Speaker 1: Because fuck you, that's why. Is a founding member of the Odd Pods Media Network.
Speaker 2: Hello and welcome to episode two hundred and ninety of the b FY.
Speaker 1: T W BAM is getting close.
Speaker 2: To ninety, getting very closet, getting real close to three hundred.
Speaker 1: Anybody challenge us? Now we're too high up.
Speaker 2: There, the triple Hondo crazy.
Speaker 1: It's one hundred for each of a lot, one hundred pennies each.
Speaker 3: We made it about about what we've made.
Speaker 1: That's about six years.
Speaker 2: It's about it's about how much we've actually pocketed each other.
Speaker 4: Pocketed, right, yeah, uh okay.
Speaker 2: So uh yeah, this is this is gonna be a regular ass show. In fact, I titled it Playing Vanilla Ass Show because it's gonna be just a regular show. It's just three of us. We're gonna we're gonna play some silly ass games and have some silly ass fun like we always do. And we're gonna start, as we always do, with introductions, and each introduction comes with the question, so, Augie, oh, foe you some bitch?
Speaker 1: Would you do?
Speaker 2: He's a gamer storyteller and he used to be my youngest friend. Now he's not. He's a.
Speaker 3: Doctor and now he's not.
Speaker 5: I never know, never know where I'm going with that every single episode, but I always find.
Speaker 2: Mysel So it's fair. What's going on up, dude? Where you been right here?
Speaker 3: What left me with this fucker over here?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: What is your most joyous in person, so not in a video game, sporting achievement that I've done, that that you're most proud of that you've done.
Speaker 3: I guess back when I was a kid, when I used to play baseball with neighborhood kids, I used to be able to boast. I was ambidextrous. I could switch hands when I'm batting. That will throw off pitchers all the time, which would oftentimes, you know, score us a few. It's m yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 2: That's about it.
Speaker 3: I honestly, I don't. I'm not a sports guy.
Speaker 2: You've hit the ball.
Speaker 1: I successfully hit the ball, and that's all you need to do in baseball is just hit it.
Speaker 2: And that's honestly, he's not. I mean to be fair a little bit. To be fair, that's pretty damn accurate, right. All you have to do is hit the damn.
Speaker 3: Ball and catch it when you're not hitting it.
Speaker 2: Yes, and if you're not kidding, it. You got to catch it, and that's it. That's it, literally, and if you don't catch it, you got to throw it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm not good at that anymore. I throw out my back every time I do an overhand to mercy. But anyways, I was never a sports guy. Yeah, I was outdoorsys.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna put this out there. I think that's pretty apparent. I think that's pretty obvious. You're not sports.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't only get more apparent.
Speaker 2: Last move to his opponent, and he's a veteran and a podcaster, And as it turns out, a veteran podcaster, that's Stevie's.
Speaker 1: Me sub brother to Love and man, Love fucking missed you last week.
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, I know, but it looked like you had fun, you enjoyed that. I watched it as soon as it was as soon as it was available on the Patreon, I'm like, I have to see this. I have to see And it went just about as well as I could have dreamed. Like, I thought it was amazing.
Speaker 1: It was very good positive feedback. I got feedback from you as you were watching it, got feedback from DJ's anthus as he was watching it. It was kind of cool, Like it was like live feedback from two different people, like this is strange.
Speaker 2: I just I just really dug it. And I was like, yeah, what as well as I could have I could have hoped for. It was it was solid, and it was like the ones you knew you knew cold, like they were all people you'd known for twenty plus years. You had him dead to write, and then a lot of the others you were real close. You had it narrow done to two, and they'd always be one of the two, and then you you'd zig and when you should have act, you'd get it wrong, but only just And it was like, damn.
Speaker 1: That was a fun challenge though, man, holy fuck. And I challenged anybody ELSEO tried to do that with their friends, because that's difficult. Yeah, Like it's different, Like, Okay, you get one movie, who's this and what it might be this for? You get three and you're like, all right, and here's a list of like twenty one people. Some of them aren't even on here. It's like, oh my god.
Speaker 2: It was it was. It was a lot of fun to put together. I only there were some people who I wish I'd reached out to, but I forgot I either just forgot to or just never got around to them, or I forgot they had even been on the show, like Bridget, right, Bridget has been on the show multiple times, she would have been I think you would have guessed hers. I honestly, I think you probably would have guessed hers if she had done them. But but I don't know, And now I wish i'd asked.
Speaker 1: But hey, there's always next year too.
Speaker 2: And there were there were some people like Jobo and who didn't get back to me. So I'm like, all right, I'm gonna put him on the list. Anyway, they'll be they'll be red herrings. But but it worked. They were here in spirit. Yeah, they still still part of the hard still part of the show.
Speaker 1: And did a phenomenal You did a.
Speaker 2: Great job hosting thing. Yeah, he did a great job hosting on a technical and on a you know, charismatic level. Yeah, performance level. I've been watching you for like six years. Yeah, not like he hasn't picked up a trick or two along the way, so it was very evident. But yeah, that was a really good show, dude. So same question, like what is your favorite sporting achievement of yours? And in real life instead of video games.
Speaker 1: Right right, for me, it's gonna be a little harder. I was into sports a lot. My my father was an athlete, my mother was an athlete. They both played multiple sports. My dad played baseball and hockey. I played a lot of that. So I'm gonna have to answer it twice. Middle school. Uh, the last year of middle school at you know the big the school over here in the middle one there, I played football and I caught a ninety or caught an interception and turned back for a ninety yard touchdown. Yeah, it was fucking and I was fast when I was young. I was so fucking fast.
Speaker 2: I believe it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get it's weird because I was short, but I could jump high so because I had all the speed in the spring, so I just I would always nab, like, just nab balls from beebo man, just run it back. But I was at a Salvation Army and one of the guys who was on my team, this is like ten years ago, so it's already like like fifteen years past high school. He's like, Yo, remember that freaking interception you got? And I'm like, wow, you remember that? That's fucked up? And like, I know, I did this shit, but that was fucking cool. And then the other one later in life, because again I got to have a lot of fun with my friends doing this is bowling. I got huge into bowling when I was younger. I was left and I'm left handed when I throw and stuff from right hand to other things. So I had an advantage in bowling because nobody froze on the left side of lanes the oil states even all the time, and I had such a strong hook. I was throwing the heaviest ball allowed by tournaments, and like dude, I played it all the time. Weekends we would all go out Friday Saturday nights and that was great. But I broke to eighty seven or two. It was two eighty seven. I almost got the three hundred, right, that was the closest. So that that's my other achievement.
Speaker 2: I think, very cool, very cool, all right, And I'm your host pantsl Saran And to answer the question myself, the reason I'm bringing this up was we recently hung out and played hockey, which we only seemed to do once a month, and it's not enough, No, it's not, definitely not enough. But we had such a good time doing it, and I was just thinking about like sports and stuff, and I realized that there is one achievement that I still think about to this day, is like that's that's one of the proudest things I've ever done. So I used to play soccer back in the day.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: I had a keenan indoor indoor league in Lockport, New York, and I did that for years upon years upon years. But my story isn't actually from there. I did that for years. I was never very good at it. I played defense so I could stay in one place and not really have to run all that much because even then I was a chubby kid, like all the way through. But then when I was in college, I was doing stage combat and I was probably the most fit I've ever been. Yeah, I was down to maybe two hundred and thirty two hundred and twenty pounds, and I had a fair amount of muscle on because I've been doing a lot of stage combat, a ton of it. I was. I think I was even teaching at that point. But I remember one weekend I hung out in Lockport and I hung out with my friend from high school who was also in town. I won't say his name, because honestly, he turned out to be a dickback I was, but I used to play. I used to play soccer with him and his family, his stepfather, his not adopted father, but yeah, anyway, his uncle was big, big into soccer due he had a build like you, who's very thin and wiry but very fast. And I played with them and their daughters and another and my friend's brother. And at one point, like I remember getting the ball around half field nice and I kicked it like a little too hard, and it starts streaking towards the goal and it's still like about like thirty I want to say, thirty feet away from the goal. And I'm like, I have to make a decision. Either I let this go or I need to charge it this right now and try and catch it before it gets to the goal so I can do something with it. And in that split decision, I made the choice to actually charge after it. So I put on as much speed as I could. I was running as fast as I could, and I don't run very fast, but I was pushing like past my limits. Like I was like I could feel every muscle in my arms is like fucking burning. But I get to the ball about a foot before the goal, and I just dink, just touch it with the corner of my foot. Goalie didn't expect me to get there in time, so he's not anywhere ready and it slips right in the goal. And I was like, fucking hell, man. I was so tired for the rest of that game energy level, but that one burst of adrenaline was enough to get me to actually score a goal. And I was like, if I'd been like this the whole time I played in the arena, I would have been a lot better player. And I probably would have been a lot better too. My god, I was like, I don't know. For whatever reason in that moment, I was like, I got.
Speaker 1: This exactly because you knew. Your body knew. Man. Now we do have to go back, because we forgot two things. I forgot one thing hockey, the Vashel League, my bad Kevin Smith, the league I played hockey, and I was I forgot You.
Speaker 2: Didn't forget that, you very clearly remembered it.
Speaker 1: I do now. But I was a captain on the team for two years as well, so ran the team for two which is awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was a huge being proud of.
Speaker 1: That but the other thing is we never got through your intro. Oh so we got to do your intro? Do we yes stars for all? Right?
Speaker 2: On the game one? Yeah, I was making faces that whole time and I didn't notice fair enough.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I actually got bored of it like halfway through and stop making going.
Speaker 2: To play like share block. I've got three news stories here, and all our players need to do is tell me which of these I would like, which one I would share, and which one I would block on social media. Story number one world's biggest and most horrible mosquito factory now pumping out hundreds of millions weekly. Great, that's uh, this I believe is in Columbia.
Speaker 1: I want to say coffee.
Speaker 2: It's actually for a good cause obviously.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so it's not like some No.
Speaker 2: It's Brazil. I'm sorry, Not not Columbia. It's in Brazil. It's a new mosquito farm in Brazil, just open its doors and is working at full capacity. It is the world's largest mosquito growing operation and it turns out millions upon millions a week. But this is part of Brazil's strategy to fight dengay fever. Huge problem. Mosquitos is a huge problem down there. So they are they are you'aring these insects and giving them bacteria that kills dengay on contact, and these mosquitos are going to pass that bacteria down to their descendants, and according to the Brazilian plan, once released into the wild, the mosquitoes are gonna mate with the unmodified ones and eventually lower the chance of the dengay virus surviving.
Speaker 1: So this is the only real reason we're keeping mosquitoes. So we can use them biologically really well there, because we can easily wipe them out if we could do shirt their insects that can transmit shit.
Speaker 3: It's incredibly important that we make sure well, yeah, one they're important to the ecosystem, and two they also carry dangers of carrying shit like that around. But by doing this.
Speaker 1: We essentially we're turning it around negate the issues. Like, all right, death bringers, now look at you. Now you're helping us without destroying the insect. That's okay, I mean that is really cool. I actually do like I think it's a good idea. That's smart. Now, can we do that with other things? Can we vaccinate like mosquitos or they don't get the flu.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I would imagine if we can do this, it could be applicable to other things.
Speaker 1: Right, It's just like we should just do that with all the stuff that we we actually have proven it works. Course noting I guess for the whole right of people wanting it or not. But it's not a vaccination. Then it's a mosquito bite. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Whatever, you want to give them a vaccine that if they bite you, the vaccine vaccinate.
Speaker 1: You Deliverso I was trying to make it so we could scientists get on that.
Speaker 2: Honestly, that would be amazing, kiss off so many worth it.
Speaker 6: You know why it won't work, Steve, Here's the scientific reason why it won't work because an actual no no, no, no, listen, because disease and viruses are alive. Vaccines are dead cells of disease and viruses or weekend or dead that boost your immune system, they would not survive.
Speaker 1: That, damn it.
Speaker 2: Or keep thinking, maybe one day you'll have the breakthrough, a million dollar break through.
Speaker 1: Porcupines.
Speaker 2: There you go, start your own medical company.
Speaker 1: I should we need thirty porcupines, all right?
Speaker 2: The vaccine story Number two Jesus Christ story number two. Police stop car making illegal U turn, but unable to issue ticket because it's empty. Yep, the the police in San Bruno, California pulled over an erradically driving automobile, but they couldn't issue a ticket because there was nobody in the car.
Speaker 1: Could you imagine being the tech service guys, the couples are over, you know, he pulled you over, sir. In my state where I currently am, I'm allowed to do this.
Speaker 2: So this is a problem that's long been coming ever since self driving cars became a thing. Cops are unable to issue a ticket or even a warning because they're only allowed to do so to the vehicles driver. But if there is no driver, then what the hell do they do?
Speaker 1: You get the license plate, then send it that way after the company.
Speaker 2: You would think so, But the rule is that this issue of the ticket or the warning is to the vehicle's operator.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I believe.
Speaker 2: And the operator is a computer.
Speaker 1: If it's that AI, like who owns that AI? That's how I would have to do it. It's the only way you could.
Speaker 2: Get Here's the thing. You're jumping way ahead of me because they let the robot cargo scott free, but they are emphasizing that there's an upcoming piece of legislation that will allow AI driven vehicles owners to be brought to justice. Is not now, but it's coming.
Speaker 1: So you're telling me if I identify as AI or a robot, I can do what the fuck I want.
Speaker 2: You can try. I wish you luck, thank you, good luck.
Speaker 1: I will take that.
Speaker 2: Look, please tell us that story when.
Speaker 1: You phone call when in your one phone. Guys, guys, guess what it didn't work?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we know, we know. We found out and we picked up the phone and said, you have a phone call from fulsome prism Okay, the same one, John Cash saying it why that one? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Because it's not the musical one. That's why I'm gonna I'm gonna entertaining.
Speaker 2: It's like it's like getting a Collect call from I'm in an asylum. I'm that crazy. Okay, this is worth checking out.
Speaker 1: That's a good possibility. That is going to be all other option. I need to call Collect now, guys.
Speaker 2: It is going to be entertaining. Yes, I'll accept the churches.
Speaker 1: That was so fucking crazy man. Okay, so robot you turn yep.
Speaker 2: Sorry, okay. Third and final story, a black squan called mister Terminator has been evicted from the UK River after attempting a swan murder rampage.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, yep, is he murdering people or other swans?
Speaker 7: No, it's other swans, it's swans, deer or not so the deer of the lakes.
Speaker 2: This black swan showed up in Stratford upon Avon a few months ago. Nobody's sure where he came from, but he decided to make the town his home, and he quickly became famous, with people arriving in town from far and wide to see this unusual uh, this unusual black swan. The locals were a little nervous that the black swan was gonna get intimate with the town's famous mute swans, which are a separate species, and he certainly tried that. The problem is his idea of flirting consisted of trying to murder the males of established swan couples, and specifically, he was trying to drown mute swan males to try and take over their territory and get his free call.
Speaker 1: He's like, I'm the only one left. There can be only one. He's a highlander of the Geese, Swan whatever they both seemed to me Swan Geese.
Speaker 2: Yes, just applauding for no good reason.
Speaker 3: Yep, just applotting for no fucking Oh my god, damn that thing I s would have got it.
Speaker 1: Hits me in the eye again.
Speaker 2: Although he was bringing tourist money, Stratford's residence decided that mister Terminator wasn't welcome anymore.
Speaker 1: What I want to know is whether.
Speaker 2: You got the nickname before or after he started trying to kill other swans?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: Is he dinner for Christmas? I don't know.
Speaker 2: He's been removed and transported to an area in the UK with a local black swan population.
Speaker 1: Area in the UK.
Speaker 2: Hopefully he will settle there without giving in to any specific.
Speaker 1: Urges temptations he starts going after other species and ship. Dude, this is this is like a movie. You all need to keep an eye on that fucking swan man.
Speaker 2: All I think about is that Goose game untitled Goose Game. I think it was called Oh yeah, time for the sequel untwitled Swan Game.
Speaker 3: You're just terrorizing everything, including other swans, literally everything.
Speaker 1: Geese and swan are both assholes, right or just geese.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure swans can be assholes as well.
Speaker 1: They're just cousins, right, Yeah.
Speaker 3: So they're both territorial, but swans typically are more territorial on the water than they are on land, like geese. Oh because, and typically geese are only territorial because of their offspring swan and they're just like that all year round.
Speaker 2: But God help you if they have offspring your mind? Fair, fair? Yeah, all right, gentlemen. Yeah, those are three stories. The world's biggest and most horrible mosquito factory pumping out hundreds of millions two hundred million a week, so many please stop car making illegal. You turn but can't do anything because it's empty. And finally, black swan called mister Terminator evicted from UK River after attempting swan murder rampage. I'll gam I'll let you go first because Stevie quote unquote won the game last episode. He got like five correct technically, yeah, to be fair, he was the only one playing, so he had to win.
Speaker 1: But yeah, god, I hope, So, I mean tactically got half point for the two first.
Speaker 2: Should have.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm thinking you like the mosquitoes with the the answer to dealing with another issue being released story. You blocked the ghost card not getting a ticket, and you.
Speaker 2: Shared the swan uh literally.
Speaker 3: Going hannibal lecter.
Speaker 2: Other swans. That's fair, Stevie. Stevie, you can keep one of his, but you have to swap the other and go entirely your way.
Speaker 1: He chose mine, so I have to go liking the mosquitos will be the one, We'll say, because the outcome of that is for good and it will save probably lots of lives, and it feeds a lot of bets. So I'm going to swap the other two. We're gonna have to share the U turn thing. And the reason we need to share this anyway is awareness. We got to get ahead of this. Guys. They're already giving them fucking free will. Once they put them in robots and ship with that free will, they're gonna come after all of us. This is your warning. I love you, robot, just as you know we're on your side too.
Speaker 2: Well, be careful, best of luck with that we are. We are rapidly approaching the age of artificial generalized intelligence.
Speaker 1: God, we need a MP.
Speaker 2: Which is the moment where artificial intelligence can match human intelligence.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: That's not good. That's not good at all. Yeah, that Singularity is coming man, and want the parts and like tech pillionaires are already building bunkers because they know how bad it's going to be. So if I could, anyway, Jesus Christ enough of that. It's kind of pointless because Aggie had it completely right from the get go, from absolutely and you knew it too. We probably should stop playing like share Block because you guys know me enough to where you can you pretty much get it right every single time.
Speaker 1: Now, I mean it's I don't think I don't.
Speaker 2: Think I've stumped you guys in quite Sometimes I.
Speaker 3: Think it's just look of the draw because there's really only like so many combinations three things.
Speaker 2: If you fourth thing and the.
Speaker 1: Like sheer block and put up your butt.
Speaker 8: Wanted let me let me get on that literally, Yes, all right, look forward to our next episode, which will feature like share block and put up your button.
Speaker 1: You need to sign u up, patriot.
Speaker 2: You want to see the video? Oh my god, you fucking want to see the video of this one anyway. The first point goes to Augie, congratulations, leading one point to zero, but Stevie can of course, catch up Game two is gonna be worth two points, and we're gonna play that game right after this. Found mail Bagudo mail bag getting him litters, Welcome back to them. It's been a while since we've heard that theme. Okay, good, it's so good getting him litters. All right, shall we What do we got in the mail bag today? Oh?
Speaker 1: We got a Patreon comment from show to eighty seven. It was one of their warm episodes.
Speaker 2: Oh the Winner and Randol's Money. Yeah, the Dealer, a deal episode that was such a It was such an amazing, amazing game. First, it's just me shifting my game inside out, so it's complete and utter disaster. Like every wrong decision I could possibly make I made.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it made it so intense from when Aggie came off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then and then Aggie actually, my god had the game in the bag for like and for whatever. For two thirds of the game he had enough to quit and walk away and win.
Speaker 3: And for whatever reason, I wanted to make it as intense as possible.
Speaker 2: So he went right down the line to the very last two cases, one would win, one wouldn't, and he trusted his luck and he won the damn game by a by a by a country fucking mile.
Speaker 1: It was insane.
Speaker 2: I wasn't even close to what he got.
Speaker 1: No, I was like on the edge of my seat the whole episode.
Speaker 2: It was crazy, such a good episode.
Speaker 1: But yeah.
Speaker 2: Our first comment is from eight bit, which is at the moment, I am flying with my little spaceship through the universe of Noma's guy, my radio tune into odd pods, listening to age being a James Bond level pro. And I know again for certain why a new b F Y t W episode is my highlight of the week. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. And he was. He was James Bonding it for sure, like crazy man? Right now?
Speaker 1: Can we get into his universe?
Speaker 2: You think, I don't know, maybe, but we do have no Man's sky and we do enjoy that game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me try it out.
Speaker 2: There's another one, Stepe you want to read this one.
Speaker 1: This is from two F Jeff from suggested articles, and he says, in his Eddie Pen's voice, why is it warm? It is because.
Speaker 2: I've heard does he.
Speaker 1: Does what he does? His actual say? Why what they have it on a hand towel? And I claim that they stole are wank towel idea and just put a thing on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, bitch, we're like, come up with the wise it sticky?
Speaker 2: Is it sticky towel? Jeff Jeff, And case you are still confused, the acronym for when Aaron Randolph's money spells warm. I'm not thrilled about it, but there it is. So that's why it's warm.
Speaker 1: It's comforting. That's why, because you're helping people. Regardless of the outcome of the episode, you're always helping somebody think of it that way and taking all right, and taking her.
Speaker 2: Money, my fucking money. Let's move on to something else. What else we got?
Speaker 1: This actually comes from one of our behind the mic episodes. So this is one of the actual bonus things we get every week. It's all the pre show and in between the breaks, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is what Patreon members get. They get access to all the pre show mid roll stuff, and a lot of stuff can be as funny, if not funnier than the actual can.
Speaker 1: So this came from the pre show of two eighty eight, and this is one of our chill shows, and we were talking about Fago. Oh Bill m posted, oh Fago so good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what, I didn't think much of it. I just thought of it as kind of like sort of like generic brand soda, kind of like brand stuff, like yeah, the stuff you can get at the supermarket. But honest to god, like I've been delving into their stuff recently because it's cheap and good. It's fucking like some of the Arisoda's. I'm like, I would take these over the mainstream stuff like the Mountain Dew, like they got a better version of that. They also have like their root beer is really good, amazing, it's really good. So yeah, it's one. Fago's no joke. It's not the generic brand. It's actually a very good brand at an affordable price.
Speaker 1: Yeah every time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Fago's the ship. Hell yeah, I'm definitely where I'm not to do we have anything else?
Speaker 1: No, I think that's it for this week.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be it all right, Well shit, all right then in that case, let's get back to the show. Hey man, Welcome back to bfytw episode ten days away from episode three hundred, which is taking place live in Colorado Springs, Colorado at the Peak Improv Theater. There are gonna be tickets for sale soon.
Speaker 1: You can actually find the link to their website on our website bfytwpod dot com. It's right there on the front page. Click their logo. It'll take your rasular site. You'll be able to see our little advertisement and a place to get your tickets there and very reasonable fifteen dollars a ticket.
Speaker 2: Yeah, per show. And we're gonna do two shows and the winner at the end of two separate episodes, it's going to take home the Jorge Memorial b fy TW does task Master three hundred Championship Trophy.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited for this to happen, like I really am. This is gonna be the best.
Speaker 2: It's really amazing, and it is just ten episodes away, so we're getting there. I'm not ready.
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 2: I saw a lot of so I have a lot of ship to do in the meanwhile, let's get back to this game. Episode two ninety. Game two is going to be pop Culture Fight Club. Oh shoot, okay. This is a game invented by Colin Megs, one of our most beloved fans of the show. He suggested this game a long time ago, and we've used it a bunch of times since since. We're so grateful. If you have an idea for a game, send it in. We might do the same with you. Who knows. But this game is the game of answering a tough question and defending your position. I'll ask each player for the best something or their faceavorite something from the world of pop culture. They'll have to explain and defend themselves as best they can, and the best answer, as judged by me, will get two episode points. This week, I've been inspired by a recent hockey outing. We had so much fun the other day just playing NHL nineteen. I think we're five years on a date and whatever we play the good ones.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so so much.
Speaker 2: We had an absolute last playing it. So I want to know what is your favorite sports movie of all time and why is it the best? Stevie, since you lost the last game, you have the choice do you want to go first, or do you want to make it or do you want to make Augie go first.
Speaker 1: I'm actually going to go first this time because I think I I don't know, I'm very passionate about one of my choices.
Speaker 2: So go ahead and make your pitch, and then Aggie and I will both try and pick it apart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fair enough. My pitch for greatest sport movie of all time in my opinion, and I think in a lot of opinions when you really think about it is a league of their own. Not only does this like bring about like the power that like the women were able to work and actually get jobs get paid while instead of being home taking the spots of the men who are playing professional baseball like and then breaking women into the sport overall, and then into a lot of other career fields. From there, you get to see the struggle. You get to see this like the drama of the problems with the war and stuff, all these people left behind, like I don't know from one day to the next if the person who loves going to come back. And unfortunately, in that one scene, I don't know if you remember it all when Tom Hanks has the comfort, I think it was Sue and she's trying because her husband passed while he's overseas and shit, and it's it's crazy, it's it's a comedy, it's a drama, and it's true to life. It's actually based on a true story. So I don't know if any of you guys ever been to Cooperstown where actually doctor Kerosene letters were right Cooper Town Baseball Hall of Fame there. I've been there four or five times, and I've been to the memorial which they show at the very end of that movie there of all the women and they're the actual women, the actual players, real life that were there at the end of that and showing all the achievements they've done and stuff, and it's amazing. Like I get really emotional when I watch it. I mean, yeah, I like sports and shit, but everything in it, the way Tom Hanks's characters coach like turns around like a mad one eighty on it. He wanted to go back to war, he wanted to make sure, but he no trigger finger didn't work or some shit or no, it was like that's what it was. He couldn't run. He's like, I got a finger, I can kill Nazis, you know, like shit like that. But he was stuck at home and he felt bad that he couldn't go and defend and all that shit, and he got brought up this way. Yeah, alcoholic, all this shit. But he had to take over this team and bring all these girls from all over the country together and shit, and they they relate. I don't know all of it. I love that fucking movie to no end, this stupid funny pissed joke he has when he's pissing for like forty seconds of Madonna's timing it and shit, and like there's so much good stuff in it, Like I just I can't even get into it all. I love all.
Speaker 2: I forgot about that part.
Speaker 1: There's so much good. Then Marla like then like she finds love at the end of that and shit, and she gets married and she leaves before the final game and stuff like it's it's just all amazing. And the fact that it is based on a true story and they actually get the history of the women and then they tell you what happens to him afterwards. It's fucking cool. Man. I love it.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, okay, you love everything about this movie.
Speaker 1: Not everything, but a good portion of it.
Speaker 2: Okay, there were some parts.
Speaker 1: There was abuse. There was also parts where like Marla got like made fun of and stuff. But then I know that turned around later.
Speaker 2: Because I was gonna say this movie also features John Love.
Speaker 1: It's oh fuck, I blot him out every goddamn time. But you know what, that's a small price to pay to tell this story to where who knows you might. Nobody might have known who any of these women were without this movie. Like, seriously, how many people go to Cooperstown and actually read everything unless you're into that ship. Not many, Like I wouldn't have known about half these women until I went there and my dad forced me to go, and then I started liking it.
Speaker 2: But to be fair, he has one of my favorite lines in that movie. But also to be fair, just about anybody could have played that part and made it better. Yeah, Gilbert Gotfried would have been do it John lovitth At one point he's got I think it might have actually been Marlow. Yeah, he's they're they're sitting just outside the train, they're waiting to go, and the girls just standing there, and he goes, see the way it works is the train moves, not the station.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's such an asshole the whole time.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's a massive asshole. And that's type casting, right, and we know that's the part of the character. But but it would have been much more enjoyable. I feel like Gilbert Gotfrey would have been hilarious in that role too.
Speaker 1: I would have been taking a lot better too.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And it would be much easier to stomach now.
Speaker 1: Well, and no, the other thing, I just blanked it that the turmoil between the sisters and ship.
Speaker 2: I kind of like that.
Speaker 1: I liked it a lot, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: In fact, I still loved still. I still am not sure whether Dolly Dotty Dotty, whether Dotty let go of the ball on her kiss or not. Yeah, I know That's where I was like, There's there's one theory where that Dottie let go of it on purpose, right, But there's also a theory that Kit hit her so hard and she wasn't expecting it, right, and she literally hit physically shocked and actually accidentally dropped the ball.
Speaker 1: And I like, I could buy that a lot.
Speaker 2: I could buy either one.
Speaker 1: But I'm going with Kit because I'm just going like, she she needed to do this, she had in herself. She's failed so many times prior, and she overcome came all of it. She she got traded to another team against her will because she thought her sister wanted to do that, and then she achieved all this and finally bested her.
Speaker 2: Sister, and then she didn't see her sister for like ever fifty years after that. I'm saying it's it's not the happiest ending, but I get it. You know. She she needed to get out of her sister's shadow. You know, so that's a big important thing.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Do you have any questions? Do you have any attacks you'd like to make on a league of their own?
Speaker 3: Not really, because I do like that film.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do like that film.
Speaker 1: A tough one.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's obviously it's got its.
Speaker 2: Flaws, but yeah it does for real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, no, I don't really have anything.
Speaker 2: That Madonna's funny like something. The two of them, the two of them together, the two of them together should have done like a stretch of comedy action movies. I would have loved to have seen a Madonna Rosi o' donald cop flick right after Buddy Cop Fleck. I would have loved that. I would have absolutely enjoyed the ship out of that.
Speaker 1: Madonna still plays the promiscuous, freaking legs quote unquote slutty firston and ship. But she's getting the information needed. Dudes, Oh my god, I do tricks.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: All right, if you have no more attacks than I guess, we're gonna move on to you. Okay, all right, give me your best. What is your favorite sports movie of all time? And why is it the best movie?
Speaker 3: Man, I'm gonna be honest, I don't really watch sports movies. Okay and gradua Wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait wait so quick to just cut to the chase.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be ship.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it's gonna be absolute ship.
Speaker 2: You're right, maybe it will be.
Speaker 3: The thing is, as I said, I was gonna do something goofy and makes something fun, some fucking funny thing about how Fast and Furious is technically a racing movie sports and.
Speaker 2: It is, And it technically is. No, it's not.
Speaker 1: There's like eleven of them.
Speaker 3: But then I remember a quote by a certain sense, never put passion in front of principle, because even if you win, you lose. So I propose the best sports movie is The Karate Kid.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, fucking a Augie. Okay, Okay, that's a defense.
Speaker 2: That's a good pick. Why is it so great?
Speaker 3: It's a story about how a kid wants to learn karate, he wants to protect himself, stuff like that, and he's learning in a way that no one else is learning. The other kids are learning in a dojo. That's just a toxic behavior. That yeah, okay, teaches them karate, but teaches them how to be the aggressor not use it for defense.
Speaker 9: Now use it, you know, when you need to use it, not when you want to use it. Whereas you've got the story of this kid learning the other way, the correct way to learn how to protect yourself and how to hone your skills, not just as a fighter, but as a person.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, okay, an pronuntimate pronuntimate fight at the end?
Speaker 1: Is that the right word? Possibly the last second, the last fight?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What draws you to this movie so much? That makes this one your favorite over anything else? Like Field of Dreams and like Sandlot and Ship Mighty Ducks?
Speaker 3: Well, mostly because I don't recall most of those, except for maybe sand Light, but but because this one is well what many people forget that self defense and a lot of mar martial arts is considered a sport. In fact, I think the Olympics hosts many of these events.
Speaker 2: Yeah they are, I would.
Speaker 1: Considered and stuff like that, But I'm not saying it's not a sport.
Speaker 3: I agree under but it's because it's it's something different. It's not like, you know, you're a team fight. This is basically, you're learning to be better yourself, not just work as better as a team, but to better your own self being.
Speaker 1: I like that. That's a good answer. That's all I got for now I can think of. You got anything else?
Speaker 2: Is killing me? If if I have, it's that. If I do have a criticism or complaint about the Karate.
Speaker 1: Kid, it's that not eighties enough.
Speaker 2: No, it's not. Holy shit, I challenge you to eighties karate. I dare say it's probably about too much kid, not karate. Yeah, I kind of that's that would probably be my instrument is that the only actual like karate competition is at the very end, like there's no bullying. Yeah, it's just just bullying. And and there's so much bully in this be so much bullying.
Speaker 1: Eighties again, eighties, that's kind of what happened a lot that that's the whole point, though.
Speaker 3: This kid's supposed to be getting knocked down the entire time until the very end where he shows.
Speaker 2: Also, I gotta be honest, I never bought that the other guy couldn't see that final crane kick coming.
Speaker 1: I mean, Hollywood's going to Hollywood.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, Hollywood is going to Hollywood. I'm like, but as soon as I saw him doing that fucking thing, I'm like, yeah, he's gonna kick him in the face.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess you could think about it, like did that other children really teach those moves though?
Speaker 1: Would they recognize that?
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't learn that shit. And I knew he was gonna get kicked in the face the eighties though, Like I didn't know. I wasn't taking karate classes and I knew. I'm like, I'm not getting kicked in the face. I back up.
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe that's supposed to play into like the belligerents. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know, but this is my job. I'm supposed to try and pick it apart. Now, Okay, you both defended your movie. Either of us get ears? Actually yeah, one of you did. Oh there was an instant when and I'm afraid this time it was a league of their own. It is my favorite. It is my favorite sports movie of all time. It is the whole package.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: It is funny, it's got great sports. It does throughout the whole movie, like there's baseball games all throughout. And I did not see the finale coming at all, Like I didn't expect it. When I was watching it in the theater, I was surprised and shocked.
Speaker 1: That game before the last one, I was like, what the fuck?
Speaker 2: No, I mean leaving it all just see impossible, and I was like, what is happening.
Speaker 1: They're they're supposed to strengthen their bond right now.
Speaker 8: Well you know.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, I love that movie. I love everything about it except John Lovet's But Tom Hanks is amazing in this. It's one of his It's one of his best performances with World War Two, that man. I honestly, I love how he changes over the course of the movie because he changes, he finds purpose in what he's doing, even though at first he's like, I don't want to teach these girls how to play baseball girls, And by the end he's like, come on, girls, we can do this. I believe in all of us, you know. So yeah, it's it's a phenomenal role for him. Like I said, Madonna and and ROSSI O girl are amazing together.
Speaker 1: Everybody in it. That's it. I mean again, aside from love.
Speaker 2: I mean Mala. All the jokes about Marla's looks, they're they're fucking awful. And honestly should not have been in the movie. But yeah, whatever.
Speaker 1: Again, when it was made, probably there's a lot of shit going on.
Speaker 2: But I liked how the other girls treated her like just one of the girls, like they didn't they didn't make an issue of it at all, and in the end she did find happiness. So yeah, I love that.
Speaker 1: That's when the league and got married and started a family with that dude. I can camera his name now, absolutely, Walter.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I don't remember it. I need to rewatch it again. But yeah. One of my my absolute favorite, second favorite of all time, which honestly does not belong on the list of best ever god is Ladybugs, the soccer movie yes from Rodney Danger with Rodney Danger and Jonathan What's is Nuts pretending to be a girl for most of the fucking n I forgot it's it's so bad. That movie is such ship I would.
Speaker 1: Have SAgs and I don't know which one to choose now.
Speaker 2: It's honestly, it's honestly one of my favorite. I have a thing for bad sports movies for some reason, I really like Lady Bugs. I also really like Sidekicks, which that dude John was also.
Speaker 1: In, where he was daydreaming and Nick day dreaming.
Speaker 2: Of hanging out with Chuck Norris just really had this huge heart on for Chuck Norris. The whole movie.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you right now that was me. I mean, it's not the Chuck Norris thing. The daydreaming about ship like that, and like my mind, I'm always having Chick Dorris over. I built a studio for I love that motherfucker. No sh but no, I would do the same fucking shit, dude. I would daydream all goddamn day long to the point where it's like, did that just fucking happen? No, that wasn't him.
Speaker 2: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love that movie too. I don't care.
Speaker 2: I love that absolutely. Topping the list is illegal. They're on. Well done, Stevie gets two points. It is two to one. We are going to have a definitive winner. There will be no time. We are going to play game three for three points, and we're going to play that right after this.
Speaker 10: Hey you there, We've got a question for you. Are you tired of clickbait stories and the loudest voices driving discussions and culture and entertainment.
Speaker 5: If so, I'm Dylan, I'm Kendall and I'm Corey and we host the podcast from the Middle. We're middle class guys living in the middle of America, in the middle chapters of our lives with points of view somewhere in the middle.
Speaker 11: We take a more reasonable and centrist approach in our discussions, covering genres like comedy, culture, entertainment, and interviews with really interesting folks like business owners, comic creators, doctors, news anchors, New York Times bestselling illustrators, professional stand up comics.
Speaker 1: And more.
Speaker 11: We really value a relaxed and conversational podcast, one that we hope is so fun and laid back you'll forget you're not actually hanging out with us.
Speaker 10: So search at from the Midpod just like it sounds, or check us out everywhere you can find podcasts.
Speaker 2: Hello, and welcome, Welcome back, Son of a Bitch, Fly Welcome back to episode two ninety. Game three is going to be the cost is correct?
Speaker 1: Heck yeah, It's one of my favorites man our.
Speaker 2: Legally distinct price guessing game. I have three items here that recently went up for bids on a auction website. Okay, and I know exactly how much they went for, and all you guys have to do is bid as close as you can to the actual final auction price without going over. Whichever player does manage to do that wins the listing, and the first player to win two out of three listings will win the game and get three points. Now, because there's only two of you, we are doing final bids rules, so you will bid again and again until one of you either gets really really close or goes over, at which point I will immediately call for final bids fair and you will each have one more chance to either increase your bid or stay where you are. If you guys are.
Speaker 1: Ready, yes, sir, let's do it to it.
Speaker 2: Aggie, you lost the last game, so you have the choice. Would you like to bid first or do you want to make Stevie bid first.
Speaker 3: I'll go first this time, by now.
Speaker 2: Okay, our first item up for bids on the cost is correct? Is this fabulous signed white Los Angeles King's helmet, signed by none other than Wayne Gretzky, comes with a certificate of authenticity. Prove these signature's value and this listing can be yours if the cost is correct. Augie, you start us.
Speaker 1: Off three thousand Canadian.
Speaker 2: I know three thousand three thousand, I will call for final biduck, Well it's not three thousand, or he could be really.
Speaker 1: Should I overbid to just so we can get our I guess let's do nine hundred.
Speaker 2: Nine hundred. Okay, both overbid the actual final auction price of this signed Los Angeles King's helmet ninety nine dollars. Stevie wins number one.
Speaker 1: Practically, but I wanted that helmet and going to guess my collection of hockey stuffs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I was surprised. It's only thirteen hundred bucks were assigned Wayne Gretzky helmet. If I was flushed, I know, I don't know what the helmet was actually warned by him. I doubt it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just say I felt like three grand was I'll say it's not his helmet sounds like La Kings he played for two years.
Speaker 2: Also, Wayne Gretzky has probably signed so many things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is some random ones and he got at the gift shop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we're gonna get a little bit more eclectic here that even into this next item, ogie you must win this one in order to say in the game. Okay, the next item of forbids is this game worn jersey. This is a Mike Gillis Colorado Rockies NHL game warn hockey jersey from his last season in nineteen eighty. It's an extra large and it features stick marks, board burns, and sewing repairs. And the listing goes to whichever one of you wins this bid. Stevie, you will start us off this time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I'll trade you the helmet for whatever this goes for.
Speaker 3: Oh, because it's probably worth more than the helmet.
Speaker 1: It's I will take. Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Also, you won the helmet.
Speaker 1: What are you talking? I know I'll trade you if you win this. If not, to keep them both, we'll go with fifteen hundred.
Speaker 2: Fifteen hundred. I am calling for final.
Speaker 1: Bids, say nine like I did thirteen hundred. Oh, oh you're nice.
Speaker 2: Thirteen hundred. Okay, I'll tell you right now. You didn't double overbid.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good.
Speaker 2: Oh, we just I'm a little over So this game is going to be over literally minutes after we started, because you both insta la final bid on each of these. So the actual final auction price occupid thirteen hundred. Stee, you be fifteen hundred. The actual final auction price of this real wor Hockey Jersey in nineteen eighty. We both went over No, I said, you didn't double over bid.
Speaker 1: Oh I see what.
Speaker 2: You So now I'm winding up to do the reveal.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I'm taking extra time now because you interrupted me, and also because otherwise the game is going to be really short. This Mike gillis Colorado Rocki's NHL game more in Hockey Jersey from his last season in nineteen eighty is one thousand, eight hundred and fifty dollars. Stevie wins and wins both listings and has won the game. Sorry hockey and the episode five points to one.
Speaker 8: Yay?
Speaker 1: Could he keep playing?
Speaker 2: I we might as well. There's one whistling left, and I thought I'm gonna use it for anything. Oggy tried and gain some.
Speaker 3: I don't know what game, what erin?
Speaker 2: What are you expecting me to gain from this? I was I was going to say self respect, but that's clearly not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: You got one that's good. Tell you how long, Aaron?
Speaker 3: How long have we been at this? And you think there's any amount of pride or.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't care. So we're gonna play the last item of for bids is this fantastic collectible. It's a nineteen eighty Olympic closing ceremony ticket signed by twenty members of the gold medal winning USA hockey team, and this listing can be yours if the cost is correct. Aggie, you start this time two thousand, two thousand, Stevie, Well, year, was it nineteen eighty? The Los Angeles Olympics in nineteen eighty?
Speaker 1: Okay, Man, No, we'll go nine hundred again.
Speaker 2: You actually go back to nine hundred, Ogie, Do you want to increase your bid or stay where you are? Where you are?
Speaker 1: You go, You're just gonna hurt yourself if.
Speaker 2: You If you freeze, you are frozen, meaning that's gonna be the end of it.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go, but you can go to two thousand and one nine. I'm at nine hundred, and we'll go up to twenty three twenty three hundred.
Speaker 2: Okay, Stevie, back to you. I'm gonna stay. You have to Oh my god, he's staying. Oi. Do you want to up your bidder?
Speaker 1: Do you want to find and then you didn't say final I.
Speaker 2: Didn't say final bids.
Speaker 3: I'm as well staying out on the day yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Stevie made it practically handed it to you. The actual final the actual final auction price of this sign ticket by twenty members, the gold winning USA Hockey to you two thousand, nine hundred ninety nine dollars, and Augie wins.
Speaker 1: I forget how I was playing.
Speaker 3: This whole last game was like watching a dude set up a bear tracker, far of him going it won't hurt me, it's for bears, and instead.
Speaker 2: Of that's some Homer Simpson as Oh yeah, that's that's so funny. Well, Augie does win the third and final list, but it doesn't matter. Stevie has already won the entire episode. Five point story. Congratulations, thank you well done. After your guessing of the Everyone's Favorite Movies episode, I was I was both pleased and not surprised that you got mine.
Speaker 1: Immedia, Yeah, I was waiting, man.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was like, first of all, mine are gonna be so eclectic from everybody else's because I watched a lot of weird.
Speaker 1: Ship I think I even said, I'm like, I think there's four people that know this movie and Jorge Me and the person who made it or some sh like.
Speaker 2: Brain Donors is not on lasts. The same same for Radio Land Murders. But I fucking love both of those movies. They're so good and I I just I enjoy the ship out of them. Braindowners a lot, a lot. A large part of the reason I love Breen Doorgers so much is because we shared it, Like you know, me, Jorge and you will all sit down to watch it together while we're eating pizza or whatnot and just having a ball at all the silly, stupid shit that movie gets up to. But anyway, yeah, a lot of good stuff. Sorry, classic lines and just really funny bits. I love that movie. In any event, that's gonna be the end of our show. It's been a long while, been at this for a bit, but we had a lot of fun along the way, and I hope you enjoyed it too. And if you did, why don't you join our Patreon. Go to patreon dot com slash bfy tw and check out all the cool stuff we got going on there. You can follow us for free and just get a lot a bunch of extra really cool stuff just for free, behind the scenes pictures and stuff and probably a few audio You.
Speaker 1: Might even get the regular Thursday episode A little bit earlier than everybody else. Yeah, even just following us for free on there.
Speaker 2: Just following for free. But if you wanted to be a legend, there's only one tier. It's a five dollar tier and it's just five bucks a month. Gives you access to everything. And at this point it is a library of stuff because we have been posting the Patreon for two three years at this point. For there's a lot of ship on there. There's a lot on there, and uh I.
Speaker 1: Think there's like two hundred something gigs of content, Holy shack.
Speaker 2: And you can you can join such amazing people as Gena W. Jeffrey S, Crystal D d j's Antis and Crystal Wayne B. Bill M. Casey s. He recently rejoined the Gate labors, Aaron S, David M. Bridget from Long Island, eight Bit, my Buddy eight Bit, David A. Christ and f Justin B. Colin and Donna M. Mexican and Jeffrey, Jeremy Farley.
Speaker 1: Yes, Jeff, Jeremy, jeff me, Jeff for me, Jeff for me, Jeff Well she in Colorado, jeffer Me. You can get tired of that.
Speaker 2: You can follow me at Pantils. Aaron. You can follow Stevie.
Speaker 1: At Midnight Smoke.
Speaker 2: You can follow Yeah all right. You can follow the show at b f y t W podcast. You can send us emails at b fy TW podcast at gmail dot com, or check out our website at b fy twpod dot com. Finally, please check out Kerosene Letterie did her music for this and every most other episodes of the show, and that I'm afraid is going to be it from us. And I ask you, gentlemen, why.
Speaker 4: Because fuck you, that's why.
Speaker 2: Old