Speaker 1: John Murray, Are you so excited? I'm gonna be in Vegas and less than a week.
Speaker 2: I'm working on my schedule right now, and Wednesday is already a doozy.
Speaker 3: I'm not that excited excited about what march madness or you march madness.
Speaker 2: Me Andariel, Sammy p Ah people that are gonna come to town. Then we're gonna hang out at the super Book and we're gonna have all the margaritas, and you're gonna write me several comps to since Cafe Benny, Hannah and Edge.
Speaker 1: Those are the requests from the ladies.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna do any of those things. I am excited to see Sam.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa Wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute. I already made the reservation for Edge Steakhows. You're gonna make me look bad?
Speaker 3: How many people?
Speaker 1: Six?
Speaker 3: Oh? I can't do that, that's too much.
Speaker 1: Okay, well all right, fine, Well we will discussed this offline.
Speaker 2: But anyway, I definitely crack made me laugh because we're gonna go to dinner with him on Wednesday and he's like, yeah, I'm sure you need me to come buy you guys breakfast. One morning, there was like a morning where I was two years ago when we were there, where I was violently hungover. See last year, I just went for for Final four in the national Championship game, which was a lot more mellow.
Speaker 3: But I think you were I think you were only here for the title game.
Speaker 1: Actually maybe I don't know. I don't know either.
Speaker 2: But the year prior, I met up with Kelly Lee, who's mad fat teacher on X and I was just laying on the table it since, and like she's eating breakfast and I'm looking at my.
Speaker 3: Bron laying on a table.
Speaker 1: I had like just just like ever, just ever so slightly like.
Speaker 3: Hey, I was pictured like your whole body, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like I just was like, help, help, I don't feel the greatest this morning. Games are kicking off in like twenty minutes or tipping off, and I had I had like a nice taking eggs and Crack walked over, introduced himself to Kelly and was like, do you need me to buy your breakfast? And I was like no, and he goes, Okay, I got a whole bunch of points I already did.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So like maybe if he doesn't do that, then I can have you write me accomplishments so I can eat staking eggs hungover?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't wait. See, this is why you asked me if I'm excited? This all someding. It is a series of asks. Why would I be excited about a bunch of asks?
Speaker 1: What do you just want to take care of your favorite person?
Speaker 3: Did I already take care of you guys? On Saturday? You guys are going to Luke Cole's. That's at Alicia Stadium next Saturday.
Speaker 1: You got is her liver?
Speaker 3: Ready? It is her liver? I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 1: You allowed the shotgun Seltzer's with us in the suite.
Speaker 3: I think it's acceptable. Like usually the people there have a drink, they don't really go crazy, but the usually the so.
Speaker 1: She gets wheelchaired out of there would be very frowned upon.
Speaker 3: I prefer she didn't get wheelchaired out of there, but I guess she is an adult. I think they they make us sign some kind of a waiver though, before you can go in there. Yeah, because people are I think you're supposed to. Actually you should. I think you did. You probably did when you went to that soccer game.
Speaker 1: Okay, I behave that soccer game.
Speaker 3: Yeah you are actually soccer like we joke out, we joke about it. But pretty for the most part, everyone's pretty well behaved in that thing because they want to get invited back. Right, So the times when somebody hasn't been well behaved, it's simply like, okay, he can't come anymore, and so for that So for the most part, people are usually like really minding their p's and q's because that sweet is awesome and they want to go again.
Speaker 1: Right, Very good point, very very good point. I didn't think about the future, Okay, Like that's not usually like in my Oh I noticed, I've known why from the hip.
Speaker 3: You see, you know what your problem is. You fire from the hip and then you get yourself in all these beefs. You got so many beefs.
Speaker 1: First of all, do not act like I started any of that.
Speaker 3: You've got so many you know, remember that episode Always Sunny in Philadelphia when they get together for Thanksgiving dinner and they realize that they've got so many beefs all over town. They that it was becoming like exhausting for them, so they had to settle. That's you. You've got to settle some of your beefs you.
Speaker 2: Gotta be I got a ridiculous text message like twenty minutes ago, like, who are you already have your numbers saved? I just scroll all the way back to figure out who it was. Then I saved it so I could screenshot it to you and be like, why is this person texting me this asinine shit that I don't care about?
Speaker 3: Was it a beef? No?
Speaker 2: But he If I would have responded, it would have been a beef because I would have told him to mind his own fucking business. But that I just didn't respond, which is probably what I should have done yesterday. Should have just not responded. But I was sitting at the hair salon.
Speaker 1: You know, I gotta get a new hair. Look, look, look, look, you gotta get new hair for Vegas.
Speaker 2: So I had to get a little touched up, get in the hair salon and like my hair Solace is in the other chair with the other girl, and I just got all these boils on my head and I got nothing to do.
Speaker 3: Right, So you created internet beefs No?
Speaker 2: And then I get this text from Ryan, and Ryan's like what do these guys have against you?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, I don't know there are a bunch of losers to another group where someone was like over half a woman they've ever seen naked, And I'm like, that's a great tweet, great tweet. I like that. And I just said, does anybody oppose? And then nobody talked about the ledge, and I just.
Speaker 3: Hit, well, I was, I was playing golf with the boys yesterday. I didn't really have time to oppose, you know. I just I feel like you got too many, just a lot of irons in the fire, and they're all like some quall almost some person, you know, like, what's the matter with you?
Speaker 1: I'm the common denominator.
Speaker 3: So what happens when what happens when you like run into these people, like when you go out to these like gambling people things, Well I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't go to events the beta male hangout at typically. But like I'm gonna go ahead and say that, for example, when I'm at the Westgate super Book next week, that if any one of these guys happened to be there, they probably wouldn't have the guts to speak to me or to say any of the things that they have the balls to say on the internet to my face, because no one ever has Actually, you know what, I'm gonna go ahead and say, g rp Wins, that fucking loser guy.
Speaker 1: He the only guy who's ever had the balls to at least come up to me in public, and I'll be and I told him to get the fuck away from me soon as.
Speaker 3: Why did you call him? Why'd you call him a loser?
Speaker 1: So he's been talking about me ever since. That was only twenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: What did he say about you?
Speaker 2: He was just going on and on and on about me on the internet. Is when I worked at at Bleacher Report.
Speaker 1: So aren't we have a stage at Caesar's Palace And I was up on stage during rehearsal and he like walks up and I look at him and I probably should have known who it was, but I didn't, And I was like hi, and he was like, Hey, I'm George grp Wins. I go get the fuck away from me like that, because that's gonna be my natural reactions harassing me on the internet. And then I hadn't picked out of Caesars because go away. You don't get to be mean to people on the internet and then think I'm going to be nice to your face. I'm not a nice girl, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know about that. I think you actually are nice. I think a lot of this internet stuff is just is a front.
Speaker 1: Is a front.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait for I treat other people the way they treat other people that that same group of losers on their fucking Circle Jerk podcast. They they all they they're like TMZ for sports gambling Twitter.
Speaker 1: What men? What grown men sit around and talk about other people. Here's a lot of people we can talk about this podcast.
Speaker 3: Actually, you know what, when when I was playing golf yesterday with the guys, we made fun of one of our other friends who wasn't there, but it was Andy. That doesn't count, you know.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about people that you don't know that are on the internet, right. There are plenty of people that are in the gambling Twitter universe, and I'm like, well, that guy's a weirdo. But I'm not gonna come here on this podcast and speak ill about.
Speaker 1: Somebody like that.
Speaker 2: Like, there's plenty of women in the industry that I'm kind of like, Eh, maybe I shouldn't have worked so hard, Maybe we need to take a few steps back, but like, I don't care. There's I just don't care. Like one of the guys was like, who is you know? Like her silence, I'm like, you think I listened to the clip. No, I didn't listen to the clip. I just retweeted it. And then somebody else is like said something else and I was like, dude, I don't know who either one of you are. I know one of the guys on the podcast from the Odd Shark days, like fifteen years ago we would do like the Odd Shark event and he was nothing but nice to me. And now here I am, fifteen years later, magically some bad guy because my buddy Art says, hey, cal, here's some of the sharp shit that we saw come across our counter today.
Speaker 1: If you would like to share it on any of your shows.
Speaker 3: Well, good for me. That I don't know who any of these people are, and none of them know who I am. And that's how I want to know who you are because I don't care at all. You know I don't care. I don't, But I also don't have a problem with I don't care at all about any of it. None of it matter, It makes no difference in my life.
Speaker 1: That's a very alpha male will respond.
Speaker 3: No, but it's not. I don't listen to any show. I've never listened to this show. I don't listen to any shows. I don't know any I don't know any of these people are. And but I have found that when when people do come up to me, like I talked to a couple of guys in the sportsbook this morning, they were very nice. They were very nice.
Speaker 1: Everybody's always nice to your face.
Speaker 3: Well, true, you're right, maybe somebody should heckle me to my family. I respect that, actually, But.
Speaker 2: That's my point is that you don't get to talk about somebody in your little your little groups and your podcast at five hundred people listen to and then walk up to them and try to be nice to them.
Speaker 1: That's why I didn't respond to the text I.
Speaker 2: Got and I sent to both of you guys, because I wanted you to know what a fucking phony he is. Like Johnny, Johnny, who's one of my best friends, owns the Wager talk with me, said to me earlier when we were talking about like our strategy for upcoming football season. Yes, we're already talking about football season. He's like, Kelly, I need you to like sugarcoat it before you call this person. Just sugarcoat it, just.
Speaker 1: A little bit like give him a little fuff before you like drop the hammer, And I'm like, yeah, I don't, I don't know how to do that.
Speaker 3: What's the what's the hammer?
Speaker 1: Like the bad news before I say, hey, we're cutting.
Speaker 2: Your show or you're not show anymore, like hey, listen, we appreciate your hard work.
Speaker 1: We think you're better suited for this, this or that. And I'm like, no, no, no, that's I'm not fake. I said that on the video calls, like I'm not fake that.
Speaker 3: Just for the record, I knew that the hammer was bad news news. I was wondering what the bad news was, not what dropping the hammer man. Oh, but I guess I guess I kind of overstepped my balance asking that.
Speaker 1: I just mean that I'm not a fake person.
Speaker 2: So you're gonna see like I'm very surface level, Like if I don't like you, you know it.
Speaker 1: If I like you, you know you're supposed to.
Speaker 3: When you give somebody bad news, you're supposed to like you start with some positive, then you get into the meat of the order, and then you end with a positive.
Speaker 1: Seems fake. I'm never good at firing people. Never.
Speaker 2: I would never be a CEO. I would never be able to do you like when you have to fire somebody. I'm sure you're excellent at it.
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 1: You're fake?
Speaker 3: What? Wow? Okay, you're you're really you're just creating. You're creating more beefs. You're creating more beefs right here on the show.
Speaker 1: I'm just teasing you.
Speaker 2: I just mean that, Yes, you have a little bit more tact than I do. I joke about it being fake because it's fake to me because I can't I don't know how to be anything that other than authentically myself.
Speaker 3: Well, I think you're a little wound up, you know what I mean? Like, are you do you think? Is that? Is that fair enough to argue that you're a little wound up? Right now?
Speaker 1: I think I stay wound up, don't you know? You do I get unwound.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Actually, now that you said that, it's a really good point. I don't. I don't have anything to add to that. What are you? What have you been betting on? We? We we had a horrible UFC event on Saturday. We we the book did really poorly. Our better players did really poorly. The fights were terrible. Did you watch that card?
Speaker 1: So we watched part of it. We had a two year old's birthday party we went to.
Speaker 2: It was the all day pool party, and then at o'clock at night and then and then all the kids laughed, and then it was just the adults left, and I was like, all right, time to bet on some UFC fights. So we were live betting some of the UFC fights because the hard Rock has some decent in game lines and it was real.
Speaker 1: It was really fun until it wasn't well.
Speaker 3: We didn't do well in that. I thought that the card was was pretty weak. The fights themselves. I mean, they did announce UFC on the White House lawn. I think it's June fourteenth. Everybody was criticizing the fights that they made. But if they can't get John Jones to come to the table, and Connor McGregor is off doing whatever it is he does. Not that I blame Connor McGregor. If I had his money, I'd be doing the same shit. But what are they supposed to do? You know? They they ended up making decent fights. Some of the biggest stars in the UFC are gonna be fighting. Elliottaporia is gonna be fighting, Poeton is fighting, Sean O'Malley's fighting. It just they don't have that like one great premium matchup. It's more like one sided I think. I guess that's what people were criticizing it about. Elliott Teurri is going to be a big favorite against Justin Gaatee Chee in the main event. But I think it'd be cool. I think it'd be I think it'll be a cool event. Hopefully the fights are a little more exciting than Saturday. Saturday was tough. Saturday was tough. We didn't and then we didn't do the show until Thursday this week, so I couldn't get Brett's golf picks before the players.
Speaker 1: He went one and two last week.
Speaker 2: It was brutal, and then this morning he was not very happy. Colin Morrikala, I'll just leave it at that, So just be happy that I didn't send it to you because.
Speaker 1: You would have lost a golf match up right out of the gate.
Speaker 3: Well we so we refunded to Colin morcal But yeah, yeah, our morecow and he was I think he was one of the ticket leaders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, apparently, I believe I believe he was.
Speaker 3: I was. I actually was able to avoid using him in any of my entries in that splash contest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't use him, so that was good.
Speaker 2: That is really good. I did not we use Scotti Scheffler this week. Brett thought like, hey, listen, we haven't used Scotti. When's the best time to use Scotty. There's a couple of arguments that there might have been a better time to use Scotti, But right now we're just sitting like in five hundredth place.
Speaker 3: So you got to this is the Is this not the biggest person of the year the players?
Speaker 1: That's what Brett said, all right.
Speaker 3: So then that makes sense. Only my only concern with using him this week, and it's easy to say that now that I've watched the first round. My only concern would have been it doesn't seem like he's in the best form right now. Right Like, I know the bar for him is outrageously high, but he's not really playing well for himself right now. And I would think a lot of people would use him because everybody knows it's the biggest purse, you know, but it's still it's Scotty Scheffler. You really can't even know.
Speaker 1: We'll see what happens Sunday.
Speaker 2: I mean, I've seen him do completely ridiculous things in less than twenty four hours between like Saturday afternoon and Sunday.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna go.
Speaker 2: With it because listen, we're just not doing that well. I'm kind of frustrated, like I expected better from Brett in this contest.
Speaker 3: It's it's hard.
Speaker 2: We gotta Yeah, when Rory withdraws one of our entries in the top ten, that doesn't help things.
Speaker 1: We've had some really bad luck. We had two guys that were leading on Sunday both lose in playoffs.
Speaker 3: We one of our entries had Nikolai hoj gard a couple of weeks ago and he finished tied for six, and then we had more Cowa last week and he finished like tied for third or something something like that. And one of my partners is crying because we haven't won any of the events yet, and I'm like, well, it's not that easy, like you.
Speaker 1: Haven't picked a winner.
Speaker 3: And then you know, finally, I'm like, you know, all you're doing is complaining about our picks and the formula we're using to make our picks. Who do you want to pick? And you know, of course, then then it's just everybody shrinks up. Oh. You know, it's easy to be like, oh, I want a dumb pick. It's like, well, we finished third. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that was that bad. I don't know that it sucks. But I gotta do with the system. I think it just has to do with like you can you can handicap, you can use analytics, you can do all these things. You can use Claude when trying to get Claude to give us some picks.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the day, at the end of the day, they still have to play the game, the match, the fight, whatever it is.
Speaker 1: And uh Shane Lowry chokes.
Speaker 3: These guys are sending me like the this big spreadsheet I guess from like data golf or whatever, and I'm like, I don't know my fucking calculator out guys to look at all this. Just tell me who you want me to pick, and I'll submit it. It doesn't matter with you guys. You know, I just don't just pick. It's not like any of us know anything.
Speaker 1: That's so funny.
Speaker 2: Just pick something that's a very Dave Chapan quote. None of us know anything, or what did you say, nobody knows shit.
Speaker 1: It would be funny like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they've shared. Uh yeah, nobody knows it. And Dave was right about that, especially when it comes to me and my friend's picking golf. Then yes, any words of Dave Schapan, nobody knows shit in that group text. Nobody knows fucking anything about golf. I don't really think being like six and then third is bad. I don't think it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you bet him top ten you're getting no.
Speaker 3: Well, of course you would. But in this pool, and I think you already know this, it's based on prize money one correct, So if your guy is winning like eight hundred thousand.
Speaker 1: Let me look after last week in my wid what place I'm in. Maybe I'm being overly Oh I lied. We went from five hundred place for now two and eightieth place.
Speaker 3: Oh that's not good.
Speaker 2: We only have ninety five thousand dollars because it's a new segment. Oh no, eight, that's not right.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm being two cents.
Speaker 1: Zero dollars because Rory Withdrew.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, yeah, you think I'm being too sensitive? Is that the problem?
Speaker 1: Shane?
Speaker 2: We got seven and twenty six thousand because he took a second, and the week before we had Colin Moore Kala tied for seventh. Then we had mats Yama Choke one one million dollars, Like, come on, we it's.
Speaker 3: Just been you guys said. You guys had matsy Yama the choke week and and uh Shane Lowry the choke Week.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's what I said. Like, I can't believe I think you did tell me that. Actually I can't. Like his handicap is spot on, but like that, I mean, how do you predict the the week? Do you get the yips or whatever happened to Jane?
Speaker 2: I don't know what the hell happened to him, but he totally spas out on that back guy.
Speaker 3: Well, Shane Loward blew that tournament. That was ridiculous. Yeah, that's enough. Is that enough golf?
Speaker 1: That's not. That's enough golf. But we'll talk.
Speaker 2: Splash, tell me about tell me about huge old right now? You and Ariel or is it just you just met Kelly's t have some sort of a.
Speaker 3: Do you have like a beef with Ariel?
Speaker 1: No? Okay, I would have a beef for their area. Is not a college basketball girl?
Speaker 3: Okay, she's coming to me, She's coming to Vegas from March Madness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like they they only want to be at the Westgate Superbook Thursday, whose day her her friend Jordan. Then you met my girlfriend Alex, she's coming with and then Friday we're gonna go to the win European Pool. Apparently whoa as you get in over there, my buddy Jeff has a cabana, so we're gonna watch over there.
Speaker 3: Does European Pool mean what I think it means?
Speaker 2: Yes, and the Ariel didn't know what it meant last night, and like she was pretty drunk after her event, texting me, She's like, it's a nude pool. I was like, bitch, it's topless no one and no one goes topless, like the people that go topless or the people that are not supposed to be topless.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Europeans.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, okay, anyway, we're going over there Friday.
Speaker 2: I have no idea what the hell we're doing Friday night Saturday. I need to be in the Sportsbook before Luke, just for like a few hours. You could just find me like a little seat. I'm not gonna drag anybody else down there, but I need to be there, so maybe if you could find me a little bit of a home, or maybe I'll just crash samy Pea spot.
Speaker 1: I don't care. Then Sunday is well after Luke, I don't even. I don't know I'm gonna make my six o'clock flay.
Speaker 2: I'm already a week and a half away, and I'm already going, all right, I'm fly home on Monday, like I already know, like I know I'm gonna wig out and I'm gonna have to fly home on Monday. But the problem is is Brett's going snowboarding now with his buddies.
Speaker 1: And somebody has to be home to take care of the dog. So I can't do my typical Sunday freak out where I say, okay, fine, I'm just gonna say one more night and then fly home Monday.
Speaker 3: What's going on now? You can't what's going on with you and ryderor your new dog?
Speaker 1: He headbutted me yesterday though. That was really bad.
Speaker 2: Like I bent down to Pennant and he like lunched, and I was like seeing stars and I sat down on the floor and Brett walked in, and I was like I could have just died right now and you wouldn't even have known like that dog could have just knocked me out cold, and you would have ever known.
Speaker 1: I would have just been dead on the floor.
Speaker 3: Why are you so jealous of Brett and Ryder's relationship.
Speaker 1: I'm not jealous.
Speaker 2: It's just that he purposely puts himself in a better light with Rider, and so then writers like, oh, you're just the lady that feeds me. Like he takes I'm working, He takes him to home depot, he takes him to the dog park, he takes him to do all this fun.
Speaker 3: A man, a man and his male dog, his boy is such a that's such a bond.
Speaker 1: That's like I've never had I had a male dog, a male dog in so long that now I'm just gonna go get a female frenchie.
Speaker 3: Brett and Ryder are gonna be so tight, man, They're gonna be thick as thieves, and.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go get a female frenchie. I didn't know that. I'm like, I saved your life. You're welcome. I just think I did. But Reese is a female and she loves Brett Moore.
Speaker 3: So maybe Brett, maybe Brence just has a way with dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and dog's ever gonna be as great as Coco, so like, why should I ever try again?
Speaker 1: Rights every single day.
Speaker 2: I'm like, listen, you little shit, You're just as good as hurt and you're never gonna be so go ahead, Brett.
Speaker 3: Well, I can't. I can't imagine why he likes bread better when you talk.
Speaker 1: To him like that. Yes, you have to understand. You can say the meanest shit to dogs as long as you use a nice tone.
Speaker 3: Yeah. True.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh my god, you're so ugly. Look at your stupid bug eyes. Camer you little idiot, like and he's just like, okay, mom, do you have any food? That's all he cares about. This poor dog was so starved by whatever piece of shit people had him before me that like, he's like food, Oh, you're in the kitchen, do you have food? Oh? Did you turn a piece of paper? Is that food? Like the thing I did?
Speaker 3: We need to bring back I think I think we need to bring back public public executions for a number of reasons, but one of them would be people that abuse their dogs.
Speaker 2: We have some pretty strig laws here in the lovely free State of Florida against that, and I'm all for it.
Speaker 3: Me too, I'm all for it.
Speaker 1: Too is pieces of shit as they were.
Speaker 2: At least they had the wherewithal to just take him to the Humane Society, and then they had taken him to the VET a couple of times because I got the record, so it was like, at least we had a little bit of background on him, and they just surrendered him and said, Okay, we're pieces of shit.
Speaker 1: Like that's got to be pretty hard to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, to do that.
Speaker 1: I don't know how you afford to buy five thousand dollars dog and then don't afford to defeat it. But that's a whole nother argument.
Speaker 2: But at least they had that like conscious to say, oh, you know, like unlike Reese where they just like founder dumped on the side of the road, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like at least with him, like someone was like, hey, can you take this thing? I can't afford it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that is fair. At least they had the respect to do at least that much.
Speaker 2: Like remember when Dave got Mispeaches and then like the other owners try to come back and there were Misspeaches his owners and he's like, fuck.
Speaker 3: You, yeah, good for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I would do the same if like somebody saw Rider on the internet was like, Oh, that used to be my dog.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, it's not anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he doesn't miss you.
Speaker 2: But I wonder if you ever wonder, like I wonder like if he saw that person, like would he be excited to see them? And I think unfortunately he would, and then that would be more mad probably.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean there's probably like a period of time where he wouldn't anymore. But you know, you guys got right or what like four or five months ago. Yeah, I think he still would.
Speaker 2: And that's the crazy part because my mom adopted a dog because remember we used to live next to a military base in Kansas. A guy left, got deployed, his wife dumped the dog at the at the doggy daycare and left, got a divorce, left the guy what a pos.
Speaker 1: Speaking of and a girl?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my mom adopted the dog and then like four years later, the guy was back in Fort Riley and the dog saw him and was like elated, and my.
Speaker 1: Mom's like, they abandoned you. I've been taking care of you for four years.
Speaker 2: And the guy was like almost like to the point like can I have my dog back to my mom?
Speaker 1: My mom was like absolutely not.
Speaker 3: That's tough for the guy because he didn't surrender his dog, right.
Speaker 1: I know there's a lot of bad dog stories, but that's okay.
Speaker 2: We're done talking about dog stories when need to talk about underdog stories.
Speaker 1: Who's gonna win in March Madness?
Speaker 2: And we need upsets this year, John Marie in this Survivor contest because.
Speaker 1: Last year was a chalk fest. All the number one seeds in the final four, give me the rules for business.
Speaker 3: Give me the rules for your splash sports contest. I cut you off to make that Ariel Epstein European pool joke. Give me the rules, give me the buy in, give me the breakdown.
Speaker 1: Twenty five bucks.
Speaker 2: So I've got eight entries because it just makes sense to have that many.
Speaker 3: Right, Like, what's the what's the most entries I could have if I was in one hundred, I was a young man with big pockets, one hundred and fifty, I can have one hundred and fifty entries.
Speaker 1: Twenty five dollars a pop.
Speaker 3: Wow, Okay, I can't afford that.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you did probably for like twenty five though.
Speaker 2: So yeah, all you gotta do is pick winners, survive, advance, one pick well.
Speaker 3: How many in each round? How many each round one?
Speaker 2: And then seven and eight, which is the Elite eight Days seven and eight. You have to pick two because we got to weed out people somehow, like if if it's going to be chalking for the rest of all eternity and no Cinderella's are ever going to win again? Like remember in twenty twenty three when we have this concast.
Speaker 3: I gotta go back. I have no choice but to interrupt you. I'm what do you mean? You have to pick two each day in the Elite eight. If you if you succeeded, you'd have nobody left for the final four.
Speaker 1: Double pick. You can pick Day seven and day eight.
Speaker 3: So the regional finals, I've got to pick two one day or two for the round.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have to pick two for the round.
Speaker 3: So then I get into the final four and two of my teams are dead.
Speaker 1: No, you we go over this every single year and every single year year.
Speaker 3: Wrong, Okay, I don't understand. Okay, I thought it was a survivor contest.
Speaker 1: It is okay, So okay.
Speaker 3: I don't think I'm wrong, but I'm waiting for this.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Okay, double pick days user mess make two correct picks to advance to the next day.
Speaker 1: Right, can't go one and one, so I have to go from the Elite eight.
Speaker 3: I got to pick two winners in the Elite eight.
Speaker 2: Yes, and then one in the then one in the Final four, and then one for the National.
Speaker 3: My point is, if I picked two winners in the Elite eight and I survive, now I'm in the Final four. But I can't pick two of those four teams because I use them in the Elite eight.
Speaker 1: I think you're wrong. Now you're confusing me. I think I am don't okay. So Day one, Round of sixty four.
Speaker 3: I'm glad we're working this out on the show.
Speaker 2: Two Round of sixty four, Day three, Round two, Day four, Round of thirty two, Day five, Sweet sixteen, Day six, Sweet sixteen, Day seven and eight.
Speaker 1: You gotta pick two.
Speaker 3: So it's Saturday and Sunday. There's four games. There's four regional finals Saturday and Sunday two a day. I got to pick two of those four. It doesn't matter if it's Saturday or Sunday. Correct, So I picked. I picked Duke, and I picked Arizona, and I won. Now it's next weekend. I'm in the Final four. But I used Duke in Arizona last weekend, so I can't use him in the final four. So I've only got two teams left.
Speaker 2: And you pick one for the Round of four and one for the National Championship.
Speaker 3: Although I understand that it's mathematically possible, but it's incredibly difficult.
Speaker 1: It's always incredibly difficult. Okay, that's why you're gonna win two hundred fifty thousand dollars off twenty five bucks.
Speaker 3: Okay, as long as we're all we.
Speaker 1: Had time last year. We had to split the pot last year because it was so fucking choky.
Speaker 3: Well, last last year was tough. I think. I want to say that the Sweet sixteen, the favorite one eight, no straight up, and then obviously all the one seeds won in the Elite eight. So the weekend results that second weekend were not good for us. They were really we had a really bad second weekend. It did, yeah, the upside was it did set up a really good final four with four to one seeds. The championship game was really good. But that second weekend, which is that's a big weekend for us. We have a lot of people coming in for that weekend. We're almost sold out. I think we are sold out Thursday and Friday Sweet sixteen. Elite Eight's not as big of a day here, but Sweet sixteen looks like it's gonna be real busy for us.
Speaker 1: Okay, good.
Speaker 3: We got a big group of guys from Kansas coming in for the Sweet sixteen.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, Kansas State.
Speaker 3: Guys are coming out. Oh and then one of your friends is gonna be sitting with them. Andy Samuelson, he's coming to he's a KU guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm aware he's I wonder if he saw has that really ugly sweatshirt that I found at when I was selling my mom's house in Kansas that I gave to him.
Speaker 1: That that like worn out KU sweatshirt.
Speaker 3: Oh, I like that sweatshirt. He looks he looks good at that. That's a good look.
Speaker 1: I don't even know, but it actually fits him. But my mom was so mad. I was like, Mom, you don't need this, Like we should give this to Andy.
Speaker 3: I got a few if you want them. I can tell you who are sharp UFC guys all day. They didn't do well last week.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be careful sharing that ship on the internet.
Speaker 3: I love you well, I.
Speaker 1: Said, you know you don't listen.
Speaker 2: You don't want people talking about you because you shared somebody else's place that you don't have permission to share or what was the argument.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't listen anything.
Speaker 1: I was playing your UFC plays, but we don't have to share them on the internet.
Speaker 3: Well, I uh A good A good friend of mine used to work in another sports book and one time I think we were probably playing golf and I said something to him. He said something about like, oh, yeah, saying the sharp guys bet this or that, and he was like, well, we want to respect the privacy of our customers. And I was like, you're respecting the privacy of an anonymous person, Like what do you mean? And he just, to his credit, he just started laughing because he realized how ridiculous it sounded. But yeah, it's anonymous. If somebody else goes out and identifies whose picks they are, then that is the person that plugged them, not me. I never said anything about who they are ever, I never will. I never have, I never will ever. So if some other person says, oh, that's his or picks or her picks.
Speaker 1: You, unless you're paying for that person's picks.
Speaker 3: They are the ones who identify not me. I would never do that.
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I don't even know who that person is. That's the best part. I don't know who hardly any of.
Speaker 1: These people are. In fact, nor do I get.
Speaker 3: That they met Eric Anders against Brad Tavares. You know, Brad Davars has been around forever. Eric Anders, I believe he played linebacker at the University of Alabama. He was a college football star, transitioned into mixed martial arts. He is now a small favorite, and uh, that's pretty much the only real good one. I mean, they bet they did.
Speaker 1: Give us, well that's all you're going to give us.
Speaker 3: Well, they you're not going to like the other place because they laid these huge favorites. I mean they bet Elijah Smith minus two hundred and minus two ten. But you know that price has gone up a lot.
Speaker 2: Okay, people like those sometimes because then they just put them in a parlay with another giant favorite.
Speaker 1: They like it. Not, No, that's that's true, because here's the thing.
Speaker 2: What if you like won like three dollars favorite, you're not gonna lay three dollars, right.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know how to pronounce this guy's name, but they laid uh minus two ninety one a roll by, a roll by against.
Speaker 1: Christ John Hoagland and ask him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, turn the camera on so we can see, you.
Speaker 2: Know what they revoked My my, my editor acts as their producer access.
Speaker 1: I just realized that because I was going to add him.
Speaker 3: I like John Hunklin, uh roll by. That's close enough. The guy who's fighting Chris Curtis.
Speaker 1: How do you spell it? How about that O R O L B A. I okay, I was close.
Speaker 3: But don't you think it's I mean, if I'm telling you he's the guy fighting Chris Curtis, is not enough information to go about.
Speaker 1: I mean, Chris, I.
Speaker 2: Didn't write that part down a rotation number, like it's nineteen seventy.
Speaker 3: Four, sure, two four one three three, thank you.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 3: Minus two ninety and now he's minus three seventy So Kelly, I think Kelly made a good point there. If you wanted to parlay a couple of favorites together, I think you can do so on this event. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully it's more entertaining than last week's. Last week's was a bit of a dud. And then the and then the stream went down during the main event. I think I was before then, So yeah, so that was no good.
Speaker 1: Were celebrating two years old.
Speaker 3: It's hard to give out. We talked about this pretty much every year, but it's tough to identify sharp day to day college basketball players because they do move a lot, and by the time this show is being available for download, games will started. So what can I tell you? What can I tell you?
Speaker 1: Kelly so All?
Speaker 2: We got so all, we got slash sports dot Com backslash Kelly in Vegas. I've done an awful job at promoting this contest, So if you guys would kindly go over there and entered, I've got eight entries because why the hell not. It'll give me some some step to cheer for. I'm gonna play some small dogs. I think the first round just for funzies.
Speaker 3: Don't you think first? I don't know if that makes sense though, Like, why wouldn't you just play some like eight point favorite that you'd have no interest in using? Moving on, why would you play an actual underdog?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Why would I use like a one and a half point underd dollar something is gonna win the.
Speaker 1: Win point, favorites lose all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I still think mathemat Now, you know what I don't. I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I don't what you're saying mathematically.
Speaker 3: I don't want to create another beef. You've got so many beefs. I feel like I don't want you to add another one. Do me a favor, don't create any new beefs between now and your arrival. Here go beef free Internet beef. What the anything else you want to tell me? Big fan base out there? You know you're gonna you're you're you're gonna lose your fans if you're always arguing with them.
Speaker 2: Man, you know, are you accusing those guys of being my fans?
Speaker 1: I don't even know.
Speaker 3: I have no idea. But don't you have this like big following? I mean you can't. You can't be out there just fighting with everybody. You gotta be like you gotta be like me, shaking hands and saying hello to everybody.
Speaker 2: You know, I do that so like nice people that deserve for me to treat them as well. Are you doing people the way they treat other people? Drammer, I don't know if you've noticed that.
Speaker 3: Are you doing any kind of a meet and greet with your fans while you're here in town. You know, Okay, I don't know what people do. I don't know what celebrities do.
Speaker 2: I told people that I will be there for March Madness and if they happen to come by the super Book and I'm there, great, And I will be there for Super Contest Weekend.
Speaker 3: Wait when is that?
Speaker 1: I said it's usually the first or second week of August. And the guy on Twitter was like, okay, great, I'm like, well, as soon as I know, you'll know, I got to go to Denver. Actually, if you can make it the first week in August, that would be.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's ever to go to.
Speaker 1: Denver for the PLL.
Speaker 2: I think like the twenty fourth of July, if I could just go Denver Vegas Home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I'll really factor that in.
Speaker 1: Thanks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Super Contest weekend you what are you talking about? Be talking about? So you're gonna be They're gonna be here for March.
Speaker 1: Madness, yes, and then Super Hot Weekend.
Speaker 3: And you're looking forward to it. We're both really looking forward to seeing Sammy Penny out of it. That guy's great.
Speaker 1: He and Iron Beef in too, So it's okay.
Speaker 3: We're gonna be Sam, your friend that I tried to buy.
Speaker 1: Him dinner at Edge on your comp ticket and he said, no.
Speaker 3: How generous you try to buy You try to buy him dinner with Mike.
Speaker 1: And my friends for your birthday.
Speaker 3: You tried to buy him dinner with my comp number. That was your birthday present? Oh thank you? Or you're welcome, Sam, Sammy boy and I are going to Naked City next Saturday to eat wings and watch college hoops.
Speaker 1: You're not going to go, No, I'm gonna be at Luke.
Speaker 3: Well, what time does that end?
Speaker 2: Okay, So you're not gonna be at the West Eat super Book on Saturday when I asked for a booth.
Speaker 1: You guys are gonna be at Naked City.
Speaker 3: Oh, we're going there at night and I gotta work.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be at Luke.
Speaker 3: Right. Yeah, I guess that's true. We really think that through what day? What exactly is Sam's birthday? What day?
Speaker 1: Twenty second?
Speaker 3: That's Sunday? M okay, twenty second stands birthday. I gotta remember that. I gotta remember that one I will.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I remembered your birthday for everybody, all of your friends that jumped on the happy Birthday bandwagon after I tweeted it losers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was nice, and then why did you tweet that picture of me respecting science?
Speaker 2: So I text Arielity if you had any funny pictures of you, and I forgot she was hosting that gaming conference, so she didn't like reply to me. So I was like looking through all of my photos and that one was still in my favorites list from like forever ago.
Speaker 3: So funny.
Speaker 1: It is a great photo.
Speaker 3: That is funny.
Speaker 1: Boy that looks skinny. So I was like, okay, this is a good one.
Speaker 3: There was nothing better than going up to people in the sports book and being like, excuse me, sir, could you please put your mask on? And then being like fuck you do that? Like, oh my god, man, give me a break, dude, Like I want to have this conversation with you. Ye, give me a break. Uh yeah, I don't miss the he hired.
Speaker 1: A mask fucking guy to go around and do it for you. Oh my god, Oh god.
Speaker 2: That's why I remember the eighth Shield so nobody can tell me to put my mask up. I remember my buddy Jeff who Jeff is.
Speaker 1: Jeff?
Speaker 2: And I disagree about on everything politically. I'll leave it at that, okay. And Jeff came to the super Book for March Madness twenty twenty one and I had on a face shield and I had a whole box of in my car, like the Andy Reid like clear fece. I remember those Jeff sitting there with his mask on, and he looks, he goes, you're allowed to wear that. I'm like, I'm allowed to do whatever the fuck I want? And he was like, how do I get one of those? And I was like, fifty bucks, Jeff, I'll get you one. And he was like, and mind me, like Jeff's like my old school like sports medic mentor love Jeff.
Speaker 1: And he was he goes, go fucking get me one right now. Like he was like so mad that he had to wear a mask, and I thought that was gonna be like his pilled moment.
Speaker 3: I was like, didn't he want to do that? Isn't that what they wanted? I don't.
Speaker 1: I never, I don't know, I how can you? I?
Speaker 3: I never. I never understood the whole thing.
Speaker 2: It was such a fucked up time. I was literally moved across the.
Speaker 1: Country to get away from it. It like broke me.
Speaker 3: I think that was the well, that was probably the worst time to manage this place. Fighting with the customers, fighting with the employees. Yeah. I can remember one time some guy was sitting there and I.
Speaker 1: Just was like I walked years ago, in like six days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I walked over to him and I was like, you know, excuse me, sir, I need you to wear your mask. He turns to me, he says to go fuck myself, and then the security guard came up.
Speaker 1: Wasn't me, was I that guy?
Speaker 3: It was you. No. The security guy comes up and he's like, you know, that was the problem here, and the guy goes to the security guard, Well, this guy's being really rude. And I actually said, verbatim, excuse me, sir, I need you to please put your mask up. And I was like, well, yeah, I don't really think that's true at all, you know. And then the security guard was like, well this is John, you know, he runs the sports book. And the guy just stormed out of the room.
Speaker 1: They probably really stupid.
Speaker 3: Uh No, that was no fun, but next week will be fun. March Madness. I'm ready for March Madness, ready for the tournament, ready for Sam's Birthday. Ready for Luke Coubs, Ready for Ariel. I love Ariel. She's a gem.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have a great time.
Speaker 3: Love Ariel.
Speaker 1: I'll talk to you next week. Wednesday will be out.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know if I could do. I probably can't do Wednesday Wednesday. My schedule is too tight.
Speaker 1: I hope you're joking, because I've set up that show. The show a crack. I gotta go do a show. Oh god o