Speaker 1: You are about to witness amazing Amos has coming, living man's property of all time.
Speaker 2: Yes, my bow suck on you bow down to your master.
Speaker 3: Then you did it. Then you did it. There you did.
Speaker 2: Allowed to play, Allowed to play, allowed to nay, come to play the personal Wolf and.
Speaker 4: The sun is rising God, Oh wake up, wake.
Speaker 3: Up now, don't worry. We're all here to show you how.
Speaker 2: Jenno Wiz horses Glass Station, k M mot Home of God. Listens.
Speaker 3: It's a Fami mouy. Don't turn down town tas wait and say are you ready?
Speaker 2: Are you ready? Jo in?
Speaker 3: Time to start to show. Let's kick the c about Presco.
Speaker 2: It's a big man Mary show.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the work in me.
Speaker 2: It's on such a war, kick back, makes up and up in and make it hardcore and you're wisby and then mess picked up your soul deadline. You're on the air time.
Speaker 3: Good morning, It's the Big Mad Morning Show BMMS and whatever you'd like to say to eight two nine four five. Listen online the website that Rocks kmod dot com. Past shows are available on iTunes search under BMMS. Listen with your cell phone. Get the iHeartRadio app, available from the app store of your cell phone provider. More on that at iHeartRadio dot com. And we are on Facebook, Facebook dot com, Slash, BMMS six nine. That's where you can hang out with us each and every day. Lindsey has a sick kit. She won't be here today. Give morning, gimpee, Good morning. Shine Doown's gonna be in town on May twenty. Sorry, Shine Doown's gonna be in Oklahoma City on May twenty third. In state might be a better Not in state.
Speaker 5: Like like a catatonic state.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not in state like state holding. But anyway, they're gonna be at the pay Com Center on May twenty third. ITTs tickets Paycomcenter dot com and you try and win them. At seven thirty, we've got listener yesterday, Today's Wednesday, right, Yes, that's my fault. I'm Ron and I'm Ron Bergundy. If you go. We got fill in the black news. We got our top five songs today, top five line dancing songs from listener. I just want to dance. We'll talk trillers baseball as well. I know some people that were down at the game yesterday and they said it was awesome, and then the game ended, and then chaos and seeing. Yeah, always happens right at pickup time.
Speaker 6: For me.
Speaker 3: It's either in the middle of the night waking me up, or it's right at pickup time, and I try to put errands around pickup time, Go pick up medication, whatever that is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're already on the bount yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, anyway, so we'll talk to Justin about all that. So here's an interesting car question because I came across a new car design that apparently is going to be all the rage. Okay, no rear window, no rear window.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: I could see with modern technology they're using cameras now, and I've seen a lot of cars now where your rear view mirror orar is a monitor, yeah, that the camera runs through and it's everything right there. So I can honestly see why you don't need one, because it's not let me rephrase that, because I still do it. Even though I have a backup camera. Not everybody has to turn around and look behind them when they're backing up or whatever. They just use the camera. I personally don't. It's not that I don't trust it. Maybe it's just because I'm used to it and there is a part of me that doesn't trust what happens when that camera goes out, because technology fails all the time. Your window, short of getting a brick thrown through it will not fail, you know what I mean. So and your eyeballs short of going blind because you drink too much bad moonshine, it's not going to fail you. So for me, it's just like, okay, turn around, look back up.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I It also says, don't rely on the camera, so you should look I agree, But I have driven a U haul right and there's no review and it worked out completely fine. If anything that needs a rip that needs that technology, true, but I still and I back it up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I bet you do, juvenile.
Speaker 5: But they also have those big ass wing mirrors that extend out on a U haul. Yeah, like you don't have that on your Sonata. So this says it's called the Polestar four is the designed vehicle. It removes the rear window entirely and replaces it with cameras and a video rear view mirror, which is what gimp be applied. I think some of the like the Dnali, I think has it I seen a Nissan truck was a Nissan Nissan truck up.
Speaker 7: Yes, that that was such a badass setup in this truck, because not only was it rear view for you know, the cameras for the rear view camera for the hitch, it also had a bird's eye view that like you looked over the entire truck.
Speaker 3: I was like, how the hell does that work? I have that my car has that hats pretty Yeah, it just it uses math and all the cameras around the perimeter of the car to make a mine also can I don't know how it does it. It can see underneath. So when I'm trying to come up to the line or whatever you're racing a lot no the stop line at the light, and when I'm drag racing my third row crossover, this Polestar four looks kind of neat. Yeah, they do acknowledge that this is risky to remove it, but they say it actually works well and modern cars already have kind of poor visibility anyway. I know with my car, if the third seat is up and the head rest are up, there's like a very tiny window that I can see through to the back. But I think it also makes a difference. The big reason they want to remove it aerodynamics. They say it can improve the vehicle dramatically. What's the difference between a piece of glass and a piece of sheet metal? Yeah, great question. Friction. So the glass has to have some sort of ridge or gap and or even a bump seal and the wind would create Okay, but I would think we would be talking seconds, not.
Speaker 5: Are we racing these things? Because how is that going to make a difference in normal, every day commute.
Speaker 3: There are people that do care about aerodynamics. There are people that will buy an aftermarket Finn and put it on their neon. Yes, because you need all that downforce for your ninety six neon. I'm just saying there are people that do believe, they do want aerodynamics, and they do want the most ground pressure possible. I understand, but you're not going fast enough for it to make I don't know why you're bringing that up. That's not what we're talking about.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to find a good picture of the rear end here of these. There we go, all right, it still kind of has one.
Speaker 3: It's more hatchback from what I can see than anything else. So with the hatchbags, you know, it has that small piece of glass, right, and then instead of irregular old deck, litter trunk, it's all just one so it kind of has that. But okay, that's interesting. I mean, if I know the car companies, they're gonna make it. They're gonna make it an option so they can charge you for a long time and then it'll become standard. Like cup holders, right, right, cup holders were an option you had to pay for for a long time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, ac is still an option in some cars. You would really would become standard. But yeah, and it might have changed because it's been fourteen years since I've sold parts for these cars. But the Chevy Aveyo, I would get orders for an air conditioner on that one because it didn't come standard. It was an add on, and I was like, really, first time I ever sold on was really it's an add on?
Speaker 3: Huh, why would anybody want a show that? Okay, yeah, it's an add on because it's designed to be the cheapest car. Yeah, it is a roller skate for those that don't know.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're dinky little cards.
Speaker 5: Yes, the same way like you know, if you uh, like with a smoker's package is what they call it now. Remember back in the day, it came standard with a push lighter and ashtray, out front too, in the back, but now there's no there's no lighter, there's the the the plug is there for you to plug something in phone charger or whatever, but there's no ash tray.
Speaker 3: And if you want that it'll cost you.
Speaker 5: Last time I checked, it was seventy five dollars and it was just one of those cup holder ash trays that you can get it O'Reilly's or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know why they do the lighter button where you have to buy an accessory to put in there to plug your USB or USBC and just put a USB in and let's call it a day. A lot of them now I've done, right, Yeah. Mine mine still has that though too. Yeah, has the round port yeah yeah. And also yeah as the silly as does mine. And it's twenty five. So these are some other design ideas that everybody was wowed by but did not hold. Suicide doors. Suicide doors are so cool, man, it just makes it look cool. Like a buddy of mine, Steve Bank, in high school, he had two mid sixties Lincolns, and one of them, the black one, had the suicide doors. And now, if you know anything about those, those are long boat cars, right, land yachts. Yeah, and it was so cool to roll up in this black Lincoln and those back doors just open records. Yeah, so awesome. The clown industry had to put their foot, their big foot down because hit everybody out at the same time, right, It makes it difficult.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Pop up headlights.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, those were neat looking, but major failure because every one of them, the Firebird, the Corvette popeyed right, yeah.
Speaker 3: One ice maker of cars.
Speaker 5: One pops up, the other one stays down. You're like, okay, the motors go out or whatever it is. Yeah, and you're just walking around like a drunk. You're driving around like you're drunk. You know how you got that one eye closed, one eye open, trying.
Speaker 3: To focus fully. Digital dash buttons, so every button like it was a kit okay big in the eighties. Yes, because it looks so futuristic. Yes, yeah, because you always if you're thinking space travel, there's gotta be a lot of buttons of course, and lights instead of What people don't realize is it's called glass. It's all glass, so it's all screens. It's touch screens. Uh. Column shifters.
Speaker 5: Column shifters like shifting the whole column from one sign no no.
Speaker 3: No, like the shifter was on the column that used to be a thing. Yeah yeah, yeah, but it didn't like people. I guess it didn't last people didn't like it, and it's now almost completely There are some exceptions on the U in the middle or it's a slider on the dash. I know some trucks that have that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, push button was another one that's starting to make a little bit of a comeback, or like to turn the knob that I find is very weird.
Speaker 6: Right, It's like, all right.
Speaker 3: I'm in park and like the knobs go over to to drive or whatever. Okay, wood paneling on cars, because nothing says class like plastic wood. Yeah, let's save that for the interior. Okay, the wood paneling, Yeah it looked fancy. Oh yeah, it did until they started putting it on mini vans. Well, listen, you want to you want to do a movie and be like, we need the car to look eighties, put wood paneling on it. Right, if you think of a lot of those old panel wagons from the fifties and sixties or whatever, I mean, they it was neat at that time, but much like the wood paneling in your Grandma's house. You know what I'm talking. Oh yeah, I can't stand it. No sheet rock, it's just wood. For Mica. The only thing good about wood paneling in a house is it's easy to demo. Absolutely.
Speaker 5: You just rip those panels right off and they make great sleds for when it's snowing.
Speaker 3: Okay, good to know. Swivel seats or something that just was a design idea for cars that did not hold well. They swiveled, But yeah, I I've seen those before.
Speaker 5: I thought that makes it interesting. I never understood the point. So you can turn and have a conversation with the person next to you while you're going down the road.
Speaker 3: No when when for easy exit?
Speaker 5: Okay, I guess that kind of makes sense. I thought it made more sense to have them in the old conversion vans, you know, with the captain's seats in the back and they stool.
Speaker 6: Around because you got all that room for activities.
Speaker 3: These are some other ones that people come down to that because there was one more automatic seat belts. Oh god, the worst shack.
Speaker 5: Dunk and when they went out, they went out the right. It's either stuck back here where it should be, or it's stuck at front, you know, and you're just like and it just gets in the way. I mean, you could disconnect it or whatever.
Speaker 3: But well, and there are so many people that just let that they never did the lap belt right, and so the police like they couldn't tell you look like you had your seatbelt on, but you didn't.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: This says that touchscreen, huge touch screens isn't sticking. Like that's not a big I have a pretty massive touch screen in my it's got to be. It's bigger than a tablet. Okay, I love it. Why Like GPS, it covers the whole thing instead of being a little tiny index card.
Speaker 6: I'll give you that. Mine is.
Speaker 5: I've got an average science touch screen. Okay, you know, it's not a small one, but it gets the job done.
Speaker 3: And I like it. It's got like because I've got.
Speaker 5: The Android auto and then like half of it is my map and the other half of it is music or whatever I'm I'm streaming at that point, and I like it. I like the touch screen. Do I need something that's the size of a small television?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: Not really.
Speaker 5: The only benefit I could see of that is like maybe yes, your map or the backup camera or the cameras because it gives you such a wider range to see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think everything you're saying is not wrong. It's just a preference thing. Yeah, there says they're put putting buttons back on everything. Really to me, here's to me, the cost effectiveness of putting the touch screen in makes more sense because buttons go out and to change one. It's a giant pain in the arts. True, true, true.
Speaker 5: I thought it would be more expensive to have the touch screens just because of the technology as opposed to buttons and leavings.
Speaker 3: It's not an Apple product, you know. I mean, yeah, uh gloss, black interiors, loss like the dash and stuff. Yeah, but the problem, the problem that happened. It looks awesome the first day, but it shows every fingerprint, scratches show up really easy.
Speaker 6: On it, dust and whatnots.
Speaker 5: I do have some gloss trim in my car, in my t Rex, And you're absolutely right.
Speaker 3: That's why I've got a little handheld duster in there. You know that.
Speaker 5: Just I go over it every day every time I'm in there, and I make sure the prints are off the dust desires.
Speaker 3: Ye, it's a giant pain in the ding dong. But it looks good. Uh. Fake exhausts are people putting fake exhausts on cars, so like apparently they're decorative exhaust openings that aren't real just for style.
Speaker 6: That has always been a thing.
Speaker 5: You'll see the square cutouts on the back fascia on the back bumper, right, and it looks like it's square exhaust, but if you look a bit closer, it's just a cutout with some chrome plastic trim around it.
Speaker 6: In your exhaust pipe is just right there.
Speaker 5: It makes it look like it's got a bigger exhaust, but it doesn't.
Speaker 6: It's pretty gey.
Speaker 3: Uh. This is one that apparently everybody's gonna be happy about, and that is automatic stop starts.
Speaker 6: Dude. I hate that.
Speaker 5: I like the fact that I can turn mine on and off right when I start my car. Initially it's on the auto start stop, but there's a button there that allows me to disable it, and I don't have to worry about it again until I go. When I turn a car off and get back in and turn it on, it is so annoying to be at a stoplight and you hit the gas and it starts all over again, and I'm just like, sometimes I forget about it. And I was like, ah, goddamn, I forgot to push the button. It didn't take long for me to remember that I forgot to push the button. Yeah, I hate that feature. I don't see any point in it. They say that it's supposed to conserves, but I don't see how.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I guess in terms of why run the car if you don't need it, Like, you know, people put it in neutral. That was always a thing.
Speaker 6: Try to save gas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so okay, I guess I just don't love the lag right exactly. My wife has a BMW. The lag is crazy, and that car is twenty eighteen. I have a twenty twenty six and it's almost instantaneous.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is so stupid. Take it out of there. We don't need it. Yeah. One thing that I have found. It's been on the internet lately, so take it for what you want. But starting in twenty twenty seven, and this just started popping up in my feeds yesterday, that newer cars in twenty twenty seven is going to have sensors and cameras in it to where it can tell if you are in no condition to drive, be it intoxicated or angry, And what that does the computers, the AI or whatever that's and it's gonna be mandatory, at least from what I've seen and heard that it's gonna be mandatory in every twenty car after twenty twenty seven. And the AI uses the censers and the cameras, and it's constantly watching you and your passengers, and it can tell if you're in any condition to driving, and if you were not, let's just say you are a little tipsy or whatever, you decide to get in it shut your car down completely. You can't go anywhere. Or if you are angry, same thing, you know, shut your car down.
Speaker 3: Oh God, that sounds great. A bunch of cars broken down on just stopped. Think of it like that.
Speaker 5: The other day when I read that story about the lady that fell asleep, got drunk and fell asleep in herself driving tesla, and the tesla didn't recognize what was going on or whatever.
Speaker 6: She had to be alert, so it shut it.
Speaker 5: Down in the middle of the highway, causing a problem.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: So I hear technology like that, and I get where they're going and what they're trying to do. But and we could also save this for tomorrow. The conspiracy behind it. They're constantly watching you. Right, My car has some of that technology already.
Speaker 3: If I am not, it tells me when I'm not looking at the car at the towards the right, towards.
Speaker 6: The right, eyes aren't on the road. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if I put my hand up on top of the steering wheel, you know, like right g right on, it'll it'll make an alert saying it can't see me and I have like it'll give me so many warnings and then it'll say, hey, if you don't, I need you have so I have to move my arm once in a while.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 5: So it's almost forcing you to keep it at ten and two or at least at nine.
Speaker 3: I just can't block the sensor, essentially, I think, is what it is. Okay, interesting because you're not supposed to do ten and two anymore either, by the way, for those it all know, okay, because the air bag wouldn't if you get people were getting broken arms and stuff from the where are you supposed to hold it now?
Speaker 6: Corvin?
Speaker 3: Uh, I don't remember exactly, but I tend to go for seven and four.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's kind of down below. I can see some people do with three and nine. Yeah, that might be where they're looking at.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'm still a comfortable at a ten and two if I'm using both hands, especially when I'm doing my A ten and two, you're like more eleven eleven.
Speaker 3: You're an eleven. You're not a two hander. All right, Listen, we gotta take a break. We got tickets to shine down we're gonna give away, plus we got fill in the Blake news in our top five songs. We'll take a break and we'll be back. More of The Big Men Morning Show is next. Is It's time for news quakies, world news, local news and news that just makes you say, what the Here's Corbyn, Gimbi and Lindsay with what's going on news Quakies from The Big Man Morning Show. In ninety seven five.
Speaker 5: Man who's shut down interstate with tennis ball bomb sentenced to eighteen months. This actually happened in October of twenty twenty, but apparently in Washington a dude by the name of Soukfauna so Fana song.
Speaker 3: Sure, I'm sure that's how you pronounce it.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I guess what had happened is that he had fallen asleep in a stolen Mercedes right, and the police approach him and he's like, oh God, and then takes off in this stolen Mercedes with flat tires and leaves. The leads the police on a slow speed chase down the interstate, where they ended up stopping him with a pit maneuver.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: Well, when they stop him with the pit maneuver, that's when he gets out holding a homemade tennis ball bomb and a lighter.
Speaker 6: Well, they finally get the guy.
Speaker 5: They find out that this tennis ball bomb contained fifty grams of explosive powder, and they found a second explosive device, a sparkler bomb, which if you've never made these before, those are awesome. And so they had to shut down the entire interstate for a long time. Bomb squad had to come out, had to clear everything. Finally everything's clear. Come to find out, this suck funic guy was high on the fentanyl.
Speaker 3: When all this happened. And then you took him to jail.
Speaker 5: The judge gave him eighteen months in a federal prison for displayed an alarming disrespect for the law and posed a risk to the community.
Speaker 6: That's what the judge said.
Speaker 3: Dude, tennis ball bombs is a real thing. I did not know this. I didn't need a story. I was like, okay, that's kind of it. It makes sense because you don't have to follow anything out right, No, cut a hole, fill it with whatever, and then put some sort of fuse on it and then you can seal it air tight and then launch it. Yeah, yeah, that's wild. Yeah, I'm just trying to figure out how to keep like this fly out of my house that keep showing up. You are trying to figure out how to blow stuff up, that's wild.
Speaker 5: To me, using anything you can get from academy sports.
Speaker 6: Think about that. Man.
Speaker 5: You got your tanner right right, which you can get there. You got a tennis ball, okay, go to any kind of fireworks, stand by yourself, some cheap fireworks. There's your fuse right there. Well, take the gunpowder out of everything, right or like this guy, which is probably what he did because they found the sparkler bomb in his car as well, and you're just shaving off all that, you know, goop off the sparklers, filling that inside your tennis ball.
Speaker 3: That seems like doing that around a fourth of July thing feels like the most covert way to do something like that.
Speaker 6: Absolutely nobody would suspect anything else.
Speaker 5: No, just buying fireworks for the kids, right, sparklers or the.
Speaker 3: Noise wouldn't even you wouldn't even be like, huh no.
Speaker 5: I mean that's why we go outside and shoot guns on Fourth of July, because you can get away with it in town, you do.
Speaker 3: I mean it just sounds like fireworks, huh.
Speaker 6: I mean from what I've heard.
Speaker 3: Titanic subdisaster widow says what was left was slush. The widow of the husband and nineteen year old son who died in the titan submersible implosion said it took about nine months before any remains were returned to families. When they were, they came in small shoebox sized containers and were described as quote slush. Because the implosion caused extreme destruction under deep space pressure, recovery teams had to rely on DNA testing to identify anything at all, and much of the material was mixed together and could not be clearly separated, leading her to decline portions that could be definitively identified. The situation highlights both the violent nature of the implosion and the difficulty of deep ocean recovery. Even with that, she said, she takes some comfort in knowing the event was instantaneous, meaning those on board likely did not experience prolonged suffering. I love a good story because you don't know right how they knew it was his remains. I mean, if it was just slush, well they did DNA testing, Okay, so they I think it's more of like, well there's some of him.
Speaker 5: Here, right, kind of like what the cremation and the ashes, Well, there's some of them there.
Speaker 3: Have you ever picked up a loved one's ashes me personally, like from a crematory.
Speaker 5: No, I want to say I was with somebody when they did.
Speaker 6: I can't remember, honestly.
Speaker 3: I've done it a handful of times, mostly for all for loved ones, mostly people directly connected to me, and in another instance, because I was asked to, because they their loved one couldn't do it right, it couldn't bring themselves to do it. It's really a sobering moment.
Speaker 6: Why said that?
Speaker 3: Because the person you love it is just reach tiny box.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's fair. I've only dealt with traditional burials. I'm really not big in the cremation. Everybody in my family has always been traditionally buried. I plan on being traditionally buried. My brother says that he wants to be cremated, right, as to which I'm like, good thing.
Speaker 3: You don't get a sign in it, to which your kids will be saying about you.
Speaker 6: Probably so.
Speaker 3: But it just seems it's really sobering the whole death process. I think I've mentioned it before. Someone dies. You go to a funeral and all you're doing is look at your watch for it to be over right, and their whole life's encompassed in a photo slide to free bird or whatever somebody's you know, memory when they did probably much more monstrous things than that, right, And then to boot you get it. Your ashes are put into a ziplock and handed to you. That's it.
Speaker 5: And sometimes it's in a little cardboard box. Sometimes they put it in a wooden but you have to pay for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've always only received it in a cardboard box, Okay. And I don't know, I don't know if you buy a nice one and then take the bag out and then put it in the box, are the really nice one?
Speaker 6: Okay?
Speaker 3: I mean you don't want to just dump the ashes in that box, do you? I mean, I guess that's kind of what they do. No, it's not a very good boxing. Yeah, it's one of those quick full boxes. Well I'm talking about the fancy wooden ones that you pay extra for. Oh yeah, I don't know. I don't know, but I do enjoy a good YouTube video of watching somebody dump ashes in a windy day.
Speaker 5: Oh that is hilarious. I seen one that was a little weird yesterday. And they're at a city park, think like McClure Park, okay, right where they have those grills out there, you know where you go and barbecue your chicken and you know, hang out with the family. Right, So what they did was they had their Orkhal's in there at the bottom, and they pulled.
Speaker 3: Out this bag.
Speaker 5: It looks like it's at least a pound a week, right, and they dump all that on the grill and they flatten it out and all the weed falls to the bottom, and of course the weeds starts smoking and it's on fire, and then the sister who's got the ashes then dumps the ashes on top of all the burning.
Speaker 3: Chronic was like, interesting, One, that's.
Speaker 5: The waste of a whole lot of weed, and two, now it's all up in the all up in the ear.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a reason you only pull her a little out for your homies and you don't pull it pour the whole thing out right because they don't really get any.
Speaker 5: No, no, save something for yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're your homie would want you to, all right, right. Man busted for subway stale bread rage. This is hilarious because a guy in Florida, a forty three year old dude named Ray, goes to subway orders a sandwich and apparently the sandwich that he ordered, the bread was a little bit crustier than what he liked.
Speaker 5: Now, Ray didn't realize this until he got home. Ray doesn't really necessarily say if he ate the sandwich or if he threw it away, but it does say that Ray sat on this summer bitch and got angry for a week. He goes back to the subway a week later, talks to the sandwich artist back.
Speaker 3: There say that, and he's like, God, let's sandwich you made me last week had stale bread on it.
Speaker 5: And apparently a little verbal artisication goes by. That's when Ray openly open hand slaps the dog s out of the sandwich artist damn and then runs off all guard right. Maybe the maybe the sandwich artist came out from behind the counter, I don't know. It didn't say that in the story, but it did say there was somebody sitting in a booth watching the whole damn thing go down. So of course Ray slaphs the holy hell out of this this artist and then.
Speaker 3: Takes off out of there. Okay, police get called out. They check out the footage. They look at the sandwich artist's face. They're like, yeah, you got the s smacked out of you, for sure. The witness in the booth told him everything, gave him a description, six foot two, two hundred and forty pounds. They're like, he slapped the crap out of him and then ran out the door. Well, they did track Ray down. Ray lives three miles away from the subway. When they questioned Ray about it, he did admit he confessed to slapping the sandwich artist. Hell yeah, I did. He said that the victim intentionally gave him old, stale bread on a sandwich that he purchased a week earlier. Intentionally, that's wild, and that he went and confronted him about it, and he said that the sandwich artists just began to laugh laugh at him, which caused him to strike him.
Speaker 5: Well, they ended up taking him to jail for battery. But blows me away as this guy sat on it for a week before going back and confronting the sandwich.
Speaker 3: That's my thing. You you held onto that for a week and lived in your in your head for a week. Yeah, instead of I don't know, going back that night, going back that minute, calling the corporate number, being like, hey, your artist gave me stale bread, and you know, instead of going up there and just slapping the crab, well, artist, you know, open to interpretation, right, stale bread. I've listen, say what you will about Subway. I've never gotten stale bread there. No, I've never had questionable ingredients at Subway baked.
Speaker 5: Fresh daily allegedly. So they say, wow, I knew a couple of people I worked at the Subway. This was back in the nineties. Maybe it was different then, but I've seen him make it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, that's that's a wild take to go back and be like, remember last week, you know the hundreds of sandwiches you make? Right mine? Remember mine? Remember mine? What'd you have? A BMT and restaurant under investigation after deer roadkill found in freezer with other food. So this happens in Louisiana where they're investigating this restaurant after a social media post claimed an employee was seen skinning a dead animal behind the building. Officers responded to the damn it China Queen buffet not helping your stereotype any and found evidence that the animal was a deer that had been collected from the side of the road. The deer carcass was found stored in a freezer alongside food that was allegedly intended to be served to customers. In Louisiana, collecting roadkill without permission from the state's wildlife agency is illegal and can carry a fine between four hundred and nine hundred and fifty dollars and up to one hundred and twent days in jail. The restaurant issued a statement saying the deer was never meant to be served and that it has corrected its procedures. State health and wildlife officials have launched their own investigations, and health records show the restaurant is a repeat violator of state health codes, which that last sentence can get bent. You know how many restaurants are repeat violators of state health codes. Right right, right now. It is entirely possible somebody picked it up, cleaned it, and put it in the freezer till they could go home. Absolutely entirely possible. Also entirely possible that you ate it at lunch today.
Speaker 5: Absolutely absolutely what your kung pal poodle?
Speaker 3: Oh oh we're so sorry, Oh we're so sorry.
Speaker 6: We won't do it.
Speaker 3: Again, Sash one shit, right right you should, yeah, yes, in case I don't need another email about you. Right, all right, we got to take a break. We'll be back. Good morning, can be well, Good morning, Corban.
Speaker 5: Here about an hour, gonna get your first keyword to rock the bank that could score you.
Speaker 3: One thousand dollars.
Speaker 5: All you got to do is listen for it and then plug it in right there at the website that Rockscambdy dot com or for you.
Speaker 6: Using it for you Ironheart Radio.
Speaker 5: Plug it in there. You got plenty of chances throughout the day. Good luck, all right.
Speaker 3: Normally we'd lent to this would be where Lindsay would bring up something she want to talk about. But I found this, well she's not here, but I found this that I found fascinating where a woman brings her dead husband back to life as a hologram for a Q and A at his funeral. But why and furthermore, who's answering the questions? I mean, right, you would have to know his he would have I mean you'd have to know what his answers? Would it be? Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And I guess the wife would be the best. They were married for sixty years, and they She worked with the company Pronto Hologram and Hyperreal to create a life sized digital version of her husband using pre recorded material and AI. It appeared on a screen and walked mourners through a scripted Q and A, answering questions as if they were really there. Now. The opening line set the tone, quote, this was would have been the guy. Right before anyone gets confused, I'm not actually here. You don't say, And here's the question. The answer to the question, Gimpie asked. She wrote the entire script herself, using six decades of shared memories. Okay, and she had hoped to keep the budget around two thousand dollars, but said the project grew far more ambitious than that. Yes, of course it did. Because they're dead, you missed them. You'll spend ridiculous amounts of money on things that are unnecessary in that time, absolutely like making them a hole. I don't know how many people after their loved one, GiB My, I'd be a good example of assets too, where you bury somebody and you spend money on something, and you five ten years later you go, I'm so glad I spent X dollars on the coffin. Right, you don't reflect on that and have gratitude? I don't think, no, not really.
Speaker 5: I didn't go with I'm just gonna use my dad as the example because I'm I plan my brother and I plan the whole thing. My brothers and I planned that whole thing to where when my mom died, my dad had a lot of say in the pick of caskets and so on, and so.
Speaker 3: He tried to honor his choice.
Speaker 5: So I thought it would be what's what looks good. I didn't want for my dad. I didn't want a plane. I didn't want a cardboard box. I didn't want a plane Jane pine box. But I wasn't going with the most expensive Cadillac out of all of them, you know what I mean. So I went about middle ground, something that just looked nice. Because you are putting on a presentation for people you know so, and that casket.
Speaker 3: Some bituals almost three grand. Yeah.
Speaker 5: That whole industry right there is just disturbing on how much they bend you over and take you for what you got.
Speaker 3: I hear you. I'm not prepared to have that statement because I don't want to lump everyone in the same boat. Uh okay, I'm sure there are definitely some nefarious individuals who take advantage of people in that situation.
Speaker 5: I wasn't. I was upsold on a few things, but not a whole lot. Like I get what you're saying. Like there, I'm sure there are some morticians out there, funeral home directors that would, oh you need this, Oh they would like that, and push for the most expensive stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there's some out there.
Speaker 5: And the one that I had to deal with was cool, let me make a lot of the decisions, but was also like into some suggestions like my dad was in the Air Force. Hey have you thought about these these medallions here that their magnetic stick to the casket and then you can take them after the funeral's done. As to which I still have them, I have all three of them. And I have yet to give my brothers the other two simply just because I haven't gotten around to it.
Speaker 6: And that was ten years ago. Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 3: One of those things I put off in the corner. I haven't gotten to it. But I can see in this situation when that you would spend money to try and you know, prove your love. Yeah, that's somebody that can't receive it.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, And if they came to together like, hey, what we can do is we can we can turn your dad into a hologram using AI and if you just write out the questions or whatever, well it'll be neither be like your dad's right there. Yeah, I would be no way you can get bent. That is way too much. And I think it's silly.
Speaker 3: Now if there was a kid who's like, hey, I got this idea, I can do this thing. We'll do it for free, for free.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, if it's free, it's for me, and I'll take three one hundred percent.
Speaker 3: But does this say in.
Speaker 6: This article how much she dished out for me.
Speaker 3: She said it started at two thousand dollars, but she said it got more ambitious, which means more expensive. Right. Yeah, I'm with you, especially if I'm writing the script. It's not authentic. No, as far as I'm concerned.
Speaker 5: Now, let's just say Dad put this stuff together, and if it was one of his wishes, He's like, hey, I heard about this cool thing. You can turn me into a hologram and here's you know, we'll have a Q and a sashion here's what I wrote. I think that would be neat and I would probably look into it. Then, yeah, because that's something he wanted and he wrote it. So therefore, for me, it's a little more authentic because he put it together. It's not just me.
Speaker 3: Well, and it's the Q and A isn't really true either, right. A Q and A is like, hey, why'd you touch our cousin? That's that's a Q and A, right, right, As opposed to it's it's an implied Q and A where the questions are implied, like, hey, what was your favorite vacation? Oh man, my favorite vacation was, you know, going to Disney World or whatever. Right, that's right, you know what I'm saying, Like the questions are set up, so you're here, but nobody's you know, stand in front of a microphone going sorry, you're dead. It's it's your cousin Valayah, you haven't seen in decades? Did you take my keys when I was five? Like you know what I'm saying, Like it isn't a real Q and a where you can get some closure.
Speaker 6: Right right.
Speaker 5: It just makes you feel a little bit better because you're using his likeness and you're using the AI. It's not really his voice though, is it.
Speaker 3: It is they're taking voice recordings to make a voice that's similar to his.
Speaker 5: So it's like, you know, we have an old voicemail from him, and then the AI is generate.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, and here here is where here's where I'm a proponent for this because when you go to a funeral, it is a statement that is probably said multiple times in that moment and definitely after is I wish I could hear their voice one more time? Yeah? So I think it does scratch that itch. Two. I don't think that industry has really evolved at all in terms of how funerals are conducted. You know how many funeral homes I go to and there's they have to wheel a TV in, or they have to wheel a TV in like the av class. Right, there's so in terms of advancing the technology, and I'm sure people that work in that industry would have a bone to pick with me in that statement. All I know is every funeral I go to feels like every funeral I've ever gone to. Right, you're all still trying to super you know, mirror the laptop onto the screen and haven't done the update. So we got to wait for the update to happen so we can do this photo that, you know what I mean?
Speaker 6: Right, And in the middle of the montage or the song you hear.
Speaker 3: Right, you got it? Yeah? Right, So I'm not saying you have it. I'm just saying not, you're not. It's not keeping up. And if and I'm for it. If this is the thing, right, everything's got to start somewhere. Yeah, if you were to hear one last message, if you could hear one last message from like your dad or your mom, would you want it.
Speaker 5: When you say one last message like they're on their deathbed and it's like, listen, I know I'm about to go soon.
Speaker 3: I just want to let you know, X y Z. Is that kind of where you're getting at. I'm not playing there on their deathbed. I'm saying they're gone. And you could hear one last message from them, a lah Ai generated hologram standing in front of you are on a screen at the funeral.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't want it that way.
Speaker 5: I would want it in a way that I plan on doing it for my kids, and it's something that I've got to do and I've got to do soon, because you just never know, if there's anything I've learned in the past fifteen years, you just don't know when it's time.
Speaker 3: It's time.
Speaker 5: But what I plan on doing for my kids is making a video recording myself of myself while I'm still alive and delivering said messages that way.
Speaker 3: When do you do that?
Speaker 6: When do I make that recording?
Speaker 5: That's a good question, because that's something that I have been thinking of and wanting to do. I've really been thinking of it heavily within the past like year or so. But much like putting together your will, it's hard. It's hard to sit down and make that recording like right now while I'm I'm still in decent health, because it kind of it's reality check. Does that make sense to you one hundred percent? You have to have some sobering moments with yourself. Yes, absolutely, And it's like good. Am I ready for that?
Speaker 3: I don't know if I'll ever be ready for that, but it's something I know I need to do.
Speaker 6: Sure, so I don't.
Speaker 3: I'm not intentionally putting it off, but at the same time, I'm just kind of I'm not.
Speaker 6: I'm not ready yet for that.
Speaker 3: Coincidentally, fifty six percent of American adults have no estate planning documents or preparation at all, but seventy three percent consider it super important, which is exactly what you just said. You understand the importance of it. But like eh, five thousand people found, only twenty six percent actually have wills or estate planning documents done. Maya my thing against the video because I'm with you, I would love to do that as well. Is the technology I would recorder it on I don't know will be available when I die? Is Yes, I've thought about that because if you would have, if you if we would have talked about this twenty years ago, we'd be burning it on size right right, My thought is on a thumb drive now. With all that being said, in the advancements of technology, that's why I have a Google Drive. As far as I know, Google will always be here and will always be accessible, so I can make said video uploaded onto the Google drive and then be like here, here it is. But here's the thing, and this is This is another thing that slows me down when it comes to this sort of thing is when do you give it to them? Do you give them access right now and just tell them, hey, don't open this file on this Google drive until after I die? Yeah, because I feel like, because I know me, i'd been like, curiosity is getting the cat here and I want to open that up. Yeah. Well, you've always been very open about your lack of self control. But uh so I'll just give you. What I've done is I have a trust that's set up that has everything taken care of. I have a hard copy in my safe. I have a digital copy and some digital documents on a Google drive that that is only what it's for. Nothing else goes in that Google drive. My brother has a digital copy of my estate, and then he also has a password, user name, and password to the digital spot as well. And then there's an envelope in our safe for our kids, same with all the same stuff.
Speaker 5: Okay, sounds like we're on the same path here, you and I.
Speaker 3: But what idea I guess we should. But what I'm trying to and we're totally straying away. You got to just pull the trigger. People, are the questions you're asking are fair? You just got to do it, and you have to do it with the mindset I'm doing this so it's easier when my kids die or when I die, My kids don't have to go to other people I love don't have to go through that process because it sucks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I thought about that because I had to do the same thing with my parents. You know, I don't want them to have to do with all that. It's just doing it.
Speaker 3: I'm with you though. In two Yeah, it's real, but it's coming for all of us, absolutely, you know, it's undefeated. The the thing about asking, like if you could hear one last thing? No, no, But where I get pushed back in my head is what's the difference between an AI digital version telling stories compared to photos that are on the screen and people going up there telling stories?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 5: Because for me, in my opinion, the photos and the people going up and telling their stories, that is the It's it's them sharing their accounts. Yeah, but that's where it's not real though. Well, I mean, it's real.
Speaker 3: It's what they think was real, and it's real, and it's it's authentic.
Speaker 5: It's authentic. Absolutely, it's real. It's not a hologram. It's not made up. It's not some computer and some algorithm that put it all together for you and for so for me, it's like you said, it's more authentic that way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, man. I like the idea of it. I like the idea of evolving the technology and the experience. I've said before, I think that you when you go into a hall for a funeral home, that hall should be video walls right with their photos. It just feel like you're in And I know that's not for everybody. And if it's it's not, that's fine. You can you can dumb it down and have just like a pond and sunset and just like one screen with a photo. But for other people seeing lots of photos and celebrating.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that would be pretty awesome.
Speaker 3: It feels like the right move for sure.
Speaker 5: For sure, and maybe you might beyond to the funeral home of the future. Can you hear the commercials already?
Speaker 3: Listen If you're a funeral home and you're looking for somebody to talk about your business on the radio. Hey, this is Corbyn for Bob's Funeral Home. When you die, you need to call them now. I haven't full disclosure. I haven't used this product yet, right however, but I believe they will do a good job for you. I've seen they have done funerals every day.
Speaker 5: I've been to so many strangers at funerals just doing research on this company that I can tell you firsthand that they will take the best care of you.
Speaker 6: They did for Susan.
Speaker 3: Don't go to Jim's funeral home, right, Jim, he still uses Tube TVs. Right. We do our updates on our computers.
Speaker 6: Down here at.
Speaker 5: Bob's Funeral Home. We have digital screens that you can customize your own liking.
Speaker 3: We have a welcome peg board that says you can change the letters out welcome to Dad's funeral. We'll provide the attendant to sign the book that you will throw in a box and never look at.
Speaker 5: Thanks for reminding me. Now I gotta go home and dig through some stuff.
Speaker 3: Appreciate it all right, We got to take a break. We'll be back. Let's go ahead and play a game. See if I can remember where everything is. Ah, yes, and it is Wednesday, so pick the flick? Is the game?
Speaker 5: The current record is well, you are leading this one with six and Lindsey and I are.
Speaker 6: Tied with five.
Speaker 3: Last week's winner be me. It doesn't matter though, because Lindsay's out today, so to be Gimpy and Corbyn. Eight three three four six oh kmo D eight three three four six oh kmod. You have the cards, so call up decide who's going to be the clue giver? Eight three three four six kmo D. Let's see first. Good morning, you're on the air. What's your name? Hith Hi, Beth?
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm great? How are you great?
Speaker 6: Beth?
Speaker 3: Who would you like to give clues? Gimpy or Lindsey? All right, I'm sorry, Gimby or Corbyn. Let's go with Gibby Beth. Sixty seconds are on the clock. Timers starts after the first clue. He's gonna give you clues for movies. You want to get as many right as you can. If you get more right than me and my teammate, then you will get tacks to see Shine Down May twenty third, at the pay Com Center in Oklahoma City. Are you ready? Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 5: This is a Mel Gibson movie where he can hear what the ladies are thinking.
Speaker 8: What women won?
Speaker 6: Yep?
Speaker 3: This is Arnold Swarzenegger and Jamie Lee Curtis. He is a spy. Oh god, what is the opposite of false? There you go? Uh?
Speaker 5: This is the movie about a tiny mouse who drives cars.
Speaker 3: Oh my god? Uh not recycles? What what is the opposite of big? There you go? Uh? This is uh pass Uh.
Speaker 5: This is Morgan Freeman and some old lady and he is her chauffeur.
Speaker 2: Driving.
Speaker 3: Yes, pass Uh. This is about a boxer. Uh time time time. It looks like you've got four. Uh might be good enough for the wind. Hang on the line. Okay, okay, sure, good morning, you're.
Speaker 4: On the air.
Speaker 3: What is your name?
Speaker 8: Mike?
Speaker 3: Mike? You and I have to beat four? Are you ready?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 3: First movie is a Billy Bob Thornton movie, one of his first ones, and he repairs lawnmowers. He has a famous line biscuits and mustard. Yes.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 3: This is an Ashton Couture movie. If I'm not mistaken. It's kind of a horror movie and it's about when some kind of paranormal thing happens a worm. A worm goes into a cocoon and becomes a I'm sorry, a caterpillar goes into a cocoon and becomes a there you go. Yeah. Rick Morani's movie was a Broadway musical and then it became a movie. He's in it, Yes, sir, pass, I deserve I deserve that pass.
Speaker 6: Okay, God damn it.
Speaker 1: Uh, this is a a movie about a fake movie about a country singer, kind of like Johnny Cash walk the line.
Speaker 3: That's the Johnny Cash. But this is a parody of it. Oh oh oh, it's a double pointer.
Speaker 6: Think of it.
Speaker 8: I can't think of it.
Speaker 3: Ah, damn, we didn't win, man, I'm so sorry, brother.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 3: All right, Beth, congratulations, you're getting those tickets Sea Shine down down in Oklahoma City at the pay Com Center on Saturday, May twenty third. Awesome, Thank you so much. Yeah, contain that excitement to hang on the line you want to go over yours or mind quest? All right, So this one the first one that Corbyn passed on. I've never seen this movie before, but I would just describe the words. The first word is what is the opposite of life? Okay? That is death and then the opposite of he would be her and how you get him to say the word in the middle. I have no idea, but death becomes her. I was not one hundred percent sure. Goldie Hawn, Meryl Street, Bruce Willis they're dead or one of them's dead or something like that. I'd be lying if I said I've seen it.
Speaker 5: Okay, This other one here is a This is the second one he passed on, Double Pointer, Jim Carrey movie from the early nineties where he is an alien that comes to this planet from space and finds out that the women here have loose morals.
Speaker 3: It is a lame ass movie. Yeah eighty eight. Jeff Goldbloom, Geena Davis, Damon Wayanskay and Jim Carrett. Yeah yeah, Earth Girl Are Easy. Yeah, never seen it.
Speaker 5: It is a third of a movie. The third one that he passed on, also Double Pointer. You were on the right path so far as the Johnny Cash movie. This has the the other brother from Step Brothers.
Speaker 3: I was having trouble remembering his name. Yeah, not Will Ferrell, but the other guy. Yeah, he's got three. His name is three. John c Riley. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 5: And he is a musician and It's kind of along the lines of the Johnny Cash movie.
Speaker 8: Like that.
Speaker 6: Walk Hard, the Dewey Cox story.
Speaker 3: All right, the ones you passed on m night shamalong Bing Doong movie. This is where a group of people you think the movie is taking place in the old times, and they live in this community where the monsters. If you go into the woods, the monsters will get you. They have to wear these yellow cloaks. One of the main characters blind and her brother Aiden Brody is a. Is it ain Broody? I think it's he is a He's got some sort of mental defect and he goes crazy and kills walking phoenix in it, and the blind girl has to go and get meds. The giveaway at the end is they live in a state park in current times. The group of people that were friends didn't like what was happening in modern times, and so they retreated to a more civilized quote unquote society. And the turning point is where she escapes unbeknownst to the elders, and she's on a city road in the park. The park ranger finds her. Okay, that's the village of the village. Yeah, Jennifer's body. I've never heard of it, Megan Fox, Amanda Sea Freed, Adam Brodie, Chris Pratt. And this movie is from two thousand and nine. It's a horror comedy. Indie band Low Shoulder made a pack with the devil, one that requires the soul of a virgin. They kidnap and killed cheerleader Jennifer, who is played by Megan Fox, but unfortunately she has no virgin. She was no virgin and resurrects to take her retribution. And then that third one that I ran out of the Jennifer's body, and then the one you ended on. This is the Clint Eastwood directed movie about a female boxer. So it was about a boxer.
Speaker 5: I wasn't I've never seen that movie either, but I feel like I knew it was about a boxer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I believe Ollie, isn't it? Oh No, this is Hillary Swank Morgan Freeman. Yeah, okay, so there you go, million Dollar baby. All right, the record now tis you? And I was six, keeps Lindsay with five. The Big Man Morning Show returns next well. Corvina says here that the doj Indights call me for a second time. A Department of Justice is in dining indicting former FBI director James Comy again, this time for allegedly knowingly making a threat to kill President of the United States seat you else.
Speaker 6: Yesterday, acting A G.
Speaker 3: Todd Blanche said that the latest charges are connected to a social media post featuring the message eight six point seven, which the DJ says was a call to assassinate Trump. Call, right, that's the code. That's it, man, because you know Montel Jordan said it. Eight six me stud you know that's to kill kill kill kill. And then of course forty seven okay, right, yeah, yeah, okay. But the DOJ says they charged Comy for allegedly lying to Congress last year. A federal judge later dismissed that case. Buckingham Palace releases a statement about King Chuck's address to Congress.
Speaker 5: Buckingham Palace says that Can Charles was greatly touched by the warm response to his speech before Congress yesterday and a rare address to Congress. The King focused mainly on a bond between the US and the UK, saying he's looking forward to the next two one hundred and fifty years of friendship. The Buckingham Ballace statement reads the King was deeply honored to have been invited to be.
Speaker 3: The first British king to give such an address, and was greatly touched by the warmth and generosity of the response he received. Blah blah, yeah, Bobby Cock, what.
Speaker 6: Else we got here?
Speaker 3: Elon Musk testifies an open ai trial. This is a bit of a long one.
Speaker 5: Elon Musk is criticizing open AI's restructuring in his lawsuit against the company's CEO, Sam Altman. The billionaire took the stand yesterday during the first day of testimony in his high profile tech trial. Musk, who co founded the AI company as a nonprofit, told the court, if the verdict comes out that it's okay to loot a charity, then charitable giving in America will be destroyed. Musk left open ais board in twenty eighteen and wants to stop the chet GPT maker from becoming a for profit company. He claims the company benefited from his money, advice, recruiting efforts and connections, and now he wants an estimated one hundred and thirty four bah bah ba billion dollars in damages.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, it's one hundred percent worth his time, which is a lot, right, Yeah, he's worth about ninety million dollars an hour, So for him to be on the stand, yeah, means he has money to lose, right, And this company has the potential to make a lot of money. And I think that's what this is. This is a move to stop them from making so much money. Yeah, especially when he planned on it to just not be a money maker. Well he tried to be about yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Lastly, here Bigsby Bridge bill heads to the Gubna. Legislation authorizing a second bridge across the Arkansas River now waits for goodness it's signature. House Bill twenty one twenty three aims to alleviate traffic as development explodes south of the river and Big Spy. There have been rumors over the years about where the next bridge could go, with some thinking it could be over Minga, others suggesting one hundred and thirty first and the latest being near Kimberly.
Speaker 6: Clark really a.
Speaker 3: Long time friend of the show. Let's talk to him right now. Hey, Josie, how are you, buddy?
Speaker 8: I'm doing good. How are you, Cord?
Speaker 3: I'm good man. You know, you're one of these people that I'm always trying to keep an eye on because your tenacity to move forward, man, is always impressive, regardless of what adversity is in front of you, and your career as an entertainer and your life after that and then getting back into it. Man, A lot, not a lot of people would be able to do that, but you continue to forge forward.
Speaker 8: Well, you know, you got to get back up off the mat and continue fighting. You know, when my son died of COVID back in twenty twenty one, I was going to leave the music industry and I was just overwhelmed with depression about the death of my son. And I had a dream one night that I was laying on the canvas of this boxing ring and I was like, why am I? What am I doing in the middle of a boxing ring? And I noticed that I was bleeding and I heard my voice, my son's voice behind me, saying, come on, Pops, come on, pops, you gotta get up. You got to get up and fight. And I was like, that's my son, Cody, and I turned around to see him. And then I woke up and I just sat on the side of the bed with my wife, Kendra, and she was like holding me, and I was just had cold, a cold sweat, and I was like, that was Cody telling me to get back up and fight. So I'm getting back in this I'm getting back in this game. Man. I know that that's what he wants and that that's what's going to make him proud. And I'm all, I'm all in well.
Speaker 3: And they always show, or you're led to believe as a child, that success is a straight line all the way up, and it's never like that. And you guys have been dealt another thing to try and get over with some equipment that's been stolen.
Speaker 8: Right, Yeah, yesterday morning, we just returned from the Western leg. We went out to Los Angeles and played at the Whiskey and played it some different places, coming through Arizona and finished the Western leg of the twenty fifth anniversary of the Every six Seconds Tour celebrate in Saliva's first record. And when we got home, we parked our trailer at our guitar player Ben Hosterman's house and there in Tulsa, and they went to take their son to school yesterday and they were gone for all of fifteen minutes and the trailer. They came back and the trailer was gone, and it's just been heartbreaking, man, because every bit of our equipment was still in the trailer, you know, because we just we just returned home, not you know, twenty four hours before that. So all of Ben's guitars, there's a goal top less Paul black, beauty less Paul. All of my drummer Justin Barber's beautiful black Mapex kit. They don't even make it anymore. He spent his whole life for collecting all these different type of drums and cymbals, and it's just heartbreaking, man. And my bass player, Tyler Perry, had just bought two Thunderbird bases and an amp that he's still making payments on to Guitar Center, and you know, it just they they couldn't have hit us any any harder than they did. And it's it's not this heartbreaking for me because I'm the singer. All I have is the microphone, and I lost a couple of stage outfits. All my stage clothes were on the trailer. But that's not that. That's stuff that I collect from like goodwill and little fashion pieces that I've put together here and there, and I can replace all of that. It's the musical equipment of these local Tulsa musicians. That is just heartbreaking because they lost everything.
Speaker 3: What do you think the total value is of everything that got lost?
Speaker 8: Well, we figured it up yesterday and it's around forty five to fifty thousand dollars all in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a lot of money. Man. That is that has to feel devastating.
Speaker 8: It's absolutely heartbreaking man. And like I said, being the singer, I didn't have that much equipment on there. But it brings my heart for my for my brothers, you know what I mean. These are guys that I've been on the road with for the past four years. My steps On, Dyna, Mike Delon is in the band. And luckily when we left the trailer that the night we got home, we got all of our luggage and we got Dylan's two guitars out of out of the trailer and the rest just is gone. But we are in touch with the Tulsa police. We saw the report. And you know, anybody out there that sees a white trailer with a Texas tag with it's a double axle white trailer and it has a Texas tag on the back. Because the fan that bought that that trailer for us, he gifted it to us lives in Texas and it has a Texas tag on the back and just all kinds of goofy stickers that we've collected from different venues that we've played all over the United States. So if anybody sees that trailer, or if you see any gold top less Pauls being trying to be pawned, or black Beauty's trying to be pawned less Pauls, or a couple of Thunderbird bases, or any kind of amps, or any black Maypex drums, and you can't miss the bass drum because it's a huge picture of the Every six second album cover on it. You can't miss that. So please, if anybody sees or hears of anything, please contact the Tulsa Police. And if you want to give to the cause, we have a go fundme set up for the guys that lost all their instruments. Just look up you know, Jessee's got rocks dot com and there'll be a link to all that.
Speaker 3: And again, the best thing to do is if you see something, you should call the the Tulsa Police and let them handle it. And everybody's all the guys have stuff posted on their page about what it looked like the trailer. We're going to repurpose this stuff on our pages too so people can see it. What happens now for touring? Does everything kind of get put on hiatus?
Speaker 8: Well, no, We've had an outpouring of musicians that have gotten in touch with us, that have offered us equipment. You know, from Zach Myers from Shining Down as a dear friend of ours, he's helped us out. The rapper Doobie has gotten a hold of me and has helped us out. There's even been guys in the country music side of things. Good friend of mine named Charlie is an amazing songwriter and amazing country artists, has reached out to us and he's donating some things. So and a dear friend of ours from a band called Framing the that we're actually playing the show with at the Machine Shop in Flint, Michigan, is bringing some equipment so we'll get through the shows. But replacing the instrument, the physical musical instruments for the long run is what's so heartbreaking about the whole thing. And you know, unfortunately we'll never be able to replace those particular instruments unless they're found, you know, God willing, but we'll certainly hopefully be able to raise enough money to be able to get these guys their guitars and basses and drums back, because it's just so heartbreaking.
Speaker 3: Is there insurance coverage for something like.
Speaker 8: That, Well, we looked into that yesterday and because it was parked at Ben's house, we talked to homeowners and they said, because we make money because we are touring business, and he uses those instruments to think money. Then they some I don't know, some kind of technicality where they don't have to pay as much, or it's you know, these insurance companies, man, it's always it's always a shell game. You know. They you pay into these companies for years and years and then when you need them the most, and some of them are legitimate and they take care of people and they come through. I'm not doing the whole insurance industry, but for the most part, man, there's a lot of shysters out there that just gets you on the technicality. And it just seems like that they him hauled Ben up on the technicality on his homeowners and they're like, well, you use them to for your business to make an income, so when you know you'll have to file that with your business.
Speaker 3: Right right, And like you said, I mean you can replace them, they won't be the same ones. But also you can't replace the memories, you know.
Speaker 8: But you know what I think. I think I believe in a higher power, man, and I think, you know, God is in this, and uh, you know, God hears conversations that you don't hear, and God sees things that you don't see. And I just believe that God's in it, man, and that I think a miracle is going to happen and come out of this, you know. I think I think that he'll take this that was meant for evil and use it for as good. I just have to believe that somewhere in my heart, and I think it's I think it's it's gonna be a good thing. It's gonna be a positive thing. This is gonna work out some kind of way. There's a blessing in this somewhere.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about the the trailer again. It's a white trailer, Texas tags. Any other discerning characteristics.
Speaker 8: Uh, it's a double axle trailer, meaning it has two tires on both sides, so that's a distinctive characteristic. It has a bunch of crazy goofy stickers that we've put on it. Not all over it, but there's probably two or three hundred little stickers that are all over it. So if you see some stickers there from you know, from Las Vegas and LA and New York and Florida and different places like that, that that should definitely raise your antennas. But yeah, just stay looked, stay looking out for a white trailer around the Tulsa area, and you know, we're going to keep our fingers crossed. It seems like though that we you know, my I talked to my guitar player Ben this morning and he was brought up a good point that it seems like we were targeted because it all of ten minutes that they were gone to take their son to school. Somebody just rolled up in there and took that trailer. And I just we had four gigantic padlocks on the trailer hitch and on all three doors, so it would have took some work. It would have took some doing to get those locks off of there and get that trailer out of there inside of ten minutes. So we think that, you know, somebody targeted us and they knew what they were doing and they knew it, they knew the job that they were gonna have to do, because they did it quick and they were out of there. You can't just roll up on a trailer of five master locks on it, four or five master locks on it and just you know, blow towards them off real quick and get out of there in ten minutes. So whatever they did, they were prepared.
Speaker 3: Some people are texting in and said there's been a lot of equipment stolen between Okaseee and Tulsa, and they've asked for us to put a list on. We've we shared the links on our page and the KMOD Facebook page so people can look for it and if you find something again, called the Tulsa Police. And some people look for music trading instruments online. If you see something there, and I believe even been posted something about merch. If you see merch for sale that isn't at a Saliva show or a Josie Scott show, I should say that then that was stolen as well, so you should report that as well.
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely, we lost about five grand in merch. And two another thing, if anybody knows of any cameras around the twenty fourth and Yale type area of where being lives. Please please let the Tulsa Police know, or you know, let us know, send us, shoot us a message. You know, if anybody has a white has any kind of footage of some vehicle pulling a white trailer. Yesterday morning between the hours of seven and eight o'clock is when it happened. Please let us know about that too, because with this modern age, you know, it's twenty twenty six, for God's sakes, I had to be a camera that caught this somewhere.
Speaker 3: Somehow, somebody's ring camera or something. Somebody something again, look for that stuff. It's on our Facebook page, Josie. I'm sorry you guys are dealing with this. Thanks for talking to us and let us see if we can't try and get some help.
Speaker 8: Stirred up for you, dude, and thank you so much for always being my friend and always you know, the Morning Show, always being supportive of my career. I cannot thank you guys enough. I really do appreciate it from the bottom of my heart for not for just myself, but for the four brothers that I'm in a band with. I really appreciate everything you guys have done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got your six man if you need something to let us know. Yes, thank you, by Buddy Seeler, We're gonna take a break.
Speaker 6: We'll be back.
Speaker 3: So you's in the studio right now is Justin Krski with the Tulsa Drillers. Hey buddy, Hey, good morning, Good morning guys. Drillers are at home and a fantastic week of baseball is happening down at one Oak Field. It started yesterday. You guys had an early game, an early daytime game by an hour, so eleven am, which means gates are at ten. That's wild. And then after that game, which we'll circle back to, you guys had a college game last night as well.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it was a long day, but it was awesome day of baseball. Yeah, like you said, we were there early in the morning eleven o'clock. The Drillers played one seventeen to seven on that one.
Speaker 3: That was awesome.
Speaker 9: Seven home runs tied a record for regular season for us there. And then we had OSU O RU played at the ballpark last night, which was an awesome game and r you pulled out the victory there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, first time for or are you playing down at one Oak Field for a game And sounds like it's gonna be something that might happen in the future too. So and then today you got a twelve oh five day games. Two day games in a row. Of my years of being a part of the Drillers, whether it be with the organization or on broadcast, I don't think I have ever heard of two day games right in a row.
Speaker 9: Yeah, this is something new that we're trying, and it's worked out really really well. We're excited again. We had great weather this week, so it's worked out perfectly. So yeah, twelve five today, gates are gonna open at ten thirty. Here just a little bit, so I brought one for you here, Corbyn. This is the is the umbrella hat giveaway that that is perfect for you.
Speaker 3: So here's where this is good. It is it's got an elastic around it so you can wear a hat on top. Two yes, and then also this is this will shield all the hate. This is awesome, that brilliant and not only is it good for the rain, it's good for the sunshine too.
Speaker 9: Yeah, as you say, you riding around here, mower there and just I mean that is the look right there.
Speaker 6: That's a good sombrero.
Speaker 3: Finally, I do I do wear some Yeah, you guys always have the best promotions and when people when you guys do these promotions, I don't know everybody's clear on how this works. So you you you can get there whenever you'd like, But if you want to get in on whether it's a T shirt or some of the other stuff, we're gonna mention, you got to get there sooner rather than later.
Speaker 9: Yeah, definitely, especially on the big you know, like the jersey that we're gonna talk about in.
Speaker 3: The next few days here.
Speaker 9: But yeah, today the first five hundred fans will get that, So you got to get there early. Like you said, if you get there when gates open, you may have a chance, but I highly highly doubt it. So again, half an hour before gates open, So again i'd start making your way to the ballpark right now. We open at ten thirty today, So if you want that umbrella hat, I'd start making your way there soon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And there's also a benefit of getting there early for a game with Tito's Vodka pregame that happens where you can get a double vodka drinks for the price of a single, which is a pretty cool deal at one of Oklahoma's largest outdoor bars, which is underneath the scoreboard down at one Oak Field. The guys are playing amazing baseball right now. I've always said this, and I think it's always accurate, but now this, right now, the way the team's playing, this might be the most accurate it's ever been. The future stars is to Major League Baseball, especially the Dodgers are playing at one Oakfield. The guys' bats are unbelievably good right now.
Speaker 9: No matter where we are in a game, it feels like we're always in it and there's no there's no die in these guys right now. I mean we were down again the other day yesterday in like the fifth or sixth inning.
Speaker 3: We came back.
Speaker 9: We won seventeen to six or seventeen to seven, whatever it was. There's the guys are playing amazing baseball right now. Eric Wedger, managers having them play amazing. They're playing hard, and they're having fun out there. They're stealing bags or hitting home run, they're hitting doubles there. And our pitching's been fantastic. Like you said, Corbyn, we were off to our best franchise start in Hulsa Driller's history of home stand to go. So you guys got to come out and see them because this is not gonna last. These guys could be gone very very quick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, great pitching, great bats happening down at one oak Field and good times between the food and everything else. And we've talked about the day game that's happening today at twelve oh five, and Wednesday we've got a special Tulsa Connect jersey that's happening on top of the dollar beer special and everything else that's happening. Yeah, so Thursday, get there early again.
Speaker 9: This is one of those ones that we say gates are at six, but I would be their earliest, you know, five fifteen, five point thirty somewhere around there. To get in the first thousand fans. We're this brand new Tulsa Connect jersey that we have here, the new Navy.
Speaker 3: Blue new script logo there.
Speaker 9: This has been super popular and celebrating the centennial root sixty six, So very very excited about that on Thursday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a very cool logo. And again that is first one thousand fans. They have sizes all the way to triple x L it's a pretty big deal. Yeah, if you're gonna take it that but.
Speaker 9: I think one of the things that it makes mention is like, you know, when you go to other stadiums and other ballparks, they walk in there and you get an Excel and that's what it is. You know, for us, we want fans to wear these and to enjoy them. So when you come through, you're gonna get a voucher and then you can go to a table and actually pick your size while supplies last. So we got a youth size and we do a medium Excel and all we have to triple x there. So once they're gone, they're gone, but you have a chance to pick your size if you get there early.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna do something against Justin's wishes. The weather is gonna be so good this weekend. You're talking Saturday morning, the low of forty four. That means at the ballpark you're gonna see a temperature during the day maxing out at maybe seventy and the wind shouldn't be that bad. That teams up for a perfect Friday night of fireworks happening at one Oak Field with the Tulsa drillers.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Friday, I appreciate you saying that, Corp. And that's good beer drinking weather. I mean that is why'd you say good? I mean, is there no such thing as it's just beer drinking weather at all times? I guess, But I mean having that send down to the ballpark there and having an ice cold one there. Friday night. We are rocking and rolling already. There's less than a thousand tickets left. The entire seating bowl is sold out, so there's just Ferguson Kialon tickets left out there. If you want to come out Friday night, get your tickets there. But if you can't come out Friday night or you really want to have a seat at Saturday night, we're rolling it back with another fireworks show there on Saturday night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and to have two nights of row of fireworks on beautiful weather. Usually people are hot and tired by the end of the night, but not this time. It's gonna be beautiful weather for fireworks. That's Star Wars Night, and it's Star Wars Night.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So we're not playing on May the fourth, so we got to celebrate Star Wars Night a little bit earlier. So mayseec we'll have all the characters out there, all that fun stuff for Star Wars.
Speaker 3: You guys do a good job of incorporating the movie clips and everything into the game as well. And you guys have a special T shirt that you're giving away too for Star Wars Night.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we can't call it a Star Wars T shirt, so it's a Drillers T shirt that is inspired by Star Wars. So if anyone's listening, please don't tell anyone. But yeah, it's a it's gonna be a Driller T shirt. So get there early again the first thousand fans and then this it's just like we talked about for the jerseys there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the whole theme of the special logo with the Tulsa logo in the new jersey and stuff rounds out on Sunday with the day game at one o'clock. Kids get to run the bases. Just so much cool stuff happening. But you guys are doing a Tulsa Drillers rope hat, which is rope hats are back in style again. Yeah, so again get there early.
Speaker 9: It's that it's that Tulsa logo that we're talking about that's on the jersey there. It's our connect style there. So it's a high quality hat, super proud. These are look awesome. The one of my favorite hats that we've made. So get there early on that game starts at one o'clock, so gates will be at eleven thirty will be the early gates there. Kids can play catch on the field, kids eat free, they run the bases afterwards.
Speaker 3: Like you said, there, so.
Speaker 9: All the fun things happening, and it may not be on the website yet, Corpora. We just added this the other day. We're doing a brunch special at the ballpark there on Sunday as well. So yeah, it's a two hour mimosas. You seem like a brunch kind of bunch guy, Yeah, yeah, yeah. So it's a fifty five dollars package includes three mimosas, all you can eat brunch for two hours, and a.
Speaker 3: Ticket to the game. I don't think you could beat that.
Speaker 2: Not.
Speaker 3: On top of that, kids eat free on Sunday twelve and hundred receive a voucher for a free meal. We've got kids play catch on the field, Hornsby's hangout is free, and we've got the hat Sunday Fun Day, kids run the bases. So much to do down at one Oak Field. Let's highlight of food. I'm gonna give you a second to find the one you want to highlight. There's so much good food. My wife went there yesterday for a day game for her work, and she was like, what should I get? I always point people to the beer cheese and fries or beer cheese and pretzel because it's so delicious. What is the thing right now that people are really enjoying down one Och?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 9: So I got a bunch of family in town and they were in the game yesterday too, and three of them got the Philly cheese steaks. So right there at the Cigy's car, we're doing brats and everything there, but we also do Philly cheese steaks. And they put beer cheese on the Philly cheese steaks, all your peppers and onions and everything, and I had to bite a one of them. That's my go to right now, and I think that's where I'm going for lunch today.
Speaker 3: I also like to tell you want to be on the in crowd, because there's there's the there's the food that you know, and then there's the in crowd that knows some other things like Monte Cristo sandwich. Is there something you can get at One Oakfield when you go to a Drillers game and you're not gonna find it in irregular stand. You gotta go to the ice cream hut, right, get to get this and it is there's only so many and when they're gone, they're gone, They're gone.
Speaker 9: Yes, So this is if you had a Monte Cristo. We make it our own special way with our funnel cake. So it's made out of the funnel cake there with all the meats inside, all the homemade jam, everything, the powder on top of it. I had want to bite the other day. It is fantastic. That was gonna be my backup if you were asking me two foods there the Philly cheese steak and the Monte Cristo, or the two that are on the top of my list right now.
Speaker 3: Tulsa Drillers Baseball happening at One Oakfield. I'm gonna go ahead and say it. Maybe the best week all year of the season is going to be happening right now between the giveaways, the way the guys are playing, and the weather makes you go down to one Oakfield and see the Drillers in action. Get your tickets Tulsa Drillers dot com. Justin thanks for coming by. I appreciate you.
Speaker 6: We'll be back.