Speaker 1: What's up, everybody. Welcome to Rose Pricks. It's the day after the Bachelorette. Should we make the announcement? Let's start with the announcement?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, I say, we don't, just in case you're following along in time, just in case someone didn't watch, I know, but like just in case they're listening to us before. Some people I think listen before they watch. Maybe somebody might. All right, just all right, I do want to make this announcement before we get to that one later. You guys, Stephanie and I are fine. Thank you for checking. There was a big freaking earthquake yesterday, and we're okay. But like those of you who did not check in and personally text us, I'm a little pissed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not it's not super caring caring, it's not. Yeah, I didn't even feel it. I texted them at school and they were like, oh what.
Speaker 2: It's so weird because at Universal my friend works at Universal. They were on a sound stage. They evacuated the sound stage. Oh, I think you're just too far west because it was in Pasadena Highland Park. Well, so I was.
Speaker 1: I was recording my other podcast for Crying out loud, and I totally felt it there.
Speaker 2: That was in the studio city. Oh you were really close. Yeah, we totally felt it.
Speaker 1: I mean we were, we were shaking, but nothing like broke or fell off any walls.
Speaker 2: It was already at four point seven, it was, and it had been downgraded, but it was okay. I had I was peeing and it was I literally set out. I was like, this is my nightmare. I'm literally sitting on a toilet and the whole my apartment is so flimsy. So any even have a little earthquake, it's just it's it sways. I was like, and it was long. It was a long one, like thirty seconds. Yeah, that was pretty long. That shit was crazy. But we're fine. We're fine. Jen's fine, samm is fine. Actually samm is not mine, but we will get to that. So I don't even want to talk about the opening of the show or wait, first, do you have any macro notes?
Speaker 1: I don't have any macro notes except that I don't love anybody on this show, and that's making it a little bit hard.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's easier to make fun of, but usually I'm rooting for somebody, but like, my goodness, a lot of these guys have come out to be maga and Jen seems into them, which question makes me question her, but I do macro note. I was happy with how things went down with Sam m well for sure. And by the way, I can hear Pepo snoring and it's so cute. It's so cute. She has to be.
Speaker 1: She's been very very clingy lately. That's madog Pipo. And she sleeps under my desk while if I'm at my desk, she sleeps at my feet under my desk.
Speaker 2: So was she a little tiny baby? So we don't deserve to base. Today, by the way, is my dog's anniversary. We've been together fourteen years today. Wow. We don't know exactly how old he is because I don't know how old he was, you know, right, he's a rescue, but fourteen years today in my with me.
Speaker 1: I love him so much and I got him a little birthday cake. But you don't know if he was a puppy when you got him or not. He grew a little bit, but he was a puppy.
Speaker 2: I mean, we think we my ex and I think that he was about six months okay, And so I think he's about fourteen and a half. But our annivers it's our anniversary, and I happy anniversary. Thank you to Monroe. Okay, so they're in Seattle because you know, where else are you going to go after traveling the world?
Speaker 1: Go to Seattle? I'm sorry, Cecily. Uh it's called the Emerald City. Oh right, very important? Oh god, is that why they even went there? Did they do all the Oh.
Speaker 2: God, we'll get to We'll get to this. This fucking twenty fivecasts is just gonna be us going, We'll get to it. We'll get to it. Well, they are at the final Rose ceremony and we just go, all right, we have to go, but we'll get to it on our next episode. We'll tell you, like what happened, you know, maybe when we talk about the OC, we'll squeeze that in. But so it was shocking to me to hear that, like, hometowns are next week, which you'd warned me about, but I forgot. I was like, really already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So they have to make a drastic cut, which I always think is kind of strange because and here's why we never got some of these guys. We never even really got to know I E. Jeremy, I think that they.
Speaker 2: Should Spencer and I mean of like total guys. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I think at this point in the in the show, instead of eliminating three guys, I think they should eliminate more as we go so that each guy could get more time.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I totally agree with that. Also doesn't make sense. You've been with them longer and now you're going to cut three people, but you know them more, right exactly. But maybe their their take is like, well, we want to get to know them before we cut them, so that gives me. But you know, when you know, you know, yeah, and there are just.
Speaker 1: Some people that we absolutely knew we're not going to make it far that we could have gotten rid of a long time ago. Anyway, Yeah, charity shows up. We've got a lot of guests that are underutilized in my opinion, m M. You know, and sometimes they'll have guests people, you know, they'll I'm sure they have to fly them out and put them up, you know, like what's your name, Tristam, And then usually they'll have like a whole thing, they have us sit down with them and they'll give them advice. And this one was like not not that, it was like.
Speaker 2: Hi, bye. I mean that's editing. I'm sure they had more time. I love that. You're like, they probably put them up like they make them. They're like, Charity, do you want to be on the episode? You do have to pay for yourself and we will not allow you to upgrade. So it has to be coached, and you know, we have discounts on like motels, right, and those people if that was the case, which I hear your joke, but I have a feeling those people would be like, yeah, okay, cool, cool, I'll I've got miles. No, I really want to do it all right, We're not going to get a lot of lines. God, the memorization that they had to do for you know, for their thing also was just so painful. Oh when we get to the oz well, well, Charity. So Charity sits down and she's like, how you holding up? You know? She says, She's like whatever, and she's like Jen goes, she goes, I literally what I'm doing is or maybe she says this. Charity says, She's like how do you do it? And she's like, I literally had a list of their names. It's like, oh, so you know their names. That's a great start. Yeah, and John's like, yeah, yeah, names good, good advice, And she says, oh, I wish I'd thought of that, like before, Yeah, I'm not some of their names I don't even know this week. Had I known that, like I should have had a notebook with me, that would have solved a lot, right, Like, just I was so poor Charity. I mean she is, she is very likeable, like she's never did anything wrong. No, she's lovely, she's it's just it's just kind of boring because there's not a lot of there's no edge to her, and she seems a little checked out. She's she's too good for this. You're all too good for this, I think, except for Sam. But I just love that. It's like, yeah, I literally listen to names. Yeah yeah, okay, great, So that's all we get. Right, So then they kind of go over all the dudes. No one cares because we already know all this exactly. Then the guys just freak the fuck out over a hotel. They were like, there's there's records on the wall, guys, let's jump on the bed. They have to do this every time. They're so amped up because they're being told like this is kind of a commercial for this hotel, so, you know, to let us know how you really feel like they're so dumb. They're like, oh okay, oh my god, this hotel has lamps. What I can see? Oh my god, guys, I opened a drawer. There's a little notepad in the drawer. There's a pan too, and you can plug stuff in. There's outlets, you guys, there's electricity, and they're they're okay. There's two camps of guys that are either cocky or feeling insecure. We got our cocky guys right and who they are Sam and Devin obviously, and the rest are just I literally wrote, and I literally I wrote, how is Jeremy still there? Huh? What a slap in my face? It came later. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: Really weird that what's his name, Marcus got a second one o one one o one? He got a second one o one. We should just call it that, that should just be yeah, he got a one o one. Oh my god, we've we've like invented something. We sure did.
Speaker 2: And I'm with you on Marcus, Like he didn't seem to We may have said this off air, he didn't seem to want this one on one. He's like, Okay, well, it's weird that you're giving me another one.
Speaker 1: But oh, She's like, I kind of thought I told you I can't love.
Speaker 2: And she's like, I don't care. I don't care. That's my type. Are you kidding me?
Speaker 1: Of course you can't love. I'm in She's so like, I'm really trying to change my thing, like you know, which we'll see with Sam later. But Marcus keeps telling her. He's like, I'm too fucked up. I'm really really damaged I do. I can't get vulnerable, I can't share my feelings. I can't really fall in love. I can't get there. And she's like, it's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, there's a couple of things going on that we're going to get to that we're shocking to me because I, you know, we haven't been spoiled, so I didn't know about his family, and it was really heartbreaking to hear. So I changed my opinion about him a little bit because I just figured I still think this is true. I think he's you know, got issues attaching for sure, but I also think he's not into her. I know that he's sort of like, well, maybe I guess I'm kind of you know. They they had to bend producers had to do things I've never seen them do before to make him like, go, I guess I can make out with her here. I guess I kind of like her. It was so awkward. So he gives her this, like, she gives him this Letterman jack, a green letterman jacket, you know, like you do. Well, yeah, does she give that to him or does he just does production give it to him? Oh? Well, yeah, maybe she doesn't. A box comes in. I always assume it's supposed to be from her. Oh right, you know, because the note or whatever. But I get you know, of course, his production. So he puts it on over the coat he's already wearing. I'm like, dude, take off the other coat. It's gonna be too tight.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, he is a mom, so he didn't have anyone to tell him that you just wear one coat at a time.
Speaker 2: Oh sad love. I really felt for him the story, but like, yeah, that was all right. That was weird. So they go, they're having their date. Jesse shows up on a trolley obviously, and now we find out that this whole fucking thing. The next fifteen minutes is a trailer for the movie Wicked, right, which I'm excited about the movie Wicked, but like, don't mix these two things. I don't want any Wicked in my bachelor. I don't want.
Speaker 1: It's like a I don't. It's like interesting because I felt that way about Barbie, and you were all about it. And I'm not even being funny. You were like, no, I love it. I love that they're doing all this Barbie stuff.
Speaker 2: It's right. I take it back. I was wrong if I said I loved it. I think I was just hyped up about Barbie. And it's not that I'm not hyped up about Wicked, but like, I think I loved Barbie so much that I was just happy to see them, you know, do little dances. But you're right, it doesn't make any sense. No, it's just a commercial. I just feel like I'm watching a commercial. I also don't understand because Wicked is universal, so I don't even understand how that's tight. And it's not even the same network that would be NBC, so I was confused by that. It's a whole different studio. But I guess they just did some sort of pass. I guess it's their funny money money, money, money, and they paid a lot and they don't even have to because everyone knows about Wicked. We're already excited.
Speaker 1: Okay, So such thing that I have to say is that is trying to make these boots work again, and they don't work for me. I am sorry, But the problem is that she needs the way she's It's not even really about the way she's built. It has nothing really to do with her body. It's just the if you're wearing kind of a wide skirt, you can't have boots that are kind of wide at the top. They need to be a little more fitted, or just it looks strange, it looks too much.
Speaker 2: I hear you, I do hear you. I think I've made that mistake a few times. I think how tall is she? Is she a little one? I think she's small. I think she's little. I've had that problem too, because I try to wear skirts, and and I do wear them sometimes it works, but it has to be quite like a good fit. I think it's just like a problem of being I think she looks great. I didn't really notice. I think it's just like, I know what you mean. I think those are just not good boots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm saying she's gorgeous. I just think that her stylist needs like when you when you're far back, maybe her stylist is just looking at the boots, looking at her and going, yes, I like these boots, and not really seeing the whole.
Speaker 2: I think we're just used to seeing really tall modey, you know. I think that's I think that's part of it.
Speaker 1: I guess the thing is what one thing to know about me is that I do I work, I would say full time as a stylist. So I'm just bringing I'm bringing that knowledge.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean? Wait a minute, hold on, Actually I don't know what you mean. You don't know what I mean. Well, I know the words that you're saying are English. I understand, I comprehend them. But you say that you work full time as a stylist, and you've never brought this up in like our yeah sets. Every day I'm on a movie set styling. Well, like, what's your latest movie that you styled? Wicked? Wicked? Yes it was. It was a great job, Thank you. I did well.
Speaker 1: I did that Colleen Hoover, the one that's based on the book. I can't names are not like my big thing that the last of us. That's what it's called. I reviewed it. It's called grands or it ends with us. It ends with us, but whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it doesn't names names, right did I styled it? This is weird? All right? Well, I mean you did a great job and I didn't know that about you. So it's always information. I mean, you know, I'm a doctor, so sometimes in fact, I gotta go do a surgery real quick. Let's pause, let me do a hand surgery. So okay, if they're gonna do this stuff, they did it with Barbie, like you said, I mean, let's just and then they try to make it fit into the narrative, which the narrative about Wicked is not. It's not a loves like they're really I mean, I'm surprised they weren't like, yeah, you know, we used to not get along because like you're a wicked witch, but you were really misunderstood. And I mean they really like, why not do with Leme's or up? You know, I'm a sex worker, just like Fontine and Lemez. You know me, I'm a sex worker and we had this baby together. But I'd like to give this baby up to have you know, a better life, and they're like, how can we make that work? Let's just make let's just somehow find a way to tie that in to the Bachelor, right, it's so stupid and I don't like it.
Speaker 1: So Marcus right away, before they even start on their adventure, Marcus just keeps I just already keeps telling us it's this is it's really pretty impossible for me to be vulnerable.
Speaker 2: And he's not wrong, he's not writing.
Speaker 1: No, he's really trying to force himself into this role, which is kind of a theme with these people. And then the ones that aren't trying to force themselves, the ones that are really feeling something.
Speaker 2: She's like, next, right, of course, that's just human nature. Yeah, we still get that.
Speaker 1: First stop is Daisy and Kelsey, who are like best friends.
Speaker 2: No, they're dressed up like the thing, and I.
Speaker 1: Just everybody's so everybody in these scenes is going to be in pink or green, and they hired a background company, So I have friends that run background companies, and basically they hired a bunch of people to be on the street dressed in pink or green. And it plays really strange because it's kind of a mix of also there's regular people there, so there's like a bunch of people in pink, but then there's people with their faces blurred.
Speaker 2: Yes, I noticed that. I was like, what is this? And then they're really they're pushing it so hard. What if they had, like, like they have to have little people they have Peter Danklich come out and he just so like begrudgingly like he because you know, he's such a grum he's such an asshole. I'm just gonna say it you guys, if you haven't listened to that story on board AF I had a couple run ins with Peter Dingklinche and I'm not even joking. He's just he's just insufferable. So what if they just see he just he hadn't worked in a while, and he just comes out and he's like, oh what is this? Yeah, and he's like, I'm an umba lumpa and they're like, no, that's a different movie. We're doing an oz thing. God, you have to just smile. Just smile, that's all you have to do.
Speaker 1: And he just started assaulting the guys. He's like, who's this fucking guy? Can't get vulnerable?
Speaker 2: Fuck this guy, I'm not wearing this hat and I'm not putting this makeup on. I'm not doing it. Just throw us off all his stuff and they have to just pro shit. Yeah, and it's somehow it's live cut all right, back to one Danklidge. They pull on the side, like can we take five real quick before we Dingklish he's really mean to Jen. It's like, what an idiot, You're here to find love on a fucking TV show. It's like, what is an aesthetic? He's like, God, I'm so I was on Game of Thrones. You've seen me on many indie films like The Station Agent. Surely you've seen. I mean, I'm Peter fucking Dinglish. He's so mad, he's just so many Yeah, and he's yelling at everybody. But he really, for some reason, hates Marcus the most, who's just done nothing to him. Marcus is like, I've tried to protect you, I've protected our country. He's like country shmuntry. You have a bunch of cunts. All right, Well that's our show because you guys can figure out the rest. I love the way we've added in Peter Dnklich, who was not actually even on the show, but we've given him a whole storyline, whole backstory. H huh, I'm Peter fucking Danklige, you cunts, because he s it's the Wisard of Oz. Yes, he's on the yellow brick road, guiding them like they have to. I'm surprised they didn't do that. It seems like something they would do. I mean, because they're really tone deaf. I'm surprised they didn't take Who's like somebody from a past season, who just any guy name a guy like who?
Speaker 1: Pilot pilot pilot P.
Speaker 2: I just couldn't hear you. So they bring out pilot P. But they're just like, can you get on your knees and pretend to be a little person. I'm shocked they didn't do that. I wouldn't put it past them. I think you're right, okay. But what they do have is Kelsey and Daisy, who are like, now, I didn't even understand this whole thing.
Speaker 1: They're like, Okay, we're gonna do an adventure. It's all planned out. We're going to see if you're compatible. You're gonna have all these little challenges and you're gonna have to who likes what like either or? But then the last one's going to be this big challenge and that one you're gonna have to work together and like compromise.
Speaker 2: It was exhausting, how much work. I mean, they want Marcus to win this so badly, Like they are really pushing Mark. That's all I could take from this, Like, right else would they give? He's not the guy for this date. He doesn't even know what wicked is. I'm sorry, he's not a musical's dad. Now he's being forced to like pretend right, He's like, what is this? They have this weird They put out a weird like yellow mat to like to look like a little road that they have to go around, and he's just I just kept writing. He's just he's not the person for this date. So they have to choose. They're like spicy versus sweet, Like spicy so.
Speaker 1: Gross, And they have to eat eat a pepper, which we've seen one hundred fucking times on these shows, including The Bachelor. I mean, how many times have people had to eat a pepper?
Speaker 2: Why? Why is that a thing?
Speaker 1: Okay, so you, oh my gosh, your mouth got uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Is that bonding? Are you? Is it? Like? Oh my god? If we can burn the inside of their mouths. They're gonna want to be together, But I guess what else are they going to do? You know what I mean? Like what else? How do you fill two hours like they have? I actually started in on this date hating it, and then I was sort of like they just they just beat me so over the head. By the end, I was like, well, I guess that was they sure, they sure tried hard. Yeah. Then there's scream. There's scream or whisper. Oh man, that was that was an intern.
Speaker 1: And then they yeah that was that was the people that write the bios. That was so cringe.
Speaker 2: They screamed, and then he just goes, I like Gin, I like Gin, I like her. That's what he screamed under the wind? Yeah yep. Oh. And then they had a pillow fight? Is that right after that? I mean, was that like softer horror? I don't know, I don't know, but they chose and that was just a full pilifight. And both of them seemed I mean, they were they were you know, they they what do you call it, like self consis went with it. Yeah, no, they were self conscious, but they were troopers. That was the way I was looking for, Like they really were I don't know, I would have been like, I'm not doing this. Sorry, I have nothing to lose. You can't cut the show now we've come this far. I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 1: And Marcus is so uncomfortable with a lot of things. He's clearly like you said, not the guy for this date, not the guy for any date. Really, he doesn't really seem like he wants to be there. And then when he finally puts his foot down, they're like, okay, faster or slow and Marcus is like, well slow, Like have you met me? Have you do you know me at all? Have you asked me any questions? I've obviously have said many times I would want to take things slow. I'm not there, I'm not in love. And she's like fast, Yeah, I'm a fast girl.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then she's like the fact that Marcus says he's slow, that's concerning. I like to go really fast, which is not working for you in the past.
Speaker 2: Gen and A'll so he's told you that, Like, I don't know what else he can do to say, like, look, I literally just met you. I feel weird kissing on camera as it is right let alone, like like laying down on a pillow with you and with people watching. It's crazy, right, right. So then they finally choose slow, and they didn't they choose slow, I think. And they open that one and it's a bell for no reason, and no they choose fast. Oh, they choose fast, yes, which is the thing. It's like she forces him, She's like, well we're going to go fast, and he's like all right, let's try that. Oh yeah, you're right, okay. So then that gives them a bell, which gets them Daisy and Kelsey again for some reason. And it was at that moment, this is such it's such a nonsensical thing, like it was. It reminded me of stuff that my friends and I would do in fourth grade. Would be like, okay, if you pick the number seven, then okay, then you have to wear this red sweater like we come up with these like bizarre, convoluted bullshit. That's what this felt like. A fourth grader can Okay, then you get a bell, and then Daisy comes back, and then you got it and then they're all and then Charity comes back. Is Linda the gitch right right? Because you know it's still wicked. Let's never forget that. That's the whole point of the show is to give an ad for a movie that they will never see. Right, Oh my god. Yeah, So that's when they get to the balloons that they have to pop.
Speaker 1: Right, which would have been that there's no like, okay, there's no choose your own adventure here. This is how it was planned and it doesn't matter if they'd picked fast or slow or round or whatever. They would get to this part that they planned out for them.
Speaker 2: Correct. Very good point. And also I felt like Mark Wahlberg and Boogie Nights because you know, I don't like I don't like I don't like balloons if I'm honest, I don't like them because the idea that someone's gonna pop it, and yeah, it scares me too. Now we're just doing it on purpose, right, I was like, oh my god, it's like the firecracker scene in Bookie Nights. I just felt so like, oh my god, I'm already anxious now this is happening. And then you have to pop a balloon to get like a photo of your childhood. It was so dumb and it didn't matter. But basically, what we find out is that Marcus has a sister and it's not yet oh, because I share your proudest moment. This is one of the things that the first, the very first thing and the balloon popping was share your proudest moment. And he's like when I graduated the military, and then uh, and my sister was with me. And then Jen goes, I'm glad you got to share that, and then Marcus I was like, oh my god, my sister is like so great. And then they watch a video of his sister saying I really miss you, my brother, and you better come home with a fiance on your arm. No pressure, right, And there's like no way she's not going to give him a rose after all this, Like that's the thing that was annoying. I guess they just already knew that she was going to choose him, because like, what's the point She's already choosing him. There's no way after all that she'd be like, I'm not killing it. Yeah, so so suid. So then Trista just to show.
Speaker 1: Up not yet. So first the next thing is something for Jen, and it's Jen's mom wrote her a letter. I have to say, seemed.
Speaker 2: A lot longer than what she read, but it.
Speaker 1: Was basically like, so Jen is completely dry eyed, while Marcus is crying about like his sister and like the military, the graduation or whatever. But then when Jen gets a letter from her mom that's like, hey, sorry, I gave you a broken home. That wasn't my intention. I really love you so much, then Jen is like crying. I don't know, I'm not loving Jen as much as I did before.
Speaker 2: I'm just I don't dislike I. Actually, I think we've switched. I don't love her, but I like her more than I did. I think she just doesn't take it that seriously, which we would be like too. If we were on that, we wouldn't take it that serious. We wouldn't cry all the time. I mean, she cries finally because she's exhausted because they made them do like a nineteen hour challenge.
Speaker 1: I guess here's what I think. She's trying to be feeling something for Marcus, who's really going to trauma dump, like for real, for real later. But her thing is like, yeah, but I didn't have a dad. Well I did have a dad for a long time, but then my dad lived in the basement and then he left, and I really fucked up because I didn't have a dad.
Speaker 2: So it's like, no.
Speaker 1: Matter what anybody says, she's like, yeah, but my dad thing, which is just a little bit hard because it doesn't necessarily compete with people who had it like much worse than you, which is why I almost feel like she should go like, oh, like, I feel like if she's genuine empathy, yes that's what I mean, instead of turning it right back to like, oh yeah, I totally get it. But what he's saying, all these terrible stuff, I get it because we have like the same childhood.
Speaker 2: No you didn't, you really didn't, And you know what, You're so right, because that's her whole thing. Later is about how she's like, well, what do you think of me? Though it's never about what she thinks of them, No, never, it's her whole thing. And so before we get to the next thing, I do want to say, can we talk about the hot air balloon just real quick? Yeah, just a shows up and you're right, that's kind of one of those just like that feels like a long way she had to leave her Ayahuasca trip that she went on. She's like to do one line in Seattle and I got to wear this thing. Okay, yeah, in a gallicate and then you guys, have you guys ever defied gravity? Well, you're about to hot air balloon, and now you've just totally given up on the fact that, like, because the whole thing was that Jen is so afraid of heights, and now every episode is like, oh, are you still afraid of heights? Okay, well we're gonna send you up in an unmanned hot air balloon, which looked a little like shoddy. If you did it looked there was like a there's a butterfly on it, So I think they put that on there so we didn't notice that. It kind of looked punctured. Yes, it looked like you notice that, especially when they came back. I think that, Yeah, it looked like it had lost air. I was like, is there atacks in that happened in the during their trip? Oh my god, I love that you've noticed that too. But you know what would have kept them cozy in the hot air balloon when it's getting a little bit chilly up there in that Seattle air I think I know where you're going with this. Jenny nice, a nice cozy Jenny Caine sweater. You guys, you've heard us talk about this you've probably heard other people this is like, really my favorite sweater I've ever owned in my life, Jenny Kane. They make other things, but their sweaters are just to dive for. I got the heather gray Fisherman sweater and it just it fits perfectly, little pair of jeans and boots, and I just feel like, I just feel like a million bugs, Like it's luxurious.
Speaker 1: I got the Kashmir cocoon cardigan and it is so cute. I get compliments all the time. I've already been wearing it because you know, the weather out here gets it can get chilly at night, and I people have been like.
Speaker 2: Where did you get that sweater? And I tell them Jenny Kane. Yeah, they are a lifestyle. They are a choice. And I am telling you guys, if you want to treat yourself or someone close to you birthday coming up, even for Christmas, get an early start on that. Like you want to check out Jenny Kine.
Speaker 1: So find your new uniform at Jenny Kine dot com, and our listeners get fifteen percent off your first order when you use the code rose Pricks at checkout. That's fifteen percent off your first order at j E N N I K A y n E dot com promo code rose pricks. Let getting dressed be one least thing to worry about.
Speaker 2: Embrace your fall.
Speaker 1: Esthetic with Jenny kin again. Find your new uniform at Jenny Kaine dot com. You get fifteen percent off your first order when you use the code rose pricks at checkout. Fifteen percent off your first order j E n n I K A y n e dot com promo code rose pricks.
Speaker 2: Okay, So meanwhile, back at the house, the guys are kind of bummed, but we don't really we don't. We don't sit there for a while because now we're at our baseball field date, like as though they had not done enough. Like we did enough, We did everything there is to do. With Marcus, yes, he's okay, but this is a big moment. So he's getting he's feeling overwhelmed. He's excited about being on the baseball field. He's like, I never thought i'd be here. You know, he's into that. That's more his speed than Wicked. But then you know, I was going to call it a trauma dump, but I don't even want to call it that because it was so real, Like this poor guy, I had no idea that was his life. What are you talking about? You're skipping to the nighttime portion right dinner? Oh? Sorry, yeah, I thought I got. There was so much with him that I thought I got those two things. We got the baseball field. It was all. It was all. They were just like bananas and bananas going on. Yes, so don't forget that.
Speaker 1: Then we we quickly find out the date card is going to everyone. Everyone's on the group date except for Jeremy. So we find out Jeremy's going to be getting the one oh one mm hmm to.
Speaker 2: The one on one he gets that. Look, we know what we're doing, guys, We're making T shirts. Okay, you try branding. I want to one on one date. They're gonna do it on the show. They're gonna be like, who's getting the one on one? Yeah? Because you know how we hate that, like hometown even just words like hometown. I literally wrote on my thing I go Cecily hates this because they do it a lot. I'm going to hometown, yeah, Fantasy suites yeah, or America's next, talking about pant We're going to panel. Shut up. It's not things that people say. So she's like babbling, Oh, she starts kind of babbling about their safe space. Is this on the nighttime date? I guess it has to be now right. Well there, I.
Speaker 1: Also wrote there's just a lot of I'm fearful, I'm hopeful, journey adventure, soulmate. They're so bland. Okay, yes, so Marcus tears up. He's like, oh, I can't be vulnerable. But then he's like he gets right to it.
Speaker 2: He's late in this moment. I felt for him.
Speaker 1: Because I don't come from a perfect family. My sister and I were born in a rough situation. Our parents couldn't take care of us. And then they brought us to day one day and never came back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they were like shopped around a different foster peer. I mean he really did. He downplayed it. He's like, yeah, I didn't you know, man, I'm the best childhood. Like, no, you you might have had the worst. This poor guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, and this is gonna sound terrible, and I this is gonna sound terrible, and I feel really badly. But like my stepfather had a really similar background. Okay, his mom died when he was really young and he was sent to a basically they it was more of an orphanage in those days, and so it's like today's foster home. It's like a foster group, uh, and with a bunch of boys there. And then he was put in different homes and then sent back like he was kind of used in different foster with different foster families, and then then he went back to the group home and then eventually, like at eighteen, just joined the military. So but here's what I'll say, stepfather is real fucked up and you know, didn't really get actual help and therapy and solve and you know what I'm saying, Like it's very very sad. It also doesn't necessarily make you it a good partner.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good well a good Yeah, no of course, And I'm yeah, no it is. And we're not saying Marcus isn't fucked up. He's saying he is.
Speaker 1: Well, that's my point, right, That's my point though, is like it's difficult when you're watching it because you're like, I feel really badly for him, but I do not think that this guy is ready to be somebody's husband.
Speaker 2: And I don't think he's under her. Whether he is he's both of those things are true. He's not ready for any of this. But it's also I don't think if he was, it'd be her. Not that there's anything wrong with her, she's great, but I just don't think he's that ender is the vibe I get, right, But I think that she's feeling terrible for him.
Speaker 1: And she's also I don't want to say mistaking it, but like, I don't think it's enough to just be vulnerable. I don't think it's enough to be like, I'm willing to tell you this awful story about my childhood, because that's that's not.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean. It's he might be abusive. Yeah we don't know anything yet, Yeah we don't know. And then so she has to give him a rose, and it's so ai written her speel like it's like, oh, Marcus, did you enjoy the enjoy the Emerald City today? Did you have a good time? I thank you for being vulnerable? Bye bye, Like it's just so written.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And she's also she's also like acknowledging. She's she's like, you know, hearing his story really makes me understand where he's coming from. And I kind of get why he can't open up, and that's why I like him.
Speaker 2: So much more. That shouldn't be your reaction, right, But she can't cut him there. I mean, there's no there's nothing left to do. She's just like, well, I guess I'm going to your hometown. Yes, yeah, I mean that's it. That's what they wanted, so like that's what she has to do. Like I've never seen them do so much on a date on one date ever in any season ever like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what you said we were talking earlier off the air, but it's kind of true. It's like, well, we I don't know. I mean, if she doesn't pick him, that's going to be I mean, he's with this guy with horrible abandonment issues. I think it's gonna she's got him to totally open up. Oh you think he'll self eliminate either he gets either he's either they're engaged, which I don't see ending.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: I think he has a lot of work to do on himself. And I don't mean that like like work to do on himself, like it's his fault. But I mean I think he has to get healed. He's got the military trauma and his childhood trauma, right, and he's saying I'm not ready for this he's saying, I'm I don't.
Speaker 2: I can't. I don't think I can do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so either he self eliminates or she eliminates him, or he wins. None of these things are a good situation.
Speaker 2: Not as of yet, not yet. We haven't seen that yet. But I agree with you. So now we got a lot to go. So now on the radio, we got the radio show, which I thought you might have some insight too. I think I know that guy, the guy with a gray beard. I can't now, I can't remember his name, but I think I've met him at morting Jebel Jubil and Bender. I think I know Bender. I'm pretty sure. I'm pretty sure I know Bender. I think I was on air with Bender. I'm not joking. I believe I don't remember. Yeah, I'm almost positive. And uh, I kind of liked this. I kind of liked this little stop and by the morning show King. Okay, I mean it was, you know, cheesy and set up, but they have done that before you got you had Jason and Molly there. Did you notize that Molly was like kind of yelling, like not like she was screaming and mad at somebody, but her voice like she has a problem maybe with her voice. Yeah, I did kind of notice that. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: I didn't think she had a problem with her voice. I was reading it as like she's being very performative. Yeah, I mean he would just be like, yeah, yeah, it's good to heet me here, and she's like, we were all on the show too one time.
Speaker 2: He's like, all right, Molly, we know, we know how that went down. It was a good That was actually a very good season, right, right, So they asked her questions and she's she's alone with these two DJs, and she's like, yeah, like, I literally like Sam the most. I love to kiss him.
Speaker 1: And then the guys come in and I noticed on the Chiron they're still calling him Sam. M there's no other Sam's anymore. You don't have to do that, guys. He could just be Sam now. So they decide they do. They're like, we're gonna do rapid fire word Association. Okay, shower and one of the guys goes every day that was grand, yeah yeah. And then they're like Rose and the guy goes me or whatever, and then they get to Sam and they say fantasy.
Speaker 2: Suite and he says aggressive, Yeah, I mean, I'm surprised he didn't just say Trump, I love Trump, Mada. I mean, it was so bizarre and everyone's like whoa, and they love it. The guys love it. Devin's like, I knew this was going to happen because he's a dumb ass, But what did that even mean? They didn't even stop and analyze that. The radio guys didn't even go, what do you mean by aggressive? Well, they kind of did. I feel like the like the woman, Yeah, I think I feel like they said something. Somebody said something. They were like, whoa, Okay, is that? What are you sure that's what you want to go with? Well, then they just moved on though he'd never explained what he meant by that. What do you mean by you say? I think he's just so dumb? They didn't want to fuck with him because they're like, oh, we can't. This is going to be really bad radio because he's not something's wrong with his mind. Yeah. It was bizarre. It was crazy, and it kept getting worse, and the guys are loving it, and I was kind of loving watching the guys it, you know, like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they're like, well, give us three words to describe Jen and somebody's like witty, charming, intellectual.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then they're they're like, Sam, how do you feel about Jen? And he goes, uh, well.
Speaker 2: Well you're I've said I'm falling in love with Jen from the first meeting, but that's a lie. It's been since she made a toast about ferocious love, and I would describe my love as reckless. And then then they go to Devon and he's like, yeah, Sam talks and talks and talks, but doesn't really say anything. Then they come back to Sam and he goes, and I'm the kind of person who's always filling up other people's cups. I was like, with what drinks laced with row? Hypno, what are you filling upple? What does that mean? He just says all the things he said everything, every mishmash is just a word salad of reality shows speak. That's what he's doing. It's just a fire passion, ferocious love, blah blah blah. He's just so I understand, getting flustered, like he's maybe not the guy for he's not a talker, as Devin told us, Like he's like this is not his strong suit, which he also says later, but he's literally, it's like he's a robot that is shutting down. He's like in two thousand and one, which he later says, he actually says, Daisy, oh yeah, get we'll get to that huge. That was huge. That's funny though, because oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh it's coming right here. I wrote it all down. So basically Jen is kind of rolling her eyes and the guys are noticing it, and Jen goes, I'm and Jen says to I think to the camera, She's like, I'm confused, and I just don't know how authentic he is. And then you're getting So then the Sam is asked to stay longer in the radio booth. The other guy's go in another room to listen, and Sam's and.
Speaker 2: You know, the radio because they know he's a train wreck. They're like, let's keep him in there, let's go. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So Jen says again Jen just being about like me. She's just like, well, how is your opinion of me changed from when we first met. So now Sam goes he's just digging his own grave. He's just like, oh, well, I got out of the limo and I thought this girl is not my type.
Speaker 2: He says it. And that's when so that it shows the other guys. Somebody says, damn Sam, which definitely is the name of this episode. H huh right, like, damn Sam, I mean that was amazing. I gasped, did you. I like, yes, I oughtibly gasped by myself.
Speaker 1: Yes, me too, I was like. So then he says, I thought the Bachelor it was gonna be Daisier Maria. I mean, obviously you're stunning, you know, but but also that fades what are I.
Speaker 2: Was talking about? So he's saying, like, you're good looking too, but like you're kind of a dummy. You know. I'm gonna be honest. I thought it was day Daozy yep, which you duve he should have been with Daisy. They would have been so good together. You're not going to get another Bachelor recap where I'm giving you Stanley Kubrick's two thousand and one lines. You just aren't, or we're going to brand our own names for things. The one went welcome, Yeah, okay. So Sam goes, I think, here, here, here's here's my story. I think I was meant to be here, and I'll so like I want to have kids and like be a father. So Jen goes, okay, but what about me makes you think we're right together, and he goes, you're selfless. He kept saying selfless. How do you know. She's like, how do you know I'm selfless?
Speaker 1: And he says, well, you're either selfless or you're full of shit, right, And then he goes and at the end of the day like, something you know about me is just like, let's run this up the flagpole, like I trust the process.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then he's like, you kept me in a closet? What was that? I'm sure he's nuts. I don't know what he's saying, saying words that don't honestly don't make sense.
Speaker 1: He goes, oh, and then he goes, oh, I just realized I just figured out how you're selfless, and she's like okay, and he goes.
Speaker 2: Night one was like hot, and then the guys are like, what does that mean? He's not answering the question what is her being hot?
Speaker 1: What does that have to do with her being selfless? And then all the guys are like, I could totally answer this question right now. So then Jes says keeps saying do you feel you know me? And he's like, from early on, I was.
Speaker 2: Like we got a fuck he just grabs her head, yes, aggressively, aggressively, and it was so weird. You could tell She's like, oh, she felt it was all that was really actually kind of scary.
Speaker 1: It was so so uncomfortable. I feel like I feel like the Bachelors should have given a trigger warning on that they do trigger warning. It was it felt like assault to me. It was kind of he rose. I mean, I know it was her head in though, and she was clearly trying to get away from him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was. It was really tough to watch. So now she kind of addresses it there at night and they're all sitting around and she's like, one of you guys made me a little uncomfortable. Yeah, I wonder And Sam doesn't even really get that. It's like, do you think it's Devin was like, do you think that might have been you? Bro? And Devin's like, I don't know, I don't know, bro. No, Sam, Devin says, do you think it might have been Sam? Yeah? Dev says that. Sam's like, I don't know, maybe could be any of us, could really be any of us? No, probably couldn't be. And it's funny too at this point because now I guess we'll get to our spoiler. But there she's talking to differferent guys and she and Grant are so damn cute together, so you know more, all the more shocking later when we find out who's eliminated. I mean, they're he's so cute, but they're cute together for a moment, like she likes him. I don't get it. I don't get it. But everybody's feeling it, Jonathan's feeling everybody's kind of Jonathan's kinda eh, he's lagging behind. For me, I'm not really feeling him.
Speaker 1: No, he's not getting a lot of time and he's not really showing personality. But so Grant's says, I'm falling in love with you, and I really mean that. And then Jen says, Grant expressed feelings of love for me, and that made me really happy. Why why you're gonna get rid of him this episode?
Speaker 2: You're just you?
Speaker 1: Just all she wants is for like I just like I love hearing about all these guys what they love about me. It makes me so happy to hear like all.
Speaker 2: She talks about. Now, that's it. So we realize at that moment we already knew this Spencer has no chance. But then we also see, like, no way Devin is not getting a rose. The way they're, the way they play, and the way talking about hometowns and stuff. She's into him. I mean, there's just no question she likes him so right, you know?
Speaker 1: But have you noticed that every time she talks about the guys, And I mean, I know you've noticed this because we just talked about it, But like with Sam, she keeps saying like, what do you like about me? What do you like about me? But with all of them, I have never heard her say one thing about any of the guys that she likes about them specifically, except for how they make her feel exactly.
Speaker 2: It makes me feel seen.
Speaker 1: He makes me feel understood, He gets me. What about them do you like? I think she's so insecure and also has a lot of work to do. And I think she's damaged and insecure and needs to be like filled up and anything that doesn't do that is toxic.
Speaker 2: But that's even more like I don't even know what that is, not just being filled up, Because when you're like that and I'm like that, you become the guys are ever you like? So many you overlook a million things about guys, right, you overlook the stupid red because you're like, you really get into them. It's not so I don't. I don't know what it is, but it's it's it's like a form of narcissism that I can't quite understand because it shouldn't be all filtered on her, like she should be kind of fallen for some of these dudes. Yeah, and if she's not, then led to tell producers, look, I'm not maybe that is the first season where I'm not feeling any of them. Sorry.
Speaker 1: Well, later she's going to tell Devin that she's also falling in love with him, and.
Speaker 2: Were you weren't you just like, well, based on what like what? Yeah, I have never seen moments where like you guys haven't been through something where you're like, oh my god, I you know, I saw this guy with a child or I you know, there's been nothing that she's seen about him except for things he says to her, right, and she doesn't know his backstory. She doesn't know what we know about Devin, So imagine he's kind of charming if you don't know all those things, he's charming and he's better than the other one, like she's connecting more because at least he's kind of funny or you know, they can kind of goof around. I guess I don't, I don't. I don't know, but so are the other guys, says Jeremy. Oh kind of we'll get what. We will get to that, and it's like literally a second okay.
Speaker 1: So yeah, So Jonathan's like, my feelings have skyrocketed for you, and Jen goes, Jonathan challenges me. Okay, Spencer's like, thank you for letting me know that you see me, and Jen goes, You've given me more than any of my previous relationships. And then Devin goes, I want you to know that I'm enjoying the thought of you coming home with me, Like I know who you are. Okay, Devin says a bunch of times he's like, I know who you are. I get you. Well, what what tell us one thing about her? Then none of these people. I'm not feeling invested in any of these couples like I have in past seasons because it all feels generic to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, So then it really gets generic because she pulls Sam again and she's like, you know, something just feels like it's missing he's so off, it's getting worse and worse, and he's flexing.
Speaker 1: His muscles and like miss kind of massaging his wrist and like making his hand go up and down.
Speaker 2: I hate somebody likes. She keeps asking, and she's getting himriled up because she's like why me, though, she keeps saying why do you like me? Why? Why? Why? It's so crazy. She goes, I don't want you to feel like I'm badgering you, but I really need to know how you feel about me, And she's totally badgering him. So then he winces in a way that's like is he in pain? Should we cut? And like make sure that like get a medic out here. I literally thought he was having a stroke. And then he starts like clearing his throat like compulsively, like he was having a stroke. Trust the process. Yes, he's malfunctioning. He's literally robot malfunctioning. And then he's like, I love you all. That's what it is. I love you all, And everyone eat you know us at home Jen Everyone's like, wait, what where'd that come from? That was crazy? That was so what a weird way to go about that. He's like, I didn't want to tell you, yet you're making me tell you I love you. Okay, Well, well you could have told her at any point. That's the whole point of the show, right.
Speaker 1: So then Jen says to camera, She's like, it just doesn't seem real. And then she says to him, she's like, you can't even express why you feel the way you feel. I think we need more time to see if we can get there. Okay, okay bye huggs.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, see yah, So no one gets a group date Rose, you know, because obviously not at this point. So okay.
Speaker 1: But then then there's scenes they shoot scenes. The guys are like sitting around gossiping, but except for Sam, who's taking a pensive walk around Seattle.
Speaker 2: Yeah he's scared. Sam is scared. He realizes he didn't like guys. I need some air. I need to just walk around in tight white T shirt and just like think, think thoughts do you get can you get a shot of my face thinking thoughts? Do I seem like I'm thinking right now? You see like a little wheel turning like on his brain. He's not doing great. Now here comes another surprise. This is why I actually didn't hate this episode. So now she has her date with Jeremy at the fish Market, which I've been to and I'm sure you have to. I don't love I don't really get the whole point of the fish market. I think it's kind of gross. It is. I think it's gross to take dead animals. Yeah, I mean these fish. Like, listen, I eat fish. I'm not saying, you know whatever, but like they are dead and they were once alive, and you're just throwing them around as a game. Yeah, like to eat them because we need to eat them and we need the nutrition like that. Maybe Okay, sure you could argue that, but yeah, I just don't like it. Sorry, And that's weird, Okay.
Speaker 1: I just had a moment in my head where I was like, and then does she eat fermented shark?
Speaker 2: And then I'm like no, that was ninety Day the other Way, which I watched. Right after it gets confusing, it does get all kind of balled up. Yeah, so Jeremy's our little a APEI QT, but he's still not doing it for me. I was so bored by him. I love his story. I mean I relate to him. We don't see people like him on the show a lot. And as two Jewises like, I know who Jeremy is, but I'm still finding him a little boring.
Speaker 1: He already shot his wad though with the I used to be fat because now he doesn't have anything, so he really doesn't.
Speaker 2: Oh he's already told her.
Speaker 1: He already trauma dumped to the best of his ability before his one on one.
Speaker 2: So I feel like the one on one was really anti climatic. It was boring. But maybe maybe it's not so bad for him to be a little boring. Maybe we're both doing the thing that we're telling Jen not to do. Hey, he has a good relationship with his family. He seems pretty chee. He's good finance bro. He's got money as he was, had fun in college. Like, maybe he's not the worst.
Speaker 1: I just think it's interesting that she's, you know, on a different date, she was really into the fact that like, hey, I'm a Buddhist. You need to be okay with that, Like I want to raise my kids Buddhist.
Speaker 2: And he's like, hey, I'm.
Speaker 1: Jewish, Like I really like, at the end of the day for my kids to be you know, raised Jewish, And she's like cool, cool, yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, them to like Buddhist. Oh yeah, I was I skipped the rest. I mean, we already talked about their Let me just tell you a couple of things about the rest of their days. He makes her a bouquet of flowers. Fine, that was boring. Then they go to like a psychic. Well, first there's a psychic chicken who's basically like, y'all suck. There's whatever that is. Then they go to an actual psychic who does not seem to think they're a good match either, but she's trying m mmm, you know. She'll be like, oh, your hands look like maybe you were a drummer. He's like, I was a drummer. Obviously, production told her everything right, your name's Jeremy. That just seemed But even the psychic it didn't seem like, yeah, you guys. She was basically like, yeah, you got some things that could work together. It's like in Bride'smaid you called some stuff. Yeah, you called some stuff. I it didn't feel like there's just no there's no passion here, but I loved Well. When we get to the night date, we have the conver Oh, Jeremy keeps making the same joke. He does it during the day and at night, and it's not a graze like, is this where you're gonna kill me? He keeps saying that, and oh my god. Four times she's sort of like you know when people make jokes that they're trying too hard and you're like ha ha yoh, but you're really annoyed. Yes, she's I feel she's at that point. Yeah, because when he says it, she just Both times she's like maybe, yeah, yeah, exact, yeah, I guess maybe I kind of want to yep. But he says it in that voice like this is where you're going to kill me. I don't there's something it's just Flemy, I don't love it. Also, this is.
Speaker 1: A really small point, but when they before the night date, they sit and have some lunch and Jeremy goes so like, how was your night? You know, I wasn't there or whatever, and she's like, well, there was some confusion. She's basically telling him about the Sam thing, and I was like, that is never a good sign when you are telling like that gives me friend zone vibes. She's basically telling Jeremy about what happened with Sam.
Speaker 2: But like Jeremy can't Yeah, you're totally right, it's not going to be him, but he can't win and he can't be the Bachelor because he's too boring. As we talked about late, you know, right, you know we're almost revealing it. But I love the conversation he has about the Jewish stuff. I love that he's At first I was a little worried of like too close to mom maybe, but then it didn't feel like that I've experienced that, and it wasn't that he just loves his mom and he wants whoever he ends up with to have like kind qualities like he feels she does.
Speaker 1: I wrote then a bunch of Jewish and Buddhist talk, and this is so much healthier than those fucking Maga dudes. Yes, you just know Jeremy's liberal and sweet. And now for him that he's talking about zero chemistry, That's what I wrote.
Speaker 2: Zero chemistry. But I love that he's talking about it like a great grandfather, you know, died. He tries to say World War Two, he doesn't say Holocaust. I know he wants to, and she sort of kind of has this like really like she's so shocked. You're like, look if you meet and she does have a lot of Jewish friends. I love that she started, She's like, I do shippat and she knows all the words and stuff. I thought that was cute. But look, you know, ask any of them. We almost all have.
Speaker 1: A relative that died in the Hololaust. We're going to say the word Holocaust.
Speaker 2: Say the word. And it's not Jeremy's fault. I'm sure he was told not to and he had to say world where. Maybe he softened it for her, But I love that he brought it up. I've never seen that done on The Bachelor. I liked it to same. Yeah, okay, agreed, because that's the thing guys. You know so so John the Hotel Monaco Jen.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we saw this at the beginning of the episode. They teased to it that Jen was gonna.
Speaker 2: Storm in where Sam I need to talk to him, so you would think that she found out some information about him. She said he had a girlfriend that we know about. Yeah, that's how they tease it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's so stupid. This is what I'm talking about, where there's no actual drama. It's like just trumped up, like oh, when did she suddenly get a bug that like, oh, I've got to confront him right now, confront him about what.
Speaker 2: I think it was maybe an editing. I'm not sure because it didn't really I'm sure there was more to it. She was getting herself worked up. It should have shown her more like explaining to her producer, like, I just think he's fucked me over this whole time by pretending to be someone he wasn't. Maybe that's what it was. They don't show that. Instead, she's just storming into his walks right in. She doesn't even knock, Well, she does knock, he doesn't answer, and then she just opens.
Speaker 1: The doors in and like goes and like confronts him. But there's already a cameraman in his room, so he knew she was coming.
Speaker 2: Good call. Yeah, so she like, I thought that was odd, And he's nervous. He's like putting on his neck dye. What if he was just masturbating? They just and they production.
Speaker 1: Knew, like ck though, He's like, I've been waiting for you. I was hoping you'd be here. I need someone to masturbate in front of.
Speaker 2: I sent you a little note through production, would it be okay? Did I have your consent to masturbate in front of you? And you said, yeah, why are you being like this, why are you being so fixing his neck tie. He's like, oh, oh am I canceled. Now, oh are you going to cancel me? Fucking bitch. But he finally says she's like, what are you feeling? He's like, I'm nervous, you know, I'm kind of terrified. I think, he says is the word he uses, but then he starts his word salad again. Love is a sacrifice blob, I mean just non sense again. Right, He's like, love is patient, love is kind. Uh, let me look up the Webster's Dictionary definition. Love is all you need. I believe I'm the one who said that. It's always call youing the person, the only person that I see. Hmm, all you need is love. I just wrote, Oh my god, this is insanity. The more he talks, the less sense he makes. But Jim does not. She just she goes. She keeps saying this over.
Speaker 1: She's like, I don't know, like you're saying all these things, but I don't really believe it.
Speaker 2: But what is she even believing or not believing because he's not saying anything. It's not like he's saying the right thing right, Like he says something like oh like you know, I love you, but the truth is, like a lot of people have what you have. He says that, yes, you know, you have a lot of things I like, but you know a lot of people out there have that. Like he cannot He's so terrible that he can't contain it. So even when he's trying to say all the right things, just every wrong thing comes out, which is what he really thinks. This is what's not even attacked to her. This is what he says, word for word.
Speaker 1: He goes, I mean, I could go on about your passion for love, your desire for want to the family, but the truth is there are tons of other women with those same characteristics as you.
Speaker 2: I've had those people in front of me.
Speaker 1: But I feel like you're waiting for answers, like with words. Anyway, here's my story. I stepped out of the limo and your energy soothed my soul. Anyway, this is the real story though, when you did cheers to ferocious love, like I felt that, like I felt that, yes, And then Jen goes, this is a script, and he goes love, He's still malfunctioning.
Speaker 2: He's just like doesn't here.
Speaker 1: He's like, love is a feeling that you can't like go a day without the person, like, oh, then the next time I saw you, I took the biggest breath of air and I felt life again.
Speaker 2: I felt alive.
Speaker 1: But then really where everything switched to me was the whole stripping thing, like you poured into my emotional soul.
Speaker 2: What it's insane a tea, it is dazy days. She goes, okay, wait on our one and on one on our one oh one, what did you learn about me? And he goes, I get that you yearn for a love so powerful it burns like a hundred sons. You have no idea how much I appreciate you. I love you, and she goes, okay, but to love someone you have to understand them, and he goes, you saw the best in me when I didn't even see it in myself. Yeah, it's just spitting out affirmations nonsensically, And finally she's like, okay, I can't now you're insane.
Speaker 1: So she watchs out and she tells the producer. She's still confused though, which is upsetting to me. She's like, I don't know, like he's saying all these things and like I.
Speaker 2: Just don't know.
Speaker 1: He's not really telling me like what he likes about me. M. So then she goes back in. Well, the guys all discuss how, oh this was interesting. So the guys are all like, yeah, she's pissed, like you don't come in like if it's something good. But Grant points out he's like, yeah, but it does mean she cares, right, Like, you don't get that upset if you don't care about the person, right. So then Jen goes back in for more m and she's like, it's been like a confusing week and like a really confusing journey, and like I really wanted to it to be real, but like you didn't even ask me, Like you didn't even talk to me about what I need from you.
Speaker 2: I need Mara from yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Then Sam goes, you didn't even listen to one thing I said.
Speaker 2: Which is not wrong about that. At that point he says one real thing, which is like they're both this is just awful, right, So then she's like, okay, Like this literally reminds me of a relationship that I put in the past. It was like toxic. So I'm done with this.
Speaker 1: I'm done teaching people how to love me and how to prioritize me, I'm done.
Speaker 2: She's she's really downplaying. I mean, if it were us, let's say we were in gen Spot and we were really attracted this guy he had like he had chemistry, but then he was malfunctioned for a whole day and we saw the real guy. We really say that, I'd be like, you are in sane you may maybe she's just trying to be nice, like sorry, it's just not you. Bye. Maybe she can't just say like, are you some kind of dummy? She can't say that, right right right? So then.
Speaker 1: Okay, So then Sam goes and he starts packing, but he's mostly already packed, which I thought was weird.
Speaker 2: Interesting. I didn't notice that he's all his suit cases are packed.
Speaker 1: So then so then Sam tells us like, you know what, not my fault. None of this is my fault, and I'm always going to keep the main thing the main thing, And this is something that I will stand like ten toes down like it is what it is, like I'll run that up the flagpole.
Speaker 2: You know what? He should have said that could have nothing could save Sam at this point. You know, I'm sorry if his parents are listening, I know they don't like this, but you know, he dug he dug this, But I I think he could have said, like, I'm really, you know, just not good with words. I don't express myself that way like off, you know, after he was off, just say like I'm just you know, even say something like I have a phasia, say some use of one of the things that everybody uses my ADHD I to say something to just say because then people will go, hey, well, well that's relatable. It is hard to talk sometimes, like we do get flustered, right, But he couldn't even do that because he's like such an asshole. Yeah, so off he goes, Thank God, good call Jen. Finally, so now it's time for the final roses. And I had no idea. Now it's time for the rose ceremony. We know Jeremy and Marcus to already have roses. So at this point, who did you think? Who did you think the other two hometowns were going to be?
Speaker 1: Well, I thought that Grant was going to get one. I thought Grant, and I thought Devin. Yeah, she was falling in love with them. So I was like, well, he's going to get one. I did not think Jonathan.
Speaker 2: I agree, I one hundred percent agree. I thought for sure it was going to be Grant and Devon, but I guess Grant didn't get a lot of time whatever. I was shocked. I was like, what the fuck? So really so no Grant. I thought maybe even for a second when she called Jonathan con then Jonathan, and then I thought that she was going to add a hometown because they have done that. They've done where they've done five I think once, and they've done three where they're like, look, I don't have enough for four, so let's just you know, they've switched it up. I thought for sure Grant would get one. But no, no Grant, no Spencer obviously, so then Grant. So Spencer calls his mom and that was excruciating for me. Oh baby, oh baby, oh baby, baby, baby baby, and he doesn't even know. He's like, they're sending me home, which is not the same thing as Jen just broke up with me. Those are two different statements. We forget how stupid the show is because it's like, yeah, okay, it's like you're getting sent home from camp. Really has even do with her? Yes, yes, b b oh no, my baby old baby. No, but he's out. Yeah, and that's it. There.
Speaker 1: We go there, you have it. Yeah, so the news is that Grant has been chosen as the bachelor. He's going to be our next bachelor, which he's gorgeous. Seems fine. I did see, and I know you're not going to like this that I'm already pointing this stuff out. But he did use the F slur. He called somebody an f slur on Twitter. Granted, yes he did, but it was in twenty sixteen. But to me, I feel like that wasn't that long ago to be doing that. You know, you could say he was a lot younger and maybe whatever it was just boys being boys.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. Not great. No, I don't love that one bit. But I you know, he was my pick from the beginning. He was my guy to win. Remember in art that I was wrong about that. I thought he was going to be in final two. Yeah, we'll see how that goes. I don't mind the pick. I don't like what you've just told me. I don't love that. But it's like he was really a lot younger. I don't know how old he is now, but I mean, how old was Kevin Hart when he said it on Twitter? He was not seventeen? Yeah, Well, I don't really think Kevin Hart's great either. I meanology he owned it, apologized and said, you know, and same with James Gunn. There's all kinds of people where like, yeah, they go, we're just using a word. Yeah, people used, but it's not it doesn't make it okay, And I'm with you on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so he's not going to think about yeah. So here, but here's the thing what you and I were saying. So it's weird that Grant didn't get a hometown.
Speaker 2: I know why because.
Speaker 1: Producers were thinking about making him the Bachelor. And this is a weird rollout, by the way. So and you and I were talking before the thing, like who else could it be? Because it's not going to be Devon too much we know about him behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: H Jeremy. No, Jeremy's too boring, Devon's too problematic. Maybe Jonathan could have been, but maybe she's going to choose Jonathan or Devin because again she does not know the behind the scenes yet, right, So it just seems like, if you are thinking, if Grant's even in contention, why not have him go to hometown so we can get to know his family and like him. I guess he wasn't really in content. I mean, I think she just wasn't into him right, and or they made a deal where it's like, I really like you, but it's not going to be you. So but you're right if that was the case. I said that before and messed up. Because if she really liked him and wanted him to be the next Bachelor, which I do believe they do for each other one hundred percent of I agree, Yeah, they would, she'd bring him along to three at least hometowns. You're right, Yeah, weird. I don't know, but he's the net. We have our next Bachelor already, so we know the show is continuing. Yes, yes, yeah, we got a hometowns. And by the way, let me just remind you, in case you're feeling sad today, a couple things that make me feel happy when I'm out. Let's say you're at work you feel sad, remember that you have some kind of cereal at home that you want that you can't wait to eat. That's exciting. And also, Golden Bachelor is not that far away, so we thought stuff. And we have a cast already, so we can do a cast roast soon soon. Yes, let's do.
Speaker 1: A shout out though to our people. We have Don Lee and Sarah Baker and Jenny Harden like literally Jane mcmurraya and and Yarbro and Shelley Klavier and Sharie Shannon and.
Speaker 2: Cherry's singer A and Tamma adams On and Paul salvan On Stephanie rinker On and said well done, and Lauren Barnes.
Speaker 1: And Ishan Vajpay is still talking about rotary dot org, So why not reward him for his loyalty and just go check them out rotary dot org. See what they're doing these days. Jamie val is going to try to help out your business spitfiresocial dot com. You remember, you know what she does. Adam Lerner, He's going to get you a car. Just go to Adam's Got a Car dot com. Jessica Tepper has a book. Yeah, that's right. Are we still we're doing that book?
Speaker 2: I think we are? Yeah, Oh no, we're not, are we not? For some reason? You know what? Just check out like uh, oh gosh, it's a great book, by the way, it really is. And just go to Amazon and check out our book. Anyway, We'll just tell you.
Speaker 1: And our friend Laura Stewart, has a company called Aspire Counseling Denver, but the website is Denver brainspotting dot com and she works with trauma. She does helps you work with your trauma and they do something called remote brain mapping and it involves a headset that they get you and neurofeedback and coaching services. Pretty cool, Denver brainspotting dot com.
Speaker 2: That's it. Love you guys, thank you, yes, thank you. Stay with us. We got ninety day, we got Real Housewives OC and we got some tea over on Patreon Rose Pricks. So yeah, okay, bye. Nice