Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Deep Blue Sea the Podcast. I am Mark. If there's blood, there's more blood Hoffmeier.
Speaker 2: And I am Jay. Oh wow, fluid, Welcome to the podcast. On this show, into the entire deeper seizure already seen by scene. We're doing it again, but not today. Today we are continuing two things, will continuing a You're a Reptiles, also continuing our exploration of the Anaconda franchise with Anaconda three Offspring. I forgot to write an intro featuring offspring songs. I'm sorry. I wrote a note to.
Speaker 1: A bunch of snakes come out and play and uh, let's see spring. We can do it.
Speaker 2: There's no there's no kids in this the kids on now. You can't say that.
Speaker 1: I would say the movies already fly for a straight to TV snake movie, but I won't. It's good that people got a job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's not a lot of repetition they can't repeat in the script. I'm flaming already.
Speaker 1: I think if people watch this movie, they might have lower self esteem, or if they made this film, they might have a lower self esteem. At first, I thought I wanted them, wanted you bad. I saw the the DVD and I was like, I want you bad, but then I.
Speaker 2: Went, no, it does house Hope. So it's pure Americana.
Speaker 1: So it's I started watching Anaconda four because in my head I made up a narrative where the Anaconda Anaconda four. No, I in my head, I believe that Anaconda three started Brigitte Nelson, Neil Neil, now you know Brigit, Yeah, Nielsen, Brigitte Nielsen. And I don't know why. I just saw the I never looked close to the posters or whatever it was. I'm like, all right, so three is Brigitte Nielsen. So I put it on. I'm like, I'm pretty sure Hasselhoff is, like Hasselhoff is in this one, and he didn't pop up for a long time. So then I like, I paused to be and I looked at what I was like, what this isn't say Anakona three. So then I typed in Anaconda three and it was a different one with Hasselhoff on the poster. But I'm swear to you, Jay, I thought the poster for Anaconda four was Anacon three, and I thought Brigitte Nielsen was in it. I and you know, me I'm all about research. I get hired for research jobs. So I wasn't being lazy. I'm not being that guy that's like, you know, I didn't even watch the movie. I didn't like research it. I just I just that's what I made up in my head, and I was completely wrong. And now I've watched a lot of Anaconda four. But I've also watched Anakon of three.
Speaker 2: Well mean, we'll talk about four eventually, which as I know that it's like a continuation from this one because they filmed them back to back. Yeah, the presents film and thinking you must be thinking of his Cobra. That's the only thing I can think of, this same Conda.
Speaker 1: Let me look cob What year Cobra ninth like NY six? Oh no, no, I'm telling you, I swear an I could have sworn that Anaconda four was I thought that was Brigitte Nielsen. I'm the poster, but it's not.
Speaker 2: It doesn't have been in any kind of creature feature. So she seems to have escaped them.
Speaker 1: But look at the poster for Anaconda's Trail of Blood. It's Crystal Allen. Crystal Allen. But I'm telling you that looks like Brigitte Nielsen from A Ways Away.
Speaker 2: Sure, yeah, I can see that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Anaconda three Offspring stars as we said, it's directed by Don E. Foltleroy and it stars Crystal Allen as a herpetologist working in a pharmaceutical company. I think it's the same one from from Anicon to two where they're trying to it turns out the blood or kid doesn't work on mammals, which includes humans. So all of that was for nothing. But they have created a giant anaconda for reasons. I'm not sure. They're still trying to do the whole life longevity thing. John rays Davies is in this film as the as Murdock as the head of the facility. This is the suit and he's dying of cancer, so he wants to sort to be expedited. He physics facility aggravates the anaconda with a flashlight. It breaks for Garl's escapes, and so they bring in some hunters led by David Haswelf Stephen Hammett to take it down, and hilarity and many, many many beheadings ensue. This is the shape a snake that only seems to eat heads, heads, just heads.
Speaker 1: They had one body that could shoot blood, and they just reused it forty seven times.
Speaker 2: Oh and the snake also has a giant spear under his tail. It's just as an effect of the mutation.
Speaker 1: This movie should be called Anaconda three. Walking around the woods and walking them walking around Romanian.
Speaker 2: Woods, interspersed with so much shooting, so much gunfire. This is the shootiest film we've ever covered.
Speaker 1: It must be just you know why these movies are ninety minutes long. So when you sent me this thing, I think I looked at the other one. I'm like, it's ninety minutes, and I was pretty excited about that. But then I learned that these films so on IMDb, these movies have a two point eight and two point nine score, and that's kind of that's generous because these aren't really movies. The one thing that these movies do is every single shot lingers too long. So I'm watching this film and I'm like, that's shot that is what five seconds too long? Yeah? I went that started five seconds too early and it ended five seconds.
Speaker 2: The guy looking for the goat in the bomb, oh yeah, the barb the bar Oh, he's just like we see him stand up at the house, kind of looking around, strolling across the field, shut at the sky, shout at him, shout at the sky, just walk in silence. Gets to the barn, looks around, doesn't say anything. Here's something, goes to the ladder, out the ladder, looks around, doesn't see anything. It is interminable, just and.
Speaker 1: Then and then there's a scene where a guy dies and Crystal Allen is just like, we gotta save him, we gotta save him. I don't know how to save him. What save him? Like, well, we gotta save I don't know what I'm doing. And they're just yelling at each other for seven minutes while they're trying to save a guy who was not important at all in the film. There's a second in command and he's just not important, and they try to save him for forty three minutes, and it's it's like every scene in this movie. I'm telling you, this is the movie where people they run into the Romanian woods and then they keep the camera there for five seconds on nothing, and then it cuts to something else.
Speaker 2: The worst is that the closing shot, there's a closing shot of just a tree like in a kind of sunset, and it lings It's like a Terrence Malick film, and it just kind of lingers on it. It's you think, Okay, the credits are going to roll over the tree, but it's just a static show a tree for such a long time, and then it cuts to the credits after ages. Oh yeah, it's this film kind of broke me. We've done a bunch of bad films in a round, and this.
Speaker 1: Is the worst. This makes great Jay, This makes Great White look like Jaws comparatively great. Yeah, Great White is a movie. They have a tank, they have a plot, they have really decent cinematography. The tank works really bad, but it's a film. Great White is a movie. I'm not a fan of it, but comparatively, that movie is incredible.
Speaker 2: Like that's I will say, it makes like Jewels two.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to go to the quite Jows three. I love all of them. But it's I would watch If someone said, Mark, which would you watch Great White twice or this one once? I would watch Great White twice because there's a plot to that movie. This one's just I swear to you. The same track of Romanian woods are used three hundred and seventy eight times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're right. Yeah, I watched it twice. No, not something I would recommend.
Speaker 1: The only thing, the only oh sorry, go Jay. Sorry. The only positive note was the farmer he had worn in clothes, So yeah, like those existed years before the movie started, and so then they just slapped him on the guy. There's probably some a farmer's real dirty clothes. I'm like, oh, those actually look like nice worn in clothes. That was my one positive thought. And then there's a scene where the snake scientist she has a white tank top and then she switches to a black tank top.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so everyone else so that they the first act, it takes place at the research facility, and everybody else is wearing white coats, fully dressed, fully covered up. When she used to her running in a tank tub. She arrives out of the facility, she's like still then one with like bare shoulders, and she has changed from one into another tanktob and later into a different tank tub. She's this is a three tank top.
Speaker 1: Film for her.
Speaker 2: Everybody else fully clothed throughout.
Speaker 1: There's a scene where she is walking down the stairs looking there they have she has a handgun against a sixty foot snake with a spear tail. Amanda Hayes, doctor Amanda Hayes, and I swear to you. She I keep saying, I swear to you. She's walking down these stairs for what feels like three minutes, and she's with the boxer. She's with a guy who is known as a boxer, and he's going down looking for sixty foot snakes.
Speaker 2: Which when when when she used to him is like, hey, and what boxer? I'm like, this guy is gonna punch a snake. You're gonna see this guy punch a snake and he never punches a snake? Why was he a boxer? Was established?
Speaker 1: He's the one guy I liked. If I had to say, Hasselhoff is a disgrace.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: This is paycheck movie for him.
Speaker 2: This is as an actor and a character, both are both are equally bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's pawning off rhino horns, just just garbage, but this is a movie. Hasselhoff didn't care one bit, Like he just too. I wonder he's just there for probably I guarantee you he's there for three days making this movie. And he's like, I'll be on the poster, give me some cash, I'm out of here. He didn't care one bit. But I do like the boxer. I kind of went, he's trying, like I all the other extras, all the other hunters I did. I just liked even the actors. I'm like, I just don't have nothing. But I liked the boxer. I thought he was I don't know, he kind of had like you know, I don't know he tried.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and well there's there's a pink as the other guy who works the He's like, he's a real mean his same is pinker, so he's a dewep. But I felt like the actor was was trying, not as it wasn't as good as the boxer guy, but like he was he was trying as well. He came off as like an irrit irritating kind of nerdy de weep guy, which that's not that's not nothing. It's bad, but it's not like he's not a zero.
Speaker 1: Yeah he that's fair something there, yeah he ye. It's just the same plot of woods for ninety minutes and okay, Jay, you're you have a snake that's sixty feet long.
Speaker 2: You have the repeat again and again and.
Speaker 1: Again class in the History of the world. But then you make air vents that are big enough for a sixty foot snake to crawl through. Yeah. See that's a big snake. That's make five air vents small ones if you have that big of a snake, Like, it's just I don't know. This is one of those movies. It's two point eight on IMDb, and you and I are typically pretty chill.
Speaker 2: We try to be positive about these things.
Speaker 1: But you know what, though, I guess you know, you know, for me, if I can see that there's a decent plot they tried, what are the circumstances, I will back a film. But this one had zero interest in being anything. You know, there's nothing this It's like, it's not a movie. It's not a movie. I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's I mean, yeah, we'll find out. We got to four because for what you see for the story continues, I believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah. But there's a guy that's kind of funny in it. I like him, but he's clearly miserable, miserable in it, but he's trying. And yeah, I think from what I saw for I liked it more than three. There's a scene where they go these snakes, what we get from them will kill cancer and Alzheimer's you're like, that doesn't deep to see, Like that Tiffany movie we watched was better because like, at least that was at least I got. I got into that movie in the beginning because like, these people are psychopaths, and I kind of enjoyed that this one though, Man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean there's a scene in this where one snake breaks into the snake out of prison and it's off the screen, and I'm frustrating this off screen, So I would have loved to have seen that. But yeah, it's like in terms of scenes, it is just it's just as you say, it's just wonderings. It's this happens at the farm, and then people shop at the farm. It happens again at the farm. There's a car chase, the car flips, but it's not it's not anything like Hashoff shows up and is a third Like he's as you say, he's introduced selling right at horns. He's like, I don't know if we're supposed to like this guy at any point in the film, because you can't be selling right horns. But he then kind of becomes the hero and leads the action for a while until everybody unnecessary he'll turn right at the end. But whilst he's been he's introduced selling Ryan horns. There's two guys he owes money to who like tried to rob him on the way out, and he takes a phone call whilst being robbed and they let him and it's supposed to be like a comedic scene, but there's no jokes in it and it's not. Because he takes the call and he's like, yeah, okay, I'll be up, I'll be busy right now, I'll be there, and he's like, wait, hang on, guy, go in my throat, what's what's your name is?
Speaker 1: My name is?
Speaker 2: Oh, it's for you, and hands in the phone and the guy takes the This isn't This isn't from this film. This is a bad scene. Why did they do this? This isn't good, you know?
Speaker 1: I uh, I have my notes from anakon to three wrapped in here. So there's a scene where they talked about being slaved to the rhythm and anakin of four. I was like, when did that happen in this jay? But all right, I'm gonna read some notes to you. Okay. There's that stupid scene where they're like, a you're gonna get a proctologist to get my foot out of your butt and you're like, oh no, and then you're like, you have twelve hundred pounds of crushing pressure. Reminds me of my first wife.
Speaker 2: Oh no, that was sorry, that was hang on wrote it down.
Speaker 1: Ah, there's this figure faster, stronger, meaner. That's a deep Lucy DVD quote.
Speaker 2: But it was completely motionless, just like my first wife.
Speaker 1: Oh just you're just like what is happening?
Speaker 2: But yeah, they say that the snake is bigger, fast, and stronger, and hell of what mew so? So yeah, that's curiously And then later the doctor has has a speech which they're saying they also the snakes DNA to a stand the new drug serum and it made it bigger and put a sharp spike on the tower. And it's like, yeah, we've we've heard this speech. Safron Borus gave it like ten years ago.
Speaker 1: Inciting incident is a flashlight? Yeah yeah, and why are you shining a flashlight on it?
Speaker 2: That's not going to work because you've got glass. It's going to reflect off of the glass. It's not gonna you see it any better. John Davis, I feel sorry for him that he's in this because he's a great dramatic act He's been in iconic films and franchises, and he's been reduced to being in two Anaconda films.
Speaker 1: Paycheck doesn't do anything in the fourth one either, He's just standing around. It's like Billy Zane Lutterin or No, yeah, Billy's and I don't think leaves a chair in Blood Rain, and then Ben Kingsley's in the Name of the King. I don't think he doesn't leave a chair. They sit in a chair for three days, shoot their scenes and they're out. So it's like, I think they found a way to go to Europe, work for four days and make some cash and get out of there. So I guess you're yeah, And there's so things checked out though. It's like those. It's like the I wor comic cons for many years and they're actors that would sell it, like Ernie Hudson and Chopin and his Goo Sbuster's uniform and chat with people, and he would be outside his booth hanger and everybody. Henry Winkler was the nicest dude you'd ever meet. He was just outside chat with people. Doug Jones loved it. He was like awesome talking everybody. And then there were the ones that were just miserable to be there, like you're getting paid and you just the look on their face, You're just they were miserable. And I kind of feel like Rehys Davies and Hasselhoff were like that in this movie. They're like, we're getting paid. We're getting paid more than all these people. We're working for four days and we're not gonna try. That's when I get annoyed. Does that? Does that make sense to you?
Speaker 2: Like they're not And like, yeah, has crapped up a couple of times on this show. We've covered it. We've covered Congo and a great guy.
Speaker 1: He did another film he did did even if there was no one else commits Yeah, and it was if the consuct he would just be like who cares. He would just go talk to people. He would make the best of it. Like I did a convention once Ina, Sorry, oh there it is ninety nine. He's the shock I'll never forget Momoa in like twenty sixteen, was at a Des Moines, Iowa convention and nobody was there, so he just started drinking and chatting with people like he made the best of it. He was just hanging out like we were. We were like look at each other and be like, what's up? Like that was like he was just cool with everybody. Always had a drink. He was like, no one's here, I'm just gonna get drunk. So he he was cool, like he made the best of it. Other ones were just miserable and like what we're rude to customers. I don't know. I guess I get annoyed when I watch these movies and it's like, you just did this for a paycheck. I don't even think you got the lines right in this, and so it's it's like, I know the whole movie is not professional, but when you just see that, it it it's like another strike against this movie, not like my comic con career. Just I'm not trying to bring in my comment, but I just I remember feeling the people who like made the best of it and we knew that they were getting paid just to sign autographs, and then there are people who are getting paid and were just miserable about what they were doing there. So it's I don't know, that's why I feel like this movie is I got some more notes for you I have. Let's see guard takes out, guard takes off vent lo ol flashlights. Dumb at M teller? Did he kill the guy by throwing them out of a window? And then I put, let's see.
Speaker 2: Uh no, because I go to an ATM teller, one that dispenses some respect and.
Speaker 1: Like nobody knows them better than me. That's what the scientist says. What you don't even I know these snakes? Oh jay. There's there's several scenes that do flashbacks the prior scenes in the movie.
Speaker 2: There's a scene where the scientist she has a flashback to all the deaths, including one she just saw like it issually just happened that it's included in that flashback of deaths. These are snakes, of course, as if we don't know what film we're watching.
Speaker 1: The only bit that got me happy were the tanks, the switching of tank tops, because I went she went from a white tank top to a black tank top, or a black tank top to a white tank top like what's called.
Speaker 2: In this mode science tanks.
Speaker 1: And then let's see I put lingering on shots for too long, wasting time, seven minutes of yelling flashback again, oh man, call the army, great white Hunter. There's blood. There's more blood. Oh. The final line of this film when she kills a snake or one of the finy final line, happy trails, slimmy biach. I don't know if we can say that word on here because we're PG, but it's just happy trail, slimy, you know, slimmy b that's a I kind of wondered, a I clearly didn't write this because it was two thousand and seven. This movie a two thousand and eight, so you know, but I don't. I don't think a human wrote this. I mean maybe something out lost in translation snake, right, but this is not This is not a The guy.
Speaker 2: Who wrote that in a human didn't write the line. I just hope you're as good as you think you are, replied with no, I'm better. What does that mean? That you're better than you think? Like you're you're the ones I'm saying that I'm better than I think I am? How can I How does that make any kind of sense?
Speaker 1: And listen, this guy who worked on this he understood English because he so like he's for the poster because he's been a steady cam operator and a a shooter like he worked on Dance Flick he worked on a feast. He yeah, exactly. He was a second assistant camera on Old School. He worked on a camera on Daredevil. So Nicholas ud David Off he understood, like he he has a grasp of English language. You know the other guy he's written. Oh no, he just wrote the Anaconda movies. I don't even know where he can. He worked as an assistant to producers, so it's just an assistant. So he just worked as like an assistant. So I don't know David c Colson, David c Olsen. So it's it's like, but no one, no one wrote this. This movie wasn't written by humans. I don't. I can't accept that, Jay I just like I don't. I don't. This This isn't how a A I would speak. This isn't how people speak. You know. If I guess if I had to write a movie in you know, Korean and use the Korean language, I.
Speaker 2: Would reconsult someone who could speak Korean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I would still butcher because because things would get lost in translation or maybe something I said wouldn't make sense. So you're right, I would go to a I would hire somebody and just be like, hey, you know what is this? Does this word translate? Maybe I can write this in English and you can help me translate it. Like let's get to a point where people don't hear lines and go, well what does that mean? So it's it's I would I would try like this jay this movie. It's not like they're just from they just grabbed a romanium a couple who worked at a grocery store and had to write this film on spec like they this, this was a script people read from. Yeah it's horrifle.
Speaker 2: Yeah it's it is it is and like dialogue aside, there's even like the snake has a tracking device in it. It sheds its skin and sheds the tracking device. Five seconds later, Halshoff shows up with another means of tracking the snake. So there's no there's no purpose for any of it. And it's like, oh, thank god you're here, we can track the snake. Is like, oh, yeah, you're here. Oh the snake shirted skin, don't worry, I've got a tracker. What was what's the point was? I don't understand. I spoke my notes. We haven't got too They show lots of shots of like Johnny Davids in the back of a car being driven somewhere, and then when he arrives and you see the car. It's tiny. It's just a small car, and like they're playing off like it's a limousine, and then they show the entirety of the car. It's a small car and that made me chuckle.
Speaker 1: A lot of green screen work on this. They just op the car in front of a green screen and just had people. You're right though, Jay, people are leaning outside shooting guns. They're slow motion gun shooting. There's a lot of gunwork and none. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, when Hassehorf shows up, so like save the day. Halfway through, he's on his own in the car, driving one handed, leaning out the window, shooting at the snake and successfully scares it off. That is an incredible feat for a human to like drive because he's not just like driving this straight. He's like turning a circle occurrent at the same time as he leaning out the window, overshooting. Like, it's incredible, it's amazing. It doesn't make any sense. That's not something that would happen. Yeah, what's happen here?
Speaker 1: Jay?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Like what I just say? This is a lot of pressure. Sounds like my ex wife, Like that's not go to an teller and get some respect, like that's not.
Speaker 2: My opening nickname. The oh wow, that's just a delivery that has has at one point as a response to something that the doctor says, and it's just like why did you say that? Why did you say it like that? Why is why were you cast in this thing? Why is there a scene where doctor Mena Hayes falls into mud and and gets covered in mud and then it seems like the snake can't see her like like it's predator and then they don't reference it ever again and he couldn't see me, and then but then that doesn't meaniately, he doesn't come back. It doesn't pay until pay off into anyway. Ah h this movie, there's the line the sign if it only eats, things will look good. If I were you, I'd be very careful. Okay okay, And then that guy that's like the thing that's gonna be like the Leary perv. And then a couple of scenes later he's chat with Amanda and then they're fine and then he died. So there's no like to have a character. There's so many of these hunters that are just a guy. But no, there's nothing to them, is I want the team from Twister.
Speaker 1: And that's something I don't think that's too much to hospital the extreme. One time he got drunk his hell walked up to a sixty foot anaconda and said, not today.
Speaker 2: It never that's the ground.
Speaker 1: Just something me a food susten it. Yeah, there's nothing.
Speaker 2: And they're just fold the maps, roll the maps and doing so.
Speaker 1: And I was actually looking at some of them like why I don't. I don't. I was like, I don't. I got to the point where I just didn't like any of the people in the movie, even the actual They suck. Yeah, but we don't do this. So Jay, I feel like you.
Speaker 2: And I but this movie, we've done all the good things. We run out o good things.
Speaker 1: Oh no, we still got like we got Princess and the Frog, we got Crocodile done. We got good movies about this film.
Speaker 2: We said, we said all the good things to say about this.
Speaker 1: Okay, Like I'm saying, the Bayou is not bad. That's a meth gator movie. There's some scenes.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's some great films on the list. We haven't we haven't talked about yet.
Speaker 1: This movie. I'm looking at my notes for a movie called Crying Freeman, and I'm like, let's talk about that, but yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: I just watched Radio or Not To yesterday.
Speaker 1: What do you think?
Speaker 2: I liked it, But it's hard to live up to the first one has such a twist, not a twist, but such a like surprise element to it that you can't keep that going and still be a surprise. And it was a surprise aspect that was so great about that. I rewatched the first one. It's still very good. The second one is just kind of like it's more but it isn't really shapen. Yeah, I love the.
Speaker 1: Sisters argued, it just grinds the movie to a whole. There's one scene that's really I remember in the theater they stop to argue why did you leave? And somebody in the theater goes, oh, like really laughing, and then people laughed, and then another wi.
Speaker 2: Left because you kept bringing it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then like the thirteen years like this is like someone in the audience just went get over it. And this is a press screen where people don't really yell about things. They just stay quiet and kind of grumble when people talk. But yeah, every time and ready I like it I like the actors. It's fun. There's yeah, there's a really funny fight with peper spray. There's some good moments.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the highlight. And the bit with the washing machine were great that we'll talk about at.
Speaker 1: The end of the la Sean HoTT I.
Speaker 2: Love Elijah would being a creepy little widow in horror movies just as many as it'll be in that's what he does. I love it. Oh yeah, that's carbon cropping up and stuff. It's don't see him offen and he's having fun here.
Speaker 1: People should not be a lot of chew gun in movies because her, Catherine Newton's character is just blowing bubbles and stop. No one wants this. Yeah. Every time that they argued, you never really know why. I just want to leave because I had a scholarship. Oh yeah, well she was eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what it's what you do. Sometimes it's an.
Speaker 1: Entire movie, though, and it stops watch seven times argue. So that's if there's a toef for grades cut without the sibling arguing. I would love it.
Speaker 2: Sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got a hat though. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 2: I still push it till Mary the day came out. I got pin.
Speaker 1: Oh, yeah, me too. Does it say amazed amazed?
Speaker 2: No, it's I'm disappointed now, I'll I'm not a pin guy. I don't worry. I wouldn't use it. Just it's like a rocket thing.
Speaker 1: You're not a pin guy.
Speaker 2: I've never used a pin on your backpack.
Speaker 1: Or you know, like I go to a dragon Con every year, I have little pins on my lanyard.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean watching the Oscars this, Yeah, every everyone had approaches, So maybe I should just become approach guy.
Speaker 1: I should put if I ever go to the Oscars, I'm just gonna do a pin. Everyone's gonna have like a really fancy one. I'm just gonna have one that says fart, but it's really small and people have to like zoom in on it.
Speaker 2: What do you think? I have a very small ant? Like, it wasn't worth zooming in? Was it just written on?
Speaker 1: If you can read this, you're wasting time. But I was like, but I agree with all the causes on the other pins. I'll put that, you know.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Yeah, I don't know. Maybe they're saving it for the fourth one. I don't know, but I feel there should have been some kind of a John rey S Davie's nod to Raises or Stark a snake filled film in an You've got the same. There should be something, oh snakes wouldn't have to be snakes anything, just something. But I feel like that was But I'm guessing he might have had a clause in his contract saying like, I'll be in your film, but I'm not, no, no, none of us this cheekiness.
Speaker 1: Remember that scene where he calls up his office and a Lay's like, okay, just a second, I'll patch him in. And he's just reading there, reading a book, Like what book are you just reading in your office? Like you just you know? This guy directed, this guy directed it. He stays, he stayed busy. But he shot all the Jeepers Creepers movies with that terrible guy. He shot all three of them.
Speaker 2: M yeah, yeah, okay, and she shot the Goonies and terminated too.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He worked. He was an electrical department on those, which is I mean? Yeah. He was a DP on Cobra Kai. He did five episodes of that.
Speaker 2: He directed Snakehead Swamp. Maybe we'll cover Snakehead Swamp Terror Strikes from a Swamp of snakehead Fish and bade the Louisiana Swamp Planned.
Speaker 1: Is this the worst movie that we've watched?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's who let's have a look. Why? Why is the Hmmm? I haven't got the list sorted by worse. I got this sort of by depth. So let's see scroll down, try and find something worse than this. I mean, do I think this is worse than Driven? I think this is worse than I'm worse.
Speaker 1: Like, even if you don't like it, that's fine, but you can't say.
Speaker 2: That because that's that's got The Gina character, who I love at least, is that.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, she just shows up and causes chaos. And she's so too, She's so two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: I don't like movies that remind me of the fashion from the early two thousands. J I've said this many times.
Speaker 2: But sure, so this versus No Way Up, which one of the way up is the plane? So I think that's that's the competition.
Speaker 1: Man, that movie sucks. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: What's worse? This one doesn't try and no one cares. And it was shot in six days with uninteresting people in a script written by someone slamming on a keyboard with the back of their hands.
Speaker 2: We fair. You could have described either. Either film would fit that description.
Speaker 1: No Way Up features one of the worst lead performances in a big budget film I've ever seen. Sure, I'm gonna go No Way Up. It's being worse because at least I think that movie had a money to do something. This movie. No one cared in this one. Nobody cared. It's the most cynical, cynical crap. But No Way Up, man, that movie is bad. Yeah, No way Up.
Speaker 2: It's being worse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, worse, worse, worse.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because it had the potential to be more but did but didn't. Or is this one they were never gonna make anything good out of this.
Speaker 1: They didn't even try, you know, but they didn't even try though. I bet you that it goes Shark or other movies like that. People tried on that one or had.
Speaker 2: Fun idea, isn't it there's like new stuff. There's nothing in that. I come to three.
Speaker 1: There's a scene where the lead tank Top is looking at Hasselhoff and she puts her hands on her hip and she goes, oh yeah, and she's like does this weird thing and just stares at him for fifteen seconds, and you're just like Mark Man. I think I watched this in three chunks after watching anacond to four in a big chunk.
Speaker 2: Man, I watched this twice just because I fell asleep the first time. Basically I missed the ending completely, so I just I'll watch it again. It's it's sure, I'll watch the whole thing.
Speaker 1: So yeah, people worked on this had done things before too, though, so it's just proof that they just went nobody cares. They did zero tech scout, so there's no locations guting. I know they built the sets with a snake, but horrible step set.
Speaker 2: Man hassohofsas at one point that the US military is about as reliable as a bottle of Jack and an AA meeting, And I feel like a bottle of Jack at AA meeting is reliable. You know what it's it's it's gonna be. I mean, it's not a good thing. You don't want it there, but it's you know what it's gonna do. It's reliable in that sense.
Speaker 1: Nobody wrote this movie. Yeah, yeah, when.
Speaker 2: You do, you have like Hasselhoff has a he will turn at the end. But also it turns out that John Ery Davids that Murdock had a spy on the team as well, and but they're not working together and neither well, he survives at the end if he takes just a regular snake. It's not a baby on a conduct's the regular snake. So we don't like it's like a double twist at the end, which other one already pays off. But then when Amanda does kill Hamuch, she just gives them. She just keeps kicking him, which is fun. She gets actually gets some spin kicks in how do you write the spin kicks?
Speaker 1: Well, this is the fact that she was a fighter out of nowhere, Like when did she she's a runner? Yeah, she jogs in the beginning, but then she.
Speaker 2: Should have been doing like tai chi instead of not tachi but like taekwondo or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, but they didn't think that far. And then she beats up Baywatch like a skilled murderous hunter. You're right, though, that caught me off guard because I went, what, Yeah.
Speaker 2: This is the fourth halse of hoff film we've covered on this show, or I've got on because he's in He's in two Sharpnados and Parana three Double D. Last scene on the moon in Sharknado four but you know they bring they bring it back, they bring it back.
Speaker 1: I mean the Sharknado movies are better than.
Speaker 2: This, Yeah, because there's there's ideas, there's fun with it. There's there's no ideas here. This is so rope, you know what.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna put it No Way Up ahead of it because there's an idea in No Way Up. Yeah, like that movie has. Oh that's interesting when it's terrible, but when you think about it, you're like, oh, all right, it's an idea. Day.
Speaker 2: We'll do an episode ranking every every film we've kept on this show.
Speaker 1: That's an idea. Leave out Jaws and Deep Blue Sy. We should leave out Jaws and Deep Blue Sy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just No Way Up goes one hundred.
Speaker 2: And fifty five. Other films No.
Speaker 1: Way Ups one fifty four, and then this is one fifty five.
Speaker 2: I think that's fair. Are we going to continue the franchise you've seen most of Fool already?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean we got to. I'm not a quitter, and it haw's that.
Speaker 2: Like last time, last thing, he said, we'll keep doing this until we don't want to, basically, but.
Speaker 1: You know what, though, it's like whatever that Linna and Ashby is in it. He's kind of funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've only already got one anaicond of film left. And then there's Placid Versus and then there's a Chinese remake.
Speaker 1: Oh those ones are good. Those are movies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Okay, we'll get there, We'll we'll tackle Trail of Blood soon. Get it out of the way.
Speaker 1: This is the same patch of Romanian woods.
Speaker 2: The beginning with my wife, she said a bit of a ridiculous start, and then she just said.
Speaker 1: It was terrible and so good in the beginning starts in Amazon in the Amazon correct and it's the same patch of Romanian woods.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's yeah, it starts off with half of off with with that kind of thing. Were like, I'm the start of the film, much've be in the opening scene kind of thing. Yeah, where like he and the bunch of other guys are There's three of them, all like going in a line through the jungle, all using a machete to clear the way, and I'm like, just the first guy needs to be doing that. They don't all need to be doing It's just a fus But and then they kill a snake and a guy gets just a real bloody face and screaming and running around and then wakes up and as a dead snake. Well what was all this? Was this for anything? And then next time we see him he's sitting running on when you take the thing out, is that is that some kind of massive snake fang? No, that opening saying nothing to it. It don't worry.
Speaker 1: And they're so lazy that they didn't want to go shoot And you know Anaconda they shot in La but it looks like it was shot on the Amazon. You know, the second one they went on location and it looks great. You know, the new Anacondas went to Australia at least and shot on location, even though it looks heavily you know soundstage. This movie was so lazy, that's just like, yeah, we're gonna bring a snake to Romania because that's where the studio is and we can shoot it for cheap. Like they didn't even try to find a river. I don't even think there's a boat. There's no boats.
Speaker 2: No there is, we haven't got to it yet, but it's there is one shot when they like get to water and the snake can swim and it's over there. That's the only bit of water in the film.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, it's a family doesn't get eaten and the snakes just ride by them.
Speaker 2: Ah yeah, okay, I think I would say overall, we don't recommend anaconda three offspring.
Speaker 1: No fun, no fun, no one tried each a two nice positive things.
Speaker 2: Uh tank tops, Sure.
Speaker 1: They don't look or anything. It's just the fact that she changes from a black tank top and I went I went away.
Speaker 2: The boxer guy taking the snake out with a grenade in his mouth. That that was okay, that was bad.
Speaker 1: That's all I got.
Speaker 2: There's like snake vision, but it's just kind of like a fish eye lends and they may get yellow towards the center. So that's that's snake vision. Great well, listeners, if this is your first time listening to the show, We're normally more positive. I feel like I've been saying that a lot recently, but we are normally more more positive.
Speaker 1: Genre is more consistent than the alligator genre.
Speaker 2: I think so the reptile genre. Yeah, but because this is deeply see the podcast. If we cover a new film, I go through and work out how deep the action on screen takes place at, how blue everything on screen is, and how much of it takes place at sea? Deeply C is of course, approximately fourteen and a half meters deep, thirty one percent blue, and eighty percent of it takes place at see mark. Do you think Anaconda three offspring is deeper blue are or more at sea than Deep Blue C? Of course not. This is the deepest Anaconda film so far because the lab they're in is underground and in a basement towards the end of it for a while, so it is actually below surface level on average. It's about twenty two centimeters orero point seven feet deep compared to the first Aniconda is about that above above surface all blueness not blue at all, one and a half per cent blue. It's just not not blue. Oh sorry. So it is deeper than ghost Shark and less deep than Sea fever blue. It's bluer than Lake Placid, less less blue than die Hard To Less Blue Rennie Halland's die Hard to not a blue film at all, and never at sea zerub cent of it it takes place at sea? In fact, did I do it? I did not? Damn? In fact, where's it gone?
Speaker 1: While you're looking for that? We also talk about if it's thematically deeper or from thematically at what deep?
Speaker 2: Is it deeper? Bluer?
Speaker 1: Is it lost none of them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well so it's it's point zo point two seven percent takes place near or on water. For the rest of it is land in the void. But yeah, a deeper note, there is no depth to any of these characters, Bluer. No one's really that sad because no one really has any kind of character, and no one's really lost because they kind of know where they are because they work near it and they're just in the same patch of forest again and again and again. So yeah, I agree, But hey, we've done it, Mark and I gone to three never needs to be thought about by us every.
Speaker 1: Now, thank until four because it's pretty much a direct continuation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we'll get there eventually. We're not going to do that next, we'll do that soon for the next month. But do you have anything you would like to plug?
Speaker 1: Mark?
Speaker 2: Where can people listen to where you're talking more positively about other films like.
Speaker 1: We actually did. Yeah, we're real positive there, so yeah, move some of the flakes. Listen to that near you you back on Jay when need a chat about something?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, yes, yeah, we'll figure something out, and until then, I have writing over at Life Firstersfilm dot com. I did my post. My review of twenty twenty five is up now, whoa it happened. This is coming out after the start of April, but it came out before April. I did it.
Speaker 1: I kept saying April and you you I am incorrect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your tactic worked making me do it. But I'm already I'm up to date for twenty twenty six now as well every film I've seen this year. I've already written a little blurb for that post and I'm gonna try and keep up with that, so we'll see. So yeah, lifeirstersfilm dot com. With my personal site, you can read that and probably some other reviews by now who knows. You can follow this show all over social media at deep Blue Seapod or email us deep Blue Seapod at gmail dot com. Next week will probably be a chapter of Deep Blue c because that's what we're talking about here. But as for this week, as for Anaconda three offspring, I have been Ja Klewett and I'm Markarthmeier and we'll deep Blue see you next week.