Speaker 1: All right, eight am and Texas. I don't want to take up a lot of your morning. I really do appreciate you guys joining me for a first thing in the morning, Christmas Morning live stream. I think this is the third, maybe fourth year I've done this something like this. I don't remember exactly. It is something that I do enjoy, so I appreciate you guys taking the time out to a join men today. Matt, what's up, buddy, Merry Christmas. Haven't seen you in the chat in a while. KO four AFL Steve is in there, K five y v Y Joe Brett, Good morning, Hamrito Crusader Freddy. I saw you in there earlier. Good morning Iszo. Merry Christmas from the Middletown, Connecticut nine to one to one Center. Hey, Izzo's working this morning. You guys be sure not to shoot each other because Izzo would have to do some actual work. But what's up, Frank?
Speaker 2: I like that. I like that.
Speaker 1: Merry Christmas to you, Very Christmas.
Speaker 2: How did that phrase? This? Merry Christmas to you? May you get all the ham equipment you want and all the accessories to go with it.
Speaker 1: That's right, That's a good way to say it. Yeah yeah, oh boy, Digital ranchers in the house. What's up Rob.
Speaker 2: So Minneapolis, Ross Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure. From the Hillbilly Ham's a ARC n C four h h. That's good.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: Some folks coming in via Discord. Good morning, Thank you for being here, guys. A couple of a couple of real quick things. This is something that I should have been talking well, I've met I've mentioned it once. I should have mentioned it a couple of times. At some point I'm gonna find the right frame to get in here.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmmm.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if you guys know this or not, but I actually have my own coffee line now what Hamradio Overland dot Coffee. So We've got four different flavors to choose from, and one of them is a Texas Texas Blend. That's the one I'm looking forward to. So it is a subscription service, and uh, I'm probably going to try to We're gonna start doing some giveaways again. We're gonna start doing some giveaways again starting in January. Actually probably maybe later this week. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, later this week. So we're gonna actually start that probably on Sunday. So we're gonna start doing some some giveaways. I've got several actual HF radios lined up, I've got several peripherals lined up. I've got a couple of DeVos outdoor lights. Then I'm gonna give away and might give away a couple of these, a couple of these, uh subscriptions to to the coffee Bruise as well. So you got de Expedition Brew, Early Shift, Rare Grid and Texas Blend. So those are Ham Radio Overland dot Coffee is where that is right there? So uh yeah, yeah, So I know you're not much of a coffee guy, Frank, but no.
Speaker 2: No, I wake up in the morning and grab the coldest soda that I can get my hands onto.
Speaker 1: You know what, I there's there's merit to that. I'm I'm okay with that. But some mornings I actually made myself a cup of coffee. This is Carlos's coffee this morning, and I have it in a K five at a mug. So I'm very Ham friendly this morning.
Speaker 2: I need to put something in my mug. I don't know what I got around.
Speaker 1: Starting starting with the whiskey already this morning, Frank.
Speaker 2: I don't know it's the Santa's Go juice, Santa's Go juice? How is he think he stays warm on this?
Speaker 1: I know it. Yeah, yeah, I'm with you. Is it just me? Or is there no picture?
Speaker 2: I think it's just you picture. It looks fine on my end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it's just you. But everyone else would have been uh griping about it if to my, to my, everyone else would have said something which I would have appreciated if there was actually no picture.
Speaker 2: So there would have been a clamor yeah, yeah, clamor I could I help it? I could I help it? Oh? Man, go ahead?
Speaker 1: Okay, So so N five s k T. He's he's he's given a he's doing some uh foreshadowing for me only t for me. Jay Christina is a big tea guy. And the reason he's talking about Joseph Christina is because I interviewed Joe about Starlink. We sat down and did about an hour long interview about Starlink and that video will post on this channel tomorrow B but it's up early for my patrons, so patrons and YouTube channel members, So if you haven't seen that, go check that out. And it is a good He has a lot of inside information. I don't know how inside it is. He's just well researched. Uh. With starlink. He was talking about several things that I didn't I didn't know about. So starlink is as actually for what it is for some of their new stuff. It's actually a quite useful off grid tool, is it.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about the starlink that you can make cell phone calls from?
Speaker 1: Yes, that we talk about that aspect of it, among other things. Yes, yeah, correct, it's called direct direct to sell.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's that's pretty cool. But I wonder how much of an issue because you know how we had starlink over in the Granny Canyon and we didn't quite have a clear guy. So we had it for like ten minutes and then there'll be a two minute drop and then ten minutes drop.
Speaker 1: We had a perfectly clear sky, had a perfectly clear sky. It was Yellowstone, yellow Yellowstone. Oh you said, you said Grand Canyon.
Speaker 2: I misspoke. I apologize, well.
Speaker 1: But you're correct because Grand canyons where we had the tree cover much like Montesano in Huntsville, and it doesn't really it doesn't really work out there. But in Yellowstone we had clear sky and it would still drop and we talk about that. He and I talked about that. He had a theory which I don't really think I buy into a whole lot. He thought it was my app and I'm like, dude, I was just using the phone. Yeah, anyway, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think me and you both were trying to use the data at the same time, and when you went down, I went down also, like.
Speaker 1: It was Yeah, both of us were like, it was not very it was not very stable in Yellowstone for being a satellite internet, which which is okay. You know, starlink is not the end all, be all answer to everything like some people. Some people claim, oh, it just gets starlink. No, it's not the end all. Maybe it will be in fun five years. I don't know. Maybe it will. They're deploying new satellites all the time.
Speaker 2: But it's certainly at evolving technology right, kind of cool to have. It's just based on that experience. I don't know. I will use it as my defacto. This is what I'm defaulting.
Speaker 1: To, right right, Yeah, agreed, agreed. So anyway, we talk about that for a good hour. That video will post tomorrow publicly. It's up.
Speaker 2: It's up.
Speaker 1: It's up now. Yeah, it's up now for patrons and YouTube channel members. I shared it with you guys. Go check that out and uh more stuff. I've got a couple more Starlink videos upcoming as well, because I got a Starlink Mini dish and which runs off of USB C so I plugged it into one of my standardized battery packs that I've been pushing off my Amazon store for the last month. When I was at the Hunting Lease a couple of weekends ago, and I ran it for solid two hours on a battery pack this big oh wow. So it was that's that's the most off grid in if that I mean, that's an oxymoron obviously, but that's the most off grid Internet you could possibly get. So it was fun.
Speaker 2: It was I'm glad they probably have a battery system for those things.
Speaker 1: You know, Well, it's not their battery system. It just runs off a USBC. Should just plug it into whatever.
Speaker 2: Ooh but yeah nice, nice, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's just standard USBC. So the new one is so yeah, good deal, awesome, awesome, awesome. So, speaking of that, a couple other things I and I am on let's see pull up this screen out. I am I'm doing some uh well, nobody answered my CQ that time. Okay, I'm doing some forty meter FT eight. I've made three or four contacts already this morning, so that's where we're at right now. If you guys are on FT eight, it looks like it was kind of lively a minute ago. It looks like it's dying down sadly. The last couple of years that winners rolled around, I've been seeing some Asian stations, some Juliet Alpha, Juliet Fox Trot stations, Japanese stations on forty ft eight, which was really fun to work those guys. Not really seeing anything like that this morning, but there are some US stations out there. There was a one out there from Cuba earlier I think I saw, and somebody from Europe. I can't remember where it was right now, but but forty meters is kind of kind of a live Right now with FT eight, do twenty meter FT eight. Maybe I'll switch to twenty in a minute. I was doing ten meters yesterday. It was lit up. Ten meters was lit up yesterday and it has been for a while, so excellent, excellent time to go out and do some ten meter poda if you guys are into that sort of thing. But let me also say that this two days from now, so tomorrow's my Starlink video, which is a recorded thing with Joseph Christina links to his channel will be in that video. And the day after that, Gigaparts is gonna come back on for a live stream Friday night and we're gonna do a special event type thing. So yeah, you're gonna have to stay tuned to see what that is. But yeah, so gig Parts, Jason from Giga Parts is going to be on and we're going to do a special event live stream that night. So you guys go check that out, put that on your calendar. Hope to see you that evening. Frank, you're gonna be around.
Speaker 2: Right, I should be around, yes, okay, all right, and I might make a point to if it's not too cold to be out in the garage. And you know, good idea, Wane, it's cigar a.
Speaker 1: Good idea, Yeah, good idea. Yeah. So AFL YB y rob is. Oh, you guys in the chat, if y'all want to join me on Friday night, I will have the zoom Link open bill, Good Morning Hand Radio tectonics. How are you, Bill? You want to join me Friday night? You're welcome to as well. So the usual cast. I see Grahm and Poda in there.
Speaker 2: I got Santa's Go Fly Juice. You should have some.
Speaker 1: Bill, Santa's Go Fly juice? What is that? Really?
Speaker 2: Four roads is? Actually I wanted something to drink that will think I got out. I got like bottles of whiskey. Okay, on the floor.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're officially changing this. Okay here it is right here. You guys here heard it here. First, it's no longer it's five o'clock somewhere. Now it's a live stream somewhere. Okay, so it's a live stream somewhere. Cheers there, it is right there. But this is this is just coffee. But yeah. I found a bottle of Buffalo Trace on sale at halls the other day for thirty nine bucks. So I picked that up, just the standard like one leader, one leader bottle, So got the uh got picked that up and UH got a bottle of special kind of Irish cream last night for Christmas.
Speaker 2: Oh, very nice, which I should probably because I have like several bottles of that.
Speaker 1: Here Irish cream that you put in coffee.
Speaker 2: Oh no, this is this is Canadian whisky.
Speaker 1: Sorry. Oh, I thought that's not the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, Canadian club.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, all good, All good.
Speaker 2: Mm.
Speaker 1: So what are your plans today, Frank?
Speaker 2: I am going to be going down to my mom's for brush after this live stream, and then I am going to come back here cook some macaroni and cheese for my stepdad's Christmas get together, and then head over there for the rest of the evening. So I'm gonna be driving around.
Speaker 1: No more yams and marshmallows.
Speaker 2: Well, I did do that yesterday. So I did cook some sweet potatoes and I got the marshmallows set aside, so I do those over at their place so they can get that perfect. You could warm up the sweet potatoes, put the marshmallows on toast them, and everything would be hot and ready to go. So if you don't know, you don't put marshmallows back into the oven to warm up because they will, you know, catch fire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have a you have a story about that.
Speaker 2: I do have a story.
Speaker 1: Do you want to tell that? You don't have to if you don't want to, Okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, just a billowing of it.
Speaker 1: Oh, my goodness, thanks Giving? What it was? I think I would uh w W five JD? Was that you in there? Oh yeah, but okay, thanks man. W W five JD worked on forty Thanks for being out there today. So yeah.
Speaker 2: So I was working on a video the other day. Okay, Monday is shot and everything I got mostly edited. I needed to do the second pass, but Toads was doing a intenna build challenge and I was like, yes, that would be fun.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I heard about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do do a video on it. And I thought it was supposed to be over, you know, like the holidays. So I kind of put it off until the holidays and when I had more time to do all this. But apparently the the contests ended December sixteenth, and I'm late. Oops okay, oops, I said, screw, I'm doing it anyways.
Speaker 1: It sounds fun, sure, Yeah, yeah, so.
Speaker 2: That's that's kind of coming up. And I actually have a good idea for that, and I can't I can't wait to buy everything I did in the planning and shopping part and pricing and now just need to go out and buy it and build it. But I'm look poor to doing that, and I think I'll be doing that around uh next weekend or two.
Speaker 1: Good good. I did see that and I thought, you know what, I've got too much going on right, I'm not going to even attempt to try that. I was like, good luck to you guys. That's all I got to say. Kyle, Merry Christmas, Good morning. Hopefully everything's uh, everything's kosher out in Saint Louis Land. Richard K six R dyj good morning, dude.
Speaker 2: You are warm?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yeah, Saint Louis on the floor yep, oh yeah, could be, could be. In fact, uh the uh okay, TC fits with the super chat. Somebody else had a super chat earlier and I was gonna call it out and I got distracted, So thank thank you for the super chat.
Speaker 2: It was Jason Lockwood.
Speaker 1: Jason Lockwood. Yeah, two dollars super chat, Thank you very much. TC fixed twenty dollars super chat, Thank you very much. Good morning. Merry Christmas to you guys. Appreciate that. Yeah, Merry Christmas to Pixie as well. Yeah, Freddy, Freddy says.
Speaker 2: So Roberts goats and Roberts goats.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh the goats are the goats are used to to the uh, the goats are used to the cold though. I don't know how the I don't know how about the rain. I don't know if they're used to the rain or not.
Speaker 2: But the glooby weather, we were talking about that before we went by. Gosh, yeah, just overcast and you know what, this would be acceptable if it was snowy.
Speaker 1: Yes, agreed, agreed. There was one year, it was like ten or twelve years ago, where it actually snowed on Christmas Eve. That's the one I've lived in Texas my whole life. You guys know this. I say this all the time. There's been one time Texas. Yeah, right, one time where it actually snowed on Christmas Eve.
Speaker 2: I remember this, and yeah, like it was years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was like ten, twelve, maybe fifteen years ago something like that. I don't I don't remember exactly when it was, but it was a while back.
Speaker 2: So yep, all right, miss it man, that'd be so cool to have snow down here. It would be it would be EMPTC says if it snows on Christmas, everything's free.
Speaker 1: Right, if it snows, it's free at MTC. They didn't do that this year. Oh so yeah, I didn't never see them announce that this year. But but hey, you know, it's still a cool event that they did sometimes. So all right, we're working some twenty I switched to twenty meters a minute ago. I got three or four people calling me right now, So twenty meter ft eights where we're at.
Speaker 2: But Merry Christmas, Jeff with the U member highlight message.
Speaker 1: Uh yes, yeah, I saw that highlighted that. I'm trying to figure out what gray Man poda. How long have you lived in Texas? My whole life, buddy, my whole life, I've lived in Texas. So and if you don't know how how old I am, go back and watch my birthday live stream from last March. Yeah. Uh oh okay, Misha the Bear, the bear I woke up to the fire department at the front door accusing me of blocking rumors egress from my back window with snow. No rumors. My neighbor. My neighbor hates my antenna ouch. She lost five thousand dollars in the countersuit court over my over my tower. Yes, well, hey, congrats to you. That's awesome. Sounds like you've sounds like you're on the winning side of that. So that's cool. Yeah, down with the h O a defund the h o A.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, I completely agree on that one.
Speaker 1: Right, that's funny. I was looking, I was watching that story as like, wow, Merry Christmas. Ed p D two J p F P I'm sorry p C two J J p F. I saw someone in there from uh oh. I can't remember where it was, somewhere overseas, somewhere outside of the USA, somewhere in there Belgium. Maybe I don't remember where it was right now, right now I see him radio, dude, what's up, Sean, Merry Christmas?
Speaker 2: Hey man, how's it going?
Speaker 1: And yeah, yeah, it's it's been a little bit since we talked to Sean. Uh n a yo, Mike, Merry Christmas to you, thanks for being here. Uh s O F s O F battles go ahead.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I thought you were gonna say, Mike. I'm like, dude, it's too early for Mike.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's too early for Mike. No n a yo, Mike. Yeah. That's where when I'm when I'm talking to Emily about in a yo, I refer to him as in a yo. I mean he is in a yo because there's too many freaking mics in him. Radio so yeah, yeah, Mike is forever in eight yo. Never change your call sign, dude, nobody know who you are. So uh uh s o f battle, thank you for the super chat five dollars Merry Christmas from casey nine USB. That's a cool call sign. Hope Santa brought you more than a than Cole. Yeah, I got a I got a smoked cocktail set. In fact, I got a picture of it here. Let me uh, let me pull that up real quick, switch over here photos. I took a picture of it so I could share it here this morning. Uh, that's it right there? Boom, come on, stupid Google always wants to rotate it in the wrong direction, right yeah and it no, there we go save right yaw all right. So I told himly, I was like, that's a cigar lighter. She knows. She's like, no, it's a drink lder. I'm like, well, yeah, it's that too. Comes with its own little bottle of freaking but tane over there on the right. So it's got and each of those. So that's that's the up at the top left. That's the thing that you put so you fill your glass and whatnot. And the little book that you can't see that's at the top left is a little recipe book. It's got four or five mixed drink recipes in there. And Jake, one of my hunting buddies, he had one of these that not this fancy. He had one of these out at the dear Least a couple of years ago and we smoked some some scotch and that was that was tasty. But these four where it says charred peach, hickory, cherry. And there's another one up over there on the right that's actually there's actually two in each of those slots, there's one little and those are wood chips. So there's there's eight different flavors of wood chips. You got apple in there and mesquite and uh, I forget what else oak in there? I think and uh and then you so you put your wood chips in that little screen thing and then you light it on fire and it uh and it smokes your your cocktail for you. So we're gonna have to uh, we're gonna have to do some of that. So we have to test We're gonna have to test this out, Frank, you and I are gonna have to test this out on my patio. So we make sure it works correctly before we take it to winter Field Day next month. How's that?
Speaker 2: I love everything about.
Speaker 1: This, that's right?
Speaker 2: Yeah? See, I would love because what I do that audio podcast at Texas Ham's. Yeah, and I would love somehow to set up you know, cameras and we'd just all sit around to talk. But the hardest part is how do you put a camera on each guy and then mic everyone up and just kind of do that hang out and talk with each other. It's just difficult to do that with all in person. But that would be the perfect thing for that.
Speaker 1: I would, yes, it would be, but I would just use a I would just use the wireless mic system. Yeah. You do you have the dual mic or do you have a single mic?
Speaker 2: I have the duel mics. Okay, I have two sets of the duel mics because I lost one of the receivers, so I have one that's just the receipt transmitters. But you could put those in recording mode. And that's what I did, if you remember correctly, at Winterfield the summerfield Day last year, where we sat around and talked. I just liked everyone up and that worked pretty well. I just want to do that on video someday, and and that's gonna just be more working extra.
Speaker 1: You just have to pass the mic around. I think it'd be a fun thing to do. Still, do they have Jack Daniel whiskey Burrow chips for that drink smoke? Not? No, not in this specific set. There's no Jack Daniels chips in here. Jason Lockwood, how much is that was free? Because that was a Christmas gift for my wife. So I don't care how much. I don't know how much you paid for it, so but yeah, it was. That was my Christmas gift that I got this morning.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got no gifts because it's just me in the house, just.
Speaker 1: You, right, yeah, well but you're you're going somewhere, so so you didn't see any family yesterday?
Speaker 2: No, yesterday I worked. I went to the office.
Speaker 1: That's right, you did, That's right. Yeah. I hit Frank up and I'm like, hey, what are you doing tomorrow morning? And and it took him like half an hour to reply, and I'm like, where are you? He goes, I'm at work. The heck you're working for it's Christmas?
Speaker 2: Even come on, just because someone saw his vacation time doing cool hand stuff.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh man, it was fine, but yeah, I'm looking forward to uh doing the going, doing all the family stuff and hanging out having fun and griping over relatives.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, your sweet potatoes.
Speaker 1: Yeah right right, yeah, Chris, Where what state are you in? He says he saw one deer running past as well. Seven degrees is cold when sitting, Yes, it is, yes it is. Uh, that's that's probably too cold for I don't think. Well, I don't know. I've got I've got a heater and a heated blanket in my deer stand that I can.
Speaker 2: Is that cheating?
Speaker 1: Uh? I don't care. I mean, you know, if you pull the trigger on a deer and get him and field dress him and take him home put in the freezer, the meat all taste the same whether you had a blanket on when you shot him or not. So yeah, I don't really care. Oh he's in Wisconsin.
Speaker 2: Ouch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm as freaking I'm as freaking cold up there. Man, No, thank you, Asca Asca t o about Wisconsin weather.
Speaker 2: Where is these days? Because he's doing that roaming around?
Speaker 1: Uh? Uh, you know what, I don't know. I don't know where he's currently residing right now. But yeah, I'm not sure. M cheating, Jason, No, No, no, not cheating. Like I said, the meat still taste all the same, Still still got a field dress. The sucker.
Speaker 2: I started a thing.
Speaker 1: I love it. I know, I know it's awesome. So oh boy, okay, so uh what's okay? So Chris has got a seven degree temperature and I did a shout out the other night on my live stream, what what's the temperature where you guys are at right now? It's actually not that cold here. It's what fifty something.
Speaker 2: Fifty Yeah, it's in the fifties.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fifty eight. It's a fifty one according to my phone, which may not be updated. Yeah, that does fifty fifty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there it is.
Speaker 1: That's fifty two, is what I'm showing right now. But yeah, I thought t O was headed to Qurtz Fest. He might be. He might be headed to Qurtz Fest. I'm not sure. Chris Robertson five dollars super Chat, Thank you very much. Forty five in Cincinnati, forty two in Indiana, thirty nine eighty eight degrees Roelle, I'm gonna kiss. I'm going I guess you're south of the border, buddy.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, digitalle answer. Thirty in uh, Western Pennsylvania. Weren't you doing up there?
Speaker 1: Oh? He went on that trip. That's right. Yeah, I forget he was he's going. Uh he told us what he was doing. I forget now though he's on he and his wife are on a trip.
Speaker 2: I think, Oh, who's taking care of the goats?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Uh. Fifty eight in southwest Florida. Twenty nine in New York.
Speaker 2: If you hang out with Robert for any extensive period of time, you will hear about his ghosts. Oh. Yeah, true, they're always good stories. They are always good stories.
Speaker 1: Yeh, there we go. Thirty two in Chicago.
Speaker 2: Sixty six in Florida. Let's go righting family, right, Yeah on, Robert, that's all.
Speaker 1: That's great. That's great, that's great.
Speaker 2: So are you gonna do uh make the rounds and see any family today?
Speaker 1: Yes, we're going over to my folks house. We went to Emily's folks house last night. I spent the night there. Uh, well, spent the evening. We came back. We came home last night. We spent the evening there. We got there about three o'clock or so. I think it was. We went to church with them last night and came back and opened Presence and whatnot. We were home shortly before ten, and then we kind of chilled out and watched, uh, watched a little TV. I was wanting to watch a Christmas I was wanting to watch Trading Places, which I considered to be a Christmas movie. Okay.
Speaker 2: I started Spirit the other day. Spirit Spirited? Is it Spirited show? It's a movie? Ryan Reynolds, I can't think it was his name? Now? Who did anchorman?
Speaker 1: Oh? Will Ferrell?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Ryan Reynolds and Will Ferrell A weird and fun twist to a Christmas Carol. It is hilarious.
Speaker 1: Really, I hadn't seen that one. Okay. So my favorite new Christmas movie that I found last year is Violent Night. Who has seen this? Ye? Violent Night? It is freaking awesome. The first see Hey, Graham and Poda gifted five M Radio two point zero memberships. Check that out. It looks like Craig got one DJ Latin Man, Misha got one, Curtis got one, and looks like oh K six r d J he got one two. Thanks thanks Tim, appreciate that, buddy. So yeah, so Violent Night, Santa, Claus is played by and I can't remember that guy's name, but he's been in a few movies. He was in Uh, he was in the first.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm not good with actors.
Speaker 1: He was in that first movie with Denzel where he played a the Equalizer, The Equalizer. He was one of the cops in The Equalizer. He's been in some other stuff too, I can't remember, but Diehard best Christmas movie. I'm I'm with you right there, Mike, I am with you right there. So I watched Red One, Soul Studio's dismissioning Red One.
Speaker 2: With Santa David who David Harbor.
Speaker 1: David Harbor, Okay, yeah, but he was Santa and the first scene has him. I'm not gonna spoil it for you. This not gonna spoil the movie at all. Go watch it. But the first scene he's sitting in a bar with two or three other guys dressed as Santa, although molesandas whatnot and uh and and he's he's had a few, and you know, he's kind of like he's putting him back and he's like, uh. The bartender asked she She's like, are you okay to drive? And he's like, well, I don't really do the drive. I do a little steering the reindeer do with driving. And they all laugh at him. So he gets up to leave and he walks through the back door behind the bar, and she's like, you can't go that way. It goes to the roof and she goes up there and she looks and she's looking around. She kept finding and she looks up and she sees the sleigh in the air and it's kind of circling around. It comes by and it shows him puking off the side of the sleigh and it lands on her. It's freaking uh it's it's freaking awesome. But uh it uh yeah, Violent Night it is uh it's like, uh, I don't know. It's kind of like die Hard meets Santa sorta. I don't know. It's it's hard to it's hard to explain, but it's very good.
Speaker 2: It's also kind of like Fat Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I think it came out before Fat Man, if I. I just watched Fat Man for the first time this year, and that was pretty good, but Violent Knight was. It's at least two years old, it might be older, and I don't remember exactly when it came out, but yeah, definitely. Uh yeah, Bruce Willis says it's not a Christmas movie. Well he's wrong. Then Bruce Willis didn't write or direct die Hard, he just started it.
Speaker 2: So did you do you watch the movies that make us? No? I no, no, there's one that they were talking about die Hard and everything going in like they're trying to make that movie. So apparently they were still writing actively writing that movie when they started shooting it. So when they started shooting it, they did not know how what the ending was going to be, so they were kind of just like really shooting and writing at the same time.
Speaker 1: Huh, that's interesting. I don't know it was.
Speaker 2: It was pretty cool. You got some another gifted sub there.
Speaker 1: I saw that Soul Student gifted five Ham Radio two point zero memberships, not subscriptions memberships. Let's see Chris Radio and Life. Steven Bode uh Bo Boudet. I'm sorry, I'm saying that wrong. I don't uh parla a vow FRONTI Big Apple, Amateur, Rodzilla, Skeeter and N eight t I N Dan got those, Thank you very much, and then uh somebody else to k A two A U B's world did five more? Ben Brian ray K, E Zero t SF and Sean got those. So thanks, guys, appreciate, appreciate the support. There you guys that just you guys who just got memberships. Now go out and watch that. You can find that starlink video I did with Jay Christina because I shared it to all the members last night, you should be able to find it. So go go out and watch that when when we're done here.
Speaker 2: Also retired five oh uh that gave you a five dollar sup of chat.
Speaker 1: I see that now, thank you, Frank, Yeah, Merry Christmas retired five oh retired, uh retired police department, So thank you for that, buddy. Poulter, guyst is it christ?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Hey, what's up? Dan? I saw you in there earlier. W four Dan in the house. Poulter, guys, is a Christmas movie. It's been a long time since I've seen polter Geist, but I did see this. This was funny. I did see. I think I shared this in the uh in the in the in the chat room that we don't talk about, but uh, I think, uh, let me see if I can find this real quick. But uh I they say that yeah, yeah, Diehard being a Christmas movie is is something that's highly debated.
Speaker 2: And it takes evolves around Christmas. Is on Christmas Day, there's.
Speaker 1: A lot of Christmas. Yeah, no, no, I'm with you. I'm with you. I think I think I think it is. I think it's totally a Christmas movie myself. But the uh yeah, you know, the first Lethal Weapons starts that way, starts with jingle bell Rock, but it kind of progresses, you know, for several weeks after the fact and whatnot. But Diehard all happens in the same night. So yeah, it's a to me, that's a Christmas movie. But I can't find that meme I shared. Now, oh there it is right there, there, it is right there. Okay, see, let's see open browser rolling up.
Speaker 2: You never scroll up?
Speaker 1: I know it. Yeah, look at that. You guys can see that.
Speaker 2: Right, Ah, yes, I can see it. Uh oh that's good.
Speaker 1: It ends with let it snow. Definitely a Christmas movie. In ate Yo, Okay, you heard it here first in eight Yo declared it is a Christmas movie. On Christmas Eve, don't forget to leave cigarettes, shoes, twinkies and a Bretta ninety two in the duckwork for John mclen that's awesome. All good. All good. Twenty meters is on fire. Some good contacts on twenty meters, so that's good. So what'd you guys get for Christmas? What was your favorite? I mean, whether it's Ham Radio or not, what'd you guys get? What's the coolest thing you got so far? Maybe maybe some of you haven't gotten gotten anything yet because today's Christmas Day and that's okay. Expert Ham Radio watched Elf last night. We watched Elf last week. It was Elf was good too. Elf is one of those that's up there where you think of your favorite Christmas movies and there's usually like what five, six, seven of them in your head that you're like, oh, I gotta watch that pretty much every year. Elf is one of those, and it hadn't been out that long. I mean, you know, compare Christmas Vacation is probably my top one, and it's probably forty years old now, and that's like, yeah, Christmas Vacation is probably my favorite Christmas movie. But but elfa is right up there in the top three. And we watched die Hard every year. We watched Diehard about a week ago, and a Diehard too also takes place during Christmas, and uh, home alone, we usually watched that one.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 1: Tim Allen Santa Claus. We haven't watched that one yet this year, but that's usually a good one.
Speaker 2: Text usually one of my go tos, Tim Allen Santa Claus. That was hit me when I was that aide so that that was one of my Christmas movies. Yeah, what else? Uh, fat man? I watch every year. You introduced me to this year violent night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, jeez, Roel says Santa left him and I come seven o five. All right, buddy, that is great, that's awesome. Uh. Jody says he ordered himself a quirky cube seat lamp. That's cool. Okay, Jody, did you get a seventy three hundred G ninety and an FtM four hundred or is that your wish list? Bless you? Frank. I was laughing at that, man, Oh you were laughing. He sounds like you sneezed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jesus man. Yeah, yeah, like on the nice list, chef nice list. If he got all that.
Speaker 1: Got all of that, yo, jeez. Gremlins is a Christmas movie. That's yes, yeah, it is. It's true. Grimlin's two was better. That's one of the few movies where the sequel was better than the first one. I think Grimlin's two is hilarious. So uh, Mike says KB five. Q f U says, what is Jason Frank's favorite childhood Christmas memory? Christmas memory?
Speaker 2: Christmas memory?
Speaker 1: Hmm? I remember the year I got a Nintendo original Nintendo. That was a pretty good year. That was. Yeah, I was I was probably in the oh gosh, sixth grade, seventh grade something like that when that happened, Like original Nintendo.
Speaker 2: I am going to say, I remember one year, like stay like Christmas Eve, we worked on like creating a Santa.
Speaker 1: Trap and like for Santa Trap good half.
Speaker 2: The day and then the time came. I finally we went to bed and we woke up and part of it was we had a fire that day and but we didn't clean out the ashes, and there was Santa's bootprints in the ashes in the fireplace, and then there was some ashes spread into the tree and then all the cookies were eating.
Speaker 1: I was like, ah, Santa was here, that's awesome. Yeah, all right, Freddy, what did Freddy do? He says, was that the Nintendo with the crank handle on the side, And Freddy, I'm pretty sure you're You're older than I am, dude, so I'm gonna let that one slide today. But atari twenty six hundred, that was well, I had a twenty six hundred, but I was young when we had a twenty six hundred, so I don't remember getting that. I think Dad just brought that home one day. Trading Places is absolutely a Christmas movie. I agree with you, Jody. I watched that like yesterday. I actually watched that yesterday, so yeah, totally a Christmas movie. Dan Ackroyd dressed up as Santa planting drugs in the desk of Eddie Murphy. Yeah, Christmas, okay, grahamam Poda. What's your non traditional Christmas tradition? We eat Christmas tacos on Christmas Day? Non traditional Christmas tradition. Hmm, it's a good question. Well, you know what, doing this live stream because it was like the third or fourth year I've done a live stream on Christmas morning, so yeah, this is probably this is probably it right here for me.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't think I have an answer for non traditional other than I got to wake up and wait to open all my presents and go over to the parents' places to get them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you have to go somewhere to get your presence instead of being under the tree downstairs. Yep, I hear you on that one. And fifty eighty y'all watching this this morning. Thanks for being here. Go ahead, Frank.
Speaker 2: It's sad because we sold our Nintendo NES to buy a Nintendo sixty four. And that is one decision I regret.
Speaker 1: Right, I did. H I sold my Nintendo NES, my original Nintendo, and and I think we got a Sega Genesis that we and this is still when we were kids, and it was Yeah, it was a Sega Genesis and we had that for a while. And then when I when I kind of got out on my own, I bought a Nintendo sixty four and I liked two or three games. GoldenEye was one of the really good games on that system. I still have my Nintendo sixty four. And a few years back I went up to games This is back when game Stop was actually good. I went up to Game Stop and I got an original Nintendo again. So I have one around here somewhere. I think it's in that bag right there actually, and I can't remember what game. I think I only have the only game I have for a Super Mario. But I mean that was like my favorite game anyway with Super Mario.
Speaker 2: You remember before they bought them out, Funko.
Speaker 1: Land, uh, vaguely.
Speaker 2: Funko Land was awesome because Funko Land would allow you to Back in the day, they had a certain game. They had the game station set up all over the store and you're like, oh, I can I try you know, Super Mario Brothers three, And they'll put it into the game station, allowed to play it, and so you can test the game out before you buy it. But I remember just going there and playing games for like an hour or so. Mom got her here.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's cool.
Speaker 2: Huh, But that I really loved that.
Speaker 1: I don't think I I don't think I don't remember that one. Was that around here that you did that?
Speaker 2: Yeah? It was over across the street from what's that mall in Arlington, not great Von Mills.
Speaker 1: No, that's in Lewisville. You're talking about.
Speaker 2: Parks Mall, the parks Mall, the parks Mall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It was across the street in the same shopping center as a Target.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, cool. Now, I don't think I don't remember every going down there. Steven says, I have an original game Boy in Sega Genesis around here somewhere. I never got another. Sega Genesis was one of my favorite systems because that was the first one you could play a decent copy of Mortal Kombat on. And we used to play the heck out of Mortal Mortal com Original Mortal Kombat, uh was kind of low res, but like Mortal Kombat two and three. We used to play the heck out of that game on Sega Genesis and it was freaking awesome.
Speaker 2: I did not I still kind of don't like fighting games. I still feel like they're button smashers instead of really skilled.
Speaker 1: No, you never played one correctly. Well, you never played Mortal Kombat correctly because you had to. You had to do something. I mean you could learn like kind of shortcuts and tricks and whatnot. But it was, uh, it was definitely.
Speaker 2: That that was in our weapertry growing up. Mortal Kombat. Mom never liked this. To turn the blood coat on.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, slip mom is there's no blood It's okay, yeah right. Mike's Mike stephf says he still has all of his consoles, starting with the Atari twenty six hundred. I would love to have another twenty six hundred again. I would love to have that again because I liked that game. What was that game that I used to I would think it was, uh well, Pittfall was kind of cool. But there was an Indiana Jones. I think it was just called Raiders the Lost Art. That was a pretty fun game back in the day. But uh wait a minute, hold on. The eight bit guy who is a YouTuber opened a huge arcade in Bedford, not too far from you guys.
Speaker 2: Really there there is a arc what's aide in Bedford?
Speaker 1: I don't know if I know there's one in Arlington that I know of. I don't know of one in Bedford. What's it called? Is it called? The eight bit guy? Is that what it's called?
Speaker 2: There's Bedford next to the meat market, the Mexican meat Market. There is a an arcade, like an actual arcade arcade inside of a small strip.
Speaker 1: Mall time rift arcade.
Speaker 2: Jody says, Oh, let's see if that's the one I'm thinking of Google, can it now?
Speaker 1: I'm not I've not heard of that. I'm I think I know where I'm going world.
Speaker 2: That is not the one I was thinking of. But this looks awesome.
Speaker 1: I think I know where I'm going tomorrow. Yeah, hold on, Frank, let me share your screen there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh and big.
Speaker 2: And me and you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So this is just Google photos. Oh, this is like a three sixty no, nevermind time rift arcade.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: It looks like one of those free play places. Oh, they have old computer games.
Speaker 1: Nice, Burger Time, Burger Time. That's funny.
Speaker 2: There's your atari.
Speaker 1: Yep. Huh. So it's not just the stand up arcade games. He's got like consoles who went like home home game stuff in there as well. That's fine.
Speaker 2: Oh that might be an old text added our text games and Apple.
Speaker 1: Two Apple two. Yeahsh We're gonna have to go check out that place, Frank know, we may have to do a live stream from there. Frank, we still need to get down to that freaking cigar place.
Speaker 2: There's Sonic on the old Sega Genesis. Yeah, they go, oh teenage means turtles, and there's.
Speaker 1: Oh we still yeah. Is that a pinball machine and ball yep? Yeah, pac man, all the pac mans.
Speaker 2: Yes. Oh, it might be like one of those penny arcade places you just go and pay like five dollars and everything is free.
Speaker 1: Jody says, you paid the door one time.
Speaker 2: Yep, there it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's awesome. I will I'm going to go check that out this weekend. I think I may not be able to stay in there long. Bit, I'm gonna go check that out this weekend. That's freaking cool, Thanks, Jody. I didn't know about that place.
Speaker 2: And I see the door check dragging you out. But I want to play some more now, dude.
Speaker 1: She enjoyed some of those older games, some of her Her mom and dad had a Pack Original. It was either Original pac Man, Original misspac Man. I don't remember which one in their house. When she was growing up, all the kids in the neighborhood used to come over and play a pac Man on their house. So, and now you can buy those those mini console games, and like Walmart, you can buy them online that are like they're likes Pack. There's some some of them are like four or five games like pac Man, Centipede and Donkey Kong and all those. You can buy those and they're not very expensive for what they are, and they're they're the mini version of them though, and they're they're all updated, updated electronics. And graphics and whatnot. But uh, there's a brewery in Galveston that has like four of those on the wall. You walk in and they're all four over there on the wall and that. So I've played those there sometimes before. But it's uh, yeah, no, she would. She would probably be into that.
Speaker 2: Honestly, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, this guy stop replying to me on twenty meters. I'm just gonna call CEQ again. AC zero M. I lost you.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Hey, sometimes that happens, man.
Speaker 1: You just get down in the noise is, oh, good morning, buddy, seventy three, have a have a safe day out there is Oh, merry Christmas.
Speaker 2: Merry Christmas is, Oh, have a cigar when you get home. But I was like, oh, it's too cold right now. It's too cold.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I could open the door. I could. I don't mind smoking in here. People will be like, well, you know, be able to sell your radios. I was like, I don't sell radios. I buy radios. Ask my wife. She will, she'll tell you, But uh, I don't really care.
Speaker 2: I always thinking about trying to do it in the garage, but the time I woke up, I was like, Nope, not gonna happen. Yeah, I gotta set everything up, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need to get I need to get a better well you know what I mean, my patios. If if I got a couple of curtains up there with one of those heaters, I got a heated table, and I've got that that external heater that I haven't I just need to build it. I haven't put it together yet. But in a way, wait, we can sell radios. He and I have the same focus here, buddy.
Speaker 2: Well you can sell them if they don't get stolen out of your car.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, no, you just get instead of if you need to get rid of get rid of radios, just leave them in your car at Chicago O'Hare. Apparently that that takes care of the problem. We're teasing you, Mike, you know that, but.
Speaker 2: You're so sad. The worst in.
Speaker 1: My mind, the worst about that story is that he was coming here to do Winterfield Day with us when all that happened. I'm like, geez, seriously, but oh boy, But anyway, what was I saying, Oh, I get my patio set up and get some heaters going out there, and then uh, and then I even have a I have a TV that I mount out there, I take it down when it rains, like it's been raining for the last day or two. But you know, I can watch myself on the TV. I can play YouTube on the TV and have a cigar and do a live stream from out there. So I want to do that because it's just a good place to do it. But I just gotta get some I gotta get some better. I gotta get some some shades and some screens put up on one side or both sides of the place to try to keep the heat in a little bit from the heaters. No.
Speaker 2: I've been thinking lately because I always wanted to do the to cover my patio, and I'm getting ready to start trying to get contact contractors to do that. But I'm like, oh, I looked downstairs last night and I saw mike carpet. I was like, oh, the carpet's about eight years old now, and that kind of needs to replace. So now, you know, do the tiles in the house instead of the patio because the tiles will probably you know, keep stay keep up the value better than a covered patio.
Speaker 1: Have you had your carpets cleaned?
Speaker 2: No? And that's the other thing I was thinking about maybe I should so call a clean service too.
Speaker 1: I've got a really really good I've got a really really good cleaning sir, carpet cleaning guy, and he does he does an excellent job. I don't use him anymore because we replaced all our carpet years ago with hardwood floors. When you have dogs, carpet is a bad idea mm hmm. And but so so we have all Harvard, so I haven't used him, but I'm fairly certain he's still in business. He's out of like Arlington or no, like Crowley or something like that. But but yeah, he's good dude. I'll give you his number. But yeah, have your carpets cleaned? You may not, I mean eight years old, if you've taken care of them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's might be in the hallways they're they're really really worn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean if they're worn or starting to frey, then yeah, that's one thing. If they're just dirty, that can usually be cleaned up pretty good.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I'm just trying to think of like, well that that will you know, increase the house value a bit more than just covering the patio. To covering the patio, I don't think it will add too much or help it retain the value. But you know you put tiled down. I was thinking that wood wooden look tile. Yes, I really love that.
Speaker 1: My folks have that. It looks good in their house. So yeah, it's a good idea. Here's Kevin Lopoda. I'm saying your name right. I've only had my gmrized license for less than a month and I only have eleven hts and I feel like I don't have enough radios. Lol. Dude, you are a Ham radio operator in the making. You are absolutely on a Ham radio operator in the making. You have you it's in your blood. You have the skill. Go get your hand radio licensese.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, then you get more distance, you can use the Ham radio repeaters and then.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean just because he's he's out there buying radios and he still doesn't have enough. He is a Ham and whether he knows it or not, that's good. That's good.
Speaker 2: Don finish your hamsat Frank.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm getting to it. I am just went for the weather so I could get back on the roof now.
Speaker 1: Yep, for sure. Scott KG five R j R. What's up, buddy, didn't see you in there earlier. Good morning, Merry Christmas. Uh all right, we're nearing the top of the hour. Frank, I think I'm gonna wrap this up.
Speaker 2: Sounds so good man.
Speaker 1: What's what's coming up for you? Man?
Speaker 2: Coming up for me is next Monday, we're going to be exploring options what you can do to build a antenna for twenty meters and I think I have a pretty good one and I can't wait to actually put that together. Then, coming up on my first live stream of the year, it's gonna be January twelfth. It is my birthday live stream, and we're gonna have some fun and there's something special gonna be happening, so swing by because it will be a limited time only.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna do that on January first?
Speaker 2: It's gonna be January second? Okay, the Thursday, ye or sorry, Darry sorry? Twelfth twelfth, twelfth my normal stream day.
Speaker 1: Oh so so on a Sunday then, yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: Okay, my normal stream day. Something fun is and the maze is gonna happen and we're gonna have some fun with it. I'm I don't know, I'm toying with the idea of live streaming before your live stream on the December twenty night. Just okay, friends together, light a cigar and roll into your live stream.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We call it the pre game to the Happy Hour.
Speaker 1: That'd be cool, cool, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, so we're Yeah. I didn't I didn't mention that at the beginning of this stream, but you guys in the chat who have been on the Happy Hour before, we will be doing a Happy Hour this coming Sunday. I'm not gonna do one on New Year's Eve this year. I'm gonna do one on Sunday instead, So y'all are welcome join me for that.
Speaker 2: M m m yeah. So depending on the weather I'm thinking about, I would love to do in the backyard and have a a fire pit going again. Or if it's super cold or drizzly like it's been, probably just be in the garage.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool sounds good? Mm hmm good. Well upcoming for me tomorrow, I've got that video for the Starlink video with Jake Christina. That should be uh. I hope you guys enjoy that. I gotta sneeze again. Friday was a special audition live stream seven pm Friday night, Texas Time with Gigabarts so tune into, tune into that, we're gonna We're gonna have that's gonna be a fun stream. And then this Sunday for my normal time. On Sunday, we're gonna do a Ham Radio Happy Hour close out of twenty twenty four, and you guys are all welcome to join me. If you've been on the Happy Hour before, you're welcome to join me again. So guys, have a good Christmas. Thanks for joining me this morning. Everyone go out and spend some time with family today and we will talk several times over the next few days. So seventy three and Merry Christmas to all.
Speaker 2: Merry Christmas.
Speaker 1: Bye later