Speaker 1: I can't believe you told Lenning a car they could bring dates because they're not even coming to the wedding. Why not because there are s v P cards arrived one day after the deadline March.
Speaker 2: Maybe you should take a break from wedding planning. I think you're becoming a.
Speaker 1: Bridezilla, Bridezilla, a combination of bride and Godzilla. Could you say that were like you're a king wrong?
Speaker 3: Four Finger Discount, dude.
Speaker 4: Welcome to four Finger Discount, where this week we're getting married. It's gonna be a bit of a disaster, though it is wedding for Disaster. I'm Dando and I'm guy very surprised by this episode, have you yeah? You hate to say, no, I I hate to say because like this, I can hate those I mean, let's be honest. This episode. We're in the middle of season twenty right, well two thirds of the way through season twenty are and I saw wedding for Disaster. I saw the tagline was like margin Homer get married again. But then Homer baales the tagline. I went, oh, boy, is it gonna be fun another one of these ones? Eye Homer, You're done fucked up? But yeah, yes, and to our surprise, not necessarily the case wedding for disaster feels like the writers room went, all right, we're in the middle of season twenty. People are hating on the show because they think that we've created joke ass Homer. Right, joke Arshmer has gone full joke ass and he still has existed in season twenty. This feels somewhat like them trying to retcon the character and go, we messed up, Yes, we promise, we'll try and do good going forward. I can't recall many episodes between now and I've only really watched the last maybe two or three seasons of The Simpsons newer Ones rights maybe four or five, and joke Assoman doesn't really exist anymore. And I went, when did they get rid of joke ass Homer? I wonder if this is it? I hope this is it. I hope this is when they've gone.
Speaker 5: This is the returning point, hopefully.
Speaker 4: Because how can you have this episode and then go back to joke ass Homer. How can you have him read those wedding vows? Because I'm watching this going they even use Paddy and some of the two characters on the show who hate Homer more than any other character on the show. He won them over. If he can win them over, then he should be able to win us over. That's I think that they use them effectively as the tools to go see even Paddy and someone like him again. So if they like him, then you should like him again. Hopefully they keep going forward and he stays this version of home because this was.
Speaker 5: Lovely, Absolutely it was.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 5: Look, we're not saying that Homer shouldn't be insensitive or thoughtless or a buffoon for the sake of comedy.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's like for comedies, and as long as there are ripercussions for his actions, he's held a cannibal for them, because that's the annoying thing for joke. As Homer, it's felt in the teen years was he's a jerk and Home it just goes.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's our hom Yes, shouldn't. Shouldn't happen. And we've been increasingly frustrated watching episodes, frustrated watching the behavior getting worse and worse, there being no blowback for us and it just being sort of standard operating procedure. We don't like it. We get a feeling that a lot of the viewers that the Simpsons didn't like it either, and I want it appears maybe some of the creative people thought, as well, look, this isn't working out too well, or this is straying too far from what we initially had in mind for the Simpsons.
Speaker 4: I wonder if by this point, so under this air, the original air of this one was in two thousand and Stanley Guy was still a thing I set up because I remember they sort of turned Homer, they changed him to sort of become more of like a Peter Griffin character. Right, So the Family Guy really took off and started ninety nine to two thousand, but it took off about two thousand and four. Maybe the fad of Family Guy was dying down a little bit and they went, oh, we can maybe sort of diet tone that down a bit now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, quite possible. It felt like they're deliberately.
Speaker 4: Trying to reckon the character, in my opinion, in this episode.
Speaker 5: It feels that way, it doesn't it. Yeah, I mean you're sort of getting back to Homer being kind of dumb but good hearted, essentially a bit selfish, but not bad underneath at all. And this is what came through in this episode more than more than anything, and certainly more in previous episodes where he's just acted out or acted up or behaved badly.
Speaker 4: And Marge comes across quite negative in this episode, but it's only because she's going full bride zilla mode. And I actually thought it was nice to see Marge finally get her bride' zilla moment because she she's gone through a lot, Marge, and she's sacrificed a lot, and she's compromised. Now she's finally getting the wedding that she deserved, that she want, that she wanted and to deserve, but she's to go one full Bridezilla and oh yeah. They use that though, as a way to also make you feel sympathy for Homer again, because he's going, can I have a rocket cake? She's going no, no, no, no, you can choose the icing. Okay, I want chocolate. Nobo're getting Lenanon. You know, I think it's one of my trivia questions. But it's just a case of I just thought Homer throughout this episode was really relatable.
Speaker 5: Well yeah, I mean, if you've been in a relationship quite some time, or you've been married or whatever, we're staring into some cliches and some stereotypes, but I think there are certain occasions like that when you when the male half of the of the relationship in a heterosexual relationship will go along to get along. We're like, I think the feeling this is more important to you than it is to me. It's more you know, you're going to be the focus of attention on this time. Let's let it go right for you.
Speaker 4: That was very much me on the weddingdow. I went, I don't care, just do it.
Speaker 5: I don't care. I love you. Thought that was good anyway. Yeah, it looks it's wholly justifiable for Marge to want things her way as she does. She's never had this opportunity before, That's correct. Yeah, I mean, look, I must have been. I was doing a little of my own, not red conning. But you know how we like to tinker with episodes.
Speaker 4: We say fix, fix, and sometimes we do it.
Speaker 5: I was thinking, oh, not that this was a heel turn from Marge or anything like that, or wholly unexpected or anything like that, but I was saying, oh, it would have been for me at least it would have been interesting, or would again an episode a little more flow if she's sort of fallen prey to like as I have watching reality TV and watching Bridezilla or something like that and just getting infected that way, as opposed to just it being something that she's been holding in deep inside. Although that works as well.
Speaker 4: That's actually a good point. I feel like five years ago there, because there was an era of the show of the Simpsons where it felt like they were constantly parroting reality shows. It was always like that, Oh yeah, they were frustrated. This show is so popular now and our show is not as popular as it once was. Though now frustrated, they're getting their angry out through the rining of the show. We haven't seen a good, not a good, but we haven't seen a parody of a reality show for a while. This was season sixteen. I think that's exactly what the story would have been. She watched bride Zilla as the TV show and she got swayed by them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and but no, she's been She's justified in wanting wanting her day, her way, as they say, so, we are the hard way. That is a banger, if you say so. If you're a wrestling fan, you definitely think it's a banger because it was using the best highlight reel of all time to promote the Steve Boston versus Rock match at Wrestling in seventeen, considered the best highlight package of all time in wrestling history.
Speaker 4: I understood maybe like six of those words we spoke about Hill. That's when the greatest baby phase of all time. Stone called Steve Boston turned heel, and everyone went, we want to boo this guy, and wrestling was never the same.
Speaker 5: I can never imagine Stone called Steve Buston as a babyface.
Speaker 4: He was the anti establishment, so everyone loved him because he was a what do you call those, an anti heel kind of thing, anti hero, anti heroes, anti anti hero where basically he was the guy beating up his boss every week and everyone lived vi carously. And then after that match he shook the boss's hand and signed a deal of the devil and everyone was like, ah, oh, we thought so the one reason we watched this show is now not here any.
Speaker 5: We thought you were to take this We thought you were to take this job and shove it guy Stone Cold.
Speaker 4: Yes, I will say this episode here feels like a treeouse of horror gone begging. I'm a big fan of Saw franchise or the original Saw film that Saw franchise, the original Saw film. I remember seeing two maybe three at the movies, But I liked the original Saw because I just have that nostalgia for being shocked. Not many movies shocked me with a twist, and that one really shocked me. I remember going, WHOA, that's that's real, that's happening. This one here feels like it could have been a treouse of horror segment. It's almost like they created a tree house of horror segment and went, ah, we can't.
Speaker 5: We haven't got space to use on this week. This year is special. Let's build an episode around it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm trying to remember when Saw came. Okay, so lobbies a little bit late to the party, although yeah, we're probably deep in the Saw franchise, as you say, Yeah, I mean they were turning them out like once a year or so.
Speaker 4: Yeah, two thousand and four was the first one. Yeah, Lee were Now that's right on the movie Guarde. That's great.
Speaker 5: And the mythology of the Saw legend just got increasingly convoluted and strange. But yeah, people were turning out for those Saw movies.
Speaker 4: Man, wow, we so Saw one two thousand and four, Saw two, two thousand and five, SAW three, two thousand and six, Saw four, two thousand and seven, Saw five and eight, two nine, twenty ten, So six years straight, seven years straight there was new Saw films. That's pretty much they what they did with the Friday of the Turnings movies, you know, back in the eight usually the ones. Yeah, yeah, they were just like they were trying to get them out at least once a year, or Nightmare and Night Realms as well.
Speaker 5: And that's cool.
Speaker 4: Oh I wish we did more of that now, like, oh, yes, I New Friday third, like I think of a modern day film. Yes, it's a new Sinners, you know, yeah.
Speaker 5: That's true. I mean I think Blomhouse was trying to do that with the New Meghan, you know, the Killer Doll, the dancers, you know, I think they brought the second one of those out, but yeah, I get the feeling year Blomhouse wanted to do that kind of thing where it's conjuring.
Speaker 4: Give mean that one.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no Megan, Okay, no, there's Annibal. There's Annibal the Haunted Doll, Annabelle the Haunted Doll. But then there's also Megan, which is kind of like the oh yes, like a robot. Yeah, I know what you mean now with the three that's right. No, But I love the idea of just some enterprising hustler producers, like it's the same ship every time different. Yeah, yeah, I love that.
Speaker 4: But I feel like this could have been a really good Saw parody, like they had all the elements there for they.
Speaker 5: Well, they did a good Saw parody. Yeah, you're right in terms of like, oh, it would have been interesting treehouse thing. But I think they folded it really well into this. I must admit when I initially when they had the scene with like Homer wakes up in the room and he's like he's chaining, like, oh, you don't sore, it was a little late all that kind of stuff. The way they played it out I thought was actually pretty good in terms of like who had imprisoned him, the stuff that he had to go through, and the stuff he was willing to go through.
Speaker 4: They flipped the script on, you know, saw Jigsaw actually falling for the victim.
Speaker 5: That's right. Yeah, yeah, So I thought Homer recquitted himself like a boss in that torture rooma that he did very very well stay true to himself and to march.
Speaker 4: What were your thoughts when you read those vows. I'm reading this going this feels nothing like the Homer we've experienced for the last decade. But I'm glad this is happening now and hopefully it could just persists going forward.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, I think we expect certain things from home, or I think we expect him to be a bit of a goof yeah, say inappropriate things, doing inappropriate stuff. But at the heart of it, as I was saying before, he's good heart.
Speaker 4: He loves his kids, loves his family, even if they drive him to distraction. I know he said, God, I miss her sister's right, that was like the kicker for them. But I was just really glad that he said I miss you much and I missed my kids, And I was like, I'm glad they acknowledged the kids as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, Well he's the original family guy. And that's right, he said in a Trey Parker boys. I don't know why I did that, just combining all the very show, Yeah, bringing everything together. Speaking of unified theory of four finger discount, this is something I wanted to bring up just quickly because at the start, it's the inciting incident that the Parson comes to town. It's like, well, you know, it's interesting that we're that this episode is coming at the time. The parson is the parson, of course, but they're treating it kind of like, oh, it's the Pope coming to town and we got a new pope.
Speaker 4: I was watching this going the Unified theory because we've got Catholics the.
Speaker 8: World over and like, yeah, we got a new pope.
Speaker 5: We got Papa Leo. Yeah, from Chicago, all the all the world leads are meeting him. It's funny. I was watching the news with the Lovely Loise last night. Elbow Anthony Albanezi, the Australian Prime Minister, has gone to the Vatican to meet with Pope Leo. They had a shot of Elbow sitting in some audience in the Vatican had like a really slick pair of sungline and I was like, oh, check out Elbow. Lose Like, don't tell me a crushing on Elbow and his ray beards.
Speaker 4: I said a little bit, you love you expensive glasses, though I do.
Speaker 5: That is true. I was like, there's a man who knows quality I wear. Yeah, that's my Prime minister. But yeah, I just looked at it.
Speaker 4: Like you ridiculous, one of the odds of the new pope, and then the pope comes to town. Here on the Simpsons, the opening act was kind of just there. For me, it was it felt kind of long winded to get to the point it did.
Speaker 5: And yeah, the one of my last notes about that, you wouldn't even call it a first act. You'd call it like the the first act.
Speaker 4: I guess the first act was finally him telling Homer and margin they went married. It went for five minutes or so it was. It was two minutes before the episode started. We had the full intro, then an extended couch gag. True, whenever they get the full intro and a long couch gag, I always go, oh, yeah, that can be a good one.
Speaker 5: But every by the end the parson gag with the whole oh looks like you've got a yeah.
Speaker 4: The songs were funny, were kind of funny, and that was Cosby, right cross Crosby so not Cosby.
Speaker 5: Oh shit, now we're talking about mid twentieth century kroner Bing. Crossby looked like the biggest star in the world for a certain period. Okay, by the end that gag was I was like, oh, you've you've got every last bit of juice out of this, and now you're like you're squeezing an orange Rider's like, give me a little bit more.
Speaker 4: Who was the Parsons Simpsons. Who was the voice of that? It sounds to me like it's a Dan one, right, a Parson. Hag is Aria was a voice. Yeah, it just seems to me like it seems like Harry Sheira For a second, it just seems like Hank did the voice one time. Just thinking at Crosby impersonation, I'm like, let's work this into something because you said they really milked it, didn't.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh yeah, I must admit when they when he first arrived and he sort of looks a bit like being Crosby. Then he starts just closing a thing, a little bit of a song. It's like, oh, they're doing that's unexpected in like two thousand and nine, given that, you know, you ask the average person on the street, Hey, how about they've been Grosby? Like, first of all, get away from me again. Though.
Speaker 4: It's one of those gags where as a kid, you have no idea what it is, but you're like it's something and you have.
Speaker 5: To and you do your research and you learn a little bit more.
Speaker 4: I'm just looking up that the Parson actually appears in many episodes going forward. He becomes a character he's just called the Parson, Okay, Yeah, a charismatic lower management leader of the Pressbury Lutheran Faith practice in Springfield.
Speaker 5: Well, it's kind of an interesting dynamic because you tend to think of Reverend love Joy as not holier than now, but yeah, persisting himself as kind of a moral authority and as an extension of that not a boss of the town is kind of like, well, all things have got to go through Reverend love Joy, and to him have him being intimidated by someone who upper management but was supposedly like his peer. Yeah.
Speaker 4: What they say is like it was your roommate or something, and they don't play it on they they mentioned it. I thought, why would you mention it and not play it for a story?
Speaker 5: I thought, I guess they might. They must do that later on. But yeah, him be Hey, I'm kind of a big fish in Springfield, but he comes to the bigger fish. Everybody loves him and he's kind of he's got my number. Yeah. I like that. It's I think I find it. I found that kind of fun. Do you think the parson was arrogant. I think he was very sure of himself. Oh yeah, he.
Speaker 4: Knew what he what he was. He knows what he brings to the table. He seems nice.
Speaker 5: Though, seems nice, but also yeah, like, what's that saying? What was a bee? Humble? But let motherfuckers know that's him.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure that's how let him Alton describe George Lucas, Right.
Speaker 5: That's right, please please just come down. I'm just a person, just like it. But I also creative star war. I didn't forget you.
Speaker 4: I thought the Parson was going to go a bit of a hill turn here. When he's like, I'm just here to let you know they are you credit card decline? I thought, oh, reverend fucked no. But he's just he's slipping the ship and every once a whayle just reminding him that you're down here, I'm up there kinda say a couple of bad not bad taste jokes, but maybe bad taste jokes in this I mean they were of the time, of course, halla jokes. Well yeah, I'm you're when she was Harold and wait what.
Speaker 5: Well I'm watching this going what is the point.
Speaker 4: Of saying that actually there is there is real No, there is no point. There is absolutely no point because it doesn't make sense. She's had a daughter. She said, Jessica, Yeah, what are we doing? Why would you make a trans gag like that makes no sense?
Speaker 5: When she was haled, Yeah, why are you playing sort of mind games with the with Reverend Lovejoy like that? I don't know. So it struck me as kind of like it just left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth. Sorry, I don't want to pet woke or anything like that, but I mean, and yeah, I wasn't even approaching at the point of view like that's in bad taste, guys. It's more like, what's the point? What's the point? Yeah? Yeah, It's like later on when sorry, I've done that thing where you know you write the thing, but you haven't when we do trivia questions, like I know the answer, but I another question.
Speaker 4: What have you written?
Speaker 5: I've written?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 5: How did you check?
Speaker 4: So he said, isn't this a bit gay? Because last time time I checked, pirates weren't gay.
Speaker 5: That's right. How did you check?
Speaker 8: That?
Speaker 4: Was such a random thing? I went again, what this that there had no impact on the episode that was not needed went for about five seconds.
Speaker 5: Why did you include it? We were talking about how you know this episode felt like a bit of a steer away from the SETH MacFarlane family guy school of comedy. And again I don't want to be like, come on, guys, you know, oh that's age badly or something like that. But yeah, again, it's like, it wasn't funny. Yeah, not necessarily that funny. If they're funny, then not more for it.
Speaker 4: But it wasn't funny.
Speaker 5: I think the feeling that would be kind of funny coming out of someone else's mouth or another characters now on another show.
Speaker 4: No, I just don't think it didn't go for long enough. There was, but it was just random. Here's the thing, isn't this a big gay?
Speaker 5: Well that yeah, that But as listeners of Bob's Pod and other Full Finger Discount shows will know, big big fan of h. John Benjamin, his voice, acting and his delivery. I get the feeling. I can hear that in Bob Belcher's voice. How'd your check? It's like I can hear it working in that rebout.
Speaker 4: If you have the sea captain for whatever reason, So to set up the situation is the Sea Captain is the one saying last night Jack Pirates weren't gay whatever and had your check and it was cutting him, going yeah, maybe something like that could be because they've implied that the Sea Captain's gay many times. That's past, but this has felt But let's not focus on their Okay, yeah, look's focused on some favorite moments, shall we.
Speaker 5: You did that so well, that really well, I'm very proud of you. It is official.
Speaker 4: We have finally launched Bob's Pods, a Bob's Burger's podcast, reviewing every episode of the series exclusively on our Patreon. We dissect the relationships, the themes, the burger specials, and everything else that goes into making Bob's Burgers one of the most loved animated series today. So if you want to sink your teeth into one of the tastiest podcasts going around, join the four Fingerniscang family today at patreon dot com.
Speaker 5: Four figure discount.
Speaker 4: Four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows each and every week. Our supporters get early in add free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking sci Fild, and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash four figure discount. Hey, my favorite favorite moments, what do we got? Well?
Speaker 5: Speaking of like Homer stuff being silly or slow on the uptake or something. I thought this exemplified it really well, where Reverend loved was going around and he sort of saying, okay, I wasn't registered, so this is invalid. This is not valid. Whatever knocks on the Simpsons, Reverend love Joe, you delivered pizzas now a pizza? Yeah? No, that's a really good sort of non secure. It's like, yeah, why would else, why would someone become to do it? They've probably got to be delivering pizza. Why is it Reverend Lovejoy delivering pizza? Yeah? Like then the whole thing, Marge, we order pizza and the pizza is not even here. I thought that was I thought that was pretty funny. I like the other Homer line that I liked was when he discovers he's in the saw room and he's like, I'm chained up like a common bicycle. That I missed that line. Yeah, and also I thought this was very sweet. Yeah, we talked about how Homer came through with being a devoted husband to March. When he discovers that the lollipop is like has got the key in it or whatever, He's like, Oh, this is easy. Look at Oh it's hot sauce. He just keeps going through with it. He's just gonna, he's gonna. He wants to get back to March. He could have he could have smashed that lollipop. I'm thinking the same thing. He could have done that, but yeah, he just keeps lick at it like a g good good man.
Speaker 4: What are your thoughts on hot sauce. I'm a bit of a I'm a I'm a weakling when it comes to hot spicy stuff.
Speaker 5: Can't do it. I like them. I get the feeling that in the year twenty twenty five, or just in the twenty twenties, being a hot source guy is kind of cliche. It's like being a Fedora guy. You know, if you haven't traded anything too, you've trade Carolina reap it or you know the guy with a well kept bed drinking a pale ale. Yeah, yeah, it's like and oh my nacho's were good, but he pulls out his own personal one that he made. Yeah, you know you used to be able to get those little bottles of sarachi that keys like that kind of person having said that, that's me, No, but I do like a hot sauce. There's an Austrain brand called Bunsters. They're really going for that whole thing. It's like, oh, it's so hard to drive you and saying like, you know, have little things on it, like there's a sixteen out of ten on the hot scale, may cause anal leakage and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: Really, yeah, anal leakage, it says that, Yeah, anal leakage is a horrific term. That is true a leaky and one's called shit the bed and all that kind of suff It's very much like, are you tough enough to have this old spores? And of course I was challenge accepted, you won't. I can never go too wild with it. But if I'm making guacamalle, I will put a few. I feel like I'm making milk of the Monster, two drops of sinister. Yeah, and that's what I put it, put into the guacamole. And no I listening has any idea what you're talking about Milton the Monster. I said, I have a mother who grew up in the sixth seventies of his show, so I know exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I allude to this the other day. It's terrible when me going to Ali, Hey, Ali, you know Humphrey be Bears, Like, what when your pop culture references start dying on the vine, it's just really really there.
Speaker 4: Well, Simpsons references are now dying in the vine for people. People who are twenty so have no idea that watch of Simpsons. They just didn't watch it.
Speaker 5: Let me ask you something, if you ever heard of a band called The Violent Them, Yeah, of course I have. Yeah, Okay, I get the feeling they don't have as much cultural sort of cachet as they used to. But I'm cool enough to know who they are. Well, that's true. Cool, but yeah, back in the eighties we were like, you ain't cool and listen listen to the balon Fams Pixies as well. Yeah, but they had a song called kiss off, and there's a line in it where I'm leasing a Gordon ganno go. I hope you know that this will go down on your permanent record. Now, I was used to use that as kind of like a punchline. Okay, yeah, I got it. Yeah, man, that's if someone did something wrong or you know, someone ye made a mis staatement. I hope you know this will go down on your permanent record. As we were saying, if you know, you know, and they will go cool gay. Yeah, nobody knows it anymore. And I was like, oh, it feels really sad. I got to phase that out of my personal voca.
Speaker 4: Maybe we'll just you persist with it, Just persist. Well, that's the other.
Speaker 5: Thing, you know, if you know you've won, then you've won.
Speaker 4: So it's also one of those things where it just sounds funny anyway it does indeed. Yeah, but I want to give a shout out. We're talking about hot Sauce and whatnot, Chrispy Chili Oil, Chili Oil. My man Lee former boss at k Rock here and Jelong would move the triple and and whatnot. He's got the DC cartel and they gone really well. He left radio to start his own ChIL company. And yeah, so the original nineteen eighty three dccartail dot com, dot A you check it out? Oh my goodness, yeah amazing. Can we get some of this to train? Well, they sent some right, and you used it all. Know what happened was Nicola put it into the pantry and put up the pages because the guy and of course the kids pulled out their cereal and it all smashed on the floor. All we had chili oil across the entire floor.
Speaker 5: So I'm going to contact my man once again. See if you considers the word chili oil, we'd appreciate that. Delicious.
Speaker 4: Yeah, dccartail dot com, dot you dit sponsors or anything. Just is my mate help me out, helping him out? Friend of the pod, Friend of the pod. Indeed, Yeah, those are things I like. One other thing that I did like was Marge cleaning her cleaning products.
Speaker 5: Yes, it fel very muge. They didn't did what did you enjoy it?
Speaker 4: I love you know, I'm a big fan of special features, Yes, in particular audio commentarists. And Krusty and such a Bob had it an afternoon together and they watched the deluxe DVD edition. The deluxe David Edition. I missed those times of the how and Sanded Fog, House of Sanded Fog. Yeah, I think it's It's just called House of Sand and Fog, House of Sandy Fog, not the House. Okay, it can be confusing. Oh, Blues Brothers not the Blues Brothers. Is a Blue Bums or the Blues Brothers. It's the Blues brother Some people just call it Blues Brothers.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, so house is sand and fog and then they wash it with commentary and I love slash bubb Gone.
Speaker 5: Director was a jerk.
Speaker 4: No, it didn't say that. Sorry, the director was an ass. I also really liked this was a sign gag. I'm surprised it didn't make your favorite modes. I know you're a big Quimby fan, the Quimby one.
Speaker 5: Oh, I know the Quimby one. Yeah. I had to step on one of my trivia.
Speaker 4: Okay, yes, so the swell Air Hotel, Simpson's Affair in the Ballroom A and a Quimby extra marital Affair in Room four three too correct? Yes, nice to Okay, there was also one to watch you questions? Well, everyone, two of mine. Let's get to trivia.
Speaker 5: What's left to trivia. We've we've talked about our favorite monthes. We'll talk about more, but yeah, trivia.
Speaker 2: Next question, you there eating the paste?
Speaker 5: Shall I start? All you? You start?
Speaker 4: Because I've got one left.
Speaker 5: Then Helen Lovejoy brought her bought her fire poker from where Nova Scotia, Nova Scotia. Yea.
Speaker 4: My final question I'll find some more is who was filming Marge's wedding?
Speaker 5: Well, I'm assuming it's Gary because it's from Gary's Magic Moment. Correct. Yeah, that's a great name for like a videographer or photographers to a local wedding.
Speaker 4: DJ Guy, I did our wedding. DJ Mitch who passed away suddenly.
Speaker 5: Oh that's right. DJ Mitch is dead. Yeah, he passed away.
Speaker 4: He was like he was a hero in Geelong because what he would do is he'd get old historical photos. Right, we have his It sounds so random, but we have this thing called Geelong Historical Societies.
Speaker 5: I was called, and people in Geelong it's on Facebook. That's necessarily that random. I know, it's just I don't know you're talking about it. I'm sure people listening like what the fuck? I'm sure people you have your localized Facebook groups and people would post old school photos of Gelong and what the are rare damage and ripped or whatever, and he'd fix them up, he'd colorize them and make them all looking great. And then one day it's just like, oh, DJ Mitch just passed away, just sort of just dropped dead kind of thing. Essentially, everyone went, I didn't know the guy. I feel like, oh yeah, every like Geelong felt sad for a day. Oh yeah, he was a local personality. Yeah, and he DJD wedding.
Speaker 4: He filmed their wedding for us I garage Magic Moses's DJ Mitch.
Speaker 5: DJ Mitch Rip DJ Mitch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what That's what Mitch did after he left forefing a discount.
Speaker 5: I have a question for you, Yeah, or do I? Yeah, Gary's magic mon was actually one of mine. How long was our pooh waiting for his license at the d M D forty five minutes? Forty five minutes for me, I really liked this and it was random, but it made sense. Who were Marge's bridesmaids, Manduela and Cookie one?
Speaker 4: Cookie one watched the Asian kind of random that Cookie one, but I went, no, Well, she worked with Marge at the REATA Okay, here's something.
Speaker 5: You are the font of all Simpson's knowledge. Here's something, ah kinder, You've also got Google in front of do Yes, okay. They allude to Poo might have got lucky with Patty Summer Selma just planting the seed of Patty and somewhere earlier on in the episode. Yeah, yeah, at the re wedding or something like that.
Speaker 4: I liked that album of the show they re visited and now, yeah, Manngula separated. Yeah, because he cheated on it with the blonde? Oh wait, were they separated or not? Because he got back together, but it was like a love hate relationship, right.
Speaker 5: Okay, so I was unsure of the timeline.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was because they split up because he got caught cheated with the squishy girl.
Speaker 5: Remember, Oh, what's wrong Poo Manula whether they might have been like a forgive and forget kind of deal, but maybe.
Speaker 4: Not part time Quacky might employee. She's still married apparently too. Yeah, because they just sort of passed it off like, oh, I think he got lucky with Mandula, sorry with Salmat like it was no big deal.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's worth enough more discussion. Let's just move on.
Speaker 5: From there, shall we.
Speaker 4: I do like though that they touched on the previous wedding episode and explained because I was like, oh, yeah, this is this actually happened, So things are canon, Matt Salmon Cannon when you wanted to be.
Speaker 5: Okay, have we done an even number of tribut questions? Let's move on to Patren shot at shall we? It's much more fun. It is much more fun tickling when we're talking about.
Speaker 4: The lovely Katy g kay d g one hundred dollars support. Thank you so much, Katie for continuing to support us. Here at four finger Discount also shouts to the following top tier supporters Stonecutters. Here at four finger Discount we have Justin Parker, Chaney, Macher, Elliott, j O'Neil is, a Bella, Murphy, Reached Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sean Dvi, Pete Anderson, Timothy Belson, Andrew Davis, Kevin Dental, Planned Flood Bellow winder Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath Appleby, Adrick McLeod, Mark Treleven Ginger and Pickle Preston, Murray, tale En Riquez, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan b James Sheppard Joe Reading Sect, Dave Pretzels McNally, Gavin Lange, Dami Miller and Charlie Joe top tier Stokecaud supporters, Thank you so much for continuing to do so and support us here at four finger Discount. Remember if you join the four finger Discant family this month and you're on the five dollar plus tiars, you'll get your name right out on next week's mail bag show. What a hall of fame, Hall of fame. Indeed, let's get into a review show with though. Let's of the episode. So the original air day of wedding for Disaster was March twenty ninth, two thousand and nine. Would you like to know the top three films at the box office at that time? What was big in two thousand and nine?
Speaker 5: Do you think it's I don't know. Would you say monsters versus aliens? Well, now that you mention it, yeah, I mean monsters are always big, aliens are always big. Imagine pitting the two of them against one, now you'd probably be number one.
Speaker 4: I never watched the film, but the kids watched it recently, was on Netflix, I think, and they sort of kids just find things. Now I feel like I put down streaming services a lot. There is an element now that kids can operate the remote finding movies much like I used to discover films at the video store, when you're just browsing through and you see the picture and you go, I know what this is about because I can't read, but the.
Speaker 5: Pictures look good.
Speaker 4: Sure, And they go and they discovered Mosses versus Aliens and they love it. They really really enjoy it.
Speaker 5: Yah. It's a very generous way of looking at the modern age.
Speaker 4: The Haunting in Connecticut was number two at the US box office at the time. No recollection at all, Nope. And the third one, you may know it. It's knowing. Oh film here and Gelong it part of it, part of it certainly Nicholas Cage, who is going to be playing He's in the movie that was filmed in Geelong, Madden.
Speaker 5: Different movie. Oh is it okay? Different movie? Yeah, the one in Geelong is Mister Irrelevant starring the New Superman. Yeah. Nicholas Cage is playing Madden in Madden, which is about John Madden and him being part of the biggest sports video game in history. Yeah, Madden NFL like Madden Madden. Yeah, Shlock, Shane Warre ninety nine.
Speaker 4: But it's Madden Madden like Bruce mcivat again, it's like mcavanny twenty five, Bruce mcavanni and acclaimed sports commentator here Astralia. Absolute legend, absolute legend indeed. But yeah, So the original edit, as I said, of this episode, was March twenty ninth, two thousand and nine, production code Lab F zero five, written by Joel H. Cohen, directed by Chuck Sheets. Guest stars Calsi Grummer as Sacho Bob for a brief cameo.
Speaker 5: Yeah, nice that he came back.
Speaker 4: Need a Sarchobob episode every season other than they used to do in the Gold Near But it felt like by this point, twenty years and how many times can he come back and do the same thing. So him just making a cameo like this, I'm all for it.
Speaker 5: That's a nice little rug pull.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then the chopball game. My piggy bank is not entitled to TARP funds.
Speaker 5: What is TARP. TARP is troubled Asset Relief Program. Relief program is essentially the bailout for banks.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, there we go, and the couch gag for dinner courses resembling Homer, Lisa, March and Bart are all eaten. And then we have an after dinner mint of Maggie, and it turns out it is the comic book guy who has been eating them. He wipes his face. I think in the grease looks like the family on the couch. Correct catch, not too bad, not too bad, indeed, not too bad, not too bad. The episode kicks off with us on Us with the town at church Today is Shadrack. They you pronounce it shadrack, the other friend of I'm not religious apologies.
Speaker 5: The only reason I know about shadow, about these particular characters is because the Beast Boys had a song about them on Paul's tick Shadrack, Mishack and a bed and to go. It's Paul's tick the LP I bought for you it is. Yes, it's the second Beast of Boys album and just one of the best albums of all time.
Speaker 4: I bought you an original one too. It wasn't like a reprint, but Lovejoy explains how there are only two real commandments here the other eight of filler. What are the two real ones?
Speaker 5: Do you think? I'm pretty sure they all shall not kill is up there and murder Yeah, and well, if they're coming direct from God, I imagine like the shall not disrespect God.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am God. Nobody else, yeah, noticing No the icon or something, isn't it no other idol?
Speaker 5: Yeah? False? Yeah, no graven images or some something like that. Anyway, but he has some exciting cover your neighbor's wife.
Speaker 4: Then he has some exciting news though, and tomorrow there'll be a visit from the highest ranking clergyman of the presby Lutheran faith, his Holiness the Parson, which is the Simpsons version of the Pope. Yes, indeed, yeah, except he's far core than the Pope.
Speaker 5: No, Papa looks like cool dude, he does. Yeah, just I mean it's the gear, like this guy's rocking up. You just you know. Yeah, he's been Crosby, isn't he being Crosby? Yeah? Yeah, everyone's very well does everyone's very excited, but Flanders is very He's excited enough for everybody. Yeah, Homie's patterned high pitch squeal. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Homie uses this as an excuse to leave by saying they're going is it sniffing salts.
Speaker 5: Or whatever, We're going to get some smelling smelling salts.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they bail. Then we get the news report at the I gues say the grand opening, but it's the grand arrival.
Speaker 9: I should say Springfielders have camped out all night to get a glimpse of the most safely person that's in our town since Mother Teresa stopped to guess au Per vesper and I'm.
Speaker 4: Telling all sorts of faith based knickknacks.
Speaker 2: Let's take a look.
Speaker 8: I'd commit arson for the parson clergyman can kiss my apps?
Speaker 5: Oh kinds of gems.
Speaker 10: Surprisingly none of them have sold except for this one.
Speaker 4: This scene came across like we've a couple of putting a few puns together. We want to get we have to get him out of our system.
Speaker 5: How can we do it? These are too good to put on the whiteboard and the writers or even just share amongst that. So with these are signed gags. They couldn't find signs for very good thinking. Yeah, so what was it?
Speaker 4: I'd commit arson for the parson clergyman can kiss my apps? And then the third one he didn't read out, but he sees, who would Jesus do do you think that's a legal didn't know. We can't have mo saying this, but you can read it.
Speaker 5: You can read it and if you're willing to have to, if you're willing to pay the attention, well, you know, you may feel you may laugh, or you may be offended.
Speaker 4: But I remember there was a website. What would Tyler Durton do?
Speaker 5: Do you remember that? I'm aware of it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: What happened to that website?
Speaker 5: I don't know. All the websites that were huge then just sort of just went bankrupt really quickly. Well that's true. Yeah, the ashes fell out. We got this saying when you know, if you're going to warn against, don't put your nudes on the internet. The internet is forever. It's not really forever. So many things that wait.
Speaker 4: Which was the website that whole Hogan sued? Oh that was Gorka Gorka was it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Hawker Media, Yeah, yeah, because he was.
Speaker 4: Releasing the racist stuff, wasn't it.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Well he's bankrolled by Peter Teel's like one of the biggest, one of the richest people in the world. It's all very sketchy, but wonderful. What a wonderful world.
Speaker 4: Unfortunately for mo though, none of these things have sold except for the welcome passing badges, just.
Speaker 5: Like news has never been so after Yeah.
Speaker 4: The parson then arrives and planners asked for a quick church position on family. It gives his position his family is more important than ever and makes his mustache tingle. And then he says, I'm just a man. I'm just a man like any other. There's been chosen by guard. As you're saying, like, he's very he's humble, but he wants you to make oh, sure you're aware I'm also the man. The man, Yes, yeah, I was chosen by God. He said he's come from the World Spiritual Headquarters located.
Speaker 5: In Michigan City.
Speaker 4: He said he's going to go speak to Reverend love Joy as well. And this is where we find out that he was his old roommate from Texas Christian And they just don't play into that at all, do they. They've got some history there, ye, I guess that's why they're so casual with each other.
Speaker 5: I think they did just enough. You know, I just sort of give you a hint into their background and why Lovejoy would feel the way he feels. You know, he's, like I said, he's the big fish in this small town. But yeah, the guy he shared a room with that Texas Christian's gone on to become the parson.
Speaker 4: And I think he's interesting enough as a character where you could, like I said, he obviously returns buy into a story down the track. They've established here. They were friends in their roommates. There'll be an episode at some point.
Speaker 5: It's like if you were at school with mister Beast.
Speaker 4: Please know that's that's wild man.
Speaker 5: Doesn't smile, just shows his teeth, just shows his teeth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what annoys me is that he now has action figures. It was like some it was a beast. It's like it's this blue Beast thing. And his kids at school they put out these toys. I said, what are they? They look like he man toys go it's mister Beast's toys.
Speaker 5: And I went, oh, man.
Speaker 4: I'm so out of touch. Mister Beast is now action figures anyway, But he says he's he's nervous.
Speaker 5: He tries.
Speaker 4: He says to Helen, look, he's the pope of this thing, you know, and she says, don't worry about it. Don't worry about it at all. And so it'd be like you if Mary Kate visited you when you were selling her cosmetics. That's if you stuck with it, and she says, well, you asked me to a quick cause I was making more money than you. On are the odds that we finally we get a take on husband Insecurity the week after we do Springfield Connection? True, but that's I can buy into love Joy not wanting Helen to make more money.
Speaker 5: Than him, can't you? Oh yeah, I think he's pretty traditional. I think, yeah, I think it sort of want things to go the way they.
Speaker 4: They greet him as he arrives, Helen talks up that she's waxed the pews and whatnot, and he wants to talk in private and Lovejoy's office and sings another one of his songs on the way there. Just as I said, just comes across like Hankazaria just does a good thing. So they just went with it.
Speaker 5: Wax in the pews.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's here because Lovejoy's card has declined when they charge his filing fee for his recertification, So everything he's done for that three month period wasn't void. So it wasn't the previous three months.
Speaker 5: It was a while ago. Parent correct, Yes, And yeah, I mean I think they do a pretty good job. They don't really throw love Joy under the bus. I mean, it's not like he's mismanaged funds. It was a good reason for there was a legitimate mistake, Yes, because Helen. The bank put a hold in the account because Helen bought a offshore poker for the fire. Yes instead she Yeah, well the bank clearly thought, oh, he's doing some kind of weird gambling thing, but no, she was buying a poker offshore, as in from Canada.
Speaker 4: And in this scene here, whilst they're talking, Flanners is in the background in the window to society. He sees he makes icon bails.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: This is them just again taking advantage of the Hahty era where you can add stuff in the background and keep I've read read I think that was one of the audio commentaries I listened to where they said they wanted to take advantage and just keep all elements of the shot interesting.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I do think at times though, it can be a bit distracting. So I found myself watching Flanders and not paying attention to what they were saying.
Speaker 5: True. Actually, yeah, I mean no, you're right, that's a really good point. Sometimes less is more.
Speaker 4: I get you can do it, but sometimes you don't have to Yeah, yeah, because there are times where it works. But I just don't think having Flanders acting or disrected in the background, distracting in the background when I'm trying to listen to the conversation can.
Speaker 5: Be focusing on. Once Acain, I.
Speaker 4: Couldn't focus and I pauses, and he's doing so I had to pause and rewinded ten seconds, I went, oh, I wasn't. I found myself not listening but just watching Flanders.
Speaker 10: I love concos all I remember when she was Helen schwartz Baum. In fact, I remember when she was Harold schwartz Boun You what I've said too much.
Speaker 8: But for the three months it took your card to go through, you weren't certified. And the thing you officiated during that time funerals baptisms in Wingo, Well it just didn't count.
Speaker 9: Oh well, I'm sure the Lord is understanding.
Speaker 10: No, he's not.
Speaker 5: Well, I'll notify those affected right away.
Speaker 10: What's going on, Allen?
Speaker 9: I was briefly uncertified, So.
Speaker 5: All those graces you said were a lie.
Speaker 8: That food might as well have been regurgitated by Satan himself regurgitated by Satan.
Speaker 5: He couldn't keep it.
Speaker 10: Down or six sixty six. He got six sixty six, and that's how Volkenors were Bold.
Speaker 4: Four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week, our supporters get early in ad free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Scifild and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash fourthing a discount. But Lovejoy goes, he has a various montage of telling the various people about all this stuff. So Jasper's about his wife by the way, quick note, Yeah, he looked it up in his Psalm pilot, which I thought was pretty funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So he goes and tells Jasper about so about his wife.
Speaker 5: Was it the funeral?
Speaker 4: Yes, And he looked at her ashes on the bus or whatever, and it just was like, so she's not dead. Then the sea Captain's vessel isn't blessed and gets taken over by a wave and clearness is tin Ruf shanty has not been blessed as.
Speaker 5: Well, hadn't been blessed, so he thinks it's haunted, and it turns out to actually being haunted by the male man. The male man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the ghost keeps coming to his window. Then he tells Homer and Marge at their new wedding there would have been the third because it was the fourth. Their third wedding was not certified. But Marge runs through the previous episode where the Luan and Kirk split up, and we'll get the gist that the previous episode and where she's going through the photos, and she shows that she thinks of Pooh got lucky with her sister.
Speaker 5: Very casual.
Speaker 4: But yeah, you're right, I in my brain has assumed other must have split up because he cheered on it. But I think they got back together anyway. Bahoma says, you know, the old lady and I've got a good thing going on. We don't need a piece of paper, man, what do you mean, old lady?
Speaker 5: I need that paper quick. I do like it when I sort of let's yeah, that's not being a joke, No, no, not at all. He's just reverting to youthful. Youthful Homer, well, he was trying to be nice. He's like, we don't need no damn piece of paper. We're in love.
Speaker 4: Do you mean old lady quick? Before she runs. So now they're eating lunch because they weren't eating breakfast. I ran at breakfast table when they're eating sandwiches. It was just such an odd thing. What I think I've ever seen him all just eating sandwiches. Anyway, they're eating sandwiches. But asked, does that make me a bastard? Then if you weren't married, No, because they were married when they originally had bart But if he does something to make somebody angry and cause, yes, that is still valid. So he says it's good because they I think Lisa suggested you should go get married at town hall or something like that. Anyway, they're gonna get married. And but so that's great because then you won't me just be in life instead of just exhausted zombies running down the clock. Homer chokes him, cause him a little bastard again? Is it just their way of getting away of using bastard? Probably anyway, it won't, I guess for the scene. But we're in line now at city hall. Want to say, I think it's city hall to get like a what dold you call his shot shotgun wedding?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, shotgun marriage is when Las Vegas. No no, it's when knocked up someone, isn't it? Someone has knocked up and one of the father and law has probably come along with the shotgun? You better get married? Is that what it's probm? Is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay? So what this is more just like a city hall wedding or a registry registry Yeah, okay, it's not really a ceremonious much. It's a it's a procedure. It's a process.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but sorry, Glory and Snake are in line, mo and a lot anyway. I just said that because this is not the romantic place she thought she was going to be getting married in. Homers says, well, any place with you is romantic to me. Half the CoP's coming through, Jemah says he's going to take her elsewhere, because you know what home it's nice?
Speaker 5: Can you look? What's the angle here? What are you playing at?
Speaker 4: But the line to get to leave is longer than the line to get in. Margins then cleaning her cleaning products, her spray bottles and whatnot. They are great, by the way, for getting kittens who are doing the wrong thing.
Speaker 5: A water gum. Oh yeah, absolutely, going for the curtains.
Speaker 4: Have you ever sprayed? Basy? So when do you spray? Did just give them the one or did you go? Do you a couple?
Speaker 5: Usually two?
Speaker 4: I think I've got three, just to make sure on the on the run, just make sure that actually one gets you on the as you know, come back. I've read though that you're not supposed to do it where they can see that it's you doing, because then they'll resent you. And I'm like, hey, I resent there for ruining my curtains.
Speaker 5: Get used to a scratches and all your ship. I tried a perfectly nice couch because I just rip the hell out of really nice couches. Just claw marks on it.
Speaker 4: I'm like, they're not clawing at it anymore, but it's just like when they jump up on it, it's just scratches, and I'm like, oh.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I've got lovely new bed linen, lovely you know linen doing the cover and all that kind of stuffing. Basically you'll jump up on occasionally. But whenever I try to cut his claws. You're not doing it. I'm like, okay, then I'm not doing it.
Speaker 4: Do you if you try to cut the close? I haven't tried to do that yet. Oh yeah, I'm but I think I can have to tempt a bath soon. I'm not sure this is going to go.
Speaker 5: I'll just let him wash himself.
Speaker 4: But I look at like the white one that we that we have, Daphne, the older one, because she's white and because she was outside, because she hadn't nod bath and she's been here and she was like living under the deck and whatnot, looking at him like you aren't, you're filthy healthy, and she she's not gonna like it because I've watched some how to bath the cap videos on YouTube and I'm like, I don't think I can do this. Get to know your this, Yeah, my surgeon, when I get all the clawmucks out of my hand.
Speaker 5: But I think I think I messed up when the first time I tried to cut Bassi's claws when when he was little, and I might have cut too close to the quick. Yeah. Now he's kind of like, we're not doing that ship or you know, or this is like this is a three person. Job, I trusted you. I messed up. Messed up you talking about that spray bottle. Yeah, yeah it is.
Speaker 4: It's stadistic, but I kind of enjoy it and just like you a little fucker. But Homer is no longer Homer. He's Lance Romance Lands Romance.
Speaker 5: I know, I like that. And he has planned this nice little treasure hunter because you can say treasure hunt, yeah, scavenger or mister active misdirection. It seems excessive. But considering that you just had to go downstairs to the basement. Yeah, yeah, but that's that's the joke. Roping in Yeah, true, that is the joke. Roping and bar And.
Speaker 4: So the skywriter says, go to the door, Marche or something like that. At the door barn showed on it, says, turn on the radio, Bill and Marty say, hey, go to the basement. March goes down there and Homer is there. He's there with a violinists he's got pants on with a crease, and he asked her to marry him in style unlike their kids, this one's going to be planned. And she says yes, and he celebrates with the Santa decoration and puts him back into the.
Speaker 5: Back into his els too.
Speaker 4: There's true more or something like that. Yeah, I do feel sorry when I put away the Christmas decoration. We've got a Santa figure that we put under the tree v and I'm like, yeah.
Speaker 5: And a half months, buddy, see you next December. But now we're.
Speaker 4: At web Lobster good name, I like it, and Marge he's trying on dresses and she says it's awful lot to pay for a dressing minikin to wear once, and I'm like, March, that is very true. Yeah, it's a lot of money you spend for one day. But she says, well, do you want to look like a fairy princess or a pig rupped in rags? And she chooses princess. Well have it your way there, yes, But then asked about the pirates to being game. We've already discussed that bit. We won't go any further home, And then they're choosing cakes and Homer wants to rocket cake, but it's for a child's birthday party, so he says, we'll have you put the cake inside it, and I forget.
Speaker 5: It'll be exciting because I won't remember. She's like, no, no, no, no, no, she's.
Speaker 4: Not being bride's silly yet, But she's starting to take control, isn't she.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, and look with audio, know this is a both parties are involved in this marriage, you know. Yeah, Homer should be in as much of a part of it as as as Marge's. At the same time, having a rocket ship cake for your weddings, I don't know about that. I'm childish. I'm too large on this one. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But then she says, you can choose the topping or the icing. He chooses chocolate. She just goes, no, lemonon.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Again, she's right.
Speaker 4: When you think of lemon, what do you think of? First thing comes to your mind? Lemon slice. I'm Liz Lemon.
Speaker 5: Oh, well you should be here. Are one of the fantastic shows, thirty Rock, thirty Rock. Indeed, do we We did the pilot for TV lunch Point, right, I believe we did TV launch Point. What a time, great time to be alive. Yeah, we may do it again some stage. We'll do it at some point. Yeah, we're just you know, a lot of lot of stuff going on here. A four figure discount, that's a lot happening. I hope you're enjoying seeing the clips on our social media. You haven't fowed us on Instagram, TikTok or Twitter or Facebook wherever four figure discaup revere you find us four figure pot on Twitter, but just four figure discount on Instagram and TikTok. If you haven't followed U yet, please do so. I'll put the link in the description of this podcast. That's true, the daily clips now of yours truly and the natural Home for a bunch of middle aged men. Exactly so.
Speaker 4: Yes, So basically Marge is starting to you can see she's outlets if she's starting to take control.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want white roses at the altar, red roses along the aisle, and blue roses in the centerpieces.
Speaker 5: There are no blue roses. I want to talk to Howard.
Speaker 10: Howard died ten years ago.
Speaker 6: Well did he take all the blue roses with him?
Speaker 5: My father was a lovely man.
Speaker 8: He took very good care of my mother and me.
Speaker 4: Then Marge wants every table to have two bread baskets, but one only one butter, because it starts conversation. She's not incorrect, but would it be a conversation you want people you're having at your wedding, they'd be annoyed.
Speaker 5: Right, not not better? Well, goober, have you been to like a wedding or some kind of function where he had a table with people that you don't know and you need some external thing to sort of spark a bit of combo.
Speaker 4: You just go about them cats.
Speaker 5: Well you do do that, but I mean sometimes it's nice to be bonding of it. Yeah, a perceived mistake or oversight. What it was like incredibly got all his bread and no butter, I know, right, no, but everything else is so good. What ship wedding and it gets the ball rolling from there.
Speaker 4: So you just want to you want to start the conversation. Yeah, there's no dummy. She is not indeed, that's right. But Homer starts questioning, like we really need all this, and she just breaks and puts him down, makes him feel like he's just not not worthy. But it's just he's not important right now, He's not he's a piece.
Speaker 5: He's not valid.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Marge's annoyed that Homer said that Lenny and Carl can come with their dates because they're not even coming to the wedding. What do you mean because there ares v peoples a day late. Now I'm going, oh shit, oh yes, yes, now you're being a bit of a bride zilla and he calls it the bride Zilly.
Speaker 5: That's the thing I had written down, Oh, Marge going bridezilla. And then within about five seconds that's that's hey, I just said that.
Speaker 4: It's almost like that's the point of the story. And then she calls him king wrong. I was like, oh, this I work with. And then Maggie watches them argue in characters.
Speaker 5: And characters King Kong, and I.
Speaker 4: Just think I liked this because are in front of your kids. He shouldn't do it right if possible. And Nicol and I we don't argue very much anyway, got might bigger over a few things, but once we didn't in front of Alliott, and it bothered him because he'd never seen us not agree about something. And it's made me realize, oh shit, kids, you need to be the rock.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you need to be united front. Yeah. Oh absolutely, I mean yeah, you realize you've got mum and dad, but it's like it's also mum and dad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're going to be a unit, you need to be a unit.
Speaker 5: Sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But then it's time for the wedding at the Swell Air Hotel. As we're saying Simpson's affairs in the ballroom A and could be extra marital affairs in room four three two. Homer is sad there was in his room by himself, didn't have any groovesmn, He's just there by himself, and he says, what I do. March is mad at me? And what will she be like after I get after we get married. I mean, you've been married to it for thirty years, mate. But the thing is I, for the sake of the story, this worked. Yeah, Home is fully justified to be worried and concerned.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: I guess he's never I guess he's never seen this side of March before because she's never had the chance to have the wedding she's always wanted.
Speaker 5: I'm guessing it must have no aspects of this personality or the side of Marge must have come up during the previous twenty season. But yeah, maybe not.
Speaker 4: They had a rape joke. Remember they had a rape joke on The Simpsons when Marge was working out and Homer she didn't want to sleep with her. She was like, no, we're going to do it.
Speaker 5: The sipset a rape joke. We just got demanitate.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly. But then Marge, she's getting ready, she wants to look at herself in the mirror. She has a pimp bullsh she makes the people disappeared.
Speaker 5: Where did we see in which episode we see a similar joke recently? And then involved home? It was home?
Speaker 4: You got something on his next through stress or something, and he pushed it back in.
Speaker 5: Yes. Yeah, he basically healed himself through sheer force and was like, I can't have this happening right now. Yeah, yeah, same thing.
Speaker 4: Then cue everyone que this queue that released the groom, not even like released the Marge's in full control of this wedding and he's not there now there are eleven seconds behind. She goes to see him and braid him, but he's not in the room anymore, and immediately she just breaks down cries.
Speaker 5: Magge.
Speaker 4: Hears it on the walkie talkie, so she gets the band who play when the Sands go marching in instead them, Cookie, Kwan and Mandula are trying to comfort March and it's just nothing's working in Gary's magic moments. No refund, so he's gonna be filming him other way, and Homer wakes up chained up, like a bicycle, as you said, like a common bicycle, a common bicycle. But then this is where the Saw parody begins. And I actually, as we were saying, thought I did a really good job. I've taken taking the mickey but parody saw, but using it in a way that wasn't really horror.
Speaker 5: That's true. Yeah, yeah, I mean you're right, and this would have been It would have fit very snugly into a Treehouse of Horror episode. The whole I mean, the Saw franchise or the Saw concept is one that kind of lends itself to easy parody.
Speaker 4: And I think Patty and Summer would have made a good jigsaw in tres horror segment row.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, but no, as I said before, I think they folded the whole Saw thing, the whole not necessarious escape room, but you know, torture room aspect into it. Yeah, very very smoothly.
Speaker 2: What just chained up like a common bicycle. Who would do this to me? It would have to be someone who could afford a chain.
Speaker 5: You're going to be here a while, but I have to marry Marge. As of now, your pathetic little life means nothing.
Speaker 2: Just so you know, you're making a pretty bad first impression.
Speaker 4: And this is where Marge she is saying that she's blaming herself, saying, it's all my fault.
Speaker 5: Home.
Speaker 4: I wanted to use cocktail hot dogs. I want to spring rolls. They taste like nothing. I'm going I like spring rolls, but I do need to leather that shit in like soy sauces.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you need to have your dipping sauce for it.
Speaker 4: Just like pastry, isn't it essentially for the moment. That's true unless you go to there's a place called long Time Geelong. You go to a proper type place. They do the way mummy used to make.
Speaker 5: Them spring Whose mummy you're talking about that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but just not the not the ones out of the freezer and you wool worse or what?
Speaker 5: No? No, no, they are very very bland, She says you.
Speaker 4: I tried to go too serious and homer less me as a result in this, says he doesn't feel like daddy. He would never leave it. I think an open bar for chicken wings or something like that. Plus he loves this, and YadA yad yadaya. Then they find the key chain that has s B and I said, what could this be. It's like a whould mister Burns kind of thing with the M and the B and I think it's immediately side show Bob, which would be a good it's a natural guest conclusion that comes to. Yeah. And but this is the whole back to the Future parody.
Speaker 5: They get married, I'll never be borne.
Speaker 4: Then we have wise Guy delivering some wedding registry items to Miss Simpson. Now he'd love to chat, but the company interesting nuance company forbids chit chat, and Homer is given the key to unlock the chain, but unfortunately in the middle of a lollipop that is made out of hot sauce.
Speaker 5: Well initially a lollipop easily. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Then the kids find Bob. They see him through the window and looks like he's being side showed.
Speaker 5: Bob.
Speaker 4: He's actually making a bust of Krusty. Him and Crusty just hanging out. They're just hanging out Krusty and they've got a history.
Speaker 5: By guns and by guns apparently.
Speaker 8: But did you.
Speaker 1: Take any breaks?
Speaker 8: Yesterday?
Speaker 5: We nap our dad. Impossible.
Speaker 6: I was with Bob the whole day. Then we watched the deluxe DVD of the House of Sand and Fog good night. We slept in the same bed for warmth. Then we woke up and a little niche watched The House of Sand and Fog again with commentary.
Speaker 5: The director was an ass.
Speaker 4: I liked the idea of watching the movie and then watching again with commentary. Oh yeah, well, however did you do the help? Did you watch a film that you just purchase and then go back to the start straight away and watch it with commentary, or did you buy films you've seen them so many times you watch commentary first.
Speaker 5: But it's it's a bit of everything. Really. Yeah. Sometimes we're like, oh, this has got the commentary with so and someone. Yeah, that's the first thing you put on. And there are certain things, was like, I really should watch this with the commentary, Like, you know, I haven't seen It's been like twenty five years since all the Lord of the Rings movies came out, and I've got, of course, got the deluxe sets the I've got all the commentary of them because they are loaded. It's like forty commentaries, very much so, and like, okay, do I have another three hours this time with the Hobbits? Yeah? Maybe no, there's still something I haven't saying but no, absolutely, there's something that I'm just like, oh, commentary versus I'm doing now.
Speaker 4: He listed three people here that it could have been. Could be Scott Bo, the Sultan of Brunei.
Speaker 5: Yes, and uh, well, don't ask to be pronounced it, but it's like the Polish Secret Police or something. Yeah, I'm not going to pronounce it, but you get the picture. Polish friends out there, please let us know what the correct pronunciation is.
Speaker 4: Maybe I'll play Bob doing it right now.
Speaker 5: Nice of you to think of me.
Speaker 10: However, SB could be anyone, Scott Bo, the Sultan of Brunei, the.
Speaker 5: Former Polish Secret Police, the Schwartz by Bestridspa And there we go.
Speaker 4: That's how you say it. Well, that's Kelsey Cromenos how to say it.
Speaker 5: And that's what I was saying in my head. Yeah, just you know, I had a little trouble getting it out.
Speaker 4: But very many times are you saying things in your in your head are sounding good when it comes out? You go, that's not what my brain was supposed to do.
Speaker 5: That's pretty much every episode of this podcast.
Speaker 4: And that's that's just my marriage. I'm like, oh, I meant to say this, Whe's the boy, oh boy. So then he says it can I will be only one person. We cut to Sady, Saddy, Saddy and Palmer, Salma and Paddy watching Homer on the TV in the d m V and wait till he finds the keys and the key it's just hot a sauce, And then we get the screensaver. This you could make this joke anymore because we don't have screensavers anymore. No, really no, but the pipes with the pipes, Oh yeah, it takes me. I saw a recent video. It might be an old video, right, but it was like a costume party, and the costume was the DVD screensaver and guys were the TV and she was a little DVD and she was trying to get into the corner.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then the crowds like watching hits the corner.
Speaker 4: It's like have you seen the memes where they have a crowd watching It's like in a bar or something and something on the TV and then the crowd goes ship there's one of the DVD hitting the corner back on.
Speaker 5: The That is my life. That's one of my favorite memes. I love that one so good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just how many times did I sit there, just watching that thing, going, it's going to hit eventually, eventually, because I always sort of never would, but sometimes it did hit right in the corner.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Good times.
Speaker 4: Kids are now listening, going, I have no idea what a screensaver is and what you're talking about.
Speaker 5: What's the DVD?
Speaker 4: But anyway, the guys, the ladies have Homer traptors revealed here it's Paddy and Samma or or Saddie and Power. Homer then says, but that's you. This is a prank. Then good job, very good. Yeah, and they start feeling bad for him. But then they said they're not gonna let him go till March's dumped Homer for good. They want to have some fun with him with some fire ants. He's like, that doesn't sound like fun. Oh you mean sarcastic. They make another sarcastic joke, and they really starting to feel bad about what they're doing here. This is where Homer stands up and reads out his wedding vows. And I was gonna play the clip because it's just this is really nice.
Speaker 2: Just see that my fiance March gets this.
Speaker 5: My wedding votes right.
Speaker 2: I hope this day is as perfect for you as the day we met was for me. You always find the one grain of sugar and the salts Jaker. That is I. With each marriage, I get a little better. Maybe after a thousand, I'll be worthy of you.
Speaker 5: I you.
Speaker 2: I missed the kids, God help me. I even missed your sister.
Speaker 8: Oh God, he loves her so much.
Speaker 4: We must come at everything there, didn't he very sweet? He missus, Marge, missus, the kids. You missus, the sisters.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just had a great life.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And they say, poor guy loves her so much. And then Poo says, I've been waiting forty five minutes. They close on him, so he says, you have to shop at a much nicer, newer store across the street. I always thought that I never saw the Quickie Matter as a franchise. I always saw the Quickie Matter as just a store that who opened. I know it's meant to be seven to eleven, But I never saw the Quickie Mat as, oh, there's a Quickie mart In. But I think there is a Quickie mart In shabby.
Speaker 5: Field think so, Yeah. No, I always view it as like franchise. Yeah he's a franchise.
Speaker 4: I guess he is the franchise because he goes to the Quickie My headquarters, doesn't he?
Speaker 5: Silly Dando, you have three questions. You really the head of the Quickie mart? You really was?
Speaker 8: He?
Speaker 5: Really the head of the Quickimark.
Speaker 4: Four figure discount is brought to you by our incredible supporters on Patreon. With your support, we're able to hire editors, purchase new equipment, and everything else that goes into producing top quality shows. Each and every week, our supporters get early in add free access to every show, new episodes of Tales of Futurama, Talking Scie Fuld and Speaking of the Heel each month, as well as access to exclusive Facebook and Discord communities. So go ahead and support the show today for as little as just one dollar at patreon dot com slash four figure discount. Theresa Way Homer, he's back home now. He stood at the chain tier around his ankle. He says that he was just fall off Button's one yeah, but two sobbing trolls threw him out of a van onto the front. Law and Marge has missed his nonsense, and Patty and somewhere cut to them. They're throwing away all their evidence so they can't can't get back to them, but Bart and Lisa are listening at the door now over here, and they say, well, there's only one thing you can do to fix this unless we tell other Lott'll tell mom and dad. We'll make you some cookies. No, no, we'll have cookies later. It turns out what they want is for them to make the part.
Speaker 5: Make the wedding for and groll the wedding essentially because Margin Homer. They officially marry at the registry. I guess whatever it is something basic, and she says, you don't need to have a fancy wedding when you're marrying the man that you love. And then they go outside and cute her getting exactly everything she wanted when it comes to a wedding. Everyone's out there nice as I sculpture. Everyone's having a good time. Patty and someone empty their four o one ks in order to make this happen, and Home even got his rocket cake. He did. Yeah.
Speaker 4: They even went out through Homer as well, and Margin gonto Blue Rose Blue Rose as well due to frantic genetic engineering. Know you're a plant now and they pan out and that is the end of the episode. Happy Fourth Wedding says on the blimp, and yeah, a fine episode. It is not a I wouldn't call this a funny episode. It has funny moments, this isn't laugh out loud funny. But as we'll say with Springfield Connection, you don't have to always necessarily be funny, funny, funny, funny funny, as long as they're a good emotional story there. Sure, I think there was a solid story here that was driven by emotion with enough laugh for me to go this was a good episode, I think so.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was not going with very good expectations based on the blurb. Maybe that helped.
Speaker 5: I don't know that. I think that's definitely the case. You walk in thinking, oh my god, more of the same, and it turns out to me, no, no, you threw a few curve balls in there, and we appreciated it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was good. It was just it wasn't Homer screwing up this time. No, they didn't get a divorce because Homer screwed up. It was something else happened, and Homer was doing all he can to make sure Marge got everything that she wanted right to the end. And you're waiting for you Hova.
Speaker 5: To screw up. He never did.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 5: I mean, he's generally you know, he's generally a wife guy our boys. So he did all right this time around. Now a little bit of fun fact from pals at Wikipedia. Let me just read this out the beatum. The June twenty eight to two thousand and nine rerun of the episode featured a brief alternate opening following the death of Michael Jackson three days prior. On June twenty five, the music video for Do the Bartman was shown, followed by a title card stating in memory of Michael Jackson, showing a still of his appearance as Leon Kompowski, the big bald mental patient who was put in the Insane Asylum for believing he really was Michael Jackson.
Speaker 4: He no longer exists.
Speaker 5: He's been a memory home from the episode Stark Raving Dad, which of course does not exist. But anyway, that's something that we thought that you should know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, back when Michael Jackson or Lincoln Paski was still alive, it still existence.
Speaker 5: Supposed to just a figment of everyone's imagination. Yeah, what do we learn bomb.
Speaker 4: What did you learn from the episode? Mister Davis?
Speaker 5: What did I learn that through sheer force of will. I can make a pimple just disappear back into my skin, can you? No? I never, I just tend to get more popping out.
Speaker 4: I learned that Michigan City is the home of our spiritual headquarters, the world Spiritual Headquarters.
Speaker 5: Let's do a pilgrimage. Yes, let's do it.
Speaker 9: From miss day forward, your names will be all right.
Speaker 4: It is time for the Guy Davis New Name Championship. Here for season twenty of the show. The current leaderboard stands at this In first position, we have Jared Hornby on seventeen points. In second position we have Phil Hawkins on fifteen points, and in the third position we have Brian Hughes. Hughes on eleven points.
Speaker 5: Take it away, Let's see how we go here. One point to disavowed. That is Hughsy He's gonna have the point. He's now on twelve. Still in third position, what unhusy two points for escape groom. Oh it's Philip jay Hawkins. He's now equal first to the two points Jared. He got you yeared two points, said Philip jay Hawks back in first position, having said that, we're still got to hand out three points.
Speaker 7: We do, yes, and who gave us Say Yes to Distress? What's that a take off of there's a show called Say Yes to the Dress? Oh yes, the Distress.
Speaker 5: Indeed, that is revolving around wedding dresses. Ar got the three points? Can you believe that the top three people got the points this week? Say say the line guy, the guy Dave his new name Championship Slash Challenge. It's blind. I'm not looking at names. I'm not looking at the names of the people who have contributed a new name.
Speaker 4: I'm pacing a notepad without the names.
Speaker 5: I'm just looking at the names that are being given to the episode. And well, you have people like Phil Hawkins and his name is Jared and hugh'sy all giving us gold, you know, week after week, episode alfter episodes. So Philip Jay is feuman he had it back there for a second, but noop net anymore. So now we have Jared Hornby on twenty points, Phil Horgans back to being Phil Horgans for another week at least on seventeen points, and Brian hughesy Hughes still in third on twelve points. Oh about that? How about that?
Speaker 4: Indeed, by the way, guys, if you think I've been a little bit quite in the Patreon group for last couple of last week or so. Here's why. So we finally got our page back. You know, I've mentioned on the show here that the page got basically not suspended, but just they killed the page. They killed the organic reach. They said that we were I put up a post. It was a meme of Ralph Wigham, and they deemed it as child's sexual exploitation. That was what the algorithm deemed it as. And because it was such a heinous crime to commit, they just demonetized and just whenever I put a post up it reached like fifty people, and we have like three hundred and twenty thousand followers. So they ruined the page. And then one day they went, my bad.
Speaker 5: Have you paged back?
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh great, finally whatever, not getting any money back, but the pages back twelve hours later. I was once an admin of a page called Simpsons Quotes that nobody knows anymore gets any more or something. For some reason, that page got suspended, it got taken down, and because I was still an admin of that page, I now can't post in groups or on pages. So I've got the page back, but I can't post anything. I can't post in the group. I can't do anything. So thankfully Nikola is an admin of the fort figure deescamp page. I'm like logging into her phone and posting stuff when i can, but man, man, it just hates me.
Speaker 5: Nothing goes right for me. The algorithm has just taken over, honestly.
Speaker 4: So that is why I've been posting much in the group because I'm not allowed to until June. I think it's eleventh or something whatever soon, And I'm just lazy and you're just lazy. Yes, but thank you to everyone who is continuing to support us via Patreon. It does keep the lights on here at four fing a discount. And as you may or realize, we do launch or we have just launched our Bob's Burgers podcast. You can get two episodes on there now We've got the first episode of the pilot is available part of the TV launch pod series. We've done Cross Space and we have done Sacred Cow as well.
Speaker 5: So if you like Bob's Burgers, check out our Bob's Pods podcast, available exclusively on our Patreon. Also, exclusive episodes of Talking Signfeld Speaking of the Hill Tales are Futurama and so much more. Over one hundred hours of content is available right now for just five dollar redues to take advantage of it. Indeed, indeed, indeed, indeed, what the deal?
Speaker 4: Please please continue to also rate and review us on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Revy Doo find this show we do. We're nearly on four hundred hour reviews five star reviews on Spotify. We want try five hundred. So if you're out there listening right now and you haven't done so yet and you're listening on Spotify, please just takes you like five seconds, just go on to your app. There's five stars. Would appreciate it. And if you can on Apple Live aw came words as well, and let you mate know about the podcast. And also continue to follow us on social media so at four finger discount on Instagram and TikTok, four finger Discount TV on TikTok, and four Finger Pod on Twitter. Follow us on all those three things and you'll see exclusive clips of the show seeing us batter about the Simpsons. That was some good Sproken, Some good Sproken. Now next week I mentioned we're going to be doing our monthly mail bag episodes, so send through your questions mailbag at four finger discount dot com dot au, or you can post on questions in the Patreon group. I would ask for some questions in the Patreon group, but I can't. Maybe you guys are gonna have to do it this week.
Speaker 5: Okay, here, I'm taking notes, taking.
Speaker 4: Notes, yes, and also you can get in touch with us via discord and via Patreon as well. But yeah, mailbag at four finger discount dot com dot you for you free feed listeners out there, contact us that way and we'll answer your questions on the show. Mister Davis, this has been our review of wedding for disaster. Next week is our mail bag, and you find the words for those incredible listeners out there.
Speaker 5: We sure hope you've enjoyed four Finger Discount sh