Speaker 1: Coming up here in thirty minutes, we're going to go into the wayback machine and remember the time that Ben had an issue with the barn Swallow. But right now it's time for this.
Speaker 2: Boo track, another edition of things Skin is tracking. All right, thank you guys. So I'm very interested in this.
Speaker 1: Bennett just mentioned, you know, Centners being this big box office thing, and it's good. And I don't know if you guys saw the news story this weekend, but you know there's been all this talk about tariffs and Trump had a tweet about doing a tariff on foreign films.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I saw that. I didn't understand it. No one understands it.
Speaker 1: And but we had that conversation a couple of weeks ago where we were talking about it was Spielberg who said the best American made movie is The Godfather.
Speaker 2: It's like, well, what all does that entail?
Speaker 1: Well, just so you know, the we export way more American movies than we import, right, And so that's why one of the things that was big about Sinners is all right, what is its national gross and then what is its global gross? Because you can have a big domestic box office, but then you get a big international box office, and then that really boosts things dramatically. What is the movie that came out this weekend with the superheroes Thunderbolts?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Thunderbolts.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, so it did great considering it didn't have any big name superheroes in it, But part of it is that it had a huge international gross as well.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering if you guys are tracking either the domestic or the international gross for a movie that came out this weekend. Besides Thunderbolts, was there any movie that you guys were aware of that was on your radar that came out this weekend? Anything that you can think of?
Speaker 2: No, I mean I didn't. I saw the when I was at the theater.
Speaker 3: I saw a bunch of ads for Thunderbolts, but other than that, I really hadn't heard anything about it.
Speaker 2: It was Centers was the one.
Speaker 1: I know, Fantastic Force coming, and I'm just my calendar is all about the Tim Robin and Paul Rudd thing May which is getting unbelievable pre buzz. You're like, this is the funniest movie in forever, so I'm sure we'll be all over that. Did you guys know that this was opening weekend for the movie Rust.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I'd heard about that.
Speaker 3: Now why did they move forward, finish it and release it? To honor the the camera woman? Who or the filmographer?
Speaker 1: What was? I think that's one of the best questions anyone's ever asked, and I think it'll be asked forever in the history of not only film but business, because I stumbled across these numbers.
Speaker 2: I didn't even know it was coming out this weekend. Had y'all heard that it was coming out? I heard that it was still coming out?
Speaker 3: And I was like, what I had to like double glan and I the one I when it was told to me, it was like to honor the woman's life because she was the videographer film.
Speaker 2: Yeah, director of photography, and I was.
Speaker 3: Like, that's her last work, and so I'm like really, and actually she might have even just been.
Speaker 2: The camera operator. I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, So if you guys don't know listening, Rust is the movie that Alec Baldwin produced and starred in in which he accidentally shot the lady behind the camera when they were rehearsing and he killed her and it was a big controversy. This movie opened in one hundred and fifteen theaters this weekend. Okay, I just want why don't we do this game style? We'll go around the horn. We'll start with you, Christina. How much money do you think this movie gross domestically at one hundred and fifteen theaters this weekend?
Speaker 2: What would be good and bad?
Speaker 1: I think good for one hundred and fifteen theaters on an opening weekend is probably in an independent movie is probably anywhere to five to eight million dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I'm throwing that out there. Could be wrong. I'll go four million. I'm gonna say one million.
Speaker 3: Ben, let's see, price is right style one million and one dollar.
Speaker 1: I should have said a dollar, shouldn't I and one hundred and fifteen theaters rust The Alec Baldwin film gross twenty five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: No one wants to see a western right now.
Speaker 1: No one wants to see Alec Baldwin, and no one wants to sit in the darkness of that movie and its story that is off. I went and did the math because you know, I can't do it off the top of my head anymore. Basically, at average two hundred and seventeen dollars per theater on opening weekend. I don't think you can go to see a movie for a family of four with two hundred and seventeen dollars anymore, can you?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: And that's probably because of what you said. None of us had any idea that it was the opening weekend, Right. They probably buried all the promo because.
Speaker 1: Of Yeah, and then you don't also want to spend money on advertising for a movie that's going to fail.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: He his fee alone, Alec Baldwin's fee to be in the movie had to be astronomical.
Speaker 1: Well, I think he was the executive producer, which means he probably took less. He's the one who's bathing in it, which is why for the last month or so you could see his new reality show Life with the Baldwin where, yeah, he's so rich and I could never figure out why he is doing a Western in New Mexico.
Speaker 2: Doing that work? Like, just do something else? Like why? Very strange to me. Why do these old.
Speaker 1: White guys get caught up and I want to sink my family fortune into a Western?
Speaker 2: I don't understand what is wrong with these people? Uh, all right, there it is, there's our things.
Speaker 3: Skin Weight is tracking coming up next in the Hollywood Shuffle, the series finale of a show we all love.
Speaker 2: We'll discuss it next