Speaker 1: It's Nightside with Dan Ray on WBS, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you very much for introing me, and good grief, where has the week gone? I was here Monday and Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday. I'm here now and I'll be here next Monday and Tuesday. Philly in for Dan. He'll be back with a brand new set of shows on the first of the year, Wednesday, January one. But I'm ahead of myself. Let's stay with tonight. You've heard this name many a time, usually towards the end of Nightside. Dan has said it, I have said it, but a lot of you just have no idea of the responsibilities that this woman has making sure Nightside fits for you to spend four hours listening to it. I have spoke welcome to this woman, and as a matter of fact, I'm going to say at least a dozen conversations I've had with her setting up my week of fill ins and the guests that I have here on night Side. So without further ado, she's now my one of my new best friends. Karen. Karen, welcome to this side of night Side. You're normally on the other side of night Side.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is this is an absolute treat. Morgan, thank you so much for having me on. This is new for me. I'm not usually on that speaking side. I'm on the cruising side.
Speaker 2: Well I had you on what three years ago somewhere in there.
Speaker 3: What. Oh yeah, yeah, it's been a while.
Speaker 2: It's been a while and it was time to do it again. Now right off the bat, you're one of the producers. They're a good four at times five producers of Nightside. Tell people what your responsibilities are to this show with Dan Ray.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, so I actually fill in for Marita who Marita McKinnon lightning as she's referred to. Uh, I did fill in for her, and uh when I fill in, we're actually responsible for you know, we have to for guests at the top for the eight o'clock hour, which can be challenging, I'll tell you, because you know, you got to find four topics that you know that you deem interesting for the listeners, and then we have to go fetch you know, four people that can support that topic and obviously do it properly, and they have to be experts, and so you know, it can be challenging. Then you know, once we find our four guests, if we have those nails down, and it takes it takes a while. I know it takes me. I'm not sure how Maria handles it, but it takes me a while to find people because you know, if you if you think of one person, you're like, oh, they'd be great, you contact them and they're like, oh, I can't do it, and then you're like, oh, shoot, now I need somebody else, so you got to go fetch someone else. And so it's it's fun. I enjoy it, but it can be challenging. And then you know, sometimes you just can't. You love a topic, but you just can't find a guest that you know is great to cover the topic. So you can't just okay, well we've got to move on. Got to find a different topic, and well, you know, it's it's a little bit of a challenge, but it's certainly fun. Get to meet all sorts of new people, so to speak, because you get to you know, talk to new people. You know, you email people and they're like, oh, yeah, I used to you know being you know, used to work in radio, or sometimes they used to you know, be in the Boston area they're now in California, or yeah, so it's kind of fun. Then after you nail down all the guests for the evening, then you know what I usually do is I'll write up a little blurb to look at sheet sheet for the host because you know, I'm booking the stuff, They're not really going to know much about the topic possibly or who the guest is. So you know that's it's a lot of paperwork like that. Then after you get all that paperwork settled, then you're going to go and advertise it on you know, social media. We do Facebook. Actually, Marita and Dan for the most part do Facebook live every day at four thirty, So if you ever want to tune that in, you know, you can go on to Facebook via night Side Web Facebook page and you see Dan and Marita they promote the show and there's a lot of moving parts.
Speaker 2: Did you promote yourself today?
Speaker 3: I did not. I was actually off today, Marita, I guess did the night Side hit at four thirty. So I'll be doing it Monday and Tuesday though, because Marita's off. Yeah, I'll be producing.
Speaker 2: I was wondering how you promoted yourself, but you didn't do it to themself?
Speaker 3: No, I didn't. I'm kind of shy about it too. When I'm on Facebook, I'm kind of like, oh, but I love I love I love the listeners. I mean that they're absolutely you know great, you know, we really are.
Speaker 2: I'm going to say something right now, any of the regulars who are listening to night Side, you are huge proponents of Dan Ray and Nightside. If you have in mind a guess that would work well for night Side, call tonight. Leave that person's name and information, Marie I'm sure has a pencil and paper next to the phone, and just maybe you'll help Karen do her job.
Speaker 1: I'd love it.
Speaker 3: We need all the help we can get.
Speaker 2: That would be so. The phone number here is six one, seven, two five ten thirty or eight eight eight nine to nine ten thirty. Camblue Semi is my guest and she's one of the producers of Nightside. How long have you been with Besy and did you start off with the task that you have for Nightside or did you start somewhere else on the chart?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, I actually I started in nineteen eighty eight. Yes, I'm a little old. Started in nineteen eighty eight. I was actually twenty back then when I started, So yeah, so yeah, nineteen eighty eight. I was hired like for fill in. I was. They called it a casual employee back then, and yeah, you would fill in for the regulars. It's it's basically like part time, but you literally would fill in here and there. It was. It was less than part time work.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It was very casual, so, you know, and I did what Rob does right now. I worked the board. So I was basically a board operator. We were still called producers. We're still called producers because I guess we're we are producing the product. So yeah, I worked the board. I started with Dave Maynard. Believe it or not, I was.
Speaker 2: In the morning exactly the jingle we used.
Speaker 3: To play right right, Yeah, he was. He was a card. So I started with him. It was Maynard in the morning that was like talking music, and then we had the afternoon was like Tom Kennedy and Paul Perry, Bruce Stevens the music, and then I think, I mean we definitely did some news in there at some point I can't remember when, like Gary, I mean Gary was there, Deb Lalla all them, and then evenings were like Peter Mede and David BRODNOI I you know, so I basically did the board like, like, Rob, does you just the phone? I thought, it's so much different now. I mean I walked in the mask to control the other day and it was just like a light show in there, and I was like, Oh my gosh, like what is all this stuff? It was crazy.
Speaker 2: Rob's been here for twenty five years, believe it or not.
Speaker 3: Oh, I know because I work you by seven. Yeah, I know, he's Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: We we're oldies, oldies for goodies.
Speaker 2: Right now, I'm going to take a break. You know the clock for this show as well as I do, so I'm going to take a break. When we get back, I want you to tell me some of the favorite people that you have coordinated for Dan Ray on night Side. So you think about that while we have our break. And who else wants to call in six five, four, ten thirty, eight, eight, eight, nine, ten thirty Please call Ty and Temperature here on Nightside eight point fifteen thirty five degrees. Now back to Dan Ray.
Speaker 1: Mine from the Window World.
Speaker 2: Night Side Studios on WBZ News Radio. Karen blu Semmi is my guest, one of the producers of night Side, and we had a woman on hold named Karen and she hung up. So, Karen, if there was a reason that you hung up, I understand, But if it was an accident or you got cold feet, called back in, you would be the first caller that Karen will talk talk to. And Karen, I asked her before the break a guest that you coordinated, you arranged them to be on with Dan Ray, give me a couple of your favorites.
Speaker 3: No, boy, it's hard to pick favorites. Well, I mean we have we haven't array usually. I mean I definitely try to look for, you know, newsworthy or you know, things that are different. Obviously Dan has to be comfortable with the topic as well, and you know, so sometimes we coordinate that way, and we tried for the eight o'clock hour. We try not to get too like a heavy topic because it can you can't cover it in ten minutes. So sometimes it's a topic that you know, we definitely want to carry over into another hour. So but yeah, I mean we've had definitely an array of different people. I kind of enjoyed. There was a gentleman, you know, after the Maui fires the Banyan tree. It was like a miracle that this you know, one hundred and fifty year old banyan tree survived, and he was He's an arborist and he's in charge of, you know, trying to bring this tree back, and it is coming back fully, which is kind of giving the island hope, you know. So that was that was nice. I found him by chance because you know, I was like, I got to get an arborist, and you know who's going to answer the phone? What I call? You know, I mean, it's not there are these experts. We don't have them on well I don't. I don't have a big long file of people that I can go to, I mean, because the topics are always changing. So well, now I have an arborist in Maui, but well, you know, it takes a while to build. You know that I'm.
Speaker 2: Guessing because I do it. But I've been doing it for four decades. I have no fear of making a cold call, as as it's termed meaning you doubt somebody you've never spoken to before. You want them to do something like talking the radio in front of thirty eight states, and you've got to try and immediately introduce yourself to them, make them feel comfortable with the idea of being on the radio, and I'm assuming cold calls no big deal for you.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I mean, yeah, no, I have no fear of calling people asking them if they want to join us. And actually it's great because yeah, I mean, busy radio speaks for itself. Because I mean, like you said, thirty eight states, we're streaming on the web where I heart. You know, it's cute wide.
Speaker 2: Well, you've got a phone caller. I'm sure she doesn't want to talk to me. She's called to talk to you. She lives in my community of Newton, Suzanne, Suzanne, welcome to.
Speaker 5: An honor to talk to you and your guests. I have a suggestion for a light side someday in the future.
Speaker 2: And who would that be?
Speaker 5: Well, he is Daved. He was chief of psychiatry at Best General. He has stepped out, doctor Roses, but he is experimenting and had quite a bit of success with giving the magic mushrooms for depression.
Speaker 2: All right, have you heard of this psychiatrist?
Speaker 3: But Rosenbaum's sounds familiar. I don't know why.
Speaker 5: He's a psychiatry at Last General for many years. Yeah, and he's and he's very well known, and he now has stepped out as chief and he's working from home much and his secretary takes boys fails from me and other people, and he understands to go to Dantucket once a year. And he's really Yale educated med school school. So I've just thought I've never taken them, but very controlled justice for depression and people apparently stand up feel.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the suggestion. And Karen, did you write that name down?
Speaker 5: I think I'll just get you to buy ice water.
Speaker 2: But don't we appreciate you taking the time to call us. And by the way, happy.
Speaker 5: Holidays, Thank you too.
Speaker 2: And Karen did you write that one down?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 3: I did, because now you know this is a is a hot topic right now, right now.
Speaker 2: Definitely, let you have time. I have time. Let's go to Quincy. I don't know if this is the Kathy who called before. Kathy, I can't believe it. Now that's twice she has hung up.
Speaker 3: Oh no, we're very friendly here, I promise.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I don't know if it was on our end or her. And but Kathy, no waiting. You call right back please and we'll get that you are.
Speaker 3: So that phone might be disconnecting, you know, cell phones by.
Speaker 2: What number do people need to reach you with, whether it's through the computer or office line. Tell people your information.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and you know, any suggestions or anything you could. You could reach me at Karen VI SEMMI my name, It's k A R E N b U S C E M I at iHeartMedia dot com. That's my email and I don't really I mean I have a phone number, but not to get.
Speaker 2: Ahe the email should be sufficient. Kathy is back and let's hope this time it's not a problem. So Kathy, Hi, somehow.
Speaker 6: I got disconnected there, Morgan, how are you?
Speaker 2: I am fine, thank you for your persistence.
Speaker 6: But two things real quick three But first of all, I want to wish everybody at Busy happy news year, same to you. And I want to say the thing that I love about Busy and talk radio in general, although sometimes I get upset with some of the viewpoints I hear and I go no, But anyway, it's it's it's I've been a talk show listener since the Larry Glick days, okay, way way back, and Jerry Williams remember him quite well.
Speaker 2: I did a thing on Jerry Williams earlier this week.
Speaker 6: Oh I missed that one I'm sorry. I had companies so I didn't have you on, but normally.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry. Alan Toles who was Jerry Williams producer in two different communities of which Boston was one, and he helped write a book along with Steve Elfman, who was another Jerry Williams producer, called Burning Up the Air. HU track that book down. If you're Jerry Williams fan.
Speaker 6: It's what was Wow, I'll have to look. I'm vision appeared. So sometimes it's hard to find some of those books. But okay, I don't know if it's available on tape or not, but that would be is it really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Where would I find it?
Speaker 2: I would call a book her company like Barnes and Noble and begin your search through them.
Speaker 6: Oh, I'll put my sister onto that because, as I said, I'm blind, so I can't do some of that stuff. But I can talk to my sister and she can look it up. But I go back to the Larry Glick days, Glory Larry Glick days, every why oh Man every night, and he'd have his wife Patricia on, and one of my girlfriends got very friendly with her. Over the years. He used to actually meet her and stuff like that. But we used to. We were real glicknics. I mean, I'd get into trouble because if I was in college and I'd have to go back to class the next day, and I'd get stuck on Larry and stay up all night listening to him.
Speaker 2: There's a man I know on the radio and his name is Larry click click clip.
Speaker 6: And then they had this other one, glick Knicks, blick Knicks. I forget how that whole thing went.
Speaker 2: Don't forget Larry click lemonade, Larry lemonade, Larry click lemonade.
Speaker 6: Oh god. And then Jelly had that woman that used to call up and sing all the time. Oh what was her name? And she'd call up and sing all these nineteen twenty songs and all this, and she was I think she was born a nightclub singer or something, the music lady. No, it wasn't music lady. I forget what her name was.
Speaker 2: I wish I had Alan on now he would.
Speaker 6: Know, yeah, he would know that when he went in, because I was thinking about that. But oh, some of the people. And then, you know, I was a folks singer back in the day, and I liked all the you know, I remember calling during the all the stuff with you know, Martin Luther King and all the stories and everything, and there was a performer I loved. His name was Theodore Biquel and he's gone now too.
Speaker 2: I know that name quite well.
Speaker 6: Oh he's wonderful. I had such a crush on him. I used to go and see him when he came to Boston. And he was one of the friendliest guys. And I was into languages at the time, and he could sing, as you remember, in any language.
Speaker 3: You know pretty much yea.
Speaker 6: And I loved Israeli and Yiddish songs, and so he was one of my favorites. And I used to love it when Jerry had him one you mean Larry Larry? I mean Jerry what Jerry was? No, Larry was cool and you could do. He did a lot of funny stuff. Remember the Champagne Lady, that's the one she called. Oh she was funny, you sing. And of course when Kenny Meyer got on, that was fun.
Speaker 2: To be on with me on Monday.
Speaker 6: Oh you're kidding, Oh goody, I don't kid. Well, get what time are he going to be on? What hour?
Speaker 2: Nine to eleven?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 6: Okay, that'll be fun. Yeah, I haven't seen. My husband went to Graham Junior College and stuff, and he he actually knew Kenny better than I did.
Speaker 5: But I went there as well.
Speaker 6: I was, oh, then you might you might have known my husband. His name is Chris and he's we met you. You came to one of the American Council of the Blind functions we had here or something someone of the banquets, and I remember meeting you.
Speaker 2: Then I do those once a year for John OLIVERA.
Speaker 6: That's right, and we were at one of those years ago, and uh so I got to talk to you that and you like my dog.
Speaker 2: Yes, I recall that. Yeah, so real, I have to take a break, so real quick.
Speaker 1: Is there anything else not that I can think of?
Speaker 6: But I love your show, and I think for a lot of people, especially those who are elders or who are alone, you bring some real community to their lives and it's something they can look forward to. And I think you're great.
Speaker 2: Kathy. Thank you very much. I appreciate that, and I hope you and your husband have a healthy and happy twenty twenty five.
Speaker 6: Well you too, Morgan, and we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 2: Take care, bye bye bye, all right, Karen half the hour down, half the hour to go. Let's get news out the way so I can get you on the more people, and I'll just do time and temperature eight thirty one thirty five degrees.
Speaker 1: It's night Side with Dan Ray on WBS, Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: Karen Semi, one of the producers of night Side, is my guest, and I thought it might be interesting for you, the Nightside fans and listeners to hear some of the behind the scenes information of how Nightside gets brought to you five nights a week. So are you ready to go back to the phones?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 2: Well, you've got Bill Winaker from the famous Yes.
Speaker 3: That's all.
Speaker 1: I just I just wanted to tell you you when you do the pregame, you make it so much fun. It's just it's a riot. You're so happy, jolly, is enthusiastic. It's that's like five or ten minutes of joy in the in the later part of the day. It's just you do a great job.
Speaker 3: Oh, I appreciate that, You're very sweet. I get nervous. I'm very nervous about especially that I well, luckily I can't see everyone looking at me, but I get nervous, but I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: Well, you're you're great at it, and you do really well and you make everyone want to listen to the show. You So, how many years have you been have you been at the station?
Speaker 3: Well, well, I started in nineteen eighty eight, so I'd say it's probably been about thirty six years. But yeah, so I started when I was twenty that I haven't left. I must, I must love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, that's that's a test of it to both you and and the company. You know, to have that longevity, that's that's so great. You know a few once, Yeah, we we had a brief conversation when we were doing the Bradley J Show a long time ago. You called and set it up or something. I know we spoke then, but uh, you do great work. I don't remember her same.
Speaker 2: Yeah you name dropper you Bradley Jay's coming in at nine o'clock. Okay, yeah, in roughly twenty two minutes, Well.
Speaker 1: Said of my best.
Speaker 2: No, I'm going to give you permission. And I've never given anyone this permission where I've had them on. They'll hang up and they are allowed to call back in twenty minutes later.
Speaker 1: So I mean, and I've never done.
Speaker 2: I have never done that in forty plus years of radio.
Speaker 1: Ever, I believe that I've.
Speaker 2: Let people call in the next week or the next day in certain circumstances, but I've never encouraged somebody to call again within twenty minutes. Oh yeah, you must be special, you must care.
Speaker 1: Well. I love Karen. She does a great job. And I love you. You you you are a master of radio. I mean. And there's some you know, there's an award I want for you, and I hope it will happen someday.
Speaker 2: I'll sit and be patient. If it happens, I love it. If it doesn't, I'll still come to work the next week.
Speaker 1: You'll come to work. But you're you deserve it. And uh, you know, you're put on the radio for a long time, and every program is fun. You make it fun. And not only that, but you're so you're you're so interested no matter who the guest is, You're able to almost be the co guests with the guests, even though you're the host. You know about everything. I've never met anybody that knows about so many different fields. Your memory is phenomenal.
Speaker 2: You know what happened this happened today. Last night I had Eryphy and doctor on Call for Action from TV four, and she called me back to thank me for having her on. Now that that has happened before, but that was such a pleasant surprise, and I told her I'm going to have her back in February because you know that it was great.
Speaker 1: We heard that driving home from a gig last night. We've heard you and Cheryl. That was terrific.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you now, anything else you want to say to Cambu Semi?
Speaker 3: No, I'm blushing.
Speaker 1: I appreciate her great work in the thank spirits. Yeah, so take care. I'm not sure if I if you're really if I should call Bradley. I like Bradley.
Speaker 2: Up to you. If you want Rob, Rob will warmly accept your phone call. And if you don't call, you just want to listen. That's your option.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, thanks so much. I love you both. You're you're both grace.
Speaker 3: Okay, thanks for calling in, Bill.
Speaker 2: Thank you Bill, take your brother and your mother.
Speaker 1: I said hello, I sure will say Happy New Year Year you too.
Speaker 2: And some people who were wondering wondering if the sound of the voice reminds them of anybody, I'm gonna say, Karen reminds me of Sally Field from the Smoking the Bandit era.
Speaker 3: Oh really, because.
Speaker 2: Your petite and stature as was Sally Field. She had that that warm, wholesome smile on her face all the time. She was an adorable person.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm going to come on more often because all I'm getting is compliments. This is so nice.
Speaker 2: She's been curious about what Karen, who sent me, looks like I just told you.
Speaker 3: There you go, or tune in on Monday. I'll be doing Facebook Live at at four thirty.
Speaker 6: He can see me there.
Speaker 2: Let me I'll even tell you my Monday show run. Jerry Beck, who is an expert on animation, MeTV uses him for their information when they do animation cartoons. Clail Campbell a regular I've had on before. And Cleio and I are going to be talking about bands and musical acts from Boston in the eighties. Bradley Jan and I are going to be talking about that next hour. And doctor David Nathan, who I have to thank for keeping me alive. I had a hospitalization, a very serious hospitalation hospitalization twenty twelve, and he made sure that I'm still here. Breathe in Breathe Out and Barbara Feldon from Get Smart My Love Monday, that's my life Love Monday. And now I've heard the the pregame that you and me reading. There was another voice as well that that did Dan Rai's line up for an upcoming evening. Who who's the third voice?
Speaker 3: Not sure? I mean it's usually you're talking about the pregame Facebook Live. Yes, yeah, it's usually just me Dan or Marita doing it. Okay, well, I don't know of anyone else that might have done it.
Speaker 2: It won't be Dan on Monday.
Speaker 3: So no, it'll be It'll be me because I'm filling in for Marita on Monday and Tuesday, and I'm doing Dan on Wednesday as well.
Speaker 2: So the first and I'll have you a minute to answer this question. Okay, have you ever wanted to do your own show? Have you ever wanted to your voice to be the voice on radio?
Speaker 3: That's that's funny because I do get asked that all the time, you know, like, oh, have you ever wanted to be on air like full time? I'm not sure. I don't know if I could handle it. I mean, because I think of all the I mean, you guys are incredible. I mean talk hosts. You know, you're so well rounded. Just like Bill said, you know you know a lot about everything. I know a little bit about something. So you have fun. Yeah, i'd have fun, but I'm not sure you know how knowledgeable I would be about everything.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't feel like you know.
Speaker 2: How do you think Dane where he is doing this? Have you think I have achieved that? That across the board focus? You learn as you go along. True, as you go along, you learn and you allow information to come into you. Every day you hear a conversation between two people and you get that perspective that they have on politics, on sports, on the flavor of the month, Hollywood star, be it movies or TV. And your knowledge bank expands. You know, your knowledge bank has expanded weekly because of what you do.
Speaker 3: Oh? Absolutely, Oh that that is for sure. Yeah. I appreciate it too. I love it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to whisper in Bill's here, and you know, Bill our boss, I'm going to whisper Bill's in that maybe just maybe a Dan ray Off night should go to you. Now I'm cutting my I'm cutting my own throat because no, if it goes to you that means I'm not going to get it, but I think they should give you a chance because I think you could do a good job.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, I'm not sure. I mean maybe I should practice on some other station other than DZ right now. Oh, I guess I think you could do for me.
Speaker 2: I was like, all right, I have fun, don't copy me because I'm late for my break. I was supposed to take it a quarter of and it's a minute after that, so let me take the break and a little bit more of karenbou sent me after these messages. Here on night Side. The time and temperature eight forty seven thirty five degrees.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: My name Morgan White Junior. I'm filling in for Dan. Dan. We'll be back on Wednesday, the first of the year, twenty twenty five. My guest, one of the producers of Nightside, Karen Bousemi, is here and I've asked this question and maybe with the last eight minutes of show with Cameron, I'll get some phone calls. At least one more would be nice. She helps coordinate the guests that Dan Ray interviews So if you have somebody that you think might make a great guest, you may know them personally or be just aware of who they are. Call in six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty or eight eight, eight, nine to nine, ten thirty and tell Cameron who that person is and basically how she can track them down, whether it's a phone number or a website or an email, what have you. And you are going to be like an assistant to Karen Bussemi. That's a feather in your cap. And Nancy, who was sitting next to me, she is my producer on site with me here made a great suggestion. And the next time this situation comes up, I'm going to tell Bill this suggestion. Nancy said, the next time Morgan, you take a vacation, you need a night off. Now I've used Jordan in that capacity the last couple of times that's happened. But I don't miss shows. I rarely take a vacation and I don't think I've missed more than two shows in the past eight year. But the next time I do, I'm going to suggest to our boss Bill, let Cameron take over. Oh my god, I have I have an advantage. I have a come Rex, that's why I can do the show from my home. You are periodically at the Metro station location. True, true, so it's no big deal for you to go into the station. Yea. So one Saturday, one Saturday night from nine to midnight, you could do the Morgan Show tonight starring Caribou Semi and I will do this if you want, I'll line up guests, or if you prefer, I'll let you line up your own guests.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I definitely have Bill and Bow because you know they're they're fans, so I have for surely there you go.
Speaker 2: I've used them for two hours.
Speaker 6: Oh, there you go.
Speaker 3: I could do that.
Speaker 2: I would. I would get guests for you because, as you know, I have a litany of guests.
Speaker 3: Yes, and I would give.
Speaker 2: Them a heads up that I won't be doing it, but they'll be interviewed by a very smart, bright part of the w b Z family, Caribou Simi.
Speaker 5: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, you can pitch that to Bill. No guarantees.
Speaker 2: I know that, no guarantees, but I learned a lot, a lot of a lot of years ago. You ask somebody a question, if it floats into the world, of a favor. They can eat, say yes or no. Correct either way. If they say no, you have what you have before you ask. If they say yes, you get your request.
Speaker 6: Yay.
Speaker 2: Now are there any other aspects to your job that are necessary to do your job correctly?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean you pretty much have to make sure you have guests for the evening. That's that's my anytime I'm starting my day, if a topic is mentioned, and you know, if Dan or whoever I'm producing wants a certain topic covered, my mission is find a good guest to cover it, because a bad guest could be torture for the hosts.
Speaker 2: And you want to know, over forty five years of being in front of a microphone, and Bob, I've had bad guests and you know what I mean gonna I'm gonna name one right now.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I had?
Speaker 2: Oh tall? You what remind me that? That's what I've planned to do. But you've got a phone call, and calls take priority, So Susan and Cambridge, I'm squeezing you in to speak with karenbu Summy.
Speaker 4: Thanks, thanks so much. Morgan, and I'm calling actually just to second this idea that that she that we give her the Mic, because I've enjoyed this hour and for a long time I felt I mean I listened to Easy all the time, and you know, there's been great hosts over the years, talk show hosts, but no women, and we really need to start getting some some women. And I mean that's true of talk radio, you know in general, except for maybe on like you know, m PR and and you know, the public stations, but really lacking in talk rated. They're they're on the news. I mean, I love, you know, Nicole Davis delivering the news and everything like that, you know, so I don't see why they can't be when when we can't have them hosting and you know, helping to shape opinion out there.
Speaker 2: Doesn't Nicole Davis have a great voice, doesn't matter, she has a superb broadcasting voice.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, yeah, absolutely, But I think Karen could could could do really well because I've really enjoyed her tonight, just her general demeanor, her general bearing, like very you know, very kind of a more chill Sally Field, I would say, a little bit, you know, take down the perky notch and but very very amiable and very just yeah, I've enjoyed you, so thank you, and I love.
Speaker 2: Oh thank you, and happy New Year to such.
Speaker 4: I love you, and also for trying to promote women. That's a great idea.
Speaker 2: So thank you. Byebye, okay, bye bye, and I have just seconds to waves goodbye to you. But I'll be speaking to you next week because you and I are in constant contact. And Karen, oh, Karen's gone too. Oh my goodness. All right, Happy new Year to you. Cambus semi time and temperature eight fifty eight thirty five degrees