Speaker 1: Let's go, let's go, let's go. Good morning. This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen ride right. Oh yes, sir, wakey, wakey, hands on Snaky Rot Ryan Show. Check it in tat Tuesday. Short weeks. I'm all about it. I hope you guys had a wonderful weekend. I had one of the best weekends ever. So many people out at Buzzfest, so great. I can't wait to recap everything, share pictures and stories and all that good stuff with you today on the show. Now, we have some other things that we have to get to norm going for win number four, Fresh Out Event head to Head Challenge. We'll pick up where we left off on Friday. Metallica Pantera, Suicidal Tendency sold out show home room. I'm gonna give you a pair of tickets today. We're gonna give you Metallica tickets every day this week. Fun fact flashback Metallica tickets Falling in Reverse August fourteenth. Mo announced that show last week. We will have tickets for you. They announced and put tickets on sale immediately, So tickets are on sale for Falling in Reverse. We'll hook you up at seven twenty. We'll talk about there's a new single with Marilyn Manson out there. Now, we got the Summer of Loud tour. We're gonna give you tickets to that at A twenty Bring Me the Horizon tickets at nine ten mud Vane Static X tickets on no the show. Everyone brought in six picks today, so that's gonna be dominating links and guests. Ninety percent chance of thunderstorms, high of around eighty nine today. Good morning, mo. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 2: Good morning?
Speaker 3: And three more were caught, two of them were here. Y'all know we're invested in the New Orleans jail break. That is now on day eleven, ten guys escaped from jail.
Speaker 2: Now we only have two on the run.
Speaker 3: But why were two of the three caught yesterday in Huntsville?
Speaker 2: Don't they know there's like a prison there, Yeah, like.
Speaker 1: A mega prison there. Yes, where they went stop.
Speaker 3: I almost texted you last night when I saw this. They arrested off Highway one ninety and Geneva Road to like four minutes from the Huntsville prison.
Speaker 1: Where the electric chair is pol to what, idiot, but old Sparky is there the electric chair? But it's there.
Speaker 3: Maybe they were visiting that the museum. Solorities who were looking all day, they have leads and tips that the guys were in the area, they noticed the vehicle in the tips, tried to initiate a traffic stop. That guys had a little chase that resulted.
Speaker 2: In a crash.
Speaker 3: And uh, they got them twenty thousand dollars reward pert in for tips on the final two that are still on.
Speaker 1: The run, turn the corner. You got a spot the storm. I don't know what the deal was.
Speaker 3: Russia launched its biggest drone attack on Ukraine over the weekend, the largest and over this three year war. President Donald Trump called Russian president absolutely crazy for the strikes, saying he's needlessly killing a lot of people and warned that trying to take all of Ukraine could lead to Russia's downfall. Hey, good news, because today is National Sunscreen Day. All of y'all that are nursing your sunburns from over the weekend, you're like, it's a little too late. I hope you enjoyed your nice long weekend. One of the crazy stats for sunscreen Day, thirty six percent of people would be cool lathering up a stranger on the beach. Yo, there's no chance in heck. I don't even like to hug my husband. I'm not a touch person. Well, can you imagine someone just coming up to I would think I was on the show punked up real fast. I like look around, like, guess someone playing a joke on me. There's absolutely no way in heck I would ever do that. All right, kind of sad news as well. Wishes continue to rush in for the Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson. He passed away on Sunday after about with Alzheimer's in a blood disorder.
Speaker 2: He was seventy nine years old.
Speaker 3: We all know the family because of their hunting company turned reality show that premiered in twenty twelve and ran for eleven seasons. But this morning, Rod over there dropped a bomb on me when he told me that Phil Robertson was a quarterback that Luis yam tech in the late sixties and had to quit because he needed more time to hunt the backup.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the part that blew my mind.
Speaker 3: The backup that took Phil spot was freaking Terry Bradshaw.
Speaker 1: That's how he got his I had no idea that's how he got into the place.
Speaker 4: That's all I think of when I see anything duck dinasty. Really, I was starting over Terry Bradshaw.
Speaker 3: They have a new TV show out this Sunday at debuts. It's called Duck Dynasty The Revival, Thoughts and Prayers for the Family.
Speaker 2: All Right, The Foo.
Speaker 3: Fighters would like permission to swear, smoke, and drink during their upcoming show in Indonesia. Apparently a Indonesia, a majority Muslim country, they have very strict obscenity laws, and the show's promoter says, as long as it doesn't touch any sensitive topics like race, religion, or cultural values, they're gonna be fine with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dave Grohl is not going to be able to not swear. That's like what he does. He swears, I mean not.
Speaker 2: Mean yeah, he just drops naturally, just f.
Speaker 1: Bombs left and right about race or religion. So maybe he does fit.
Speaker 3: Into that, but it's something I would want to get ahead of before getting there.
Speaker 1: There's some of the bombs we're gonna drop. Go to jail for years. You could be in prison for swearing. Those are Houston's headlines. Good luck guys, all right, Well, and then The other fun fact is, oh, they have another show booked. The only thing we knew was the F one show. Oh yeah, so this is a second Food Fighters show. So you know they're going to where they won't speak his language, they can't interview on by they butt in jail, butt that kid, All right, what do you got?
Speaker 4: In the NBA Playoffs, the Thunder got by the Timberwolves one twenty eight to one twenty six in Game four of the Western Conference Finals.
Speaker 1: They're up three to one series.
Speaker 4: And the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Hurricanes of what it being swept They shout out the Panthers three to nothing in Game four of the Eastern Conference Finals. And baseball Ashers had a day off yesterday. Tonight they're going to open up a two game series with the Athletics. Hunter Brown is gonna be on the mound for the Strows going up against the a's JP France. First pitch is at seven ten. You can listen to the game on our sister stations, Sports.
Speaker 1: Talk seven ninety News Radio seven forty K two h and.
Speaker 4: Don't think I forgot about racing. I know what happened on Sunday, but quick shout out to Alex p for winning the Indy five hundred on Sunday, Alex Palau.
Speaker 1: So obviously he knows I'm a big race guy. He's like, hey, you got a similar name. I'm gonna win the race too for you.
Speaker 4: Just hear me.
Speaker 1: But pretty cool, Alex Plow, your Indy five hundred winner. That's what's going on in sports, all right. Here we go. Four hours of pain starts right now. You want the first phone call, come get it seven one three two one two five. We got busy one for you today. Guys, strap yourselves in hit it. Come on ninety four or five. The buzz that's breaking Benjamin and the Diary of Jane. Good morning everybody. Uh man, I hope you guys had a an awesome and awesome long weekend. I had a great weekend. Uh No one asked, I'm just telling you I had a great weekend. And we were already because we haven't seen each other here in this in the room, I'm already talking buzzfest stories and did you see this? And did you see this?
Speaker 4: Mo?
Speaker 1: Yes, I want to get into it with you, not right now, but please tell me you had a great day out there on Saturday. It was so fun. It was sweaty, but it was so fun. One of my absolute best moments is running around with you up on the hill and giving people some pit passes and you and I like running around figuring out like who's who's worthy, you know, And it was so great. And I so loved the people that knew you and recognized you immediately. It's like, that's mo oh my god, that's cool. A lot of people knew you from your old radio station. That was really really fun. It was really fun. Your husband's cool af We're going to keep him. He's oh my god. I finally got a chance to meet with him and hang with him a little bit cool. But I hope you had a good time, Alex. I know you had a good time. I need to ask you time. I know I didn't.
Speaker 2: Ask how was your Sunday though, I know you had.
Speaker 1: A good job. Yeah. When we were at the very end, we were getting ready to kind of like introduce Chavelle and bring the whole staff out. I look at Alex real serious, I go, dude, why don't you just do the whole thing? And he goes really like, he goes, really, you you want me to do it? Are you sure my voice. Yeah, And for half a second he thought I was serious. I'm like, no, you do it. You just bring everybody up.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you if you need, let me put together what I'm gonna say.
Speaker 1: Are you sure you.
Speaker 5: Want me to do it?
Speaker 1: Because I sound like this, But I'll do it, dude, I'll do it.
Speaker 3: I'll step up when you're always.
Speaker 1: There, right, all right, We're gonna and I can't wait to hear what Chili. I mean, Chili did such a good job interviewing p O D.
Speaker 4: Maybe my eyeland, I thought Kenton plays opening up, they shredded Chili just being so excited to interview pod yep.
Speaker 1: And he crushed that interview too, And I was down there, I heard the whole thing. I was there for it. I wanted to be there to support him, and he did such a good job. He loves Peoty so much. And Teresa I got to get up there. She's like, you know what, Chili, just go ahead and do it, you know, like she stepped aside because they were going to do it together and she knew he was such a huge fan. So I want to talk to him about that. Today you're going to see our six picks, Moe's mind, Chile's Alex's six picks. There's going to be separate pages up for that. I know you guys have sent us pictures. Keep sending us all of your Buzzfest pictures.
Speaker 5: Please.
Speaker 1: I want to see everything that you guys took. But man, there's so many things to talk about today. Now, let's get to some of the things that are on air. Metallica tickets, Guys, Metallica tickets every day this week. Did you know that the show sold out? Of course it did. Pantera Suicidal Tendencies. That show is June fourteenth, Energy Stadium cannot buy tickets anymore? Well, can't you from second tier and scalpers? Of course you can, But you can win them from us every day this week. Chili's going to move them around him in homeroom. He's up messing around. He gave him to you in homeroom today on the on the Fun Fact flashback, that's somebody's gonna win Metallica tickets at around six forty six thirty five. I would hang with us in that area, falling in reverse tickets, I said at seven twenty the Summer of Loud Tour tickets at eight twenty. I mean just ticket after ticket after ticket after ticket. It's insane today. Every phone line is ringing.
Speaker 6: It's now time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Oh it's Craig Craig. Good morning today, Bro. I don't care how I'm doing. I don't care about me. I care about you. Mo. Craig is one of the guys that we gave tickets to up on the lawn.
Speaker 2: No way, Yes, Craig.
Speaker 1: Craig said, awesome pictures too. I sent him over to you. I sent you everybody's emails that's sent to you and I. We were up on the lawn, Bro, you were up in the back. I saw you wearing your rod Ryan show t shirt. We said, man, we got to get this guy up front. Thank you. You sent some great pictures in too, dude.
Speaker 7: Oh thanks, I appreciate that. I love how you use my picture of all your butts for the ninety four fives page.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was his butt picture too.
Speaker 2: I think your service.
Speaker 1: It was him. What time I can't remember exactly? When was it after Blue October? When did you finally make it? Because we went up on the hill. Who did you see from the pit?
Speaker 7: So we went down there I got the tickets from you, Darren Evans Blue, and then you know, right after that we went down kind of got settled and just enjoyed it, absolutely enjoyed it. A lot of my pictures didn't come through because, like with Maryland, all the smoke in the fog. Yeah, camera phones did not do justice at all. So I didn't even bother trying to give you the Oh, I.
Speaker 1: Got a video, I got a post for Maryland Manson. I'll get that up on our Instagram this morning. Craig, thank you for sharing all those great picks with us. Thank you so much, and I'm so glad you had a good time.
Speaker 7: No, I literally thank you so much. I mean, I've loved you for the twenty one years you've been here. You know, I've been going out when I was younger, in first twenty one heading out there. But uh yeah, trying to get more involved this year, like you want. Everybody's trying more involved.
Speaker 1: That's what I want. I want everyone to get involved. Craig was Alex. Craig was the second guy in studio when we were so it must have been in January. He came in and played read my lips. Okay, yeah, I didn't realize that until after. I didn't realize that. I'm like, after we get into tickets that he said, hey, I came in to play read my lips. I'm like, yeah, you did, all right, Craig, thank you. I think I'm one of Craig's pictures. I think in my six Picks, Moe is unbelievable at selfies. He's just like, give me the damn. Anybody's fumbling around with the camera, most like, give me that camera. She's got her arm out there, boom, gets everybody in. That's something that I learned about you this weekend. I'm happy to help. You're the best selfie picture ever take her ever. So I got a couple of those in my six Picks. I can't wait to see all of everyone's six picks this morning, quick break, let me come back in a rec check for you. We'll find out what's trending, and then we'll get set up for the Fresh out of bed Rock and all tear the rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 6: I'm six to ten am.
Speaker 1: All right, Welcome back, everybody, rod Ryan Show. I just took a glance ChIL He's got all those links going up on links and guests today he is busy this morning, so we're gonna continue on with this pesky rain. We got a ninety percent chance of thunderstorms. Highs today of around eighty nine. I imagine that's going to make your commute in MO. You're gonna be busy on these rec checks this morning. I see you already, are Alex rod Oh, you posted a picture of your daughter this weekend. That was absolute perfection. My mom did a Memorial Day for your mom? Did that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, it was all like Memorial Day flags. Who's truck? It was my ranger? She said, I'll clean up, yeah, she said, the of the arranger. It was such a beautiful picture. Very American. All right, what do you got for me? What's trending? Amas are trending?
Speaker 4: The American Music Awards happened yesterday.
Speaker 1: Jennifer Lopez turned in like some massive set in the beginning of.
Speaker 2: It, seven solid minutes.
Speaker 1: So it's her crazy outfit and I think God scnked. Taylor Swift, I think yeah, and then Billy Eilish wont everything. She was up for it obviously, like six or seven awards and didn't go to it. Yeah, some of this stuff is on the looking at girls blog page that Jennifer Lopez set is pretty awesome about all.
Speaker 4: Those people that were making fun of us. We're playing Billie Eilish, you're a little silly right now. I don't know if it's been a billionaire forever.
Speaker 1: Emanuel Majuang.
Speaker 4: And the French president's wife shoved him and now viral clip and people are talking about that. That's on the looking at girls block page. Okay, I go check it out.
Speaker 1: She's like pushed him right in the face and he's like, oh my god, the door's open. Hi, everybody, Everything's fine. That's what people are talking about. Mine in Liverpool parade is trending.
Speaker 4: A car crash into the crowd at Liverpool's Premier League Championship parade yesterday. They're saying they do not think it was terrorism, but people were injured in it and it's a whole thing people were talking about right now. But that's what Trenting on ninety four five to the bus.
Speaker 8: No good body, this is norm and I am fresh with another win.
Speaker 1: I'm your three day fresh out of bed, head to head champion. Hey, looking back after that game, we're asking Robert what happened?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: All I can say is get on my level. I can't see join me. On Tuesdays we go for win number four, which is seven one, three, two two five. Who's gonna beat this guy? The rod Ryan Show on the Buzz ninety four or five the bus Good Morning rod Ryan Show six twenty seven. Guys, please be careful out there. I'm getting the emails. Would you tell people to turn the lights on them? That's always a weird thing for me. It's like, I feel like it's an automatic thing now with most cars. But there's a couple of idiots driving around with no lights on. That's not good. Okay, it's rainy, it's nasty outside, ninety percent chance of thunderstorms, highs up around eighty nine. I mean, guys, lights on. The problem is I'm telling people to turn the lights on. Those are people that are listening to Ruling Ryan. I mean, they're not HiT's, they're not our listeners. There's nobody listening to the Buzz that's driving around with their lights off, soly not. I'm this is falling on deaf ears. I know all of our people have their lights on.
Speaker 9: And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge.
Speaker 1: Listeners to New York Corners may be listening to that new country morning show. You never heard of them? No, they probably don't have the lights on. Definitely not. Hey, Norm, more than everybody. Norm, Come on, what are you doing? Are you for real? Yeah, I'm for real. I'm coming back from a long weekend and feeling good. Right now, we're about to find out how good a weekend you had by your play. Here you're going for with number four, two games away from going back into the Hall of Fame, right you're you've been in the Hall of Fame. Yes, one time, one time in Hall of Fame. Sure, but you beat some big time Hall of famers to get here. Now I got Shane over here, Shane, good morning, Good morning. Well let's let's give Norm his thing. Where do we go? And then lined up for you, Shane is what yoa fish fil a? Are you ordering your fish fila? Are you fresh? Are you a brand new player?
Speaker 10: I am fresh? Fit?
Speaker 1: Shame? What are you gonna do? What do you Why are you bothered? Why are you wasting my time? This guy? Norm hoping?
Speaker 7: I'm gonna be Shane the pain you know, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Norm is the guy that's already responsible for the biggest upset of the year. You want to be the guy with the biggest upset of the year. Is that what you want?
Speaker 3: Because that's that's what would happen once the biggest upset.
Speaker 1: Of the year. Okay, Shane's never played before. You're playing for a rod Ryan Show T shirt. Norm is really really good, Shane. How was your weekend? Shane?
Speaker 7: It was good.
Speaker 5: It was good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're about to find out how good it was, So, Shane troth Lesa. You just shout out your name when you think you know the answer. It's been twenty one plus years. They've not given me buzzers yet for you guys. So just shout out your name, say your name before Norm wait for me to call on you give me the correct answer. Okay, these are most questions. These are most questions. Oh yeah, yeah, okay, Shane, are you ready? I'm ready? Okay, don't embarrass yourself. I try not to be embarrassing if you embarrass yourself. All right, Shane and Norm, here we go. Norm. You're ready, right, Oh, I'm ready? All right, Here we go. Question number one, Okay, who'll start out easy? Who was the first president of the United States of America, Norm, George Washington. George Washington is correct, Shane. He's quick, He's quick. But you took a cut. You were in there. He smoked you. But I appreciate you saying your name and getting in there. You're proving to me that you've heard the game before, and I just got to step it up just a little quicker. Okay, dude, let's do it all right. Here we go. Shout out your name. When you think you know the answer, that's Shane over there. He's never played before, Moe, Norm has played before. Here comes another one of most questions, based on the popular children's book if you give a mouse a cookie? Nope, Shane, go for it. UH need an answer in three two one? Okay, hold on, hold on, Shane?
Speaker 10: WHOA?
Speaker 1: I like you getting in there, though, listen, I would not have gotten this question right. Really, No, I don't know what you're talking about here, Norm, based on the popular children's book if you give a mouse a cookie? What is he going to ask for milk? What are you guys talking about?
Speaker 2: Dam I feel you never read a children's everybody knows that Rode. I mean, there's like thirty five of those books.
Speaker 1: I mean milk and cookies. I get that part, but are we talking about like three blind mice? What mouse brands? I'm buying it on Amazon right now, Red Chee? Is it the mouse? The cook Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do it?
Speaker 1: Little? What book is this? Hell? What book is that? No?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 1: I mean either that's the name. Shane. You played well today? You played well. You didn't You didn't embarrass yourself, And that's what I was prepared to like send you away with like Shane, you embarrassed yourself, but you didn't. You did? Good man. I hope you play again. All right, I appreciate it. All right. Now, I'm not sure about your play. Norm It was a fresh fish. Why didn't you destroy him? Yeah?
Speaker 5: No, one.
Speaker 1: Had to go back and thinking about my early child. Third, give him mouse a cookie?
Speaker 3: Everybody knows everyone, Yeah, everybody knew.
Speaker 1: Really did Shane though? Now he does? All right, that's a T shirt for norm and that's an invitation to come back tomorrow and play for game five. Well done, Normy.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 2: The rod Ryan Show, Good Mornings on.
Speaker 1: Bus or five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's show on this Tattooesday. Welcome back from the long weekend. Palm roach. Ninety chance of thunderstorms, yeah, kind of nasty today, thirty percent chance tonight mostly cloudy, and again there just could be chances like all throughout the day. But right now I know you guys get rained down. Please be careful out there on the roads. Highs today of around eighty nine and Norm is continuing his winning ways. Man nice games, a fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Here's your current champion. Good morning everybody.
Speaker 7: This is Norm.
Speaker 1: You're fresh out of bed head to head four day champion. So what's the story of Shane the pain you ask?
Speaker 7: Well, boy called in the game toy means Norman boy craps the bed.
Speaker 1: But you know what, that's just the way of life.
Speaker 4: So Joemy. On Wednesdays, I go for win number five and into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 1: Listen, that guy, he just goes off on his own. I don't have to feed him any lines. He comes prepared with his victory speeches. I love it. I love its job easy all right, Well, I can't wait to be here tomorrow morning. See if Norm pokes it through and gets into the Hall of Fame for the second time. Only Norm's been killing has the big names man, So Metallica tickets are coming up. That's a really really big deal. Metallica, Pantera, su Subtle Tendencies, June fourteenth, Energy Stadium.
Speaker 11: Here.
Speaker 1: Let me lay out the weekend for you. Oh gosh, Friday, Ditch Day, Saturday, Metallica, Sunday, Father's Day. Pretty nice weekend, hell, I got a little I got a pretty nice weekend plan for you. This sounds pretty awesome. Yeah, it is so fun. Fact flashback will be Metallica tickets. But I brought us some new stuff for you.
Speaker 5: It's stuff fuck back to the Day.
Speaker 1: We make you look smart here, buddies, it's the fuck back to the Day now. I got this late last night from Michelle mcveen, and I sent it over to the research department and it came back. Hey, man, look up your own stuff. So I didn't. Chili was busy putting up six picks. So I want this to be true. I just don't know. I just don't know if it's true or not happy to be here, but I'm gonna trust Michelle. Michelle wouldn't lie to me. I just thought it was so interesting. Okay, So Michelle sent me a bunch of fun facts. But this one really stood out, she said, brother Rob. When you see a statue of a person on a horse, everyone has seen a statue person on a horse. Check it out. If the horse is this true?
Speaker 2: I've heard this.
Speaker 1: Yes. If the horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. If the horse has one front leg in the air, the person died as a result of wounds received in battle. And if the horse is standing on all four legs, the person died of natural causes. Now you said you've heard this, I've heard.
Speaker 3: I don't do you think this information? I'm gonna go yeah, sure, why not? Why would you lie about that?
Speaker 1: Is that really cool?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: What's the horse in that square in New Orleans? Jackson Jackson Square? Jackson Square? And how did he die? I don't know how he died. But the two legs are in the air. So if this this is true, then who was the one leg in the air. Both front legs in the air, the person died in battle. Did Andrew Jackson die in battle? I don't know.
Speaker 4: I was having the Sam Houston one in the museum districts by that fountain.
Speaker 1: On one leg up did not die in battle? I know that died as a result of wounds received in battle. I don't know. This could be Michelle. It's awfully specific to be fake. Michelle. You're either a hero or a zero today I have we haven't determined yet. I'm gonna say hero. I'm going hero too with Michelle's females. My research department completely denied me this morning. University of Oklahoma, their dining hall is home to the only and this is how they word it, the all you care to eat Chick fil A in the world. That is yeah, it's the only one in their dining hall, all you care to eat, So basically what we would say, all you can eat, all you can Eatlly. Finally, Alex, there hasn't been an NFL game with the final score of seven to nothing in over forty years. The last time was December fourth, nineteen eighty three, when the Patriots beat the Saints seven to nothing.
Speaker 5: That's me.
Speaker 1: It seems like a pretty common score now because that no way plays defense is seven to nothing.
Speaker 5: All right, it's the fuck that to the day we make you look smart in your body. It's the fuck that to the day.
Speaker 1: MO got any tickets? I got the tickets.
Speaker 3: Raw Metallica sold out an argy Father's Day weekend?
Speaker 2: Do you know you want to be there? But do you listen to the show?
Speaker 1: Oh boy, Now, I'm not going to make you give me the date, but it's a significant day. But it is tricky. The record for the most flowers sold in a single day? Careful how you answer this one? What day was it? I'll accept the event, but it's got to be specific to the day of the event. I'm giving you all the clues. I want you to be at Metallica. What's the record for the most flowers sold in a single day? Seven one, three, two, two, nine, four five. It's now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash. Okay, there you are. It's a tricky question because I think you got it wrong. Will according to your be totally exact? Yes? Yeah, okay. How do you do on Wall Street? Like Friday? Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Like for Friday? Yeah, give a little back. On Friday, the Dow was down two hundred and fifty six points. Kick off this morning at forty one, six hundred and three NASDAK down one hundred and eighty eight to eighteen thousand, seven thirty seven benchmark ten. Your treasury is trading at a four point four to six percent and oils fans at sixty one dollars sixty two cents a barrel. Two of the most actives the big studs Nike, Murky and Amazon. The big duds United Health for Horizon and Home Depot. On the economic calendar this morning, we'll get numbers on durable goods orders for April right now, futures looking pretty good. They're on the epside. Hanging on to this would be a pause opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 10: I'm out here. This is Halan, manager, director with the Raymond James Porty for the orod Ryne Show from Raymond James On saying, Philip and Augustin and don't forget to ways a rock out with your stock out.
Speaker 6: Amiens expressed are those of Hellland and not necessarily those of Raymond James and Associates. Income Ever, NYC, as IBC, I ART Radio or its sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. If there's no insurance transmission, we'll continue. If this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end if this program is are educational and informational services on meet the studs and duds are based on movement. As reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 1: Good Morning, rod Ryan Show Hi, who's on the phone?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Sam? How are you today? I'll go Sam, I'm not trying to trick you. I'm not. I want you to win today. I want you to win, but I need a correct answer from you though. So how is your day so far? I'm still in bed. Okay, Well, let me let me give you the proper intros the record for the most flowers sold in a single day. If you want to bust out the date, that's fine, But just what's your answer.
Speaker 7: The day after Elvis Presley got.
Speaker 1: Did you say the day after Elvis died? Yes, you're going to Metallica? Right. I really wasn't trying to I really wasn't trying to trick you guys after a long weekend. But I thought for sure somebody was going to say, oh, when Elvis died, I was not going to give that person tickets.
Speaker 2: Kind of a technicality of these are very big tickets.
Speaker 1: Didn't We kind of run that by Hal when we did the fun fact and he said, oh, when Elvis died. Yeah, around there, but what's specifically you got it? Dude? The day after Elvis passed away August seventeenth, nineteen seventy seven, the record for the most flowers sold in a single day. Where's he going? Metallica?
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 5: I rot it?
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, who are you going to take with you to this concert?
Speaker 2: It's Father's Day weekend.
Speaker 8: I don't go follow this son.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, have you ever seen Metallica? Ing?
Speaker 8: No, I haven't sold.
Speaker 2: Out, Energy said him.
Speaker 1: Sold out.
Speaker 2: You're gonna be there, friend, all right, you just jumped out of bed so fast.
Speaker 1: Sam. Congratulations, dude, I'm happy for you, Thank you, thank you. How many of you listening would have gotten that wrong and said, oh the day Elvis died? Probably me and I just I realized. I'm like, oh, there'll be a jerk rod. It's a long weekend. Don't them trip them? Trip them up on a question?
Speaker 2: Their Metallica tickets wrap?
Speaker 1: Okay? Chili says, we have Metallica tickets every day this week. So if he's put them in, if he put them in home room, I'm guessing. I don't know. I don't even know what that guy's gonna do. My guess is Metallica tickets at seven twenty tomorrow, okay, and we'll move them around and we'll give everybody a chance the four hours of the show. I would say maybe eight twenty on Thursday and know the show on Friday. That's my guess right now. But I'm not telling the man what to do. I tried that already. I tried to get him a fact check that thing, and he's like, no, I'm not doing that. I don't know that the fun fact about the horses is correct. I got a couple of emails here. I didn't have time to get to all of them. But people are finding some things that might not be right about that. I was so confident, show what are you doing today? Why shall send me that fun pat?
Speaker 2: It's something like that, right, like if I'm wining in.
Speaker 3: A certain way, I've east west.
Speaker 2: Like something about statues.
Speaker 1: Or horses get a ninety percent chance of thunderstorms today hinds up around eighty nine mo. Here's his headlines. What you got?
Speaker 2: Three more recas, two of them were here.
Speaker 3: You know, we're very invested in the New Orleans jail break that is now in Dale eleven ten guys escape from jail, and now we only have two left on the run. But my question is why were two of the three caught yesterday in Huntsville?
Speaker 5: Why would you go there?
Speaker 3: According to the Deputy US Marshall, Texas DPS arrested them off Highway one ninety and Geneva Road, which is like four minutes from the Huntsville prison. Authorities had been working all day long on leads and tips that they were in the area. Then DPS noticed the vehicle, tried to initiate a traffic stop, and the.
Speaker 2: Chase was on.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine like getting out of jail and you're running, you finally just get far enough away. Okay, guys, where do you want to go? And one guy says, you know, I've always wanted to see Attica. Why don't we just go check out that prison?
Speaker 4: It might be an alpha brain kind of move right there, because like, where's the last place you're gonna check is the jail. You'd think they'd get as far away from that as possible. It didn't work out in this case.
Speaker 1: No one's going to look for Yeah, no one's gonna look for first there a famous jail. Oops. They do.
Speaker 3: There's a twenty thousand dollars reward per inmate for tips on the following or the two.
Speaker 1: That are left. Sam Houston has a great campus. Goodbye check Goodbye he Hey.
Speaker 3: Overnight storms across the Houston area lit up the sky with a powerful lightning show.
Speaker 2: It was incredible.
Speaker 3: The storms also cause damage, mostly on the north side, like the Conroe. Montgomery area hit the hardest. As far as power. The Center Point Outage Tracker is reporting more than eighty seven thousand folks in.
Speaker 2: The dark this morning.
Speaker 3: Most of the rain has moved offshore for today, but still plenty of rain in the forecast for the next few days.
Speaker 2: Fifty percent showers.
Speaker 3: For Wednesday and Thursday, after a busy holiday weekend. A new survey claims the perfect vacation lasts eleven days, is three hours from home and costs eight eight hundred dollars per person.
Speaker 1: I don't think I've ever taken an eleven day vacation never. No, I mean I don't think I've ever taken off.
Speaker 2: More than a one and that much money.
Speaker 1: What eleven day vacation time frame?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: I you know when you go on five days and you're like, wow, I could really use one more day or two more days.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I understand it. It's brilliant, But I just don't have one of those cool sales jobs where I can just kind of like pretend that I'm out making calls and I'm still on the beach, have one of those gigs.
Speaker 2: And three hours from home?
Speaker 3: Is that a three hour flight or like three hours physically from your house?
Speaker 2: Like, are we going to corpus Christy?
Speaker 1: I can tell you when you're growing up in Buffalo, you need to be more than three hours from there to feel relaxed. It's a wild service.
Speaker 3: It's got to be a flight eleven days, three hours from home and eight eight hundred dollars per person. Hey, Alex, have you heard the latest from your girl? Jordan Hudson Jo dons she keeps sparking Bill Belichick engagement rumors, and over the weekend she was in an airport wearing a diamond ring on that finger.
Speaker 2: Of course people are looking for that.
Speaker 1: She's playing every bud or body you don't know you were.
Speaker 3: The same ring publicly in New York City in April. And we're adding these sightings to the fact that she told one person and that one person told The New York Times that she was engaged. Also, we saw that Bill Belichick could changed the name of his boat to a It's just like.
Speaker 2: All these things.
Speaker 3: No one is commenting as far as Jordan or mister Belichick to confirm anything, but they like being in the news.
Speaker 1: I saw too over the weekend a picture of her and another old guy. She dated another old guy in his sixties before. She has a type, she's dated the dude in his sixties before.
Speaker 3: Or she has daddy issues. What's going on with this girl?
Speaker 1: I don't know what's going on with Billy Joel. I saw Billie Sack. I kept hearing his name over the weekend, but I don't know what's com dates.
Speaker 3: Over the weekend, he announced the cancelization of all of his future shows.
Speaker 2: Oh no, yeah, it's the brain disorder.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: He said he was sincerely sorry to disappoint his audience, thanked everyone for his understanding, but his team said his condition had gotten worse because of recent performances. So he's working with doctors to just make sure that he's focused on getting better. He's been having issues with hearing, vision balance, and of course you.
Speaker 2: Can't perform when you're feeling that way.
Speaker 3: He's fully committed to prioritizing his health and we've all got his back.
Speaker 2: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: I'm not take it Alex And the NBA Playoffs.
Speaker 4: The Thunder govern the Timberwolves last night one twenty eight to one twenty six in Game four of the Western Conference Finals. Thunder lead that series three games to one. Now and the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Hurricanes avoided being swept. They shout out the Panthers three to nothing in Game four of the Eastern Conference Finals. In baseball, the Ashers had a day off yesterday. Tonight they're going to open up a two game series with the Athletics. Hunter Brown will be in the map for this. Drows going up against the A's JP France. First pitches at seventen and you can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety as well as News Radio seven forty k TIH. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: Houston's rock and alternatives.
Speaker 6: The Rod Rast The Morning Show six to ten AM, four or five Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz Good Morning Rod Ryan Show at Nirvana Lithium seven oh five, Raining nasty, kind of skanky weather outside, thunderstorms, ninety percent chance high today of around eighty nine. Please be careful out on the road. So okay, everybody's coming off of a four day some of you four day bender, if you will. People are still a little groggy. I was. I was useless on Sunday after Buzzfest. Man, it's not it's you want to see somebody work. Let's let's get a camera on my sister on the line at GM making the engines. That's work. To me, there's something and I'm not swinging a hammer all day. There's just something about Saturday that's exhausting. It's fun, You're just you're switched on the whole day. Yes, it's like your wedding.
Speaker 2: Reception, all your favorite people in one place.
Speaker 1: You just got that dopey smile on your face the whole time, and you're running around saying hi to everybody, and then the next thing you know, it's over with. And that's kind of like Buzzfest for us. It's like our wedding reception. We love all of you, We're trying to get around to say hi to everybody. It goes by so quick, and you know, a couple of you know, beers in between, and you got that the adrenaline and everything, and man, come Sunday, people are saying you haven't anybody over, You got any anything on the grill.
Speaker 3: Like, no, nothing, don't talk to me, don't look at me, not if I'm responding to.
Speaker 1: You down my street okay, No one's allot at my house on Sunday. We just chilled. I was exhausted. Yeah, I really was. Mo that was your first buzzfest.
Speaker 3: It was.
Speaker 1: Something that I wanted to bring up. You know, it took me. I don't know. First of all, October was great, okay, and I got a lot of just in time. I mean when we got there, I saw Justin saying sitting in the seats with nobody. The doors weren't open yet. He was out there with his kids. Got to see Ryan as well from the band, So got a lot of justin time talk to him. Then we got to interview him. He was hanging out beforehand. You know, he spent a lot of time. You know, he spent a lot of time with my kid. So sweet.
Speaker 3: That's my first time meeting him. But you had said wonderful things about them, and.
Speaker 1: I told you I said, I was excited and then and then I realized it probably took me about fifteen years to get my first justin shout out. You know, like when blocked over is on stage at a concert. You've been here three weeks and he mentioned you on stage and I'm like, wtf she just got here. He's like, yeah, I'm with Thank Ellion and Ron Ryan and Mo. And I'm like, wait, Mo, wait a minute, No, you're thanking Mo Justin. You just met her? Why is she getting a shout out on stage? We hit it off. I look over you, I'm like, what are you who doing? Why is he talking about you on stage? Yeah, it took me fifteen years. Everyone liked that girl.
Speaker 2: He was so nice, cool. It was really cool fan forever.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at your six picks. I forgot you had a wedding. You were up in the Woodlands, like all weekend. We wee can God bless America. Who are these gals here?
Speaker 3: Those are my friends? He had a wedding on Friday night.
Speaker 1: Okay, it was a lot.
Speaker 3: So we went out hard on Friday, Like I left the show, drove to the Woodlands on Friday, and so that you know, that's just a long day after doing the show in the morning and having something at night. Well, yeah, exhausted, Chilli. Fridays go, Chili does nothing on Friday.
Speaker 1: What had happened was, well, the problem is sometimes he does drink on Fridays, but then he just it just destroys us all idea. All right, well, you girls look very pretty. Thank you.
Speaker 2: It's a very fun wedding.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're partying on Friday, and then I'm going through Now I haven't talked to Chili yet except for him saying he's not doing fact checking for me. Chili, is everybody six picks up? I'm highlighting Mo's right now, But does everybody got their six picks into you and stuff that? Everything go? Okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Everything. So also there's a Buzz recap page and then there's the is.
Speaker 1: That where Eli's video is, Yeah, it's it's up there. And then Eli had has a great video of recap of everything.
Speaker 8: So there are Victor Penny's pictures are on that blog page.
Speaker 1: And then so that's the Buzz recap, but it's on.
Speaker 8: Our block on links and guests also, so you can go there to both.
Speaker 1: So here's what Chili has for you, Chili, you sound a little rough. I was. Did you hear me though, Dude, I I want to talk. I want to talk more about it later. But I was so happy for you. You were interviewing pod and it was just like a bunch of dudes just sitting around and having a good time. I loved it so much.
Speaker 8: Appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I stood there and I just I had a dopey smile on my face. I'm like, there, look at my boys killing I love I loved it all right. So anyways, I have six picks. These are separate blog pages. I have six picks Chili Alex. Then there's a buzz Cap. There's a Buzzfest recap page that's got a million pictures on it, and then there's most six picks. And there you are with London. And I want to say, I don't know. I didn't know that you did this or coordinated it. But one of the times we went on stage, you took London on stage with you and then you had London introduce me.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that was like a spur of the moment thing. We didn't coordinate anything. She's just so good.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you were doing that. I'm just like, there goes my kid like out on stage.
Speaker 2: Didn't melt your heart. It was so great.
Speaker 1: I'm hoping that somebody has video of that. Oh yeah, of London introducing me up on stage. So there's you in London hanging out. And then I have a rule. What's that I will not and listen ask me no matter where, almost, no matter where I'm at, asked me to take the picture. You come up to me if I'm eating or something, that's okay, we'll get it afterwards. But I mean, you know, we ran around. That's our job. Let's let's hang out. Let's take pictures with everybody. Yeah, no bathroom pictures for me, Okay. I had a couple of guys asked me, and it's like, I don't know if there's a dog out somewhere in the background. I don't know what's going on behind me. So I do not take pictures in the bathroom. Apparently you don't have that role. I don't have that role. There's you and the gals.
Speaker 2: We did a meet and greet in the restaurant.
Speaker 1: Picture after picture.
Speaker 2: There were no dongs in my restroom.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but what if there's like a cupcake out or something.
Speaker 3: Nope, we have lots of plenty of privacy in the women's restroom.
Speaker 1: Okay, a full lounge. Okay, so there's a bathroom selfie, lots of them, yes, very good. Jamie and Ashley with an eye. And then you and Hal, yes, hanging out. My gosh. Hal's a veteran, a buzzfest. He knows his way around.
Speaker 2: Would show me the ropes.
Speaker 1: And then there's you and I us. Okay, that's a great picture. There's you and Sonny from Pod and he's got his astron it. Chilly would know this because he's he's all things Pod. Was Sonny at the Astros game the day before? I think I heard that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, he was there on Friday night. All right, well actually the whole group was there.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well son he's got the astro jersey on. You saw him.
Speaker 2: Backstage, yeah, and I was like cool jersey yep.
Speaker 1: And then there's you know, Gunner. I know Gunner Okay. Gunner is like one of my faves. Gunner runs all the Creek groups. So when we do stuff at Onion Creek and Cactus Coved and stuff, Gunner is the guy that puts all that together. So there's you and Gunner, and then you and Camillo Solo was great, dude, I love him. Then you with the.
Speaker 2: Neutral ladies keeping us hydrated, and.
Speaker 1: Then you have more than six picks, I do. I tried to submit one of the six picks and Chili just cut me off at six. I just uploaded my own so he would.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then you had a relaxing day on the farm. Yeah. Afterwards, just chilling with the kids and the cows.
Speaker 2: The cows.
Speaker 1: Okay, great pictures.
Speaker 2: Thanks, It was a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Was there one particular highlight? Was there something that you walked away from going, Okay, I'm not going to forget this. Did you see Marilyn Manson?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: You watched Marilyn Manson?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Bits of it? Yeah, yeah, thoughts, it was.
Speaker 2: My first time.
Speaker 1: It was my friend.
Speaker 3: He's an entertainer. Yeah, and his fans are very loyal.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, and they dress up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: You can you can tell who's there to see Maryland.
Speaker 4: There was that guy we talked before we walked in and we were like, dude, how long did it take you to put all that paint on it? And I was like, it's gonna come off right, And he was like, I don't know what might in Amash.
Speaker 1: I saw him at the end of the night. I was still perfectly intact.
Speaker 2: Yeah, get quite the setting spread.
Speaker 1: You proved me wrong, Buddy six picks everywhere and there's a buzz best Recap page and thank you all and hashtag best listeners in the World. I have a video I'm I'm gonna work out on the break. I have a video that I took with Marilyn Manson. It's a thirty second video. I'm gonna put it on our Instagram and I'm going to just say it's worth it to watch it till the end. It's thirty seconds long, but I was a victim. I will work on that in the break and I'll let you know when that gets up on our Instagram. At Rod Ryan's show, we'll come back. We've got tickets. Speaking of Marilyn Manson, he's got a new song with the band Falling in Reverse. They announced the show late last week and the tickets went on sale immediately on Friday, So tickets are on sale. We have tickets. We'll talk about Falling in Reverse after this Rock and Alternative The Rod Ryan Morning.
Speaker 6: Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. It's gonna take me all morning to go through all these Busfest pictures, so many. It's great though, I mean, it's awesome. What a great recap. And if it sounds like like we're rubbing it in your faces if you didn't go, we are. Yeah, sure we should have been there. We are.
Speaker 2: You missed out.
Speaker 1: It was such a great day. It was hot, but I didn't find it to be unbearable. Now I wasn't up on the lawn the whole time either, but I did, but we did spend some time on the lawn. It was it was very warm up there. I don't know why you guys just didn't get underneath that tree. Okay, there's no tree up there, so there is. What was up with the umbrellas? Were they renting those?
Speaker 11: So?
Speaker 1: Confused? Did people bring I didn't ask questions I want to get me neither. Umbrellas were definitely on that list that you posted mo of things that you can and cannot bring. That was on the list of things you cannot bring. And it was a million umbrellas up there. Hey, whatever, that's good. Probably say it. Probably say I know it helped. I'm sure it saved a lot of people. Just the recap, the pictures, all of our six picks are experiences of being up there with hanging with you guys. Uh. It's really really fun for us to kind of go and look back and rub it in your face. They didn't go. I get it. If you had to work, then I feel bad at rubbing it in your face. But anyone that just missed out and just did make five tickets, yeah, yeah, that's on you.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What's trending over there, alex Well, six picks is trending about mostic picks, Rod six picks, Chillaise six picks, my six pick.
Speaker 1: People are taking a look at them and taking me first picture you get throw them all because they're not just six pictures. A lot of us attached to more than six. Yeah, I did feel but there was a couple of cool stories that I want to share a lot of good stuff. Some of the people that sent me pictures that I got to meet up on the hill and stuff like wild Bill. You know about him, No tell me back in the day we signed his arm Oh okay, I saw the picture of that of a picture that on the Buzz Festival, and he went out and got it tattooed. Yeah, he's got Dinah tattooed on his arm, get tattooed on his arm. I say, yeah, you did, Doug Jessica Jessica Doug all tattooed on his arm. I wrote my name like John Hancock huge, that's really cool on his bicep. And he went and got it tattooed. I haven't seen wild Bill in forever. And then when I when I said, you're wild Bill, you should have seen the people around me, your wild Bill? Where have you been Momas? She's like, what, everybody knows this wild Bill guy for some reason.
Speaker 4: So everybody's over at the World Finished Road Rancher to the Buzz dot com as well as while you're there, to stop by because the people are also checking out tattooesday beck On Lynn, submitted to us by listener Anthony M. She's pretty awesome, so go take a look at her if you haven't yet.
Speaker 1: And then Mary lou Retten is also trending.
Speaker 4: Former Olympian former Olympic gymnasts was arrested for a d u I in West Virginia, and that's what people are talking about But that's what's trending, and I hope by the buzz.
Speaker 1: So much going on, but the band Falling in Reverse right now? So much going on? Modd know who this band was a week ago? Yes? And then and then Ronnie Radkey was implicated. I don't know if yea, but Tommy Lee having a fallout with his wife, his wife getting catfished by somebody saying they were Ronnie Radkey. Ronnie Radkey is the guy that's falling in Reverse. It's him, it's his band, it's him. So he made headlines with that's there's a million other things going on. Then he's got a new song out with Marilyn Manson on the song. And then they announced a tour. And they don't do this whole like we're gonna put tickets on sale next week. They just they announced and they and the tickets go on sale. And I saw Falling in Reverse last time last year sold out the Woodlands crap Falling in Reverse. I'm a believer. It took me going to the live show to say I am an absolute believer. This guy, like Marilyn Anson, just an unbelievable entertainer. Okay, he's got the videos playing behind him. He's going through all the songs of his career. Falling in reverse is the real deal. They're playing August fourteenth at the Woodlands. Like I said, they announced tickets are on sale. There are still a handful of tickets remaining, but I have a pair right now. I'll take Caller number ten. We'll take it easy on you. I know everybody had a long weekend, all right, Caller number ten seven one three, two one two five nine four five, UH is going to see Ronnie. Here's a puddle of mud and blurry. Ninety four to five The Buzz, ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan's show. Be careful out there. I know you guys are dealing with those pesky thunderstorms this morning. Just be safe. I know not one of you will leave early, but give yourself five extra minutes. Not one of you will do that. Give yourself five extra minutes. Okay, get in the car a little early today. Okay, it's kind of nasty out there. Mose very busy with these uh with these rec checks this morning. Let me go over to the phones here. Good morning, Yes, sir, well, Hello, Hi? Who's this John Bowman?
Speaker 4: Hi?
Speaker 1: John? How was your weekend? Hey, it was a great. Buzzfest. Was awesome you went to Buzzfest. You're so smart. What was your favorite did you have like one favorite moment? I always love seeing Manson. I love seeing Marilyn Manson. So you've seen him a couple of times. It was a third time to see I'll be I actually met you the last log. He was there. Oh, opening up for five finger? Yes, sir, very good. Well listen John, the good times keep rolling, dude. I'm gonna give you a pair of tickets. Moe, what do you go for him?
Speaker 2: You want to go see Falling in Reverse? John?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, always a good show.
Speaker 2: They're gonna beat the Woodlands. August fourteenth.
Speaker 3: Tickets just went on sale ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 2: Don't miss out, John, You'll be their friend.
Speaker 1: Wait to go, Bro, Thank you, thank you. That's good for John.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 1: Awesome he's a rocker. Awesome birthday show. Oh it's your birthday when that show's what twenty? Good for you?
Speaker 2: Perfect?
Speaker 1: All right? John, Thank you, Bro, and thank you thanks for coming to Buzzfast. Where were you were you up on the lawn you had seats. I was up in the long front row. I was there like ten o'clock in the morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, I can tell you're a pro. You're a professional. There's no doubt about that. All right, John, thank you, dude, have a great day. Thank you. Coming off of a long weekend, you know, everything about Buzzfest was my favorite. Okay, Like if I think about I do this with with my daughter all the time. Okay, what's what you know? The highs and the lows? What's your favorite thing? What was the favorite thing? What was your favorite? We always do that, like she likes to rate everything, Like, okay, at a ten, Dan, what do you think, Marilyn Manson, what do you think of him? I'd be like, I don't care what I've seen him before. What did you think? She's like, he's kind of scary, but I give him an eight. You would think that, you know, coming back from this weekend, what's your favorite part of the weekend? And so many great memories from Buzzfest. But I got to tell you on Sunday, we just got up and we walked and went and got breakfast. Me my girlfriend in London, and we're coming back from breakfast and we come across the guy. There's a World War two music, a world War Two monument in the Heights on Heights Boulevard and eleventh and there's a guy standing there with a trumpet. And I'm like, okay, I'm walking by. He's by himself. Yeah, and he's at the World War Two monument. So I go over and ask him. I'm like, hey, how you doing. He's like, okay, I go Can I ask what you're doing? He goes, well, at eleven o'clock, I'm going to play taps?
Speaker 2: What just by himself? Just out there.
Speaker 1: He's out there by himself. Huh. I said, can we stay? He's like, I would love that. My goodness, I just got goosebumps, I said. He goes, I would love for you to stay. He said, last year there was a big crowd. We do this every year, he said, last year there was a big crowd, there was TV cameras. He's there by himself.
Speaker 2: Oh, it wasn't like a thing.
Speaker 1: He's there and he's still going to do it though, to pay respect on Memorial Day. So you know, I don't say anything about me. I'm just I'm interested in him, okay, mister Leo Hernandez. And now people are telling me that he's he's a band director at a middle school, I believe, and I'm looking at Caleb Jordan and says, Leo, mister Leo is one of the greatest. He's my band teacher from clear Lake Christian School, class of nine. He said, thank you so much, mister Leo, and thank you for posting. Mister Rod. He's with Houston Brass Band and I tagged them at Houston Brass Band and I'm just walking by and he said, well, I'm getting ready to do it. I need to do it at eleven o'clock. I'm like, I go, can I would you mind if I filmed me? He said, He goes, I would like that. He goes, would you send me a copy of it? And I said absolutely I will. So I recorded him performing taps at eleven o'clock and it's just me, my girlfriend and my daughter were standing there teary eyed. Oh yeah, and he's performing taps brilliantly at eleven o'clock exactly, and he let me film it and I shared it with him and he's like, thank you so much. And I didn't say anything. I just said I just said I'm going to put this out there, and I said, I hope to get a couple of eyes on it, and thank you for letting us share this moment with you, and we went on our way.
Speaker 2: How wild that you were just right there at that time.
Speaker 1: I sent him. I sent him immediately. I sent him the video and he thanked me. He's like, man, thank you so much for the pictures and the video. And I put it up on our Instagram, and it's just it's so great. I forgot that our Instagram also links to our Facebook page, and people know this guy, they know this guy, and it's just one of those things that I couldn't have planned out. Of course, Buzzfest was amazing and all these great memories. But the greatest thing that happened to me this weekend was walking by and seeing this dude performed taps at eleven o'clock at the World War Two monument in.
Speaker 3: The Heights right on that this weekend. That was such an important weekend.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what. You'll get a little choked up watching this. Yeah, you'll get a little choked up watching this. I have it on our Instagram. At rod Ryan's show. Now, a much different video went up on our Instagram, My video of Marilyn Manson, very different it's thirty seconds long. It's me filming Marilyn Manson when I should have been paying attention, and we talk about assholes and concerts with their phones on them, and guess what I paid the price did. That's all I'm gonna say. I have a thirty second video of where I should have had my phone in my pocket and I should have just been watching the show. But oh no, we're expected to go take a bunch of pictures and videos and share with you our experience while we're at Buzzfast. I paid the price, you all. I'm sitting here, I am thinking I'm doing the station a favor making a nice video, and then where and I didn't see it coming. That's It's amazing. That's it. I'm gonna make you all go to our Instagram and go check out two very very different videos, but two very important videos to watch this morning at Rod Ryan's show, The Rod.
Speaker 6: Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five The buzz.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, I took one in the face. Alex put that drop in there, but it's very very appropriate. Ninety four and five The Buzz I posted my my Marilyn Manson video is now up on our Instagram. And if you're checking it out and laughing at me, fine, I deserve it with you. I deserve it. There's a couple of very important videos, but lots of buzzfest recap too at rod Ryan show us out there, all of our six picks. It's running on a loop right here on my computer. Manson video. I deserved it. Lots of pictures. Chile has six picks up from Mo, myself, Chile, Alex and then there's a whole separate recap page. And I want to thank Victor Pana who's been coming out and shooting for us for years. And then Eli always takes pictures and makes great videos of our events. This is the first time he's ever had like a photo credential, and he was running around and he put together He's just a maven at putting together these videos. And he made a great, great video, kind of like a great just recap him like from people standing in line through Marilyn Manson Manson. No photographers were they were all kicked out of the little photo pit area. Manson had a lot of rules. I didn't see him, yeah, And it was funny. All the bands were kind of talking about him too. All the bands they didn't mind, because you know, you know, you meet somebody in a band, you don't want to talk about another band with them.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 1: But I'm backstage with the Sleep Theory guys, and I said, so have you seen Marilyn Manson. They're like, no, have you? Well, they're asking me, like no, have you I'm like no, I go. I don't think he's here until four thirty and then he's going to get on his little bus over there, and then everybody had to clear out for him. He had a lot of rules. You know, I can't tell you that if you look at my pictures. He had a little in the backstage area. He had like a makeup a makeup mirror station, and he had a director's chair that said Marilyn Manson on it. My kid was standing next to that, is clo. That's as close as we got to Marylyn Manson. Right, seen his little makeup, Yeah, a little section, yeah, yeah. So just yeah, we're all just floating after Buzzfest, and we've got all the in the videos to prove it at the Buzz dot Com.
Speaker 12: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning rod Ryan Show. It's all Time low and Black Bear with Monsters. It's Tattoesday. I gotta keep kicking myself, like, hey dude, it's already Tuesday, So Tatoesday is our Instagram feature. Everyone's looking at all the Buzzfest recap pictures. Everybody on the show has their six picks in and you can go check those out. Then there's a separate Buzzfest recap page. I think there's a couple important videos that you need to see on our Instagram at rod Ryan Show. Two very very different videos, but I think equally important, though. You need to go check that out Instagram. You should be following us and checking some of that stuff out and commenting at rod Ryan Show. Thunderstorms. Yeah, ninety percent chance with thunderstorms today. Hi's up around eighty nine.
Speaker 2: Good morning, mo, Good morning.
Speaker 1: We started out with the Nola t ooh, and there's only the Nolo two. That's right.
Speaker 3: Three more were caught yesterday, and two of them were here in freaking Texas. You know, we're invested in the New Orleans jail break that is now on day eleven, ten guys escaped, two left on the run. But why were they in Huntsville yesterday? The Deputy US Marshall said Texas DPS arrested them off Highway one ninety and Geneva Road, which is only four minutes from the Huntsville prison. Authorities had been working all day long on leads and tips that the guys were in the area. Then DPS noticed the vehicle, tried to initiate a traffic stop. A chase ensued, with resulting in a crash. We do have a twenty thousand dollars reward per inmate for tips for the last two standing guys.
Speaker 1: Where do you think they are Mexico? Yeah, but we thought they'd all be in Mexicano.
Speaker 3: I did not last place on my bucket or bingo card, which would be Huntsville.
Speaker 1: Like after they escape, you asked me, do you think they're headed Grandma's house, Canada in New Orleans?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: And then the other one yesterday was in Baton Rouge. Like, couldn't have gotten further than that.
Speaker 1: Not all criminals, not all criminals are smart.
Speaker 2: I would go not biness hey.
Speaker 3: Russia launched its biggest drun attack on Ukraine over the weekend, the largest in the over three year war. President Donald Trump called the Russian president absolutely crazy for the strikes, saying he's needlessly killing a lot of people and warns that trying to take all of Ukraine could lead to Russia's downfall. Hey, today's National Sunscreen Day, and I'm sure there's some people out there that are wishing they had known this or thought about this over their long weekend. You gotta wear sunscreen, y'all. So with National Sunscreen Day came a survey. Thirty six percent of people would be cool lathering up a stranger on the beach.
Speaker 1: I mean, Pam Anderson depends on Pam anders want to be just walked up to you.
Speaker 2: You didn't know the person and they said, hey, can you help me?
Speaker 1: I would help. It's very I don't want someone to bear it's awkward to say no. It's very intimate. It's very very intimate.
Speaker 2: How did you get out of that though?
Speaker 1: Just run away? I'm like, just go to the next person, weirdo. I'm busy.
Speaker 2: I got seated on my hands, Like what do you do?
Speaker 1: I wouldn't do it?
Speaker 2: You'd just say no.
Speaker 1: I would no. I'm in the majority. You said thirty six percent would I'm in the majority that wouldn't.
Speaker 3: I think I would feel like guilted into it. I would be awkward and not know how to get out of it. You you have to live with thought that the resid of your life.
Speaker 1: What about some guy that's like a silver backed gorilla. Ha's got hair all over him and he wants you to put sunscreen all over his hairy bag. You can be saving a life.
Speaker 3: Would I just say no and then deal with it for the rest of the day, you'd be sitting next to me.
Speaker 1: On the beach. I would treat it like a panhandler.
Speaker 2: Move along, anyway, Moving on?
Speaker 3: Hey, well, wishes continue to Russian for the Duck Dynasty. Patriarch Phil Robertson passed away on Sunday after a battle with Alzheimer's and a blood disorder.
Speaker 2: He was seventy nine.
Speaker 3: We all know the family because of their hunting company turned reality show that premiered in twenty twelve ran for eleven seasons. Well, then this morning, Rod dropped a culture bomb on me and.
Speaker 1: Told me something I did. I didn't know this. I think everybody but you knew this. But go ahead, there might be one other person that doesn't know this.
Speaker 2: This is going to shock you.
Speaker 3: If you didn't know Phil Robertson was the quarterback at Luisiana Tech in the late sixties. He quit because he needed more time to hunt. The backup that took Phil Spot was Terry freakin Bradshaw.
Speaker 2: I didn't run. I never watched the show. I don't know if they talked about it on the show. I didn't know this.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to take my back on myself back to twenty years ago when I heard this for the first time.
Speaker 3: Stop when I was obviously living under a rock, and I.
Speaker 1: Was shocked the first time I heard it, but it was fifteen years No.
Speaker 3: Me this morning falling to the ground, like, Hey, they do have a new reality TV show that comes out on Sunday, which is kind of wild timing wise. Duck Dynasty the revival will be on A and E. All right, let's talk about the food one. They've got another show in the books.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we knew about the f one show in Singapore. And then there's a second show where Indonesia. Okay, and they've got strict roles over there about like public.
Speaker 2: Appearances, obscenities, obscenities.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they don't like you swearing over there.
Speaker 3: It's a majority Muslim country and so the food Fighters are going to go ahead and say they'd like permission to swear, smoke, and drink while they're there. The show's promoter is claiming that as long as it doesn't touch like sensitive topics like race, religion, culture, that it's allowed. But if they violate one of these laws, they could get a fine, they could get years in prison.
Speaker 2: So the food Fighters are like, can we get ahead of this?
Speaker 1: No cussing? What do you have a date on this show? Is it anywhere in there?
Speaker 2: Probably somewhere.
Speaker 9: I'm just wondering, Summer, who's playing drums? It is Summer, by the way, machine who's playing the drums? We don't know yet, And we got to play this whole game again. Who do you think is going to be the drummer?
Speaker 1: You know, because we need a countdown. They fired Josh Freeze, so we don't know who's gonna get Ringos Kid to do it? Yes, free Well, yeah, the who fired him for the tenth time.
Speaker 4: Half the drummers right now out there are free That's true.
Speaker 2: Those are Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Take it, Alex.
Speaker 4: In the NBA playoffs, the Thunder got by the Timberwolves one twenty eight to one. Twenty six in Game four of the Western Conference Finals. Over in the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Hurricanes of what it being swept. They shout out the Panthers three to nothing in Game four of the Eastern Conference Finals. And in baseball, the Astros had the day off yesterday. Tonight they're going to open up a two game series with the Athletics. Hunter Brown will be on the mount for the Strows, going up against the a's JP France first pitches at seventeen. You can listen to the game on our sister station's Sports Talk seven.
Speaker 1: To ninety and News Radio seven forty kt oh Rah. That is what's going on in Sports.
Speaker 12: Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety five The Buzz. Good Morning, Ron Ryan's Show, part of the show Stato seven. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Yeah, we're dealing with a little weather. Woke me up one time last night. My kid, I talked to her this morning, she slept through it. Did you guys get woken up? Was it was it that loud that does that wake you up?
Speaker 2: It was super loud for some reason.
Speaker 1: It did wake me up.
Speaker 2: But everyone else slept through it, the dog, the kids, thank god, Oh.
Speaker 1: My dog did not sleep in bed. Then I woke up with our lights flicker and because we lost power.
Speaker 4: You lost power lost power a little after one, and I didn't have it. My wife just text me, we still don't have it right now.
Speaker 1: Oh, are we supposed to be doing like an update on how many people are without power? Tracker? That stinks. I'm sorry, guys. I didn't even think about those of you that are dealing with no power this morning. That blows. I'm sorry. I hate to hear that.
Speaker 2: They're working on it. But it's still seventy six thousand.
Speaker 1: Okay, thunderstorms expected throughout the day. Then tonight's going to tape her off to a thirty percent chance. Tonight mostly cloudy and isolated thunderstorm, but it is going to be kind of skanky all throughout the day obviously. You know, we're talking so much about Buzzfest this morning, and I had mentioned it, if I can, if I can say hi to my friend Chile over there, who I think had a day. I think he had a good day. I want to set it up. We have some duties out at Buzzfest. Not hard but we got to be you know, interviews be over here, there, be over here there at certain times and and things. And for whatever reason, I couldn't get over to Pod when they started performing. Okay, I'm standing there, Jessica, who was on the show. You got a chance to bet Jessica?
Speaker 2: I did her Sweet Family?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you boys, Yeah, Milton and Olan.
Speaker 4: We're running around and Milton looks the coolest in that rod Ryan bucket hat out of anybody like Milton is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, her husband mat rod Ryan Shobucket had. Yeah, he's the coolest. So I must be standing near Jessica. And we were over near where the autograph where our broadcast booth was, and you know, Jessica was the air and everybody wanted to see her because she worked here for some years. And I'm hearing POD and I'm like, I'm staying with Jessica, And I said, do you hear that?
Speaker 4: Do you? Did?
Speaker 1: They open with boom am? I missing boom am? I missing my favorite POD song? Who opens with boom?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They did it. They wanted to come out on stage and punch everybody in the face. It's my favorite POD song. Jessica looks at me. She said, Oh, I thought I'd had some time and there's no way I'm going to miss this song. I thought they would like backload this, maybe even close with it. They opened with it. Chilli, the biggest Pod fan out of all of us here, Bro, I just sat there and I watched in amazement as you were interviewing Pod. It was like watching when when when I watched London Walk for the first time, I had the same look on my face when I was watching you interview. And he's going total long form Joe Rogan Putt podcast style. They're just sitting around talking. It wasn't an interview. It was three guys just talking music and it was so relaxed. I enjoyed it so much. Chili, I appreciate that. Does the video exist somewhere? I mean, was Robert filming? I know that John Johnny from the booth Pimps was spending all the great tunes in between, and I mean we had microphones in our hands. Did it go somewhere?
Speaker 8: I have no idea somebody recorded it or not, but I hope they did.
Speaker 1: It goes for all the interviews, Huh, like that microphone? Where did it go? I heard myself through the speakers. Was it just for the people there?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I want I want you to have that interview forever. It was so good. Tell me about meeting those guys. I know you've met them before, but tell me about talking to them.
Speaker 8: First of all, I was geeked out, you know, because I was, well. Usually my bus first duties are just show up and go in the beginning one to ride Ryan's show gets introduced, and then at the end of at night, So that's my bus faz duties like usually, and most of the time I'm drinking and taking pictures with the listeners.
Speaker 1: Most of the time you're drive, yes, but most of the time, all the time you're.
Speaker 8: Yeah, this bus face. I had to work, well.
Speaker 1: Can I can I back up for a second. Yeah. When I looked at the little Q sheet that we all had that I was the only one that printed it out, I printed out.
Speaker 8: I I printed it out and hinded it to you all on Friday.
Speaker 1: True, so I carried it. I had my copy with me. It said you and Teresa were going to be doing it. When I saw you alone going solo with Pod, I looked at Teresa and I said, everything good, she goes. I wanted him to do it, you know, like that was cool that she kind of stepped aside and let you do it. Because you guys were supposed to tag team that one.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we were supposed to that one in the chevel and I ended up missing the Chevelle.
Speaker 1: Oh you just okay? Well because back to the drinking things, yeah, buzz yeah.
Speaker 8: So you know, I showed up a little early, you know, to see how everything was going to be. Yeah, and then all of a sudden, I just see them coming, the golf cart approaching, bringing them over, and I was like, oh crap, this is really happening. I started getting nervous because I was like, oh, man, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 8: I hope I don't mess this up.
Speaker 1: And so who was up there with you?
Speaker 8: Sonny and Sonny and Tray Trag the bass player.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and uh so yeah. The other thing I was I was giggling with you being up there interviewing them, and I can't wait. We got to find this interview. I don't know where it lives. But I walked away and I was talking to somebody and I taking a few pictures and I walked back. You were still up there. It was the longest interview. It was the longest interview. That's why I said. He he was going completely long form. Didn't care. He's like, I'm getting my time with POD. I'm making these guys stay up here for a while. He talked to them for a while.
Speaker 8: I kept looking at their manager and I kept looking at their their manager to see if he was gonna be like, hey, cut it on it, you know. Yeah, and he was laughing he was like enjoying it too. So I was like, Okay, I'm gonna ask another question.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 8: Uh So I just really talked to him from my experience how I was first introduced to them, you know. So I was like, man, back in my day, you wouldn't see that many hispanics on MTV, especially rock band, you know. And then I told him, I was like, you would see Cypress Hill and the Linquin habits. That's about it. I was like, but whenever y'all came out, and then I saw y'all on MTV cribs, and that's all it took.
Speaker 1: They were solving all the world's problems during this interview. Yeah, they were clearing up everything.
Speaker 8: As soon as I asked him about I said the coolest thing I saw on MTV Cribs is when they threw the faheat of meat to the second floor of your house and you caught it. I he started like he couldn't wait, Sonny couldn't wait to tell me the story. So he was like MTV Cribs approached us and said, hey, do y'all want to be on MTV Cribs. And he's like, dude, we don't have like million dollar houses like y'all feature. We still live in the hood, you know, and their parents and everything. And then they were like, no, that's perfect. And then he was like all right. So it was just damn you know, and he was just like, bro. After that, you start seeing a lot of more people in their hood, in the neighborhoods and everything doing their they felt more comfortable and he was like, yeah, man, it was like we just got to stay real to ourselves. And asked him, you know, where was there. You know, it was just like I was robbed dogg in the interview to begin with.
Speaker 4: But.
Speaker 1: It was fun. By the time I get over there, Uh, they're doing Southtown and they're just they're killing it. You know, they're talking to everybody from the South and they're introducing the band, and then they ended with I think Youth of the Nation, and they just turned in a set where POD always gets that slot where they're still playing during the day and a little earlier than they probably want to, but always saying, hey, we should be much later. And they're playing like that, like they're playing like, hey, I'm gonna show these younger guys. You know how we've been doing it for twenty twenty five years now, so and they brought it.
Speaker 8: They were good man, yeah, because he was sunny said during the interview, he was like, you know, our sex forty five minutes. I would have loved if it would have been longer, but that's all they gave us. So we're gonna rocket. And then I'm it's funny because I'm looking at Mundo in the front row and Mundo I gotta give him press for this because he was wearing his WWE wrestling belt, wristwatch or whatever, and he just points that pointed at it to me and I remember I was like, hey, dude, y'all did a ride. I was like, y'all did write me stereos intro right, and he was like yeah, he said, man, I was like, how did that come about it? And he was like we went to high school together.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 8: He was like he was like two years above us, and you know, but we always like known him and.
Speaker 1: He approached us and we were like, all right, cool, you gotta find that interview.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's got out there somewhere.
Speaker 1: Bobby jokes, has it somebody recorded?
Speaker 8: Oh no, bring it down a nudge, bring it down a nudge.
Speaker 1: I heard Marilyn manson. That's the only interview he would do is if Chili did it. But they couldn't find Chili. So that's why no interview with Mason.
Speaker 8: I would have bred the same wearing with the face paint and everything.
Speaker 1: Well, Chili six, picker up, Chili, great job. We'll find that interview. We gotta find it for sure. But pod Man turned in another just unbelievable set. They never let us down, ever, ever, ever let us down. Lots of pictures, lots of videos, lots of stuff for you. It's all online on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com.
Speaker 12: Houston's Alternative and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back, everybody. Rod Ryan's Show eight twenty five. Ooh, we got some great concert tickets coming your way. Most getting ready to give you those to sit tight, don't go anywhere. Pesky thunderstorms throughout the day. Yeah, and that's kind of gonna be on and off like old day today. Careful lot on the roads, please, Alex. Where your six picture up? On links and guests? They are? What about the picture that I like so much about baby l though? Is that just on your personal She is on there? She's on your six picture? Okay, so good that picture your mom'sok that? Yeah? Thanks, it's super memorial date out red white and blue flags yet an eagle with her.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think your kids ever looked cuter. So that's on your six picks. Okay for the check that out all links and guests. But what's trending? Buzzfest is trending.
Speaker 4: People are checking out our Buzzfest blog page today.
Speaker 5: What you like?
Speaker 1: You don't really need to do anything else entertainment wise.
Speaker 4: You go to the World Times ran show page, you got one hundred and six picks pages to go look at you. If you look at the Buzzfest blog, you got the Instagram feature of the day you set.
Speaker 1: You don't need any other sort of entertainment at all, great pictures from Victor. Eli took great pictures and Eli put together that awesome video for us that's on the recap page, all right, and the center point outage is trending.
Speaker 4: A lot of people are searching that because they, like myself, they also may have lost power over the night with these storms not looking great for hurricane season.
Speaker 1: If it's just a little rain storm causing these adages.
Speaker 4: And then Jose Grenon Grian I'm hoping how gri Jose Grinon is trending because the former Houston Fox twenty six anchor has passed away at the age of seventy two, and people are are talking about their memories of him. But yeah, rest in peace, Jose Grignon, And that is just training on ninety five the bus.
Speaker 1: I met him at least once, I want to say twice. Oh yeah, some Telethoni type thing back in the day. I don't know. He was a really nice guy. Seemed like a cool dude. He was a super super nice guy. Have you met him before?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was always all over the community doing good stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that was there was a shock. And then just me not being in the note, has he been off the television.
Speaker 10: For a year.
Speaker 2: Minute, I wouldn't say years.
Speaker 1: Not that long, No, not that long. Okay, all right, well, yeah, sad news. Let's give us some good news. You got some tickets I do. What do you go?
Speaker 2: How about the show Summer of Loud Tour twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: I want to hear you talk about all these bands. Okay, I'm ready.
Speaker 3: I Prevail, Bear Tooth, Kill, Switch, Engage, and Parkway Drive.
Speaker 2: There's also a whole bunch of other ones. The Devil, wors Prada, the Ambit.
Speaker 3: They Affliction, the Alpha Wolf, how they do is new one.
Speaker 1: Weird one that's hard to say, or you got it.
Speaker 2: It probably just nailed it and you needn't even notice.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah.
Speaker 3: June twenty eighth, The Woodlands Pavilion tickets on sale now ticketmaster dot com or call er ten right now is getting hooked up seven one three two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 1: This is by far the best deal, I mean, the with the the amount of bands that you're getting to go see. This is like your best value of the summer, the Summer of Loud Tour. So, like she said, call her ten. Good luck.
Speaker 6: The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, The.
Speaker 1: Bus ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning, rod Ryan's show. That's Giovanni and the Hired Guns. There is other things on links and guests besides Buzz's Best pictures.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, I didn't even notice the Looking.
Speaker 1: At Girls blog page. If you want to see Shakiro wipeout on stage? What time is that? Do you laugh at that stuff? Or do you feel bad for the performer? Or does it? Is it based on the performer a lot of factors? Was she okay, she's fine?
Speaker 2: Did she laugh about it?
Speaker 1: Mmm? You know? Yeah? No, no, No, I don't think. I don't think she wanted to everybody.
Speaker 2: It's all about how you react as the performer.
Speaker 1: But she got up pretty quick. Oh, Moe's never taken the psycho test. What's that the video of the fat kid in the sling shot?
Speaker 3: Oh no?
Speaker 1: Do you generally laugh at other people's misery?
Speaker 2: Not necessarily?
Speaker 1: Okay, This might have to be like some after the show activities to see if you're how I react, to see if you're a psycho or not.
Speaker 2: Oh I am.
Speaker 1: There's this chubby kid that's in the like I call it a slingshot where they pull it back and then they it goes up in the air and they just kind of bounce up and down and he feels like he's going to be falling out, okay, and he's like, Jannis Janis, I'm gonna die, Jannis, I'm falling. I'm falling. I'm gonna fall. And I determine whether or not you're a psychopath if you laugh at it or I can't wait. It's a good tell. I feel like I am the fat kid. I have a lot of empathy. I'm like, I feel bad for that guy. He looks like a little Ralphie may Right. And Dinah used to laugh for laugher boobs off at that, and I said, you're a psychopath.
Speaker 5: That's awesome.
Speaker 1: All right, We're gonna have to do this anyway, if you're interested in seeing Shakiro wipe out. For some reason, they made such a big deal of this Britney Spears story. She lit up a cigarette on an airplane. Cigarettes, but it was a chartered plane. I thought, that's why you have a chartered plane so you can smoke on it. It wasn't a private plane. There's a I guess there's a difference between a chartered plane and.
Speaker 3: A private there are probably other people on it that weren't with her.
Speaker 1: Yes, OK, so I don't know why she I'm sure she's got the money for her own plane, but she's on this chartered plane and the I guess they have flight attendants. They made kind of a big deal of her getting scolded, so much so that she had to talk to the authorities after she got off the plane.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she like put out her response to it.
Speaker 1: Of course, and it's Britney Spears, so of course it's going to make, you know, big news, right, you know, if she farts on a plane, it's going to be the headline of TMZ. But she's still making those weird spastic dance videos. She's got some stuff going on, so she's on looking at girls. So I was just saying, there's other things to look at on the I.
Speaker 2: Look at those things the blog page.
Speaker 1: Thanks, you know, there's other things. Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's calling us here? Daniel? Hi, Daniel? How how are you pretty dangerous?
Speaker 5: Sir?
Speaker 1: You call her number ten? Daniel? Yes hoo, come up, Daniel.
Speaker 2: I'm are you ready for the Summer of Loud Tour twenty twenty five?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm so ready for I'm so ready.
Speaker 3: June twenty eighth and The Woodlands, I prevail, Bear Tooth, Kill, Switch Engage and Parkway Drive and Daniel, congrats from Daniel.
Speaker 1: You are the best. Thank y'all, thank you. I'm going to find out how old Daniel is. Daniel, give me, I don't say anything. Have you seen the movie Jaws? Yes you have. Now we're gonna we're gonna find out if Daniel's old. Okay, did you see it in theaters? Negative? They say, negative? Yati, Okay, so I did. So you're you're forty years old? Yes, I'm good at this game. I'm insanely going. Ryan, you know how good I am at this game? Okay, all right, enough of you, Daniel, you're too young, ingrats, all right, I'm old balls, all right. Jaws is celebrating. It's fiftieth of our ursary. Okay. They've been celebrating in Martha's Vineyard where it was filmed. They've had like all these big celebrations, and there's a lot of like fiftieth anniversary stuff out there. And I'm thinking, Okay, we got fresh meat on the show, like I can tell all these old like tired Rod Ryan stories that like Mo hasn't heard yet because you were busy on another morning show, you were hearing me at all. Yeah, my dad took me to go see Jaws. I'm four years old, four, not even five yet. Came out in nineteen seventy five.
Speaker 2: You were barely allowed in a movie theater when you're four.
Speaker 1: It was a different time. So, you know, I got this silly little brother, that Randy Ryan, So he's you know three. No, my parents, so my parents split up. No, no, they split us up. Eventually, my parents did split Gody, that's another story. Okay, So my mom took my sister to go see Jaws, and then the next day my dad took me to go see Jaws. Okay, I'm four and a couple of months old. Okay, every time we're in the theater, every time I heard dad, I gotta go to the potty. I went to the bathroom thirteen times if I went once. Yeah, No, Okay, we get home. My dad comes in, slams the door. Goddamn kid went to the bathroom the whole movie. I didn't see any of it. My dad was so mad that we went to the He had to take me to the bathroom I'm four and a half years old. He's got to take me to the potty each time. I'm like, Dad, i gotta go again. I get My dad was getting so frustrated. We almost left the theater, like, just let's just go home. He was so mad, but we stayed for the whole movie. We saw maybe half of it you're four, because I was in the bathroom most of it. But yeah, fifty years there's not now. Of course i've seen it since I did. I barely saw it when I was but we were so afraid. We had an eighteen foot rusted out above ground swimming pool in our backyard and we didn't swim in at that summer. We wouldn't go in it. And my dad's like, listen, that shark was twenty five feet. That's an eighteen foot pool, you idiot, Get in there or I'm tearing it down. We didn't want to take We didn't want to take bad. Yeah, but I'm trying to think, if you guys there's no other movie, what else would you guys have as a comparable?
Speaker 2: It would be Titanic.
Speaker 1: It was so impactful on my life. Did that do that for you? Yeah?
Speaker 7: It was.
Speaker 1: Me and I just see the eye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not getting on a cruise ship because of Titanic.
Speaker 1: But it was just like the band Kiss. I was afraid of them, like I was, really, I was scarroused. I was so afraid. I remember, like I remember like Kiss, I was scared. I thought that Jean Simmons was so scary to me, was like, oh my god, he's so scary. But I was obsessed with Jaws. I mean, everybody. It was the biggest movie in the world, right, you know, and it really started the summer blockbuster. So it was right around it was before Memorial Day when it came out fifty years ago, and I just remember it being the biggest thing in the world. And you know, we didn't have the Internet. Things weren't viral. But I just remember you couldn't turn on the television without a news story about sharks or whatever. And I just I was there for everything. I did a project at school where we made like a cart. We had to have a cardboard box and we cut out it was like a TV and we had a scroll a paper school yes, and I told the story of Jows. I got blood everywhere. I got these I got these people getting eat their sharks and everything.
Speaker 2: Your dad changed you for the better.
Speaker 1: And you know at school they thought I was like your son, a little excessive on the blood. On that historically accurate Happy fiftyth anniversary of Joss. You saw the movie? Yes or no? Please tell me us no? Why would she? You've never seen Joss ever, then you obviously don't know about this for christ Tomorrow's the Fall of July. It means nothing to you, nothing, nothing at all, damn it. No, Titanic was big for you.
Speaker 2: I saw Titanic probably like eight times in the theater.
Speaker 1: So so that was your young mo obsession.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all the kids were doing it.
Speaker 1: But who took you to the theater?
Speaker 2: Nobody?
Speaker 1: You dropped us off. Okay, so you were just old enough to be there by and you saw eight times, you think movie with boobs in it.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know there were boobs in it?
Speaker 1: Really were boobs in Like? That's not what I saw. That's what you saw.
Speaker 2: We saw different movies.
Speaker 1: Draw me like one of your friends. That was not a big deal.
Speaker 4: I don't know the biggest part of the movie it was, I would say it was you had to see.
Speaker 1: That he could draw.
Speaker 2: I have it on BHS or when.
Speaker 1: He's banging it in the back of the Model T when yeah, when he gus a real man makes his own luck. He's given it to her good suits eight times. That's sweat on the window. You've only seen like six movies. You have to like memorize some of those. One I saw, I can't wait to get in the backseat of a car bang me like one of your French girls. Jack Oh, it changed all right, Well, we had different experiences. Although although the opening scene of Jaws that chick does, all you see is a silhouette, but you can kind of think that might be my first It might be my first jellybean of seeing like a girl's boob when you were four and you can kind of see the outline of a nip, like is that a nip? Like it was just just that's how you needed. It was a silhouette and I became a man. Became a man that day. Boobs and death. Oh yeah, okay, guys, Joss Chos, Happy Birthday, ho Ho's Alternative and Ryan Morning.
Speaker 11: All right, Juice ninety four or five, the buzz bad omens with just pretend Good morning rod Ryan's show.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Thank you, thank you for having us on. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. We still have ooh, alternative income is over. We told you that though. So now we got a great prize for you local. We'll get your calling in most got bring me the Horizon tickets at the Toyota Center September twenty sixth, So she's gonna give you those at around nine ten. We're gonna leave you with mud Veins Static X. That's a rocker that show October thirteenth. So we got some great tickets coming up for you. If you haven't made your way over to links and guests yet, please we have all of our six picks up Chili working overtime today. He's not easing into anything. He had to walk in to mo me his Alex's six picks. Then there's a whole Buzzfest recap page, and then then the looking at girls, then the tattooesday. Then Billy took it easy. I don't know. I don't think I sent him a food blog page or I took it easy on him today because he was getting too much up there. All right, are you ready? We got one final? You got one more in your hair? I do Morning Rod FORRNY Houston's headlines.
Speaker 3: Please, three more were caught and two of them were here. You know, we're invested in the New Orleans jail break that is now on Dale eleven. Ten guys escaped from the jail and now we only have two left on the run.
Speaker 2: But my question, why were two.
Speaker 3: Of the three caught yesterday in Huntsville.
Speaker 1: There's a I mean a well known prison prison city.
Speaker 4: There is a fantastic campus at Harvard and Southeast Texas's maybe they were just checking out the beautiful campus.
Speaker 1: Is the university?
Speaker 4: Have an awesome statue there, mister Hamberger's there, there's a Chili's there.
Speaker 1: There's a great chilli ever went on with my wife? Is that that chill? Yeah? Wow, we want to see that.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, I don't have anything else to talk about. No, they were like four minutes from the prison. Authorities have been looking all day based on tips, found the guys chasing food, resulting in a car crash. Cottom So we've got two more guys on the run. Twenty thousand reward per inmate for tips. Let us know where you see them all right. Overnight storms across the Houston area lit up the sky with a powerful lightning show. The storms caused some damage, mostly on the north side, like conraor Montgomery area getting.
Speaker 2: Hit the hardest. As far as power, it.
Speaker 3: Looks like the Centerpoint trackers reporting still more than seventy thousand customers.
Speaker 1: In the dark.
Speaker 3: Alex, I don't know if you've checked on your family, but it doesn't look good still out.
Speaker 1: This is one of those mornings. I look at Voodoo and I said, you know, boxers were fighting dogs. I said, you're all descended from wolves. I opened the door, I'm like, go potty. She's like, I'm not going over there. I'm not going out there is not a fan, flat out not going out there. Now. I gotta get out the leash. I got to put on my raincoat, drag me, and I got to go stand out there while she decides to take her time to whiz and poop.
Speaker 3: And fifty chance for showers Wednesday and Thursday. So sorry bout ya. So we should be out of the nasty life for today. We're out of the nasty stuff today.
Speaker 1: It looks like if we're going to get a shot at some rain, it's going to crank up at about six six seven o'clock. We have enough, it comes back.
Speaker 2: What about think about our dogs? We do need the rain.
Speaker 1: I know we had, we already got it done. Stock Hey.
Speaker 3: After a busy holiday weekend, a new survey claims the perfect vacation okay, eleven days, three hours.
Speaker 2: From home, costing eight dollars per person.
Speaker 4: Alex, I'll say, I'll say it, Alex, I'll take I'll take your line.
Speaker 2: Go ahead.
Speaker 1: What are we talking to millionaires? Who's take it? Eleven days off for vacation.
Speaker 2: That's impressive.
Speaker 1: We are six months salary. I know people like they cap on us all the time about vacations. We don't take eleven days off. No, it's not even I've never even asked for that. Never.
Speaker 2: I can't imagine.
Speaker 1: I've never asked for I need a couple of weeks off, like eight coored, you get bored, you're checking your email.
Speaker 2: I want my ready to go back to work.
Speaker 3: It says that sixty three percent of those people are looking for a beach. Are y'all beach guys? No this, Alex, I know you're a camping guy. You're fifty three percent.
Speaker 1: You are not camping.
Speaker 3: Not Hey, let's talk about something else that Alex loves a lot like camping. Jordan Hudson jordaans she keeps sparking Bill Belichick engagement rumors that.
Speaker 1: They are engaged. I don't know. Why would you wear the ring over the weekend?
Speaker 3: She was wearing a diamond on that finger waiting for a flight in an airport.
Speaker 1: Love have you ever heard of it?
Speaker 11: Guys?
Speaker 1: Okay, hang on. She definitely has worn a couple of Bill's Super Bowl rings she wore on that finger, So I know people freaked out a couple of maybe a month ago. Now this has been going on two prong. I mean, listen up, all down. Ultimately, Bill Belichick, dude, the guy's having fun. The dude is having the affair, and he doesn't look like he has a lot of fun. Correct. So ultimately I'm happy for the old man, I really am. He's got to be having the time of his life with that.
Speaker 2: Otherwise he would have gotten rid of long ago. Right what?
Speaker 1: I also on the flip side, like, is there weird some weird elder abuse thing happening? Like is she holding you? Captain Wine?
Speaker 4: He's a head coach in a major football program. Obviously he's all there.
Speaker 1: I used to think he was fine, that's a fair doing well. I know you follow this stuff. Is there any chance that they're engaged? Is there any chance that fish?
Speaker 2: I think so, you're kidding me. Why did he change the name of his boat?
Speaker 1: You didn't see that.
Speaker 3: So the name of his boat was however many rings he has from Super Bowls? And then he added one to it and he doesn't have another super Bowl rings.
Speaker 1: So everyone's saying that sounds like a BS story. I'm just telling you, that sounds like somebody talking about like how many hogs are on the ground with horse statues. That's accurate malarkey. That doesn't sound like the truth at all. Did he really change the name of his boat? But I feel like you're just hating on love. Rod Gone and Bill are very happy we should them. I'm happy for the old man.
Speaker 3: Big update over the weekend from Billy Joel's camp. They had to announce the cancelation of all of his future shows. It's the stuff going on with his recently diagnosed brain disorder.
Speaker 2: He said he's sincerely sorry to.
Speaker 3: Disappoint his audience, but his team put out a statement saying his condition has just got a lot worse because of recent performances. So he's having all these issues hearing, vision balance, so he's just focused prioritize his health get better.
Speaker 2: It's really sad.
Speaker 1: Have you seen him live?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 2: Yes, I saw him without John life.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, same. Yeah, I'm a way bigger Elton fan. I'm a Billy Joel fan.
Speaker 2: But he's a legend.
Speaker 1: Billy Joel blew him off the stage, the presence, everything about it. Yes, he gets up off the piano, he rocks out, He's got the microphone stand and everything. I'm telling you, I could not believe.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 1: I know they've toured several times, so I don't know if you and I saw the same show. Okay, but Billy Joels Billy Joel blew Elton John off the stage with his presence. I couldn't believe how great he was. I was not expecting that at all.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I want to argue this was that the stadium now mine is a pretty intimate show.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: I like Elton Shawn, but I am wishing Billy Cholphy best.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I saw him at the stadium and Billy Billy by far was way more entertaining. Wild.
Speaker 2: Hey, those are Houston's headline, Well, we.
Speaker 1: Wish him the best, that's for sure, all right, what you got up with there?
Speaker 4: Well, in the NBA playoffs last night, the Thunder got pyetember Wolves one twenty eight to one twenty six in Game four of the Western Conference Finals. And the Stanley Cup Playoffs, the Hurricanes avoided being swept. They shut out the Panthers three to that thing in Game four of the Eastern Conference Finals.
Speaker 1: And in baseball, Astros had the day off yesterday. Tonight they're going to open.
Speaker 4: Up a two game series with the Athletics. Hunter Brown will be on the mound for the shows. He's going to be going against the a's JP France. First pitch is at sevent ten. You can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety as well as News Radio seven forty KTRH. Also, don't think I forgot about racing this weekend, because I'm a big racehead like you guys. Alex p won the five hundred, and by that I mean Alex Palau, I.
Speaker 1: Mean benesovations to him. I really do think you forgot about it. I did not. I watched the end of it. The end of it my guy to Kumo. Sito didn't get done, but Alex done. I think you forgot about racing.
Speaker 4: I watched it and they were showing all of the stadiums that could fit in the infield.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Very the spectacle of racing. Biggest sporting event out there.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: As far as attendance goes.
Speaker 1: This week, it's a big Yeah, it's a big, big venue. Thank you, just go on sports. Thank you, Motorhead, Gearheads and The Rod Ryan Morning Show, The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan's Show, Green Day Long View. Thanks guys for hanging with us. I hope you're off to a great start to your I know it started out a little nasty and rainy out there. It's like most of the nasty stuff is behind us. Still, there's chances thirty up to a forty percent chance of some isolated thunderstorms, mostly cloudy throughout the day. Here, lots to catch up on. I hope you guys had a great weekend. I know not everybody had a long weekend. A lot of you did. I hope it was awesome. You had a little time to get out there party a little bit it's okay. The barbecue and the unofficial official launch of Summer and all of that stuff I told you that I shared with you on our Instagram. At Rod Ryan's show, I had at a great moment where I just I ran into mister Leo Hernandez of the Houston Brass Band and he was performing taps at World War Two monument in the Heights and I just happened to roll up on him when he was getting ready to do it, and I shared that video and that was my moment where you know, I got to sit there and explain to London he doesn't quite understand it, like world War two? Ever heard of a kid? She's like no, Like, well, no big deal. Just America saved the world. Okay, okay you speaking a different language. Have we not won? But it was a great moment and I was able to share that, so I hope you you And the other thing I wanted to mention too was there's got to be half a dozen of you, No more than that. I'll say over ten people that watched Taking Chance, the movie that I recommended that everybody, Yes, I recommend it. I said, it's my absolutely. I did not have time to watch it this weekend. But I've seen it. I've seen it, I don't know eight times, but taking It, Taking Chance is absolutely the greatest if you're looking for something to kind of get what it means Memorial Day, Taking Chance is the greatest movie for that to kind of like set the tone why we have Memorial Day and why we honor those and we should honor those not just on that one day but all the time. But yeah, Buzzfest was it was a highlight for for all of us over the weekend. I'm looking at your six picks, Alex, and uh, you and Mo were locked in. Yeah, you hang out with Mo a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I really got to hang their husband, who I think is way cooler than Mo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is of be best friends. Now, I don't know your husband's cool and he he hooked me up with a Liquid IV. Oh yeah, and I put it in my pocket. And if you don't make I put that thing in my drink on Sunday morning. And I'm like, hey, shout out the most husband. What a god man. I'm feeling better already, So thanks for the thanks for the Liquid IV Bookay to pick him.
Speaker 2: Everyone likes him more than me.
Speaker 1: I still like you. He was very cool, like him, Alex, did you have a highlight from Buzzfest? I thought, Pierre and he was.
Speaker 4: I was really Chili's interview, like you already kind of went over there, just like seeing that, like and I pointed out its like sometimes.
Speaker 1: Scal up with notes. You don't want to look at your notes, but you have notes.
Speaker 4: I was talking to Teresa and Jeremy about that, and I was like, Chili has no notes and Chili is just riffing, and it was.
Speaker 1: It was the most fun pod kicked ass though. They were really cool.
Speaker 4: And then Kenton Place, just seeing seeing how excited those guys were. I did see it in person, but I saw we had posted a video over the weekend of they got to sign their first like that was the first autograph session they really ever had to do, and like they were just so stoked to do it. It made me so happy to see them so happy. So I was gonna say the same thing.
Speaker 1: Their energy was so contagious, and just being around them, you know, people throw around that vibe thing it's almost annoying, but they were a vibe. I'm sorry, I'm gonna use it too.
Speaker 4: I'm gonnaxact you any should be to open up Buzzfest.
Speaker 1: They were so fun to be around, and you couldn't help but smile and be in a better mood being around Kenton Place. Not only did they deserve to be there, but I could just tell that the moment if those guys, if they told me one time, they told me one hundred times, this is the greatest day of our lives. Thank you so much, thank you, y you learned it. But they were so appreciative, and you know I could do say thanks once, that's great, but they were just kept saying, I can't believe this, Rob, thank you so much, thank you so much, thank you, this is the best day of our lives. Randon of the singer's mom. She was just as she was, just as crazy and excited and everything. It was awesome. They were really really fun. They were really really fun. They were so much fun. So we all got our six picks, and Alice has the best pick with his daughter. It always wins. He always wins the weekend with his six picks. I told you that moment I went up on the hill, we were kind of running around up there, and a guy that hasn't been on the radio with us in a long time, but I'm glad he's still hanging. He's at Buzzfest. Ran into wild Bill up on the lawn. And wild Bill was the guy that used to call in a lot. He was playing fresh out of bed and all that. Wild Bill is the guy that came up to us and said, hey, man, I want you to want you to sign my arm and then I'm gonna go get it tattooed. I said no, I said, don't do that. I'm like, no, don't do it. He's like, I really want this. I said, I don't think it's a great idea. He said, just do it. So I signed my name as big as I can on his arm, and then Dinah, Jessica and Doug all signed his arm. And then he got the buzz the buzz tattoo on his arm still there, and I so I've got the picture of wild Bill and then I'm like, look at his arm. Everybody look at So that's on my six picks. And then there's a craig from the lawn. We took him from the lawn and put him in the pit. And then this other one that really really was a great moment for me is and one of my favorite moments was running into Mariah and I just kind of included her emailing and I said I'd let her explain, but she said, she's like, Rob, thank you for inspiring me. I got to meet you when I was fifteen years old and I attended a Buzzfest and we met and she was she said she and I remember her. She was talking to me that she wanted to get into radio broadcasting. And I'll always talk to somebody about that. I'm like, listen, it's tough, but you can do it. If you're awesome, you can do it. If you have to be awesome, you have to kind of break through the static. There's a lot of people that think it's a you know, just I love music. I want to get into radio. It's like, well, you're gonna have to do a lot more than that. So she ends up going to school for audio engineering. I don't know how old she is now, but she sent me the old picture of me meeting her when she's fifteen, all the way on the lawn at Buzzfest. When she's fifteen years old.
Speaker 2: Wait, did you get to recreate it over the weekend?
Speaker 1: This is yes, she's got to be ten, twelve years older and it's her and I. And then she came up to me on the lawn and she explained the story and I said, I promise you, I'm not just saying this. I remember you. And she told me that she's doing some things and she said that the show has been an inspiration to her to kind of get into this. And she took some audio, like I said, some engineering classes and things, and I'll tell you running into her and hearing that, and then I said, please send me the old picture and let's take a new one. Please. So cool, and then she did it. You know how many times I tell people when we take pictures of that, just do me a favor. I don't mind taking the picture with you. Could you send it to me? And I never get it. I never get to see it ever again. And the picture of her as a fifteen year old and me talking to her telling you what it put such a smile on my face. I wanted to put a million pictures up. The assignment was six pictures. We all went over six. So I didn't want to make chilly any matter than he was already going to be this morning, very chilly. But all of our pictures listen, I really enjoy I know I speak for everybody on the show. We really enjoy meeting you. And that's one of the ones where it's like, Okay, we get it. It's our show. I'm we're gonna put ourselves out there. We went up on the hill. We're high five on everybody and talking. Everybody. Got time for pick. Yeah, that one little family that grabbed us. Would you please take a picture of my wife and our kids. He's going, they're just right over here.
Speaker 2: We're just right here.
Speaker 1: They were not just right there. We walked over yonder, We walked over one hundred and fifty thousand people to get over to his family.
Speaker 2: But again, precious family, so appreciative.
Speaker 1: And he sent me the picture of them and the family and everything. It was so great.
Speaker 2: They were great.
Speaker 1: It's really fun for us, guys, it really is. It's fun. Thank you for coming out to our event. Thank you for selling it out.
Speaker 4: And you get you get it sold out, like when I was doing ticket hits and stuff. Yeah, sold out bus best tickets guys, No big deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it just makes you feel like you're you're at the cool place. You know, you're you're at the cool place. You're like this thing that we do. You're at the cool thing that's going on that weekend, and you're in. You're not on the outside, and you know, I can imagine frustration. We're talking about it and gloating about it all morning long. Next time, come to the party. Just be a part, you know, next time, join us? All right, early, all right, do you have some other tickets to give away? Because we're done with alternative incomes, so we're gonna start putting tickets here at nine ten. Well, you're in luck and it's nine fourteen, so.
Speaker 3: I've got a pair of tickets to see. Bring me, bring me the horizon.
Speaker 1: Bring me all the horizons.
Speaker 3: We'll bring emotionless and white. They're going to be at the Toyda Center on September twenty sixth. Tickets on sale tooya center dot com or right now collar ten.
Speaker 1: All right, well you heard her caller ten seven, one, three, two, five, four five.
Speaker 12: Bring up Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative All Day and the rod Ryan Morning Show ninety five the bus.
Speaker 1: H Right, welcome back everybody, rod Ryan's Show. Let's go over to the phones. Good morning, okay, good morning, Hello?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 1: Who's this O? Ho's that? Your caller number ten boomome long boom mo. What are you hooking them up with?
Speaker 3: How about bring me the horizon with motionless and White. They're gonna be at the Twitter Center September twenty sixth. Hose, you're there. If you're not as lucky as Jose, keep listening to the show, we'll probably have more tickets. But they're also on sil letter to center dot com.
Speaker 7: Awesome phones, great, I appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you, Jose, have an awesome day. All right, bro al I like what thank you online? Kid's Elicks Online ninety four five the muzz All right, what you got over there? Hie Wells called Where's this from?
Speaker 4: And you're going to be looking at pictures of different things from different countries and try to guess what countries they are from. Like mo, if I showed you this cat the waves back and forth, where would you say that.
Speaker 1: Was from Hong Kong? Tokyo? Tokyo is Japan?
Speaker 2: I'm guessing one of those closes. I don't know Japan.
Speaker 4: It is from Japan. Very good, thank you, great good recovery. What about this this loaf of bread? Where's that from Jerusalem?
Speaker 3: That's probably is isreal.
Speaker 1: I would go to France. No, because it's bread. It's from France. If it's bread, I was gonna say France. That's exactly why I was right there.
Speaker 2: I was taking a communion.
Speaker 3: This is a certain that Belgium mal mute dog.
Speaker 2: A German shepherd.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a German shepherd. You just what Germany? Yeah? He would say Germany from Germany. Pretty eazy. Go check it out and see if I don't know, you missed two of them. So check it out. Rod Ryan Show page at the Buzz dot com. The rod Ryan Show on ninety five the bus ninety four five The Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan show Lin could park up from the bottom. Happy tattooesday, everybody. Hope you guys had a great long weekend. I forgot hanging out backstage and I was standing next to him for a little bit. He's just like another dad back there, and if he didn't see the set, you could walk right past him and not think much like Okay, just a dad and his son, Dan, the Leafs, lead singer of Evans Blue. He's got such a dad vibe that I looked over at him and he looked at me, and it's like, you know, we had been around for a while, you know, we had interviewed and over to the twenty five years whatever, and he's looking at me and I'm like it was blue. I'm like, cause I didn't see the set. I'm like, Dan, how are you? So we start talking and he's got his son back there, and it's just it was such dad rock vibe. That was just backstage and I'm like, well, that was my seven year old. He's like, what was my ten year old? And we're like hanging out and then he and then I don't know if mo of you were there, but it was when we were kind of you know, we were talking about Marilyn Manson with everybody, and he's like, guess what.
Speaker 2: I saw that?
Speaker 1: My kid's got a picture with me? Like so cool. So Dan is in this established band, Evan's Blue and his highlight. He's out what he's geeking out about as everyone's geeking out over him because he's just standing back there with a baseball cap on, drinking a Michael Little Ultra, you know, and he's got a ten year old kid. Just hey, looks like another dad with his kid out of the park. He's like, let me just show you, and he was proud dad moment whips out his phone. He goes, check it out and it's The Sun Max with Marilyn Manson in.
Speaker 3: The hallways a random wall and the lead singer Evans Blue is so happy.
Speaker 1: He goes, I didn't even get a pick. He goes, that's what you do, and you're gonna you know this, Alex Now, he said, I wanted to pick, but all I wanted to do was get my kid over there to get a picture with Marilyn Manson and Dan's got a picture. So I didn't look at Dan's personal instagram to see. I don't know if he post pictures of his kid or not. But he showed me and he's like yeah. He goes, I threw my kid over there. He's like, my kid doesn't know what's going on, and I go, Max, was that exciting? He goes, yeah, he was kind of scary, but yeah, okay, cool. He's like, someday, he goes, someday our kids will understand that this is really really cool, you know, because London doesn't know. He's like, okay, yeah, it's just dad's at work being dumb on stage. Cool. Yeah, So I just put a picture Dan and I on our Instagram on our story, and he was cool. They've always been cool. Evan's Blue are great. I just don't know what. I think we were up on the lawn. Well, Evan's Blue was on stage. Yeah, I think that's when we were went out those What a mistake that was mentioning that we have pit passes and we're coming up on the lawn.
Speaker 5: I don't know what.
Speaker 1: It was so fun we were up on stage and then we're I can't remember who we're bringing on. I said, Hey, this is MO and we're coming up there and I got pit passes. We're gonna we're gonna get some of you in the pit off the lawn. What a stupid thing to announce as soon as we walked out there, like, hey, Noe, where's I'm like a so everybody that asked them like, oh, Hardy game away, Hardy game away. What a dumb thing to say online? All right. I learned two things over the weekend. One, and I know you will all agree with me. Animal rights people are begging you not to do this. Do not get in on this trend. People are doing the ice bucket challenge with their dogs. Have you seen this. This is horrible. This iseveryody agrees is a terrible thing. Horrible. Okay, it's the bark your Mind challenge, and they're traumatizing these do The setup is always the same. There's a joky voice that's supposed to be your dog listening to other dogs as they nominate Snoopy or Scooby Doo or whatever, and the owner dumps a bucket of water on them and they freak out. This is not good.
Speaker 2: Never would I ever.
Speaker 1: There is a an ice bucket challenge for dogs. Now, don't do it. I'm telling you right now, don't do this. So I saw that and I'm like, oh, okay, that's not good. None of us are doing that. And then I learned about and I just happened to see one little article on it and it was about toxic positivity. What's up? It's that person that I think they mean well, but they're they're the everything happens for a reason person. So let's just say you lose your job and people can just say just be positive, stay positive. And I'm not am I. Everything happens for a reason. Up, it's toxic toxic positivity. I don't know.
Speaker 4: All they ever do is just over the top. Even you're like, no, dude, this isn't good if you if you're just a little sad.
Speaker 1: And then somebody comes up and says, well, you know, happiness is a choice. I would never Oh great, never, So no, that's my fault. Too great, thank you everything. They're guilting you into this and it doesn't help anyone.
Speaker 2: You just learned about this over the weekend. Yeah, toxic positivity.
Speaker 1: I just think it's funny that they put a name to it, like, yeah, it's these things have been around forever, But when I see somebody like that, they put it, now, we have a name for it. And I just think that everyone knows somebody out there that and you don't even feel that they're genuine. You go, girl, wear that suit? Where that bathing?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, you look.
Speaker 1: Don't let me tell you you don't stop it. Toxic positivity, Like, now you can't even do that because you're gonna get called out on it. Don't do the ice bucket challenge, and then don't be overly positive. Now, I guess is that.
Speaker 4: What it is?
Speaker 1: I like problem for me, I like your putty Alex problem. You are not gonna be a problem with either one of us. Ryan sad effects include mood swings, mood Swings, the Bus ninety four five, The Buzz Good morning, rod Ryan's show, System of a Down Aerials. It's rod Ryan's Show nine point thirty seven. Thank you so much for spending some time with us this morning. The website's doing great. Thank you. I appreciate that. A lot of you going and just recapping and looking at all the pictures that we have posted. If you have some great pictures, I know we have a million of them already, but share your pictures with us. I enjoy seeing what your experience was. I mean, here we go, we got most six picks and Alex's six picks, Chili's mind six picks. We want to see what your pictures look like. You don't have to send me six, but you can send me what your experience was. What was Buzzfest like for you? What was your favorite moment? You can email me rout at the buzz dot com. I appreciate it. I like Sanma, how am I post a few too? You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You do com I post a few confirmed. This is I don't know how you take this news. I kind of wear it as a badge of honor. Americans swear the most in the world. In the world, I guess they have bots or something that can do this, but we swear more than any other country. Online researchers analyzed two million web pages from over three hundred and forty thousand websites one point seven billion words. Pretty conclusive study. The US leads all other English speech speaking nations in cussing online, so around one in every three thousand words that we write our curse words. The UK is next, one in every forty two hundred words. Australia came in third. They did the study. They almost seem like they're pissed that they didn't win. Now you're thinking one in three thousand. If you're thinking, well, one in three thousand might not sound like a lot. He doesn't think about all the news sites and other websites that never use swear words. Think about all the websites that don't swear.
Speaker 2: They're hurting our average.
Speaker 1: Yes, the stats for blogs is even like through the roof. Okay, one in every two thousand words in American blogs is a curse word. Won every ten on Alex's Twitter is a curse word? Really yeah, something.
Speaker 2: Like that depends, like hardcore curse words? Is that allowed? Anything goes on the Twitter?
Speaker 4: That?
Speaker 1: Really? Wow, West, I had no idea Twitter is still wild. Huh Yeah, Like there's porn on Twitter?
Speaker 2: Really you can?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're not on Twitter?
Speaker 2: I mean I have one.
Speaker 1: I just don't know. Don't even look. Don't even look, Alex.
Speaker 2: Does your mom know about your ex?
Speaker 1: I'm a grown man. I can do what I want. Your mom would not be happy.
Speaker 4: And she sees it, okay, they she knows what shes curse words?
Speaker 1: What counts is swearing? Well, I think we all know. They had five hundred and ninety seven words that they scanned, including like everything from the everything from the F word to jerk and crap. Yeah, they and they included misspellings and all the things you guys do with the F word and all the fun things you guys.
Speaker 2: Do exclamation points and set yeah yeah, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: So again, I think the the Australian researchers behind the study almost seemed a little angry that they didn't rank first. And they suggested that because they suggested that the results may be different in spoken language and we just seem to type it out more than them. British people curse the and just like when you're him talking, I was gonna say, yeah, that would have been my guest. I was going to say that English would probably spoken word is.
Speaker 4: Like just every other word, and seaword gets thrown out, this sea word gets thrown around so much.
Speaker 2: It's a different world.
Speaker 1: So great. I mean it's awful. I mean it's it's so awful. I don't agree with it. Congratulations, I know you guys would like it. Americans number one. We did it. Guys. Nobody types out, types out swear words more than us. Mo, what haven't we given away? What do we have for the show?
Speaker 3: I have a pair of tickets to see mud Vangcstatic X by Music Center, October thirteenth.
Speaker 1: All right, Mo's gonna work on a question. She'll have it for you on the flip of this break Rock and Alternative The.
Speaker 6: Rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Come on ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome Back rod Ryan Show. Wrapping up a tat Tuesday edition. I got nine fifty one and that means it's time for Mo the show. Mud Veins Static X October thirteenth. Buy you Music Center. You can get your tickets a ticket Master or just win them from MO right now. Uh, jeezus, all we talked about was Buzzfest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was one other thing.
Speaker 1: There was a couple of things, don't We talked about a few other things. You're right, I don't know what you're doing for no the show? But go ahead.
Speaker 3: Who's the backup quarterback for the late Phil Robertson at Louisiana Tech University.
Speaker 1: Everybody but you knew that. We'll see. How did you get this? Seven one three two one two five nine four five? It's called everybody Mow's the show? But exactly, Hey, Alexa play ninety four point five The Buzz and iHeartRadio getting ninety four point five bus station from iHeartRadio The rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, Wake out the Buzz, ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning rod Ryan's Show. Thank you so much for how a song. Kind of rainy and skanky and isolated thunderstorms throughout the day. We might get another round. Nothing as bad as we had last night, but we might get another round, maybe for the drive home. So again, be careful out there on the roads. But not a real pretty looking day. Hi today of around eighty nine. As we get ready to wrap this up, we have a one last pair of tickets to get to. Let's do it. He's now time for I Know This show on ninety four to five The buts La La La La La La La La La La La la la la la la la la la la la la La. Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Hello Chris, how are you excellent man? Welcome into the SHOWMM, it's mo the show. She's got a question for you. It's a layup. Everybody knew this but her.
Speaker 2: Chris.
Speaker 3: Who is the backup quarterback for the late Phil Robertson at Louisiana Tech University.
Speaker 1: You just learned that today, right, No, I could. I couldn't even back you up. Didn't breathe, Chris.
Speaker 3: You're going to see mud Vaine and Static act sit By Music Center.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Awesome.
Speaker 2: I tried. It's the first time.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Chris. I don't know the late sixties Phil Robertson of Duck Dynasty fame, who just passed away. He did on Sunday late quarterback, as you said, for Louisiana Tech University. His backup was a guy by the name of Terry Branshaw. Phil left his starting position because the football schedule was getting in the way of his hunting schedule. Everyone said that Phil could have gone pro, he was that good, but he wanted to hunt. Well, things worked out pretty good for Phil Robertson, Okay, but yeah, he probably could have gone pro, but he was more interested in hunting. And that's how Terry Bradshaw got the spotlight put on him. Now, Terry would have found his way to being Terry Bradshaw, but that put Terry Bradshaw above Phil Robertson, and he became the starter then and then the rest is history with Terry Bradshaw. Both found that out this morning. I'm sorry all that radio time was from everyone else knows. Lady Norm Norms. Norm knew that if you gave a mouse a cookie, he's going to ask for a glass of milk. Norm knew. Rod didn't. I didn't know that you're saying that everybody knew that. It's a book.
Speaker 3: It's a very popular children's book, in fact, a best seller.
Speaker 1: What's the name of the book.
Speaker 2: If you'd give a mouse a cookie.
Speaker 1: That's the name of the book. Is okay, you got a kid if you read that to your kid, not yet. But I remember when I was a kid it was read to me. Okay, thank you, my parent didn't love me.
Speaker 2: I bought it for you. Oh, thank you, You're welcome.
Speaker 1: I love it. Sam was the winner of the Metallica tickets.
Speaker 3: Yes, Sam, he's going to take his son for Father's Day weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So he's got sold out Metallica tickets. Oh are you just hearing for the first time that we're giving away Metallica tickets every day this week? He's Chili still on. Sometimes he's like, hey man, it's ten o'clock. I'm done, Hey, Chili Chili seven twenty. Can't tell people win Metallica tickets that a thumbs up comes up? Yes, seven twenty Tomorrow tomorrow Metallica tickets. We should play a game. I didn't play game today because I figured we'd be talking about Busfest and we want to do a lot of recapping and stuff. We'll play a game tomorrow and we can do something for Metallica tickets. So you're gonna have to earn them. But Sam got in just oh no, Sam earned him today because he got the fun fat flashback. All right, that's it. Go check out all of our Buzzfest stuff. All right, please bring and I would have lost a lot of money, I said. I thought Elliott Radio Wizard was going to send in his picks. He got to go backstage to meet Marilyn Manson. For sure he was gonna rub it in our faces. Or maybe he doesn't know that we know that now he knows that we know that he went back states to meet Marilyn Manson. I was surprised. I thought, for sure he Oh, well, here's my six picks. I met Marilyn Manson. All right, that's it, guys. Stick around. Jeremy's up next non stop noon or pick your tickets with him in the one o'clock hour. Have a great tattooesday. We're back in about twenty hours. We'll do it better, AMR. Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, All the good Stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.