Speaker 1: Hello, everyone, Welcome to the first ever episode of Space Pirates, Dungeons and Dragons. Welcome to the Eon Veil, which I va was the name of the universe. If you haven't gathered, I won't notes. Everyone's got notebooks now, which is very exciting for me. Not books. Yeah, we've got three different players with notebooks, and you could definitely guess which one would break a notebook. Name of universe, Yeah, I got.
Speaker 2: All up here.
Speaker 1: Not believe you, I really don't believe you. Yes, no, shred down notes. Yeah. I'm not going to introduce the player straight away. We're going to do that one at a time, as the players, as the characters are introduced, and so I'll do the little intro thing. I do want to preface everything by saying, yes, this is a sci fi space campaign. I am an idiot. So it's not gonna be super detailed in terms of like astro physics and all of that. There's gonna be a lot of hand waving on how technology works.
Speaker 3: Is this more science fantasy than science fiction? No, it's still science fiction. Difference, I know there's a difference.
Speaker 1: It's still like the setting is very you know, it's it's still very like Starlarus, Star Wars, Mass Effect, you know, all of these kind of things where it's the future, classic sci fi. It's not. This is not spell Jamma where it's like just magic. Any details on how things work like.
Speaker 3: Science fiction is like the the fluxon drive is activating the hydro spanner or something you know, like like something like that.
Speaker 4: Both turns down right now, the flux on drive of the hydrovan. There will be a quiz at the end of the session. I will quizz all of you. Fantastic.
Speaker 1: Okay, So this is where we begin on our adventure. I'm gonna let me read this for you for written something Drifting in the dark between shattered moons. Don't laugh at me, I'm good. Drifting in the dark, between shattered moons and dying stars lies a forgotten speck of rock. Officially categorized as vanter Kop Facility three eight five three one of thousands, a labor camp hidden in the Free Belt where prisoners vanish from public record and reappear as corporate assets. Bought in silence, worked without rest. Prisoners here serve sentences under flickering lights and the boot of security droids. No trial, no rights, just filling out quotas. Two of you have been here for a while. Now, you know, heads down, just like working out your sentence, and those two are well, we will start with you know, I'll roll to who we start with? Yeah, for two RANDOMI randomize it, Navena, So you are currently sitting in a prison cell, in a in a cage. I'm also going to roll there are other prisoners and I am rolling randomly to see who you share a prison cell with. So I'm gonna I'm gonna do that now A D three here, okay, okay, okay, okay, So Navina, do you want to describe your character first? Navena? Here is Connoquest as well. Welcome. Everybody say welcome Conequest, Welcome.
Speaker 5: Conquest Welcome.
Speaker 6: Navena is a Villainari. She is periwinkled blue skin color with deep magenta eyes.
Speaker 1: Document.
Speaker 6: She's a quiet, shy individual, quite young, sort of like I don't know the age specs for Velinari, whether it's similar to human years or not, but around sort of like late teens, nineteen going on twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: For scope, she is a monk in terms of class, and she was born and spent most of her life within the church of her small village area on her home planet, Saint Marinus.
Speaker 1: Okay, I didn't expect this. I was just I was expecting just physical details. But you're really giving me the whole story here. Yeah, and just for anyone who without any visual aid, the Velinari are a sort of semi aquatic being. They have set the semi gelatinous so they can transform their arms and their legs and sort of their limbs into other forms. They've got sort of three eyes, and yeah, they're kind of like an aquatic gelatinous race. And you're sitting there across from you. Everybody in this facility has been like keeping to themselves and quite quiet, except for this guy. This guy. This guy.
Speaker 5: You've got the one person.
Speaker 1: This guy is a skivett. There's a skivet who sits in front of you. His fur is green, but you couldn't really tell because it's just covered in soot and ash, so it's like he's kind of like dusty black and green and he's just there and he's like, God, why are you talking? Wait? Wait, we got some sort of report together.
Speaker 7: Awful voice character in this campaign.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Visa is trying her best to meditate. And just ignore him.
Speaker 1: Are you asleep? Hey? Why can't we just like play a game? Last sellmone I had we played cards all day until they killed him. I'm not saying that playing cards leads to you dying. Don't be afraid. Come on, I don't bite, you know, like often.
Speaker 2: Well, you have interrupted my meditation.
Speaker 1: WHOA?
Speaker 2: What's would you like to play?
Speaker 1: WHOA? Oh great? I did this think i'd get this far. I'll be honest. He's like searching his pockets, of which he has many, and he's like, I have Yeah, I have this dice I stole.
Speaker 2: Very well.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's roll dice. Do you want to just play highest dice wins?
Speaker 5: Why not?
Speaker 2: I do not know these foreign games.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, so this is how it works. How what do you have money? You look like someone who makes a lot of money Vellunari. They tend to be quite rich.
Speaker 7: Sorry, Daniel, you're I'm losing, Like the the voice isn't really what it started out as my immersion.
Speaker 5: I think you need to go.
Speaker 1: Back to the US quite rich. You know all that churches and all that.
Speaker 2: They did not let me bring much money to this place, uh any at all?
Speaker 1: Actually, yeah, but you gotta have some of you know back home, like what to be free and all that.
Speaker 2: Well, the church relies mostly on donations, and yeah yeah, donations, stealing, it's all the same thing. We do not take for ourselves. We we give back.
Speaker 1: Yeah way, yeah, yeah, I've heard that before. Okay, whatever, let's just say we what what do you do? You have anything on you? Uh no, this sucks man. Okay, well, well then the next let's say the next week of meals, I get to have whatever you have, just you you and and and if I if are you win, then you get the next week of meals from mine.
Speaker 2: Very well, the food is not that good anyway.
Speaker 1: All right, So he holds out the dice and he goes, okay, roll these could you roll two D six? Yeah you rode a six. He's gonna roll his two D six. He rolls a three, and he goes, all right, Well, the objective of that game was the lowest roll wins.
Speaker 2: So I suppose I have lost every food.
Speaker 1: Nothing tastes better than free. So he's he's just annoying you. We're then gonna we're then gonna cut to uh wait, he only rolled one dice.
Speaker 3: Sorry, just kept he's a cheating asshole there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he just he just cheated.
Speaker 5: NA does another rules just.
Speaker 1: Now we cut to Schwaberty, who is playing Sigma, which is alike and you want to describe, you want a different out a little bit further along the corridor.
Speaker 7: So, yeah, Sigma is a liking, as you say, which is like a canine kind of anthropomorphic alien creature.
Speaker 5: They have.
Speaker 7: More eyes than regular regular canines, is one thing that sets them a party. He has like mostly brown and sort of beige cream fur, and his outfits and his his sort of like tech that he wears, and his bioengineered on his body is like orange highlights.
Speaker 5: As far as his risk goes, he is relatively small.
Speaker 7: He's five nine, but you know, among general races across the universe, that's probably pretty average.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you're okay. Your cell mate is this tall thal, which is yeah, he's tall and jagged. He's maybe like seven foot or so, like dark black obsidian skin with glowing purple marks, and he's he doesn't talk often, but he looks over you with sympathy and he's just looking you up and down. Hit this sort of the light from his body is kind of reflecting off of you a little bit.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, but he doesn't he doesn't speak.
Speaker 1: Not immediately. No, he's still just sort of he's he's a lot more chill. I mean, what probably happens is you guys can hear this givet from the other just like yaphing just and he's like hmm, that man seems to be making a lot of noise, isn't he?
Speaker 5: Yes, I did know this, my friend. What is your name?
Speaker 1: Ah? I apologize? Who was rude of me not to say I am vow so nice to meet you?
Speaker 7: Yes, of course you will know that I I am. You know I do not look like a prisoner. I do not belong here, and of course I do not, you know, not to say you'd look like a prisoner.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you know. Both of us shouldn't be here, you know what I mean? We should.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is such a shame that hard working men like yourself end up in places like this. Do you not see?
Speaker 5: That's what I'm saying exactly.
Speaker 1: Yes, Well you do not have to worry, for their time is soon to come.
Speaker 5: Who whose time is that?
Speaker 1: The people? The power, those above us, the ones that hold us down, for innocent men like us in prison cells like this and the Corps van de Korp. Maybe, but it goes deeper than that.
Speaker 7: Here's what I was thinking. You know, I think we've looked out, you know, being in a cell together. After all, you have some brawn about you and me.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 7: Sigmay is very intelligent, you know. So I'm thinking, me and you could be breaking our way out of here. Do you think so small minded you are? We don't just need to break out of here, but break out of the chains that shackle us, the invisible force that binds us to a life of servitude. This prison is merely a metaphor for the life we live outside. Perhaps one thing at the time.
Speaker 1: Scale vacue. Oh okay, yes, perhaps that is wise. Tell me what is your intelligence score?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 7: If I had to put a number on it, like twelve.
Speaker 1: Out of ten? Okay, yes, okay, Well, at this moment, then we will introduce our third character, because there is a new prisoner arriving today. Oh. You see a human cuffed and he's being dragged by guards and he is thrown immediately in a jail cell near you guys, And that's like locked slam shot. I do want to know that all of you are in cuffs by the way, Yeah, yeah, yeah. This new prisoner is you, Josh Stripe Hayes as Rick Plan. You were thrown into this prison. Do you want to describe your character.
Speaker 8: In?
Speaker 9: I'm Rick Plan. I am a disgraced Union of Man Captain. I was unfortunately portrayed by my superiors and so decided to escape on the nearest shut I could find, but unfortunately has taken me into this bloody place. So the first thing I need to do is get out of here and then work out what the hell I'm going to do to those who betrayed me from higher up in the Union. Step one, let's work out where the bloody hell I am.
Speaker 1: Just feels like you've just cut to narrow it like you cut to audience cab, Just do straight narration text. How will Rick plan to get out of this one alive?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, so, well you've been left with the third prisoner, which isn't Vou or the Skivett that Navina never asked his name of. It is. This is just a human in your shell, in your shell, in your cell, and he's sitting across from you, and he looks very terrified and honestly as they throw you in, he goes, no, please, I'm innocent. Let me out of here, please please. Oh no, they're going they've gone. Oh shucks are damn?
Speaker 9: Oh well, thank god I got you, because when I was being dragged here, I heard a rat and the guy talking about metaphorse.
Speaker 5: You've seen downright normal. What's your name?
Speaker 1: Oh? Oh my name? Oh people don't usually ask my name. My name is Jeremy, Jeremy.
Speaker 5: It's loving to meet you. Question one, do you have a hydro spanner?
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 9: I actually getting out of here a lot harder, Jeremy. First of all, let me ask you a question. Are you innocent?
Speaker 1: Yes, of course I am.
Speaker 5: I I didn't think Jeremy. How long have you been here for?
Speaker 1: Oh? I've lost track of the months, maybe even a year. I was only even for the crime I committed. I was only supposed to serve like a day.
Speaker 5: And what crime was that? Jeremy, I'm not going to judge.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 5: Don't worry.
Speaker 1: Oh ah, well, I want to stress I didn't actually do this. I didn't actually do this.
Speaker 5: Don't worry, Jeremy.
Speaker 9: I'm sure you're as innocent as your claiming you are What didn't you do?
Speaker 1: I stole a Globo Bites burger? I mean I didn't do it. My friends stole the Global Bites burger and then they pinned it on me, and the Global Bites employees got angry and they called the police, and the police came by arrested me. And that just happened to be when Vandcourt was coming through and buying prisoners, and I got caught up in all of this.
Speaker 9: Your friend stole a burger, then the police were called, and you, for the crime of your friend of stealing a burger, have been thrown onto a prison planet for years. Yes, yes, personally, I think that sounds remarkably fair.
Speaker 5: Jeremy.
Speaker 9: However, you've probably served your time, So William Jeremy, calm down, Jeremy, Jared, I'll slap him.
Speaker 1: Wait, how much? What is your strength modifier? Because twenty twenty four rules. I think an unarmed strike is just your strength?
Speaker 5: Uh myke slinger modifiers plus two?
Speaker 1: Oh you knock him unconscious?
Speaker 3: Oh, there was a hell of a slog. Just slapped him clean into a coma.
Speaker 1: He's got two HP.
Speaker 5: Guards.
Speaker 9: Jeremy's fallen unconscious somehow and he won't open the door and spend a long time looking at him.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay, so yeah, yeah it was one plus strength modifier. Okay, Well, we'll now cut now to prison guards, so far away from this prison cell, in one of the corridors of this facility, taking one on one. Your character Crag, who is a you know, he's been working here for about a week or so. He's he is a prison guard. He works here at the prison facility. You are currently walking in step besides Warden Locke, who is your boss. You know, your boots are clanking against the floor. The lights above you are flickering in uneven ways, and you are standing next to each other and the warden. He doesn't look at you when he speaks, He just talks.
Speaker 3: He just goes, yeah, I really appreciate it, Wardener, this job and everything you're giving me.
Speaker 5: It's a it's good time, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, however, you've been fighting your first week.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, I get a couple of jobs before this and all that, pastry chef, painter, mostly abstract but cubism as well as kind of my favorite style. But you know, this is this is pretty good. I got a Badge and everything. This is what I Yeah.
Speaker 1: Good, everyone's very excited that you're doing a character voice. By the way, it's great. It's good, you know, Crags. That's good to hear. I hated this job when I started out, you know, honesty, I kind of hate this job. Now it's boring in the middle of nowhere. It's good to see some people enjoying it.
Speaker 3: Just anything that caught me out of, like the the war, you know, I did it once. Not my favorite thing all the death for one thing was not good. I just anything else, you know.
Speaker 1: Piece of advice. Don't talk about your backstory around me. I do not care.
Speaker 3: Oh had we just had that conversation about me being a painter. Yeah, it seemed kind of invested in that I painted you something.
Speaker 5: I pull out a painting I made for the warden.
Speaker 1: Look, the painting is lovely and I appreciate. Oh, thank you. I appreciate that. You are my favorite prison God. Don't don't let Rosa and Fars know.
Speaker 5: Crag blushes.
Speaker 1: Sorry, Do you want to describe Crag because we have so.
Speaker 3: Crag is an ashcar So he's basically just large rock man and he's large like in terms of D and D standards. He is a big guy there, jagged kind of features, like my body is literally chiseled out of rock, and I have magma for blood. You said I was wearing boots. I was actually gonna question how how close?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Maybe, I mean you could just be bigger.
Speaker 3: I'm just picturing like the badge for the prison guard, just like nailed to my chest. Like it's not even like I'm not wearing a jacket or anything.
Speaker 5: That's incredible, like a piercing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, he goes. Do you want to hear a secret crack?
Speaker 5: You know I'm not good at keeping secrets, Warden, It's.
Speaker 1: Not gonna be long. Recently found something on this rock in the middle of nowhere that's big money, something those VANDAICRT folks would love to get their hands on. Could give me a promotion out of this dump because I know you miss me, but I yeah, well, I think it's time to celebrate. We're gonna have a party. Oh I can make a cake. We sell for the Vanda Corway. Great thing about having disposable men that will do whatever you say is you can't get in trouble for disposing them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I mean that kind of makes sense. Don't want it like a in like sort of a dick way.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, don't. I know you might have your hesitations. Don't worry. My niece is one of the six directors of Vanta Kowait I know, like, so we can get away with anything. Follow me and he leads you into the prison cells where all the prisoners are. And on the way you see Rosain Fuzz and he's like, Rosa Fuzz, follow me and you go inside the prison cell to the to the area right, and so the rest of you now see Crag Warden Locke and two other guards Rosa and Fus come into the room and he he's he puts his hands on his hips and he looks around at all the jail cells and goes, hmm, you know what, I'm in a good mood. We shouldn't do this the old fashioned way, all.
Speaker 3: Right, you Okayo's prisoners. I am Crag, son of Kronk. That's how we introduce that requirement. I have to introduce that. At first time I'm meeting somebody, I have to introduce myself that way. You said, do it the old fashion, where I'm just oh.
Speaker 1: Crag, I love you. Okay, I hug him. You're like the sun. I never had.
Speaker 5: Violence prison cell at this moment. What is going on?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but the tides are changing, the winds shift within us. You can feel it too in your soul. You could feel it too in your mind.
Speaker 5: You keep an eye open for some sort of opening for us to escape. Here, I am hugging the wardens.
Speaker 1: So he then he comes out of the hug. How many your showed? He goes, Okay, crag, you pick a prisoner and send him my way. I will get the my new weapon already, and we can have a good old fashioned celebration execution. What do you say about that. I'll be in the hangar. I'll meet you there and he he at that point he like pats you on the shoulder and he leaves. All right, And Rozain Fuzz turned around to you, Craig, and one of the goes, all right, let's get this dune. Then I vote we take that small one that keeps complaining all the time, you know, I say, we take the one that the little skibbett guy.
Speaker 3: And we well, all right, all right, hey go guys, hold on a second, let's let's try to do this like he said, execution, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we we we kill him. That's what we do.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, let's check on something really quick. Hey, do any of your prisoners, it's okay if you don't want to die, answer the prisoner's questions.
Speaker 1: Hey, prison questions. Do any of you answer his question?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean Jeremy's unconscious, unfortunately, because he would obviously be.
Speaker 9: In Jeremy to make sure he does not to this question. But he's pretty much just still lying there all looks dead already. I mean, maybe we should take him easy.
Speaker 3: He's already going through a lot. If he already died today, that's not I don't want to.
Speaker 1: We don't want to double kill him.
Speaker 5: Now, that's just rude.
Speaker 2: Is gonna say, Maybe you should volunteer a little ratman?
Speaker 1: Wow? Why you you fucking bard, your stupid cant.
Speaker 5: I don't know what that word means. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that's much means either.
Speaker 1: It means lovely woman, Okay, lovely lovely lady. That's where you are, you cat.
Speaker 3: I'll shizzle that into the old bedrock, if you know what I mean. All right, Well, I think the fair way to select somebody is just by random. So I'm just gonna shut my eyes, spin around three times, and whoever I point at, i'd say, we take them.
Speaker 1: Okay, then roll a D six. I guess Okay, here we go, and I'll tell you who you get christ five five. Oh, no, that would be Jeremy because the last water it's.
Speaker 5: I already said not Jeremy. Hold on two.
Speaker 1: Uh, then that would be yeah, that would be the skivet.
Speaker 3: All right, okay, all right, little buddy. Uh, you're gonna go. We're gonna go have a party. So I hope you like cake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, no, okay, So you're going over to his jail cell.
Speaker 3: Then I assume, yeah, yeah, I guess I'm gonna go open it with the ring of keys or key card or whatever I have.
Speaker 5: I'm assuming, yeah.
Speaker 1: You have you have a ring of keys on? Well, yeah, I guess. So it's sci fi. It's not a ring of keys. It is a key card.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's a key card, but it's very tiny. It's like the size of like.
Speaker 1: It's a key card. It's in the shape of a key. You put it in the lock and then it activates. All right, and the jail cell opens. Up and and the skivet goes, you really want to kill me?
Speaker 7: Me?
Speaker 1: I don't think I've done for you, which is being which isn't much bad, admit.
Speaker 5: I mean I just started working here. I don't remember. My memory is not the greatest.
Speaker 1: No, don't kill me. And Rosa and father like, come on, just get him. We got to kill the bastard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, job's a job, I guess, all right, I pick up the skivet.
Speaker 1: Okay, you can pigure up in one hand. Six of his arms are cuffed up. Now you are you glowy go?
Speaker 5: This is going on.
Speaker 1: You could do whatever you want if you want to do something.
Speaker 5: That's okay.
Speaker 9: I overheard him saying that it's his first week and his memory is not very good, so I'd like to lean that and casually go. You know, it's mighty interesting that in your first week you have to give the skive it, that incredible weapon over there. Seems like a strange thing to do, but obviously they're giving it to a trustable chap can't wait to see what he does with it.
Speaker 1: Rosa red fuzz are like, what fuck is he talking about?
Speaker 5: That's what your captain said before he left wasn't it. He said, pick up the skivet.
Speaker 9: And then go over and you're going to let him use the new weapon that you found. I mean, I'm pretty sure that you're smart enough to have memorized that.
Speaker 1: Aren't you. Okay, can you give me a deception then? Yeah, yeah, give me that deception role. This is on rozahred fuzz. See.
Speaker 5: Let me make a deception roll and see if this works.
Speaker 1: Do you anogy? There you go? Ten? That does not work. Ten does not. Unfortunately, they're like use of fucking a deal or something. We're not giving a weapon to this guy.
Speaker 5: Also, first of all, he's the warden, not the captain.
Speaker 1: Are Yeah, he would at least got that right. We're gonna kill him with the weapon. We're gonna kill this fucking skive He's gonna be evaporated into little pieces.
Speaker 3: And we're gonna be a party. First we're already doing a party. No no, no, we're having a party after.
Speaker 1: We kill him.
Speaker 3: No, the party was before, No, no, no, The parties after.
Speaker 5: The party was definitely before. I overheard the warden parties.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: See, I agree with that guy.
Speaker 1: He's getting ready. Ross is getting properly pissed.
Speaker 5: Off.
Speaker 1: Now if you don't listen, I'm still your superior officer. If you the party is after we blow this fucking wrap into smithereens.
Speaker 5: I think we should talk to the warden about this.
Speaker 1: The water is gonna say's that same thing, and when he does.
Speaker 3: I better ask all the same. I think I should ask for myself.
Speaker 1: Okay, so okay, yes, that argument seeming resolved, Sigma is finally going to speak up and he's like, wait, Ashcar, you there a big prison guard.
Speaker 7: Before you take that skive of the way. Me and him have some bad blood. If you're going to kill him, at least let me say one last thing to him. Bring him over here.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, here you go.
Speaker 5: The prison cells. I'm assume it's like bars, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: If they are bars, I'm going to just like lift up the skivett and like press his face against the like he's kind of squeezing.
Speaker 10: Man.
Speaker 7: This might be difficult with the size of Craig, but when he's up against the bars and he's pressing this guy up against the bars, I'm just going to be like, I'm going to say some stuff in the liking language is kind of gibberish, just like, hey, fuck you are you so blah blah blah, like just random. I'm just a riffing and lik him. And in the meantime, I'm going to attempt to make a slight of hand to take the key card from Crag.
Speaker 1: Ooh oh, not a bad idea, because you've got he's still Craig. I still assume that you have it, like in your hand. You didn't say you put it back. I I did not. Yeah, okay, so you have it in the hand, Crag. I love how willing you are to kill a guy.
Speaker 5: I mean, that's that's the job.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I've had some jobs up until now, and you know, I definitely have some reservations about it. But hey, okay, I've been here a week. I don't know if this is my first execution.
Speaker 1: I know it's definitely your first execution. Oh it is. Up to this point, you didn't think there was a killer evolved. Okay, So give me the slide of hand sigma and it would just be against Crag's passive perception, which is not great, which is not great.
Speaker 5: Beats it.
Speaker 1: That beats it. Yeah, So describe to me how you're slipping it out of out of his hand.
Speaker 7: So it's literally like with the size of crag in the way, I don't think anyone else except for Vow will be able to see what I'm doing. And I'm just like right up in this Skivett's face as like my hands go through the bar and just where I saw him put the key, card or whatever, I'll just I'll just slip it.
Speaker 1: He probably has it in like warn of cracks in his stowed body. He's not wearing clothes apparently, So it's yeah, and you successfully get this like this key, and Vow smiles at you and goes, m you are very intelligent. Indeed, I could use a man like you.
Speaker 5: I'm the think car. You are the bronze.
Speaker 3: I pulled the Skivviett away. It's like, all right, you have anything to respond to that.
Speaker 1: I didn't understand the fucking word he said. He said a bunch of wolfshit just houd in my hair. I don't like it.
Speaker 5: He said you and he and you had some bad blood.
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 5: Oh no, sorry, that was my mistake. I'll Skivet's look the same to me. Take him away.
Speaker 3: Oh shit, hey, we will not stand for that kind of rhetoric around here.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I turned to the other guards, like, do we stand for that other rhetoric around here?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't. We'll take it too fucking long. Just get him. The ward is gonna be upset. We don't fucking kill this guy soon.
Speaker 3: All right, all that, It all comes back to killing people on the battlefields. It was killing people at the pastry shop. It was we better get fucking used to it, because that's the job. We kill people because they deserve.
Speaker 1: No, I get it.
Speaker 5: Every job involves killing at some point. All right, all right, I'm gonna, I.
Speaker 3: Guess, walk off with the other guards because I don't want to keep the warden waiting.
Speaker 1: I guess, Craig, you do just leave? Then, Well you're on your way out, do you guys want to I'm heading towards You can see them now, walking towards the door with with the skivet in his hand.
Speaker 5: Did they close my cell?
Speaker 1: They did? Close yourself, yeah, Crackol told yourself, don't worry. Yeah yeah, yeah. The veda is very like unnoticeable, so they were not even yeah. Okay, well so Sigma, you now have a.
Speaker 7: Key, yes, and the guards have left the room, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, unless you guys are doing anything before they leave the room? Is anybody doing anything before they leave the room.
Speaker 9: I have noticed that he stole the key, so I would like to leaving. Jeremy, have you.
Speaker 1: Noticed that he? Have you noticed your passive seion at eighteen?
Speaker 3: He?
Speaker 5: Okay? In that case, I haven't noticed, and I haven't toward the bars.
Speaker 9: Kind of grab and say if I can lean forward and just see who's in the cell's names. I've heard the conversation, but I haven't seen the people yet. You now, soon the guards go. I want to try and have a chat. But the guards are still here right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you are all waiting for them to leave. So then I guess, Craig, you leave with the two guards, and you are now in the corridor walking away. Rest of you you are They guards have now left.
Speaker 9: I'd like to lean forward and kind of whisper on the side, Liken, Liken, aren't you next to me?
Speaker 5: You just see like my muzzle come out through the bars. Yes, brilliant.
Speaker 9: I'm want to ask you a question, be honest, and I don't really care what the answer is. If I can find a way to get us out of here, will you help me. I don't care what you do when we're gone. I just need to get out of here today it would be my blazer.
Speaker 7: And as he says that, I will scan the key card onto my jail cell and the doll will swing open.
Speaker 5: Oh bloody hell, that was easy.
Speaker 1: You and Vou step out of your cell, and val goes, yeah, well that was very impressive, Sigma.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 1: You think I was impressive? Oh, yes, very much. So oh you think I mean?
Speaker 5: I just you know, it's just the regular stuff we do at home.
Speaker 7: Anybody can do this, and at this moment there is a very touching but the guards have left and they will be coming back soon, so we're gonna first.
Speaker 5: Effect.
Speaker 1: I will say that at this moment, though, there is a sudden like explosion but with no damage, like a burst of like black light near you, and this other tow just appears in front of you, and she turns to Voo and goes, Captain Vau, you're right. The the shard is on the planet somewhere, and Vow goes, okay, good, good good, and then they both just disappear.
Speaker 5: I should have tried to escape with her.
Speaker 1: Like there's like this almost like void magic just like whoop, and they just disappear.
Speaker 7: Okay, I'm gonna run over to rick Plans cell, But before I scan the card, I'm like, you human, what is it you do?
Speaker 9: My name is Rick. I was a captain in the Union of Man. I was betrayed and I've ended up here. There was a series of unfortunate events, but I can guarantee I did the right thing.
Speaker 5: He let me out. O't explain on the.
Speaker 1: Way, do you do? See behind him is an unconscious man. I think he's slowly coming to now. He's slowly like, oh, what was what's going on?
Speaker 9: That's Jeremy Why I stapped him when I got it, hit him a little bit hard, knocked HI unconscious, and Tyler my fault. I'll take the blame for that one. Understandable. Rick, you said you were a captain like I was. I was a starship captain, especially the ship. You have a ship, Well, we can acquire one. I just don't have to fly fantastic. We can find somebody who does if we can't. Pretend. I do.
Speaker 7: A scan al scan al scan his jail cell, and then I'll run over to Novena's cell.
Speaker 9: When the door opens, I'll have to go and throw Jeremy over my shoulder and carry him out as well.
Speaker 1: What was happening?
Speaker 9: He goes back to being unconscious, because that'll be easy, just continuously slap him.
Speaker 6: I assume, uh, Novena and Sigma will know each other a little bit from being in this prison for quite a long time.
Speaker 1: A little bit you would have seen each other, like you know, from across the mining camp.
Speaker 7: Uh yeah, yeah, but you don't know. Sigma probably has approached you to some point and mentioned trying to escape. Yeah yeah, but now he will. He will come to yourself again. He's like, looks like my plan is finally working. Let's say, are you on board?
Speaker 5: Just as it began to get quiet here aquatically? What can you do?
Speaker 1: Do you do fly?
Speaker 5: Do you have weaponry?
Speaker 1: What is it? I pray?
Speaker 5: Packet?
Speaker 1: Sure, okay, that's okay.
Speaker 5: You can stay here.
Speaker 1: You might be right that.
Speaker 5: I don't think we need a priest with us, do we?
Speaker 9: I mean, to be fair, we're gonna need some prayers to get out of here.
Speaker 5: Do you want to escape? I mean, we can leave you here if you want. I've got a bad line by tonight, but we don't need to take.
Speaker 2: You out I would rather not stay here, if I'm completely honest, I've had quite enough of this.
Speaker 9: Because there's gonna be like the kind of thing where you say it's fine, but it's not really fine, and we have to read between the lines every time you say something you need to be we're in wuld be direct.
Speaker 5: Please, it's going to be a lot easier if we know what you want to do.
Speaker 2: I will come with you.
Speaker 5: Fantastic, Let's get around this cell. I scan, I scan the key card.
Speaker 1: Okay, perfect, you did boop. It's it's making a lot more noise than you expected. Its super locked because it opens again and you sort of stumble out than Navena and you guys are in the prison corridor. Meanwhile, Crag, you're now in the corridor corridor with Rozain Fuzz and the.
Speaker 5: The skill holding the skills.
Speaker 1: Why do I want to die? Come on? Wait, maybe we should play a game. Do you want to roll dice? And if I win, then you don't kill me? I can't say I don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so yeah, I think we'll walking and carrying him way will.
Speaker 1: Probably just slap him at that point to go shut the fuck up. Don't talk to the prisoner.
Speaker 3: Crag, You moron, I look at I'm going to intimidate him. You know, It's like he's like, that's that's he just hit a button on that one.
Speaker 1: Oh, because he called you a moron. He called me a fucking moron. He's gotten quite frustrated with you because a you're insisting there's a party before the execution to be taking a long time to thirteen thirteen.
Speaker 3: I'll have you know I attended community college.
Speaker 1: I didn't know you guys had formal education. We usually don't.
Speaker 9: I did.
Speaker 3: I was the first person on my family to attend a higher university.
Speaker 5: Everybody else dies in the war.
Speaker 3: I decided to better myself, and I will not have this kind of behavior, especially in the workplace.
Speaker 1: He gets looked, he looks you dead in the eyes. You know what I was. I was the warden's favorite before you came along. And you've come in here and you fucked everything up for me. I probably would have been the next warden. But now maybe it would have been better if you died on one of those battlefields.
Speaker 3: Angry Kronk noises, Uh, Crag noises, Sorry, Cronk's my dad. I'm meditating my father. I'm meditating my father. All right, Okay, who's this guy's name again?
Speaker 1: This is Rosa. You know what, Rosa?
Speaker 3: Ever since I started here all those days ago, I knew I wasn't going to like you from the beginning, you know what. I quit, and I hit him really hard in the fucking face.
Speaker 1: Okay, as you say, I quit, We're going to come back to the other players.
Speaker 2: Where are you?
Speaker 5: Where you guys going is? I mean, what are the ways out of this place?
Speaker 1: There really is only one door, and that's that is that corridor where.
Speaker 7: Okay, we're going to need to find a ship, and one of us is going to need to fly it.
Speaker 9: That's not a problem. We found a ship. I'm sure I can fly for generally, I probably can. Let's just kindle that happen.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to pilot a ship. I never went.
Speaker 5: Just just calm down, Jeremy, calm down.
Speaker 1: Can put me down first? Please?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I'm so hungry, Jeremy.
Speaker 9: We will deal with your problems later, right, Sigma, and it was it Nevena. That's right, fantastic. The problems we're going to face are the three guards. Now, I think the slightly larger one seems to have a bit of a sense of justice about them, and they don't strike me as the kind of god that's gone to college. So I think we can that we are in fact allowed to leave.
Speaker 5: Uh huh oh.
Speaker 7: I believe if we get them along, you could very well convince them.
Speaker 5: How about if we get to violence, how are you at fighting?
Speaker 9: Like a.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you put the weapon in my hand. I'm a lethal force. Okay, what if we don't have a weapon, then I will be in trouble. What kind of weapon do we need? Give me a dagg or a gun. I'd love guns. It is my specialty.
Speaker 5: Okay, Jeremy, you've got a gun on you.
Speaker 9: I don't, Jeremy, but I'm taking any chance I can, rightfully.
Speaker 1: Terrified of guds. My friend tried to give me a gud. What's to be like to add like a shooting range? And I dropped it and accidentally shot myself at the foot.
Speaker 9: Jeremy, your friend stole a burger and you ended up in jail. And your friend stole a gun and you shot yourself on the foot. The common denominator in these stories is you Navina Sigma. I've got a plan, a rick plan. I say, we send Jeremy in first and just kind of see what happens, because if it's anything like the stories he's been telling, it's gonna be good.
Speaker 1: Okay, Jeremy goes what I assumed. You just push him into the corridor.
Speaker 9: I'm going to grab Jeremy by the neck and by the kind of top of his trousers and just as far as I can throw him down the corridor toward the bit we can't see.
Speaker 1: So Crag, all of a sudden, you turn to attack this guy. But as you do, Jeremy the like the man, the whiny man, he gets thrown down the corridor and sort of lands there and looks up terrified and do you want to still do your role to attack?
Speaker 3: Though I would not notice any of this because I am enraged, Like right now, I am like so pissed off at this guy Crags, like eyes literally light on fire, and I'm just like, you have insulted me and my intelligence, and I'm swinging the skivet into this guy's face. Sorry, I mean no, no, no, it's like I am I am just focused on rage right now. I'm not even thinking I'm holding the skivet. I go to punch him. I'm just happen to still be holding the skivet. He's getting punched in the face with this guy.
Speaker 1: Man, Okay, so right, God, I guess that's an That would be some sort of improvised weapon.
Speaker 5: It would be. Do we see this happening?
Speaker 1: No, you guys don't see it because you've just thrown Jeremy in there. So you're just listening.
Speaker 5: So this is all happening like kung currently to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've given you improvised weapon on your sheet just like that. Twelve twelve is actually not enough to hit Rosa. So what happens is you are you just hits a ross. The only puzzle wh gets hurt here is the skivet goes. Fuck what a fuck? Hey man, I was not designed for being a weapon. I was designed for selling goods and trade. Are you looking to buy?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 3: So after I swing and I guess he I hit the skivet into the wall, and I'm just like, all right, oh shit, I let the anger get the best of me again. Oh okay, and then yourself into this Jeremy lands and stands up.
Speaker 1: It goes I'm here to break out. Rosa will take a turn now he's gonna raise up his gun and he's gonna pointed at Jeremy and say get back into yours. What are you doing out? And then Fuzz, who hasn't spoken a little while, will just go just fucking shoot him. It's fine, and Rosa will go okay, And Rosa is going to shoot Jeremy.
Speaker 5: Oh who Jeremy.
Speaker 1: We'll see if he hits. Good chance he misses, good chance he hits. Jeremy has nine armor class because he's got minus one to his dexterity. Nineteen hits that's massive damage for Jerreedy. Four is double Jeremy's maximum hit points of two. So Rosa fires the gun, it blasts out and just disintegrates Jeremy.
Speaker 9: Who and I've thrown Jeremy down the corridor. There's been a moment, we've heard a skivit cry and then just a lot of blood and gore just splatters back across the corridor.
Speaker 7: But importantly, but importantly, a gunshot and I lock eyes with Rick.
Speaker 5: And I'm like, they have a guy.
Speaker 9: I could take it. How quickly can you move? I think you can move bloody quickly. I'm gonna take that as a signal and start running down. R. Craig as well, oh you're od I did not know you're there.
Speaker 1: You go, yeah, I.
Speaker 9: Would like to step forward just before you go and go, I know you can do this, Sigma. You're going to run down, You're going to grab that gun, and you're going to solo whatever's in that room because I believe in you.
Speaker 5: Oh he is so inspired.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you have bought inspiration.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna start sprinting down the corridor.
Speaker 1: He starts spreading down the corridor. Crag, you do just see Rosa blow this guy up with a singular gunshot. Did the war did order you to kill that guy?
Speaker 5: We were supposed to bring this guy to be executed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but like, well, their lives are worse than dirt, their criminals. We could do whatever we want with them.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 3: I think Crag might have not thought this through about joining this organization.
Speaker 1: Okay, and this at this point, you now see Sigma run down the corridor, and I think we'll probably now roll for initiative. Crag does not have a penis. Ashcar do not have penises. Okay, the battle begins.
Speaker 7: Sorry everyone on YouTube watching this, and it's like, okay, guys roll for initiative.
Speaker 5: Crag does not have a penis.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what it's gonna be.
Speaker 5: Events.
Speaker 1: Okay, Sigma, you run in there and immediately it is pockets turned first. But Pocket is still being restrained by Crag, so I don't think he could do He's still skiet. He's the skivet. Sorry, now that he's rolled, he goes Pocket and you were released, b But like until he's released on a hand handcuffs, he can't really do anything. And actually, initiative wise, we got three seventeen's. I'm gonna have you guys first, So and Rick plan it is now your turn, but you're still buy the prison cells. So I don't know if you're waiting for Sigma to do something or you're going to do it something.
Speaker 9: Now, Navina, listen to me. He's running in by himself, and he's going to try and grab that gun. Now, I don't know what we're going to face. I don't know what he's going to face, but it's going to play up far better if we go and support him. So I say, you and I run in screaming and create a distraction simply to make whatever he's grabbing a little bit easier.
Speaker 2: Well, I am combat trained.
Speaker 9: I could relate and scream your combat trend.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, absolutely.
Speaker 9: How's that word? You pray to God that you're good at combat and then that hobe It works? No, I hit people, Namina, Are you telling me that you can hit someone?
Speaker 2: Of course, it would be much easier without these things on.
Speaker 5: I'll deal with that.
Speaker 9: I'd like to try and use sleight of hands to pick the lock, if that's possible.
Speaker 1: Oh, I did assume that Sigma had undone your cuffs with the same key, oh, and unlocked the cuff as well. Yeah, yeah, yeah, because it's like, yeah, ah, it's it's a universal key. Yeah, so I would have tried it, yeah, yeah, said yes, yeah, because we didn't just run in their cup. You guys are still curved. And Jeremy was our cuff too when he cavid, but he did just die immediately.
Speaker 9: Nadina, how about this, We'll both run in whatever we see around the corner, the closest thing to us. I'll shout them and distract them. You continue running and hit the next thing, and then we'll just well, we'll kind of hope that Sigma is going to be able to grab the gun.
Speaker 2: I will, I will do my best.
Speaker 9: Okay, you do it to attempt to sprint into the room, and then whichever thing that I work out is an enemy closer to us, because I'm not entirely sure we're going to expect I would like to use on my attacks on that.
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you have no weapons at the moment right to.
Speaker 5: Try and use vicious mockery.
Speaker 1: So you you run into the corridor and you see the ashes and blood of Jeremy's corpse on the ground, and you see Rosa still holding the gun over like pointed in that direction, and he looks up at you and goes, oh, what the fuck are they all doing out here?
Speaker 9: Welldon Jeremy, he said, exactly what you need to do. You with the gun, I can tell exactly why you used to be the guard's favorite.
Speaker 5: You can't even fight in melee? What are you?
Speaker 1: Okay, he's gotta do a saving throw, give me the D six damage. What so it's going to do one damage.
Speaker 5: Damage with an insult is pretty good. It's more about the vibe.
Speaker 1: Critically, he's saving through So not only do you rule the worst damage, he just doesn't here.
Speaker 3: He's like.
Speaker 1: And he's going to be shooting you.
Speaker 5: I tries what you want to you now? Yeah, Vina short?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so yeah, Navina will dash in and I assumed to the other one that rick Plan has not started lambasting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Fuzz is there as well, who's just standing there next to Crag.
Speaker 6: And Navina will kind of run and do a bit of a jump because she is sure.
Speaker 1: I do want to stress at this point, you still don't know like Crag is also like you. Crag is also a target for you guys, right because he's Yeah, you didn't see Crag try to attack Rosa.
Speaker 6: I will go out on a limb and say that Navina would not choose Crag as her main target because he is.
Speaker 5: A very large thing, very large.
Speaker 3: I'm holding a skippe in one hand and a big fucking like war pick in another one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 6: Think I think she's just gonna go up and punch Buzz in the face or give me attempts to.
Speaker 1: So what you shaking your your hand into for this, because because you're semi to Latinous, you can shake your hands to be in different shapes with different weapons and whatever.
Speaker 6: So yeah, it's gonna at this point just change into a sort of corb type of things. It's just gonna round off and become a bit bulbous, almost almost like when someone's like blowing glass.
Speaker 1: Okay, like okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: That's just a big bulbous thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, like a like a boxer from an old video game seventeen is going to hit. So do me the damage thing's gonna hurt. The damage is ten you. This is that's a hit point. Are you going to do it no lethally or lethally? Here, I'm going to do it non lethally. Okay, okay, so you just I're.
Speaker 5: Gonna run up jump and just swing across the jaw with this big bulbous thing.
Speaker 1: And Fozz goes, what's God? His teeth go flying out. He collapses to the ground unconscious. Rossigo what the fuck? And it is now Ross's turn, and he's got a gun poised, Oh god, and he might now shoot at Unavena because despite rick Plan's best efforts, Rick Plan doesn't come off as a threat. You do. So he turns round to you and he's going to fire his pistol and miss, I guess you gracefully dodge out of the wave. Hits into the wall behind you and now shooting me as I was like falling from the Oh yeah, underneath it. She's too fucking quick. What sort of prisoners are these? Yeah, this seems.
Speaker 3: To have gone billy up pretty quickly. Hey, I just quit. Are any of you guys looking to hire somebody for anything?
Speaker 11: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Rick plan, I know what.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna shout that, at Rick. I'm shouting that specifically, at Rick. Yeah, is this a trick or nah? I'm just looking for a job at the moment. You know how it goes?
Speaker 5: Okay, Well, well, how about this. We're attempting to escape.
Speaker 9: If you can lead us to a shuttle, I'm more than happy to have a chat with you while we're on the shuttle about you joining us. I just think right now it's a little bit chaotic. And did you see what she did? My god?
Speaker 5: I know, I mean, one hit kill.
Speaker 3: I mean I've seen a lot of people die before, so I'm kind of desensitized to it. It's a little bit of a problem, to be honest with you. But you know, other than that, Yeah, it's pretty oppressed.
Speaker 1: Aim.
Speaker 5: I was a captain in the military. I've killed loads of people. I regret mid it. You're in the military.
Speaker 3: I was kind of in the military, all right, crag sort of crag ah, nice to meet you all right now about this job, does it have benefits?
Speaker 5: What are we talking about? Like a four h one k kind of package sort of.
Speaker 1: Deal or Greg.
Speaker 5: I'm going to level with you.
Speaker 9: The plan right now is to give them the shovement escape. I've got some scores to settle with the Union of men above me. I don't entirely know what these guys are doing, but they welcome to come within us. At the time being, I think we can get out of here. Then we can discuss either employment self employment, or we can drop you off somewhere where you might find work. I mean, what are you into cubism painting? I just got done with the painting. But cost some people died there. Actually, everybody seems to die wherever I send to work. It's it's it's really a problem.
Speaker 3: Shuttle Bay.
Speaker 5: Shuttle Bay is down the hall to the right, here the keys right here.
Speaker 1: Oh, I love to hear.
Speaker 5: I love made a decision.
Speaker 9: I'm here because I made a decision that heard me in my career. But it's say the hell of a lot of lives. I'm happy to tell you all about it. How about we spend some time seeing who we can save instead of who we can kill.
Speaker 3: That's fine, but I don't have my key. I need to find my key in order to get out of here.
Speaker 5: Oh man, don't want to come with you?
Speaker 1: I guess, Yeah, it's cragging. Is your turn? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 5: I kind of just you talking to Rick.
Speaker 1: Okay, I need to find the key.
Speaker 5: I lost my keys, this key thing I needed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, Sigma, it is now your turn.
Speaker 5: Yeah, continuing his run seeing the the was it Fuzz that got dropped?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Fuzz just got dropped.
Speaker 5: Fuzz also have a weapon?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Fuzz has a gun and a baton on him.
Speaker 7: Okay, then I think I'm going to like run and like slide down on the floor, grab the gun from the corpse of go Yeah, perfect, Buzz.
Speaker 1: What is he dead or is he's unconscious? He's unconscious?
Speaker 7: Okay, he's unconscious.
Speaker 5: I'm going to use the blast pistol against Rosa. It's less remaining, okay, so you yeah?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 1: And I think, Craig, are you now hostile towards Rosa? Would you say?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So yes? I would be so he's within five feet of Rosas, so you will get your sneak attacked down. I can have a sneak. Let's see, I have becoming our time you hit. So you slide on the ground, grabbing the pistol, buff buff, firing off the blast pistol with sneak attack ten damage. That's that's lethal. So you will just kill Rosa. How are you doing it?
Speaker 5: I'm just naming at his head water done drop.
Speaker 1: Him and his head explodes across the back of the wall and he drops down onto the ground dead. Do you guys? Just one shot the two.
Speaker 5: Guards as I.
Speaker 7: As I stand up and he falls, I'll put the blast pistol into my empty whole stuff from you know, when they took my stuff when we got here, and I'll turn to Crag and I'll be like, I found your keycart that was on the floor.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Okay, sorry, I would have gotten fired for that if I didn't already quit. Okay, all right, then, oh yeah, let's head to the shuttle bay. Let's get the let's get that. I guess all the stuff flowing them as well. I'll turn to the vener and be like, so when I asked you what you did, and you said pray. I was hoping you would mention something like this as well, but good to know.
Speaker 5: For the future.
Speaker 2: It didn't seem relevant at the time.
Speaker 1: Okay, the skippitt is gonna say, hey, if you guys old buddy, buddy, now, can you unlock me a you're alive?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 5: You think I would die?
Speaker 1: What is it you do? I work in in the markets, and I steal things. I'm really good at stealing things and then reselling them. We don't have to I don't have to be around the bush here. I'm a crook. I'm a fucking thief. I steal ship.
Speaker 5: The honesty. I think you should come with us.
Speaker 1: Oh, i'd be literally it sounds like that's this whole place is going to ship, so I'll come.
Speaker 5: The biggest sigh you've ever heard. Hey, she's great, isn't he? She's lovely? Well, we're best friends, being this.
Speaker 1: One obviously pointing.
Speaker 5: Jeremy dying and YouTube joining us. I have three cuffs on, please unlock them. Yeah, crack, yeah, you're coming with us?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 9: Cool?
Speaker 5: Great, But I bet you're happy about this, not dying at all.
Speaker 1: He's going to pick up. I guess he will is any there's there's an there are still more weapons on the ground if somebody else wants to pick up a gun.
Speaker 5: So I see weapons, I can. I can give you a piece of like a knife or something if you need it.
Speaker 1: I would love it, all right.
Speaker 3: I take my like it's a great axe, but it's like a like a giant mining pick basically, and just knock off like chips a part of my arm.
Speaker 5: And you could use those as like knives.
Speaker 1: Holy shit.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I mean the ski they're just pieces of obsidian basic. That's rad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the skipt is gonna grab one of those and just be like, yazy fucking ferve it matey, how you use those things?
Speaker 5: I don't entirely trust you. Ashcar, flesh cuts harder than flesh.
Speaker 1: You're rick, Are you picking up the other gun? Yeah?
Speaker 5: When he's at Ashcar, flesh cuts out of the flesh.
Speaker 9: I'm looking at the bit of obsidian he's given me my own skin and being like he's probably right.
Speaker 5: You know, that's a little bit of Ashcar humor.
Speaker 3: You know most of most uh, you know, creatures out there have like soft, fleshy bodies, no offense to you with the soft, fleshy, watery bodies, of course, but uh, you know we're built, we're sterner stuff.
Speaker 5: So about this hangout anyway, I would know what? No, why did you become a god?
Speaker 1: Said?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, I just answered an ad.
Speaker 1: You just do on jobs?
Speaker 8: Is that what you do?
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 1: An un jobs man?
Speaker 3: Kind of looking around for a place to call my own, you know, kind of reason I went to college.
Speaker 1: You went to college.
Speaker 5: I did, indeed, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Majored in philosophy and minor in knowledge. Oh yeah, it was just a community college. I couldn't afford much. I got in on like an aid program. I was the first ash Car to attend. Actually, so it's a coalition college, not an ash call one.
Speaker 5: Oh no, we don't have colleges.
Speaker 3: We just have the scorched battlegrounds of my uncle that have died over plenty of generations.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's what I assumed. Yeah you could listen. I run a mechanist shop when I used to before I got arrested. I'm always looking for you, but you're looking to hire some I haven't done that yet. And we bide and sell like parts that we acquire, we steal. I'm not gonna beat around the bush. Okay, this is as you're unlocking him. He's got the sigmuad. What are you saying about the hanger?
Speaker 5: I was just telling Crack to lead us to the hangar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know where that is.
Speaker 5: Let's like, let's go.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you know this, but there's usually like alarums that sound when this happens, so we should probably at that point the alarm.
Speaker 5: Sounds right there, yep.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, So you guys continue down the corridor until eventually you open into a clearing into this hangar. But as you come into the clearing, you see balloons, you see confetti, you see a big banner that says happy first week. Crag.
Speaker 3: I know there was a party.
Speaker 1: The warden courts around with a caker goes, oh you're here. Did you break? You took a while, but I made you. Wait. What are all the prisoners doing?
Speaker 12: They wanted to come to the party to now we wanted to kill you, says Pocket. I'm like, well, you know how he is, Greg, I've got an idea.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Now, I think that if you tell the warden that you are escorting us to the shuttle Bay, because you wanted to put us all onto a shuttle and then to celebrate your first week, launch the shuttle and blow it up like a giant firework. But when we get to the shuttle, we do all of that part of the plan, but without the blowing up bit.
Speaker 5: Makes it.
Speaker 3: Craig has an angel and a demon on his shoulder, and uh, yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: You going to try Are you going to try and convince the warden of that?
Speaker 5: H I'm an intelligent man, and I believe you can do this. Your college educated I believe in.
Speaker 3: You, and I appreciate you. But I appreciate that I do. But the thing is like the war, it's been nice to me and he's thrown me a party. I mean like I feel like I would be Yeah, I got to attend my party.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah. The warden says, whoa, there's no party until you put these prisoners back in their cells.
Speaker 5: Can we maybe work out a thing where we just kind of go and that we do the party as well?
Speaker 1: Insubordination is a crime, crag I was, So I'm going to behind crags back, turn to Rick and I'm going to be like, Okay, what if I just killed the warden.
Speaker 9: Now, stigma. I'm going to be honest with you. I kind of envisioned escaping with you. Everything else that's involved in this scenario is I'm not going to lie, making my job at TAD harder. I think the plans I form from now on are going to involve you, me and the Vellinari girl Crag. I don't think we're going to be able to get rid of I think we have to just kind of accept is here.
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 9: Wait, right, are you implying that you trust me? I don't know if I trust you or not, but I am implying right now, and I'll be honest.
Speaker 5: I need you. So which guard do you want to take? I'll grab the other one?
Speaker 1: Sorry, there is alrely one guy here, and it's the warden. There is just one, and I'm having a conversation with him right at the moment. There is just the warden.
Speaker 5: By the way, I having a conversation with Crag. Do you want to just run up and stab him or something? I'll race you. I could shoot him from here. Do that?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 5: That sounds a lot simpler I.
Speaker 3: Was putting in my resignation letter. By the way, I just wanted to say, I just don't think this is a a I don't think it's a healthy work environment for me.
Speaker 1: You have your contract is for five years, crag. You can't quit.
Speaker 5: No, I'm definitely quitting.
Speaker 1: No, you can't quit. If you quit, that's a crime.
Speaker 3: No, I'm quitting. I'm currently leaving. I just I appreciate it for the party though. I really like that, Crag.
Speaker 1: If you quit, you are a criminal, and you know what we do with criminals here on eight fight Wait wait, wait, wait.
Speaker 3: Wait, I don't okay, I'm a little bit out of touch here with your like this is all new to me. Is criminal a job? Because I don't think I've done that one yet.
Speaker 1: It's it is now.
Speaker 7: I'm going to try and blast the warden from where?
Speaker 1: Right? Wait? Well yeah, I mean we're gonna We're.
Speaker 5: Gonna behind me and I'm like a large creature, so I'm cover.
Speaker 1: So there you go. So Rick, actually you're actually thirty initiative order.
Speaker 8: Rick.
Speaker 1: You see Sigma Pola has gone ready to fire. Is there anything you want to do? Yes?
Speaker 9: Can I both use a spell and then a bartic inspiration as a bonus fuction? Of course you can, Rellian, I'd like to use vicious mockery on the guard that Crag is currently talking to.
Speaker 1: All right, do it.
Speaker 5: Been here one day?
Speaker 9: I've already seen two of you die, four of us are skaped. This is not gonna get a good review when I get back to the Union.
Speaker 1: All right, So he's gonna do a wisdom ten. That is a fail. So roy the damage for vicious mockery. He goes, what ah not the.
Speaker 5: Union of Man.
Speaker 1: I don't technically work for them. I work out the court, but I do have an allegiance there somehow. Oh my brain, and yes, you hurt him, and he's gonna have a disadvantage on his next attack. It is Pocket's turn. Pocket senses for my most action. Can I just lean over to Sigma and go, you shoot him in the head.
Speaker 5: I'll buy you a beer. Partic inspiration.
Speaker 1: You have partic inspiration, Sigma.
Speaker 5: I still, I actually still have the originalt against.
Speaker 1: Think you still. Pocket is gonna run over now with his obsidian shard in hand. He's going to swing and miss the warden. Sigma. It is now your turn. But he now has an enemy within five feet of him, so you will get sneak attack damage.
Speaker 7: I don't like the warden. Oh gosh, and then you know what the Captain Rick Plant told me, A blast him in the head.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go ahead blast him, you know you, miss.
Speaker 7: I get to roll whenever I fail, Yeah, whenever I fail to check, I get to roll my body inspirations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, give you the D six.
Speaker 5: One ten. You fail.
Speaker 1: You to be honest, you've got performance anxiety. You for give it a job.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm going to because that's a light weapon.
Speaker 7: What I can do with my wolf clause is as part of the attack action, I can make a second attack cool with my jaws.
Speaker 5: I will run fully around crag and around pocket now to get on the other side of the warden and bring up my claw to try and try and slash it him so much.
Speaker 1: That missus man. You you so you're mad right now?
Speaker 13: You?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: I used to role.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you you shoot the gun and Warden Locke just sort of he's over his head. He goes what the hell is going on? And you charge him with the claw and he like blocks it with his arm that you now notice is entirely made of like metals. He's doing all that's while holding a cake that's he's dropped the cake at this point. The cake is now a mush on the ground. It's all over your feet, Sigma, And are you doing anything else?
Speaker 5: I don't think I can.
Speaker 1: Okay, Navina, you're urop okay.
Speaker 6: Uh Navena's going to turn to uh rick clan and say, and mister plan, should I again?
Speaker 2: Should I do the same again?
Speaker 9: Do you mean should you turn your watery arm into some kind of anvil of death and crack his jaw off?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Why not?
Speaker 5: It seems like a great plan. Give it a go.
Speaker 6: Okay, So she's gonna run behind Crag and yeah, do the same again. Uh, this is like glass bulb thing. I'm just trying to crack crack mister.
Speaker 1: Warden on the jaw a right, you're coming over, You're you cut a bulbous hand, and you particually fail. The first critical fail of the campaign is you. He's like, to be honest, he now dodges that as well, and he goes, that's why you are prisoners, and I'm the fucking warded. This our PrV is just that this guy is in fucking crazy this Yeah, oh my gosh, Crag, it is now your.
Speaker 3: Okay, Crag just looks u you know, full of melancholy down at the cake as a perfect represent This is a perfect representation of my life at the moment. All right, well, Warden, you've been good to me. I guess this won't work this way. I guess we got to do it. The ashcar away and I breathe fucking fire on him.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, okay, so they have breath weapons. Becuse have got molten core. So sorry, there's no way you could breathe fire without hitting the veda and pocket.
Speaker 5: Isn't there option to be in a line?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you can do a line? Yeah, my bad line?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the material.
Speaker 1: So he's going to do a deck save right, yeah, which he fails, and he's going to take the five fire damages that lights him up. Good? Are u Ashkar bastards?
Speaker 5: I said I quit, No man cannot make another man quit. You have another quit?
Speaker 1: You've not read section thirty two in your Employee's had book. Well, I wanted to test this new weapon on one of the prisoners. But he pulls out this massive, uh like from the from his back that was in like a pack. He pulls out this massive like launcher, almost like a laser cannon that he puts on his shoulder. And he's going to fire it in a straight line that will hit Crag but also hit rike Plan behind him. I need both of you to do a dexterity saving for him. Oh, Cracks will take thirteen damage, which is enough to knock both of you unconscious if you fail. All right, Crag, that's actually not bad. Yeah, sixteen succeeds. So Josh Ripays with the twenty and Crag with the sixteen. Both succeed despite your minus one. He pulls up this beam, it fires through the air. Crag, you manage to dodge out the way. You're only grazed, Rickplan, how are you dodging it?
Speaker 9: I like to say this kind of beam being fired toward me and realize that I'm too far away to do anything right now. So I want to kind of forward roll toward the beam, effectively going under it, underneath it.
Speaker 5: When it finishes, I just stand up a lot closer.
Speaker 9: To him.
Speaker 1: And okay, making your So you do take seven damage and the beam of light strikes into the wall behind you, and then you hear sirens start going off, noise, every everything's flashing red and the water is like fuck, that's not good. Okay, Rick Plan is now back to your turn.
Speaker 9: I was a stand up. You hear that Crag, that's your party. That shows that we are leaving, and that shows that we are getting out of here.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I agree with you. Yeah, that's that's probably a good sign for that.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I would like to attempt to lunge. Can I lunge past Crag and go to the guard because you're in.
Speaker 1: Between and then the guard twenty twenty four rules you can just move through people. This doesn't count as difficult to train.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yep, kneel down. I'm going to jump off your shoulders.
Speaker 1: All right, that's the way we do this. I like this is fun.
Speaker 9: I would like to run forward, great, stepping up into the air with one of my legs and placing it on Crag's shoulders, amazing, pushing off, and as I do that, I'd like to pull out the shard of obsidian that he's given me. And then as I land effectively on the warden in front, I'd like to try and bring the blade down either into his side of his neck or just wrapping my arms around him and grabbing him and trying to give him disadvantage for everyone else.
Speaker 1: So you're trying to do a grappled which, okay, hold on, given me two.
Speaker 9: Options here anywhere you can't move, so other people are going to have any easier time hitting him.
Speaker 1: So are you grappling him or are you stabbing him?
Speaker 9: I don't trust myself to stam. I'm gonna jump off crag and just kind of grab him and hold him still.
Speaker 1: Grappling is a lot easier. Now he just does a saving throw and he's relatively strong. You know, he's he's ripped, so he's going to do a strength save against your DC which is fourteen. So you come down on top of him. He critically fails the saving throw, so you wrap your arms around him, and he is now restrained by you and has disadvantage against everyone but you.
Speaker 5: As soon as I've grabbed him, I just like to beg and on team. We're getting out of here right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, Pockets turn at Pockets Day. You guys are fucking crazy, and I love It's he's going to use the shard and he's going to hit the guy twenty four damage.
Speaker 5: Navena hates Pocket, but I fucking love him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sigma, it's your turn.
Speaker 7: Okay, can I get advantage on my mail attacks against the sky because he grappled.
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't know. If I don't, may fuck it. Let's say you do. Let's just say you do. I don't know. Actually you know I need to. I'm granting you advantage because the rick plans a incredible jump in the air, even if it's not the case, Let's do it. Nineteen for the claw attack with my sneak attack damage. Yes, so you are nineteen attack twelve damage. That is not enough to finish him off, but he gets him very low as you sliced into him with the claw. Yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 7: I have another claw, so I'm gonna attempt again to strike its do the damage without sneak attack without modifier.
Speaker 1: This time, it's just who is not enough damage to finish him off with your second claw. He is on the tiniest fraction of life. He's like whoa wait wait, wait, wait, hold up, hold up, Navina, it's your turn, all right.
Speaker 6: Uh, Navena is gonna put both her arms together to make an even bigger ballless thing and then jump down and try and smack him on the.
Speaker 5: See seeing Navena like bringing down your arms?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: Can can stigma be?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 10: Wait?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you say, Wait, Nevena, do you do you.
Speaker 5: Stop what you're doing?
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'll hold it there, like holding this position because he was just like the warden just started begging for his life before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I turned to him.
Speaker 5: He's like, what is your life worth?
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 1: Then, my niece is one of the six directors of Radakop. You're not you you you'll fake the consequences of this.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, you're in no position to make threat need to make us.
Speaker 1: No, you don't understand. Vanderkop's very pretty, a galaxy wide organization. It's powerful. Hell, she'll be upset.
Speaker 5: Never mind that I'm talking money. Well, you know, equipment. What do you have that we can take?
Speaker 1: God, he's like looking here out desperately. But if I give criminals equipment, don't have my head. I'll be a dead man. Anyway.
Speaker 5: I've literally got your head right now, my friend.
Speaker 9: So you're either going to give us equipment and we might let you live on the prison you've made, or we'll kill you and find a way to take it.
Speaker 5: Anyway, think very carefully. Wait, do we have to kill them?
Speaker 1: Okay, sigwe do you want to give me a persuation role?
Speaker 5: I'm not going to look at Crack and be like, we're just bluffing.
Speaker 1: No, I mean, logo, Okay, I got a fourteen, you needed a fifteen, he said, Do you still have bardic inspiration? No? He used it.
Speaker 5: No, I used it on my last attack.
Speaker 1: So unfortunately, he's not going to comply with your demands in a way. He's just gonna he's gonna resort to threats because he's like you.
Speaker 5: You're gonna regret this.
Speaker 1: If you value your life, you will not.
Speaker 5: You will regret this.
Speaker 1: You are living, come to prison, you went to them, and I'm just like, as you were. Damn okay, Navina, go ahead, birth of you, will you? I'm saying, we're bordered with the eight before thirteen doesn't hit, so you bring it down upon him and you just sort of go off of his metallic arm. This does mean it's now Crag for the potential final hit.
Speaker 5: I don't want to kill him. I'm gonna, yeah, Crag, I can't hold him much longer.
Speaker 9: But if you really don't want to kill him, I say we put him back in the cell that we were in, close that up and wait for the changing of the guard to find him.
Speaker 5: I have a better idea. I kick him non lethally. Do I get bonus action at level one for two armed strokes?
Speaker 1: You can it, says right here, bonus unarmed strike. You can make an unarmed strike as a bonus action. So yeah, you can do it again. Yeah so actually, crag, okay, reverse rewind this.
Speaker 5: I love I love the idea of universe conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, no, that did happen.
Speaker 5: But then midway through the conversation, Navina was just like, oh wait, I can still, I can right this, this will be this will be non lethally.
Speaker 1: Oh oh, I thought I thought Sag was having to use a kill him.
Speaker 5: Okay, so yes, you do just I just told her to continue what she was doing.
Speaker 1: Cool, cool, Yeah, a lot of damage. Yeah, so yeah. The Anville I guess you created with your hands comes down, smashes into the warden. I'm knocking him out and he's bloodied, crumpled on the ground there, and I guess, okay, yeah, reck clad, you let go of him, and he just got this like bloodied mess, this unconscious body, and Pocket is like, wow, we should kill him.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, he was good to me.
Speaker 3: I pick up the cake and I pick up the warden and it's like, all right, let's get going.
Speaker 2: I was taught not to kill.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was taught nothing but to kill. Are you Are you planning to take the warden with you?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why not?
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, no strategy.
Speaker 3: He was a nice guy, honestly. I mean like he even threw a party for me. I can't leave him for dead. I would just not be able to sleep at night.
Speaker 5: He won't die here, he'll be fine. Nah, if we take him with us, he'll want to kill us. What's your name again? What's your name again? Sigma?
Speaker 3: All right, Sigma. Gotta be honest with you. He told me he loved me. And this is an ashcar marriage, right, since it goes all the way back, it goes all the way back to the time of Slag the Great. And let me tell you what species.
Speaker 5: Is the warden.
Speaker 1: He's a human. He's a human. He's just a human.
Speaker 5: He's a human. I don't know if if that tradition applies with humans.
Speaker 9: You do, Slag the Great? Yea, well, we have many myths and legends of many flags. Although it's never one specific person. It's more of an ideal that a person attempts to live up to.
Speaker 3: Well Flag the Great defeated Brock the Rock, and uh, it just kind of goes all the way back through Ashkari in history. But that's neither here nor there. We gotta get moving. I like this out of this slag pocket. You do feel in a lot of ways he.
Speaker 5: Made Ashcar culture what it is today. Yeah, the fuck did? I am going to turn to Rick. I want captain you. You want to take the warden with us? Sigma.
Speaker 9: I don't want to take anyone that I don't need to take with us. I'm still struggling to, you know, vindicate you and me. In my own mind, I completely forgot that the rap thing was here, So RI give it talking about you, not.
Speaker 1: To you when I can hit you. Your loudest ship mate, You're like the loudest I've ever heard in my life, he says, without a hits of irony.
Speaker 5: We're going to get on very well, crag.
Speaker 9: If we take this warden with us, can we drop him off somewhere that is neutral, so he's not going to die, but he's also not going to be a problem to us in Well, this is.
Speaker 5: Something really important. Do you think that you know what okay rust is?
Speaker 3: Really quick, name one of the alien races in this world that we have not met yet if you can tell me really quick.
Speaker 1: Well, luckily, in this first episode you've met all of the main ones. Okay. Oh gosh, so all of the coalition ones like Taos, givett ashcar Vellinari, human, et cetera like it. Okay, but I guess there are lots of like minor races or a vaguely humanoid less like less intelligent species, or there's like lots of little ones. So Crag.
Speaker 3: Crag when he was in college minored in like, uh, I suck at this like an obscure blue blop study or whatever, like the alien language of an alien race that's not part of the like studying like the culture of the glue blops or.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, like yeah, some obscure alien species of the species, just like a one sanit species that's out there somewhere the.
Speaker 3: So studying studying them. They had different marriage rights. I guess humans probably do two. Okay, so he's probably not married to me. Now, Oh thank god. I was not ready to settle down. I leave, I leave them northward and down on the ground. I'm like, all right, now we could get going.
Speaker 1: You do feel rumbling beneath you, all right, the whole building quickly, alarms are going off, building shaping and also now two guards. You could see down the corridor. You guys came down, there's two gods running towards you.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, let's get going. Let's let's retreat to whatever theory. This one is this shuttle here, it's got a new flux on dry there. There was only one ship in this hangar, and it is the water. So it's the warden ship that is like was behind him sort of in the distance. So you guys run towards the Warden's vessel.
Speaker 1: Pocket is like he's he's got little wings on his back because he's a skippe, so he's like hovering as he's going flying along. This is the best day ever.
Speaker 7: As we're running towards the ship and let you come with us, I'm just sort of like I'm just doing like random fire towards the corridor where the guards are coming from with the pistol, just to like you know, slow them down.
Speaker 1: Very star wars firing at you. But it's just it's not histy. It's just.
Speaker 5: Novena can like whip her arm and throw a few like water darts.
Speaker 1: I guess I can.
Speaker 14: I have I have darts in my starting kit. Apparently huge get in the shuttle. Reason this is while we're running, don't worry. Yeah, and you guys who can who can fly this rick?
Speaker 1: You can fly?
Speaker 10: Right?
Speaker 5: I am searching around. Are we on the shuttle?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 1: You guys are now gotten into the vessel. It's not a huge ship, but it still fits all of you guys.
Speaker 9: And I want to search around for any kind of documentation for how to fly this thing. Find some kind of fire and be like, I can't language.
Speaker 1: It would be a human. As as you enter the ship though, however, the sort of lights in the ship come on, and as you guys would know as people who are part of this universe, every ship has a personality. So yeah, it comes to life. Yeah, and you hear something that goes, welcome back police chief Luck. Oh you're not him?
Speaker 5: Oh well that's not my crag son of Krank nice to be?
Speaker 1: Is he alive?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: Actually will I see him again? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know about that one. We are taking you some other location, but I mean maybe at some point. Oh that's in this crazy world.
Speaker 1: We call life. I I am Locke's spaceship. He never gave me a name. Yeah, warden Lock, Yes.
Speaker 5: Warden Lock. What was warden Lock's last flowing too destination?
Speaker 1: Let me check the logs? Boo boop it was a party planet for hyper jumps away.
Speaker 5: Do you have enough fuel to make half the journey?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 9: Do you do?
Speaker 7: Do?
Speaker 1: Do? Is you looking at the displaying the thing? And there's like a warning sign comes up as you guys are starting to like leave now right the vessels starting to leave, and the warning sign comes up and says, there is we only have enough fuel to do one hyper lane jump and pockets like that's not fucking good.
Speaker 5: Is everyone on the ship?
Speaker 1: Now? Everyone's on the ship?
Speaker 7: Is there is there anywhere for us to like see a map of the nearby hyper lands and like nowhere we should jump to?
Speaker 1: So all the ships can they What they do is they will do a system scan, so the the the the ship's voice goes, would you like me to do a system scan to show the nearest available hyper lanes? And what is in the current system? Ship?
Speaker 9: Is there a planet that is neutral in our location that we're able to reach on the amount of field we currently have.
Speaker 1: So it goes scanning, scanning, scanning, and loading bar cobs up and it goes. It's gonna take about thirty minutes. But you guys, now the ship is launching up into you know, the hangar doors opened. Everything's ago, and you guys are flying off of the planet. So you have successfully escaped from the prison planet. We did it.
Speaker 5: We did.
Speaker 1: Bring the cake. As you look at the planet. As you look at the planet in the distance, it's not a planet. It's like a moon, right, It's like a chunk of rock, and it's sort of floating there. As it gets you get further and further away, it's it explodes. Oh, it's sort of you almost feel its shake slightly and then it just explodes, like it shatters. Did you see? Did you see a small dark ship would fly out of it and leave and and then make a hyper lane jump and just go somewhere else.
Speaker 5: Every every single time I go anywhere?
Speaker 8: All right, all right, well, since it's almost complete, yes, thank you, I say that we have a nice sit down and discuss how we've all ended up here and where we're all going to go and.
Speaker 1: Cards right, yeah, why not be sorry? I you know, they're the prison food. It's ship. I'll be honest.
Speaker 5: Yes, I want to hear your story.
Speaker 9: Mixed up plan, Let's let us give it talk first. I think we need to give him some props for opening the ship and getting us onto it. About the guy, he's got some interesting merchantise.
Speaker 1: Oh you want to hear my stories? Well, when I was a young I my mother and father never knew him. They I had to claw my way through the heaps of my hometown by myself, worked my up, stealing pillagin, selling my trade, you know the skive it way, and then I got caught for stealing anyway. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 5: Oh what storied past?
Speaker 1: Yes, very famous?
Speaker 5: Oh god you have any great allegiance toward the Union of Man? Uh not particularly?
Speaker 3: See most of the ashcar raised to be warriors, and we fight on our homeland. I fought on the blasted waste, and my father fought on the shattered waste. My grandfather Mark fought on the scorched waste. I think my great grandfather fought on the frozen waste.
Speaker 1: But that no system scan complete. Yeah, current system has no planets. Just move roy three hyper lanes available FB one two one two AKK forty seven, not forty seventh, forty eight, AK forty seven, AKK forty eight. Those are the three hyper lanes. The hyper lane you're currently in is called FB three ship.
Speaker 9: Can you naver go to the closest planet with fuel remaining that has the least military presence?
Speaker 1: We there are no ships in the current system. Please pick a hyper lane and I can proceed to do another system.
Speaker 15: Drive very well, So okay, we're going to have to randomly We're going to have to randomly go through a hyper lane and hope there's a planet in that system that we can land on that's not going to kill us.
Speaker 5: I like that plan.
Speaker 9: This one didn't kill us. Let's see what the next one does. Do I do I know the names of any of the hyper lanes?
Speaker 1: Off of you would know maybe some of the systems that are nearer your home. A lot of these, not a lot of yours would just begin with an L, right, you know, because you always be taking them lmens.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I get it all right?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah?
Speaker 7: Is there is there a cord with the with the hyper names? Is there a card that tells us like who the system that are? There are signs that tell us what the highway this goes to?
Speaker 1: So okay, I guess I would need somebody to give me like an intelligence check to know they're not going to be me?
Speaker 6: Would be I am I going out on a limb to say that AK is Ashkar could be a K forty seven.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, AK forty.
Speaker 3: Seven, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it has uh well yeah, we have forty eight moons.
Speaker 1: That's the forty seventh one seventeen seventeen. Yeah, so Sigma, you do know that a lot of the star systems are labeled by who has kind of ordinance over it in a way. It doesn't necessarily mean there's like planets with those people on it, but yeah, and you would know that VC is Vellinari Conclaven, AKK is Ashcar Kingdom, and FB is free belt, so it's not owned by anyone. Ah, you're currently in a free belt system.
Speaker 5: Or in a free belt.
Speaker 1: And if we carry on to the through this the FB, it will it will take it to a different system though, different system, different free belt system.
Speaker 9: Yeah, ship, what's the chances of us bumping into a planet if we continue on the route we're on now when we reach the next system.
Speaker 1: What is your name? Sorry, Captain Rick Plan, Union of Man. Okay, Captain Rick Plan, I don't. I don't have the capabilities you think I do. I can sci, I scan the star system, and I could do things in the ship. Do you want a coffee? I can make you a coffee, but I can't predict that in further galaxy.
Speaker 5: System, very hot cup of magma right about ship.
Speaker 9: Yes, we would like four coffees, and then I would like you to scan and tell me. Can you locate where the Union of Man worldship Pangaea currently is?
Speaker 1: I don't fucking know, sorry, Captain.
Speaker 5: I think maybe this ship is too small for that.
Speaker 7: Let's just let's jump through this hyper lane and scan the next system and find somewhere where we can collect our thoughts and maybe find someone who can.
Speaker 9: Ship four coffees, and then whatever the closest hyper lane is players and.
Speaker 5: We'll work it out.
Speaker 1: What do you mean four? I'm here too, says coffee.
Speaker 5: I forgot yeah, guys, all right, okay, right, well we're on our way the belt.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go see what this ship has its storage? Does anyone want to join me?
Speaker 5: Actually, I'll come.
Speaker 1: With you, okay, So you're going with with Pocket to the story going with Pocket. Yeah, okay, okay, and you guys are going through a hyper lane jump, so yeah, you you put in the coordinates for the hyperlane you go into free belt one. Yeah, I love doing sci fi noises guys walking to the series where I could do Yay, the whole ship rattles and vibrates and then all of a sudden, everything around you. The stars feel like they're moving at light speed around you, but faster than light speed. It's a hyperlane jump. It's super quick and you're moving through space and at abnormal speeds. How many of you have done a hyperlane jump before? I don't think Navena, maybe maybe you have. I mean I guess you all technically have because you would have been transported here, but you wouldn't.
Speaker 6: We would have been in the back of a like containment ship, Like we wouldn't have seen the outside.
Speaker 5: So yeah, I was gonna say space travels new to the Ashcar.
Speaker 3: But also I've had like four or five jobs before this, so I feel like I probably would have at least once.
Speaker 6: M Yeah, Navena is like looking out these like the windows and the main thing just like mesmerized at what is happening in front of a.
Speaker 1: You zoom through the hyper lane until eventually you stop and you're now in a new space system. Looking out the window, you could see a couple like a couple like rock stuff at the distance. But you need to do another system scared here to see what's in this space system. And the computer goes, okay, Captain Rick plan, do you want me to do a system scan? Or do you want me to tell you where the nearest fucking nuclear weapons facility is?
Speaker 5: You just give him hang on, I don't like hyper jumps. Oh and he gets motion sick too. Computer, do a scan please?
Speaker 1: You know you guys are criminals, right? Do you want me to bring up your bounty posters?
Speaker 5: We have bounties?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just broke out of a prison facility. It's word travels quit.
Speaker 5: How does anybody know we did it?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 1: Well? Ah, you were criminals before going to prison. So if you're out of prison, are you do you want to know? I could show you sure? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean it also looks like we blew up a prison.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's got to be question.
Speaker 5: And then we did not do that though?
Speaker 1: Does look like that?
Speaker 5: What are our current bounties and wanted levels.
Speaker 1: So the on the screen it will show like navena sigma pocket and it's gonna be ten thousand lumens, ten thousand lumens pockets like twenty thousand. Crag, you don't actually have a bounty at the moment.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm not there right now, but yeah.
Speaker 1: Then rick Plan it comes up and it says one million lumens Rick Plan, Oh.
Speaker 5: A well million, it's gonna be a problem.
Speaker 1: Crag and Pocket. Yeah, while this is happening, this, the system scan is happening on this. You guys are now in the cargo bay, and you know you're looking at all the stuff. There's a bunch is There are a lot of stuff down here, just like random junk. They have another man's chunk is another man's treasure. So Pocket already immediately goes over and he goes, you've got lumen shards? Great, He grabs one, he puts on his wrist. He goes, how much is in this? Ten lumens? What the fuck? Hey? Uh yeah? Pocket?
Speaker 5: Right, yeah, look, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: We don't really learn much about you know, apologizing and stuff, but I I I'm sorry for hitting you into that wall. I was trying to punch the other guy, but that's that's not really me, you know, I'm trying to get away from that.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever you got at smashing things, I mean yeah, he points over.
Speaker 5: He says that, so he's just like, yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: He points over, and there is like a chest. It's sort of like a I say chest. It's not fucking dodges of dragons. It's a like a metal box, like a like a sci fi chest. He goes, I want to know.
Speaker 3: What's in there, all right, I guess that does make sense. I did something bad to you, so I do a favor for you, I guess, all right, yep. So I'm gonna go over there and smack it with my great war pick. You sort of if there's like a lock on it or something, I'll aim for that.
Speaker 1: You smash the lock with your war pick, and the crape bursts open and inside, resting on kind of like a pillow. Is this black shard that it has a it almost looks like a swampy galaxy inside of it. It's kind of glowing with this are to it. When you gaze upon it, you almost feel drawn towards it.
Speaker 5: It's beautiful.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, do you reach down to try to pick it up? Okay, As you touch the shard, suddenly there's like flashes of light in your eyes. Just this. You're here sound. It's like sound was never invented. It feels cold, but like kind of like a cold that seeps into your body. You feel your heart beat slow. For a moment, you almost feel like your vision collapse inwards inside yourself. And then suddenly you're standing somewhere else. You see this giant black star in the sky emanating its rays upon you. It's like an impossible it's an impossible shadow of light. It doesn't make any sense to your brain. You feel a presence, you feel this overwhelming power, and then all of a sudden you're back and you're gasping, and.
Speaker 5: I think I've just seen God.
Speaker 1: At this point, the system scan is going to finish and it's gonna give you the f you one. Let's see what's it here? Okay, it goes.
Speaker 5: Do we have our coffees.
Speaker 1: You have your coffees on your table, enjoying your coffee.
Speaker 2: You've never tried this before.
Speaker 1: It was beautiful.
Speaker 2: I think I like it that much.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're you're disappointing coffees that the ship system is like, well, I'll try and make it better for you next time. Be more specific with what you want. You just said coffee, so I gave you black coffee. If you wanted milk and sugar, you have to get more specific.
Speaker 5: I love it's very it's very good.
Speaker 1: What is your name, Sigma? I already knew it's I scanned you. Oh yeah, I did the bowdy poster thing. It's just polite to us names. It's really polite, you know. Politeness is a virtue we should all strive for. Uh true. Anyway, the system scanned is finished, she says, thank you.
Speaker 9: Great, that's all, and Rink has just turned off the visuals ship. No one was looking at her, were they.
Speaker 1: Oh good? Okay, So here's the results of the scan. This is a binary star system. There are no planets found. Unfortunately, However, my readings did did pick up other outposts, including a intergalactic service station that is floating there.
Speaker 5: Perfect, I could go for some pastries.
Speaker 9: I think we should head over there and restark and I can explain that remarkably large number to you.
Speaker 1: Would you like to know the collector.
Speaker 5: No, we don't.
Speaker 1: We don't have any fuel right now, right, No, No, you really just have enough fuel to land somewhere.
Speaker 5: Now you go to the gas station.
Speaker 1: You need to go to the intergalactic gas station. Yeah.
Speaker 5: I don't think we need to know the hyperlanes right now, we can't use them.
Speaker 9: Okay, well, ship, do you have an interconnected communication system throughout the rest of the ship. Can you call Crag back to where we currently are?
Speaker 1: Yes, but so do you. It's called your voice. But yeah, I could do that, Crag. You hear a column coming through the speakers of the cargo bay and says crag rick Plan wants you to come back to the chip and he can't be bother to do it himself.
Speaker 3: Oh oh that uh yeah, yeah, I'm still holding the shard, by the way, I didn't put it down.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna bring that. I'm bringing that with me.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, you're keeping that on you? What was inside? What was inside the crate? Anything value?
Speaker 3: I do not respond to him. I walk off like I'm a zombie, Like I am zoon out right now.
Speaker 1: I'm like, yeah, all right, sure, yeah, he looks as silent. There's nothing in there. He's like, well, what the fuck? Maybe it was some space drugs and he just took it, get it all itself. He follows you up there, and you are now in the central bay together in the in the ship center.
Speaker 9: And thank you for rejoining us, Craighead, I'm here too, was with us.
Speaker 5: It's a human Do you want to see infinity kind of.
Speaker 10: Here?
Speaker 1: He shows you, guys the black Star shard.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'd like to slowly walk over and gently touch the shard.
Speaker 1: You see everything that I previously described.
Speaker 3: I know, right, waits like our entire lives got stretched through an entire super.
Speaker 8: E on.
Speaker 1: Grag and sick again. I'm sorry, I'm not motion sick again? Probably say wait, let me have a try. You guys are having crazy trips right now, do you. I'm just holding it out like for anybody to touch.
Speaker 11: He reaches out, and he also goes, whoa what a passing out on the ground. Hits like a mountain in the face, don't it?
Speaker 2: I do not want to touch it.
Speaker 5: Do you want to touch the weird chart?
Speaker 7: No? Thank you?
Speaker 5: All right, that's a good choice.
Speaker 1: Ship.
Speaker 9: A quick question. You are aware you are currently carrying known fugitives. What is your directive when you know that your cargo is criminal.
Speaker 1: So my directive is just to follow the orders of Warden Locke. But I also hate him, so if I could do anything that will piss him off, I'm very happy to do so.
Speaker 5: I am more scared than you are capable of hate.
Speaker 1: But I've just checking.
Speaker 3: Has everybody seen the magic space Rock? Everybody's everybody's good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm good on that. I don't need to see that, all right?
Speaker 9: Cool?
Speaker 1: I eat it?
Speaker 5: What ashcar eat rocks and stuff? What else would we fucking eat? This is a fucking thing.
Speaker 10: This is full, okay, yeah, yeah, sure, sure, sure, I mean like it's yeah, yeah, okay, I will.
Speaker 5: Sure to hope that magic rock wasn't like expensive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, so I will say. What happens when you eat it is you you feel that like craziness again. You're like you're in this place. You feel like it upside down, the blackness, the darkness, and you feel your body almost repel it, like it's incomplete. Somehow, this shard isn't the full You realize this shard is a small piece of a puzzle, and okay, and at the moment it like repels out your body flies out of you and just like jams into the side of the ship.
Speaker 5: Well, that's never happened before.
Speaker 7: Okay, I say we just leave the rock alone. This seems, this seems a little above us right now.
Speaker 5: That's the whole integrity we.
Speaker 1: Are at ninety eight. It's a small dent. It's like a scratch.
Speaker 13: Do you have a sassy meter? I I'm not answering these questions. Give you something to do and I would do it. Maybe that should be your name, Sassy?
Speaker 1: Yes? Ship?
Speaker 5: How far away?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: How far away are we from reaching the refueling station in the outpost?
Speaker 1: It will take Yeah, let me calculate it one second, just so coarse for it and do it and will chat while you're doing it. Okay, I'm setting course for it. Please could you give me a please?
Speaker 5: Please? Could yours please said course for the outpost rey fueling station.
Speaker 1: Okay, I will.
Speaker 5: It will be my pleasure. Thank you, ship.
Speaker 1: Great, we're all friends here.
Speaker 5: How about that?
Speaker 7: So while we ignore the rock, the magic rock that the ash Karja threw up, and while we let let while we let the Sassy robot calm down a little bit, let's hear.
Speaker 5: How about that bounty of yours, captain.
Speaker 1: Oh you got a bounty Rick?
Speaker 6: Before before Rick speaks, Navena will go get the rock, but within towel.
Speaker 1: So that.
Speaker 5: Just sort of just sort of keeps it like to us to our side there, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Rick, what do you? What do you say?
Speaker 5: Sigma? I am a captain in the Union of Man.
Speaker 1: How much.
Speaker 9: Affiliation do you have toward the Union of Man? If I were to tell you something that would damage the union? Would you would you resent that.
Speaker 5: I have nothing to do with the union?
Speaker 9: Amazingly, that actually gives me a lot more confidence to tell you what I'm about to tell you. Two days ago, I was transferring a basic position. I was working on Maro nine. It's a cold planet. My mission was very simple. I was to fly one of the older Mark ten interceptors from Maro nine across to a planet called Albion three. I don't know if any of you ever been there. It's a museum planet. Well that sounds nice, it's lovely. It's got older ships, it's got older tech. So I jump in the interceptor of the Mark ten. I fly from Maro nine to Albion three. It's a solo flight. On my way, I pass a large freighter, a tanker that has no call signal, that has no markings, that has no n it's one of the much older ships, and it's a union of man design. I'm flying, I'm on my own. I hail the tanker. I hear nothing. I scan the tanker with what limited scanning I have. There's no life forms on board. I realize this isn't derelict. It's got fuel, it's got power. It's going somewhere. So I fly alongside it. I decide to give it a bit of an escort. On About half an hour into the flight, I'm alerted that the tanker has suddenly automatically changed coordinates and it's on a collision course with a local planet that has a relatively small native population that have not yet discovered faster than light travel. Now it's, as you all know, it's Coalition policy to not interfere with any new civilizations that haven't reached faster than light.
Speaker 5: I try to hail the planet. Nothing. I try to hail the tanker. It's nothing.
Speaker 9: And then I'm faced with a choice. If I don't do anything, this tanker, carrying whatever cargos is going to crash into this planet and tens of thousands are going to die. I figure, it's just a tanker, it's just cargo. We can deal with that. So I send the captain codes across and I disabled the shields on the tanker. And then I launched what few tech missiles I have in the interceptor Mark tens and I blow.
Speaker 5: The tanker up. It cracks very easily.
Speaker 9: It leaks something into space, and I consider that a choice that I would make again and again and again.
Speaker 5: And so I continue on to Albion three.
Speaker 9: I land, and I informed the planetary governor Governor's steel that I intercepted a rogue tanker and destroyed it to prevent planetary annihilation. And about three hours later, out the window when I'm standing in the Governor's room, I see there's a kill squad coming for me. I have no idea what was on that tanker. I have no idea who wanted it to crash into that planet. But I have intercepted and got involved in something I'm going and be real with you, I should not have gotten involved in.
Speaker 5: And so I run.
Speaker 9: I run out the Governor's office, I run across the planet, and I dive into the first ship I see leaving happened to be a ship traveling to Vantakor three at.
Speaker 5: Five to three.
Speaker 9: I'm telling you all this because I believe I've uncovered some kind of conspiracy within the Union of Man to scrash to crash that ship into an uncontacted planet. I don't know why, but as soon as I was off planet, They've given me a million bounty. I've upset someone's day, someone very powerful, someone who would have no problem killing a captain, and I would like to find out who. And I can't trust anyone that I've met, apart from you. You could trust me, Rick. That was the most dramatic story I've ever heard. Yeah, everything went black and white for a second. I am completely and utterly enraptured. I will trust you to narrate my life from now on. I'm going to return to the Union of Man. I'm going to find people that I still trust within this military, and I'm going to find out who wanted to crash a tanker onto an uncontacted planet, who wanted to kill thousands and why.
Speaker 5: Now I'm going to bring this on my own unless.
Speaker 3: I would be I would be honored if you hired me to be your bodyguard for this mission.
Speaker 9: I think.
Speaker 1: I mean, we don't really have a choice. We wanted fugitives. Now we escaped to prison and we've kind of killed awarded. The planet exploded, and they'll tell the says us.
Speaker 3: I.
Speaker 7: Sigma will stand and you can see that, like all four of his eyes are just like welling.
Speaker 5: Up and their tears going down his cheek.
Speaker 9: Yep, you're a hero, a true hero. No, I'm a guy that blew a tanker up in space.
Speaker 5: I salute him.
Speaker 9: Craig Onlier, you said that you were killing people and you wanted to try and save people. I made a choice to destroyed merchandise and saved people. And it turns out that what I did was involved in something far greater than I Now I've got a million bounty on my head. I'm going to be folded in every system and every planet I land in, someone's going to try and arrest me.
Speaker 5: If you're with me, they're going to try and do that to you too, Navin.
Speaker 3: When I left, when I left my world, I felt like I was just gonna have to fight in a war all the time.
Speaker 5: But you know what, I think I found my purpose here.
Speaker 2: Your story is incredible I've never heard anything like it. It's also no, I suppose I could learn a thing or two.
Speaker 1: Well, I guess it's all decided, then, great heavy avy aby ah, do we have food on this vessel?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 1: Ship?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 2: Huh sash sassy sas.
Speaker 1: S God, that's gonna be my excu it with. Oh what what do they eat? Like worms?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 5: Your name's pocket, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's because of the many pockets I always have on me, Clever.
Speaker 5: Whatever you want from the ship, we'll restock when we get to the outpost.
Speaker 1: Oh great, okay, ship, give me your finest meal. No. Actually, we're approaching the outpost and you could see.
Speaker 5: Lavina. You know why I was in that prison camp. Where were you there?
Speaker 2: Ah, well, it's a little bit embarrassing. Well, I've lived on my my planet sat Baroness all my life. This is not really where I thought i'd end up. I thought i'd stay there for the foreseeable future. That I'm afraid I I lost my temper. And well, since we're all sharing, I h I struck one of the priests. I beat him quite badly for good reason. For good reason, he was he was not a kind man. But they they whisked me away, and well, I was brought here not too long after. Despite my my father's attempts to have me freed, they were met with silence. Everything is been so new and not very friendly.
Speaker 5: You mentioned your father's attempts to free you as your father an influential man.
Speaker 2: He was a cardinal for the church. Yeah, he has what influence he can.
Speaker 1: Mh.
Speaker 2: Well, I certainly believe so. Whether whether the gods agree is it's not up to me.
Speaker 5: I think the gods agree. You were justified in punging a man's jaw off earlier.
Speaker 1: That was really sick.
Speaker 2: By the way, I did say, I was trained.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're one, your one. Mad count on you.
Speaker 3: The words that you are a very loyal I say that, sorry, mad, I don't. I don't like saying that word. I don't know why it's the one I don't.
Speaker 1: Like saying even encounter taking count say the word count, and I think that's still funny to me.
Speaker 3: It's so funny to me because you're like British and you say it all the time, and you're like I, for whatever reason it never likes saying that word.
Speaker 5: Sigma. What about you?
Speaker 1: You know why.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm pretty sure we can all guess what pockets are.
Speaker 1: General crime, yeah, thief, many pockets, you could see many things to steal.
Speaker 5: Sorry, I am still figuring that out.
Speaker 7: I think.
Speaker 1: That is.
Speaker 5: Perhaps we will see in time, but for now, let's say a job went wrong.
Speaker 1: We are now approaching the service station. We are landing. I've meant ahead and just started landing the vessel. That's okay, right, that's what you guys wanted to do.
Speaker 5: I mean, we need we need fuel, right, yeah, you appreciate that.
Speaker 1: You see, it's not so hard, is it. You start approaching this service station. But as the ship gets closer, as you start to land, you at first you notice the giant Globo Bites burger It's logo just like standing there. It's a Global Bites service station. There's a big chain, there's like a gas pump, there's all of the stuff you could expect. But there's no people around. It's completely abandoned. And as the ship lands, you don't Yeah, there's no lights on this maybe smashed window, you can see maybe a little bit of blood specs, but no people around. Is a completely abandoned service station.
Speaker 4: Glow Bobites Jeremy would have liked it here, and I guess we'll do it to be continued because we reach time.
Speaker 5: It was like, who's Jeremy.
Speaker 1: Director? Can and Locke hated her job with that kind of quiet, soul curdling loathing usually reserved for malfunctioning hollow printers and in laws who just dropped by. You think being one of the six most powerful people in a universe spanning mega corporation would come with something excitement, prestige, perhaps a button labeled destroyed planet for fun. But no, it was spreadsheets, reports, and subordinates who somehow managed to weaponize in competence better than the weapons they sell. Managing a company this size was and all that different from running an empire. Really, the main distinction was that emperor's got better uniforms, had better pr What's a king but a CEO in silk after all, which begged the question what did that make her a princess a duchess? Still, the money was good, the kind of good that made you overlook the fact that you were essentially lubricating the grinding gears of a galactic machine that consumed entire economies for breakfast and as calean often told herself, while staring into the cold on carrying Stars from our office window, Existential despair is a lot easier to cope with when your chair massages you whilst you feel it. A pop up link to life on her holideck an incoming transmission, she sighed the universe had a way of interrupting her just when she was trying to ignore it. It was Sue Lenni, her personal assistant. In her experienced assistants tended to create more problems than they solved, like bureaucratic hydras. Still, so Lenni was tolerable, a bit pathetic, perhaps, but in a way she found oddly endearing. She had a soft spot for men who looks as though life had already beaten them to the punch. With a flick of her wrist, she accepted the call. So Lenni's long, jittery Vellinari face appeared before her, three eyes darting around like a guilty algorithm. He looked panicked more unusual, which is an achievement considering mild panic was his natural resting state. Ma'am, I hope I am not interrupting anything, he said, nothing more than you usually do. She replied, taking a slow sip of her coffee. He smiled that kind of thin, nervous expression that said, please don't vaporize me. I have dependence. I've got some news about your uncle. He began tugging at his collar like it might provide emotional support, which one malzoy the prison warden. Mausoi, that bastard, she scoffed. I thought sending him to the middle of nowhere would mean I'd never have to see his mug again. What's he done this time? He's uh dead, ma'am Calen blinked. That wasn't on her morning agenda. Oh well, how inconvenient. I'll send word to the rest of the family, a range of funeral point a new warden to his post. And well, uh, we can't do that, ma'am. Seleni blurted. It's sort of blue up, blue up, She snapped, se LENI, that's the kind of information you lead with. Sorry, ma'am. The Vellinari stammered, his jelly like hands folding into each other in what might generously be described as a nervous fissure and less generously as a slow motion implosion. Ah, just tell me what happened, She said, already regretting it. Truthfully, we don't really know, he admitted, A live footage shows a few prisoners boarding an escaped vessel. Before you know, He made a vague hand gesture, as if miming an explosion could somehow soften the reality of everything blowing up. Calen pinched the bridge of her nose and sighed, it was far too early for this sort of catastrophe. Maozoi might have been a shit, an unrepentant, greasy stain of a man, but he was still family, and in her line of work, even bases had to be avenged. If only had of principle send a small vessel to the escape he's last known coordinates, she said, track them down. Do you want any details on the escaped prisoners, so Lennie asked, no, No, If they were locked up in that dustpin of a facility, than not any one important, just a few lucky thieves who've run out of luck. Let me know when it's done. The truth was this was just one more item on the ever growing list of galactic annoyances demanding her attention. Yes, ma'am made the great floor guide. She entered the calls before he could finish the blessing religion. The Vellinari had an endless fascination with it, an admirable trait if you liked nonsense. Personally, she found the very idea insulting. If there was a god, it's only one of allowed capitalists like her to exist. She gestured, and her van Tocop branded task organized a shimmered interview. The endless to do list stared back at her, full of obligations, meetings, and souls to grind beneath paperwork. She barely began to read the first item when her hollow deck flared again, another incoming transmission. She flicked her eyes towards the name. It was her husband. She ignored it and let it ring. She was not in the mood.