Speaker 1: So one of the things that may seem like, how do you how do you pull it all together? Is you know, where does AI and robots fit in this sort of sustainable energy picture, Like is that just like some weird side project or or what you know? But it's it's because what we're really aiming for here is maybe a better way to think about rather than sustainable energy, is sustainable abundance for all. So if you think about, like, what is the future that would what's what's the most exciting future that you could possibly imagine? Like what does that future look like? It's worth thinking about that. Just this thing, just just just imagine a future. What does that that amazing future look like? How about a future where you can have any good or service you want at will? A future of abundance for all where really anyone can have anything. It sounds impossible, It sounds like surely such a thing cannot be the case. But what I'm here to tell you is that that will indeed be the case. That the future we're headed for is one where you can literally just have anything you want. Like, if there's a good or service you want, you'll be able to have it, and ultimately everyone in the world will be able to have anything they want.
Speaker 2: What's key to that is robotics and AI.
Speaker 1: So once you have self driving cars and you have autonomous humanoid robots, where everyone can have their own personal C three PO and R two D two. But even better than that, that's Optimus. You can imagine like your own personal robot buddy that is a great friend but also takes care of your house. Will will clean your house, will mow the lawn, will walk the dog, We'll teach your kids, will babysit, and and and we'll also also enable the production of goods and services, uh, basically with no limit. And when you combine that with just sustainable energy from the sun and batteries, we can also at the same time also maintain a great environment. So that's I think, is the future that we that we want. A future where nobody's nobody's in need. You can have what you want, and we still but we still have nature. We still have a you know, the the beautiful parts of nature that that we like. I think that's probably the best future. I can't like, what other future would you want? I think that's like the cool future. And also space, well let's not forget that. So if you can have basically anything you want and travel to space and go to Mars, and that would be.
Speaker 2: That's about as good as it gets, you know. It's like, that's it.
Speaker 1: So that's really what we're what we're trying to do is take the set of actions most likely to lead to a great future for all. So that's what I mean by sustainable abundance, and the combination of things that we're making with Optimists and AI and AI Compute will achieve an age of abundance for all. Like actually, so it's gonna be pretty great. And Model I became the best selling vehicle in the world. You know, FI, we do make the best you know. Yeah, it's how we're doing our popularity. Will We actually literally make the best selling car on Earth of any kind. So that's it's for two years in a row. So and it's going to be the best selling car on Earth again this year. So the cyber truck became the best selling electric vehicle pickup instantly because it's awesome. And Tesla was the best selling electric vehicle in Europe, the fastest growing brand in South Korea, and we launched in a lot of new markets, including Qatar, Lithuania, Chile, and the Philippines, and we'll be opening in a whole bunch more markets as well, so Tesla's will be available worldwide. So overall, you know, it's good. If you read the news, it feels like, you know, on a so I was like, I can't walk past the TV without seeing a Tesla on fire, Like what's going on? You know some people that's like, listen, I understand if you don't want to buy our product, but you don't have to burn it down. That's a bet unreasonable, you know, like.
Speaker 2: Like this is psycho. Stop being psycho. Okay.
Speaker 1: So uh and we've launched the new model. I congrats to the team on on Fast, so you know that that's that's obviously very tough because we've got factories all across the world and we've got to change over a global supply chain on three three three basically three supply chains on three continents. And I think it did an amazing job of switching over the world's best selling car globally in a very short period of time. Well done, guys, and let's I'll forget Also, we're upgraded Model three last year, so our in cars people are also buy the Model three.
Speaker 2: It's a great car actually.
Speaker 1: So and the cyber truck is achieved five star safety. You know these days, you know, sometimes things get a little dangerous. The neighborhood and the cyber truck being bulletproof and all can come in handy. So but apart from being bulletproof, it's also very safe in a crash. We're also building the Tesla Semi factory. This is a vehicle that some people said was impossible to build, that it defied physics. Well, not only does it not defy physics, we're gonna be making a lot of them. So we're gonna make just a you know, I think ultimately we'll make over a million millions probably of the Tesla Semi. And this is really going to be something that you'll see all over the place. And it will also be autonomous or have the ability to go autonomous down the road. So really autonomy is a massive, massive thing. The future is autonomous. So I always sort.
Speaker 2: Of think they go, like, what will the future look like in five.
Speaker 1: Years or ten years, twenty years and five years from now? Autonomous cars are going to be everywhere in the primarily going to be Tesla's by the way, but autonomous Tesla's will be everywhere, and I think in five years probably we'll have the regulatory approval I think globally, so you'll have autonomous Tesla's on every continent taking people on trips, and almost the entire fleet, which will pass ten million vehicles next year, is capable.
Speaker 2: Of full autonomy.
Speaker 1: So even without the cybercab, we still actually have a gigantic fleet that is capable of being autonomous. And the thing about being an autonomous car is that it can be used much more than a car that is not autonomous. A typical passenger vehicle car will be used about ten hours a week, so we might use it, people might use it for an hour and a half a day on average for seven days, which is about ten hours a week. But there are one hundred and sixty eight hours in a week. So if you have a car that's a robot car that can drive autonomously, it can now be used potentially for eighty maybe one hundred hours in a week. So you could have a car that has ten times the usefulness of a non autonomous.
Speaker 2: Car, but it still costs the same.
Speaker 1: In fact, the fleets are already built, so the software update is just enables that capability overnight, you have an increase in usefulness of ten million cars that suddenly become like fifty million cars or maybe eighty or one hundred million cars of usefulness overnight. That that's a profound thing. Like nothing like that has ever happened before. There is no there is no analogy that there's no nothing is There's never been something where a software update increase the value of a gigantic asset base by a factor of like five hundred to one thousand percent. So it's very difficult for like, you know, people in the stock market, especially those that look in the rear view mirror, which is most people, to imagine a future where suddenly a ten million vehicle fleet has five to ten times the usefulness. It's it's so profound, and there's there's no comparison with anything in the past that they just can't It does not compute, but it will compute in the future. And some people like Kathy would at arcinvest do see the future. So what I'm saying is hang on to your stock.
Speaker 3: So so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's really it's mind blowing. Then I want to give a shout out to Service. Service is a tough job, an important job, and it's actually what sells cars long term, you know, because the initial car is sold with sales, but all future cars are sold with service. And I always encourage our service team, like, let's try to give people a service experience that they love, not really that they like, but that they love. Because people will talk about something that they love that was an amazing experience, but they don't talk that much about things that they like. You have to really do something amazing and then they'll they'll they'll talk about it and be like, wow, that's incredible. So thank you to the service team for the great job you do. And I mean you can see sort of I like the sort of light map of superchargers. You can see you can go practically anywhere in the US, Mexico, Europe, China, most well, I guess not the outback of Australia, but but you know, most of the places where people live. So our supercharger network continues to grow significantly and we keep upgrading our supercharges. This is in fact, I still run into a lot of people who don't realize that you can drive, you take your Tesla on a road trip anywhere in America. Or anywhere in Europe, anywhere, pretty much anywhere in China just using the Tesla Supercharge network. And it's actually easy and convenient. So people think that they're whatever the range of the car is, that's as far as they can go. It's like, no, you can just stop at a supercharge network. The car's battery will last longer than your bladder. I'm pretty confident. So that's really the threshold. As long as the car battery lasts longer than your bladder and just plug it in when you go to the restroom and you come back and you know, grab a coffee or whatever, and if you're back on the road and everything's good, then that that's the range that matters and the supercharging speed that matters. So yeah, so congress to the supercharger team on expanding that work and do great, great work there. And then I mean the megapack and power wall team are really knocking it out of the park. The demand for stationary battery storage is gigantic, and I think that is actually only going to increase dramatically over time.
Speaker 2: So uh, and we've got.
Speaker 1: The Shanghai megafactory that's got started in record time in factory contract Congress to the Shanghai factory team there.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. And the power Wall three is it usually takes.
Speaker 1: It usually takes about three major technology iterations for the product to be great. And the power Wall three really is a fantastic home energy product and it's something that if you want to have ensure that your home has uninterrupted power during a power adage, the power Wall three is the.
Speaker 2: Way to go.
Speaker 1: And if you combine that with the solar, you can basically be off grid, which is pretty cool. But I think just having energy insurance, like being energy assurance such that if the if the utility goes down, you don't even notice like the light source on your house, and your neighbors will come to you for help. Basically that's actually what happens when somebody has it tells the power wall and there's a power outage.
Speaker 2: So that's a great product.
Speaker 1: And then yeah, megapack, especially at the utility scale, is that the opportunity there is gigantic because it enables a utility grid to dramatically increase the output of electricity because you can you can generate electricity at night and then megapack can provide that electricity during the day because normal electricity demand is very uneven. There's a lot of electricity usage during the day but limited at night. So megapac actually has the potential to increase the output of an existing electricity grid by more than double. So you can actually, without building additional power plants, double the total output of energy in a year.
Speaker 2: So it's quite a profound thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So megapac is is also really good at stabilizing the grid. So there's if there's variations in power in the grid, the megapac can absorb if there's a big power spike, and it can absorb and store the power, and then if there's a drop in power, it can fill in the gap. So it's a megapac is excellent for stabilizing the grid and obviously good it matches very well with wind and solar. In fact, satellites are just solar panels and a battery.
Speaker 2: That's that's how all satellites work.
Speaker 1: And with the Starling satellite network there's seven thousand satellites orbiting the Earth and all they uses is solar panels in a battery. And my prediction is long term, a majority of power on Earth. In fact, eventually it might be like ninety percent or more of all power on Earth will be solar panels with batteries. That's my prediction. My predictions have pretty good track record, so yeah, and the power walls can also act as kind of a virtual grid, so if you have thousands of power walls in a neighborhood, they can actually work work in concert to stabilize the grid.
Speaker 2: The B four supercharger is pretty cool.
Speaker 1: It enables charging at five hundred killer whites and the semi can charge at one point two megawattes, so it's and it's smaller and lighter. It's a big improvement overall, and we're rolling this out worldwide, so it'll increase charging speeds and uh yeah, just enable you to get your car charge really fast. And then with regard to sell manufacturing, we were at this point we think we're making the most efficient cell in the world, meaning like the lowest cost per killer watter I sell so, which is.
Speaker 2: Really pretty pretty good.
Speaker 1: Like there are entire companies that all they do is make lithium battery cells and for us, that's one of many things that we do. So congratulations to the cell team on making the best sell.
Speaker 2: So that's that's a really big deal.
Speaker 1: And then we're also investing in the whole battery supply chain, so we have cathere production, we have lithium refining, and.
Speaker 2: And then more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully we're sort of hoping someone else will do the uh, the anode. We might have to do the anode. I hope someone else does it. Why do we have to do all these things? A lot of people think like, we we do this thing a lot of these things because we want to, but really it's often just because we didn't have any choice and nobody else was doing it, so we had to do it. So so, yeah, a lot of new factory milestones. So in Berlin we've produced six hundred and sixty thousand drive units. Fremont, we've built our first Optimus at the Offtimost production line in Fremont. We're preparing for Cybercap production here at Gega Factory Austin and Gigo Factory Shanghai. Created it's a three million of the car. We've produced one hundred and sixty thousand NAC's adapters at gig Factory in New York, and we've got record battery pack production at Gegar Factory Nevada. So congrats to everyone were Also just behind us on the south side of the building, we have the Teesluk. We're called Cortex one. It's like basically a giant brain computer brain that is used for AI training. So we take the vast amounts of video that we get from all the cars in the fleet and we use that to train the artificial intelligence to be able to drive the car. And this is one of the most powerful training systems in the world, with over fifty thousand GPUs active and soon to be one hundred thousand GPUs, which will make it i think, probably top five in the world in training centers. We're also making continuing to make progress on our Dojo training supercomputer.
Speaker 2: So we've got Dojo one.
Speaker 1: Active now in gegapactory in New York and in Palo Alto, and it is actively working. It's actually taking load on it's doing a meaningful percentage well I guess five percent or whatever, but it's still something five, maybe approaching ten percent of the training load of the self driving AI is being done by Dojo. And then we've got Dojo two that's coming down the line that'll be probably ten times better than Dojo one, and so it's sort of exciting. We're making good progress with Dojo. I'm increasingly optimistic about the future of Dojo. I think it's we've got a real shot here at a breakthrough. So congrats to the Dojo team and the all Tails vehicles have now had what we call water pilot hardware for or really our AI four hardware, and it's it's really it's very powerful AI Infern's computer, and but also it operates a very low power and even to this day, even though this was a this has been something we're designed several years ago. There actually isn't anything on the market that we can buy that is better than AI four. So and obviously in the future years we'll have A five and AI six.
Speaker 2: Sometimes people say should I wait, I'm like, well, we're.
Speaker 1: Always gonna have another version, so there's no point in waiting because it was waiting forever. So but we obviously will have an AI five and an AI six or an AI seven, and we'll keep improving the AI compute. So for those out there that are interested in developing advanced chips, Kamoka Tesla and it is always, I think profound to watch our cars driving with no one in them, and we actually have the cars doing useful work for the first time with no one in them, which I think is is really it's.
Speaker 2: A significant milestone.
Speaker 1: So the cars are driving from end of line in Fremont to park themselves, and I think we've just started doing that here in Austin, so we'll be uh yeah, car the car literally goes from end of line in Freemont to to it's to its destination parking spot where it gets picked up by a truck for delivery to a customer. And good does that with no one in it And it's not doing that all day every day like it you know, pretty much like it's just a matter of fact thing. Yeah, so let's see uh yeah, And obviously for anyone that's using it, you can see the dramatic improvements in the in the in full self driving, where it's getting to the point where interventions are extremely rare, and eventually I get to the point where there really is no need to intervene, like the car is going to be better than human In fact, maybe it's it's worth emphasizing that it's not that it's not that Tesla full self driving will be equal to humans in safety. It will be ultimately ten times safer than a human because.
Speaker 2: It never gets tired.
Speaker 1: It doesn't, you know, like humans get tired and don'times get wasted, you know, and we'll have arguments or change the radio or you know, text. I know, no one in this audience would ever text while driving. That'd be crazy, but you know, it does happen. So so the reality is that the fulls off testl A PUL self driving will be vastly safer than humans, not just equivalent, will be actually vastly safer. And it means you can do whatever you want while driving. So even if you don't like rent your car out for usage, you can still it frees up your time. So if let's say you're driving ten twelve hours a week or more, it gives you back ten to twelve hours of your life, which is extremely cool. So well, Optimist sure has come a long way, so that the new Optimus twenty two Degree of Freedom hand and Forum is now in production and it's learning to walk and catch balls.
Speaker 2: It's pretty cool. I mean, look at that's where we came from. It's wild.
Speaker 1: So in a very short period of time, Optimis has gone from being an idea to the most sophisticated humanoid robot on Earth.
Speaker 2: There's nothing.
Speaker 1: There's nothing even close to the level of sophistication of Optimus and and Tesla some important missing ingredients that others don't have, which is our robot has a real brain.
Speaker 2: It's like the Wizard of Oz to Men was at a harder brain one of the two.
Speaker 1: So it's got it's got the it's got the real world AI, so it tells us the leader in real world AI. What we learned in the car we translate to to the Optimus robot. And we also trans take our expertise in electric motors, in batteries, power electronics, structural design. And then another major important thing is that we're very good at manufacturing. So in order for robots to be useful, that you have to they have to be they have to be intelligence. We have to be able to do useful things just by asking, and you have to be able to make a large number of them at an affordable price. This is what we can do. We have the only company with all the ingredients for making intelligent humanoid robots.
Speaker 2: At scale is Tesla. This is a super big deal.
Speaker 1: Like my prediction is that on this front is that optimists will be the biggest product of old time by far. Nothing will even be close. It'll be I think it'll be ten times bigger than the next biggest product ever made, like that level.
Speaker 4: So yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, So with that, anybody have any questions?
Speaker 1: Yeah, heah, congratulations, thank you.
Speaker 2: Cool and we were rocket casings.
Speaker 1: We do yeah, well, we do want to make we want to scale up production to new heights. Obviously with the with the cybercab, you know we're going to be a cybercab. Is is not just revolutionary car design, it's also a revolutionary manufacturing process. So I guess we probably don't talk about that enough, but if you've seen the design of the Cybercab line, it doesn't look like a normal car manufacturing line. It looks like a really high speed consumer electronics line.
Speaker 2: It's uh.
Speaker 1: In fact, the line will move so fast that that actually people can't even get close to it. Like that's you know, I think it's it'll be able to produce a car ultimately in less than five seconds. Like can you imagine a car coming off flying in less than five seconds? That's that's like whoa, which which means casting has got to happen fast. Yeah, yeah, so I mean we got we got to jam the liquid metal in, cool it down real fast, like real fast, and then I guess maybe we need to like just get even bigger casting machines.
Speaker 2: Sure, why not?
Speaker 1: You know down, Yeah, let's fifty thousand tons, you know, because like then we can make with a single casting machine, we could do like five at a time or something.
Speaker 2: You know, trying to.
Speaker 1: Think like how do you scale castings, because because you've got liquid metal, metal's got a cool uh, and then you've got to automate, you know, getting all the bits and pieces off the casting so it's usable. And that's actually kind of how they do it. In like small volume castings. They'll like to have a casting block that'll make like, you know, one hundred matchbox cars that it's time and we just make that a real big yeah, I mean we have the cathedral casting back there. So yeah, let's do that. I mean, like, let's let's see what what is the limit of what is the limit of physics of how big can a casting machine be? Let's find out. I'm gay, I'm down, Let's have some let's have some fun here. Of course, the limits of technology, all right.
Speaker 5: Hi Elan, I've been with Tesla for the last eight years. It has been the most exhilarating eight years of my career. And truly, when I thank you for your leadership, I also.
Speaker 2: Have to thank you for your confusion.
Speaker 5: Thank you, thank you for your leadership. I also have two little girls who spend their weekends cruising around and they're very awesome cyber truck I'd love to know when we can add Optimist to the family.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's a good question.
Speaker 1: So so this year, we hopefully we'll be able to make about five thousand Optimus robots. We're technically we're aiming for enough parts to make ten thousand, maybe twelve thousand, But since it's a totally new product with totally new you know, like everything is totally new, I'll say, like, we're succeeding if we get to half of the ten you know, half the ten thousand now, but even five thousand robots, that's the size of a Roman legion IFI, which is like a little scary thought, like a whole legion of robots. I'd be like, WHOA, Okay, but I think I think we're literally a legion at least one legion of robots this year. And then probably ten legions next year and it's kind of a cool unit, you know, units of legion, So probably fifty thousand ish next year, and then it's probably ready to I'm hopefully ready for Optimists to be used outside of Tesla.
Speaker 2: Controlled environment, maybe around the middle of next.
Speaker 1: Year, second half of next year sometime, so, so that's I think that's what sounds about right. Probably second half of next year is when they will be available, and then we will offer Optimist robots first to Teslia employees, so you guys get the priority.
Speaker 2: But there are some pluses and minuses to that, you know, because it's.
Speaker 1: Uh, probably have a few bugs, but but.
Speaker 2: It's it's gonna be very cool.
Speaker 1: You definitely you'll want to invite your friends over and say, check us out.
Speaker 2: So that's the other questions. How are you long?
Speaker 6: Hey, my name is Dom I've been here for a little over a year now. I work in people development. Okay, we try to, but we make so many amazing things right now, it's still the people that do it. Yes, when we think about applying first principles to the relationships and the teams that people have, how would you encourage us to think about that and act on those first principles when it comes to relationships and teams.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, well, I think, you know, there are actually quite a few things I've written over the years that it would be good to compile into like a I don't know, a booklet or something, because I actually have to be reminded of those things myself, and I'm like, oh, I remember that thing that I thought of after making so many mistakes and trying to make fewer mistakes. So you know, there's like, for example, at like a five step process of like make their requirements less dumb and then try to delete the parton process step only, then optimize only, then speed it up, and only the fifth thing is automate.
Speaker 2: I have to repeat that to myself.
Speaker 1: Many times because I've made the mistake of doing it backwards so many times. And you know, I think always operating on the principle that everyone is wrong to some degree and we should aspire to be less wrong over time, which will not always succeed in doing. But if you know, if two days out of three you're less wrong over time, you're going to be Your batting average is going to be really good. So nobody ever bats a thousand, but you can improve your batting average.
Speaker 2: So I think rigorous.
Speaker 1: You know, you want to critique yourself, you want to internalize responsibility, and these are all things I need to remind myself of, you know. Just to be clear, I'm not like suggesting. I yes, internalized responsibility feel us wrong. And we should remember what we should remember what is our What is our goal as a company. Our goal is to make amazing products that people love, and then to take care of those products and service. So we should say, what are we doing to make our products better, to make them more affordable, to have the customer experience be delightful, because that's actually the purpose of a company.
Speaker 2: Sometimes people get wide as a company exist.
Speaker 1: A company exists, it's a group of people collected together to produce a compelling product or service that others find useful, and where the value of the product and service is greater than the cost of what it took to make that product or service. So sometimes weirdly profit is like viewed negatively, but really profit is just the difference in value between the output and the input.
Speaker 2: It's like what did a cost you to make it? And what did it.
Speaker 1: Cost should and what are people prepared to pay for it, that's the value that you've created. So it's it's tough actually even to maintain like a ten percent of profitability, which is to make that make the output ten percent more valuable than the input. That's actually quite hard, especially in the car industry, which is very competitive.
Speaker 2: So we're just not lose sight of like why are we here.
Speaker 1: We're here to make useful products that people love, you know, and and take care of that, take care of the overtime. So then how we're doing in that respect and how can we how can we do that better?
Speaker 7: So sure, give what advice would you give a young person like get into the stock market.
Speaker 2: Like, oh huh stock advice? Wow? Sir, yes, sir.
Speaker 1: As as I as I think people can can perhaps tell who are watching this. These these these questions are not prepared in advance. This is literally random questions from the crowd, which is cool. Actually I'm fine with that and and I think that it's going to sound very very straightforward. But you want to really buy stocking companies where you think the product that that company makes will be better in the future, like like are they is that company going to make more and better products? Or like do you love the products that that company makes and are they going to keep doing that? And and like I think tells it as I've just gone through, Telsa is gonna has made has a track record of having made many great products, and we're going to make many more future great products, and we're going to scale up production. And I think we've demonstrated a level innovation that is extremely rare. I mean, certainly by far the most innovative company in the car industry.
Speaker 2: Like not even close type of thing.
Speaker 1: So, you know, I do think Tesla stock actually long I think long term, with optimists and self driving, Tesla will probably.
Speaker 2: Be the most valuable company in the world.
Speaker 1: But there are also other companies out there that make great products and services. So I think that's the way you want to look at it to say, like, is do you do you think this product Because that's the reason why companies exist.
Speaker 2: Is to make great products and services.
Speaker 1: So if you think that a company is going to improve over time, then buy the stock. And if you don't, then don't, and then the stock market is it's a very strange thing. It's kind of like, you know, I think it's Warren Buffett's sort of metaphor analogy is, you know, stock markets like having someone stand at the edge of your property or your house and yell prices about to buy, buy or sell your house every day, and like sometimes they take their ends and sometimes they don't, you know. So sometimes the person yelling at the price of your house is having a good day or anytimes and having a bad day. But it's still the same house. You're like, I'm like, literally still the same house. Like, you know, so Tesla stock goes up and it goes down, but actually it's still the same company. It's just people's perception of the future.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I guess it's just very emotional, you know. So, But for me, like, while it's difficult to predict how things will be from you know, in the next day, six to twelve months, if you say, like where will things be in three years or five years, the future of Tesla is incredibly bright.
Speaker 4: Hi.
Speaker 1: Hi, Yes, you say, will the robot take your job or what? That's a fair question?
Speaker 2: Well? So, yeah, like, is a robot gonna come and steal your job? A reasonable question? I think what what what we'll find.
Speaker 1: With the robots is that there will be a ratio of people to robots, So you'll effectively end up having managing a group of robots.
Speaker 2: So you know, you'll have like basically, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Your flock or your little group of robots that you take care of and and you tell them what to do, and I don't know, you'll have a pack of robots. Basically, Yeah, you're promoted to manager. One way to think of it. I think the same thing will be true of cars. Like, so for the self driving cars, is that people that I say, you know uber drivers today or something like that, or taxi drivers today will end up managing a fleet of cars and that'll be a much more effective use of that time, you know, just taking care of like ten twenty cars or have a many that can take care.
Speaker 4: Of So yeah, how long? My name is Adrian.
Speaker 8: You said that your companies are made to make products people love.
Speaker 6: Yeah, have you ever thought of airplanes or trains?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean i'd I'd actually love to make airplanes, especially, but stretch pretty thin. So I have like seventeen jobs at this point. I just go to sleep, work, go to sleep for the work, and then do that seven days a week.
Speaker 2: Pretty much. People say, like where do you go on vocational like, what's that? You know? But I guess I like being productive.
Speaker 1: I like getting things done, So I guess I could choose to be like on an island somewhere, so in am Tai, you know, with attractive people in bikinis and stuff. Why wait, why am I not doing that? What? What a fool I've been?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've actually thought about aircraft designs for a long time, and I think there's an interesting opportunity to make like an electric supersonic.
Speaker 2: V toll jet, you know, the vetlls like cherry on the cake.
Speaker 1: But certainly electric electric, long range, fast electric airplane would be very cool. You know, maybe at some point we'll do that. Yeah, that would be kind of fun. We do have the ingredients for it. So and then there is the potential for we like thinking like pretty far into the future here of not not a not a conventional train, but that sort of hyper loop, essentially vacuum tunnels like tunnels where you draw a vacuum so there's no air resistance and you have very high speed autonomous electric pods in a vacuum tube, a vacuum tunnel that would allow you to go from city center to city center much faster than any airplane could possibly go, because going into the into the an underground vacuum tunnel would it'd be like teleporting to super high altitude effectively, which no plane could do. And then it could deliver you right to the center of a city. And that I don't know, Maybe that's some future collaboration with Warring Company in Tesla. I got a million ideas. The ideas are. I had more ideas than I know what to do with. Ideas are kind of the easy part. Execution is the hard part. As they say, it's one percent inspiration ninety nine percent perspiration.
Speaker 9: Work in manufacturing engineering. Since twenty eighteen, I've done a bunch of different things here, kind of like energy products, Moundel three, Model Wide cyber and now we're looking forward to Optimists maybe the biggest product ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it will be.
Speaker 9: And I think about the mission statement of the company, and it's evolved. It used to be a sustainable transportation, then sustainable energy. Is it going to evolve again? Are we going to reformulate that officially to kind of explain to the world better about how optimism and AI folds into the rest of the fabric of the company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I touched on this briefly earlier, but you're right that I think we do need to articulate it more prominently and maybe more often, because it's really about a sustainable abundance, you know. Can we have a future of abundance for all that is also sustainable and compatible with nature so we're not destroying nature? But where do you also get abundance for everyone on Earth? Sounds like the best possible future. That's what we're trying to do.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yes, sir, my name is Aaron. Yes, sir, my name is Aaron Armstrong. It's not every day that you get to be in the presence of somebody that's accumulated so much wealth and success. So I just wanted to take this opportunity to ask for any wisdoms or secrets that you may have to offer about this game of life that we're all trying to play.
Speaker 1: Sure, I mean, I try to tell say everything that I know well, butterally sometimes i'm you know, like I posted on X I guess should I ask the AI to look through all of my ex posts and pick out the ones that are really good because I try to say any you know, good ideas that I have I try to post them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think generally it's good to always be be curious and too, you know, to read widely, Like read read a lot of interesting books, especially history. I find history really interesting, and I find like biographies and autobiographies to be also very interesting.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I think it's good to read, especially autobiographies where like you know, somebody has done something incredible and they wrote they wrote the book of themselves or mostly themselves. That'll that'll give you a lot of ideas. And I mean something that I do is I'll get audiobooks because I got like so much going on in my mind when it's kind of hard to go to sleep, because it's like having a computer browser with like a hundred tabs open. That's that's by the end of the day, I got like one hundred tabs open. Like out I close this browser. You know, that's my brain. That's my brain. So then I'll listen to an audiobook and I'll put it on a timer and it's like fifteen minutes. It's like being like being read up a bedtime story by your phone. So podcasts and and audio books especially during at bedtime, or I find her great, yeah yeah, or yeah, sure.
Speaker 2: Or so I can't hear you.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's a there's a city in South Texas which is star Base, So it's it's a city for it's in fact the cities.
Speaker 2: Maybe sound makes it sound bigger than it is, but it is. It's it's a really uh a a small.
Speaker 1: Town plus a giant rocket factory that's star Base, and it's uh in South Texas and Star Based, Texas, right by the Rio Grande.
Speaker 2: And you can just literally drive there.
Speaker 1: Because it's it's on like a state highway, so you can just drive through it check it out. So I do own a piece of property that's just across the river.
Speaker 2: That's kind of cool.
Speaker 1: It used to be like a like a horse place, like where they would give horse riding lessons and stuff.
Speaker 2: And at some point I think it would be cool too.
Speaker 1: I want to do like this gigantic art project there that's like a looks like an alien planet, like right across the river, but like that people could visit, you know, so then I might like live there occasionally. But really it's it's a place to like, I don't know, to envision sort of an alien planet art project across the river.
Speaker 2: They're kind of cool.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, uh.
Speaker 1: Do we see see TESL making product that helps how we spend money? Well, I think the AI is going to help us spend money better. It's kind of amazing, you know what AI can do these days. And if anyone here has used at grock, but it's pretty cool. Grock voice can be really pretty great too. I just try grock unhinged. It's like it's guaranteed to be entertaining at a party one thousand percent. Probably see you if you If you try grock voice unhinged at a party, this will be a very it's gonna be a big hit.
Speaker 2: So but you can also ask it.
Speaker 1: Any questions, so like if you want to ask questions about like, you know, life advice or things that or anything like you could really ask Like you can ask it about cryptocurrency if you want. You can ask it about medical advice. You can ask any It's actually it's very good and it's getting better, so you know, I think more use of try using rock. It's like it's really pretty cool. Yeah, sure, cool.
Speaker 4: Long ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so.
Speaker 1: We're in phase three of the master plan. Since mass Plan one and two have been completed. Now Mass Plan Pot three is a very long master plan because it's basically making all in it ge On Earth sustainable and and I actually need to supplement it with the sort of abundance for all.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's a master plan for.
Speaker 1: I've kind of described master Plan four essentially, which is like autonomous cars, autonomous humanoid robots. They're combined that with like solar and battery storage, and I think the future is going.
Speaker 2: To be incredible. So I'll take a couple more questions and call it a night.
Speaker 1: Well, i'll ask if you haven't asked a question before you can ask a question. Okay, Oh, well, there are actually some Optimous robots being built in Premont right now.
Speaker 2: So, well, so what that was, But.
Speaker 1: So we expect to have an Optimist production line here as well. So there'll be Optimist production starting in the Bay Area, and then we'll have the even bigger Optimist production line here in Austin. Yeah, it's gonna be a lot of robots quite ultimately. I mean I think I think there'll be We'll be making tens of millions of robots a year type of thing. It's like serious volume, maybe one hundred million robots a year. It's wild. Yeah, all right, Well, ask question Okay, it's about sustainability abundance. Yes, well, yes, I mean obviously Utopia could be dystopia.
Speaker 2: So we have to. Like, usually any story about Utopia ends up being dystopia. Won't avoid that.
Speaker 1: But nonetheless, I think if you say, what future, what's what's the best future you can think of? I think a future of sustainable abundance plus space travel that's pretty great. Yeah, we need we need adversity. Well, I mean you make a good point, like we like, if things would actually get too easy, maybe we get bored and we're not. You kind of want to to some degree overcome adversity.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: It's like if you if you play a game of some kind, you wanted to aim to be not too easy and not too hard, and maybe the future will be too easy potentially, that's what you're saying. Yeah, it's a high class problem, you know, But I think I think we'll still have human to human competitions. And if you look at say athletics or even mind games like chess.
Speaker 2: Although computers can beat any.
Speaker 1: Human at chess, chess is actually at an all time high in popularity. And although you know cars can go faster than any humans, we still have athletic sports where humans compete against each other, so I think we'll still have human versus human competitiveness. I think long term we will also have enhancement of humans, or optionally, if somebody wants to enhance, like have like cybernetic enhancements, like with neuralink, you know, if you want to go cybernetic and I don't know, maybe have like super intelligence and be able to see, you know, in different wavelengths. But we could absolutely provide superhuman abilities via neuralink in the future. So one thing is for sure, the future is going to be very interesting. In fact, I think the most generally, I find that the most interesting outcome is the most likely, or said another way, maybe the most entertaining outcome, especially fyronic.
Speaker 2: Is the most likely.
Speaker 1: It's almost like we're in an alien Netflix series that's trying to have the highest possible ratings, and like, if you think about it, like that's kind of what happens, you know it would. It doesn't mean it's always good because to your point, if you wouldn't really want to watch a show where things are great and stay great, I'm like, oh, it's boring. You want to watch a show where there's like a narrative ac where things go up and they go down, they go back up again, and you know, you know exactly what's going to happen next. And I think we might be in an alien Netflix series here. So we're just going to keep the ratings up so we don't get canceled, all right, Thank you guys,