Speaker 1: You're listening to Bill Handle on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 2: We are a resilient people, and no matter what happens. For those of you that are conservatives to think Harris is going to destroy the country, we'll get through it. For those of you that think Trump is going to singularly destroy the country, We're going to get through it.
Speaker 3: And now Handle on the news, ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 1: And good morning everybody.
Speaker 2: It is now a Wednesday morning, Wow, day after election.
Speaker 1: You bet you a lot a lot to cover.
Speaker 2: First and foremost, let me say a quick hello to everyone.
Speaker 1: Amy, good morning, Good morning.
Speaker 2: Bill. By the way, good stuff this morning, as I was listening to bits and pieces of it more so than I usually do. But that's because all of our printers are broken, so I had some time.
Speaker 3: Neil, good morning, good morning. Yeah, they had that flywheel Gutenberg. He's old style night eighteen forties.
Speaker 2: Right, printers, It's like a Rube Goldberg device. Cono, good morning, Monabill and Anne is clearly running around trying to put together all of our glitch this morning.
Speaker 1: Okay, just a couple of things I want to share with you. Some news.
Speaker 2: It's going to be kind of windy today. My daughter got married on Saturday. I told you about that. We're, you know, on our way I think to a pretty rainy season. Oh yeah, I forgot Trump won the presidency last night.
Speaker 4: Hey buddy, do you need help packing your bags or what?
Speaker 1: Do you what? I just want to be there for you.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, Well, let me tell you there's going we We're gonna do a lot of politics today in terms of the after math of the Trump win and what it means and some of the props and what that means, and the fact that the Senate is now in the hands of the Republicans, so we'll see. We don't have a final yet on the House, do we. I'm trying to look and if it turns out that the Republicans take the house, boy, are you in for a ride?
Speaker 1: Let me tell you.
Speaker 2: And then a little bit about President now, the forty seventh President, Donald Trump and what what I foresee happening and some other people. So let's do it, guys, let's start. It's time for Handle on the News with Amy Neil and me lead story.
Speaker 1: Good byeing USA. I got a feeling that it's gonna be a wonderful thing. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, a couple of surprises about Trump's win last night is one came so quickly.
Speaker 1: Everybody thought it would be at the end of the week. Sometimes a week later, boom it hit. He won.
Speaker 2: And for those people that are bitching and moaning about, like I did, the electoral college and how unhappy I am with the electoral college, last night.
Speaker 1: It didn't matter.
Speaker 2: He wanted on both levels, the electoral college, which I think sucks, and yesterday I talked about that. And he won in the popular vote. So if you're not a fan of the electoral college and you say, oh, it should be one vote, one person, he won.
Speaker 1: He won. We got it. And I know.
Speaker 2: People that were, let's just say, rather upset about the win.
Speaker 1: Now, I did not want Trump to win.
Speaker 2: I voted against Trump, not particularly in favor of Kamala Harris. But he is.
Speaker 1: He's our president.
Speaker 2: It is totally legitimate. There's no way around it. Welcome to democracy.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what, maybe it's nothing death of democracy, but the death of bureaucracy that we're seeing.
Speaker 1: Maybe good point for.
Speaker 5: The birth of stupidity.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know, it depends on which side of the coin. You're on on this one. It's certainly going to be a new age. It's we're going back to nineteen thirty eight. I'll tell you that right now. Going backwards, right, that was one of the basic tenants that Kamala Harris had.
Speaker 1: We don't want to go backwards. Well, we are going to go backwards.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily bad for a lot of people. And I'll explain what that really means, both historically as well as what it's going to mean today in this day and age and for the next four years.
Speaker 1: And i'll give you at seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go through some musings. There's something I just read in the book War by Bob Woodward, which I was fascinated by it, and how an interview thirty eight years ago or thirty seven years ago with Donald Trump basically explains who he was and why it's surprise how he thinks. Also, Donald Trump, as I've said, as you know and everybody's talked about, a complete outlier president, a president that we have never seen, we will never see again, as an individual convicted felon, impeached twice, not doing a campaign totally contradictory to anything anybody ever imagined, and for the second time in our history, we have a president who has been elected twice non consecutive terms. The only other time it happened was Grover Cleveland in the late eighteen hundreds where he ran and then he lost, and he ran again the next term and won. And that's exactly what Donald Trump did. It's pretty extraordinary. So now we have forty five and forty seven. Pardon me, I'm fighting a little bit of a not feeling well.
Speaker 1: And he was.
Speaker 2: The win was after Wisconsin, and he picked up those states that he needed, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Georgia, I mean, all the big three battleground states.
Speaker 1: Chow baby, goodbye.
Speaker 2: And then also a lot happened in California that there were no surprises here in California.
Speaker 1: It was exactly as we expected. You know what's funny.
Speaker 3: I was watching, I was on my computer watching everything while doing some you know, studying for today, And the second the polls closed in Los Angeles, the second they closed, I saw in the La Times California went blue. It was like no, there was like, no county, knew nothing. It just it was you know.
Speaker 2: That's that's because now because now the policy is media outlets are not allowed to declare a winner or declare anything until the post bowls actually close. And it's so when you know if there's going to be a landslide, I mean a ridiculous landslide, you can't it can't be announced.
Speaker 1: So we've got a couple of things.
Speaker 2: Also, what went nicely, by the way, is that the election process itself went very smoothly because of the security, because of just the overwhelming fear that the election was not going to go smoothly.
Speaker 1: It did because there was so much security there.
Speaker 2: As a matter of fact, there were bomb threats that did disrupt some voting, and those were in the five battleground states.
Speaker 1: But that's just about it.
Speaker 2: So what is going to happen, Well, those patriots who overran the capitol, are they all going to be pardoned?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's one of the real real downsides of the win.
Speaker 1: In in my.
Speaker 4: I don't think they're all going to be part No, not.
Speaker 2: All of them. I think you're going to see the ones that actually beat up police officers. I mean you can see them beat up police officers. I don't think that President Trump, who is now both former and current President Trump is going to pardon those folks. I really don't. So we've got a lot to talk about. We have Todd Spitzer coming aboard talking about Prop thirty six. We've got Steve Gregory coming aboard. Maybe and just threw her arms up in the air as.
Speaker 1: An I don't know.
Speaker 2: Maybe yes, maybe we're just maybe we'll try, we'll see, Hey, we'll give it a shot.
Speaker 1: And so we've got a lot to talk about.
Speaker 2: And as I said before, some musings, some personal musings about the win and where I think we're going to go in the near future. And it's either going to be a good thing, a bad thing, or in between. But as I've said, and I've always said, we are a resilient people. And to think that quote Trump is going to destroy the country.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to the Civil war that we survived.
Speaker 4: Let's go back to some big alligator tears.
Speaker 1: Yesterday.
Speaker 2: Oh I was you know, I'm not thrilled which the way the country is going to go? I am not, But that's me personally. Do I think we're resilient. I think we're resilient. But I'll explain the world is going to change because of this win. There's no question where Kamala Harris would have kept it going. And there's a comfort zone with Kamala Harris relative to our neighbors, relative to NATO, relative to the way the United States perceives itself and the policeman of the world.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a different world. And by the way, I wasn't frightened particularly.
Speaker 2: Oh, okay, I was scared to death, all right, Okay, so this morning I considered committing suicide.
Speaker 1: Okay, fine, not the end of the world.
Speaker 5: But aside from that, everything's fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everything's fine.
Speaker 2: But now it's one of those things either I commit suicide or I look at it and go, okay, we have to live with it.
Speaker 1: And I am going to live.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've got kids that I have to support for the rest of my life, and so there are things. And they're only twenty nine, so I've got forty years of never mind.
Speaker 5: Shiff makes the switch.
Speaker 6: Democratic Representative Adam Schiff of Burbank is becoming a senator, easily beating Republican former Dodgers all star Steve Garvey last night by about a nineteen point margin.
Speaker 2: I think it was a yeah, I mean, I'm surprised it was only nineteen points. Here is I'm going to argue why it was not the best idea for a shift to go run for the Senate. He's sixty four years old and he has gone from one of the most powerful congress people, real leadership, into a Senate seat where he is at the bottom of the barrel in terms of seniority.
Speaker 1: And it takes years to go.
Speaker 2: Up, up, up, up up, which is why a lot of politicians won't even touch Congress or the Senate, well, the Senate, because it's just the prestige of being a senator and there's only one hundred and they have a lot of power when they get power. And that's you know, we had one senator, do you remember Si Hayakawa one one term, No one who.
Speaker 1: Even knew where the hell he was. I remember the name, yeah, and that was it, and then he and then up and gone.
Speaker 2: In the meantime, you have Barbara Boxer, you have Dianne Feinstein, Boxer twenty five years, Feinstein almost thirty years in the Senate. It takes years for real power to be.
Speaker 1: Gotten by a senator.
Speaker 2: But anyway, doesn't you have recognition, Oh yeah, he has tremendous recognition. Everybody knows who he is, but in terms of senior to also, where do you think he's going to go as a Democrat when.
Speaker 1: You have a Republican.
Speaker 2: Senate, Because it's the Senate majority leader decides what committee you're on and who the chair of the committee. So I guarantee you Adam Schiff is going to be on the committee to determine what kind of mops are going to be used in the military.
Speaker 1: Subcommittee on top of mops bad timing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Well, listen up, scumbags, there's a new sheriff in town. You've got California voters approving ballot measure Prop thirty six. They're saying, we're sick of you. Say he is stealing thick of your drugs. So Proposition thirty six will make it a felony for someone to steal merchandise. Oh who would have guessed of any value after two previous offenses, We're back to three strikes and can lead to law your jail of prison sentence. It also creates a treat and I love this treatment, mandated felony for certain drug crimes, including dealing with fetanyl and other hard drugs in certain quantities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going more conservative. And by the way, we're gonna have Todd Spitzer.
Speaker 1: It is just smart.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, well I'm gonna I'm gonna talk politics and I agree. I mean, I certainly voted in favor of Prop thirty six. And we're going to talk to Todd Spitzer, who is the DA of Orange County and a really good friend of KFI and mine and Neil's been around Todd's been around here for many, many years and he became DA and he will talk about Prop thirty six and public safety, which he has been talking about for a very long time. By the way, just to let you know, Prop thirty six only got a small seventy percent.
Speaker 1: Of the vote. That was a squeaker. People are done with crimes.
Speaker 3: They are stupidity, and they are just that is not partisan.
Speaker 2: You know what, not only I mean it should be mandatory jail and there should be mandatory.
Speaker 1: Sodomy in prison.
Speaker 4: Are you hoping, well, not personally are you?
Speaker 1: I am a law abiding citizen.
Speaker 3: Now, but you said you were going to get arrested if Trump voted.
Speaker 2: In Now, I'd rather pay. Okay, that's horrible. Let's just move on.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's going in totally the wrong direction, all right, Amy, you say.
Speaker 6: Seven out of ten voters in ten states cast ballots on whether to cement reproductive rights in their state constitutions. Measures passed in Arizona, Colorado, New York, Maryland, Missouri, Montana, and Nevada. In Florida, voters approved it by a fifty seven percent margin, but the amendment fell short of the sixty percent voter threshold to pass. Measures in South Dakota and Nebraska also were defeated.
Speaker 2: Yeah, obviously pro choice, But I must tell you, and I've always thought that that people who are in favor of abortion in general, against abortion, but are in favor of what happens in rape and incest, they're the only those folks are. And you can argue that they're hypocrites if the argument is life is sacrisanct and you cannot kill it, because how less sacrisanct is a life as a result of rape or incests if the woman, if the woman doesn't have a choice, if the way have a choice.
Speaker 1: What is self defense against a crime? How abortion? How is abortion self defense?
Speaker 3: Self defense against somebody implanting something in you during a crime, and you're defending yourself against that that.
Speaker 1: Is, but it's a one choice.
Speaker 3: That's like saying you're pro life and and it's hypocritical to for the death pen Neil, there is a difference between the life of a child and somebody who did a criminal Actually.
Speaker 2: Actually, if life is sacrisainct, life is sacri sainct.
Speaker 3: No, because there are tough and then there would be no self defense. That's ridiculous. You couldn't defend yourself against another person because.
Speaker 1: Arguing you're arguing that.
Speaker 3: I want to make it clear, I think I think pro choice is important.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I'm totally pro choice. I'm just making the argument. I don't want to arguing that.
Speaker 3: I'm just don't tell me life is sacrifices logic from logic. Uh, if life is sacro sainct, that doesn't mean that there isn't kind for certain.
Speaker 1: Neil, Here we go again between the two of us.
Speaker 2: Okay, so we have to agree too wrong, You're wrong, you're wrong, You're we have to agree that you're wrong.
Speaker 4: Big cry baby.
Speaker 2: Okay, when this show becomes the Neil Savadra Show on the Fork Report, I'm always wrong.
Speaker 3: Fair enough, You're gonna go move to Europe because Trump is now president, and it's gonna be It's gonna be Neil Amy coma kono.
Speaker 2: And actually I was gonna move to Europe at some point if Kamala Harris became president. Let me tell you, I would have moved to Europe if Carl Marx became president. Okay, Uh, That's where I want to end up for at least several months a year.
Speaker 1: And I've been saying that for over a decade. I just want to do that.
Speaker 2: I've always wanted just to be overseas for months a year. It's just you have to wait.
Speaker 1: Until you retire to do that, all right, guy.
Speaker 3: You gotta love the ups and downs of the legal world right now. So, just a day after surviving that legal challenge in Pennsylvania, you remember Musk was dealing with and that Daily sweepstakes and all of that stuff, he was hit again yesterday with with fresh claims in federal court court's there in Texas and Michigan. Jacqueline mcaferdy of Arizona alleged that she would not have signed that America pack petition petition and handed over all her personal identification information all that stuff if she knew the winners weren't picked at random.
Speaker 1: And they weren't and it was advertised as random.
Speaker 2: You can't do that, man, Well, we knew the We knew what the purpose was, and I talked about that yesterday how brilliant the move was, and that is, you can win a million dollars if you sign a petition, say saying you're in favor of the first and the second Amendment. And then what they do is they take that information, they glean that information, and now you data mine or the Trump campaign data minds for people that have a propensity if you're first and second Amendment person, propensity to possibly vote if you haven't voted. It was a way to get non voters or people hadn't voted before. The problem is you can win a million dollars.
Speaker 1: Uh huh.
Speaker 2: Turned out that you couldn't. It was they were selected to be spokespeople. So the random part, as you pointed out, Neil, is just not true and that is fraud.
Speaker 3: Yeah, working with promotions and marketing for a long time, we had all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Has to be legally buttoned up when you do that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he got really upset when we had contests that I made sure I want or a family member one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Pamela Handle, come on up and get your three T one.
Speaker 3: That's right, harbor A Handle, Please come up and get your queaz in art.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Okay, did Google and Meta miss the vote or maybe they were just a little late to the game, But Facebook, Instagram, Google YouTube all clamping down on political ads in an effort to combat misinformation that they say could undermine trust in the results of an election. Well, Meta last week started blocking advertisers from creating and running new ads about US social issues, elections, or politics across all its platforms, and that block was supposed to expire last night, but yesterday the company said it's extending it till later this week. And Google's going to implement it too, saying it's going to stend it through this.
Speaker 3: Week at least alrighty Giuliani, this guy Juliani shows up to vote in a Mercedes he was supposed to give to the poll workers because everything must go in his fire sale.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: He was ordered to specifically give up that car, and he didn't. And he drives up to the poles in that car. By the way, it was a car that was owned by Lauren Bacall. I mean big, you know, a true collector's item worth.
Speaker 1: A ton of money.
Speaker 2: And then remember that these two poll workers were to get everything that was in his apartment that he cleaned out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all gone. The place is empty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're the only thing that's left is one couch from Wayfair that's in his apartment.
Speaker 1: Had some bad hair guy. Yeah, that's about it. I think I think the judge is going to nail him on that. I mean, just nail him. Uber Man.
Speaker 5: Well, something has got this girl's goat.
Speaker 6: Jessica long as a nine year old daughter and her daughter used to have a pet goat, but that all ended when sheriff's deputies seized the goat named Cedar back in nineteen or in twenty twenty two while the goat was staying at a farm in northern California. They delivered the goat to Shasta County Fair officials and claimed that the county owed the goat.
Speaker 5: Well, it ends up that Cedar was slaughtered.
Speaker 1: Duh, but that wasn't she.
Speaker 3: It wasn't her goat, it was her goes, No, it was the it was the fair's goat.
Speaker 1: Well, she gave us to the fair and then turned around and wanted.
Speaker 2: It back because she felt it was a pet because she fell in love with it.
Speaker 1: So the fair said no to a nine year old girl that said I want my goat back.
Speaker 3: No, no goat for you signed a waver it was, But.
Speaker 2: Come on, it's a nine year old girl for God's sake. By the way, a quick delicious Yeah, that's the whole point. Coming up on Saturday, we're going to be at the wild work and lagoon and all and barbecuing, and there will be some pet goats that.
Speaker 1: Will be barbecued and matter particularly delicious.
Speaker 4: No, that's not the way it's going down in Ligod and the gal sir.
Speaker 2: In any case, three hundred thousand dollars that's what the family got yet, Yeah, you buy buy a lot of goats for three hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Such of goat tacos. Goodbye, mister gascone.
Speaker 4: Don't let the door hit you. Where the good lord splitching?
Speaker 3: Nathan Hawkman wins Los Angeles District Attorney race.
Speaker 1: But dot.
Speaker 4: It was a win for those that hate crime. What are you looking for?
Speaker 1: Handle?
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 1: What am I doing? I'm just looking around for paper.
Speaker 2: I've misplaced a lot of my paperwork, which I always do, but for.
Speaker 3: Someone who reminds me whose name is on the show every single day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have Okay, I'm broadcasting at home today. I have a very small area to work with. I'm just I'm here. I'm just trying to defend myself. And today has been particularly difficult because all of our printers broke down and all of it.
Speaker 1: So it's God bless yeah, and and saving the day.
Speaker 3: For sure, always always Okay, So we have a new DA That's what it comes down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, bottom line, we do.
Speaker 2: And Steve Gregory hopefully is going to join us up at seven thirty. We're trying to get a hold of Steve as a lot of moving parts as what normally happens on this show.
Speaker 1: All right, let's continue on.
Speaker 6: Well, does Amazon want its workers back or are they doing backdoor layoffs? Amazon's CEO said at a meeting yesterday where everybody was supposed to be there that their new plan to make employees be in the office again five days a week was not meant to force attrition or to satisfy city leaders, as employees have suggested.
Speaker 1: I have a question, what if it was okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Now, what a company can't do that a company can't.
Speaker 1: Number one, say we want attrition.
Speaker 2: Second of all, say we want everybody back in the office. Okay, as if a company doesn't have a right to do that, And who's going to say no to that?
Speaker 1: What the city? The government's going to say no?
Speaker 2: A private company can't ask everybody to come back to work. Just to ask people here at iHeart who were asked to come back to.
Speaker 1: Work and they're on the unemployment line.
Speaker 3: If they if they didn't say yes, what's next they're going to ask workers to work? Yeah?
Speaker 4: I know? Oh so if I don't work, it's going to be layoffs. Yeah, wing that.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: Republicans retake control of the US Senate after Democrats lose the majority, it's going to be an interesting four years to say the least.
Speaker 2: Oh, whether or not and if it if they if the Republicans take the House, and we don't know yet, Uh, it is going to be a zoo because then you have a Donald Trump Republican, well, Donald Trump, he's much more Donald Trump than he is Republican h and a Senate that's going to follow his lead and a House that's going to follow his lead.
Speaker 1: You're right, it's going to be more than interesting to say the least.
Speaker 6: Did Trump have the House and Senate when he when he was first president?
Speaker 1: I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I try to remember, Uh, I know Obama had at it for a period of time, that's when Obamacare went through, and then he lost it during the midterms, and I know I don't think.
Speaker 1: That he did because Nancy Pelosi was the speaker. I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So the answer is no on that side. Yes, Biden had both houses for a very small period of time, but then Biden got a little bit too old to realize that there is a Congress, so he didn't do much with it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, that's the only good part of this is he woke up not knowing anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: God, that's brutal, you know it Just there's no graciousness here on this show.
Speaker 1: And it's your fault, Neil.
Speaker 3: Oh, Yeah, I've been trained.
Speaker 4: You put on my training wheels. In ninety four, mister.
Speaker 6: Here comes Raphael and we're not talking teenage mutant Ninja turtle.
Speaker 1: It's a girl.
Speaker 6: It's a hurricane, and it's getting stronger. So it first cropped up a couple days ago and was a Category one when I got here, And now they're saying it's a category two and it's expected to hit Cuba later today. And Cuba just had a hit by a hurricane two weeks ago, I think Hurricane Oscar.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: And this is going to go into the golf and of course the Gulf waters are very warm, and it's going to hit landfall somewhere in the Gulf States. We don't know yet. And once again, do you really want to live there? Probably not? All right, guys, that's basically it. This is KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show.
Speaker 2: Catch my show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.