Speaker 1: A twenty eight to fifty five KRCD talk station. Happy Tuesday. It's that time of the week where we get to do a deep dive. It's the Daniel Davis Deep Dive. Search for it you'll find a podcast and the retired lieutenant colonel loves talking about Ukraine and this in Russia. Welcome back, Daniel, my dear friend. Good to see you.
Speaker 2: Good Tuesday morning. Tell you how are you, Brian. I'm doing well. I'm doing really well.
Speaker 1: Now I help me make sense of this. Donald Trump says we need to stop you and we want the war to end. I mean, he says it over and over again. He wants to stop the war. I get that. I hope the war gets ended. I don't want to see loss of human life anymore. And I sure as hell don't want to see billions and billions of additional dollars flowing into Ukraine. And you and I have talked many times about the virtual, if not genuine, impossibility of Ukraine prevailing over Russia, and Russia keeps making more and more inroads. That's established. So Trump told reporters last week, I'd like to see that war end.
Speaker 3: We're looking to.
Speaker 1: Do a deal with Ukraine, where they're going to secure what we're giving them with their rare earth and other things, meaning the minerals. And they have a very large mineral supply in Ukraine from what I understand, so they have something to bargain with. But that sounds like in return for US giving them more weaponry, they're at least gonna pay for it with with minerals. Is that doesn't sound like an end of the war. That sounds like an extension of it.
Speaker 2: Well, it's it's it's really unspecific what the administration intends with the deal, a deal to do what that's what's literally not been speculating, either by Zelensky or by Trump team, because on the one hand, it seems to me and trying to read between the lines, that Trump is saying that we're gonna help you guys achieve an end of the war. I won't say peace, but certainly an end of the war on terms that maybe you can like as long as I get something out of it. I don't see him even implying Trump I'm talking about that he would continue to support the war to get minerals, that there would be some kind of a military victory for them. So that's the way I think, and I think that's the most plausible, even for Zelensky, if he can hang on to anything. I think the hope is that Trump will negotiates some kind of an end of war termination deal that is at least tolerable to the key of side.
Speaker 3: But Brian, I don't think that there's a deal like that to be had.
Speaker 2: So I think that everybody, from Zelensky to Trump and everybody else who's trying to get this kind of a deal is going to be surprised how it turns out.
Speaker 3: If that is what they're thinking.
Speaker 1: Well, I would imagine, you know, we rebuilt Germany and we've been trading partners with them since World War Two, that after this war is concluded, however it gets concluded, and I think you and I agree that it's going to require some major concessions of land to the Russians, but that we would be a trading partner with what's left to Ukraine, we'd be happy to buy their minerals.
Speaker 2: Well, certainly, I think that's what he's trying to bank on. But the problem is if the deal doesn't also include the Russian side of this, and if they're not also in agreement with how it turns out. That's where the big disappointments are going to come in at the moment. The majority of where these theoretical minerals actually are or potential because there some of them were literally married, buried miles under the ground. So it's not like they can just go to the bank and make it, you know, a withdrawal of these minerals, and it takes a lot of a lot of lead time, and I mean it'd be multiple years before you could actually mine enough of this stuff, reprocessed it, et cetera.
Speaker 3: And a majority that's under areas.
Speaker 2: Already controlled by the Russians, and the way things are going there even more that's gonna be done. So if you want to make a deal because you want to get something for the United States afterwards or whatever you're Zelensky, you want to make a deal, you also have to be able to look at the other half of that equation. Will the Russians agree to that deal? Because right now they're in a position of power to they can come closer to dictating terms than anybody in the West.
Speaker 3: Or in Kiev.
Speaker 1: All right, fair enough, it's not gonna get over today. We know that Daniel Davis pivoting over Hamasa's I guess through with the deal. They claim Israel violated the terms of conditions of the ceasefire. What has been troubling me is they freed twenty one hostages and they're not in very good shape, as we saw the other day. They have obviously been starved and mistreated. But the Israelis have given up seven hundred and thirty Palestinians. They were supposed to give several hundred more this weekend in return for three more of the hostages that Hamas is holding, and I think some are speculating, I believe Donald Trump himself wondering whether the many of those hostage are even still alive, given the poor condition of the ones they released.
Speaker 2: Well, look, there's been a strange way for these hostages to come out. You may recall that when I think the first batch of four women hostages were released, they were actually in very good help. So it seems that there is the Palestinians for or the Hamas rather for whatever their own motives are. Feed some and treat some well and some not. It seems like the men were not treated well and the women were. There's some reports that the Palestinians were saying, Hey, you know you've been starving us, You've been even the food for our people, so we're gonna do the same thing to your hostage as something like that. But it's it's really hard for me to see how the Hamas side benefits from slowing this down and changing three for as you said, they could get hundreds more in return. So I don't know what their play is here, but it's again you talk about leverage and who's got it. They don't seem to have a lot of leverage and not much to gain that I'm seeing, So it's a bit of a head scratcher for me.
Speaker 1: I guess they're really inviting Isra to launch military action again.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's I mean this, you know, and there's already a lot of talk about that that's what's coming anyway, and Trump is not been very shy about talking about, you know, that he's gonna help Israel. And there's a huge i think like nearly seven billion dollar new aid package talking about going out the door. So it wouldn't seem that Hamas would have some motivation to help that along to their demise, So maybe there's something else going on here. I can't see because what we can see just doesn't really make a lot of sense.
Speaker 1: Well, and something else doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Each Trump's talking about owning Gaza, and he speaks about it in pretty stark terms. But what I wanted to pivot over to it is a nightmarish landscape in Gaza. All the images we get out of it, it's just it just seems uninhabitable.
Speaker 3: It does.
Speaker 2: And I think that that's one thing that the West needs to get a deeper understanding of, and especially Trump and his negotiating team, that to the Palestinian people, even that landscape, that hellish landscape that Trump accurately describes, is their identity. And you know, Trump was saying, look, I mean, I'll see this stuff, how would anybody want to live there? We want to give them a nice place somewhere else in Jordan, Egypt, elsewhere to go to. But it's not about where you you know, the kind of living you want to have. It's about where their ancestral homeland is. So if people think that they will willingly go somewhere for a better land, I think they're going to be disappointed because they don't want to go anywhere else. They just want their land, and right now they're apparently willing to die for So we need to be sure we understand how serious they are about not wanting to leave.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: And I think the Egyptians and Georgianians are full on record saying they don't want the Palestinians even for a short period of time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're not.
Speaker 2: And because people don't understand also that and I was looking at some re horts literally just a few minutes before we came on air, that Jordan has taken in somewhere close to three million Palestinians over the years already, and another nearly one million Syrian refugees from that civil war.
Speaker 3: And so they are bursting at the seams.
Speaker 2: They simply can't take anymore, certainly, not in any large numbers. So if Trump's thinking he's going to pressure in which I think he said to Brett Bear on that Super Bowl interview, I don't think that they're going to be able to. And apparently King Jordan, King of Jordan, is going to talk to Trump I think as early as tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do believe he's in town for a meeting here in Washington, d C. If I read that correctly, Abdullah, Yeah, yeah, all right, And finally looks like Tulsa Gabbard's going to get it, gonna get the approval. And I know you feel pretty good about that one.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's heading to I think that the Senate had what they call cloture yesterday that's basically paved the final way the final vote will be I think like just a couple of hours from now, and by all estimations are she's going to pass through that and then be sworn in as the Director of National Intelligence tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Well, that'll put a smile on your pace based on all the comments you've made on the morning show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it should do, you know what, It should put a smile on everybody's face in America because, as I say, I think that's the best pick that Trump made of any of his senior advisor positions the government because of her her capabilities to do the job.
Speaker 3: I think it's going to be a big win for Trump and the US.
Speaker 1: Every Tuesday in the fifty five Casey Morning Show, The Daniel Davis Deep Die with retired Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis, you can find the podcast at fifty five charasy dot com until next week.
Speaker 3: My friend, have a wonderful week. God bless you, God bless you.
Speaker 1: Sir A thirty seven little but he thirty eight fifty five cars to the Talks day and coming up on Ask the Expert, we get one of the great doctors from OHC today, it's doctor J. Jdev Metu who is a medical on collogist and hematologist to talk about clinical trials and hopefully give us some great news about some new treatment protocols and some positive information in the fight for cancer, because cancer sucks. Eight thirty eight fifty five krc DE Talk station.
Speaker 2: This is fifty five krc an iHeartRadio station a u Lin.
Speaker 3: They know going the extra mile to