Speaker 1: And I'm so happy to have a little something something different for you. On this wealth Building Wednesday, we like to shine a spotlight on all different kinds of businesses and opportunities for business. Today we are spotlighting a dance teacher, a spreader of the culture, a provider of joy. Cali Kara, Welcome, Hi, good morning, Good morning. So I know that your your business, if you will, is line dancing, But tell me a little bit about yourself. I don't I didn't get too much info on you. Are you a professional dancer? Like, how did you come to this line of work?
Speaker 2: Sure? Well, first of all, good morning, Masominic, Good morning everybody. My name is Cali. I'm from Los Angeles, California. I'm not a professional, but all my life I love to dance and I recently lost over one hundred pounds and that was with hard work, heavy on my mental work, a lot my mental health, and I realized I really like to line dance, and so I figured, why not not only teach easy, beginner friendly dances, but also incorporate to help people's mental health. So that's kind of how I came up with it. The name of the business is Rhythm and Release because it takes all the rhythm to learn the dance. I'm hoping. I'm hoping people can come to my class and you know, whatever they're going through, they can release it within that hour. And I also like to work with mental health based nonprofits to teach some dancing as well.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a nice combination, you know. So you team up with organizations that are helping people with their mental wellbeing, and then you add the dance component to help them find some joy and release in that.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yes, So okay, let's just back up a little bit here. You said you've lost one hundred pounds. There as an article I think it was in La Times who talks about how right now when I think because of the GLP ones and stuff that people are real judge and they don't trust people who lose weight or whatever? Did that? Did that? Did that impact you? And also being in the dance space, which of course can can be pretty judgey too, although I imagine line dancing is not as bad as ballet. You know, in this environment, like the way everyone is moving right now, was it hard harder for you to to lose that weight?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be completely transparent. Some of my success was due to a GOP one. I was on it for about six months, but I didn't like the way it made my body feel personally. So I just really learned to keep a better habit and to stay active and dancing, not only line dancing, but dancing with a lot of my physical activity, and I kind of got into the line dancing and it just made me feel really good.
Speaker 1: So I mean, look, Kelly, I don't judge people for taking g LP. Once people got to do it, they gotta do. It's your body, you do with what you want. But I do think that if you use them to drop some of that weight and you've been able to keep it off, you're doing you're doing something pretty heroic because a lot of people have had trouble keeping it off when they when they you know, cycle off of them and they're you know, they're not liking some of the side effects like you didn't. Then they cycle off and they struggle. So you you, you know, congrats to you whatever you're doing. If you feel happy, I feel happy for you. But with the with your line dancing, I mean you brought that up because was that because that was part of your journey or is it because it doesn't matter what size you are or is it because both.
Speaker 3: Both.
Speaker 2: Definitely, I'm definitely part of my journey. Like I said, when I was a kid, I always used to love to dance, so I definitely incorporated as a line dancing. That's my fun of exercise. I did home exercises, I didn't really go to the gym, but I danced a lot, like I made sure I moved my body, and when I got into the line dancing, I figured because a lot of it is repetitive, so it's kind of like doing the workout over and over again. And then also I would it's a whole community of line dancing, and I would realize people would come to me because I didn't know the line dancers and they would want to learn. So it kind of like popped in my mind, and you know, everybody was happy and smiling at the end of it. So I thought about, why not, you know, share the gifts God gave me and teach other people. And that's why I keep it beginning friendly because I don't want people to be stressed out or worried about it when they come to class. I wanted to go, you know, pretty smoothly for them.
Speaker 1: I love that because that's how a lot of small businesses start. It's something we do that everyone bugs us to help them with or do more or make some of whatever. So many businesses start that way. Sounds like you had a gift and you know, and and it's an urgent need. Because my understanding is that if you don't know the line dances, you can have your black card revoked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a running joke for sure. People are like, you don't know this dance. I'm not gonna lie. Some of the harder ones I am still learning, but the easier ones, you know, it's it's like I said, it's a lot of fun, but it is. It gets a little competitive when it comes to the harder ones, and you know, it's a challenge. But at the end of the day, it's just a fun thing to pick up and a great thing to learn.
Speaker 1: So how do we support your business? And how do we you know, shake our booties?
Speaker 2: Yes, so you guys can follow me on Instagram. It's rhythm So it's r H Y T H M and and then release R E L E A S the number three and I post my classes. I have them once a month. I have a class coming it's on the twenty second at Vans Park at eleven am. My classes are only five dollars. It's very affordable. That's out of parks. When people have kids, they can bring their kids and you know, we can we watch the kids. We're in iView of the kids. If that's just a worry for a person, but yeah, I post them on my Instagram or if I'm ever doing any community events, I post that on my page as well. So if people want to follow me, they can feel free to shoot me a follow and keep up with media Instagram and I also have a registration link in my buyout.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's all happening on Instagram. It's amazing how many thriving black businesses are happening on Instagram and other businesses too. A lot of folks making making money there. But your class is free.
Speaker 2: It's so it's five dollars, but it's not like a demand. I know, you know people sometimes five dollars it's hard to come with. So if people can show up, then you know, I still would encourage them to show up even if they don't have five dollars.
Speaker 1: So no one turned away. But five bucks if you have it. But that's very affordable. And I suppose if there's a nonprofit. We have lots of nonprofits that listen that want to do do something different around the mental health space, they would reach out to you via Instagram.
Speaker 2: Yes, via Instagram is the best way. I can also give out my personal page if they want to reach me there. It's C A L three I's underscore KA R three a's. I hope they call that.
Speaker 1: Three a's Okay, a lot of a's, a lot of a's. But Rhythman releases the name of the business. If I'm a nonprofit and I reach out to you, and what are the kinds of things you're gonna do with me? What kinds of like collabs would we do?
Speaker 2: Yes, I definitely I offer not only do I offer a variation of beginner front of the line dance hits. Like I said, I love to work with mental health, but I'm open to work with anybody. Just encouragement. I share my story of the importance of keeping your mental health in check. You know, if you need support, getting the support, arapey or whatever it looks like, having a healthy community and keep your body moving because it does great things for your mind as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, well said, well said, Okay, so Vans Park we're having we're having a dance opportunity. I'm gonna call it an opportunity. That's Saturday. That's at eleven eleven am.
Speaker 2: On the twenty second, Yes, eleven am on the twenty second, right.
Speaker 1: So it's not this Saturday, it's a week from Saturday. At the time at eleven am. How long will it go for It's.
Speaker 2: Gonna be an hour. It might go over, you know, if we people need to learn little more, that's fine. Women if they I dedicate my Saturdays when I have a class to the whole day if it goes that way, but it's usually typically an hour.
Speaker 1: Okay, So that sounds like a lot of fun too. So and all levels welcome a super beginner to a super.
Speaker 2: Experience, you know, if you know all the line dances, but you just want to get out and move your body and you know, keep it simple. Any and everybody gets welcome.
Speaker 1: What's the most popular one right now?
Speaker 2: I would say the most boots on the ground, still still boots on the ground. Everybody loves that fan pop.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it's the fan Well, so, I mean it sounds like disguise the limit for you. And I know that line dancing is incredibly popular. So if folks want to follow, how else can we support your business? What what can we do to help you thrive?
Speaker 2: Cali car come on to the class. Come check out the class. If you're a nonprofit looking for fun things to do, any community work. I love working with my community at the in south central LA. So I love breaking things to the community and just getting down there and and just being with my people. So if anybody wants to work with me, want to collab, or you just want to come check out a class, please do you are more than welcome. That's the best way to support. Or if you follow me on Instagram and you see my post, share it to any and everybody.
Speaker 1: And that's at Rhythm and Release three everything spelled out except the number three right, yes' Rhythm and Release three. And what a great way to you know, build community, build a business and help us get a little healthier up in here. Yes, it's nice to meet you, Cali Kara. Best of luck to you and may you build enormous wealth.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you so much. I appreciate this. Just starting this business, I've gotten so far already and I just give glory to God that he's making us happen and he's opening doors. So I appreciate you so so much.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you as well, and one day I may just pop up somewhere, you know, come pop up somewhere with you, my fans.
Speaker 2: I would love to have you. You would have a great time. My comment.
Speaker 1: You know, I have a feeling that I absolutely would. We do this every Wednesday. If you've got a business, you can reach out to me to Premia Radio at Gmail d ip r im I. No y'all like to call me dupre but it's Duprima d ip r im A to Premia Radio at Gmail. That's the Premia Radio is every one of my socials. It's on Insta, it's on Twitter and TikTok. So actually reach out to me there, DM me or email me at Gmail and let me know about your business and we'll get some shine for you, some some love, some recycling of black dollars. Phone lines are open national and international topics, local too, because we're all connected. Eight hundred and nine two oh fifteen eighty. I'm Dominique Daprima and you know where you are. Yeah, so you know a recent poll I'm struggling to find the full information here, but this is was in Politico shows that this is a poll that was commissioned by the mayor's supporters. Nevertheless, it shows that she is leading by thirty seven percentage points to thirty three over Nithia Raman. And it's according to this article, if you count only you count undecided voters who are leaning toward one candidate or another but haven't fully made up their mind, then that advantage goes to forty one percent to thirty five, which would be a significant lead even though it's still considered I would consider it a very tight race. That's twelve hundred likely voters and the margin vera is around three percent, so that means even in the smaller lead, it's still a lead. This is from July twenty eighth, twenty second through the twenty eighth, which was which was a tough time for LA. I mean, we're dealing with the fire and boil heights and the pull the story about the unhoused and jump in the number of unhoused, which actually turns out, even according to the La Times, that the methodology is faulty, so that jump, yes, it did occur, but may not have been as pronounced. Likely was not as pronounced as they claimed it was, because they have this weird system where they have certain beds for homeless people that they count in alternate years. The snapshot, as they call it, of the unhouse. They call it snapshot because it's a look from one day, has been notoriously unreliable anyway, because we really don't know how to count the unhoused. And I don't know if there's a system somewhere in the world that's better. I haven't looked into it, but I have read enough over the years to know that this is relatively un reliable. However, we have to figure we have to have some sense of it, and it's what they do. They literally go ten to tempt look who's inside, or try to calculate how many people are inside, and then estimate how many people are living on the streets. We know it's a lot, we know there's way too many. But we do know that the trend line has been going down under Mayor Karen Bassett's the first time it's gone down under any mayor in recent history, and it's going down at a time when the resident the administration in Washington is defunding our medicacal right, defunding food stamps and other safety net programs. So there's pressure coming from Washington in the form of reduced resources that would would lead to more unhoused people on the streets. You cannot count or even talk about the state of unhoused folks of homelessness in la or any other American city right now, especially a blue state city, without counting in the impact of the oligarchic, authoritarian, anti black, anti brown, anti working class, anti poor, anti middle class, if you really want to get down to it, administration that we have right so, if nobody was doing anything, if we didn't have an executive, a chief executive of our city who was effective against homelessness, what we would see right now is a huge jump. Because the work that's being done and the moves that are being made to counter act the defunding of services and safety nets from Washington is what's keeping the floodgates from opening up even wider, and that has to be understood in order to have an accurate picture of what's happening in our city, really any city in America right now, because houselessness is no longer, if it ever was a West Coast or in La or a California problem. It's growing in every city. Why because we've allowed housing to be a commodity rather than a human right. You're letting the big corporations and the stock market f boys play with our dwellings the way you would gamble with your earnings in a slot machine in Vegas. And that ain't it. You know, I know they're trying to privatize schools, so we'll get to that point where we're you know, we could get to that point with schools right now. We have a public option, right, we have a public option. We don't have a public option for healthcare. We've got Obamacare, which still, even though it helped a lot of people, still keeps the power in the hands of the corporations, in this case, insurance companies. We don't have a public option for banking. It's one of the missed opportunities I think one of the most glaring missed opportunities of the Bush crash, the GOP crash of two thousand and eight, the Great Recession. We should have come out of that with a public option for banking, but we don't have it. We don't have medicare for all. We do have a public option for schools, and we need to guard that. We do have a public option for fire departments, and we need to guard that against privatization. We do not have a public option for housing. We don't have social housing. We have housing projects in some cities for the very poor, but we don't have social housing for elders, for the working class, for the working poor, for the unemployed, to keep people off the streets. In fact, we've done just the opposite. We've allowed housing to become more and more just another item to buy, sell, and trade on the stock market instead of looking at the human impact. I mean, the reason that our utilities, water and power are public and private, and as we see, that still doesn't protect us from the Southern California Edison's of the pg andes of the world. But the reason they're public and private they're considered public utilities is because it's essential. If you fully privatize water or power, people are going to freeze and they're going to die a thirst. And that's the situation that we have in housing now. Right, we've allowed it to become privatized, we've allowed it to become bicell trade. Absolutely, we would not be in as good a position we are right now in the city of Los Angeles, Left right, progressive, Republican, blue, red blood, crip, whatever you got going on. If it wasn't for the counteractive measures that this mayor has been taking, this steady work that she's and on the flip side, how much more progress we would would we see if she didn't have to fight Washington just to keep people off the streets. These are things we need to really think about now. I know they're talking about dismantling LASA, you know, the LA Housing Organization because the county pulled their money out, but they still wanted boss folks around, and it's an agency and transition to put a mildly so what would we replace it with. I mean, there's big questions that have to be answered here, but it is clear that with the actions that have been taken in the past four years, we are weathering this storm of the resident of the White House much better than we otherwise would. Let us not forget that, I'm Dominique de Prima. We got news traffic in sports then more only right here. So much to cover today, and you know it's not been reported a bunch maybe because there won't be a final vote on it until August twenty fifth, but the City of Fort Worth has agreed to pay eleven point two five million to the family of a Tatiana Jefferson. Remember her. She was killed in her own home by police in twenty nineteen, and that money is meant to go into funds that are going for her nephews and other family members. And if you remember that case, it was terrifying. She did have one of her nephews there with her, it might have been too imagine how traumatized those children are. So the Fort Worth City Council will vote on that August twenty fifth, But it looks like the City of Fort Worth is finally finally moving forward with that settlement. I wanted to give you some updates on some of the other cases that I you know, I'm determined not to let us forget about. We'll get to that. There's there's more news in the Nolan Wells case. We haven't spent a lot of time talking about the young woman Tasia who was found hanging in Mississippi, hanging from a tree. There is more news. Her name is Tasia Fortune. There's more news coming out in the Carmelo Anthony case update. I will update you on that, and of course keeping our eyes on what's happening also in Mississippi with the story of baby Cohen, the one year old who was killed by police. There. Before we do that, let's go to Paul calling us from LA.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Paul, good one, Please some of you can hear me this time, Dominique, I do, oh, perfect, So I have put it. I called earlier just for the news on the Lakers now being sold again and flipped over to the Kushner family and Bob Iger.
Speaker 1: So Krishner family, that's bizarre. I didn't know that. That's bizarre.
Speaker 4: So so I want you to pay attention to what happened here. So the Walter in that group bought the dog the Lakers from, brought the Lakers from the Bus family. Then the Dodgers go to the White House, which I had presumed was going to be because right along there there was a federal case that was pulled against Walters with potentially with some funny money being used overall. Then not even a month later, from those reports, the Lakers are being sold to the Kushner family.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, well yeah, exactly. I mean, I don't, doesn't does the league have to approve that's it's not like football where the league has to approve it. They can just flip it like that because I know it takes a minute to buy like a football team or a baseball team, you know what I mean, there's a process. I don't know that I've heard of it of a basketball of a team being flipped back quickly.
Speaker 4: So think about it. You're you're correct. Normally, you do your due diligence right, and you do background checks and everybody where they get their money. But we're living in a time like you've discussed the private equity, right, they got their guy in office. People are wondering, we're living in the Gilded age too. They're buying up all the media. They're consolidating all the media, they're buying up the sports teams at this point as a as a as a way to gravitate towards power overall. Yeah, and the idea that they got their guy. Steve Bennet said, a long time ago, we've been waiting for Trump because what Trump can do, he's a crown artist. He can sell you magic beings. Nothing he can say is ever two racists, nothing he can do ever bad enough.
Speaker 1: Yeah, or two sexist misogynists, anti disabled folks. I mean, I see this article on ESPN. That's confirming what you're saying. And they made two billion. That's a that's a quick two billion because they bought it for ten mom Mark Walter bought it for ten billion, the Lakers and sold it to Kushner and Igre for twelve billion. Over twelve billion, which you're saying is a record breaking price. So they made a fast, fast two billion right there. And then it's it's an interesting strange bedfellows. Bob Iger of course, you know, longtime Disney chief. And then Josh Kushner, who is a member Yeah, he is a member of the in Laws of the Residents LA LA.
Speaker 4: So the LA just understand that the Trumps owned the Lakers. I've been a Laker fan my whole life. My grandfather and my mom. My values and respect for my people mean way more than shooting a basketball. I will not support that team. This is me personally, as long as if this sale goes through, which more than likely it is, because look at what the guy that just bought the Portland Trailblazers are doing. This is just a consolidation of power overall wealth and everything that you're talking about, Dominique, is private equity gets in somewhere. They the largest costs for corporations is labor, work, right, it's the working class, right. So they're gonna cut from there and they're going to try to accumulate a much of the wealth as they can to the top of the payamid this.
Speaker 1: Is this is this is very fishy though. I'm glad you pointed this out, because he was just saying owning. He says, owning the Lakers has been one of the greatest owners of my life. But how long did he own them?
Speaker 4: Not not even what a full year?
Speaker 1: If that, it's been one of the greatest ownors of my life. But also I'm out, like what, he needs a pardon?
Speaker 4: He needs a pardon, Dominique pay attention to it.
Speaker 1: Followed the money funny though, because yeah, and so he bought it from the best family. Then he goes to the White House to celebrate the Dodgers because he owns the Sparks too. Walter the guy that's selling it to the Kushners, uh and the and and mister Iger. He owns the Dodgers. He owns the sparks, He owns the Professional Women's Hockey League, and racing teams and UH Club Chelsea. So you would think he's just collecting teams, but this one he spins off.
Speaker 4: But he's not. But the thing is, Dominique is not just him that's involved in these group of people. There are there's foreign money that's involved in it too, there's other private equity firms. He's just the face of it. He's just a face. This is just a representation of where everything is. Think about it, Well.
Speaker 1: Bob Biker, but Bob Biger, I don't know if he's a face or not a face, but he was a CEO of Disney forever in a day. Just step down. So that's just like it's hard for me to believe that the Kushners and Iger would just be like symbolic owners with no strategic plan or corporate influence.
Speaker 4: And look at and look at how he stepped down and moved away. Everyone pay it. It's real simple, It's real simple. These people, there's a class of people that is accumulating as much of the wealth as they can. They don't want to pay taxes. You taught you discussed it earlier. With billionaires here. They don't believe their tax dollars should go towards schools, to roads in things of that nature. As a matter of fact, California is the fourth or fifth biggest economy in the world, right, they feel that your tax dollars needs to go towards their investments and reinvestments in which they are they are monetizing, right.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's that's a whole mindset that we could do an entire show on because they rely on the human resources of this state to run their businesses. As employees, those people are educated through the schools that they benefit from. They drive on the roads that our tax dollars pay for. That is what they benefit from. They use more water, more power, more human and other resources than anyone else because they have bigger corporate footprints, because they have huge homes and huge businesses. So obviously, to anyone with common sense, they should be paying to maintain the systems that allow them to accumulate the wealth that they have. Instead, they want to defund them. And you know, I have a problem with that. But to your other point, Paul, you know, the the ESPN article does note that Walter is under federal investigation for tax fraud.
Speaker 4: So follow the money.
Speaker 1: I mean, Trump just got himself to preemptively pardon himself for all current and future IRS crimes, not whine. Maybe that's the same deal that mister Walter uh thinks that he can get mister Mark Walter perhaps thinks he can get you know, forever immunity from IRS prosecution with this deal. I mean, we're speculating right now. We have no proof of that, but it certainly is an interesting coincidence.
Speaker 4: I'm allegedly gonna throw something else out here for y'all allegations, right, I'm gonna make sure I'm not. I'm not the station. They ain't dominique. This is allegedly some of my thoughts.
Speaker 1: I used an opinions expressed by Paul Lee or.
Speaker 4: They they they're, they're their their their unions are an issue for them. They want to break that stuff up to right because a functioning middle working class is it's not subservient for what they're trying to do. They have to destroy that overall, which in turn is it's not a race. They use culture, it's a class war. And until people understand what this is, where does tax dollars go? And who gets taxed. This goes back as far as Rag, as far as Reagan. If you want to argue Nixon, mag is nothing new.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I agree with that, Paul. I agree with that. I do think that union breaking is not allegedly union busting is is clearly part of the MAGA agenda. I don't think it's going to be that easy. If they're trying to break the players' unions at the NBA and the NFL, I don't think that's that easy. But who knows. I didn't think they, you know, overturned obs. I didn't think a lot of things. I didn't even think this dude would get elected or selected. And so you know, I have underestimated the idiocy of people time and time again.
Speaker 4: Skin because when they're able to use and this goes way back when people when they are able to use skin color as currency. Remember, after the Civil Rights Act was signed, the Democrats never won the white boat again. And why did that happen, even though FDR's new deal gave the benefits towards the working class of people and rebuilt the country from the depression that we were in. Why because they were able to divide and conquer what you're watching now in this country is it's a class war people. It's a reason ten of the eleven last recessions started under certain regimes and administrations.
Speaker 1: Just follow the money, follow the money. Indeed, it's always great to hear from you, Paul. And wow, that's a block Puster story that I definitely missed, but it is. It's got long tentacles, folks, and lots of suspicious, coincidental sort of implications there. Eight hundred nine two oh fifteen eighty. That's the number Paul called. I encourage you to do the same. I'm Dominicq Depriema and this it's KBLA Talk fifteen eighty. Yes, indeed, we are for you. If you're if you're listening and you want to talk, you can call eight hundred and nine to oh fifteen eighty or hop on the YouTube where we have lots and lots of conversation and information shared. All these updates I wanted to do. If I don't get to them today, I will get to them tomorrow. It's just it feels like a troubling time, particularly in Mississippi. But Mississippi can be a symbol right for the ongoing struggle for freedom for liberation, for safety, it's talking about. This case is the latest well I don't even know if it's the latest Asia fortune. It's what I'm talking about. This is a woman who is found hanging from a tree in a backyard in an abandoned home in Jackson, Mississippi. This was last week. Her body was found August third. And the one thing that is a little different, the police department says there's an active and ongoing investigation. Usually when they find black people hanging from trees, they hurriedly say it was suicide. They did not do that this time, which is notable. Her mom doesn't believe it was suicide. Most of us never believe that it's suicide when black people are hung from trees, because well, the history of America. They did arrest this guy, well, they didn't arrest They questioned the guy. They didn't arrest him. They questioned a guy, Terence Anderson. They said he's a person of interest. He is He was her baby daddy. Apparently, according to his brother, they have a five year old together and that child lived with him. But they have not named him as a suspect, and there is an ongoing investigation. So that part is good. And within the past few months there have been several black people found hanging in Mississippi. I think it's four, it might be three, but this latest one Taser fortune is getting a little bit more conversation, which is good and hopefully it makes us say, what's going on in Mississippi? What is going on in Mississippi. Mississippi is where one year old baby Cohen was shot by police, and this is obviously a part of their history, part of the history of the Deep South, Mississippi in particular, but we don't know much about police are keeping tight lipped on her death. But now remember, within the past year, Trey Reid, a twenty one year old student at Delta State University, was found hanging from a tree. As well, there is a hanging of an unhoused white man in Vicksburg, and those two have both been ruled suicides. But the other thing that's casting a shadow over Mississippi right now is Nolan Wells, and I do have some updates on that. It's hard to keep track of all of it, but it's hard not to look at Mississippi's pass I understand why Nolan Well's mom is trying to say, hey, I didn't say. I'm not trying to say this death was possibly racially motivated. She's just saying she wants to know what happened, but she's being vilified for supposedly racializing this. We'll have add more on that, you know, I will tracking this. Let's go to Ron calling us from Richmond.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Ron, Good morning, my bay here with your homegirl. How you feeling.
Speaker 1: I'm blessed. How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm blessed. You was just thankful to be here so much, with so much madness going on in the world right now, still dealing with mister Orange over here in this White House and all this other madness. But I'm just thankful to be here. I was so glad she was able to get that week off, get you some rest in.
Speaker 1: Absolutely got to go traveling. Got to see what it's like to be in a country with no military. That was wild.
Speaker 3: Wow, I heard that. That's the business. Oh yeah, did you did you have to cancel your trip to uh to South Africa, to South Africa this year? Did you?
Speaker 1: It was actually meant to be East Africa. It was well, actually no, it's Southern Africa, You're right, not the country of South Africa. Zambia and Botswana. Yes, we did. We canceled because of the Ebola crisis. It's still ongoing. We wanted to go desperately, but we don't want to die, so we had to And because Trump has defunded, you know, all the medical aid on the motherland, it was harder for them to get that disease contained, so we had to cancel.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's what's up. Yeah, I'm watching you on my TV right now. I got tape delay, so but you're still kicking those shout outs to all the folks out there watching my girl worldwide. All my Bay people, may y'all support the homie dominate the premium, all my frisk old people, y'all tune in, go to YouTube, all that good stuff. Indeed support Mark good. Yeah, I'm gonna shout you out every chance I get. You know how we do it up here. You know how we do it up here in the Bay. So I got you. Don't even trill and shout out to miuth Clated, shout out to Miles Cleerbated that birthday yesterday, man, Happy birthday again. Brother. I know you got got your party. Yell on the turnative. So I'm gonna stop yapping. I'm glad you're back. I miss you that whole week I was having withdrawal. I tuned in that money, like, wait a minute, what this cat doing here? I should have known. I should have known you took that break.
Speaker 1: So that cat for holding it down. Uh, And thank you, Aron, Appreciate the support, Appreciate the love and reminding the Bay area. We're still doing our thing. We're still doing our thing. Man. I was just updating on since you brought up the Africa trip, two thousand people have died so far miles in that Ebola outbreak. That's a lot of folks. It's a lot of folks and it's still going on. So you know, your safety, the safety of our beloved KBLA delegation and our own safety has to be the top priority. And praying for those folks because that is that outbreak is still going. They do not have a cure for this strain. Scientists start trying to figure it out and it's a small world. After also pray for Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo where they are dealing with that four thousand cases, two thousand deaths. Hopefully the world will come to its census shortly we're talking negotiation. Looking forward to this conversation, We've got a world renowned expert and author, Mari Taharapor joins us next on KBLA Talk fifteen eighty