Speaker 1: My Billy Cunningham, the Great America. Welcome this windy Tuesday. After him in the Tristate Reds Baseball kicks off again about five forty to night. First bitch, about six forty Luis Castillo on the mountain for Seattle and Ladolo goes for the Red Legs. They won five of the last six. One might add that the first eight games of this year the Reds were two and six, and the last eight games the Reds are six and two. On the right track eight and eight, about ten percent of the season is done and the Reds are about a game and a half out of first place. With the Cubs in first place. We'll see what happens, and the Reds do not play another team now at this point is a winning record until May twentieth. They got five weeks of playing softballs. But we'll see what happens down the road. But secondly, yesterday in Common Police Court, and for some reason, the smile of the life of Benjamin Addison, who I never knew, has stuck in my mind for a while. I think every parent's worse nightmare when you send a kid to UC. I guess to Xavier Nku Miami, he said, they're on their own, but you want the best for him. You want a kid to have roots with the family and wings to fly. And Benjamin Addison, who was twenty one years old when he was murdered and near the UC campus Mount Auburn, was doing everything right. He worked, works his way through school, had good grades, he was a mentor, the freshman that came in. The kid did everything right. And one evening he called his mom and mom said, Ony, don't you come home, which was I think in Anderson Township might have been wrong about that, but he said, no, Mom, I'm gonna stay downtown and have some fun and idea. I guess the suspicion is he, you know, wanted to be like a college kid. And about one or two o'clock in the morning, he looks out the window of a friend's apartment and sees the lights of his Hyundai or on and he's thinking, man, did I leave the door open or something? So he goes out there. Suddenly he's confronted by the Justin At Dugan, only seventeen years old at the time. According to media accounts, he was trying to steal the car, and some sort of confrontation occurred between Benjamin Addison, the rightful uc student, who was certainly unarmed and compared to the behavior, of course of one Justin Dugan, who was there to commit an armed robbery of one type or another. He was indicted for murder some other things, and as a consequence, the case was before Judge Alison Hathaway, who, by the way, spent years here in the newsroom. James Bogan, you may recall many many years ago we had Rachel Ali and we had a newsroom and Alison Hathaway was an employee of seven hundred WLW in the newsroom with bridget Rachel and Ali, and I spent a lot of time with Ali, and I sent a recommendation to get her into law school. That's kind of required a little bit. And now after I don't know, ten or fifteen years later, guess what, she's a Common Police Court Judge al and Alison Hathaway sentenced the defendant, James Justin Dugan, to many say, only twenty one years in jail for this felony murder. And first of all, James Bogan, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And before we talk about the president, am I right to assume that a felony murder maybe ten or twenty years ago couldn't make one applicable for the death penalty and or life imprisonment without possibility of parole.
Speaker 2: Was that the way it was?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is the way it was.
Speaker 4: And of course in between the Supreme Court decided that seventeen or anyone under eighteen cannot get the death penalty, and they subsequently expanded that they can't get life without parole.
Speaker 1: So really, justin Dugan, because of his age, his tender age of seventeen, could not get the death penalty and could not get possibility life without possibility.
Speaker 2: So here's the other issue.
Speaker 1: I added up the years he could have faced voluntary manslaughter, felonious assault and using a gun to commit an offense. You could have got twenty six point five years instead of twenty one years.
Speaker 2: Why do you suspect the lower range was taken?
Speaker 3: Juh?
Speaker 4: I mean I suspect Bill that this was an agreed plea deal. You see these in murder cases more often, much more often than open please which, by the way, when you go and do an a greed plea deal, the judge does not have to go along with it. But this sentence here. To be very honest, I don't that seems to be around the going rate that we see in these kinds of cases on plea deals.
Speaker 1: And Connie Pillach was on with Scott Sloan this morning and she kind of implied that it was kind of a negotiated sentence. The family is not happy, Benjamin Addison's mom and dad, especially Joseph Addison the father, and the mother went through the fact that her son should have been great situating next next month from UC. She'll never have grandchildren to hold. It was a terrible case. The family did not agree with the sentence. So, in a practical way, when you're in negotiations with a criminal defense attorney and with prosecutor's office, if the family does not agree, what.
Speaker 2: Weight does that have in the sentencing.
Speaker 4: It just depends on the overall evidence of the case and other circumstances. Every case is different, and obviously in this case, I'm not privy to any particulars that would have moved the needle either way.
Speaker 1: And as a consequence, and Justin Dugan's going to be out of prison, I guess when he's about thirty eight or thirty nine years old, and I don't know what kind of person's going to come out of jail at that point, but it looks to me like his age worked in his favor, even though his behavior was as an adult to be seventeen years old. The law says, I think you told me earlier the cases Miller versus Alabama, where a juvenile cannot get life without possibility of parole, and of course they can't get the death penalty either, and so.
Speaker 2: It is what it is.
Speaker 1: But he could have got he could have got murder, in which case he would have to serve fifteen years before eligibility. And I's gonna be eligible for five or six years. So you're down in the bows of the courthouse every day. You're saying that our former employee, Judge Allison Hathaway, did not do anything out of the unusual.
Speaker 4: No, and in this case here, the only thing that would be unusual be to not go along within the crete sentence. I mean, I actually had that bus stop rapist in Forced Park earlier this year, and she hit him pretty hard. So when I had things about trauma and mental health and substance abuse to argue for, you know, mitigation, which is the kind of stuff any decent attorney would look up looking too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: I haven't had any experience where she does anything unusual with any of my cases.
Speaker 1: You're saying, our former news employee Ali is doing a pretty good job, is what you're saying, James.
Speaker 3: Bogan, Yes, I am.
Speaker 4: And you know I actually knew her when she was a news employee. One time she covered a case that I was working with. Legend Isaiah Gaines, Gains.
Speaker 2: And Gaines Attorneys at law. If you need me, call me.
Speaker 4: And he still had your picture on the wall.
Speaker 2: Ships all right.
Speaker 1: So for those who say, maybe some here say, look, you don't kill a twenty one year old UC student during a felony murder armed robbery and get off for twenty one years, James Bogan would say he didn't get off. Justice Dugan. I would say, this wasn't his first rodeo. But we don't know the record of a juvenile either. I would assume this wasn't his first arm robbery, and he got kind of a sentence that was at least in the range of what normally happens in Hamley County.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I just haven't seen anything unusual ever since Pillas took over for these new judges to you know, I haven't seen anything that really raises any red flags.
Speaker 1: Let's move on to the next case. Brian Hamrick had this. A Channel five security video reveals new information about a shootout that left one man dead and a teenager under arrest. The video shows twenty five year old at Kyle Merrick outside a carry out on Short Vine. You know the UC campus. I'm sure you've been there many times. And the video, it looks like Kyle is simply looking at his phone and suddenly investigators a person who pulled a gun on him was a fifteen year old. It looked like an arm robbery in progress. And the video shows the alleged attacker, the fifteen year old whose name I guess we can't use, with a gun in his hand, lunging at Mirrick, the victim I assume to get something of value from him, and then Mirrick, the future dead guy, pushes the team away and begins to run. The team raises the gun and fires at Merrick, and then Merrick, unbeknownst to the attacker, had a gun on his own. Kind of explained to the American people what happened to that on short vine in Coreyville.
Speaker 4: Well, basically, just like he described, that fifteen year old goes up to Merrick just sticks a gun in him. Merrick pushes him when he starts running a bit, the team raises a gun and fires. Mirk turns around and fires some shots himself. The team falls, Mrick runs off, and then shortly after that Merk's dead, and.
Speaker 1: The video shows when Merrick was shot the victim he didn't you know, the first time you're shot. For a few seconds, you don't know your shot. He was dead man walking. And at this point, the fifteen year old who committed this attempt at armed robbery will probably be treated just like Justin Dugan for killing Benjamin Addison. Because he's under eighteen. He can't get the death penalty, he can't serve life without possibility of parole. He's probably looking at twenty to twenty five years. Can you discuss how unusual is today they have these teenagers running around with guns committing these offenses in and around Coreyville. You see, I would think it's one of the more violent campuses in the country. And it looks like lots of events are taking place, and how you're a UC Grant.
Speaker 2: Is that correct?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean the crime rates. I've heard of mixed things about it. However, it's pretty clear that you don't want to be on Short Vine at night. And just the sheer number of teen shooting teams doing the shootings that we've seen at the court, it's just blown up. And the big thing that just these these teams that are out at times where they shouldn't be, I mean, makes me wonder where the hell of the parents.
Speaker 1: That's a good a fifteen year old, maybe a freshman with a gun sticking up people on Short Vine. And you know, I tell those around me, if this happens to you, put your hands up and say what do you want? Give this arm Robert whatever they want. And so the behavior of the future dead guy, the victim, what he did, in a sense precipitated the shooting, which may not have occurred. But if you're a victim in that circumstance, you don't know what the hell you're going to do.
Speaker 2: What advice would you give?
Speaker 1: James Bogan of those who find themselves in that situation, like Benjamin Addison didn't know he was about to be murdered by Justin Dugan, and of course, Merrick didn't know he was about to be murdered.
Speaker 2: What do you do in that situation? If you find.
Speaker 4: Yourself Mirrick, what he should have done was exactly what you said, put your hands up and say take what you want. Your property is not worth your life. And for Addison, he should have, in hindsight, I hate to blame him in any way or sound like it, he should have stayed inside, maybe.
Speaker 2: Yelled at the hey, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: You know, and you know, call the police because there plenty of times where it's just yelling out the window like that can scare them off because the one thing thieves hate is being detected. But you know, that's just I'm just guessing here. But going outside, obviously, in hindsighting going outside and confronting was a mistake. And here's the thing. When you're in those firearms courses and so on, when you're taught home self defense, if an intruder breaks into your home, they actually teach do not confront the intruder. You retreat to a room with your fire a safe room with your firearm, and yell out that you have a gun and you've called the police. Something like that, because if you confront one intruder, How do you know there's not another one coming up behind you and going to do something to you?
Speaker 1: So be passive, think about it ahead of time, know what you're going to do in that circumstance before it takes place, and if it occurs, be passed as if slowly put your hands up and.
Speaker 2: Say what do you want?
Speaker 3: That's correct?
Speaker 1: Now before we get into this case. It is terrible stabbing case which I sent this to you. Also about the teen suspect free on bond after stabbing a Texas track Star Austin Metcalf to death. I tell those who park their vehicles that leave nothing of value in the car and do not lock the doors, because the first thing these thieves are going to do is break a window, which costs you a thousand bucks.
Speaker 2: It's a pain in the neck.
Speaker 1: And of course cops say, look, lock up, have nothing of value, but lock the doors to your car. What does James Bogan say? Do you say lock the door leave nothing in or do you say leave the door unlocked and leave nothing in?
Speaker 2: What do you say?
Speaker 4: I say, lock the door, don't leave anything in Because the biggest thing that I've seen with cases is when people break in the cars. They look in the window, see something valuable, and hey, I want that. If I've never had my car broke into knock On Wood and I you know, parking in Clifton and everything when I was at UC, it's a matter of don't leave valuable stuff out in your car. That is the number one thing that's going to get your car broken into.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about another juvenile case. This is out of Texas, and you know, this is another awful case in which I guess there was a high school track meet and the two schools were going at each other on the track and a teen suspect got free on bond yesterday after allegedly stabbing Texas track star Austin Metcalf to death. I guess Metcalf said to this teenager, whose name is Carmelo Anthony, seventeen years old, that you're standing in the wrong spot or whatever. And they had words back and forth to each other, and at one point Carmelo Anthony, seventeen years old is now facing first degree murder chargers in Metcalf's death, simply reached into his bag, pulled out a knife, and plunged it into the chest of this kid, a parent's worst nightmare. As a criminal defense attorney, what comes to mind? Because he's claiming self defense, he is saying saying a little push on his chest from the future victim was sufficient to stab him in the chest, causing him to bleed out. What do you say is how to valid self defense claim?
Speaker 4: Any first year law student will tell you it's not, even if the teen who stabbed Austin Metcalf had attacked Anthony.
Speaker 3: First.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing. Deadly force is only allowed if the attacker uses deadly force, or if there's an objection objectively reasonable fear of death or serious bodily harm. If someone attacks you with non deadly force, you can't escalate the level of force. You can only do enough to repel the attack. And this even applies with standard ground law standard ground. Contrary to what the left likes to say, it only takes away the duty to retreat when you meet all the other prongs of self defense. It doesn't just turn the streets into the wild West. And when Anthony reached into his bag and took out the knife, that shows pre meditation under the legal definition, because no particular amount of planning or particular amount of thought is required, he escalated the force involved. Again, this is something any first year law student can tell you, and this is something you need to know for the bar examine. It's absolutely sickening that the left has turned it into a race issue and turned this kid into a hero.
Speaker 1: You know, the defendant is black, the dead teenager is white. The Anthony family has raised four hundred and twenty five thousand dollars on line to defend the black kid against being pushed by the so called white kid and the lawyer standing in your stead. James Bogan said, quote, every Texan has the right to defend themselves when they reasonably fear for their life. Self defense is a protection that applies to each and every one of us. There are two sides to every story. This is a tragedy all the way around. Do not rush for judgment. If one pushes you, or maybe even slaps you, that does not give you the right to stab them and use deadly forced The force you use must be commensurate with the force used against you. So if some person slaps you and pushes you, I don't know about punching. That's in a different category. You could be hitting the head and fall down and kill yourself. But if someone pushes you with your hand, you don't have the right to take a dagger and stab them in the chest. But this has become a race issue, and so suddenly, because the defendant is a is a black teenager, they're going to raise more than a million dollars for his defense. And it reminds me of Luigi Mangioni killing the killing the insurance executive. He's raised two million dollars and it's pretty sick. Well, James Bogan, we got to go. I want to get your advice on all these matters. But the number one, if you're going to be held up or someone burglarizes your home, retreat and yell that you have a gun, even if you don't, and the police are on their way, and do and be passive as can be. But James Bogan, once again, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show.
Speaker 2: Thank you, James, Thank you.
Speaker 3: Bill.
Speaker 2: Always a privilege, bless you.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more if line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, we schedule later on Governor Mike Dwine, depending upon connections and things like that. I believe he's in Washington doing some stuff there, But he wants to report on the budget and so much more, and also the funding of the Bengal Stadium. All on News Radio seven hundred WLW. Billy Cunningham, The great American of course today is taxed to April to fifteenth. You must give to Caesar the things that are Caesar's and the God the things that are God. You have until about four thirty today, five o'clock Eastern time today to have your envelope postmarked. And many people wait to the NFA owe money like yours surely, or on the other hand, if you get money, you might file a bit early. But the tax policy is something in great debate in Washington. In fact, Donald Trump promises a big, beautiful bill before Memorial Day which will be about eighty thousand pages long, describing this, describing that want to get perspective where we are and where we hope to be.
Speaker 2: Joining you and I now.
Speaker 1: Scott Hodge is a tax and physical policy fellow at the Arnold Ventures form a president of the Tax Foundation of America. Scott Hodge, Welcome to the Bill Cunningham Show. Scott, first of all, can you tell the American people about the original tax policy in this country was to in a sense, and I think it was like nineteen sixteen to tax a little bit of income, and that's it. It's grown in a gargantuan way. And can you tell the American people. Do one percent of the American people pay about I don't know forty I think forty percent of the taxes. The top five percent pay seventy five percent. And if you're real rich and you have capital gains income you play, you kind of already pay a different rate than the earned income. But is it our Do we already have a tax policy in which those who have high incomes already pay disproportion amount of the federal bills?
Speaker 3: Yeah, A lot of people are a bill are very surprised to hear how progressive our tax system is, which means how tilted it is toward the rich. And I don't mean that in the sense that the rich get all the tax bricks. It's that they pay the lion's share of the tax burden. In fact, at the other end of the scale, we have about fifty four million Americans every year pay zero income taxes because of the generosity of many things like the child tax credit and other deductions which wipe their tax bill away. Many of those people actually get a check back in what's called a refundable tax credit, meaning you get a check back even if you don't owe any taxes. And meanwhile, as you mentioned, the top one percent of taxpayers pays about forty percent of all the income taxes. And so we have a tax system that is very progressive, very tilted toward the rich. And that's why one of the reasons why it's so difficult to tax tax reform is because you have this political dialogue about who pays what and how much. And that's what this year is going to be a very challenging year to try to extend the twenty seventeen Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, because it's going to be a very very political debate.
Speaker 1: So the top one percent, Am I correct to say? The top one percent make about four hundred thousand dollars a year, they pay about forty percent the top How about the bottom fifty percent, those who make seventy thousand dollars a year or less, The bottom fifty percent pay less, three percent pay three So let me get that, So fifty percent pay yeah three percent?
Speaker 5: Right right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I hit. And again it's because over the last three decades or so, Congress has passed a lot of different programs like the child tax Credit, the ear an income tax Credit, and other benefits aimed at the middle class or lower income people, and as a result, those people have their income tax liability basically wipe clean. And most people aren't aware of that. And it's one of these sort of hidden secrets of the tax bill because we hear so much political rhetoric that, oh, the risk get all these tax breaks.
Speaker 2: Well they do.
Speaker 3: They still pay a lot at the end of the day.
Speaker 1: So when some republic going a Conservatives says, you know what, we need tax reform, more than half the American people say, no, we don't. I'm good the way it is because I'm not paying federal tax. In fact, I'm getting money back. And so it's a problem. And I've discussed this for many years and many different platforms, and that never seeps through. So when when Republicans or others say we're going to get a tax cut, most people don't care about that because they don't pay taxes anyway. And for those who do pay taxes, you have to hire accountants. I have two or three that work. I'm largely a W two employee. My return is not too exotic anymore. And so I look at that and say, I give them all the stuff and say, okay, what do I pay? And then I and then I pay, and then I move on. And so the odds of this thing passing I heard this morning in one of the talk shows. It might have been with Joe Scarborough, who used to be normal, used to be a Republican now who's gone left wing, with Zika Brazenski, who said, essentially, this thing, this dog's not gonna hunt because most people do not want reforming the tax code. There's too many advisors, too many lobbyists on K Street making too much money. And so the odds of this passing, which would approve a five trillion dollar additional national debt. So I watched last night when Maria Bartiromo, who had on Lankford, Republican conservative from Oklahoma, that the Republicans are saying, well, we're gonna have this big, beautiful bill, but we're gonna extend, We're gonna go borrow five trillion dollars more money. Is that conservative? Is that a Republican?
Speaker 3: No, it's irresponsible. It's true, bill we do need to extend the twenty seventeen tax cuts to keep some normalcy in the tax law, to keep some predictability in it, and we don't want an automatic four trillion dollar tax pyke on the American public and the economy. At the same time, we need to do that in a responsible way, and that is going to require cutting spending or closing loopholes somewhere else in the tax code so that extending the good tax cuts doesn't blow up the deficit. And that's the dilemma that Congress is facing right now.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: As you mentioned, we have the Senate and says, oh, we don't need to pay for that. We can we can run up the debt by another five trillion dollars. Many people in the House representatives are saying, hey, wait a minute, we should at least cut some spending. And while they're recommending about two trillion dollars with his spending cuts over the next ten years, that's not nearly enough to cover the entire cost of the tax cuts. So that's the dilemma that we're in right now with this so called big beautiful.
Speaker 1: Bill, and that those tax cuts at this point, according to Elon Musk, are about one hundred and fifty billion dollars. And when I hear Republicans say it must be paid for, there's going to have to be five trillion dollars. I said, five trillion dollars of growth or cuts to equal the cost of the tax bill, letting people keep more of their own money.
Speaker 2: Is that even conceivable?
Speaker 1: They have five trillion dollars and growth from new taxes or DOZE five trillion dollars. The Republicans have agreed to it, and that almost impossible.
Speaker 3: It is impossible. In fact, you know, even the most pro growth tax bill in the world is not going to create that much economic growth and will not pay for itself. So there it is simply impossible, and that's that's kind of a fantasy. At the other hand, even though DOZE may be doing some good and trimming back some of the scale of some of these agencies and programs, there's a limit to how much you can really do without the help of Congress, because Congress really controls the purse strings, and if you want to close an agency like the Department of Education, Congress only Congress can do that. The President and DOGE can't do that on their own. So this is ultimately going to have to be a team effort between the White House and Congress in order to scale back and cut the amount of government spending. We need to cover this tax bill. So there's a lot of work ahead of them. And right now everybody seems to be avoiding. They're avoiding the hard choices, and that shouldn't surprise anybody.
Speaker 1: Well, Scott Hodge, I've been at this a long time and I don't I don't see Republicans agreeing among themselves to do this, much less Democrats agreeing with Republicans to eliminate the Department of Education. I can't in the real world. I can't conceive of that happening. No, it's not going to happen. You can talk about or cutting around the edges, but the core is not going to change. And you can talk about dead Social Security recipients and that all that should happen, unemployment to dead people. Absolutely, eight month old children getting loans from PPP, eight month old babies getting loans. Yeah, now, all that should be done, but none of that's going to truly affect the federal spending, which is north of six trillion dollars a year. Correct, All that stuff that doesn't add up to a hell of beans.
Speaker 3: No, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do it. It just means that it's just has to be part of the solution. It is not the solution. So we need a combination of spending reform and tax reform to get the job done. If we're going to try it, if we're going to really try to balance the budget, we're going to have to do both.
Speaker 1: Do you see that happening? Get out to your political crystal ball. I mean, the Republicans rarely agree among themselves, much less letting Democrats come along.
Speaker 2: I don't see.
Speaker 1: And how about the issue of the thirty six trillion dollar national that most Americans don't know what a trillion dollars is or a billion dollars or a million, have no idea. We owe thirty six trillion. The interest rate on that is about one trillion dollars a year, an interest we pay that goes to bondholder says we had raised the money just to pay that. And so assuming that the Republicans can't get it done, and politis go back and forth, we wave left, waverright, come back, and right now things are hunky dory for the Republicans, but I can see in two or four years is going to be Democrats going to be in charge. They're going to start spending more money. So let's say at this point you and I are round in about five or six years from now, and the accumulated national debt in those years grow by fourteen trillion dollars, which will take about seven years at current rates of spending, and that means we're going to have a fifty fifty trillion dollar national debt. And the interest rates aren't going to be one and two percent, They're going to be four and five percent. So let's say we own at some point in the next six or seven years fifty trillion dollars, and the interest on that is going to be two trillion dollars a year. Where does that money come from?
Speaker 3: Well, at some point we run out of places to borrow it or run out of places to tax to get it. And that's the reality. I mean, Bill, I've been in Washington thirty five years. When I came to Washington, the federal budget was just climbing over one trillion dollars. And look where we're at now, and and it has been very frustrating to watch the lack of of fiscal responsibility by both parties, frankly, and it just keeps getting worse. And you do wonder what the catalyst is going to be to force the kind of action that's needed to get the fiscal house in order. I mean, we're beginning to see that now with you know, the federal with with the bonds. You know, uh, investors are liquid in the US bonds, so uh, and they're letting the dollars going down. So maybe the global economy is beginning to sour on the United States as a place a safe haven. And maybe that's the kind of catalysts that will wake people up and say, hey, we've got to change our behavior or else the rest of the world is simply going to stop loaning this money to pay off this big debt.
Speaker 1: And what happens when that occurs. Let's say it's uh, it's twenty on, so does say it's twenty thirty, which isn't like too far in the distance. We're close to twenty thirty as we are to twenty twenty. It's twenty thirty, and we go to the quarterly and we need billions of dollars more. We borrow six billion dollars every day in brand new money, and suddenly the bond holders say, wait a minute, I need more interest. Are we facing a predictive financial catastrophe unless we start dealing with it, which is unlikely. We have a calamity coming of historical financial proportions in this country.
Speaker 3: Well, the reality is that the debt or the interest on the payments on the debt start creeping into the federal budget and basically eliminating or taking away the room for other types of programs. And so really that's the kind of wake up call for Washington. Look, if we're spending too much on interest on the debt, there's no room for education or roads or highways or airline, know, anything else that people see as a priority. Those programs will get short shrift because we're spending all of our money on the national debt. That's kind of the reality of it.
Speaker 1: Well, Scott, I don't think the American people understand that we can talk about that.
Speaker 2: We're blue in the face.
Speaker 1: The only way to solve this is grossly increased taxes extremely unpopular, grossly cut spending extremely unpopular, or print trillions of dollars or more money, which you cause rampant inflation, and that's terribly Inflation isn't too popular. Taxes going up not too popular, Cutting benefits not too popular.
Speaker 2: So Scott Hodge, what do we do?
Speaker 3: We get into a death spiral in which the economy begins to shrink as a result of all of that. We've seen that with other countries like Greece and elsewhere where. They have just run up the national debt. They've ruined the economy so that it can't produce enough economic growth to cover the debt, and that could be the situation we're in. We're lucky that we're still a very dynamic economy and we seem to be suffering through this. But at some point, you know, we got to pay the piper, and it's going to take a lot of political courage and leadership in order to turn this ship around.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's going to take a lot of courage, and I don't see a politicians having That's it's the most predictive calamity ever to strike this country. It's almost as if the nine to eleven planes are miles away. They're not going to hit for about five years a we ignore them. At some point, we're going to have a terrible catastrophe unless we have a come to Jesus moment and hasn't happened yet. I hope it does. But Scott Hodge, former president of the Tax Foundation, a Washington insider, thanks for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show in this tax Day April fifteenth, twenty twenty five. Scott Hodge, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Bill.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more if a line becomes available five one, three, seven, four nine, seven thousand three choices One do you want grossly increase in taxes? Do you want gross cut and benefits? Or or do you want to print trillions of dollars of new money which causes rampant inflation? Those are the three choices. Let's continue. Bill Cunningham, News Radio seven hundred WLW My Bill Cunningham, the Grand American to purse our governor as Governor Mike Dwine buys himself somewhere in Cleveland this afternoon, trying to get out. I'm sure, and nonetheless, Governor Mike Dwine, welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show. And first of all, Governor, the last couple of days, I've watched the criminal activities of seemingly a deranged homicidal fool who tried to kill your fellow Governor Josh Shapiro by fire bombing his home. I'm amazed, first of all, that this person can get over a fence, have a Molotov cocktails home brew, throw through window, walk in, and he said he had a mallet with him, that he was he was gonna kill Josh Shapiro. If the Governor had come down the step saying what's going on, we could have had a real tragedy. Part of the risk of being in public life that you've been there for I guess half century or more, is is there some nut jobs that may want to come after you. You've I've been kind enough being invited to your home, and I noticed there was one or two highway patrolman standing around, but not I don't know. About two o'clock in the morning, did what happen to Governor Josh Shapiro calls you any alarm or concern about your own physical safety?
Speaker 5: Well, first of all, you know, our heart goes out to the Shapiro's. You know, I texted him as soon as I've found out. We had worked together on different things having to do with the border. When we had these Palestine train derailment. You know, that was almost right on the border, and so we got to know each other through that. So, you know, a shocking thing, a very very you know, very very sad situation. I think you know, every governor around the country, and every governor's security uh you know, probably was going through, at least in their minds, some assessment of you know.
Speaker 3: How well are we doing?
Speaker 5: Uh, you know that's what that's what you always do. And you know, we certainly have have security. You know, there are people who write letters. We get letters that you know, are threatening most of the time when they check them out. These are people who uh you know aren't aren't really serious, but there are people out there. They're bad people out there, and so it certainly is concerned. I mean when you think about it, Bill, you know just a few years ago that uh, you know, there was going to be an attempt on the governor, Governor Whimmer of Michigan to kidnap her if you remember that, and they you know, they stopped that before it actually took place. Uh. So you know, here you've got Michigan and here you've got Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: So it's it's very concerning, all right.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about the Bengals deal. Of course, you live in Green County and pretty close to Cincinnati, far away from Cleveland we are this afternoon. But the deal is that was positioned by the media was that the Cleveland Browns were getting six hundred and sixty million to Jimmy Haslam to move the Brownies from the on the Lake to southern Cuyahoga County as part of like a two and a half to three billion dollar development that the and that the Bengals and the Brown family came hat in hands.
Speaker 2: What about us?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: I had on Representative Adam Bird of New Richmond, who laid out the plans as to why the Bengals aren't going to get the money. Senator Blessing of Coleraine Township said, the Bengals aren't going to get the money. It's a different deal. And you're the governor, I would ask you, are the Bengals going to get three hundred million dollars or so out of either either the General Revenue Fund or through bonding, and so the Bengals can do their one third part. According to Denise Streetthouse, she said one third from the state, one third from the Bengals. Slash NFL one third from the county. Where do you stand on this issue, if anywhere, Governor Mike Dewan.
Speaker 5: Well, Bill, thanks for asking. First of all, I am a Bengals fan, uh and season ticket holder for a long time, you know, enjoy watching them a great deal, and so that would be my first confession, I guess so. But look here, here's how I look at it. Let me just kind of walk people through this because I think it's a good question and there's been a lot written and I want to maybe try to clarify some things. You know, First of all, the state has put money. Taxpayers of the state have put money into stadiums going back, you know, sixty years ago, fifty years ago, and it's been you know, off and on. Every few years there's been, you know, an expansion of a ballpark or reconfiguration or building of a new one, and the state has put some money into it. It's never been a huge amount or not a huge percentage. I don't think it's ever been over fifteen percent of the total cost. But we do that and people say, why do you do that? Look, we do that because part of the quality of life in Ohio, and I think we have a great quality of life is we have great professional sports that are close to virtually everybody in the state. We also have theater, we also have the arts. We have you know, all kinds of different things that make our lives better and sports is one of them. And we want to be able to compete and keep these teams here in Ohio. So that's probably going to continue. But we have now more sports teams. We have two new soccer teams, you know, not.
Speaker 3: Real new, but relatively new. Know, we like them. That's that's great.
Speaker 5: It looks like it's going to be a women's soccer team that's going to come to Cleveland. So that's going to be another team. And we could go on and on. And the truth is, Bill that we no longer can can afford to take money from the general fund, from directly from the tax payers, because when we do it, we're taking that directly away from education, We're taking away from mental health, we're taking that away from uh, you know, helping.
Speaker 3: People who have addictions.
Speaker 5: But there is there is a pathway, uh and I think it's a it's a good pathway. And this is what I've I have suggested to the legislature and it's what is in the what was in the bill that I sent to the legislature, UH, and that is that we increase the fee or tax, whatever you want to call it, UH on these sports gaming companies UH that are making you know, hundreds and hundreds of millions of dollars they're taking out out of the state every year.
Speaker 1: UH.
Speaker 5: They don't They don't work in the state. They don't have him laoyees in the state. It all goes outside. And so getting the fee that we charge them higher to help us with these stadiums in the future makes sense. Frankly, I have to look at this from the Bengals point of view, the Browns point of view, or the Reds. I have to look at it from you know, the whole state. So here's what our proposal would do.
Speaker 2: Would we would.
Speaker 5: Raise this fee that we charge these gaming companies. We would raise it, take it from twenty to forty. We would still not be the highest in the country New York State for examples of fifty. This would not come from the gamblers, It would not come from the citizens who place a bet. It would come directly from these companies. We looked the other day bill for example, at some of the states that have low, low, low tax versus they say New York. The odds that these companies were quoting was identical in the states. So by putting his tax on, they're not going to hurt or change the odds for our gamers. That this would generate somewhere between one hundred, one hundred and fifty to one hundred and eighty to one hundred and ninety million dollars a year. My plan would be to put that into a fund, and that would be the fund that would grow every year and it could be used for all the things you know. To put the state share in. It certainly wouldn't pay for the renovation of these ballparks the stadiums completely, but it would it would do the state share, which we should be doing. And it's I think it's a good proposal, and that's proposal that I've asked the General Assembly to pass.
Speaker 2: All right now.
Speaker 1: On that issue, I asked your friend Adam Bird, who's in the leadership of the House, about that, and I also ask him about increasing marijuana, that's a different issue, and he said he said he's not going to vote for that because that's a tax increase. It may be a fee increase, but all these conservative Republicans have said, we're not doing that. And so because we're increasing taxes, how would you respond to the Senator Blessing and others who said we're not doing that.
Speaker 5: Well, it's it certainly is better than taking it from taxpayers in Ohio.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: This is not taking taxpayers Ohio money.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: It's taking it from these gaming companies. They're out of state.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: And and they're they're taking hundreds literally hundreds of millions of dollars in profit every single year. They can they can spend a little that money, and it would be a tax. And again, they're not going to leave Ohio or the sixth largest state as far as gaming. Uh, They're going to continue to be here. And just as in New York and New Hampshire and some other states that have higher fees that we would have or higher taxes than we would have, you know, they're not they're not going to leave. Uh. And so this money, there's some justice that seems to me, uh that these gaming companies that really don't have any investment, investment in stadium or anything else would have to pay some of this, some of their profit would go towards maintaining the ballparks and the stadiums that we have in the state of Ohio.
Speaker 1: So you're one third of the deal. You're the governor. You got the lawmakers or are saying and once I've spoken to and saying no. Also, the Bengals went the money up front, Governor. In other words, according to Denise Treetouse, it's about nine hundred million. They don't want this over the next five to ten or twenty years. They need it like immediately, like three hundred million dollars from the state as the state's part of the puzzle. Are you saying that's a non starter.
Speaker 5: Oh, I wouldn't say it's a non starter. What I'm saying is we can't pay for it our general funds.
Speaker 3: We can't.
Speaker 5: We can't rob education, we can't rob mental health. We just can't do that. Bill listen to all the people who are lining up for money.
Speaker 3: So the only way we can we can.
Speaker 5: Effectively do it is to again of the fee or tax or whatever you want to call it, of these gaming companies that are making such a huge.
Speaker 3: Amount of money. We can do that.
Speaker 5: We can we can levy that tax or leave that fee and and create the money. Frankly, that's necessary to meet some of these needs. There are all of these needs as you see around the state. Now, what percentage the state ends up putting in it, I don't know. That would have to be determined in the future. The state is put in to my recollection bill, and most of the state has ever put in I think was fifty million dollars.
Speaker 3: Now I may be wrong.
Speaker 5: I have to check, but it's it's so when we're talking about you know, six hundred million from the from for the Browns and three and fifty uh you know for the Bengals, I'm not saying that's impossible. If possible, you can monetize this money. Know you're having a flow of that money coming out. But this money would also be available frankly from the minor league baseball teams Dayton Dragons for example. You know this this would be available for soccer, you know what, every other major league sport that we have uh in in the.
Speaker 3: State of Ohio.
Speaker 5: So you know, I can't guarantee what would be available. But again, at one hundred and fifty to one hundred and eighty a million a year, that's going to flow out month after month. After month. People are not going to stop gaming as much as you know, we might want them to, but they're not going to do that, and so the money is going to be their bill to I think, you know, make a major contribution to all of these stadiums when it comes time, you know, for them to be rehabbed or if there's a building of a new one.
Speaker 1: I got to talk to about the coroner's office being eliminated, but we'll get to that in a moment. So, uh, if you get in an additional one hundred and fifty to say, two hundred million a year and chop it up among seven or eight sports teams, that doesn't leave a large piece.
Speaker 2: And the bangs was eight three hundred million dollars like.
Speaker 5: Now, well, Billy, you know every everything you know and and by the way, you know when you talk about Bengals, I mean that request is coming from the county. Uh. You know the county has been the ones who have made that request request to us. But you know it is something that you know, Look, the Bengals stadium, uh has has to be brought up to speed. We understand that, you know, the other stadiums do as well. But you talked about cutting it up among seven ways.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: The truth is Bill that that these stadiums, you know, sort of come to over different periods of time. You could probably sit down, uh and with a chart, uh and figure out how much money would be needed you know, every single year.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 5: You know you've got some of the new ones won't be needed, that money will not be needed for a while, uh and again and again. Look, let me just kind of summarize, Uh. I don't think we should be taking taxpayers dollars in the state of Ohio, uh that are paid for buyer taxpayers that would normally go to education, that would normally go to other things, and take that away and put it in the stadiums when we have a great opportunity and a great alternative, and that alternative is to take it from the people who are making the money, and that is the sports gaming companies.
Speaker 1: Well, I had one punit say that the taxpayer who can't afford to go to the Bengal football games are going to fps to continue to pay a sales tax to a billionaires. Does the fact that Jimmy Haslam and the Brown family are worth multi billions of dollars there's a sense by some like Adam Bird that maybe they should contribute a lot more money. It looks like Jimmy HASLM he's contributing about sixteen percent of the deal, which is close to your fifteen percent. But looks like the Bengals would be contributing or the state would be contributing more like thirty three percent, which might be a non starter. But nonetheless, the governor is saying, let's go down this route to see what we can do.
Speaker 2: You're kind of saying, let's see what happens to next.
Speaker 5: Bill, Bill, I just have to correct you that those are numbers are not right. As far as the Browns, I mean their proposal, their proposal, uh, you know, they're asking for six hundred million, a lot of money. But their proposal I think is for them to put in one point three something like that, So you know, that's still a lot of money. I'm on both fronts now.
Speaker 1: Lastly, there's a provision in the legislature to eliminate all the county corners offices. My friend doctor asked me some Marco and Hamilton County corner elected is not happy about that. I would think the other corners are not happy. Of course, they think it's coming that the county auditor, treasure or clerk. Of course, maybe the sheriff. That'll drive Richard Richard K. Jones bananas. Uh do you support the idea of eliminating the right of the people to vote for corners and the Uh?
Speaker 4: No, I don't.
Speaker 5: I mean, look, thisis came out nowhere. I'm not sure why where it really came from. Uh, but look, we we elect corners. Now if you look at small counties, I don't want to get too far off the point, but I'll stay with corners.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: You know, probably what.
Speaker 5: Needs to be done in this state is we need to help particularly the small counties.
Speaker 3: Uh, you know, pay for the autopsies.
Speaker 5: You know, these autopsies as you know, if it's in Brown County or Adams County, you know, Claremont County. None of these are being done. I don't think in these local counties. They have to go to there's about five or six places in the state where these autopsies take place, and they have to charge. They of course charge these counties. So it is a real burden, particularly on the on the smaller on the smaller counties. You know, our our our our friend the doctor of the corner of of your friend of mine.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 5: You know she does a very very good job, I think in regard to Hamilton County.
Speaker 3: Uh, it's a big operation.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 5: Look, it's important as these autopsies be done timely, and they'll be done well. So quarters probably another discussion another day. But the idea that we take this away from the people's right to vote, I'm not in favor of.
Speaker 1: It's the beginning of getting rid of a share of vote, getting rid of the auditor treasure's clerk at courts, streamlining government, reforming government.
Speaker 2: All that's good.
Speaker 1: But when you tell to a Republican we're going to take away your right to vote, that's kind of a serious problem. You're against that. Well, we'll see what happens. But we got about ten weeks to go until June thirtieth. That's the deadline for the Bengals and a deadline for your capital budget. This will be your last one. By the time this thing is over with in the summer of twenty twenty seven, you'll be shall we say, it'll be history, you'll be done.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 5: We get we have this regular budget, as you say, but we also next year will have a capital budget. So really in the process of finishing the major budget, but we have a ways to go. The cent of course, Bill is not not really taking this up yet.
Speaker 3: They will do that when they come back in.
Speaker 5: Two weeks and we'll kind of see where we go.
Speaker 1: All right, Governor, thank you very much, but we'll see what happens with the Bengals. This is coming to a head soon, and stay safe. And Governor Mike DeWine, thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And the next time I have dinner with you in your home, I'm going to be looking over my shoulder.
Speaker 3: Ah, thank you, Bill, go talking with you.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Governor.
Speaker 5: I think I think you should probably always look over your shoulder. Bill, but we'll see.
Speaker 2: Maybe you're right. All right, Governor, thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Sake hi, budd, thank you.
Speaker 2: Ye bye bye.
Speaker 1: Let's continue with more and if line becomes available five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand. The governor has tepid support for the deal, but it must be structuring away. The money comes from the gaming tax and not from the general fund. Bill Cunningham News Radio seven hundred. Wow, I didn't want to do this job. I would never run for office, but I wanted to. I wanted to make sure I did everything I did to.
Speaker 6: Keep us safe while repairing some of the damaged reputation of this office. And I think we're on We're well on the way to doing that.
Speaker 7: And hello, quiet skos, I'm broadcasting.
Speaker 1: Those are the comments of our new County Prosecutor, Connie Pillage about Melissa Powers and Joe Dieters. Quote, restore the damage reputation to this office? What do you think the damage is? Segment? Where do you st to have with my good friend Joe Deaterers and Melissa Powers.
Speaker 8: I don't think there's any damage to I mean those who did a wonderful job, didn't he I mean I wonder what damage needs to be repaired in the Prosecutor's office. Joe put the killers away, showed he or Zo di Chi?
Speaker 2: You have some sports there? Segment?
Speaker 8: Have you got any comments from Justice Joe yet?
Speaker 2: Just off the air?
Speaker 1: Can't say, can't say, Willie.
Speaker 8: The Stout Report is the proud service every local Thamestar heating and air conditioning dealers Tamestar quality. You could feel in Cincinnati Hallway Homing Air had won eight eight eight nine nine six h v A c spots. Maybe we could put justice Joe pill on a pillage and in a room with air conditioning and kind of cool them off or they need heat.
Speaker 1: I think the voters have spoken, but no one has been a better prosecutor than Joe Deaters, Melissa Powers, et cetera, and I love those two individuals. They did a great job.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 8: You also want to thank Lear's Prime Martin Market during this Letton season. They're located in beautiful downtown Milford, Learsprime dot com.
Speaker 2: Lears Prime always a cat above.
Speaker 8: And this Friday, of course is a good Friday, the last days of Lent. And they got that hot and crispy fish sandwiches with a homemade tartar sauce and fries coming up this Friday. I love Red's update tonight. Red's up against the Seattle Mariners.
Speaker 2: But segment, here are some facts for you if you're interested. Uh huh.
Speaker 1: The first eight games the Reds are two and six right. The last eight games the Reds are six and two, correct, And between now and May twentieth, they don't play a team as of today that has a winning record. So the next five weeks got to make some hay. But with Ted McKay, Louis Louis is pitching the.
Speaker 8: Former Red Louis Castillo Willie at one and one with a two to twelve. Vra goes with the Mariners tonight while the Reds counter with Nicolodolo two and one, zero point nine six. Randy Johnson like five point forty Sports Doc Rnell carriers in, I'd pitch and then Kelsey Chevrolet Extra Inning show after the game. Now, Seattle is nineteen and five all time against Cincinnati. That's a seven ninety two where that's the best winning percentage against any single opponent in franchise history.
Speaker 2: Really, right, how about that?
Speaker 8: Seattle nineteen and five all time against Cincinnati. I wonder why I can't remember them playing twenty four games over the years.
Speaker 2: Have they?
Speaker 1: I guess they did go back to the Randy Johnson era. Guess so A Rod and Ken Griffy Junior. I'm not sure.
Speaker 8: Let's see Matt McClaine, Austin Hayes, and Alexis Diaz who do to be reactivated today. So there should be a slew of roster moves coming up here. Let's see another pr nightmare for the Pirates.
Speaker 1: By the way, I have a text here from a Joe Dieter supporter besides the following, maybe Connie Pillage shouldn't give cupcake plea deals to murderers that kill kids on their front line of us see from a supporter of Joe Deaters. Once again, maybe Connie Pillage should not give cupcake deal plea deals to murderers that killed kids on the front line at U. See which you carried to comment on those comments. I'm a Joe Dieters supporter. I'm leaving that one alone.
Speaker 8: Uh, let's see the pirates saying they saying the Pirates right before the opener, Uh, for some reason covered over over a tribute and right field to Roberto Clemente for an advertisement mistake there that sent the Steel City into a frenzy. Now now families who bought Bucco bricks to be placed in front of the ballpark to support the Clemente Foundation have dis have discovered them tossed at a recycling center without notice, and some have been crushed.
Speaker 2: So what does that mean?
Speaker 8: The Pirates are a mess on the field and the only the only guy they got is worth anything is Paul Skeins. The rest of them, did you get a comment on that Bengals update. Brought to you by Good Spirits at Party Town thirteen convenient northern Kentucky locations. The Bengals held their annual local pro day today inside the inside the bubble not flooded. Fourteen players from UC were taking part, thirteen from Miami and a bunch others from other schools. So good luck to those gentlemen. Let's see oh sad news Willie Cincinnati native Don Hasselback, who started football and basketball at LaSalle before playing tight end and for nine NFL seasons. As I passed away he was seventy. Hasselbacker helped the Raiders to a Super Bowl title in his day. He was the father of two former NFL quarterbacks, Matt and Tim Hasselback. How about that basketball? Steve Gentry is returning to Withrow, the home of the Tigers, as a head basketball coach, who moves there after two seasons at Percell.
Speaker 2: But what does he noted four segment.
Speaker 8: Previously a head coach at Withrow two thousand of two thousand and five with more than two hundred and fifty wins. But of course he is known for the state championship at Deer Park.
Speaker 1: Undefeated untied, unscored on. It was twenty eighteen and a note in alumnus had the privilege of cutting down the neck at the Ohio State Arena.
Speaker 2: Who's that guy?
Speaker 8: Who's that old man in that that Deer Park uniform out there? The TV guys, I'm just laughing, but you find you because they didn't know who you were?
Speaker 2: And I was upset at spectrum. What that's right?
Speaker 1: It wasn't about me running around like a nut on my old deer Park jersey cutting down the nets had value city arena. It sounds like a wrestling venture. But nonetheless, when Steve Gentry with his son Steve Gentry Junior, i'velong with Joe Hawker, Jalen Rose, Domightdy MacIntyre had all kicked ass like mister ass and we went undefeated, untied, unscored on in twenty eighteen and one to state title under the leadership of Steve Gentry and Mark Wise. Would you got to comment on that? That says it all right there?
Speaker 8: Let's see Willia, it's a Crosstown shootout tonight in baseball? What Xavier and U se at uc at six? Oh Bearcats safety Ken Willis football has entered the transfer portal during the final week of spring practice.
Speaker 2: He's out. He's out. Second you see defensive player now in the portal. In a week he's out. So who's playing with else?
Speaker 1: By the way, ken Brew, who was prowling the hallways about an hour ago, yeah, said that it had some ranking in the three hundred teams that played Division one college basketball.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: Number ten on the list for available nil money is Xavier.
Speaker 8: Xavier picked. Xavier picked up like what four guys over the weekend. All it takes is money. Somebody's got a lot of money at Xavier. That's all I can say. I can't so might that be? Can't say. CBS as the final round of the Masters through twelve point seven million viewers, up thirty three percent from last year and the most watched since twenty eighteen. That number Pete do over nineteen and a half million.
Speaker 1: After seven o'clock, I couldn't get my eyes off the screen. I was watching Shakespeare in drama. Rory McElroy couldn't win, then he couldn't lose, Then he couldn't win, then he couldn't lose.
Speaker 8: An emotional mental roller coaster. Sunday, Yes for him, justin Rose, Jim Nance.
Speaker 1: Everyone in America, and now he's one of the masters of the universe. Gene Saracen, Ben Hogan, Gary Player, Jolden Bear, Tiger Woods, Rory McElroy a master of the universe. I'd get a betternette once again. My friend defending Joe Dieters says the following seg men, Oh boy, maybe she maybe Pillage should not give cupcake plea deals to murderers that killed kids on the front line at You see, that's.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you said. That was from a supporter of Joe Dieters. That is a supporter. She's talking.
Speaker 1: They're talking about Countie Pillage giving cupcake deals to murderers.
Speaker 2: Okay, and what now who sent that? I don't know. You tell me?
Speaker 1: Ins are t oh Terrell Owens bingo right now, it's not time your roar. It's Terrell Owens. Oh okay, Wow, I didn't know that. Wow, I didn't know that.
Speaker 8: I didn't know that that was you know, how about this guy breaking into the governor's mansion.
Speaker 2: What's up with that? Mentally ill homicidal? How'd you get in? How did you get in? Yeah? I'm thinking, uh, whoever's the head of security?
Speaker 9: There.
Speaker 2: Not good, he's now unemployed. Not good? Thank you? Segment? Is that it in sports? Yeah?
Speaker 1: We continue, We never stop. We simply computers offices in a got a vote, restore the damaged reputation. Oh ouch, I'm not sure. Some have taken ouch, many have taken Umbridge at that. I'd say, no, that may not be exactly accurate, correct, especially someone named t o.
Speaker 8: Television news Terrell Owens, that's it right there. You mean he's on that show with Steven A. Smith, Right, he's going to be president of the United States, they say, Terrell Owens.
Speaker 2: No Steven A. Smith segment. Get me out of the Stew's report.
Speaker 8: Willie, and out of a beautiful day here at the tri State. We leave you with the immortal words of the stud.
Speaker 3: Report objected to is argumentative, assuming in fact, not an evidence, leading and suggestive and utterly incompetent, irrelevant in the material.
Speaker 2: That's all right there sounds to me like it's a bad question.
Speaker 1: Wow, would you like to rephrase that counselor I made That happened a few times. That was completely revan, mister Cunningham. It makes no sense. It's a matter not in evidence, and it calls upon here's a testimony illegally presented. Mister Counahan. We'd like to rephrase your question.
Speaker 8: I said, yes, no, I will hold on with that car wise, gentlemen, I'll rephrase that question, your honor on seven hundred WLI.
Speaker 1: Of course, a very active Tuesday afternoon. Lot's going on. Fret's baseball kicks off tonight. We'll see what happens. Always good to hear from the governor. He holds great power along with Matta Huffman and many others in Columbus. Le's break down the Bengals deal and the Brown's deal. Where we are where we think we are? And also I want to talk about the murder of Benjamin Addison, twenty one year old kid that was murdered in cold blood by Justin Dugan who was forty one years old. You have to look at this thing and say, how in the hell can something I may I add a slight sentence, and you heard Jamie spoke in the Criminal Offense attorney talk about it, and we'll talk about that in a moment. I think you never build yourself up by tearing other people down. And there's been no prosecutor's office anywhere within the sound of my voice, that received more awards and more convictions of guilty individuals than the Hamil County Prosecutor's office. And I told Connie Pillage this privately that I wish you well in her ventures to continue what's happened in Hamilton County. But she may have a different viewpoint saying the prosecutor's office has a damaged reputation. That doesn't make who calls the damage and what is the reputation. So we'll deal with that a bit later on. But nonetheless, when this deal came out about a week ago, Scott Sloan's had on Alisia Reese. I've had her on quite often, also Denise Treehouse, and they fashioned a deal in their mind where the state would put in one third. Hamilton County through the sales tax that you passed doesn't have a sunset date, would put in one third, then the Bengals slash NFL would put in one third, each of putting in about three hundred million dollars. The numbers given us about eight hundred and fifty million, which is simply plucked out of the sky, but it's approximately nine hundred million, one third, one third, one third, so I'm thinking when Denise Treehouse came on, and she's very bright, she was in the in the legislature in Columbus for many years. She's from Green Township, the home of Tony Rosiello, and she said one third, one third, one third, and that she would be very disappointed if the Bengals in the next few weeks exercise their right to a two year extension keeping the present lease in place, which is a negative lease for the taxpayer. We put up about ninety five percent of the money. So yes, that's a negative lease. So in her mind makes sense. One third, one third, one third, and the county controls their one third, and the Bengals in the NFL can control it's one third, about three hundred million. But then you got this to Ohio for it's one third. Just heard Governor Mike Dwine talk about this idea of a of a fee tax increase on sports gaming from twenty percent to forty percent to be paid by these gaming companies and that would raise an additional one hundred and fifty to two hundred million dollars per year. And I said, okay, that's a pretty good start, but into that mix you have to put the Cleveland Browns have to put, the Cleveland Guardians have to put the Cincinnati Reds have to put the Cincinnati Bengals. That's four teams. Then he mentioned also Minor League Baseball. There's got to be three or four of those. We're up to about six or seven teams. Throw in some FCC information and there's at least one male soccer team here, there's one in Columbus, and all of a sudden, you got a female National Soccer League coming also. Throw put all that together, that's going to be about ten entities with their hat in their hands saying I'll take some of that money, So that one hundred and fifty to two hundred million might come down to fifty into twenty million each. At least in the governor's mind. The magical amount is about fifteen percent of the state's involvement, which is an all time high fifteen percent state putting in the money. And the rest has to be local, especially by the owners of the teams, both of whom have become wealthy by owning these teams. And so if Jimmy Haslam is putting in about I don't know. According to Adam Byrd, he's putting in about eighty five percent of the deal, and the state's putting in about fifteen percent of the deal. That sounds pretty good on paper for the Brownies, and I would anticipate the Guardians will be coming around at some point along with the Reds.
Speaker 2: That's a different issue.
Speaker 1: And so also Jimmy Haslam and the Browns ownership is going to put up fifty million dollars off to the side in cash off to the side. Getting five percent interest is more or less a security deposit. And there's going to be one point three to two billion dollars put in to the deal in farm field somewhere in southern Cayhogan County.
Speaker 2: And that means that right now.
Speaker 1: Those fields aren't producing too much of a sales tax. But you put a couple billion dollars into those fields with all kinds of events going on, including a Super Bowl and the NFL Draft and a lot of tractor pulls and other kinds of use of the facility, Suddenly you can say, okay, over a thirty year period, the bonds were going to let on this project payable over thirty years. So I have a revenue source where a revenue source from the activities that the deal creates. Compare that to the Bengal organization. It's already to established an entity that's not going to generate too much more in sales tax revenues. So in Cayhoga County it goes from zero to one hundreds of millions over thirty years. And Cincinnati is already a level established at the banks and Schmail Park doesn't generate any sales tax revl And the Bengals facility might be used what ten or twelve times a year if you take into account the the NFL games, maybe one or two preseason games, and also some concerts. It is completely underutilized, and therefore it doesn't have the availability of generating brand new unknown revenue which is happening in Kuyhoga County. And the other entity is this you're a good friend of mine, Carl Linder the third and this family have donated millions and millions of dollars to Republican causes and some Democratic causes over the years, millions and millions of dollars. And so you know, when you pay for the ban, you call the tune. So when Carl Linder shows up and says we need some state money in addition to what we've received already for TQL next toward right now, there's spades turned and it's going up in the air, a brand new project that didn't exist before, which is hotels at different size, arena, et cetera. You can say, okay, that' you're going to generate some new new money. The Bengals organization itself will not generate new money, and that's a problem. And so you read between the lines. You have all these conservative Republican lawmakers like Matt Huffman, the Speaker, and Senator Blessing of Coraane Township and Adam Bird of Claremont County, all of whom have taken a pledge on a bible not to increase taxes or fees or whatever it might be. We're going to run the state the way it ought to be run, without additional sources or revenue. That runs contrary to the proposal of the governor to double the tax the fee on sports gaming, and also to double the tax on marijuana, the so called syn taxes, and also cigarette taxes, which you can call it a fee increase, but it's a tax on those who use use the system. Except possibly the tax on sports gaming, which the companies will pay us on to the to the customers in the form of of additional expenses to handle the gaming. And so you have ten pounds of crap going into a five pound bag, and some's going to get in, some's going to get out. But lastly, on that front, Adam Bird told me that in the House the Haslam deal in Cleveland passed by a total of one vote.
Speaker 2: That was iffy.
Speaker 1: And the Senate, I'm told, and I think Senator Blessing was all with Scott Sloane a couple of days ago. He said that what passed in the House is a non starter that would never pass in the Senate. In fact, men, men not even come up in the Senate. And the governor saying he doesn't want any general fund moneies to be used for any of these projects. And these each must be standalone, and they must be able to operate within the parameters of the doubling of the fees and costs for the syntaxes, none of which the Republican Party in favor of doing anyway. And so if you have time to put this project together, you know you have two years, okay, but there's one date with two entities coming up that must be met. The state must completely sign and have in law by June thirtieth. The two year by annual budget, which goes from June June thirtieth of twenty twenty five to June thirtieth of twenty twenty seven, must be done by law in the next ten weeks. On top of that, the Bengals lease is up in June thirtieth of twenty twenty six. However, if the Bengals want to move and disregard the lease, they have the power to do one of two things. One is to say we're going to we're going to extinguish the lease and we're gone as of June thirtieth of twenty twenty six, which is very unlikely. The other thing is to extend the lease for two years. The lease provides a of five two year extensions, and that must be given by June thirtieth of this year. For a two year extension, which you get us up to June thirtieth of twenty twenty seven, my eyes are glazed over at this point, which means, according to Dreehouse, the Commissioner, that if that happens, that's a negative thing, because the county continues to pay disproportion and expenses.
Speaker 2: It doesn't want to do.
Speaker 1: Put all that together, and damn it winnied leadership somewhere, and I predict at some point there will be a deal, but it's got to be a deal largely involved with little or no state money. Because the standalone deal like this in Cleveland, it works because you have bonding that can be paid out over thirty years and a brand new source of sales tax revenue's going to be created out of southern Caullahoga County, and you could show that the jobs are going to be there, the money's going to be spent, the additional income coming from the state that doesn't currently exist. Angles can't show that they want to remodel a house, not build a brand new one. They want to remodel their stadium and they need the three hundred million from the state up front. And the governor just told you that dog won't hunt. The money's not coming from the state. That means the county's got to put in more money, or the NFL and the Bengals have got to put in more money, a lot more money. And you would think if you're worth about four or five billion, dollars, which is four to five thousand million. You'd have a paltry three hundred million of that in order to put into your own stadium for the next thirty years. But it doesn't look as if the Bengals want to do that either. So here we are you and I started this idea back in nineteen ninety five when the sales tax passed without a sunset whatsoever. So what happens stay tuned for more in the next several weeks now. Secondly, head on James Bogan, criminal defense attorney, about two hours ago, and I wanted to know I do not actively practice law anymore, criminally or otherwise. And I wanted to know what happens in the courthouse, whether it was showed Eater's, Melissa Powers or Connie Pillage, if you had this kind of a case with a seventeen year old and an attempted armed robbery kills in cold blood an innocent person, twenty one year old Benjamin Addison did everything right in his life, and I think his father's comments Joseph Addison in front of the sentencing judge yesterday, Judge Alison Hathaway, who spent many years here in the newsroom before she went to law school was a just outcome, and Bogan related to me it was a just outcome in a sense because of a case in the US Supreme Court Miller versus Alabama. A juvenile cannot be executed and a juvenile cannot be given life without possibility of parole. So if the guilty party in this case, Justin Dugan, who should spend the rest of his life in prison, had pled guilty to murder fifteen to life, he'd be eligible for parole and plus the three year TECH because of the goes to the gun being used, he'd be eligible for parole in eighteen years and maybe serve life, which to me would have been justice because I don't know when this young man, this kid, this punk, Justin Dugan is now eighteen, goes up to the big house. I never want to see him get out of jail at all. But the law says he can't be sentenced to life without possibility, and secondly, he can't get the death penalty for what he did. This is a fellow new murder. And so according to James Bogan, there was a deal deal or in exchange for all the work that would have to be done the next several years to keep him locked up, that it would be a guilty plea. Instead of getting twenty six and a half years, which was the sentence for the Offensi's charge, he would have got twenty He agreed to a plea in which negotiated a sentence was twenty one years, in which you must do at least eighteen and a half of the twenty one years. Is that enough for the life of Madison? Of Benjamin Addison, absolutely not. Should he be locked up for the rest of his life? Absolutely Nonetheless, According to James Bogan, justice was done in the matter of State versus Justin Dugan, the seventeen now eighteen year old. One cannot imagine the horror of having a proud young man about to graduate from UC to be gunned down in the streets in exchange for the theft of a Hyundai.
Speaker 2: Disgusting.
Speaker 1: Same thing happened on Short Vine a couple of nights ago, when a fifteen year old strong arm robbery try to hold someone up and on the process murders the victim. Oh, let's continue with more. I think you never build yourself up by tearing other people down. There was nothing wrong with Amony County Prosecutor's Office. It had a great reputation because of Joe Eaters, Ard Nay, Melissa Powers, and so many others. Let's continue with more if the line becomes available. Five one, three, seven, four, nine, seven thousand, Bill Cunning and the Great American with you every day. You're Home of the Reds playing tonight about five forty, first pitch about six forty. Weather a bit cold, but it's going to be great. And the Reds right now are about a game and a half out of first place at your Home of the Reds. News Radio seven hundred WLW.
Speaker 6: Look, if I didn't want to do this job properly, I would never run for office. But I wanted to. I wanted to make sure I did everything I could to keep us safe while repairing some of the damaged reputation of this office. And I think we're on We're well on the way to doing that.
Speaker 7: And oh, hello, Bietm Skulls, I'm broadcastings Ron.
Speaker 2: I want to get your reaction.
Speaker 1: Shots fire, Pilla, shots fire, restore the reputation of this office.
Speaker 2: What was the reputation?
Speaker 1: And under Melissa Piers, Joe Eaters, sy Lee's Ard Nay, pretty bad.
Speaker 2: I guess huh.
Speaker 9: I thought the opposite. I thought we were looked upon here in Cincinnati. Is maybe the last hope the gold stand any sort of you know, punishment for crimes and upholding of the laws.
Speaker 2: Sag. Didn't you just say off the air? You you? You backed up her comments?
Speaker 1: Not exactly, not exactly a little bit off.
Speaker 2: What did the let's say, former prosecutors say about justice Joe.
Speaker 1: I can't say why.
Speaker 2: I can't say who sent this to me? Here we go.
Speaker 1: Let me share with you the comments of a person. Maybe Connie Pillage shouldn't give cupcake plea deals to murderers that killed kids on their front line of UC.
Speaker 2: Now that's putting the.
Speaker 1: Cheese put the cheese cracker right, Yes, just a little bit of I can't say who sent that to me?
Speaker 9: The integrity according to whom, according to the criminals, because I'm sure that they're all for it, But.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: The person's initials are t o terrell Owens terrell.
Speaker 2: Owens not exactly. No, he's dead.
Speaker 1: Can't say the former twins great, can't say can you build yourself up without tearing someone else down?
Speaker 2: It's hard to do anymore. You don't see it much. Put it that way.
Speaker 1: Secondly, Caitlin Clark has now given more interviews, and what she's saying, she's doubling down on her white privilege.
Speaker 2: God in order to explain.
Speaker 1: Her success she has. She's been a beneficiary of white privilege.
Speaker 2: Would you go to comment very disappointed?
Speaker 9: She thinks by cow telling to these types that they're going to accept her, well, she does not know they will never accept her. Take a page out of Donald Trump's book, and that is fire away. Don't ever bend the need to any of your enemies. Don't do it because they will never love you back. Wasn't she victimized by racism more than the opposite?
Speaker 2: You could make that case.
Speaker 1: When't she hurt by any vigils that wanted her to be hurt. She's the face of the league, making them millions of dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they.
Speaker 9: I mean, if any sort of conversations should be coming out, it should be about how she has saved this league that just loses money year after over two decades.
Speaker 1: They grossly increased their expenses by having private flights. That was like a twelve million, fifty million dollar item. And she came into the league and she raised enough money to give all her teammates private flights.
Speaker 9: And they hate her for it. You think they accept your apology. I think they just say, you know what, we we now that you came out and you said that about you. Yeah, we're you're now one of us. No, never gonna happen, So don't do it. Fire back at him, pung them right back in the mouth.
Speaker 2: We'll see what happens now.
Speaker 1: Also segmented, today is a big game because Louis Luis Castillo is on the mound for the Mariners. Listen to the record they have against the Reds. Rock hasn't even aware of this, Will Eve.
Speaker 8: They stood reporters approach service of your local teme Star heating in air condition dealers tame star quality you can feel in Cincinnati, called the experts at Preferred Home Comfort five, one, three, eight, nine to two h V A C.
Speaker 2: Spot on the way.
Speaker 1: I got a text here from Bobby Cash Trucy that says, ask Rocky this question, when is the last time sant Axe and basketball went undefeated, untied, unscored on.
Speaker 2: It's been a few years.
Speaker 1: Steve Gentry is now going to coach at winthrow but he took Deer Park to the Promised Land twenty nine and oh you might recall that.
Speaker 2: Have you heard about that?
Speaker 9: I've heard you mentioned it once or twice. Yeah, I haven't heard too much about it.
Speaker 1: Graduated about the park twenty eighteen, twenty eight, were still talking about this.
Speaker 8: It was happening yesterday. I still have the that's the last time we had a career Grand Slam with Tiger.
Speaker 9: About that one Tiger was was still golfing the last time Deer Park.
Speaker 2: Don't you ever wear your ring around?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna bring my Deer Park ring. Would you like to see it?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Go ahead, Willy Way.
Speaker 8: A slew of roster moves by the Red legs were were in.
Speaker 2: Closer. Alexis ds in. What's hamstringer like? Left ham string strain? Matt McClean is back.
Speaker 9: It is inexcusable to have a soft tissue injury at this point of the season.
Speaker 2: Slight left ham string strain is excusable. Austin Hayes is back. What was all with him? Left calf strain? Got calf strings? What else?
Speaker 8: Sent down to Derby City aka Lowell? Right there on seventy one, Jacob Hurdibes and Noel V. Marte.
Speaker 2: Didn't show a lot here, but he looks like a baseball player. Lineup for tonight.
Speaker 1: Oh, give me the lineup. Give it freed one, McLean Well, he get hurt.
Speaker 8: D L C LUs Hayes, the D H Candelario third c e s at first, the snake in right, Travine catching.
Speaker 1: So McLean is playing tonight correct? How's his hamstring? How's his knuckles activated to be okay? How's his gonads?
Speaker 8: Luis Luis Castillo goes for the Mariners to ninety's one and one with a two to twelve VR Nicolodolo two and one with a zero point nine to six. But but Seattle nineteen to five all time against the Reds best winning percentage of seventy nine seven ninety two. That is the best percentage win against any single opponent in Red's franchise history, might.
Speaker 1: Be in all of baseball history. You lose eighty percent of your games. That's not good, Rock, No, that's not good. Let's see Bengals update brought to you by Good Spirits. At Party Town thirteen convenient northern Kentucky locations, the Bengals held their local pro day inside the Bubble this morning. Fourteen players from UC, including guard Luke Candra, but running back Corey Kiner was there but did not work out.
Speaker 2: Why not? Why not?
Speaker 8: I don't know Roger Bacon's finest. Thirteen players from Miami were there, among other schools.
Speaker 1: What about that rock? He didn't go to Combine, right? I think he did. I think him and Candra did. Yes, I think so.
Speaker 2: Check it out. He went to LSU, then somewhere else went.
Speaker 8: To see Let's see what else? Final round of the Masters. How about that rock? Threw twelve point seven million viewers thirty three percent from a year ago in the most watchtons twenty eighteen when deer Park won the title.
Speaker 2: Corey Kinner did go. That's right, he did go the Combine.
Speaker 9: He ran four or five seven, So if he turned in good numbers, you don't need to turn any more numbers.
Speaker 1: So you have Corey Kiner. Possibly? Is he related to Ralph Connor used to it for the I don't believe pirates.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. Not related. Let's see tonight, Willie.
Speaker 8: It's his seventy eighth anniversary of Hall of Famer Jackie Robinson's Major League baseball debut and every player tonight will wear forty two. You knew who's arded that tradition, Ken Griffy Junior.
Speaker 1: He has permission. When he was in Seattle, correct the commissioner, Bud Seedlings said go.
Speaker 8: Ahead, and missus Jackie Robinson said right photos, he's taking it.
Speaker 1: The master spectacular, unbelievable, great spectacular.
Speaker 8: That one of course of uh Roy McElroy bent over on the ground. He had to get that win an award. How do you get that shot? He's got a camera that could probably do an X ray of you. He's right there, I mean, boom and the arrest of the photo, your.
Speaker 2: Butt from the front.
Speaker 1: A lot of women would love that.
Speaker 2: Women love that. Just think about it. Yeah, I'll think about it. He's weird, weird, not me, He's the one that brought it up. Well, both of you are we Here's some more sports, Give me some more. Let's see. Oh.
Speaker 8: Bearcats safety Ken Willis has entered the transfer portal in the final week of spring practice.
Speaker 2: Spring opens up by tomorrow. I'm leaving tomorrow. Second U SE defensive player to leave the portal in a week.
Speaker 1: According to one expert, I E. Ken Brew Xavier is number ten and available at nil money.
Speaker 2: In college basketball?
Speaker 1: College basketball, and they're signing players left and right.
Speaker 2: Who's given the dough the ray and to me to Victory Parkway.
Speaker 1: Can't say, I can't say BK. Can't say how about how about t Orell Owens again? Let me go text Terrell Owens, w.
Speaker 2: Is w C put any dough.
Speaker 1: Can't say into the coffer, can't say, can't say your school, can't.
Speaker 2: Say many schools.
Speaker 1: I have Deer Park, many schools, law schools.
Speaker 2: I got many schools. What's all?
Speaker 1: What's on the big show today? They've always changed the subject. When we tried to nail you in.
Speaker 9: The corner, nail me, yes, hurt me, No, got a dan monk right out of gate talking about the stadium. Now you talk to the governor, what's he say? I know you had Adam bird on and he doesn't seem like to be too keen on.
Speaker 1: The governor says, we need to increase the tax or fee paid by sports gaming companies from twenty to forty percent. That would raise about one hundred and fifty million divided among guess what, the Cleveland Browns, the Cleveland Indians, the Cincinnati Guardians, Guardians the Cincinnati Bengals. Throw on top of that a couple of minor league teams FC Cincinnati at all, I'm thinking, let slice and dice that one fifty.
Speaker 2: Don't recognize it to me. The crux of the whole issue is this, the.
Speaker 9: Bengals don't own the stadium, but they're allowed to determine who plays in it and when they play there. That doesn't make any sense if a county, if a county owns the stadium, they can't use the stadium.
Speaker 2: When they want to. How does that work?
Speaker 1: And the other thing just another scenario in life, and that another scenario segment. That's how they that's how they that's how they roll rock. I mean, if you own you own your house. I don't own your house.
Speaker 9: But if you owned your house, but I determined somebody could, I could rent your house out for you, how.
Speaker 2: Would you feel about that segment? The wait a minute, now, I own the house. Angles are smart, very smart they are. So I don't know.
Speaker 1: None of this is going to fly with the Republicans and the and the other thing is he wants to double the marijuana take from the state, which will drive already super high millions of dollars to the dark market. You know, drug dealers have lost a billion dollars in Ohio.
Speaker 2: They don't have Imagine if.
Speaker 1: You're in the drug dealing business and someone takes away a billion dollars, don't you want to say, we want that money back. So the governor wants to double the sin taxes, and the lawmakers were saying that we're not going to do that, but.
Speaker 9: It reaches a certain point where people turn to the the darkest street market given money. Yeah, and right now there's no you're not de incentivized because it's it's illegal, and no one cares anymore.
Speaker 2: No, they don't care. Cops aren't going to wrest, No, no one's gonna ast you for having any pot or something.
Speaker 1: What all this mean, Rock, Well, where else are you going to get the money? Well, he says he's got a plan. The House has a plan, the Senate's got a plan. We need a plan. Not many plans right now.
Speaker 9: Same thing for gambling, right if you raise that tax up, then people go to the black market for that.
Speaker 1: I don't know, down to a vote, do you Well, if it votes, then that the whole thing's going down. Every schleips and Monfoot Heights aren't going to vote to tax themselves more that they can't afford.
Speaker 2: To go to the games.
Speaker 9: Already done that once the Kansas City Chiefs, off of two Super Bowls, couldn't get a stadium deal. Pat now were the Chiefs in Kansas City. They're like the most popular teams worldwide got crushed. So what do you do?
Speaker 2: Don't know, can't say, can't say.
Speaker 1: I know one thing. The Bengals are going to stay for two years. That's going to yarinate off the East Treehouse who said that's a negative because we're bleeding money. We got to we need a new deal, a deal deal.
Speaker 2: Maybe the guys are Republican.
Speaker 1: He's a republic and this republic is everywhere. But they don't want to increase taxes. They've all problems on a Bible. We're not going to increase taxes. Isn't doubling the take out of the sin in that calling the feed that's a fee, not a tax.
Speaker 2: It's a fee. It's a fee, and it's a sin tax. It's a little bit better. That's good. You're raising taxes, but in a more wholesome way. I don't know. You're keeping the degenerates from gambling.
Speaker 1: T O sends me a carved job on Connie pillage. Can't say who it was. I can't say God, restore integrity rock, okaypecially.
Speaker 2: Especially on this show. You saw they weren't talking about this show.
Speaker 9: And we don't get a statement from let's say, the former prosecutor.
Speaker 1: Who's now a Supreme Court justice. Do you want to piss off the.
Speaker 2: Fort here for though? Let's go so, I.
Speaker 1: Haven't spoken to Joe directly at length, spoken to Joe directly at length?
Speaker 2: Is that to say? Not happy?
Speaker 6: But I wanted to I wanted to make sure I did everything I could to keep us safe while repairing some of the damaged reputation.
Speaker 2: Of this office. And where did you make that comment? Here?
Speaker 4: Was?
Speaker 2: Okay? You want to rock your reaction? Did Scott Sloan clop back at all? Don't know?
Speaker 1: I can't say it's interesting wow and gets jammed up in something bad. It does happen, but by and large, almost always it's the officers correct and how they handle the situation. Unfortunately, Uh, it makes more news when it's fatal.
Speaker 2: What that mean?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 6: Sure, and thank you so much for for the feedback. Look, if I didn't want to do this job properly. I would never run for office.
Speaker 2: Your reaction rock.
Speaker 9: You know, I'm not a much you like, you know, like mixing everything up and then standing back in a very safe place.
Speaker 8: So at twelve oh five, I guess tomorrow, at twelve oh five, you'll have a very special guests straw On from Columbus.
Speaker 1: Say she's a Democrat, she's gonna let the feral kids run the street and ruin your life. But so far, I think you know, as someone who leans to the right, I'm impressed with the integrity there, especially when it came to the cop shootings and you stood behind police officers as warranted, not saying in the future we won't catch a case where a cop does something they shouldn't be doing and gets jammed up in something bad. It does happen, but by and large, almost always it's the officers correct and how they handle the situation. Unfortunately, Uh, it makes more news when it's fatal. About three oh five, I'll be holding the phone about two feet from my ear. Joe, how you doing? That'll be the last thing for twenty minutes, Joe, hold on, Joe, then Melissa Power. Maybe so if he wants to come on the Eddy and Rocky show. Statement, it's all yours. Go get him. I say, go get Melissa, Joe that dump but work normally, it doesn't as you.
Speaker 2: Know, Yeah, say don't bring that up.
Speaker 1: Sorry, don't bring that up. But I'm just saying. I mean, you're just saying, put Joe on, put Melissa on.
Speaker 2: It's up to you.
Speaker 1: Rock you get him, We'll see what I can do. All right, Rock anything that's on the big show today.
Speaker 2: I so got Dan monkraight at the gate.
Speaker 9: We have a financial guy come up at four o'clock talk about the markets and tariffs in the economy.
Speaker 2: And more and more and more.
Speaker 1: Seg, thank you give me out of the stuge report, restoring integrity to our stooge report.
Speaker 8: Will he get out of the red legs up against the Mariners tonight and looking for another sweep, get out the broom.
Speaker 2: And finally a prosecutor's office that has integrity. We leave you with the imbortal words of the Stood report. I'm tired of hearing this. I would expect prosecutors to act like prosecutors.
Speaker 1: That's not a bad comment from Justice Joe. Right there, a man who shot harambe in the head. We gotta go, Thank you, gotta go. Seven hundred w ls ringing already,