Speaker 1: Billy Cunning in the Great America, Welcome to this floor. Is Tuesday afternon in the Tri States the Reds Baseball, they have one in a row and so in fact two in a row. They won Sunday and Monday. So if they win the next ten games they might be back in it. They're only like three and a half games out of a wildcard. They have to leap over eighteen teams, but if they get there, they'll be in the wildcard. And tonight Hunter Green, who I think, according to David Young of Warren County, Hunter Green may be related to Hunter Biden. The two have the same first name. I'm not sure that's accurate, but I want to check in with David Young on the tennis tournament. So much more, plus the wards of Jason Williams yesterday that talked about following Jimmy Haslin to leave downtown Cleveland and go south into the suburbs and build a big deal. And is that possible for one of the six or seven outlying counties, maybe in Boone County, Tony Bender and a bunch of investments get together and build a stadium for the tune of two to three billion dollars and then there'll be a big return on that in about thirty five years. But until then, Dave Young, welcome again to the Bill cunning Him Show, the tennis tournament, the Bengals moving and more. Have you seen evidence of Hunter Green pitching tonight related somehow to Hunter Biden? Is that possible, Willie?
Speaker 2: That is an excellent topic to start off with, seeing with my great allegiance and desire to be a professional baseball player and my performing at such a high level at Red's Fantasy Camp each and every year. Yes, I thought I was going to get.
Speaker 3: The call up.
Speaker 2: But I will say Hunter Green is a fine young man. I like him. I have met him. He has earned his money through completely legal channels, and he is not doing a side hustle of painting pictures for big money. He is actually throwing a baseball and earning his keep. So I don't know if there is a direct Actually I'm sure there's not a correlation between the two Hunters.
Speaker 1: Well, you never know, because Hunter Biden sold some of his art for seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars for a painting to a rich democrat who now is the ambassador to Switzerland, And so I know there's no connection between the seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars paid to Hunter Biden to get the ambassadorship. It looks a little Have you noticed that once you go into politics, if you're Nancy Pelosi or if you're Mitch McConnell, even though you make one hundred and sixty two thousand dollars a year, which seems like a lot of money, but you live in two places, you pay taxes. Taxes in Washington, DC are confiscatory, that somehow there's a direct correlation between the number of years you're in politics making a little no money and your net worth. Is there any truth to Warren County being the same way that you've gone into politics, And of course you were a rich guy before you went in you're a rich guy now. But have you noticed in Washington, d C. That the longer you're in politics, the more money you make and you build homes along the Atlantic Ocean? Have you noticed that?
Speaker 2: Another very interesting question, And maybe I don't understand money that well, even though that's what I did for a living for a long time. When it's publicly disclosed on your financial documents, you're a politician, how much money you're worth when you take office, you have to disclose a ballpark of what that looks like. Then you make a publicly disclosed salary. We the people pay you a salary to do a certain job. Then, miraculously, four or eight years later, you go from being worth you know, a few hundred thousand dollars, maybe a couple of million bucks, and you're worth thirty million, wow, or in some cases one hundred million as a president when frugal work community organized. I don't maybe, but you know, hey, maybe they made a million bucks on a book. But man's that's an unbelievably good return on your investment advisor.
Speaker 1: I guess well. The Clinton's left office in twenty oh one, Hillary said we're broke. Within about four or five years, they're worth three hundred million dollars. The Obama's left office with little or no money. They're worth a half a billion dollars. Mitch McConnell, they're Republican out of Kentucky is worth one hundred million. And one of the greatest things is Nancy Pelos. She's now worth, according to her estimates, two hundred to four hundred million dollars, and she must be very frugal with her money. And of course Joe Biden, he's buying houses along the Atlantic coastline. He never made more than one hundred and sixty two thousand, Tili became the president making four hundred thousand. He must be very frugal. He's buying multi million dollar mansions on the coastline. That's not bad. I mean, you got to save your money. Let's talk about something more Germane really, yeah, we got you a hard stop.
Speaker 2: I'm in too good of a freaking mood. It's perfect weather, perfect time of year, perfect stuff going on around the corner at the Mason Tennis Tournament. It's unbelievable. That's what I want to talk about.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about tennis and then the Bengals possibly moving. First of all, the tennis tournament. It's underway with Ted McKay and it's hot and heavy. I see that seventy percent. I didn't know this. Seventy percent of those who attend the tournament do not live in the tri States, So seventy percent come from forty nine other states. They come from Europe, come from Asia. Unbelievable and to keep that as such a win, even though the Jokers not playing Alcatraz Is? How was yesterday? How will this afternoon be? How about tomorrow? When should I attend? If at all?
Speaker 2: You should attend often? And it's literally unbelievable. You know, I'm not exactly an emotional guy, will unless I getn't, you know, talking about my kids or something. But Saturday I went up there for the first time on Community Day, which used to be kind of a throwaway day they called the tournament. There was really nothing going on, just getting the operations going. They sold seven thousand tickets plus the people that were there on passes and things. There was I don't know ten thousand people around that stadium to watch a charity match with Agacy, Roddick and Eisner. And it was literally unbelievable, Willie. I was sarr yesterday. Bands playing literally they they've transformed this fan area where it used to be just so hot in the asphalt and it was terrible. They put this fan centric philosophical approach to everything out there. They've made it into like a garden. There are these massive trees. I don't even there where the you get landscaping trees this big. I mean it's all shaded out there now. It is so much better. There was two different bands playing, and it's like there was activity and it's great tennis to watch. But there was just a lot of stuff going on that was fun. All the restaurants, bars everywhere. I mean, it was just a heck of a lot of fun and people were clearly having fun yesterday at the Sensei Open in Warren County.
Speaker 1: And just for fun. And next year is going to be two weeks instead of one week. Once we'll stretch on a seventeen days an economic engine, which brings me to my next question, your friend and mine. Jason Williams of the Inquiry and Here wrote a column about why it would be almost impossible for the Bengals to move anywhere but on the riverfront, following the lead of Jimmy Haslin, who's the owner of the Brown's worth about nine billion dollars. Because he's going to put up half the money, which is about one and a half billion. They're going to give him two hundred and fifty acres. He's going to develop it all. He's going to be the landlord for hundreds of apartment's, going to be the landlord for strip centers, going to have condo projects and swimming pools and dancing girls and dancing bears. And that's going to be twenty five miles south of Cleveland, which is a good idea. The closer you get to Cleveland, the more your nostrils begin to flare and you smell stuff. You get out of Cleveland things a little bit better. And so he made the point in the inquir that the odds of the Bengals leaving Cincinnati downtown Cincinnati out to Warren County or Claremont County or Boone County, despite the heavy investment of Tony Bender and Boone County around the airport, is almost non existent. Now your names come up because you're the grand economic emperors area of Warren County that kept the tennis tournament. You expand that King's Island all Hell's break and lose great place to live from your general overlook, what are the odds of the Bengals using Warren County as reached to stay in Cincinnati and get a better deal from Alisha Reese also known as Elisha Bridges because she loves the nightlife. What are the odds.
Speaker 2: Remote at best? Because here's the situation, and I like Jason Williams, a lot super talented writer. I will say, and I have to. As part of the victory tour of keeping the tennis tournament, there was one particular Inquire story written by said reporter that said, basically, I was crazy and it was about to turn into the pickleball mecca of the Midwest. Correct, and they were losing the tennis tournament. And god, I didn't know what I was talking about. And I have to a little bit say that maybe other people that know what they were talking about when I said it was going to stay and we had a really good shot, maybe I was right. But anyway, I digress. So I'm not living in the past. I'm not happy today, William. I'm moving forward. Tennis is being played around the corner. It's awesome when you talk about the Bengals, which I'm a huge fan of the Cincinnati Bengals and the Cincinnati Reds obviously, and those are national sports assets, even though our tennis tournament is international, but those are national sports assets that are so critically important for the region. My prayer is that the Brown family in Hamilton County, which I believe owns the stadium, work out a deal and that that stadium is upgraded. Now, if you ask in general, has there been a trend in the NFL by very rich owners saying I want to control more of the pie, and as a matter of fact, I want to make the pie outside over here, and I basically own the whole pie, and I'm going to leave the taxpayers out of it. There has been a trend of doing that, and there's actually a really strong economic case for that happening, simply because when you think about it, I mean Jerry Jones, super rich guy. I've been to at and T Stadium, every thing around there. There was really nothing there, and then all of a sudden, they started building up an entertainment complex with hotels, bars, restaurants all around the stadium, knowing that's a destination location. It doesn't have to be downtown. And so he built all of those things around there on his dime, knowing he was going to make that investment back by utilizing his one big asset. So there is a model to do that. However, the pieces are not in place, in my humble opinion, for that to happen in Cincinnati, simply because you know, I hate talking about other people's financial situations, but I don't know that from reports that would the Bengals ownership group have the desire to go and spend presumably billions of dollars on creating their own entertainment and complex. Maybe they do, and good for them. Again, I don't know other people's financial certaincy sences other than what reported in the public domain. But you know, we do know that owners of other teams are worth multiple billions of dollars and them spending a billion or two billion here or there on something that they project getting their money back in a very short return on their investment. That happens, and it happens more and more, which is good for the taxpayers because the taxpayers do get a benefit from these sports stadiums. If it's a good deal, Willy, it's got to be a good deal put together by business people where both sides went, the taxpayers and the people that have risked their own free market capital and gone and invested millions and sometimes billions of dollars in these sports teams. It's got to be a mutually beneficial deal.
Speaker 1: Well, Jason Williams makes the point that it was like pulling teeth to get fifteen million dollars out of the City of Mason and Warren County put in a few million more than that, but scaling it by scale, that is a pittance compared to what is required to build an NFL stadium. And everything goes around that. And Mike Brown is about ninety years old. He still drives his Chevy Lumina. He's got that goof of the little hat that he wears. The odds him saying at the age of ninety, you know what, boys and girls, it's time for us to strike out to buy two hundred acres of land in the middle of nowhere and to build an entertainment complex and strip malls and apartment buildings over the next five to ten years. I don't think that fits Mike Brown's model. I'm not sure. I'm not sure it fits.
Speaker 2: Him right again, I could be wrong, But that is a model. Is that the model for the ownership group of the Bengals. I've got my doubts, all right.
Speaker 1: So if it stays in Cincinnati, that's a positive. I think to move an NFL franchise takes it almost an act of God. There's all kinds of requirements that you can't do it, and so it's only a matter of one hundred million here and one hundred million there. And Warren County is not scaled to produce a billion dollars of benefits to any organization coming in, including the Bengals. Is that fair to say that Warren County won't step up for a billion dollars?
Speaker 2: Listen, Willie, we take our financial position very, very seriously. We are stewards of the tax payer dollars. And I think a lot of politicians sometimes get cross when they start thinking about almost buying votes that it's you know, it's a candy store. Hey you want this. Oh wait, here's a break over here. Oh, here's a break there. It has to be a mutually beneficial relationship. And what we did with the tennis tournament was think there's a seventy five million dollars a year current economic impact to the region, and next year it's going to be close to one hundred and fifty million dollars, two hundred thousand people coming this year, four hundred thousand people attending next year, and as you said, close to seventy percent of those don't live here. And if you're Hamilton County, Claremont County, Butler County, Warren County, those people that live away from here, and I've talked to a lot of them from Chicago or New York or wherever. When they come here. Number One, they have money. They have discretionary money to come and watch this sporting event for a week at a time or two weeks at a time. They come, they stay at our hotels, they eat at our restaurants, they shop in our stores. They generate economic activity, and they pay a sales tax, and they pay workers. The companies that pay the workers pay an income tax if they live in a city. So that's what's generating this return to the taxpayers. And the study has been done that it looks like in the breakdown, just to refresh your memory, on one hundred and thirty million dollars that was invested in this tournament, fifty million from the state, fifty million essentially minus five million that was really in a sales tax incentive, So forty five million from Warren County and thirty five million from the City of Mason. That is the deal. Warren County. We're projecting to get that entire return of forty five million dollars like ten years based on the sales tax revenue that's coming in from this tournament. This was a good deal for the taxpayers. Now you flip it to a much larger scale. You know, forty fifty million dollars is a heck of a lot of money in Warren County. We've never done anything like that, but we've never had a global sports asset that was about to leave before. So we decided to step up to the plate and come up with a plan, and it was accepted by the billionaire who did risk his hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars to invest his free market capital here and wanted to partner with us and stay here. So there was an economic incentive for him to partner with us. But in terms of billions of dollars from the taxpayers of Warren County, no, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: Let's leave it at that. I'm picking Cocoa Golf to win it all. She won it last year, then won the US Open, and Alcatraz I think should win the Men's and away we go. But once again, Dave Young, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. You're a great American. We'll do it again and thank you very much. And Dave Young, you're a great American. Thank you.
Speaker 2: God Bless you, Willie and.
Speaker 1: God bless America. Coming up next to news and more at your home of the Reds News Radio seven hundred WLW. At the music, Sean McMahon back from raw last night to handle production duties here from Elder High School. Sean McMahon. Of course, you just heard it from David Young, the emperors ario of the tennis tournament Cincinnati opened, got it done. Many said it was impossible, could not occur, but it did, and thank God and thank God that he's out there. But you glean from him the idea that the comments by some and sports radio about the Bengals moving in the suburbs is not going to work. Plus in the background, I've read the previous columns about the financial situation of the stadium. It is the most generous lease ever awarded to an NFL franchise according to the so called experts. Once again, the Bengals had the taxpayers in Hamblin the county and the city over a barrel. Because number one, there might be an idea of moving the franchise like the Cleveland Browns are doing about twenty five miles south and own everything. That's not the standard that Mike Brown has used the guy's worth about three billion dollars. But there was a problem. According to the in caircurding the stories that many many years ago, when the grandfather of football died, Paul Brown, the legendary Paul Brown, the franchise went to Mike Brown, and then it went to John Sawyer and one of the heirs of Procter and Gamble. Then it went back to Mike Brown and the irs. I thought something was a scance. Was that transfer to defeat estate taxes? And Mike Brown took the irs to court and Mike Brown won in court saying no, it was it was an arms length transaction with John Sawyer, A P and g Air and it wasn't. It was for fair market value, and that of course angered the irs. But Mike Brown took down the irs. You know, father time is undefeated, untied, unscored on and so Mike Brown is about ninety years old now, and there'll be another transfer in his estate. I would assume that Katie and the other members of the family, Paul H. Brown, et cetera. Then the irs will where it's ugly head again and saying okay, we won forty percent of the sale. So down the road. That's a factor out in the distance, but in reality, Warren County is not scaled, nor any other county would be scaled in the tri State to step up to a billion and a half dollars of support directly and indirectly to move the Bengals to the suburbs, that means the Bengals need to stay downtown to the odds and moving to some other city. In this world, it's very slight. There's all kind of rules and regulations that would keep the Brown family from moving, the Blackburn family moving the Bengals somewhere else. They obviously could sell to Toronto or Mexico City and probably make five billion dollars a billion here and a billionaire suddenly got a lot of money to talk about. And so over the next year or two, father time, undefeated, untied, unscored on, there'll be something happening with the Bengals, and I pray to God they stay right here in Cincinnati, because it looks as if for the next five to ten years, as Brian Combs knows, there's going to be one hell of a Bengals run, and maybe there'll be a Super Bowl brought because of Joe Burrow. So we'll see what happens down the road, but here for a minimum of the next six years, they're exercise their option next year or soon to five more years. That's six years. That gets this to around twenty thirty, and by then some of these things might become clear. What happens. I think in retrospect has been a tremendous positive to have the Bengals in Cincinnati compared to what We're a major league town, but we're so small and we punch well above our weight, much like in the Olympics when men beat up women. That's a different story I may talk about. But to have the things happening in our town, such as this week the Cincinnati Open and then next week is going to be two weeks. Seventy percent who come here come from out of the Try States, so they spend money like drunken sailors on shore leave that support jobs and economic base, et cetera. And the Moneys will be given back. But no county in the Try State other than Hamilton County has the power and the prestige and the money to do things to keep the Bengals here. And the fact that Bengals put in one hundred and fifty million dollars of their own money to upgrade parts of the stadium when they didn't have to. It is an indication that Katie Blackburn Brown and Troy and Paul H. Brown, et cetera, the family is connected to keeping the keeping the Bengals in Cincinnati. And then there may be some adjustments of one type or another to pay off any possible estate tax. But that's down the road, not for you and I to concern ourselves with. It's just the reality of the way sports franchises are and the values are skyrocketing one direction, and that's up. So to have the Bengals here, to have the Reds here, to have UC football basketball, to have Xavier basketball, Dayton, to have Wright State, to have Miami all around us. You know, when I give a little talk, which I do infrequently these days, but I still do it. If you want the best college football program in history, according to Sports Illustrated, it's the Ohio State Buckeyes. And if you want the best college basketball program in history, that would be the University of Kentucky Wildcats. And if you love auto racing, there's something called the Indianapolis five hundred that's not bad. And if you like any of the arts, which I do not like ballet and symphony and opera and all that kind of stuff, we have here, right here in Cincinnati. If you like soccer because of Jeff Birding and Carl Linder the third, guess what, we have Major League Soccer right here. If you like street festivals, they're every weekend everywhere. If you like the best taste of Cincinnati, it's right here Memorial Day weekend. If you like Octoberfest, the largest outside of Germany, it's right here. And if you like a good college, a good university, you got NKU Schari Paolo One, you got Xavier Hrywin, you got uc Tony Pike went there, you got Miami, you got Wright State, you got Mount Saint Joe, you have Thomas Moore. You have all that right here. And if you like good high schools, guess what between Highlands and Scott Tackett at Beechwood and Cuvekath and you go to Muller High School. Of course, deer Park as a fabulous high school led by Jay Phillips and the GCL even sand Nex doesn't do a bad job, and the Elder and Roger Bacon guess what you wanted some high school? How about East Central? Not bad? If you like Harrison Tony Moss JTM, you know, not bad. That's pretty good stuff. And we have all those things because, as I say to many Americans, and ocean is comprised of many waves, many many waves. There's large waves, medium waves, and small waves, and there's ripples, and there's tsunamis.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I think in the tsunami waves, I think about Carl Linder and Scott Farmer, and I think about John Barrett. I think about Proctor and God, think about Fifth Third Bank, and think about the Joseph Automotive Group run so capably by George and Greg and Ron and Bobby Joseph. And I think of all the great things happening in town with Jeff Ruby steakhouse, all that stuff going on redevelopment. I think of three c DC, unbelievable stuff. They're large waves, big waves, tsunami waves that make the ocean what it is. There's medium waves. It's those who may belong to private country clubs or private groups of one type or another that participate in this great economy. There's small waves. Then there's ripples. I can think of My dear mother departed about fifteen years ago when my father deserted us when I was about twelve years old and left my mom with four young kids, incapable of supporting herself. She was a small ripple in the economic engine that drives this great country. She worked in married hotshops for twenty years and the Kenwin Mall. The first employee they hired and the last one that left and turn out the lights was Mary Ellen Cunningham. She was a small ripple, but damage. She lived her good life in great ways and participated in the economy and contribute it to the greatness of our land. Absolutely contributed. When I think of my rumpty garbage man, I love that guy. He's got three kids. I help him out when I can, leaving small little things for him, little gifts, you know, no big deal, But it's my way of saying thank you for participating in the economy, doing a tough job. When I see a server at Montgomery Inn, when I see someone at one of the great facilities in northern Kentucky, you're in by Rob Sanders, and I think about no tax on tips. Absolutely, those people are never going to make a large amount of money. They struggle. A ten dollar bill, a twenty dollars bill means a lot to them. And to have the government chase down individuals that are receiving tips, whether a uber driver or maybe a Lyft driver or some other connected to the service economy, and you get paid in cash tips, that's kind of like money you work for that make a difference. And the reason we have so many of these these credit card machines these days in which you put down your tips is the government encourages businesses to have tipped employees to use that so they can prove whether you're cheating the government out of one hundred dollars or one thousand dollars in two thousand dollars. Well, at the same time, Joe Biden, for example, and Kamala Harris go into office poor and they come out of office millionaires. Joe Biden never made more than one hundred and forty two thousand dollars a year, and then until he became the president and he's the acting president. Now he's no clue what's going on. He's making four hundred thousand, yet he's got enough money to buy multiple homes along the Atlantic Oshan, I look at Nancy Pelosi, who went into Congress worth little or nothing, now worth three hundred million dollars. How's that possible? I look up Mitch McConnell, who never made more than one hundred and seventy two thousand dollars a year in the Senate. That guy's worth tens of millions of dollars. How's it possible? The great politicians who set the rules don't play by those It comes to others, and they use their positions of power and influence to greatly benefit themselves at our expense. But the government will hire eighty seven thousand IRS agents to go after tipped employees to make sure you're doing your part. And now Donald Trump found an issue he found exciting and write and correct. Guess what. Let's not have tax on tips. Let's not have tax on social security benefits. The great majority of Americans on Social Security aren't rich and famous. The great majority pinch their dollars and make sure they have a good life and pass on something to their kids. Well, on one hand, you have large multinational corporations and politicians and high tech giants contributing five hundred million dollars to the Democratic Party to quote get out the vote and then they're protected by the lawmakers. Wink wink, nod nod, don't audit that guy, don't go after this woman because they're donating five hundred million dollars to the Democratic Party. But then the irs are go after a tipped employee. Are you kids me? That's the way the game's played. What's good for the goose is good for the gander. And I compliment Americans that work no matter what status in life in which you find yourself. Being a truck driver is a damn hard job. Scrutinize CDLs more excessive training and independent truck drivers have one hell of a time making ends meet. Goes to the cost of petrol because of the cost of a fuel. It's difficult, it's hard. So if you work at anything, I like to encourage young Americans to be prepared for the future. Remember yesterday, but live today and enjoy what you're doing. So when I look at someone like Hunter Biden, who needed money for his drug habits and his girlfriends and his hookers to go out and sell art for seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars art put together by Hunter Biden, and then the person that did that is a democratic favorite person getting an ambassadorship. Are you kidding me? That's the way the game is played. The rich get richer. But I want to maintain a vibrant, happy, go lucky, functioning middle class of teachers and bricklayers like Bob the bricklayer, working, hard, working, smart. I want to have electricians and plumbers. I want craft Electric to succeed. I want Crashman Electric to do great stuff. I like this small little ripples in life which ultimately can produce larger waves and maybe even a tsunami. Because when the lenders began about seventy years ago, they would pick up milk and amelia and transport it early in the morning to Norwood to sell milk United Dairy Farmers. That little simple idea formed itself into a giant corporation. That's where we are. And I had some things prepared in front of me. I haven't gotten to them. I get on a tangent, but it kind of fires me up. But when I see that Kamala Harris, who's favored from San Francisco, is now taking up the banner of no tax on tips, where the hell did that come from? Came from? Donald Trump? How about no tax on Social Security. Where did that come from? Came from Donald Trump? The butchers, the bakers, the candlestick makers. Is what make this economy works. Not the rich and famous. Without all of us pulling in the same direction, we're in trouble. I got all this stuff in front of me, I got on a tangent. I'm sorry. That's the way I feel about this great country. That's worth's fighting for, it's worth saving, and we can have Californian values of San Francisco, a failed city state being used as a template to come to Lawrenceburg, or come to Columbus, or come to Green Township, or come to Minnesota. You picked Governor Tim Wallace. I watched this grandmother who's sixty two years old that was shut down, had her little coffee shop shut down by the governor. When she reopened against the governor's orders, she was locked up and served sixty days in jail and miss Christmas because Governor Waltz would keep open the strip clubs and the liquor stores, but not mom and pop businesses that he destroyed. Now he wants to move up the ladder and become the vice president and possibly the president of the United States. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 4: Not?
Speaker 1: On my watch like a warrior poet for this country, and I hope you do too. Is Donald Trump perfect? Absolutely?
Speaker 5: Not?
Speaker 1: The only person ever that was perfect was nailed to a cross. Donald Trump makes mistakes and malapropisms, and sometimes he shoots off his mouth. Pdamaous policies work. Let's continue with more. One of the policies. Kamala Harris wants to bring to you his reparations based upon skin color. My next guest, gian Carlo conna Paro is going to talk about her policies what she wants to do. Do you hear the media talk about reparations based upon skin color? I don't think so. It doesn't fit. All the news that fits their bias they print. If it doesn't fit, they don't print it. Let's continue with more. Twelve fifty six Home of Your Reds tonight with Hunter Green? Are they about to go on a ten game stretch? All a news radio seven hundred. You will then believe this little lawful can tell that way that I was bad at them all Ahad of the Bowl Ad the bole, Bill Cunningham, the great American. Of course, we have now the VP selection that Governor Waltz the Socialists to work with Kamala Harris to fundamentally changed the country, which was the mission that began in twenty oh seven and twenty eight. And we try over the next several weeks to inform the American people as to the policies coming their way if Kamala Harris wins the presidency, and she will assume if she wins, along with the Socialists from Minnesota, I guess what this is what you want as an American. Giancarlo Connaparo is a senior Legal Fellow at the Heritage Foundation's me Center for Legal and Judicial Studies in gian Carlo, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. And the first question is this in the past, and she's never refuted this that Kamala Harris believes in reparations based I imagined upon and when you look at her history, when I go through various sources, it appears at her family, her father's family in Jamaica owned African slaves. So it gets a bit complicated. How would it work, How would Kamala Harris's support for reparations work for Black Americans? Who pays it? How much? And would it tear the American people apart.
Speaker 5: Well, these are all excellent questions which we've never got answers to from Kamala Harris.
Speaker 4: Although she does.
Speaker 5: Support it, it's not a matter of not repudiating. She has come out and endorse these proposals. At sort of a very abstract level, what she says is that some money has to be paid to black Americans for slavery and what she calls systemic racism in the system. Now what exactly that means, I don't know, But I've got a couple of questions for Kamala Harris about this right. So she says that reparations should go to black people, Well, you know, there are a lot of recent black immigrants from Africa and the West Indies. Her father is one of them. I mean, she is not a descendant of an American slave. Her father, she grew up here after the Civil Rights movement of nineteen sixty four.
Speaker 4: To recent immigrants get slavery reparations, well no, of course not.
Speaker 5: Do they get, you know, reparations for discrimination if they came here after we passed.
Speaker 4: The Civil Rights Act. That doesn't make a lot of sense.
Speaker 5: But even on the slavery question, it's not nearly as clear as supporters of reparations like Kamala Harris think, because only forty one percent of Black Americans, according to Pew Research, think that their family was enslaved in America, which means that, you know, if you use black as a proxy for slavery, it's a pretty bad proxy. But while we're talking about black, just who qualifies anyway? And who decides who qualifies? Do you qualify if your family, you know, if you are only half black or one eighth maybe or one sixteenth or does the government need to start measuring the quanta of your blood like it used to do in the South during Jim Crow?
Speaker 4: Do we really want to go there?
Speaker 5: And what happens if you only identify as black but maybe you're actually white?
Speaker 4: Like Rachel Dolisol? Do you get reparations? Are you black? Is it a matter of identity like sex is?
Speaker 5: All questions that just sort of reveal the absolute absurdity of these sorts of proposals.
Speaker 4: But you know, if we're going to be serious about them, like Kamala Harris seems to be, she needs to answer these questions.
Speaker 1: Well, you bring this up, Jane Carlo, I've done ancestry dot com that kind of stuff. I'm five percent black, and Cunningham name is all over the black community, but I identify as a white, Irish Catholic American. I'm an American. Do I get five percent? If I can show? Hey, wait a minute, I'm five percent black. The Cunningham name is all over the black community? Do I get five percent? And what if you were a slave owner and not a slave, For example, the family of Kamala Harrison in Jamaica, she's not the How do you do I get five percent of whatever someone else gets? And as a slave owning family, does Kamala Harris have to pay or get paid?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean, these are all all questions that have to be answered if these are going to be even you know, remotely non arbitrary.
Speaker 4: Of course, we're not getting answers to these kinds of questions.
Speaker 5: You know, you bring up a good point. I think about former President Barack Obama. His family, his ancestors were both slaves and slaveholders.
Speaker 4: You know, how do you thread that needle?
Speaker 5: Ultimately? You know, the only the only concrete proposal that I have seen for just determining how to give out these reparations monies is just to say, like what people in California have proposed, which is, we're just gonna allocate a huge lumps some money and we're going to give it to a bunch of liberal organizations that say they represent black people, and then they're just going to give out the money however they want.
Speaker 4: That, I kid you not, is the best most precise.
Speaker 5: Explanation that anybody has come up with to answer these complicated questions.
Speaker 4: And of course it's no answer at all. Right, it's just a recipe for cronyism, you know. But look, if I mean.
Speaker 5: We laugh, But look, these are serious proposals that have a lot of weight behind them on the far left, and they will have the weight of the president behind them if Kamala Harris is elected. So we unfortunately have to take them really seriously.
Speaker 3: And early on in.
Speaker 5: This call you mentioned you asked the question, you know, is Kamala harr is going to tear the country apart over these kinds of proposals. That's the only question that I actually have good answer to the answer is, yes, there.
Speaker 4: Is nothing in America more.
Speaker 5: Certain to tear the social fabric of this country apart than a racial spoil system. And that's all these sorts of things really are.
Speaker 1: But you know, you go and let's face let's face it, she is. That's good with her because the chaos she's done on the southern border isn't affirmative action and DEI, which the left encompasses completely. And God may God bless you. If you want to call her the queen of DEI, you'll be you'll be pillared. Read But Joe Biden was the one who said he wanted to pick a black female as Vice president, And Joe Biden was the one that said he wanted to pick a black female in the Supreme Court. So they practiced DEI and practice affirmative action, and then then dare you to even mention the fact that they do it, and it's your problem. But over the last fifty years, has an affirmative action and DEI been the essence of reparations?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you could certainly make that argument. The ideology is exactly the same.
Speaker 5: So the thinking goes, certain people are entitled to more because of whatever historical discrimination, even if they don't face it today, even if we've worked hard as a country to eliminate that sort of.
Speaker 4: Thing and to make it not okay.
Speaker 5: But it is a racial spoil system from top to bottom that says you certain people of a certain race are just entitled to better treatment than others. And that is toxic and that will, I mean, that will tear this country apart from top to bottom.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get into one other issue, Jian Carlo kind of paro, and that is growing up, we were told about an equal opportunity, employer, equal opportunity. That everyone now has an equal opportunity. And by the way, the Democrats were the ones of the racial spoil system. The Democrats were the party of slavery. The Democrats were the party of Jim Crow, The Democrats were the party of lynchings. The Democrat was the party of racial spoil system. That Democrats are the ones with Ku Klux Klan outfits in the nineteen twenties that marched up and down Washington DC avenues. It was the Democrats that did all this. But when I grew up, it was equal opportunity, give everyone an equal opportunity. And from that Kamala Harris, I guess claims to be black at this point, has been elected as a city prosecutor, a county prosecutor, the attorney general of California, US Senator from California, Vice President of the United States, and if the polls are right, maybe the president. How hard has it been for her to succeed magnificently in her area of study, which is politics, despite or maybe because of her color of skin. Explaining the American people the difference between equal opportunity as opposed to equity, those are different things.
Speaker 5: Explain that, Yeah, equity is the big buzzword these days. And equity means that you reach the same outcomes. It means that the government puts its thumb on the scale, it takes from some people who have a lot, gives to people who have less, that every.
Speaker 4: We run reaches the same outcome.
Speaker 5: And the basis on which the government makes those takings and givings decision is the color of your skin. That's racial equity, and that is what common here is all about.
Speaker 1: So we have a system now in which more money is spent on public education in urban areas than in most suburban areas. We have a situation now where it has been it's certainly the case among corporate America and elsewhere, colleges universities broadcasting that the color of your skin, your gender and your identity counts a whole bunch, because when we look at TV today, there are black faces and brown faces and gay faces everywhere we have equal opportunity, we have large numbers of individuals who have succeeded or not succeeded only because not because of the color of their skin, but the content of their character. And that does a look around today, and I work with black folks and Hispanic folks and gay folks and lesbian folks. It's okay, it's fine. But when the outcome is not the same. Now democrats want to say, well, after all, there's all this insipid there's all this unspoken, there's all this institutional racism that I can't prove by individual acts, but we all know it exists. So therefore, let's not only give equal opportunity, but when large numbers of individuals of color don't succeed by whatever means or method objective standards, let's make sure at the end of the day we divide up the pie and give them at the end of the day as much or more money than someone that went through the process and worked hard. When I look at the NBA, look at college football, look at high school whatever it is. I see great successes all the time from persons of color, but the equal opportunity argument is done. Why in your view, gian Carlo, what was the turning point and what was the reason we got rid of equal opportunity now we want the same results. Did that happen to in your mind? Did that come at a moment or simply we evolved into this, you know, in.
Speaker 5: A sense, it's always been around after the civil rights movement, but you really saw it explode right after we passed the Civil Rights tack in nineteen sixty four. Remember that's when they were all the riots, the black power, black panther kind of riots in inner cities. They had just won this massive legislative victory.
Speaker 4: But there had always been two civil rights movements.
Speaker 5: Right There had been Martin Luther King Junior, the old civil rights movement, who embraced, you know, equal opportunity, the content of your character, not the color of your skin. And then there were always the people like Stokely Carmichael on the other side, who hated that message and wanted the government to pick winners and losers.
Speaker 4: On the basis of race. It was anger, it was, you know, a.
Speaker 5: Sense of injustice and a sense that you know, you couldn't actually have a country where people treated each other equally without regard to skin color. That was naive, It was silly. What you really needed was power to force on people who didn't look like you so that you and people who looked like you could get ahead. And that's a really sympathetic audience. In predominantly wealthy intellectual liberals, they found that really comforting. There was a sense that the fact that nobody could ever actually behave and be color blind and free people well without regard to the coast and it gave them freedom. It absolved them of responsibility, right, So all they had to do is give a little money here, make the government solve some problems there, redistribute a little wealth here, and they could be good without actually being good. And that I think really explains it. It has just taken over liberal intellectual elite types and they're they're the ones pushing me.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 5: The crazy thing is, you know, if you actually go and you talk to your average black Americans and you tell them, do you think you can only get ahead in life if the government gives you a handout? There would be insulted by the suggestion you know, as they should be. I mean, it's absurd, but it comes from people like Kamala Harris who live in these intellectual bubbles. It makes them feel good about themselves. It makes them feel like they can solve thorny and complicated problems that don't beg for real easy solutions.
Speaker 4: But they have it well.
Speaker 1: The greatest population of poor people in America are white. Numerically, by far, the great majority of poor people are white. And I don't know how you have reparations unless you start with African tribes who and capture their own people and sold them. And I'm poaching from an article written by Thomas Sole about fifteen years ago, who relates that a story untold. By contrast, the number of people between eleven and twelve million slaves were taken from Africa and captured by African tribes and sold to Europeans and Arabs mainly, and we received about four percent of the total. About four percent came to America. The other ninety six percent were selt elsewhere. And the reason black survived in this country as slaves but not in South America is because despite the brutality of what happened in the southern plantations controlled a course by democrats. They were treated much better than those who went into the Amazon fours to clear out the trees, etc. They were just slaughtered. America received four percent of the slaves from Africa who were captured by African tribesmen. Can we go back to Africa and ask reparations from them for selling four percent of the slaves to Americans who were Democrats? Is that possible?
Speaker 5: Well, no, of course not. But you know what, You've hit on something interesting, which is what is it in America that is unique about slavery. It's not that we had slavery. It's not that we got our slaves from Africa. You know what's unique about America and slavery is that we ended it. We developed the philosophy, the Christian based Western philosophy that realized that Indian do human lives have value no matter the color of their skin. We went to war to end it. We sent fleets across the nation, across the world to end it. We stamped it out around the whole We're here first and around the whole world. That's what's unique about America and slavery, not that it happened.
Speaker 1: And Gian Carlo I had to point out historically that in the eighteen thirties the British Empire stopped it. In the eighteen sixties, America stopped it, but the African tribes and others, mainly the Arabs, continued the practice for centuries later. In today, the UN says today here we are in August of twenty twenty four, there's more slaves alive today than ever before. So we got into the tail end of the practice and we ended it. We stopped it will the the rest of the world. In South America and Africa and Arab countries. The word slaves come from Slavs, which are the European people enslaved by the Muslim tribes because they were attractive with blonde hair, especially the women. But slavery continued. Americas stopped it, Britain stopped it, but the African tribes and South Americans and the Arabs continued it even through today. There's more slaves alive today than ever before in human history. Jan Carlo conna Paro of the Heritage Foundation, I think the truth will set us free. And with the Akamala Harris types, it is a political slogan untethered to reality and Gion Carlo once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And gian Carlo. That's a great first name. You're a great American. Jan Carlo, thank you. I'd rather have your name than Bill, but Jean Carlo, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And possibly we'll do it again. Thank you, sir, Thank you very.
Speaker 4: Much, my pleasure.
Speaker 1: Bill, Thank you, God bless you. Let's continue. By the way, the truth will set you free. These are the facts. The facts bother you Bill Cunningham on seven hundred WLW Christmas.
Speaker 6: These children are not going to have them merry Christmas? How dare we speak merry Christmas? How dare we.
Speaker 3: Merry Christmas?
Speaker 7: Everyone?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 1: Quiet, and I'm I'm broadcasting saying that's your Kamala Harris.
Speaker 8: She's going to give a major speech. I guess Friday writer an economic plan right, Wow, Sean hit it again. If you love Christmas, do not vote for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 6: And when we all sing happy tunes and sing Merry Christmas and wish each other merry Christmas, these children are not going to have them merry Christmas? How dare we speak merry Christmas? How dare we merry Christmas?
Speaker 8: Everyone?
Speaker 1: If you're against Santa Claus, that's it. That's it. The low information voter will determine the selection, and that concerns me greatly. Without the necessary data upon which you can care, it's an informed ballot. We're in trouble.
Speaker 8: While I heard our award winning news at twelve thirty, there willie out and about and through the Tri State. And I was sitting there and thinking, now, the UAW is suing the Trumpster right because he said yesterday that was good for I as elon musk of fire workers. Yeah, and he can't do that. Who won't work? What else is going on? Chaos?
Speaker 1: We have nothing?
Speaker 8: But and then the Middle Age, that powder keg is about ready to explode.
Speaker 1: I may talk about that. After two o'clock I spoke to a very prominent Israeli Jewish leader in the Tri State. I may relate what's going on there, but say, give me some sports. But every time I look, we have nothing but chaos.
Speaker 8: Will he The Student reporters approb service of a local tame Star heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality you could feel in Cincinnati called Stacey Heating and air solutions five one three, Tim three six seven Tim h E A T what and also Willye, we want to thank Paul Luck and Dirk Spentley of McKinley Mortgage for our lunch today. Brought seven thousand super big boys in about eight thousand hot fudge cakes. So thank you Paul and Dirk's and Dirks sang a couple of songs while he was there.
Speaker 1: He likes to sing, and the thing ees it's great. So many Americans, about ninety percent of us have mortgages currently below what the rate might be. But McKinley and Paul Luck will tell you get your financial house in order, use the equity in your home to pay off high interest credit card debt. Segment It can be twenty percent, car loans can be nine, ten to fifteen percent. Why waste all that money? Get hold of McKinley Mortgage seven seven hundred to see how much money you can save. Segment.
Speaker 8: Willie, you have Spencer Steer Homer and consecutive at bats last night drove in five the Reds down the Cardinals six to one. That victory puts Cincinnata four back of a wild card spot. Hope springs he turned out game two to night. Hunter Green on the mound for the Red Legs five point forty Sports Talk ralse American Grill, Inside Pitch, the Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Inning Show after the game.
Speaker 1: Is Hunter Biden related to Hunter Green? No? Those two related.
Speaker 8: Brandon Williamson what hurt in spring training with a shoulder injury? Yeah, looks like he was the most consistent starter last year, but that was last year. He looks like he's going to finally start a rehab assignment next.
Speaker 1: Week with Joey Vado.
Speaker 8: I guess reliever Brent souter Man of Moeler partial tear in that shoulder. He's expected to face hitters in a live bullpen on Friday. You and I ought to be there live and then rehab assignment. I'd like to hint off him if I could Graham Ascraft with the elbow strain, here we go. Could be throwing in the next ten days. What about what about McLean? Wait a minute, Matt McClean shoulder surgery? Remember him? Second baseman suffered a stress reaction in his ribcade, so his rehab has been delayed.
Speaker 1: Talk to Dean Gregory about ribs.
Speaker 8: And then Nick Martinez bought well he's not. No, he's not hurt. He bought the entire team basketball uniforms. So maybe the Reds are gonna play basketball in the offseason.
Speaker 1: All Jersey.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: The Jersey Basketball Bengals update brought to you my Good Spirits, Wine and Tobacco and Party Town twelve locations in Northern Kentucky, largest bourbon selections in the tri State. Good Spirits and Party Town. Of course, their Bengals are on the field today. Big thing is Willie that they're gonna wear orange pants and a game later this year. And Stripe the Stripe the Jungle returns where the Bengals play the Browns on Thursday Night football kick off in December nineteenth and eight fifteen. You got to check out the The Stripe the Jungle map on Bengals dot com to see what color your section could be wearing for the game. So there's gonna be like a couple of sections in black, some of them in orange. So they you know they're gonna do it that way, eh, Yeah, unbelievable. And Mac also J J. McCarthy out of Michigan, is he hurt? Yes, Michigan and the Minnesota Vikings rookie quarterbacks is gonna undergo surgery to repair a torn meniscus in his right knee.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, he was.
Speaker 8: He complained about knee soreness over the weekend. Did he leave school early? Juff stayed.
Speaker 1: I don't. I think he did not. Okay, but they're cheaters anyway, right.
Speaker 8: Cleveland Brown's rookie defensive tackle Mike Hall Junior, I think out of the Ohio State University.
Speaker 1: Has he hurt?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 8: Charged with domestic violence in Avon, Indiana. He allegedly threatening a woman with a gun last night. Smart Bond said at ten thousand dollars, he grabbed a handgun during an argument, pressed, stood up against a woman's temple and threatened. He used a couple of bad words that we can't say. Your brains will be on the table.
Speaker 1: Uh you see? Bearcats defensive tackle Jalen Hunt, is he hurt?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 8: We'll miss the entire upcoming season for the Bearcats with a knee injury suffered in camp last week at higher Ground and transfer edge rusher Michaeh. Coleman is expected to miss the season with a lower body injury. So what Dante Corleone may be out for a while. Por leone, the defensive unit for the Bearcats.
Speaker 1: What about Mims? What about Mems.
Speaker 8: Bengl No, he's out several weeks with that strained peck muscle. How are you twenty two years old with a strained peck muscle?
Speaker 1: I have no ia. What is that?
Speaker 8: That's right there in your arm, right where I'm see everybody where I'm I'm going to it.
Speaker 1: But how do you get a peck injury? I don't know when you're twenty two blocking a league's cub action in soccer?
Speaker 8: Tonight the round of sixteen a t QL State FC Cincinnati hosting Philly Union seven o'clock ESPN fifteen thirty tennis. Cincinnati opened ten seed to Tommy Paul beat it beaten yesterday in an upset. What about Johnny Wolf? Jj Wolf? Was he lost in the qualifier over the weekend? What about the female there Sterns? What about her?
Speaker 1: She plays tomorrow? See what happens? Yep, let's see.
Speaker 8: Cincinnati Bearcats men's basketball program sold out as season tickets for the first time in five years.
Speaker 1: Say that again.
Speaker 8: Season tickets for the Cincinnati Bearcats men's basketball games are sold out. It's Miller time, Yes, it is and also Willie Frank Selvy, I mean guard for the Celtics. For Furman who scored an NCAA Division One record at one hundred points in a game and later played nine NBA seasons. Passed away today at ninety one. Mister Selvy is a as born in Corbin, Kentucky.
Speaker 1: You know, segment, there's another great legend passing away. Elmer Hensler of Queen City Sausage, Yes, Sir, passed away on Saturday morning, Yes, Sir, ninety four. His hand was being held by Sean Donovan, the Chief Deputy. And he started working in the West End when he was twelve years old in the sausage business for more than eighty years. He founded Queen City Sausage about sixty seventy years ago and worked like a dog all through his life and rich the lives of so many, put to work thousands of people making tons of Queen City Sausage, which is delicious, by the way, which is the best. And may Elmer Hensler rest in peace in the hands of God Almighty. Ninety four years young. He broke his hip about ten days ago and went to the hospital and when he got out had surgery. When he got out. He told Sean Donovan, you know what, Sean, I'm done. And they go through two to three months of rehab and he said, Sean, I'm done. So what do you do? God bless you, Willy. I'll tell you what. Queen City Sausage is the best, you know, sir, they beat the best and serve the rest. And I'll tell you what. Queen City Sausage great product and elm may a great man. Elmer Hensler ninety four years old and was a mobile till the last year or two of his life. Was in his little scooter and used to go to Jeff Ruby Steakhouse with Britney constantly. And great guy. And he'll be missed. We did Sausage Fest in Naples with Sean Donovan and Michelle Schneider and Elmer Hensler brought his entire crew down in Naples to serve Queen City Sausage. How about that? How about his number one customer is Kroger. So Elmer, wherever you are, thanks for your friendship and thanks for what you've done for the people that try. Stay amen. Alright, say tonight the Reds might go on a long streak if they can win two more from the Cardinals. Oh boy, they are tied with the Cardinals. And then welcome in the Kansas City Royals. They're not very good, are they? Kind of yes, I'm sorry. And then the next week, next week, from this week from today, they'll be in Toronto. Blue Jays aren't very good. But Joey Vado is Joey Vodo off the DL. He may be back with him. So this is the end of August and Joey Vado may finally play correct. And you wanted him to play for the Reds right sign one more year? Is what you said? I didn't see anything. Well I want to blame you anyway. Oh okay, but he's now a Blue Jay and he's still hurt. What's wrong with him? Ankle and back? Matt McClain didn't play last year, like the end of August or September. What was Matt McClain's injury last year? I don't know't it didn't play? No, So this year he's ready to play. Right, dives for a ball at second base, throws out his shoulder, his left shoulder right surgery. He's out correct, getting ready to play. He then hurts a rib. Is that correct? How do you do that. I guess you'd turn the wrong way or do something. He's only twenty five years old. He had a stress reaction. What does that mean?
Speaker 8: Do you you have stress in your life? Have a stress reaction? On this show every day?
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, Matt, I don't have any I L. Do we have an I L and iHeart? Shut up and go about your business. Mary Harty said, whatever you say, Wow, Marty, he's telling you to shut up or me to shut up. I think both of us shut up. Well, the fact is mcclean's got all the ability in the world, but damn it, he's got to get on the field. Am I right or wrong about that? That's correct, He's got to get on to get back. What the hell is a stress reaction and a rib? Tom Gregory would know, I don't know. Call crime check. We haven't called him in a while. Got more MRIs than RBIs, that's for sure. Stress. How do you get twenty five years old and have a stress reaction? How does Mims have a peck injury when he's twenty two? Don't ask me, Welly, I don't know everybody's heart. Are you hurt? Always?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Give me out of the students report, I can't take it anymore.
Speaker 8: Well, we say happy left Hander's Day, what everyone out there?
Speaker 1: And don't celebrate Christmas with Kamala Harris? How dare you to say such things?
Speaker 8: Segment we leave you with the immortal words of the stud report.
Speaker 1: I am a big, big fan of Bill Cunningham. The point is it was going after you segment. He's going after you, of course, which is the way it ought to be. Plus, he's in the house with Tracy Jones is here right, they're down the hall the big twenty nine. Just ask him, well, he's still pretty good. I think it is what it is. You could still play it is what it is. Tracy Jones making millions in the stock market. How much do you weigh? Well high way now what Tracy would always ask, I weigh one eighty six. What do you weigh too much? You just had a big boy in a hot fudge cake from Paul Luck was good too.
Speaker 8: That doesn't help, Thank you man, That doesn't help. Thank you, McKinley morgane.
Speaker 1: That doesn't help. Say it, say it, say it, thank you, Paul Luck and McKinley mortgage. Let's continue with more. The line becomes available five, one three, seven four nine, seven thousand seg. With your permission, I may open up the telephone calls. What on a Tuesday normally a little early? Aren't you a little bit early?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: I want to hear from the American people. If the election were held today, would you vote for Donald Trump or the woman who wants to eliminate Christmas? Those are your choices. Choose, but choose wisely seven nine, seven thousand or pounds seven hundred segment. Thank you, sir. Let's continue. Whenever stop, we simply continue. Make God bless Elmer Hensler and Sean Donovan, my buddy who was with him at the moment of his passing, passing on to his reward in heaven, and right now he is serving sausage to the twelve apostles on seven hundred Wow. President Trump says once again, Paul Luck and McKinley Mortgage is more than willing to accept your calls to talk about helping you get out of your credit card debt. Plus, I want to thank again Joseph Chevrolet, Joseph Automotive, Camargo Cadillac for making the lives of the players at the tennis tournaments so easy, providing up to two hundred Cadillacs through Camargot Cadillac under the leadership of Robert Joseph, Greg Joseph and George Joseph and very community minded companies. Let's continue with more and we have thousands on hold. I want to make one quick statement then we're going to move on, and that is that the great majority of the American people, believe it or not, do not understand or get involved with or study politics at all. Great majority of the American people don't vote, and those that do vote or committed one way or another, and they don't want to hear something to conflict with what their belief system is. I'm a conservative Republican, I'm a libertarian. I tend to vote Republican, but now and then I'll vote for a good Democrat, absolutely, especially in law enforcement, like Charmaine McGuffey. Absolutely, she had her class yesterday in which she admitted a whole bunch of brand new CEOs correction officers. She works it. And I supported Democrats like Dusty Rhoades for many decades, if not years, And I also have voting for Democrat when it come to judges. I know most of the judges personally, and damn it, there's lots of good democratic judges. So, but the majority of US don't know what's going on politically and don't pay the majority of American people do not listen to talk radio. They do not peruse the various websites that I do. They don't watch cable news and the great American right here. I watch Morning Joe on MSNBC, I watch CNN, I watch News Nation, I watch Newsmax. I spend I'm a news junkyard, love it, and I spend time with that. Yes, I do that. The uh You might recall Jay Leno did those sidewalk interviews in which he would ask questions like what language they speak in Britain. The answer came back French or British, seldom English. Can you name the governor of California? Great majority of time people who know right now, Mike DeWine's been in office about six years. About half of Ohioans couldnot name the governor of Ohio. And the great majority of Ohioans cannot name their US Senator or US congressman. They don't know. They spend their good lives in simple ways. They're so turned off by politics. They can't take it anymore. So I want to go to you, the American people. We have calls from Milford, the home of the Eagles, in Green Hills, and Loveland, and by the way, tomorrow I'm gonna have on the Attorney General David Yost, who calls to be indicted the city manager of Loveland on a child trafficking charge. Unbelievable, plus a call in Cincinnati. But when I did talk radio at night, it was largely driven by telephone calls from people like you. And during the day the research indication you want to hear more expert guests. But every now and then I want to go back and listen to you because in your name I broadcast, because of our great advertisers, and because of my ratings. I'm here and I'm damn proud to be here, and I want to stay here with you as long as I can. It may only be a couple more years, because you know, father time is undefeated, untied, unscored on. But when I wake up in the morning with a passion to come and speak with you, not to you or at you, but with you, and when it keeps me active politically to see what's going on, to give you information upon which you hopefully can cast an inform ballot that motivates me. Let's go to the calls. First. I have thousands on hold, and later on we have deb will be here about big brothers and big sisters. But we have Pete and Milor the Home of the Eagles, and then Jerry and Kenwood, Pete and mel for the Home of the Eagles, and Bruce Little John. Give me a full report. Pete, what is your answer to my question if the election were held today, who would you vote for? If anyone?
Speaker 3: Well, my answer is I'm not going to vote, because I've voted since nineteen seventy six. But the last election, when Donald Trump got ten million more votes than he got when he crushed Hillary Clinton, I kind of stretched my head and wondered, what the hell's going on here and found out that, you know, ten thousand votes in Georgia and thirty thousand votes in Pennsylvania. I just think the Democratic machine is too powerful and the six is on and I again, it's an honor to talk to you.
Speaker 1: Hold on, don't leave me, Pete. There are many Americans who feel exactly the way you feel. They give you some numbers and I've looked at him in the past. In the last election, Joe Biden allegedly received eighty one million votes and Donald Trump received it did receive seventy four million. So think about the number seventy four million that Donald Trump received. That is seven million more votes than Barack Hussein Obama received in either twenty eight or twenty twelve. You can recall the excitement of Barack Obama running for the presidency and he turned out Democratic voters tither and fro suburban voters, and Donald Trump out ran outcast Obama by seven million votes and still lost easily. Now, how's that possible? When Joe Biden didn't campaign, had no excitement at all. Something went on that the court system could not resolve. And I'm not so sure it's not going to happen again. But on the other hand, what do we do? What do we do? Pete? Do we sit here and just accept the inevitable? Do we fight like warrior poets for a country worthy to be what do you say?
Speaker 3: Absolutely absolutely not?
Speaker 10: Will we we?
Speaker 3: We've got to monitor what is going on with these voting and these drop off boxes and these trucks still have ballots, you know, in my day. I'm an old man. You went to vote. The voters were maintained there. They didn't be They were shipped around from god knows where and dropped off who knows where. We have to monitor the polls and monitor the voting, and we have to anyway. I'll leave it to you. Will you help us?
Speaker 1: Peet Peter. I am worth. This country is such a great nation. I want to pass on a country better than the one given to me by my parents. I want a good place. And I'm looking at this. When it was when we had you vote on election day and you show up at a polling place with an ID. Here I am, here's my driver's license, here's my voter I d I am a person. I'm standing in front of you. Here's my ID. I vote. It all began with thirty day to sixty day voting, in which democratic activists had time to pile in the batment, and then they create something like ballot harvesting. It used to be if Pete and Milford or Jerry and Kenwan wanted to vote, you showed up and you voted in most states. Now you have ballot harvesting, So you're gonna have a director in a nursing home with one hundred people there, sent out one hundred ballots and one person collects all the ballots, probably fills out most of them, get them signed, and then they drop him in a dropbox. That is wrong, and the Republican Party was part of that. And allowing people to vote for thirty days put me in charge. It'd be Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and then Tuesday you got five days to vote, and that's it. We've got to change the idea that we don't have voter ID and that we don't have drop boxes, and that we don't have ballot harvesting. It's a person voting and I'll work to get back to that. But Democrats will never agree to that pete because the current system is benefiting them and not the nation.
Speaker 3: Well, we have to earn back the trust of the American voter. And when you have a system like that instead of you know, you get your one day jay period of service and you mail in your asseny ballot from an APO. That's one thing, but we got to get the trust back an American voter. And I've lost my trust and for the first time in six years, I'm not going to vote six.
Speaker 1: All right, Pete, thank you very much for your call. Let's move to Jerry and Kent, Jerry and ken Wood, and then Chris and Westchester and Jerry and Kenwood. I must be close to us right here. Give me a full report.
Speaker 2: Oh, how are you doing, Willie?
Speaker 1: I'm doing well, Jerry.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to say, I'm going to vote for Trump and I love him, and I'm not too happy with the wine.
Speaker 1: I think he's a rhino.
Speaker 10: And I don't know why you're friends with him.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm friends with him. I'm friends with Democrats. In other words, my friendships are not based upon politics. Hell, when I play golf at ken I go out to Sharon Woods and play once a year. I'm with a bunch of other people. I'm not going to hurt. I'm not going to hold their political viewpoints against our friendship. I've known Mike DeWine since the nineteen seventies when he was a prosecutor in Green County. I've known him. You should ask him about his Haiti dealing with trafficking. Well, you know, he's got hit an orphanage in Haiti, and at this point it's it's closed because they're killing people. But I do not base my friendships upon political equations. Otherwise it wouldn't be friends with people in our newsroom. Chris and Westchester. Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. Chris, go ahead, hello.
Speaker 10: My friend. It is a greatness and an honor to speak to the great.
Speaker 1: American God bless you, and God bless Westchester, the home of the Voice of America and the Country concert.
Speaker 10: Okay, it was amazing. Now, really have you seen and you can pull up off. I'm pretty sure you too had it. They are literally they're they're lowering their standards to the point where they are literally using subliminal messaging. Now in footwear for kids, if you've seen him, the famous footwear commercial this year, We're back to school. This is the premise of the commercial. Okay. It starts out with a bunch of kids racing on these big wheels in the school yard, right and they're racing, and they're racing, and these two kids are and all of a sudden, it's down to the last two kids. And guess what they look like. One of the children are a pretty sweet, young looking African American girl, and the other boy is a white boy who's a little bit older. You can tell he's got a few more years on her. And yet they're the two that are in at the end of the race, and they're racing and racing, and all of a sudden, the the the pretty young black girl wins the race, and everybody's happy for her and this and that, and you can see the face on the older white boy is and he's got this grumb like twinty face, like Trump with me. And it's like, if you can't read the messaging in that right away, you're either blind or ignorant, or you shouldn't even think about being anywhere near a political arena because the as the messaging is so blatant. I'm like, okay, so now we're using children to try I mean, we're getting to that point that you're so desperate that you actually have to push children now to try to get the message across to their parents that you know, I mean, I know it's just a shoe commercial, but that racing kind of well, it's just it's still too too convenient for them.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, Chris, I saw it in the Olympics when two biological males who had x Y chromosomes won gold medals in women's boxing. Now it's one thing for men and women to play ping pong. I guess there's table tennis. I guess the male might have an advantage over a woman. I'm not so sure, but when you're talking about boxing and two males, so the X Y chrome zones who claim to be intersex and therefore identify as female can beat the crap out of two female boxers. And I have the quote from one of them. Let me see if I got the quote here from the one boxer that had her nose broken by the male boxer. She said, I've spent my life trying to win a medal here in the in the Olympics, and I'm beaten by a man who says he's a woman who's hit harder than anyone I've ever dealt with. And so it begins in small ways with like Jim shoe commercials, and then it metastasizes into the Olympics. You go woke, you go broke, is what I say. Go woke, you go broke. And why have a political message about tennis shoes for children? Why do that? Yeah?
Speaker 10: Exactly? And then you know what, let's be honest, those two guys, they still hit like a girl because that's the only wid They're the only one taking box because they are por have got the clocks, cleeve if they went up against actual men boxers, just like the guy who couldn't swim Leah Thomas.
Speaker 1: I had Raley Gaines on and here's Raleigh Gaines at the UK. She's standing there. She's about five foot six, weighs one hundred and eighteen pounds, and a guy named Lee Thomas was beating her. Uh and then he switched sides, became Leah Thomas with x Y chromezoon six foot four and beats Riley Gaines. You got to be kidding me. And I don't know why suburban women. This is one of Rocky Boyman's themes. What about the mothers and the suburbs who often feel guilty for their success. They want to vote for liberal Democrats. Look at what's happening to your daughters and to your granddaughters. They mean to tell me that that's okay with you. The answer is no. And I know that when it comes to an issue like abortion, people ears are plugged and their eyes are have the blinders on. They don't want to talk about it. I went to a governmental website Health and Human Services. They recommend that mothers, they call them people mothers, begin prenatal care between the sixth and the tenth week of pregnancy. Why would you begin pre natal care at maybe the sixth week of pregnancy if it's not a baby. One might ask the question, and you can't ask the question because you get the wrong answer and the right answer is damn it, that is a baby at six to ten weeks. You get pre natal care for a baby. You don't get pre natal care for a sister or a tumor. It's a baby. Explain that one to me.
Speaker 10: It can't be explained.
Speaker 7: I mean this.
Speaker 10: Unfortunately, in our country, stupidity runs ramping, not ignorance. Stupidity, Remember people, Ignorance is just not having the information. Stupid is having the information and choosing to ignore it.
Speaker 1: I may keep that one, Chris, say that again, because I'm stupid. I'm ignorant. I'm ignorant about a bunch of stuff. But damn it, I don't think I'm stupid. I'm ignorant about how to drive a truck. I'm ignorant about how to fix the TV. I'm magnorant about how to fix my COI pond, I'm ignoring about all kinds of things, but I don't think I'm stupid. A lot of people in this country. They claim that a lot of people in this country are stupid, but they're not ignorant.
Speaker 10: Oh exactly. And nine times out of tearing. Stupidity is, you know, the after birth of ignorance. It's just that simple. I'm sorry, but you know, here's here's a good example. Ignorant is picking up a gun and not knowing what it does, and pulling a trigger and being surprised. Stupid is knowing what that gun does, pilling up, pulling a trigger and being surprised. There you go.
Speaker 1: Thank you for your call. And one last thing before we move on, Chris, is that right now knives are being used all over Europe to kill the swifties, kill little girls. I would anticipate soon England's gonna have knife control, maybe a three day waiting period to get a knife. And before you buy a knife, only so many knives you can buy. You can't buy so many knives. Thank god, in this country we have the Second Amendment. Thank you for your call. Wonderful. Let's take a short break and if the line ever becomes available, which she never does five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, with your permission, I do this because of you, and I do this because of my great advertisers who pay the bills that keeps me on the air listening and you watching, et cetera. And I'm going to do more over the objections of my producer. I'm going to Sean McMahon and Dave. I may take more telephone calls because that last call in the first call were significant. So many Americans are turned off by the political system that they think is rigged, that they don't want to participate in a fraud. I'll say this to my friend in Milford, Ohio has a functioning voting system because of many, many secretaries of state in Ohio. We don't have ballot harvesting in Ohio. We don't have unattended drop boxes. In Ohio. We have voter idea, you got to prove who you are. Well, we don't have We don't have Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana. Are functional participate in a functioning democracy, Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana. Dammit, we have a functioning democracy. So vote two twenty six Home reds Tonight, Hunter, Green, not related to Hunter Biden on the Mound, Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred WLW, go ahead. That's not what people are interested in.
Speaker 11: You know, there's something wrong with people when they talk about freedom, freedom to be in your bedroom, freedom being your zamroom, freedom to tell your kids what they can read. That stuff is weird. They come across weird. They seem obsessed with this.
Speaker 1: The fascists depend on fear. The fascist depend on us going back. But we're not afraid of weird people.
Speaker 3: Now, we're a little bit creeped.
Speaker 1: Out, but we're not afraid.
Speaker 6: We all sing happy tunes. And when we all sing happy tunes and sing Merry Christmas and wish each other merry Christmas, these children are not going to have a merry Christmas. How dare we speak merry Christmas? How dare we.
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 2: Quiet?
Speaker 1: I'm broadcasting then with the little rocks. Think about no merry Christmas? Yeah, Kamala Harris on.
Speaker 12: That, on that issue alone, I'm not voting for Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Caroline. Shut up.
Speaker 12: By the way, Walls makes makes Tim Kane look stupid?
Speaker 1: Is he looking about this? It's weird? Weird? Okay? And why Is that a democratic talking point?
Speaker 12: I mean, you can call Trump and jd Vance aggressive and and you know angry, you not. But but weird is it doesn't fit. Weird is when you think a man should compete in women's him. That's weird, that's him. Whoever you are weird backers, weird, that's Atlantic, that's stupid.
Speaker 1: Well, the other thing you talk about weird, how about these grandmothers in Minnesota that had to shut down their small businesses and one of them went to jail for ninety days, and he kept opening strip clubs, big box retailers, and liquor stores. Now that's weird to tell a grandmother you're going to jail with your coffee shop. But if you're a strip club that the vikings attend to stick dollar bills, I'm sorry, twenty dollars bills in G strings. Now that's normal right there. You know what I'm saying, seg I've seen you stiff a few bucks in a G string in my time. Do you recalls lost and talks here?
Speaker 8: Well, the stood reportus approach service of your local temp Star Heating get air condition I wasn't the only one heating get air conditioning dealers ten tenen star quality you can feel in Cincinnati Callway Homing air and one eight eight eight nine nine six h v A C.
Speaker 1: What was that you I mean doctor Michae Lahan, Andy Mack and Brian Combs. We also want to say you're referring to.
Speaker 8: We also want to who got invited over to a big Joe's house where everybody was lounging.
Speaker 1: We also want to company Lear's Prime Market. He brought it up for the finest.
Speaker 8: It's like Perry Mason, the prosecution brought it up for the finest. Meets trust Lears Prime Market. UH full catering service de Luxe Delhi located in beautiful downtown Milford.
Speaker 1: Now we got a Bengals update. Now, before that, I was there as the den mother to keep an eye everyone else direct. That's well, that's true. You're right. You kept us out of and not enjoy yourself staged and spending mining get up on stage in the chair. I did none of that.
Speaker 8: Brian Combs didn't say good wine and spirit A good one, good spirits, wine and tobacco and party town with twelve Northern Kentucky locations. Bengals punter Brad Robbins hurt warming up this afternoon, limping off the field before the workouts. Look like in the video from five nine, twelve, nineteen and forty eight and CNN, that looks like he has an upper right leg injury.
Speaker 1: It wasn't pretty. He's warming up, punting, warming up? Do you punt with the right LEGO the left leg? Which which legs he punting with?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 8: I guess you better be ambit destric No, wait a minute, but he's better putting with a right LEGO.
Speaker 1: Listen to the rest of the injury report. This is not good. This is the not quite the middle of the about memes about mems with a peck? What happened there?
Speaker 9: Rock?
Speaker 1: What's a peck? What's a chest? But isn't that something kind of bad?
Speaker 12: To your point, it seems a little young to get an injury like that. Usually, like you get that when you're bench pressing and your like, you know, like.
Speaker 1: When I'm lifting fifteen pounds at night in front of light. I'm doing my fifteen pounds in front of Penny got this got the sixth sweat sweating. I'm sweating, and she's saying, how do you know? He just do you know? His house character? Here is just tell the truth. You're over this house at night. He's looking in the windows. But tell me the injury with the Bengals, the Reds, the bear Cat. Brandon Williamson is uh. Let's see.
Speaker 8: He's expected to start a rehab assignment next week. He's coming off a shoulder injury from spring training.
Speaker 12: By the way, I mean when it comes with football, I thought we we gave up on the padded practices in the two days to keep everybody healthy.
Speaker 1: Seems more. I mean, it seems to me like we're getting just as injured, if not more. Please continue.
Speaker 8: Well, the one guy's playing with a fractured nose down there, he can play with it.
Speaker 1: Fractured news, you can reliever.
Speaker 8: Bred Suitor, the man of Moeler, has a partial tear in his shoulder. He's expected to have a live BP session on Friday, then off.
Speaker 1: To a rehab.
Speaker 8: It's Roger Bacon Graham ash Craft the elbow strain he could be throwing in the next ten days. Second baseman Matt McClain, coming off of shoulder surgery yes from the beginning of the season. Yes, recently suffered a stre reaction in his rib cage.
Speaker 1: He's out like somebody punched.
Speaker 12: Him or something, and then he was rehabbing so hard that it affected his ribcake. Just reading what they're saying stress the reading Gregory knows about stress reaction in his rib cage.
Speaker 1: That's what I do when I eat Montgomery in. I don't get that one away. You go, he's gone. What about the bear Cats was.
Speaker 8: Without defensive tackle Jalen Hunt. He's going to miss the season with a knee injury suffered last week in camp at higher Ground. A Corleone, you know who knows if he's going to come back. Transfer edge rusher Micah Coleman expected to miss the season with a lower body injury.
Speaker 12: Corleone was out there running around today, So I think we're back in a couple of days.
Speaker 1: Guys on all weeks can't refuse quick, quick, quick. So is that it's added the injury report?
Speaker 7: Well?
Speaker 8: And also Rock don't forget now, and I believe it's what is this? Oh, they're going to stripe the jungle. Certain sections are going to be orange and black on the Thursday night game against the Browns in December, and that's when I guess the Bengals are gonna wear their orange pants.
Speaker 1: Or the first time pants, first time ever. I guess I have orange pants. Got lower injuries. You got rib injuries, got shoulder injuries, got leg injuries. The season hadn't started yet and we got injuries.
Speaker 12: It's not good at Memses hurt because the knock on him coming out of college was behemoth of a man. I mean, if you sculpted a offensive lineman, that's what you can create.
Speaker 1: But he didn't have the experience.
Speaker 12: How do you get experience if you can't practice, if you're on the shelf, how do you lift.
Speaker 1: If you can you can't. I'm left in fifteen every night he again was not in front of Petty.
Speaker 12: Only going to get good at playing offensive line is to play offensive line?
Speaker 5: Is that it?
Speaker 1: In sports? What's on the Big Show today?
Speaker 12: We actually we're talking to Mike Schneider right out of the gate, co host of TAM in Cleveland about the Browns moving out to the burbs.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: Oh, is that gonna happen with the Bengals? I heard you with Jason Williams yesterday. Oh no, yet, we're gonna have to see you. Gonna talking to Mike at three o'clock. So they're going to get the dough, the ray to me, they get their the rain to me. They'll be out there pronto, Warren County Country, get me right where they're at. Dev Haas coming up also known as missus Eddie Fingers to talk about Eddie and their private life. What are you doing? That's a man's wife. Take it easy, very well, I bet you do. There's one get me out of the student's report.
Speaker 8: Willie and honor of a crazy Tuesday here at the tri State. We leave you with the immortal words of the stood report.
Speaker 6: Give me a ven diagram every day of the week.
Speaker 1: Jee, there we go. Please Christmas and ven diagrams. Can't wait for that impossible? Tell you no more. I dare you to celebrate Christmas? Okay, Christmas everyone? Thank you? Tell that maybe the future president's going to ban Christmas. Your kids will go crazy.
Speaker 12: Now that's all storm the Capitol people can get around.
Speaker 1: Who we can't have that? Well, let's find out simple. I want simple policies that people, all of us, but none of us, should be stupid. You got that saying speak for yourself on seven hundred WLW. Now would you really be known as dev hass or missus Eddie Fingers or missus Eddie Johnson. Which one would you like?
Speaker 7: Doug john Go, I want to just hyphenate missus deb has fingers.
Speaker 1: It doesn't sound accurate. It sounds like I'm almost rated R. So we won't deal with that. But uh uh, Big Brothers Big Sisters, get that out of your mind. Big event coming up? Tell first of all, tell Tony Bender what does Big Brothers Big Sisters do? And one is the big event coming up to help?
Speaker 7: So okay, I'll start, so they just everybody get right now, just kind of mark your calendars for Friday, October eleventh, and we'll come back to that. But so Big Brother's Big Sisters We've been around for over one hundred years and basically what we do is to help kids reach their full potential. So we match kids in the community with a mentor a positive adult role model, just just somebody who can show them you know, you're somebody who cares about them that that doesn't have to and U and when you know, in our in our community based programs, Bill, when you become a big brother, you'll go and pick your little brother up from his house maybe on a Saturday afternoon and just go out and you know, you can run some errands, you can stop at a park, you can take into the radio station just talk about you know, just talk about life and talk about school and what the potential is for the future and those sorts of things. And we also have a site based program, which is when I see my little sister, I go to her school in Newport and to see her once a week during lunch and three have programs like that as well. So we work really hard to make it work for the volunteers. And I just hope people understand the difference that just showing up being consistent to a child, it means the world to them. The kids are facing some challenges or they you know, wouldn't be with us, but these are are really good kids whose parent or guardian realizes that you know, another person in their life can can make a huge difference.
Speaker 1: So what are the ages of the children?
Speaker 7: Generally, typically whenever we matched them, it's about seven to about fourteen or a few exceptions on those ages, but that that's typically where they are. And then we ask people to say that they'll stick with it for a year for you know, in our site based programs that's weekly during the school year, and the community based that's you know, two to three times a month just to just again maintain that consistency. And and so the year is again if you move where everybody understands that things like that happen. But but we like to start off with that because that really starts with a position of strength so that the kids don't kind of have a disappointment. But if you if you feel like you can do it for a year, and then what we find is that rarely do they end after a year. Once folks are doing it and get to know the kids and they just really stick with it, and it's it's just amazing to see the different and sit the snakes to these kids. I've been with the agency for over sixteen years, and I am I love I love May because that's when a lot of the kids graduate. And these are kids who's been in the program and a lot of them since I've been here, and you just can't believe the number of them that are the first in their families to graduate high school and then to come up with some post secondary education plan, whether it's college, the military, a job that they've got because they're big brother or sister kind of pointing them and help points them in a direction and then they just they just succeed And it is amazing to watch this happen time after time, kid after kids and deb hash.
Speaker 1: You're looking for adults, men and women that are willing to time commitment. It might be as little as three to four hours a week or a little bit more, and it's not a big time commitment. And if you've tried for six months or a year and don't like it, there's no requirement you continue. But I know from big Brothers big sisters that once you begin with a child, a boy or a girl that's seven, eight, nine, ten years old, you develop a relationship, you play golf or play pickleball, to do something else that becomes part of your life. And so what is the phone number if adults have some free time that they can.
Speaker 7: Call, well, better better than that, really, bill is? I would suggest that they go to our website because there's so much information on there that they can't it's just Bigs for Kids and you for this for so Big for Kids dot org because I think a lot of people do have some questions about you know, what is that time commitment and what are you know? Because we serve thirteen counties within our Greater Cincinnati service area in Ohio, Indiana, and northern Kentucky. So we have we have kids waiting, you know.
Speaker 2: We right now we have almost.
Speaker 7: Two hundred kids on our waiting list, and we would love for some of your listeners to just check out the website, see what's involved, and then and then give us a call because they may continue to have questions that they can apply online to be a big as well if they just want to push right through.
Speaker 2: And get started.
Speaker 7: Because again I appreciate your words because you're absolutely right that you have can have an impact. I rely, I had a little sister and I own. She was only with me in the site based program for one year and she was in first grade, and she moved away, and then she got back in touch with me when she was in high school, and I was on the phone with her and her mom, and she told me that I'm going to start to get too, But she told me that the things that I taught her in first grade, because she was really an angry, angry little girl, and understandably so with her life experience. But she told me that every time she starts to get angry about something, she just takes a breath and thinks about how to best react. That has the best impact on her. And that was from first grade. And when she was in high school she called me to crying telling me that she couldn't wait to graduate from high school and go to nursing school.
Speaker 1: Big brothers, big sisters. Deb has need many many to step up. And once again, we'll talk again in October when the event gets closer. But once again, you're doing the Lord's work. Don't curse the darkness. Light a candle and debs.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So pickleball October eleventh, aces Pickleball and kitchen. We need we need sponsors. We need people to sign up and you can go to our website and get information.
Speaker 1: Debajas, thank you very much. Give my best to Eddie Fingers next time you see him.
Speaker 7: I'll see him pretty soon.
Speaker 1: So thanks God bless you. Let's continue with more news next You're Home of the Reds and one Hunter Green on the Mound. Hunter Biden may be in attendance on news Radio seven hundred WLW News Traffic and Weather News Radio seven hundred WLW, Cincinnati.
Speaker 9: Ford says don't drive certain of their models because of safety reasons.
Speaker 1: This is a three o'clock report. I'm Matt Reese.
Speaker 9: Breaking now new warning for people who drive certain Ford vehicles because of airbags. Airbag explosions have killed twenty seven people in this country, according to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration numbers.
Speaker 8: For It is now ordering owners of several popular cars and trucks, including the Mustang Fusion and Ranger, not to drive their cars and to visit a dealer immediately.
Speaker 12: It goes back to a faulty air bag inflator made by the company Takata that could throw dangerous shrapnel around the car if the airbag goes off.
Speaker 1: Ford has already issued several recalls related to this that do not drive order only applies to those who have still not had their vehicle fixed. Mike Debuski AB dudes, and no