Speaker 1: Something you should go something you should know is brought to you by GENESISGOLDIRA dot com. That's also something you should know. You can put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Genesis Gold Group is the only IRA backed by physical gold and silver. You can learn more and get a free gold and silver guide at Genesis gooldra dot com. Excited to visit right now with Emily Waldner and she's with the Helpline Center and we're going to talk about becoming a mentor the Sue fifty two Mentoring Initiative. This is something that's been going on for a couple of years and it's a big deal, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It is a big deal. Yeah, we're excited to highlight it, especially this month because it's National Mentoring Month and just to help gain more awareness and to falls about what.
Speaker 1: This initiative is and Sue fifty two Mentoring. The concept is to become a mentor. And the thing that I will tell you get more out of it as a mentor than you put into it at one hundred percent. I guarantee it.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. That's something we definitely promote when we speak to businesses and we're trying to get individuals to sign up is that the benefit of the relationship is really mutual. The mentees get a lot out of it, the mentors get a lot out of it. And studies have shown individual to mentor time to have higher job satisfaction, have higher satisfaction in just their life in general as well.
Speaker 1: And the thing that is cool, the reason they call it SOUE fifty two mentoring Initiative. The concept is to become a mentor for one hour a week, you would spend time with somebody, and that's just fifty two hours a year. So that's why it's sue fifty two. And that hour the thing that's crazy, It goes by so fast and you look forward to it because it's staying much fun.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, and our nonprofit partners who are providing these opportunities are really great. I'm making sure it stays at an hour because especially if they're pulling away individuals from their job or we realize everyone has crazy busy lives, but we truly do feel like every single person can give just an hour a week to make a difference in someone else's life as well as once you're mentoring an individual, it doesn't just stop there. Oftentimes there's a trickle effect where that mentee wants to become a mentor themselves, or it impacts the mentees families lives as well.
Speaker 1: And if you're looking to maybe get some more information on this, the helpline Center of Sue Falls, their website has it, but you can simply find on the website Sue five to two meter dot org, so sou fifty two meter dot org and on here you can get information about different organizations that you can volunteer with. But there are several organizations that are looking for volunteers to become mentors right now, aren't there.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Yeah, the need is definitely very great in Two Falls, especially as this city continues to grow, the need for mentors just continues to grow as well. Especially in our school district. We're noticing that mentoring is declining unfortunately, even though we're identifying more and more students that are qualifying in our good candidates to have mentors. So we definitely want to get the word out about how easy it is to get signed up. If you go to su fifty two dot org, there's a quick form you can fill out. We'll get you connected to the mentoring opportunity, assist with onboarding, assists with training, and then get you partnered and how you start mentoring out in the community.
Speaker 1: And there's a bunch of opportunities. I just I'm on the website now Sue fifty two dot org, Sue and then just the numbers five two Sue fifty two dot org, and I clicked on the program with informations one tab for youth programs and other adult and family mentoring and other senior programs. So the nice thing is if you're saying, you know, I would rather spend time with a senior citizen or I'd rather spend time with a child, there's different opportunities because everybody's probably looking for something a little different in their life, right.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, absolutely, We totally recognize youth mentoring might not be for everyone, and so there are so many opportunities to mentor a young entrepreneur, someone who's previously incarcerated, a young single mom, as well as you know, to see your citizen. Program we have with LSS is a very strong program where all mentors get partnered with an individual that is over the age of eighty years old. They're maybe feeling some type of loneliness or isolation and just helping them combat that site, creating that relationship and being a friend to that individual.
Speaker 1: And again, January is National Mentoring Month, so this month there's a little bit more of a focus on letting people know about this. But this is not just a January thing. It's twelve months out of the year and there's always an opportunity. So if you're going, well, I'm busy right now, I can't do it now, but maybe in February I have time to start something like this. You could start at any time. Really, yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of times two people think are in school mentoring they have to get signed up before the school year starts, and that's not true either. They can start that at anytime as well as any of the other opportunities. They want more mentors, so anytime you sign up. So we just want to gain the awareness for the initiatives because it's like you said, someone's gonna be really busy right now, but they at least know SU fifty two exist, so that's down the road. They have the time to volunteer and get a little more plugged in the community. They know that this opportunity exists.
Speaker 1: Well, Emily Thank you so much for doing what you guys do at the Helpline Center. We appreciate you taking the time to chat with us about this today.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, thank you so much for highlighting it.
Speaker 1: Absolutely again, Emily Waldner with the Helpline Center. If you'd like to learn more about SUE fifty two the mentoring Initiative, you can get all of the details at Sue five to two dot org. Against SUE fifty two dot org and Something you Should Know. Something you Should Know is brought to you by Genesisgoldra dot com. Put your retirement plan on the gold standard. Get a free gold and Silver guide now at Genesisgoldra dot com.