Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifth Day powered by Nova Insurance Services Ensure your most prized possessions.
Speaker 2: Hey, good afternoon, everybody. Welcome to I on the Ball hero Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera. You're Dave Silver Day. Are you getting tired of me?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: No, I love this. I know It's the highlight of my week. You have a sad said.
Speaker 2: In addition, I spent for two hours with you today at another project.
Speaker 5: Well, good to see you Dave again. More You're gonna get tired of me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you know, an next wife, the next girlfriend, Steve, I just can't take you. Juan, you know, I'm like his dad.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's basically basically bestie's at this point.
Speaker 4: We all are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're all united together. Hey, and welcome everybody to the show. I hope you're enjoying your Monday, Big Day, Big night tonight, right, Big.
Speaker 6: Game twelve Monday, Big Monday, Big Monday. So Arizona on Big Monday. This is Brandon because it's Duke playing first. I think, so there's a good game before. Who's gonna stepup to watch this? One on the East coast. All the U of A alums and you know them, right, We've got a big alumni group in New York and DC, Boston.
Speaker 4: This is a night for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Start, Hey, Jimmy, let's go to the bar down the road. Yeah, there's U of A bars in some of these big cities too. You have a fans get together. So that'll they'll be out tonight, Monday night.
Speaker 3: Late one.
Speaker 2: It'll be late night. It should be a fun night. Dave, you're gonna stay up. Of course, step I'm Tommy. You'll say, oh, good to see you guys late, you'd be here.
Speaker 4: That's his humor. It is not nine.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, no, no, In fact I thought it wasn't nine, but I say thirty.
Speaker 4: This is great. Great friend.
Speaker 2: Freshella, one of our guests, is gonna be on the call. We'll see him tonight.
Speaker 4: So that's tonight.
Speaker 2: And then okay, so we're gonna have in the first hour, we're gonna have.
Speaker 4: Chip Hale talk a little baseball.
Speaker 2: They're ranked pretty highly figuratively, you know whatever, it's great, top twenty. Maybe talk to him. We have spoken to him in a while. It'd be great. And then at four seventeen. We're gonna talk to Jim Rosborough. What he's up to at obviously PEMA, they're doing pretty well. Is he helping with the men's team, women's women He's been with the women's team for a long time. But I wanted to talk to him about a few things. You know, him, him and Luke were together for forever. It ended, it ended how it ended. But I'm wondering because lou he would know how lut would think about this, and I l stuff wow, and would he have liked it? And I haven't heard from Chimbot. You know it's different at the at the junial college level, but you know how he would deal with it. Or you know, if you're making four or five million dollars a day, you're gonna deal with it because you have no choice.
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Did you see?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 6: USC's football team hired a general manager?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 6: These are the new positions in sports. Arizona has one right as well. But you know they're going big time too. I mean paying them the millions of dollars to be a GM for these college games.
Speaker 2: Now, well that's what the guy from another guy, the ESPN guy, I mean WOJ who went to the same bottle venture I think, right is Alma mater. He went back to them to help them do what they what he does, and they're going.
Speaker 4: Up to you know, big time people, which is an interesting move. I mean, I guess you know.
Speaker 2: Well, Bonnie, Well, let me tell you this day and again, you were in the business for move Through.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was.
Speaker 2: I'm still in the business thirty seven years. I enjoy what I do. But and I'm sure he made some bank at ESPN. After a while, it's a grind. You got to, you know, call the people he calls. And he's very good at what he does. But you figure, I'm probably gonna make something similar at same Bonnie, and because they want me, and maybe not to whatever he was making, or maybe maybe more. But it's a different deal and it's a different different pressure.
Speaker 6: Yeah, doesn't have to sit there with the cell phone twenty or seven calling scouts and calling teams and gms and.
Speaker 4: You and you know that.
Speaker 2: It's the best thing about this business, the journalists the hours the worst thing about this business or the hour hours, Yeah, because you could get calls at any time. I know I was during loots and the end time I was like getting calls all the time.
Speaker 6: All the time, all the time, and you have to be on especially you know in TV it's a little bit different too, with deadlines, and you know the newscast is not going away.
Speaker 4: You got to be ready.
Speaker 6: You may not have exactly the amount of information to put on a story or put out the whole story, but you know in five o'clock or six o'clock here or ten, you had.
Speaker 4: To be set to go with something. But yeah, what do you got?
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So that's what it is, and you're that's your future hopefully.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: I have a professor. He works with Kick on nine. He's telling the story, not Kick on nine give you away. He tells us all the stories, what his day looks. He goes to sleep at three, he wakes up at eleven. Yeah, and he starts his day. Right.
Speaker 4: It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, it is what it is.
Speaker 6: Deadline pressure too, is. I mean, you get kind of used to it. But in television I used to have I used to call them newsmyres. They're like nightmares that I would owe, you know, like I'd be laying in bed thinking, oh man, I'm never going to get back to the station in time.
Speaker 4: I used to.
Speaker 6: That happen to me all the time, and it was you know, you're you're stuck on speedway and you're trying to get down the road and it's five ten and you're on the air in ten minutes. I mean, those things were like part of my life.
Speaker 2: Well, Lute had a just to your point, I lude had a by two thousand and fifty whatever you was one of those last year's two thousand and seven eight or whatever was He had a press conference. I was trying to get to it on time. Blah blah blah. On the freeway and nine ten, you know where we live on the northwest side, and I was moving. I was moving and the cop the cop was in front of me, and uh, I.
Speaker 4: Was not too I guess I was too close whatever.
Speaker 2: They moved to the side and I said, that's a lot, and I just kept going, you know whatever.
Speaker 4: She pulled behind me and she stopped me. I'm thinking, what did I do?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 4: Were you off to? What are you off to?
Speaker 2: And I had headphones on because I was trying to I'm going to a press conference. Oh oh, she was nice to me and all that. She's what are you doing? You're too close? To me, and you're going pretty fast, I think to a press conference. I got like ten minutes, like a granted the freeway. Yeah, it's part of part of that job. You have to know how to manage your time. Guess what And that's exactly what you're said. Yeah, well you know better than exactly. We used to have that problem.
Speaker 4: I mean.
Speaker 6: Again, you were talking about, you know, some professors telling you how to deal with your day. That's that was part of the gig was you know what time in these games? You know, where do I need to be to record it or be at it or have somebody there. I mean there's a lot of organization behind the scenes people never never saw.
Speaker 4: And that's funny because that's part of that classroom were talking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, right right, yeah, I'm trying to find out my Saturday trip for the issue game.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah yeahh what time exact game?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm, that's you and you have finish at one. It's a timeframe.
Speaker 3: I got a park.
Speaker 6: You know, things like I mean, what if there's an accident on I ten, Well, that's.
Speaker 4: Really count for that's the key. That's the key. That's like going to the airport there.
Speaker 6: I always give myself an extra time just in case I got it.
Speaker 2: I got it about stuff that you shouldn't have to deal with. That's my first one. First, Uh, yeah, it's it's it is what it is. If that's the worst thing that happens, that's okay, that's okay.
Speaker 6: The meantime, are you excited about tonight's game? You don't get too thrilled, but this is should be one of our marquee games of this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go to Juan first, because he's the kid in the room going, I'm going, I'm going, I'll be covering it.
Speaker 5: And what's asking the question? Are you excited about tonight's game?
Speaker 4: Yes and no.
Speaker 5: There's for the most part yes, because this is this is something new for the community. You know, these big time games you get into conference play, maybe had one or two with Oregon and u C l A.
Speaker 4: There's this is one of like five.
Speaker 5: So it'll be interesting to see if the community comes out tonight for a white out.
Speaker 4: It's supposedly sold out.
Speaker 5: We've had many sellouts and I don't see a sellout eventually, right, But as far as the game goes, I don't know if Arizona will be up.
Speaker 4: To the task.
Speaker 2: Okay, So is that part of the exciting or not exciting part? Which which is which not exciting? The what the fact that I don't think Arizona will be up for the task? Oh okay, So you you didn't care about that, right, Yeah?
Speaker 4: Probably not.
Speaker 2: But it's it's the fan part. Yeah, I mean, of course. So so let me let me go back. So I'm glad that you caught that they talk about sellouts and they have it has it last game?
Speaker 4: They said it was a sellout.
Speaker 2: It was not.
Speaker 4: I wasn't. I was gonna ask I was it was? It was the top part was empty.
Speaker 2: In fact, I was communicating with somebody on on the online and I'm good of talking about it now's and she says, it sounds dead. It sounds like the one's there, And I said, well, there's not much to cheer about. It was Colorado. They were kind of going in the first half, kind of struggling. It was like a boring, mundane game, and then the second half it kind of picked up and the crowd got it.
Speaker 4: A little into it.
Speaker 2: But but it was when it was, it wasn't. It wasn't a great game to kind of attend. And I mean I'm assuming that what people are doing, Dave, is if you're a regular season ticket holder and you don't want to go late or early, it was a h you just give your tickets or your sell your tickets to people who aren't used to going to the games, right, And we've seen.
Speaker 4: That maybe with Colorado.
Speaker 6: I think tonight, maybe tonight might break through with that no more, a little more of the normal, normal, normal crowd, normal enthusiasm. Like you said, every year we have, you know, three or four of these types of games with a highly ranked team coming in and.
Speaker 4: They've had great success obviously through the years.
Speaker 6: So I hope, and you know, the national coverage will pick up two in the games on ESPAnet helps, so there'll be some enthusiast.
Speaker 2: So your other point is Arizona's not used to this is I think you said, you said, you know, bigger games whatever, so so years past and you know this, I'm not telling anybody, You're not New York. These games were normal in Lut's time. We saw them all the time, and it was the reason why they went to the games, and the fans were into it. They had those big games, not name UCLA or it was the big time because now they're coming back to it. Yeah, and it's not that they're coming back. It's self made. It's all made in house.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: With the Big Twelve, well there were there were probably in those years, you know, kind of UCLA count on and every once in a while like the Oregons and Stanford's or somebody like that would break through, but there weren't that many of those, and usually the non conference games were through some big crowds. But again they maybe quote unquote didn't mean that much when you're playing in December or November. But now with the Big Twelve, I mean, there's gonna be I don't know how many more ranked teams probably got eight or.
Speaker 4: More ranked games, you know among the finish here.
Speaker 2: If people who if you're listening and you have a season ticket, if you want to give us a call, how much are those tickets? Because I've been in ballyhooing the schedule most of the years since I wish I could well in not wish. If I had a chance to buy a seeing ticket, I would do it because you're going to get some quality games. Well you have it to this point. Tonight is one of them you'll get. You'll get Houston.
Speaker 5: You're not gonna get Kansas because they got kind of screwed in that one.
Speaker 4: But it's worth it.
Speaker 5: They got a revenge game against Texas. Texas, Yes, should be good. Some of the better games.
Speaker 6: West Virginia at one of those guys coming. It's Dandy b Yu in late February.
Speaker 2: So you get at least a better bite at the apple rather than the Pac twelve when you didn't get a lot of apples to bite.
Speaker 4: That makes sense. So so here we are. But tonight to your point.
Speaker 2: Yes, in recent times yes, but in long term times not so much. Because this was normal, these big games Stanford, U C, l A, Oregon, you know some of those maybe maybe UCLA teams every now and again.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but you're right, there were there was usually five crazy games with the fans win nuts and it was loud, and you know they never they never would sit down until who knows when there were a few of us.
Speaker 4: I agree with you. Tonight might be that night. It might be that night.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, Iowa State comes in what third in the country, playing well, just not a issue.
Speaker 4: That's the other thing.
Speaker 5: A lot of my friends and some of some some of the people I know. They said, who we played tonight? Said Iowa State? Oh, it should be easy win. I said, no, they're number three. That's part of the problem.
Speaker 4: And they hear that and they're like, oh, I should not sick to us. Well sorry, yeah, well that's part of the problem.
Speaker 2: We talked about the spread because Arizona's a three point favorite right going in, you know, at least as of right now. People who who don't know don't know, they would think like, you're your people, But people like East Coast, what are they thinking, uh, Arizona, Iowa State?
Speaker 4: If they know the rankings, what are you how are you going to bet it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I always say it's gonna win that easy, right.
Speaker 6: It's it's interesting just because we're all learning the Big twelve a little bit. But I mean, obviously they're good. They're ranked third in the nation, so people should kind of acknowledge that and hey, this could be a tough one. But you're right, as I'm watching, like said the bottom line, sometimes on these games on over the weekend, I have to think about what league are these guys in it?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: Oh? Col played? Who?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 6: Or they're in the ACC that's right, Cal's playing Duke.
Speaker 2: You know things like that. It's been a weird just year. Yeah overall for fans. Have you been paying attention to Oregon? No, so they're supposed to be very good. I didn't know that until they've got to the top twenty five.
Speaker 5: But it's another thing because you pay attention to them because they're in the league.
Speaker 4: Now they're not. I don't care, u CLA.
Speaker 2: You kind of pay attention because they was going to play them right and they struggle for a while. Now I guess there's going back to winning. But you know what I'm saying, because they were in the league, they were your cousin. Right now, you don't care what your cousin is because.
Speaker 6: I mean I'm flipping around Big ten Network TV and it's like, oh, Oregon's playing Rutgers.
Speaker 3: You know me?
Speaker 6: Games make no sense sometimes. Yeah, And I'm sure you know normal Big twelve long time Big twelve or Big eight fans from back in the day are going, what's Arizona doing here?
Speaker 2: Okay? Cool, it's already a three thirteen. We got to get ahold of the coach, uh Chappale. We'll talk more because we I mean, you talked about yesterday's game with the football games. I know you can talk about it in breaking news, so we'll figure this out. We'll get ahold of it, Chapelle and come back now.
Speaker 1: Are your chance to win one thousand dollars. Just enter this nationwide keyword on our website baiales. That's bails. Enter in right now Walk sports fourteen fifty dot com.
Speaker 8: Are you ready ready to discover your soul, your wild side, your passion, your joy and excitement. From the latest slots and table games, to award winning dining, to world class entertainment to a luxurious resort.
Speaker 4: Discover all this and more.
Speaker 8: Discover with Soul Casino del Soul, the soul of Tucson. Are you ready enterprise so Fasco Yucky Tribe Peace.
Speaker 9: We can help you select the perfect with type, color and style, and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the window Deepot dot com. The window Depot more than a US store.
Speaker 2: Steve Rivera here to talk about Doratle Rock and Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work. I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. Given we'll call at five two zero four zero zero for two three three.
Speaker 4: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 5: Arizona Health Arizona Health, Arizona Health.
Speaker 10: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the leading edge and exercise equipment on twenty seconds just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 11: Let's start twenty twenty five off with a bang by honoring those who did a bang up job for you in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Recognize your employees.
Speaker 11: Salespeople, managers and agents with a Creative Award from Creative Awards. It's time to restock your promotional products and convention giveaway items. And Creative Awards has over five hundred thousand products to choose from. Don't forget your corporate apparel for a great sharp look in twenty twenty five, visit the Creative Awards Idea Center at two twenty eight West Drackman. Visit them online at Creative Awards az dot com.
Speaker 12: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpe is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com, That's Volpe team dot com or call five two oh six one eight five six two six Today n MLS three oh eight seven, arizon A b K nine two nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity, How to commitment to Lyndrixson Credit greats and available loan programs or subjec to change with upt notice.
Speaker 13: Did you know collect these sports Cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking at chart or expand your collection, Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination.
Speaker 4: As one of the.
Speaker 13: Leading card shops in the country, we've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best in sports cards and trading card games. From rare fines to the latest releases, Showtime Cards has it all. Check them out at Showtimecards dot Com or visit them on East Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere trust Showtime Cards for their passion.
Speaker 11: Richard bacall Law Office, defending Arizonas for over thirty years and a Wildcat fan for over sixty. If you need an experienced criminal defense attorney, call Richard McCall five to two oh seven to four to roh twelve thirteen.
Speaker 4: Broud sponsor of Eye on the Ball.
Speaker 14: Go cats, got bugs, termites, bees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialists. That's can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termitespis or rodents serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azpest dot com to schedule your free evaluation. Today, baseball fans, it's.
Speaker 7: Time to experience the thrill of the game like never before. The World Baseball Classic Qualifiers coming to Tucson, Arizona, and you don't want to miss this incredible event. For four action pack days, the world's best teams will compete for their spot in the Global Championship. The games are set for March second, third, fourth, and sixth. Each day features two games at eleven am and six pm, with the finale on March sixth at six pm. Join us at Keno Veterans Memorial Baseball Stadium, located at the Keno Sports Complex in Tucson. It's the perfect venue to watch a league baseball talent from around the globe feel the excitement is powerhouse team from Germany, Brazil, China, and Columbia take the field. Whether you're a lifelong fan or just looking for an unforgetable day out, the World Baseball Classic Qualifier is an event.
Speaker 4: For everyone in Southern Arizona.
Speaker 7: Bring your friends, your family, and your love for the game to Tucson this March. Tickets are selling fast, so don't wait. Visit World Baseball Classic dot com or sas TFA dot com. That's SASFA dot com to secure your seats today. This message is brought to you by the Southern Arizona sports tourism and film authority.
Speaker 1: Steve Rivera. He's got his eye on the ball on Tucson's sports station, Fox Sports fourteen fifteen.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to I on the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 4: I'm Steve Rivera. In with me today is Dave Silver.
Speaker 2: Now on the foal we have at baseball coach at you a chip, Hail Chip?
Speaker 4: How are you.
Speaker 3: Great? Good to be on with you guys.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, we have a quick story from Dave. Go start it. Oh the story.
Speaker 6: I just wanted to personally thank you again for the hospitality you did for me and my buddies a number of years ago. Remember in Oakland when we were at the game, I got down on the field and I'd been on the field of course many times, but those guys were so thrilled and still talk about you to this day about what that meant to them as longtime baseball fans, and just I wanted to say thank you. I've known you forever and you're all. He has been a great guy. There's no surprise. But we just had a wonderful time and really appreciated that.
Speaker 15: Well I do remember, and it was it was a good day, and I appreciate that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and whatever happened to the Oakland A's and you believe it shipped there.
Speaker 3: Now the Sacramento as in Las Vegas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're looking forward to this year. I'm sure you are.
Speaker 15: Oh, yeah, we're we're excited. I think you know, this is kind of the four years we've been here. Now we finally got all all of our recruits in and uh we got some really good veterans and some young kids and uh, some portal players.
Speaker 3: We've kind of done it the new way.
Speaker 15: Of NCAA Baseball and the NCAA sports, you know, you have to kind of mix them all together and uh.
Speaker 3: Junior college kids included. So I think we got a good group.
Speaker 2: Has that process or or you know, the new way, as you said, changed the way you coach.
Speaker 3: No, No, I think you know you just keep you teach, you teach, you know your system, and you to play to what you have. You know, you can't say, well.
Speaker 15: I'm gonna we're gonna run a lot, or we're gonna hit for power if you don't have those type of players. You have to play with what you have. I think we have a lot better athletes we've had in the past. We'll be able to do be a little you know, do a few more things on the offensive side. Pitching is a little unknown this year, but we have a lot of good arms with good stuff.
Speaker 3: You know, we have to just.
Speaker 15: Figure out how that's gonna work out. You know, to get nine innings and twenty seven outs. Is it gonna be with two guys or four guys? You know, it's gonna be like the World Series where you're you know, you're just seeing a new guy every couple of innings. But we have a ton you know, you usually use twelve or thirteen guys on a weekend at the most. You know, we could use up to sixteen or seventeen. We feel like those guys are good enough to throw on the weekends.
Speaker 6: You had to replace a number of pitchers right, basically almost your entire staff, So what's that.
Speaker 3: Well, No, we're you know, we're playing the three starter starting out.
Speaker 15: Jackson, Kent, Clark, Candyotti and Walt all were drafted and they left and so that that's gonna be the big thing. And they were the great thing about those three were they they were five six innings every time out. So it makes a game a lot shorter for your bullpen. But we think we have some guys, I mean, you know, stuff wise, like I said, with really you know, superb, high end, high draft guys.
Speaker 3: But again you know they have to do it on the on the mound and competition.
Speaker 2: So we'll see you talk about being four years. Has it gone quickly or not? But because you've had some pretty good success.
Speaker 3: No, I think it has. I think it goes. It goes fas as you guys know, as we get older, things go back for sure. So it's gone quickly.
Speaker 15: I think my recruiting Coordinaiy crip Couch has done an unbelievable job of of sort of you know with the classes, you know, filling our needs and getting guys.
Speaker 3: If it was a we have a couple of.
Speaker 15: Development guys on each group, and you know that'll become a shorter group too, because you know we're going from.
Speaker 3: Forty to thirty or next year.
Speaker 15: So again it's the game is gonna change again on us and who knows where it goes from there. But he's done a good job of making sure if we don't have.
Speaker 3: What we need for the next year. The junior college ranks have been huge for US.
Speaker 15: Team has been really good and you know South Mountain Central or really good high power junior colleges across the country that they're probably through the best and we've been able to, you know, really have good relationships with them. And then the portal has been been been decent to us. You know, we've been able to get the guys that we've needed.
Speaker 5: Hey, coach, this is a juant serround with asy desert swarm. You know, just looking at the schedule, you got a trip to Arlington coming up, and a couple of weeks later you got some SEC competition in Houston. Just looking at the schedule, what do you see from it? What do you expect from your team on these road trips?
Speaker 15: Yeah, you know, I somebody asked me that question today and it's so interesting because I I think of like USC football, right and people are so they play Notre Dame and they play all these you know, they'll go play LSU, and I think that's what the kids want to go to college and play. And so whenever we have the opportunity to go to those tournaments and play SEC teams or play teams from the ACC like Clemson in Louisville and like we're doing in the first tournament, I think that that's that's part of it.
Speaker 3: It's part of the college experience.
Speaker 15: And last year we did the same thing and we started the league the PAC twelve, you know, under five hundred, but it was okay, we're you know, we were playing teams that we weren't ready for.
Speaker 3: This year, we're hoping.
Speaker 15: That this older group of position players is ready for that and then we can get on the get in, get some wins against really good teams and help our RPI to start. But if we don't and things don't work out, we know it'll.
Speaker 3: Help us down the road in the league. We won't panic about it.
Speaker 15: But I think it's important you go to different places like the two big league stadiums and get these guys that experience.
Speaker 3: So we'll always play the toughest schedule we can.
Speaker 6: Is it a conscious effort to go into Texas now that you're in the Big twelve.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is.
Speaker 15: I think we need to you know, we need to get you know, a better recruiting hold there.
Speaker 3: It's hard.
Speaker 15: I mean, you know you're talking about Texas, Texas Tech, Texas A and M. You know, even the smaller schools there, you know, I mean TC used outstanding, but even like the Texas States and school like that, they get really good players.
Speaker 3: So when you start recruiting there, you know it's left the LA area.
Speaker 15: You know that that's been a tough one too, because those kids all want to go to the SEC now.
Speaker 3: So we are trying.
Speaker 15: We have a few coming in twenty six already committed, and again we go j C wide. There's some really good j season in Texas too, so we look that way.
Speaker 4: I know, the roster terms over a lot.
Speaker 2: How did last year help you maybe set you up for maybe success this year? You'll get tastes and yeah, yeah, the.
Speaker 15: Position players, you know, getting all that experience at a young age. And that's why it was so important with Candiotti and Can't and Walty to win those games for us because you know, our offense was challenged at times, and that group really grew as the year went on, and I think that they're really you know, become leaders. And we have you know, with Summer Hill leading off and the speed and the power, we we have a really good chance to do some really exciting things on that side of the ball.
Speaker 2: Who's gonna be on the non pitcher side of it. Who are going to be some of the those leaders that you'll need.
Speaker 15: Yeah, we got you know, Britain Summerhill play right. Mason White obviously from South Point is going to be a huge huge part at shortstop, you know, his junior year. Both those guys are juniors, and you know that's that's another whole issue you deal with in college baseball is now they're juniors, they're draft eligible.
Speaker 3: How's that going to affect each guy?
Speaker 15: You know, it's going to be different, and how are they going to handle that? So that's another thing that we have to coach him up on. And then you don't have Garret Caulfield has been here for four years and he was not drafted last year, disappointed, but he came back to play senior year and and he's been nothing but Uneagles hitter and playing second base for us.
Speaker 4: So you know, old wins and cops.
Speaker 15: Andrew Kine will be a big part of this thing. From Ironwood Ridge. It's we have a plethora hitters. We have some good guys. One of our big transfers, portal transfers, is Aaron Walton who comes to us from Samford University, not Stanford, but Samford down in Alabama.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 15: And he's a super exciting you know, it looks like Mike Trout out there in center field.
Speaker 3: So we'll see how that goes with some.
Speaker 6: Of the portal players. Are these did you go see him in Alabama or are they coming to you?
Speaker 4: How is that working?
Speaker 3: Yeah? They get, well what happens this?
Speaker 15: And it's more so with the pictures, but they get, you know, they we once that portal opens, all of our you know undergrad you know, analytics kids, my pitching strategist John de Royan, they just pour over this video and look at that and you can really do a lot with analytics on the pitching side, the hitting side.
Speaker 3: You know, we we see what we need.
Speaker 15: You know, we knew we needed one more outfielder and he was playing on a team with three of our players up at the n ECB l up in Rhode Island. So we had a lot of connections with that team, and obviously our players were there and they said, hey, this kid is unbelievable.
Speaker 3: You got to come. And so we looked at video and.
Speaker 15: Talked to many coaches and scouts as we could, and then you know, we offered him a deal and and luckily we got them.
Speaker 2: When you come into this situation as a coach, right, I think it's before nil and all that stuff.
Speaker 4: It was before you came in, before you think.
Speaker 3: It literally started the day I took the job.
Speaker 2: That's to my point. He said, no one promised you this, right, No one said no you. Oh, by the way, how do you how do you deal with it?
Speaker 15: You just deal with it. I mean it's like life. I mean our whole life. Things have been changing, right. We didn't have cell phones, we you know, we didn't have all these things. And we just move on. And if you don't, you know, you're not going to be doing it much longer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 6: What would n L A N I L have been like, uh, you know forty years ago when you were doing this here, would you right there?
Speaker 3: It was a little different, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: A little bit.
Speaker 2: Oh well, would you have you guys were stars back then, you guys were you.
Speaker 6: Guys would have been you guys would have been making bank.
Speaker 3: It would have been very interesting. We you know.
Speaker 15: Listen, that's like the old thing when I was in the Big League and Bob Feller were to come around, and he would complain of how much money he would have should have made, you know, compared to what guys were making then. And I had the best time, and this set me up for a great life. Met my wife at the U of A and played for the greatest coach in college baseball, so I couldn't ask for anything more. I got to meet Dave Silver right there.
Speaker 6: You know, that was a big time he speaking of coach. And maybe not to go on a downer, but what about the loss of Jim Wing here in the last few What did he mean to you? Yeah, those Tucson fans know who he was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a tough one.
Speaker 15: Obviously an icon here in Tucson, even you're even more than you know.
Speaker 3: Coach Kendle did so many things at the U of A.
Speaker 15: But to see what Jim did, you know, in just the Tucson High and all these Palaverdi and all these schools and then to go onto the u of A.
Speaker 3: But you know, we were really really lucky with Coach Wing because we spent a lot of time with him.
Speaker 15: At the end, he got to see the new pitching wing which we named after him.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 15: And in the back of our the Terry Francona Center, we redid it and it's it's a it's a pitching lab. And so he got to go in there and see it working and Kevin Advance and John Durrow and kind.
Speaker 3: Of talking through it.
Speaker 15: And that was a great thing about Coach Wing is he was very progressive and he was always you know, a lot of the old school people don't like the fact that, you know, the lab deal or the way we're we're looking all these numbers too much. He was into everything. He wanted to know about it. He wanted to be educated on it.
Speaker 2: Where did you, uh, you been around the game a long time? Uh, where did you get your philosophy from? You're you're coaching philosophy? And then maybe there's a difference between philosophy baseball wise and maybe just speaking wise. You know your your philosophy thinking.
Speaker 15: Wise, well, I think that just comes with with with age and and growth, and obviously it's your your mentors.
Speaker 3: And coach Kendall was one of them.
Speaker 15: Tom Kelly was one of them. You know, my high school coach was was like a football coach, so he was it was a different way of coaching.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And as.
Speaker 15: I get older, you know, you get you probably get a little more mellow and you're you know you we've all had kids that are now grown and gone, So these guys are just kids to me.
Speaker 3: You know, they're my.
Speaker 15: Kids now, they're the kids. And are they gonna make mistakes? Yes, are they gonna make physical they gonna make dumb.
Speaker 3: Decisions off the field, Yeah, but we have to teach them and make them better.
Speaker 2: Are you still kind of how far away from the season starting a couple three weeks?
Speaker 3: Two weeks? Yes, three weeks?
Speaker 4: You already know?
Speaker 3: More weeks of intersquad?
Speaker 4: Do you already know what you have planned for game one?
Speaker 3: We're getting there.
Speaker 15: We're getting there, and we have some really tough decisions to make. We got probably four guys, five guys to play four positions in the field, and then we got to figure out who's our Friday night starter to start the season, and.
Speaker 6: You have a meet the team coming up here in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: I think in a couple of weeks. Yeah, yeah, it'll be fun.
Speaker 15: You know, that's kind of a it's a good test for them to you know, have a regular like a game DP with two teams and fans in the stands, and you.
Speaker 3: Know, all that stuff is good for them. But yeah, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 15: We play Old Myths on that first Friday fourteenth at that Globe Life and who knows, we'll see how those guys react.
Speaker 5: And just talking about think Simon, you to meet the team seasons coming up, but it's a new conference, new opponents. What are you kind of looking for or looking like looking ahead to and kind of focusing on with.
Speaker 4: The Big twelve comp incoming.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I'm really excited about it. I think I think I was thinking about those same things. And you know, there's just we played in places in the in the Pac twelve. You know, Oregon State was crazy, you know, always packed Oregon, you know, not so much, you know, cal there might be four or five hundred people, you know. I think in the Big Twelve, you're gonna we're gonna run into a lot different fans.
Speaker 3: It's gonna be pretty rowdy.
Speaker 15: It's gonna be more like an Oregon state everywhere you go, and we go to some pretty good ones. Go to West Virginia, I know it is a tough place to play. We go to Texas Tech and Lubbock, so I think those are gonna be super fun for the guys and just good, good experiences.
Speaker 2: I don't want to use the word pressure because I don't think you care about much of it, and I'm sure the players don't. You ranked in the twenties or in the upper teens, What does that mean?
Speaker 4: Do you even give a crap?
Speaker 15: Well, I just think it's it's it's when you do all those because I had to vote on this all the time.
Speaker 3: Of course you don't.
Speaker 15: Vote on your own team, but so who am I going to put at the top of these?
Speaker 3: You know, when you go who's the best team in our conference?
Speaker 15: Well, I had I voted for Oklahoma stake because they probably had the most starters back or their their portal guys were better than the rest of that.
Speaker 3: We got everybody got or so.
Speaker 15: Really it's just on you know, who has the veterans, And in the end, it really doesn't matter. But yeah, I mean last year that was the beauty. We're ranked, not you know, pick the go ninth in the Pac twelve, we end up winning it. So we have to realize that too, that whoever's in.
Speaker 3: The nice box up when our conference to be ready for it.
Speaker 6: I mean, have you had a chance to even kind of scout some of these schools like the Texas Texts of the World or you know, some of the schools.
Speaker 3: We know how good they are.
Speaker 15: They got a lot of good players, and we know some of the players are at these places. But no, I mean the problem with playing these tournaments early is when we go go to scout and we had you know, we have the ability.
Speaker 3: Now in colleg it was just totally different.
Speaker 15: When I play, we have so much video and stuff that we can look at out of these teams. So now we have three you know, we get to do Old Miss for Fridays and Clemson Saturday and Louisville on Sunday, so basically where you have to scout three different teams.
Speaker 3: So we got we got to get into the start that.
Speaker 15: This next week and you know, kind of assign some of the younger coaches some some jobs to do on the scouting part.
Speaker 4: Well, Chip, we appreciate your time. Good luck.
Speaker 2: We'll ball hope to talk to you at some point in the season.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, thanks for having me. I can't wait to video. Can be there tonight, a big game for the cat heading there. I'll be there.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you solely, all right, bear down to take care panel Eve and he Chip knows the big magnitude of miss second Terry Francona. Why yeah, I don't think they sit there. Well, well, I think that he's already kind of coming Cincinnati, getting ready for opening Day or not, you know, for spring training, spring training, because it's a couple of weeks. Pitchers and catchers and all this could beat I think we'll see. Yeah, thanks, thanks, check. Well, let's come back and talk more about the last X game and stuff like that. If you're an Arizona men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Take a look back at the Ludolsen era in my new book, Lessons from Loot. It was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches, and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them competed against them and inspired them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's beloved coach. Lessons from Loot is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one Email me at Steve dot RIVERA ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 4: Hi, this is.
Speaker 16: Formal while get Lemanhundly with Arizona Health. Imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort, and your time. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform your personal space and your life. We off a complete line of cardio machines, multi gms and freeway equipment. I'll certify fitness experts and technicians. Was set you out with the right equipment and training to get you started and keep you going. Visit our shareroom today at twenty second in Wilmot. Arizona Health the lead to edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 11: What's your goal? A new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from in financial laid available, It's time to earn the degreeer certificate. You need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at Pima dot edu.
Speaker 4: Slash someday, Hey.
Speaker 2: Tucson, Steve rivera heir, and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Markets All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender vender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to say call them today and score big on your insurance With the Edmond Markets All State Agency. You're always in good head. Visit them at twenty seven nineteen North Temple or call him at five two zero three two three nine three three three. Selling your home? Want to get more money for it? Will Danny Roth can help you? He told me about his you Flip the Home You Own program. The program allows for a homeowner to fix up their home to sell without using any of their own money. They will be able to sell the home. For a much higher price. Danny Roth with Omni Holmes International is the real estate consultant in Tucson that offers this program. He has consistently been the top agent in Tucson for the last thirty years and has sold over ten thousand, five hundred homes. For more information on this program or just buying our selling a home, oh Danny Roth at five two zero four nine zero four thousand, Tuyson.
Speaker 11: It's time for the Cool of Guarden Classic by Exact Sciences March seventh through the ninth at La Paloma Country Club and the Western La Paloma Resort and Spa. Come see some of golf's greatest players competing for the coveted Tucson can Quisador's helmet. It's PGA Tour Championship golf at its finest. Don't forget to join us Friday and Saturday Night under the Stars to watch Vanilla, Ice and Co So live in concert.
Speaker 4: At Rito Park.
Speaker 11: The Colo Guard Classic by Exact Sciences benefiting Colo Rectal Cancer awareness in Tucson Youth sports. Get your tickets and more at Colo Guard Classic dot com. This that is brought to you by file Bomb Crowley Investment Group at RBC Wealth Management.
Speaker 1: Breaking down all the xys and ohs. This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Box Sports sporteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to win on the Ball Hero Fox Sports fourteen fifty. Young Stu Rivera in with me to Dave Dave Silver. We have one helping at the board, which means we will be error free hopefully.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we'll see what happens. Good to tell you.
Speaker 2: If you guys want to call, please do five two, oho four one six, seventy four to forty. You go into the game. If you are uh, if you're not either, what are you hoping to see? What do you hoping to get open to see?
Speaker 6: Anthonyon del Orso do what he did the other day That was quite impressive.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Let me let me say this because when Jay and I or you know, Jay, mister pessimistic. I guess yeah, two guys are me realist to get him pessimistic? The best shooter since who was the best shooter? Who was the best shooter in your memory?
Speaker 4: Arizona? Not best? I'm sorry, I'm sorry the most recent best show.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: You got to go back? Do you think you gotta go back?
Speaker 2: One might kind of watch than because one, you know, when you're a kid, you pay attention to everything and you know names. I'm gonna throw a name at you if you guys don't get it. And he wasn't very good. It was good, but he wasn't very good. JAYRK. You remember his senior year, senior day, blah blah blah, you finally started hitting threes. I said, what the hell?
Speaker 4: Where you been?
Speaker 6: He had a couple like seven or six or seven game. You know six or seven makes a game.
Speaker 2: Well, his senior year I think he had eight that when he set the entire directord with something. But I'm thinking, if this is who you are, where you been, isn't he still out playing? I think, yeah, he was little drink or he had a chance, But I mean, I've selim when you start thinking about those guys of pure shooters. He was just money, so good to watch, so fun to watch, and very effective. Had an interesting professional career himself, but great at the U of A for sure.
Speaker 5: You talk about best year he talking from behind the arc or yeah, yeah, yeah, I would probably say gave you or gave.
Speaker 2: You York okay, And before him, what else you got? Selim Sell and that's that's stupid. Going another ten years, it always.
Speaker 6: Seemed like Arizona the other seems like UCLA always seemed to have like that designated shooter on their teams, or Stanford and Arizona every once in a while, oh yeah, we finally got one of those guys. So and then sometimes they would, but Arizona built there. You know, they also had a lot of things that other teams didn't have, like amazing back courts, and people could do a lot of good stuff that wasn't necessarily a three point shot, like the the Jason Gardner Gilbert Reinas era and of course before that. So you know, the U of A doesn't have anything to be ashamed about with that when it comes to that.
Speaker 2: No, no, but there have been very few great shooters.
Speaker 4: And I'm in every school party has the same situation.
Speaker 6: You know, when Colorado throws out, you know, his own defense the entire game. You had to have that the other day, right if somebody's knocking him down, so they're going to be in trouble, so they get a spark from him, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know where the second half well, and not with this season paying a part cale you think Caleb Love would have been in that group. No, I mean he's not because you're not consistent. And now he's been so erratic. It's interesting.
Speaker 6: You know, he had some up and downs the beginning and then he had a little bit of stretch there where it was pretty solid, and you know, you kind of don't know what you're gonna get. It seems like if he can start quickly, he just kind of has the momentum going. But again the other day, you know, he missed about three or four shots in the first five six minutes and he's on the bench and he has to kind of come back and think about himself.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna ask you something because we said all season long, so it was there.
Speaker 4: So it was Caleb Bluff, so was Arizona.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think we're at a point now where maybe just my my observation, my solo observation, it seems like they're going game to the game. Whoever sure, whoever can win us the game. We're gonna live with that. Yeah, would you would you live with that?
Speaker 6: Or would do you would? Is it still so cos killer blow? Well, go ahead, I was gonna say you win. They win by fifteen points. The other day, and they had pretty good balance. Really, they had three players over ten and then they had a couple eights and nine, so I mean they are getting really good balance.
Speaker 2: Actually, here's my issue. They're not playing anybody good. They hadn't played Colorado.
Speaker 3: Is not that good.
Speaker 2: You're supposed to be them by eight fifteen, eighteen whatever? It was, right, we got a call, so I'll finish that statement after the call.
Speaker 4: Hello, you're on the air nine on the ball.
Speaker 3: Who's this? Hey? This is Vic.
Speaker 17: What's going on?
Speaker 13: Guy?
Speaker 3: Vic?
Speaker 4: Will you lose my phone number? What's up with that?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 17: No, no, but we've been winning. I haven't been able to bitch too much.
Speaker 2: Well you do that on online with me enough, so you know. I mean, they're down by they're down by two to zero, and I'm already getting the calls.
Speaker 3: Or the test.
Speaker 17: But what I want to see tonight is, uh man, I want to be Caleb Good get hit.
Speaker 4: Because I want.
Speaker 17: To see Caleb go off at least get twenty. I just grew for that guy so hard and then never comes due fruition. But I'm hoping that he can come through to night.
Speaker 2: Well, here's my part of my thing that we're going to talk about hang on, Victor, So how are they doing this by committee?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: So I get that they haven't played anybody really good yet in conference maybe Baylor maybe, but that's at home tonight they play Always State. I've said this, this is the test tonight. Okay, So now they know tonight will know this is how good they are, at least in this situation. But guess what in March, when it matters matters and you're going to be playing teams that are all good, that's when Caleb has to show up because this team needs that dude.
Speaker 4: Whoever that due out, he needs to be that dude.
Speaker 17: See I told you years ago, or at least a year ago.
Speaker 3: If you go through history.
Speaker 17: Of all NBA teams and even college champions, they've always had a superman and a batman Michael Jordan and Scottie and Kobe and Shack and the you know, the Pistons with Isaiah and this team don't have that, And.
Speaker 6: The pressure of course ramps up in the postseason. You know, if he's having a bad game and everyone's gonna be looking around, and you know, it's just the chemistry has to be strong. So fortunately, in some of these games, you know, some guys have stepped up, so I think that's what they're gonna have to hope for.
Speaker 2: Well, you remember last year, okay, he went two for whatever, it was eighteen, whatever, it was three for eighteen, and they needed him. They needed him these games. Okay, maybe they get it, maybe they don't, but in March, they definitely need it, honestly, because you're not. It's not me and big playing basketball. It's it's big time basketball.
Speaker 6: And you need your big time playing.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeahs don't have sex before the big fight. Okay, right, oh sure, yeah.
Speaker 17: Hey, but one shooter you guys are forgetting is marketing.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah they yeah, yeah, in fact, he's in fact, he's the best player in the last fifteen years in my mind.
Speaker 17: Yeah he's he's probably mine too.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 17: And he turned it, you know, he turned it into a great career too, So.
Speaker 2: Sure yeah marketing. Yeah, well, who's the best offender in marketing? I say this all the time? Who?
Speaker 3: Yes, I do your boy?
Speaker 17: Who career longgo career?
Speaker 4: Did give him the ball?
Speaker 17: God? That was I still wake up nightmares on that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah game, yep, yeah, okays.
Speaker 17: A bunch of man, but I'll see you tonight and you guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, don't don't bother me too much with those texts.
Speaker 4: If they're down by.
Speaker 17: Three, No, I'm gonna be there, so I won't be I won't be go say hello, okay guy thanks.
Speaker 2: So that was my point this game is Okay, they're important to have them, sure, for sure, but when it matters, now, when you got to win six straight or three, you know, whatever, they need it.
Speaker 6: I can't have somebody going, you know, two for ten, that's gonna be the end of your season.
Speaker 2: Not when you have that, dude, you've been here long. Yeah, Curve two for thirteen I think it was Salem two for thirteen against against Illinois. These big games. They cannot go south in those huge games.
Speaker 6: And that's when you watch the teams that win and advance there. They just don't have that happening, right. You know, their best players play at their at their at their best. Usually somebody knows how to playing march and take over again.
Speaker 2: Gaming against Arkansas, you know, in the Final four, Lid it was just you know, you just can't those dudes who can carry you, they cannot stop carrying.
Speaker 6: Yeah, a lot of pressure, you know, these kids, they're kids, and sometimes it just gets to them. I think when when when at the worst possible time.
Speaker 2: Dave their kids. Now they make it a tug them.
Speaker 3: Mm hm.
Speaker 2: That that matters. That's just the different that's their parachute. It's a golden parachute.
Speaker 6: See how much some of these quarterbacks are making. The kid that transferred from Georgia to Miami, what's that? Probably four million?
Speaker 3: I think it is.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean the ni L money is you know, they people find out what those numbers are and they're ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they having a four million right now for Carson Beck.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The issue guys getting paid to everybody's getting scatabooz. What's he gonna do? Is he even? He's going? Is he done? He's in the NFL, He's going, He's done. You'll probably find a spot too. But he's projected by my Broncos right now?
Speaker 4: What what?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 5: The second round? That possibly the dude was probably not gonna get drafted before this year. No, not at all. And sometimes you just have a miracle season gets your career. Yeah, yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Let's hold, let's remember that when it happens, that's in April, right, yeah, Okay, we'll see no more calls. We'll take some calls on the other side. We have breaking news with you right here.
Speaker 5: Count But you want to talk about the games, right? Oh, the last night'scape, Just real quick? Did you think did you have a dog in the fight in the Buffalo?
Speaker 2: Again?
Speaker 4: I was kind of rooting for the Bills. I wash too.
Speaker 2: I actually bet bet a little on them, thinking that they was eventually going to end, and it didn't end. Did you think they get screwed on that fourth down?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 5: Yes, yes, on the call, But I don't think that's a difference in the game.
Speaker 4: Well, you wouldn't know because they had still had possession.
Speaker 5: They had many possessions before that where they didn't score. Oh, I don't like your philosophy. No good way to look at it.
Speaker 2: But that that play, why did they review it from the from the back side, I don't know, and the other side.
Speaker 6: They shouldn't have showed that both what line judges I guess or the side judges whoever comes in and marks it, and they were both a different spot.
Speaker 2: I didn't make sense. But the guy on the other side who saw the ball marked it good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't make any sense, I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna find every ticket I get because.
Speaker 4: What the hell cameras don't work? What angles that said?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 4: I love?
Speaker 5: What's going around is that it's a what billion dollar a league. They can't find the technology to put like a little tracker and the ball saw like they do in soccer, and there's no nine judges anymore in tennis.
Speaker 4: They said they have the money to do it.
Speaker 6: It's ridiculous. I mean, there's gotta be some laser they can just lay out there and get it.
Speaker 4: Wow, it was unbelievable. I was watching it, like you guys were watching that thinking.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's got it, and then another reviewing it, Oh, he's got it. And then they said he didn't get it.
Speaker 4: What once?
Speaker 5: They they they spotted him shorts once. They definitively, definitively did not get it when they was like they could have pushed them five guards forward.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I knew it wasn't gonna go their way.
Speaker 5: Because of the history, Yeah, and the city Kansas City of the refs and just the way things go for them.
Speaker 4: It's fun, you know.
Speaker 6: That's kind of been the storyline all week. Put the rest and the guys on TV didn't even really say anything about it. I didn't hear like Jim Nantz or anybody saying, you know, well, the referees had kind of been for kids. Well it looked like it, but they didn't saying what about the last play? And I didn't hear this because I was listening to the TV. I was watching TV.
Speaker 2: Uh on the last play and he fell short, right, you can catch it? And there was supposed to be a flag. They said there was a flag, and then there was no flag.
Speaker 4: I guess I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn'teah.
Speaker 6: It must have been something that came off the sidelines. Yeah, the picure took it off. They did say there's a penalty. Oh wait, there's no flag. Yeah right, so yeah, Kincaide should have had that too. Although watching it live, it didn't look like I had a chance. But then show the replay, he was right there. So too bad for him.
Speaker 2: Destiny, I don't know if you believe in it. What.
Speaker 4: No team has won three straight, So here we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and Philly looked really good obviously, and Barkley is fantastic.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we'll see, we'll see. That was kind of sad for Washington. That was a great run they had and he's Jayden Daniels has got them set up, you know, if he stays healthy for the next decade, and you know, they've got all kinds of cap money. I was listening to some things today about from DC that they're they're ready to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we start the season like to.
Speaker 2: It seems like nineteen seventy seventy five whatever years that they were very good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll I lost this now, but might maybe Ansaria on the other side of the break if the Chiefs pull it off. You know, three P is this one of the greatest teams in history? And does where does my homes place in history?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 2: Teams for this year or all time? No, no, but the previous year is pretty good. Last year's team was pretty good. Yeah, this year they they got lucky. Yeah, they squeaked out and they got lucky a couple of times. Yesterday was one of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's why I That's why I bet Buffalo because at some point, Dave, it catches up to you. It catches up to you, and it hasn't caught up to you at.
Speaker 6: Some point maybe when we have time, maybe during that so we can look up kind of compare them to like how the Niners did with their run the Steelers when they're they won like four out of six. The Niners won, you know, four out of seven. I mean, there's they're kind of in that spot right now if they win another one.
Speaker 2: Program probably, but not like team this year. Last year's teach was pretty good the year before. And then where would you put Mahomes? Where does he go? I don't know enough about that, but he's only twenty nine. But he's fun to watch. I mean, he's just fun to watch.
Speaker 5: And I saw something and said in his seven years as a starter, his worst finish to a season was losing in the AFC.
Speaker 2: Championship, right, you know, No, if you can have a quarterback, who do you want?
Speaker 4: You want a dude that knows how to win exactly.
Speaker 6: You know, and all these other teams, you know, it's just like in the NBA. They're like the Utah Jazz or like Carl Malone and John Stockton going up against Jordan. I mean, all these guys are you know, Josh Josh Allen?
Speaker 4: You know, is he ever gonna win? While Mahomes is still so what's that Scooby Doo face?
Speaker 2: I would want a few championships had it not been for those damn kids.
Speaker 4: That's how he is.
Speaker 2: That damn chiefs, there was damn chiefs and.
Speaker 4: My homes and all that. I mean, he's kind of in that era.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, everybody has that nemesis right here we go, let's go