Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome back to a new episode oh the Poker Go Podcast. My name is Donnie Peters. His name is Tim Duckworth. As I adjust my mic stand right now, probably going to create some great audio for producer Rich Ryan to fix. But whatever, we're back. Baby. It's been a while. But it's December first, it is twelve fifty three pm. It is officially my birthday month. My wife decides to, you know, tell me it's her birthday month, it's her birthday week, whatever the heck. So you know I'm gonna do the same. You know, it's my birthday year as far as I'm concerned. Wow, yeah, exactly. On today's show, we had a lot to catch up on. We're gonna talk about the NPT Las Vegas. They had a bunch of PGT qualifying events that were part of that schedule, so we'll hit on those. Texas PLO round up finished up. Tim was down there at Champions Club, so he's gonna check or he's gonna get us up to date on what happened down in Texas. Austin, right, he's Houstons. I always do that. I don't know why. I don't know why. I always think Austin. I want to touch on these other big tournaments that happened around the world, AP APT Championship. I'm probably gonna butcher that because you know, you and I used to go to the APPT.
Speaker 2: Quite a lot, so you never went to the APT.
Speaker 1: I've never gone to the APT. I've only been to the APPT and the A and ZPT. There you go, B s Op Millions wrapped up and then currently running right now WPT Seminal Rock and Roll Poke Roping I believe is the one that's running right now. I do want to just quickly there's been a lot of drama in the Twitter world of the past what two weeks now or so. Yeah, we're not gonna get too much into it, but maybe we'll just give some quick takes, right, you know, we'll just quickly touch on things. We'll move on. And yeah, as always, if you are listening, please do favorite the show, leave a review, and if you do leave a review, send it on a podcast at PokerGO dot com. We might read it on air. If you're watching on the poker Go YouTube channel, like subscribe, comment all of that good stuff. We love to see where you guys are watching us from where you are tuning in from not too many giveaways on this show. We were wrapping up things. We did give away our podcast to the seat right, so that's done and dusted. But there is one more dream seat to be one there is and it belongs to somebody on Play Poker Go Poker gro and Play Poker Goro have teamed up to award a dream seat into the PGT Million Dollar Championship. All you have to do is go to play poker go dot com play single hand a free online poker. But it ends December tenth, so we got ten days left as of time of recording for you guys to get in there play your single hand of free online poker. Someone's gonna win that seat. They're gonna come out to Las Vegas in January. They're gonna play in that million dollar free role five hundred thousand dollars first place prize. It will be about fifty players, you know, give or take in that field, so you got a pretty good shot at winning half a million dollars. Of course, no purchase necessary. You do have to be twenty one or older because you know, you got to be able to come out here and play in the Studio US residents only. Full rules and details can be found at PokerGO dot com slash rules. All right, First things first, goll Ye Frock wins the NAPT Las Vegas main event. Now, this was not a PGT qualifying event. I don't know how many questions you feeled about that, but I think I feel two dozen you know what? Or you know is this PGT qualifying? Why isn't it PGT qualifying? All that sort of stuff. Anyway, the Frock gets his largest live tournament score. He wins five hundred and forty three thousand dollars. Now he did make a deal with Thomas Boyven heads up, they chopped it I think even, and left some need to play for Boyven had a large chip lead throughout much of the final table, the large majority of it. It was interesting because I was watching the stream and Boyvin he took a large chip lead into the final table, and then I think when he got down to three handed, it was Boyvin e Frock and then Jen Shahati and Boyven asked to look at the numbers, which I thought was interesting because he had such a big lead, Like why would you why wouldn't you just play for it? All. It was a kind of a combination of Shahati and e Frock when Boyven wanted to kind of negotiate better terms for him because he believed he I have this correctly, if my memory serves me, kucy that he wanted a little bit more than ICM because of his chip stack and everything. But Shahati was like, you know, let's just let's just play for it, you know, let's just play. So anyway, they end up playing for it. Jen Shahati goes out third, then there's a deal struck between e Frock and Boyvin. E Frok ends up coming back taking it all down. So it was e Froc on top, five hundred and forty three thousand dollars, boy then second, five hundred and eighteen k Shahati third, two hundred ninety one thousand. Ekram Boskirt fourth satellite winner into the event and then went on to finish fourth. Ekram is a regular player around Las Vegas, made a final table or two at Venetian that we streamed as part of Venetian Poker Live and also Poker gro He took home two hundred and twenty four thousand dollars. Michael Burke PGC regular fifth place, Peter Muger sixth place, one hundred and thirty two thousand for him, Burke got one seventy two, Abdullah Akbarpoor got seventh place for one hundred two thousand dollars, and then Richard Green, also frequent some PGT events, seventy eight thousand dollars for him, seven hundred and thirty eight entries. Last year was eight ninety five this year's prize school I did have a three million dollar guarantee last year and this year. This year came at almost three point six million dollars. Last year was a bit over four point three million dollars. So those two numbers compared to last year, seventeen point five percent decrease. That's what I want to talk about as it pertains to the main event. What are your thoughts, like, why did the field decline?
Speaker 2: I got four? Four reasons?
Speaker 1: Oh, four four, So that by the way, I like that you're bringing four and the reason why I like, Yeah, But it's never one thing I try to say, like, oh, it's it's because of this, and it's there's a pie chart, and like everything has its own percentage of the pie. Yeah, you know, so that's how this So I'm happy you're bringing multiple things here that that likely played into it. Now we may not exactly know the percentages, but there's always a bunch of different factors that are to.
Speaker 2: Way go ahead.
Speaker 3: We're going to touch on two of them a little later, but two pretty big, impressive competing events. We're going to talk about Asian pokatur in Taiwan. We're going to talk about the BSOP that's obviously going to draw some of those local players to state. It's also lurid some of our players. When I say our players, i'm talking you know, Las Vegas slash America over to those stops, and that's obviously going to have an influence on another event we'll talk about a little later, the textas Payler around up. So those two things are pretty big. I think the third thing to me, and you know, you and I have chatted about this a lot in person. I've chatted with players about a lot. I didn't think the schedule was that good. And when I say good, I'm talking more about how it was kind of conducted, how it was structured.
Speaker 2: You know, the offerings was not good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think when a player wanting to travel here looking at that, They're like, you know, I can't play this event. I can't play that. I can only play a couple of events. It's not really worth it for me. I'm going to skip it. And then the fourth thing I think is is something I'm not quite knowledgeable on. Maybe you a little better than me, but the landscape. And when I said to Lanscap, I'm talking about Focus Stars, I'm talking about FanDuel And you know, we touched on it, like we just didn't feel there was as much promotion for this series in the last compared to the last couple of years. And now was that on purpose? Was that Pocos Stars saying, you know what, let's dial down the marketing dollars a little bit. You know, I'm sure if we could somehow access the data of satellite see winners online and and live. I'm assuming there's a big decline there too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think that last sorry, two years ago, they obviously had to make a pretty big splash. Now it was a little bit of a different event with a different price point, but they still had to make a big splash. Return of the napt It's coming back to Las Vegas all that sort of stuff, and then last year they go back, they go to more of an EPT model, more of the old NAPT model, the five K in event, three million dollar guaranteed price, well, that sort of stuff. So obviously you've got to put a lot of marketing power behind that, and then this year maybe they just pulled back on it. I just I felt like buzz was a little bit lesser than last year, and that's probably just because it wasn't so in your face with the marketing, you know, actual so it was it was it was still a really good turnout, right, you know, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, nearly eight hundred players, you know, you that's that's great. The actual on site marketing, let's just make sure we under it was still fantastic. The room's great to play in, you know, the branding at result World is still great. It's we're talking about leading up to whether it's on social, whether it's you know, they did a lot of stuff last year with influences and even like some pretty big Twitter accounts like was Las Vegas locally and stuff, so those additional marketing arms weren't there this year. Everything on side we're not talking about, it's just leading up to it. Online social et cetera, just built not not as there, not as much there as last time.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's also I know you want to talk about this a little bit more later, but it is very difficult these days with there's just so much poker.
Speaker 2: There's so much, you know, it's.
Speaker 1: It's it's getting pretty crazy, and it's it's good to see that the industry is able to survive through it, you know, like for example, this event, you know, it didn't it didn't miss the guarantee, It cleared the guarantee. You know, it was I think it was probably a bit more of a sweat than they would have liked. But still they made it by about six in r K, so that's you know, a fair a fair amount over you know that I would say that this doesn't fall into fake guarantee range because they didn't blow it out of the water finally, but it was again, it was probably a little bit closer than they would have liked. So there's that. Yeah, all in all, you know, I thought the event was good. I lasted a whole of like forty minutes in it, so that was also spectacular. Yeah, it's very well played. You know, I don't like to wait around. You know, I either get in and I lose or I win, you know, one of the others. Moving on to the PGT qualifying events that were part of the NAPT Las Vegas. You had eight events, the ten K Mystery Bounty, the twenty K Super high Roller warm Up, the fifty K Super high Roller, ten K Half and half Nolan Holdham Slash Plo, twenty five K Poo high Roller, ten K Bounty, twelve K Quattro Knockout, and then the ten K napt high Roller First Up the Mystery Bounty. Cherish Andrews won it all topped eighty four entries She want to combined three hundred and thirty one thousand dollars. She won one hundred and eleven thousand dollars from the prize pool. She went two hundred and twenty thousand dollars from the mystery bounties. She beat Nick Petraangelo in heads up play. Petra Angelo got almost one hundred and twenty two thousand dollars between prize, school and bounties. And I bring up Petrangela specifically because he then went on to win the next event, the twenty K Super high Roller warm Up, topping fifty three entries to win almost three hundred and ten thousand dollars. The fifty k super high Roller that had twenty three entries. Steven Chidwick topped all comers five hundred and fifty seven thousand dollars. Thomas Boyven second place for three thirty four, already on a high before that main event score that we already talked about. This fifty k super high Roll took place before the main event, so all combined well over eight hundred thousand dollars just from those two finishes for Boyvin, who's had a really really great year, he had a smashing WSP does very well here at NPT Las Vegas. The ten k Nolanan HOLDOM slash PLO JACEAMU top sixty entries won one hundred and seventy four thousand dollars. Sam Soeverell second place one hundred and thirteen thousand dollars cherish and back at the final table She's Hot fifth place for forty seven thousand dollars. The twenty five KPLO high Roller. This event was i'll say needs improvement. Eleven entries, Yeah, it was. It was just a bad structure. It was scheduled for three days. I think they started him way too deep in chips. They only played a handful levels on day one. They even had to adjust the structure on day one. It was kind of a mess. It only got eleven entries at the end of the day. Sean Rafael won it for one hundred and seventy one thousand dollars. He beat Jordan Glazer, who took ninety two k for second place, and then Glazer, much like Petrangelo did to kick off the high rollers, Glazer went on to win the next high roller, top fourteen entries in the ten K Bounty to win forty two thousand dollars. Then Glazer took second place in the twelve K Quatro knockout. He lost there to Sam so Overroll. Sam Soverll wins almost two hundred one thousand dollars over two hundred thousand dollars, topping thirty nine entries there, and then the the most well attended a high roller event on the schedule, the ten K napt high Roller Batali Zavorotnis I probably severely pushed at that one, top one hundred and fifty eight entries to win three hundred and fifty eight thousand dollars. It had one hundred and seventy entries last year. For you, sir, Yes, Now, part of our partnership with the NAPT Las Vegas. And when I say our, I mean the PGT, we gave a dream seat which fast tracked somebody into the PGT Million Dollar Championship. Who won that thing? And who are we going to be seeing in January?
Speaker 3: Well, we like we do on the PGT, he must have two cash's, so that kind of you know, disqualified or made some people ineligible to win this. So who actually finished second on the leaderboard, but he did have two cashes? Nick Petriangelo has both hands on that dream see. But you know, here's the thing, here's the kicker. And I've told some players that are on this leaderboard he's pretty close to the top forty. And we know he's going to Bahamas and we know he probably might play last Chance, so there was a chance that he naturally qualifies for the PGT Championship. So what that means that seat start rolling down next up.
Speaker 1: And the reason why you do that is because dream seat winners only start with one hundred big lines.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: If you qualify in the top forty.
Speaker 2: Do you have a lot more?
Speaker 1: You can have more chips based on your finishing position in the top four Exactly. The first person on the leader board, which right now is Alex Fox, and he would start with the most chips in the PGT Championship, second whatever, the second most, et cetera. So you'd rather than that. We're gonna benefit the player in this regard exactly.
Speaker 3: Next up Sam several Well, he's second on the leader board, so he's out. Uh. Steven Chidwick also in the top forty, he's at bin Wang one cash.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately he does not qualify.
Speaker 3: Next person on the list, Jordan Glazer four cash, is best performing player at NAPT when it came to the PGT qualifying events. But Jordan, we'll touch on him. He did down to Texas, had some results there. He's about four hundred points away from the top forty.
Speaker 2: Not sure.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure he was going to Muhamas yet. So he's probably, you know, not a favorite. But hey, I already told him keep the communication lines open. I might have to send you a message. He may also come and play PGT last chance. He's more of a PLO player, but he may come out here. So there's a chance, you know, he could score some results and potentially get in naturally too. But if Petranglo does qualify, he's got four hundred and fifty points, that sea would roll down to Jordan and then if you know, like it can keep going. Obviously, if he did both of them somehow get in, it's going to go down to Sam Laskwitz was just outside the top forty. Just somow he's in, Kristen Foxon and carry Katz sitting in tenth, not in the top forty yet, but hey, this is his backup option.
Speaker 2: So what about Cherish Wish?
Speaker 3: She Cherish's on thirteenth on the leaderboard, so significantly more down on this dream see little bit. But yeah, she's she's outside the top forty as well. So yeah, this is I though Nick, it's currently with Nick.
Speaker 2: It may change.
Speaker 3: We'll just kind of see how the next you know, what is it twenty sixteen events or something play out?
Speaker 1: Anything else stand out to you from this series? You can focus on the PGT stuff. I mean, what have you got to say?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: I think the biggest thing is, you know, we had three people knock up some PGT milestones. Okay, okay, So we had Steven Schidwick sur past ten thousand PGT points, he joins Alex Foxon in that category. We had Sam Several and Jeremy Osmond's pick up their one hundredth PGT cash, so it's three pretty cool milestones. And then we look at the leaderboard, we did have some big, big movers. Some people solidify, you know, their position. Obviously, Sam Several picked up three cash as he's he's now just looks like forty four points outside Alex Foxon. So that race to be PGT Player of the Year is going to come pretty pretty hot down this home stretch. You know, we had jos Mao move up in the top ten, Kristen fox And move up, Chidwick move up. A lot of these guys kind of solidified their position. And then you look just outside that, you know, top forty, we saw Sam Liskoy it's now forty first. Including all the little rules we have, we have Jeremy Osma's now sneaking in, so he's right in there, you know, obviously defending PGT Player of the Year, defending PGT Championship winner. So he is currently sitting thirty eight, so he's going to still do some more work to make sure he sleticizes his position. But yeah, some movers in the forty people just moving just to the outside. So did have a bit of a bit of a shakeup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, listen, I thought I thought the high walls were pretty good.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I think going back to your point about the schedule stuff, some tinkering could be done there. And yeah, you know, all in all, I hope, I hope this event stays on the schedule. I really like it's I think it's got a decent time slot. I see decent now because as we'll get into some of the later stuff and Tim kind of touched on could be more challenging going forward. I also do wonder if this this letter or whatever from the Nevada Gaming Commission has anything to do with it, because they sent the letter to their belief to fand yeah, you know about the prediction market stuff, you know, and I want to say they mentioned Flutter in there, so does because Flutter owns poker Stars. Does that affect this event like it's it's a whole thing. So I guess wait and see on that. I would hate to see this event go. I mean, I want to see the napt evolve into a full on tour, not just one stop. I mean, I think that they should be. I think they should be trying to do four big five K events a year different properties, culminate with the final one in Las Vegas, and then do a bunch of those Poker Stars open ones, right, you know, maybe do let's four to eight of those smaller events one K price point, you know, and they kind of all feed in to those then majors. Like That's how I would kind of try and structure this thing. I don't know how many properties are are available to them, how many you know, partner properties they have. Obviously they went to I think it was Maryland Live for the Poker Stars Open. I think they have a presence in Pennsylvania. They're in Michigan, So can they find someone there to do something with, like, you know, all that sort of stuff. I don't know, we'll see. Would love for that to happen. And I think, again I've said it before, I'll say it again, the resort property is elite. It just kind of thinks that it seems like no one's ever there when I'm there, which sucks so quiet, it's so but the entire property is so freaking nice, and like when you go to play poker there for the napt you're in this ballroom, You're away from everything. Everything super updated, state of the art, spacious, luxurious. It's it's awesome. It really is. Even simple things like coming in off the highway, it's like right there, you don't have to deal with the strip stuff. Like it's just nice and convenient and freaking awesome. So hopefully just six a round. Let's head on down to Texas, where we had Stephen Hubbard topping three hundred and thirty seven entries to win two hundred and fifteen thousand dollars in the three K buying million dollar guaranteed PGT Texas PLO Round Up Main event. Tim loves to make seventeen words in everything.
Speaker 2: You're out at the PGT. PGT pot is not in the net.
Speaker 1: It's a PGT event, so PGT goes in the front. Okay, I'm sorry, that's how it is. Hubbard dominated the final table en routes to victory. He moves up to one hundred one hundredth on the season long PGT leader board, so I guess within striking distance. But I'll also say not really because he's really only a PLO player, So you know, unless he's going to the Bahamas to fire some of that PLO stuff down there, I would doubt that we see him get into the championship. But hey, you never don't enough fun. Little run for Hubbard. He bagged the Day one B chip lead, then he won the first high roller. Then he went back and ran on to victory in the WSP main events, in that.
Speaker 3: Pail round event, the PGT What did I say, WSP main Event?
Speaker 1: I don't think I said that, rich check check the tame and ran on to victory in the main events. No, I don't. I honestly don't think I said that. Maybe I did. It might have sounded like that, but I don't think I said it.
Speaker 2: Actually, maybe he said Texas main event.
Speaker 1: I don't remember what that might So anyway, he won thirty six K for the high roller, winning one two n and fifteen K for the main event win. Now, the event barely hit the guarantee million dollar guarantee one million and eleven thousand dollars in the prize. Fool, that was a sweat. I want to know what the heck was it like? Because you were on property you were down in not Austin Houston for this event at Champions Club. What was what was the sweat?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Every day you're getting up, you're seeing the numbers, You're like, are we gonna make it? You're obviously talking to the Champions Club like, well, what's what's that sweat?
Speaker 3: Like we started, I knew there was going to be a downturn. I'll revisit the reasons, but we were on track the first flight, Day one day, We'll okay, day one B.
Speaker 2: We were on track.
Speaker 3: When the when the turbo that night dinner run, We're a little worried. And then from there we just knew it was going to be close. We were just is this going to make it? Iss going to We're just trying to hit certain you know, benchmarks along the way to this million dollar guarantee. You know, we wanted to hit obviously keep it, keep it to six figures, keep it to a soft guarantee, you know when you include the ring.
Speaker 2: And it was definitely a sweat.
Speaker 3: Obviously made it in the last break of the hyper turbo level when a couple of people bust and jump back in and then yeah, look we did make it.
Speaker 2: It's it was pretty nerve wracking.
Speaker 3: We're probably going to make a few changes to to this event and even the one, the no limit version. But like, we ran really bad. And when I say that, when you're running these multi flight where you can put in a lot of bullets, no offense, but we're cheering for the people with the deeper pockets depends.
Speaker 1: But we want you guys to bust out what I have said.
Speaker 3: Them to that fest and I want you in for twenty bullets, but I want you to cash for twenty two.
Speaker 2: I want you to profit. I just want you to put in a lot of bullets.
Speaker 3: And look Day one A, every player that bagged Day one A, and you can as see anyone champions were good for many many more bullets, many many more bullets, you know. So we were very bad in that aspect. But it's okay at the end of the day, we made it. We'll make some tweaks going forward, but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely missing a bunch of PGT regulars that have traveled there in the past. Yeah, I don't remember if Jeremy Osmas went to the PLO one last time, but did Gina Reim go to the po Low one last time? Red Lynn didn't. Then josh Ariean Deep like, you know, a bunch of bunch of PLO guys, slash PGT players, you know that you might expect there, they didn't make the trip this time.
Speaker 3: So yeah, this is a bumber when it comes to our players. You know, there's a couple of reasons. First one, you know they've done Houston a few times. They didn't want to go back. You know, they were playing in to go to seminoles, so this was a good week off before doing Seminal Bahamas all those events. I understand that we also had a lot of new new faces go Bryce Jockey, Chris Cossa, a couple of other guys get down to to there for the first time and they I played a lot of cash with Chris and Bryce and they loved it down there, so you know, it is a great spot. Also, we lost a couple of our regulars that we were counting on being there. They went to the APT event. And when I say regulars, I mean three or four local Houston players. Okay, right that a PLO that they only played plow decided to do a little a little holiday November, So we lost those. But the biggest problem was and you know, I think we're going to touch on this. We did see a big decrease, you know, we went from what is a one point four million last year to just hitting the guarantee. And it's a big issue in Texas right now.
Speaker 1: I am shocked at how many rooms there are in Texas, Like you see many. If you were to ask me, obviously before I like look deeper into it, I probably would have said, I don't know, six, Yeah, there might be sixty. I mean, it's outrageous.
Speaker 3: Houston is probably the most saturated with poker rooms. A couple of big ones and then a lot of little small ones. The problem with one of them, and you know, I'm I'm gonna call them out TCH is you know what TCH. I've played at TCH in Austin one of the most beautiful poker rooms I've ever played. And that's coming from someone that's played at the Winn and Aria and Venetian all these places here in Vegas.
Speaker 2: It's beautiful.
Speaker 3: The TCH that I'm talking to about in Houston, they all kind of like different ownerships, Like it's not like, you know, one hundred percent the same, and they are kind of you know, they set their dates for a main event. They had a twelve hundred dollars half a million guarantee on you know this week in November. We scheduled our event to be to upset that. Okay, then they moved their event over the top of ours to basically try and take us out. What that meant was you lose a lot of the fringe no limit hold them guys that would have played a bullet or two in the PLO. They're going to just stick to the no limit. You know, people that you know you would expect. You know, good Ray Henson, you know champions. He plays a lot of Champions, plays a lot of cash there, loves PLO, big support of the PGT. He decided to put one bullet in the in the TCH event and then he was going to play Champions the rest of the week.
Speaker 2: Well guess what.
Speaker 3: He bagged that bullet so he couldn't play any of the fights to Champions. Gabriel Andrade comes here, plays the PGT PLO series, big PLO player. He decided to do the same thing, put a couple of bullets in the no limit holder events so you try and get lucky. I think he put I think I heard he put fourteen bullets and once you start getting a few bullets deep, you start chasing those bullets. Of course, he actually didn't bag. He played the hyper Turbo Survive the Hypoturbo end up cashing in our event anyway, But you know, losing a lot of players there really hurts. Now talk about our satellites. Our satellite program was great last year. This year nearly non existent. Main reason was the people that play the satellites have all been lured to some of these other places because of all these new promotions they're running to basically acquire, you know, all these customers. And you know, look, we missed one guarantee this series, really small one. Otherwise we made everything TCH was trying to kind of break. Champions Club missed nearly every single day guarantee that they ran. They missed the main event guarantee by fifty k. So it's a really expensive customer acquisition process for them. And look, I think we can all be friends in Texas well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's kind of my point is that I've started to get this sense, and this is just my own personal opinion that the Texas market is really just going to eat itself alive. Yeah, Like I don't know how as many rooms that are down there can survive like this, especially if they're going at each other's throats all the time. Like I mean, I know Texas is a huge state. I know poker is widely popular there. I just I don't know how you can do it. You know, now you have you obviously had the WPT went down there, right, they had a prime event there. Basically circuits going there, so like it's only going to get more saturated. So I just don't know how much these rooms can survive. And then ultimately if the rooms don't survive, the ones that are going to suffer are the players.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know they can survive. And you know, you say like they're they're in they're in walls together, but it's not. It's a very one sided wall because just like Kia, you know when Aria Venetian, when the summer schedule is set by WSP that we all kind of talk and figure out where we want to do our machi events and we put stuff around it. You know, we we play, we work with each other to create so we can all benefit. Now for this, in this case, most of the Texas rooms do that. You know, champions have have a relationship with you know, the large up in US and some other rooms, and they you know, make sure they don't overlap, don't schedule on top of each other. But it's just this one room that's kind of out for war. Doesn't seem like they're going to stop. Maybe two months ago, Champions over a three hundred k in their million dollar you know, summer event or whatever it was called. They those dates are out and TCCH moved an event to be over the top of it, the same buying, same guarantee and miss they missed the guarantee. That doesn't do anything for players. If you're a TCCH loyalist, you'll play there. If you're Champions loyalists, you'll play at Champions. But if you just go different weekends, you both can benefit. I just don't understand why they're trying to do this, but kind of yeah, it is what it is, and we just have to deal with it. When you know, we're creating our partner events there next year, we have to take into account that, hey, this could be an sure. You know, obviously we haven't missed the guarantee of Champions yet, you know, four from four, How do we keep doing that?
Speaker 2: Do we need. What adjustments do we need to make to ensure you know we will be successful?
Speaker 1: Moving on to the three five K high rulers that took place, we already mentioned. Stephen Hubbard won event number one or one high Roller number one for thirty six kre on Brevin Andreatis one number two for thirty eight thousand, five hundred dollars, and then Bryce Jockey one number three for forty five thousand dollars. Quick break here as I tell you guys about poker Gro's biggest sale, the our biggest sale ever as far as I'm concerned. For Black Friday and Cyber Week, you can get a poker gro VIP subscription for fifty percent off, so the normal price is two ninety nine ninety nine now it's one forty nine ninety nine. Or you can get an annual subscription to poker gro for thirty percent off originally nine ninety nine ninety nine now sixty nine ninety nine. In each of those offers comes with bonus credit to the poker g shop. The regular sale window for this whole thing ends December fifth at midnight. But you know what, I'm in charge of the marketing, So for the podcast listeners, we'll keep it open for an extra week. Okay, so how does that sound an extra week here for the podcast listeners. We won't give out these specific promo codes publicly. They will only be for podcast listeners. So this offer will run through December twelfth at midnight again. You can get fifty percent off a poker gro vip subscription plus a thirty dollars gift card to the Poke Grow Shop when you join or upgrade using the promo code POD twenty five VIP, or if you use the promo code POD twenty five Annual, you'll get thirty percent off your first year of annual plus a twenty dollars gift card to the Poker Grow Shop. Both offers apply to the first year of those subscriptions only. Head to pokergrow dot com and lock in and one of these deals before it ends again, though we are adding an extra week. December twelfth at midnight is when those deals will and I don't know those will ever be back because those are the biggest deals we've ever I know. I said at the top of the show that we were going to talk about these big events. We're not going to talk about those big events. I just got a message that we have to get out of here because they gotta do testing and stuff. So here's what we're gonna do. I do want to hit on a family pot that I tease you personally. Yeah, so let's do that. We'll talk about this other stuff, the app A p T I knew I was going to do that, the APT Championship, b SOP millions, and then we'll also have WPT Rock and Roll poke Rope and we'll have wrapped up so we can do all those together. I also think, you know, we both know Fred Lung, the CEO of the Message, who're try and get him on the show talk about it. That event was bananas.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was so bananas that Tim and I were likely should we go in. We're going exactly exactly. So I also talked to a bunch of players. I got some kind of first hand insights into that series over there. So we'll hit on all of that. But I want to get into this this family pot because it's our show and we can whatever. I got two little ones, so go ahead, you go for me first, Yeah, go and play the music, sure, go ahead, it's.
Speaker 2: Does family all right?
Speaker 1: What are you guys.
Speaker 3: I'm going to send this video to Rich inside. So I brought a treadmill a few weeks ago. Plot of Black Friday sales. You know, got early why you can run outside.
Speaker 2: I hate running outside. I'm an inside guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate running on treadmills.
Speaker 2: I've set up my finance pod and get in the design.
Speaker 1: You know, you can take the pod. No, no, no.
Speaker 3: I like to watch because then I get distracted and I can get through, like thirteen miles really easy.
Speaker 2: Came in a big box, right, it's a big treadmill. Came in a big box. My son, who is nine and he's not autistic, likes boxes and likes forts. He's like a cat.
Speaker 3: So we kept this box that is seven feet long in the living room. He put all his all his stuffed animals. He put all the blankets in the house, and he made it a four. The video I just sent Ridge. He wanted to sleep in the fort downstairs a couple of different nights, so he slept in there and I took a video. So I sent that other one. You know, I think a couple couple of Christmas ago, we put a little Rubik's cube and he's like stucking you know, obviously you have to be pretty damn smart to be able to solve his Ruby's Cube and it's just been sitting there. He brought it to me two days ago, fully solved, and I go, did you do this? He goes yeah, And I thought maybe he peeled the stickers off. That would make sense, and he goes, I did it. I'm looking at him and he's like, got a straight face. I'm like, you cheated?
Speaker 2: How did you do this?
Speaker 3: And he goes, what are you talking about? And I'm just looking at him in the eyes and he goes, oh, I used a rublic a Ruby's Cube solver. I'm like okay, And then he ran away and I was like, am I should I be proud of him for that? Or should I be worried? And he brought it back.
Speaker 1: I really just problem solving in a way.
Speaker 2: I re jumbled it.
Speaker 3: And then the next day he's like, I sold it again. I'm just like, I'm not sure if I should be proud that he found a way to cheat all that. I mean cheat, I don't know, but it's like I was impressed that he somehow found this and then still so you still probably got to follow steps kind of like doing Lego to solve it.
Speaker 1: But that's yeah, amazing, No, okay, I mean it's like math, you know. Now we just type stuff in a calculator and we just move on with it. You know, we didn't. We don't really. I mean, yeah, we used the math, but you know, did you have a second one?
Speaker 2: No? That was two different yea.
Speaker 1: So mine, I tease this with you and Rich and it's been I think it's been two weeks now, three weeks now. So my wife is a huge reality TV show person. She loves Bravo, She loves the Real Housewives, all this sort of stuff. Bravo Con is their huge conference takes place here in Vegas. She went, I think last year or two years. I think last year. She wanted to go this year. Okay, I think she told me about it, you know, back when the tickets were announced or whatever several months ago. Tickets ended up snap selling out, you know whatever. We go out to her birthday dinner, her and I she tells me that, like, Bravo CON's coming up, and you know whatever, one or two weekends, we're gonna have to pay for the tickets whatever, blah blah blah. Okay, fine, cool. At no point had it been told to me what these tickets cost. I'm basically going off of what they cost the last time, which I thought was ridiculous, which I think was around three to four hundred dollars. But it's like, you get three days, it's like Friday, Saturday, Sunday, like, you know, whatever, this is what she wants to do. You know, it's fine, she can go do it. Three hundred dollars is not gonna kill me. So, like a week or so before the event, she tells, she's like, hey, don't forget, we have to pay for the Bravo Con tickets. We have to send so and so the money. I'm like, okay, how much are they? She goes twenty five dollars. I go twenty I go twenty five. What it's twenty five hundred. It's twenty five hundred dollars. What in God's name are you doing at Bravo Con. She's like, we had to get VIP. I'm like, what do you had to get VIP? What are you talking about? So she drops this on me a week beforehand. Now she then tells me that she told me the price, and it's this whole thing and I'm like, there's no ethan way that you told me the price, because I would have screamed at you, not like at you, but like just screamed in general about how absurd it is that you want to spend money for twenty five hundred dollars. I was like, do you know how much money that is? That's more than our mortgage payment for you to go hang out with these Bravo celebrities, Like, come on, this is ridiculous. You can't do this. Then, so she's trying to tell me that she told me the price. The whole time. I'm like, there's no way you told me the price, because if anyone knows me, I would have freaked out about the price. I would have told you no, like, if you want to go whatever, you know for the the cheaper version of the regular version, like that's totally fine. She's trying to tell me that she she's like, you have to go VIP. I'm like, you didn't go VIP last time. You had a freaking ball, Like, I don't understand what the hell's going on. Then she tells me that her friend that purchased the tickets, She's like, well, she never told me the price and I was like, I was like, okay, so hold on, So your friend bought tickets and she didn't tell you the price. Therefore your story does not count because you could not have told me the price if your friend never told you the price. Okay, I gotta trying. Then she also says that, well, so and so bought the tickets, and like I kept asking her for the price, but she couldn't give it to me because she didn't know. And I'm like, what the fuck do you mean she didn't know? She just bought like five tickets on her credit card for twenty five hundred dollars each and didn't know how much they cost? Is this person a billionaire? Like what is happening? And then she's trying to tell me that well, we can just tell the person we can't go. I'm like, you committed to this, it's a week ago. You're screwing that person out a twenty five hundred dollars yep. Who is also quite ridiculous that she doesn't know how much she spot for these tickets. So it's this whole thing for like a week. I'm like, I cannot believe you spent twenty five hundred dollars on a goddamn ticket to Bravocar. Now she had the freaking time of her life and great and listen, I probably and also at the birthday dinner, I bought her tickets too. She wanted to go see Brandy and Monica, who came out here at Allegiance Stadium. I bought her tickets to that. So she was like, I thought it was weird when you gave me those tickets knowing that I was going to bravocn and they cost that much money. I was like, so you didn't say anything, like you didn't tell me, And it's not so much that I was first, yes, I was pissed off at the price. I think it's fucking absurd to spend twenty five hundred dollars on that sort of thing. Now, if you would have told me, like in April, I could have, like, you know, done the thing, like I'll put two hundred dollars away like whatever, Like it's not not that big of a deal, like twenty five hundred dollars money to go to bravocon And then on top of it, it's even more than twenty five hundred dollars because you buy some things there you get some souvenirs. We got to get a babysitter on one of the one or two of the days. Like it's a whole thing. I'm just like, this is ubsurd. I'm like, do you realize you going to Bravo con costs more than our family trip to Disneyland. I was I was losing my mind for I don't know, a week and a half straight, Like I was so tilted and I had to play napt and I was like, stop talking to me about this. I can't handle it. I want to focus on poker. Like this is absurd that you're even spending this money. Don't try and justify with me. You're like, it's a whole thing. It's a whole thing. So yeah, anyway, twenty five hundred dollars for fucking bravocn is app. I said, that's why all those people on those shows are rich, because they're charging twenty five hundred dollars for people like you to go to this fucking show that is out of control. Twenty five hundred dollars, Like what what were you doing? Like, honestly, what were you doing? Anyway? It's bringing back my negativity and in this bad energy and I want to get rid of this.
Speaker 2: It's gone, but you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 1: Chef. Of course, she had a freaking blast, and I love that she had a blast, and and I want her to go to these things, but you can't drop twenty five hundred dollars on me with six days notice.
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 1: We're not in that sort of financially stable position that I can just be like, yeah, go ahead, here's twenty five hundred dollars. Yeah, you know. And of course she tries to throw the you know, well, you go play these poker tournaments and bah blah, I'm like, okay, First of all, the poker bankroll is always separate. It's always separate. Then everything else we have to pay for, and it's planned, I give you well in advance, you know that that this is what I'm doing. Whatever. And again it's not that I don't want her to do these things. I definitely want her to do these things. But you cannot drop twenty five hundred dollars in my lap with six days notice. It's just absolutely absurd. All right, that's going to do it for us on this show. We're basically getting kicked out of our own studio.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable.
Speaker 1: It really is unbelievable. We have the PGT True Classic rag Stitches right here, this trophy, all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: It's coming out well done.
Speaker 1: December second through fifth here at the studio, streaming all four days. That's the one we were telling you guys about for so long, that fifteen winners are gonna come out here and play at the studio, So be sure to tune in for that. I'm gonna be on commentary for some of the days alongside Remco. I believe it's Brent Hanks and Jeff Platt for the Final Table commentary. So we have all that coming up on the next show, will either be sometime during that event, maybe after the event, but we'll hit on this event, we'll hit on all the other events that we want to talk about, and you know, we'll give our takes on the poker drama stuff. Okay, so quick and easy. Again, they're kicking us out of our own studio, but we got to live with it. So for Tim Duckworth, my name is Donni Peters, and we will talk to you guys next time you
Speaker 3: Jay