Speaker 1: Hello everyone, Welcome back to a new episode of the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth, and we have breaking breaking news. Maybe saw brand new trophy, baby, brand new freaking trophy. No, don't worry about that brand new trophy for the Poker Masters events. This is badass. You win the purple jacket if you are the series championship. So my guy Tim here shrunk it down and made it into a trophy. And this thing is heavy, man, heavy, very very I'm like, this is heavy.
Speaker 2: It's gotta be like Tim pounce right.
Speaker 1: Ten. You think it's more? Don't they tell you, like how much it wasts?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I guess I could look it up. Yeah, definitely look it up.
Speaker 1: It's for sure more than ten. It has to be all right. It is Thursday, September eighteenth. Apologies if this does go out a little bit later than that date. I just said, I know it is busy season for our producer, Rich Ryan, but we did want to record this before Poker Masters happens. It's not much later than we had planned, much later than we had planned, and that is my fault. But for good reason, I want to satellite to the Poger Master's opening event. Baby, let's go. So I will be in there for the Poger Masters, a million dollar showcase. Snuck in there with one big blind all thanks to mister Jared Jaffey folding to me at one point. I didn't look. I didn't look, so I don't know. I never looked when when I get a walk So yeah, I just I never looked, So I didn't look. So I don't know if I would have called or not. Maybe I would have, maybe I wouldn't have. But anyway, I got in there, got my five K seats, Nine people got seats. One gentleman got two K. So we are in the dance. On this episode though it is nine to forty two PM, we are going to talk about the PGT Venetian Las Vegas Classic, an event name in which I think Remco got wrong twenty five times while doing commentary, the PGT Classic at Venetian, the PGT Las Vegas Classic at Venetian PGT Venetian PGT Los Vegas, Like all over the police Sgt. He definitely always said PGT something he might have said Venetian Classic. Well, he was all over the map with the name all over it. I want to talk about these Borgata payouts that came out there. You know, there was some some buzz on social media about that. We'll talk about that. We'll get into a little Poker Master's preview. Tim's got two code words for the for the podcast giveaway for a dream seat. He did inform me before we pressed record that the giveaway is ending soon. So these are code words that you guys are going to want to pay attention to if you want a chance to win a dream seat. So kind of short and sweet. Oh, we had to do our fantasy. We got to do our fantasy. I am absolutely kicking your ass in fantasy. It's like four thirty three to one hundred or something. I'm crushing. But we got to do the whole drop ad and that sort of stuff. We'll leave that till the end. And I don't mean maybe I'll have a family pot maybe I won't.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, Disneyland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe you can just ask me some questions about Disney event because like, I don't really have one thing, so you know, whatever, keep it light. But that's what we're going to talk about. If you are listening to this episode, please five star review, leave a review, share it, do the damn thing, please, it does help us grow. If you are watching on YouTube, I'm looking at you, hit the like button on the video, subscribe to the channel. I believe the poker Go YouTube channel is very very close to seven hundred subscribers. Last I looked, it was six hundred ninety eight thousand and change. So the more of you that hit that subscribe button, the better it is. Okay, and it really does help us grow. And then don't forget to drop a comment. Tim and I go in there and read the comment. So drop it if you want to let us know something. Of course, you guys can email the podcast podcast at PokerGO dot com if you've got something you want to share. Poker Go and play poker Go are giving you the chance of a lifetime. Sign up for a free account at playpokergoat dot com or download the app to iOS or Android and just create an account there. Again, it is totally free to do. So all you have to do is play one hand a free online poker. They give you a certain amount of gold, which are the chip currency that you play in there. They give you a certain amount to start. I believe they give you one thousand, and then if you verify your email, you get twenty five thousand, not that it matters. One thousand is enough to play one free hand of online poker, which is all you have to do, and you do that before December tenth, and you will be entered into a giveaway to win a dream seed into the season ending PGT million dollars Championship. All right, they're going to be fifty one players max, I believe right. I think it's forty players and then eleven dream seed winners. So you know, one out of fifty one shot to win a five one thousand dollars first place prize. Play here in the poker Grow Studio Easy. The final six are gonna make money in that event. It's a million dollar free roll, so you know, really really cool stuff there. So single hand of free online poker play poker go dot com. You can also download it to iOS or Android, So get in there and then give yourself a chance to win a dream seat and you could be battling for your share of a million dollars. Of course, legal language, no no purchase necessary. You gotta be twenty one or older because ultimately you got to come out to Las Vegas and play in the event, and you also have to be a US resident to enter. If you want to look at the full rules and details PokerGO dot com slash rules all right, p g T Venetian Loss Vegas Classic. I want this event to become a thing because I want it just to be called the Classic, and like I want people when they say, like, I'm playing the Classic, they just know, like right.
Speaker 2: But the Classic is like use quite a lot of places though, Yeah, that's the class.
Speaker 1: That's fine, Okay, that's fine. I think of the movie Uh Side Out. Believe it was in the early nineties maybe, but it was a movie where this guy went to work for his uncle. He ends up trying to serve this other guy who's like a beach bum who's been running from stuff. They end up becoming friends. They get entered into a volleyball tournament, and I believe they play. The tournament that they play in is called the Classic. I believe it is. We missed a bit with the PGT Bounty Blitz, but I think we hit with the PGT Venetian.
Speaker 2: And don't think the Manning Blitz was that terrible. We knew it was. It was capped how good it could be. I think it was fine. I think it was fun. If we put it back on the schedule next season, we're just find a bit classic.
Speaker 1: It is called the Classic Classic, Yeah, the gold Quervo Classic. Yeah, I mean it's great. So the the PGT Venian Los Phigas Classic was part of Venetian's Deep Stack Extravaganza series as part of this entire month of poker that they're doing over there. They got an MSPT event as part of it. They got a whole bunch of other stuff that they're doing at Venetian. But the PGT Venetian Las Vegas Classic had a main event thirty three hundred dollars by million dollar guarantee, and then it also had three high rollers fifty three hundred dollars buy in each for those All four of those events were PGT qualifying events. First up was the main event million dollar guarantee, but that was surpassed with more than one point twenty five million in the prize pool. Didn't seem like much of a sweat, although it's always a swim. I mean, once I saw the Day one A numbers were eighty eight entries. Yeah, you know, I thought that it was pretty good and then obviously it built from there and it got over it. But it also wasn't one of those ones where, you know, it ended up with two point five million in the prize pool and I'm looking at you saying like, well, why didn't we have a bigger guarantee? So I don't know this sort of price point is it's tricky in Las Vegas. I think it's tricky in ad Venetian specifically as well. I mean they don't have a lot of this stuff. They have that big WPT in the summer and that now they have this and then everything else is like eleven hundred and sixteen hundred for their big stuff, right, So you know, I think that Tommy LaRosa, the director of co operations over there, would agree that, you know, this was a little bit of a step outside of their comfort zone. But it did come through four hundred and eighteen entries one point twenty five to four million in the prize pool. The winner, Daniel Lee, took it down for two hundred and fifty k I think a pretty good uh first place prize all things considered, thirty three hundred dollars buy and he defeated Lily Coletto, the firecracker herself, Lily Coletto, and trust me, she plays quite a firecrackery. I mean she has some wild hands. Yeah, like she just she plays just straight forward power poker, just just goes for it. And it was good. Doug lay Lee, yes, that Doug Lee. Doug Lee from I Believe two plus two fame back in the day, finished third. Doug Lee want a satellite into that event, finished third for one hundred and twenty k. He won a satellite into this pogram Masters showcase. Just now as offin He's just a satellite king. We had Daniel Marcus finishing fourth, We had Ryan Lang finishing in fifth, Santiego Santiago, Montes and sixth and Jeremy Osmas and seven. Now, Jeremy Osmas came into the final table with a big chip lead. He had four point four to eight million I believe was the number, and the next closest had around two point five. I think. Yeah. He ran a big bluff like maybe the fifth hand or something against Daniel Lee. It went open from Jeremy with jacktan suited three bet from Daniel Lee from one of the blinds. They were they were very very deep at this this fire final table. Everywhere, so Jeremy calls in position seems totally it came Queen high.
Speaker 2: It went.
Speaker 1: Check bet call from Daniel He check called turn turn what I don't even know what the turn was. Then check that call again and then the river was a king and I went check all in and ace king for Daniel Lee and he thought about it for a while and called. I think there was a I think Jeremy made a comment like right after the hand saying that he it was a bad river card for him to bluff. I agree, I did not think he should bluff that river card. But I think he also felt like, well, I have Jack High, let's go for it. Not that I'm going to be here, you know, questioning Jeremy Osmas's play, because the guy is absolutely incredible. But I did think that that was, you know, not needed to go for it there, but you know, he did, and it bit him. He tumbled down the leaderboard. He didn't quite fall to a short sack, but kind of shortly thereafter things didn't really work for him. He became the shortstack and then was ultimately eliminated in seventh place for thirty five thousand dollars. Clearly not the result he wanted, right.
Speaker 2: Of course not Nah, he was a little disappointed, but hey, we can say that elimination led to some future success.
Speaker 1: Yeah, at which will hit on, but it is important for Jeremy thirty five PGT points. He's been well off pace for you know, last season, he was the PGD Player of the Year. The guy could do no wrong, absolutely crushed it. In this season, you know, he hasn't been able to do much right. You know, call at variance whatever you will. You know, it just hasn't been working out in Jeremy Osma's favor, and he's been outside the top forty for much of the entire season. I mean, maybe he was in there in the beginning, but other than that, he's been outside the top forty. So any points that he can garner the better. And I know he told you that he was skipping Triton Jju to play the PGT stuff. So you know, it's good to see him make that run there, Daniel Lee. You know, he he said after that he's been going through a little bit of a downswing. You know. He he won an event I think it was in Manila. It was like an apt Yeah, he won an event for I think a little bit more than two hundred and fifty K, because this became his second largest career score and I think his first ever live tournament cash was in twenty twenty four, so relatively new to the live poker scene or at least not a recognizable face, but he was able to get this win. I thought he played very very well both, you know, when we covered him on day two and then also at this final table, he seemed like he had good command. You know, he obviously, you know, was the beneficiary of that big bluff from Jeremy Osmas and was able to pick that off. But from there, you know, I think he controlled things quite well. And yeah, we'll see what's to come for Daniel Lee. I don't really know if he's going to fire all of Poker Masters. I would expect him to play the showcase because it's a similar event, you know, multiply.
Speaker 2: He made it sound like he was he's up from San Francisco, so he made it sound like he was going to go home.
Speaker 1: First and for a couple of days come back.
Speaker 2: So we'll see tomorrow. Maybe he hops in the studio kind of told him a little bit about it. He's never been in here, so it'd be good to see not just him, but a lot of those players have played the Venetian event come over here, you know. But yeah, we'll see for the showcase what happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm very much looking forward to the showcase, which we'll talk about a little bit later.
Speaker 2: Before you move on the high rolls, I want to talk about numbers real quick. You mentioned four engren eighteen entrance first time. You know, we touched on this last episode that you know, for this price point thirty three hundred dollars, the Venetian was doing a rake discount of two hundred dollars if you are on time. We have seen the success of that here in the studio, and we wanted to see how it kind of works in the midstakes. Of those four hundred and eighteen entrants, just slightly more than half were unique, two hundred and fifteen unique entrants. We had one hundred and eighty six time across all three flights. That's two hundred and thirty too late, you know, that fifty to fifty split. We never really see in these kind of events for us anyway, So I think that says that, you know, this field, and you know, you can probably experience talk from your experience, but field was although full of PGT players, there was a lot of new faces in there, a lot of players that were only in for one board that had satellited and we gave I think we awarded somewhere about twenty five satellite seats for this one, so I think that was.
Speaker 1: It was seven, nine, ten, twenty six.
Speaker 2: So that was good. It was good that we saw a lot of new faces, fresh faces.
Speaker 1: And those satellites were two C guarantees, so well passed was going.
Speaker 2: To see guarantee milestone satellites and but yeah, I think that I think this.
Speaker 1: Was within those milestone It was a milestone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very successful. A lot of our players were missing, whether they were at trying J Drew, whether they were Adam Hendrick's wedding had a couple people just out of town.
Speaker 1: You know, it was like seven people in Adam Hendricks's wedding.
Speaker 2: People just skipping because they were going to play you know, the showcase. So that's fine.
Speaker 1: One thing that I want to mention about the field and the numbers was that I thought that price point we would get a few more of the guys that I play with around town. Yeah, you know that they will play like in eleven hundred and sixteen hundred stuff like that. I thought they would just kind of make the jump to play the thirty three hundred. You know, I'm not going to name any names, but there was you know, there was a handful of players that I thought we would get. Some of them did play the satellites, but then ultimately didn't play the event. Some of them played the satellites want to see, but then didn't play anymore other than that bullet. So I just thought that that was interesting, and you know, because I thought us lowering our normal price point. You know here in Vegas, we haven't done anything lower than a five k, right, We've obviously done the stuff in Texas. But I thought thirty three hundred, you know, I know it's a step up, like a thirty three hundred is you know, more than double a sixteen hundred dollars buying. It's triple with eleven hundred dollar buying like it is is jump up, but you know, sell some action, you know, do that sort of thing like you know, take a shot whatever. Like So I was a little bit surprised with that, but continue.
Speaker 2: No, I think with everything how it played out, it was very successful. There is a world where we could definitely run this back. Like you said, you want this to become maybe a staple on the tournament calendar here in Vegas. I think there is definitely a spot for it. And already looking into next year, I smell that, hey, could we see a PLO version of this? We've seen our successful PLO is, we have our PLO series in March. Could this be could we do this there? You know, like a thirty three hundred multi fight PLO kind of championship then leads into our PGT PLO series. So that's what I'm kind of thinking about. You know, me and Tommy have chatted a little bit about, Hey, what's next on the partnership. So yeah, I think there's an appetite for them, appetite for us, and yeah, only in all, I thought it was a great a great main event and even the high role is that we're going to touch on with much better than I expected.
Speaker 1: Actually quickly on the main event stuff, I thought, I thought the field is pretty tough on a hole. I thought Day one A was incredibly tough. I when did I play one B played one B.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one be.
Speaker 1: But just looking around the field on Day one A, I thought it was very, very very tough. Yeah, I mean that's I think that speaks to the climate in Vegas, and you know, meaning I don't think a lot of people like outside of the big WPT stuff, the WSOP of course, and really everything in the summer, it's just hard at that price point in Vegas. It's just it's out of people's comfort zone, right, And then I think it's a little bit harder for people to make the jump once they see how tough the field is. So yeah, I thought it was a little bit tough on Day one A. The day I played Day one B, it was tough. I had a good table draw, you know, I didn't make it through I think twenty three or something, went through twenty four and I got like thirtieth or something thirty second, I can't remember. But my table was pretty good to start for most of the day. But you know, obviously the best players tend to you know, go deeper and survive and whatnot. So as things progressed, it didn't get a little bit tougher. Yes, So I wonder if that's you know, a little bit of something like. I just thought we would get more of like the no insults here with the minor league players to play this event, and I think that that is something that we should try and improve upon. Maybe that's enhanced satellite offering. You know, I thought the satellites that they had were good, But can we do more of them? You know, can we do more? Can we get them in there? Can we do some different stuff? You know, put some bigger guarantees on them, you know, with the numbers that they got in those satellites, I think you could safely run five seat guaranteed satellites and then you know, go from there. So I was also thinking today when I was playing this satellite, what about a satellite that's you know, all satellites seem to be one in ten. Why can't you do a one in five, like a big a buy in one and like for this one, like for the one I just played, that would require spending one thousand dollars. So I think that's a little too much, right, because once you get to five hundred dish, which the one I played was five sixty to the fifty one hundred dollars tournament, right, five ten goes into the price onol and whatever. So but like once you expect people to pay a thousand, that's a little bit dicey. But here six hundred, yeah, I mean, you know, one five, Maybe do one of those, like I think that would be cool, that would work, right.
Speaker 2: I mean I would explore seven and bring it down to like five hundred, which is sure.
Speaker 1: By the way, that was a great thing about the event that it was seven handed the whole way through, Absolutely freaking incredible. I think people had a good time at Venetian. I think they enjoyed it. I think they liked the room. I think they you know, I mean Remko and I have seen it a lot because we do a lot of the commentary over there. We talked about it all the time. But just the fact you can just park at Palazzo, go up the elevator. It literally says poker room on the elevator button, which is like unheard of in Vegas that they're actually catering to catering to a poker room. You get off the elevator and it's like one hundred yards to the room. It's right there. I mean, the poker room is away from the casino. It is in the Palazzo Shops area. I mean food is good, thereat I mean you have to pay for it, yes, but I mean obviously you can use your comps. But the food menu there is really, really, really good. The streaming room, I think a lot of people liked as well, you know that element of it. So yeah, just I think a lot of fun all around. Just quickly before we touch on these high rollers. We had John Reordan tenth place. We had Craig Mason twelfth place, Dustin Ayinatti thirteenth place. Jeremy Becker remains hot sixteenth place. I do got to touch on Sam Laskuitz. Where did he bust? Because he got absolutely freaking screwed. He lost aces to something I don't even remember what, but to queens, I think to Kathy Liebert, yeah, and then or maybe that wasn't then, I can't remember. But he lost with aces, he gets those cracked. Then it was to believe, it was to King Queen, whatever, it doesn't matter. He lost with aces, he got him cracked all on pre fub then blind verse blind, he gets Queen ten versus the big lines Queens and I can't remember exactly how the board went. I believe it was Queen ten x turn ten so philosopher Philas, I mean, just just absolutely sick stuff, just ridiculous stuff. Kane Calls twenty fifth, Jeff Platt twenty seventh, Andrew Lichtenberger thirtieth, Josh Aria forty first, Land Entice fifty seconds. So you know, a lot of big names ran deep in that event, that main event. Hopefully, you know, we bring it back next year and it becomes a thing. I would love to do it again. I would love to grow on that and grow our partnership with Venetian. I think it was pretty big hit, a pretty big success in year one. So and we didn't just spout the guarantee too much. You know, it was close, yes, but you know, ultimately not really like worrisome.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: High Roller time. There were three high rollers. The first one got fifty one entries, the second one got sixty two entries, and then the third one got forty nine entries. That first one was won by Sam Laskowitz, so he busted in brutal fashion from the main event hops in this one. Best vanilla poker player, vanilla tournament poker player in the world. His nickname is Vanilla. From now on, he won for eighty and fifty dollars. He beat Aaron Mesmer in Heads of played. Jim Callapy got third of Victoria Liftschitz and the money Jonathan little money, Joey Wiseman in the money. I feel like it's been a while since we've seen Joey Wiseman in the game on the PGT, but he's back. Second one, Jeremy Osmas. He goes on to win it, so redeems himself a little bit after the seventh place finish in the main event, after coming in with a big chip lead. And then here I was reading the updates, I heard he battled Stephen's song for two hours of Heads of Play. They didn't get doneuntil like one thirty in the morning. Crazy stuff.
Speaker 2: Both back on time registration the next day as true, tremendous to do.
Speaker 1: Ozmas won ninety nine hundred dollars song second, Jim Calliby third again. Jim Colliby's just crushes. Shannon Shorre got fifth in this one. Jeremy Becker. Jeremy Becker still hot. So that's what. So that was five out of six, six out of seven, seven out of nine of the up until this point, of the last PGT events and then he did not cash in the last one. So seven out of ten in PGT events post WSP for Jeremy Becker in terms of cat fire, that is on fire. Like I mean, the bad thing is is that he's in these events that aren't awarding a lot of points, so he still got a lot of work to do for the leaderboard. But you know, it could happen. It could certainly happen. And then the final one was won by Craig Mason, who was at my table when I played on a day one b in the main event, kind of towards the end of the day, but he was talking about how he hasn't run up won a poker tournament in like, I don't know, ten years or something ridiculous. So here we go. Craig Mason won. He beat Andrew Lichtenberger in heads up play. Mason took home eighty five thousand and seven. And for the dollars, what do you got to say about the high rollers?
Speaker 2: Better numbers then I thought we were going to get. We had a lot of non rigs playing, which is great, so that did help. Look, Venetian don't run these high rollers often, so the nuances that our players are used to didn't quite you know, just one is free flowing. But by the end of it, I think it was okay. But yeah, I think they were great. The single day events we got decent numbers, got a lot of fresh faces, which you know, the players were happy to see. But yeah, well you know, I think this kind of this kind of series where you have a main event and then just a couple of high rollers after it or overlapping the final few day is kind of a good way to do it. And I think this is a good kind of template for whether we take this back to Venetian, or we take this except somewhere else, or we do a p low version. I think this kind of short and sharp and sweet format series is kind of ideal for these players.
Speaker 1: Well, Venetians definitely got to get it back. I mean it was it was a great event, it really was. Structure was really good too. So yeah, all in all, I'm a fan. Moving on, code word, Oh you want to do a cord word now right now?
Speaker 2: Cod word right now? If you want to represent the PUBO podcast in the pg T Million Dollars Championship, got PGT dot com size stream seats, got all the promotions. But go to the podcast one you can enter these code words in you get all these extra raffle tickets. We're going to draw a winner. You're gonna represent us this two code words today, but the first one pretty obviously was going to do Venetian. Very simple, Venetian, don't even spell you guys, And how to find it. I'm going to make it. Let's make it twenty five tickets, twenty five raffle tickets because you know, first prize tw hundred and fifty K. I think that's a good number, so.
Speaker 1: I like you, that's an important one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's in point one. Use code Venetian. Get those twenty five tickets. And if you haven't hinted, there's lots of ways that you have to follow us, follow PGT, follow up guard, all these things. Very simple, but you know, getting there, getting the chance to win the Dream seat and represent us in the BGT million dollars Championship.
Speaker 1: All right, Moving on Borgatta, they had a fifty three dollars bet MGM Poker Millionaire Championship as part of whatever series is going on right now. It's called like the the Big Big or I can't whatever. Yeah. Anyway, so this event they came out with it, you know, three million dollar prize will guarantee one million dollar first place prize guarantee, okay, which seems like on the surface, it's going to be a little bit awkward.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: It ends with six hundred and seventy players. So the prize pools three million, three hundred and fifty thousand, paid sixty seven spots, which is ten percent, which which seems good. You know, when you when you when you are baking in that it's going to be so top heavy, it's good to pay fewer spots overall. So I like that. But first place one million, five thousand, which is thirty percent of the prize pool. Second place four hundred and two thousand, I mean, is wild terrible, third place two forty seven, fourth place two oh six one sixty seven, one thirty one or two seventy five fifty one. So couple things here. I want to know why first place is a million and five thousand, not just a million. So where where did that come from?
Speaker 2: I tweeted out of that at how that triggered my OCA so badly? And I don't understand what they did at all. So honecesary. Mat I really don't understand it, especially since second is six hundred k less. Yeah, give it to that guy.
Speaker 1: You know, a min cash was more than ten thousand dollars, which is it was right around double. You know, it was fifty three hundred dollars for the buying, So if you want to count, you know where you want to go fifty three hundred and then they want whether you want to go five k into the prize pool whatever it is right on double. I mean, I have another question there is that it doesn't does a min cash need to be that much? And I know that you and I talked about min cash is because you were working with a Venetian on the min cash for that, So like, what do you think we don't normally do double?
Speaker 2: Do we? No, we definitely do underdouble.
Speaker 1: And I understand that there's gonna be a lot of players that they might cash and lose because they might fire multiple bullets. But then those are the breaks.
Speaker 2: I guess. I think for this format it's I don't know, I don't know what their player pool is. I know what our player pools. Like, they want a big first prize, so we would prefer to make the min cash smaller, so that first second third there's more money up top. Uh, if you can tell me the six hundred and seventy players that playbable Goder or more local grinders, you know, then maybe the double mincash is probably more on point. But it's so hard when you're doing this whole million dollars for first you know, which is thirty percent guaranteed. That makes it really tough to make a normal kind of payout. And I think when you set it up like that, then this is drop pretty late on the schedule. They you know, they saw a little window without us running VENETI and they kind of went over the top of it. You know, if they had more lead up time, maybe they would have. Maybe they were expecting to get you know, closer to four and a half million or something in the prize pool, where a million wouldn't be you know, too too crazy.
Speaker 1: So but just can't you adjust the payouts so it's not so insane?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you'd have to take it. You'd have to drop that men cash to say seventy five hundred ak, yeah, and then stop building up.
Speaker 1: I was even thinking like the first two brackets, which I think they did, like the first nine or whatever, and then then there was like a four or five and jump like first two brackets just make them the same. Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 2: You know, that's what the goal is. Like if they're trying to just like flatten out everything else, then you know, but with this payouts, you know, you're always going to get a chop and that's what en up happening.
Speaker 1: That's what ended up happening. Can you look up who won? I know the person who won chopped with chance corn. Yeah, I know that, so we need to get the gentleman's name. But they did. They did end up chopping, which I did. Kushume me. Yeah, so shout out to Kashumi. They they did a deal him in chance and then he ended up winning the trophy, which is pretty bad as trophy. It is that line. Do they also have the Borgatta Trophy because I like the Borgota trophy too. It's like the wind trophy trophies on the trophy is that it's a replica to the Hotel. The original win trophy was this before whin Yeah pretty, I'm pretty sure as well. And that's trophy. I when I was like getting into poker, I was like I want to win that truck. Ye on the goal of this, I mean, I'm guessing the goal is to leverage a million dollar first place prize for marketing. Yeah, I mean, which is fine, that's okay, okay, yes and no, yes, it's good in theory. No, it should not come at at the expense of the player, like you know, because and ultimately you didn't even get a million dollar first place prize, so it doesn't matter because you were never going to get a million dollar first place prize unless you got five million dollars in the price bool you just weren't because these guys were always chopping. Yeah, like you know. So I think that that gimmicks like this are, for lack of a better term, lazy, because why wasn't there a bigger guarantee to make a million dollar first place prize more palatable? Why wasn't there more satellite or marketing efforts. I mean, you know, when was this announced? Could it have been announced sooner and there was more lead up to it to get the field, you know, just all in all trying to make it less awkward at the top, because it just makes it very awkward. So, I mean, I know, I think one person who had a contrarian take was for oz Joka. You know, he said, ultimately, if this sort of thing gets more players like into agree into the event because it's a million dollar first place prize, then that's a good thing. I mean, I don't know if it did. I'm not going to say a field of tournament, a main event at Borgata that gets six and seventy is like you know, breaking doors down everything. That's that's a good turnout.
Speaker 2: Like you know, new players are attracted to like million dollar first prize.
Speaker 1: I mean yeah they might be, but like did did they have new players in there? How many players were new?
Speaker 2: What attracts me is obviously a big prize for because that means it's you know, more chance I can make some money. I would rather if you were trying to attract new players, you might want to say, you know what, we're going to pay twenty percent and you're going to get a double min cash. It's going to be worth double buying. Now that would attract you know, if that's going to deter the pros and attract everyone else, you know, you got to think of it that way. And this this is more a pro heavy you know, yeah, like endeavor and if that's what they want, that's fine, but you know, I disagree quite heavily there with for us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I just thought it was interesting that they that they did this. I mean, and you you pretty much know, I think in today's poker landscape, when you come out and you say this is a three million dollar guaranteed event has a million dollar first place prize, like we all kind of like, well, that's going to be awkward, Like you just know ahead of time right now, unless their projection said one thing, and you know, those projections didn't come through. Okay, I get it, but you know, I don't think you necessarily need to do you know, kind of crazy stuff like this that makes it awkward in the end. Right So you know, it is what it is. But that happened, and we'll see, I mean, we'll see if it continues. I don't know if it'll continue, but we'll see. I would like to forg Out a Poker to be back, like be a big player again, you know, not that it's not a big player, but like you know, back to.
Speaker 2: Like what it was.
Speaker 1: They used to have two wvt's a year, like, you know, the thing was just freaking incredible. Your poker story could send you to Las Vegas because Poker Go and True Classic are given in away fifteen package is worth five thousand dollars each. All you have to do is go to True Classic Teas dot com slash tcpoker Go and tell us your story. Tell us you know how poker has impacted your life, why you got into the game, what it means to you to play. You know, maybe a family member taught you, and you know it's a way to kind of hold on to those memories. You know, whatever it may be you have. You have a crazy spin up journey to get to where you are today, and you're you're looking to get to the next level, whatever it may be. I know Ryan and the True Classic team, they are looking for the best stories out there in poker and they want to allow those people or give those people a chance to achieve their dream, which is through this giveaway. So again, share your poker story today, True Classic Teas dot Com slash tcpoker Go. The deadline to enter is October twenty seventh, and that event is coming up at the beginning of December here at the Poker A Studio in Las Vegas. So get in there and make it happen again. This one is open to US residents only, and you must be twenty one or older to enter. Poker Masters twenty twenty five. That's right, baby, This thing's pretty sweet. Ten events total, kicking off with the debut of the Poker Masters Million Dollar Showcase that starts on Friday, September nineteenth. Multi Flight event two Starting flights million dollar guarantee. You'll have a day two, it'll have a final table on day three that'll lead into the rest of the schedule. Tell me about it. You're the guy, tell me about the entire Poker Masters.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Why should I care? Because I care? That's not That's what it because we care.
Speaker 2: We care. Look, we've seen a big influx in popularity for that five K opening event we started doing, so I thought, how can we make this even bigger, how can we make it better? Let's try this multifly, Let's do something a little different. We never done this year on the studio. We've never done a big guarantee for an opening event like this, So, you know, we kind of workshops some ideas. Felt like this. This worked really well. This showcase idea two flies play down of the money come back on day two, play down the final table. We see a lot of new faces that play the five K buy ins in the studio and then never play anything else even if they cash. So our goal, all right, let's get a really really big opening event. Let's hope some people win some big money and move on. But also new for this as well is a second five K, So we're doing a second five K after that, and then we lead into like the normal series of tens, fifteens and the twenty five K finale. And for those if you're listening, you've been here, you've seen the studio. We've got a completely different setup. We've never done this for a no limit hold of major such as the Pokemonasters. But there's no final table feature table there in the middle, which is fourteen tables, fourteen tables there. We got one table.
Speaker 1: Here, fifteen. I just can't believe it. Well this is the fifteen oh okay, but in there because.
Speaker 2: We not only do we want we expect a big field, we don't want any ultimates. So fourteen tables out there.
Speaker 1: There were nine satellite winners today, yep, so you know those players are in there. There's one there's another satellite tomorrow night. Yeah, it doesn't have five seats guarantee as two seats guarantee, but still and then there's you know, there's another you know winner from it, the OCTOPI Poker Masters giveaway. So we're going to have ten people already in there for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Nick Sewan was the first player to register.
Speaker 1: He was randomly today. Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: But yeah, we're trying something different and we think it'll be successful. Obviously, putting in guarantee is always scary, even if it's the data says we should be fine. But I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping it brings in some new faces. I'm hoping some people from Venetian come over. Obviously great success in the satellite tonight with nine seats. Yeah, it's just something different. Let's see how it goes. Throwing the new trophies. You know, we're trying to appeal to what we think is is the right I buying level here in Vegas, especially with our players, and giving out regulars new people to play against, but giving you know, people such as you a chance to take a shot, you know, and play up a little bit and play in the studio and get to experience. What you know, you've watched on TV, you know over the last few years, et cetera.
Speaker 1: I will be taking a shot. I was going to be taking a shot anyway, but then I won the seat. But now you have a rebot as backup. I thought about that and I doubt it. Okay, but you know it was good to squeak in into the satellite with one big got in there, you know again, shout out charity.
Speaker 2: First PGT event in the studio, right.
Speaker 1: This is my first PGT event in the studio. I have played in the studio before. I've actually had good results in the studio. Two final tables, right, that is correct. I was going to say I've played three events and finished me actually actually looked at uthing. I've definitely finished in the final table.
Speaker 2: The charity event, NFT event. You probably played the wrong good, probably played the run good and I it's at least three events.
Speaker 1: I cashed the run good. I don't know if I I don't know if I made the fund table.
Speaker 2: I don't think you did.
Speaker 1: I foul tabled the NFT event. Yeah, I got knit rolled that. That was ridiculous, first hand, right, first hand the found table. H Yeah, first or second of the final table, something.
Speaker 2: Like that charity event. The one Tilly won is the one good not on here. Did you cash in the wrong good one? Then maybe you didn't cash. I mean maybe twenty two Maybe.
Speaker 1: I didn't cash.
Speaker 2: I cash in the Poker Go Employee free roll, the twenty dollars the way when we played that poker Employee free roll.
Speaker 1: No, I don't remember that. What year was this this stupid run good thing. Not that it's stupid that I can't find it as stupid.
Speaker 2: It was not on your pay It was not on your hand, and that means you didn't cash.
Speaker 1: I could have sworn I cashed. I mean maybe it was the NFT thing that I catched. Yeah, I may. I definitely catch the NFT thing. I definitely cashed the One Step Closer Foundation charity poker tournament. I think Jennifer Tilly took me out in the end. That would be great. Mainly, I just want to challenge myself in this one. I kind of feel like if I do commentary on these events in these players, I have to be able to back it up. That was like my motivation to play. So I was like, you know what, I'll play this one. You know, I always kind of told myself, maybe I'll play the opening event, the five k of like one of the majors Masters USPO or Cup. What always turned me off was that, well, one, I could never play the satellites, like scheduling reasons. I just couldn't play. So not that I couldn't like you know, sell action and get in anyway, but the fact that they were just like the single day turbo ish tournaments. I was like, you know, whatever, but this one, you know, not that it is a little bit of a faster structure, yes, but you know multi flight like there's going to be you know, it's not going to be full of just the PGT players like it's there's going to be a bunch of others in there. So I think I'll be all right.
Speaker 2: Who I ask you a question, I ask your questions. Who do you want to not see at your table?
Speaker 1: Not see at my table because they're too good?
Speaker 2: And be who do you want to see at your table because not because they're bad, but because you want to play, like you know, you maybe not idolized might be the wrong word, but you want to play against them. What you want to test yourself against that person.
Speaker 1: I mean I don't want to see Andrew Moreno. Okay, I think he's like the best at this price point. Like, but they're all like I can literally name any of them, Like, they're all really really good. The thing is is like like a Shannon Shore, who I think is also incredible, right, the thing is, maybe maybe this is just a you know, mental leap that I need to make. But I play. I've played a lot with Shannon Shore around town, so I'm comfortable with that, you know, not that I haven't played sometimes with Andrew Moreno. I just I've talked a lot of poker with him, and I know how good he is, and I've watched how good he is, and he's super aggressive. I mean in the Venetian event and drowsed Upchenko gave me fucking fits the whole goddamn day. He was really really good. He did really unorthodox things. It was such a headache to try and figure out he feel. It felt like he beat me in every pot that we played. So like I don't want him at the table either. I mean, yeah, I mean I played once with Nick. I mean, Nick's incredible. The guys who I don't like, the players, not that I don't like playing with them. The players that give me the toughest go of it are players who are very good and super aggressive because and not only aggressive, but like kind of loose too, Like they can just be in there with like anything at any like at any time. But again and they're just like Agro and you you kind of have no idea where they're ever at, and it's just it's just very tough. Whatever whatever happens happens. You know. I'm happy to happy to be in the field. I was gonna play anyway whether or not I won the satellite, but it's still good to bank the satellite. And uh yeah, we'll see what happens anyway.
Speaker 2: Ten events, two five k's six No five ten k's, two fifteens and a twenty five ten events, so ten events. It sounds like player the wins the most PGT points in those ten events is going to win the real jacket, not this fifteen pounds.
Speaker 1: I saw it out somewhere.
Speaker 2: I put it out there. It's on display near the cashier along with one of the trophies, so people like it's the first thing they see when they register. I want people to see this new trope and be like, you know what, I got to get me one of those. So yeah, I think it's going to be a really great series. Obviously there's going to be a little bit of overlap from Trying and JJ that's finishing up right now, so people, you know, some of those heroes probably come in mid series. But either way, looking forward to the showcase, looking forward to a strong showing in that because you know, if we can really you know, it's not smash the guarantee, but if we can get through the guarantee pretty comfortably without a sweat, it feels like we can. Definitely this can be the template for the next mages, you know, public, Yeah, we can do this again, USPO, we can do this again. This can be kind of the formation to how we build the build these series. So I definitely need to it to be successful. And like I said, I always want to say new people in here, because that will stop continue to build out, you know, build out, play a base.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm listening. I'm very much looking forward to it. I think it's going to be a great event. Hopefully I just run like the freaking sun and don't think about a damn thing. That's always the best, of course, speaking of Poker Masters, we gotta do the PGT fantasy. I am kicking your ass. I have four and thirty three points right now you have one hundred. But we got a long way to go. Remember it's for the entire rest of the season, so like anything can happen. Anything can happen. And this this is the series where like you could have a thousand points by the end and like just take over the teams. Right now, I have Jeremy Osmas, Jeremy Becker, Nick Shulman, Michael Wang, and Sam Laskowitz. You have Alex Fox and Chino him Sam so overall, John Riordan and Michael Burke. In the last ad drop, I dropped Adam Hendrix and picked up Sam Laskowitz. Great job by me. You dropped Jesse Lonis and picked up Michael Burke. Not a bad job by you because he got some points. Yeah, he did get some points. So Tim and I drafted five players each. Then we have some weird kind of rules where after every series we must drop a player and we must add a player. That must happen. And then for example, if I were to drop Nick Shulman, okay, Tim can't pick up Nick Shulman, right, that person is we can.
Speaker 2: Trade a player.
Speaker 1: No, I'm getting to all the rules. So that's the first rule. The second rule is that you and I then freeze two players on our team. Right, So let's say I can freeze Jeremy Austins and Jeremy Becker like, which has to do with the next part where you have the option to then switch one of your players with one of my other two players. The person who was added after the drop is not eligible for this. Last time, you choose not to switch a player, and then I picked. I took Jeremy Allison's from your team, which was a really good steal for me. Okay, so I locked last time, you locked first. I locked first last time, So you locked first this time? No, sorry, we don't add drop first first. I did it first last time. I dropped Adam HENDRICKX. So you got to drop someone. And by the way, Hendrix and Jesse Lowns are not back in the pool back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna drop. This hurts me. But Alex Foxon, Wow, he just got two playing too busy playing.
Speaker 1: Match.
Speaker 2: He might not come back. So I think, you know, like I said, he's a try and he's probably gonna miss a few events.
Speaker 1: So I do recall that I heard Kristen talking about going to this event and this was I want to say, during the summer maybe, but she said that they booked a one way ticket. They might go to Japan after all that, yeah, exactly, So you know, I have no idea if they're going to come back or not. But I recall her saying that, you know, they they were going to go to Triton, and they did book a one way ticket and then they'll just figure.
Speaker 2: It out from there.
Speaker 1: So not a bad drop by you. I'm going to drop, and I gotta drop Michael Wang.
Speaker 2: You should have dropped him last time.
Speaker 1: But you know why I dropped him last time, and I was, I was, I was right in dropping him last time, and I was right with exactly why I dropped him because I thought there was a greater chance that Michael Wayne could come back. Then there was a chance of Adam Hendricks skipping his wedding or something to play in an event. Adam Hendricks did not show up at all, so there was still a chance that Michael Wang said the heck with Triton, I'm coming back to the States, And I mean he didn't, which is fine. Second, I think in the half and hour, yeah, I mean he's he's crushing. But like the thing with Michael Wang is like what if he was having a horrible Triton Jju trip. He's like, you know what, I'm done, I'm coming back. So that was my idea there, but it doesn't matter. I'm I'm dropping him. Okay, So do you want to do the freeze first or the pick up? The pick up, I'm going to pick up the guy. This is the pure gamble. Wait do I want to do this? I get a look at the list, You're gonna pure game pure gamble.
Speaker 2: Because I'm so far behind. I know he's he's mentally feeling good, he's refreshed.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what this means.
Speaker 2: And pick up Louis Spencer.
Speaker 1: Lewis Spencer. I mean, Louis, that's fine. I know you saw that.
Speaker 2: He was here. I'm gambling, you know, like there's better picks out there. But like, mentally, I think he's he's ready to have he's he's primed, ready to have a big series.
Speaker 1: I'm picking up Andrew Luttenberger.
Speaker 2: Oh that was That's how I had as well. On my lett.
Speaker 1: It's just my team is stacked. Your team is stacked, all right, Now we got a lock, players lock too, and then I'll lock to.
Speaker 2: You can't take Louis Spencer, right, and I can't take Luchtenberger. Yeah, oh automatically loved right. Okay, Yeah, I'm gonna lock Gino and Soebrle.
Speaker 1: Okay, you have, I mean, much bigger problem. I do have a bigger problem. But I'm gonna lock Jeremy Osmas and Nick schul Oh leave?
Speaker 2: Should I pick up?
Speaker 1: Now? You can swap?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can. Now you're not gonna swap. I can't swap with like Lucky Chew. He's out right.
Speaker 1: You can't stop Lucky Chewi. You can either you can either give me John Riordan or Michael Burke for either Jeremy Becker or Sam Laskuwitz. Okay, that's what you can do, and then I can obviously do vice versa. And then once you swap, I can't swap back by the way, like that person's gone.
Speaker 2: Ah, this is pretty tough. Why don't you go first?
Speaker 1: Why don't I go first? Jesus?
Speaker 2: Because I don't know if I want to swap.
Speaker 1: Buddy, you gotta go first. This is the this is the rule.
Speaker 2: Jordan's gonna play everything, Burke's gonna play everything.
Speaker 1: Beck Yeah, but it's not necessarily if they're gonna play everything, it's do you think they're gonna do well? You know, like I mean, maybe you see someone on the other team that that might do do you think might do better than the person on your team?
Speaker 2: Beck is running so hot that he's he's something due to be cold, right, But if I take becka that's my my other argument. He's running runing intu audio.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean there's a reason I didn't look well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, I'm okay rolling out with John Reordan and Burke.
Speaker 1: But if you want to switch, is that your final?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I mean, if you switch, I'm okay to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not doing it either. Wow. Keeping with the same time. All right, So I have Jeremy Osmons, Jeremy Becker, Nick Schulman, Sam Lasquitz, and Andrew Lichtenberger. You have China Reim, Sam Several, John Reordan, Michael Burke, and Lewis Spencer.
Speaker 2: Got it here we go? Baby? All right?
Speaker 1: Cool, let's wrap it up with a fanly but.
Speaker 2: One wall cup. Sorry for poker. Masters. The cod word is masters very Simple twenty five Raffle tickets, First Word Venetian twenty five tickets, Second Word Masters also twenty five tickets. Get in into the contest pgt dot com slash stream seat.
Speaker 1: Love it, love it all right, family, pot, I guess we should play the music. Yeah, it's been a while that.
Speaker 2: Who doesn't family.
Speaker 1: You said you had one by the way, and you were like, I'm not gonna share it because I'm gonna wait till you go to Disneyland.
Speaker 2: I forgot what it was, but I can think of something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen, I went to Disneyland with the kids. It was a lot of fun. It was ungodly hot there. This might this might not be exactly like a family thing. It might just be more about my life. So whatever, it's my podcast. I'll do what I want. It was it was eighty five degrees, but it felt like it was one hundred and twenty. It was unreal. I did get the visit with producer Rich Ryan, so shout out to that. That was fun. He had us over to his place and cooked us some nice burgers and wings. Credible. Yeah, I mean, the funny thing is about Disneyland is the adult people that go like without kids, that are.
Speaker 2: Just like big to a fans.
Speaker 1: There was one, there was it was definitely two people, might have been three. I can't remember. It was three. So my daughter wanted to meet the princesses. Okay, so you go to this one thing and you can like go inside and there's like three. You're like in this like castle or the house or whatever, and you meet three of the princesses. Right, she met Anna from Frozen, she met Cinderella, and she met Sleeping Beauty. Okay, it was either Sleeping Beauty or Cinderella. But you like you go and you meet and you can tell you're in like this room that broken up into threes, and like there's walls, like you kind of walk into one part. It's just that that princess, you meet them, you do photos whatever, you go out to the next one, but like you go behind a wall, so like there's only like really one person in the thing at one time, but like there's there's a tiny bit of a line, like sometimes you'll be waiting while the person's talking to the princess whatever. There's this group of women. One of them is pregnant, and they like want I think it was sleeping Beauty or Cinderella like to bless the baby, like put her hand on the belly, like this whole thing. Then they had her sign a onesie of the of the baby and they were like they were like when the baby and go on the real princess, right, buddy, this was out there. They're like, when the baby's born, we're gonna come back here and the baby will be And I'm like, what, like, what are what are we doing here? I mean, I know, like it's Disneyland. It's the happiest place on earth. You know, adults tend to be you know, kids a little bit in there. But it's like it's kind of weird. Okay, it's kind of weird the way that some of these people act in Disneyland. You know. I'm all for, like, I enjoy it. I like Disney stuff, you know, I'm into it. I obviously grew up on a lot of Disney stuff, So there's some nostalgia there.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 1: My wife loves it as well, you know, but like, I mean I'll wear a shirt, my wife will wear a shirt, she'll have the Disney years on, like like but that's like kind of the extent of it, but like some people are just like they're a bit over the top, and I think it's a little bit weird. My son was petrified of everything. He's two years old. He no, he went on some. He went He definitely went on some. Every time he went on the ride, he like we would go on to like like the the Cars Won with Mader where like you do in like this freaking tow truck or whatever and it like spins you around or whatever and like you sit down. He'd immediately start screaming, but then like once the ride started, he got a little bit better. Not that he was like smiling and loving it, but he was calm. Daughter loved everything. She was screaming and yelling. There's this, there's that, there's goofy, there's like all over the place. She loved the whole thing. She's she's four, so she's just totally in for it. But yeah, but he like we did like one of those family breakfasts, you know, where you can meet the thing and they're all at the restaurant and whatever, and yeah, my son was like he was not having it. He would like them from Afar from like five to ten feet away, but if you tried to get clothes immediately, screaming, immediately screaming. It wasn't till the third day that he finally kind of warmed up to them a little bit. So I just wanted to know how much you spent, So how much you like, Yeah, I don't know. I mean we got a deal through Costco. Okay, we got three day park hopper passes for what I thought was a good price. We didn't stay at a Disneyland hotel because we did stay at a Disneyland hotel the first time we went when my daughter turned two, and the plan was when she turned two, we were gonna do it. Then when my son turned to we were gonna go. Right. They're kind of that old they can kind of understand things then, you know whatever. And it was great because when you stay at Disneyland Hotel, like you're right there, you get early access to the park for like an hour an hour and a half before everyone else gets in, So that was awesome. The prices this time around were fucking outrageous, like out of like a thousand dollars a night. I was like, this is the dumbest shit I've ever seen. But the Disney like the Disneyland hotels, I think there's three of them. So we didn't stay there. We stayed right across the street. It was maybe a twelve minute walk from our hotel into the park. So it was it was great. I was pleasantly surprised with the prices of the food and stuff inside Disneyland. Okay, like it wasn't that bad. It was. It was it was reasonable, you know, I thought, you know, I'm like great, Like I'm gonna buy a hot dog, It's gonna cost me thirty five dollars. Like, I mean, they were they were a little bit expensive, but like they weren't egregious. And yeah, but what I'll say is that the food in Disneyland sucks. Okay, absolutely sucks. Like in Disneyland in California Adventure, it's just bad. Most of the time. We left the park and went to Downtown Disney which is right there. They have a lot of restaurants just just I mean, the prices are similar, but it's just way better food, way way better food. The food inside Disneyland and California Adventure is just like it's just it's like normal theme park food. Like there's chicken fingers, there's onion rings, there's you know, hot dogs. Like, it's just not that good. Now, one of the things that I always love when I go there is I love to get that giant ass fucking turkey leg that they have. I love that thing. So I got that. My wife likes the Dole whip, so she got that. Yeah, But like most of the stuff, like when you look at the restaurants, it's like it's just not that attractive and not that good, and plus you're paying a premium for it. Not that it's outrageous, but it's like really like it's it's just not that great, which which surprises me because Disney takes such pride in these parks and everything is freaking perfect in the parks. Yet the food is just very lackluster. To me, It's just it's just not that great. And I wouldn't mind spending a little bit more if the food was like the food kind of like was like something you kind of remembered, but you know, it is what it is. But we had a lot of fun. We had great seats for the fucking parade, and we saw the parade actually twice, which is great because one night we were the parade goes one way right at like eight thirty, and then it comes back later on at night at like ten thirty or something like that, and we were there super late. So yeah, all in all was great. It was a really good trip. It definitely was.
Speaker 2: I remember what my story was, so I got two real quick. My son is in GATE, which is like accelerated learning but like NUDS Smoak kids, and they have a field trip coming out.
Speaker 1: I think they called that when I was in school because I was in it for one year, and they called it GT That's what it was called.
Speaker 2: But this is like gift, I guess, gifted and whatever, Gifted and intelligence whatever. They have a field trip Gifted and talented some of that. Yeah, they have a field trip at Disneyland. And I was like, oh, this is good. He can go, he can enjoy it. I don't have to spend the enormous amount of money for like all of us to go.
Speaker 1: And he was like, oh yeah, yeah one day thing. Yeah yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So he finds out that we have to take him to school at like four am because he has to catch you know, the bus down and then I pick him up because the bus leaves like midnight pick him up at four am again, and he's just like, wait, so I don't get to sleep in And I'm like no, and he goes, I don't think I want to go, Like you can sleep on the bus, buddy. He's like, nah, I'm good. Sound like, well, there goes that idea, So we'll revisit it. But seems like his mind's pretty made up on not going because he's going to lose some sleep. But my family part story is I've been involved in like a seven month game of tag with him. I don't know if you do this with your kids or if anyone else out there does it, Like just like tag, you're it just that right, And there's always a safe zone in the house. It used to be just the white cotch that was the safe zone. So when when I was it and he was going to get a drink and I'd come in the lounge room, he'd run back to the white couch. Now the safe zone has evolved into like a certain like plushy or like a different couch or like now he's using downstairs as the safe zone. He's using the pool like in the water.
Speaker 1: Sounds like he's bending the rule in the very least if not full and cheating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's full of cheating. But what it means was like I've had to like get really creative with like how I tag him. So there was one time where he was swimming and the water was the safe sign. He came out and he's like, where's Dad. Where's Dad? And they're like, oh, he went upstairs to get changed. He has got to go to work, so he like came to like ride with the doores, and I was like hiding. I had to tag him either way. Every day we're playing tag in this house and like I'm hoping he gets over it soon because it's so much effort, so much energy, and same when I jumped him off, he'll tag me on the way out of the seat. It's like safe zone school. I'm like, well I can't even get out, but it doesn't matter. But like, yeah, monsterous game of tag me and my son right now. Okay, it's just never ends, Neverens.
Speaker 1: It's just interesting that it's like just ongoing forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like tomorrow when he wakes up, and when when I wake up, if it wakes uping for a second, they'll run to like they'll tag one of them, he'll tag me and be like safe zone something, and that would just be it, and then we'll just go like I've tried to make like we've tried to get rid of safe zones. We tried to do everything that doesn't work, doesn't work. Tell me if anyone else out there is experiencing that, cool.
Speaker 1: Well that's gonna do it for us. Friday Poker Masters begin. Let's freak in and go again. Hopefully I run hot, but be here every single day. Got a lot of coverage, plan a lot of live streaming, so be sure to stay tuned to Poker Grow, to the pokerro YouTube channel, all that sort of stuff. And uh yeah that's all we got, right, Yeah, all right, cool Mousa's time baby for Tim Dalkworth. My name is Donny Peters and we will talk to you guys next time.
Speaker 2: So yeah, night, Channing Express