Speaker 1: All right, we continue on Fred Rogan Rodney Pete on five seventy LA Sports. Dodgers win last night, Rodney says, that's exactly what they needed. Why cam't Minnesota be here every game? That would be great? And I'm thinking, why can't Minnesota be here every game? Unless it's the top of the ninth with two runners on and somebody drives the ball that would have been a three run over to tie the game if James Outman hadn't jumped up and grabbed it. But tonight, Yamamoto goes for the Dodgers and joining us now from the La Times, our dear friend Dylan Hernandez.
Speaker 2: Dylan, good afternoon.
Speaker 3: To you, Good afternoon. How are you guys doing good?
Speaker 1: I want to start with Rodney, Hey, thank god Minnesota was here because that's just what the Dodgers needed.
Speaker 2: I think it was a little closer than that last night. Dylan. What do you think?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, and I think I mean, right when things are going back for a team like right now for the Dodgers, you do kind of tend to view things through a bit more of a negative prism, right, And I do think it's a little bit kind of concerning is that all their runs kind of came via the home run. You know, obviously their problems recently have mostly stemmed from their inability. They did and as a whole that didn't really change yesterday. Right, there were a lot of like quick outs, you know, right, they really did it outside of the you know, the home run by it was Hotti. They really didn't get to the starter much. But you know, it was kind of the big swings, you know, Will Smith the home run, the two home runs there, and then Pie has had one at the end. But that, you know, the way kind of like the team kind of performed as a whole offensively. Frankly, you wouldn't be surprised, you know if they went out today just kind of laid a goosegg out there.
Speaker 4: So what do you think, Dylan, Yes, they they you know, Minnesota is probably reeling more than the Dodgers right now. They just can't can't seem to get it going with the players that they have. But what do you think is the is there one issue with the Dodger is just a combination of everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's just a combination of everything, right, lot of help stuff, you know, I think you know, I mean, let's start with Tiascar Hernandez, right, who I think, to me is kind of the most disconcerting of all the ball kind of the guys that aren't hitting or are injured in that. You know, I could see the other guys all kind of maybe turning their season around Kioskar, you know, and I'm not even talking about like the ball he felled off his foot or anything. Right, he had a growing injury in May. It really hasn't looked the same sense, right, he can really tell I think what he's been kind of I thought he looked a little better yesday running in the outfield, but you know, he's looked pretty limited out there and kind of having to hit without the lower body, I think is really difficult, and we've kind of seen the effects of that, right, And he hasn't really been able to kind of turn it on this year, And it could just be one of those years for him where he's just kind of dealing with this naggy injury and just kind of can't get over the hump, you know. Obviously, Freddie Freeman, you know, I know we've kind of gotten used to seeing maybe this version of you know, Freddy over the last right over the last like handful of months. But you know, this is a guy that could like really run when he first showed up, right, And I understand he's a couple of years older now, but you kind of don't lose that like athleticism overnight, which tells me, you know that again that ankle is still bothering him. I think we kind of saw that again. The lack of speed him going to the plane. You know, I think like a healthy Freddie Freeman gets there, you know, obviously months he being out hurts, right because it takes away from kind of the length of the lineup, you know. And then you kind of have the Mookie Bets situation, which I kind of don't know what to make of, you know, based on what he said. I'm not sure Bets himself knows what to make of it. Is this, you know, the effects of him playing shortstop and being tired. Is this, you know, just age kind of maybe starting to get to him, and maybe his bats flowing down a little bit. You know, the the analytics show that the bat has slowed down a little bit. Now, that's right. Those times it's gonna be a little deceiving, though it could just be indecision. So you know, I mean, who knows what's going on there, And they just kind of have a lot going wrong right now. And you know, really it's been Otawi and Will Smith kind of keeping this team up float offensively. But you know, again, a lot of these these pieces that kind of we're supposed to all kind of work together, a lot of these pieces, something's kind of wrong and it's just kind of all coming at the same time. And that's the problem.
Speaker 1: Well, the only thing it needs to happen is all these pieces need to come together when they need to come together, because it's a long season. But my my concern, and I said it to Rodney the other day, and it's the wrong word to use, and I know when you're struggling it might appear this way.
Speaker 2: God, they just seem like no fun. You know, watching them. You just early in the.
Speaker 1: Year you thought, oh they're down, well they'll come back and win this one. There's not going to be a problem at all. And now they're ahead in the nineteen you like, please, dear God, hold on. And it's like they're just not exuding any kind of confidence at least outwardly as I watch does that make sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, you know, right, and again this is I mean we're talking about kind of multiple pieces here. Yeah, Like the bullpen for sure, I think hasn't you know, inspired much confidence. I mean, there are two they've been kind of banged up, right, I mean, Kobe has been lost for the year. You know, there's been a you know, a lot of you know, they kind of missed the majority of the season, you know. And then on top of that, obviously tender Scott. I think that less Scott probably being frankly overused, you know, which kind of accelerated the problems, you know, and he right, and now he might be hurt. Uh, you know, Kirby Yate's not performing I think has also kind of affected Scott, and that it kind of pushed him into more of a defined, closer role rather than you know, okay, let's let him kind of fake the left. You can kind of do what he you know, what he does past. Yeah, so you've got like kind of a bullpen issue, you know. And then if you look at the rotation, it's just been you know, Yamamotos like the only constant there, right, I mean, behind him, it's kind of been a lot of guys kind of coming in and out, and you might see a bright spot from this here and there, you know. And in terms of kind of the energy, I do think a lot of it from the offense, right. I mean, when you don't have guys on base, it's hard to look like you have energy.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Teams will stand when they don't get hit, you know, and and you know when teams score them when they hit home runs, you know, especially with the you know, with the Dodgers and kind of their right all their celebrations, and I think a lot of that has to do right there. Mean, I think one of the reasons we thought they had so much energy kind of coming out of the gates looks because they're scoring a kind of runs. Right, they do the little thing where they run their fingers across their eyes like Otani doesn't that commercial, you know, the Oscar with the sunflower seats, and right, they do that little hip lock thing that they do whenever they hit like a double. We're just not saying that because they're just not hitting right. And I do think it kind of but all these things kind of snowball, right, I Mean, I think, you know, there's the lack of celebrations kind of like least maybe see like a bit of a lack of energy, and that lack of energy kind of combined with the loss at least maybe to a bit of a lack of confidence, and the team's kind of been one of these spirals right now, you know. And I do think the one positive is though, is that again, this is a team with a lot of experience that you know, come back in series that they should have lost, and by we've seen them kind of do this time and time again. I do think by the end of the year they will have things kind of straightened out. And you know, like you said, you know what matters is that they kind of come together in October when the game is back.
Speaker 4: Okay, So that being said, Dylan, deadline coming up. Where do they go? They go hitting? They get a left handed bat obviously Conford has been struggling an outfielder with a bat. Or do they go pitching?
Speaker 5: I mean.
Speaker 3: Both, Right, We've joked about this over the years, Right, it's not my money. You guys are make this, you know. I mean, I think you kind of almost have to address everything, you know, I think you do have to you know, Yeah, they do need another bet just because again you're not sure, you know, say again between you know in that group of Mookie bets, Eddie Freeman, the Oscar Hernett and is Max Muncy. Let's throw Tommy Edmond in there too, you know. Uh say, you know two of those guys bounce back to eight three, don't I mean? Yeah, you're going to need that extra bat in there, right, you can't just keep riding Otani and Will Smith forever?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 3: You know, I do think, yeah, the bad is a priority. I think they absolutely need another bullpen. He said that one kind of seems like no negotiable. That's why the first thing that they have to address, and even you know, with the number of starters that they do have, I do think that there is a difference between you know, guys that you're comfortable sending to the mount in the regular so you start a game, and guys that he said that you're comfortable sending to the mount of the playoffs. I do know that, right obviously, like you know, Tyler Glass now has looked good, you know coming back, Snell is supposed to come back. Now, how confident are we that both of those guys will be in the rotation come October, you know, I mean they say that's the best way to predict future injuries is to look at a guy's track record. And these are guys that are the most gurble guys in the world, you know, And so I mean even if they could, you know, as a starter comes up that's available, like you might even look there, right because right now it does kind of look like Yamamoto Tani and then we'll kind of see what happens, you know, say even a class now there you're gonna you know, that fourth spot. I'm not sure again, given how much the bullpen has been used, is this the type of bullpen that you want to be running bullpen games with, you know, if you don't have to. So, you know, if I'm the Dodgers right now, I'm looking at absolutely everything.
Speaker 2: Dylan Hernandez is with us.
Speaker 1: Uh okay, Dylan oh Tani now on game when last night he battled his way out of trouble.
Speaker 4: So I think that was a good thing, not a bad thing. Let him get into some trouble, work his way out of it. It'll be important down the line.
Speaker 1: But and last night he also hit a home run, which is great, but you know it hasn't been consistent. You know, when he's pitched, he hadn't really hit. You're the opinion that it's critical that he does both, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I think you know it looks. I mean, the days he's pitched are one thing. He's even worse the days after he pitches, right, I think he's the day directly after his starts, he's I think a combined one for sixteen right now, and the one hit was a single and I think like seven strikeouts, so it had a convenuit, right. You know that said, I do think you kind of have to bet on him to do what he's going to do. You know, I think I personally, just having watched him over the years, I do think he's one of these guys that has made you know, what it behind his career is him kind of going against conventional thinking, right, And I do think you know, when he was kind of first rehabbing. Look, I mean the doctors, you know, with all the differrals and everything right there, they're functionally paying him two million dollars a year right now, he's making a ton of money off him. They're not really in a position to tell him what to do to begin with. So you know, as long as he wanted to pitch, he was going.
Speaker 5: To pitch, you know.
Speaker 3: That said, I do think, right, if you had you know, injected probably you know, in the front office people it's like troops, serum, they would have wanted to minimize this pitching as much as possible, to retain as much as the offense as they could, you know. But now it's kind of gone to the point with all the uncertainty and stuff that, yeah, I do think, you know, him going both ways is important. I mean, he might be the fact hitch as they have right now. That's the other part, right, I mean, he's looked really, really good. I mean, he looks better now now, you know. Granted he's going to three innings at a time right now, so it's not it's not quite the same as going six of seven. But he looks next year now honestly that he did before he got hurted, right. I mean, you know, kudos to doctor Electron who really seems to repair that elbow of his.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 3: And now you all of a sudden you have a potential force here, you know. And again I think I think those those questions are legitimate about the fatigue. You know, he's thirty one now, so he's not as young as he used to be what he did the both ways thing, But I would kind of bet on my kids, like competitiveness, right. I mean, you know what was interesting yesterday after the game, you know, he kind of got out about you know, you're right, it's part of switching places with mostly back in the lineup that he went for first a second and that you know, batting second in the lineup gave him a little bit more time, right to catch a breath after coming off the mountain in the first inning. He got out you know, do you think that's help? And he was basically like, I don't think that made any difference, right, So he's kind of to him, I think it's a kind of a point of pride too, you know, and I think that he well, he doesn't really like react, you know, too much to anything that said to him. I kind of said a little bit of like a hey, I'm going to prove these guys wrong. And again, if you look at his track record, he's managed to do that over and over again, you know. And my guess is that this October it's going to be kind of this you know it's going to be a tani trying to carry the team. You know. Roberts talked about that recently, about how Tony just seems to be trying to wild the team to victory, you know, And obviously I'm not going to compare the Dodgers to the Angels, but you know, give him the stretch that the Dodger are going through right now. It is kind of similar to when he was with Anaheim, where you know, things around him weren't going well and he's like, you know what, I'm gonna kind of take the ball by the horns here and try to carry as big a load as possible. And you know, not a bad guy to bet on it if you're gonna if you're gonna have to bet on a player.
Speaker 2: To do no, not at all.
Speaker 4: So you think they keep ramping him up to four ay, five inning, six innings as they get closer to end of September October, and you believe that at the end of the day, he's your he's your starter in opening series of the playoffs or World Series.
Speaker 2: He's your eighth going forward.
Speaker 4: He's the horse you ride as opposed to Glass, now, Yamamoto, anybody else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I do think the order could be a little bit of you know, there's gonna be off days in these playoffs series, and like I said, right, if he continues to sit on the days after he pitches, maybe he goes in game two, right, so you know that the next day you would have a day off between you know, games two and Game three. But I do see him kind of being that forced. You know, what I think is really special about Otani and what I really kind of like Marvel that over the years is you know, baseball is one of these sports I think, right, the harder you try, the worst it goes. You know, you hear about guys pressing all the time, right, they're trying to do too much. He's the type of guy that really, like you know, when he's like I gotta hit here, I have to do something here, he somehow does it. And I don't understand how he can kind of control his emotions and you know, kind of right, I mean, you don't at all like the big moments that he's had over the years. You know, there's just so many of them. He just seems to kind of deliver all the time. And again, I think that if his team needs him to needs him to carry them. He's gonna be up to the task.
Speaker 2: All right. Well, Dylan, thanks for coming on. Thanks for sharing is always really appreciated.
Speaker 3: Thanks for having me on.
Speaker 2: All right, there goes our buddy, Dylan Hernandez.
Speaker 1: Tonight, the Dodgers return to Dodgers Stadium and take on the Twins with the first pitch at seven. Listen to all Dodger games on AM five to seventy LA Sports live from the Gallping Motors Broadcast booth and stream all Dodger games and HD and the iHeartRadio app. The keyword is AM five seventy LA Sports. Rodney is surprise in my hand, I possess a top ten list. This is a surprise. I will reveal the top ten on this list when we come back.
Speaker 6: Hello Rogan and Rodney listener.
Speaker 7: Did you know AM five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts shows like Petros in Money. We are streaming Man Dodger Talk with David Vasse.
Speaker 6: The Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper Talk with Ada Moss, follow us all and many more.
Speaker 7: Just go to AM five to seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Come on now, come on back, Rodney Pete Fred Rogan on a beautiful Tuesday, many thanks to Dylan Hernandez.
Speaker 2: Fred Do you always say you know it could be fireworks? That was kind of calm with Dylan and I. We didn't get you didn't fight with him. That's exactly why they're on fireworks. That's on you.
Speaker 1: I mean sometimes these are just pure bloodbaths and you never know what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: But everybody was calm today.
Speaker 4: We were we were Dylan and I have some knockdown dragouts, haven't we we go at it?
Speaker 2: God, yeah, we do.
Speaker 1: I just want to say this. In one segment we did with him, he had to be in about twenty minutes. You know, we do longer segments on our show. We think it's better that way and we can really do full interviews. And we were in about twenty minutes. I think I talked for twenty seconds and then you and Dylan started. Yeah, and I can even remember Kevin saying, do something, do something? What do you want me to do? I can't stop it.
Speaker 2: It was very entertaining, I'll add that. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It got heated and it was yeah, Yeah, it was very very entertaining.
Speaker 2: Now, Dylan's good.
Speaker 4: He's very you know, he does what he does, and he's good at what he does because he's very opinionated, right, and he says what it's on his mind, and not all the time people agree with him.
Speaker 1: Well here's the thing. Yeah, well yeah, certainly not that. But here's the thing about Dylan. You know, he cut his chops here, he covered the Dodger beat. He knows, and he has turned into a terrific columnist.
Speaker 2: He's very good as a writer. Yeah, very good, don't get me wrong.
Speaker 1: And when he moved into being a columnist, you know, there's a learning curve associated with that, and I think he was concerned about how much he could push, you know, where he should go, where that line was.
Speaker 4: Drawn, right, And then he learned what all columnists no, there is no line, just go, just go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's when he says something seriously, and I mean he's a friend and we love him on the show. But quite frankly, he's very very good the times, very lucky to have him, and I think his observations are very perceptive and eye opening. And as a columnist or even in this job when we do the radio show, all we want you to do is think, right, That's how we learn. We don't agree with everything. We never agree with each other half the time or always, and I know nobody agrees with me. But if you think, then you've learned something every day. And I think Dylan does a great job of that. Okay, here it is the top ten list.
Speaker 2: You do not know.
Speaker 1: This top ten list, by the way, I found it late this morning, okay from LIDS and I love this kind of stuff. The top ten best MLB hats, the best MLB hats. I desperately disagree with this list. I'm a logo and uniform guy too, so I love this kind of stuff. I'm just gonna tell you they think the best MLB hat and that would mean the logo on.
Speaker 2: The hat as well, right, I mean, because that's part of the hat.
Speaker 1: According to them lids and I've done some research on this as well. But according to lydds, the number one hat is the Colorado Rockies. Number one hat, the number one hat, the best MLB hat is the Colorado Rockies.
Speaker 4: I vehemently disagree with the cr on it's they that's what they went with. Okay, all right, Number two on the links, I'm with you. I disagree with that. Okay, good number two on the but I will say when when they came into the league, Oh yeah, no, everybody was wearing no CR hats. Everybody had those hats. It was kind of nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know, if they didn't suck, maybe more people would wear them. Now, true, true, Okay, So that's another thing. You know, when a team is really bad for a prolonged period of time, you just start hating their uniform. You do psychologically you hate them, you hate the way it looks. Okay, So number one on their list Colorado, Number two Tampa Bay Rays. Now, I don't know if this is the current TB or the old ray head that they used to have on there. Either way, I disagree. Well this is current, right, so it's got to be the TV. Okay, it's it's cool, But I don't think that's number two. So what number three are? And the TV is one?
Speaker 2: Two? Right? They got biased opinions right now? Ami Marlins with the with the M and the fish going through it? Yeah, what is Miami Marlins? It's the M with the marlin going through it? Right? Number three? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Wow, these are not best sellers. These are just the best MLB hats.
Speaker 1: They're saying, WID's top ten best MLB hats. Now know they can't be best sellers.
Speaker 2: No campy because Dodgers Yankees got to be always at the top. Uh.
Speaker 4: Number three Marlins, Wow, yeah, Marlins? Maybe the Colors maybe all right? Number four the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 2: The d with the snake winding through it, or maybe it's the one where it is the snake, just the snake. Okay.
Speaker 1: Number five, I don't care what you say. This cannot be true. The Milwaukee Brewers, I can't be I don't care. If it's the new logo, the old logo, no, the little glove, the glove, yeah, the glove logo.
Speaker 2: And no I do either. I hate it. I hate it.
Speaker 4: Put a beer bottle up there or something like that for the Brewers. Don't be Number six the Padres. Whether you hate the Padres or not, it's not a bad looking hat, No it's not. It's not number seven. Now, if we looked at their uniforms, this would be a really bad call.
Speaker 1: But if you just look at their hat and their logo, I think it's a smooth call. Should be moved up on the list. The Blue Jays, their uniforms are awful with that stenciling. But the log the blue Jay head is good. Yeah, I like it, Blue Jay right number eight. And I don't know if you can argue this. The Mariners.
Speaker 2: I think the Mariners have a cool hat.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, yeah, it's got like it with a like a like a sea snake right with the S kind of like a seahorse sea snake or whatever with that S. Yeah, number nine, that hat number nine, Kevin, you'll weigh in on this. The Angels hmmm.
Speaker 8: Now, by the way, the list says of all time from what you sent me, and it says the California Angels. So now it doesn't designate with the list that you guys are just going over whether some of these because you mentioned there's been makeovers for a lot of these logos, So it doesn't designate from what period of time, But it does say the California Angel logo, which I will not necessarily disagree with. I did like that hat, and I wish they had never changed their name from California, to be honest with you.
Speaker 2: Is that the A with the halo around it?
Speaker 8: It's a C and a A with a halo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the halo and it was blue and red like the Bill was blue, right, yes, okay?
Speaker 1: And number ten on this list is the Boston Red Sox solid. This the Bee solid, but the little Red Sox or the b probably the b that would be the Bee. Yeah, all right, So that's lid's top all time top ten. So what I did is I then typed it into chat gpt mm hmm to find out what that had to say about the best hats of all time?
Speaker 2: You ready?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Number one is the Yankees navy blue, white and white logo. They've got that number one. Yeah, number two according to chat GBT.
Speaker 8: I will say, by the way, not to cut you off there, Fred, but it doesn't really give opinions, so it's probably pulling together data from a bunch of other lists that it found online for what either fans or media or whoever else voted on this stuff has has it listed. So jack GBT is not giving you its opinion, is telling you what other.
Speaker 2: People stuff from all over the price.
Speaker 8: I just wanted to sell that. Chatgybt says that this is number one in and of itself. It does not give opinions. This is pulling together data.
Speaker 1: Right that would indicate this, So they go all over the place. The AI checks everywhere for lists of logos and hats and how people rank them. So the Yankees would be number one, number two on that list. The Dodgers, okay, number three on that list. So we have our first crossover, the red Sox.
Speaker 2: Here's what's funny.
Speaker 1: I look at a number of lists during the break. Every single list had except the one I read, the Chicago White Sox.
Speaker 2: Oh, the white Sox hat.
Speaker 4: That was a bolt following for a while. That white Sox hat was everybody was wearing it, even if you weren't even a White Sox fan. I couldn't even believe how many I used to see in La Kevin.
Speaker 2: You know this. Oh yeah, everybody was wearing the white Sox hat.
Speaker 4: That was actually popular with the gangs.
Speaker 8: Yeah we'll Sae Nwa started that. Then it kind of spun off in this some of the gangs picked up on there're still kids now in the old Neighborhood that I wrote, where the white Sox hat couldn't name you a single White Sox for Frank Thomas or anybody else, a sweethet.
Speaker 1: Number five on this list. And you know what, really, if it wasn't the color. I think it would pop more the Oakland Age.
Speaker 4: The Oakland A's I like that week I've always liked that hat. Wow, I'm surprised we have not even heard.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You gotta finish, but I'm gonna say the Pirates. How did Pirates not get on any of these lists yet? Okay, well, let's keep going. Number six on this list is the Blue Jays. That's a crossover. Number seven the Giants.
Speaker 2: We hate the.
Speaker 4: Giants though, I like that. I like that hat. Yeah, it's not like their fellers too.
Speaker 1: Halloween k Number eight another crossover. What is what this Milwaukee Brewers had? I don't get it. I hate that hat.
Speaker 4: I hate that I don't you love that little glove. It just isn't cheap work for me. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Number nine, you were right making an appearance to Pittsburgh Pirates.
Speaker 2: Yes, pirates hat that.
Speaker 4: Was popular, like almost not quite to the White Sox level, but a lot of people wearing that pirate hat.
Speaker 8: Before we move all off of the Brewers. So there is the one that they were most often today with the mitt with the ball in it. There's also the one with the cursive M with a barley leaf underneath. I don't know which one they're ranking, but it could be that one. I know people like that one too, And with the barley leaf underneath it. Yeah, I don't know they have that instead of the beer bottle, the beer bottom I hit you too much in the face with the alcohol.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but the beer bottle would have been good. Rodney, Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 1: And last on this list the Atlanta Braves. I don't like the I don't.
Speaker 4: Like the on the Atlanta I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, huh.
Speaker 4: And the Cubbies just fell off of very list. They're not even on any list.
Speaker 1: No one knows anything from the Cubs, that's right. Honorable mentions in this list the Mets, the Rockies, and the Mariners.
Speaker 4: Mets, I think people look at the Mets. They tried to copy the Yankees. Yeah, but I like that. The reason I think, yeah, the creativeness of New York with the n Y on the hat and the and the way the LA Dodgers did the LA creative wise, Yeah, hard hard to beat those two. Yeah, I think. So, you know what we'll do. We don't have much time. We're gonna move on to something else in the next segment. If anyone wants to call him away in on best logo?
Speaker 2: Do it.
Speaker 1: If you do, we'll put John. If not, we're gonna move on. It's like six nine eighty seven, two five seventy. We gave you the lists. If you've got an idea of what's good, what's bad, let us know. If not, we're moving on. Top of the two o'clock hour, Adam Auslin joins the show The Salt Ta All right, you have an opinion on the best hat or best logo, let us know now.
Speaker 6: Hello Rogan and Robbie. Listener, did you know?
Speaker 7: Am? Five seventy LA Sports has a wide range of LA Sports podcasts, shows like petros in Money. We are streaming Matt Dodger Talk with David Vasse.
Speaker 6: The Dodger Podcast of Record, Clipper Talk with Adam, follow us all and many.
Speaker 7: Just go to A five seventy LA Sports on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 4: Come on, let's keep this thing going, Freddy, Let's go Rodney p fred Rogan Beautiful Tuesday. Come on now, come on, Fredd. All right, so here's the question, pretty cut and dried. We went over Lyd's list of the top ten baseball hats and basically it's the logos, you know, what are the top Then we typed into the chat GPT and found out.
Speaker 2: What that was. So the question is what do you think best logos?
Speaker 1: And we said, up, we got some calls, we take them and if we didn't, we'd move on. And okay, we got a couple of calls, so we'll just take him to wrap up the hour. Oh all right, let's go to Riverside. Chris, appreciate your calling.
Speaker 2: In what do you think?
Speaker 5: Hey, hey, Freddy, hands down the Chief Walloo Indians had they won the ninety seven World Series in is the best logo. It will be history, you know.
Speaker 2: I like that. I like the old Chief authors.
Speaker 5: It's not just some stupid letters. It's it's got it's got an emblem of logo.
Speaker 2: Kind of like the Blue Jays, right, you like a logo, not just like I.
Speaker 5: Was gonna say, the Orioles. Also with that Oriole face.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Oriole head's good too. I like that. That's solid. But to me, that would be better in all black, you know, not the orange and black.
Speaker 1: Nobody said the Cardinals either. No, nobody said the Cardinals. All right, thanks Chris, appreciate it. Let's go to Norwalk. Oh, Justin's got a good one, justin. Appreciate your holding. Give it to us. What's the best logo.
Speaker 6: I'm a logo and a.
Speaker 3: Hand guy, and by far, for me, it's hands down, it has to be the Montreal.
Speaker 4: Expost that was at Yeah, that was cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like that one. That was good. That's a good call. That's a good call.
Speaker 4: We forget about the Expos because now we're thinking Nationals. That's all we think about Washington and I had with a w but yeah, expos and they had cool unit too.
Speaker 2: They did, I'd like to It was sad when they when they folded.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's too bad they couldn't keep it going in Montreal like that. Yes, Frenchies, those French Canadian son of a bitches.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do one more real quick. Edgar in l A. Now, okay, he'll be able to give us some clarity on this. Edgar, appreciate you calling in. What is the best logo?
Speaker 9: I want to change Ronnie's opinion on the Milwaukee Brewers. It took me a while to figure out that by him the logo Sen had an on this for Milwaukee Brewers, right, what I had what it's a yes.
Speaker 4: The little glove with the ball, Yeah, still like a little glove and the ball looks like a little glove and the ball though I can't I got a strain to see if it's an M and B.
Speaker 2: I don't like it all right, Yeah, I don't either. I don't get that.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure they love it there. It's great, you know, and if you're from Milwaukee, god bless you. You've grown up with it and you can have a tattooed on your breast. But for me personally, I just don't like that look at all. I don't it doesn't look you know, it doesn't look strong. I like logos that looks strong, not weak, and that that your logo looks weak to me, Kevin, what do.
Speaker 2: You think it gets? Pretty clever?
Speaker 8: Honestly? Okay, well sorry, taking lowercase M and the lower kis being you make a glove out of it to signify a baseball glove. I don't thought it was pretty clever. I wouldn't say it's my favorite logo, but I don't hate it.
Speaker 1: I don't know why you have to bring you on and you just, you know, completely disagree with what I said.
Speaker 8: I mean, Rodney, he asked me. I was over here in mind my own business, right, So Fred, Fred, like always, this is your fault.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you another logo. I don't like the Vancouver Canucks, the old one. I don't like their old logo, but the hockey stick in it, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: And I hate their.
Speaker 1: Colors, the old colors too brown. Who's got brown uniforms?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 4: I mean the padres are brown, but they're not like the Canuck brown was Cleveland browns are brown, yeah, but they're more orangish brown brown, But they're brown. They got brown jerseys red, I.
Speaker 1: Know, but they're Yeah, they're they're boring too. Brown is not a good color. It's just not a good color for a uniform.
Speaker 2: Who is a brown suit? Think of that? I do? Brown suits are great? You do like brown suits? Chocolate? Yeah, chocolate brown. That's a good soup. Maybe that looks good on you, Yes, it does. It doesn't look as good on me. I wonder I think it would if you, if you embraced it. I think it would.
Speaker 1: I I don't like brown, gray, blue, black. If you have to pick a suit color, what would you pick? You can pick one suit today, Rodney Picket.
Speaker 2: One suit. Yeah, be a black suit. Blacks exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, brown would be your last choice. Yeah, blue would be second, gray would be third, Yeah, brown would be fourth. Right, Yeah, okay, I get you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Although I like the Cleveland brown unis though, I do. Actually, so you like Penn State too? No?
Speaker 4: No, no blood all right, So they're bland.
Speaker 1: I mean the Cleveland brown uniforms are basically, honestly, with all due respect nothing.
Speaker 2: No, they mix it up.
Speaker 4: They have the orange pants and the brown jerseys, or they have the you know, the brown pants, or they go all brown.
Speaker 2: It's kind of cool. Yeah, brown and with the white pants. I like. I like the brown uniforms. Ronnie, when's the last time you wore a brown suit? Ronnie stepped out of the room. Oh he did? You got him there, Kevin, when's the last time you wore a brown suit? Never? Exactly? Never? Ever, That's what I'm saying. Ronde.
Speaker 4: Mm what Okay, does tan fall into the brown California category?
Speaker 1: No? No, I'm talking about a rich brown tand chocolate brown suit.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like it. I like a brown suit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I bet you. Most people will not wear a brown suit. They'd wear a tan suit over a brown suit, they would, And that has to do with the logos and things. I don't know about that, but go ahead, no, go ahead, it say something so we get thrown off the air for the second time.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, this is about what you so just do it. You're the logos. Fred.
Speaker 4: I just think you know some people, you know, some people look good in brown. I like a brown suit. I saw somebody the other day with a brown pinstripe. It was really nice looking, really nice looking suit. Yeah, brown is cool, that chocolate brown. You don't like the Padres uniforms their mixture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they're not all brown. They got brown jerseys. Yeah, I don't like those. You like the white pinstripes. Okay, you know, all right, well we have to move on. Kevin Thin's you're gonna get in trouble.
Speaker 2: Leave with it. There, there's a new queue.
Speaker 1: Just so you know, Rodney, when Kevin starts chuckling in my ear and says let's move on, that's exactly why