Speaker 1: Is Michael Garfi.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield's joining.
Speaker 2: In the high Tech Texan.
Speaker 3: Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texans.
Speaker 4: To make life easier, new.
Speaker 3: Technology and Michael Garfield, that's something you might like.
Speaker 5: Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texans. Three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio add now your high Tech Texan Michael Garfield.
Speaker 3: Depending on when exactly you are listening to the show, might I be one of the first to say Happy Father's Day. I may be the only person who tells you Happy Father's Day. Kids, Look at the calendar. Should you have the luxury of still having a father present and in your life? Get on the horn, even if you have to send a text. That's what the kids do now. Wish good old Dad. Ah, Happy Father's Day. One of the things that we are going to talk about today. How are yes I am a father?
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I have yet to hear from one of my three kids. I know it's coming there. They're very good about that. I have already contacted my father, so much so that I came to visit my father as we do this radio show in the great city of Dallas, Texas, where I am from and where my parents live. Taking the show on the road normally in h Town in Houston, Texas. Why not visit your dad and your parents on Father's Day weekend, no matter where you are, no matter how you are listening. I do thank you for tuning in to the twenty third year that we have done a Father's Day show on the High Tech Deection Show all over the state of Texas. Yes, in Dallas Talk Radio eleven ninety in San Antonio, WAI, the Big Stick twelve hundred AM, and of course the flagship nine to fifty AM in Houston. Also, this didn't happen twenty three years ago when we started. We are on the iHeartRadio app because technically apps didn't even exist other than appetizers on menus at restaurants. Twenty three years you go when I started this. Thank you for downloaded the app. You can listen to it again and again on the podcast once it is completed iHeartRadio, Spotify, Apple and wherever award winning and non award winning shows are heard. Michael is the name Miguel Garf. Everything but Mike, just stay away from the mic. Let me talk on the mic. Just don't call me Mike. I will give you the phone number to chime in, because this is the last time it checked. A very interactive radio show. I do not talk down to you, I don't yell at you. We really don't do politics. This is pretty much consumer lifestyle. It is sports, it is travel, it is technology. It is anything that I feel like yapping about. Three four six twenty nine. Textan is the phone number you can get in three four six two nine eight three nine two six. If you're a little too shy to call it, get your phone, get your voice on the airways. There's this thing called social media that I'm trying to corner high tech texts, and I make it real simple for you. Hi g h T e h T e x A N that's x Twitter. It is not TikTok. It is well. You can find me on Facebook and LinkedIn if I didn't block you on threads. Actually, I've been peruising threads and posting a few things on threads a little bit more than I have been threads. As next month, what is that? The second anniversary Threads, which was allegedly the Twitter killer has been around Twitter. As we know it. The name has been killed, but X still does live. Whatever platform you choose to use, I'm gonna try to be out there so you can talk with me. If you want to go old school. Other than the phone call, you can even email me. High tech Textan dot com obviously is the website you can go Michael at tech textan dot com. So we do start this at Father's Day Gifts. If the show is aired on the weekend on random different times. Obviously, if it's a Saturday, you've got a few hours to go. If it's on a Sunday, you better figure out something. And obviously, if it's Sunday, you're not getting Dad an in person Chick fil A card or a Cabo Bob's card because they closed on Sunday. But you can go online and get Dad some sort of a gift card, an e gift card. And this to me is a low hanging fruit. I talk about this all the time. Why not get a gift card? Probably because I like cards, and this is my show, and I know what I like, and I recommend what I like and what I use, and sometimes would I give gift cards? Let me go shoping in buying things for what I want. Maybe I don't want a coffee mug because I don't drink coffee. Maybe I don't want, you know, a sleeve of golf balls, probably because I have fourteen dozens sitting in my garage. Let me shop what I want to shop. I love clothes, me loves I like fashion. I like me some style. I shop for myself. No one shops for me. Number one, I'm not married, that's what. But I like getting my own clothes. I have my favorite stores. My kids and my friends know what stores I like. Maybe I'll get a new gift card. It's not Does anybody find this impersonal? And phil this come on, talk to me over here. You know, I don't want to sit here for on. I don't want to celebrate my Father's Day weekend talking to a wall, talking to Callum, which, by the way, Callum is whatever the producers of the show looking through the last here, Callum, we actually no, sorry about that now. I'm so used to saying looking for the glass. That's where my mind is right now. You were back in the Houston studio. Why I'm in Dallas right now? Callum? You were not a dad. I met your dad, Callum, remember that I did did I get? I gave you a bottle of bourbon when your dad was in down what a few years ago, and either you solely or you and your dad killed that bottle of bourbon within like two hours. Happy, happy Father's Day from that thing. I don't want to make this about me, but I am making about me. I love bourbon. My birthday last February, I got, I get a ton of birthday gifts. I got about nine, ten eleven bottles of bourbon. I got nothing else. People know what people knew what I'd like then, and I like experimenting and playing around with new bourbons. Whatever you want to get Dad, try to figure out what dad does, what dad likes, what dad needs, what a dad wants it to dad needs, Because as I have taught my kids, there is a difference between needing and wanting. And I think we don't need a lot of things. We need air to breathe, maybe they need some water, maybe need some protein. We want a lot of things. I would like a lot of things. I'd like my own airplane. I'd like to be retired. I'd like to not do the show anymore. Nope, I'd do it because of my love for you find out what Dad really kind of wants, and it may be something so small. It may be a subscription to an app. Maybe Dad wants to read the New York Times. Maybe Dad wants a subscription. Maybe Dad does not no longer subscribe to the newspaper like the Dallas Morning News, like my parents still get the actual paper. But maybe get him an online version, doesn't cost too much, doesn't have to be anything big. Speaking of big, later in the show, Oh, I will be doing my weekly review of What's Michael Driving, where I get to test drive cars for the past fifteen years, and yes there I've been in a nice one or two for the past week or two. Some evs also, So that's what I will talk about.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: What we'll also hit over here some of the topics that I've people have been emailing about, or I've been seeing the news. Hey, Houston in Dallas. If you're not ready for it, or if you've never tried it, look up in the air, look up at the sky. It's not a bird, it's not a plane, but it's a drone and it's probably carrying some groceries because drone delivery in Houston in Dallas are happening right now. I will tell you what company. And you've heard of this company, You've probably shopped to this company. I'll tell you what company is doing it. And I'm gonna tell you if anybody has ever had drone delivery service, definitely want to hear from you. I I've seen them, I've done TV stories on them. I've actually never had it done to my I've never delivered one to my house. It'self three four six two nine eight three nine two six. When we come back, Yeah, I'm gonna talk. I'm gonna talk about the Doomer Delude, but I'll also talk about self driving cars because Texas is now the state that is seemingly half if you have a self driving vehicle for a ride sharing service. Texas is like the place there's like wars are going on. How many companies are doing all that? I'm another tack texting specially. What are the great things that I enjoy on Father's Day weekend? It's the US Open golf tournament. It's it's a tradition, well some like any other, turn onto the TV. Make It's it's early summer. It's just always hot and ass in Texas. So gentally you want to be inside with a coldie. I'm a golfer. I like watching golf on TV. But it's a Father's Day weekend always in the US Open. This yay, sitting in Dallas as a Dallas boy. Scottie Scheffler, Let's bring it? Can you do it? Can you make three of your four majors wins? What a year you are having? Jordan Speith, love you, buddy, both of my ut X alumnis one of them, bringing home and Opemett in Pennsylvania. Tough course, tough course. So if you're enjoying the US Open, if you're joining golf, you're joined Father's Day weekend. Thank you so much for joining us. Michael is my name. It is called Michael Garfield. That is called the High Tech Texan Show. I am actually in Dallas visiting and hanging with my parents to celebrate Father's Day weekend. Hopped over to the iHeartRadio Dallas World headquarters. First time I've been there. I'm from Dallas. I haven't lived in Dallas here for three years. I'm based in Houston now. Obviously I do a lot of my shows out of the iHeart Euston office. My first time in the iHeart Dallas office. Impressive Amy, Stacy and all the other gang who I met. It's pretty good. I am the new I trying to make me the face and the voice of iHeart Dallas. I'll take it. I'll take It's near the galleria, near the galleria where I had my right I had my bomb at the Weston Galleria, probably Dallas, folks. I don't get to the galleria much, obviously to more in Dallas. I don't gohead get up to Dallas a ton ton ton here, but I'm driving up like a gosh man. That was my Uh, what's about my prom date? Tracy newsomblad should me listen to the show? Trace? Remember that night? It did? I'm I'm sure you did. Probably forget it. I digress phone number here if you want to chime in, ask me questions, last minute Father's Day gifts. Maybe you're nearing down a phone, a set of headphones, ear pods. I'm at three four six, two nine eight, three nine to six. That's how you get me if you're in the Austin area. That was me earlier this week on Fox seven Good Day Austin, which I do each Monday, and I brought in four or five different Father's Day gift ideas, one of which was a set of headphones inexpensive. I am not the guy who is going to suggest the most expensive item in the room. If they're headphones, for example, active noise canceling headphones, yes, I can go tell you how to get a three hundred to five hundred dollars pair of headphones. Okay, good, but you're gonna get justice as solid, if not sometimes even better product in that category for cheaper. I found a pair of seventy or eighty dollars headphones, and if you want, I'll tell you right now it's this one was from one more the number one more, one more, and they make a line of headphones and earbuds. I like these because they're very they're comfortable when you put them over your ears. Okay, these aren't the ear I mean the one. The ones I'm suggesting are over the years. Because Dad sometimes just wants to shut out the world. Right Dad's on an airplane, Dad's got grandkids or maybe even kids. Right now, it's like I don't want to hear the app and active noise canceling. They're very light, come in a really nice zip case. They fold up in a unique way that they're they fold up relatively small, seventy or eighty bucks. They got active noise canceling. They hold a charge very long, the ones I've been playing with. And so again, that's just one suggestion. If you're looking for a dad gift earpot, earbuds or some sort of a headset. It also, I don't there is a have you is anybody I'm gonna pay this off about drones? Drones are fun. Dad may be into drones. Dad may be into flying drones. Man, they got cameras and drones. Drone delivery has been bantered about for many years. There has been so many tests, a lot of it here in our great state of Texas. Whether it's from Amazon, whether it's for other other you know, retail outlets, it's here and so much so. There is a big story you may have heard of called Walmart. Any anyway, Walmart they are now expanding its drone delivery services to five more cities here in the US, one or two of which now Dallas and Houston. And if you're listening in Bentonville, Arkansas, where Walmart is based, yeah they're there too. Walmart said it's made more than one hundred and fifty thousand drone deliveries since it launched its service about four years ago. Interesting because anecdotally looking up in the skies, I have never seen a random drone delivery. Now I've seen a drone delivery because at a press conference, I've been invited to these companies that are going to show off how the product works and everything, and I think it's neat. But that was a planned one. Has anybody even seen if anybody's actually had something delivered via drone? Let me know how it works. Was it cool? Did the ice cream melt? How quick did it go to your front door, your back door if you weren't home? What happened? Were you scared? Some of them a porch pirate was gonna was gonna steal it? Those are issues that I know a lot of people have about drone delivery. Walmart already does drone delivery here in Dallas where I am right now, and now it's happening to Houston too. Thing is, though, if you want to try it, you have to sign up on its drone delivery partner service, not Walmart per se. It's called wing Wiing. If you go to wing let me give you the website over here. It's Wing. It's just Wing dot com, slash walmart if you want to and pretty cool. You know I'm on the website. Now here's a drone. Here's a shot of a drone. Shot of the app delivering. It talks about Dallas, talks about Houston specifically, and I mentioned those because that's my radio audience. And you can sign up through Wing. You can put your home address in to see if you are eligible to have drone delivery. Drone delivery in a little as thirty minutes. I'm trying to think when I would use it. And again, maybe I am of different milk because I'm an og all right. I didn't grow up with drone delivery. I didn't grow up with door dash and Uber eats and everything. You see kids pull up a chair because it's Uncle Garfy time. If I needed anything at the store, we get a little closer. I'm gonna whisper to. We got in our cars and we drove to the store. Unbelievable concept. Parked the car, went up and down the aisles, bought a little something, and we came home. I don't want to rag on people who use these delivery services food deliver service. How lazy are you? People? Get your freaking car, get out, go around the corner, get yourself freaking burger, and didn't come home. Nowadays, man, no time, gotta have it, door dash, you gotta have it uber needed and now we have to have delivered via drunk missing a dinner ingredient, order it and get it. I will tell you this. I make fun of this. I actually probably could have used this service. A few days ago, I'm at home. I'm in Houston, and I was making turkey tacos, one of my favorite things to make. Tough to get anything healthier, healthier turkey ninety nine percent one percent fat turkey tacos. And I'm looking around. I'm thinking, I don't have any tortillas. Had a buddy of mine he was coming over to I'm thinking, oh man, it need some tortillas. I didn't really have time. I'm sitting there getting ready to make the turkey meat he's coming over over. I live half a mile from the Whole Foods, I live a mile from an HGB. I just couldn't find the time get it all together within ten minutes to get tortias. Actually, I could have and I should have even tried drone delivery if it's available to me. So you know what I did. I texted my buddy, Hey, by the way, stop at the store, when you come over here and give me some tortillas boom. He was my Uber Eat driver. Let me know if you have used it? Would you use it? What's the cost? What I mean, I went over some negatives. It's averaging ninety eight to one hundred degrees already right now and early to mid June. I want some ice cream. I'm gonna let a drone deliver that to me. By the time it goes up, down, over and sits on my porch, it ain't happening. Milk refrigerator, things that could spoil. I don't see that happening. If I'm not home, my neighbor sees or somebody sees a drone come down deliver man. That is just ring the bells. Open the door, man. I'm inviting Porge pirates to come. And it's a number of things that I need to see and get proven to me whether I want to use it. All right, when we come back, what is your inbox looking? And I want you to think about this. Got a quiz for you. Okay, I'm gona let you think about four five minutes. What is the oldest email that you have currently in your email inbox? Does it be the oldest email that I have that I disfigured that. We'll talk about cleaning out your mailbox. Tips on that much more, Eco bartone Hi tip.
Speaker 4: That se.
Speaker 3: Talking about Father's Day gifts, and I actually start the show talking about getting Dad a gift card or an E gift card. If it's if you're listening right now and it's Sunday, actual Dad's Day and you're forgeating, you're like, Oops, didn't know it's Dad Day. Need to get him something. I mean, there's so many websites and retail stores and whatever you can. You can go online and you can order a gift card and have an email to Dad, I mean, and then order things online. That's an E gift card I am going to give away. How about me giving away a Father's Day gift right now, an actual gift card right now, caller number ten. Give you a special phone number seven one three two one two five nine five zero. Dad, you are getting a twenty five dollars gift card to Cabo Bob's a restaurant, and if you're in Dallas, sucks for you. You don't have any Cobo Bobs, But Houston there's four of them. Austin when you got about eight of them. San Antonio, you got one. Love Cobo Bob's fast, convenient, go through the line. You tell them what you want on your tacos. First of all, you got five different tortilla joices that you're they're gonna make right in front of you. Immediately, got a little cilantro, You got a little red chili, doesn't matter. You put and they take a they take a Kamata joe. You know, one of those smoker devices like a big green egg. That's where they make their meat, their chicken, their steaks, cook to smoke to perfection. You can make tacos that you can make one of the world's largest burritos. You tell them what you want in it. You get some caso, you get some chips. You call her number ten. We got one. Stop gone. You just want a twenty five? Do I hope it's a calum is it? Is it a dad? It's a dude? Okay, hopefully you're a dad, whoever you are, Mister Winter sir, you got a twenty five dollar give car to Cabo Bob's my favorite. Go go check that out. We do continue the High Tech Texan show Father's Day Weekend special on the road show from Big d Up in Dallas, hitting the Old, the Haunting Ground, staying with my parents, strapped on the running shoes. Early Saturday morning, ran by my old high school, WT Whites, long arms, looking good man, glad the old high School is still running. So wherever you are, a happy Father's Day, trying to get to your life in order. Summertime is a good time to actually look at your business, look at your processes, and clean things up. Maybe it's your garage, maybe it's your inbox. I was looking at my inbox. In my inbox on my desktop Major one, I have nine I must have cleared it out. I had nine hundred and forty six emails in my inbox. They're all read. I've read them all, but for some reason, either I don't delete them, I forget about them the next day too, and they just go down and down and down and down and out. I have over fifteen thousand items in I deleted my trash box that for some reason, I'm just holding on just in case I need to go find it. I need to dump that at some point. Your inbox and especially the one on your phone. My phone I keep very clean. I mean I have generally have no more than four or five six in my phone. Phones have much more limited space. So if you've got some time, just a little thing for you to do, little summer cleaning, clean up your inbox if you like me. Every time I get an email, it comes to my desktop. That's my main I want everything on my desktop at home. Oh by the way, obviously I get it on my phone, which is immediate, which is what I like, and that's how we communicate. But then I delete it on my phone. However, I always have a backup on my inbox at home. Yes, you can sync them together. If not, obviously you have to, you know, clean up your inbox one by one on your desktop and on your phone. But what's the oldest email in your inbox? Is anybody checked? And look scroll down? If you're driving, don't do this, I looked. I am an idiot. I have no clue why I've kept a few so much. I mean, I delete all of them. But of my almost one thousand emails, I have an email forgot who was from. I don't even know if it was even important, certainly not. Now I have an email from January of twenty eleven. Why in the world do I have a fourteen and a half year old email. I don't know. That's why I got this whole thing. It's just let's give tips on how to clean out emails. It makes no sense. So here's my to do list for me. I need to clean my inbox up. Let me see if I can get it under I don't know two hundred. I don't need to keep all these things, if not categorize them. I have so many folders on there, all right, But I'm not a hoarder. But if anybody's ever seen my garage at home I have it's a two car garage that I could barely fit one car in. And it's really because, yes, I'm a sentimentalist. I've got a lot of my stuff that my parents said, I want this out of our house. It's going to your house, like all my high school yearbooks and everything. But I also do get a ton of gear. I have to test all these products, and I just throw them in my garage. I also have closets filled. I literally could open a Best Bide like store. I either need to, and a lot of these companies they don't want the stuff back now. A lot of the gear that I have probably five years old. Some of the most absolute things obsolete things in technology. Hey, something gets over two years old in technology, it is Ova, it is old. I mean I got phones literally, I still have some of the original flip phones from Nokia. Maybe I'm an open a museum one day. I have got not one, but two untested robotic lawnmowers. Did you know? You know there's robotic vacuum planners and mops. You know that there's robotic lawnmowers. I'm getting ready to test one of the mouse. I need to do a TV story for my TV segments. Give me about two weeks and I'm going to test one of these robotic lawnmowers. That actually is a very good Father's day idea. If your dad mows the lawn or still mow's lawn. And my dad is in his eighties and we've always had a riding lawnmower in Dallas. We have we had a relatively big yard, still do heat. I think he still mows. I need a check, and I feel bad. He should not be mowing the lawn. He needs to hire a service. But why not get a robotic lawnmower? If it actually works things, I'm gonna test it. These things are not cheap. They're anywhere for one thousand and fifteen hundred two thousand dollars. At the end game, if it saves money from if it saves it'll definitely save you time because when I mowed my lawn, when I mowed that lawn when I was a kid, that was that was a two to three hour experience riding up and down the lawnmower and then then been bagging everything my homes. Over the past thirty years, when my kids were going up, I really enjoyed mowing lawns. Is a Texas kid, I didn't love the heat. I still don't love the heat. But I grew up mowing my grandparents lawn, which was nearby in Dallas. I grew up mowing my lawn. I grew up, and I taught my kids and I made them. If lack of a better term, I guess I did learn out to mo lawns. But I kind of enjoyed mowing lawns. I live in a house now that I don't have a big lawn, and I really don't need a mo lawn. I have them all lawn mowing service, and don't laugh, I really do miss mowing lawns. I missed the solid solidarity, the solitude. It's probably the one time ever that I'm not taking phone calls because I can't hear the phone calls because of the lawn mighter. And I just sit there and think going back to it. Right now, I can rip out a lawn chair, have a nice cold brewer, tow or tend watching my robot mow my lawn. I will give you the P by P by the end of June. I will put the link on my website, high tech Texting dot com. But if anybody has these robotic lawns, apparently they work just like robotic vacuums. You charge it, you set it up, you map out, it maps out your lawn, you download the app, looks at the go around the trees, goes around the sprinkler systems, and didn't whatever like that. I'm very anxious to see how it works, and so that's one of the only things. So if it works, I actually may give that to my dad for a post Father's Day gift. I probably should have done tested it out a month ago and brought it here and given them this weekend. Alas I did. Phone number HI one more time three four six twenty nine, Texan. The name is Michael Michael at high Tech Texan dot com. What a little somber note. And I got an email over here from a company touting something that I realized I talk about dads. I appreciate my dad still with us, still kicking here. What if you've lost your dad and it's Father's Day? And for those of you who do not have a father right now, I seriously my thoughts are with you. I hope your thoughts of DABD are with you too. But how would you like to honor dad on Father's Day if you've lost him?
Speaker 6: That story I Taxing Shows.
Speaker 3: Final segment this first hour of the High Tech Texting Show. Michael Garfield is the name. Appreciate reading all your emails, listening to you, got some Father's Day gift ideas for you, got an interview next hour. If you're interested in search engine optimization, A lot of people have websites. How do you optimize it? So when you go to Google or search somewhere. How do you optimize that we have an expert coming on and about that about forty minutes from right now, mentioned this kind of a tease before the show in a little somber Let's bring it down on a very special episode of Punky Brewster. Here's a very special segment on the High Tech Texting show. This is Father's Day weekend. I am in Dallas right now. I'm visiting and hanging out out with my dad and my mom too, and two of my three kids happen to be in Dallas this weekend. So it's great to be able to spend it not only with a generation above me, but also a generation below me. But there's many of you who have lost your dads, and I know this this weekend, this holiday can be difficult to celebrate. How do you still think of dad? Do you honor dad? This was brought up to my subject, to my attention, and the reason I'm thinking about it is I got an email earlier this week. It's you know, I get story pitches all the time from company. So there's a press release. If you're interested about this. This is I'm not This is not a commercial I swear I don't know anything about this company other than what I'm reading in this press release. And I'm not selling this company just but it was very interesting. There are there is a company who transforms cremated remains into a collections of stones that allow them to I guess, literally hold their loved ones. Again. I'm trying not to be morbid over here. I'm really trying to be sinceers for those of you who have lost a loved one. I mean, I actually let's expand this and not just to ads and they have been cremated. Where are there? Where are there remains? Are they in your house? Or are they in a just not whatever they call the mausoleum, not a crematorium. But you know, when I'm thinking of here, but if you taking the ashes and you've spread them over their favorite golf course, favorite beach, their favorite place overlooking mountains or sunrises or sunset. So I'm reading this thing, I'm like, is this It's just I don't I'm not big into death really just you know, I don't really think about it. I don't want to talk about it. It's just, you know, different subject for some. But there is this company. It's called hearting stone that cakes cremated remains and solidifies them into these stones. And I'm looking at the website. I won't even give the website. I'm not promoting this thing, but is this odd? Has anybody done something like this? Not even that I even want to open the phone lines to this, but it's a way to remember. It's a solidification service for the In return, they return the full amount remains in an average of about forty to eighty stones. And I'm looking stones. These look like those stones that you see in these little calming ponds. They're very they look smooth. Why do they do this? And actually I don't want to question it the entire because I'm going to take it at their work. How do I really know that Dad is in those stones? Ape color, texture? They say each collection is uniquely beautiful and solidified, which is an alternative to ash. There is a here's the crazy thing, which I appreciate, But there's a anytime money back guarantee. What okay, I want the ashes back? How are they going to do that? Anyone? Calum, I know you're my over under take a guess. At the cost of solidifying someone's ashes into forty to eighty stones anyone, anyone which, by the way, while you're thinking, they send a collection kit to retrieve your loved one's ashes. You send the ashes to their lab. They solidify the ashes into stones. It's interesting. There's a quote. Stones are in quotes right now, and then they ship the stones back to your house. A lot of five star reviews over here, anyone. If you guessed fifteen hundred dollars keep going up, you're way low. If you order now, and I don't even know if there's a promotion code. Twenty five hundred dollars is the process? Twenty five hundred dollars turned to see? This is where if we had a budget at iHeartRadio and we had we have the rights to allow to play music, so we can license them, but we don't. This is where we do Eello's turn to stone, right, twenty five hundred dollars. Would anybody do this? I just not a commercial. I wouldn't do this. I'm not getting agree, madd I don't know if any of my family's getting cremated. We we're not a cremating type of people. But if you are just throwing it out there anyway, Happy Fathers Day people, twenty three years I've been doing this. I think the first time I've ever brought brought the tone down to that such is the world of technology, consumer lifestyle. That's what you go through lots to talk about. Dextur We're gonna give something away maybe, but have you driven by, or seen or driven in one of these ride sharing cars that does not have a driver? You hear about them, You hear what's happening in Los Angeles right now where wai mo. That's another one of these robotaxi type of things. Several of them have been burned. And by the way, people have been asking if if my kids, who do live in LA, if they have seen these quote unquote riots, They don't they live in LA. They don't even know their Eclians going on. Do you not believe anything that the menia says unless the position in then that's the simple as waymos are being burned? Why are they being burned? But I will tell you why. Our great state of Texas, particularly Austin. But I'm not I'm don't use the fact that they're not already in Dallas and Houston and San Antonio, but particularly Austin. This is the hotbed this is and I'll tell you why why the state of Texas legally is the hotbed of why so many companies are rolling out and testing their self driving, no driver driverless vehicles in the state of Texas. Saw fear this past weekend when I was in Austin. We'll talk about that and also a few more products I'm getting questions for here on an email. My name is Michael Garfield. Father's Day weekend. Here on the High Tech Texan shows.
Speaker 5: Is Michael Garfiler, Michael Garfield.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield's joining.
Speaker 2: Yea the high Tech Texan.
Speaker 3: Michael Garbil is here with a high Tech Texas. I have to make life easier new technology, and Michael Garfield has something you might.
Speaker 5: Like on Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texans. Three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets, heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio Act. Now you're high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield.
Speaker 3: Halfway through the show, almost halfway through the month of June, which means we're halfway to happy hour. No matter how you break it down, it is Michael Garfield. That's right, sixty minutes down, sixty minutes to go. You're celebrating this weekend Father's Day, US Open weekend. If you're watching golf, chasing the rain, whatever you're doing, I do thank you for making an hour or two to listen to this show, whether I've Houston, Dallas, San Antonio, whether recorded or podcasted, which we will do. Thank you Callum Red for posting this on the old iHeartRadio. Just look for high Tech texts and you can listen to all of my previous shows and all fifteen years you can find of my car reviews. Each week I do get to test drive a car. I rolled up here. By the way, I'm doing the show from Dallas this weekend, where my dad and my parents are, and two of my kids actually here this weekend, so I'm trying to make a little family affair out of my Father's Day weekend. Drove up here in a brand new Nissan Frontier mid size truck, the Pro four X version, the Pro four X Nissan Fun. I didn't need really to schlep anything in a truck. It's a mid sized truck, so easy to maneuver, easy to part, work done, guzzle, a lot of gas, a lot of opportunities, a lot of ideas. If you're interested in that, but pretty rugged. I like the front fescia, this new grill, it's a new bumper design. You look, it's like, oh, that's not the Nissan Frontier that I normally see. Love the oe afterburn orange paint, not burnt orange, but pretty close. Got some meat cameras, off road cameras. Six foot bed which is nice, dude, is about seven thousand pounds or so. They really did a good job of upping the infotainment. The touch screen about a twelve twelve point three inch touch screen, wireless Android Auto obviously, which I like. I don't care about iPhones, and it's got the Pro four x pro X badging. It's nice. So thank you for Nissan to get him. Every week. I do test drive some of these babies, and they are They're pretty cool. So if you're you're interested. I don't work with the dealerships. I work directly with the manufacturers, so I'm not going to tell you a Nissan dealership to go shop at. But if you want to hear one of my almost one thousand, fifteen years on a weekly basis, I obviously sometimes I get two per week. I've matriculated and multiplied and figured the total number. But in fifteen or so years, I have test driven over one thousand cars. I don't even own a real car. Really, I test drive one each week. They do not pay me. I just roll with the people. So you can actually take it because I can rag on my vehicles and I don't have to rag on my vehicles. So happy Father's Day if dad wants a car. Speaking of cars, I was at Austin last week. Yes, apparently I am driving all over this state of Texas this month. So in Austin last week. And it's interesting because on a relatively regular basis, certainly if you're downtown Austin, you see self driving cars. And if you've never seen a self driving car, the first time you see it gets a little freaky dki. It's like Ghostbusters, who are driving that thing? Now? It's you notice these because they have radar, light ar, physical things sticking off the top of the vehicle, on the sides of the vehicle, so we can quote unquote see use GPS map itself out watch for pedestrians, looks at the lights, red light, green light everything. They are pretty smart. And Waimo there were a number of wes Weimo launched late last year or something. You actually can order them through the Uber to experience a self driving car and sit in the back. Kind of cool to need experiment if you want to. People have a lot of trepidation about it. Totally understand letting big brother, actually your big sister drive for you a lot of Waymo's, which is fine. I did not see, but this weekend there was a report, ironically on South Congress Avenue where I was walking on Sunday. I should have kept my eyes open for the debut of a brand new company that is not even starting to let passengers ride in it. But it's happening later this week. Your good friend in Austin resident, Elon Musk, is launching a Tesla Robotaxi for the public. But they were rolling out on South Congress. I got back on Monday or Tuesday, and I saw on Twitter or x which Elon Ostill owns video of seeing these vehicles in the wild up and down Congress Avenue. I'm like, oh my god, I must have seen that, which I didn't even notice it. I mean, they're not flashy, they're not yellow, they're not bright, they're just regular looking Tesla like cars. And it is Tesla and they are rolling out self driving robotaxis to the public June twenty second. They're very excited about it, and actually a lot of people are excited about right now. They're going to have about ten to twenty of the Tesla model y SUVs. They're going to work in limited areas, which is pretty much downtown Austin. They're gonna say ROBOTAXI on the side of it, which I did, which I saw in the videos. No human driver. There's no human driver whatsoever. Now we can talk and this is just this has been my fodder over the past year or two. Would you trust and would you ride in the back seat of these things? There's probably a good number of my listeners right now who have already ridden in the back of a driverless vehicle. Weimos are not having a good time. In other news, in Los Angeles where allegedly and on one square block of Los Angeles, there are protests going on for something that I don't even understand or care about. But there are about five Waimo self driving robotaxis that were set on fire during protest. I have no clue why, and I bet people who set these things on fire still don't have a clue because no, the driver can't get out and fight back. I don't know these cars. Weaimo uses one vehicles. They use a Jaguar Eye Pace. It's an electric suv cost about seventy three thousand dollars. One of the reasons, I think is because if an electric car ever goes up in flames, you don't want to be around it because it is thick, black smoke that billows into the sky for hours on end. You just can't have a fire truck come and just douse water on These are battery fires. Maybe that's one of the reasons why let's hope that doesn't happen. Let's hope that's the nonsense stops stop at people. But one of the reasons, and here in Austin, Man there are a number of other companies already rolling things out. There's one called was it Zeus or something amat Amazon's got one, and I don't know I need a high tech text in robocar. I mean, I'm the only company doesn't even have one right now. One of the reasons that there's so many in Texas is because of the lack of legal issues that company need to jump through hoops to test and utilize self driving car in California, which you know has had them for a while, you have to go to the DMV in California and you've got to get permits. In Texas, you do not need a permit in Texas as long as those vehicles passed the muster in the standards of what a typical vehicle needs to drive on this the highways and byways of Texas, companies are allowed to actually test self driving cars and utilize them. Low hanging fruit. Also, we don't have state income tax people, greatest date in the world. Bring it on people. So if you see and happen to roll by in Austin one of these new Tesla things. But I want you to think about this. These are just ordinary Teslas. Yes there they're Teslas, but they're outfitted a little bit more to be self driving. How about all the Teslas we've been hearing about that are sitting on lots because they haven't been sold. Tesla has maybe had some issues over the past year with sales, stock has dropped and whatever for whatever reason. But they've got a fleet, fleets and fleets of fleets. Tesla's sitting there, you know, what they could be doing. They could be programmed to drive off their own parking lots and then come to your house to pick you up. It's a world of robots, if you think, just throwing that out there. Kind of world we live in not an easy one right now. It's very tough. Just take care of yourself, take care of each other. Break right now. I am going to get to some question as answers. Here's a question coming in from an emailer right now. What hey, Garth, what photo editing app do I use or do you recommend? That's a great question. More and more people, man, we are taking photo after photo after a photo you may want to edit it for for more light, more saturation. Number of them out there. There was one that actually was just released and I just downloaded for the first time. That normally costs money. It's totally free right now, totally free. I'll give you two or three to choose from. We'll saw some more of your calls, and here's email. I'm a high tech next show. Be a few calls coming in right now. Michael is the name. Ask me questions Father's Day gifts. If you're narrowing something down, I am here for you. I review most everything in the consumer lifestyle people. I'll give you my thoughts three four six twenty nine textan If you are using your cell phone, I hope you have a good data plan. This portion of our show brought to you by Total Wireless. Total Wireless. They got great coverage and man, you could save a lot of money. They have all you can eat unlimited service. Probably start something on forty dollars or so. You probably even cheaper if you get the the you know, the automatic pay if you set up one or two lines. Many stores that you can walk into in my listening area. Walk into one of the beautiful Total Wireless stores. Victor is the company that owns and operates a lot of these Total Wireless stores. You can buy your own phone. Also, the thing is I like about this, You can byod, you can bring your own device. Maybe you love your phone, you don't want to switch phones, but you your contract is coming up, and you're sick oft paying one hundred bucks two hundred, one hundred and fifty bucks a line. Why don't you save yourself the money? Still great coverage, Total Wireless. Tell them you want the high tech text and plan, which actually there is no high Tech Text and Plan. I think they should create a high tech text and plan to save you some money. But either way, however, you use your selling data service. Thank you for calling High Tech Text and Show on a Father's Day weekend. Emails also coming in for people who are too shy to call. I do get emails Michael at high Tech Texting dot com and with that we will go to the old email in box.
Speaker 2: You've got mail.
Speaker 3: That is right. This comes from Jared. Jared is in Plano, Texas, not far from actually where I'm doing the show this weekend. What is up? Jared? Garth enjoyed listening to your show. I just found it a few months ago. Oh good information. I love your personality and enthusiasm. I assume that you do a lot of photo taking with your Android phone. You always talk about do you use a photo editing app and which one would you recommend? Jared, thank you for tuning in and finding the show. Tell your friends and family they should also listen. I'm sure you listen on talk radio eleven ninety here in the Dallas area. I have no less than four or five photo editing apps that I use on a pretty regular basis. I shoot a lot of products that I review, and I shoot a lot of videos. I use my phone actually to what I do TV segments in Austin and Houston, and I shoot a lot of those segments on my actual phone. My phones now can provide a clarity and a quality that eight ten, twenty thousand dollars TV camera now can provide. And this one fits in your pocket too. I edit it. I got it videos, which that was not your question. Edit photos inherently whatever phone you use, there is a built in photo editor. Some of them are rudimentary that you're going to do, the saturation, the color. You can crop them, you can mirror room, flip them upside down, and some of them will just the lights. Can you lighten somebody's face? Some have features that you can make people thinner or fatter and remove wrinkles or whatever. But the route. There are hundreds and not thousands of photo editing apps. One I have used for a long time to color correct, sometimes sharpen things up. That gives me a lot of leeway. Maybe there's a photo where only a part of the photo that I want lightened up, So now I can kind of hit a dot or circle it and lighten this and keep. It's called snap Seed, totally free. Snap Seed's that's almost a go to one on a regular basis. One that I just downloaded that I saw that was just made available a few months ago for the iPhone, but only Android was just a few days ago. Adobe just re re re released a Photoshop app, Yes, real Photoshop. They released the mobile version of Photoshop iPhone earlier this year. The Android is finally here. If you're an Android user, why don't you try it and download it right now? It's in beta. But the best thing while it's in the beta the testing period is totally free, totally free to use, and it kind of does the same thing that the desktop version of Adobe Photoshop and listen, Photoshop is the catch all tar Photoshop was one of, if not the first to market. Photoshop is not the easyest image editor to use, because there's layers, there's masks, there's transformations, there's things that I don't even know how to use. But I tell you what, playing around with it for an hour or so, it's kind of cool and there's a lot that it does it for you because there's some AI built in, some generative AI tools. Technically, this is about the third attempt that Adobe has tried to do with photoshop on phones. I remember they had a Photoshop Express. There was a Photoshop Touch or something many many years ago. I'm kind of liking this. I haven't done a lot of it, but I don't know what they're going to charge for this, when they're going to start charging for it. But if you want to try it, try the Photoshop for Android. It should work on most newer Android phones. You have to have Android eleven or higher and that takes you back four years or so, which is certainly fine. You don't need a lot of extra memory. But it kind of works. I mean, you know, there was a photo of some people. I had you touch the photo and it pulled the people out on a white background. Now you actually put a layer. I can put a background of a beach. I could put a background of the moon, and I could put them on there. Normally you would need some be pretty prolific in photo editing, which I'm actually not. This kind of does it for you. So that's one or two. Let me quickly look at my phone so if I can think of anything those what other photo editing things that I have? I like snapseed. I like that thing. I use Google Google Photos good. They have something called the Magic Editor. I have that one. Yeah, those are those are the two or three that I recommend. If anybody else has some that actually that you would recommend, love to hear from you. Three four six twenty nine textan But that's one of the ones that I can recommend. I got another one over if I got another phone. A little phone tip for you. I hopefully every phone has a case on it. Mind does because the case is going to allow you to help prevent ding's glass breaks and whatever. I'm an android guy. If several androids from several different mean factors that I test on a regular basis, Okay, do not have an iPhone. The latest iPhones have what's called mag safe. It's a magnetic circle in the back. And if you've got a phone that's I don't know what is it, at least three years or more or something like that, it's maxim I really didn't understand because I have an Android. I didn't ever really understand or get into the mag safe thing. It's a magnetic backing that can do a number of different things. It could wirelessly, you could set itself and wirelessly charge. You could take little tiny portable batteries. You know, some people have a wallet or something like a credit card holder back there. They make magnetic credit card and wallets to fit on your mag Safe. They make little tiny batteries, smaller batteries to give yourself some wireless charge. If you're the They have car holders, you know, things that'll clip onto your air conditioning thing and then you could magnetically pop your phone on there. I really only got into it about in last January. I got one of the new Android phones I was testing. Company sent me androids by Nature. Legally, they don't have mag safe built in. I think it's exclusive to Apple at least, but under that name. But there are phone cases that you could put on regular other phones that have the round magnetic circle that will wirelessly charge. And so I'm really kind of into mag Safe chargers. And I bring this up is because a buddy of mine, Doug Dougie, came over to my house earlier this week and he walks in and he's a big electric in dou He's really big. He's an electrical engineer, mechanical engineer. He's brilliant guy. He has a foldable phone. Little foldable phone doesn't have a case on it. So he walks in, he sits on my counter and he starts. He got it on Amazon. I don't know what it was, but it was a do it yourself mag safe kit. So for twenty one bucks, he told me he bought the circular magnet that you can buy. You can upgrade your phone to make it mag say ready, And I'm like, Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug, don't stick it on there yet. I've got like ten of these things that companies have sent me, So let's go shopping. So for his Father's Day President, I went down in my garf goodie case in my closet and I gave him one of these things and he put it on there. So and he's going to return the Amazon thing for twenty one dollars, but he's using it too on things. But I bring it up. He goes, this is it's a neat feature. It really really does. And you don't now have to have an iPhone. You can have any sort of phone and you can go get either a case or you can just literally get the manet. The magnet itself. One side of it sticks. It's a sticky substance that sticks on your phone and the outside of it is magnetic. And now you can use the same things that Apple uses for the things. And so again it's again could be a good Father's Day present charges wirelessly charges always have these things. Again, not giving you it. I'm not here to give you one even brand of it. I'm just letting you know some of the neat feature that are out there for you. All right, little another Father's Day for you when we come back, gonna speak with a gentleman who knows everything about Search engine optimization. If you have a website, if you want to gain traction, if you don't have SEO already built into one of your marketing campaigns, will tell you how simple it can be. And also some of the companies, what type of companies industries really are kicking it when it comes to SEO dot On the High Tech Assent, sire Ah, Yes, summertime. It is here whether you like it or not, which means you take me wherever you are at the pool on your iHeartRadio app. We continue the long running high Tech text and show. Michael Greifeld is the name shout out to not only Houston, which I've been doing this for twenty three years. But also Big D, my hometown Dallas Talk Radio eleven ninety and also San Antonio. All you san Antonians, san Antonio Whites, I don't know, whatever you are. You have good Mexican food down there on WAI twelve hundred topics suggestions. A few people asked me over the past month for some reason. Maybe it's that time of year, summer, Some businesses are getting kind of slow. They have time in their hands. Should they upgrade their website or websites? Still relevant? Should I just be doing social media? Websites are very irrelevant. Let me help you out my website. I still think it's very relevant. Just about a month and a half ago some company found me and I got another gig from it, and so it always should be updated and out there, but also should have SEO search engine optimization. It's been a while since I talked to a little SEO, which means it's been a while since I talked to Steve Winter, who runs a Stouns in Houston, who runs website. He also from Big D. My man, how's your summer been been outstanding?
Speaker 1: Had a lot of fun, just played a little golf and Bandon Dunes up in Oregon. Had a great time.
Speaker 3: Let me check my spam email. I don't remember getting that invitation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, don't worry. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: But I say we average walking I think twelve to fourteen miles a day, and that's hard on an old man.
Speaker 3: Well, define old baby, ain't that much older. Yeah, we got to keep in shape. But the fact, the fact is you do have time for golf because your your company is cranking. You have got a team who just does so many things. I communicate with them regularly because anytime I need something maybe at not fixed but added, or like I just added a few new radio stations to my rate to you know, absolutely exactly. So I emailed your staff and I'm think, oh, Steve's not here, he's golfing, but we're more than happy to take care. Yeah, so astounds. Obviously, you do create websites, you update websites, you get them into the twenty first century. But a website is really not truly working unless it is optimized for search engines. And let's put it this way. When I get asked about this, the first question I asked when people ask me about SEO is I asked them what type of company they have, what service are they in. I'm going to ask you this. Look at all your clients, the fittest downs. What are some of the better companies, services, jobs, organizations that work well with SEO.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad to ask that because you know, when we go in with a client, what we say it all the time, we really want to be their best salesperson, okay, and their cheapest salesperson.
Speaker 2: They're the ROI.
Speaker 1: And certain businesses absolutely in what we're doing, are better for our services than others. And you know, your service business is your h va C. You're plumbing, you know, and even even service businesses you know, your accountants and lawyers and things like that, where you know a lot of them don't have salespeople. They're great engineers, great technicians, great practitioners, but they don't have a sales force, right and and their services are not inexpensive, okay, And so leads and all. And an investment in a website in SEO is huge, you know, we do it.
Speaker 2: You know. Pest control is another big one for us.
Speaker 1: Those are the companies that we really really see great returns on and can truly make a difference. One of one of my commercial HVAC clients is in my breakfast club and he goes, I said, you know how any things going.
Speaker 2: He goes.
Speaker 1: Man, he goes, you know, we they we've impacted his business so much. He goes, but I almost need to turn my website off right now. I am just getting slammed, you know. But those are the ones we love to hear from, right and and those are the results we're looking for.
Speaker 2: Are those companies that.
Speaker 1: We can really really make an impact.
Speaker 2: And we try to be very honest.
Speaker 1: It's people that come to us, you know, they're trying to launch like a new clothing brand or something that's almost more of a viral or a luck or you've really got to get out there and get you know, those folks out there that have all the followings.
Speaker 2: Whatever to try to promote a brand.
Speaker 1: Because you're competing against Lululemon and you know, the Gap and all these other different companies that have been out there forever. Very hard to do. But local service businesses, serving in the community or whatever you're not. We can do national brands. We've done some really cool national stuff too, But you talk about the ones that are the quick, easy returns. You know, are these service businesses that have a certain geography with within which they work and going after those and just seeing some fabulous results.
Speaker 3: Steve Winter joining me. He is with astounds as t O U n d Z dot com. For some reason, you were interested in upgrading your website getting se O. I certainly can valiche because I've worked with this company for many years. It's funny you got an anecdotal story about when SEO works well, it certainly proves your point. But when it doesn't work well, Steve, it also proves a point. Let me tell you, so, I got a friend of mine. She owns her own event company. So she runs events, big weddings, corporate events and wedther and she and things like that. She realizes on her website she is seoed it out all right. Well, her website was down for like a week and a half in April or May. She noticed the lack of incoming calls that she got from people asking for proposals solely because her website was down, but her SEO nothing was hitting right there. And so it just shows you how important how vital is the businesses right now, whether it works whether it doesn't work. You got to have the thing running.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And the other thing we ask our clients, I mean, you know, we want them engaged with us. We like some of our clients. We literally get sales reports from them, and we know what is you know, when when things are up and down or whatever, we're looking at it. Surprisingly enough, I had one of my clients. I had been trying to get together with them forever. They in the asphalt business, and they were rebuilding up. They had moved their warehouses and other things and just wouldn't really get with us. And I'm sitting there talking to them, and they said, well, we may go to another web company. We haven't really been getting many leads. And I'm going, I'm scratching my head, and I go and I send them a list of all the leads we had been getting. Well, they had made some changes on security on their email or whatever else, and all of our leads were going to spam. They realized they had missed probably two million dollars.
Speaker 2: In leads that we had generated.
Speaker 1: And and you know, just because we didn't have regular meetings, and I had tried to meet with them and they were too busy. And yet I mean, you talk about wasted money and all that was crazy and it broke my heart to hear this, you know, and here they've lost two million dollars in business that we that we had been generating in the background that they didn't know about.
Speaker 3: It's great, it's crazy stories like this, I'll ask you know. Actually I just got to hold them. They've got an email over here. SEO is the subject coming in. This is from James. James is in Parentland. He wants to know how difficult is it to set up and start the whole SEO process, which is a very good question because I bet a lot of people think, oh my gosh, this is going to take further today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not hard at all. You know.
Speaker 1: We have a very simple questionnaire that we send that ask them. You know, as I say all the times, if it takes more than twenty minutes or a glass of wine, you spent too much time on it.
Speaker 2: But it asks just basics on you know.
Speaker 1: Where they're wanting to show up, what their geography is, where their service areas, what do they think their keywords are, who do they think their competitors are? And then we go do all the analysis and look at it and come back with the solution. And you know, truthfully, with AI these days and everything else. We used to have our clients we would want them to help us or whatever, or write a lot of their marketing content and stuff like that. Today we write most of the content and do ninety eight percent of the work and so you know, it just takes a little bit of time, and you know, review as much as they want to. Some of our clients review it very detailed. Others don't pay any attention to it at all. They look at us as the experts, and we go and do everything this needed simple. Is that?
Speaker 3: All right? People want to get up contact with you obviously at stounds with a Z dot com phone number anything.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, I mean it's all there on astounds dot com I cell number two eight one eight eight twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: His name is Steve Winner astounds dot com. It is all se O all the time. A man stay cool out there, Hit him, hit him straight and long, and I appreciate your time.
Speaker 2: Hook them horns.
Speaker 3: Look, I like this guy. Hook them horns. Count down eighty one days they'll kick off people. All right, Michael Garfield, I got to get back an air conditioning at cocktail time here on the High Tech Texting Show, Don't Go Anywhere. Winding down the special Father's Day weekend show. Michael is the name, whatever your name is, Thank you for listening. Happy Father's Day to you, your dad, your granddad, your great granddad, your father's to be. If you want to email me when the show is over, give me a comment on x hi Tech Texan Hi Tech Texting dot com. Whatever. Next week, we're gonna do the difficult. If you didn't like your gift you got for Father's Day, call let me know. I'm more than happy to tell you what to trade it in for. We're still about two weeks away before I review and do my little TV segment on robotic lawnmowers PI. That could be a good Father's Day gift. Sorry'm a little late on that. I'm not gonna give out the phone number anymore because we are winding it down. We are quick countdown. We are one year away, almost exactly this week from the World Cup humming to coming to the United States, but coming to Texas. Two locations in Texas. Dallas actually is at Arlington. We've got at and T Stadium and in RG Stadium. In Houston, which, by the way, for all you soccer nerds, uh football nerds, coming extra When the games are played here across North America next year, they will be played in stadiums like Kansas City Chiefs Stadium at and T Stadium in our G Stadium. They will not be referred to as those with title sponsors. FIFA, the governing body of World Cup. They have strange laws when it comes to sponsorship unless a company is a partner high level partner with FIFA, no names, no logos, no anything will be mentioned. So, as of right now, is a true story. The instead of playing an eighteen and T stadium in our lilingketoonn or Jerry World the the World Cup six seven games that will be in the Dallas area will be played at Dallas Stadium. Houston will not be played at in our G Stadium. They will be played at Houston Stadium. The final match will not be It'll be in the Meadowlands at not MetLife Field or whatever it's called. It will be at New York, New Jersey Stadium. I am not kidding you. I bring this up because I saw something. Where is this when they got some press release over here? Oh yeah, they are every every stadium will have grass. Not just grass, It'll be elite grass. It is high tech grass. That's why they send it to me. Twelve US stadiums, twelve different turf strategies, from synthetic blends to ultra durable b to grass. There are gonna be GPS guided sand layers, twenty eight miles of a heated pipes. This is the one that's going to be in Philadelphia, growing lights to simulate sunderlight, sunlight under closed roofs. Are they going to have California baits? Since Amelia, I'm not I'd even know, and I thought, you know what this is? Do you know who's bag? This would be for all of you if you've lived in Houston area for years and years. One of my best friends, Randy Lemon. Randy used to host the garden Line Big Gardener, sadly tragically quickly passed away two and a half years ago. Right now, I miss him every single day. This would be a story of the Randy and I would both cover technology based grass. So be on the lookout if you were a FIFA World Cup fan coming to the United State, it's gonna be pretty big. I know the seven matches going to be in Houston alone. It's gonna It's got like seven Super Bowls. It's going to be big one. More sports notes. Good luck to us all the Texas base, certainly Dallas based golfer in the US Open this week if they made the cut. Scotty Scheffler just tearing up the golf roll right now. Did you see with Scotty Scheffler deleted his Venmo account. They talk about, you know, Venmo, it's a new technologically based way to actually send money to somebody. I have Venmo, PayPal, the whole thing. Scotty deleted his Venmo account. Do you know why? This is a sad state of golf and a sad state of betting, And I do like betting on sports. He deleted his Venmo account because he would hear from fans whether they have a financial benefit or anything in their outcome of betting on him. So, if somebody bet on Scotty to win and they want a good amount of money out of their kindness with the heart some rando would Venmo Scotty some money as a thanks for helping me win. But sadly, if they lost on Scotty, he would get nasty messages asking Scotty to pay them back. That's not it. That's not good. I mean, this goes back. I mean there's a lot of negative interaction with people in Betters too. Last month, was it the Houston astrost pitcher Lance mccullors. He received death threats online from a fan from a better who was frustrated and drunk when he lashed out on social media. Just, you know, just people, just be smart about this. Things, Be smart about this things. You could do better than that, so could Scotty. Let's go Scotty. Also, all you Android fans out there, and I know there are so many because I'm an Android guy. Also, the latest operating system, Android sixteen is here. I get this a lot. Yes, every time iPhones launch a new operating system, Hey should I do it?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: Do I? Do I have to download it? Michael? Should I? I personally don't have a problem with upgrading to the operating system as early as I can. I have my phone set on push notifications. It'll let me know, Hey, there's a new operating system. You're ready to download this thing? And I'm just going to go, Hey, Yes, I mean I think there's before an operating system is launched. There is a lot of testing. There's a lot of beta program testing that anybody can actually get into if you sign up for it. I really don't play with the beta I wait till it's officially launched. Point is Android sixteen just announced it. It is rolling out. If you have a Google Pixel phone, you're getting that update first. Obviously, you got to dance with the one who brung you or eat your own dog foods. Since Google is Android, Android is Google, you know, then they make phones. They're gotta give it to them. So all the other Android manufacturers you're gonna have to wait a little look at some of the upgrades over here, anxious to try. You're gonna get more streamlined notifications. So if you're like waiting for food delivery to get your house, instead of opening your delivery app every five minutes, they're gonna give you live updates to keep you informed in real time if you care about that.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: I set clearer and simpler calling with hearing devices hearing aids. There's there's actually bluetooth. There's hearing aids that have Bluetooth that will automatically connect to your phone. Actually, I know someone who uses it. And actually they're pretty cool. They're gonna make that a little bit more easier access in working with that, there's gonna be better security with a single tap of your phone, which is good. Security is always goods only if they need to enhance security. Nothing too bad about that. That are connection with tablets using decks, decks pretty cool. That's something that mirrors your phone to a tablet in computers. Anyway, when I download this, I don't have a pixel. Google. Nice to meet you if you do get the Android sixteen anxious to hear your thoughts on that. But at the end of the day, no, I'm not too wary of downloading these things after they've been through beta. Within it about a day or two, they're generally having up updated features. So my guess is the over under is about probably four days before Android sixteen point one or sixteen point one is released, and says out other than that, sounds like I got to wrap up this. I got to wrap up the show. People, get out of here. It's only a two hour show that we've been doing it pretty much for almost half my life. Thank you for doing it in Callumrie. You're not a dad, but tell your dad happy Father's dat you for everybody who celebrates Father's games, everyone who's missing your dad thinking of you. Thank you to all my Father's Day wishes, great singing and being with my dad. My kids also here up in the Dallas area. We'll be back next week, probably from Houston, or you know what, I could take the show on the road. Hey, if someone wants to invite me to their call Rotoh House beach House in California, no prob I am there with you. Find me at high Tech Texan dot com all the social media. My name is Michael. I have a great week's stay cool my people, and I will talk to you next week. But right now, my Father's Day special for my Father's Day weekend is over.