Speaker 1: My Monday afternoon in the Tri State. Welcome again at the Bill Cunningham Show. Reds Baseball kicks off first pitch about six forty air time, about five forty tonight. As you may know, the Reds beat up on the Baltimore Orioles big time. Twenty forty to two. That's right, twenty four to two. They allowed us safety. That's all they allowed, as Baltimore went down hard than out back to five hundred. See what happens tonight in Miami. Three in Miami, then three in Colorado, and away we go. But this morning I had the very sad news the passing of Pope. The Pope has died and Francis is now in heaven. We got almighty we anticipate. And then he took over from Benedict who resigned in twenty thirteen. So Francis has been the Pope for about twelve years or so. And joining you and I now is Michael McDonald of the Catholic League in New York City. And Michael McDonald, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, give me your reaction on his passing earlier today.
Speaker 2: Hey, Bill Cunningham, great to be with you as always. Yeah, this is really sad news. You know, whenever holy man, especially as someone high ranking as Pope Francis, has died, as a moment for prayers and reflection, not only for the repose of his soul, but also for where the church goes from here. And just keep praying that the Holy ghost guides the cardinals to make the right decision in the coming weeks for the successor.
Speaker 3: I've seen the movie Conclave.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure it's going to go that way, but nonetheless, I watched Cardinal Dolan this morning who said that if one head of fashion his own demise, it would have been the way that this pope went out, Francis by having one last lap in the popemobile around Vatican Square and saying goodbye. I mean, he looked good enough to live, but we don't know the circumstances of death. No autopsies are ever performed, so we anticipate it was a respiratory failure.
Speaker 3: Give me the legacy.
Speaker 1: Looking back, the last thirty or forty years had Jeohn Paul the Second, with John Paul the First who was in office about a month, and John Paul the Second. Then it went to Benedict the German. And this was historical because Berglio from Rendzsaurus was perceived as a liberal. He was perceived they're going to change things, and he put his own imprint on the papacy. Many liberals thought, Okay, he's going to reprove the same sex marriage, or women can be priest, or priest can marry. A lot of those things did not happen. But I know many conservative Catholics who were not happy with his rule, and many liberals at times were not happy either. Did he live out when he was selected about twelve years ago in March at twenty thirteen, And if somebody could have looked over the last the next twelve years of his papacy in a way, did he anger both sides? Did he anger a little bit liberals and conservatives both?
Speaker 2: You know, Bill, I think that's actually probably the right take here, Pote Francis. For all the glowing reviews he got in the media, he did kind of struggle a little bit with both sort of wings of the Catholic Church, the more liberal, reform minded, very pro Vatican Two. Even the people that think Vatican Two didn't go far enough. They wanted to see obviously wanted to see more out of Pope Francis's tenure in the chair of Saint Peter. And then again on the more traditional side of things, he was not the most vocal champion of traditional morals. He pretty much just canceled the Latin mass across the church, kind of seemed to be butting heads a lot with the American cardinals, the American bishops, and some of he had, you know, again getting into the weeds a little bit on some of these reforms. Definitely did try to centralize power in himself and the Vatican really trying to move the ball, but the institution of the Church itself, it just kind of seemed to be a bit of a bridge too far to get a lot of these more reformist goals initiated. So yeah, it does sort of seem to be a bit of a checkered past. Probably didn't do enough from one side of the equation, probably did too much from the other side, but sort of left things somewhere in the middle, and now the Vatican's going to have to pick up the pieces and try and figure out which direction are we going to continue in sort of the mold of Francis and try and move things more in the direction of reform, or are we going to go with someone like Saint John Paul, the second Pope Benedict the sixteenth, who were much more of the traditionalist school of thought.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no question where we go from here.
Speaker 1: There was a hope by some that he would approve a priest to marry, which isn't a new concept, as Tony Bender knows, for the first one thousand years of our existence. But priest did marry and so that wouldn't have been a big deal. But women as priest that would be a much different situation. He also reached out to gay individuals who said that you are part of this church, which was a concern to some. He did not get into the transgender debate much about males and females, but just on the idea that priest can marry. Can you tell us why that would not be so revolutionary?
Speaker 2: Well, you know, as you pointed out, that there was a reform in the Middle Ages to put a stop to that, and at the time, the reasoning was that the church was losing control of the parishes themselves. The families were taking control of them and leaving it to their sons to continue running the church. So yeah, personally, I think that was probably the right thing to do at the time and probably something we should keep on the books for now. But just a real quick bill on the subject of transgenderismo. Francis actually was a little bit more vocal on the US at times, very very confusing, because the only stories that you really see about Pope Francis and the transgender question was he had a bunch of them over for dinner one night or breakfast in the Vatican, whatever it was. But in the past he's called it demonic, he has called the transgenderism a form of ideological colonization, and he has been a little bit more forcefullness. Just the left wing media was doing a lot to prop up their man and try and present him as the loving guy that was just really caring about poor people and was worried about climate change. But there are some things that traditionalists would actually appreciate about Pope Francis. But again, he was very prone to speaking off the cuff, very prone to just you know, suffering from jet lag, getting on the Vatican plane and saying and here's how I really feel about things, and not actually thinking through everything, which obviously created a lot of headaches for people working in the church.
Speaker 1: You know, one thing I've noticed sixty minutes even to the story on this about a year ago, the renaissance of Christianity, especially among the young. And they return to shall I say to the faith and that young people in the last election, this is certainly probably Trump's behavior is not the Pope's a favorite. But nonetheless there was a renaissance of the young turning toward more conservative values, which is why Trump was elected president. And now there's a renaissance of Christianity among colleges. There was this plaintive crime in Kentucky, Missouri elsewhere that colleges have a large group of practicing evangelistic Christians and or Roman Catholics, which I haven't seen before. I go to a little Catholic church here in Cincinnati called Saint Gertrude's and an Easter vigil. Penny and I had to get there at eight thirty to get a seat, and the proceedings to not begin to after nine pm Saturday night, and we were there until midnight, three hours, and there was young and old, and it was just a fabulous service put on by the Dominicans. It was wonderful, and I spoke to a couple of the priests thereafter. It was late, it was early in the morning in fact, But nonetheless there's a sense that Christian and Catholic schools are doing quite well. Have you sense some the Catholic Lake in New York City, Mike McDonald, a return to traditional values that we didn't think would happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, And there is a very interesting point on that. It does seem to be particularly the within the Catholic Church, the more traditional minded orders of nuns, the brothers, parishes, dioceses, they seem to be the ones that are doing the best in terms of preserving the faith and bringing in new people, growing the community. We actually did a report on this on Catholic League dot org probably about two years ago, comparing the Church in Germany and the Church in Nigeria. Church in Germany obviously very rich, richest diocese in the world. Church in Nigeria very poor. They're they're constantly being attacked by Muslim extremists, very hard times, but the Church in Nigeria is flourishing. The Church in Germany is dying off, and the Nigerians are very quick to hold two traditional values, whereas the Germans are you ready to jettisen in them for the next new thing. So that does seem to be a trend. And even in the Christian community more broadly, even though within the evangelical circles, the more traditionally minded evangelical pastors, their churches are the ones that are growing that they are actually the ones with the young families in them. Whereas you look at the mainline Protestants like the Episcopalians, you got a bunch of white haired people that are you know, just sitting in God's waiting room. The churches are slowly dying, very very sad deaths, and so there there is something to this. And you know, the return of Trump to the White House definitely that more traditional mind is attitude, particularly young people reverting to their faith going back in greater numbers. This is definitely going to have a massive impact on society moving forward. It's unfortunate that Pope Francis was kind of the urch nemesis within the Catholic Church anyway, of the more traditional stuff. You's vehemently opposed to Latin Mass and things of that nature. So a lot of these things kind of seem to happen in spite of Pope Francis's leadership.
Speaker 1: And one thing is next well, one thing in the media there is the obliteration of Christianity and Catholics buried alive, tortured. The Muslim attacks on Catholics happening all over Africa is not well reported. You've seen some of the videos. I've seen some of the videos. People are being killed because of their faith. That would never happen in Germany. It would never happen in France. And in fact, most of the churches and cathedrals in France are like tourist attractions. They're not real churches, even Notre Dame Cathedral as a tourist attraction because the practice is almost non existent. Now, lastly, before I let you go, Mike McDonald of the Catholic League.
Speaker 3: Who's the next Pope?
Speaker 1: I saw the movie Conclave and they selected someone that, shall we say, an amorphi dite or something like that from Afghanistan?
Speaker 3: Do you see that happening?
Speaker 1: That We're going to have some conclave in about two weeks and there's going to be two hundred and fifty two cardinals, but only one hundred and thirty eight or electors one hundred and thirty eight or so, they're going to be in the Sistine Chapel. And what's the early pick for the Pope.
Speaker 2: H s bill? Your guest is as good as mine just looking around at how it went last time with the election of Pope Francis. Even Patty Power, the famous gambling website, they didn't even give outs on They didn't give odds on fantas. As we know from writing the elections, typically the gamblers tend to predict the outcome much more accurately than the pollsters do, and so they couldn't get it. So this is really down to the guidance of the Holy Ghost here. Looking at even last time, just looking at the headlines, I found one mention of Pope Francis Cardinal Bogoglio in anything, and I think it was the Guardian said, you know, he came in second to Pope Benedict the sixteenth, so he's probably not going to do anything in this time, Clay. But next thing, you know, he's the elected guy. But yes, I'm fairly certain that it's not going to have a surprise twist at the ending with some hermaphrodite getting elected and like they did, in Hollywood and now that that was just a bizarre They just were ripping on us.
Speaker 3: Bizarre.
Speaker 1: I'm watching this, I'm thinking the political training at Satura. Of course, the websites are out with some of the names being mentioned. There's no chance I would assume a Cardinal Dolwan getting the gig.
Speaker 3: Is that correct?
Speaker 2: You know? I don't think so. I mean, most people don't know this, but at the age of seventy five, the bishops are supposed to send in their letter of resignation, and Cardinal Dolan just turned seventy five in February, so it's probably probably a little too old, which is unfortunately. He did a lot of good things here in New York and we're lucky that we still have him. Hopefully we keep him a little bit longer, but it would be great to get an American hope in there, but probably I don't think it's in the cards this time.
Speaker 1: The media likes Cardinal or Robert Sarah. He's seventy nine years old, is a former Vatican official from Guinea. He's an African, he's black, and that's the favorite of the mainstream media. And if it's someone other than Italian or European. That would be a big surprise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, that'd be very interesting, and it is kind of odd to see Sarah's name getting floating around that. I mean, he is older than Dolwan, and I know that is something that they're going to be taken into consideration. But he's also very strong on the social issues, very forceful on the moral teachings of the church. So definitely not some that the mainstream media would like. I mean, they'll probably do the same thing, downplay that as much as possible anytime that Pope Francis. I mean, we can't even say. Some of the things that Pope Francis said about homosexuals in the church on radio, he would rip into them, but you would never hear a word about that in the mainstream media because he you know, he was there to fight global warming and do nice outreach to the homosexuals, and he really cared about poor people. Never Mind, he never said anything about moral teaching, and he did, to his credit, he did say some things a little convoluted, could have been a little bit clear, a little bit more forceful, But you know, the media just completely ignored those issues because they had a narrative that needed protecting at all costs, and unfortunately some of the good things that Pope Francis did kind of did get lost in that narrative. We'll see they'll probably try and do the same thing with Sarah, but he's actually much more of a traditional mindset. He is one of the great ap African prelates, and it's good the cardinals should give a lot of credence to the great things that the Church in Africa has done. As you were mentioning that they're besieged by Islamic extremists and yet somehow their communities are still flourishing when martyrdom is generally the price that people do have to pay to be a Christian in Africa, So that's they're doing the Lord's work there and maybe we do need someone with that sort of mindset back in the Vatican, kind of taking us back to the older days when Christians were thrown into the lions den eating alive.
Speaker 1: And Cardinal Sarah has been called the Clarence Thomas of the papacy, So I don't imagine the Liberals have much to do with Clarence Thomas, and that's Cardinal Sarah.
Speaker 3: We'll see what happens JD.
Speaker 1: Vance, who goes to my church by the way, Saint Gertrud's and Madeira. We saw the pope that day or two before he died, and that some have remarked that maybe Donald Trump is going to take over the papacy and appoint JD.
Speaker 3: Vance. Can we say, can we say that that's a long shot? Draft Kings, I.
Speaker 2: Think that's but I think that one's a bit of a long shot. But you know, we live in a strange times, so you don't have to be.
Speaker 3: A priest to be you might have to be a priest to be the pope, right, anybody could be the pope? So why why this was?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was actually one of the things that I forget, which vasking counsel. They had to tighten this up. But yeah, it used to pretty much be just whoever it was from the wealthiest noble family in Rome could get their offspring elected, male offspring elected to the papers. Here again another great reform that the Catholics did back in the day to really make sure that we're adhering to the actual word of God.
Speaker 1: So we'd bet against it, but you know, otter things have happened. But we'll see what occurs. But once again, Michael McDonald, there's going to be several days of morning, nine days, and then the conclave gets together, called by the Secretary of State, so to speak, of the Vatican, and maybe in two or three weeks we'll have white smoke and not black.
Speaker 3: We'll see what happens.
Speaker 1: And Mychael McDonald of the Catholic League, once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 3: Mike, you're a great American.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Thank you, Bill, You're a great American as well.
Speaker 3: God bless you.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more kind of broke up Michael McDonald there with Trump taking over the Vatican and apporting JD Vance, it's possible, it's possible. Keep hope alive on News Radio seven hundred WLW Noll right, Billy Cunningham, the Great America. And of course today's the Easter egg roll in the White House, and we have coming up after one o'clock today, Scott Powell about the significance of Easter et cetera. Also the death of Pope Francis earlier today, plus what's happening in Cincinnati's a concern locally of great concern to you and me and other Great Americans. Ken Coober, head of the FOP, was on with Scott Sloan this morning talking about the regular circumstances that happen at the banks after dark and Dave, with your permission, hit it.
Speaker 4: You go down there midnight, one o'clock in the morning, and you'll see the people that are there that are just knowing around waiting to find the victim. You're not seeing people going you know, the criminal element art, you know, going in and out of bars.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 4: They're not going to restaurants. They just hang out there, smoke weed and wait for their next victim.
Speaker 3: Kind of sad.
Speaker 1: And when I read the story about what happened Saturday night and Cincinnati Police Lieutenant Jonathan Cunningham, I mighty had not related to me. Happened about ten thirty pm Saturday night, and the victim, identified as Andre Harris, spoke about the incident. He said that he arrived at the bank Saturday night after going to a concert and left his wallet inside the Cornerstone Market earlier that night, around the corner from Ruth's christ and after achieving it, retrieving his wallet from the market and leaving the store, a man with a face mask approached him and quickly raised a gun, pointing it directly at Harris, and at that point Harris said he the shooter fired first. Harris said he thought the gunman fired two shots, but police said witnesses claimed the gunman had fired four times, likely semi automatic, and the casings are on the ground. Harris said he was shot once in the foot and that was part of the bullets still there. Surveillance villea video shared by the owner of the corner the market shows that Harris running away after three shots rang out. Harris can be seen with his gun. The victim had a gun in his hand, and cops arrived and I'm looking at the police right now. They're hearing shots fired. It's right there. Police are everywhere, and the thinking that Harris was the perpetrator, which one would reasonably assume that's the case, ordered him to drop to his knees, release the weapon, and his get on the ground.
Speaker 3: Harris.
Speaker 1: The victim, Andre Harris, quickly complied, telling police I've been shot. He explained to them that he can't remember what the gunman looked like. He was wearing a mask, and Harris says, I hope it's a case of mistaken identity. I have no reason to feeling anyone would target me. I had not one clue why someone will would want to shoot me. The owner of the corner market told police that at the time the police were standing several yards away when the shooting took place. They locked down the banks and areas close to those stores for numerous hours. Is to try to find out who did it, and at this point, as of what twelve forty two today, no one's been apprehended of. More troublesome is that Ken Kober, who knows where the bodies are buried, representing some one thousand cops say this is a common event, it's normal, it's average, it's not unusual, and he said it gets very dangerous at the banks when sundown, hundreds hang out smoking weed and doing other things. Looking According to ken Kober, the policeman for his next victim, who will be the next victim. This comes on top of many other incidents, including a short vine. You may recall we had this on We discussed this last week with ken Kober and others. There was a man named Kyle Merrick who was simply standing outside of a bar in the evening time looking at his phone and a fifteen year old whose name can't be released, I guess we have to protect his innocence, came up to him stuck a gun in his belly, and Kyle Merrick, the victim, responded by pushing him off, pushing him away and grabbing for his own weapon, which he had legally carried. Shots were exchanged. Kyle Merrick was hit two or three times, may have on the county corner later on to discuss it, and he was able to get several shots off and hit the fifteen year old. This is a kid that should be a freshman in high school. Kyle Merrick is twenty five years old. He was transported to UC Medical where he died and the teen, the so called teen, has been shot at least seven times. The teen eventually had been taken out of the courtroom for proceedings because he was in such pain. And according to Ken Coober Sergeant Cober last week, this fifteen year old teen whose name cannot be released, had numerous previous criminal encounters, including a firing at a house, numerous robberies, aggravated burglaries, and this kid's fifteen years old and right now he's locked up. The prosecutor's office is going to try him as an adult, they.
Speaker 3: Hope, but don't know.
Speaker 1: It's got to be bound over by juvenile court Judge Carrie Bloom and juvenile court. She seldom binds over these kids, thinking that can be shall we say, rehabilitated in juvenile court. And this comes on the sentencing of Justin Dugan, seventeen year old, who was sentenced on his eighteen year olds in the murder of Benjamin Addison last March UC student in Mount Auburn. There was two persons involved in that and that armed robbery resulting in a murder. One was the least culpable. Was given four months of probation and he did not fire the weapon. Justin Dugan did. It was seventeen when he murdered Benjamin Addison. He's now eighteen years old, which was a classic arm robbery felony murder. You're committing a felony, which is the theft of an auto vehicle, and during the commission of the felony, someone is killed. That's called felony murder. That's called aggravated murder. But new prosecutor said, no, it's not aggravated murder. It's a voluntary manslaughter. Voluntary manslaughter is the unintentional killing of another caused by the provocation of the victim. Now what this is is a is an aggravated murder. It's a murder charge. It's not a voluntary manslaughter causing the death of another brought on by the provocation of the victim. I'm not sure what Benjamin Addison did, but whatever it was, he didn't bring about his own death, and for one reason or another, prosecutor's office decided to lower the charge from aggravated murder right through murder on the voluntary manslaughter. Received twenty one years in jail, and Dugan is now eighteen years old, been locked up for several months, so he'll be out after eighty five months a good time. He'll be out when he's thirty seven or thirty eight years old. I would anticipate to commit more armed robberies, more regaated murders that may be broken down. And lastly, police officer told me on Saturdays, you may know, there were protests, the hands off protests against Donald Trump, well organized by the radical left, and quite often the protesters are paid to be there and at wanted the so called protests mayrift have. Pirival was present shutting down streets in downtown Cincinnati for the so called marchers and protesters. The march and protest. It wasn't at Washington Park anymore, which is a confined area, but this protest poured on the city streets and the police were told to shut down streets. You may know that when a march or a protest takes place, like the Saint Patrick's Day parade or whatever, the parade organizers file a petition of request to shut down certain streets certain periods of time, they pay for security, and away you go. In this case, there was no permit process by which those so called protesting Donald Trump's policies, which are proven yet to be greatly successful, that there was no permit filed. In other words, they were trespassing on city streets. That's called criminal trespass. And the mayor of Cincinnati, you have to appear Ofval was marching with them, and the police officers, some twenty five or thirty were present. One of them told me they were told not to approach the mayor or anyone else because just let it go. It's a minor matter. It's called criminal trespass. But if you or I and a group of our friends decided to shut down some street or highway without permission to do so, that we likely would get arrested. But how do you arrest somebody with the mayor after piraval is heading up the protest. On top of that, there were incidences over the weekend in the Clifton area which on Saturday night especially, we're large numbers were smoking marijuana, shall we say, outdoors openly without consequence? Cops have said, including ken Kober, Sergeant ken Kober, we're told by the city administration not to cite anyone and not to ask them to put out their cigarettes they're marijuana SIGs, because we don't enforce those laws anymore.
Speaker 3: Well, what laws do you enforce?
Speaker 1: Don't enforce marijuana possession laws in public, smoking in public, which is a crime. We don't enforce criminal trespass laws because after all, the mayor is heading up the protest.
Speaker 3: What do we do?
Speaker 1: And when it comes to schmail park and OTR until lecture at the bank, since we're hundreds of youths gather to openly smoke pot. I've asked police officers who are president at the scene, why not go up to these kids that are smoking marijuana openly and tell them put out your pot. You can't do that, he said. We're told not to enforce marijuana loss even though it's against the law. And I don't know what to say other than the shattered glass theory ought to work, that you begin by the small stuff and metastasized to the big stuff. We haven't got to the warm days of summer yet. When real crime takes place in and around the Banks area and OTR and around TQL, it's a regular event shootings. In fact, Channel nineteen a few years ago did a shot spot or check on how many shots are fired in the city of Cincinnati every year. We're not talking about Hamilton County or Kenton County or Boone County. How many shots are fired? And shot spotter kept track and one year there was more than twenty thousand shots fired. And the city of Cincinnati, which is what north to south might be about seven miles east to west, the core area is about four miles. Very small area. Twenty thousand shots are fired and very few hit their mark, thank god. On the incident on Short Vine, several shots were fired and Kyle Merrick is dead and the fifteen year old perpetrator was shot seven times and he'll face charges of some character. There's some doubt whether Judge Kerry Bloom and Juvenile Court will bind over because she's a liberal activist wearing a black robe. Who knows what our juvenile court is lost? And throw on top of that, what happened a Saturday night after a concert, twenty two year old Andre Harris was shot several times by a robber who identified him. I would imagine he may have saw him pick up his wallet from the stone Market there and thought it would be an easy pigeon, so he stuck a gun in his belly. Then all hell broke loose. So I tell those around me, and I tell you on several issues, this is like gun smoke. There's this large numbers of individuals walking around to try to take property from you and kill you now, and almost every circumstance the victim complies, and when you don't comply, And I don't blame the victims for not complying. I don't think Kyle Merrick, when he was murdered on Short Vine, had thought, oh, I'm gonna go out tonight and I'm gonna be murdered. I gotta be careful what I do. But if the incidents take place, put your hands up and say what do you want? Give the robber, give the give the thief whatever he wants, give it to him. And if you're in your vehicle and you see it being stolen, to not chase down anybody. You can replace a Hyundai, but you can't replace a human life. We must be prepared for these incidents, beginning with don't put yourself in a circumstance where you're in an area where these things might take place. You know, I've not been down to the banks in Shmall Park after dark on a weekend night, have you? I would say the answer is probably not. But ken Kober, sergeant says that a few hundred youth are looking shots fired repeatedly, people or shot and killed and wounded, and they're looking for their next victim. And if the next victim is you, prepare yourself mentally to understand what you should do if this happens. Put your hands up and say what do you want? I'll give you whatever you want. Then proceed slowly to give the robber whatever he or she wants, because your life is not worth a one hundred dollars bill. That's where we are today. It's sad and it's sick, and I give great props to those in the city trying to stop it. You got to try to do something youth violence, things of this Reverend Mingo. Whatever it takes, get out there, whatever it takes to lessen it, to make it less culturally acceptable, it must be done. There's a very few number of individuals committing disproportionate offenses. At CPS. There's about what thirty five thousand kids. There's about about twenty thousand or so African American males, and the great majority of them would have nothing to do with crime, zero, zilch, nada.
Speaker 3: It's a very.
Speaker 1: Small number who listen to the culture and act out certain fantasies, and you're going to be victimized. I would also encourage you not to lock your Have nothing of value in your car and don't lock it because a thousand dollars a window gets expensive. So leave nothing of value in your car and leave it unlocked. And those who go in, and if you happen to come upon someone inside your car, back away and do nothing.
Speaker 3: Call police. They may come, they may not come.
Speaker 1: But if you're a police officer today, you know what, You're not incentivized to enforce the law. Yours truly have walked around Washington Park, OTR quite a bit, dozens of times, because my family's roots go deep into the soil of Washington Park. It is common to see dozens of individuals smoking pot openly, and I've asked one or two cops, how come you don't cite those marijuana users. We're told not to. So when the law is disregarded completely at small levels, it becomes bigger and more dangerous at all levels. So that's where we are. And guess what, it's not going to change once again. I get props to Damon Lynch and to Reverend Mingo and others are seeking to change a little bit. What's happening. The great majority of kids who go to cps want nothing to do with violence. The great majority. Joe Dieters often says that there's between five hundred and one thousand kids who believe in the system who should be in the system for what they've done criminally. But the great majority have nothing to do with crime. In fact, they're the victims of crime. So let's continue with more after one o'clock today will be Scott Powell about the importance of Easter. This is the first day after Easter. The Easter egg role is this afternoon in the White House. And after two o'clock today will be Julie Gunlock of the Independent Women's Form and more. Reds Baseball kicks off about five forty. First bitch about six forty. We'll see what happens. Hopefully the Reds won't be shut out the next three games as they were the last time. They scored a bunch of runs. Bill Cunningham seven hundred WW by Billy Cunningham. The Great American, of Course, is a column written by the Great Scott Powell. I read a lot of his stuff at town Hall dot com and elsewhere. And the column the headline is this Easter the resurrection of Jesus transformed the world forever. And there's a couple of classic sentences he put together, Scott Powell. One is that no other religion makes the claim they were founded by a messiah, makes Jesus the most revolutionary figure in American history. And all the other religions had those who the prophets who had passed away, but Jesus didn't. He did die, he was resurrected, and he's in heaven above and is unique in many reasons, one of which is we time the world history from the moment of his birth. This is twenty twenty five versus another important thing. Scott Powell, Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. So tell me about your column, The Resurrection of Jesus transformed the world forever. Why did that happen?
Speaker 5: Well, it happened because since the fall of Man, life has been distorted. People have had all kinds of problems, and people need to be saved. You know, we need a savior. I opened the article by you know, relating to the recurring theme in Western literature and modern classics as such as Superman and Disney Originals, revolve around the struggle between good and evil and the need and critical role for a rescuer or a savior. And everybody relates to that theme, right, everybody does. Well, guess what, we ourselves a need need a savior because you know, we're flawed and we're you know, we're subject to temptation to do the wrong thing. We don't always treat people the way we should. I mean, there's all kinds of areas in our lives where we're just efficient, can't seem to get it fixed, try as we will, the reality is that we can't. And all the other religions, all of them are based on works. You know, in order to get elevated spiritually, you have to perform certain works, certain rituals, and so forth. Christianity is unique because its orientation is not on ourselves, but it's outward. And it turns out that it isn't works that open this relationship to Jesus Christ. It is simply acknowledging our sin, acknowledging that we're flawed, and that Christ stood in our place, if you will, and gave up his life. He sacrificed his life to justify us before God. And as we accept Jesus as our Lord and savior, then we have this open relationship with God.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the historical character, because the skeptic, the atheist, someone who says, well that this was a fanciful tale. There's no evidence that he ever existed, nothing he ever wrote has ever been discovered. There's pictures, maybe the shout of turn. I think it's remarkable, but give the history as to why. Objectively, the existence of Jesus Christ of Nazareth is real.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, Skeptics of the biblic account of Jesus simply have to come to terms with the fact that there is more reliable historical evidence for his life, teachings, miracles, death, and resurrection than there is evidence for any other historical figure of ancient times. You know. Consider, for instance that the authenticity of Alexander the Great, who was born some three hundred and fifty years before Christ, is based on only two original biographical accounts of his life by people named Arion and Plutarch. But they they didn't write this for some four hundred years after Alexander died. And then you could take Virgil and Horace, very famous poets. The manuscripts of Virgil and Horace, both of them lived within a generation of Christ, were written more than four centuries after their deaths. Yet no one doubts Virgil and Horace lived and authored great poetic masterpieces. Similarly, the historical record of Alexander the Great is unquestioned. But the reliability, let's simplify it. How do we get to the reliability of ancients? How can we be sure about things? Well, there's three variables, and the reliability of ancient history is determined by the number of eyewitness accounts of the events. These are eyewitness accounts, people saw what was happening. And then there's the lapse of time between the eyewitness accounts and the written record of those accounts. So the shorter the time, the better more reliable it is. And then there's the number we're talking about ancient history two thousand years you know, we were living, you know, two thousand years after Christ. Then there's the number of surviving manuscripts of that written record. So three things. Again, eyewitness accounts, laps of time between the eyewitness accounts and the written record, and then the number of surviving manuscripts of that written record. So if we look at the big picture, they're about one thousand times more manuscripts preserving the deeds and teachings of Jesus in the New Testament, which are about twenty five thousand. Then there are preserving other classical ancient works. And you can pick other people other than you know, Alexander the Great or Virgil and Horse. There's plenty of others you could do the same thing with. There's twenty five about twenty thousand surviving manuscripts that preserve jesus teachings. The next closest is Homer's Iliad. That but that's only back by eighteen hundred manuscripts. That that's still less than one tenth the number of ancient manuscripts that back to the authenticity of Jesus's life.
Speaker 3: So how many years?
Speaker 1: How many years went by from the events themselves and those who watched them to the time they were written they were written down? How many years.
Speaker 5: Passed in the case of Jesus, that's the that's the incredible thing. These they were written down within a generation or two of Jesus' life p.
Speaker 3: Four hundred years. Like Alexander the Gray, everyone says the exist.
Speaker 5: All the others. Remember, history was an oral tradition. Most things were an oral tradition in those days. There weren't that many scribes, but many of the many of the ancient people that we revere, and we don't even question their authenticity. The reality is is that they their written record is four hundred years old after the eyewitness account or after the actual you know, the poetic works that were read and they were oral and heard by people, but it wasn't really written down for four hundred years. And yet we don't doubt that Virgil and Horace lived and wrote these wonderful things. But in the case of Jesus, there were four different accounts known as the Gospels, Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, and they weren't written hundreds of years later, but within a generation or two of jesus life. Now apostles Matthew and John, they provide eyewitness accounts from their years walking with Jesus as his disciples, and that was about a three year period. Mark also had eyewitness experience, but he was only a teenager during the public ministry of Jesus. And Luke fourth he was the famous doctor, and he learned about Jesus from his friend Paul, who was the primary apostle who wrote most of the letters of the New Testament.
Speaker 6: So this is.
Speaker 5: Unique to Jesus. And yet many people doubt Jesus, doubt the existence, the life, the history, everything about Jesus more than they would doubt, you know, like Alexander the Great or other historic figures.
Speaker 3: Well, I's got the dead states.
Speaker 5: They would believe all of Roman history before they believe the account of Jesus.
Speaker 1: Now, why is that because you have Roman history, there's some of them was written down, but the existence of Jesus had thousands and thousands of references at the time. And in fact, his name was was discovered somewhere on a block of grant stone in and around Jerusalem. But no one doubts that Julius Caesar existed. No one doubts that. But they doubt Jesus. They doubt his existence. Why is that? Is it a lack of faith? Is it to prove?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 5: There's problem? There are probably a number of reasons. But there are some people that are so you know, there's there there somewhat unwilling to submit or surrender to a higher authority. God is the highest authority, right, and Jesus was his son. Jesus and God are really are really are really God. Because Jesus was one with God, he had all the power of God. We know the miracles he did and so forth. And people have a hard time to, you know, submitting, They want to They think they want to be free to do whatever they want. Well, the reality is is that God does want us to be happy, fulfill having meaningful lives. But there are certain, you know, boundaries that we need to operate within, and when we do, life goes a lot better. And you know, and the Jews had this right, going all the way back to Abraham and Moses, particularly Moses, who who's really authored the Mosaic law, if you will, the Ten Commandments anyway, which are the main part of the Mosaic Law. There are many more laws beyond the Ten Commandments. But Jews were having a very hard time living up to all of these. Life was very you know, complicated, and and and people rested out over not being able to live up to all these these laws and regulations, if you will, in their lives. And so one of the Pharisees said to Jesus at some point, he said, he said, Rabbi, of which of the of the Mosaic law, which of the laws is the greatest? And of course there are so many of them. And you know what Jesus answered, very simple answer. He said, if you love God with all your heart and soul, and you love your neighbor as yourself, you will have fulfilled all of the laws. And this is unique to Christianity. The focus of Christianity is outward, it's not inward. It's not you know, doing the mantra and getting one with yourself and so forth. It is, it is outward, it is loving other people, it's serving other people. You know, you could encapsulate it by the golden rule. You you want other people to do under you as as you want to do unto others as you would have them do.
Speaker 1: On that and Scott po before we get to the critical part. For me, I'm a practicing Roman Catholic, and uh I find my religion a source of great strength. How do we know the resurrection took place? How do we know that this wasn't some fable in order to confirm the divinity of the Christ because he was dead, that the spear was thrown into it pushed into his lung, into his heart, water and blood came out. How do we know he resurrected from the dead. How do we know that?
Speaker 5: Well, we we know it from from the eyewitness testimonies, and there there were you know, quite a quite a number of those. As a matter of fact, Well, there's a couple of things that I think are worth noting. First, First, Jesus is the only people, only person all in all of human history who who was There were prophecies about his coming as much as a thousand years before Jesus appeared in the world, David was prophesying that this Messiah would be crucified. I mean, and that's at a time when crucifixion didn't even exist.
Speaker 1: Different eighteen different prophets who talk about Jesus.
Speaker 5: Micah actually predicted that Jesus would be born in Bethlehem. He names Bethlehem, And this is hundreds of years before Jesus right now, how is that possible that that didn't happen with anybody else? As far as we talk in.
Speaker 1: Scott, I find your column on townhall dot com. The critical piece of evidence is this, the crucifixion is among the worst ways to die. When I saw the movie The Passion of the Christ, it was awful, it was terrible, But the experts say it was much worse than that. And at the end, Peter denied the relationship with Jesus three times before the cock crowed. Three times he said, I don't know the guy. Now, would you say?
Speaker 3: No? One will die for something contrived or false. Seeing talking to and touching the risen Jesus transformed the apostles, who then committed to the rest of their lives and sharing the messages of salvation through Christ. And who would give their life be crucified upside down, be stoned to death, burned alive, skinned alive, if it was all alive, because if it ended at the at Calgary, if that was the end of it at Calvary and it didn't exist anymore, the only way these twelve and Matthias took the place of Judas would have given their lives is if it was a true fact that Jesus was resurrected.
Speaker 5: Well, it's very compelling, you know evidence, there's no doubt about that. You know, there still could be something that would be skeptical. But if you go back to what I said about about how we can understand you know, ancient history through those three variables. The number of I would accounts the lapse of time between those eyewitness accounts and the written record. And if the shorter it is, the more reliable it is. And then the number of surviving manuscripts of the written record. And these are because this is ancient two thousand years or more old. You know, there's no you know, nothing really survived, you know, as perfect parchment, I mean, you have you have fragments of works in terms of what has survived. But you know the written record, all of those variables put together make Jesus in a class by himself, and all.
Speaker 1: The disciples and all the apostles would now have given their life and be tortured and preached the word for decades thereafter. Only John lived a fruitful life at the end. But none would have given their life for a lie. And if Jesus was crucified and put in the tomb and never resurrect from the dead, this whole thing never would have got to start. Nobody would have given it, and unanimously. Not eight out of the twelve or six.
Speaker 3: Every one of them gave their life for something they saw, which was the resurrected Christ. Otherwise they wouldn't.
Speaker 5: Have asked me about the resurrection. So the New Testament provides accounts from multiple sources who witnessed Jesus firsthand. After the resurrection. Jesus made ten separate appearances during these forty days to his disciples between the resurrection and his ascension into heaven, which was about a period of forty days. Those appearances were the individual disciples. There were several disciples at the same time, and once Jesus was seen by five hundred people at one time. All of this, all of this is testified in the Gospels as having happened. And it's noteworthy that there were no accounts or witnesses who came forth and disputed these appearances or called it a hoax. That would certainly happen in modern times, but it didn't.
Speaker 3: Happen back then, because they saw me, they saw him, that's right.
Speaker 5: Nor is there any record of any witness accounts that were contradictory.
Speaker 3: Scott. We got to run up against the clock get the article everywhere. Easter.
Speaker 1: The resurrection of Jesus transformed the world forever. Scott Powell, once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Scott, you're a great American. Thank you very much. Thank you, Bill, God bless you. Let's continue with more. No one is going to give their life for a lie. Not unanimously. All twelve Matthias took the place of Judas. If it was all a lie, they would not have spent the rest of their life spreading the word about Jesus. And secondly they were massacred in horrible ways. The truth will set you free. Bill Cunningham on seven hundred wulw real one.
Speaker 8: Marte swings, launches it high deep down the left field line.
Speaker 3: It is gone.
Speaker 8: That is a grand slam just inside the left field foul poll for Noel v. Marte and the Reds have put up twenty against the Orioles. Today it is twenty to one Red.
Speaker 5: Hello, Piet, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 2: God.
Speaker 7: Our job every day is to try to kick somebody's ass. I mean, that's why we're here.
Speaker 3: Well, he kicked both cheeks yesterday, would you agree? Kicked Memorial for two? Now if you I thought they were going to score thirty at one point, what's the all time record about it? Because that one dude, that mateo or something that was pitching, he was just throwing it out. He might as well throw it under underhand baseball heaven. Oh but Marte hit that one to the next county. But didn't they do this? Similarly? About three weeks ago, two weeks ago, Willie thirty five consecutive innings without a run over five games. That was after the what was it fourteen to one win over Texas.
Speaker 1: So in two games they scored like thirty six runs. Right then for like thirty seven innings scored nothing now tonight's the test in Miami got them.
Speaker 3: Randy Johnson, Daddy lododo you, daddy got more motivation than ever. Marlin's are nine and twelve. They lost five to six. They avoided a sweep though over the weekend he beat the Phills on Sunday. One of the better players, Griffin co nine, the son of Jeff co nine, gone sixty day I l with a dislocated shoulder. He was hurt on Saturday on. So one of their best players is gone. And uh, what the Red Legs are gonna do? You take Miami and then take Colorado? Between those two, those those teams stink. They got to win five of six. Do you agree? Yes? Please contine?
Speaker 7: And what about our job every day is to try to kick somebody's ass.
Speaker 3: I mean that's why we're here. What about Hunter Green got roughed up, but then look what happened the next Look what happened the next day. I mean he can't he can't go out, He can't go out and no runs, three hits, no eighteen strikeouts every every time out. I mean, come on, pitcher in baseball will leave the stoot reporters approud service. Every local Tamestar Heating and air Conditioning dealers Tamestar Quality UKNDFEEL. In Cincinnati, colwayoming Erratt won eight eight, eight, nine, nine six h v a C twenty four to two. Yesterday will He had twenty five hit attack. The Reds went fifteen to twenty five with runners in scoring position, a record. Now Austin Wins, the backup catcher, only made the club out of spring training because Tyler Stevenson opened on the il fifth Red since nineteen hundred to score to record six hits in a game, the first since Philip Irvin in twenty nineteen. Left Fielder Wins also becomes the sixth catcher primary position to pull off a six hit feat game in MLB history. The last one to do it was Paul Laduka in two thousand and one, played for the Mets. Two other Reds catchers have done it. Who are they? Walker Cooper in nineteen forty seven, you were led to Cooper fly and Ernie Lombardi Ernie thirty nine in the year of the Great Flood thirty seven, Bengo Novelie isn't in thirty seven, I don't know. We were underwater. Good point, Go ahead, Novellie Marte added five hits, including a grand slam off a Hordey Mateo terrible wins in Marte the first pair of Red's teammates with five hits each in the same game since Veda Pinson and Hall of Famer Frank Robinson in nineteen fifty. What were their number segment? Veda Pinson was twenty eight and Frank Robinson was I had it right there in my tip ony twenty. By the way, Frank Robinson didn't come up till fifty six. Didn't you just say fifty fifty nine? He said, you said fifty I said fifty nine. You did. All right, We're gonna look at the never ch eleven Walks match, the most of the Reds had since twenty twenty against the White Sox. Fan of Pinson was my favorite Reds player at that time. You were a good player. Twenty eight. And after that came Bobby Tolan, remember him, not bad? Hurt his achilles though, yep, and then throw in the chief and throw in Eric Davis. Doesn't get any better than that. Not bad. Let's see. The most twenty five hits were the most since May of nineteen ninety nine against Colorado tied for six most in Red's history. I mean this is I mean, how did this happen?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: Well, because I guess because the Oriole stink. And what about l A Day La Cruz aka Superman that you will not see another catch of that magnitude this year. I let's put it right now, nine feet nine feet reach, unbelievable, unbelievable down in the catch down the left field line. They have a transition. A transition you mean transaction transgender? Yeah, okay, let's see Lodolo is off the fraternity list. Randy Winn, who came on, got a fleeing flight yesterday morning at seven am to get the Baltimore wherever Louisville was. He got to pitch three and he's got his first career save. He's back in Louisville. Good job. Yeah, And how about Brett Souter, the man of bowler getting it done? Not bad? All I can say is hopefully the Reds will use this as motivation to hit the ball. The next two series should be won. I think the Reds are favorite in every game in Miami, in every game in Colorado. They really I think Colorado has won three games this year. They stink and their uniforms look goofy too. The Reds promoting Chase Burns from High A to Double A Chattanooga already here he comes, Chaser number two overall pick at A twenty twenty four draft and three High A outings, three oh nine e RA and twenty punch outs. Not bad. He'll be here by August three. Uh ERA is not good, though, is it did? It'll get lower Reds and Marlins. Tonight welly five forty Sports Talk, Arnell Carriers Inside Pitch, then Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Inning Show after the game. Now the University of Cincinnati Bearcats two commits in one hour. They need it. A little while ago they need it. UCF center Mustafa Thium has committed to UC out of the transfer portal. Seven footer, he has a wingspan of seven foot six seven feet six inches, about as about as wide as this room. He's at a senegal ten points or six rebounds a game in his freshman year with in Orlando. Then the Bearcats and West Miller get former Baylor guard Jason Jalen Celestine out of the transfer portal. He hit thirty eight percent from three. He spent three years at Cow Kentucky's gonna get Denzel Aberdeen from the world chair or the NCAA champion Florida Gators. Is he related to Denzel Washington? No, not really. Bengals Update brought to you by Good Spirits and Party Town thirteen locations in Northern Kentucky. First day of offseason workouts. Everybody's there, nobody, nobody, everybody's there, so calm down. NFL Draft starts a three day run Thursday night at Beautiful Green Bay. They're calling for good weather, unusual green Bay seven under WLW Stone statements. NFL Draft Spectacular Thursday Night begins at six live from the Holy Grail with Lance Rock Chickster, everybody, AE and everyone. What's the number one thing the Bengals need? Do you think it's presented by Ortho? Since the Orthopedics and Sports Medicine and Emory Federal Credit Union seventeenth pick overall, I would go with an offensive lineman. Okay. Plus it also depends that Duke Tobin was just talking to the media. They're open to trades and there's nothing new about the Trey Hendrickson matter. Nothing new, nothing new. Well, he's under contract for one more year right now. Is he going to say no to like twenty two million dollars. Is he gonna play one more year? Doesn't he have to? I guess, Oh yeah, I mean if you sit out, so you still have rights with the Bengals for one more year. Gotta play. Congrats to the Xavier women's tennis team winning their fifth straight Big East championship over the weekend, beating Villanova and Xavier gets an automatic bid to the ncaah A Tennis Championships. That's good. How many you see men as basketball? Have some sense that Miller has a team to coach. Well, he's got two good guys right there? So far? Do you have hope? There's always hope. And and of course Duke Star Cooper Flag is getting out of Tobacco road. He's declared for the twenty twenty five draft to be the projected number one pick. Looks like he's headed to who stinks the most in the NBA? Washington The Wizards think do they? I thought was Dallas, Well they stink, but Elas think is bad? Oh, I would think Washington or Carolina something like that. Charlotte, well, they're the worst teams. Good luck to you. Would you want to go to Washington DC to play basketball. No, No, FC Cincinnati wins its fourth in a row Saturday. Next up for the Orange and Blue is at home on this Saturday t QL Stadium against Sporting Kansas City and their first place correct Todd second place, second place, second place behind Charlotte. Well, we'll see what happens. See what the draft starts on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. We'll will we be there twenty four hours a day for those three days, every day, every just Thursday. What about Friday? No? What about Saturday?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Why not? First round is Thursday two and three, on Friday four through seven on Saturday. About what time would the Bengals pick be Thursday night? I would say around ten pm or something ten thirty and a round day offensive or defensive lineman or a stud linebacker. We need a stud linebacker. Would you agree? They need a few things and in a few kicker?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know, Money Mac Money Mac has issued some insufficient They're okay at quarterback, aren't they? Briefly? But money Mac wide receiver. I think they're all right, aren't they? Why can't we get a kicker? What about a running back? Goals? Well, we could use that they're not valuable supposedly, No, but you got to keep number nine upright and cleaning, keep them clean, being going with one in five, get the ball from nine to one and nine to five, and also play a little bit in the preseason, how about that? And then another one win early might those two or three four game you know, three or four games the beginning of the season. Yeah, then you then all of a sudden at the end of the year, you got to dig out of that hole. And you can't do it because then you need Houston to win, and then Pittsburgh to lose, and then the Rams to win, and then the Commanders to lose, and this team to win and that team to win, and you're in sake, who is worst beginning of season? The Bengals are the Reds you mean last year or anytime the last few years. Because the Reds right now are eleven eleven and were feeling good eleven eleven, I feel good about well, they lost what two out of three and to the Giants right to begin the season. Then they took two out of three, right, so I don't know, I mean, Bengals got to get off on a fast and two you know, what. I'll take that all day long. And if they they have a weaker schedule because they finished no more and three starts, those are a problem. Would you agree?
Speaker 1: I would say, so, now there's fourteen games, you got to go ten and four.
Speaker 3: In those games? Thank you. That gets a little difficult slightly in the National Football League. Lest they have a weaker schedule this year, correct, well, I hope so, haven't seen it yet. They they maybe going to Spain, they may be headed to Espadya.
Speaker 1: And if they are, they're going to be a visiting team, which is fine with me. I don't want to lose a home game at Leisia. Reese might go.
Speaker 3: Nuts, say you ready, they got to get that done. That's another issue. Trey hendrickson the stadium deal. Matt Huffman, the speaker is not too click keen on giving him a check for three hundred and fifty million dollars. Would you be, Yeah, you would be.
Speaker 1: I'll's continue with more after two o'clock today. What would July Gunlock of the Independent Women's Forum segment get me out of the student's report please? By the way, I want to acknowledge that Diamond Dave lives in Madisonville as a server at the Kenwood Country Club. And Diamond Dave is listening to me and listening to Bruce Roddy for thirty years. So if you know Diamond Dave telling me he's a great American seg man, give me out of the students report.
Speaker 3: Willye and Otter. What a happy birthday to one of our own, Todd Kurlis. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stooge Report.
Speaker 5: The whole town's battie about Cincinnati.
Speaker 3: What a team? What a team? What a team? We hope that's the case. Three in Miami, three in Denver, and then h O M E time back home. On seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 2: Win a thousand dollars entered this nationwide keyword on our website.
Speaker 4: Win.
Speaker 8: That's win.
Speaker 6: Enter it now.
Speaker 3: By Bill Cunningham, the Great America.
Speaker 1: Of course, Julie Gunlock, your frequent guests, would try to do this every month or two from the Independent Women's Forum dot org IWF dot org. And for those parents and for those sisters, for you, if you're a female type person or identify, shall I say as a female, I go to IWF dot org and it's got conservative viewpoints of women that point out some of the fallacies of governmental policies things of that character, and Julie Gunlock walcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 3: And someday soon.
Speaker 1: The US Supreme Court's hearing arguments, which I'm sure the opinion won't be released until June, about the requirement that parents be notified if their children are being taught in public schools issues and indoctrinated against their religious principles. I'm thinking about transgenderism or anti God, whatever it might be. There are many schools, especially in Colorado, that have laws that are going to say, you know what, if a parent does not cooperate completely with their child's transitioning to one of the other one hundred and seven genders, that somehow that's the reason to take the child away, And that hopefully the Supreme Court's going to rule by June that parents must be notified about teaching principles to their children against their religious principles. Can you first tell the American people what's happening in this area and how important that has to be to parents and others.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it is actually really frightening what is happening now. There are there is an effort in many states. There's most recently in Colorado, but there was an effort in Virginia and also California. Of course, the way of California is the way of Virginia to criminalize parents for objecting or having any concerns. And I'm talking, I mean you could literally voice the concern, and they want to criminalize that, meaning that if a parent says no to a child who wants to change their name and change their so called gender and identify as a transgender. There is no such thing as a transgender child. I want to be very clear there. But if they choose to identify as transgender and a parent objects to that and objects to a school changing the child's name or calling the child by the pronouns that they wish to be called, that parent can be charged with child abuse. What democrats want to do is add that to the list or CP of violations where a CPS agent can be called and brought to your home and your child taken away and potentially put in foster care.
Speaker 6: Again. If you object to your child's wish.
Speaker 9: To be transgender or be called by a different name or use different pronouns, it is absolutely orwellian and frightening and parents need to be aware that this is This is a very common belief among Democrats that is their job to protect children against their own parents, and their own grandparents and their wider family members. There is a very sort of well known case in Virginia and there's been some writing on it.
Speaker 6: It's called Sage's Law.
Speaker 9: This young woman named Stage, she decided that she was a transgender of girl.
Speaker 6: She was actually she wanted to be a man. That she decided she was transgender.
Speaker 9: Her school helped to transition her socially transition her. They never told the family. It turns out that this young girl was sex trafficked throughout the state. She ended up in Maryland. She was put in foster care. They would not let her parents or grandparents see her. It's an absolutely horrible case. And again if you look up Stage's Law, there was some reporting by.
Speaker 6: The federalists that was excellent. This could happen more commonly.
Speaker 9: We've already seen parental rights being taken away in California again now in Colorado, and so you know, if you're a parent anywhere in the country, be aware that Democrats are pursuing this. It is very frightening. And again parents should really know about it.
Speaker 1: Well when it comes to child cust disputes things in that character. Colorado's on the path many others. And it's interesting that in England, in Great Britain, the court ruled whatever court they have. That's the spositive of the issue about a week ago, that there are two genders.
Speaker 3: There's male and there's female.
Speaker 1: They're thirty years so to speak, ahead of us or behind us, depending on your perspective. But for twenty or thirty years, you could have a hormonal treatment, you could have gender reassignment surgery as children, and the system encouraged it and paid for it. And after this experiment for twenty or thirty years, England said, now wait a minute, this is wrong. It has terrible impacts on the child later on. It doesn't cure the psychiatric difficulties a child might have. In fact, it aggravates it. So explain what England did and how America will be there in ten to twenty years, hopefully quicker.
Speaker 3: But we're on the way.
Speaker 9: Well, look what was going on in England. It's actually happening here too. We've got cases of biological men, fully intact biological men simply saying simply declaring I am a woman and being transferred to women's prisons where women are then sexually attacked and raped. Some have become pregnant. It is an absolute catastrophe and I really if you're interested in this, you can look at uf dot org. We have a whole serious storytelling series on this that really tells pretty horrific stories of women that again that are in prison and having to share space with men, sometimes sells with biological men. And again all these men have to do is say you know, I'm a woman, and they will be transferred so and they can also receive cosmetic surgery, they.
Speaker 6: Can receive.
Speaker 9: Breast surgery and other surgeries in those jails at taxpayer expense. So this was happening in the UK. A lot of sort of famous cases actually in Scotland where where men were being housed with women in women's prisons. And finally a case went before the Supreme Court in England and the English Supreme Court.
Speaker 6: The England Supreme.
Speaker 9: Court ruled that a woman is known as the definition of woman is by her biological sex, the sex she was born with. This is the kind of thing that makes me shake my head and go am I living in the twilight zone because I cannot believe it actually has taken courts to say what is just common sense. But that is where we are, and you're absolutely right, this is going to have to happen. In the United States, IWF is working really hard to create what we call sort of sex specific language in state by state, and we have worked very hard to have some language codify that a woman is a biological woman in the stry. So we are working state by state and we've been quite successful. But again, we would welcome a Supreme Court action. Sadly, one of our Supreme Court justices doesn't actually even know what a woman is, so it likely will not be a unanimous vote if it comes to the United States Supreme Court. But in the UK they're moving ahead and we're very happy to see it.
Speaker 1: I kind of love these yard science. Science is real, well, biology is real, and gender is determined at the moment of conception, revealed at birth, maybe through a sonogram you might see the little stem there is okay, but is it is determined at conception and revealed at birth. And anything that says something the contrary is contrary to science. Contrary to biology contrary to nature.
Speaker 6: Right, you know, and you know, and Billy.
Speaker 9: What's so sad too, is that there's a common thing, especially among libertarian uh commentators and writers, that oh, you know, adults should be able to do whatever they want to do.
Speaker 6: And look, I really think that we.
Speaker 9: Need to understand that there are mentally ill males and mentally women frankly in this country who are removing.
Speaker 6: Completely healthy body parts.
Speaker 9: They're removing organs, they're removing their breast, they're removing their genitalia, they are altering themselves. I don't know under what in what world that is acceptable that we allow people. I mean, what if you're born and you say, you know, I really should be blind? Should we allow people to poke their eyes out? I mean, should we if you if you have sort of idea that really I'm a paraplegic.
Speaker 6: Should we have people cutting their spines?
Speaker 9: It is a mental illness and the idea that we are allowing this to happen. And again it is common refraining to say, look, transgender people, if you want to, you know, if you find but you know, make sure that you're an adult. Just leave the kids alone. No, I don't even agree with that. I don't think anybody should be allowed to endure these kinds of surgeries. In these alterations, they're mutilating themselves. And I don't know in what civilized society that became acceptable, So I would say that I'm even more radicalized on this. I don't think that these surgeries should be allowed on anyone.
Speaker 6: I think it is a.
Speaker 9: Sickness that has been allowed to fester for too long, and because of the opification of this country, we have allowed mentally ill people to sort of appear.
Speaker 6: Normal, or we're trying to normalize mental illness.
Speaker 9: These people deserve compassion and treatment, not encouragement to do these horrible things to their body.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a mental disease.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine if I if somebody would I identify as a blind man, I'll go to an optalmologist and have him take out my eyes. That not optalmologists would look at him and say, what do you want me to do?
Speaker 3: I'm not doing that, And.
Speaker 9: If not optimologist did it, he would lose his license. This is medical malpractice. And honestly, Billy, what they've done to children in this country, not to mention full grown adults, there are an awful lot of doctors, an awful lot of doctors who belong in jail for a long long time to what they've done.
Speaker 1: Let me play devil's advocate. Let's say you have a fourteen year old girl who is believing in the culture. It is a thing to me, shall we say, alternative in among girls, especially girls, but some boys.
Speaker 3: In high school.
Speaker 1: Something like twenty five percent of the women that go to college identify as LGBTQ plus, which is factually, biologically, scientifically wrong, but they identify as such. So the culture is telling this girl, who maybe is a tomboy, that you're a man locked in a woman's body. That the parent are in liberals. They're certainly supporters of MS thirteen members who are wife beaters and gang members who've tattooed MS thirteen or in their knuckles, but don't identify that person as with MS thirteen.
Speaker 3: Don't do that. And then you go to the doctor.
Speaker 1: You go to the family doctor, and the family doctor says, you know what, we have to transition this child to the male body, which is in the female body. And then you go to a children's hospital and the children's hospital says, you know what, we have a whole branch of our hospital that deals with this. So the parent is told, you're going to have a live daughter or a dead son.
Speaker 3: Those are your two choices. If you don't do it, what do you say to a mom or dad In some states now, if you don't consent, the state will take your child away and do it anyway.
Speaker 1: I would say move out of that state. But what do you say, what do you say about that parent that is between a rock and a hard place.
Speaker 9: Well, the facts matter in this, and I would encourage everyone to challenge any medical professional who gives you that binary choice, because they do like binary choices when it comes to whether or not to get your son or daughter mutilated.
Speaker 6: They're fine, it's a.
Speaker 9: Yes or no answer, and if it's no, you're an abuser and you should have your child children taken away. And if that sounds insane, it's because it is.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 9: The data is very clear on this. Children who have body dysphoria are unable to sort of accept it is a mental condition. And if they are unable to accept the bodies that they are, and they generally grow out.
Speaker 6: Of it by their early twenties, most of these kids have look, I don't know if you remember when you were thirteen.
Speaker 9: I was a lunatic when I was thirteen.
Speaker 6: I thought I could fly.
Speaker 9: Okay, honestly I was so I was such a mess when I was thirteen years old, and thankfully my parents.
Speaker 6: Sort of said, she'll grow out of it, and she did.
Speaker 9: I mean, I wasn't that much of a mess, but I really had some crazy ideas when I was thirteen, and.
Speaker 6: My parents knew I would grow out of it. Kids, puberty, it.
Speaker 9: Is a difficult time. Do not The idea that we act on any desire of any thirteen year old is absolutely absurd to me. Look if your son or daughter comes to you and wants to drive when they're twelve years old, do you let them?
Speaker 6: Do you let them vape? Do you let them consume alcohol? Do you let them engage in sexual activity? No, you wouldn't do that.
Speaker 9: So why in the world would you actually act on a thirteen year old, a fourteen year old, a fifteen year old, and frankly even older.
Speaker 6: Young adulthood is tough.
Speaker 9: These children mostly grow out of it, and for those who don't, there is counseling to help them live, perhaps in a body they don't actually like.
Speaker 6: Look it is.
Speaker 9: Really dangerous to alter a child's body and to even sort of entertain these ideas with a child. You have to stand strong and you have to be really a leader for your child and explain to them that God doesn't make mistakes. The body you were born into is the body you were supposed to be in. So I really urge parents, ignore, deny, move out of the state if you need to. If they have these kinds of criminalizing rules, it's a tough time to be a parent. My sympathy goes it goes out to people, but do not listen to doctors who advise this to parents.
Speaker 1: And in fact, the Supreme Court is going to rule in this, hopefully by June. And Colorado has a law that says that if you move out of the state and Colorado design it to recognize the regulations laws of other states. That would mean that if you're married in Virginia and a couple moves to Florida, Florida and it doesn't have to recognize the marriage in Virginia, which is a bunch of bs. So hopefully the court will come in and say, you know what, states cannot radicalize children and transitioning can't be taught things that parents don't want to be taught. School choice is an important issue. Now, lastly about women in sports and radicalization and women in college. Can you tell me why there's a whole bunch of conservative movement going on, especially among the young. But you send you're a girl of your sound off to college, they come back with multi colored hair, living at altarnative lifestyle, with a metal in their nose. What the hell is going on with college today?
Speaker 9: Well, listen, you gotta be careful Bowers. Your kids go off to college. But that is why it is so important to talk to your children before they're there, Before they're free to go to college and they're living out of your size and out of your You need to give your children a very good sort of basic understanding of you know, why you believe the way you do, why you vote the way you do, why you go to church, why you're Christian or Jewish or whatever you are, Why why you believe the way you do.
Speaker 6: You've got to talk to your kids.
Speaker 9: I mean, I think that too often people just assume their kids will turn out conservative because they were conservative. That is no longer the case, and you have to understand.
Speaker 6: I think you know.
Speaker 9: Look, we look back in the forties and fifties people went off to college and there wasn't sort of this desire to to sort of capture kids, right to change them. Today, that's all they want to do. They really do want to ende doctrinate kids. They really do want to indoctrinate.
Speaker 6: At a very young age.
Speaker 9: So this is happening earlier now. I mean here in Fairfax County, Virginia, there is a part of the sort of sex ed education that literally wants to teach elementary school school children about alternative It's a nice family show, so I'll just say alternative sexual behaviors. It is just astonishing what the Democrats want to do and how they want to indoctrinate the youngest children.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 9: So again, parents, you really have to get your kids a good education, if that requires.
Speaker 6: Getting the map of the public school, take them to.
Speaker 9: Church, talk to them, talk to them about why you believe the way you do.
Speaker 6: Giving them that strong foundation.
Speaker 9: Will help them survive the awful years of liberal education in college.
Speaker 1: Well, if some boy or girls in the third, fourth, or fifth grade, they don't have to know about alternative sexual practices, they don't have to know as a toddler. Some liberal schools identify toddlers as man female, and most toddlers have a hard time controlling their bowels. They don't have to be informed about alternative lifestyles that you have to choose when you're five years old. By the way, little Jimmy, are you a boy or a girl?
Speaker 5: Goo?
Speaker 3: Google what? And so there's a.
Speaker 1: Radicalization and indoctrination happening, and it's got to stop. And I hope that I have hope the Supreme Court will say parents. Of course, a bunch of liberal parents with these silly ass signs in their yards talking about signs is real, but not when it comes to men and women x X and xy, then science is not real. Well, Julie Gunlock, we have to run but IWF Independent Women's Form dot org. IWF dot org is the place to go if you want to get more information IWF dot org. And Julie, you're a great American. And thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Julie, Thank you, Billy.
Speaker 3: God bless you all. Let's continue with more.
Speaker 1: Imagine being taught in Fairfax County schools when you're about nine years old, or how a girl can pleasure herself and parents, know your role and shut your mond. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred w l W.
Speaker 10: John Sena, damn, David damn John Pattner's pack.
Speaker 2: You cannot be a perfect cover.
Speaker 10: Bye Sena cover by Santa pattern said the ring John Sana set the record shot Santa do the seven cod Donald Champian.
Speaker 11: Still sh he Hello, Hello, Pyett, I'm I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 3: Talking about a matchup between John Cena and hul Cogan and his prime. Who do you like in that matchup? I'd have to go with taking my vitamins in the Hulkster. How about John Cena versus Andre the Giant. I'd have to go with a t G. How about John Cena versus Rowdy Roddy Piper or Macho Man with the lovely Elizabeth Another good match up? What about Flyer? How about me mean Gene Okerland in the ring announcing me Gene. Gene's fine with the interviews? What about Sena the Kamala, the head of the Uganda Giant Wow or George the Animal Steel correct? Good matchup? Yeah, it'd be a good one. John Cena now is the all time greatest heavyweight champion with the w w E SEV seventeen time last night, unbelieved, Las Vegas, Las Vegas. How about those? They have some parties after the match, do you think? I think so? Well night, they got another raw as tonight in Vegas. They've had like five straight nights of wrestling action in Vegas, and I bet it's packed in stack oh jam jam like the uh Brand Spence Bridge a Memorial.
Speaker 1: Day and Namala High School baseball team almost won the national title.
Speaker 3: That's right day. Well, yeah, they lost like twelve to eight or something. I forget what it was. Not bad, but not bad, not bad at all? Will he the student reporters of Pro Service, every local Tamestar Heating and air conditioning dealers. Thamestar quality you could feel in northern Kentucky on any weather. Heating and air at eight five, nine seventy eight to one forty eight twenty two. What about Bun It was just two weeks ago. They'll be here tomorrow. Bron Heating and Cooling want to be here. The amateur golfers of all time as Sheldon Braun of Clovernook run by Danny Dieters and also Harry Alexander. Pretty good right there. Also two weeks ago, Willie, the Reds couldn't score in five five games, thirty five consecutive inning without a run. Yesterday they pop twenty four on the O's Impossible Tonight if game one in Miami with Lodolo on the mound, the new Deady up against Max Meyer and the Marlins, first of three. There seven hundred W one of his coverage five forty Sports Talk, Rnell Carriers, Inside Pitch and then the Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Inning Show after the game. Now here's the lineup, Give me the lineup, Franco to me, give it to me fast, give it to me hard, Freedom and center, McLean at second, Superman at short. What about the catcher, Let's see Austin, Willie Mays Hayes and left not bad, Gavin Luxury and the DH Newsom's no Gavin lux lucks Steer and first he's got to start hitting Jake the Snake and right Novelvi Marte at third, Grand Salon Avigno catching. Wait a minute, what about the guy.
Speaker 7: Every day is to try to kick somebody's ass. I mean, that's why we're here.
Speaker 3: You mean when the yes, he's got too many interviews.
Speaker 1: What does Frank ConA say, get up every day trying to kick somebody's asses? That's right, I say, last night both chigs got kicked.
Speaker 3: Oh you're not kidding twenty four and apparently I guess the Orioles manager kind of went off on management saying we need some players in here. What the manager of the oath after there after their ace kicking by the red Legs, I guess he kind of said, hey, where's where's uh Jim Palmer, where is he? Fran Frank Robinson, Brooks Robinson, the pale, Mark Blancher, what about you for Davy Johnson? Get him in there? Not bat.
Speaker 1: I think those guys aren't showing up anytime soon. Bengals up.
Speaker 3: They brought to you by Good Spirits at Party Town with thirteen convenient locations in northern Kentucky, one of Bengals offseason workouts. Everybody's there, but no Trey Hendrickson yet. When I don't know when the report, I have no idea want to know when he pulls into the park parking lot that's not flooded anymore? Did he? With the the communications you have, uh, you can talk to people anytime anywhere, So he thought there was still smoke signals. I'm telling them we have phones right now. NFL Draft starts a three day run in Green Bay on Thursday night. Seven outd of ww Stone statements. NFL Draft Spectacular starts Thursday at six oh five. What about John Cena and Rocky? Where's Rocky? Is he back from Belize? I haven't seen him. Maybe they maybe they didn't let him back in. Maybe he was. Maybe he's in that prison at El Salvador with the with the pebbles. Would you want to be there? No, this guy's walking around. All they got is like a white shirt and underwear on, and it look like they behave. Is that fair to say? Yeah? They're always been over to notice that. I've noticed that. It's the It's from the Holy Grail, Willie. It's presented by Orthos since the Orthopedics and Sports Medicine Emory Federal Credit Union. The Bengals picked seventeenth in round one on Thursday night. Who do you like? Offensive line? Well, could trade it. We are certainly not going to sit on our hands.
Speaker 1: He's not going to sit on his hands. But talk to t do Francona. He kicks butt. We wake up every day to kick someone's ass. Does that define you?
Speaker 3: That's kind of like what we have above the mantle here at the station. DJ Hodge says, kick ass and take names. Two commits within an hour today Willie earlier this afternoon for Wes Miller in Clifton Wow UCF center Mustafa Chiam has committed to Cincinnata's out of the transfer portal good. The Senegal native ten point six rebounds per game as a freshman in Orlando. Seven foot he has a wingspan of seven feet six inches.
Speaker 1: Seven feet six inches. Can he stand on his tippy toes and touch the rim? I'd say it's close.
Speaker 3: Probably do that and touch the top of the crew tower you see lands a former Baylor guard Jaalen Celestine out of the transfer portal. He's hit thirty eight percent from three and the first three years he was at Cow, the Home of the Bears. How about Christy nom robbed inside a Washington, DC restaurant over the weekend. The secretary's purse containing three thousand dollars in cash, her passport at Louis Vuitton, makeup bag, DHS, access card, apartment kenother belongs snatched from her table by a masked man is that Trump. Doesn't he get blamed for everything. I think Trump's going to be the new hope. Either he's the president jd vance one or the other. Duke Star Cooper Flag says, I'm out of here. He's declaring for the twenty twenty five NBA draft. Projected to be the number one pick.
Speaker 1: Noam was taking her family out to enjoy Easter festivities yesterday when a suspect grabbed her bag Louis Baton and left the establishment at a high rate of speed, identified as an unknown white man wearing a medical mask. Also review Also, after reviewing security footage, she was shocked this happened in an upscale Washington, DC restaurant. She had no security with her at that moment. Probably a Democrat, she's head of DHS. Your comments on that segment, also, Willie.
Speaker 3: Let's see FC Cincinnati at home this week against the Sporting Kansas City and I looked it up. FC Cincinnati tied for first in the MLS East. Now after they're win with Charlotte f C at nineteen points, what does Jeff Birdings say about all this? He's very happy. Plus, I see orange and Blue.
Speaker 1: I spoke to a source of mine at the banks relative to all the crime being committed there.
Speaker 3: Now, what's going on down there? It's like Marshall Dillon.
Speaker 1: He will join me on Thursday to discuss the outcome of high level meetings.
Speaker 3: Who might that be af tab Perval he's leaving.
Speaker 1: He's the leading protest around Procter and Gamble. That's aft tap. By the way, he needed a permit to do that. The cops said, just leave them alone, walking in the streets, shutting down the roads in downtown Cincinnati. Please just let him on, smoking pot and public. Just leave them alone.
Speaker 3: Unbelievable, Andy Mackers segment, Get me out of the Stuge Report? And when is the rock coming back? People want to know, I guess Wednesday. When the sheriff said, I don't know Wednesday. We got to see probably on the beach down there. So CNL Salvador right now? Is he does he have a right passport? You know what? Let's check out eb the Pope. Maybe he's Rocky, the first Pope, Boyman Rocky. The first segment, Get me out of the Suge Report, willet under there's red legs and hot Hot hot headed to Miami. We leave you with the immortal words of the Stewd Report.
Speaker 5: At some point, this foolishness has got to stop.
Speaker 1: How about enforcing the law. There's a novel concept, Sherlock. Let's continue with more We Never Stop segment, We Simply Continue on News Radio seven hundred WLW