Speaker 1: You're listening to WGSNDB Go and Solo Network singles talk radio channel, where we take a lighthearted and candidate approach to discussions on the journey of relationship, laws, divorce, parenting, being single, relationships, building, dating, and yes sex. Join our listeners and begin living your best life.
Speaker 2: So hello and welcome to the show The Awakening here on WGSNDB, The Going Bold and Going Solo Network. This episode of The Awakening podcast may contain frank discussions on sensitive topics, including abuse and sex trafficking. Content may not be suitable for young children and could be triggering for some listeners. We cover explicit details to provide a comprehensive understanding of these important issues. The information and opinions that are expressed in the show are the personal views of the individual speaking based on their own experiences. They are not intended to diagnose or provide professional advice or recommendations, so listener discretion is advised. So my guest today is Juliana Madi. Juliana is a trauma informed and somatic practitioner with over twelve years of experience working with children and parents within the foster care system. Juliana's work focuses on helping individuals and couples identify and shift trauma driven patterns that impact emotional regulation, attachment, and relationship dynamics. Juliana integrates trauma informed and somatic approaches to support nervous system regulation, expand emotional capacity, and build the foundational skills necessary for healthy, secure relationships. As an adoptee herself, Juliana brings both professional expertise and lived experience to her work, offering a nuanced understanding of trauma, attachment, and long term healing. So you'll be able to find all of Juliana's contact information below the show, but I do suggest you look up her Facebook group and get involved there healing childhood trauma and building healthy relationships. So welcome and thank you.
Speaker 3: For joining me today, Juliana, Yes, thank you, Tina, happy to be here.
Speaker 2: So we're going to just dig right in. So tell me or start with your abuse story.
Speaker 3: Oh, my abuse story might not be your typical abuse story. I was never really well. I guess I didn't realize. I guess maybe it is typical actually thinking about it, I don't think I really realized how much my childhood affected me until like later into my adulthood and my own relationships and like being in intimate relationships with my husband and things like that. But I grew up as an adoptee. I was never in the system. I was adopted from a very young age. But my mother was very emotionally dysregulated. So with that comes a lot of yelling and a lot of you know, maybe spinking and things like that. I wouldn't call it like fully like abusive, but it was just more like she couldn't control her own emotions, if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: And totally makes sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think a lot of people, especially especially from back then like where I grew up in the eighties and nineties, I think a lot of people experienced that in their home where parents couldn't emotionally regulate, and it maybe necessarily wasn't like intentional abuse. It was just how people parented basically. But so I have I had, I got a strong passion for helping kids just from going to college and being interested in helping at risk youth and from there I worked with kids in our systems and witnessed you know, all ofical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, had kids, worked with kids that grew up in the system, which also unfortunately where they a lot of times experience or can experience more abuse and things like that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, and where you talk about, oh, it's not a typical abuse, and then you do recognize that for the most part, it is typical for most of us. That the abuse that we go through and most of the abuse, you know, not to cut down our parents or anything, because they were doing everything they knew how to do. They didn't have any other I mean, yeah, if they read Doctor Spock, maybe they parented slightly different and maybe it wasn't any better. But emotional irregulation is I think was a very big thing back when my mom was going, you know, raising me, and I recently underwent some training myself, not training, but therapy where it ended up being very related to my family and how my great grandmother taught my grandmother she taught my mom, and then it ended up with me. And luckily I didn't have girls, so I changed my parenting method and but but like you, there was the yelling and the screaming. I didn't have to deal with that so much. But it was the lack of love that my mom gave me. She honestly, God didn't love me. I mean she as she put it, I have to love you because you're my daughter, but I don't have to like you. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think a lot of parents they sometimes don't know how to connect with their kids, right if they don't get that connection for themselves when they're growing up, they don't even know what that feels like or what that looks like, and they're not even aware of how important it is and how damaging it is to the self and developing. Yeah, we need that early attachment, and our parents are supposed to be there for us and give it to us. But it definitely does affect you long term and your whole sense of self and how you relate to yourself and others most definitely.
Speaker 2: And for our viewers, I want you to realize that when Juliana and I are talking, we are a totally different person because of what we went through. But you can heal. And Juliana's work is definitely the type of work that we need to have. I mean, when I was getting certified in my high conflict divorce coaching certification, we had a lot of sematic practices. So can you explain a little bit of the semantic practice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So it's a body based modality. Souma is Greek, the Greek word for body, and that's really where our trauma lives a lot of people get confused and think like trauma is the experience itself, but it's really what happens inside of us as a result of the trauma, and it can leave imprints on our nervous system if it's you know, if it's not fully digested and resolved, it's when the nervous system gets really overwhelmed, so that stress response stays in your system and then that's why you get triggered, and then you know, it comes out. The symptoms kind of come out however they're going to come out. But yeah, So it's working directly with those trigger responses and the nervous system to help digest those emotions so you can build capacity and heal and grow basically and not avoid those triggers but really lean into them and become more self aware and things like that. But I started it because I uh sorry, I'm like, let me let me breathe for a second. I haven't talked about this in a long time. I started it because I got diagnosed with PTSD when I left that field. I worked in crisis intervention for twelve years, and my nervous system was just shot. Like I was constantly putting myself right in dangerous situations where that traumatic stress just kind of built up. And I also had a lot of vicarious trauma from witnessing and being with people that had, you know, traumatic experiences happening to them. And I think I had my daughter, and I didn't realize like all of my childhood trauma was going to come up. So everything, I think just came up at once. And so I didn't have a choice to but to do somatic work because I could just feel the energy in my body. It was like pulsing, Like my whole arms would start like if I got nervous, like my arms would just like it was like electric almost. My palms would just start like sweating, like my body just wanted to release all of that traumatic stress. So you know, I had to learn how to use my body and like learn how to like shake it out and just let things arise, and like when emotions started coming up, just learn to sit with it and let my body kind of release it however it was going to release it. But I learned how to learn how to like do somatic meditation to really become body aware because a lot of the times when we have trauma, we live up in our head. Trauma like disconnects us from our body because that's where all the pain lives. So it's a natural response. So really learning how to get back into the body and learn what is it called inter like it's interroception, right, that's the word I'm looking for. It's when you're aware of all of those sensations and what's going on inside of you and things like that. So it's a really important skill to to learn.
Speaker 2: So for our viewers, I'm going to kind of break some of what she said down and put it into some different terms. I'm a master body worker, and what I did was very similar to what Juliana did, except for I did hands on work where we would have that memory that she's talking about, the traumatic memory locked into a muscle, tendon, or ligament, and so I would go in and manually work it. At the same time, I would ask questions about the memory that was located there, so when she's talking about you know, and I also come from emergency medicine, so when our body takes a traumatic hit or we're bleeding out internally through our system. What happens is our limbs starts shutting, you know, our body shuts the blood flow off to our limbs. Our nervous system works very much in a similar manner with the electrical pulses. Okay, we start freaking out. And this is where Juliana is talking about the motion or the feeling that she had in her arms. It's not the goose bumpy feel that kind of confirms something. This is more like pins and italy kind of stuff. It doesn't feel good, and it's a warning to our physical self, our physical body, our brain that something needs to be done or we are going to shut down. And in dramatic cases or serious cases, the body will shut off and there might be a collapse, person passes out, or they have a nervous breakdown and end up in the mental hospital. So Juliana was kind of like her body was saying, Hey, take care of this, or we're going to go to the next step to protect you.
Speaker 3: Yes, And I could feel it coming, and luckily, because I was trauma informed, I kind of knew what was happening. I could feel like the stress just coming up, and I remember telling my supervisor at the time, I'm like, I think a lot of my cases are triggering me, and there's I think I have childhood trauma. I had a lot of babies on my caseload, so that was hard for me. After I had my daughter, I think like I wasn't caring things the same way. I didn't have the same capacity I did before I had kids to be a worker like that and work with kids. And then I was like, you know, having to give hard recommendations in court, and I think all of that just started like building up and I could feel it. And luckily I had a good supervisor and they let me kind of take the cases where I didn't need to be on them anymore, but keep the families that I had worked really hard and like, you know, to get them sober and to reunify and all of that to get them stable. They kept them on and then I was finally able to leave. And then once I left, and I was luckily, you know, I have a partner who's really supportive, so I was able to take like a decent amount of time off all of the emotions from my childhood, from my work and from everything. I was safe, So it was finally like coming to the surface, and it took so long for my body to release all of that like traumatic stress that it was holding onto. And that was really hard because not only was I healing from my childhood and my adoption, I was also healing from I don't know the thousands of people that I had come into contact with, like over the course of twelve years. So it was a strange experience. But yeah, if I didn't, it was definitely like, I'm glad I had a safe house and a safe place to kind of do that, because I definitely think I would have had a severe nervous breakdown if I didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I ended up in a nervous breakdown. And I was working at the Sheriff's department at the time and it was a graveyard shift, so I was able to leave the radio on the phone and luckily there was nothing going on, and I'm sure if somebody had come in or the prisoners were able to get out, I would have been in the mental hospital. Mine was due to not getting enough sleep with working the graveyard and being a mom and having to take care of the kids when I was off duty, so I couldn't sleep during the day. And I had to work at night. So one of the things that I want our viewers to understand is there's there's some like Juliana is talking about, basically the flags that she was trauma informed, so she saw what was coming up. And so it sounds to me like your body, Juliana, mind and body connection, the whole part of you. You were learning and then finally something started to process, and so the learning and the processing started to work together, and that's when you saw that you needed to take care of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I mean I was definitely suffering from I think literally everything. I think complex PTSD that I didn't even realize I had PTSD from just crisis intervention work, moral injury from working in you know, our institutions that don't always align right with your own values, betrayal from those institutions because I there's not enough resources for social workers and whatever, just stress. Like I think it all just kind of like came out at once, which was definitely a weird experience to say the least. But you know, I was having trouble like making decisions. I just like felt like everything was just so misaligned, like in my like you said, like my mind and body were just like there's something not right, like what is going on? Like I could just feel it coming on for sure. So in some of the things that you might experience for the viewers, just like Juliana said that she was having a hard time making decisions. Okay, it can mess with your eyesight to where you have a blurred vision, and it's not necessarily the eye itself, but it's the communication from the brain to the eye, and in my body medicine, that's that you don't like what you see. And so in the case with Juliana, she could have had that, and definitely frontal lobe headaches or headaches within the orbital area, within the side of the head in the orbital area. Those are types of things again when when your body is trying to tie to you, that's one of the signs that you'll see. You might even have ringing in the ears or what you feel like is real loud buzzings or beeps in your head, and that is your body saying you don't like what you're hearing. All signs that you can deal with. Ulcers, upset, stomach, indigestion, those are all signs of things that you will go through and when these start poking up and they start going haywire, you're going to think, oh, I need to go to a doctor now, going and getting some therapy, trauma informed therapy. And I love the somatic aspect. So one of the things that I have used several times with myself is the butterfly tap. I like that one because with children, it's children can do and they kind of like it, especially the little guys, when you call it butterfly tapping, and that helps the nervous system calm down.
Speaker 2: If you are dealing with this, you need to get to the point that you are finding somebody like Juliana that can help you with those types of things. So what types of things can you help somebody with here that's listening to this, that can help them calm their nervous system down.
Speaker 3: Oh what helped me the most was just grounding. Like every day I would just kind of feel into my body just from like starting with my heels and just kind of moving up and like noticing the sensations and you know, just kind of going up to my head, placing a hand on my heart and just like a lot of self compassion, a lot of gratitude, right trying to find things that you're grateful for and honestly like just finding safety, like say, that's like finding safety within yourself. Like Luckily, like I said, I had a really good partner who's super understanding and safe. So just leaning in on him, reconnecting with my friendships, you know, because when we're going through burnout and stress, you kind of want to isolate. That's your like, you know, you don't want to be around people because you're so like overwhelmed and you're like absorbing all of that energy, so it feels overwhelming. But really like leaning in into your safe relationships, right, making sure that they're comforting and they're you know, they're appropriate. But that really helped me a lot. But really just like grounding and placing hands on my heart and learning how to breathe through emotions really helped me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like the word appropriate relationships, okay, because because in my life I reached out to some when I was a kid that were not appropriate. The type of relationship I reached out for the way I had those relationships were inappropriate for one my age, but two for the situation in which I was dealing with my PTSD. I had gone through molestation as a child, and I know these are things that oh my gosh, you know you want to cover that person. But the reality is is I didn't trust anybody then, so I didn't get the help that I needed as a child. You know, I'm not going to tell people why I'm being threatened that if I tell them, it's going to be if everybody's gonna blame me. Well that wasn't the truth. But so years later, when I did finally tell everybody, I was an adult and I was told I was lying, I was making things up, I was like, Okay, well, obviously even now as an adult, it's not safe, and I really did. I reached out help. I started with books and nowadays we can reach out to things like this podcast and and YouTube videos where people are talking about this kind of stuff. Great place to start, but it's not enough. You have to reach out to human people. And that's where the appropriateness comes from. Reaching out to Juliana and having a one on one conversation with her, whether you choose to work with her or not, but having that conversation can help hit the light switch and turn on the light bulbs for you. You know, those of us that have been in abusive relationships. I am one in my marriage. I didn't know it was abuse, And how did I not know this? I had a broken hand, separated ribs. Later down the road, I had a dislocated leg, and that does not count for all the bruises on the arms and stuff from him grabbing me, And he wasn't technically abusive in my mind. Yeah, each out.
Speaker 3: Our view, Yeah, our view and our perception of things can get really blurred. It's really on. It's really common not to to not know like that you're in an abusive relationship. Sometimes things become like normal or like you minimize a lot, right, or you want to see the good in somebody, and you know it like blurs all of those lines. So it is good to reach out and have somebody who understands that and can point out to you what's actually happening in all the blind spots in an empathetic way, right.
Speaker 2: Yes, at carrying an empathetic way is what's super important. And I can tell you my clients that come to me, they need the strength that I provide. But not all divorce coaches are like me, and not everybody needs somebody like me. Somebody like Julie Anna is on temperament, might be a better person, and although she's not a divorce coach, she is definitely somebody to reach out to when you're going through these red flags for PTSD. Let's talk about that for just a minute too. We've tied about the flags Juliana, and PTSD will show up so different for all of us. And I know in my PTSD when especially because in my wrist getting grabbed, that's a PTSD for me, and I haven't had that happen for a long time, so I don't know where it's at because I've worked on it. But if you grabbed my hand, I was a mountain lion. I don't remember what would happen next, but it being sure is going to be in a form to protect me and not protect the person that just did that. And it did not happen very well. I know in one situation, I ended up at the death of my husband in a very bad situation where I wanted to kill the person that touched me. I mean I felt that need to kill them. Yeah, as soon as that hit my my nervous system, I picked up, packed my stuff up from the situation and left.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, and that's why, like I was saying, inter reception is so important because that saved me because what's going on right is those patterns, and your body is going into those protective coping skills, so you can, you know, even if it's not a dangerous threat like that your boy, you think it is and you just react, right. That's why people a lot of people with PTSD and orps CPTSD have those like automatic reactions, and that was happening a lot with my daughter, and that's what those were some of the things where I was like, I'm overreacting like to like little things. I think I'm really stressed out, Like I need to like take a step back. But like, learning how to rewire those automatic reactions is so hard because it's going against all of your instincts. So like even though I knew it was like okay, this is my daughter, I had to really like tap into my body and I would just we carry a lot of like anger in our jaw. And I noticed that that's where I was carrying a lot of that tension. So I was noticing like my jaw would just seize up, like if something was overstimulating or like maybe she wasn't listening or something like that. I would like feel my jaw just tense up, and I knew, like, okay, I'm gonna react in a bad way. Nothing is happening, this is my kid, Let me choose a different way to respond. And so, but gaining those like and that's why somatic work is so important, because you're more in tune with what's going on inside of your nervous system, so you're not just like reacting quickly and then the fallout happens, right, it's like an inappropriate reaction to what's actually happening in the present time basically. So, and that was really really hard to rewire my that and it's hard for everybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, totally agree. And so one of the things, you know, we've talked about getting in tune with your body. So I happen to read this and I cannot think of the author's name, but she's a new author and she just wrote Mundane Magic and she talked about how important meditation is. Well, we all know those of us who don't do meditation. Why am I bothering? Because if I try to get silent, like my head goes, everything goes crazy. That is because you're doing it perfect, okay. In order to get to where Juliana was when her job tightened up, and realizing you have to know what your body's doing. Getting to a quiet place does not mean that you don't be in the middle of traffic or something like that and everything. It just means you stop for a second, hearing what you hear, seeing what you see if your eyes are open, feeling what you feel. And that's how Juliana got where she was at.
Speaker 3: Yes, I spent a lot of time on my deck meditating and basically just connecting with myself, getting to know myself again, like seeing how things arise and like tracking those sensations so I could feel them when I was triggered. And nobody's good at meditation. I think people think that like it, No, your brain is going We're all human, we all have monkey brains. Like there's a million things to be stimulated about during the day. But it's really just learning you know how to sit with yourself and seeing what arises. And that's so when you're like in actual real life, like dealing with people in situations, you're more aware of what's going on inside of you, so you can give that have that pause, right, That's the like trick to rewiring all of those patterns is gaining that pause so then you don't so you can have a choice of how you're reacting, like you're not just automatically doing something right. And I think that's what people need to understand.
Speaker 2: And you can't get there until you stop and start feeling. I know, it sucks, it's anoint it feels horrible, it makes you want to sick, makes you want to throw up in some cases, yes, but that is because you're doing what needs to be done. Your body is fighting you. It's not a saber tooth tiger that's coming after you. It's your own subconscious that's pretending it's a cyber tooth tire. Okay, stop, you can go in. I like I was a closet girl. I would close the closet, shut off the light, and sit in the corner of my closet. I did that as a child, a young child, and even now I have corners in my rooms where I can just sit down.
Speaker 3: For me.
Speaker 2: It's because these two sides. Nobody can come and buy me. Nobody can come. I'm safe. That's what you had said earlier. Get to a safe place that's safe for me. One of the fights with my ex husband, crawled underneath a pickup because it was safe for me. How come because I could see his feet, he couldn't touch me. If I could see his feet, I could keep them away from me because I could see as I was safe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, And feeling all of those feelings is not fun, like you said, Yeah, it's you're basically feeling everything you avoided. So it's a lot of I cried a lot, a lot, a lot a lot, especially, yeah, because when you're being you know, abused in childhood, you're not always allowed to express your emotions, right, because that usually leads to more abuse. And when I was working in crisis intervention, I was dealing with a lot of very sad things, obviously, but I was moving so fast I never got a chance to process what I was actually helping with and witnessing. And I'm very empathetic, so I was absorbing everything. And I was also like lending people my nervous system, right, because when you're dealing with addiction and people that you know have really bad anxiety or severe depression, you're almost like your your nervous system is really like doing a lot of work for them when you're in crisis intervention, and I didn't realize that, so I think I was like absorbing all of that energy and it was like in like mingled, if that makes sense. So it was it was a weird process to heal from because not only was I, like I said, not only was I dealing with my own stuff, but I was remembering saying from like years back when I did work with like sex trafficking victims, Like all of those like memories would just pop up and like so just a lot of tears, as you can imagine you're dealing with children, So it was a lot.
Speaker 2: As an mpath, which is what you are, It's what anybody is. They all think that's a woo woo word, But an EmPATH is anybody who has feelings for other people, who care about their story. Their story hurts you. It's because you're feeling their feelings. Yeah, you don't want them to hurt, so you want to take their pain away. And those are kind of like healers. Healers take that energy and they keep it inside them, and we can't do that. So if we are somebody and empaths or people who care we're perfect targets for narcissistic people, and those narcissistic people love and they were like a little bird. We look so beautiful to them, and so they get a whole to this and they squeeze the life out of us. And that's what happens. We stay in a relationship that we become abused in and don't even know what's happening because it's so snow as they choke the life out of you. And having all of that within you and being afraid of what's on the outside puts you into put your nervous system into a very fragile state. And I know women that are classified as crazy have been put in that state by the abuse and their nervous system being so fragile.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, it affects, you know, your mental health, but those are all coping like how you adapt it and how you cope. And yeah, and I think that was a big misconception for a long time, and unfortunately it still is. Like mental health and distress don't appear out of nowhere. Usually it's usually from abuse and distress like all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right, so true, it doesn't appear out of nowhere. So another question is, so, what what would you want somebody who's dealing with a PTSD from, either abuse or in dealing with the work that you did. What do you want them to know?
Speaker 3: What I see a lot is that people think that it's just the way they are, Especially when you're dealing with complex PTSD. It seems like it's impossible to heal from, but it's not. Your patterns were wired a certain way, and luckily the way our body and brain and mind and heart and soul are all interconnected, you can definitely heal and repattern your nervous system. So I know it seems like a lot. It is a long process for especially depending on what's going on right in the circumstances, And everybody heals at their own in their own way, at their own speed, right, But you heal in relationships, safe relationships, like I said, and doing the work, learning how to sit with yourself and your emotions and leaning into your triggers and the underlying feelings that a lot of us are avoiding. Like I said, we avoid feeling. It's like the feeling of it is what's hard for people to sit with and then connecting it to the stories right that we tell ours about those circumstances and things and the shame we carry and all of that. But it's possible. Our bodies were designed to heal, So don't ever, you know, lose hope.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, And I one hundred percent agree with that. I sit with a bunch of vets. I have done this. It's just one of the things that it's important to me is our vets need to be heard. And it's so often that they break down in total tears and when you ask them what is going on or why or what, they don't know. They don't know when we are going through PTSD. I have witnessed some of the most horrendous PTSD, like murderous PTSD, and these type of events happen because we don't seek the help. You can get out of this. You can do it privately. You can learn a little bits and and then take it. But you need to have somebody, a human person like we tied to, somebody that you can talk to at least in small bits about what you're experiencing and come up with tools that you can use.
Speaker 3: Yes, and apply them like yeah, in your day to day life. It's all about our habits, our lifestyle, who we surround ourselves with and like I said, yeah, just healing the nervous systems. It's possible. It definitely is.
Speaker 2: We're both sitting here because we've gone through our healing aspect. So there's people that support these people that are in these abusive relationships, that support the people that are dealing with PTSD the fragile nervous systems. What would you tell them? What do you want them to learn from this?
Speaker 3: Take it slow, be compassionate. You know, have a lot of empathy. You have to meet people where they are right, and you heal in safety, presence and connection. So really being present with somebody and just allowing them that safe space, that's what really does the healing work. It's just natural. It's like that flow of energy, right, It's like if somebody feels safe in your presence, that is like everything to somebody with PTSD is just being seen and understood and heard and looking at past all of those those outer symptoms like and just seeing them like at like their human soul level. That is what is really healing for somebody.
Speaker 2: Yes, And and I really do advocate for don't give your advice, don't give your loved one your advice. It you're you're too close to them. Somebody going through a divorce needs to have a professional there to help them that's trained in divorce. If they're going through PTSD, they need somebody who understands PTSD. And I can tell you that going through the somatic training and then Juliana being you know, experiencing all of this stuff from both both sides, she's definitely somebody that can help with that. People that understand are trauma informed. They're a better person to reach out to. So you can maybe take this little video and say, hey, I saw this, let me know what you think. You know, ask questions, don't give advice.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, I thought you were talking about like professional.
Speaker 2: People too.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, if your loved ones are going through our experience into met partner violence, then yes, definitely seek outside support. But then also do what I said, like, they need space, they don't need judgment, they don't need yeah, advice, it's you just want to empower them, right, They need to be empowered, be.
Speaker 2: There for when they're ready. So what would you like the people that are eventually going to help this people, the lawyers, the police officers, the ems, people that might have to show up for a nervous breakdown type of situation. What do you want that group of people to know.
Speaker 3: Allow people to have their reaction and just be a safe presence and believe them.
Speaker 2: Right, it's a.
Speaker 3: Lot of abuse survivors get dismissed or the abuse gets minimized, and I think it's just a shame that still today in twenty twenty six, when we know how prevalent domestic violence is, that we still question it when we're on the scene and really educate yourself. There's no perfect victim. We already know that people will protect their abuser, right, That's very common, and I think a lot of people, like in these fields dealing with that, don't understand the trauma responses. And I think it's get educated. If you're going to be helping victims, you need to be educated. It's definitely, it's not an excuse anymore. It's twenty twenty six. Sorry, I don't need to be used, but.
Speaker 2: You need to.
Speaker 3: It's enough. Yes, it's enough. Like women are dying and you know, I know it just doesn't happen to women, but come on.
Speaker 2: Yes, and totally agree. We're just about here at the Angelian them. But I'm one of the things that I want the people on the outside. Yes, listen, get informed, get informed and research trauma informed information. But then find your victims advocates in your area. If you're an EMS police officer, anybody in that realm, find your victims advocate, get their business card, and please give it to that individual. Just say, hey, this is somebody you might want to talk to. Don't judge them, don't think whatever. If you're handing it to the abuser, they're not going to call, so you don't have to worry about that. But if you're handing it to the one who needs it, they're going to hide that card and they're going to call when they need it.
Speaker 3: Yes, believe somebody the first time.
Speaker 2: Yes, So we're come to the end, and I can tell you everybody that that all of Juliana's information is going to be below the show notes and so you can find her. But how do you suggest that people get a hold of you and set up an appointment to talk one on one.
Speaker 3: They can go to my website Julianamadcoaching dot com and I have on there you can find my calendar and I do free thirty minute consults.
Speaker 2: And please do that even if you don't hire her, it is going to be life changing to understand a little bit about yourself, and so you really want to reach out to Juliana for that type of stuff. So, for those of you who don't know me, I am a certified high conflict divorce and co parenting coach. I also am a restorative family mediator. I use all of that, along with all the other training together to help my clients that through from abusive situations to get out. I believe that men need the same support that women do because men can be abused too. You can reach me through my email at Tina dot Huggins dot se at gmail dot com. That is t I n A dot h U g g I n s dot se at gmail dot com. I'm also on social media on Facebook at Tina Lynn Huggins, at LinkedIn at Tina Huggins, on Instagram under Divorce Coach Tina Lynn, and on TikTok under Divorce Tina and my website is Divorcecoachspecialist dot com. So I want to thank you Juliana for being with us here today and sharing all your information with us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you. I hope you know this lands with people, and people just find hope from this.
Speaker 2: Yes, hope is the seed for growth and that's what we need to get out of this situation. So again, thank you, Juliana, thank you, okay, and we'll see everybody next week.
Speaker 1: You're listening to wgsn dB GO and Solo Network Singles Talk Radio Channel, where we take a lighthearted and candidate approach to discussions on the journey of relationship, laws, divorce, parenting, being single, relationships, building, dating, and yes, sex. Join our listeners and begin living your best life.