Speaker 1: Always look forward to talking to our friend Steven at thunder Pop TV, on Instagram and on YouTube. He's back back home in Austin. After how long are we in Colorado for?
Speaker 2: Not long enough? Right it's August. Yeah, four days.
Speaker 3: That's a nice trip there. You're not like a normal text and that goes for three months?
Speaker 2: Right, No, we don't have that kind of Texas money.
Speaker 3: I wonder where how these people all have that kind of money?
Speaker 4: Right, I'm like, is there some secret that we didn't find out about? Like, how come everybody we know they're like, yeah, see in three months. But then we're like, okay, we'll be here, miek.
Speaker 3: And then they always say come see us my house here out.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 3: The whole thing is we never know. We can't afford the air fair to get there.
Speaker 4: I want to be the one inviting people to come see us somewhere.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, we're glad you're back with a lot going on, and Altricia's super excited to talk to you about Robert Downey Junior doctor Doom.
Speaker 3: It's a big deal, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is a big deal.
Speaker 5: And this is I mean, last weekend was already a big enough weekend for Marvel because of the Deadpool Wolverine movie, the much anticipated release of that last weekend, breaking all these records all over the world. But the same weekend, Marvel at Comic Con drops this big nugget on us, the return of our DJ to the MCU, but this time as a super villain.
Speaker 2: As a villain, yes, our hero.
Speaker 4: Is it weird that they did it in the same weekend as the Deadpool opening seems I think it was read that out a little bit.
Speaker 5: I thought it was, you know, it's because they're competing against themselves for the you know, the attention with you know, it took kind of took the thunder away on Saturday from Deadpool because Deadpool owned the the screens and the social media. And then this drops and completely took it away. And you know, something's a big deal. When Sports Center covers it a non sports story on Sports Center, you know it's a big deal.
Speaker 3: And the way the way that they did it was pretty awesome too. Well.
Speaker 1: They they did it all. What's the the show where they wear masks and stuff? Uh, they sing the mask singer. It was very masked, okay, because there was they all came out and then he took the mask off and it was Robert Downey Junior, or as Stephen calls him.
Speaker 2: Our dj ardy J. That's what his friends called Sandy.
Speaker 3: Ar DJ and the MCU. That's what I've learned to that.
Speaker 2: Here's what I think I heard.
Speaker 4: What Rdj's paycheck was to do the Doctor Doing movie, even if he didn't want to. I don't think he had a choice. How much, Stephen, how much was it?
Speaker 5: It's reported to be one hundred million dollars step here in the two Avenger movies.
Speaker 2: Wow, one hundred million dollars just goes to shay you.
Speaker 3: How much are they making? You know what I mean? If they're paying him a hundred million, how much are they making?
Speaker 4: I heard anywhere from eighty two one hundred. But I'm I mean, like even if he's like, no, God, I hate the character, absolutely not, I'm iron man, And then they're like what about this? And push the paper across the table. What I wouldn't give to be in a situation where somebody had to write a number on a piece of paper and push it across the table.
Speaker 2: He couldn't say no to that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'd be nice, that'd be nice.
Speaker 2: He's like that, where's that mask? At give it to.
Speaker 1: H We've also got you know, a Deadpool Wolverine. Not done yet. They're still out promoting the movie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was a lot of you know, circulating on social media this past week because the movie is still out there. It's gonna be number one again clearly for this week. In fact, it's uh by Sunday. It's it's estimated that it will hit three hundred and eighty million mark by this weekend, which will make it the highest grossing R rated film of all time. And what movie do you think it's surpassing? Take a guess, you mean another R rated movie? Yeah, for all time R rated movie.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, I don't know. I don't even have a guess. My mind's blink.
Speaker 2: I would have never got it. Passion of the Christ.
Speaker 3: Jim could that James could be good? Easel played Jesus in that.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, huh, Wow's to.
Speaker 1: Make a sequel for that one?
Speaker 3: Success?
Speaker 1: Well, not really, because he does come back, you know, three days later.
Speaker 3: The very first part of the movie says, three.
Speaker 2: Days stop Sandy.
Speaker 5: They have a big comic con appearance where he shows up and reveals himself like our DJ did in the crowd supon.
Speaker 1: I mean that that kind I love. I think Comic Con is so cool. It's not my thing, but I love that it was cool. It was not cool when it started, and now it's become super cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's awesome. That's out in San Diego every year. It's funny. For those of you that don't know this, we do this, uh little chat with Stephen every week. You can find him on Instagram at thunder Pop TV. You can also find him on YouTube at thunder Pop TV. And we do it virtually so it's like a zoom calls basically on steroids. And I love looking into Stephen's studio and in the background.
Speaker 3: And I've mentioned this before.
Speaker 1: It's got the greatest ghetto blaster yea.
Speaker 3: And I saw it a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now I've been rooting around on the on the internet, Yeah, looking for a jam box.
Speaker 2: You're gonna try and get one like Stevens.
Speaker 1: I think I want one, so there.
Speaker 3: It's just nostalgic for me, right.
Speaker 2: And they still make them. You can find them online.
Speaker 3: I bet they're not expensive either.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's one. I'm trying to think of the name of the brand.
Speaker 5: I see them always come up on Instagram, and they do these really cool boxes that are kind of a combination of something a little bit more modern but also have the retro retro vibe.
Speaker 2: But they do the Bluetooth and all the other gadgets.
Speaker 3: You know what I think about that.
Speaker 1: I never saw a girl with a jam box or a ghetto blaster.
Speaker 3: Never saw one thing. I saw a guy with it.
Speaker 2: Never saw a surprise if our daughter showed up with one.
Speaker 4: Because she has now managed to get a walkman, a discman, one of those recorded that you you put the cassette tape in and you have to pet press play and record at the same time. She's going all retro. So don't let her see your jam box there. She'll want one of those two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty sweet. I'm jealous. Stay with us. Stephen coming up. So Steven's got a thought on Top Gun and these are always on whenever Steven has a thought.
Speaker 3: That's always funny. Yeah, right, what it is?
Speaker 1: This one's on Top Gun and the sequel that they're making, and also is there possibly a spin off for Cobra Kai. Stick around more with Steven from at Thunder pop TV coming up. Our friend Steven from at thunder Pop TV joined us. You can find him on Instagram and on YouTube. Let's talk with Stephen before I said, Hey, you know the Top Gun sequel, it's official, it's done. I've got a thought on that, and that's always leads to something interesting.
Speaker 3: What's your thought here?
Speaker 5: Yeah, and I hope it didn't build it up too much. I mean, I don't know if it's funny. It could be, it could be turned into a meme. But here's the thing. When they made Top Gun Maverick, clearly the biggest star of that movie was Tom Cruise. Now there is an actor in that movie who we talked about recently from Austin whose star is rising. He was unknown when they when Top Gun Maverick came out a couple of years ago. But his star is steadily rising. And he had a big movie this Summer Twister, the Twister remake, big movie, this summer, huge movie. Now, Tom Cruise takes his time on these sequels. He doesn't rush it out, and it could be I mean that movie could be three or four years before we even see it. Yeah, maybe longer. He'll have to get another cosmetic surgery Taylor to be able to still look young for it. But yeah, it's coming up. A will to take a while. He doesn't rush him out like Marvel movies. So if this movie, say took four years, five years, Glenn Pale's got another five summers or three or four summers to build up his brand. Will Tom Cruise still be the biggest star in that next Top Gun movie.
Speaker 4: I feel like I, no matter how big Glenn Palell gets, no, no, no matter how big anybody gets, if Tom Cruise is in the movie, I feel like Tom Cruise is the star.
Speaker 2: That's what I think.
Speaker 1: I think you're right, It's like, yeah, I think it's like if George Clooney is in a movie, he's the star, right right.
Speaker 2: No matter what his role is. Did you he's the draw? Anyway?
Speaker 3: Did you guys hear what Tom Cruise is going to do at the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Can you here about this?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 1: So apparently he's already filmed the stunt, but he's going to be part of the stunt. He is going to scale some building in France, maybe the stadium.
Speaker 3: I don't know. It's a French name. I didn't know what it was.
Speaker 1: And then he's going to take the torch and then he's going to skydive in Los Angeles with the torch and land at the Hollywood Sign in Los Angeles because the next Olympics are in Los Angeles. What so he's transporting the flame, the Olympic Flame, down from Paris to la as only Tom Cruise can do.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised he wasn't like taking a rocket into space and then jumping out of the rocket in space to bring it down to la That's something Tom Cruise would do.
Speaker 3: That'd be pretty cool. Now, what's going on now?
Speaker 1: Cobra Kai A lot of I watched the first couple of seasons of it. I enjoyed it, kind of let it go, but it's good to know that it's always there. Yeah, but it's wrapping up. There could be a spin off from it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they'll wrap up this year, the final half of their their sixth season. Then they'll have another Karate Kid movie with this time with Jackie Chan teaming up with Ralph Machio. But there's a spin off being planned, and if you're watching the current season, they're setting it up already in the season with some more backstory of mister Miyagi, and I can give this little nugget out.
Speaker 2: I think it's safe.
Speaker 5: They're starting to find out there was more to mister Mayoggie's pass than we realized.
Speaker 2: Like how he became mister Miyagi.
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, his origin story, and he wasn't always squeaky clean.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say that they find some sexist tweets or something, and that was canceled.
Speaker 3: They're going to cancel mister Miagi. Is that what it is?
Speaker 4: They're going to take him out of all the pastes?
Speaker 1: Did his class mate when he was nineteen, she claiming that he said a dirty word stopped.
Speaker 2: I think you made me nervous when you start talking like that. I think that would have been better than what they came up with. But I don't know. There's some something.
Speaker 5: He was involved in, some organized crime.
Speaker 3: Possibly.
Speaker 2: I mean, he had to get his edge from somewhere.
Speaker 1: Right, true, he was a tough washing cars, painting fence.
Speaker 2: Oh no, he's a dangerous guy.
Speaker 4: He had to have learned that from some sort of need to stay alive all.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't know how Miagi got the healing power when he clapped his.
Speaker 2: Hand and rubbed them together.
Speaker 5: That's some that's some dark magic there, right, it really is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But supposedly there's a prequel.
Speaker 5: Well that actually the producers have said we're working on a prequel and this is the setup for it, following mister Miyagi as a young.
Speaker 3: Mister Miyaki boy Miyagi.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I never got crazy about Karate Kid, but I feel like I would be more into mister Miyagi's stuff than I was into the Karate Kid stuff.
Speaker 1: I just wish I had that clip of the comic talking about the crane kick out kind of you've seen it, right, Steven when he think he goes They kind of oversell the crane kick when they say if done right, no ken defend Eh, wait a.
Speaker 2: Minute, what you're about to do?
Speaker 1: If you see the guy go up into a big crane position, don't run in their head first.
Speaker 3: That's the thing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So speaking of Ralph Macchio, and this has nothing to do with Karate Kid, but did Ralph Maccio do really well?
Speaker 3: Was with his money?
Speaker 1: I've heard like in roast and stuff like he hasn't had to work since he was a kid because he did invested in smart things and did smart stuff.
Speaker 3: Have you heard that?
Speaker 5: I you know, I got that impression over the years. I don't know exactly, you know, nowadays because we're talking about Comic Con because of all these conventions. Yeah, people, I know, Luke Farigno has done really well for himself post Incredible Hulk just doing conventions. Yeah, and has been able to buy businesses just on that money from his convention money. So I think probably from you know, those types of things, doing the conventions and conventions and appearances. But yeah, I saw him years ago before Cobra Kai, like probably ten years before Cobra Kai, and he did a YouTube video and he was at his house and he looked like he was doing pretty well. Was a pretty nice house and in the northeast.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I just looked it up and it said is his net worth in twenty twenty fours around eight million dollars?
Speaker 2: I mean, nothing crazy.
Speaker 4: Most of his fortunes is due to acting roles, especially the Karate Kid franchise you mentioned those.
Speaker 1: You mentioned Comic Con and stuff, and like guys like lu Fregno'll be able to make a good living.
Speaker 3: Steven, are you a wrestling fan at all?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah, I love wrestling. Okay, is there is there anything more?
Speaker 1: Pathetic than when you see a video of some old crippled wrestler signing autographs somewhere on a fold out table, you know what I mean, and some gym in the middle of New Jersey.
Speaker 2: Like not super cool, like comic Con.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they're signing up for like twelve dollars in autograph.
Speaker 3: It's kind of sad, isn't it. Hey.
Speaker 1: Wrestling Monday Night Ross coming to Austin. Oh, it's coming back two weeks Yeah yeah, oh yeah, y'all going. I would be out of town unfortunately, Otherwise I'd be there. Trica wants to go.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go.
Speaker 4: I don't want to go. If if The Rock was going to be there again in his little wrestling panties, then I'd go. It should be their front row exactly, my wrestling panties up there to him.
Speaker 3: We enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Make sure you follow Steven on Instagram at thunder pop TV. He's also on YouTube at thunder Pop TV. Have a great weekend. We'll talk to you next week.
Speaker 2: Oh y'all too. Thank you.