Speaker 1: The War State by Michael Swanson explains the great national transformation that took place and put the Kennedy presidency in the context of the times, and reveals never before published information about the Cuban missile crisis. President Kennedy would not have been assassinated if he had been president two hundred years ago. His assassination took place in the context of the Cold War and the rise of the national security state. Before World War II, the United States was a continental republic. In the decade that followed, it became an imperial superpower. Generals such as Curtis LeMay not only wanted to invade Cuba, but knew that there were short range missiles on the island armed with nuclear warheads that they could not destroy because they were on mobile launchers. Their invasion could have led to a Third World War, and they wanted to go to war anyway. The War State by Michael Swanson reveals why and will show you what President Kennedy was up against. For more information, the Warstate dot com.
Speaker 2: Evelation through conversation.
Speaker 3: Hey, what happens when you actually play a bit of a sound that is simultaneously coherent and crazy? And I always love that h one line in the uh in one of the movies from a long time ago, and I can't remember which movie it is off the top of my head. Isn't that scary? But I always remember this part.
Speaker 4: I might not know karate, but I know karaze. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: They passed the budget resolution that would gut Medicaid and food stamps to cover over a trillion in tax cuts for the one percent, and conservatives online are celebrating it, which is weird to me because I know they can't all be part of the one percent on account of how percentages work and everything, So I don't understand what y'all are cheering. And they's like, I don't know. Trump already said he's gonna help work in people because there's gonna be no taxes.
Speaker 4: On tips and overtime and stuff.
Speaker 6: All right, But those things are like the governmental equivalent of working for a soulless corporation that'll write you up for attending the birth of your child. But you know, sometimes on Fridays they let us untuck our shirts and eat cold pizza, So comparatively, those measures ain't shit, all right, But much much more importantly, also, they ain't even doing them those sayings they part of this resolution. So I ask again, what are you happy about? And they might say, well, you know, either way, they're balancing the budget. They're triming government spending, and that's good for all of us. Look not to get too professorial on you, but na uh, this is going to increase this country's debt. How are you okay with that? As a conservative? One Republican in Congress voted no on this because he said it's going to increase our debt and I just don't think that would be, you know, fiscally responsible.
Speaker 3: Well, hey, but we're getting plenty of eggs from Turkey and and I don't mean Turkey the bird. I do mean Turkey the country, and we're making all kinds of deals. And Trump again repeated that we're not paying tariffs if we're the consumers. Ever, because other countries pay the tariffs, well do they? Anyway, Let's hear a little more from that meeting with the Prime Minute stirned directly from Trump instead of from the commentary there, which was the liberal redneck. Let's hear from Trump himself. And I'll try and just shut up and.
Speaker 4: Go on with it.
Speaker 3: If unless something caresee happens during it, and we.
Speaker 4: Have some very talented people on the other side.
Speaker 3: And oh, by the way, this is a completely randomly pulled clip and I am not attempting to judge it in any way. And listening to this part of the interesting press event for the first time along with you. I didn't hear this part live anyway. Here we go from earlier today President Trump with President with excuse me, British PM Starmer.
Speaker 2: We have some people that probably aren't as talented as them, but pretty good Manco what our people are pretty good?
Speaker 4: And what do you think, Little Marshall? And we'll be talking about you think you think, little Marco? Mister Starmer.
Speaker 7: The Prime Minister has said that he believes of Ladimir Putin would be risk of invading Ukraine again without a sufficient BackStar Do you think of otafoots In would be likely to invade again eventity?
Speaker 4: I don't think so. I think while we have a deal, it's going to be the deal.
Speaker 2: I don't think if I didn't win the election, I don't think we'd be even talking to Pootin right now or anybody else.
Speaker 3: I think, Okay, just really quickly, I want to tell you that the noise. The excessive room noise is due to the fact that this is a Fox News feed and for some reason, Fox cranks up the audio on their feeds, not necessarily the volume, but cranks up the gain on their audio, so that room noise is a guarantee. Whenever they're at the White House, in some office at the G seven, whatever, take notice. Fox News for some reason pounds you with room noise from the gain on their mixing board. I don't know why they just do it, and I just really knowed it because it was unnerving me. But anyway, back to what Trump's saying, pay attention to what he's saying, not the room noise. Try to ignore it, okay, please, So we're just you.
Speaker 2: Know, I don't know if you're looking at the stats, but thousands of people are being killed a weak soldiers, mostly because the towns have been destroyed.
Speaker 4: It's thousands of soldiers. This was a very bad week, by the way. I get the status and you're talking about a human life number one. I want to see that.
Speaker 2: And it doesn't involve American soldiers, but it's Russian and Ukrainian soldiers that I can think.
Speaker 4: I think I'm speaking for both number one, we want to see that stop.
Speaker 2: And number two, I want to stop paying the kind of money that we're talking about.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm glad Trump doesn't want to just see wholesale murder on the planet at all times. And of course we're talking about Russian and Ukrainian troops. Ukraine has been invaded by Russia. Therefore, guess what that's the dead troops that should be there. And if somebody else is dying, it's unusual anyway, isn't it strange that it goes to that? And also take note he says several times, I get the stats, I see the stats. It's like he's reading box scores on the war. I got to tell you, when somebody's that disconnected from it, he's not seeing the photographs of it. Other presidents tell you they saw images, they saw satellites, they saw photographs. Oh well, then again, he's banned the AP and usually they have the AP photographers on the ground in war zones. So maybe he's missing it because of that, and he decided they were no good because of the Gulf of America and all so on and so forth. Also note to his set designer, publicist, whatever get him the hell out of that weirdly colored, slightly shiny goldish chair. It's not a good look. And any president i've seen sit in this chair. Just when I see an old man sitting in a chair like that, I just think they must depede on it a lot. It's like that weird golden shower color. I'm not supposed to mention that when we're talking, Trunk. I'm sorry, back to Trump's words, forget about my observations.
Speaker 2: We're helping, and we're helping NATO, but we're helping a lot more than anybody else by far, and.
Speaker 4: I want that to stop. Well, so you're having Jeff Cohea, Thank you, sir. You talked about Trey Tariff this morning on your side. Just a question about China. Ten Terriff has already been implemented on China. Are you thinning to do a tent above this will be an additional tent above it?
Speaker 7: And is there from the talks with Canada and Mexico so far?
Speaker 4: Are you not seeing the progress that you wanted in order? I don't see it at all now. Not on drugs. We've done a great job.
Speaker 2: If you look at Tom Holman, he's been incredible and Christie. They've done a great job in terms of the border, but the drugs continue to pour into our country, killing hundreds.
Speaker 4: Of thousands of people.
Speaker 2: We're losing substantially more than one hundred thousand people. I mean they're dead. The families are destroyed after that happened.
Speaker 4: So it's you know, it's not just that that's.
Speaker 2: The ultimate, but the families are absolutely destroyed. The drugs come in through they come a lot of them, not all of them, but a lot of them.
Speaker 4: Come from China. And that's why we did that ten. It's ten plus ten. Okay, was there confusion on that? There was? Okay, ten plus ten. It's a second ten.
Speaker 2: And I think you'll I think you're going to see eventually, you're going to see drug stopping because the country should not be allowing those drugs to come into.
Speaker 4: The United States of American. We're not going to allow it to happen.
Speaker 2: So that goes on on the fourth of March and then on the second of April.
Speaker 4: We have reciprocal tariffs.
Speaker 2: That's reciprocal where we charge countries what they're charging us, and nobody should have a problem with that.
Speaker 4: We have reciprocal and it's reciprocity.
Speaker 2: It's something that I think everybody I've spoken to said that's fair, and it is. If somebody charges us twenty five percent, we charge them twenty five. If somebody charges us ten or fifteen or thirty or seventy, we charge them an exact.
Speaker 4: Like him out. And it's pretty simple.
Speaker 2: But it's reciprocal tariffs because the United States has been taken advantage of by many, many different countries, including our friends, Friend and Voe, and in many cases our friends took bigger advantage of And when you talk about the EU, we're talking about the EU. The EU has been really very bad to us in terms of trade, and I'm a different kind of a president.
Speaker 4: I can't let that happen.
Speaker 2: Thanks you, what would you be willing to do?
Speaker 4: I mean, prison did not stick to the terms of any deal on Ukraine. Do you know why he did not stick to the terms of any deal on Ukraine? Because he's actual of not sticking to his word when it comes to international team. I think I'll keep his word.
Speaker 2: I think I think he's I've spoken to him, I've known him for a long time.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: You know, we had we had to go through the Russian hooks together. It was not a good thing. It's not fair. I was a rigged deal that had nothing to do with Russia. It was a rigged deal with then in the country, and they had to put up with them too.
Speaker 2: They put up with a wizard just as they important.
Speaker 4: And I think you will. I don't believe you're going to violate his word. I don't think he'll be back when we make it a big deal. I think the deal is going to hold. No, they're going to have more security. You're gonna have security, You're going to have more soldiers. I know France wants to be these the president has said he wants to have soldiers, and I don't think we're going to even be necessary.
Speaker 2: But I don't think there'll be any problem with keeping the deal with the security.
Speaker 8: You want to say something, I was just going to say, I mean, the deal, if we get it, is going to be hugely important. I don't think it would have happened if the space hadn't been created for it by yourself.
Speaker 4: But if there's a deal in we've got to make sure it's a deal that.
Speaker 8: Lasts, that is not temporary, that lasts, And that's why we need to make sure that it's secure. And we've lent in and said we'll play out part, and we've talked, and we will talk about.
Speaker 3: Have you ever voted any other president being praised by everybody who sits in the room, and they always look to make sure that he's giving that tight lip knot of approval when everybody praises him only because of your efforts, mister president, only because of your greatness, mister president, only because of it was almost a surprise that he said, we're being given a respect, an honor for the country, being invited by the King of England. Also, I'm not impressed by the bloodline of the King of England. The Germans have taken over Britain as the royal familyer weird situation and no, no, no, Queen Carmela Carmela Parker bowls right, Carmela Kamala, Carmela Kamala. No, that was the chicken that ran for president terribly here, tremendously hugely. You got to use those words. There you go, This is a white man using the word hugely. It's almost as good as me saying tremendously. But people never heard it like that before, So it's a new thing.
Speaker 4: They got to get aware of it.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 9: Yeah, how we work with yourself, mister president, to ensure that this deal is something which is not far later, because it's very important if there is a deal, we keep that.
Speaker 3: You ever seen world leaders press and every cabinet of Vidual has to keep turning to him, go yes, you're included. Of course, very interesting since he's been a billionaire now they all do that, not criticizing it, just saying it's very interesting.
Speaker 4: And I think I can say that will be the easy part.
Speaker 2: That's the part we look forward to, because putting security there, that's the part we all look forward to.
Speaker 4: That's easy. The difficult part is getting the deal made. So but I think we've come along with did you have something else?
Speaker 2: Have such a he's got such a nice face, he's smiling.
Speaker 4: Radio radio. The kids told them. Because you're both from different physical backgrounds, it's true. I think.
Speaker 2: I can say this because we've known each other now really for a little while.
Speaker 4: This is not our first meeting. As you know. Uh, he loves his.
Speaker 2: Country and so do I. That's our common our common theme. He loves his country and I love our country. And we also have two countries that have gotten along for the longest period of time number number one, ally on each side.
Speaker 4: And we have good France and Australia. We have a lot of good ones.
Speaker 2: But we've had a long time relationship, a long time, hundreds of years, and we like each other frankly, and we like each.
Speaker 4: Other's country and we love our country. And I think that's our common thread. They like me, I like them. You know, it's all good because we're all and that's how we get along. Under said with China, you went, I'm the independent. Well that's good.
Speaker 10: It's on tiff. He just says, he charged down. He charged down as a he charged China. But the tariffs are paid eventually by American importers and consumers know that.
Speaker 4: No, I think they're paid for it by the country. But you know, look, we can get into that.
Speaker 2: I had I put a lot of tariffs on in my first terran and we made tremendous amounts of progress because of those tariffs. U and China paid US hundreds of billions of Dallas villions.
Speaker 4: We never had a because they took advantage. And President she's a friend.
Speaker 2: Of mine, but he know he knows better than anybody took advantage of our country.
Speaker 4: He took advantage of presidents that didn't know what they were doing.
Speaker 3: And see now I'm starting to turn this down because you know, he's never been influenced and the Wini dogs are going to maze, but he's never been influenced by the cars. Carl Sagan, you know, model.
Speaker 4: Of billions and billions and billions and billions, like he used to say on TV.
Speaker 3: Anybody remember Carl Sagan, you know when people watched educational TV.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: Anyway, it is what it is, right, folks, it is what it is. We are all along for the ride. And after all, this is certainly Trump and his supporter's world. And let's just see how well they do with it in the very near future. Right anyway, send me those ideas, guest suggestions, volunteers, et cetera. I need it all at o'celli dot com. Click on the email icon and get to me any which way you can. I want to hear from you. Also would appreciate if you got a chance, if you can affort it, drop in something into the donation bucket PayPal dot com. There is a donate button on ocelli dot com or you can find it on my link tree, and that's the only way I'll be able to survive in the coming months, in the coming year. Thanks for listening. No matter who you are, where you are, when you are, remember I'm mere le o'celly, all of you.
Speaker 5: Show dot com And there you have it.
Speaker 3: We'll be live tomorrow night with the Friday Night call in Show. I think Aaron Franz has a pre recorded interview and some other plans for his two hours. Anyway, the fun begins at eight pm Eastern on ochelly dot com on Friday nights. Always does one way or another. Plus, we have a twenty four to seven stream onochelly dot com Radio. Check us out on your radio streams and hell I'll put that in the show notes this week too. So there's my breakdown of the news that's already broken and hopefully you're not. No matter who you are, where you are, when you are. Yes, indeed, I am merely O'Kelly, all of you are