Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI A M six forty, the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: Hey, and just like that, it's Gary and Shannon once again. This is uh, there's a new addition to our weekly habit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's it's actually extra right, it's like our habit. We've taken a step further because we needed another.
Speaker 3: This is the next step in our twelve steps.
Speaker 1: Is there a next step?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm asking you said, it's a next step, like like we've done the first few things, like you like, there's the twelve We've made amends, we've done all, we've apologized. Yeah, I don't think we have American Yeah, the second step.
Speaker 3: We're done.
Speaker 1: You're you're It's okay.
Speaker 2: But the weekend fix is just another, you know, random thing that we wanted to talk about but we ran out of space during the year.
Speaker 1: Just another thing. It's special, it's unique, it's stuff we wouldn't talk about. And you're wearing that.
Speaker 3: Can we talk about what I wear on the weekend?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I know you can we talk about that? Well for a minute. I first of all, let me say very clearly, these are not daisy dukes. I know that that's what you were thinking of calling them. That's not what they are. Yes, their jeans or they were and then I cut them off.
Speaker 3: Right, So there's little. There's little. The threads hanging down here cover most of my thighs.
Speaker 1: Would we say most?
Speaker 3: During the can't see my tattoo?
Speaker 1: Can you which one? During the week You mentioned that it was springtime, and so I was envisioning the weekend fix for the Gary and Shannon Show. Maybe something floral, maybe pastels enter the fix. I don't know something that isn't those those shorts, Well, I try to make it up. Listen, Jessica Simpson twenty twenty five wouldn't wear those shorts. Those were a two thousand and five Justice Simpsons Simpsons.
Speaker 2: So I'm wearing work clothes, if you want to call it that. From the waist down. Yeah, I thought the gold lamet top would have brightened your day, would have you?
Speaker 1: But I do like the ruffles. That's a nice touch. It's a little bright, but it does distract from your thighs, So I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't think that a cigarette stained biker jacket was going to be your choice.
Speaker 3: But here we are.
Speaker 1: We all have our own things we do on the weekends. Smell like an as Speaking of us, weekends are a great time for self care, right, Do I still smell like an ass? Sometimes I still think I smell like an ashtrais like I quit smoking a long time ago, but it's one of those things where you all, yeah, you get a whiff and you're just like, oh, everything smelled like smoke for a solid decade.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm trying to think of the only ash tray that I that I am anywhere close to on a regular basis is the ash tray that's downstairs as you walk out of the building, as you walk out of the radio station, there's that used to be like a it wouldn't be a smoking area, although.
Speaker 1: Is on top of the trash bend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, because it's next to the terminator two sculpture that looks like somebody just had molten metal of the days.
Speaker 1: Stupid sculpture. It's the stupid, one of the deepest things I've ever seen called art.
Speaker 2: But every once in a while I'll go buy there and I'll think to myself, did I do I smell cigarette?
Speaker 1: Oh? No, I never smell it.
Speaker 3: You never smell that.
Speaker 2: That's funny because you would be sensitive to it. I would be self care.
Speaker 1: Self care, all right. Right, So I've talked about this before. My husband uses preparation H on his face. I think I think he revealed that to me, like years ago, and I've never seen him do it. I've never seen the preparation H. I've never seen any of his self care routine, none of it. But I think he told me this a very long time ago, and it's one of those things I haven't stopped saying out loud. And I'm sure he loves that. But he does have great skin. I mean, there's got to be something to putting hemorrhoid cream on your face. Now, a couple questions, Number one, what is it that makes that work? And number two, how did he figure that out? I don't see him reading Marie Claire heard.
Speaker 3: I've heard that rumored for a long time. Really, it's like.
Speaker 1: An old wives tale. It it came in the Almanac and the Farmer's Almanac.
Speaker 3: Drink up stuff, shrink up.
Speaker 1: Well, what happens when you have hemorrhoids? Have you ever had a hamright? I've never had a hemorrh I haven't either, so I don't know what happens with that. I mean, it's worth a google, but I don't want to do it on my phone. If we were at work, if this was Monday to Friday, I would google it on the work computer. But I don't need hemorrhoids on my personal time.
Speaker 2: Before we get too deep into this self care thing, and since you bring up your husband is self care and you mentioned you've never seen your husband do it, no, the fact that you know that he does or you think he does, where do we stand on that you think he does or you know he does.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have just come up with this out of thin air.
Speaker 3: So you know he does.
Speaker 1: He must If he said it to me, I use oh oh no.
Speaker 2: But I mean on a regular basis, does does he have a regimen disease?
Speaker 1: You know, I don't see the regimen. I don't. I don't go into his self care room or routine or whatever. I don't. You can go to his bathroom, dungeonny, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm a stranger and I'm a weirdo, and I share a bathroom with my wife, so I know the lotions and potions that she's got sitting around so I know her. I know that she does that. I know she has the self care regimen. You guys a couple of months ago started ragging on me because I didn't put I don't put lotion on my face, and how deadly important I tried.
Speaker 1: I honestly, I've been able to tell that because your skin looks better.
Speaker 3: No, it looks it.
Speaker 2: I did it for about a week and then I gave up because it was just I couldn't remember to do it.
Speaker 1: And imagine that a week and I noticed the difference. Imagine what a month could do.
Speaker 2: The question is do you do women consider that attractive that a man has twenty minute self care regimen before he goes to bed.
Speaker 1: Doesn't need to be twenty minutes, that's the thing. I mean. It's putting hemorrhoid cream on your face. Only take seconds, right, and that is attractive. Well again, I don't need to see it. I don't need to watch you put all your potions on your face.
Speaker 3: Lotions and potions.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 1: I had a boyfriend I remember in my early twenties, and he was very much into all the men's products, whether it be like you know, body wash or aftershave or he was very much into all the grooming accoutrement. I did not find it attracted. I didn't find it unattractive. I thought it was what it was. It doesn't it was not neutral for you. Yeah, I mean who cares? But I mean my husband has great skin. So if he's throwing hemorrhoid crane on there, then I need to get into that because.
Speaker 2: You go on Amazon and get about a five gallon bucket of that stuff and you guys could share.
Speaker 1: It, right. He doesn't. That's the other thing. He doesn't ever say like, hey, you want some hemorrhoid crean like that would be nice, Like hey, I see the bags into your eyes, would you like some?
Speaker 3: So it's not attractive. He's boguarding his.
Speaker 1: Now that I think about it, I'm pretty off.
Speaker 3: He's got all the secrets. Ever mad about it.
Speaker 2: The idea of beef tallow as a.
Speaker 3: Self care supplement.
Speaker 1: The last time beef tallow entered our lexicon on the show, we were talking about steak and shake, shake and steak, whatever it is. We don't have a lot of them here changing out there cooking apparatus oils with beef tallow to make it.
Speaker 3: Healthier, healthier a question mark.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: They're still there're people who don't believe that it's healthier.
Speaker 1: Okay, well they said that that's what they were doing, and so then that sent me down the beef tallow. Whole of what is beef tallow? It's animal fat. So now the latest self care thing is rubbing the beef tallow on your skin. Now, if it was animal fat or hemorrhoid cream that I had to pick between, I'd picked the hemorrhoid cream. Why because when I think about animal fat, I think about going out into the barn and seeing a sweaty cow and taking my hand and.
Speaker 3: You see the cows sweat.
Speaker 1: And rubbing this cow, saying hello cow, and kind of get petting the cow, and then taking my hand from the cow onto my face and going like that. And that grosses me up.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's a lot of scientific reasons that that is just the weirdest thing you've ever said. Do cows wear fat on their outside?
Speaker 1: That's a good point. So I'd have to get inside the cow, and that's bad. If I think the sweat of the cow is bad, think about getting inside that cow and then putting.
Speaker 3: It on your face. Okay.
Speaker 2: The thing is, I think with people who are now turning to beef tallow, they're using a lot of the same.
Speaker 1: What part of the cow is the tallow coming from the fat part? So is it just when a cow is is gone, has left us, and its body is being repurposed for food.
Speaker 2: When the cow has offered itself up to our nutrition, you.
Speaker 1: Take a part of the cow, name a part of the cow.
Speaker 3: Stop pointing at me.
Speaker 1: My haunches, your honch Okay, I take your haunch if you're a cow. And did they just like squeeze out the fat and then they put it into some sort of Gwyneth Paltrow goop canister and they put it through some sort of process that takes all the bad stuff out and suddenly it's cream for your face.
Speaker 3: You can cook it down, I mean you could.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Well, that's how they make candles, right with.
Speaker 3: Yeah, certain animal fats.
Speaker 1: So I mean wax, it's not that different from putting wax on your there's different skin stuff that's wax. But Joe Kwan gave me some sort of weird like whale seamen to put under my eyes.
Speaker 3: Oh she loves you.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure that's what it was.
Speaker 2: The criteria that people use to choose which beef tallow though, is similar to the criteria they would use to determine what steak they're going to order real at a steakhouse, because they'll go for the grass fed, holy organic.
Speaker 3: Totally.
Speaker 1: When do you buy this stuff?
Speaker 3: You can go on Amazon and buy beef tallow facial products. Really sure?
Speaker 1: How do you know that?
Speaker 3: Because it says so in the article that we're reading.
Speaker 1: Got it? I didn't read it. The right.
Speaker 2: Farm raised, sustainable, organic, grass fed, all of those are words that people are looking for when they're trying to find a good beef tallow for their face.
Speaker 1: So this is just like the passing trend, right, It's like.
Speaker 2: It probably depends. I mean, the one thing that isn't that is not going away is beef. I mean that's the it's such a steak people of our food around the world that cows are they're in good supply.
Speaker 1: Do you want to don't say no right away? Hear me out. This is something we could do, like moving forward with our weekend fix, because we could come up with like a challenge for during the week that we only talk about during the weekend fix. And my first idea is that we do like before pictures, and one of us puts hemorrhoid cream on their face and the other puts the beef tallow on their face. And after a week, I'm just asking for a week of this beauty care regimen, we see which one fared better on our skin. So this would only require you for a week. You wash your face in the morning, you brush your teeth or whatever, and then you rub a little of whatever you want to do.
Speaker 2: Okay, first of all, my hands don't look like that when I rub stuff on my face. You did the most effeminate like flitting about.
Speaker 3: With it, just the tips, just the tips of the fingers. I don't do anything. That's my point is, I don't.
Speaker 1: Something wrong with putting lotion on your face. There's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 2: I just feel like somewhere my grandfather is turning over in his grave or he's looking at me and he's telling me, don't you dare do that, or I will turn over in my grave.
Speaker 1: Well, your grandfather probably sweat for a living, so his skin created the things that would protect it and keep it moist. And supple. You sit in here like a talk show monkey, fluorescent lights, fluorescent lights, and do nothing, So you need a little lotion.
Speaker 3: That's the kind of motivational speech I need. You're a monkey and you don't do anything.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no no, you know what I mean. I think that there are people that don't need that kind of stuff, being that we're inside the majority of our day and we are under fluorescent lights. It doesn't hurt to have a little It's just lotion. I'm not asking you to like do a vampire blood sucking facial.
Speaker 2: I would love to know. And people can always leave us a talk back on THEE.
Speaker 1: There's the snails, slime and spam.
Speaker 3: Salmon sperm.
Speaker 1: Thing.
Speaker 2: What are the crazy facial lotions or beauty secrets, beauty regimen things that you do or And I think it's probably less likely that you would think it's weird. What what does your spouse do or your girlfriend or your ex boyfriend? Like, what are the what is the craziest thing that you've heard? And you've already gone through a pretty significant list there of the salmon sperm and the.
Speaker 1: Well between my husband and I, he's got the hemorrhoid cream, and I have the Joe Kwan whale sperm. Yeah, so a lot of bases covered at my home. So anyway, what do you think about the challenge? If I order you on Amazon some beef tallow sauce.
Speaker 3: No, I'm the one doing the hemorrhoid cream. You are, No, I take that back, you do the hemorrhoids.
Speaker 1: I say that this is why we like to buy one products.
Speaker 3: We only have to buy one chunk of pieces.
Speaker 1: So it's beef tallow face cream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you could get me one that looks like a roll on deodorant, that would be great.
Speaker 1: This is expensive. I'm not spending this kind of money on your face, like twenty bucks.
Speaker 3: Twenty bucks on my face.
Speaker 2: You got to look at my face twenty hours a week and you wouldn't spend money.
Speaker 1: Doesn't bother me enough for the tune of twenty dollars. It bothered me enough for that's all right. Try to pressed out.
Speaker 2: So every weekend we're gonna say moronic things like this, and then don't forget to tune in on Monday morning, start at nine o'clock. A reminder you can always share, even if you didn't love it. You can always share the podcast, you can always subscribe to the podcast. You can always leave us a rating and leave us comments, and we'll we'll we'll see again next week.
Speaker 1: How much is preparation? H see, this is much more reasonable.
Speaker 3: How much is that?
Speaker 1: This is about eight ninety nine? Okay, well that's the kind of thing.
Speaker 3: For your husband. I don't need any Do you want to.
Speaker 1: Both do the hemrooid cream next week?
Speaker 3: That sounds like fun, question mark. Let's see what happens, all right, Well until Monday they dry.
Speaker 1: Everybody blessings.
Speaker 3: You've been listening to the Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 2: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio ap