Speaker 1: A three star school. It gets four stars, maybe a four star. I think Max was like the highest rank ever we are ever had ever happened. How's that going for?
Speaker 2: Hey? I mean he's balling, but well, yeah, I mean he's balling.
Speaker 1: You know, it's like, what are you gonna doth he dropped? He dropped a couple of passes. This weekend, You're thinking.
Speaker 2: What are you doing?
Speaker 3: Dodgers are down six three, bottom of the eighth to the Mets.
Speaker 2: I wonder if Jay is okay, He's okay?
Speaker 3: Right even and up uh ap top twenty five man's basketball.
Speaker 2: We have Arizona at ten mm.
Speaker 1: That's a little higher than I thought it they would be. I was gonna ask I wanted to ask you. It's like, is that about where you thought they'd know? I thought they'd be like the thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, But but it's November or October. You know that that a nickel gives you a nickel? Yeah, exactly. But but here's the news. Okay, Arizona in the first few months, two months, three months, they play well Kansas. Kansas is at the end of the month and of March or middle March. Okay, they're number one Uh, they play Houston, they're number four, Iowa State number five. They played Duke an early year. Later later and later in November, there's seven, Baylor is eight, yeah, and then Arizona at ten. Yeah, so you should know we should know a lot more about them. But by then and here, look, look, let's say Kansas winner lose.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say lose. Okay, Okay, Houston, I say lose when just because.
Speaker 1: They're predicted in in the house, they're preicicted to win at all in the conference. Okay, So okay, the winter the winning one going to whatever Iowa State.
Speaker 2: I think we could beat them, and can we I think we can beat them.
Speaker 3: We'll see, maybe go one if this is like the football team, Duke, but if I Duke here, I'm gonna say we lose that one they got like.
Speaker 2: Duke Duke here. No, I like our chances, Yeah, Duke here, I like the Arizona's chances. Duke over there.
Speaker 1: That was kind of stuff happens. It was almost almost hit the button here. Most stuff happens. Uh, it's all I know, you better get your tickets, you better get I'll go to one.
Speaker 2: So we're well.
Speaker 1: The thing is that like you know, we're we're in top ten in the country and we're not even in the in the top four in the Big twelve. It's like, that's what makes this thing fun. No, that's the thing about it. I know, you go to I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't have.
Speaker 1: The games are too late and it's like, I'm not going to sit there and deal with that. Plus the seats are really small. Yeah yeah, you know, yeah, you're not fit for those seas. No, no, no, no, no, I get it. I gotta I gotta get two seats there. And it's like I can't afford that.
Speaker 2: But look.
Speaker 1: Great, you know, it's great that we're in the Big twelve. It's very exciting to be here and be playing against this type, this level of competition week in week out. And I do think that it's going to make us stronger going into the tournament. Yeah, for whatever that's worth, for whatever it's worth. And we'll see, we'll see where it goes. I don't see us, you know, losing early on. So let me ask you, because you play ball. When you played, was your team pretty good basketball? No? No, no, no, we're pretty good.
Speaker 2: Okay, So did you start, did you did you do well?
Speaker 3: Early again, Yeah, we season wise, like h during the season, we always like do well like ten and one, and then and then when it's time for playoffs, maybe win the first playoff game and then lose a second.
Speaker 2: We never go all the way.
Speaker 1: That's kind of where I wanted to go. So winning early it didn't help you late, No, it does not. So that's what this is all about. You could win or lose.
Speaker 3: Late, especially when you're used to playing the teams in your conference, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: Right, And that's what gives you the ten one record, right right? You know, you could be the best guy in your block, but you have to leave the block.
Speaker 3: Right and then once you see other people flushing in the mouth, and how you react, right.
Speaker 1: Right, And that's what I see it is to do it well because they've seen Okay, we've gone against this, we know how to do it.
Speaker 2: And ariz only easier.
Speaker 1: And you've watched the games, right, Yeah, Arizona still has to get tougher, yeah, stronger, and last I checked, they still had a.
Speaker 2: Bunch of Euros. Yeah. Are the Euros tougher stronger? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well, you know, and the and that's thing about we've had we've had a couple of times where you know, you get into the tournament, you get through the PAC twelve and everyone thinks that you're really really good, and you're playing against teams that are very nice, and you know that that comes.
Speaker 2: In that hurt you very hard. You're thinking that's that issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then you go against it, you go against the team in the NCAA and these guys are going to pound you and you you know, going to the basket, you're you got to go strong.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I just think it's gonna be fantastic. I think we're gonna thirty seven years of watching basketball write in about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I can't wait for the basketball season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this, I think this is going to be one of the most Now, I don't think that we're going to have a great record. I mean it's not like we're going to go thirty one and two, right. I think that you know, we maybe you know, if you're looking maybe in nineteen and twelve and be better prepared for the tournament.
Speaker 2: Sure we're making a tournament in nineteen as all though.
Speaker 1: Yeah oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, because you're RPI. Yeah, and you know, strengthen schedule, all that will be good. It'd be like a three or four seed because those teams ahead of you will be three or four seeds, and then it's a free preop. You talk about you talk about way too early predictions, lardies. Bracketology is already out right. There are three seed cool. Yeah, well we'll see all right, moving on to the dog change w NBA. Okay, what's going on? The Links in the Liberty series?
Speaker 2: Tied one one? They play Wednesday. What was the second game? Liberty beat them easy?
Speaker 3: Yeah, ninety five. Yeah, they beat them, They beat them easily. It was sixty six to eighty.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, because that first game.
Speaker 3: Did you watch that game? I watched the free throw Yeah, it was pretty excity. Yeah, that's very exciting. You watch I watched part of that game. Yeah, it's like, those are some good games. They're playing very high high lights of a basketball.
Speaker 2: It's really good.
Speaker 1: I mean, you're not gonna look, you're not gonna see the wild windmill dunks and if that's what you're doing looking for, but they are playing some really good basketball out there.
Speaker 3: Cowboys lose to the Lions forty seven nine. They didn't show up. It was horrible. What do you think you talk about the opposite of really good Holy Moley in Dallas, in Dallas, Yeah, I mean it's like, yeah.
Speaker 1: And they're not Jerry Johneson. He's not even thinking about getting rid of the coach. Guess what, how can you not be good luck? That means you're still gonna be sucky? Yeah, dude, I mean that's the right word. The only thing he's thinking. You know, if he's not thinking about getting rid of the coach, man, I tell you what he's hoping up. I know two things, because I know if you Cowboys fans were depressed, they either hoping that Jerry Jones gets used, sells the team, which won't happen, or gets rid of the coach, which won't happen apparently, And then who are they gonna get. They're gonna they're gonna get. They're gonna get rid of coach. There's no way unless McCarthy goes and goes to the n C at least NSC championship game. Gone, that didn't happen, No, it ain't. At the end of the year. Yeah, and then takes over the Cowboy Yeah. But no, I mean he's there's he may say, Oh, I'm not gonna you know, fire him in the middle of the season, but there's no way that he keeps him around after.
Speaker 3: Did you just say Deonta over the Cowboys? That's my held what you're learn in.
Speaker 1: Journalism, what they're saying today. Hey, I know a lot of marriages said I do and I love you forever that hasn't worked out, including men.
Speaker 2: From full experience experience.
Speaker 1: But you know what I'm saying, Oh, I love you, We're gonna be here. I'm never gonna do this and boom, coach goes and see you later. I'm kind of joking, half joking, because because if he does well, and he's doing fairly well, I'm not saying it's a good coach because to me, it's a lot of smoking mirrors. But but who knows, I mean, what Jerry Jones has done to this point twenty six years later, after Jimmy Johnson in Barry Switzer, there's no way that McCarthy sticks around. No, there's no way. Yeah, men's especially after that game, it's like they were terrible. Yeah, they drive down and I saw the first thing they drive down, the pretty good drive.
Speaker 2: They kick a field goal. I'm like going, okay, well it looks like that.
Speaker 1: You know, it's gonna be the exciting game, remind you of Arizona, and then they could have been.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: Lastly men's golf leading into the day one at the Saint Andrews Link Men's Golf.
Speaker 2: Ben's yeahs a, so yeah, that's that's it. I would say it again. They're leading. Yeah, they're leading the day one. Okay competition.
Speaker 1: Did you see the did you see the running with the Georgia coach smart and the and the kids from Mississippi State?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, wasn't that much ado about nothing? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I look like you didn't see it. If you ever run into somebody in the mall, oh excuse me, yeah, I know, it's like going to people there, it's like, yeah, I think they're trying to make it into the old you know, the whole Woody Hage punch, you know, and if you're old enough to remember that play, it's like this, ain't that all. The dude was kind of start to argue when the guy they just kind of you ever have a car crash, sometimes you're just in the wrong place at the wrong that was that was taking some mini crash right there. You know, I'm in this business and media, it's kind of come on, you know, I gotta I gotta write about something.
Speaker 2: I gotta be I gotta be outraged, outrage.
Speaker 1: So he didn't apologize because you know, it was just it's weird. You see the headlines and I clicked on the shot and the thing. Really yeah, really, that's what we're worried about, solving the world's problems.
Speaker 2: We're there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I don't know. Courage smart is not that guy. No, And they even said that this could cost him a future in the NFL. Come on, what I mean, come on, there's perspective, and there's perspective. Yeah, well, the other thing is this The media is one thing, okay, but those NFL owners are not going to sit there and go, oh well, listen, I remember when you push that one guy. Well, I'm not gonna take a chance on you being a great coach for me. You remember Dave List. You remember Dave List for me? Your Mexican coach went to Taylor and people hired him after.
Speaker 2: That, Yes, exactly, exactly.
Speaker 1: All the other time, how many guys have been hired after doing some stupid crap? Uh you did that? Don't worry, Well, who's who's that kind of at Arkansas? Oh the coach he was, he's back in coaching now. I think he's back at Arkansas. Yeah, yeah, he's maybe or he somewhere else because he's the one that took his girlfriend and.
Speaker 2: Crashed the court.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, crashed motorcycle with the girlfriend. Just google you'll find exactly. So he has tone or something like that. When you can coach and you can play, they'll find yeah, exactly. Okay, you might get a call from jam I'm not sure if he's the meaning he can't do it, but I just wanted to get his take on the on the press conference because I saw it too and it was like it was a nothing burger.
Speaker 2: Nothing burger.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, you talk about Brennan not being emotional, nothing burger, and and what you hope is to you know, I've been to thousands of those, and you hope that they say something. They said nothing, and I'm curious what they're going to say. The big the best two questions were were from Michael lev Uh, do you hear the fans or you know, what would you tell the fans going and says I I feel for you as I heard. I feel for what he said I heard. I heard just as much as you do. I want to win too, but I can't something to that. But it was like, I hear you, you know, I hear you.
Speaker 2: I feel.
Speaker 1: I hear from I hear, I hear something like that. I may have.
Speaker 2: I hear what you're saying, and no one wants to win more than me? But well, sure, I mean I would.
Speaker 1: I would agree that no one wants to win more than him because he's making a hell of a lot more money than I am, and and his his employment.
Speaker 2: Come on on.
Speaker 1: Mind, I would point both of you guys, almost last time you got mad at when you went to watch a game or your team lost, or when was the last time You're one hundred years old. I'm one hundred years old. I have bigger issues. They worry about stuff like that. Well, you've seen a lot more games, and you're you're you're a jaded journalist. Yeah, you've you've lost the emotion that goes along. You're not answering the question when when's the last time last time he lost an Army Navy game. It's like, and that's that's when I was last year crushed it wasn't last year, Oh because they did the street there. Yeah, they won, and then how define crushed? Well crushed meaning it's like going, man, it's like, don't talk to me for a while. When when when Army I do that anyway, Yeah, Army lost fourteen in a row. I mean it's like going, yeah, so when when we lose those games? Army Navy in fourteen in a row. Yeah, okay, yeah I was rushed. I was, yeah, don't talk to me. I'm not going not emotionally prepared to deal with somebody. It's like, oh, well, they played really well. It's like when I am about ready to, you know, put your lights out to just walk away. Moral victories are not you know that when the last time you got upset after your team?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't want to say last Sunday because you know.
Speaker 1: Well you you did miss the over under of Yeah that's okay, okay, yeah, yeah you can say, you can say betting, yeah last every week then never mind awful.
Speaker 2: For sure Friday. Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: No, man, you know Patrina, yeah, Bobby Patrino. But that's it, that's that's is he somewhere downwards?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's somewhere.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just it's these grown men getting on Twitter and acting like fool.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: No, I just can't bring myself. I just can't bring myself to do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah you.
Speaker 2: Don't, Yeah, you don't. You don't get anything saying that you're smart because you know sports. Guess what, you still got to go to work, right, He's making the millions while you got to go to work and make sure you get your mortgage, right, y'all?
Speaker 3: Seeing what Lamar said, people were in this comments talking about I was saying like he doesn't care about the parlays as long as they win, you know, So stop commenting on his Instagram and all that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, I agree. I'm not interested in your fantasy points. Yeah yeah, come on, if you want to be a geek, go ahead right and do it. Just don't tell me your problems. So okay, well let's take a break and we're not gonna hear from Jay. We're gonna get ahold of Victor Yates here in a second and talk more about you a football.
Speaker 5: Your chance to win one thousand dollars just enter this nationwide keyword on our website. Cash, that's cash. Enter it right now, Fox Sports fourteen fifty dot com.
Speaker 2: Your passion, your joy and excitement.
Speaker 6: From the latest slots in table game games, to award winning dining, to world class entertainment to a luxurious resort.
Speaker 2: Discover all this and more.
Speaker 6: Discover with Soul Casino Del Soul, the Soul of Tucson.
Speaker 2: Are you ready enterprise? So Fasco Yaki try?
Speaker 7: The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Browseyisles of instock cabinets, available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space. Today, visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for ready to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect wood, type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the Window Deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 1: Steve Rivera here to talk about doratle Rock and Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. You found out the amount and color I needed, and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work. I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. Give them a call at five two zero four zero zero for two three three.
Speaker 2: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 8: Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 9: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals, your health and fitness to serve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the lead Madge and exercise equipment on twenty second just west of Wilmot.
Speaker 10: School and the falls four season are in full stride. Time to get that special student athlete a creative award for his or her efforts they are deserving. It's also time to rejuvenate your fall apparel with a crisp looking embroidered school corporate logo on caps, shorts or long sleeve follows. And why not get some fresh looking promotional products representing your school or corps or just giveaways for the upcoming twenty twenty five season.
Speaker 2: For over one thousand fun items.
Speaker 10: To choose from, come visit Creative Awards at Creative awardsaz dot com or see our Idea Center at two twenty eight Westrackman Street.
Speaker 11: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs, whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit Voltpe team dot com. That's Volpe team dot com or call five to two oh six eight five six two six today in MLS three H eight seven, Arizon A b K nine two nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity, how to commitment to Lilydrix Syncredit greats and available loan programs or subjict to change with nut Notice did you.
Speaker 10: Know collecting sports cards is one of the fastest.
Speaker 2: Growing hobbies around.
Speaker 10: Whether you're looking at chart or expand your collection, Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination. As one of the leading card shops in the country, we've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best in sports cards and trading card games. From rare fines to the latest releases, Showtime Cards has it all. Check them out at Showtimecards dot Com or visit them on East Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere to Showtime Cards for their passion.
Speaker 8: On a road trip or just around town. Driving a car you can afford is more important than ever. At Pyramid Federal Credit Union, our one rate auto loan is for everyone. One rate offers a single competitive rate no matter your credit score. You can borrow better with Pyramid. For details or to apply online, visit Pyramid FCU dot com slash one rate. Pyramid Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity lender federally insured by NCUA.
Speaker 4: Gout bugs, termites, fees or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialists can't run or high from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termitespees, or rodents Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azypass dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 1: Selling your home want to get more money for it? Well, Danny Roth can help you. He told me about his you Flip the Home You Own program. The program allows for a homeowner to fix up their home to sell without using any of their own money. They will be able to sell the home for a much higher price. Danny Roth with Omni Holmes International is the real estate consultant in Tucson that offers this program. He has consistently been the top agent in Tucson for the last thirty years and has sold over ten thousand, five hundred homes. For more information on this program or just buying our selling a home called Danny Roth at five two zero four nine zero four thousand.
Speaker 5: This is I on the Ball on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. Want to take part in the show called Up Steve now went five to two, OHO four one seventy four to night.
Speaker 1: He welcome back to Ion the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera, I'm Mike Quinn and Mike Quinn and then we got Matt at the control here. Now we have Victor Yates. Where you a football player? On the line? Victor here?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 12: Then?
Speaker 2: You here us? Pictor? Victor? Are you there? I know he's there. Yeah, he's there, Victor, Victor, Victor, he can you hear me? Now?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 2: Victor?
Speaker 1: Yeah, hoping you stayed on? I do want him to call us back? Or what is he still on? He's still still? He probably hears us and there's no there's no Did you have to lift on the levers?
Speaker 13: Victor?
Speaker 2: Are you there? Hit another? V or B or A or some man? Hello? There is hell? Hey Victor? How are you? Yes?
Speaker 13: We can hear you. I beg I've been talking to this that time.
Speaker 14: I'm glad we got victory.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you, Victor, I didn't know you. I know you paid for stoops, but let me say you were the voice of reason on Twitter this weekend.
Speaker 2: Did you feel you were.
Speaker 13: You know what's funny, man, is I did feel like I was, and I want to shout out my other former wild Catalem Barrett Baker, and I saw a sudden.
Speaker 15: He tweeted and I was like, man, I just need to.
Speaker 13: Talk to the fan base, man, because I know how they feel. And I've also I got a little experience of working around college football where I worked in college athletics for almost a decade, right, so I've been to four different institutions around the country that I've seen the ins and outs of it. And it's year one, man, So I just felt like I needed to put something out there to remind the people that, hey, it's not as bad as the team's right now.
Speaker 1: Well, you know the guys on Twitter, and I know you're on. I'm very rarely on, but I'm on. I have Mike Quinn here, who you know, used to be an army and kind of help with that program. And I'm thinking, Okay, you've got a lot of people really talking a lot of crap on on Twitter. Fire Brennan, and then we'll get to that point because you mentioned that, but are thinking to reaching the puckets and give ten dollars twenty dollars. I mean there's a lot of talk, but there's probably no money coming from them.
Speaker 13: Oh one, that's how it always means, man and listen, listen rightfully. So because I also want to be empathetic to the emotions of football games right as fans. I understand that it is a roller coaster, and that when you lose by one or if you lose by thirty one, fans are going to have input and opinions on things, which they are clearly entitled to. But I also want to help our fan base to be a wise fan base in terms of knowing like, oh you know what if we if we actually got what we're asking for right now, we would be in big trouble. Because also right, just just the thoprossis of let's just say if everyone pony up money and we fired Brintan, what would that take to the next take coach?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Right, I mean who's takes who's gonna take? Who take this?
Speaker 13: So?
Speaker 2: When when is time to panic? Okay? I mean I'm all for you.
Speaker 1: I'm a think I'm a I'm a big fan of your comments on Twitter. Uh, I think this is way you know, we're way too early about uh, you know, even discussing this isn't that word. How much time should should we give him or should we get any coach?
Speaker 13: Now, listen, I want I want to make sure that I'm clear on this about Timy. Right, there are certain things that would put me on put me in the hot seat mentally if I saw them with the program. And I feel like from what we've seen us for in year one, we are nowhere near close to that, right, And I give the case of points of the victory over Utah at Utah. Now people are trying to use the Arizona State game as a reference point and say, well, in Utah wasn't really that good and that I'm like, no, I don't want to hear that, because when we were going to Utah, everyone was shook and scared, and I heard a lot of people saying, hey, if we could just be within seven, I'll feel Okay. We won the ball game by more than two scores, so let's let's not forget that. And I would say, to be honest, the time the panic is in year three, man, Like, listen, year one, it's a switch up of the guys. And I know people are saying, which the comment dout is. Hey, Vic, I hear what you're saying, but this team is mainly in tact from last year, and I go, I understand that viewpoint, but it's under new operation.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 13: Like, one of the things that I vocalized with the previous regime that I thought that they did really could was I really like their offensive scheme in terms of like when it came to third down, you saw oftentimes there were plays that they would run that I had never seen before, and they would all not always, but oftentimes they would result in a first handle right or a touchdown, and you go, damn, that's really good play on And that's one of the things that I thought immediately.
Speaker 14: With the change.
Speaker 13: I was like, well, and we're made to be seeing is now. Oddly enough, that's one of the boiling points I've heard from the fan bases, like our offense is two plays. That's why we need to fire for And I'm like, listen, man, if you want to have confidence and and kind of things that I have to give him a nod for it. Hey, he hired an office the coordinator. In the first couple of games, he realized, Hey, this office coordinator is panned out, and they shifted the duties. And then people say, which I've also heard via Twitter, is hey.
Speaker 15: We shifted the duties.
Speaker 13: There should be changed, And I go, yes, there should be changed. And we saw a little change in the Utah. But man, fourteen days or two weeks plus the bye week, you're not gonna be able to put the entire house right. Like there's some things that schematically is gonna honestly take an off season and everything else in between. I hate to say it is gonna be patchwork. And let me not forget this because I hear a lot of people that are forgetting this execution. There are some plays that they are calling that have been successful that we have not executed. On a lah, the wide receiver will drop the ball right, and so you also can't put that on the oc of when there's a deep ball that delivers into the head of the guy who drops it, we just move on and the well, we need more dynamic plays, and I'm like, no, that's also a part of the process to the growth of the program. So I would say year three, in my personal opinion and less watch this. All of our games are getting boat race at home, right, because at home you got a little bit of an advantage. I think that's what you were, Kenny, but that's not been the case at all.
Speaker 1: Well, Souhay, let me let me go there, because you you are the voice of reason, at least you were this weekend. Okay, So Arizona was expected to do much better than they have to this point, and and we're they're three and three with a nice game or two in there.
Speaker 2: Uh, there is there a point.
Speaker 1: And I'm not saying to fire the guy because I don't want that to happen, and I think he'll he'll write the ship at some point. But the way they're playing in there, the way they're not competing, concern you.
Speaker 13: No, not at the moment. I think. Listen, one of the things I think gets underlooked is the people you game you lose. People do not understand how ungodly of a position you're in to lose your star linebacker in the first quarter. And I'm talking about because I'm like, I thought that defense played phenomenal pats work for the players that they had out there, right, Like you're that's like losing a quarterback, right and they've been defensively they did not. That was not the problem. The last game, and then I would say offensively, there were some blonders like look at Fafida.
Speaker 14: With that, with that box handoff or whatever.
Speaker 13: When the guy's stacker on the first quarter, when's the last time you've seen that with Fafita? You have not you can't call the time and that, and I go, well, that chalks it up because he had t Yu on the road right in the hostile environment of like, that's an unfortunate circumstan. You could also go with the that double pass. That double pass like it burned my hair as a former safety to watch forrab it because I'm like, hey, I can't believe they can play that pants and there were guys back there. It wasn't electually wide open. So I'm saying, you get those unfortunate series of events. And to be honest, the other thing that the fan base doesn't want to hear what they need to hear is all three losses are too top teams in the big treat It's not like we're getting vote it's not like we've been vote raced to the bottom teams of the tip and novels. Even though as far to say even with Colorado, Colorado's a middle of tech team who just barely lost the kid in the state right in the last two minutes. So that's where to your point of our expectations, and I listened, I get fired about this because expectations. I'm all for, like, hey, to one of the season, I'm like, hey, Britta, grab pick shrustha field. Because of the record that we had last year, people have the expectations that we want to see it again.
Speaker 14: And the reality is.
Speaker 13: There's only been like three other seasons where we've saw double digits wins in the season, right, So I'm already knowing, like, man, that's gonna be a tog s order, but it's highly possible. But the rest of our schedule watch this. I'm not saying that it's likely because I'm also a person who wash it up from our ball to go. That would be a miracle. But I also I put that out on social media, was dude, there is a chance that they could win out. I'm not saying that it's likely because of how we've been playing in terms of like we've too much of a roller coaster for me to put some money on we're gonna win out, But I am saying that it is still possible, giving the strength to schedule with the remated teams we have to play. And so those teams that we played in the beginning with pe BYU Kansas date Texas Tech, those are a leader of the conference right now. And I feel like when you look at that Texas Tech game so close at home, it wasn't like once again we did not get both raced.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 13: I know some people will say, yes, it was close, Nick, but it didn't feel like we were playing good.
Speaker 14: Twenty two points.
Speaker 13: Against Texas is not good or whatever. But I am saying that the program is showing that they're moving in the right direction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's I mean b B Yu is six and zero. There are five their coaches that are not being told that they need to be fired.
Speaker 13: Okay, And and to your point, right, there's some teams in our conference right now that are oh and three and they're not talking about fire this coach. Just don't don't look at the stand and go, oh, that's the school.
Speaker 12: Oh.
Speaker 14: And I'm like, come on, man.
Speaker 13: Give give the guys a breadin now.
Speaker 14: Listen.
Speaker 13: You can be mad about it, you can tweet fire brands. I'm not gonna be upset. What I am trying to set up though, is the real thing.
Speaker 12: That you want is not.
Speaker 13: A program that does not help Watson, that does that help the seniors in the program, right, the guys who last year it is you fire the coach. Those guys are left high and with you.
Speaker 2: You're breaking up Victor.
Speaker 1: You know part of that tweet that you had and I said, I had to have you on. It's funny because you were pretty stern with what you were saying. And then I saw some of the replies. I think most of them were favorable. I was surprised that you didn't get in your.
Speaker 13: Get no no, so you probably didn't go on. There was then a pushback, but I would say in terms of being engaging with the fan base, that's where I feel like they needed a skinning board, if you will, like, hey, let's have dialogue because some of the stuff, I mean, there's other points like hey, I'm concerned about what our office looks like. I look at them and go hey, because someone said, hey, Brit Brandon, you're puddy, and I said, hey, man, I've never met Brent. I haven't talked to Britt. I've been on alumni calls, but like one on one, I'm not doing this as like a hey, I want sideline passes and I want this to that right.
Speaker 14: I'm just saying this from.
Speaker 13: An operational standpoint of having a Division one program. You do not want to fire your guy in year one when he's showing you that things are moving in the right direction. Now, do we need to continue to see things going in the right direction?
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 13: I think Colorado is going to be a huge guest because what Colorado has shown historically this season is that they're not really against the run and if you air out and you stay away from Hunter, you could have some success, right, And so that's what people are gonna be looking for to say, hey, how do we compete on Homecoming? And so that's where in terms of the favorable responses, I will say people will love it. And I also saw a lot of people who are a long time supporters and that are wanting more watch this. They want more of a show'sman from print than what he's given them. And and what I want to tell people is that's not who he is and that's not how he's gonna operate. So you need to get you need to lower your expectation and know that, hey, when you got to see if what he can do will work. I will tell you that in Debt Fish's first year when they lost the NAU which I reference, people said, this is unacceptable. Fire him now. And the reason why I'm yelling so much about that is I remember going because I've done the research and watch this. For teams that end up where we ended up last year, often times they will have an ugly lost like that their first year, and it's part of the growing process. Victor, who are you references he j Flick when he was at Western Michigan. I was at ball State. I remember when they first started. Initially we blewed him boys out at their house or whatever, and he's saying, rode a boat and I'm laughing. By the end of his tenure there, they're in the Cotton Bowl. Right, if they would have fired that guy in here one for a lost of ball State because we're blowing them out, right, they never see the Cotton Bowl. And so I'm saying, in terms of the process with these coaches, sometimes losses can steal bigger than what they were. I feel like the BYU lost, it feels bigger than what it was. That team's undefeated and we had a bad game, you can't have a bad game against great teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Victor the Uh, you know, I'm a big fan about you know, saying you give you the coach at time to turn it around.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: In this day and age with transfer portal and nil money, does that change the formula?
Speaker 12: There?
Speaker 1: Are we more urgent? We just had somebody decommend. How worried are you about that?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 13: I saw a d commitment and I wouldn't be worried about that, to be honest. Man, Here here's why, because you still have to have a process, right like in terms of what you've done. University of Arizona has made a pack with Britt Brintan Britt Brinton has not yet failed on his end of the margin. The team at three and three, and I did a little bit of math. The last eleven years, four times we've been in this position right now. Four times we've been four and two, and one time we were five and one. But outside of that, we've been two and four and there was one time we're zero at six right several times. So I'm saying three and three is something that we're familiar with, but it doesn't feel good when the expectations and so what I would say. So what I would say is for brit Brennan in terms of the n I L and then a two day and eight, you still got to give the man time. Now, Listen, my key point is, hey, if you're getting boat braced every game, then we need to start looking for changes, right Like if you're at home and you're getting boat raced, that's that's a telltale.
Speaker 14: Sorry, but we're not there.
Speaker 13: We have not crossed that threshold where multiple games were just getting counts.
Speaker 12: So yeah, game.
Speaker 1: So let me jump jump on this last question for me. Uh, Victor, you you grew up in Tucson, right or you played here?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're dream you dream, you dream to play at ven. You came on as a walk on, played here. You who better to know the fan base in Tucson than you, having grew up here played here. Give me the fan base in your eyes?
Speaker 14: Man, Listen.
Speaker 13: The one thing I love, and this is when we talk about wherever I'm in a cross country, I'm like, Tucson is like no other Tucson and southern Arizona. Please for the court a red in the Navy blue. And that's something that I appreciate personally as a fan, but also as a Tucson As we said, when I was in college, they called me a t love a Tucson local. I loved it because everybody was just all in for the program. And that's why, similar to being in the family structure, why you can have such as the hides and lows with people's responses because losing never feels good and I and I can appreciate that from our fan base, and so I'm glad that they're not settling, but in that it's like one of those things I look at and go, dude, there's no better fan base to play in front of than Tucson.
Speaker 14: And Tucson has so.
Speaker 13: Much love and so much passion for the university that if you're losing, they're gonna let uh, They're gonna let the program know it. And I appreciate that. And that's what they're doing for branding right now, letting them know, hey, we need to see more and do better.
Speaker 1: Well, you're gonna have to continue to be the good sheriff that happens.
Speaker 14: So hopefully all this weekend, man, hope you're.
Speaker 1: Gonna be one of the three hundred guys coming in. Yes, sir, okay, great, great, have fun, enjoy your time. Thanks so much for joining us. Appreciated victory. All right, be well, thank you?
Speaker 15: Yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: I think Victor needed to be a little more enthusiastic. Yeah, I just wish he had the opinion. It's kind of tough to do those segments with the guy that is that quiet. Hey, we'll take a break. I think I was going to a call from Jay I like this take. I mean, he's kind of level headed. He's a little girl o. But hey, I'm not a former player. You had a former player. He knows what he's talking about.
Speaker 2: Yep. Okay, he's been around more than just here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, man, if you're an Arizona man's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Take a look back at the Ludelsen era. In my new book, Lessons from Loot, it was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches, and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them twenty five chapters for his twenty five.
Speaker 2: As Arizona's loved coach.
Speaker 1: Lessons from Loot is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. What one email media Steve dot RIVERA ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 16: Hi, this is formal Wildcat Leman Huntly with Arizona Health imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort, and your time. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform your personal space in your life. We off a complete line of caudio machines, multi gyms and freeway equipment. I'll certify fitness experts and technicians will set you up with the right equipment and training.
Speaker 2: To get you started to keep you going.
Speaker 16: Visit our shareroom today at twenty second in Wilmot. Arizona Health the lead to edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 17: What's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make some day today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from in financial aid available, it's time to earn the degree or certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PIMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at Pima dot eedu slash someday.
Speaker 1: Hey tuson, Steve Rivera here and I've got a tip for you want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmund Marcus All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: Don't fumble your chance to save.
Speaker 1: Call them today and score big on your insurance With the Edmund Marcus All State Agency.
Speaker 2: You're always in good hands.
Speaker 1: Visit them at twenty seven nineteen note Campbell or call them at five two zero three two three nine three three three.
Speaker 18: Ladies, have you ever dreamed of playing the main event at the World Poker Tour. The Royal Rebels is a ladies only poker league and we are looking for new players to join us this fall. We have a new poker season starting October third. We will be playing seven games online and the winner will represent us in Vegas at the World Poker Tour. This main event seat is worth ten four hundred dollars. For more our information and to register, go to www dot Royal Rebels Poker dot com.
Speaker 5: Breaking down all the I says at ohs. This is I on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome back to I on the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera and with me, Mike Quinn and Matt working the phones.
Speaker 2: Jay, is this you, Jake Lop? Nope? Hello, there you go? There you go?
Speaker 14: Jay?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we are you.
Speaker 1: Know at Yeah, Well Matt's Matt's doing a good job on his second day here on the phone.
Speaker 2: So hey, no, no, no, he's doing That's why we didn't know.
Speaker 1: What he's pay Jay. Jay, We we kind of texted this morning. You want to know when the press comfort shows, I was looking at for it to what did you Why did you want to listen? I think it's the same answer I have.
Speaker 12: Well, I just wanted to hear what he had to say about how crappy they played right and what they're going to do about it.
Speaker 2: And you didn't get what you wanted.
Speaker 12: Well I got what I expected. You know, there are two things I wanted to hear, and he did answer those, whether or not.
Speaker 15: The you know, his answers were I shouldn't say true.
Speaker 12: Because I don't want to say he's lying, But I wanted to hear is this team still together? Right? He got to ask that, and he answered that and said he likes where they are, that they're still you know. And then you went in that whole thing about they're playing hard. There's six games left. We still got six games left, a lot of football left. So that was that. And then the other one that that I thought it was great that he got asked was do you think no ful Feet is trying too hard?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 12: And and you know, and he just said, look, we got to put him in a better position to succeed, whether that's through scheme or whether that's through just you know, talk to him and working him through these things.
Speaker 13: But those are kinds of things, both the things.
Speaker 12: I wanted to hear answers to. But he also said exactly what I expected him to say.
Speaker 2: Okay, and then I spoke party earlier.
Speaker 1: But let mean, he also leve asking the final question, which is a great question, what do you say to the fans?
Speaker 15: And he said, God did I how did I miss that?
Speaker 1: That was the last one he said. He says, I understand I want to win just as much as they do. Okay, but but you know, yeah, of course he doesn't. Of course he does. But he's getting loud. They're getting louder and louder, getting.
Speaker 12: Louder and louder. But you know what, the ones who are getting loud like.
Speaker 15: That are still stupid.
Speaker 12: Okay, anybody, anybody who was sitting here saying after six games they need to fire him, You're just stupid.
Speaker 14: No other words for it.
Speaker 15: You'd try to please idiot, You're an idiot. You're stupid.
Speaker 12: Get off social media, go back to your basement, have your cheeto. Shut the hell up.
Speaker 2: Well, we talked about this with my earlier. Part of the problem is.
Speaker 1: Those dudes have five dollars in their pockets and they ain't gonna give it to the buyout.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I mean right, right, and and and you know what those people who are saying all that, are you going to the games? Right? You're out there and you're you're you know, you're spouting off that this guy should be fired after six games. But do you You're just stupid And there's no stee there's no other way. I can't think of another word for it. You're just dumb. Okay, and you are.
Speaker 14: So here's the deal.
Speaker 15: Look, is it going the way we expected?
Speaker 12: Absolutely not. You know, he made he made the point that we made. You know, when we're sitting around after the game, you know, with the people I watched game with, this three and three doesn't feel like last year's three and three. Somebody said, well, we're three and three like we were last year. He said, yeah, there are three and three like we were last year. But last year's three three they were on the upswing. This year's three and three they're headed into the ditch right right different. And he talked about that.
Speaker 2: He knows that.
Speaker 15: Look he doesn't know anything.
Speaker 12: We don't know. I mean, you know, we don't know anything he doesn't already know. That's what's what I meant to say.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, he's been doing it. He's been doing this this whole lot.
Speaker 1: I've been this way the same wait last year, but I'm on the upstream with weight. You know, I used to be thinner. It's just going in the wrong direction.
Speaker 12: Let me put it this way. These are all the same. You know, people are saying, oh, he's in over his head, you know, San Jose Steak was every people are saying the exact same thing about Dick Tomy his first year coming back coming from Hawaii. He's in over his head.
Speaker 15: He doesn't know how to do this. Well, let me put in this.
Speaker 12: Run and wish and shoot offense. It doesn't work.
Speaker 2: Well, let me give you this.
Speaker 1: We talked about this before you called, maybe at the beginning of the hour. Okay, he's here, jet fishes is jet fishes at Washington, but Dubas at Alabama. They're all getting the same They're in over their head, right, all right, right, they can't do it. He doesn't understand how to coach. He did the Beer's law, forgot how to coach as soon as he took over at Alabama.
Speaker 12: It's like exactly, you know, okay, not the stupid ones that were talking about, but other people like you guys there who've been in a job and got promoted. Did you know how to do that full job the minute you got in it.
Speaker 1: A lot of these guys are successful in every phase of their game, you know, the ones that are like saying to fire him because it's yeah, come on.
Speaker 12: Well, I think the thing that's getting overlooked again is and Steinas goes back to the discussion we had with with Duayne A.
Speaker 2: Kina.
Speaker 15: People are taking into account.
Speaker 14: Yeah right.
Speaker 12: You know, in nineteen ninety nine, we all thought that Arizona had this great team coming back because the two quarterbacks were back, their start running back was back, they had a budget, and Dwayne Aquina said, we knew we weren't going to be as good as everybody's said we were gonna because we didn't have Christ McCallister. He was only talking about one guy.
Speaker 13: Think about the other.
Speaker 12: Guys that team lost. They lost, they lost Calvinian, they lost Youse, Scott, the the you know, the first round draft pick on the line. That sounds so much like what you know what this team is going to do right now. It just I know we all wanted this to that be the dreaded season after a ten one season. But if Jed Fish doesn't leave and they keep the continuity going, Jonah Coleman is here, other guys are here, then maybe we're not having the tenant that dreaded season. But a bunch of guys left on top of the guys that that that used up for eligibility, and the transition is ongoing and that's taking longer than maybe any of us that hoped it was gonna take and it's as simple as that.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, thanks for calling. We're gonna go take your heart blood pressure peels. I hear the dogs.
Speaker 12: I'm gonna go get some Yeah, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go get some ice creams in a pack of Life favor that.
Speaker 2: Just don't get a pack of cigarettes. You'll be fine, all right, guys, talk anybout thank you?
Speaker 1: Hey see you guys, Hey send letters to Jay. I had never used stupid. Yeah exactly, but I do.
Speaker 13: I do.
Speaker 1: You know, people overreact, it's overreact. But but that's what Twitter's about, you know. Well yeah, I mean you don't get reactions on Twitter. By Yeah, you're not having an overreaction. I'm getting flowers tomorrow. No, they don't get flowers on Twitter. I think it's okay, Yeah, no, we'll see. Did you see this from Jed on the Ohio State Ohio State organ game.
Speaker 2: Uh that was a.
Speaker 1: Battle between two teams or with twenty million dollars rosters. So now do you feel that you're going to be paying for national championships?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, no, absolutely, There no doubt about it. There's no doubt about it. It's it's just like you do in the NFL. It's like going, okay, let's go out and get some free agents. Yeah, we got a call. Cool, you're on the air and I on the ball. Might have a little pomp all of a sudden, the game, come on on the air handing the ball, Nico. What's the word? Nico?
Speaker 15: Hey man?
Speaker 4: First off, why is it every time you have this mic dude on the show, you always got to bring up Jay Man.
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, I was saying the same thing. Absolutely. I don't think he trust me. You're right, Nico, I don't trust you getting over.
Speaker 11: Man, he left you.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Hey, listen, do you do you mind if we bring my my X on this date that we're having and you you take Blue Cross, Blue Shield.
Speaker 2: I need to go on that couch of yours take.
Speaker 1: My There you go, Nau, Thanks for having my backs, like twenty nine. But he's an old soul. He's got me pay So are you are you jumping ship yet?
Speaker 2: Nico?
Speaker 5: No, man, I'm not jumping ship.
Speaker 4: There's still one star on this about.
Speaker 12: Tyler Luke.
Speaker 2: He said as Tyler Tyler.
Speaker 13: Yeah the kicker man.
Speaker 2: Wow, Okay, Yeah, Well every time.
Speaker 6: They get field go range.
Speaker 15: I gotta let that kid kick man so he break some record.
Speaker 2: Four four kicks and get beat thirty one to twelve.
Speaker 13: Hey man, he's sad in the book.
Speaker 1: Do you so you're gonna you're gonna give him hope? You're gonna be okay? How's your dad doing? Is he all health wise? He's he's okay with this team.
Speaker 4: My dad just retired, man, so things are going mad.
Speaker 13: He just goes.
Speaker 2: So he's been sleeping a lot. There you go. Okay, Okay, hey man, you gotta move on.
Speaker 15: Steve.
Speaker 1: Oh well next time? Oh me, I do okay, Mike, I won't bring up Jay anymore. Yeah, we'll see. We'll see about that. You know, I'm gonna we need we need some talent bring in some time. Thanks for listening to because you're right probably and first of.
Speaker 12: All, Ja needs to calm down.
Speaker 17: And he's sounding like Gabe.
Speaker 2: Well I think his Dodgers last series a little pel Yeah exactly. We'll go mit all right, Thanks Joe, thanks for calling. Appreciate every buddy. I kind of.
Speaker 1: Realized I was doing that, you know when we talked to day. We've been with him for like two years. Yeah, well five years, you know, so I had him call on, I need to kill some time. You know, I trust you, right, I know I can fill time. That's all I wanted to fill my time. That's okay, good show today. You did a pretty good job. You'll get meally get it because it's.
Speaker 2: A lot of tricks to that stuff.
Speaker 3: Saw that last transition and that was pretty good.
Speaker 2: It was very good.
Speaker 3: But I give myself like a low D minus today.
Speaker 2: D mind. No, No, you were couple of bites. It's it's like Brandon man, you got a change over. Give me some time. My mac isn't here. There you go, you know, but you're coming on loop somewhere back. Yeah, okay, you know Henry was out today. He was ill.
Speaker 1: So now Matt filled in, but he's it's the second trails. Yeah, okay, it was good. Okay, Well thanks everybody who tried to get in, and we'll get to do better tomorrow.
Speaker 2: We'll see you Wednesday. How much time we got about a minute minute seconds.
Speaker 1: Okay, We'll be back tomorrow, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. I have a show with the guys on Saturday, pregame with the Colorado. See if you're gonna go. Are you going You're leaving right, You're not going. You're not gonna go. You're going on Germany.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, I'm gonna be watching now.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks everybody for calling in. We'll talk to you guys tomorrow