Speaker 1: Now one of your pudding. I got a string going on here, something just because my dog. Something killed your dog, my dog. We're flying through the air over the tree. I don't know how it did it, Okay, Damn, I'm really confused. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence and he was dead. And once you hit the ground like, I didn't see any cars. All I saw was my dog coming over the fence. Sat, what are you putting? We got some wonder or something crawling around out here? Did you see what it was?
Speaker 2: Or was it was?
Speaker 1: Standing enough. I'm out here looking through the window now and I don't see anything. I don't want to go outside. Jesus Quice, you better hello, get the Boddy out here. Quote I'm out there. I thought of a bit just about text nine. I don't know. Easy ann out there. Yeah, I'm booking right.
Speaker 3: Head our folks, and will welcome our guest back to the show. It is Ryan Edwards from Texas, crypto zoologist, author researcher. Welcome back to the show man.
Speaker 4: It's good to be here.
Speaker 3: I am definitely glad to have you. It's always interesting conversations anytime we have you on the show. You never know what we're going to get into with our conversations. But let's start with your new book, Beyond Bigfoot, The Unrecognized Primates of North America. This is what your third book tell us a little bit about what that process was, like why you wrote this book and why now.
Speaker 4: Well this one. It's very much kind of a continuation of my second vote by thinking about scans struct Pretti history while looking at the Statchborgs field, especially recient years, WAT thing has always been to interest me as a whole. Like that pipe chart. You always see the type one patties, it's tap two's the type threes. Okay, let's look at this primatologically. What can I really break down into what this really means all the subspecies of Sasquatch. Are there other species of unknown primates living here in North America? Then? One big thing with my research and I look at the past a lot. One thing with the past is a lot of cryptos. All just take Lord Coleman, Mark Hall reference other unknown primates, liberty in North America. The three main ones I bring for my book are North American ah, the Nate phenomena double monkeys, which something a lot of people have heard of the recent here is the gug week, these more bottsquad would muzzles. So I'm trying to bring in more scientific perspectives on these beings because I've never seen a double monkey book. I've never seen a gugree really referenced in books. So I try to write on stuff that I have a feet out there. So let me be the one that writes about this stuff.
Speaker 3: Gotcha, Let's talk about some of those those things that you just talked about, the devil monkeys, the gugways, the eighth phenomenon that's going on. Can you talk as much about that as you can? How did you approach looking into those since there isn't a ton of information out there, obviously you had to do some digging and you had to do some research to get into these things. Where did you start? What was that process like? If you wouldn't mind telling me and the audience a little bit about each one of those creatures.
Speaker 4: Of course, one of the first things that I usually do when I started doing my research is I I literally start looking at my bookshelves, what authors reference to, what we talk about these creatures. One thing I did especially is reach out to a lot of other researchers because for me, a lot of my research goes to a primarily Sasquatch. I maybe have one person in my age like doublemore p. So I reached out to research. You got no really more specialized and stuff like that. One main researcher I reached out to was Lord Owen himself lol and Coleman. If I think it a North American ape Snona, I you needed to think of him. That's why I reach out to the refirst. I'm a research sure, I'm trying to get into this. What do you suggest, what do you think? And then what I did is look at the eye witness accounts, look at where these sidings occur. Breaking it down by region, you can get to see what these creatures are like. For instance, the dover monkey. Out of the three, I think it's the most well known of these three cryptids. Dover monkeys described it too much a giant baboon. A lot of people describe them ass. For instance here texasm here in the South, there's a lot of sidings that are people seeing released baboons. A lot of people think, okay, maybe these heads that got away, But then if you look in the area, there's no report to someone losing a rabboon. There could be possibly these dove monkeys, and I talk about okay, where the sightings? What can these creatures be? One big thing with my research is origins are cryptis because every animal has a natural history. So with these cryptids being piritical leading breeding animals, where did it come from? I've bring in my hypothesis that maybe dove monkeys could be a group of primates that did evolve in North America, originally evolved alongside happienings the known monkeys in Africa to become very bad boon like because low known fact. A lot of people know that primates originated here in North America sixty sixty million years ago. The first real primates of all genus started here in North America, didn't spread out and when it supposedly went extinct back into e s But as we know of the false rocket isn't complete. The gug weeds come out in recent years. Gug we means face theater. These primarily originated from northeast part in North America. A lot of name of tribes is describeds is not as Bigfoot, but as something else, something more violent, something more ferocious. A lot of people described goug weies as sasports like creatures, usually seven to eight feet tall. But the one main difference with these creatures is the face. They're vague, what we call pognatic. They're very protruding muscles, almost vision to like people describe a dog mass phenomenal or maybe something like a madual bat boon. Okay, this creature is real, trying an idea of like almost speculative evolution. So if these creatures are real, why would they have this type of mandible? Why would they have this type of morphology. Another interesting part of Gugree's are the legs. People describe these creatures that having three toes. Interesting thing. Two. A lot of people describe double monkeys. They're also having three toes. I executively say, huh, it's weird. The uguis and double monkeys are very similar morphologically. If we break it down, and they both have two toes, they're both very large, have very similar face shoes. So could these creatures be related? We don't know, because of course we don't have a body. But the one ham why really go into depthwood is North American eight. What these creatures are is when people hear in North American eight they pintymilia, junk, the sat squatch, the bigfoot. These are more chipped like species being seen here in North America. Really the main origin points of these. War Lord Coleman, they saw few him Mark hall So looking at signs of sasquatch and they're saying there's something else here. Because one well known account or North American aid came from Longngo with himself Industry Ti Illinois discovered human like footprints without a virgin big toe, just divergent big toe is indicative of what we're called antropoidi, something more canto gorilla or chimpanzee or something like that. Maybe Bernovo and people are describing these change out in the woods describing Champanzees are maybe more well Champanzee like than sasquatch, like a lot of people Akindies like the more skunkate style of big flops. Like here in the South we have sightings of the foul monster, the skunk gave down in Florida. These creatures are blondie hair, more wooly bully, more violent. See it's a big foot up in the Cithern Northwest. So what if these creatures could be a totally different species, or maybe there's subspecies of sasquatch, which subspecies does are a lot in Grade eight. Roads have four subspecies and chimps have two. So what if the subspecies of sasquatch and these North American age, Well, if these creatures did or not originate in North America and moved it to North America at the previous time, because this is very much continuation of Sasquatchic prehistory. I go through prehistory in North America, so my hypothesis of sasquat origins just hand in hand with North American eight. What if these dry piphicines, these more chimpanzee leg creatures that possibly into North America are in prehistory. What if some of these they didn't evolved to become more sasquat, some of these stayed in the swamps of the South that at that time were very much, very tropical to an extent, and stayed these more chimpanzee leg creatures down here in the South. At the end of the book, I really just showed what's the plausibility of four known primates living in North America alongside Bigfoot. It's not very plausible. So I will always put into little caveaty. Yes, a lot of these are probably miss identifications. A lot of is probably bears or maybe even juvenile sasquatch, like maybe some of North American eight fightings all juveniles s escorts. But there is something else going on here. So really the books are out like really looking introities and really asking the questions in the first place, because a lot of these cryptids really haven't been referenced. A lot people might be like, oh, yeah, I've heard of monkeys and then don't really notice sightings. They know, maybe a simple description, but they're older history behind it. So that's really what this book's all about, is bringing the history and really educating the public about three less you know, primates could possibly be living alongside the Sans Sport chain North America. Because ultimately I krying to bring into more older views as cryptozoology. I am very much a neighbor, very much. He's a physical creatures living on in the woods. But how can we bring in the visual law tore aspect of cryptozoology like horminology, it is like unknown hominids. How can we bring these into more statitic perspectives and not just people out there hunting mantras in the woods.
Speaker 3: Speaking of cryptozoology in general, this is one of these things that has always been a sticking point for me. I believe in bigfoot. I've seen these things.
Speaker 4: I know they're real.
Speaker 3: The problem I have is with dog Man and some of these other lesser known I can't say lesser known, but some of these other cryptids that people describe. You've got these, whether the California Walkers or what is it I'm drawing up on the Fresno Crawl and those kind of things. I've actually interviewed someone last year who had an experience with what they believe to be a Fresno Crawler type creature. But dog Man is probably the one we can stick with at this point. Some of the things that you talked about, when you take this very physical, flesh and blood scientific approach and you get into hominology, you look at the science behind how things walk, move, and they're didnition, and how they would evolve if they evolved from millions of years ago or if they evolved more recently. All of those things, dog Man just does not compute to me, because in my brain I go to a NuBus and things like that that are mythological creatures that we know of. As far as I'm concerned, there's nothing in the fossil record or even close to it that comes to a seven foot tall bipedal dog like creature. So where are you on that as a cryptozoologist. Maybe you don't look into dog men as much as some of these other creatures, But how do you rationalize that when you do your research into these creatures and you look at some of these sightings where people are saying, I saw a seven foot tall dog like creature, how does your brain work? And how do you do that research? Going into it? At least I would think you would have to go into it at least somewhat skeptical. Going physiologically, it doesn't make sense. So how do you rationalize that? And how do you approach that in your research?
Speaker 4: Of course, actually point since the dog man phenomena, it is a phenomena I look into quite a bit, because especially being seen here in North America quite recently. Really, what I've come to a conclusion would is that there's two types of cryptoi zoologiz Paul. There's pure flesh and blood cryptozoology and then what I like to call paracryptis, these old paranormal creatures that morphologically don't make sense dog man, goat man, sidings, the rake things like when they go and skin walkers, these creatures that can't morphologically make sense biologically. So there are origin points I put into not necessarily supernatural, but more paranormal to outside of normal, outside biology. What the Ulger point is, I don't know. That's really not what my research goes into. Like for instance, what Sashqu's phenomena. Not many times people bring up to me about the old phenomena and these creatures just disappearing in front of them, and these creatures are momal and like the evidence is a negative of something else. But all those signings of people getting that phenomena. I'm always one of those researchers that I will always take indy witness count bottom hand, Like always these people are seeing somebody, they're seeing something. Is it what they think they're seeing? Possibly? But what if it is another phenomena occurring like these paracryptids is the term of with Look when my French text ressident, there's some clean with attorney paracryptid research, but these paracryptids, there's a whole other astroid de cryptive zoology. It's like the new form of cryptozoology. I like to call it, like it's like the new blood of people are getting jamor oh what are these other more monsterrous creatures, more mysterious creatures, like for instance, thinking like dog man, dead thing, dogmen, I really wasn't talking about until nineteen nineties to go my phenomenon. Really wasn't talking about two thousands. The rake generally is a creepypasta, but yeah, people still see it in the woods. So what are these creatures? Are they pigments of our own imagination, all the creatures that have come up from our own psyche. A lot of people, to me, especially with the dog math, they're like what came first, the dog man or the werewolf? I don't really know what if it is us old traditions that turned into perspectives because a lot of cryptozoology I don't think a lot of people talk about really is psychology our own psyches. If you have a predetermined belief in something, you're expecting to see it in your own reality, like for instance, people that believe in sasquats. If you'll always think about Bigfoot whenever you see something big and hairy in the woods. Back in your mind, you're thinking it's a bigfoot, even though it's probably just a bear. You've probably heard the saying sash quarts on the mind or bigfoot on the mind. It's very much like that. It's like people that are highly religious and Jesus's facing the Jeta chit. If you do a lot of research in dog math phenomena of culture, expecting to see a dog man one day, not really expecting, but it's more likely to occur because it's already in your head. That's how the human psyche works. So it is more the cryptigs that put hand in hand with the more psychological aspects of cryptozoology.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned for more sasquat Chota see will be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: But the true flesh and blood, that's just stuff like the Bigfoot phenomenon, things like unknown cats lit near regular canine has been seen around the world, like the Shark King, the Asa, things like that. But really what's taken over cryptozoology recently is these paracryptige Let's be honest, they're a little bit more fantastical. They're the ones that are really the movie stars, the cryptozoology also with a lot of pots of homophism, the mixture of human traits and animal traits that's under we're seen throughout human history. If it's just for thousands of years, why would it not just now? What if these dog man and goat men and other creatures are just modern forms of the fond Greece of a newbish from Egypt. Because people think the same wading about now they think back then these are creatures that are just more psychological and origin gen truly physiological.
Speaker 3: You might say, yeah, it's the same thing with moth Man. It's one of those fascinating creatures. Everybody is in love. I can't say everybody, but a lot of people are in love with mathmn. It's a huge thing. The moth Man Prophecies obviously was a phenomenal book and then movie. I've been into moth Man. It's one of my favorite cryptids. It just doesn't make sense to me that it would really exist. However, so many people have had those kind of experience with these creatures. I interviewed Lynes Strickler. God has probably been two or three years ago at this point. From fantoms and monsters. If you guys have never checked out his blog. Line does amazing stuff as far as cryptids, bigfoot stuff. He had a ton of bigfoot experiences earlier on in life, and now he's basically, I can't say full time, but the majority of it his time is documenting these in and around Chicago. He's documenting these sightings of what can only be described as a mothman type creature flying around the city and other places. It's not just in Chicago, but primarily in Chicago. And Lon and I got into this conversation about they're using astral projection. They're using I guess you could only describe it as telepathy because he has this pretty large, expansive group of people that do research with him around the country. There's a lot of people that are intuitive and claim to have these abilities. And Line was telling me that they had connected with what they believed to be these mothman creatures, and they're basically in a nutshell. It turns out they think there's some sort of alien being. They're not of this world. They're not a flesh and blood, born and bred on the earth kind of creature.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's hard for me to wrap my brain around that kind of thing. Where are you on Mothman? Do you think it's something that could be one of these pair of cryptids as you call it. Do you think mass hysteria isn't even a thing when it comes to some of these cryptids.
Speaker 4: I think Madison sparia is a big part of this, Yes, But like with the moth math phenomena, I think I put it very much in the idea of that these paracryptids. Because it's always a conversation. I always remember it's the first time I ever met Ken Darehart. I I went up to hey, mister Gerhard, I only first met him. You all researched black human origin? Yes, or like they don't make sense biologically, He's what do you mean. I'm like, everything that has a spinal cord has full lives. These creatures are say, with arms, legs, and wings. There's no longer a tetrapod. It's all the insight. At that point, He's okay, you have a good head on his shoulders. I'm like, thank you. So stuff like that doesn't biologically make sense. Think about dragons. Dragons don't make sense because they're seeing what they're no longer a tetrapod. They're seeing what with fixullan but interesting chair because mothman is usually seen with just wings and lays, it's not really a lot of thigings of him having arm, Like the statue in Point Pleasant shows them off man with arms. Die witnesses didn't originally describe that. But when a lot of modern eye witnesses or men describe arms, are they referencing arms because they start on the statue or at a refuge to arms? Because they're actually seeing in reality? For instance, this is actually a phenomenon that I'm coming up a lot now in a recent research comping a lot more research into international cryptids into these built Congolese mon the dinofolls. Okay, in another dinosaur scene in Africa, No, it's interesting. No, it came out a couple of years before that Lost World by Darob de Coronan Doyle about living dinosaurs, and then all of a sudden in Africa people start seeing living dinosaurs, but the locals were referencing something totally different. It's the same phenomena we see now, like, for instance, how many dog Man eye witnesses describe what I saw was exactly like what I saw in the dog Soldiers or at Helsing or any other werewolf movie. Are they referencing it because they already saw the movie, so they have an idea what it looks like. We'll they just like matching it to what, don't you know? So it's the idea of I said earlier, the precognition of you already saw a werewolf, you know what a werewolf looks like. You see something that's more kind of werewolf like, so you make it aware, you make it a dog. It's very much like a sasquatch too. We know what primates look like, and we know what humans look like. We make sure both together. So I think that's one thing why we have a lot more sashquatch signs, a lot more dogma signs, is just because we'll bring it up more. And it'd be that people are bringing it to the researchers like me and you because there's more researchers now. But also when people start hearing about Bigfoot and sasquatch, they are more expecting to see them in their reality. A lot of researcher will say a lot of signs of miss identifications. There is a phenomenal our current here. I don't think anyone that saw big flat saw a bear. No, the sidings are totally different. Now mopology doesn't make sense. But a big aspect of which cryptosology is the psychology of like what the congo these dinosaurs. Okay, the native traditions reference these creatures, but if you love at the original prescriptions, they're describing elephants and rhinos and giraffes. But then after show out to Cornandorial's a lost world, people started describing soulpod dinosaurs he wreches down to Congo. It's not what their locals are referencing, it's what they are bringing with what called cultural anacriticism. Africa. Right now, we're seeing as the dark continent. They've seen it's like a wild space where dinosaurs could live. So people brought in their own cultural ideas, mixed it with the indigenous culture, and came out with more bashardized ideas of these indigenous legends. I think that occurred here in North America as well. For instance, I like to bring up with history. When Thomas Jefferson made Milos Clark across the Mississippian by Potland, he told him we looked up with mammoth Sharon Brownslow because they had the idea that the Westernish matches were still like the store primordial round your giant bears and gympity catch lift and giant ground flows.
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 4: It wasn't. There's just more cultural necklacesm we see back then and we still do see nowadays as well.
Speaker 3: I have tried so many times to wrap my brain around some of the dog man sidings, and I have many times said, I think people are experiencing some sort of phenomenon. I think there's some sort of misidentifications going on with possible sasquatch sidings. Do you think it's possible that people are running into these gugway type sasquatch In some cases with that protruding muzzle, they look more dog like, And do you think it's a possibility that's happening, which is a phenomenon in and of itself, obviously, if it's a type of sasquatch that people are seeing that they may be thinking is a dog man. I've even went so far as to say they're allegedly some wild kangaroos here in certain parts of the country that people run into. And if you've ever seen one of those things standing up on its hind legs and it's pretty buff those things that they're horrifying, So I think that's a possibility for even some of these sightings. People laugh when I say dog Man is kangaroo, and I'm not saying that's the case for every single sighting, but do you think it's possible that Gugway and even maybe kangaroos are responsible for some of those encounters.
Speaker 4: Lord Colvin he brought up to me about how a lot of devil monkey sightings, a lot of original double monkey sidings, they referenced the kangaroo like leg, just the jita grade leg. So a lot of people thought maybe these double monkeys were those sightings of Midwest kangaroos that we know do exist. There's stories of kangaroos that we have found here in correct, So maybe a lot of these sightings could be missed identifications of kangaroos. And like for instance, the gogmath got brought up a lot when I did Doverle Monkeys and doug because of the cinema morphology. Imagine this, You see a six foot tall baboon stand up on two legs and look at you. What are you seeing right there? Thanks to the head and the ears. You might be seeing a werewolf extent up a bab boom, especially when fear kitchen to it. There's a lot of doffer monkey signings reference large pointed ears really akin to a canoe the gugley phenomenon. People don't really reference large ears. They reference small ears like humans. But still with that muzzle and weird looking leg, you can imagine a werewolf standing in front of them. I've heard a lot of eye witnesses to talk about I didn't know what I saw. I went online and didn't they find a dog man siding? Oh, I saw a dog man. They might be hearing a dog man before they ever hear but doug or even like bigfoot, how many dog man signs are actually sasquat signs or gugly sidings. How many bigfoot signs are actually like dougly signs of double monkey signings. Because one thing I bring up with people is if people don't know the name of the cryptid, they're not going to think it's that cryptid, like for instance, in North American eighth phenomena, these nates not all of people heard these. So if someone sees a chimp outside in the woods, they might think it's an escape chimp. Or if they've heard of bigfoot, maybe there's a big foot. What if it was one? He's all for me, Like, nomenclature is very important. We could those evolgy.
Speaker 3: Like.
Speaker 4: One thing that annoys me always is like someone sees a white bigfoot. Oh, I saw white big food. I saw yetti. No Yeti that belongs in the Himalayas. Don't be being a cultural appropriating cryptis now guys ye that's very much a local word for the net believes just because he saw a white bigfoot isn't when you saw Yeti and the Yeti was never described as white in first place. That was created back in the nineteen sixties where red no rain there. It's referenced originally as brown or red. And that's something too. How many of these signings are by media now people describe Yeti's as white. That came from what is his name? Abominable from Rudolph Reddno's reindeer. That's where that comes from, not from then actual original legends. Then people start seeing white yetties and the Himalayans. That doesn't make sense if the digenous culture never restless in the first place. That's a big aspect is a media aspect show this, but Jazquads after find Big Flindi's TV shows were created, people referenced would knocks more. How's more because they're reference in TV shows more So, that's an aspect of cryptos that people don't really realize is a big thing is what type of culture have you taken in? What type of media have you taken in? How does the media if that crypted? Like friendships earlier when we were out of the rink, is originally a type possible? It's never referenced out in the wild at all, but then people heard about it on Reddit and pepypositas and things like that. Then they started seeing it out in the woods. So are they making a blinde he started making up stories or is it that they heard it a rat like creature? Then they saw something weird in the woods and they made their own monster from the whole psych how much of this actually occurs in the woods that a lot of these crypto them maybe just alosly a big minutes of imagination that have bit to own what I like to call psychological topa. People reference topass like in Buddhism. It's like when you put enough thoughts into someday becomes real that it doesn't exist. Yes, it's an example of masshisteria. That's right. I think a lot of these par ecryptedge are lot of psychological topas. When you put enough thought into these creatures, you will see them in your reality shoot or later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wanted to switch gears a little bit. Speaking of the woods. I know you don't get out and do a ton of fielled research, but let's talk about some of the times you have gone out and actually looked for some of these creatures on your own. What's it like for you taking your research from the academic realm and writing books and actually applying that out in the field, boots on the ground looking for these things where, Hey, have you been looking for them? Whether it be bigfoot, dog man, whatever the case may be. And what kind of experiences have you had when you've been out there with me?
Speaker 4: And my field research is very scanch. It's like being a full time educator that think that most of my time. But one major I've done researching too was where my friends up in Bronston's, Oklahoma, so no Gloma, right along the Red River. My friend text question Jason Cleano, Texas front Coach. They have a camp shot out there and we've done research in that area because they received big book signings out there, dog man sightings, There's a haunted shovtay on top of a hill, so there's a lot of phenomena. Was Curry at once one of my major expeditions out there. It was my first one. We went out capping for a couple of days. That was the first ever time I experienced the zone Asylunce. Me and two hundred buddies were driving in a car driving a night going on this dirt road. We had all the windows down. We're starting the field, signing for to see anything in the field. All of a sudden we take this turn and complete silence, like flip the switch. And this is something I've heard about a lot, and then actually experiencing it in person, I was like, Oh, this is what people talk about. They see what people reference when they talk about the like a switch went off. There's no sound at all. You had that creepy feeling that something's watching you, something's there. I don't know what it is, but I know something's there that doesn't want me there. So my head of research self is like, yes, just keep going. Let's keep going and see what happens. But then my survival instincts kicking. You're like, wait, there's something told me to not be here. Why don't I just listen to that and get outtle So we moved it a little bit, but then we turned around and got right out of there, and right when we took that corner, sound happened old again, like frag g in section all. That was also the same night I heard some possible attast walk woolf from across the Red River because my friend tax on my host out there. He said, this time of year there on the other side of the Red River because it's higher ground and we're walking along the Red River at night, and hear how I go imate woolf from the other.
Speaker 3: Side of Rifford and stay tuned for more sasquatch out to sy We'll be right back after these messages.
Speaker 4: Was it a sasquatch, I'm not sure, but it did sound very Primarily, I want to do some more research into this year. I've done a litty scouting out at Palmellow Street Park. One area I really want to try to get into it, especially in Texas, is East Texas parts of like Sam Houston National Force and David Crockett State fulished because those are a lot of signings where a lot of sasquat signings happen. If digital signings happen occurring there, I'm going to go try to do some more field research this year. That's like you know how to do Like New Year's I have a goal from New Year's mineus this year is to try to do some more field research under my belt. Because I have your academic shot, I have that side, but actually doing out due doing field research, that's something I don't really do much. I want to try to do more because ultimately, how can you make discoveries without getting up and doing it yourself?
Speaker 3: Very good point. I want to talk about something that you just mentioned in your own experiences, and this is something that I've experienced before in the woods on some level, and people talk about this often. There seems to be this set of experiences that are often correlated with sasquatch encounters. This everything went silent, There's this smell, there's this ominous feeling, there's all these things. I infamously up until last year. It was late last year I think when I finally watched The Legend of Boggie Creek for the first time. People were giving me shit because I talked about it on this show and I host another show called That Bigfoot Podcast with my co host Wayne, and Wayne and I were talking about the fact that we had never seen the movie The Legend of Boggie Creek, and we actually had people emailing in saying, how can you call yourself a Bigfoot researcher if you've never seen the Legend of Boggy Creek. It's a cheesy docu drama from the nineteen seventies. Dude, you don't have to watch that to be qualified as an investigator to look into Bigfoot. But I digress. Actually, when I watched this film, Wayne lives up in Tennessee. I'm here in North Carolina. We were texting back and forth as we were watching the film together in separate places, and I'm a note taker, so I had my notebook out and I took a whole litany of notes, and I was taking note of everything that was coming up over and over in the movie as far as what people were experiencing. And then Wayne and I actually did a full episode of That Bigfoot podcast breaking down what we experienced when we watched the movie and how it's probably different here and at that time it was twenty twenty four versus nineteen seventy one or whenever the film came out. We were talking about that stuff. But I brought it up to him and I said, look, dude, it just clicked with me. I have probably interviewed at this point well over a thousand people for this show and then doing it in person at speaking events and conferences literally around the world. At this point. In all the time, these same few things come up. And I said to him, if you talk to people, well, even as young as you are, I think you're a much younger guy than I am. Certainly even your age bracket millennial age range we're talking, are familiar with the legend of Buggie Creek. And certainly if you talk to people that have had experiences and are into this from my age and even older, that's something that comes up. So they've seen that film. Do you think it's possible looking at the psychological part of cryptozoology, do you think it's possible that at least plays a part in some of these encounters. I love encounter stories I've said it plenty of times. I don't have anybody on my show that doesn't believe they experienced what they say they experienced, no matter how wild it gets. So I think they're experiencing something. But is that an influencer watching Finding Bigfoot, watching Expedition Bigfoot? Even going back to the legend of Bogie Creek, do you think some of those things and have you've seen that in your own research that some of those things seem to always find way into these encounter stores.
Speaker 4: Actually, like, for instance, one thing nice for a lot of witnesses, there's people describing the arm movement of Shasquatch. You're describing the paddy walk. I think a lot of clearly hoaxed videos they do the paddy walk. But then when you're thinking about it, are people referencing what they saw in the Passing Gimblin film? Or it is the passor Gimblin film indicative of a morphology of behaviors of the SATs Quarts, Maybe they move like that. You have to think stuff like that Rusially here in Texas, especially here in the South, the legendbid Creek is huge. I've sproken a fout before, especially fout itself. It's a five building. It's a very small town, but thanks to the legend of Body Creek, it brings in people from all around the world, all around the country. So it's like all the ideas of like cryptotourism kind of kicksen when you have a local monster it brings into people. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Like I've talked to people out in last year that had sightings the year before or earlier that year. So I think there's still phenomena going on here. But you do have to think of how it does affect people, to be honest, When I was driving the Foub at night and I was driving the area, I'm like, yeah, I can see how people are gonna say there's a monster out here because you get that that squatchy feeling in the air, like, oh, shasquatch could be out here. Doesn't mean it is, not necessarily, but you get that feeling, Like the idea of humans necessarily being afraid of the dark, scared of monsters in the dark, doesn't mean a monster is there, not necessarily, but your mind already puts one thing. I think of instance, what Fauk monster think of Schwalt monsters, things of like small things and things like that. That's very common within a lot of media. Within a lot of movies, people bring up legend of Bolic Creek. People also bring up to the creature from Black Lake that was taking down an Acado Lake down in Texas. It just happened after the Boggy Creek. But it's very similar movie, but it's all fictional, but references agile bigfoot sidings in the area. So these idea of swamp creatures, does that make it that people see more bigfoots than swamps or when they go into swamp expecting to see some type of creature. Possibly. I bring up to Honey Island's fault Montster a lot and I as Faltmonts is very famous bigfoot signings that had Donalds the end. But interesting because people take it as the bigfoot sidings. But when you look at the aviduence, they referenced fee toed tracks and they literally say the things they have gator have gorilla that biologically can't exist, and a lot of sidings from that area stopped with a guy with Harlot Forder. Harlot the Border was one that took the famous video of a creature walking in the woods. And also a lot of those be toot tracks were done by the same guy, but then as soon as he passed away, a lot of sidings stopped. So are people referencing a creature down in Honey Island because of a local legend of it? Boys are actually a feature down there, Like for instance, where people go up to Pacific Nold West, very well known for bigfoot. People got to go to Willow Creek and Boggy Creek. They're expecting to see a bigfoot. Is it that there's a big pin in the area. Yes, they probably are. But when you're expecting to see a sashquatch, you're more willing to shoot one, if that makes sense psychologically, Like when you're up in the Pacific Old West show. Yeah, it's a bigfoot area, but she's something I'm more willing to see. A shasquatch g more like it to a shot squatch. That also does occur a lot of times with a sweet Shirt as well.
Speaker 3: I want to talk about something that has always fascinated me. Me and you have probably talked about this sometime before, but I know you've hooked up a couple of times and went out with Rod Nichols. I've had him on for Bear Canty Bigfoot a couple of times on the show. We correspond. He sends me stuff on Instagram. Often he's finding a lot of these stick structures and these weird formations that are made out of sticks and trees and those kind of things. What have you discussed in your research, maybe you've even been out with Rod and doing some of the things that you guys have done out in the field. What do you make of these stick structures? Does it make sense to you that there would be some giant Harry hamanid doing these things? Because I've looked into it. I wrote about it in my book Sasquatch On Least The Truth Behind the Legend. I talk a little bit about known ape behavior versus what we're seeing in Sasquatch Bigfoot research, and it doesn't necessarily correlate, because I guess the next best thing for me as far as comparison, would be looking at lowland gorillas. For example. Do they make nest Yes, there's some crude nest making stuff going on, but it doesn't correlate with what we seem to be seeing specifically here in the lower forty eight over in North America? Has that changed since you've been doing some of the stuff with Rod and maybe finding some of this stuff on your own as far as overall and the research with the stick structures and the formations gone out with a Rod.
Speaker 4: A couple of times out here in Chantonio, I've seen a lot of church structors he's reference, I've seen myself me personally, it's very much something a person can make. We know a person can make these. What a person make them? That's the next quession we've bring up, Like, for instance, one time we found one un less than ten feet away beer cans and stuff like that from people that are homeless. So are homeless people making stick structures out in the woods. It's possibility, but brings any idea of plausibility. Is it possible to bigfoot's making this? Yes? But is it plausible what's making these? So we have to begin an idea of a lot of these parks and over the city. Yes, there are creek systems that connect them. Could a bigfoot walk along these pic systems? Yes? I brought it up to Rod personally that I think that these bigfoot could be using this creek system. But they wouldn't be living along the creek system. They've been moving in and out to one region from from San Antonio, the south of San Antonio, but they would be living along this creek. Maybe the stick structures could be indicative of maybe where to hide. For instance, one that we've found and almost look like a hunting block, it was right along a game trail where we saw that the deer world walking across a far away from the human trail, and it was right along the trail. I'm like, Okay, it almost looks like a human hunting block. But I don't think anyone's hunting gear out in the park in San Antonio, Texas. I don't think that's happening. So what would make a hunting blind along a game trail that's not human? That does sound very sasparts like behavior. But that's also the thing too that's very hard with this phenomenon is that we've not seen big fo making this, at least from what I referenced with Rod, I can't think of any signings that he has a bigfoot in these parks, because of course no one's out there at night. That's why we've even brought up the idea of I wish I could talk to homeless people that live in the sports. What are they feed out there? The ones that are on crazy amounts drugged or the ones that are level headed at my reference? Oh yeah, maybe I saw this, Maybe I saw this. But because there's not a lot of evidence to back up these stick structures, that's the hard part. Okay, there's stick structures, and then there's people saying that they saw a large hair creature living in the area. Okay, cool, So those are two pieces of evidence that could be co laying to the same phenomena. But because there's only one phenomenon occurring, it's hard to reference that these truly all Sasquat behaviors. I am about eighty percent you're Sasquatch, but I still have that twenty percent saying that maybe this could be. One thing I brought up to him before is a lot of these stick structures. It sticks lined up next to each other, and it's almost always mesquite. Mesquite would here in the South Texas they use mosquite for bob cues, camping and things like that because the trill rich flavor when you cook with it. What if it's people being out with ski to dry it to go use it somewhere else. That's why I want to have wondered with him, is like, maybe see if it's altered. See if it's the same stick staying up the whole time throughout the year, or is it people moving it and putting something back. It is not any means a person. What if it is something else moving it? But even like Native Americans, they would use mosquite wood and other woods as fire and smoke to prevent insects and stuff like that. It's actually really good to prevent mosquitoes. I don't think very much making fires out there in the woods. I don't think bigfig can make fire. So maybe that's indicative something that's more human like, especially because a lot of these places along it's all out of creek, it's very close to a boy Scout area. Well, if the boy Scouts are there, maybe boy scouts going in the middle of the park and camping. Honestly, if you're a boy Scout and you have nowhere to camp outside the town, I'll go camp in the park. Maybe it might be illegal, but if you get caught if you don't, so it could be bigfoot. But the more plausible reason could be that these are humans, but I do think there our sadequorts move me in the area because there are these stick structure that are more elaborate, more indicative, something stronger breaking it. For instance, we foun out a treat I literally got pushed down nowhere where you can bring tracked vehicles know the woods. You need twenty dirty people to pull that down. But itf be a sasquats pulling it down. It's possibility. Because no one saw it, we don't know for sure. But adds a lot of this evidence is we don't know if bick flood did this. We can only speculate from there.
Speaker 3: That's the first time I'd ever heard that the majority of what they were finding, as far as these structures, were made out of mesquite. That's a question I'm going to have to start asking folks are they familiar with the type of wood that they're finding in these areas, because that's a very Ockham's Razor way to explain this. It could be somebody simply drying wood to go barbecue in the park later on, because I'm sure they probably have barbecue setups out in these parks. That's a very Ockham's Raiser way to look at that situation. If you don't have bigfoot on the brain, that's probably the most likely of the explanations in my opinion.
Speaker 4: One thing I've talked to Rod about is like, maybe next time we go out there, bring someone that has no idea what we're doing, no idea what they're going to see. Bring them out there and what do they see? What do they think is going on here? Because me and him a very much bigfoot researchers, we have cryptos erologists, so we're come at it from a bigfoot perspective. Bringing someone out there it doesn't even believe in bigfoot, what do they think this is? Because you need to get those different perspective. I tell people, when they find evidence of bigfoot, bring out someone that doesn't believe in bigfoot, what do they think of it? Then take it to the cryptoisologists or researcher because you need to get those different perspectives in there, or you're just gonna have the same perspective over and over again. Then that becomes dogmatic, and that becomes an echo chamber. We don't walk down this research. We want different perspectives. We want the outside purview.
Speaker 3: Stay tuned for more Sasquatch yoh to see, We'll be right back after these messages. Absolutely, we've mentioned them a couple of times. Why don't you give everybody a breakdown of all the books where they can find them and where's the best way they can get in contact with you should they feel so inclined.
Speaker 4: Of course, I have three books out. First one got polished back in twenty twenty. It was cryptos of the World, very much a kind of encyclopedia different cryptoshoot around the world, from Bigfoot here in North America, the Gugwe of Africa Yahwe if you think of cryptet agender. My second book was Sasquatch or Prehistory of a Living Legend, very much a older point of sasquat. What is the biology of the sasquatch species? Of what could these creature come from? Third book is of course beyond Bakerfoot right an unrecognized primate g in North America, North credited age double monkeys. Actually guess would be the first show our partners out there in public. Working on a fourth book right now, I'm actually working on a series on the different cricketers around the world. But backing up like County so To to Africa, to Europe of Asia. That's a project I'll be working on for the next couple of years because I really want to put my research into it as much as I can. If you want to reach out to me, I'm available on Instagram, Facebook if you can said for Brian Edwards. My email is Ryan Edwards dot crypto at gmail dot com. I'm always open to talking to eyewitnesses and other researchers of people that, hey, you don't believe in Bigfoot, reach out to me and with you with your talk. I'm always open for conversation.
Speaker 3: There you have it, folks. I will link to the books in the show notes you guys, go and pick them up. They are excellent. Ryan, as always, man, I appreciate you coming on the show. I had a blast talking to you as much.
Speaker 4: Coming on.
Speaker 5: They say you don't gotta go home, but you can't stays stepsis.
Speaker 2: Chart, there's chid that chart. Everything calling right back, Pride back joy for me, Joy, stay right there, you come it right away. Still still ss ss sssts. Fact do.
Speaker 4: Not do.
Speaker 2: Not talk about the.
Speaker 1: Games.
Speaker 2: Still stills us still things us USS