Speaker 1: Five o four. I think you've bought a k r C the talk station. Happy Friday, there are a vacation from this Yes, indeed, Happy uh Friday to everybody. Brian Thomas right here, Danny Gleason covering for the I don't know where the hell Joe Tracker is. Danny, do you know where j Just Tracker is? All right, taking some vacation. He's entitled to it. I'm not saying he's not. Just don't know where he is anyway. Uh okay, I'll use all the help I can get this morning. If you want a phone call in, I will be using the cough button regularly this morning. I'm morning ahead of time. I and my wife even told me not to come in today. I said, who's going to cover for me? No one knows I'm sick. I've got this really one of those deep, deep, deep deep coughs. So you know, apologies ahead of time. I'll do all I can to sort of again hit the cough button at the appropriate time, assuming it doesn't get covered up by paper. Hey, the phone number to reach me five one three seven fifty five hundred eight hundred eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on at and T phones and it being Friday. Of course, I always look forward to six thirty Tech Friday with Dave Hatter in addition to celebrating him being elected Official of the Year in Kentucky, we'll also be talking tech, which is of course the point of the segment. Smart TVs are spying on you. That's a hard full stop on that one, so we'll get the details from Dave on that. We'll also be talking about data brokers tracking your phone. Apparently the chi cooms are as well. A couple of comments and stories on that too. Here in a moment business email scams costing companies only fifty five billion dollars over the last ten years. I can't believe that figure is not more than that for ten years, but that one's gonna jump. Dave Williams tax Payer Protection Alliance returns at seven oh five. Thank god, we got a guess at seven oh five. Will Trump real in government spending? I sure hope. So I've got so much positivity in connection with Elon Musk and him being involved in reducing government spending. We can only hope that that can happen, and everyone should want that. I you know, I think about people who are angry over Trump getting elected. At least he's promised to cut the spending. The question becomes where we can have a thoughtful debate on what should be cut. I mean, you know, even I who love my American military, I love my veteran friends out there, are you do you think for a minute that I don't believe there's fraud, waste, and abuse and government spending when it comes to the military. I would maybe even argue it could be the worst possible place for fraud, wasted abuse. Do I want to defund the military?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You know what I want. I want ships, I want subs, I want munitions. I want it done at the right price, and I want some oversight. So evil, nefarious, idiot contractors out there aren't taking advantage of us, because of course, the nation's security is contingent on it. I think of all of our contracts with Boeing. Boeing's falling apart, and Jay Ratliff joins the program every Thursday, even brought it up yesterday. Boeing's struggling. It's got all these problems on its hands. Manufacturings, you know, lines are doing shoddy production, and you're like, well, how in the hell can they stay in business and either well, there's nobody else to replace them, and they've got massive numbers of government contracts, which may be the one reason they're still in business. In the world of airplanes, basically got Airbus and Boeing. Boeing stays afloat because our American government keeps hiring them to do the manufacturing of all this military stuff. I know we need it. I'm sorry, I don't know how I got that in that tangent. Is the future looking brighter? Dave Williams w lask answer that question, and what is the Pharmacy, Audit and Transparency Act. No Day's going to talk about that, and seems to me something that maybe RFK Junior might be involved with, since he's going to be taking a prominent role in the Trump administration by all accounts. So that's the topics with Dave Williams. We fast forward to eighth five. Got Steve Gorum joined the program, Got an empower use simminar to talk about with Steve. Steve, he's gonna be talking about no more green new deal, really, no more our to believe, although you know likelihood that we pair back on this nonsense is significant, and I saw that the the global climate community is a little concerned about a Trump administration. Those rather funny. Anybody listens to the programs knows that I'm not a big fan of the United Nations. Quite often, the United Nations has absolutely zero interest in the interest of the United States. I really fully believe that the only reason we're still involved in the United Nations and many nations as well, considering they don't get much done. They certainly don't stop wars and conflicts, They certainly don't try to well seemingly they don't try to negotiate any peace, but they do try to show things like climate and legislation down our throats. And according to Lawrence Tubiana, the lead negotiator of the twenty fifteen Paris Climate Agreement, in his post yesterday, I believe it was yesterday or maybe Wednesday, after the election results came in. The US election result is a blow in the fight against the climate crisis. She went on, Lawrence, I didn't realize that was a female name. I don't know in these day and age, maybe Lawrence is male but goes by the pronouns she I'm confused on all that. Anyway, the window here we go. The window to limit warming to one point five degrees celsius is closing. These next four years are critical. How now long have been listening to that? When did al Gore come out of the woodwork and start screaming about the climate going up one point five degrees or something like twenty years ago? Wasn't it, Danny remember Man Bear Pig? Yeah, it was the nineties. Remember the South Park episode Man Bear Pig, I mean, we're going back forever and he said we're all gonna die, I like in the next fifteen minutes. So they're still added again. Anyway, I know that was predicated on my comment about Steve Gorham joining the program. Steve is informative and engaging speaker, delivering compelling and provocative programs the business, universities and diverse organizations. I'm just reading from the list on the Empower You America? So can we effectively transition to one renewable energy rhetorical question which is the springboard for the Empower You seven are taking place on Tuesday beginning at seven pm. Do you think when solar batteries can replace the hydrocarbon fuels the power our modern industrial society? My short answer is sure as hell.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: It is a virtual class only, so you can register at empower Youoamerica dot org. Just click on the little link there to register virtually. Again, sorry for the lack of parent enthusiasm this morning. I'm really just trying to prevent my just just entering into a massive coughing fit on a Friday. But a very happy Friday to everyone. Nonetheless, it's a great day because well for no other reason, it is Friday. Let's see here over fifty five care Sea dot Commin Edition to your iHeartMedia app. We have my conversation with Steve Goodin yesterday. If you have any questions about the litigation that's ongoing with Trump. He's got state actions against him, thirty four felony convictions. Yeah, I know, I know, I know, I know, and nobody else on the planet would have ever been subjected to that. They created that sort of mechanism to go after Trump whole cloth, and likely we'll be thrown out on appeal. But we talked about that, we talked about the federal cases against Trump as well, and all the answers from Steve Gooden from Porter right are right there on the podcast page fifty five care Sea Dot Alex Chantefilo joined the program to give us do an election recap, and you can get it right there with I've curiously that Tom, let us see here, everybody's going crazy, and you know, really kind of I just sort of wonder people it's ready fire aim in connection with the reaction to Trump winning. And I could go all over the place with this, but let's start with the Hispanic community. And I don't watch the View. The only thing I really know about the View is other than it is a bunch of very left wing women sitting around a table just in hysterics about you know, conservative ideology and now of course Donald Trump being president elect. But earlier in the week, on Wednesday, it was on the View one of the hosts, person named Sonny Hoston, talking about Latino men and their support of Trump, which really was pretty substantial. Hispanic majority counties went for Trump by ten percentage points according to the breakdown by the New York Times. So you have a whole lot of Hispanic men who are on the Trump side of the ledger, and I think that's for cultural reasons. You know, we're trying to tell people that your daughters should have to look at some naked guy in the bathroom. I don't think that really cottons well with the Hispanic community, many of whom are quite religious. But that's just my own gas on that. But the point is the numbers reflect that the Hispanic community leaned over toward and embraced Trump, which flies in the face of the narrative that all of the illegal immigrants or Hispanic folks who ended up around the country are going to be end up being a Democrat voters. But along those lines, she suggested Latino men supported Trump to deport themselves, as if they weren't thinking about their own best interest. And what conclusion does one draw about Sunny Houston and her perception of Hispanic men exactly that she believes them to be all illegal immigrants. How insulting is that that's her? I mean, you can't make a statement about that like that unless you perceive every Hispanic person you walk by as someone who is in the country illegally. Lots of Hispanic people have been in this country, lot of Hispanic people born here. You know, their heritage and their race cannot be denied, But the fact that they are legal or obtained legal citizenship cannot be denied either, and there is a massive swath of the population that falls right into that category. They yes, voted for Trump. If they were here illegally, Sonny, they wouldn't have been eligible to vote in a federal election for the president of the United States of America. So you are directing your comments in an extraordinarily insulting way at a giant chunk of Americans, white women out there my listening audience that voted for Trump. Apparently, in her words, specifically, you are uneducated. And I cite these examples of this one example because they're a multitude of them. And I listen to the comments from gut Field when I come in the morning, because they rerun the late night program and he's always making fun of the view and the hosts on there, and it's kind of funny. But he was spreading his commentary or talking about all of the late night hosts and how they're just pulling their hair outs, like Jimmy Kimmel, you know, remember former host of The Man Show. He's gone all woke, left wing. You think he was the you know, the modern woman's best friend and shared their ideology. He's pulling his hair out, He's crying but while doing so. And this is the part that just blows my mind. It's almost like Budweiser, you know, getting the transgender person to talk about how awesome bud Light is failing to appreciate who their core audience is. Jimmy Kimmel, I imagine has some conservative individuals in the audience, or at least some people who chose the economy over whatever Kamala Harris was trying to sell. But he is literally being insulting to the vast majority of Americans who voted in the election. Trump won the popular vote by about five million people. Everybody who turned out to vote in the election, you know, more than half of them voted Trump. The Senate is now controlled by Republicans, and I know it hasn't yet been called, which really kind of concerns me. If you're worried about voter shenanigans and election interference or anything like that, you might pay attention to the House race. But House looks like it's going to go Republican too. And here's a person who's life, whose income, whose livelihood depends upon ratings, and it depends upon sponsorships. And he's not the only one that is citiment. As an example, It's like Sunny host and who rever the heuse? She is making these broad brushes just unbelievably insulting statements. I mean, I just don't understand the echo chamber that they must live in that makes them think and believe, in spite of the positions that they are in on air and being in the public view and relying on ratings and advertising revenue, that they would utter these statements. I know they were proudly supporting Harrison the lead up, but I don't think this is the way you respond when your person lost in your arguments, Well fell on deaf ears here in America, who well are facing grocery bills and gasoline charges and that kind of thing. It's five nineteen right now, fifty five Detalk station. Mark is on the phone. I appreciate any phone calls, most notably today when I have a difficult time talking without coughing. Stick around right here at fifty five car Se Detalk station.
Speaker 4: I'm Donald J.
Speaker 5: Trump. Can I improve this message?
Speaker 1: Well, that's a welcome refreshing change from the Kamala Harris message. Thank you Danny Gleason covering for me wherever the hell. Joe's Trekker is Joe's treker. Let me a little refreshing wake up shout from Lemmy. Let's get to Mark as promised. Mark, thank you so much for holding over the phone break there while from the show.
Speaker 5: Don't worries. Good morning, Brian. We had got the best bumper music. Anybody plays pool at five o'clock in the morning can't be all bad.
Speaker 1: Mark, thank you very much. I am proud of that song, inspite of the fact that we can't play more than a couple of seconds of it because all the curse words. I always encourage people to just read it. You know, I'm warning you ahead of time. There's a lot of f bombs in there. But the message in that song is all about everything I stand for. I love that song andema ae n I am a a yes, go ahead and look it up.
Speaker 5: So anyway, what I was calling about yesterday I called in after will and and my original point was for Colin was I was most.
Speaker 2: Touch on day.
Speaker 5: But back to him from yesterday, I hope that he really sits back and reflects. I thought a lot about his rant yesterday morning, and I think if he took the breath and realized that and so is aren't the devil, and that the party does have the best interest of people at heart, and it's not going to be the end of the world. And let's face it, Joe Biden has always been an idiot, but he's also a corrupt idiot. And then they put Amala Harris in there, and let's face it, she does not have a skill set to be vice president, let alone president. So I just hope that he took a breath yesterday and realizes that everything's going to be okay. Yeah, we've weathered presidents that we don't particularly care for, but based on their personality. I mean again, I could spend two hours talking about the various presidents that have been in my eyes that were absolute disasters. But my point today for calling was the reaction of the left. It's like there, they haven't learned anything. And it's like you're at a poker table and you've just lost everything that you have in your bank accounts and and you're you just cannot get the message that you maybe you should walk away from the table and you throw the deed at your house up on the table and you're gonna win this time. And the reactions from you know, the the scholars of Whoope Goldberg and Sonny Houston and and you know these people that the Tisia James. I saw a video of her reacting to Trump being elected, and she is just eat up with anger and is vowing to somehow put Donald Trump in jail. And it's like, you guys have not learned anything. And the media is right there lockstep that I saw an MSN on MSN homepage yesterday of a news story interest rates and inflation will rise under the Donald Trump administration. I mean that was yesterday, so they're already starting. And so I hope that Donald Trump and his administration right off the jump does things that make a huge difference, like you said, cutting the spending in Washington and just getting things done to prove once and for all that the Democrat model is a socialist model. It's not it's not capitalism. They say they run as moderate as when it's election time, but once they get in, you know, it's it's the opposite, and it's just the socialist model. We've got to defeat it otherwise it's going to be every four years or when they do get in power, we're going to be faced with the same challenges until they finally get their way and wear everybody down, or you know, get a hold of the election process. And I mean, this was a very consequential election. I believe in the fact that it stopped this This agenda hasn't stopped it, but it's slowed it down and now it needs to be stomped out.
Speaker 1: Yes, I agree with a lot of what you said, just just bear in mind. And I have always acknowledged and was during the Trump administration and during the last several years of Joe Biden always pointing out that, you know what, I want a Republican to be a fiscal hawk, a deficit hawk. I want someone who's going to be cutting spending. Donald Trump wasn't that way in his first term. And we are on an unsustainable trajectory, whether your values are conservative or liberal, if the government continues to outspend what it takes in, we are going to continue to have debt service that is going to become to the point where it's just an insurmountable challenge. Default on the national debt. You know what that would do to our country. I mean, you're talking about a true existential threat. And some people, I mean everyone in federal government, top to bottom should wake up to that blank in reality, we can't continue this path. I appreciate the call, Mark, I really do, and yeah, I mean I honestly feel the same way about Well. I reeled about that over yesterday because you know, I always liked his calls. He offered a Democrat perspective, but also was willing to engage in a discussion and so obviously quite angry at the outcome of the election. He's not alone, it's We're surrounded by folks that are feeling that way. And you know, we've all felt bad after elections. We always managed to survive, and that's one thing the Republic has been proven for two hundred and fifty years, you know, from Wilson administration to Reagan and everything else in between. Good ones, bad ones, corrupt ones. We managed to move forward as a society. Now. The world has always worked. It's five twenty eight right now, Local stories or phone calls. I prefer the latter, But get to local stories too. I'll be right back five thirty three on a Friday, in a very heavy friday too. If you're just tuning in my bottom of the bottom of my heart of apologies struggling with a really really deep cough this morning. Probably shouldn't have come in, but Joe Stracker out, Danny Gleeson certainly doing an awesome job covering for the board and producing the show today. Just a little late to try to get somebody to sub in for me, so you can help sub and just feel free to give me a call five one, three, seven, four nine fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk over the local stories actually Franklin County. After a two day trial, judge found that a twenty eight year old Elijah Thomas guilty of murdering twenty three year old Kaitlin Puckett at her home in Franklin, Ohio. Thomas convicted a one kind of aggravated murder with a firearm specification, two counts of murder, one count each of Flonia's assaultant improperly firing a gun at or into habitation. Warren County prosecutor said GPS data showed that on June seventeenth, last year, Thomas was waiting at Puckett's home for her for about thirty minutes before she and others returned. Happened around midnight then, in front of multiple witnesses, he approached her fired nine shots, six of which hit her, killing her. Family members told police Thomas had made multiple violent threats to Pucket in the days and weeks before her murder. Police called the one und block Abuler Drive about twelve thirty. A little after twelve thirty in the morning, I found Pucket shot multiple times. Despite first respondente efforts to save her life, she did die at the scene. Thomas taken into custody during a police traffic stop hours later, about quarter to ten in the morning. Thomas formerly sentenced to a later day the charges which he was convicted Kerrie at least a mandatory life sentence five point thirty five Right now, fifty five Carsini talk station. Pats on the line. I have a stack of stupid to get to as well, but you know me, I'd prefer the phone calls. We'll do both. Pat, you're next, Just give you a minute. I'll be right back.
Speaker 4: Can you play John the Fisherman.
Speaker 1: Friday? Even if Joe Strecker is not any answer is yeah us? In honor of the vacationing Joe's tractor. Danny Gleeson covering the board today five forty five k CV talks rations and to the Bones we go. Got a few callers online and as promised, Pat was waiting over the break. There, Pat, thanks for holding over the break. Welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 6: Oh thanks, Brian. My heart just went out the wheel yesterday. I was praying for him because the anger he had. I went through that with what was going on with this country and the anything. I can say to people that I don't watch TV a whole lot anymore because I just can't listen to what the garbage. I mean now I found out I'm uneducated, yes, but I think what kind of turned me from being a Democrat over towards voting for some of the Republicans except the Rhinos. It's I mean, Brian, when you hear people tell tell you that you've got to change the way you talk, the way you think, we got to move to a different place, or another one saying we got to transform this country, I tell you, I think the men in this country are coming back because the way Trump got the votes. But all I can say is if you don't know how to pray, talk to God, talk to Mary, and pray for the children, because there's a lot of children they don't talk about on the news that are missing. But anyway, Brian, I pray for everybody, and I pray for you and hope everything comes out of pay for you. But anyway, I think people in this country you're a waking up because I've woke up to the fact the Democrats do not care about money. They like to spend it, and the republic kittens are trying to stop that. I mean, you've got to start using your brain because I never paid two hundred dollars for groceries and I'm buying the bare minimum. So anyway, Brian, you have a nice day.
Speaker 5: Thank you, Pat, And I pray for all of you.
Speaker 1: We all appreciate it. We all do. And if you don't appreciate Pat's prayers, then there's something wrong with you as far as I'm concerned. You don't believe in prayer. That's okay. She's offering them to you and with the hope that you benefit from them. That's the beautiful thing about people's offer of prayers. And it always bothered me when something tragic happens and someone says, you know, thoughts and prayers go out and like, eh, you thoughting prayers are with jokes Squad, particularly in the area of like gun violence. Now, they are worth something. Anybody's experiencing a bad time time in their life, at least when someone is offering you that. And I've said this before, I'm just trying to double down on it. It means you got at least someone who has compassion, concern, caring a friend in a time of desperation and need. And it beats the hell out of nothing, and it beats the hell out of an insult. That's what Chris has got this morning. Chris, thanks for calling the Morning Show this morning. Have happy Friday to you.
Speaker 3: Peter will I just wanted to call before I go into work real fast. I was watching Fox News yesterday and I want to say it was Ari Fleischer. I can't really remember fully, but he said that he'd like to see Ramaswami be the press secretary and if that happens, if that happened, about every time it come on to see the press conference, that would be very entertaining.
Speaker 1: Chris, I had not heard that. Would that's actually the wouldn't that be awesome?
Speaker 3: Probably won't happen, but that's that I heard that, and I love that.
Speaker 1: Oh that's great. Well, you know, you got to laugh out of you out of Friday morning. But I'm not even feeling one hundred percent Chris. That's good. It would be a phenomenal thing. That guy's razor sharp.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the reporters would wouldn't want to show up for those conferences.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, I know they would. Well, they'd have to actually ask articulate questions and be prepared to follow up with some really difficult follow up questions because he would answer the questions directly. Chris, thank you man. That was a good one. I like that. Maybe we'll see more of that. It's wide open as of right now. In terms of the the administration, although Trump named Susie Wiles the first female White House Chief of staff in history, I'm not familiar with this woman apparently, though she has been, you know, behind the scenes, a real powerhouse in terms of you know, campaigning and all that. So first one out of the gate chief of staff, Susie Wiles, first woman, and so much for the Republicans being anti women. I suppose you could make that argument five point fifty one coming up with five fifty two at the five Kereseitton talk station, moving before I get I haven't got to the stack of stupid yet, because you know I love to talk to you, and Dick's on the phone, so let's talk to Dick. Dick, welcome to the show. In a happy Friday to you.
Speaker 5: Hey, good morning.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 7: I live over here in Kentucky, and you know Tom Massey's my rep. And you mentioned something about going to agricult agriculture secretary. But I think you and I can both agree. Tom Massey's a big picture guy. And I think McConnell is going to retire. And I guarantee you, I guarantee you a four way onion. I'll buy you one, because I know Adye Basheer is going to run for the Senator in twenty six. The guy's power mad. You didn't have to live with them. You had to deal with Mike de Wine during that whole pandemic thing. But we are here at he could tell you, almost to a man, what a petty tyrant the guy is or was at that time. So I just believe he's going to run for the center because he just everything, everything comes out of his mouth as I want more power.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so.
Speaker 7: Andy Basheer needs to I mean, he needs to be put down and stayed down by Tom Massey as Senator for the state, because I can see, Man, what a pair Rand Paul and Tom Massey as our senators hopefully caw listen.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what, Dick, You're right. And I know by taking Tom I suggested Secretary Agriculture and by putting him in that role, as awesome as he would be in that role, he's no longer a representative for the state of Kentucky. And you're right, I think, well, as long as Thomas Massey is in some elected capacity, in some position of power, the more power for Thomas Massey, the better for America. Dick. Then I'll take it so and thank you, Dick, and everybody else in Kentucky who is responsible for Thomas Massey being around. God bless all of you.
Speaker 7: Well, I can tell you I didn't vote for him this time, and only because he was running on a post.
Speaker 8: But that's that's the old that's the old.
Speaker 7: Thing I learned from my dad was if they run unopposed, you only need one vote.
Speaker 1: You know, it saves you. It saves you having to fill in the little box.
Speaker 7: Yes, saved save that, you know, an eighth of a gram of ink.
Speaker 1: This is not a win right out of the gate. I mean, I know it's a win right out of the gate, but it's an acknowledgment by the folks in the area that nobody can beat Thomas Vassey. Keep them coming, Dick, you got more over there. Come on, let's get him in office. Have a great weekend, man. I appreciate the call. I can get me one stack of stupid story in here, so let's go with the one that's on the top. A drunk, naked, feces covered British man crashed to the ceiling of an internet cafe in what is called a notoriously cedy holiday destination. UH apparently understood that the fifty one year old tourists plunged through his hotel balcony, even found dangling above the busy cafe in Thailand. Hotel staff said the British man could be heard making loud groans and banging around his room before hearing the humongous bang. Moments later, the man's legs were dangling above his shocked cafe goers as he cried for help. At least in Paramedics attended to the scene quickly found the guy in a dazed state trapped between wooden boards. No witnesses saw him plummet through the roof, but his crash landing forced the folks there to flee due to the stench. One customer said quote at the time, the shop was full of people, more than twenty people. I was sitting playing games downstairs, and after a while I heard the first thump. I didn't think much of it. After a while, there was another thump. The ceiling started to break more and then there were legs coming down right on my head. So I called the staff to come and look. And after a while he said it seemed like the ceiling started to sink. Those very shocks, so I ran up to look. I smelled it, but I thought it was a broken water pipe or something. Cops later checked on the British Man's room, where horrified to allegedly find feces smeared across the floor, the bed, the sheets and the blankets. Police say they were suspicious around what the man was doing as he plummeted through the balcony. Police Lieutenant there Tanawe Yarn guests see said the tourist had minor injuries, but he will be discharged from the hospital to have time to rest and become sober. Excuse me, we have some ideas about what he was doing in the room to make it so dirty, but there was nothing illegal. Man taken to the hospital for a checkup and to sober up in a safe environment.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Five fifty sixty five care see de talk station. Stick around. It's Tech Friday coming up at six thirty. God bless Dave hat or an Interest it for sponsoring the segment, keeping us well out of trouble. And yes, your smart TV apparently is spying on you. That'll be the first topic with David six thirty. We'll have time to talk between now and then. I hope you can stick around. It's six oh five on a Friday. In a happy one, say Brian Thomas, wishing everyone happy Friday. We've got some great plans going on this weekend, and I hope you feel phil like Colin call me on five one three, seven, four, nine fifty five eight hundred eight two to three talk not to be a dead horse. You've been listening since five, you know. And I just want to qualify this for folks who are just tuning and struggling with really deep kind of heavy heavy inside cough, so I apologize. I'm doing my best not to interrupt the conversation with having to hit the cough button. But if you hear some silence, you'll know exactly what's going on in my world, which again is why I'm looking for a little additional support this morning. So far as conversation is concern, but managed to get through one hour, and I hope it'd be able to make it through the balance. I'm not overly concerned as long as you can deal with a couple of hiccups here and there. Tech Friday with Dave Hatter coming up to the bottom of the hour, we're gonna be talking. This is I can't wait to hear about these smart TVs. He says they're spying on you, and I've known that, and I haven't bought a TV in a long time. And one of the reasons is, you know, first off, I don't really need a TV. The other one is I think they're all smart now, so I'm gonna find out are there anything other than smart TVs available out there? Because I don't really appreciate the idea of be inspired upon. Also, data brokers are tracking your phone and on the heels of that racist text messages that went a message that went out over the entire country, all over the place, New York, Alabama, California, here in Ohio is locally reported Pennsylvania, Tennessee. It's just just a disgusting text and they claim it came from well, the text itself suggests it came from Trump or Maga. And if you believe that I got a bridge and actually a couple of bridges and a planet or two, I want to sell you. And given that I've got another article on run by Dave Hatter as well, the United States Agency Federal Agency issued a directive to employees generally to reduce the use of cell phones for work matters because of China's recent hack of the United States telecommunications infrastructure. So Chief Information off of the Consumer Financial Protection Beer warned that internal and external work related meetings and conversations involving non public data should only be held on certain platforms like Microsoft Teams and Cisco's WebEx, but not on work issued personal phones. Dave Hatter has warned us a number of times about the fact that your data is being stolen. That if you've got a bunch of apps on your phone like TikTok. They've gathered up literally everything on your phone, all your text back and forth, what you you know, your contact information. They know everything there is to know about you. And if they want to send out a pot stirring, evil text to further divide America, that's going to be in their best interest, like it is for the Iranians and the Russians and anybody else who hates us, They're going to do it. So you know, yeah, you got a text. It was offensive, it was racist, It never should have happened. But in the world in which we find ourselves, I mean, let's be logical and reasonable about that. And does anyone really in the right mind think that a true, really true Trump supporter or Maga folks would want to send something like that to further divide our country. If that is indeed the case, and that guy's out there or these people are out there, now, there's a special place in hell that's been reserved for them. Beelzebelb's got a devil put aside for the whole lot of them. So that's uh, I just want to get that out of my system, because you know, we are in little rather tense times right now. So don't buy into the narrative that this has anything to do with well, more conservative minded folks who went with Trump, probably because they're grocery bill is through the roof and they're a little concerned about the security here in the United States of America given the open borders. Before I move on, let's see what Jeff's got this morning. Jeff, thanks for colling, and welcome to the Morning Show.
Speaker 8: Good morning, Brian, hope you get better.
Speaker 1: Thank you, I appreciate it.
Speaker 8: Hey, Hey, On November thirteenth, Mitch McConnell was pushing through this secret ballot vote for the new Senate GOP leadership. It actually bi lates GOP bylaws, and the two people at the top of the list are Senator Johnson and Senator John Cornying, two never Trumpers. Tim Scott, I guess from Florida. He's in the Runnie. I think it's really important to have a solid Senator GOP later from the get go, so they don't do the same thing they did in twenty sixteen and block Trump's agenda.
Speaker 1: What do you think, Well, I agree with it with the latter part. But Jeff, let me ask you this, what day did you say they're supposed to vote on this. I'm not familiar with the legislation, and I apologize them, but they're doing this before the new Senate gets sworn in.
Speaker 8: Yeah, violates goot bylaws. They're doing it November thirteenth. Mitch McConnell is pushing it through. And it's supposed to be done in January when all the new Senators take their seats, but for some reason, Mitch McConnell is pushing this through on November thirteenth.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, that in and of itself is a massive red flag. And I have no idea what is in that. But the idea that you're going to vote on something like that before the new Senate gets sworn in, where there will be a majority Republican Republican balance in the Senate seems really fishy, my friend. So I'm gonna have to look further into that. And you know that the Republicans may Yeah, and the Republicans, remember the Republicans made the argument that no, we're not going to vote in a new Supreme Court when we've got a new Congress being elected, and we right, Okay, same argument applies right now. I don't know what that goes to.
Speaker 8: Soon got on TV the other day and he told, uh, the interviewer, Trump needs to keep his Basically, Trump needs to keep his nose out of it, which is you know the way they they do. You know, he's supposed to keep his nose out of it. But Soon saying tell him Trump, you know, don't get involved, it burns. Yeah, it brings up some red flags for sure.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what my perception to Trump is, if you tell him don't get involved, then the first thing he's probably gonna do is get in evolved. So I came, I'll look into that and I'll keep my popcorn out on that one. But yeah, that sounds like just on its face and again not knowing what the substance of this vote is. If it has a profound impact on the next Senate, Uh, then I'm going to call Shenanigan's declaration on it right away and yeah for.
Speaker 8: The next GOP later. Yeah, it's just.
Speaker 1: Uh, well, hey it's Mitch McConnell. Does this Does it shock anybody?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 1: Anyhow? I appreciate the heads up, Jeff. I'll have to look into it, but it doesn't sound right on it.
Speaker 8: Or you're elected officials and say no secret ballot.
Speaker 1: No secret ballots. I'm away with that. I like transparency. Hank. Appreciate the call this morning. Welcome to the morning, showing a happy Friday to you, sir.
Speaker 2: Brian.
Speaker 10: I appreciate you taking my call, man, and I enjoyed meeting the other day, the listening a lot.
Speaker 1: Great meeting you, Hank. I'm glad you're able to make it. That was a very celebratory environment. I really happy that it was that, rather than sitting at the bar drinking ourselves.
Speaker 11: Into stupid hou yeah, into the morning that we that we're hearing from the the radicals and especially the foolishness coming out of CNN. But I wanted to call in this morning, brother and have the out and talk to my black brothers, especially since, uh, you know, we've called out so much this election, and now we even got some black sisters going around talking about how outraged they are, blaming the black men for this morning that they're in right now. And I just wanted to talk to my black brothers who are like myself, who possibly didn't vote for Trump the first time, but and talk to them about why we voted this time and let my brothers. Know, listen, you aint the only one you need, the only one to the a risk. And now we're sitting back with arms folded and saying we'll see because here's what's true. They could not defeat what was going on with the economy. You can throw out all the lies, claim everybody's racists, call them Hitler and all that kind of stuff. I don't care about that, Brian, not like they.
Speaker 5: Think I should.
Speaker 10: Listen, brother, when I go to the grocery store and I can't get out of Costco with less than three hundred dollars and I got a quarter of a grocery basketfull, I got three teenage boys. Brian, that's unacceptable. We can't roll like that. I drive for a certain ride share company early in the morning, and I pick up passengers from about four in the morning at about nine, and brother, the cost of gasoline means something to me, okay, And you can call them the Cheeto dictator from day one, Hitler and all that kind of stuff. All I know is that when he was in office, I filled up for a dollar seventy cent per gallon. I took a picture of it with my cell phone because I hadn't seen prices like that since I was in the Navy in the nineties early nineties.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 10: Yes, So for all my brothers, listen, there are more of us than you think. And if some of the black women want to be mad at us, they'll be all right. But most of the time, it's us that's going to the grocery store. And I'm speaking to those black brothers, y'all keep on voting. Find some other conservative brothers that you can talk to and talk through these issues about. Don't believe the lies that these people are telling us, because America has spoken and we have said, I believe my wallet more than I believe your lies.
Speaker 1: Very very thoughtful analogy. I know there was probably a bit of a nose holding to do that. I get that all day long. And believe me, there are a lot of people that voted for Trump that did hold their nose to a certain degree for a variety of reasons. But you're right in the final analysis, you're the one that went grocery shopping. You're the one that fills your tank, You're the one that sees where we're going in this country culturally. Even I think it probably rubs a lot of folks on even both sides of the ledger a little bit wrong. I keep going back to guys in girls' bathrooms and women having to compete against men in sports. It just seems so bizarre. So you buy, you put aside the offense that Trump might bring to the table, and you look at what he is promising to offer, and you know what, Hank, I'm with you. I hope he delivers. We know we felt very strongly that Kamala Harris was not going to deliver on lower prices or anything like that. So give Trump a shot. It worked out the first time. We all didn't die, the world didn't end, the democracy or republic has firm and strong, and I believe that's still going to be the case after four years of Trump. But we're all gonna find out together. But I really appreciate your thoughtful analysis. And you're reaching out to your fellow black brothers as well as maybe black sisters who will find the grocery prices are lowered down the road. And wouldn't that be a wonderful thing for everybody? God bless you, Hank. Thanks for calling in this morning. I really appreciate Its six seventeen right now, fifty five cares to the detalk station six twenty three fifty five Karsie Detalk Station. Anybody else happy It's Friday, David. That is a Deafmit. Yes, over to the phones. I'm gonna go right now. And I really appreciate all the calls this morning. It's been very refreshing and it does help take the strain off well my voice and well for me having to cough. So let's see what Paul's got this morning. Paul, thanks for calling this morning, and very happy Friday to you, sir.
Speaker 2: Hey name right back at you, Brian, and prayers every day for you.
Speaker 12: Hey, I'm five years out from prostate cancer, so there is a lot of hope and medical improvements and all this kind of stuff going on.
Speaker 2: So I'm hoping only the best for you.
Speaker 1: I can't thank you. And you know what I always have to remind folks, you know, you get cancer diagnosis. I won the lottery of cancer diagnosis. I have low spectrum lymphoma. It sucks, it's got side effects, but my doctors and I'm in good quality care, said Brian, you probably die with it, not from it, so we just stay on it. We'll keep your symptoms at Bay and everything's going to be fine. So my attitude is a very very positive one. But man, I'm telling you that it is just so beautiful that when people wish you well and express concern for you. And that's why I keep going back to folks who are offering prayers generally speaking, Man, that is just it's a wonderful thing. It's just.
Speaker 2: Ohc people. I mean, they are a godsend.
Speaker 1: Yes they are.
Speaker 2: I love them.
Speaker 12: Getting back to my brother Hank, Yeah, I'm white, but he's my brother.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: That's my viewpoint.
Speaker 2: Hey, my family's Democrat. We come from coal miners down there in Harlan, Kentucky, and my dad and his brother, Grandpa, all of them were coal miners. Were always voted Democrat, Democrat, blue and blue. So but in nineteen eighty my dad he said, son, you know, we need to listen to this man named Ronald Reagan, and he said he makes good sense. I know we always Democrat, but I'm going to vote for him this year. And ever since then, we yeah, we held our nose. We said, man, this is strange, this is not right, it doesn't feel good or whatever, but we went ahead and voted, and sure, enough, he turned out to be the one of the greatest presidents in our history. And so to me, when you size everything up, like Hank was saying, I remember on election night twenty twenty, when Biden wins, I'm going up and down the strip on Route four heading into work, A worked third shift, and every gas station was a dollar eighty two cents a gallon every gas station. Now, gas Buddy, if you want to confirm that, just look on gas Buddy and see what the national average was the election night twenty twenty. Yeah, and it was a dollar eighty seven. And during Trump's tenure, my goodness, gas was always under two dollars, and so ever since, and then from that night, from a buck eighty two. On January twentieth, when Biden took office, it was two thirty two. So it went up fifty cents and it's been going up ever since. And so who has control of you know, who's really looking at for my wallet? And if I've had to pay an extra dollar or two or three for every gallon of gas I've had to buy for four years, how is that good for my family? It's not. It is not you brothers, my black brothers, and sisters, please please start thinking with your wallet and you've got to get off this demo crat plantation. Please get off of that Democrat plan taste.
Speaker 1: I love you all, Love you to Paul, God bless you and thank you so much for the well wishes and sound words of wisdom. Six twenty eight fifty five They Talk Station Dave Hatter next smart TVs spying on you first topic of conversation and I cannot wait to hear about that. A little behind time here as we started interest Its Tech Friday with Dave Hatter interest I dot com or you get Dave and the crew working on your computer related your business computer related issues. Dave, welcome back to the program. Struggling with my uh voice this morning. Apologies, congratulations on being the Kentucky elected official of the year. Just saw that notice you are the man. Oh thanks, Let's, without further ado dive into if you don't mind jumping right into smart TVs which are spying on us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have a little voice problem myself this morning. Okay, so we can we can commiserate with each other. Go now. I guess my first question for you when you listening would be, is anyone surprised to know that you're smart TV is spying.
Speaker 1: On not anymore. I just want to know are their options to smart TVs if I want to buy a new TV, are they all smart? Or can you avoid this crap?
Speaker 4: Well, it's really hard to avoid it. I'm not aware of any manufacturer that makes TVs that don't at least have this capability. But here here's the problem with it. And then I'll tell you what you can do to try to limit your exposure because at this point, again, I'm not aware of any manufacturer that makes a TV that isn't smart quote unquote, and you know, people can't see my fingers doing the air quote as we say this. You know all of these sort of IoT devices because these things, you know, they have a perverse incentive versus your incentive is someone that might care about your privacy and security. These things are often, if not normally, made in China. Their goal is speed to market, market share, and ease of use. And anytime you're focused on ease of use, you're almost always at the expense of privacy and security. So again, whether it's something like an ring doorbell or a smart TV or whatever, the smart TVs, I think they are particularly insidious in how they work. If you have concerns about this. Now, I'm not saying that everything this does is some sort of evil plot, but I think it's like so many of these other smart devices, they play off the fact that people don't really understand how any of this works. They don't understand how much surveillance can be done on them, and you know, they don't really go into it with informed consent. As I've said to you many times over the last ten years, if you understand what you're signing up for when you use these things, and you understand the potential risks, and you choose to move forward, well that's on you. You're an adult. Do what you want, right, But I don't think most people really get again, just how invasive this kind of surveillance can be. Now most of these new smart TVs, probably all of them, and you may see the term CTV for connected TV. That's sort of another term you might find if you look into this. You know, they have microphones so you can talk to them. So there's a potential problem. The thing might be listening to you, it could be recording what you're saying. And I would remind folks. In addition to the fact that recent information has come out that a company that people like Facebook works with who claim they are listening to you, because Facebook has claimed they're not. If you think about it, Brian, any so called smart device that you can talk to for whatever purpose must be listening to you in order to know when you wanted to do something right.
Speaker 1: Always scene makes sense to me along those lines, Dave.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So, so with that said, you know, if it has a microphone, it could be listening to you. Some of these things have cameras in them. But the real bottom line, and this is going to be a good segue into another topic this morning, is these TVs come with what's known as an advertising ID, and then that advertising ID when you watch things, is connected back to you, and it might be connected to other devices. So you know a lot of people will use their phone or tablet or PC while they're watching TV. You're coming from the same IP address. It's possible, through the use of cooking keys and browser fingerprinting and things like that, to connect that while you were watching this show, you were also doing this on your phone. That must mean that you like this, So let's sell you some ads. But One of the things they point out specifically in here is a lot of these free channels that are streaming based, they point out to be and specifically are essentially designed for tracking you. And you know, they'll see while you're watching a show, how that show is ranked in terms of like it's psychographic impact on people, and then they'll put ads in there based on that, so you know, again it's collecting enormous amounts of information about you. There was a lawsuit against Visio at one point, like every second they were taking a screenshot of what you were watching. So if you think when you're using one of these smart TVs you have any privacy whatsoever and out by default, you do not. Now I answer your question, what can you do about it? Well, it's tough. I mean I would remind everyone you could buy a smart TV and then just not connect it to the internet, right, you know, use it like an old TV. Now, of course, that's going to significantly limit how the capabilities of the TV. Another thing you could do would be instead of giving your data to let's say a Samsung or a Visio or whoever makes the TV, you could use a different streaming product like a Roku or something now it's going to track you to. It's just a question of who's getting all that data right.
Speaker 1: Right, your laptop would be getting the TV signal, which would be transferred to your TV, which is not hooked up. Meaning whatever protections you have on your laptop like a VPN might offer additional security that a smart TV hooked directly up would not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or I mean you could. There's a lot of different ways you can potentially choke off some of this flow, but a lot of it boils down to going into the settings on the TV itself and seeing what you can disable. You know, can you turn off any of this sort of tracking? You know, use either some kind of privacy settings. Now you get into the privacy washing and the dark patterns of the stuff's hidden, and they don't really want you to turn it off, right. Well, but you may be able to, on any given TV disable some of this stuff. You might be able to, like if something will let me, but if it will let me turn it off, I'll go in and change that advertising idea every once in a while, just so it's harder to track me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know me, I never run a call for legislation, but the technology to turn this stuff off does exist widely in the world. It's not expensive. Everything should have the option to let us decide what goes out into the world. Period end of story, exclamation point, and I'll reserve my explotives for when the microphone is off. Dave, we got to take a break or out of time and six forty fifty five krcity talks station so far behind six forty four fifty five krcity talks. See if we try to make some time back up. Dave had our interest it dot com. Thank you for you and the teams scheduling the segment on Tech Friday, data brokers also tracking our phones. I suppose we shouldn't be shocked by this either.
Speaker 4: You know, again, Brian Good, segue from the previous topic, because this stuff is all related. I just have to once again remind people, as we've done so many times, that these companies that are making extremely low cost products or giving you anything for free, believe it or not, are not making it for free. You become their product. They capture your data, they monetize that data. And I think as we're finding out slowly in chunks, as I mentioned that last segment, we've now seen a company claim that they've worked with companies like Facebook. They're listening to you all the time. So when people say, how is it possible that I'm having a private conversation with my spouse and suddenly I get ads for X, Well, it's due to all of this sort of thing. You know, any so called smart device certainly has the capability to track you in some way if they want to, and most of them do because again, they're either making additional money even if you paid for something, and you know, recurring money, or that's how they're offsetting the cost of whatever they're providing to you for free quote unquote. So this story I thought was really interesting because basically it's saying that they can track your phone using a variety of different techniques, and it comes back to that advertising identifier again. You know, Apple and Google both give your phone an advertising identifier as well as other types of unique identifiers that identify it to the carrier, network and so forth. But the point they're making out here is that you can use this advertising ID to track where the phone is going. They sell this data to various data brokers, and that's how over time, these incredibly detailed and grantular dossiers are built up about you, so you know whether it's location tracking, it's the thing you're viewing, things you're viewing on the phone. Some of this gets sold to data broker X by application Y, some of it gets sold to another data broker. They sell this stuff amongst each other, and then over time again you have this unbelievably granular and detailed dossier about you, where you've been, what you're doing. And you know, I know some people will say, well, I don't care about that. I have nothing to hide, and I would just remind folks. Just in the past six months, we've seen two massive data breaches, the National Public Data Data Breach and mc square. Both of these are background check companies where they have incredibly sensitive information about you. Think about it, Brian, If I had all the background check information about you, I'd know places you worked, places you lived, your family members, all kinds of other information. So whether I wanted to impersonate you and commit fraud in your name, or I wanted to attack you and have legitimacy because I know information that only the legitimate player would know. That kind of data provides that, and the more data that gets collected about you by these sorts of hidden tracking capabilities. You know, that's all feeding into this. Then when it gets breached or leaked, it comes back to bite you. And that's why you should care about these.
Speaker 1: Indeed, and you know judgement Paulitano has mentioned this before, and he's not the only one that's brought it up. When you wonder why a politician votes a certain way which seems to fly directly in the face of what he or she had campaigned on her you previously stood for, you may have the answer right there. Dave Hatter, let's pause. Exactly frightening stuff. Apparently, businesses have lost a lot of money in email scans, a huge amount. It's six fifty to fifty five k RC detoxation interest dot com. That's where you find Dave Hatter and his team. If you have a business, you have computers, and he'll keep you from stepping in it, hopefully best practices and avoiding all the problems. And we talk about speaking and stepping in it, and real quick here we'll talk about the email scans and how much it's cost businesses. Speaking of that, but real quick here, Rick wanted to know, and I think it's a great question, because I don't know, but it sounds good. Can my router be configured to block out going packets from the television?
Speaker 4: Potentially? Yes, It's going to depend on the capabilities of your router, how smart it is.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: One of the things you could do too, to protect your other devices from any smart device would be to set up what nerds like you would call a v land and basically create a separate network inside your network so these smart devices can't talk to other devices. You could potentially, you know, if if the TV is using a domain name or something to send it back to you know, yeah, you could potentially configure your devices to try to block that traffic. The problem, Brian is most people wouldn't even know how to ask that question. You know, you could go online and probably get some help depending on your specific device, It is theoretically possible.
Speaker 1: To do that. Well, there's your next business model there. You need to set out to help homes secure themselves and keep their smart devices from revealing all the information in the world. I think the first thing you do is just don't get an Alexa type device anyway. Business email scams.
Speaker 4: So this is a huge problem, Brian. We see this regularly, and it really you know, it's kind of shocking to me how bad this problem is and how much money is being lost as a result this. The FBI says it's fifty five billion dollars from twenty thirteen to twenty three. I can tell you that I believe it's a lot more than that.
Speaker 1: Businesses don't report it. You've mentioned that so many times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in many cases, unless there's a regulatory reason to report it, they won't. Right I have firsthand knowledge of a company here in Cincinnati that was referred to us after this un unfortunate situation like this. They lost nine hundred and eighty three thousand dollars. Think about that for a second. And this often occurs because people do not have strong passwords, strong unique passwords, and they don't have MFA turned on. If I can get into your email, I can look around in there and figure out, like, well, who do you communicate with on a regular basis? Right now? For a frontline employee working in a factory, maybe I won't ever get access to this kind of information, but I might also be able to move latterly within your network once I'm in there. But if I can get into let's say, like someone that works in your accounting department or your finance department because they have a bad password and or no MFA. I'm eventually going to figure out, if I have enough time, how to get to some money. It often involves fraudulent invoicing or request for wire transfers. I know we don't have time today, but I think I told the story. Not too long after I became mayor and Fort Wright, the city clerk, got an email that looked like it came for me. Wanted to do an international wire transfer, and thankfully, you know, she said, find the world with the city of Fort right, Kentucky, do an international wire transfer. Yeah, picked up the phone and called me, which is always the right answer. Anytime there's any question about something, especially if it's financial, you should stop what you're doing and either call your IT people or your manager or the CEO or whomever and say is this legit? Right? But the scope and scale of this is insane, And I'm just telling people from someone that works in the field. Every day, we see this all the time. These are not ridiculously overblown numbers. Business email compromise is happening all the time, and I just keep trying to remind people. If you make it easy, they will steal your money. Your money has value to them because I often well, I'm too small, I don't even think we're stealing. Well, your money is worth stealing, and they will steal your money if you make it easy. The good news is, well, there's nothing that is bulletproof against this, Brian. There's a lot of things you can do, including training, that will significantly reduce the likelihood of a successful attack. But if you don't take it seriously, and if you allow people to not have strong unique passwords and not use MFA, you are eventually going to fall prey to one of these kinds of scams. It's just a matter of time until they find you with something that's compelling to people.
Speaker 1: Well and find you. They will, and it usually those require an individual on the other side, you know, picking up a phone or launching the attack. They do this remotely with bots and and bot farms, and you know, just flip a switch. You got thousands of basically micro computers going to work trying to get you to you know, respond to an email. Doesn't cost them much money at all, and it's a volume business, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, think about it, Brian, if I could, if I could send you a phishing email that leads to nine hundred and eighty three thousand dollars to me, I just really that's like some Hillary Clinton type return on investment.
Speaker 1: It is cattle futures, and it's a much easier ROI.
Speaker 4: Yes, it is, Yes, it is.
Speaker 1: It's you know, I had to joke about this. You know, if you don't ask, you're you're not going to know. This is like go out and ask every woman you run into if they want to go out, and eventually one of them will. But if you don't ask, they're never going to have someone who said yes. If you send thousands and tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands of phishing emails out in the world, somebody's going to respond and you're gonna get nine hundred and eighty thousand dollars. Maybe Tech Friday, Dave had or intrust dot COM's where you find Dave and the crew you need them if you have problems along the lines of what we talk about each and every week. Thank you Dave for spending time with my listeners and me. I always really truly look forward to the segment and appreciate the sage, wisdoms and advice. Look forward to your next business venture helping individuals and homes avoid the snooping and all the other things that go along with it. Until next Friday, my friend, have a wonderful weekend.
Speaker 4: Always my pleasure, Brian. I look forward to chatting with you next week.
Speaker 1: Thanks, take care brother. Coming to It's six eighty seven and after the top of the our news Taxpayer Protection Alliance Dave Williams will Trump real in government spending. God I hope so that and a few more things to talk about with Dave, and then Steve gorm on the No More Green New Deal and power you Semmon on November twelve. We'll get the details on that at eight oh five. I'll be right back seven oh seven at fifty five ker C Detalk Station. Brian Thomas welcoming back to the fifty five CARC Morning Show. Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance, looking out for where government spending our money, usually in the worst possible places and not minding the financial shop. Find them online at Protecting Taxpayers dot org. Welcome back, Dave Williams, and I'll let you know like I've been letting my listeners know this morning. Sorry for the repetition for those who been listening all morning. I'm struggling with some really deep, long coughing issues, so I'll try to do my best not to stumble. But if you hear me pause, it's because I'm hitting the cough button. Welcome back, Dave Williams. Always love having you on the show.
Speaker 9: Brian, good morning. Sorry to hear you're a little bit under the weather, and listen. I like to talk, so don't worry about us.
Speaker 1: I know you did up the slack. I always enjoy all conversations, David. Let us start off with something that to me is, if not the most important, got to be in the top two most important things, shutting down and reeling in government spending. And I was really excited about it. I think Elon Musk is just a neat guy. He is goofy, he's weird, He's got great ideas. He's obviously brilliant, way way way out of the box, and is thinking but demonstrably successful, brilliant multi billionaire. He knows how to cut government and looks like he's going to have at least some sort of role, perhaps a prominent role in doing that in the Trump administration. Now, if you're a betting man, Dave isn't going to happen.
Speaker 9: Wow, so much to unpack the Yeah, Elon Musk really is a fascinating guy, right Tesla SpaceX. I mean, so many things that he has his hands in, and he's the last month or two he's been talking about this Department of Government Efficiency really going through the federal government looking for a raceful spending, redundant spending, duplicative, you name it. And this really, you know, scratches the itch for me when we talk about doing an audit of the federal government, and that's what he's talking about, is an audit. I remember back in the eighties we had the Grace Commission, and this was a really comprehensive look at the federal government. I mean it was a long time ago, but it really set the tone for auditing the government. And I think, you know what, forty years later, now we can do the same thing. But we have an advantage forty years later. It's technology. We have ways of going inside the government now and I'm hoping and looking and finding a government waste a lot easier than we did in the nineteen eighties, and that's why I'm excited. Now, Brian, I'm not so excited if you look at the history of Republicans when it comes to spending.
Speaker 1: Amen, Trump right there, go ahead, I'm gonna I'm calling out Trump right now. It's one of the biggest criticisms I had. I said, he has never been a deficit hawk. The government spending went up under his administration. Our deficit went up what five trillion under the Trump administration?
Speaker 9: It did you know, and look at before COVID. You know, the Democrats would have done nothing different. During COVID. They would have spent trillions upon trillions of dollars. But let's look at what happened before COVID. When Trump was president, we had a deficit of two point two trillion dollars. That's concerning. That's very concerning. So now he's coming back in January, we're going to have a House and a Senate that's going to be controlled, right Republicans, this is their opportunity to do something, some meaningful reform, whether a speaker Mike Johnson or another speaker who comes in. It's time and it's I mean, it's past time. As as me honest, I mean we're talking. You know, interest on the debt is eight hundred and nine hundred billion dollars. That's interest, that's multiple government agencies put together, spending wise. And that's why this needs to be addressed immediately. But Speaker Johnson has an opportunity to do this. And again, you know Trump has been talking about this. If you're gonna walk, you know, if you're going to talk the talk, you have to walk the walk. But again, their track record isn't great.
Speaker 1: No, it's not because politicians have a difficult time saying no. I mean they're worried about the next election even though the first one. Then the ink isn't even dry on Trump winning the other day, and you know they're already thinking about two years from now and running again. And to cut means you know, boiling it down to its bottom line, pissing some people off. You're gonna have to eradicate jobs in government. Dave, you been following this. The biggest growth in jobs has been government jobs. It's been nothing but expansion of government over decades, and it just got worse over the past three and a half four years. Plage.
Speaker 9: You brought that up because these job numbers where they say we've added three hundred thousand jobs. A lot of them have been government jobs, mean taxpayer funded jobs, and a lot of people don't know that and they think that, you know, it's really an illusion of these jobs gains have been an illusion because they're really not. When the government's adding that means you're subtracting from taxpayers. So, you know, the economy is still it's the economy is struggling. You know, the administration one to put a happy face on it, and you know, they reduced interest rates and did a lot of other things, but we're still in a very weak and tenuous economy.
Speaker 1: Well, and let's look at the nature of government jobs. Unlike the private sector, government jobs live thrive and survive on taking money from us out here trying to be productive and support a basically a consumer consumption driven economy. Government jobs don't create money. They merely confiscate money and spend it on the administration and overhead and office space and you know, fiddling around and issuing edicts and mandates that further restrain our economic activity. It's just it is a you know, it isn't a recipe for making money. It's taking money out isn't that really the final analysis how it boils down, Dave, It.
Speaker 9: Really isn't you know. The best example I can give you is the United States Postal Service versus the private sector when it comes to seasonal hiring. So everyone's ramping up for Christmas and the holidays, you know, deliver packages, deliver mail. Well, what the Postal Service does is they have seasonal hiring like the private sector, but you have the option of becoming full time after Christmas and after the holidays, because the unions have negotiated this with the Postal Service. Now, if you work for the private sector, if it's UPS or Fedexio, no, we're just hiring you until January, and we are going to let you go because it's seasonal. Hence the term seasonal. The Postal Service almost guarantee that if you want a full time job after your seasonal employment, you can have it. So there you have the difference between the private sector and the public sector. And when it comes to stupidity and really bad hiring decisions and you know, economic decisions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's a wonder and I just I step back and I stare at the US Postal Service. How many years in a row. Have they lost billions of dollars? This has been going on for as long as ey as you have been have been talking, if not much longer.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I had a lot more hair when they were making money. You know. It's they've lost what one hundred and more than one hundred billion dollars over the last fifteen years. I mean, this is an entity that has a monopoly on first class mail and they're blowing it. I mean, I would love to have a monopoly in any sort of business, and I guarantee you if I had a monopoly, I'd be making money hand over fist. But for some reason, the Postal Service, and we know a lot of the reasons that the Postal Service just came into it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate this them, and I know that the post guy, that person that delivers my mail is not the one that's to blame. It's the model. It's the system, and it's the refusal of those in charge to well crack down on it for reasons that escape me. Protecting Taxpayers dot orgs where you find Dave and the Taxpayer Protection Alliance at seven twenty fifty five KERCD Talk Station. Happy Friday to you. Somebody's got to look out for our money, and someone is protecting taxpayers dot Org, Dave william and the Taxpayer Protection Alliance. Dave's joined the program, as he does about once a month. And here's an interesting question. Is the future looking brighter? Interesting sort of loaded question, Dave. I guess it depends on which direction we're looking.
Speaker 9: I think the future is looking brighter. Two examples tax reform. We have the tax cuts that are going to expire at the end of twenty twenty five next year. This was Trump's signature piece of legislation, right, I mean, and this gave the economy a shot in the arm that it desperately need. At the end of twenty seventeen and beginning of twenty eighteen, companies sent out thousand dollars bonuses to people. It really was a great time, obviously a year or so before COVID hit. But we have an opportunity to extend the tax cuts to remain competitive around the world, but to make sure that people's taxes are still relatively low. Listen, there's a lot of work to do. I'm not going to lie, but if these tax cuts expired would be awful for the economy. We had the trifecta. Now we have the House, the Senate, and the White House, there is no excuse not to extend the tax cuts. So that's where I'm really really excited about. And there's a commitment, i think, from everyone in the Republican Party to do that. There are differences in the Republican Party on some issues, but not when it comes to tax cuts.
Speaker 3: Energy.
Speaker 9: Wow, this is going to be fascinating. Is he going to restart the Keystone Excel pipeline in Jane? That was Biden's first thing that he did was shut it down when he came into office. I would love for Trump for that to be one of the first things that he does.
Speaker 1: Is there still time to do that? That thing's been flipped on and off more times than I care to even remember over the past what eight ten years? I mean, I've lost track on that day.
Speaker 9: There absolutely is. And what's frustrating is if they if Biden wouldn't have done this, that thing would be pumping eight hundred thousand barrels of oil into this country a day. I mean, that's where we would be, and obviously gas prices would be lower, but there'd be a lot more jobs in that part of the country. And these are good paying jobs, Brian, you know, one hundred thousand dollars jobs. So just it's all good for the economy when we have more oil exploration and more oil coming into this country. And really it's the green energy mandates, you know, just getting rid of these mandates. Listen, if you want to drive an electric vehicle, go for it.
Speaker 1: I don't care, amen, just don't use.
Speaker 9: My money to do it. You know, we're building all of what we're trying to build these charger stations all across the country. I think three or four have been built. But my bigger question is, Brian, can you imagine if they were taxpayer money building gas stations? People would lose their minds. Yeah, rightly, so, I mean rightly. So listen, our money shouldn't be used to build gas stations or charging stations. This is corporate welfare. This should not be happening. So but again, I am very optimistic about energy. Come next year, and you know what we could see, will there be more nuclear plants? Where we see nuclear plants being built. We have tech companies that are now moving to nuclear and trying to open nuclear plants because their data centers take so much energy that they don't want to be a draw on the grid. I mean, this is what the private sector is doing. Is Trump and is Congress? Are they going to move forward with this and say okay, it's time that we move more towards nuclear.
Speaker 1: Well I have a strong gu reaction to that, and the answer is yes. But note Dave that these tech companies, the Googles, the Alphabet whatevers say they're gonna get these modular reactors, and no one in the Biden Harris administration reacts with the hell, no, you're not going to do that three mile while and they actually kind of embraced it. They they didn't say no. So, if you're big and powerful enough that you have enough money, I suppose to donate money to campaigns and spend a billion dollars trying to get Kamala Harris lugged. And you're the one that's going to get a nuclear power plant. But the neighborhood next to the Giant AI facility, sorry, sucks to be you. You're gonna have to live off a windmill.
Speaker 9: You know, You're absolutely right, is that it can't be just for these companies. There has to be a larger deployment of this because it's gonna bring down our energy costs, and that's what kills small business. You talk to any small business, you know, it's the energy costs when you have a spike and electricity cost that kills small business, especially restaurants and the ones that use a lot of electricity. So I agree with you one hundred percent. You can't just favorite the you know, have favoritism towards the big guys. It has to be spread all around the country.
Speaker 1: And again reminding folks that these modular reactors, one size literally fits all. You get the plan, you know how to do it. It's like putting legos together. Got one right here, We're gonna put one over there, and it's gonna be the same design, same principles. They're small, uh, And it's just we don't have to build giant cooling towers and have them next to massive water sources like the old days. That's amazing what technology can do to bring us around cheap energy. But Dave, I keep going back to the fact the green folks, the globalists of the world, do not want us to have inexpensive energy because we're too damned and successful with it and we're too damn consumptive for their perceptive of perception of life.
Speaker 9: Well, and they're kind of backed into a corner because nuclear is a renewable energy. Yeah, it's really the carbon free though it really puts them in a real awkward position, which I love that nuclear energy really is the you know, the answer to a lot of our energy needs at this point.
Speaker 1: No doubt about it. And something that RFK Junior may have something to do with more with Dave Williams coming up next, What is the Pharmacy, Audit and Transparency Act seven and fifty five kerc DE Talk Station Brian Thomas with Dave Williams from the Taxpayer Protection Alliance. All Right, we answered the question or anticipated about Trump reeling in government spending. Please, dear guy, let that happen. The future does appear to be looking brighter, at least in so far as one thing energy policy across the board. Energy policy is in our future, I think quite quite promising along those lines. And moving over to something and I said, Elon Musk or rather RFK Junior may have something to do with it. What is the Pharmacy Audit and trans Pharreency Act?
Speaker 9: Dave, boy, this is a little bit complicated, but let's see if we can get to this. And you know right now, Department of in Human Services, the FDA, a lot of improvement is needed, especially in pricing of drugs. And you have these pharmacy benefit managers who act as middlemen between pharmacies and insurance companies. And it's really listen, whenever a middleman is involved in anything, you know, someone's taking something off the top here.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's like pharmacy benefit managers.
Speaker 9: Yeah. And what they're doing is they're negotiating between the insurers and the pharmacies. So they say, okay, pharmacy, we're gonna give you X amount for a drug. But then they go to the insurers and they ask more. So the pharmacy benefit managers are making money just being a middleman and negotiating prices between insurance companies and in pharmacies. And you know, you look at Ohio, Kentucky and Pennsylvania, a lot of pharmacies are going out of business because of the low reimbursements that they're getting for for the drugs.
Speaker 1: Is there really truly a need for that middleman, Dave.
Speaker 9: No, absolutely not. You know, this was created a number of years ago. Of pharmacy benefit managers, and they're not benefiting anybody. I mean, it's it's you know, healthcare. There's no such thing as the free market in healthcare. Right, You go to the hospital, you have no idea what that procedure costs. And you know, I heard the commercial you had, you know, a couple of minutes. Yeah, I mean it shows you that we need reform in the healthcare system. You break an arm, how much does that cost? How much are you being charged? How much does that actually cost? We never know, And that's why you need to look at this top to bottom, including the costs of drugs and these pharmacy benefit managers.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I've been hearing about pharmacy benefit managers now for years and years, and I just I really don't understand. We go back to modern technology. Maybe there was a time back a while back, before you know, we communicated with emails and had artificial intelligence and could do things sort of very quickly and easily from a communications standpoint. We're not in those days anymore. We've got all this technology. It should be very easy for an insurance company to work directly with the manufacturers to negotiate a price. It's best for their insurance and everyone can be happy and satisfied with it. But throwing that extra slice of bureaucracy in, I mean just by saying that, you know it comes at a significant cost.
Speaker 9: Well, and look at the cause of the problems to Food and Drug administration. It takes twelve years at about two billion dollars to bring a drug to market.
Speaker 1: And unless it's unless it's a COVID mRNA vaccine, which which with complete immunity from any liability associated with the dangers, then they'll put that through in about five se weeconds.
Speaker 9: Yeah, talk about Operation warps it for sure. Yeah. So again, healthcare is a mess, and listen, I don't know if one administration can unravel all the intricacies of the nonsense that's happening. But you have to start somewhere, and you know this is this is a great place to start with pharmacy benefit managers.
Speaker 1: Agreed, Dave Williams again, get him online. It's Protecting Taxpayers dot org Taxpayer Protection Alliance until we talk again. Keep up the great work you're doing, Dave. I always appreciate our conversations, and I know my listeners do as well.
Speaker 9: Brian feel better and have a great weekend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do the same. Man, appreciate that very much. It's seven forty two fifty five Karrosity Talk station. Pardon me struggling with the cough this morning. Real quick. Here as Trump decides who's going to be in his cabinet, and he has named a woman named Susan Wiles. She'll be the first. I know Donald Trump hates women, right, and women hate Donald Trump, but he has appointed Susan Wills to be the very first female chief of staff in history. So, uh, you draw your own conclusions on that. I don't know a whole lot about her, but according to everything I've read about her, she's got really really a savvy, savvy lady. H And a shout out to my dear friend Keegan Corcoran, who is an accomplished Sammier, one of only six hundred of the world to hold the title of Advanced Saier. And since Donald Trump's putting his cabinet together, I know there is no cabinet position for White House samiier, but I found out the other day there is such a thing. So I'm pulling for Kegan Corcoran and his hopefully political connections to end up being the White House Samoier giving him global exposure would not have you a cool job. It's being a Samier and having those kind of skills. Anyway, It's just always been impressive to me. But good luck Keegan of Ignition Wines. He's a wholesaler now. Anyway, he was Jeff Ruby Samier for like almost fifteen twenty years. Anyway, I always admit to standing on the shoulders of giants, and I'm going to do that right now because I love the observations, and quite often i'll do. And I read an op ed piece from the Wall Street Journal and Kimberly Strassel, I think does a wonderful job. And she had a few words for the mainstream media in her op ed from the other day, a landslide against the media, And Kimberly writes, you know, the recriminations are flying as Barack Obama and Joe Biden's forces go to war over who's more to blame for the democrats humilitating defeat on Tuesday. So as long as the leftist pointing fingers, let's direct a big, fat digit at the outfit that played the biggest role in losing this election, the US media that isn't the conventional wisdom which told that the press is naked shilling for Democratic candidates amounts to an in kind campaign contribution, And no doubt, the media's ceaseless attacks on Donald Trump and Republicans did help round up some undecided voters. Yet the boosterism for Kamala Harris and co. Came at a far bigger cost. A narrative full of fantasy enabled Democrats to live in a world disconnected from the mood and worries of the country. Among those damaging of these fantasies was the four year press assurance that Joe Biden was as sharp as attack. Even video evidence in June of a confused president wandering aimlessly at the Group of Seven was met with claims that the footage was edited or lacking contexts or misleading. Only when a Trump Biden debate made Biden's decline undeniable did the media drop the charade. Then it immediately turned to recast miss Harris, a presidential primary loser turned unpopular vice president, as a political genius in the obvious Savior of the Democratic Party. How'd that work out in a world with competent press. Mister Biden's failing failing constitution would have been front page news in time for Democrats to confront the unpleasant yet manageable reality of needed change. A primary would have produced a tested nominee, likely one less unencumbered by the Biden record. As Harris advisor and Obama veteran David Plouff complains that the team Biden created a hole too deep for his sidekick to dig out of. Don't forget the industry whose job it is to call out political fiction, but instead wrote the Joe Is Fine novel. Of course, Democrats are shocked that they lost. In a world with a functioning press. The politician he tries to make lemonade out of inflation, crime, border chaos is slapptis out of touch. In a Biden Harris world, opress printed their spinish gospel. For years, our headlines insisted Americans live in one of the strongest economies ever. Crime rates were following red state governors engaged in stunts to magnify the migrant problem. The biggest issues facing our country were climate, systemic racism, abortion, and transgender rights fantasies were maintained right up to the election, even as Republicans pointed a surging voter registration, unprecedented early votes, and notable demographic shifts. The headlines insisted that Kamala would claim victory on a wave of abortion and Liz Cheney loving suburban women, comedian condemning Puerto Ricans, and white dudes impressed by Tim Waltz's camo hat. No wonder Tuesday was a surprise. The America that voted for mister Trump has never made even made an appearance in these outlets. Democrats now face a choice. On one side, there are party grown ups who are publicly acknowledging this defeat as a sharp voter rebuke of progressive policies. They're admitting that Lawfair was a mistake, that the party is culturally out of touch, that lunatic interest groups are running the asylum. They worry about a growing political realignment that threatens the party's future. We are hearing these voices is an improvement over the past eight years. Yet on the other side, there are the progressive architects of the mess, already rationalizing away the night as a function of racism, sexism in America's supposed love affair with fascism. They mark the loss down to tactical errors, the failure to court pro Palestinian voters, a misallocation of door knockers, poor timing, and adviys. The party just needs better messaging of its historic achievements. No surprise, the media is already running with the latter narrative again, providing the party with a soothing alternative to the blunt reality of its ideological fail Will Democrats be lulled again? If they really want to reconnect with voters, they will at some point have to break with what is proving to be a debilitating feedback loop. The media itself was put on sharp notice this cycle, pushed aside by podcasters and influencers, whom voters now trust more to provide reality. Nearly fifty million people have listening to Joe Rogan's interview with mister Trump, as it provided a more accurate assessment of the GOP nominees' positions and the concerns of the country than the news articles about the authoritarian intent on destroying the climate. Abortion rights, democracy, choose your obsession. The Founder is a court of the press. The honor of inclusion in the First Amendment in recognition of the vital role it plays in keeping poles honest. The industry is meant to ride herd on government on both sides in the interest of the people. That job is essential not only for transparency, but to provide self deluding politician constant gut checks as to how their policies sit with a nation. When that guard rail fails, the nation suffers, but so too does the party that gets to live the make believe brilliance again. Props to Kim Strassel, summon it up wonderfully. Seven fifty four on a Friday. It is that time to catch ourselves a crime server bad guy of the week. Welcome back Officer Lisa Baker and God bless us in sant Police Department for all they do keeping our community safe each and every day. You know, Lisa, Every once in while, I'll play the game guess the crime by just looking at the mugshot. I got this one right today. For whatever reason, Lisa, just indulge. Well, good morning, good morning, and happy Friday to you. Who are we looking for today?
Speaker 6: We are looking for Adam Lofner.
Speaker 13: He's wonder for trafficking and drugs. It counts of fellai, possession of drugs and falsification. I guess you thought he looked like he did drugs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, sometimes I'm not trying to stereotype. And you know, looking at pictures like, okay, he's there's a wanted picture. He's a crime stopper, bag guy of the week. What do you think he did? And the drugs was the first thing that bought my mind anyway, Lisa, I'm sorry, I'm trying to put a smile on my face today. So what are we going to do if we know where this guy happens?
Speaker 13: Be well, Adam Laughner. He's a white male, he's forty years old, he's five ten, one hundred and eighty pounds. He has a history of drug charges. He's lasting on to live on mckenry Avenue and Westwood. So if you know where he is, call crime Stoppers five one three three five two thirty forty, or you can go to pthree tips dot com and submit a tip online and you never have to talk to me.
Speaker 1: And you remain anonymous, and if your tip leaves and the rest you will be eligible for a cash reward. Thanks again, Lisa for indulging me in for the work that you and the police department do for us. God bless you. His pictures on my blog page fifty five Karsey dot com. Have a great weekend, Lisa. We'll get another one next week, seven fifty six. Right now, Steve Gorum, this is going to be a great conversation. He's doing to Empower Youth Seminar next Tuesday about well the Green Breakdown, his book The Green Breakdown, the coming renewable energy failure with the Trump administration keyed up to do an across the board energy policy, perfect time to have Steve on the program. Who'll give us a little insight into the empower Youse seminar that is virtual only, easy to log in from home and get the details when I get back after the news eight o five, a fifty five care CD talk station. I'm very happy Friday to you. You've got an assignment that is to log into empower Youamerica dot org next Tuesday, seven pm. It's a virtual class only register beforehand and learn something. My next guest, and I'm so happy, happy to welcome to the fifty five carsse Morning show. The speaker that night again Tuesday, seven pm, empower You America dot Org. Steve Gorem, a well respected speaker and expert in a bunch of different important areas energy, industry, agriculture, environment, sustainable development, economic trends, climate change, corporate environmental policy. He's written a heapload of books on it, most recently I can't go the whole list. I want to talk to him, but a green breakdown The Coming Renewable Energy Failure gotten five star reviews on Amazon. Walking to the fifty five Carsy Morning Show Steve Gorman is a real pleasure to have you on today.
Speaker 14: Hey, Brian, great to join you again.
Speaker 1: We were having a conversation earlier with the man called Dave Williams. He's with the Taxpayer Protection Alliance, and I was joking around. I have always screamed out loud in the face of all of the people who say no, no, no, no. As far as nuclear power is concerned, I do not believe carbon dioxide is a problem. It's plant food. I don't think I'm exhaling my planet into oblivion. Although there are people on the other side to say it's a real problem. Nuclear power seems to me the answer. Small modular power plants, brand new, modern technology, not your three mile Islands with your giant cooling tower. They have a very small footprint. They are amazingly efficient to producing energy and don't produce any the bad exhalation things that we're all so worried about allegedly, how come we can't have those? Can you answer that question of front, Steve.
Speaker 14: Well, Brian, we all have hopes for these new innovations in nuclear power. The problem with nuclear power really the biggest thing is it's been just too expensive the large plants. Over the last few years. They just put a couple of plants in in Georgia that are working now, but they end up costing over thirty billion dollars and took a decade to do.
Speaker 1: You know why that is, though, don't you, Steve Well.
Speaker 14: A lot of it's regulation. I talked to Yeah, I talked to the guy at the Plastic pipe Institute. He said that when he produces pipe for a customer, it usually takes a couple pages of background. If he does something for a nuclear plant, it takes, you know, like about a half inch full of paperwork. I mean, it's just the regulations are really an issue. So we do need the relief from regulations, but we need some we need some technological breakthroughs as well. We're hoping these new smaller power plants will do that, and it is needed. And we have a lot of guys want to go nuclear now, a lot of the big guys to support the demand for artificial intelligence.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's the other component that is so damn insulting to me, Steve, is that you know, Alphabet, Google and all these massive artificial intelligence global, multi billion corporations, they start talking about it. Most recently, Hey, we can build a small nuclear plant and we can get all the power we need for our artificial intelligence needs. No one seemed to be screaming out loud and objecting to it. Yet if some city wanted to do it, then oh my god, Oh it's going to take ten years. It's going to be billions of dollars. Every single plan under modern regulations has to be individually designed and created. Talking about massive increase. That's why it cost so much in Georgia. These modular plants are like legos, one size fits all. They're small. You build one exactly the same as the other. And we certainly can manage the waste, the nuclear waste that's pretty used by all these plants. It's just not I mean, it's totally manageable with a place like Yaka Mountain.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I think so we really need to depository for waste. There's not a lot of it in each plant. All the plants today are storing it on site because it doesn't require a lot of room. But we need a better solution. So yeah, we're hoping these small nuclear plants. Are something like fifty companies in the United States now they're trying to produce small nuclear plants. So we're hoping these will have some breakthroughs. And as you say, the big guys Meta, Google, Amazon, to support these artificial intelligence processors, they need reliable twenty four hour power, and wind and solar can't do that, so they're looking at nuclear to try and.
Speaker 1: Do that, Okay, and recognize okay, and I'm obviously I think that comes across pretty pretty clearly that I am not a believer that we are personally responsible for all the changes in the temperatures of the world. I do agree that climate does change, because in the state of Ohio, once you had a glacier covering the the whole state. Thankfully it warmed up. There have been times like the many ice Age and different ebbs and flows in the global temperatures that went on for hundreds of years and then gradually shifted back. We all know that how come that happened. Before the Industrial Revolution, we weren't responsible, But now we're responsible, literally for every hurricane that comes in.
Speaker 14: Well, we're actually in the midst of the biggest modern superstition in history. I call it climatism, the fear that humans are causing dangerous global warming. Actually, our new President Trump has used that term on the campaign trio of climatism in the past. But you're right, and I'm going to talk about that in the Empower You podcast. But two bottom lines. A, Today's temperatures are not particularly warm. We've had many times in the last ten thousand years when it was warmer today, when we didn't have cars and power plants. And B human industry is responsible for only a very small part of the greenhouse effect and a very all part of global temperatures, maybe one or two percent, which means if we eliminate all emissions, all carbon dioxide emissions, we probably won't be able to measure the difference in global temperatures. Nevertheless, the world is spent one point eight trillion dollars last year on renewables trying to control the global temperatures. People say, if we all drive electric vehicles, we can stop the oceans from rising. And that's that's really the closest thing to modern superstition, that that you can consider.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and before we might dive into some of the subtler details about that component, let me ask you this question, recognizing what you just said, and I agree with you wholeheartedly. We get a couple of volcanoes or up during some massive wildfires, it negates any effort by us to get particulate out of the air. The question is, then, why are they shoving this down our throat? There clearly was no demand for it within the market. They can't make us buy electric vehicles even though they're shoving them down our throats. It's only market manipulation that has brought this around, regulatory mandates and edicts. So behind the scenes, though, do you know why they are insisting that we do this?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 14: I think the first of the world jumped to a conclusion on this. A bunch of computer modelers back in the nineteen seventies nineteen eighty saw that climate carbon dioxide was rising in the atmosphere, and doctor James Hansen, for example, testified before the Senate in nineteen eighty eight, he said he was ninety eight percent sure the planet was warming and humans were causing it, and the United Nations that very next year formed the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, which concluded humans were causing dangerous warming. And then by nineteen ninety two, only four years later, forty five nations in the European Union signed a treaty saying we would reduce greenhouse gases. They've been arguing about it for the last fifty years. But the temperature rise, we've had a little bit of a rise, but it's far below what the climate models are predicting. We've had a whole bunch of groups that have seized on this. We have whole new industries. We have biofuels and wind and solar. We have deans of sustainability at universities and vice presence of sustainability at corporations. It's become the center of every environmental group in the world, the central issue, and so we have tremendous momentum behind this. But if you really look at the data, the storms aren't getting stronger. The ocean has been rising for twenty thousand years, and it just doesn't the science doesn't support the concern.
Speaker 1: Right, and they have adjusted their projections. They have moved back the deadline by which we're all going to die. I mean, al Gore is screaming about in ten years that New York City is going to be underwater. We know that was more than twenty years ago. So none of it has come true. And yet we continue to chase down this ridiculous path. So again, why, if we know so much more, are they continuing to shove this down our throats in the face of all the evidence to the contra of what they're preaching. This has got to be about something more than saving the planet. And when you talk about the UN embracing something that immediately raises a John Decive skepticism in my mind, because the UN is seemingly the most incompetent organization that exists on the planet in terms of what they're able to accomplish.
Speaker 14: Well. Certainly, many many groups use the fear man made warming for all sorts of objectives. The United Nations is one example. The United Nations has had three big objectives for for many years, and the fear man made warming has served those. One is they want to become an environmental leader globally. The second is they want to redistribute wealth, trying the wealthy nations to the poor nations. Then the fear man made warming does that. And the third is they wanted a global a world government for many years and Jack Sharrock, president of France, said that the Climate Treaty Group was the first example of world government. So we have we have many groups that want to do Another one is computer modeling. Talk about in my second book, The Mad Mad Mad Rule to Climatism, a scientist told us that to set up a computer modeling team to run climate models on a supercomputer costs fifty million dollars and it costs twenty million dollars a year to run. There are thirty of these teams across the world that are running me. So there's a vast amount of money involved. And by the way, if one of those teams says, well we think climate is driven by natural not man made factors, well then their funding isn't going to come through. So there's a tremendous amount of value that various groups get from this. And you know, we have tens of thousands of consultants across the world that are vising companies. How to reduce their greenhouse gases. But again, I think most people are sincere. It's just that they're mistaken. The science and the economics don't support what we're trying to do right now.
Speaker 1: Well suffer the little children come unto me. They start teaching this good Man is responsible nonsense to children in elementary school, and it begins from there, and people can't turn their back. It's like turning your back on your lifelong religion. You know, there must be a Christian out there in the audience, ask them to renounce Christ and then be like, oh my god, are you crazy? That would never happen. That's kind of this what this has become. It's just this, it's a new religion.
Speaker 14: Well, and it's throughout the schools. As you mentioned, University of California, San Diego has just made a climate course of requirement to graduate. We have instances in Washington State and in Utah where teachers are feeding kids insects in class with the lesson that they shouldn't be eating beef because of the climate. So, you know, this is not a good thing. But it is all going to come down. That's what green breakdown is about. It's going to take a decade or two, but the world's going to get back to sensible policy again.
Speaker 1: So you are optimistic along those lines.
Speaker 14: Well, I am, and I hope I'm around long enough to see this turnaround. But we see a lot of signs that this is changing already. We have this big speed bump that electric cars have hit. Electric car shares in the US and Europe have fallen this last year. We have all sorts of problems with offshore wind, and we now have mister Trump elected and he's going to change a whole bunch of things, maybe even restarting the Keystone pipeline. He said he's going to get rid of government mandates, to get rid of gasoline cars. That's going to be difficult, though. He's got to get the EPA to change their policies. We'll see if he can do that. But we see this around the world. By the way, Europe is pulled back as well from a lot of agriculture and climate measures, and a lot of conservatives were elected this last year in Europe and they opposed these policies. So I think things are starting to shift, but we'll just have to see.
Speaker 1: Steve Gorham is going to be doing this empower you someonear on this topic next Tuesday, beginning at seven pm. It is a virtual class only he's going to empower you America dot organ log in. I encourage you to do that. And the other elephant that room going back to the UN and it wanting to be the global dominance and established this one world government and wealthree distribution. I get all that and agree with that being the probably core motive. What of China and India and other countries who continue to build coal plants dirtier than ours, belching out more pollution than we retract from the planet with all of our unbelievably costly efforts. They don't seem to caroll wit and no one seems to be pointing to them and saying, well, wait, wait, wait, what about China? What about India? They're not doing anything and they're polluting more than anybody on the globe.
Speaker 14: Well it really we have many many nations developing right now and they use hydrocarbon fuels. Earlier this year, John Carey called for the end to all coal fire power plants across the world, said none should be allowed. But that's an amazing statement. Today coal provides thirty five percent of the world's electricity. Yet we still have seven hundred million people that don't have access to electricity, and there's another two billion people who have blackouts and brownouts every other day because they don't have enough power. So if you if you're running an air conditioner in Cincinnati, you use more electricity than a third of the people in the world. That one appliance uses more electricity than a third of the world's people get to use on any given day. And uh, mister Carey saying that let's get rid of co fired power plants is like Marie Antoinette saying, if the port don't have food, let them eat cake. I mean, it's it's really crazy. So, uh, there's going to be a need. And what you do in Ohio as far as the greenhouse gases, it's going to have no effect. The rest of the world is going to go and do what they're going to do. But the great news again is that CO two, as you say.
Speaker 1: Is makes grow.
Speaker 14: It isn't buzzing dangerous warming. So that's that's the real, powerful and possible positive note of it all.
Speaker 1: I don't even scratch the surface for everything I wanted to talk with you about today. Steve, and sadly we're out of time. We're going to get more time with you though. Empower you America dot or log in virtually from home. It's easy to do. Empower your America Dot or just clicked the little register. You'll be there at seven pm Tuesday. Steve, thanks for the time you spent with me today. And I also encourage my listeners to get a copy of your book Green Breakdown the Coming Renewable Energy Failure. Just go to Amazon and order copy of that. Steve, thanks again for everything that you do. Thank you, Brian, my pleasure. It's a twenty here fifty five k see THEE talk station. It's a twenty nine on a Friday, and a happy one to you. Have you had some wonderful plans going on for yourself this weekend. Five one, three, seven fifty five hundred, eight hundred and eighty two to three talk pound five fifty on AT and T phones. I love hearing from you. I've got a lot of calls this morning. I really appreciate it. I've been mentioning all morning as an apology to my listeners struggling with the cough suppression this morning, and I did bring my wife was like, take the cough syrup with the day. I got this codeine, you know, prescribed cough syrup, and I've been avoided in taking it because well, it does make you kind of loopy. God knows what might come out of my mouth. Danny Gleeson covering for the vacationing Joe's record today, he's in there laughing, going yep. So anyhow, if you'd like to call, that's fine. I do have some local stories too, dive on into, so let's go ahead and do that. Some sad news and local stories too. A little bit depressing for a Friday, especially. We got a Loveland man facing murder charges and connection with the death of his three month old daughter. He claimed she fell off at changing table. The indictment says thirty three year old and do Camera facing an aggravated murder charge, three counts of murder, two counts of felonious assault in four counts of endangering children and connections with the death investigation all ten counts felonies. AFFI David Fouled in court stated Gosh and police officers showed up his home on East Meadowbrook Drive six fifty roughly in the morning. On Monday, after he called nine to one one told dispatchers the baby girl was experiencing breathing problems after a fall. Court records say he told Goshen officers during the interview he was changing the child. She fell from the changing table. Taught officers she was faced down on the floor. Heeded her up and called nine to one one. He said he performed CPR as instructed by dispatchers until the EMS showed up. Officers were on their way. They were told that the child had stopped breathing. First responders took it up Bethesda North Hospital, but she was later transferred to since Ant Children's and placed on life support. Sadly, the child succumbed to her injuries and was pronounced dead at about twenty after ten pm the same day. Report from the Corner's office sent the next morning listed three month old Evelyn Cameras having died Monday. Since Anti Children's, though the circumstances were still noted as pending. Court records state and MRI showed quote a substantial amount of hemorrhaging closed quote around the girl's brain after she died. Corners performed an autopsy on Tuesday, which showed significant internal trauma to her brain, spinal column, and liver, released from the office of Claremont County Prosecutor Mark to Colby quote due to the multitude and severity of the injuries suffered Evely by Evely and various professionals have indicated those injuries did not occur as reported by camera as the Sinsint Children's Hospital Medical Center was fighting to save the life of I'm sorry that got caught off. Beyond that, clearly, I guess if this was the five o'clock hour, we might be going ahead and giving an award for that one. We'll just kind of let it ride at this juncture. Westbound I seventy four completely shut down this weekend between I seventy five just to the west of southbound Beakman Street, according to how Department of Transportation, all part of the I seventy five I seventy four Mill Creek Expressway project and in preparation for the next round of paving. Motorists from mind to be cautious ad here to post it reduced speeds when traveling through construction work zones and detours detours suggested by ODOT. Westbound Ronald Reagan Cross, Canada, southbound I two seventy five, then over to westbound seven four, westbound US fifty to westbound seventy four, and I Ohio one twenty eight to westbound I seventy four. On ramps from northbound and southbound Beacon Street Coleraine Avenue to westbound Ice seventy four will remain open, So obviously some issues there. It's seemed to be having problems with roads around here, of lay, don't we. We got a man found to be making this is weird pipe bombs in his Goshen Township shed. Thirty one year old Ricky Lewis the second has been charged with two counts of possession of a dangerous ordinance. According to the Claremont County records, These charges stem from November one, when document state officers were flagged down by Lewis as a strange girlfriend. Yeah, strange girlfriends do that, won't they? She reported police, according to the court documents, that her gun was missing slash stolen from her home on State Route one thirty four, So apparently she's said. She asked him why he was making pipe bombs. He said it was so that he would have protection. I guess at some point down the road, sergeant observed green metal ammo can, two separate metal pipes that closed caps on both ends, a red colored fuse inserted in the middle of the pipe with adhesive around the base, along with a rifle, powder and large amounts of ammunition search weren't obtained by since ant bomb squad responded and removed the pipe bombs. Alcoholic to back on firearms also showed up to help with the investigation. Shocking literally no one and father of twin baby girls indicted on multiple counts following the death of one twins and injuries to the other. Klemont County Prosecutor said, Oh, that's the same guy, Andrew Kamer, same guy who got indicted for aggravated murder, of felonious assault and dangering children. So I guess there's one more involved. That's where I got those two stories mixed up, and I sincerely apologize for that. I'd love to be able to play the codeine cough syrup, but as I pointed out before, I didn't have any of that. Feel free call it is Friday, folks. I hope you can appreciate the potentially lower bar of seriousness I'm engaged in the day again. I'm struggling with this cough. It's eight thirty five. Feel free to call and save me here at fifty five kr S DE talk station eight thirty nine on a Friday five one, three, seven five eight hundred eighty two to three talk fifty on at and T phones. What a wonderful thing listener lunch was this week at Ron's rus really enjoyed the celebration and of course the company. And it's always a real pleasure when Andrew Pappis, former Anderson Township Trustee, can swing by even for a little bit. Drew, Andrews great sceneing he did this this week, and thanks for calling this morning.
Speaker 15: You know what, Brian, it really was great seeing you and seeing all those smiling faces over there at Ron's Roost was really amazing. It was, and there were a lot of tired faces, not gonna lie, everybody was kind of dragging, including that, but yeah, but you know what, it was well worth it. And uh, not to gloat too terribly much, but you know, the sun seems a little brighter today, the air seems a little fresher today, and America definitely is waking up to a very bright future.
Speaker 2: In my very humble opinion.
Speaker 15: But I was gonna I was gonna just say I didn't get a chance to tell you I really enjoyed earlier this week having Christopher Smith Amen there in studio rather than on the phone. I mean, I Christopher and I get along very well. We don't agree on every issue. That does but and that's the beauty of America. And I really enjoy Christopher's perspective on things and the way he might help me look at things differently and vice versa. And I really think that hopefully that might be a trend to continue, because, as you you know, as I know, being in is a little bit easier sometimes than being on the phone.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I love when people are in the city, look at me in the eye, have a regular conversation which the listeners can enjoy. And you don't have that. You know, quite often the cell phone breaks down or you know, all the complication goes along with it, but there's really no substitute for face to face communication. So I also welcome the opportunity for that to happen. And you know, he's got obligations with him getting his daughter to school, and of course he has his own business as a financial planner. So I'm not going to put any pressure on him, but you know, as far as I'm concerned, the door is wide open for that to happen again and more regularly.
Speaker 15: It's good to hear because, as I said, I really and I think all your listeners. As a matter of fact, I know all of your listeners, and I did hear the listener yesterday that kind of seemed to catch everybody off guard, how he's not going to listen anymore. He was upset and whatever. But you know, I'm seeing I am enjoying, and I hope the listeners are. I've been going to the Libs of TikTok and watching the meltdowns of the Liberals over the election yesterday or tuesday, and I got to tell you, it's quite enjoyable. It's providing me with hours and hours and hours of entertainment.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 15: You know, it's it's just an you know, it's an argument for perhaps that we really need to focus on mental illness in this country because it's on display, and you know, listens as you and I, perhaps at least me myself. I won't speak for you, but you know I was upset the last four years and you know, if you look at the poll or the election results, and you look at the election of twenty twenty, you really do begin to wonder where did all those votes, extra votes for Biden come from. I'm not here to you know, we're not going to refight that, but I mean it does make you task to John Dee Aiah and you're like, holy cow, where did you know his vote suddenly appeared? And then the next election they're gone into the ether. But I will say this the amount of entertainment simply watching people unable to process their emotions. I didn't like the twenty twenty elections, but you didn't see me flipping out, you know, bearing my soul and crying and gnashing of teeth. I just put my head down, went back to work and you know, lived my life. I'm not going to let an election dictate my happiness. It might I might be upset, but you know life goes on.
Speaker 1: Yes, it does, absolutely. And it's an excellent point you're making there, because you know, if I've always pointed out, if you allow the other side, and it doesn't matter which side of the political spectrum you're on, you know, we'll say there's two sides. We know there's more than that. But if you let the other side get so under your skin that it's impacting your life, your emotions, your relationships with your family. We're talking about politics here, for God's sake. That means they've won. You can chalk them up with a little hashtag victory mark on their side because they've gotten simply under your skin and made your life miserable. Don't allow them to do that. I mean I was happy under the Obama administration. Know that I think the world was come to an end. No that I cry, No, of course not. You know, was I happy in the aftermath of the Trump administration across the board? No, the guy spent five trillion dollars more than he took in. That pissed me off. I can't avoid that, and I know it might happen again, but Lord knows. At least with the idea of the guy like Elon Musk being around and promising to curb the size of government, there is a possibility. With Republicans government hopefully got the House, they've already got the cent and the presidency. Maybe we can bring pressure to bear on the right side of the Ledger to actually engage in some cutting, so we're not overspending ourselves into oblivion. Lord almight know.
Speaker 15: And I got and I got to say the two things I'm most excited about, and I'm stunned. I'm actually a little surprised, I'm saying it. You mentioned one of them. I'm most excited about Elon Musk and putting his brain power and insight into the workings of government. Maybe, but you know, you know the one I'm really excited about. And I mean, I'm stunned I'm saying this. I really am. I'm excited about Robert F. Kennedy Junior puting an eye to the FDA and our food supply because I you know, I don't agree with him on a lot of issues. Yeah, yeah, but I respect the man's knowledge and I respect his his insight into health and wellness because look at him. The man is a physical specimen. And I got to tell you he knows his business. And I'm really excited about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I share your excitement. I think I've mentioned before you're like Elon Musk. I think he's a great guy. He's goofy, He's done some goofy stuff, and he's an out of the box kind of weird, sort of outlier guy, but overall demonstrably brilliant and he is a problem solver and he knows how to run a business. So that's me excited. But I feel the same way about RFK Junior. He's on the wrong side of the Ledger for me, with the Green New Deal kind of crap. But yeah, he's intelligent and what will he do? Much like Christopher Smith of an Independent, he comes from a different side of the political spectrum of a certain degree, and he offers an alternative perspective that will at least get us engaged in a conversation about it. It's not an echo chamber when you've got an administration that's conservat and presumably the Trump administration will be. You got RFK Junior in there stirring the pod a little bit. It's going to force people to actually talk about it. I want that it's good for the country.
Speaker 3: And argue with that.
Speaker 15: There's no point what I've learned through my very brief career in politics and on this planet, you know, being in a room with the people with you know, ten people that agree with you, and you all are just sitting there around saying, oh, yeah, we're right. We're right, really doesn't move the ball down the field. You have to open up your perspective a little bit. I mean, I'm not saying give up your principles, but man, you know, welcome in some outside perspectives. And that's the amazing thing about the most amazing thing about this Trump campaign is the coalition of really different bring views that have come together to put this man over the finish line. And I think the next four years are hopefully going to be truly transformative for not only our country, but for politics in general.
Speaker 1: Amen to that, Andrew Pappas, thank you so much for calling. I truly appreciate you listening to the program and chiming in from time to time. And I'll look forward to running into again India again real soon, maybe at listening to Lunch of Price sal Chili next in the first week of December. Take care of your brother, have a wonderful weekend. Eight forty seven. Janet is on the line. Janet, You're going to be next. If you don't mind holding for a moment, take quick break, stick around right here. Fifty five kre C DE Talk station eight fifty one Agree.
Speaker 16: Ho me, It indeed can be depending on where you're looking at it.
Speaker 1: Even if you're the most politically angry person in the world right now, it is still a wonderful world. You're just not looking close enough. God bless all my listeners out there. And I'm going to jump over to the phones because Janet is on the line. Janet, I saw the article this morning. I even mentioned about the racist text messages. There was a local story about it, but apparently they went out to New York, Alabama, California, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Tennessee talk about plantations and was sent to black people. Just absolutely appalling. Welcome to the show. I'm glad you brought this up.
Speaker 17: Well, Brian, I think it was so blatantly obvious that it's somebody anti Trump, anti Trump supporters. Clearly it was signed a hashtag. It was signed a hashtag mega hashtag Trump supporters. Come on, people, let's don't let them divide.
Speaker 7: Okay, there are.
Speaker 17: You know, let me explain the access of evil. I ran China, Russia. Okay, those are the enemies, not US. Okay, it's not black against white. Please wake up, Please do not let this cause problems. These are haters that are have great angst. It could be pro African American outfits. It could be anybody. It could be somebody on the other side of the continent. It could be China. It could But you know, after Russia Gate, it sounds so stupid, the whole thing. I don't want to detail, you know, the stuff that was so hanos so the prostitutes with Trump put the prostitutes in the Russian bult crap. It sounds a lot like that. It's that blatantly racist. I don't know how can anybody fall for something that.
Speaker 1: Honestly, Janet, you're right, and let's just move back a step. Do you really think even any individual out there who's screaming about how this is some kind of reflection, a reflection of Maga folks or Trump support anything, do you really think they believe what's coming out of their mouth, Given how easy it is to do exactly what was done. We've got everybody in the world on TikTok. They have vacuumed up literally every ounce of information on your phone. In that particular case, the Chinese Communist Party, it's you're the one who've given them all the information. So yes, they know what race you are, they know what religion you are They know what political side of the ledger you want, They know all about you. It doesn't require some maga group to send this out, although it's possible they could, it wouldn't be in their best interest. And yeah, are there racists in the world, Yes, would they benefit by stirring the pot and bringing attention to themselves to doing this because you know the FBI and others are going to be looking into it. Hell no, they wouldn't. It's ridiculous, it's a hoax, it's stupid, it's offensive, and let's just call it what it is, just one more effort to piss people off and stir the pot of division. As you point out, Janet, let's enjoy our weekend. Let's live in peace and harmony. Let's put our political differences aside, or at least collectively try to work toward a better place for all of us without this ridiculous fake stirred up division.
Speaker 17: It could be hostile from other from either side anywhere.
Speaker 1: Absolutely No, that's the point of it.
Speaker 2: You make multiple sides.
Speaker 17: Our enemies are, Our enemies are not each other. Please people, just please, I wish we should. I don't know how much to stress that we cannot let that kind of thing. We've got to understand who the enemies of America are. They fear Trump because they know he is going for as far as born domestic policies go. He's going to clean their clocks if if he needs to.
Speaker 9: We'll see, he's going to do what it takes.
Speaker 1: We'll see. As far as that goes, we're tea leaf reading. But as far as our reaction to that particular ridiculous text goes, I think we should all just write it off as just one more in a long line of fake Oh, I almost dropped an FCC bomb there. Danny gonna do the dump button on myself. We all know what I was gonna say, though Barbaris Dreice had. I know. I combat myself on the back for catching myself. I have to do that so many times during the Morning Show, every single day. I've made it this long. I'm closing out my eighteenth year. Haven't screwed up yet. Knock Wood Tune in Monday for Christopher Smith in the Monday Morning Smith event. He's not on the rundown that as I see it yet, but I presume Brian James and Monday Monday as well I hope you can tune into that if you didn't get a chance to listen to live podcast Tech Friday with Dave Hatter. Smart TVs are in fact spuying on you. We got data book brokers tracking your phone and business email scams. Oh my god, unbelievable amounts of money being soaked up. Dave Williams from the Taxpayer of Protection Alliance on whether Trump might reel in government spending and the brightness of our future and the Pharmacy, Audit and Transparency Act. Plus Steve Gorum Important Power You, Empower, You Summon our Next Tuesday seven pm on well green policies. He's written multiple books on that, and I'm on his side of the ledger on that. You can log in from home. It's a virtual class. Details and information at fifty five KC dot com. Danny Gleason, thanks for coming for Joe Strecker. You always do a wonderful job. Folks. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Don't go away. Glenn Beck's coming right up.