Speaker 1: It's me, diar Way.
Speaker 2: Who is this?
Speaker 3: I don't know, it's me. It's amid the Ruins. It's a guy who makes dire Way of music. It's amid the Ruins.
Speaker 1: Since sense.
Speaker 3: Dire Way music music.
Speaker 2: M M.
Speaker 3: What I've talked about in you know, probably one hundred articles of Jays analysis is the implementation of the AI smart grip in the giant smart cities, which is what IBM talks about publicly building. And that's where we're going, and that's what I think we have to be really concerned about.
Speaker 4: So all of these tensions, they.
Speaker 3: Are kind of a long term strategy to basically get everybody moved into megacities. They'll be forced to they'll be forced off of land and so forth for an environmental reasons and basically concoct and invented environmental nonsense.
Speaker 2: Then you'll be stuck in some hell a whole megacity in a.
Speaker 3: Basically a carton size apartment, living over a target or something, or inside of the target or a Walmart. As I said several years ago, it's actually coming true.
Speaker 2: Now there's a Shipagan city.
Speaker 3: This is all part of the long term global strategies. But to get there, you've got to have the constant clash, the constant alchemical blending and mixing and smashing together right out of Manicheanism to produce the convergence, to produce the synthesis. And that's what's crucial in all this and what is absolutely true from an alchemical, esoteric, philosophical, and geopolitical perspective, the fact that the Ruin elite seek to be post human. Jason alsos dot com, you are not allowed. Girls are not welcome.
Speaker 4: Welcome boys and girls and nerds.
Speaker 3: Are you all little simple jacks tonight? Are you all little simple jacks? Do you have your Do you have your oval walls on?
Speaker 5: Are you ready to play?
Speaker 3: Are you ready? Because tonight's movies do feature simple jack.
Speaker 4: We've got a treat for you, boys and girls.
Speaker 3: Tonight we got lawn mower Man, Thirteenth Floor, gyanam On, even Sky Existence and Video Drone. So I'm a more and more Croninberg fan. I mean, I've seen many Croninberg movies over the year. Year over the year, over the year I've only I'm only one year old, over the year that I've been alive, and now I am more of a Cronberg fan because I enjoyed scanners. Do you remember when we watched scanners into that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, his head popped. That's what I remember about scanners.
Speaker 3: You look nice to know I like you and blue. It's uncommon. Thank you. I look like I'm wearing a I'm either going to sleep in this boomer pajama shirt or I'm going to give you fifties gas self service. Better tip me. Greatest generation, I want more than a dime? Are you the greatest generation?
Speaker 5: We are zennials. We are on the cusp of millennial and Gen X, a micro generation.
Speaker 3: And even though I'm the creator, founder, copyright, trademark, owner of all the boomer jokes, I still get called a boomer all the time, which makes no sense. If you birth is a joke, you give birth to this joke, then you get and I don't have anything in common.
Speaker 5: You become what you mock. Eventually.
Speaker 3: The only thing I have in common with boomers is Florida and a tiny grill. But the tiny grill is like a homeless person grill. It's not even boomer bloomber grills. You know, you have there like they wed a ton and you wheel them around like a damn gurney.
Speaker 5: Right, you do have some boomer slippers that you were in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but the.
Speaker 3: Feet sweat so I can't even really wear them. Yeah, that's a problem. Sweaty feet, clammy feet, clammed up feet. Uh, don't read the chat. They will distract you and they'll try to they'll try to play mind games, try to get in your head and play syops like the lawnmower man. Do you remember that he gets some people's heads. Oh yeah, he develops god powers because of because of evolution.
Speaker 5: Evolution? Is that what you want to start with.
Speaker 3: Well, we want to remind the people welcome everybody. And by the way, you can do super chats still through stream laves and that little gay zombie pops up doing the running man.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: So you please can still support your favorite content creators. I hate that phrase. This makes me sound like a freaking machine that spits out content. The content machine. Support your favorite content machine. I'm a content algorithm that just vomits it out for you. You're the little baby birds, the baby the baby maybe nerd birds, and I'm the mama that choose up the content and vomits it up into the baby nerd mouth, baby nerd bird okay jokes.
Speaker 5: No, that was like Alex Shoon's level, like weird and gross.
Speaker 3: That's what my mind does. I go through these, you know, like improv style stream of consciousness things. That's what's that's what's fun.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: Some of the people in the chat are actively presently engaged in four simultaneous sy offs on us at one time. What are we doing? What are we starting with? We're gonna start with not that that's the popular one. We're gonna do the less popular ones first. Uh, We're gonna do thirteenth Floor and Dyannemonic pick one.
Speaker 5: I liked thirteenth Floor. Let's start with that one because I was surprised that I liked it more than Dark City. It was kind of like, what was it? Dark City and the Truman Show.
Speaker 3: In the in the Matrix. Now we're intentionally not doing the Matrix because I mean, everybody hiss that. Come on, it's time to do the other eighties and nineties virtual worlds Internet right that what's coming is gonna be so badass, dude, the Net. We're gonna be surfing the net and it's gonna make everybody smart and everybody's gonna be cool, and there's gonna be Napster and LimeWire. You could download a song and it takes like three days to get one MP three and you can leave it running all night, bro, and you'll have your favorite Enigma song. We turn to its hands, as long as you're willing to let that damn napster run all night on your on your twenty four fifty six k motum.
Speaker 5: Bro with your oh one of these had oh, that's Johnny and Monic. Because data storage was super tiny.
Speaker 3: Yes in the future, when they download things into your brain, they apparently didn't consider the fact that like five gigabytes is not a lot.
Speaker 4: Because or perhaps Keanu really doesn't have a lot of.
Speaker 5: It has eighty gigs of them?
Speaker 4: Are we doing joining to Monaco?
Speaker 5: Let's see thirty four first, because I liked it so the year, but.
Speaker 3: Actually the eight gigabytes is better than what is in lawnmower Man, because in lawnmower Man, Pierce Brosman thinks three megabytes is a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go ahead.
Speaker 5: The year is twenty.
Speaker 3: Year, twenty twenty four, but the.
Speaker 5: Movie was made in nineteen ninety nine, so in nineteen ninety nine they thought in twenty twenty four four years from today, that we would have these kinds.
Speaker 3: Of technology, go landa pod and you get to be a god of your own world.
Speaker 5: Well, it starts out with I think therefore I am, So what does that mean to pertain to the movie.
Speaker 3: Well, the movie is just kind of I mean, there is a gnostic ish theme to the movie, so it's kind of hearkening to the idea that, Well, dude, like what if reality is virtual? You know, like it's all just my mind projecting reality and we think the computers are like going to give us an insight into virtual reality. But dude, it's telling us that real reality is virtual.
Speaker 4: It's like that's a simulation theory, isn't that.
Speaker 5: Part of this the New age science club people they talk about everything's just a hologram.
Speaker 3: I was in chess club.
Speaker 5: No, I mean, like the guy of uh.
Speaker 3: Spirit, I know, but I'm making there. I was really in chess club, not science club.
Speaker 5: That's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but we never played We never played chess. We just went to be we got out of class and then I stood in the front of chess club for the yearbook picture. I never played chess once.
Speaker 5: I like chess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, man, we was scamming.
Speaker 5: This movie is based on a book called Simulate. Come three, I guess.
Speaker 3: Right now, and we got to go a little faster than this.
Speaker 5: Okay, but open scene he's cheating on matrix wife with matrix prostitutes. Is the guy who made this entire world phenomenal cosmic powers is really cheating? I think?
Speaker 3: So if the real the actual wife is also not actual, then how can you cheat on something that's not real?
Speaker 5: Didn't he have a real wife and.
Speaker 3: The real Well, you just ruined the movie.
Speaker 5: He's cheating on his matrix wife with matrix The future sucks.
Speaker 3: Usually in dystopian they have to will be very good dystopia. It was like a badass.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's why they have to escape into virtual rally because reality bites. What is that movie surrogates? Yeah, let's see, fully formed cyber beings are sims or units and PCs. So he's going into this cyber world and all the people are so realistic that it looks like the real world. You can't tell the VR from reality. The VR is even better than reality actually, and so it's full of NPC units, right, just like Inception.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good analogy to Inception.
Speaker 5: What I liked about this movie was that one of the worlds was set in Los Angeles in nineteen thirty seven, which I think is a cool time and place.
Speaker 3: It's a in sci fi noir. This is in the nineties when Neo NOA is still popular.
Speaker 5: Is this the one that had the Blade Runner apartment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot.
Speaker 3: Of throwbacks of Board Runner in this movie.
Speaker 5: So there's talk about transferring consciousness into the matrix. Every character has a double or an avatar. Right, Let's see the sims are missing time when they're not occupied. Do you remember that part.
Speaker 3: Yes, So there's also a mind control element to it to where the people kind of pass out, and then other consciousness invades different NPCs consciousnesses and so there's like a weird It's basically like what if what a virtual reality was actually just alternate realities and they all kind of coincide, and like altars are just people in other you know, multiverses or.
Speaker 5: Whatever, Like you're just an avatar for an alien or angel or a.
Speaker 3: Demon or some kind of Yeah, we're doing Thirteenth Floor the nineteen ninety eight.
Speaker 5: From Thirteenth Floor, which I thought it was better than I thought it was going to be because I'd never heard of it. Let's see, sims are men, sims have rights. So there's this discussion.
Speaker 3: In the movie seems to mean, I mean the vegans, the vegans vegans in Australia they say kids, I mean seems I mean, it.
Speaker 5: Seems a meaning ting. So there's this question if a sim has thoughts and feelings and actions and will and agency in a virtual world, does it have rights? Is that's going to be something that we have to think about in the future.
Speaker 3: I mean, they probably will start saying that AI augmented reality beings somehow have rights because that would help promote transhumanism and AI and all that. So probably, I mean, it all be a bunch of fraud, but there's no limits to the fraudy.
Speaker 5: Yeah. So one of the reveals in the movie is that it's very much like The Truman Show or and they have a flat Earth because it's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because you come to the end of the you know, thirty seven La Hollywood, It just comes to an end and then it's likes and retro scent wave background.
Speaker 5: Basically just unfair.
Speaker 4: But you come to your screens, your retrowave screensaver at the end of La Bro.
Speaker 3: Take the far down to the three, get on the three, and then go to your retroave. The Kristen Wi the Californians go, mm.
Speaker 5: Let's see what else retrowave matrix inception. That's it, knoxtick trickster Demiurge.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So the old guy who's the blind, fumbling creator deity of this matrix world, he's forgotten and I don't forget what he is, but he he doesn't know what's going on. And once again it's the nimi Urge narrative. And there is an interesting twist in this movie. Spoiler alert. Uh, the the bad guy is not your typical bag. I won't tell you who the bad guy is, but it's not the bad guy that you think. Let's go in an interesting direction. I don't know why this movie is bombed by the critics. It's not a bad movie. Maybe people felt it was too similar to the Matrix one year. I think after the first Matrix. It's similar in a lot of ways to the Matrix, but also different in other ways. So it's not a bad movie. So I'm not sure why the critics bombed it. Fans the audience seems to like it. It's usually about a seventy seven out of ten from the audiences, and then you know, yeah, critics are like, screw this.
Speaker 5: So what I thought was interesting about this was that the whole virtual world was built around just satisfying your vices. Gambling.
Speaker 3: Well, that's going to be the purpose of all the VR stuffy, Yeah, exactly, So.
Speaker 5: Don't harm your body with real vices. Just go into the virtual world and you can gamble and have sex and all that other.
Speaker 3: And granted, we could have included you know, Blade Run, but I mean I've already covered done multiple videos on Blade Runner and the Matrix, so we wanted to do the ones that aren't always talked about, right, So you know, some of these are still fairly you know, big movies with al Sky or whatever, and they were fun too.
Speaker 5: This one was a really fun batch, don't you think. Yeah? Ye, so spoiler alert can we say that ahead?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: One of the secrets that you find out is that the virtual world is inside the virtual world. So it's like if you had a video game the Sims, and the Sims made the video game the Sims in their world. That's what. Yes, it's fair.
Speaker 3: Some little shee yeah.
Speaker 5: Shade archetype shadow self so the.
Speaker 3: Bad guy, the good guys.
Speaker 5: The bad guy, yeah, in another world, another reality, his higher self. Yes, so he's the real DeMier. It's not the old man exactly right, that's what you find out. And she's Sofia. Does somebody in here's named Sofia?
Speaker 2: Actually?
Speaker 5: Yeah? But if you die in the game, you die in.
Speaker 3: Rel that's in existence.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But in thirteenth floor, the thirteenth floor is that missing dimension. It's another dimension. It's that other layer level of existence, and there is the Nosta. There is a gnostic mythology to this because this whole time he's searching for Gretchen Mall and she ends up being his Sofia principle that you know, heals him or whatever and things can return to to normal. They have a happy ending when they solve the matrix puzzle.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Again, I didn't like the year twenty four to twenty four, the real, real, real reality twenty four in the movie. I thought it looked kind of that's.
Speaker 3: Not the reality.
Speaker 5: That's No. At the very end, when they're at the beach.
Speaker 3: The layer is still a layer of the matrix.
Speaker 4: Really, or is he the good consciousness in the regular guy?
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's the that's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, No, La does not look like that now. So they have this glistening nor.
Speaker 5: Will it look like that four years from now.
Speaker 3: There's like glistening you know, Space City in twenty twenty four. Yeah, and it looks like you know, dump like just as much as it did in nineteen ninety eight, ninety nine.
Speaker 4: All right, what's next? John Namonic?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, so John, thank you for the super chat. We will get to those in a minute.
Speaker 5: Johnny Mnemonic, nineteen ninety five, excellent. Corporation's rule is the first note we got so everything.
Speaker 4: That's the note for every dystopian movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they also rule man like, they're so cool, like you can do cool things with your mind in the computer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the corporations give you a well in this in this dystopia, I think this is set.
Speaker 5: In twenty twenty one, so that's next year. Yeah, next year, Keanu Reeves will have eighty gigabytes of memory, so a little bit bigger than iPod first first.
Speaker 3: No, first generation iPod had more than that, didn't it.
Speaker 5: Okay, the first video the first video generation I thought I had was sixteen. So there's a new plague called nerve attenuation syndrome.
Speaker 3: This is interesting because this movie does have some elements in it that are pretty revelatory. There wasn't really much in Thirteenth Flour that was revelatory and like a predicted programming since, but John Monic does have that because we find out that the the sickness that people are getting everywhere is due to the over abundance of frequencies. Yeah, there's all these frequencies everywhere. Yeah, and it's basically it's basically messing people up. And so that's the dilemma that Kinko has to solve at the end. But anyway, this is a William Gibson novel, So that's why this has some of the element because he wrote Neuromancer, which has some of these same kind of predictive stuff, and it has a matrix in it that's a neuromancer. So we know that William Gibson's going to give us something predictive.
Speaker 5: There's a new class of people called the low text remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these are the revolution there's always a revolutionary in every one of these dystopian movies.
Speaker 5: So the low texts don't want to merge with the machine.
Speaker 3: They live in Under the Bridge that are like rats, but they ironically have a giant computer system, so it's like they use technology. They're not they're not really they're like Amish or they're like the Mennonites, right, yeah, the the Mennonitees will you know, use the bank and the card and Amish are like, we don't use zippers because they're from Satan.
Speaker 5: They use the word info wars. So there's some kind of battle going.
Speaker 3: On, right, So there's all kinds of information warfare is brought up in this I lost the place in the notes chips Klaus might stored Oh they talk about storing data in humans and Klaus, as we've talked about in the Fourth and Dusty Revolution analysis, Klaus mentions that in his book he says it in the future, we might store data in DNA.
Speaker 4: That's what this movie is about.
Speaker 3: And Kinko Reeve is actually a spy. He's a data courier spy person and he's called Agent Smith and he's dressed up like Agent Smith in The Matrix, which is odd because it's only three years later that he will play Neo.
Speaker 5: So the low text live in City Corps New Darwin in Wake Up Call Oh, so Darwin is a hero neo Darwinian, Yeah, Darwinian, but he's at the New Darwin Inn when he gets a wake up call. And then there's Skype. Remember every future movie has a dimension.
Speaker 3: Version of Skype, you know, that's always but and they act like everybody's going to call everybody for every call on Skype, and nobody does that. That's what they got wrong.
Speaker 4: Skype is for interviews and that's it.
Speaker 3: Everybody texts everybody there, nobody's skypes FaceTime.
Speaker 5: There's a lot of interesting things going on in the background of the world in this movie, like China. There's like riots in China and Beijing over that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very much a Blade Runner kind of future, but not very good special effects. So it looks like, I mean, once again they're throwing back to Blade Runner and he mentions that the he has to fight the Yukuza. So the Japanese Yakuza at the beginning is working for They've been hired by the Big Corporation whatever, the Big Mega corp. And every dystopian movie is so that it was interesting that they have this kind of you know, spy element to it, and it makes it I've not yet read William Gibson. So it makes me really want to get into Neuromancer because I'm sure it has a lot of predictive stuff in it. But thank you for those super chats there, Finian, and we'll get to those here in a minute.
Speaker 5: Twin girls, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 3: Maybe there's some maybe I was thinking of, like the astrological, just like in cubric the Twins astrology.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, yeah, so he only has eighty gigs and then he has to get an upgrade and he gets one hundred and sixty gigs. Man, but it's not enough. He's mister Smith. You said that Keanu has a rebel tooth, just like you. So there's a close up of his teeth and you can see on the bottom just like Jay Kanu.
Speaker 3: Has seventeen seventy six in my mouth.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 3: There's a revolution going on in the underground. The above ground are elite, they're perfect, and the underground there's a revolution to overthrow the the upper class.
Speaker 5: Comic book characters, anime battle scenes. I don't remember that the web serves you. So, yeah, he's got the whole Was there.
Speaker 3: A scene where it switched to anime?
Speaker 5: I think he was watching that.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, well that's predictive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they will.
Speaker 4: Be looking in the future and anime taking over doing.
Speaker 5: The Yukuza thing too, so that's why they have that. So they download all this crap into his head, but he only has dial up and he can't take it. So he's gonna die man if he doesn't like get his information.
Speaker 3: So they figured all this amazing stuff out in the future, but they're basically using you know, like you said, first generation iPod storage level and the upload download speed is like dial up level, so it doesn't work too good in Kinko's head.
Speaker 5: The Free City of Newark is like can you say those? Yeah, so they have a no technology zone. Yeah, the load text and.
Speaker 3: It looks like Chaz Chop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's all burnt out. Yeah, it's really bad, and it's.
Speaker 4: Run by Iced Tea.
Speaker 3: By the way, Iced.
Speaker 5: Tea, let's see with oh, because without the Internet, we'd all live in boxes like hobos. Right, No, that's what they're trying to show without technology.
Speaker 3: But this movie is it's against the Internet.
Speaker 5: That's what the low text like live like rats in the sewer.
Speaker 3: And so we need because they're oppressed. Though but by the Corporation Inc. Corporation in Corporate Corporation Inc. Always oppressed. That's why, that's why they're fighting against it with the dolphin power. Remember, yes, we'll.
Speaker 5: Get to that, are we We're not there yet, No chop Renaissance off Apocalypse.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, Henry Rollins is in this by the way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, as a doctor.
Speaker 5: And it's so steampunk like their look and.
Speaker 3: Everything the well that was nineties. Remember a tank girl? What's her face?
Speaker 5: I know you're doing about Petty Lory Petty.
Speaker 3: She went from point brank, point break to tank girl and then what.
Speaker 5: And then what?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: No, she was on Orange is the New Black.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let's see his.
Speaker 5: Brain can't hold all the memes and the nineties gifts.
Speaker 3: Yes, dancing Baby gift basically shorts circuits Kinko's mind.
Speaker 5: Oh, he had to erase his childhood to hold all the data. That was interesting.
Speaker 3: Dump that recycled, ben, dude, we got to fit some more memes in here.
Speaker 5: There's an eye in the pyramid when he goes online.
Speaker 3: Yes, so we see illuminate confirm does actually show up and it's not it's this, it's an intentional illuminate confirm here, so the Internet is you know, illuminate confirm and also in hackers when he first hacks at the beginning, they're talking about illuminate confirm and the nWo and you see the all sing on it, So it was it is interesting that they have intentionally placed the all singular let's.
Speaker 5: See pharmaicom data in his head. So that's one of the interesting things about this.
Speaker 3: Is what is.
Speaker 5: The pharmaceutical industry is wrapped up in this Yakuza data dump that Keanu has to curry in his DNA, right, Yeah, because.
Speaker 3: They have the cure to nash and they want to gain the system, get everybody six so that you have to get the cure. Where have we heard of this before?
Speaker 5: Oh, there's the Church of the Retransfiguration member.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, Dolph Lundgren plays imagine Dolph Lundgren dressed up as Jesus, dressed up as Francis of Assisi, as a as a super soldier assassin. So yes, Dolph Lundren is literally playing a super soldier as France of Assisi as Jesus, and he's ahead of a cult.
Speaker 5: Oh and then if you get this neurological disease, this nerve attenuation syndrome. They call it the black Shakes. That was kind of weird because.
Speaker 3: Well, didn't they spit out goo or something something black?
Speaker 5: I think they did have the foaming.
Speaker 3: So technology Wi Fi is poisoning.
Speaker 5: It's poisoning people. Yeah, Pharmacom has again.
Speaker 3: And Pharmacom, who is behind this poisoning, has a cure.
Speaker 5: Yeah, William Gibson story is that the author?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just said that like five times.
Speaker 5: Deep fake?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think there was some kind of a version of a deep fake in the movie at some point, which is again way ahead of its time. I don't remember what it was, but.
Speaker 5: Yeah, oh there was one. Yeah, what was it? I don't I know what's trying about, but I don't remember.
Speaker 2: What it was.
Speaker 3: I know that in my heart there will never be a fake Kiano Reache because he is a deep reality for me. There's no deep faking Kinko.
Speaker 5: You can't fake that.
Speaker 4: He's true love. It's true love.
Speaker 5: Johnny has a breakdown because he wants his ten DS luxuries of Oh, he doesn't want to join the Ludites because he has too much luxury in the virtual reality.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kinko has a spurgout because he wants his chicken. Are they virtual attend are they?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Well, like if you live in the technological world, it's half and half, so you know your creature comforts and then you can have whatever you want to VR.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Can you get like infinite tends in the r Why are they fighting technology by being steampunk? Get the word?
Speaker 4: It's just an older version of tech.
Speaker 3: They're like they're anti at tech, another they're low tech. Yeah, I guess steampunk.
Speaker 5: Even though we draw the line at Ai Man, we just like machine except four. There's the robo dolphin your favorite. Does this remind you?
Speaker 3: And he beats Dolphin Lundren? That was mind Joe, I want credit for that.
Speaker 5: What does that remind you of the dolphin?
Speaker 3: They reminded me of Dolphin Lungren? What do you mean what.
Speaker 5: You did a show about the book that John?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: It's yeah, it is like John C. Lily.
Speaker 4: I was like, why do they put this stupid dolphin in there?
Speaker 3: And then because the dolphin is working with the low text to beat the corporation that has sent dolphin Dolphin Lundren as an assassin, and so the dolphin sends out a signal and it like knocks out dolphin.
Speaker 5: It's because of his what do you call it a whole location? Yeah, yeah, his sonar.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So they hook up a dolphin the Internet and the dolphin has dolphin dial up. Oh and his name is Jones. The dolphin's name is Jones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a dolphin Jones who's fighting fight.
Speaker 5: Sonar killed Dolph. The dolphin can take you into the data.
Speaker 3: Well, it is a it is a brain interface where that's where Keanu has to jack in, which is all like what you'll see in the matrix in a couple of years. But when he jack's in, he has to get the dolphin to help guide him into the matrix, remember, and it's all like max headroom looking matrix.
Speaker 4: And but the point is that John C.
Speaker 3: Lily was studying dolphins for brain computer chip interfaces.
Speaker 4: So that's the only reason.
Speaker 3: I could think of why William Gibson would have I don't even know if you put this this stupid dolphin thing in the book. But when you watch the movie, it's just like what and the dolphin can send the signal out of his head.
Speaker 2: I mean, the.
Speaker 3: Dolphin has to open his third eye I and he can fight. That's the only way a dolphin could beat dolphin.
Speaker 5: Lungern right, yep, that's the end.
Speaker 3: Dolphin dial up? What is that? What's your last?
Speaker 5: Lady? Trapped? Or AI? Was there like a cliffhanger? Do you remember?
Speaker 3: I don't remember? Anyway, I had fun? How many? How many? How many dolphin lungdrens do you give? Giant the moment?
Speaker 5: Seven?
Speaker 3: Seven? This movie is not that good.
Speaker 5: But I had fun though, so it bumps it up.
Speaker 3: No, as a movie, not how much fun movie?
Speaker 5: Six?
Speaker 3: This movie is at best of five?
Speaker 5: Come on, five dolphins for you?
Speaker 3: Wasn't to get that stickball out of here? Stupid ass movie? I mean it was funny.
Speaker 5: Vanilla Sky or videos?
Speaker 3: Are you missing one? Lawnmore manor we just did that? We haven't done, we haven't Where are you at all?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 5: This is your favorite of the thing?
Speaker 3: No? No, the best movie of these, arguably is video Drum. Okay, what's that up there? We already do? Oh yeah, that's pretty good though. Anyway, pick one to go next.
Speaker 5: Let's go law more.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, dude, let me warn you because lawnmower Man Okay, I haven't seen it since the nineties. Law more Man, it is pure comedy. If you go into this movie looking for anything other why are you drinking younger coffee? What are you doing? Do you want a water coffee? This movie is it's Retarto, like its central character is s Retarta. So yeah, I mean, we think of the history of slow characters, and we think of the local bots, and we get we get for like make check. I hate Forrest Gump. That's one of my all time most hated movies. Never like Tom Hanks's face. Always disliked his face, Radio Radio Cuba, Getting Junior playing a blessed slow boy, Sleep with Billy Bob is a blessed slow boy. And there was one more I had, simple Jack, simple Jack, But yeah, whatever, he doesn't really count, but we'll count oh flowers for Aldren. So let's start with this. This is nineteen ninety two. Yeah, it's a Steve King story. I've not read this dumb thing. I don't know. Every time it's a Steve King story, I was like, it's nothing like the book. I don't know whatever. I mean. I read three Stephen King books and I mean, well we did that, didn't we do a talk on the stand. It was like the book pretty much, But I haven't read any of these other ones. So I don't know, lawmore Man.
Speaker 5: It's like books are really way worse, and they took out the horrible horrible.
Speaker 4: Did you read it or any of those?
Speaker 5: No, because I heard it was really bad. The book is bad as in like de yeah, like way worse than movie. But so Stephen King took his name off of this. It was so bad.
Speaker 3: Really, I think I thought it was a hit. I don't know. Let me you start talking it started, let me see if it was a hit. I don't remember.
Speaker 5: Virtual Space Industries right, And they had the monkey in the mind wiper in that carnival ride the gyroscope, So they have the monkey in the vomit machine like he's going to eat too many hot dogs.
Speaker 3: Well, remember we did Fortress and when they wipe Christopher Lambert's mind, ye call it the mind wiper. And it just happens to be the stupid ass ride from the circus, the carnival ride where you spin around and get your ass dizzy to throw up. It's just to sell you that you can throw up the funnel cakes.
Speaker 5: So they have a monkey in there. I think that's yes, is what Michael Jackson's monkey bubbles. Remember that that's.
Speaker 3: Not you should lie to the audience.
Speaker 5: That'll make a better I just wanted to bring up bubbles because I like him. Why not, I'll bring up bubbles anytime. He apparently has some kind of upgrade and now he's a monkey.
Speaker 3: So the Deep State under the guys of virtual space.
Speaker 4: Industries, right, mm hmm?
Speaker 3: Really? Uh retard retard name for a company that deals with creating virtual spaces as an industry monkeys, which is like, but what The one interesting thing about this is that it is made clear that they have a secret relationship with the Deep State. So this is a public private deep state company that is tired of doing experiments on monkeys. Because the monkey turns into monkey assassin, he breaks free from the Deep State. I'm not kidding. So the monkey gets out of his mind, Wiper breaks free, and you said he goes and kills people.
Speaker 5: I don't know this, but he was going on a shooting spree.
Speaker 3: Mafia monkey all he needed. I would have liked this movie if they had just given him a cigar, because the monkey with a cigar is funny. But if he doesn't have a cigar, it's just he sucks. But a monkey with a cigar and like a Tommy gun. That would have been great.
Speaker 5: We need to watch that one where the gorilla is the butler.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, worst of all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's so the monkey.
Speaker 3: Anyway, they're mad because they can't figure out if it's really gonna work by turning monkeys into super intelligent monkey assassins. So they decide to RoboCup monkey. He literally looks like robocops. So they make a super soldier monkey. Yeah, and then they were like, all right, uh, let's find a let's find a beautiful slow boy to experiment on.
Speaker 5: Yes, well, YouTube, you said, YouTube says faith. He's a woman's fantasy.
Speaker 3: But which I thought was funny if they met him in this as Job.
Speaker 5: Job Job, that's his character's name. It's so stupid.
Speaker 3: He wears overall. It's like freaking Chucky, like a four year old, Like like he's on the he's on the box of play school toys. Like literally, I know he's dressed like Chucky. Yeah, I mean, come on, what slow boy actually does dress like Chunky in overalls? Come on, He's like he's like my buddy, dude, Oh yeah, totally my buddy.
Speaker 5: He just he gets around on hot wheels.
Speaker 3: Right, mm hmm, that's what I'm telling you. This movie is freaking funny, dude. I mean, you cannot take this movie seriously. It will crack you up.
Speaker 5: The evolution of the human mind, we have to take it seriously.
Speaker 3: Oh that's actually it's not PC, is it? Because they chose a slow boy and so it's not PC.
Speaker 5: Next step in evolution is VR, and it can turn all of the dumb dumbs into geniuses.
Speaker 3: That was you, just Jack. That was a stupid. Part of this movie was a jacking in. It's gonna lead to human evolution and we're all gonna get smart do once we can have Wikipedia in our head, We're gonna be so smart and everybody be a genius. Dude, it'll be.
Speaker 5: Awesome of Google in your brain.
Speaker 3: That's well, that's how they present it in the movie. And they even say the evolution of the human mind is virtual reality. I think that's what the Pierce Brosnan characters.
Speaker 5: I like how they're contrasting simple Jack's simple job. They're contrasting simple job religious beliefs. While he's in his simple state.
Speaker 3: Yeah he's a Christian, yeah, and he's but he's.
Speaker 5: A Christian who allows his priest to abuse him.
Speaker 3: Yes, he's raped and been pillaged and flagellated by a Roman Catholic priest who's a creeper weirdo, which is an interesting element that he put in there.
Speaker 5: But so I like how Pierce Brosnan in the beginning his girlfriend walks out of him because you're skipping he's in the pr We said all that.
Speaker 3: One thing that's funny about the movie, and you see this in all these dystopian older nineties ages, is that they project it like by twenty fifteen, twenty twenty two, vr'll be everywhere. Dude, is still not a thing. I mean, they keep trying and trying trying to push VR. I don't know why it's still not a thing. I mean I have not done Oculus or any of this stuff. But they're always wrong about the projections of the year, right, like where's the flying car.
Speaker 4: Nobody's doing VR. It's it's all lame, it's not cool.
Speaker 3: But in this time period, it was like, dude, wait till the Internet to where and everybody's in VR.
Speaker 5: Ye.
Speaker 3: And by the way, imagine being James Bond and to go from being James Bond to experimenting on Slow Boys. I mean, in this dumbass movie, what was Pierce Brosman thinking, Well.
Speaker 5: I like how she walks out on his double low ins because he's on the VR.
Speaker 3: That's my joke. You can have it.
Speaker 5: We wrote it down.
Speaker 3: He has this hot wife and she's like wanted to get frisky, and he's like, I'm in the middle of this. I'm in the middle of the VR and he's going into the VR and it's like and he's was he trying to have VR relations kit?
Speaker 5: I don't think they didn't show that. He's just ignoring her for the VR and she gets fed up and I'm like, well, that's the only thing that's true about this movie in the future is that all the women are gonna walk out because they're sick of them Internet.
Speaker 3: Well, they do mention the VR coitas at some point. It comes up as wait till everybody can have VRD, it's gonna be so rare.
Speaker 5: He takes that widow lady into the VR to do it, remember or the lady the milf, the milf.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the milf that simple Jack puts the moves on.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This was in Flowers for aldron On too, because there's this point where so he's simple and then when his IQ starts going up, like he's doing whatever he's doing, and then he gets a certain point and he hits puberty and then he notices boobs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like, yeah, he was too simple and childlike before.
Speaker 3: That, but he's a grown man. It doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 5: I want Net, the Worldwide Net? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: Oh? That My note was that I'm talking about the way people thought about the Internet in the future.
Speaker 4: They were like, we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Have the Net and it'll be the world Wide Web, and you'll be able to surf it, and everybody will have the Net and we'll all be surfing it, and it's going to be so rad And they didn't realize that it was like the destruction of the whole universe. The Internet would bring the total dystopia collapse of.
Speaker 5: The dirtiest thing ever created.
Speaker 3: Well, they didn't in the movie. I guess you could actually argue the movie, Well, if you know the end the movie is kind of warning that the Internet, the Internet is going to lawn mow us. All that's what That's what happens. Remember, Oh, lawnmower over man, lawnmower lawnmowing. Yeah, and we're all tards, arts, we're all jobs, and we think we're gonna be turned into geniuses by by the surfing the web, and instead it's gonna it's gonna it's gonna mower minds because he mows that one guy's mind at the gas station.
Speaker 5: And every man is a god in the virtual world.
Speaker 3: Right, that's the that's the lure, the trap de bait. Dude, bro, it's gonna be so awesome when you can have sex with dragons in your virtual world. That's what you've always wanted to do.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, that's what they're all these futuristic movies. That's what they're doing in the VR or are right here right.
Speaker 3: Oh. I did have an instance one time recently where a slow boy was in front of me, uh and he pulled his pants down relieves himself and then pulled them back up and all within about five feet of me in the middle of a giant parking line with a bunch of people out there. That was an interesting event and that was true.
Speaker 5: Story that really I missed it. I was inside it. Let's see. Oh, the lawnmower, he calls it big Red because it's like a car.
Speaker 4: It's like his fire truck.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then Pierce bros And is like, oh, I'm so tired of experimenting on monkeys. If I could only but find a slow boy to experiment on. And then he walks out of his basement and what do you know next to him as a shed provided full with a slow boy right in front of Oh, well, here we go. So he lures Job into the apparatus. Yes, and they play video games right, well, they start with video games, oh yeah, and then it turns into it. By the way, why is the neighbor's kid who's like ten hanging out with Joe the full grown man chucky boy slow boy and they're in Pierce Brosn's basement. Isn't that a little weird? I mean, nobody's thought this was weird.
Speaker 5: But you always go over to your adult neighbor's house and.
Speaker 3: Play video games in the in the basement. And what's with the grounds keeps always being weirdos? They're they're always.
Speaker 5: Creepy groundskeeper Willie.
Speaker 4: If you're a damn groundskeep, dude, give it up.
Speaker 5: Well, remember when he first goes in ritual magic symbols.
Speaker 3: No, this is the second time. He brings him in and he says, I want to take you to the next level, and then he yeah. Then he feeds into him all of the ritual magic and shout out to Isaac Illuminati Watcher, heat will be he and I'll be chatting tomorrow night about a series he did. It was really cool. But Isaac also covered lownmore Man and his analysis was fun. And by the way, we didn't steal. I didn't steal. We didn't steal the simple jack joke. We thought of it also in concert with you, Isaac, we love you.
Speaker 5: It's super obvious.
Speaker 3: Is I think that the Ben Steeler movie had to be pulling from this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Probably? Oh and also there's alchemy symbols, right.
Speaker 3: So he uploads ritual magic into Jeff Ahey's head anyway, and this turns him not just so he has a stage where he's a genius player. He's like, turns into this genius player, but he actually looks like a gay version of Javier Bardow. He looks really weird.
Speaker 4: But then he.
Speaker 3: Goes from macin on the neighborhood mills to an insane god god man like he thinks he's got god power. He starts developing god power, yes, psychic power, yes, you know, can make stuff fly around, And it's just it turns into total idiots.
Speaker 5: So the more time you spend in virtuality, the more cool powers you have.
Speaker 3: And he just keeps downloading more information into his head and he's evolving, evolving, evolving to become.
Speaker 4: The new God.
Speaker 3: And then he faces off against the Crucifix in the virtual world, and he's like trying to defeat Jesus in the virtual world. It is just I don't know what drug Steve King was.
Speaker 5: On hedgerom inside that vre it was.
Speaker 3: I mean, it was really really this is a really, really stupid movie. It's only good because it's freaking hilarious. But it does show that that that Silicon Valley and the Militransditional Complex Deep State are totally the same, and the Militrandis complex is behind the Silicon Valley companies private companies, quote unquote, and that this is being put out for everyone's social engineering they call the puppet masters in the movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, did they mention neotropics in there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they mentioned neotropic drugs like limitless pills, which I just thought was an odd reference.
Speaker 4: But I'll give them one point.
Speaker 3: For lost, forgotten, archaic eighties terminology that is no longer used or heard. Dutical.
Speaker 5: I never heard that before.
Speaker 4: We always enjoy the slang that never made it.
Speaker 5: Trying to make dutical happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dutical never happened. And then I got a kick out of taking dope. It's a great boomer phrase for the drug.
Speaker 5: They have a saturn cube for a logo.
Speaker 3: I think they did. They had some kind of weird cube logo for the company that was like a box and it was very Saturnalian. But I mean this has the same gnostic themes, right of like over Coming to demi Urge. You know, he goes into the virtual world and he wants to become God. The whole point is apotheosis, The whole point is transhumanism.
Speaker 5: He wants to upload himself and merge with it.
Speaker 3: Well, he wants out of the complex's motherboard. He's stuck in the computer motherboard at the Military Inditional Complex, Silicon Valley companies. He's at Facebook or whatever. He wants out of that. Uh, and he's fighting Pierce Brosnan and the kid. That whole scene is hilarious and then, uh, you know, spoiler alert, I wonder if he got out and then all every phone in the world rings in the last sequence. Oh yeah, he's so he got out to do what to call everybody?
Speaker 4: Harassed?
Speaker 3: Everybody like these damn robocollars. But basically he just turned into like the robocolor that called you Jenny Dunn's you have.
Speaker 5: Do you want to hear that story? You have to listen to boiler Rooms.
Speaker 3: You must replace the Lacheng Corleston within four hours or are we going to put you in dinner? You have been working, would have been in London? Where are we at? Existence?
Speaker 5: This one? I can't read yours?
Speaker 3: Yes you can, I'll help you read it.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's your job, sleep reader.
Speaker 3: Welcome everybody. We got three hundred nerds. You're watching Jay's analysis. We're doing next up. David Cronenberg My new sort of favorite director, Existence.
Speaker 5: Existence, Existence, This one.
Speaker 4: Jude Law and uh, what's your face?
Speaker 3: Jennifer Jason Leeke.
Speaker 5: This one creeps me out.
Speaker 3: It's a creepy movie. It's good.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: Like all David Cronenberg movies, they're unsettling. And the first time I watched it, I was unsettled, but I was still into it. The second time I watched it, I liked it even more. I'm glad we watched it. I do recommend existing by right back to how many overalls do you give lawnmar.
Speaker 5: Man eight and a half?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just on the basis of whether the movie is good or not. Yeah, uh yeah, I'll give it three and a half overalls. What do you do with a half overall? It's beautiful, like you hang it off, like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when they used to do that one.
Speaker 3: You'll see Chasing Waterfalls b.
Speaker 2: That was the.
Speaker 5: Biggest song of nineteen ninety five. Where you at slave units in existence? What does that mean?
Speaker 3: So the film begins with this weird meeting of people at a former church. It's an old church and this crew of people is there to try out I think they call it Slave Units, and it's a new video game that's being developed, and it's like this weird almost looks like human organs that you squish on and stick into you.
Speaker 4: To jack into the matrix, stick it in with.
Speaker 5: Like an umbilical cord thing.
Speaker 3: It looks like an ambilical cord and also has sexual ish connotation. It looks like yeah, yeah, and uh, I think they're called somebody. Something's called slavey in the thing that you have is called your slavey unit. So you in the in this dystopian future, everyone carries around their virtual world bodily organ with them. So Cronenberg, I guess, thought it would be interesting to merge the worlds of technology and biology into you know, as if this thing was like an organ probably like where we're going with these phones and whatnot, Right, they'll be like organs. So it's a video game summit corporations. They're testing out this game that's been developed, and they they liken it to a virtual religious experience. So already Kronenberg is all right, and there's there's no doubt about this that the film has this gnostic connotation to it. Right, this world is the real virtual world. The architect of the virtual world is the crazy psycho. And can you beat the video game? Like this life is the video game? Right, God, the creator, God is the boss of the video game. Basically alone with games, I don't everybody's just alone, I guess, is what we're saying. The other thing that's funny about this that doesn't make sense is that the whole maybe this was a clue to tell you that this is once again shocker, surprise or alert. You're not really in the real world, You're in the matrix.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's always that, which reality is real? Element?
Speaker 3: Julu is his name is Ted Pickle. Then he say his name is Ted Pickle. P I k I thought that was funny. I don't know, but no Pickle p.
Speaker 5: I k u l uher the demonste Goddess. So she's the Sophia or is she the DeMier?
Speaker 3: They call her the demon as the goddess because she is supposedly behind she's the badassest game creator. Remember the Jennifer Jason Leeue character is the most the awesomest game designer in the future. And so there is an attack on the testing display what do you call it where you're testing.
Speaker 5: Out a yeah, anyway, But the funny thing about.
Speaker 3: It the attack though, and he runs away with her Jude.
Speaker 5: Laws all right. The funny thing about that was the meeting have like boomers in it, Like that was what I was going to say.
Speaker 4: One of these boomers are going to be playing.
Speaker 5: This game interested in the game.
Speaker 3: Like that should have been a clue. Ah. So they do identify Allegra as the goddess, the Demon, the demon s and so some guy comes in and death to the demon s Olegre Geller, and he tries to kill her and she runs off of Jude Law. And then so Jude Law is, you know, now on his adventure with her. What does this say?
Speaker 5: Games, bullet tooth, bone gun.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that. Yeah, sometimes I can never remind note. Uh, yeah, there's some weird stuff with bodily parts and fluids and goo and mush and all that. That's always going on, I guess in David Cronenberg movies. But uh, the.
Speaker 4: Bone gun actually comes up later.
Speaker 3: That's another that's one of the keys to let you know when you're not and when you are in it aren't in the matrix?
Speaker 5: Okay, but what is this called totems?
Speaker 3: Yeah, like an inception. Yeah, in this dystopian future, it's just like like in thirteenth Floor, you can go into other matrixes in the matrix. So when you go in, you can then go into a store where you buy other games inside the game. So then you get lost into in the sense of what was real reality. Hence why At a philosophical level, I think David Cronenberg is asking us an existential less question existence, what is existence?
Speaker 4: What is actually real?
Speaker 3: And if these virtual realities do come to be indistinguishable and we go into them or whatever, how will we even know what is real? And will we even forget to come back to the one that is real. I mean, I don't think that's really going to happen. But that was that's the question he's raising.
Speaker 5: That was Jude Law's worry. His character was always worried, like how do I know what?
Speaker 3: Yes, he keeps asking her, yeah, and she doesn't really answer him. She doesn't really give a clear answers to win. How he'll know my.
Speaker 5: Body be okay if I go into the VR.
Speaker 3: So this world, this reality is the lowest level of reality. The there is a great architect God that we think is well, actually we we do know that it's Allegra. She is the the real uh savior here Gmo bug, there's something new with genetically modified.
Speaker 5: In the VR world. There's weird insects and so that's.
Speaker 3: Oh, they've genetically modified these weird beings. Yeah, and that's a clue that you're not in the real world because it's like a bug with like five heads and you know no physical what only that remone notes scheme. I don't know, that just makes sense. We'll go whatever, living biocomputers. Oh, it's presenting humans as if they're living biocomputers. And then amphibian eggs. There was something crazy to do with fish. Oh, that's right. The way that they create these computers is through fish eggs, and they modify, genetically modify seafood and fish to be storage units for computers. Remember that.
Speaker 4: And you are the body.
Speaker 3: So this is actually something that they're rolling out nowadays, which is that the human body and its energy itself will actually power the slave devices that track and trace you. Claus talks about that, but that's been mentioned by the techoleee for a long time. The trout farm, don't they mention the GMO trout and that they couldn't tell the difference between the real trout and the fake trout. This is all going on at a Chinese gut factory.
Speaker 5: A restaurant to remember.
Speaker 3: Well, the restaurant is the front for the gut factory, and they're genetically modifying the eggs at this factory for to make the video game.
Speaker 4: Yes, so there is this.
Speaker 3: David Cronenberg I likes to utilize the macabre, the absurd, the Grotesque, as it's called in literature. If you read Flannery O'Connor The Grotesque, it is a metaphysical movie. Not a lot of movies are bound up with metaphysical questions. And so, even though obviously I don't agree with David Kroneberg's I'm sure he's a gnostic, but he does at least ask metaphysical questions in movies, which is pretty rare. So even though he's probably denying that there is a real world, I'll give him points before I'll give him a four Jude Law teeth and three fish guns because he's he's asking interesting questions. What does that say energies of reality can't agree? I got to write better notes man. Anyway, So, as you can imagine spoiler alert, the real world was not the real world. It was all layers of matrix. But they eventually do get out of the matrix, and Jude Law is there too. Doesn't he shoot Allegra at the end? Yeah? Right, yes, Jude Law is the assassin. He shoots Allegra. Yeah, because the idea is that she is the demon goddess who designed this matrix?
Speaker 5: Right, sorry?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: And Jude Law questions this this game. Well, actually doesn't he shoot two other people? He doesn't shoot her?
Speaker 5: Is?
Speaker 3: I can't remember, I'll forgotten it. I forgot how the movie ends, and I can't read my note what it says hit by a car? Oh, that's one of the games you can play, get hit by a car. That's some fun anyway. Existence is a great movie.
Speaker 5: I give it, and the only hook up in the virtual world, not the real world.
Speaker 4: You don't remember how it ends?
Speaker 3: Chat? How does it end? I'm sorry, I'm getting I'm getting tired in my mind as all mush. I did a lot of exercise today, so I don't know what. I can't hardly talk.
Speaker 5: We got two more?
Speaker 3: Can we make it through two more? If you guys want to support me, yeah, I feel free. We got a few super chats. I'll read a couple of super chats John for three dollars. It would be good. Would God be cool with me let letting someone use my Amazon Flex account to make deliveries and get paid for the use of my account. I don't I'm not an ethical consultant. I'm not gonna go. But I don't think that's a big deal. I don't know, but Finn fine topic yeah, go ask or the duxburies. That's not my job. Would you say nacissism is a form of goddess worship because of the Sofia thing. Yes, it has elements of polytheism. Yeah, and so absolutely, the goddess definitely plays a huge role in the Gnostic mythos and in all the different systems. Troi la Mexicano for five dollars. All the Mexicans are considered extinct in futuristic sci fi movies.
Speaker 5: It's a movie explaining why we aren't around anything.
Speaker 3: He says. Lol. Yeah, I've never really, I've never thought about that question.
Speaker 5: It was remember that movie Read Dawn with the high school kids. Of course it was Mexico and Russia and China invading.
Speaker 3: Well and no, it's they invaded through Mexico and it was like communists from El Salvador's Mexican.
Speaker 5: Oh okay, but.
Speaker 3: Man, that's a great question. I've never even thought about it. Isn't Antonio, Oh he doesn't count because he's from Spain. There's some there's some futuristic movie with Antonio Banderas.
Speaker 4: Sorry, dude, that's the closest you got, is.
Speaker 3: Like Antonio Banderas because he's in some b B sci.
Speaker 5: Fi movie, So maybe more Mexican authors should write sci fi.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there you go, Joelo, right, rite your sci fi thing where.
Speaker 3: All the honkys are going and you know it's like.
Speaker 6: Machette cheech and chong and then that's it and you and then you guys have to yeah, yeah, you guys have to repopulate the earth with the four uh uh what are they called?
Speaker 3: The Latina girl? The laws Cholette's.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, where's Penelope Cruise from?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna get more coffee from Mexico. She's Spanish? Got how does she say?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 3: Comes my mind?
Speaker 5: Is mush keep talking to the People's all right, we're gonna do Vanilla Sky and all these are your notes, I can't read them. Let's see scientology. So this probably has an element of the l Ron Hubbard in it. Remake of a foreign film. Oh yeah, so it was a was it a Mexican film or a Spanish film? But Penelope Cruise was in both Vanilla Skuys. There's the Dakota building that is famous. It uses that building that you can see that in Roseberry's Baby, and that's the building where John Lennon was shot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, ju.
Speaker 5: Was the other Vanilla Sky Mexican.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a Spanish film.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was in Spanish. I'm not sure who's I don't think it's.
Speaker 3: A Mexican film. And Penelope Cruise not for Mexico. Uh yeah, I want to do this this pretty soon.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 3: This is the classic you know what happened with AMR David Chapman and all that stuff. That'll be a fun one to do. But the Dakota Building is relevant for this because she said it's got all these historic connections. So and I even watched the DVD commentary and they said they intentionally chose the Dakoda Building for all those weird past events. And then you even see in the opening sequence the camera flies in like a demon, almost, which I think, doesn't it do that in Rosemary's Baby? I can't remember. Coffee's weak, Dudes, doesn't even do anything. It's like coffee pissed and I'm drinking the piss of the coffee. So it's not doing anything. It's two weak.
Speaker 4: It is a remake of the Foreign film.
Speaker 3: I know that. I know that everybody's always the foreign field. Well, nobody watches Foreign films really so, I mean, some dude, but.
Speaker 5: Uh, VR simulation right.
Speaker 3: Well, if it's in the whole series that we're doing on VR, we know it's a VR movie. So I'm assuming you've all seen the movie and you know that it's a simulation.
Speaker 4: Of course, when you first watched the movie, you're kind of WHOA.
Speaker 3: I didn't realize that, And I also wasn't sure until I went back and watched some of the DVD commentary. At what point he was in this simulation future state? And it's when he passes out in the street.
Speaker 5: Oh, Vanilla Sky is also the name of a painting.
Speaker 3: That's why when he looks up after he passes out, he looks up and sees the sky. I look like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because this is his personal.
Speaker 5: And paint is like a fantasy.
Speaker 3: It's his personal VR because he saw the painting earlier in his apartment.
Speaker 5: Yeah. It's also a Beautiles song. I yes, it is a sure?
Speaker 3: Well this does how well?
Speaker 1: Bet?
Speaker 5: Every time he was a bet he has to watch a dog movie with me, so he won't bet it's a Beatles song.
Speaker 4: This is a dog movie.
Speaker 5: Vanilla Sky Beatles.
Speaker 3: I didn't. I didn't say that it wasn't true. Uh, it's Paul McCartney, So I don't I don't know if that counts. That's not Beatles is now, it's not. Paul McCartney is not the Beatles. Dom to know. Paul McCartney is not the Beatles. The real Beatles are John Lennon.
Speaker 5: I think it is a whole Beatles song.
Speaker 3: It's Paul McCartney. Okay, so you know he had his own solo career. Anyway, where are we at? Oh? So it begins with him running and he sees the empty Times Square and then he wakes up. Uh. It's by the way, this reminded me of that movie Quiet Earth, which is a B sci fi movie that's actually really good. The guy thinks he's the last go on Earth. It's a fun movie that's like a Cern type of thing where Cern went nuts and deleted everybody somehow.
Speaker 4: Anyway, watch Quiet Earth if you've never seen it.
Speaker 3: If you're looking for a good B sci independent sci fi movie that's that's fun from the eighties. It's a I think it's New Zealand movie or Australia.
Speaker 5: Anyway, Open open, I'll tell you in another life when we are both cats.
Speaker 3: That's a good Penelope, but she says open open your eyes and.
Speaker 4: Then Tom wakes up.
Speaker 3: Uh, And so this is also like inception. Notice the similarity between the Virtual World's themes and movies and dream State movies. Naturally they're all the same. How do we know what would be the difference. So he almost wrecks his car in that opening sequence with Jason Lee if you were noticed, And that's a pre signifier foreshadowing that everything that's happening in this beginning part is kind of leading up to the central folk sigeh of the Virtual World, right, because he's gonna have the crazy car wreck with Cameron Diaz right foreshadowing.
Speaker 5: Oh and kmeron Diaz. She's such a pathetic character in this.
Speaker 3: Like total Yeah, she plays crazy bitch who turns into crazy bitch.
Speaker 5: Yeah, poor girl chasing a guy who does not care about her.
Speaker 3: And Tom Cruise is the son of some big publishing mogul who basically he runs the equivalent of Rolling Stone.
Speaker 5: No, they call him like Citizen Kane. First character, Tom.
Speaker 4: Cruise runs what's the equivalent of Rolling Stone?
Speaker 2: I know?
Speaker 5: And his board they call him the Seven Dwars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well there are mythological or fairy tale references in the movie. And that's because ultimately this is a Luciferian themed movie. In mind you, because I actually think the movie is quasi scientology related, not with all the alien bugs attached to thetans and all that stuff, but just the whole idea of you know, I mean, Tom plays a big role in the production of this movie. I do believe that scientologists believe in cryogenetic freezing, and that's what this movie is about, I think. So if I'm wrong about that, I'm sure somebody the chat can't correct.
Speaker 5: We see that Walt disneyeded that, and then nobody could prove that.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and thank you. Shout out to Father Deacon. Right Penelope Cruise that is in both versions, which is an interesting thing. She plays in the Spanish end in this one. Where are we at.
Speaker 5: Nineties?
Speaker 3: Yeah, his dad is the citizen Kane type of character. Then we see the mask. Now this is interesting because what year is this? What your is this two thousand? So this is a couple of years after Eyeswait shut and Tom and the mask. You know this is a weird thing.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, it looks like an eyes white shut mask.
Speaker 5: It does. He's wearing a kind of yeah.
Speaker 3: So I think we can surmise that there's quasi similar themes going on here with waking up. All right, this movie continually says, wake up, wake up, wake up, open your eyes, wake up now alarm clocks. Yes. On one level, that's because the whole point of the movie is that he's in a cryogenetic virtual state, he's in the matrix. But on another level, the allegory of the movie is a Luciferian wake up to this world being the creation of your own consciousness. You are ultimately your own God. That's how the movie ends with the statement you are your own God. And then the final scene is an open an eye closed and opening eyes white shut, eyes open. Where does this take place?
Speaker 4: New York? Where does the eyes? Why should I take place New York?
Speaker 5: Who's the director of this?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 5: Somebody?
Speaker 3: Is it Cameron Crow?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, what's his name?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I just looked the other day.
Speaker 2: What was it?
Speaker 3: Is this? Steven Sidberg? It is camera Crow. Don't ever challenge me. I should have bet, and then I would have to watch a dog damn dog movie. Stupid farting, barfing dog movies. Where are we at with him anyway. So Tom's got the mask, and so the story is told out of chronological order because he's we see these events and then we flash to him talking to his jail appointed psychiatrist Kurt Russell, who is his father figure archetype, right, remember that, because this is the virtual world and he constructs his father figure archetype from movies that he's watched, like To Kill a Mockingbird Gregory Peck.
Speaker 5: Isn't it one of those movies? We had a note about Carl Young's shadows self, like you, I went to the VR so that you can experience your shadows. Remember that I think was that thirteenth floor?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's in thirteenth floor. Yeah. So the mask obviously has a lot of significance. Go watch my Eyes Wide Shut full documentary, the most popular video on the channel if you want to see my whole analysis of that in the mask and that significance. Obviously, we're living in a period of masks being forced, so we know that masks have a lot of meaning and significance. But in this sense it has to do with alternative hidden personas or the person behind what.
Speaker 4: Appears to be the case.
Speaker 3: So the subconscious is the real person or the real the location of the of what where reality springs forth from our subconscious in the view of like Carl Jung And this is obviously got you know, Youngian influence. Penelope Cruise. By the way, there is they keep referring to the keys of the Kingdom, the keys of the Kingdom. Now, in one sense it's the citizen Kane father character that is absent right, so absentee father god Tom Cruise has the keys to the kingdom, the keys to the Kingdom. There also can be an esoteric significance to this.
Speaker 5: There's a what.
Speaker 3: Right, there is some reference to that. I can't recall what it is all the top of my head. But Penelope Crew, well, I mean you can have the key to opening up the altars. Right, that's the kingdom, the inner kingdom. Penelope Cruz plays a Sofia.
Speaker 4: She's the Sofia character.
Speaker 3: She's what he's missing to be complete and to complete his awakening. And her name is Sofia, right, that's on purpose.
Speaker 5: Oh, they have holographic entertainers, remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's hologram Louis Armstrong or whatever it is there, just like you'll see an eyes white shut there's masks. When he goes to the girl's apartment. Remember Tom Cruise wandering through the streets, meets some girl, goes into her apartment. That's eyes wide shot with Domino. That's here with Penelope, right, he wanders into her apartment with her. She's got masks on her fridge. Domino masks on her apartment. That's intentional. There is I think a connection between a loose association with the two movies, if for.
Speaker 4: Anything Tom Cruise.
Speaker 3: But obviously the masks play a big role in both films. But Vanilla Sky, we find out, is the painting that he owns. And he shows this off and brags about it to Penelope Cruise, right, because he's trying to win her over. She's playing a little hard to get, so he's kind of interested in her over Cameron Diaz, who's like the hot blonde and she's, you know, got all these famous friends, and she's in some kind of alt band that sucks right, like a Courtney Love type of character. And but I'll be Cruz is just this normal New York girl attending Juilliard or whatever. So he's he's attracted to that because she's foreign to his whole you know Kingdom.
Speaker 5: She's more authentic, and yeah, he can't.
Speaker 3: The Kevir Diaz gets on his nerves. I said, his mind is blown for a basic bitch because she's like the most boring, normal New York girl. She's like, I like, what is she like cats and dance? There's nothing interesting about her actually, and he's just like whoa, you know. The Kurt Russell archetype, as we said, is like the Jiminy Cricket conscience guide. He's the father figure archetype who's trying to help Tom figure out what's going on in this mental labyrinth. This one, by the way, is the most philosophically deep of the movies, except for maybe Video Drum. Video Drum's pretty pretty philosophically dense, but I think Vanov's Sky is pretty much equal to it. But Kurt Russell tells him time is not our friend, and so he's trying to get him to uh figure out what's going on before there's some sort of impending doom which Tom is blaming himself for all of his problems. He's thinking, I did this, I did this, I did this. So he's basically created his own little mental prison in the virtual world. That he's in. But what's fascinating is while he's in there doing these Kurt Russell therapy sessions, he sees that stupid dog on the TV that was cryogenically frozen. Was his name? What was his name?
Speaker 4: Benny?
Speaker 3: And they say that the dog was successfully frozen and unfrozen like dog sickle work. This is a clue. This is supposed to be a clue to Tom Cruise to telling him what happened. He's trying to remember.
Speaker 5: Remember when Benny came back and he wasn't really had no personality.
Speaker 3: So this is Tom's subconscious in this virtual realm telling him in these clues what's really going on? Remember, then we find out, oh, by the way, you're a frozen and you're dead probably sort of. And you were last alive when you were wandering around the city with the peneloty Cruise and you had that mask on. You fell over in the street. That's when you went into a coma. Isn't he in a coma? Remember? He fell into a coma and then they put him in and he had in a clause in his will or something that he would go to this elite cryogenics place, remember, and that what it is, Tom coma?
Speaker 5: I thought he was in a coma after the accident.
Speaker 3: Tomk koom cruise what Yes, that was my good the one. Uh, what do you mean? It was an accident.
Speaker 5: He was in an accident before he went into the crowd, and that's why.
Speaker 3: He chose that, I thought the last.
Speaker 5: And then he got out and he had a bad face and he had a bad date, and that's when he chose to go.
Speaker 3: Yes. Was it suicide? Oh? Yeah, And they told him that they wiped his memory of doing it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And so they're like, we'll start.
Speaker 4: You at the whatever whatever point you want to be.
Speaker 5: Starting you in and then so you don't know when he's entered the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the power up peoples of the of the corporation signified the change of power in his life. Because the whole message of this movie is that you are your own God. And when you figure out your your own God, you're no longer bound by your conscience telling you that you have a duty to sky God or your father right, because your father figure is who is your authority?
Speaker 4: That's the the sky God is your archetype.
Speaker 3: Right, you blow the Father God or whatever that you that you think you're morally bound to the whole point of this movie is that you're luciferianly free from all of these things if you will only wake up, and I'll.
Speaker 5: Pay attention to all the synchronicities that are telling you.
Speaker 3: Yes, the synchronicities of life will mystically lead you to your Luciferian awakenings. Yes, let's see. So he's on trial though for what beating her up? Right?
Speaker 4: So you don't know.
Speaker 3: If he's lost his mind, right, I mean, because we know the end of the movie, But during the course of the film, you don't know if he's lost his mind.
Speaker 4: And he keeps seeing.
Speaker 3: Penelope turned into Cameron Diaz and back and forth, and so he beats the crap out of her, right, and then he goes to jail.
Speaker 4: Tom cringe is what I called it, Tom Cringe.
Speaker 3: And then Kurt Russell is trying to help him recall his memory. This is another thing with gnostic philosophy, is the idea that you have to recall your your true primeval state. We're all trying to recall. This is the whole platonic idea of metam psychosis and transmigration of souls is to recall what it was like in our god state, when we were the one, when we were God. Right, because we've fallen into this this material world in that.
Speaker 5: System, we forgot that we were gods man.
Speaker 3: Yes, exactly, remember that you were God. Bro Let's see, I don't remember what. He gets facial reconstruction and he kind of looks sort of normal in.
Speaker 5: His fantasy never coort.
Speaker 3: And then the stupidest part of this whole movie is when he and this is actually a key to the meaning of the movie, which is that awful song what if God was of us? Just a love one of us? And this is the clue to tell you that you're in your own mental god world. Tom, We're in Tom God world. Cringe Cruise, God, God Cruise, We're in God cruise mode. Remember that awful song, pure garbage. Uh. He gets a pepto bismal mask. I don't know what that note means. It just looks like it's pink.
Speaker 4: Is this a dream?
Speaker 3: Right? Oh?
Speaker 4: That was Another clue to the fact.
Speaker 3: That he was in the virtual dream state was that the cars didn't match up to the time period. Remember that they were like if these cars and certain scenes, So if you pay attention, you would notice some of the scenes that you know that doesn't make sense. So he goes to his he meets hiss like his scientology handler dude who's creeping around following him around town. Who is the guy from the corporation the crowd genis corporation in reality sent in as a AI to tell him or whatever that he's in his dream state virtual world. They played a Bowie song and I started ground control to crazy Tom because he's going crazy. So Bowie, that's my David Bowie. Wake up Tom. Oh. And there's also perhaps an MK culture Hollywood star meltdown. Remember how sometimes Brittany m Kelter's stars have the meltdown and they go crazy or they beat up people and they don't know what's going.
Speaker 5: On any of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now I'm talking about the Tom Cruise character having an altered mental melting. He can't remember and he doesn't know what happened. Yeah, So is there an mk Ulter element to this? Maybe perhaps?
Speaker 4: And then the movie goes into the whole syllipsism.
Speaker 3: Reality It is your mind, bro. Uh. The dream state blends with reality, so we have surrealism ewat shut. Obviously we know from trom Novello. The actual story is a surrealist story. Kubrick says, iway shut is full of surrealism, and then Kurt Russell says, you hold the keys to this prison. That's another indicator that the movie is really that Tom has erected his own prison and he's got to just choose to see himself out of this through the Luciferian keys to the Kingdom. Then he sees the redheaded woman who is the you'll see her actually on posters in the movie. So there's multiple sequences where this is this redheaded woman on this poster, and the reason Tom has placed her in his experience is because she's the woman who works at the cryogenics lab. All the cryogenics people virtual world people in the real world are showing up in different places in his virtual world. You see, these are just clues. This is just like Inception. There's two different ones. Tilda Swinton is in it, but the receptionist girl who doesn't look like a crazy witch. It just looks like a normal girl.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: He keeps seeing her Hollywood mind control. I don't know what that means. He killed Sophia? Does he kill her?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Remember he strangled her and that's why he's in the prison with us because he killed her.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought he just beat her up, but he's he's in there from and remember the Cringe love making scene. How bad that was? Coomb Cruise down Control. It's crazy Tom.
Speaker 5: That's another thing about all these VR movies is like a bunch of Coomers. That's all they do is like.
Speaker 3: Get in the VR and well that's what everybody thinks of virtual reality. Oh what can I put my peep in?
Speaker 5: That's what's coming next.
Speaker 3: Gone Control to Major kom And the reason that this movie has the sixties soundtrack is because he works as the head of Rolling Stone or whatever it is supposed to. You didn't get that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Cameron Crow always classics.
Speaker 2: In his.
Speaker 3: Uh. I had another joke something about Tom cringe and I forgot what it was. Oh. I can only do the Tom.
Speaker 4: That's all I can with Tom. That's the only time Cruise something.
Speaker 5: Crazy about his teeth, like they're not centered.
Speaker 3: He has rebel teeth.
Speaker 1: He had.
Speaker 5: His whole upper teeth are rebels, all of them.
Speaker 4: You've got a Luciferian.
Speaker 3: Rebellion going on amongst teeth, amongst his molars. Left hand path molars. Uh, where are we at? The subconscious is all powerful? Kurt Russell tells him that's changed that Kurt is his guardian angel character, his father archetype. Oh the the there's an interesting clue. One of the neat parts of the movie is all the clues. Right, So if you're paying attention to the clues, you you probably have to watch this movie extra couple of times through or you wouldn't notice this stuff. But there's a guy who's the guy who has the dog that went into the crowdgenis state on the TV and the guy's wearing a T shirt and it says something and then L I E stands out, So it's telling you that the it's a lie.
Speaker 4: The reality that he's in is a lot right.
Speaker 5: Oh is that the life?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: And then the life extension but their acronym is l I E lie.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then there was something to do with seventy two and Kabala. What was that? I don't remember. There was something that seventy two comes up, but that's an important number and Kabbalism, there are seventy two names of God and Kabala, right, But seventy two was in the film for some reason. Prominently, there was something to do with DNA and life extension. I don't remember this, but they what.
Speaker 5: This is like that TV show that I watched without you. I don't know what that is, the one about upload yourself into the cloud, the cloud before you die.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen that. I don't know. He chooses this is the other reason we know this is a Luciferian themed movie is he chooses the Lucid Dream option package for when he goes to the cryogenic company and they're like, okay, well, when we freeze you, you can either just be there waiting until in the future we can save your life, or you can enter into the cryptotainment excuse me, cry attainment option, which is where you get to live in your own universe. You could you get to be Tom God. And then a song plays, I have a universe inside of me, and that's another key clue to what's going on here. So he chooses that option. He chose to have his memory wiped, which is option because in the MK Ultra programs they have discussed wiping people's minds. They discussed people with trauma. Soldiers with trauma have undergone testing to have their memories wiped. All this stuff is real, and eternal sunshine is spole is money. They do refer to resurrection, and but here resurrection means you stay in the cryotainment state until in the future we figure out how to prolonged life and give you transhumanist immortality. So that's why we find out. That's what's going on. And the final sequence is that, bro, this is a revolution, a revolution of the mind. It's the final frontier, which is there's a quote they say, everybody used to laugh at Jules Verne, but now we have a revolution of the mind. Right, So it ends with I'm taking up good vibrations. Right. So the Beach Boys, we all know, the Beach Boys is all directly tied into the MK culture of Manson mind controls, sixties counterculture, Crowley stuff.
Speaker 4: And guess who else is tied.
Speaker 3: Into the sixties counter culture Manson, Crowley stuff, l Ron Hubbard. Where does Tom go to church? Where does Tom go to church? Yes, so hence the counter culture. This will be relevant for tomorrow's show with Isaac. You guys will want to hear this where we cover Marjorie Cameron. What do they call it? The Oasis Project. Yeah, So basically, the life extension company has gone out of business because it's like five hundred years in the future, I don't know, something like that. But now it's some other company that owns it. And you are your own God. If you want to stay in this world, your mind is God, and everything in your world is your creation. You just live in your own memory dream state basically. And so we figure out that he is actually the architect of his own world. And this architect needed its Sophia principle in the alchemical stuff, right, that's always the case. But did he did? He say wanted to wake up? And at the point, like they said, he.
Speaker 5: Was like, that's why everything was going wrong because to wake up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And but Tom had chosen the option that to wake up, he had to face his fear, which was to jump off the building. Yes, that was the key to time to wake up. So and he chooses to jump, does he wake up? Yeah, that's the last sequence of his eye opening. Yeah. Okay. Oh. What was interesting is that he had to rid himself of the father archetype.
Speaker 5: Oh, because his dad was the mogul or the Kurt Rustle you need. Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: So in other words, in order to become your own God. You're gonna have to rid yourself of thinking that you need the god, the father archetype you see you are.
Speaker 5: Because he's just a projection of your imagination exactly.
Speaker 3: And yeah, then Tom says, I want to live a real life.
Speaker 4: I don't want to be in the matrix.
Speaker 3: So he had previously been a Tom Sickle, he had been Coom Cruise, he had been Tom kOhm And now he's illuminate Cohon Fern and his eye opens up. And that's the last sequence. That is another guy, last one.
Speaker 4: Can we do it?
Speaker 3: By the way, we got a couple of super chats, we got some generous people. Finally throwing in that fat cash our buddy, Dick Rawl says, for three dollars, do you have a po so you can start playing that, Bro, I ain't gonna say that on its channel. Come on now, come on now, Dicky Rawl fawns for five dollars. Now, no, homie, they're not getting rid of me that easily. Don't worry, bro, don't worry, Bro. Janey Sophia interesting name, twenty five fat ones. I'm a longtime listener. Your lectures led me to orthodoxy. Well, God bless you. That's great. That's what we want to hear tonight. We're just clowning around though with our classic esoteric Hollywood style Tall City ten bucks. Thank you both, God bless. Do you have any thoughts on Michael Heiser or doing Unseen Realm. I've only read his Divine Council stuff, so I don't know about the actual book. I read the papers long ago before he had published the books, so I think his work's good. I have any problem with what I've read?
Speaker 4: Maybe down the road, Yeah, we can do that.
Speaker 3: Okay, two and eighty thirds still still here.
Speaker 4: Thank you for those super chats.
Speaker 3: Everybody. Everybody like my Tom kun jokes. Come on now, that was yeah, that's good. Oh you can't read this, so you won't read the ones that are These aren't that bad.
Speaker 5: I can't read.
Speaker 3: This is probably like down control to ma to koom. It's crazy, Tom crazy. That's that's funny, dude.
Speaker 5: I don't know what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: David Bowie, Tom Cruise. I'm happy because Tom Cruise goes crazy in this movie, acts like he doesn't reach he doesn't reach Nick Cage level.
Speaker 4: That's not the dirty of a joke. It's funny.
Speaker 3: To call him kun Cruise with Tom Kum the way he acts in that movie. All right, Video Drome. Uh, After Scanners and reviewing Video Drome, I am much more impressed with David Cronenberg. I'm a new David Cronenberg fan. I mean, I always liked kind of some of those movies, but uh, there's quite a bit of revelatory stuff in the Scanners, and I like existence the second time through. And this is about my fourth time seeing Video Drome, and every time I watch Video Drome, I noticed new things. And once I noticed the MK Ultra Assassin stuff in Video Drone, which I never noticed before. Now I really like David Croneberg.
Speaker 4: I think it's pretty badass.
Speaker 3: He's almost like a weirder gooier John Carpenter.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I like Peter Jackson his stuff have you seen not? But his other stuff is pretty weird andoy like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But there's just like a certain feel to the David Croneberg movies. They all have it. It's kind of like David unless shes got his own style. Yeah, you know, John Carpenter has his own style. Anyway. So we see at the beginning a sleek James Woods working at a sleazy TV channel called Civic TV. It's a small cable access type of channel, and they're trying to h it's the station that you take to bed with you. In other words, they play degenerate, right at the end edge of what the communications decency people allow.
Speaker 5: Remember usay up all Night, It's kind of like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, James Woods is basically playing like the director of USA Up all Night or the station manager type of guy. So what we see him originally doing is trying to broker a deal with some weird Japanese guys who have created some softcore erotic type of movie that's he watches, says, this is too soft.
Speaker 4: It's no good. Nobody's gonna like this.
Speaker 3: So James Woods has it in his head that he wants to push the limits. He's like, we need to. We got to, you know, go all in here and really push the limits. And if we put out some really degenerate, gross, weird stuff, we'll really get new viewers. Right, That's what people are craving is something new and degenerating, weird. So as he's on this, he's talking to his satellite nerd guy up in the station thing with whatever, all the tech stuff. This tech dude. Nerd picks up this station, which appears to be a Malaysian s n uff thing. Doesn't really show this, so don't don't worry about it. I mean, it's it's probably a rated R movie, but that's what the movie is implying. It's something akin to eight millimeter type of a thing. Max is agame. Max Wren is the James Woods character, and so he's immediately entranced. He's like, Oh, there we go. That's what we want. We want something edgy like this Malaysian torture movie.
Speaker 2: Here.
Speaker 4: He says, let's put this on.
Speaker 3: It'll be violence galore, it'll be the next big thing. How is it connected to pressor Professor Oblivion? There's something to do with Professor Oblivion. I forget how that's the.
Speaker 5: Guy who's only on VHS's.
Speaker 3: I know that, but I know that, But how does he connect to the station? I can't remember.
Speaker 5: Isn't that where they're getting the the feed.
Speaker 3: I don't think the feed's coming from He says that maybe it is. Anyway, we'll set that aside for a minute, but we have an interesting phrase. The TV is the retina of the mind's eye. That's an interesting there's a.
Speaker 5: Lot of one liners in here that are kind of meaningful.
Speaker 3: So I think he does track down some association between this weird signal that's being sent out and this Professor Oblivion, like oh dash, like he's Iris or something, right, Uh. And then he goes to meet with Professor Oblivion and he lives atop a homeless shelter. He's got this weird palatial condo over this homeless shelter, and all the homeless people have TVs. There's cubicles with TVs, and we find out he's experimenting on all the homeless people.
Speaker 5: That's their therapy. He thinks they don't fit into society because they haven't had.
Speaker 3: So they have to be socialized through TV to heal them. So but Professor Oblivion supposedly says TV can save society, and so James Woods like, all right, well I got to meet this guy. This sounds crazy. So he goes and he can't meet with him because he's only on TV on TV, so he's meta TV. You remember that part, Oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because he goes on that talk show.
Speaker 3: But when he goes on the talk show, they'd have to wheel out a TV to be his character on the talk show.
Speaker 4: So there's meta level.
Speaker 3: Metaphysics questions that, as we saw in the Existence, David Cronenberg is asking this kind.
Speaker 5: Of question, right, all of these have a kind of inceptional Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: He talks about the cathode ray tube, but we know that that has a golden dawn esoteric origin, right, the Crooks Tube. Max says, I want a movie that I want show or a streaming network that's no plot, just moaning, and by that he means torture and murder. So he meets up with a chick who becomes his new girlfriend, Debbie Harry Blondie. And by the way, if you didn't notice, Blondie was hanging out with I think Marina Abramovich, which is interesting. Well, it turns out Debbie Harry, who's the supposedly the moral psychiatric character, she's a psychologist or something like that. So she turns out to really enjoy the bead creepy bonded stuff, right, So she likes this kind of stuff. The more that James Woods is watching this kind of stuff to try to find these creepy TV shows, the more he's into it. Just like the Nick Cage character in eight millimenter, right. So it's almost like the Debbie Harry. She's leading him down into more and more of this degeneracy and she's like, ooh, let's make out and do this, this, this right. And then it's even to the point where they're like drinking blood right or tasting it. I should say this is the idea of the theater of brutality, that the toxic media would have the power and the ability to brutalize the public. The degradation of the flesh. That's the whole point of this movie. So there's a gnostic component, which is the hatred of the flesh which underlies this movie. Now what's interesting is that James Woods keeps insisting that the there's a race to the degeneracy and it calls to mind like the old Faces of Death Mondo video type stuff. Here, let's see I covered this part. Oh, when we're in so when he's by the way, when he's in Professor Oblivion's office, it's all religious iconography. There's icons. I think there's an icon there's a Shiva the Destroyer there. So he represents like the far off father figure. They call him the father God. He's Father Oblivion and he runs this weird mission right, which is this mind control place. He says, the difference between you and video Drome is that videodrome has a philosophy. This is what he tells Max Wren, the Oblivion character who we don't we never see Oblivion.
Speaker 4: And James Woods is he's obsessed with this by now.
Speaker 3: He says, look, I gotta get access to this signal, to the show, to the station.
Speaker 4: He says, I can't figure it out.
Speaker 3: What do you mean it has a philosophy, And he says that the philosophy of video Drome is that TV becomes reality. The more Max stays in video Drome, meaning his obsession with it, watching it, watching it over and over and over and getting access to these tapes, the more it starts to rewire his brain and he starts seeing things. It actually changes his perception of reality. So this is all an allegory for mass media, for TV. I mean, David Cronenberg is correct in this. He's telling us correctly. What's actually going on, and what starts to happen is that the VHS and the TV world starts to come alive. And there's even a statement made at one point that TV is there. I think it's the Deep Stay guys. You remember when the guys from the secret government show up and they're like, the battle for the mind of North America is being fought in the television, in the video drum. Yeah, so TV is intended to become reality in the simulacrum. Your reality is half simulation. And this is what Oblivion eventually tells Max Renn. He says, the vision that you're watching, the frequencies and the screens, he says, they're causing tumors in your head. Then he says, the tumor is alive. The tumor is video drum, and it's a virus in your mind.
Speaker 5: It's just like Joint and Monica that the technology is making them ill.
Speaker 4: And then this is when it gets really crazy.
Speaker 3: The Deep State men in black operator operas operators who come to Max wren They say, guess what, Max, your video drum's first victim. We chose you to be the scientific mind control experiment to see what we could do with programming you through the video drum. He says, all of it. Your tech nerd guy. He works for us, basically, the NSA, And he says, not only that, we're going to program you to see what we can and can't do with this, and surprise, shocker, they program him to be an MK ultra assassin, a killer. He says, I Max Wrenn, the James Wood character, says he finally realizes what's going on. He says, I was video drums first victim. No, no, no, I'm sorry, Professor Oblivion, I'm sorry who says I'm a video drones first victim? Because he ends up dead and you find out there is no Professor Oblivion. There's just tapes of this guy. The virtual world starts becoming real. It starts seeping into the mind of James Woods. The point of all this is that the mind itself, that the TV is a mind virus. It's all about signals, warfare, signals research, signals intelligence. The signals caused the brain tumor and the hallucinations. Doctor Oblivion is the first v logger, which is interesting. He is. We find out he's the co creator of video Drone. But the reason he's dead is because he thought that television could be a thing that could educate people. But the deep state, the military industrial complex, grabbed up all of the technology and weaponized it to create a tumor giving toxic system, and the tumor is a new organ that's developing. Remember the weird organs in existence, right, Cronenberg has a thing for organs. What does that say? Something doses of signal greater and greater doses of the signal will create the tumors in the mind of the public. And then through the signal that's sent out, I think they live. Remember the signal that's being sent out, they can alter everyone's perception. So the purpose of the gun and him putting the gun in his stomach and all this polling it out, this is because he's being programmed for a cathode ray mission, right, So that the cathode ray mission is where he goes to meet Professor Obliving where they're experimenting on the hoboes. But he's also being pro for a cathode a mission, meaning that yes, to go do a mass bang bang event. So that's the crazy part of this is that he is told that he has to by the deep state people through the signals, he has to go and shoot up do a bang bang at his TV station. And then crazy part we find out that the cover front company behind all this is called Spectacular Optical and they are a lens development company that also creates lenses for the Deep Stay and missile guidance services for NATO. So it's a defense contractor company that makes refracted lenses that's engaged in psychological warfare to test to see if TV screens and lenses can send a signal to program the public. And it just so happens that James Woods is the test subject for the assassination program, so he becomes a mind controlled assassin. It took me like four times to watching this movie to figure that out because it's a really weird surrealist movie. But once I like now, it's like, oh, that's totally what this mean. That's why they mentioned him working for the for the ferd Nado.
Speaker 5: Just like all the other ones in this batch is like confabulation of reality.
Speaker 3: And but they make it very clear that he is sent on a assassination program mission because eventually the girl says she she has the key key phrase. What does she say? She says, you are the weapon you've aceived received your killer programming m hm. And so he's just a patsy. He's just a patsy for this test. Anyway, let me I don't want to get ahead of myself because this is this is crazy. He dissociates. Uh, he kills an old woman I think at some point, but he's starting to not be able to realize what's real. He doesn't even know if he has a body, so he's he's got alters. He's dissociating.
Speaker 5: He becomes one with his weapon.
Speaker 3: Weapon, because he is a weapon. Now he's a weapon. The guy that he the nerd at his the nerdy tech guy, turns out to be an NSA deep state guy. He's a plant that was put there by the Milter Indotional Complex company, he says. He tells James Woods, he says, the whole point of this was to expose you to the signal to videodrome, to get you involved. And he's like, would you James Woods, so you've never seen it, He's like, why would I watch any of that stuff? He's like, it's degenerate, it just destroys you. So the deep state people don't watch it. Then they put a virtual reality apparatus on James Woods and he has to sit there and get programmed to another even greater level by this VR apparatus. And this is what programs him to go do the assassination.
Speaker 5: That was weird because after he put the apparatus on, they never showed him take it off, so anything after that could have been deeper into the.
Speaker 3: That's a good point, you know, anyway. But so he is the patsy though. I think we're supposed to think that he really is doing a killing though, because he becomes a killing machine. He goes and does his assassination thing. And she says, they can play you now the girl, that woman that he saw originally, Video Drum is death, and he says, you are death. You are the program, the program programming, TV programming, you are the program. The cassette is the program.
Speaker 5: You become one with a net in the other ones, you're one with the video drum.
Speaker 3: And then we have these weird phrases where he says, I am the video cassette made flesh. I am the video word made flesh. So it's like the new God basically. Then he decides that he's had enough of this stuff and Video Drome must be destroyed. He starts chanting death, the video Drome long lived the new Flesh. So he ends up killing his nerd handler and then he goes to the conference where there's the Deep State handler guy who works at Spectacular Optical is showing off the new line of lenses for glasses. There we see a lot of all seeing eye imagery that's there on purpose, and they call it the Medici line. That's interesting, Black nobility, right, this is the time period when optics was beginning to become a science.
Speaker 5: She masks too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there's not really any masks in this movie.
Speaker 5: Except that they were any other movies.
Speaker 3: There's a giant quote of Lorenzo de Medici, the love of the eye, the soul, et cetera. Something about the Sistine Chapel comes up. Renaissance optics science is what this is referring to. We must undergo a total transformation, kill the old flesh to become the new flesh. Don't be afraid to.
Speaker 4: Let the body die.
Speaker 3: And then we see James woulds apparently die. So I my reading of this is that it's like an MK delta assassination programming. He goes to kill himself after he's done his job of assassinating, so he assassinates to him he's supposed to assassinate, and then he goes and he he's run out of the city and he's living in this little shack and he sees a TV and the TV says, it's time for you to ascend to the next phase. Go ahead and get ready of your flesh. Is this just his suicide programming as an assassin? What do you think?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I think that was my second time watching it, and the first time I didn't know a whole lot about what we're talking about.
Speaker 3: So well, it was a fun, fun bunch of how many uh what's what was the goody's grossest thing in that movie.
Speaker 5: When he opens his belly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what everybody remembers. How many.
Speaker 5: Googun?
Speaker 3: How many hand goog guns? Do you give it?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 3: All right, thank you guys, We're done. Paul City was the last one. Thank you guys for the super chats. This was a lot of fun virtual worlds. I don't think the optimism of the eighties and nineties about what the net and the virtual realm would be has actually come to play come into play. Rather, I think we're entering into the dystopia and not the the fun surfing the web phase of what everybody thought it would be. So I'm gonna say the best of these movies is probably Videodrome after that Vanilla Sky existence, and then the other ones are more comical. All right, God bless everybody, have a good night.