Speaker 1: Check Podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Catch the show Monday through Fudday, ten am to noon on Check.
Speaker 1: I think you're gonna want to hear this.
Speaker 2: Your local sports coverage lives here.
Speaker 3: And the man wearing Dennis Curran's old number six makes it too nothing with Don Taylor, I was just gonna say underrated egg, deviled egg and Rick Dolly Wall.
Speaker 4: How are you gonna go on the coach at eight o'clock tonight, sits down and let's.
Speaker 2: Put it in hears Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 3: Ten o'clock at downtown Dan Cruver Roa the Paul Carson Studio.
Speaker 4: Thanks for tuning in, folks. It's Donnie and Dolly and.
Speaker 3: The team on Check. Don Taylor, along with Rick Dolley Wall. Ryan Henderson is our producer. He is the man at the controls our director. The voice of God is Derek Wan. How are you?
Speaker 4: How is your weekend? Tuk? Great weekend? Great weekend, A lot of yard work, getting sounds, exciting into that garden in the grass. Weed eater your hands dirty Han's dirty weed eater out yesterday. I love the weed eater.
Speaker 3: What does that take? Five minutes?
Speaker 4: I've done. You got to go right through the fence. Are you kidding me? Like the weed eater takes a long time, forty to forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good to hear. I think we all had a pretty good weekend. We had time off, a lot going on, Stanley Cup playoffs, Lion's camp is opened. The white Caps. You come back, you get another result, as they say in soccer yesterday, But you wanted to start off with the Abbotsford Canucks. Big news around here. They defeat Coachella Valley two nothing on Friday. They're off to the third round of the American Hockey League playoffs, the Pacific Division Final. Great news, and it starts Friday and Sunday, games one and two against the Colorado Eagles, the Colorado Avalanches farm team. Very impressed you were by what happened Friday near the end of the game. Again, they beat Michella Valley to nothing. They win that best of five in four, and the next series is best of five as well. But you really like what happened at the end of the game. We got this out Ryan video right.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh eighty two, Little Ricky. It just I was in tears. I was in tears watching this. This brought back memories and of course you and I had to fight, so Ryan could Ryan, what are you doing the volume? This video isn't good without the volume. Who who sings the song?
Speaker 3: Donny Sweat not sweat Steam Steam Steam is the name of the band. Yeah, And for people who don't know our younger eighty memories of our audience, this goes back to nineteen eighty two.
Speaker 4: And they had the white towels as well, which everybody does these days. So I see that and almost it brought me to tears. You know, little Rickey in eighty two went my favorite team, Donnie, the eighty two team, and you and I had to fight.
Speaker 3: Well, no, Ryan, the pit that Ryan's point was been there, done, that stopped. But that's not the case in Abbosford. And I like the fact that they're carrying on a Cannocks tradition. And I know what you're going to say, well, there's so many teams that use it now and the white towels, that's cliche. The thing is those two elements no no, no, hey hey hey by steam and the white towels started with the Vancouver Canucks. Thank you so it's carrying on a Cannucks tradition. It may be overused like throughout sports now, but it started here.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you think the the percentage of people in that building actually know that there is some kind of link to Vancouver.
Speaker 4: Well, if Dallasford it's it's it's the Break.
Speaker 1: That's just a song now that everyone plays. So nobody over fifty was at that game. No, no, but I'm saying the majority of people in attendance wouldn't know the LinkedIn. I don't think a ton of people Canuck fans. You think that's widely known about mont Connuck fans.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know why I think it might be.
Speaker 3: Well, okay, if it's not, it's inexcusable, I'll take a shot at people.
Speaker 4: Around your age. More than ever.
Speaker 3: You have access to all these lessons in history with the computer, okay, with the Twitter. You tell me that you can't find stories about the white towels in eighty two.
Speaker 1: Towbos are different, tows are different. We hear all the times different everybody. No, no, no, no, no. People know way more about the towels than they do about that story.
Speaker 4: It's history, it's history of the Caducks. You do not ignore history. That's why they have social studies and books and all this stuff. And the kids. Hey, the kids today are reading the same stuff we did in social studies for I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't remember being played in twenty eleven when they dispatch teams.
Speaker 4: I don't remember that either, but they should have. Yeah, well, I forget history, you don't.
Speaker 3: I can't believe that somebody like yourself wouldn't look that up.
Speaker 4: And go, oh that's interesting. Wow, I want to take part of I'm getting a towel.
Speaker 1: Again, the towel, I'm not. We're separating the two things. Towel. I think most people. Most people know the history the song, though, I don't think most people know it.
Speaker 4: And well, okay, you don't.
Speaker 1: Mean look it up, like but you think Canuck fans randomly gonna go, you know what, let's think about songs connected to the Canucky Why did they say?
Speaker 4: Why not? Why did they sing it that night? Right? Why did they sing?
Speaker 1: Because again it's linked to this morning events. Now that it is linked to what's cliche song?
Speaker 3: It started with the Vancouver Canucks and Nike from what I what I know, so this is important to this organization. Look it's something positive. There's not much out there, organization. Let's enjoy this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was a beautiful thing, little Rick, you're ripping it.
Speaker 4: I also to get aissue.
Speaker 1: It's a sports cliche song.
Speaker 4: We know what you're talking about. You gotta tell and you and you still this was beautiful. This was beautiful, Ryan, How can you look at this?
Speaker 1: Look because it's a cliche song this We are the champions, we're creating. You know what else I said, these people of the show. The other song that might be number one white stripes, White stripes and seven Nation Army. The other thing that's a cliche. It's not really a song, but it's a cliche now is Freddie Mercury's You know everyone does that now? Like but those.
Speaker 3: Two things don't have a connection.
Speaker 4: I get them, and I get that.
Speaker 1: I get that, but I get I don't know how many people in attendance in Averageford actually know they why did sing that? Because again it's a sports cliche.
Speaker 4: It's not you don't hear it, but we're going in circles here. You know why you don't hear it?
Speaker 1: Because there's no series wins in Vancouver for them to play it.
Speaker 3: That's what you're you're saying it's widespread, which I think it is, but from what I know it started.
Speaker 4: Yes, Donnie's bang on Donnie is one hundred percent right. So again we're going in circles here.
Speaker 1: Let's leave it at we're right in your sure.
Speaker 4: I can't believe you're but this excuse that you you know people you're it's old. Who care?
Speaker 3: I don't understand what it means. It's all there in front of you. It's on your phone.
Speaker 1: You look at if that of this song. I don't know if the history of the song is is widely available, like if I google Canucks and hey, you will hear it. I don't know if I could find an article with the history of that song the towel for Sarty.
Speaker 3: Two seconds, I'll find you definitely. And in fact, if look up the song on Wikipedia, I.
Speaker 1: Bet you it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, big part of eighty two.
Speaker 3: That song and the towels were a massive part of people in attmospherd. Keep doing it, it's fun, it's good, Keep doing it atmospher don't mind Ryan the young kid who does understand history.
Speaker 4: Any luck there, Ryan, what are you playing? Sweat? Are you playing this?
Speaker 5: Hut?
Speaker 4: Sweet?
Speaker 3: Okay? Uh, steam, steam steep, not sweat sweet. Is something completely different, archer selovs. Meanwhile, he got that shut out on Friday's got a couple of shutouts in this playoffs five and one, A one seven, four goals against average, nine three to five save percentage. I know it's not the NHL, but yet another positive story for the Canucks.
Speaker 4: Well and off to round three. We have not seen success from a Canucks farm team since Travis Green took Utica to the Calder Cup. Tony and this guy, Manny Mahultra. It is unbelievable. Don If I asked ten people on the weekend, who's getting the Canucks coach? Ten people automatically told me it's Manny. It's his word. His name is out there for Canucks' new coach, like it's I Just everywhere I go and I ask people who's the new Canucks coach? Everybody tells me we'll see you taking a poll?
Speaker 3: Are you well?
Speaker 4: No, you like to talk to people around the league, and what do you You don't talk to anybody? Oh, you talk to people in the phone? Okay? And Donnie, would you give it to him?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 3: I mean, he's put it this way. I think this success and many. Maholt was a popular player. I think he'll sell if you want to take it to the business level. I think he the Canucks can sell many. Maholtra coaching, head coaching, and experience at all. He goes back for a thousand NHL games. I love his story in that he was a high draft pick, first round draft pick York Rangers.
Speaker 4: It didn't work out there. He altered his game, you know, you know, there was.
Speaker 3: Some disappointment there and he resurrected himself face off specialist, defensive specialist. He can relate to a lot of the players down there what they're going through, and he had to, like Luke Shan, had to deal with some pretty big disappointment despite being a first round get humbled.
Speaker 4: This game umbles. They don't care for your first round.
Speaker 3: I've ever heard anything back. The other thing with him is that I think his success here This is just me, but I think his success here eliminates the other well two that I can think of American Hockey League candidates like Todd Nelson and Hershey who's been rumored coming to the time, Agel Chap and then Marco Stern with the Ontario Rain who were a disappointment in these playoffs, rumored or linked to Vancouver.
Speaker 4: I think, Manny, you can't.
Speaker 3: I don't think you can sell those two.
Speaker 4: Gentlemen, not when you're guys in the back exactly backyard, and I know what he's doing.
Speaker 3: I just think, you know, Manny Maholt looks like he's a he's a rising star in the coaching ranks, and if he doesn't get this job and he ends up going somewhere else in a few years, that's gonna that's gonna. Look. You take a chance with anybody, but I mean John Cooper was it was a successful American who who were I mean all sorry people in princevill Jared Bennard, Did you know Jered Bellero?
Speaker 4: He became Colorado's going that's why you have a farm team, so you could grow with the people.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, the difference being is this has just been one year as a head coach, so I understand they'd have some reservations.
Speaker 3: But it's it's looking pretty good for him right now. I'll tell you what's not looking good though, as we you often go down the negative road. Jonathan Lekermaki, Yeah, he's got had zero points, probably just played one assist, he's hit. He's played four playoff games. There was a healthy scratch for the oral surgery he didn't play only he's played four playoff games. He's got one assist, he's.
Speaker 4: Got one assist, and even before that he I think he's got one assist in his last nine game. Yes, going back to the Avisberg, when you are on an American Hockey League run like this, Donnie, you want some young kids to produce. Klemovic has been healthy, scratched. He had twenty five goals in the regular season. He's kind of disappeared. Lakara Macki is struggling. The veterans. Look at their top six point gutters done, Sammy Blaze. They're all veterans, all American Hockey League veterans, which is fine. It's a league of twenty six, twenty seven, twenty eight year old guys. But you want those young kids like Lakira Maki and Klamovic to produce in high tense playoff games right now, both those guys are struggling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Max Sassin in terms of the younger prospects five points in seven games, He's right up there. Art Bains. He hasn't got a goal yet. But for sis, when you talk to people who go to the games and you notice what's happening on social media, in my case Twitter, Victor Mancini is getting a lot of a lot of positivity out there.
Speaker 4: Well, can he make the step next year for the Canucks. He came over in the JT. Miller trade. Yeh. Can he make the step next year? Gone full time Canuck. That's going to be interesting.
Speaker 3: Just to assist in seven games. Of course, there's more to the game than an offense.
Speaker 1: Ryan, you had something well, so okay, So first of all, there's no mention of the Canucks and the no no, no, hey hey Wikipedia page.
Speaker 4: Okay, so there's that that's that's wrong.
Speaker 1: But there's apparently there was a record back in the day, the King Richard's Army King Richard, Yeah, aware of this. So the first side of the I believe I have it right. The first side of the record was that song A side yeah yeah, and then the B side was the King Richard bdu song.
Speaker 4: I can hear it in my head video to with hey hey and all the highlights.
Speaker 1: But we're getting a lot of people saying that apparently the first sports usage of that song was actually in Montreal.
Speaker 4: Uh no, he Hey, yeah I remember that. I don't remember.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying this is some anecdotes were getting our way.
Speaker 4: I think the Canucks made it famous.
Speaker 3: There was a sorry rick, but there was a song called spinning Wheel. Believe was blood, sweat and tears. So uh the first year the Caducks from the National Hockey League. Andrea Boudria, the late great Andre Boudreau was a great player here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, I know you don't want to hear this because I'm listening.
Speaker 3: Listen intently. You're gonna learn something here. Someone out there made a song called super Pest to the tune of spinning Wheel. Put that in your pipe and smoke it. That's the first Canucks song that I can remember. But hey, he played on the line with Rosier Payment and Paul.
Speaker 4: Pappeel and they were mentioned in the in this song.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't know if it's out there when it comes to Canucks, the interweather and nothing is as good as Knucks.
Speaker 3: We love you. Well, that's number one. That was like seventy four to seventy five, I think was it. Yeah, I'm gonna go with that. When they first started to get kind of good. Made the playoffs for the first time.
Speaker 4: It happens for keep doing that. No not hey, hey, goodbye. Don't listen to Ryan.
Speaker 1: Ryan just hates anything in the seventieses. Yes, you know, nobody text me, he says, I have no idea what these old guys are talking about when it comes to okay, this.
Speaker 4: Guy, he's the same agent twenty five.
Speaker 1: Everyone knows the Tawbel history, the song history.
Speaker 3: I don't think why were they singing if you say nobody knows it, but they were all singing it because again.
Speaker 1: It's a sports cliche.
Speaker 4: It everywhere, they play it everywhere.
Speaker 1: Not you know, Taylor likes to say he rolls up to some park and there's a song playing, it's probably that song. What will you say? You can watch sporting events anywhere, right, amateur whatever. That's one of the cliches sports songs that's on there. Jock Jams is on there and I haven't heard non I hey hey.
Speaker 4: In a long time. Again. I heard it that week because that was in tears.
Speaker 1: It's because the tea, the teams in Vancouver haven't had a chance to.
Speaker 4: Play Oh no, no, no, no no. That song identifies with the eighty two Canucks Stanley Cup run with the towels.
Speaker 3: And you know the only thing that could possibly could possibly be better than that is if the Knucks start playing Patrick Hernandez during their next playoff run whenever, whenever, you know what.
Speaker 1: Those seriously, they should play Canucks we Love You? Like how it's like the Chicago Yes, yes, that song even it's.
Speaker 3: Incredible, but here come the hall. It would be like something that nobody else has done. So let's not do it only copy things?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well no, no. The only chance they'll play Canucks we Love You if something there's if there's a techno remix of it, then they'll play it.
Speaker 4: Then the DJ will play it. That's your generation's unbelievable, unbelievable here you would not recognize that and give it the respect it deserves.
Speaker 1: DT.
Speaker 3: You know what, your buddy there that he's not the only one these old guys.
Speaker 1: There's also people saying it's linked to the Chicago White Sox.
Speaker 4: He hate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is this.
Speaker 3: Is okay whatever you know, you've got nineteen seventy seven things sound about about the Canucks. For people in Vancouver, in BC and conduct nation, that song is associated with a great moment in Cannucks history. Thank you, nineteen eighty two. It is my trail, Canadians Chicago whatever. That song was there front and center nineteen eighty two, along with Buttz durow the Dog's here a t shirt company that came up with the white towels.
Speaker 4: That's it, well, Roger Nilson of course. Yeah, a glorious spring and you're just poo pooing on it?
Speaker 3: Can you do that somewhere else? Please? DTMZ Is it just me coming up in the eleven o'clock hour? Elliott Friedman is going to join It's just after eleven o'clock. I just can't I just can't get enough of these playoffs. The Stanley Couple place every night, it's just like beautiful. Sorry, I can't do that, honey, I got I shrunk the kids, Honey, I shrunk the kids. The movie As We Go Off left her, No, I'm talking about watching the playoffs. Must watch television, Big Ride, the quitter guy also must watch television later this hour and up next, voice of the We'll see what he thinks of Steam, the voice of the Abbotsford Canucks becoming a regular Brandon asshole. Thanks so much for tuning in folks, you had a great weekend and a belated Happy Mother's Day to all the mother.
Speaker 4: Very important mothers out there. All mothers are very important. Brand It's next Donnie and Dolly the team. You might check Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 6: The team is supported by able Auctions dot Ca. Closing your business we can help.
Speaker 3: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business assets.
Speaker 4: Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 3: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold. Please email sales at able auctions dot ca. That's sales at a b l E Auctions dot ca.
Speaker 4: The Bayside Resort is a booutique luxury resort like no other. Nestled on the bluff above beautiful Parksville Beach, this beautiful ocean front property prides themselves on offering a uncompromising fusion of West Coast authenticity and bespoke luxury. Their guests have come to expect a truly personal experience where all senses are indulged. The setting is gorgeous. The memories last a lifetime. Whether you're looking for a panoramic ocean view or an on site fitness center, indoor outdoor pool, ocean front restaurant and lounge, high speed internet access, or the perfect place for your next corporate event. The Bayside ocean Front Resort the perfect choice any time of the year. It's called two five zero, two four eight eight, triple three and book your state today. We have to fire up steam, okay for Brandon, you don't mind, guys.
Speaker 3: All of our guests today, including Brandon Astell, standing by voice of the Abbtsford Canucks sponsored by Bison Motors. It's May Days at Bisson and they want to make sure you love your ride. She's a sweet ride. Check them out at Bysonmotors dot com, bas an t Motors dot.
Speaker 4: Com and find a ride you will love.
Speaker 3: As we talked about in the first segment, the Abbitsford Cannucks have advanced to the Pacific Division Final of the Calder Cup Playoffs. That's Round three, Games one and two versus Colorado the Eagles Friday and Sunday at the Abbotsford Center. Then they moved to Loveland, Colorado for games three and if necessary four and five. Brandon Astell, voice of the Abbotsford Canucks. It joins us now has been on for a couple of days, so we thought we'd get it back.
Speaker 4: Brandon. Thanks for doing this again, sir.
Speaker 3: How are you You know what, Donnie?
Speaker 5: A big reason why I love joining you guys, is you two make me feel so young like you have to be the only sports show in the history of sports shows out a program talking about the Nana Hey Hey song for the first fifteen minutes. Right now in the world of sports, we got the Abbey Canucks doing well. We're witnessing one of the most entertaining Stanley Cup playoffs of all time, the comebacks, the last second goals, it's all been on display, and you two are going out about a song from nineteen eighty two, and quite frankly, I love it. And that's why you two are the best there.
Speaker 3: You go see our policies to do things that are different. And let me tell you this, that first segment, I think you're right. Nobody else would dare talk for fifteen minutes about steam. What do you think you have a problem with that song being played out on nineteen eighty two at the Abbtsford Center.
Speaker 7: No, not at all.
Speaker 5: I didn't even know the history of that with the franchise always stated about the towel power in nineteen eighty two, and still got chills when you see the towels waving around from the fans, whether you're at Rodgers Arena or Abbotsford Center. Yeah, like the fans were going nuts. I could barely hear myself talk when that song.
Speaker 4: Was going on.
Speaker 5: And hopefully we get a lot more of it here coming up with the next few games here on Friday and Sunday.
Speaker 3: Was it being played in the arena or did the fans just do it organically themselves.
Speaker 5: I think it was just being played in the arena and the fans obviously got into it. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's what happened in that case.
Speaker 3: Okay, Brandon, here's the question everybody wants to know. It has nothing to do with steam or white towels, but to how much of Abbotsford's success has to do with the coaching of many Maholdra.
Speaker 5: I would say a lot of it. I mean, he made some big moves in that last round against Coachella and the biggest move he made was putting blay Kara and Nate Smith together and they did that when they were down three to nothing in Game two in Palm Springs, and that line took over the rest of the series. The combined for thirteen points and really had the Firebirds on their heels. So Manny's just done a tremendous job, as we all know, since day one taking it the position with the Abbotsford Canucks.
Speaker 3: And this is a guy that you.
Speaker 5: Mentioned it, Donnie Like, he's been in these players situation, a high draft pick, an early first rounder that had to cut his teeth in the AHL eventually won a Calder Cups. So he's been at the top of the mountain in this league and knows the struggles in the day to day of what these players are going through, and he just everything he touches seems to turn out well. He's got such a great pulse of the team. He's someone that builds the players up and doesn't tear them down and really takes a lot of pride in their development. Obviously, winning games is important, but at the end of the day, his job as the head coach of the Abbtsford Canucks is to develop these players to get to the next level and succeed to Vancouver, not just get there, but be impact players. And we saw that on display a bunch during this regular season where so many players got called up. Sixteen different players skated with Abbotsford and Vancouver this year, which is a huge number, which should the AHL club losing all those players, but instead they wanted to have a great regular season and made some franchise history and that success Donnie has carried over in the playoffs. Like this team has played twenty five games since March eighth, they've lost just four times. Obviously to the task will get tougher here playing against one of the best teams in the league in Colorado, but they're playing with a lot of momentum right now.
Speaker 4: Hey, no team can go far in the playoffs without goaltending archer Sea Lobs. Brandon's been great. I know he got pulled in the one game in Coachella on the road, but talk about his play and the importance of Sea Lobs in these playoffs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's been spectacular Lark and especially at home lately, like over his last three starts at Abitt Start Center, he's allowed just one goal total and has a shutout in two of those which are closed out games. So he's coming up big in high presser situations. And you look at what he did last year around this time when he allowed just two goals combined in games five and six against the National preditor. He's looking like that type of goaltender right now for the Abbotsford Knucks. He just looks so confident and over the last two games, just looking back, the team didn't get off to great starts. It took him a while to get their first shot on net in both games three and four, while she lost at the other end, faced quite a bit of rubber and the Firebirds were kind of pushing yet on the board first, but he did a great job of keeping it scoreless, which eventually led to abbots Ford getting on the board first in both games three and four. He leads the playoffs and wins among goaltenders. He's got five. He leads the playoffs and shutouts. He's near the top of the league goals against say percentage, and he's just providing that elite goaltending that teams need in order to go far in the playoffs. And if he keeps playing the way he is, the Knucks are going to be a tough, tough out. I'll tell you that for free.
Speaker 4: Okay, So the veterans we know in the American League, they're so important and right now a lot of Vets Sammy Blaze leading the way. But what about the kids. You always want young kids in playoffs to do well. Where's Lakara Makis game at right now? Brandon?
Speaker 5: Yeah, honestly, it's been pretty good coming back from his difficulties with the oral surgery. He's got the full face shield off and now he's back on the top line, playing with Baines and Sassin on the top power plead it as well playing the point and obviously trying to jump onto a moving train in the high pressure situation that called the Cup playoffs is tough for anyone, let alone a twenty year old. I really liked his Game three, his first game back. He was great defensively, made some big plays in his own end to clear the zone. And as we all know, in playoff time, time and space has taken away pretty quickly and he's had to adapt to that. Picked up an assist in his return as well, and I think as as the playoffs go on, and now he's got more practice time here six days between games here before we get going against Colorado. I think he's only going to get better and better. And he's someone ricked that his feasted on the Colorado Eagles this year. In the four games that he played against him, he had eight points, so he likes seeing that Eagles logo on the other side, and this kid had such a successful regular season. Sure he's ballotd some adversity these last few weeks, which is par for the course for a young prospect trying to make his way through his first American Hockey League season. And at the end of the day, boys, he is a game breaker and can turn things quickly with just one snap of the wrist. And I'm hopeful that he can start looking like his old self coming up on Friday in game one.
Speaker 3: Sammy Blaze is an old school kind of hockey player, and he's leading aviats for in playoff points. He's played a full season down in the minors, but his NHL resume is fairly impressive with the Stanley Cup in Saint Louis in twenty nineteen. Does he have a future back in the NHL Brandon, because I think he's a guy that knuxekuld use, you'd bring the building alive.
Speaker 5: I'm very hopeful Rick, and I asked that same question to Manny Malhotra for the first time all year. I said, like from Sammy's body of work.
Speaker 4: Hey, Brandon, just so you know, it is Don that asked the question.
Speaker 3: You're getting the two of us mixed up. That's hard to do.
Speaker 4: That's really hard to do.
Speaker 5: That was a test in you pass. But yeah. I asked Manny that same question before Game four on Friday. If Sammy has done enough to get back to the NHL, and he's really enjoyed coaching Sammy and thinks that he's done the right things to put himself in a position to earn an NHL contract, and this is a guy that cooking HL deal. I don't know what type of other offers he got in the offseason. Maybe there are some lucrative ones going over to Europe and kind of finishing his career there, but his main goal has to get back to the NHL, and he hasn't cut any corners. He's been a supportive veterans since day one, missed two months of action early on in the year from October to December. He had a pretty bad injury and came back and has just been one of their best players. He nearly led the team in scoring in the regular season even after missing all that time, and he mentioned it he leads the call their Cup playoffs in scoring at eight points. But just aside from that, it's the physical presence that he brings, Like anytime there's a chance to lay the body, he's do it. And you said it like it gets the crowd going. He just loves to play aggressive. He stands up for his teammates. He's chirping after whistle like he's that veteran guy that every team needs and is really dragging the team into the fight. And like I said, his line with Kara and Nate Smith really turned the tide of the last series. Those are three veteran guys that the young prospects of the Vancouver Canucks can can learn a lot from. And I just can't say good enough things about Sammy. And you look at his age. He's twenty eight years old. He's not young, he's not old, but I still think he's still got a lot more gas in that tank and hopefully can get a look in the National Hockey League, and obviously I prefer to be Vancouver as well.
Speaker 3: Always ask you this, where can people catch your play by play?
Speaker 4: Brandon?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so Sports at six fifty has picked up the playoff games, so you can catch us there on the radio. If you want to watch it online through Flow Hockey and HLTV, you can do that as well. So there's many different options as well. But if you want to catch a game, I highly recommend it. Abby Kanucks dot com slash tickets. When you guys saw the crowd we had on Friday was nearly a sellout, over sixty five hundred people. And if you haven't been out to a game yet, you are missing out. It's such a great atmosphere. You'll get your own towel. Maybe they'll play Nana, Nana, Hey, hey, if the things are going well. Maybe it's a little too early to do it in games one and two, but either way, it's just such a great environment. And I know this team has really fed off the crowd's energy throughout this playoffs, so hopefully we get a good amount of bodies out for games one and two again.
Speaker 3: All right, read up on your old time rock and roll Brandon. We'll get you back soon. Thanks for this, my friend, I got some homework.
Speaker 4: Always a plea A pleasure boy.
Speaker 3: Seelid Brandon Astel voice of the Abbotsford Canucks again Games one and two versus the Colorado Eagles, best of five Friday and Sunday at the Abbotsford Center, Colorado Eagles.
Speaker 4: Their captain is Bridge Meadows. No, he's from Ridge Mendows.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, sorry, I'm putting on the spot here. It's Willy Diesel favorite player, Jason mgne.
Speaker 4: Oh magnaw, yeah yeah yeah, hanging around any where? Was I thinking of the defenseman?
Speaker 3: Uh, let's hit the brake and we'll discuss it. Then I'll get the name, reveal it afterwards. Okay, a break pull question. We'll introduce it. We've been working hard on it. That's next, Donion Dolly, the team I Check.
Speaker 4: Our podcast is brought to you in part by birds Nest Properties, lower Mainlands leader in rental property management. From finding a tenant to collecting rents and property maintenance. Birds Nest Properties delivers five star property management services with the reviews to prove it. Birds Nest Properties your Vancouver property managers who take care of everything so you don't have to own a rental property. Give the folks at birds Nest Property as a call today six oh four two six to zero, double nine, double five, or visit Birdsnest Properties dot ca. No, stop it.
Speaker 3: Remember this. This is Connects with the connect song. Yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 4: Those maybe the softest song I've ever heard. It's too slow. No, no, hey, hey, it's not slow. Remember this very well. This is little Donnie like you're telling.
Speaker 3: Me they ever got the chorus?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Sorry, yes we are.
Speaker 1: Oh they played this at Rogers Arena. It would perk everyone up. What the hell.
Speaker 3: Compared to the Blackhawks song wild School song? So what year we talking about this?
Speaker 1: This is I have it as seventy four, seventy yeah, yeah, because that's daughters that era.
Speaker 3: First year they made the playoffs, first season they made the playoffs. Oh this is the Hawks.
Speaker 4: Oh the video too, this is this is.
Speaker 1: This blows away what we deserved.
Speaker 3: Oh they play it though, yeah, or they did anyway, this is so this is red velvet.
Speaker 1: Why are you playing the black Rocks and everyone in this everybody martiniz is so good. It is the most famous team song, though it was the Bears the eighty five Bears.
Speaker 3: What was their song the super Bowl Shuffle? But they did that, they did that themselves.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, William the Refrigerator, Perry look man, all those guys. Yeah, yeah, that was good. That was good stuff. Yeah, seven nights.
Speaker 1: You know, Roy lines, Roy lines, roar against it's classed.
Speaker 3: Off Rory Lions Ror is good.
Speaker 4: No, it's better than that Canuck song on Lions got the best song? What about white is the Color?
Speaker 3: Which was a rip off, by the way, yeah from I can't remember the white Caps.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, but they you know what, the players did that themselves in a studio. This is you, This is football, This is good, This is football.
Speaker 3: Rick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it takes me back to Anastukas white Caps White is the Color. They would play it before you entered Empire States were listening to This is good too.
Speaker 3: White Think they still play this once in a while, Yes, just the instrumental version.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I don't know if they do, because I I had heard that the Lions are trying to turn the page a little bit.
Speaker 4: Well, oh so good, so good. This is good, cranking.
Speaker 1: Cheesy. This should have been our poole question today. Best Vancouver sports song.
Speaker 3: And with your mind age you remember the Bee Theaters band coming out.
Speaker 4: Half Alley's section. Yeah, it was good. Chip seats, yeah, Chip seats. Oh yes, take me back now.
Speaker 1: The video that's running with this song. This must be I guess Empires. It's it's well where else would it be?
Speaker 4: There? You got it, Derek, can you put this up?
Speaker 3: You're gonna get to that pull question soon.
Speaker 4: Oh? Oh, that the good old days. Oh this this was football in Vancouver. Empire is really good. Highlight here right? Are you gonna make fun again of everything in the eighties?
Speaker 3: They were in their whites there, so I'm not sure it would be. Oh isn't that beautiful? Well it's a great cup game? Yeah, Taylor Company except Pete Owler.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm sorry. Is that Louis Sague Willie Fleming number fifteen?
Speaker 5: There?
Speaker 4: Willy Fleming right there? One of the all time greats show?
Speaker 3: Okay, Wadling Dog pole question. As we move on, visit one of Victoria's favorite pubs, The Dog, where you can enjoy twenty caps and twenty screens. You're home for the Canucks in UFC. Come sit and stay at the Dog today.
Speaker 4: Rick, all right, Ryan, you got her up? The Wattling Dog pup pole question. Which member of the Atmospray Cannucks says the brightest future?
Speaker 1: Keep going, keep going it?
Speaker 4: What is this? White is the color?
Speaker 1: You just heard it.
Speaker 4: Right? I can't concentrate. I can't do it. I can't do it. You know I can't do two things. The one says everyone knows Ryan, cut it off, cut it up? Can you can you do the pole question? White is the color? Is good?
Speaker 1: Can you use your white? I'll find that. And they started that at number five. I gotta look it up. Which member of the.
Speaker 3: Actually we talk about the actual modern day white Cabs instead of playing their song in the seventies.
Speaker 4: They started that, and Leonard told me a number at number five. They all got together and they.
Speaker 3: Then they went to the studios.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's amazing. Where you motivation ideas come from? Number five? Which member the Atmosphere Canuck says the brightest Future? Oh yeah, this is good. I thought. I'm not doing it. I'm not saying my son, I know, I'm trying to throw them off. I'm not doing it. I'm not gonna read it. I can't concentrate. Which member of the Abstract Canucks says the brightest Future? In the Vancouver organization. Look at this the Karamaki, sea Laws, Mahultra or other and leading the way is LAKARAMKIW five hundred and ninety nine votes already. Well, he does have a bright future, but he's got one point done. He's got one point in his last nine games in Abersburg, going back to the regular season. He got sent back after that Saturday afternoon game against the Ducks and he hasn't been the same since then. Many Maholtra is next at forty. Now the oral surgery was that was there an incident? I said, I don't understand the term oral surgery, I know in an operation in the in the mouth area. Why not just say abscessed tooth dentist like I don't get oral surgery. I I don't get that. Just say he went to the dentist dst work Ryan. Do you have his when he covered his face? No, the Karamaki, the mask, we we can envision it. Okay.
Speaker 3: Anyways, the Karamaki's got to get going. You want did he lose a tooth or something or we don't know. It could be a root canal down, it could have been surgery on. Uh, we've all had.
Speaker 4: The oral area, but they should have been more specific oral surgery.
Speaker 3: Get the idea doesn't make sense. Painful enough for him to miss a few games. But then there was a talk about him having a healthy scratch or two.
Speaker 4: There was some healthy scratches in there. Absolutely there were in the oral area.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, So anyways, Uh, he's got to get going the karamakie. Let's go pick it up.
Speaker 1: I can't believe. I don't understand the term. How do you not understand the try not?
Speaker 4: Okay, So when you go to the dentist, do they say it come in for oral surgery?
Speaker 1: Okay, last summer I had gum graf surgery. Why not say he had gum grap surgery? What if he?
Speaker 4: I don't know, okay, but that's what I mean. I've never heard of a hockey player out with oral surgery before. I think I have. I haven't take a puck in the mouth.
Speaker 3: Of course. Keith Magdison back in the day, I remember him. I'm been blinking a shot with his face, the late Keith macis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I remember his cargo Blackhawks got great defenseman for the bock. He probably heard that song every once in a while. Exactly.
Speaker 3: But anyways, Okay, by the way, I thought Malholper would win that poll if you can see the results again, if you don't mind, Guys, Derek, I thought he would run this, win this running away, or run this winning away. But no, l Caramac He's still a lot of belief despite their recent numbers and the oral surgery.
Speaker 4: Yes, absolutely, if we can get him back on par here, it'd be great. Okay, May thirteenth.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile, some business before Big rye Abel Actions will sell the contents of a closed Precision That's tomorrow closed Precision machine shop and a closed custom cabinet shop at the machine shop for y CM precision vertical machining centers, two CNC turning lays and more at the cabinet shop twenty twenty two model CNC edgebenders, nesting machine, side drilling machine and more. For info on these two business closure auctions in one day, go to Ableauctions dot ca A to get your business assets sold. Email sales at Ableauctions dot ca A, Sales at a b l E Auctions dot c A Elliott's at the top of the hour.
Speaker 4: Up next Big Ride, Donnie Dolly the team on check.
Speaker 3: Hey everyone, it's Donnie and Dolly and we're looking to partner with your company.
Speaker 4: We have several packages and price points to fit your budget and spread the word about your company on the show, in our podcast and on social media.
Speaker 3: We'd love to get involved with your company. Called two five oh eight eight oh twenty two eighty two or email advertise at checkmedia dot ca. We have a lot of submissions and the Delaney is okay to Aaron Langley and Aldergrove inbox yes regarding the different types of oral surgery and a lot of people as well. Ryan making the point that the scenario in twenty eleven didn't lend itself to the playing of that steam song Postman fran Big Ryan twenty eleven Round one and rounds one and three were clinched in overtime. Round two versus Nashville was one on the road. Not typical conditions for seeing no Nana, Hey, hey, goodbye.
Speaker 4: Right. It's a good point. Yeah, that does make sense.
Speaker 1: That doesn't make sense, Big Ry Big on the Twitter Guy is brought to you by Birds and Nest Properties, your Vancouver property managers to take care of everything so you don't have to own a rental property. Give the folks that Birdsess Properties at call today six oh four to two six zero ninety nine fifty five or visit birds Nest Properties.
Speaker 4: Dot CA.
Speaker 1: Okay, first of all, from the weekend, from yesterday specifically, I don't know if you guys saw what happened, so Jets Stars yesterday right game three, the controversial a loud goal of the kicked the kicked pack and then.
Speaker 3: But it was ruled propelled into the net right.
Speaker 1: Which Marty Buran had some things to say about that, he completely disagreed with it. But anyway, so that put the Stars up in the game. Mico Ranton it scored again right like literally right after and basically sealed the game. So some shade was thrown by Nazam Cadri on Twitter. Did you guys see this? He tweeted out rule number one he always keep the dogs hashtag ninety six. Mico rent In is number, of course ninety six. So throwing a little shade Colorado's name. And I'm seeing more and more people starting to talk about, how, you know, why is it Colorad getting more heat for letting Miko Ranton and go and how quickly they made that decision. And remember we heard all that stuff right after the trade, guys that ranton and had said something to the effect of, we had no talks with Colorado.
Speaker 4: We didn't even know the number.
Speaker 1: Thought yes that as well, the usual things, you're gonna play my whole career out, all that sort of thing. Now Colorado, I mean they get met just back. So I mean that's a nice piece and everything. But for perspective here, this is ranton In's last six games guys. Nine goals, seventeen points, two game winning hat or two game winning goals sorry, and two hat tricks as well. Two game winning hat tricks would be something. But it's what he is doing for the Stars, like you talk about a clutch performer, and then he gets the trade, he gets the long term extension and all of that. The fact he's settled in this quickly is actually quite impressive because I think a lot of people would have expected, you know, the double trade in season, Like a lot it's a lot of shake up in your world and maybe you need some a full off season to get settled and then you come back. But what he's done for the Stars, it's incredible. The way he has stepped up and nas Cadrick calling out the Avalanche for not keeping him around in Colorado.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on top of the numbers, I don't think he much like Barkoff, just does not lose a board battle.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: Oh, he's just tough and he's so.
Speaker 3: Big, so big and tough and smart.
Speaker 4: Well, that's a move Colorado is, definitely, But they did get a good player in return, you know, just like the Ryan nes is a really good player. But he's not ranting it. Of course, we know that they didn't want to lose him Ryan. Does anybody ever want to lose a guy like that? No, but they came down to finances. Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: I kind of admired at the time the courage to make that move, like, you know, instead of.
Speaker 4: Like they looked ahead early. Yes, so I admired that.
Speaker 3: The other thing, too, is with Carolina, did they not do their due diligence and like, this guy doesn't want to be here.
Speaker 4: Well, that's two years in a row. Gonzel he did, gonzl Gentzel left, they did him rented, he left.
Speaker 3: Well, they need goal scorers there, so I understand it from that point of view. So that wasn't their plan. They didn't want to keep him short. They will keep him.
Speaker 1: Lunn and to their credit though Rick, this time around, they didn't get burned right this time around. They traded for him, tried to sign him. As soon as they heard that wasn't gonna happen. They did their best to move and look at they got Logan stan Covi, very good young player for the Hurricane. Absolutely, but but I mean again, you got something you didn't just and that's where to bring it closer to home. You know, you talk about Donnie getting ahead of it. In Colorado, they decided it isn't gonna work out numbers whatever, you move on, and I'm not gonna compare Brockbesser.
Speaker 4: Tamiko ran the second.
Speaker 3: But looking ahead, you're not gonna get anything right right, And on top of it all here it was very obvious that this organization was not high on the player in Brockbester.
Speaker 1: Colorado never said that. Colorado said they were high on the player, but they couldn't make it. They did make an offer to him. Whether you say he's eaving or not, it's a long shot to get but Rick shot.
Speaker 3: The frustrating part for Canuck fans. So there's a lot there, but in this case it's it seems like yesterday there was the situation it was with ham Hughes and other they they got nothing for these guys. Right, there's the door off, but they weren't gonna you know, they were the team that did well on the play Those guys helped them in the playoffs. They're a playoff bound. But in the past they're going nowhere, they're not training these players, and they get nothing for them, and then it just seems like yesterday, then it happens again this year. That's frustrating. I know it's a different regime, but it's frustrating for fans.
Speaker 1: It's also frustrating because again the only vibes I've gotten from this regime is that brock Besser isn't their guy. And again that's fine for whatever reason, foot speed, case numbers, whatever. That's exactly like, I don't understand the point then of of just.
Speaker 4: You know, on very deadline they thought they needed him to make the play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but rike odds at the deadline they were under fat Ben like you have to throw the flag in the ground and go, look at we it's better to trade this player and get something back, then roll the dice and miss the playoffs and have this exact scenario playing out like it's about to over the next couple of months.
Speaker 3: You know, you say that with you know what they were worried about making the playoffs, and what would they do in the playoffs if they didn't have the best Besser, if they if if they made look at Colorado exactly, if you know, I don't know if you can get to get this guy back.
Speaker 4: We got to just come.
Speaker 3: To agreeable terms. Yeah, let's let's move Oneah. Yeah, they got a good player back, and I'm getting ripped for it. I get that, but I do admire the yes what's on them quickly. Bester for me is a long shot. They had all year to do sign him and the deadline p as suitor is a guy. I think the Canucks before July first took a shot at him, one more shot at him to see if they can do something.
Speaker 1: Yeah the best. I would just be completely stunned at this point with how much waters I didn't rig, you know, him talking to IMAX.
Speaker 4: Saying what you felt disrespect for that time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I just don't I don't know unless the July first market's completely cold on him and he doesn't get what he wants, Well, they did.
Speaker 3: Jim Rutherford has said, I believe this. Jabrothford has said conduct management has said that he's welcome back if things don't work out. In other words, if he wants to come back at a much lower price.
Speaker 1: Yeah, expected, yeah, yeah, Well, if.
Speaker 4: The Canucks don't get a top six winger through a trade mark my words, they might go back to him. At the last second, they might go back.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I could see that, but it would just be so awkward. But I guess we've seen it happen before. Coming up next, our good pal from Hockey Edding Canada, World's busiest man at the moment, Eddie Friedman. He'll talk to you guys next to Stanyan Doll, the team on check.
Speaker 3: Love the crack of a baseball bat or the smell of hot dogs? The Vancouver Canadians have you covered.
Speaker 4: I'm enjoying a Vancouver summer tradition with three foot hot dogs, sushi races, fireworks, and Blue Jay prospects, all at the Rogers Field and not Bailey Stadium.
Speaker 3: Visit Canadians Baseball dot com to get your tickets. In details on all the summer fun the seas have to offer. That's Canadians Baseball dot com. Come for the fun and stay for the baseball. It is Monday, and all of our guests today, including Elliott Friedman, brought to you by our friends at Bassont Motors.
Speaker 4: It's May Days at Bassant and they want to make sure you love your ride.
Speaker 3: Check them out at Bassan Motors bas Ant Motors dot com and find a ride you'll love. We're just trying to get a hold of Elliott Friedman, needs to say, a very busy man in these days and all the work he does with long hours with hockey night in Canada. By the way, the player you were thinking of Ridge Metals Hockey playing with Colorado Brad Hunt Brad. Although I believe he's with the Hershey Bears now, but when he left Vancouver he went to CA. Yeah and uh, but now with Hershey. There's mixed messages on the interweb, but as far as we can tell it with the Hershey Bears.
Speaker 4: All right, that's how are we doing with Elliott? No? No, much so far?
Speaker 3: Okay, one thing we didn't mention as we wait on, Elliott needs to say, like I said, a busy man, Max DOMI it didn't get suspended five fined five grand today by the National Hockey League for boarding Alexander Barkoff at the end of Game four between the Leafs and and Panthers. He got a five minute major, and I was surprised this wasn't a bigger deal. Not much was made of this, and during the broadcast and even even afterwards, I could just imagine what the response would have been had it been in some way the other way around, with a with a leaf star. And I know that Mitch Marner took an elbow to the head Kulakoff from from Kola Koff earlier. There was no call on that play. That doesn't excuse what happened here. This could have been just so dangerous and that's against the star player. And like I said, just from behind what wasn't There wasn't much And you can be anti Toronto all you want, but I was just shocked there wasn't anything said about this.
Speaker 4: We got it, okay.
Speaker 3: Elliott Friedman joins us now from Hockey in Canada thirty two Thoughts podcast. Elliott, Thanks, so what you're doing this, sir?
Speaker 4: How are you.
Speaker 3: We got him?
Speaker 4: Can you hear us?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 7: You know what sorry. I just got to note that my my internet connection is unstable like the rest of me. So we'll see how this goes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we get those all the time. Yeah, blame me by the way that it seems like you're sporting a different haircut these days. Elliott looking good.
Speaker 7: I just have no product. I just have no product right now.
Speaker 3: Joe looking good as always?
Speaker 7: Paste?
Speaker 3: I use paste, guy, what hair I have? I used gelling it? Hey, Vega, Vegas had Evanton tonight. Does it matter how Vegas got its winning goal Saturday? To the owners? That was so bizarre, you.
Speaker 7: Know, I honestly believed on that in the playoffs. I remember the first playoffs I covered for hockey in Canada was three to four and Tortorella was coaching in Tampa, and he said that if you're a good team, momentum shouldn't carry over from game to game, whether the momentum is for you or it's against you. Then the next games it's it's not total goals, it's first to four and whatever happens in the last game, if you're a good team, you should be able to overcome it. And I always believe that. I think Edmonton's a good team. You know, they kind of coughed up a hairball. They were up to nothing, and they didn't stomp on them or didn't put them away, and Vegas, to their credit, came back and won it. But if you're a good team and the Oilers are, you should shrug that off and learn your lessons and say, we weren't expecting the sweet Vegas anyways. So let's see, let's let's start all over again tonight.
Speaker 3: See. I think pro athletes are tougher mentally than I would, because I'd be thinking about that for a year, I'd be in the shambles in the series would be launched. What's the word on Stewart's Skinner's performance in Game three twenty saves and what happens going forward with the goaltending.
Speaker 7: Well Pickard Obviously he's not ready tonight. It might still take a few days. They have to be prepared. Skinner has to win games for them. I thought he battled in Game three, but he was leaky like a couple of at least one.
Speaker 4: Of them went through him.
Speaker 7: I after hearing what he had to say about the winner, I understood what he was trying to do. I think he had a good process there, and to be honest, if dry Cidle doesn't get unlucky, that puck goes right through the crease and we're in overtime. So I didn't have as big a problem with Skinner on that goal. I understood his process, but another one went through him and you know, he battled, but he's got to win like at this time of the year. Like the other thing too is like honestly, Donnie came to Pickard. Was Pickard pavrik War or prime Domini Kashchick? No, he wasn't. But he was one goal better than the other guy. And that's all you have to be. And that's all Skinner needs to be. Doesn't have to be all world Domini Kashick, but he has to be one goal better than the other guy. And he's got to win games for them. He hasn't done it yet, He's own three. He's got to win games for them.
Speaker 4: Ellie had no shortage of teams looking for head coaches, including Vancouver. What are you hearing on the Vancouver job? Are you hearing Mandy Maholter's name quite a bit Elliott out here? But what are you hearing?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 7: Well, Ricky, I know you've been working hard out there. I believe they did a whole bunch of interviews last week. Malholter's name obviously is there. Marco Sturm's name got out, and I think that's pretty legitimate. I believe that this week the Canucks are going to try to drop to a short list of three or four candidates. I would think that Stern would be on that list. I would think that Malhotra would be on that list, and then probably one or two more so. But that's why I understand the Canucks are in the process of doing. They did their larger group last week, and they're going to narrow it down to three or four this week and prepared to do those interviews.
Speaker 4: Rick TALKT where do you see Elliott? Where do you see him ending up?
Speaker 7: You know, I think that's a I don't have a great feel for that right now. Rick, like like, I'll tell you, you know, I think he was on Anaheim's radar, but I don't think that really went far. I think Quennville was always their number one guy. If their background check worked, it was going to be Quinville. I you know, Seattle I think was very interested. I'm just not convinced that that's what where Talking wants to go. There's been a lot of reports about Boston, but you know, if Talk had turned down four ish from the Canucks, you know that's not where the Bruins go, right. I don't know that I see the Bruins offering more than the Canucks did, So you have to convince me that that makes sense. And the Philly one is interesting, Like I've always believed that he was very high on their radar, but over the last few days there's been some kind of conflicting information on that that maybe that's not necessarily true. And I think at this time of year you have to be really careful because there's always things flying around that are different and some it's hard to know what's fact and what's fiction. But you know, the people who believe that there's a chance that Talk It ends up on television next year and TNT, they seem pretty confident.
Speaker 3: Right now.
Speaker 7: We'll see. I just you know, I always thought that that Philly was the most likely landing spot for him him when this was all over, But in the last few days, I've had some people push back on that.
Speaker 4: So many coaches are there are enough quality coaches out there at leat because I got people telling me there's so many teams but not enough quality candidates out there.
Speaker 7: Well, I think Rick, the biggest thing is is that there's always a question is when do you take a flyer on somebody that doesn't have a lot of experience?
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 7: I think there's a lot of coaches out there who want, like people have told me, like Peter Laviolett, he wants to prove that last year was not about him. Gerard Gallant wants to prove that what happened with the Rangers was not about him. People like DJ Smith and Greg Cronin. Those are people who are interested in showing that they learned a lot from their first stops. I hear a lot of you know, Todd Nelson, Jeff Blashill, Jeff helpern hasn't had a chance yet, but I think it's only a matter of time until he does.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 7: I think it comes down to Rick, you know, when are you willing to take a chance on someone new. I will say that there's one guy out there, and he does have some Northwest history that a few guys have told me they think will have a great chance at one of these jobs. Is Mitch Love that Mitch Love, who's still coaching in the playoffs right now with the Capitals, that he has a strong chance to end up somewhere. And so he is a guy who I think in this cycle, if he wants to, he will have a chance at one of these jobs.
Speaker 3: Elliott backtracking a little bit here, and we discussed earlier on the show that the Canucks Vancouver Cannucks hiring another AHL coach won't go overwhelm in this market because there's an AHL coach in Abbatsford doing very well in Manny Malhultra. What can you tell us? What are the Knucks like about Marco Sturm, who's been with the Ontario Rain.
Speaker 7: You know, Marco Sturm is well. First of all, I generally like the one thing is I don't like hard and fast, black and white white rules, don But generally I do believe that if you have someone like Malhotra, as long as he wants to coach in the NHL someday, you should probably prioritize that, right But you know, wait, let's let the process play out and see where this all goes. Marco Sturm is a pretty ambitious guy. He's been sending signals for a couple of years now that he would really like to be a head coach in the NHL. You know, he's got some international experience with Germany at the Olympics. I think he's also on Boston's radar potentially because they know him. He played for them. You know, I've heard good things about Like Sturm has been an NHL assistant before, but I think he really wanted to run a bench to show that he could do it. I would say this, Donnie, he's a very ambitious guy. He like he would be a guy like there's all these questions about what does Vancouver want and what do you want from someone coming in here? He would want the Vancouver job. From what I know about Stern, he would look at this as yes, I want to be in the NHL. Yes I will gladly be the head coach of the Vancouver Canucks and I will prove that I can be the kind of coach that they need. So like, that's what I think about when I think about him. I think he's ambitious. I think he's determined. I think he wants an NHL job, and I think he is eager to prove that he can be a coach at the next level. And the other thing too, is like I think he's the kind of guy Donnie like I know in Vancouver right now they're debating how do people rank Vancouver as a job. I think he would look at it as if I got that job, I would be ecstatic to have that job.
Speaker 3: And one more, Elliott Austin Matthews two goals in two playoff games, I think yet one goal last year in the postseason.
Speaker 4: Is this about health?
Speaker 3: Is about Is it about a commitment to defense or something else or maybe a combination of all things.
Speaker 7: Well, Look, I think he's competing hard. There's no question about that.
Speaker 3: To me.
Speaker 7: A commitment to defense, yeah, you got to play defense, but you got to score too, So I don't really run that one away. Look, he's taken two practices off in the last week. There's something there. But I mean, you guys know how it is, right. I mean, when you're the captain, when you're the highest paid player, you know the focus, the attention is on you, and you know you just have to deal with that. That's life in the big city. And you know, they get shut out and they have two days off until the next game. We've got a lot of airtime to film, a lot of bandwidth to use, so he becomes the focal point. But it's clear to me he's not one hundred percent. I would say that.
Speaker 3: We rarely talk about the Canucks highest paid player on the show. Just so you know, Elliott, thanks for this, my friend.
Speaker 7: All right, guys, have yourselves a great week.
Speaker 4: And you know, by the way, in two weeks, go back with the gel. Yeah, yeah, I miss it.
Speaker 3: Okay, now that I'm now that I've seen you for.
Speaker 7: I was taking a nap, so.
Speaker 3: I oh awesome, Elliott, Thank you, sir, appreciate it all right, take care guys. Elliott Friedman every night these days during the playoffs, Hockey Artist, working Man, Donny and the thirty two Thoughts podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of interest in Marco Sturm. Well, Marco Sturm's name is now as Elliot said in Vancouver as well, and Donnie boy, if they hire Sturm over Maholtra, who's forty five minutes down the highway, Wow, that would be interesting.
Speaker 3: Like we said in the first segment, that's that's a hard sell. I would I agree a break, will update the poll question next Donnie and telling the team.
Speaker 4: On Jack, Donnie and Dolly.
Speaker 6: The team is supported by Abelauntions dot c a Closing your Business we can help.
Speaker 3: Able Auctions specializes in helping British Columbia based business owners close their business and sell their assets in a timely, orderly manner.
Speaker 1: Online events for everything from machine shop and manufacturing auctions to industrial equipment, retail inventories or any other type of business assets.
Speaker 4: Able Auctions can help.
Speaker 3: For a free confidential consultation on getting your business assets sold, Please email Sales at able auctions dot ca dot Sales at ab LA auctions dot ca. Watling Dog poll question visit one of Victoria's favorite pubs where you can enjoy twenty taps and twenty screens. You're home for the Canucks and UFC. Come sit and stay at the Watling Dog today.
Speaker 4: Rick Ryan, get her up the Watling Dog pup poll question and here it is. Which member of the Atmosphere Canucks says the brightest future in the Vancouver organization. You got to Mandy maholtra Archer c Lovs, Jonathan Mccarromaki and others. Lakara Mackie's leading the way at forty seven percent, but not far behind his Maholtry at eight hundred votes. Ready, it's hopping, it's popping, it's not stopping. One assist so far in the playoffs with Jonathan Lecromackie Archer sealows numbers excellent so far in the playoffs. Yeah, he had the one. He had the one bad game on the road in Coachella Valley, but after he was taken out after the first period of Tolaplo was put in. But other than that, he's been great.
Speaker 3: Nanny nine thirty five safe percentage. Speaking of goaltenders in the Canucks organization, the latest on Thatcher Demko.
Speaker 4: Well, the Sea loves thing. He was there, He's important. The Canucks are not giving up on Sea Lobs, Donnie, and they shouldn't give up on him because we don't know what's going to happen with Thatcher Dempko. I wonder if the Canucks don't offer Dempko more than three years, don would you would you? Would you try and keeping it with his health? Thank you considerations. I wonder if the Canucks say, look, the Canucks never went past five years for brock Besser, don why they don't want to commit sixty seven eight years to them right, and that's what stalled the negotiation with Bester. The term. What's the term going to be for the Canucks when they talked to Demko? Do you see them giving five, six, seven, eight years? I don't. And if they don't come to terms, what happened, what happens. That's why the what happens. That's why Sea Lobs is still important, Donnie. We don't know what's gonna happen with Demko. We don't know, but I wonder if the Canucks trying to keep that term to three years in lower.
Speaker 3: An indication of that would be what they signed Lankan into a five year deal.
Speaker 4: That's it. So that's obviously concerned about Demko's health. Yeah, but here's the update on Demko's health, Dondy. I've been told he's feeling great. There's nothing to rehab. He's going to have a good summer of actually getting ready for the season. Unlike last year, don he is going to be able to go out and say I'm healthy, I'm gonna prepare the proper way. He did not touch NHL ice, well, he didn't touch ays period till after the NHL Draft last year. That's not the case anymore. He's learned to go on his uh on his off season workouts.
Speaker 3: Has been the case for a long time now, all since the end of the the regular season for the Cocks. We've talked a lot today about Rick Talcket. He worked the Stanley Cup playoff games over the weekend on T and T. He did the T and T panel and as you'll see here, we got the clip Ryan We're good clip one? Yeah, are you awake or what's going on?
Speaker 1: I'm doing I'm doing a million things here clip one the whiteboard.
Speaker 3: Rick Talckett looked extremely comfortable talking strategy.
Speaker 8: I think that was really Uh, that's how you play Man on Man tein show.
Speaker 4: Was coach talk?
Speaker 7: Does that get my witboard?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Sure, you don't want busy do this?
Speaker 8: No, I think we're like we're talking about shot at Thames.
Speaker 3: So Washington had.
Speaker 7: Five to one by the one high danger.
Speaker 3: High danger.
Speaker 8: See that's what Dylan Strom was talking about the the pre Scott. So if you look, this guy's got the puck. Okay, and a lot of times this guy will have the and this guy will be on him. Here shot attentsive, a guy just throws it to the net, Okay, I'm not sure that's a good play because you have people outside the box. Right, So now this guy do you would get it? Now, they get a free breakout. If you watch the clip that you just showed, Washington grabbed that. The guy had nobody at the net, He came deep, the laid went to the defenseman over Now you make your play, whether it's a shot here or if it's a one timer, you can go off that. So I'm a little bit more selective when it comes to those things than just shot attempts. If somebody was at the net, if this guy was at the net, if this guy was going to the net, yeah, throw it. But when there's nobody there, why would you throw it to the net.
Speaker 3: You know, you know what I got out of that his head well no, what, well, his head was popping in in and out of that video.
Speaker 4: He was They got to do a better job. He's got to be standing up. So you don't get that in anyways going when.
Speaker 3: They were doing it overhead, I know whether he were standing or sitting, you're still going to see the top of it. Say, but what I got out of that was get the puck back to Quinn. Eas Yeah, at the point. Yeah, he's very comfortable.
Speaker 4: Rick.
Speaker 3: Have you heard anything, you know, bobbing head or not about the possibility of him sticking around and doing more TNT next, I'm not coach.
Speaker 4: Everything I've been told up to this date is that he wants to coach next year. Done. But I tell you, if it's not the right situation, maybe he goes back to TV.
Speaker 3: Maybe he goes back to television. Nice to have a safety velve right, oh big time. Okay, By the way, we haven't talked about a couple of things. BC Lion's training camp has opened up in cant Loops. They play their preseason opener RIC a week from today in Langford, Victoria versus Calgary. Their regular season opens Saturday, June seventh, just around the corner BC Place against Edmonton. As tomorrow, we're going to find out who the concert kickoff act will be. Oh right, in the wake of fifty cent in ll cool J One Republic, Donnie.
Speaker 4: If it's a no name hip hop rap stuff, I'm not going. I'm not going to the opener. I'm not just good. Isn't a no name? None of those names? Just stop. One Republic's not.
Speaker 1: You had a name last Missy Elliott, Missy Elliott that I completely spitballed on that.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: White Caps meanwhile come back yesterday to two draw against al CROFC.
Speaker 4: Big crowd.
Speaker 3: They play Saturday in Austin. Brian White who also got a couple of goals. Once you got eight now tied for the lead in MLS and I believe thirteen across all competitions.
Speaker 4: What a player.
Speaker 3: Well, great athletes in recent Kanaka, at least recent Vancouver history. Maybe the Kanucks can use them.
Speaker 4: They were down gate, they were down to nothing, Doney, nineteen minutes into the game. Yeah, that's a great coming back. Yeah, but you didn't said two minutes to down nineteen minutes in that's a big deficit in soccer. They came back. Give his credit business. Oh yeah, absolutely, look this, Uh check out the largest selection of sports Member of Biley, autographed items, trading cards and collectible games in Western Canada. Past Time Sports Sunday. May this this Sunday coming up? That's correct.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, you can't put anything. Okay, I've been saying it for so long. It's coming up.
Speaker 4: In Langley, a couple of legends, Mike Madanna and Theoflurry for an in store signing. Details on this event, upcoming signings and card drops are available at Pastime Sports Dots Yeah or on their social channels.
Speaker 1: Laptop Yeah, so I got something special to show off here today. In front of the laptop is the Stanley cop and then also the Theoflury rookie card today. So he's gonna be signing those. They'll be available to sign on Sunday. But something special that I have is they've also got these replica Hall of Fame plaques. So look at this is the Medana one, Okay, so it's the this is what's at the Hockey Hall of Fame if you look up Mike Madana. So they've got a replica version of it. And so in the past when they've had people in, they've been able to get them to sign them. So look at this. This is the Timu Silani one that they're lending me right now. So Timu signed it and then he put Hall of Fame seventeen. That's when he went into the Hockey Fame. So one of the items you can get signed by Mike Madano on Sunday or these Hall of Fame plaques, which these things are these things are wicked? I've got the Henrik and Daniel sadim one. My parents bought it for me when they visited the Hall of Fame. It's a nice man cave momento.
Speaker 4: Yeah, how's the man cave doing? Yeah? I didn't spend as much time in it is more you have four TVs or five in there.
Speaker 1: Three other night you guys ripped me because I was updating you in the basketball game and you were watching hockey, and I said, well, go back.
Speaker 3: And forth twenty twenty five on the hockey, and congratulations on your new fridge.
Speaker 4: By the way, Yeah, thank you. You didn't take my advice. But okay, that's it. We're good. Yep, you're good.
Speaker 3: DTMG. Next, do need to light the team on check? It's Outlander plug In Hybrid Electric Vehicle Days at Surrey Mitsubishi.
Speaker 4: This month get up to eight thousand, five hundred off their most popular all wheel drive s ub the Outlander plug in Hybrid.
Speaker 3: The Outlander plug In Hybrid is whisper quiet, fuel efficient, lets you drive electric or gas, and can fit seven passengers in three rows of CD.
Speaker 4: Cruise pass traffic and HOV lanes even when driving solo and again save up to eight thousand, five hundred.
Speaker 3: Visit Surrey Mitsubishi at one three eight two oh one hundred and fourth Avenue in Surrey or online at Surrey Mitsubishi dot CA. A offer ends May thirty, first.
Speaker 4: One on a Monday morning. Donnie Dolly on Czech TV. Now time for DTMs brought to you by the world famous Whistler Golf Club. Go see big l out there a great track.
Speaker 3: Great track DTMZ brought to you by the Arnold Palmer Design whistle Golf Club, Now open for twenty twenty five to open Friday. Eric t times can be booked online for any time during twenty twenty five, and if you have a group of twelve or more, ask us about our Donnia Dolly Midweek group specials at wistogolf dot com. Forward slash groups.
Speaker 4: Kanye West.
Speaker 3: Yeah, usually don't want to talk about Kanye or or Gay or the Kardashians because they go out of their way to get publicity and it's phony. I don't want to, but look at me, look at me, Look at me. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna move ahead here. Kanye West was a guest on last This goes back a bit. On Last Tuesday's edition of Pierce Morgan Uncensored, Kanye appeared on camera from Spain alongside influencer and friend Sneako. Things did not go well, as Pierce mentioned Yay's thirty two million dollar part of me thirty two million Twitter followers, a figure that is just short of being correct.
Speaker 4: I think you could do the study. You got a whole staff over there. I thought he was thirty ten million.
Speaker 3: How many is it?
Speaker 4: You obviously know?
Speaker 9: I mean no, I mean, don't don't help them out.
Speaker 4: You know they I'm telling you thirty three million. Now, so congratulations, you're slightly big, bigger following than I thought.
Speaker 9: No, congratulations, your information is correct. You're not just some you know dude trying to sub You know, I'm a gift bro, you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 9: Why why do all you people in media act like you haven't played my songs at your weddings or graduations or at funerals and when your child was born. You know, you take somebody that's living like a Lenen Michael Jackson and you just take all this time to just like that nuance right there. It's it's idiotic. It just shows the hate that you put out for people that put love. There's so much love and respect.
Speaker 7: What are you talking about?
Speaker 4: I haven't said anything.
Speaker 7: What do you talk about?
Speaker 9: It's thirty Okay, now you're not taking accountability or responsibility.
Speaker 4: You know, of course I need to.
Speaker 9: No, no, sir, this is what you get for now we can we can circle back when you can count.
Speaker 4: Okay, all right, you get the idea.
Speaker 3: I felt the same way, like, what the hell was he was he talking about? Kanye's exit left sneako behind the answer. A couple of questions also didn't go well. Pierce wanted to say. He wanted to ask Kanye, yeah, I don't know if you've heard about this, and what what he posts on Twitter and why he attacks Jewish people and celebrates Adolf Hitler. For example, he dropped a track last week entitled how Hitler Remember that they had a heated exchange going back to twenty twenty two. But with Kanye, everything is about cheap publicity. Like just what he was saying there, it's just outrageous, and then he leaves. What happens we pay attention to the fact that he left, and Pierce Morten's kind of the same way. He knows what he knows what Kanye is going to do. So they're kind of both helping each other out in a really bizarre, bizarre way.
Speaker 4: He's not hard to not like Donnie. Let's leave it at that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so maybe the last time we have Kanye on dtmc Ryan, you're good. Yeah, yeah, okay, but you.
Speaker 4: Know, everything he does it's attention seeking.
Speaker 3: There you go, there you go, and it works.
Speaker 4: It works to some extent. The have you heard his new truck.
Speaker 1: The Influencer they're sitting there that that was an rele of ant appearance.
Speaker 3: In fact, his named Sneko.
Speaker 1: Ruincer just turns myself.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, absolutely. In other words, I can't get a job, but I'll do this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'm good with Kanye. Yay, sorry, oh yee.
Speaker 3: May twelfth, we have eight birthdays. The line is set at eight by Honker and Company. They're back with us. They continue our relationship. Honker and Company fronted by Al Honker, Nasal Spray Warehouse and Casino and Wayne Right alberta rock and roll Ryan left handed Canadian golfer You should get it Right by Hockey Hall of Fame Center from Foam Lake, Saskatchewan played junior hockey for the Saskatoon Blades holds the Blues records for most game. There you go. Why did I know you would get that Blues six to six defenseman from Saint Albert periical.
Speaker 4: I gotta give it to you, Holton Peraico pro skates. How many defensemen the Blues have that are six to six? Ryan?
Speaker 3: It was Dolly wall Close. I think you're Team Canada pro skateboarder from California Tony Hawk.
Speaker 4: Now that's suspicious. How would you know skateboarder is skateboarder? Are you? Every skateboarder is Ryan. One of the.
Speaker 1: Biggest video games of Little Ryan's heyday was Tony Hawk's Pro Skater. You know what that video game is massive?
Speaker 3: You just said there sums you up in so many ways. What I thought you were gonna say. I skateboarded as a kid. No, I didn't know. I could watch you were playing video games involving skateboard I cut sums that.
Speaker 1: I could not skate for the life of me. I had a couple of buddies that did, but I could not.
Speaker 3: American actor born to a Egyptian parents, won the twenty eighteen Best Actor Oscar for his portrayal.
Speaker 4: Of Freddie Mercury and Bohemian Rhapsody. Oh I know this.
Speaker 10: Come on, Ramy Remy, Rammy Remy. No, but Remy initial Rammy Mallick, you talk about Ramy REMI.
Speaker 3: I believe and I think I got this right that the Colorado Eagles lineup includes Yvonne Yvonne.
Speaker 10: Vanni, Yes, vannyv what's the deal there, like with the parents, just lazy or what?
Speaker 4: Maybe having some fun. Late Baseball Hall of Fame Catcher played nineteen MLB seasons eighteen for the Yankees.
Speaker 3: Won for the Mets, went on to manage both teams. It ain't over till it's a Yogi Brah. Late stand up comedian and actor. Nineteen seventy five, he hosted the very first episode of Saturday Night Live, known for his bit the seven words you can never say George Carlevision. Yeah you know, George Carlin. Right, Yeah, you look confused there.
Speaker 4: I was thinking of someone else.
Speaker 3: American actor, American actor. He played coach Gordon Bombay in The Mighty Ducks.
Speaker 4: Oh bet, yeah, Emilio, Emilio, you're good with the last days. That's the best bet. Of course, His dad, Martin and younger brother, Charlie a young guy, both actors, A new one coming ere Is it really yeah? We're good? Yep?
Speaker 3: Is it just me coming up? Billy w I this? I did tease this on Friday. Billy Swan, He's this is an underrated song. He's eighty three and he's gonna play us out July seventy four and the album with the same name. This is Billy Swan number one around the world with I can help on check the sound of the seventies on a BC Monday morning?
Speaker 4: Is it just me? It's next?
Speaker 1: You gotta don't care a day.
Speaker 3: The Waddling Dog Pub has been owned and operated locally since nineteen ninety one and has since built its reputation as one of Victoria's.
Speaker 4: Favorite watering holes.
Speaker 3: With twenty TVs, twenty local and domestic taps, and over two hundred seats, the Wabbling Dog has something for everyone, including every Canucks game, UFC pay per views, and an unbeatable daily happy hour from four to six. The Dog is your one stop shop, with its attached coal, beer and wine store, offering up hundreds of local and important products, as well as an extensive inventory of Donnie and Dolly merchandise. Their award winning hotel offers dog friendly hotel rooms that are appointed with antique style furnishings and modern amenities, and only ten minutes from the airport and ferry terminal. There are countless reasons to come, sit and stay at the Waddling Dog. Lots of submission in the Delaney's inbox, Rick.
Speaker 4: Let's go, Ryan is wrong. I am thirty four years old and my parents passed down to me at a young age that non I hey hey song is synonymous with the eighty two Canucks run John from Smithers Beautiful Smithers John with a great and John's thirty four donniere you go, you know, and he knows non no hey hey.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 3: The other thing, too, is that whole situation with singing that song away over the towns. It's fun, and Ryan tends to be a bit anti fun these days, very as opposed to us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, is it just me? This is good?
Speaker 3: Bobby from Poco Is it just me? But hear me out? Guys Talk goes to T and T for two years. Devil's coach Sheldon Cave's contract is up at twenty twenty eight. Hughes goes to the Devils. Quinn Hughes goes to the Devils and requests Rick Tockett East Coast Team Hughes Talcket playing chess.
Speaker 4: Oh not bad? Is that? Bobby and Poco?
Speaker 3: Bobby and Poco.
Speaker 4: Boy, did you put together a nice submission there, boy, that made a lot of sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, thinking there, and we appreciate we didn't do that.
Speaker 4: That was well thought out. Uh, maybe Steam can be the Lions headline actors.
Speaker 3: Oh, just play that one song. I don't if they had any other I don't remember Steam unsigned? Is it just me? Gerard Gallant coached Vegas during the Bubble playoffs wave after wave of attack, and for check, if it wasn't for Demco, that series would have been over in five Get Gallant again? Unsigned? Sign those text folks, Well, don't we want to give you credit?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Gerard Gallatt's out there. He's looking too right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, And Elliott says something to the effect is like Peter Laviolette. Yeah, he wants to prove that what went wrong with the Rangers wasn't just about him. Yeah, they wouldn't mind kidding back.
Speaker 4: All the Rangers are fired a lot of guys over the years. Hey, the white Caps and the Saskatchewan rough Riders have the same song. Just one is blue soccer and one is green football, same tune, Davis and Langley. That's a good submission because the rough Riders and the white Caps they absolutely yeah, yeah, they had to just flipped the colors round. I can't remember what it was Chelsea here, it's an English Chelsea, Chelsea.
Speaker 3: It was Chelsea and its blue as the color, but it Chelsea's. It was an English team that started that hole. Yep, it started, you know, originated that song and then the white Caps built on it.
Speaker 4: Yeah what else you got right? That song and those towels to this day still giving me goosebumps. And definitely the Canucks made the towels and the song together. Famous Doug in Nanaimo and he said, well, he started off by saying, well, I'm the old guy, but Doug and Nanaimo just like us. Donnie loved eighty two Ryan in Parksville. Is it just me?
Speaker 3: Lecormackie is at the age a lot of folks get their wisdom teeth out. So you were wondering what type of oral surgery. We don't have the specifics, but wisdom teeth parks full, thank you very much. A definite possibility. That's the age I was at when I got mine.
Speaker 4: It could have been a root canal. Did you get your out? I have no idea. I'd have to go back and check. Well, use your wisdom, you have to go back and check.
Speaker 3: What do you want me to do it? You think I remember, but you don't. I remember, but my getting my wisdom teeth out? Have you had your wisdom teeth out yet?
Speaker 4: Ryan?
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's a famous story with that.
Speaker 3: But then we go on, Well, what I remember is that I had it done up north. Oh, and I was. I was in my very early twenties, and I remember like you're frozen. But I always remember the sound. Oh I sound, yeah, grilling, the drilling, No, not even that cracking. Oh, I don't know how experienced the dead was. What's your story?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: I was put out for mine, and so what's the story. I woke up and I was in a different room. So how did I get to the different room? Yeah, there's wheels on a chair with the chair I was in was not a wheel. There's no wheels, and they picked the chair up. It was a dentist chair, like a regular dentist chair where the procedure was done. And then when I came to, I was laying in a bed in another.
Speaker 3: Room was doctor Tim Wabs?
Speaker 4: Was I carried?
Speaker 1: Was I sleepwalked? What what happened?
Speaker 4: Stretcher? Maybe they put you on a stretch. Maybe I could never stay awake for that.
Speaker 1: Oh, staying away from my gum grab surgery was enough. But that, oh man.
Speaker 4: I don't know if I had the option back then. Back then we didn't get put out.
Speaker 3: Chairs.
Speaker 4: They've really improved. They're really they're always comfortable.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, the ones now well now you got usually a TV to TV in the court.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, the option. It's out of control and the chairs are so comfortable.
Speaker 3: She get them here.
Speaker 4: This shows from the show from a dentist chair. RP and white Rock, He's just me.
Speaker 3: Depending on what the Canucks do with Dempko, she Lofts is playing himself into quite a trade piece with the first rounder for a top six center. Throw him the first rounder and get a top six center. Or is dem Goo the trade piece because she loves is playing well, that's it, but this is in the ahl.
Speaker 4: They can't give up on she loves because of his age, Doney, and you don't know when you're gonna need him.
Speaker 3: But you look, they talk about getting a top six forward, a top two center. You got to give up something to get something, so you can't hang onto these guys too long and kind of goes against our best argument.
Speaker 4: But I think you know what I'm talking about. Their top six is horrendous right now. Don They got a lot of surgery to do this summer. Don't forget the Darcy Rota song cover of the Knack my Sharona around seventy eight. Do you remember that mysh Corona?
Speaker 3: The I don't remember that my sa I was up north then, yeah, getting my teeth pulled out?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Darcy wrote a great connuckt. We love them.
Speaker 3: This is Dave from Couch and Rick. If you're taking forty five minutes to weed eat, either you have too much property or you didn't start the thing.
Speaker 4: I stop it. I'm very slow at weed eating because Donnie, I don't rush it and make sure I really get you. Go back and I go back and forth and yeah, just like but I didn't have to Google out of weed eat like this guy had to Google out of paint. I just go out I love weed eating, but I go slow. What do you have to You have the battery, gas.
Speaker 3: The electric, but the cord card, the cord, what's wrong with the cord in the way.
Speaker 1: Just don't go over the cord with the weed eater.
Speaker 4: That'll be no. I got okay. I sliced myself with a weed eater what many years ago? Many years ago? Like your ankles a little ricky? Yeah, right above the ankles, oh man, Yeah, yep, yep. We toughed it out, yeah, eoots. I did not call sick the next day, call INSYNCT. I did not call INSECT. I did not. I went to work the next day all bandaged up.
Speaker 3: There you go go No, I don't have anything, go go okay? Uh?
Speaker 1: Is it just me?
Speaker 3: RP and White Rock losing best are trading. Miller biggest comebacks is their cap hits opening up for UFA and RFA signings. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I think what he's saying is.
Speaker 3: That they've got more They're gonna have more money because they don't want investor anymore.
Speaker 4: Obviously, Well, they're going to have six point five million, which takes them up to about eighteen nineteen million. Don but you know, and.
Speaker 3: Miller was eight.
Speaker 4: Are you getting million? Are you getting Mitch Marner? Are you getting Sam Bennett? Do you think Mitch Maurner and Sam Bennett have Vancouver on their list to go to? I don't think so.
Speaker 3: A break and then we'll wrap up the show and the poll question next Donnie Dull the team on check.
Speaker 4: Love golf but hate the rain. Hideout Golf is now open. Located in the Sands Hotel on Davy Street. Hideout Golf is your new go to golf simulator bar, perfect for everything from casual rounds to competitive play.
Speaker 3: Hideout Golf has an exclusive offer for Donnie and Dolly listeners get twenty five percent off simulator time for your first booking. Just use the promo code Dad Dad twenty five.
Speaker 4: That's Dad Dad twenty five. Ready to d up your next night out? Book now at a Hideout Golf Dot C eight.
Speaker 3: Dog poll Rick Ryan get Her Up the Waddling Dog Up poll question of which member of the Atmosford Canuck says the brightest future in the Vancouver organization Many Maholtra Archer Se Lovs, Jonathan Karamackie or other in leading the way is Lakara Mackie of forty seven percent to Maholt at forty two.
Speaker 4: Oh, already over a thousand votes. It's hopping, it's popping, it's not stopping. It's not stopping.
Speaker 3: Friday and Sunday, games one and two of the third round AHL playoff series the Pacific Division Championship between Abbotsford and Colorado. Yes, absolutely, as the Canucks Farm club has moved on photos.
Speaker 4: What do you know? Oh, it was a great weekend. The Blue Jays swept Seattle and guess who was there? Kits the Right, get her up, kits Allado, Polly, great game, lots of Jays fans and attendance. Wishing you guys were here. The Blue Jays went on Saturday in Seattle. Kitsilando, Polly looking great, look at that decked out and Blue Jays stopped Dotty and Dolly the hat. Yeah start first three games.
Speaker 1: Sweep of Seattle since ninety one, by the way, and of course it would be under the backdrop of people not going as frequently.
Speaker 3: There were a lot of stories about how few Canadians went down there, but apparently the numbers were only down around ten percent yesterday. The visuals looked pretty good. Yeah, Mother's Day people had already bought their tickets for the you know, the whole Trump situation.
Speaker 1: It definitely wasn't a sea of blue.
Speaker 4: It's something to check out. Hey, I got to throw this.
Speaker 3: In if you don't mind, Guys, I want to throw in this picture of Cliff. He's from Pentiicton and we got him some Donnie and Dolly gear. Okay, hat, golf shirt, Cliff.
Speaker 4: Look at him, look at like a million bucks. He's ninety years old. This guy man looking great, look at age, didn't look a year past you, look well, put his way.
Speaker 1: Looks better than you and if looks great, absolutely.
Speaker 4: Cliff, hope you enjoy the golf shirt and the hat. What else you got get?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: We go ahead. We're going overseas. Overseas sure Spain? No, I just kidding anyways, Look checking out the Lions training camp in cam Moves, which Donny thinks is the equivalent of Spain. But checking out the Lions training camp rocking my Donnie and Dolly gear, Go Lions. Tyrell the ramp Man. So there's Tyrel outside Hillside, Hillside, beautiful up on that hill, Donny, he's the name Hillside by the university.
Speaker 1: There it's a beautiful on the ground university.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, I know that. I've covered the Lions cap there many years, right, have.
Speaker 3: You you did?
Speaker 4: I don't every year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I never.
Speaker 4: Saw you that. I'm talking back twenty twenty five years, around five hundred years old. Yeah, I don't know about this. Hey, lines were up by Wally Bano. We used to go up by a training camp. Well, Wally Bana up there. Hey, listen, Tyrell the rampman. Thank you for that photo. Looking great there. What's a ramp man?
Speaker 1: Somebody that deals with rams reps? By the way, stay tuned to the Lions social media account over the next bit in Kamloops, Matt Baker and them unbelievable reports fakes. I know there's all this Kinnock news all the time, but the visual stay on the Lions.
Speaker 4: Great.
Speaker 3: It's hard to take bad pictures when you're talking about the Spain of Canada.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you Spain. I thought we were going over. I'm not gonna go.
Speaker 1: I'm shocked. Tudism kam Loops has them reached out to you by now, I make you a deputy ambassador or something. Nobody.
Speaker 4: It was sunny in Kamloops. It looked beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you get beautiful.
Speaker 4: It gets sunshine. You can't tell by the fun your typical Canadians. You don't think anything in this country anywhere. You think Spain. Have you seen the beaches of Spain? Don You said.
Speaker 1: Before the show you believe people travel worldwide to Kamloops.
Speaker 4: Okay, to check o kam.
Speaker 3: Might have been a bit of an exaggeration, but you're talking about a beautiful place. Kamlops is right up, It's very beautiful, would say the majority of places in the Kamloops I spent all my summers.
Speaker 4: Spear grow up in the pulp and paper mill Broccolo Hurst. Over to the right up the hill is Aberdeen Mall. Are you kidding? I love Kamloops. It's a beautiful city. You're really selling me with it. But it's not Spain. Come on, it's just typical. We're good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, special guests on the show tomorrow. By the way, we'll.
Speaker 4: Find a way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Maybe by quiet tomorrow.
Speaker 3: We might find find out who the Lions concert kickoff actors on behalf of Bryan Derek Rick, all of Kamloops.
Speaker 4: I'm done. You have to day the Wilder Sports.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening to the Donnie and Dolly podcast. Be sure to follow us on Twitter at Donnie and Dollie for all the latest show content.