Speaker 1: This is WBZ, Boston's news radio. We defining local news. Good mornings six o'clock. See the Tuesday morning already, and the work week is just seeming to fly by, isn't it. We get partly cloudy skies just about sunrise here in Boston in fifty eight degrees. The News at six is brought to us by your new England Toyota dealer, your hybrid all wheel drive headquarters. Welcome aboard this Tuesday morning. I'm Jeff Brown, and let's do this again.
Speaker 2: Partly sunny and warmer today, will have highs close to eighty is WZ actueather meteorologist Tether's are clouds move in tomorrow? Rain expected on Thursday. School is just getting started around Massachusetts, but disruptions have become an all too familiar theme on school grounds. Police in West Bridgewater say a recent threat of a school shooting is a prank. Nonetheless, there will be more in uniform on public school grounds around town. A weekend on online threat against schools in Waltham is being called non credible by police there. A couple of teenagers face charges for recent threats in Methuen, and an investigation continues in Raynham Public schools for similar circumstances. Patients is in increasingly short supply on Capitol Hill these days. No surprise that Democrats and Republicans cannot agree on a way to avoid a potential government shutdown coming at the end of this month. House Speaker Mike Johnson's recent plan to kick the spending can down the road was pulled after being soundly rejected by just about everyone in the Chamber, including from members of his own party. Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer says his chamber is prepared to move and fast, but he says he'll need about a week to prod up to ten Republicans to buy in. The deadline is less than two weeks away. Days after an apparent second assassination attempt, Donald Trump is heading back on the campaign trail today. Now, the Secret Service admits it did not search the perimeter of the former president's West Palm Beach golf course in Flow, where it is believed the suspect hit out in the bushes for twelve hours.
Speaker 1: We have a radical left force, and we have forces, you know, I say that we have a lot of evil in the world.
Speaker 2: Trump will be in Michigan for a town hall style event tonight as Kamala Harris meets with the National Association of Black Journalists. This afternoon. Red Sox are back in action tonight at the trop It is the first of three against the Rays in Tampa. Surprise, the Falcons upset the Apple card to the NFL and nip the Eagles in the Bud on Monday Night Football, and it's a short week for the Patriots who get ready to travel to Thursday night's showdown with the Jets at the Meadowlands. And former Patriots head coach Bill Belichick again gets the attention of Pats fans with his appearance on the Manning Cast on ESPN What Now WBCs. Drew moholland is here with details. Good morning, Duriom, Morning Jeffy.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if this is going to become a Tuesday morning thing after Monday Night Football, but so far, so good. People remain fascinated with coach Bill Belichick and last night, a look back talked about the twenty eight three Super Bowl comeback win over the Falcons.
Speaker 4: I got back to the hotel, the game happened to be on in my hotel room, and so it was like the about the start of the third quarter, and I said, you know what, I need to sit down and watch this and make sure that we still want because maybe.
Speaker 3: That was just a dream he couldn't believe in credible twenty seventeen, that long ago.
Speaker 2: Right, So far, so good for Belichick as a media commentator. People love them. He's everywhere. People seem to be warming up now to Tom Brady too. Yeah, gonna take some time. Yeah, a good week two. This broadcasting thing is difficult. Temperance. That's not what's cracked up to be either. All right, Drew, thank you. One more day. Looks like we're getting started under partly cloudy skies this morning in Boston. Sunrise is still about twenty five minutes away at the bottom of the hour, very close to it these days. Fifty eight degrees right now. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful sunrise once again, and it looks like we're going to get away with another decent day here in Greater Boston. Temperatures will make a run at eighty degrees once again this afternoon. Some sunny skies is well, but more clouds in the atmosphere too. It's going to be in the seventies along the waterfront and especially lower seventies on the Capan Islands today and here it comes. We start to get into a little bit of a change. It's much needed and long overdue. It's been about a month since we've seen any rain here in Greater Boston, and there will be some headed our way now overnight tonight, partly to mostly cloudy skies as temperatures drop back into the sixties. Tomorrow is a mostly gray day with highs only in the lower seventies. Maybe some rain arrives later in the day and especially in the overnight hours, but certainly look for the rain to come into our area on Thursday. Now it looks like most of the down most of the rain and the showers will be south of the city. North and west of the city appears to be more or less dry through this upcoming storm. But as we head back into the weekend, it's the first weekend to fall, which arrives officially on Sunday morning, and it's going to feel like a two with daytime highs topping only in the sixties. Right now, it's fifty eight, partly cloudy on this Tuesday morning at six oh six, the first day of fall does arrive this weekend, but it appears our uninvited guests of the summer have no plans to hit the road.
Speaker 5: Public health officials are trying to spread the word, yet these Brocktonians were out of the loop.
Speaker 2: First I've heard of it, just you're mentioning of it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't know that there was even a warning.
Speaker 5: Well, there is a high alert in fact issued for mosquito born illness is triple y in West Nile virus across large areas in the Bay State, Rhode Island in southern New Hampshire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I just don't worry.
Speaker 5: About your prerogative, though, Mass DPH confirms eleven cases of West Nile and six of triple le foreign humans. What type of precautions would you take?
Speaker 1: Will you take precautions? I guess maybe bugs.
Speaker 5: Fray that'll work. So to suggest experts wearing long sleeves and pants, staying indoors during dusk and dawn, and clearing any standing water around the home. Chris Falm at WBZ Boston's news.
Speaker 2: Radio twenty three and me agrees to settle up. And it ain't cheap either. The ancestry and genetics ten testing company is expected to pay thirty million dollars to put to bed a class action lawsuit over a data breach. The company says some fourteen thousand accounts were hacked, which also exposed the profiles of seven million users. Officials with twenty three and meters confirmed the hack almost a year ago, but it took a few more months to reveal the extent of the exposure. The eyes have it. Nearly seven million pairs of eyes watched this weekend seventy six Emmy Awards, the highest audience for that award show in three years. That's according to Nielsen. This is up more than fifty percent from January Zemmys, which was a makeup for last year's Hollywood strikes. The earlier award show drew its lowest audience ever. Shows for the Oscars, Golden Globes, and Grammy Awards all hit four year highs earlier this year. And rapper Sean Ditty Combs is expected to appear in federal court in Manhattan today. He's in custody after being arrested at New York City hotel.
Speaker 6: He arrest caps a turbulent year for the rap icon. Last November, his ex girlfriend singer Cassie Ventura filed a lawsuit alleging years of abuse. In the ten months following Ventura's initial lawsuit, at least ten other lawsuits have been filed against the rapper, with allegations of sexual assault and physical violence dating back to the nineties. Combs denying the claims. In March, federal authorities rated Combs's properties in Los Angeles and Miami Beach.
Speaker 2: BBC's reann an ally. It is not clear what charges are in the sealed grand jury indictment, which will be revealed later this morning. You are now in the loop for news updates throughout the day. Listen to WBZ News Radio on the iHeartRadio app. I'm Jeff Brown, WBZ, Boston's news Radio