Speaker 1: Yea ripped.
Speaker 2: You need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 3: Come running.
Speaker 4: Just as fast as we can, show Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 5: Man six is the Troubleshooter Show Now, Tom Martine.
Speaker 6: Hello, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three Talk three oh three seven one three eight two five five. How you doing today? What can we do to solve your problems? Answer your questions, take your complaints, make your life a little easier?
Speaker 7: Major?
Speaker 6: Mark, Major on the other mic, Mark on the mic. What's happening? I am here, sir? Anyway, Yes, sir, And for those streaming, you'll see a weird camera view of Mark. They got kicked out of their house. Now, why we're out here, out of your house. They're standing weather and installing new hardwood. Then they're standing everything to match our entire first floor. So we are living out of an RV for a week. Oh, that's kind of fun, camping right at the house there. The dogs must be confused as hell. Wait, wait, we're not going, but we're not gone. Yeah, that's right anyway. Three oh three seven one three Talks seven one three two five five. This hour brought to you by my favorite water systems, the healthiest water systems at the lowest prices right now. Thirty nine to ninety five gets you a whole house softener, all chemicals removed, all chlorine removed, softened and drinking water at the kitchen sink, triple filter, reverse osmosis.
Speaker 7: You don't do better, You really don't.
Speaker 6: Waterpros dot net three three eighty six two five five five four. Do you know I've been privileged over the past forty five years, that's just here in Denver, not town before, but the past forty five years to have some of the best sponsors in the business people.
Speaker 7: I expect you to hold.
Speaker 6: Me to my word, and if you have a problem with someone I recommend, I want to know it. I swear to you. And the reason I brought this up is I got this this text, well it's I guess yeah, it's a text earlier saying I think you'd sing another tune if that person wasn't on your referral list. He was referring to the Gravina call of the other day, where we're really there was a problem. There was a problem, but it was clear that it was a manufacturer problem, and the guy wanted to help her with the manufacturer anyway, this guy thought I'd be demanding the install a new window, calling them lion sheets and ripoffs. If you truly, truly objectively go back in your memory banks. I treat everyone the same. Now I expect actually I'm harder on those on the referral list. I expect him to go the extra mile. Now here's the point, does anyone really believe? I mean, seriously, it gets tiring after a while. So I've been doing this forty five years and people think, oh, well, you just treat that person this way, or you just did this, or you manufacture You made this up from my career from television to radio because I go after people.
Speaker 7: It's a controversial career.
Speaker 6: So I have people all the time excuse me, you would do this and you do that. You're taking money on the side, you're doing this, you're doing that. Even Channel seven in the Day back in several years ago tried to do a sting on me and had me go in a room and a guy offers me six grand in a brown paper bag.
Speaker 7: I mean, come on to be on my referral list for when No, here's what happened, Mark.
Speaker 6: Honest to God, Channel I think it was Kobaleski and Ferugia trying to make their mark by going after Martinez. So that just goes to show you who they considered on a pedestal. But anyway, what happened was this guy who had the worst moving company in the world, and I put him on my sleeves brigade. So he called me, Tom, I need to talk to you. I was approached by Channel seven to do a sting on you, and I said what he says, Yeah, they want me to offer you six grand in a brown paper bag to be on the referral list cash. So because you know, you set up such a sleeve now Mark, this is true story, so I said.
Speaker 7: Go ahead and do it.
Speaker 6: I said, go ahead and do it, you know, so you know, I walk into this obvious set up, real bright light. So anyway, it's just funny because you know, does anyone really believe, I mean, taking bribes even judges and stuff. I imagine there are some slying scum bags in the in the Bush administration, there were for sure, But for me, I mean truly, why, especially at my age, but at any age, why would anyone risk an entire career to do something counter to their beliefs. Now, obviously there are scumbags out there, but do you know most of the people we meet, even on this show, most of the people we meet, the vendors, the people that are complaining to turn out to be not so bad.
Speaker 7: I mean, Deputy d you do a lot of problem solving.
Speaker 6: I want to ask you something, So, how many times we really find scumbags?
Speaker 8: Oh, I'd say it's pretty unusual. Yes, I would really most of the time it's a legitimate.
Speaker 7: Mistake or some kind maybe or scumbag.
Speaker 8: I would say, maybe less, a little less than ten percent.
Speaker 6: A little less, I'd tell you, actually two I said one to two percent. I mean of real, true evil scumbags that want to rip people off Martin, like like Jeff Jolliffe. Okay, how many Jeff joalaffs or or Mike sharreiefs from way back in the day with four by four?
Speaker 7: But what was that other guy?
Speaker 8: Well, don't forget about someone who, in my personal opinion, is just a satanically graded Satanic grade the scumbag which would be.
Speaker 6: Grade oh my god, But it's only my opinion.
Speaker 8: Justin Garcia for from Patriot remodeling, who took an elderly lady's last sixty thousand dollars and has steadfastly refused to give it back.
Speaker 6: And oh but we've messed some We've met some people. Oh my god. You go to sleas brigade dot com. You can get an idea Mark who stands out to is being incorrigible.
Speaker 9: Don Eiley is probably the one that always comes back because not only many ruined a lot of businesses, but there was some suicides because of him.
Speaker 6: He's an evil piece of Yeah. He takes these small companies and says he'll do their payroll. So he submits the irs no payroll, meaning for that quarter they had no payroll. So then he submits to the employee employer he works for all of the real costs.
Speaker 7: They write him checks.
Speaker 6: He keeps the money because you write him to your accountant and then they forward it to they take it in trust in some cases. So Mark what we estimated about twenty million. Mark goes down and confronts him live on the air. The guy is like a zombie, just keeps like like Mark's not even there. It's it's like a Saturday Night Live skit. Anyway, Mark, so he goes he literally was arrested all of the people that call the show. We started this whole thing. I mean, we started all the noise and everything. So he goes to prison and then Mark's looking on the Better Business Bureau page and what did you find, Mark.
Speaker 9: Well, he had a triple live star rate plus triple or whatever they call it, a plus.
Speaker 6: Rating on the BA A plus a plus.
Speaker 9: I think he actually off himself in prison or died in prison. In the last year, I received two emails that he died in prison, but he got twelve years.
Speaker 6: But when you go to.
Speaker 9: The fedpen you get an automatic ten percent or twenty percent good behavior. So but I heard he died now man. But the other one time was Jay Lopez. He would go to different counties. He would get anywhere from three to five grand upfront to do a driveway new cement and never show up. I mean, this guy never did anything but cash the check, and we got his ass throat in jail.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Well, then we have Jim Wiese Sleazy Auto service in Bennett forty fourth and this guy that you can this guy you confronted.
Speaker 7: I don't even know if you remember that. Henry Gonzalez.
Speaker 6: I remember saying after you went to him. I put it on the Sea Spagade. Worst body shop ever. Henry Gonzalez gives Bondo a bad name. Yeah he was.
Speaker 2: He was in.
Speaker 6: That guy worked out of his house or a garage. He built out of his house, and it was.
Speaker 9: Either Elizabeth or Parker, and he wouldn't even let me on the property.
Speaker 6: That guy.
Speaker 9: How about This guy turned out to be okay, but he had a window company. His last name was Romerez. So you know, back in the day, I thought I was pretty bad ass. I went and knocked out this guy Guy's door down in Highland's Ranch, and I think we were live and I was walking up to him. The biggest guy I ever saw. He played linebacker for the damn Raiders. Oh yeah, yeah, he scared the hell out of me.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 9: I was like, oh, you know what, maybe we don't have a problem with you.
Speaker 6: I gotta go. He was huge. Anyway, these are good memories people. If you remember a really good case, you want to know whatever happened to question Mark. Let us know, Alice, you have a car engine. What's going on with your car engine?
Speaker 10: Yes, my son took it to Accurate Motors in North Glenn.
Speaker 6: And they now, hold on a second. Did he take Alice? So he took it there for a rebuilt engine?
Speaker 10: No, a new engine they were supposed to okay, new engine from Jasper's engines. Jasper Engines.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well that's okay. They're called remanufactured. They're called remanufactured engines. But I here's what I need to know about this. What kind of a car? Tell me about the car.
Speaker 10: It's a Shoot thousand and eighteen Arcadia, I believe gmc arcadia. I'm not sure about the year, but I'm okay, I know it's a GM.
Speaker 6: No, that's okay, Okay, hang on and we'll come right back to you. And so he took his Arcadia up to what's the name of the shop?
Speaker 8: Accurate looks like Accurate Automotive.
Speaker 7: Up this it's called Accurate Automotive.
Speaker 11: Now.
Speaker 6: The reason I'm very hesitant about that name. We got to be very careful if we have a wonderful company called honest Accurate Auto down in the in the Springs. But in case, we're gonna come back and talk. What happened at Accurate Auto? And where's that in Thornton? Looks like North Glenn and North Glenn. I'm on their website, right okay, so we're gonna look into this right after this message.
Speaker 7: I'm Tom Martino, and the message.
Speaker 6: For you right now is you need to know high efficiency replacements of your system. If you want to get high efficiency heating in air and save money every month, you will not do better pricing than eight eight eight heating dot com three.
Speaker 7: Oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martine here three oh three seven to one three talk So Alice, your son took us twenty eighteen gmc arcadia to Accurate auto in North Glenn and then.
Speaker 7: And the name and Accurate said.
Speaker 10: Go ahead, They've replaced they replaced the engine. A couple of months later, he was having issues with it leaking, so he took it back to them and they said that the rear main field was leaking and that wasn't part of the engine that they replaced, and so he took it to.
Speaker 6: Well, okay, it's it's not it's not it's not part of the engine, but it's kind of a little I don't think it sounds good because when they did the engine, I believe they had to disconnect it from their rear main seal and right Mark right to Dmitri, Right, guys, they just.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 7: Okay, so they.
Speaker 10: Engine people and they say that it is supposed to be replaced when you put the engine, because as it all comes.
Speaker 6: Back, that's what I thought. I don't know if it was supposed to be replaced, but what I do want to say is that it wasn't by coincidence that it's leaking. I mean, so I don't necessarily buy I understand what they're saying. That rearmain seal is not part of the engine, and they would have charged him for it. So is that what you're upset about. They want to charge for the rearmain seal or.
Speaker 10: What, No, he took it someplace else to have it fixed. The other person fixed it. He took it back, and the way.
Speaker 6: Well, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, hold on, Alice, What does your son want today?
Speaker 7: Why are you calling?
Speaker 10: He wants them to warrant you the engine that they sold him. It's still under warranty and they're not wanting to fix it. They're wanting to get almost five.
Speaker 6: Alice, Alice, please, let's just talk about today. He wants them to warrant it. They're not warranting it. Hold on, your son already got it fixed. So what your son is looking for is reimbursement for a repair that he believes should have been covered under warranty.
Speaker 7: Is that correct?
Speaker 10: No, it's not fixed. It's not fixed.
Speaker 6: You said he took it. I thought you said he took it somewhere else to be fixed.
Speaker 10: When when he took it to the other places for them to check it, they told him that that should have been under warranty with the engine.
Speaker 6: And I dreamed that part where you said, did she say he took it somewhere else to be fixed? Did she say that or not?
Speaker 8: She said that it's still not fixed, but not necessarily to fix it.
Speaker 6: Hey, Alice, I need you now to just answer questions with no stories. He took it elsewhere, he took it for a second and third opinion.
Speaker 7: Is that correct?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 6: Yes? And they said it should have been covered under the original job's warranty, right, yes? Yes? Okay? Did they say what was wrong the other shops?
Speaker 7: Okay? Now?
Speaker 6: Then did he then go back to accurate and say I need a rearmain seal?
Speaker 10: Yes, and they're still telling him that it is not under the warranty. They weren't they stuff that needs may be fixed.
Speaker 6: Well, if there's stuff that needs to be fixed, including the rearmain seal and outside of the engine, he should be charged for it, except for the labor. If it should have been done when they install the engine. They are not responsible for anything beyond that engine unless they contributed to it. But I don't believe. I don't understand why the rearmain seal wasn't replaced.
Speaker 7: Now, they would have charged your son for.
Speaker 6: It, but it wouldn't have been that much because the engine was already out of the car. I'm wondering why this is happening, and I need someone to call them while we're on the air because you want to do that.
Speaker 8: Yeah, Tom, I'll be happy to. Now I would like to provide some insight. The rear main seal is actually in the engine itself. It's not in the transmission.
Speaker 6: Oh really, yeah, so shea, So it's not. It's not. It's not the transmission that marries up to the transmission.
Speaker 8: It's where the transmission is married up to the engine. Right, But the rear main seal is in the engine, not in the transmission.
Speaker 6: Really, it's not the seal between them. Yes, yeah, it's it's It's okay, Alice.
Speaker 7: I'm going to have Dmitri call and try to sift through this.
Speaker 6: We're asking why they won't warrant yet, why they want five grand? And I agree with you, Alice, it does sound queer to me, It really does.
Speaker 8: And Ellis said that there are other issues that they said need to be fixed. Elis, what, Yeah, what other issues in this replacement engine.
Speaker 10: I actually don't have the paperwork in front of me. The network at the hotel, and I don't have that with me. But there's other stuff.
Speaker 6: What do you do? What do you do at the hospittle?
Speaker 10: I am a housekeeper?
Speaker 8: What heuse keep housekeeper.
Speaker 10: Oh the patients.
Speaker 7: Okay, oh yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, you know, Alice, that's a really good work. You know, they're so sure of every single person. I'll bet you guys are shorthanded, right.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah all the time.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Well, listen, thank you for what you do.
Speaker 6: Hold on, we're going to gather some information so we can make some phone calls for you. I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven one three talk. Let's talk to Jimmy. Jimmy.
Speaker 13: Yeah, Hi, Dom, what's going on Jimmy?
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, Jimmy, what's happening.
Speaker 13: The reason for my call is I have two thousand and six GMC. I had it ensured with the General.
Speaker 14: I have full coverage on it.
Speaker 13: My vehicle got roll in on the eighteenth, and it basically took them three weeks to get in touch with for me to be able to get in touch with somebody there at their office.
Speaker 6: They said, what was stolen? Jimmy, I know what was stolen? Two thousand What year is it?
Speaker 13: Two thousand and six?
Speaker 6: Okay, hold on a secon We're going to come back to you and talk about this. Okay, we're going to come back and talk about it. I don't blame you for being upset Jimmy. So we'll talk about this insurance problem, the stolen vehicle. Look quick before I go to break Patrick, is this you? Is this our friend Patrick that came into the show one day and you were having I don't want you to do anything right now, we're going to come back to you. But you were having a failure or a tough time launching. You were living with a buddy at the time, Mark, and I said, you know what we want to be. We want you to be our project. We want you to call us at any time before you go left or before you go right, when you have to make a decision. We want to help you and we'll answer any question at any time.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: You took us up on it part of the time, but most of the time you were navigating through. But we were watching each and every step, giving you advice. And the theory I had was, if people know someone is watching, if people know someone's keeping track, if people know someone cares, maybe they'll stay on course. So we'll come back to Patrick. He'd had some rough spots in the road and some weird he took some made some decisions we wouldn't have agreed with at the time, but I'd like to see where he's going right now, so our failure to launch project coming up as well. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here three three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. So Deputy D is getting on the phone with that place to see why the rearmain seal, Now I understand I was a mistaken The gasket between the tranny and the engine as the rearmain seal. The rearman seal is around the drive shaft going and it is somewhat inside that first part of the engine. Mark, did you ever did you always consider the rearmain seal part of the engine or not or as does it depend?
Speaker 9: I think it depends, but honestly, I I'm not sure.
Speaker 11: Man.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is that's why I want to get Kevin on to talk about it. And we're gonna make some other phone calls. So Jimmy, your your vehicle was stolen, your your two thousands GMC, continue with your story.
Speaker 13: Yeah, it got stolen on the eighteenth of February. So I made acclaim with police the same day, and you know, got to police report. I waited probably three weeks before I ever was able to talk to the adjusture. They would not respond back to me, and so.
Speaker 6: And during hold on, during that three weeks, during that three weeks, did you have a rental car?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 13: I did not. I didn't have rental on my insurance.
Speaker 6: So so what did the general respond in three weeks? Nothing?
Speaker 13: Nothing, and not even a phone call.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, you said it took three weeks, Well, it took three weeks for what.
Speaker 13: For for me to actually talk to the gesture.
Speaker 6: That's what I mean. And what did they say.
Speaker 13: They said that they basically had still another five days that it takes they had thirty days by law to respond to these things. And so when I last spoke with her. I spoke with her like three four days later, which was getting close to the time period of it being settled, and she said that she transferred the case to another adjuster. I got a hold of him and very briefly, he said, I'll call you when I have time. I'm very busy person.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you this, Jimmy, Jimmy, Jimmy, when the adjuster, when the adjuster came contacted you after that three weeks, did she inspect the car?
Speaker 13: No, nobody never inspected it.
Speaker 6: It was stolen nothing, so so, oh, that's right, it's not a wreck.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 6: So she contacts you in three weeks and says this could take some time. And then after that you contact them again and they say and she says, oh, I transferred the file.
Speaker 13: You're right exactly. So I called the other adjuster, the one that had the file, and he told me that he was a busy guy and that he had a lot of people in front of me and they would respond as soon as they could. Well, it's been since the eighteenth of February since they stole it, and I still haven't had anywhere you know.
Speaker 6: What march Okay, now, Jimmy, I'm going to give you my honesty god response. My response is it doesn't sound unreasonable right now from February eighteenth to March eighteenth. I mean really, it's only been a month. Yeah, here's here's what I want to do, though, I want to get our insurance expert on to weigh in on this. So, Kat China, if you could get Brian burns On from Compass Insurance Group, do that for me. I would like to get his perspective on that. All right, years ago, we had Patrick call the show. Yes, so go ahead, ask her one more question.
Speaker 7: Go ahead. You waited a while. Go ahead, sir, go ahead.
Speaker 13: Jimmy was I'm disabled. I cannot walk, so I can't even go to the store. Ranked I mean, Tom, I can't even go to the.
Speaker 6: By Jimmy, Jimmy, I get it. So what you're saying is, but but see, you don't have coverage for replacement rides or vehicles. Now that's unfortunate. It is unfortunate. You're disabled, so you depend on that car for everything, right, basically, so have Jimmy. I want to ask you something seriously, King Soupers delivers for little or nothing. It doesn't go. I mean, have you ever gone online and done that delivery from King Supers? They're excellent? I'm serious, Yeah, I never have you ought to try it though, just for a I'm serious and I'm not telling you, you know, just you should just wait forever. But what I'm saying is there are ways to make your life a little easier. What's the nature since you mentioned it, Jimmy, what's the nature of your disability?
Speaker 13: I had a broken neck and brain surgery.
Speaker 6: Oh, oh my goodness, gracious god, brain surgery.
Speaker 7: How are you doing.
Speaker 13: I'm I'm up and walking. I can walk around my house.
Speaker 6: How old are you, Jimmy, Jimmy, how.
Speaker 7: Old are you?
Speaker 13: I'll be sixty five here in a few months.
Speaker 6: You sound pretty damn good to me, Jimmy. But hey, I'm not looking at you. It might be ugly as hell. Yeah, man, Jimmy, listen. Oh have you been on disability all this time? Yes? I have.
Speaker 7: Can you do any work at all?
Speaker 14: Jimmy, No, I can't.
Speaker 6: Was it an accident that happened, jim.
Speaker 13: Yes, it was an accident at work, and then I got messed up from the contractor. He told me I had insurance with his company and turned out and nobody had insurance. I didn't receive anything.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, Jimmy man, I'm sorry for you. You hang on though, and we're going to get an answer from our Compass insurance expert, and then we have more coming up on the trouble. Well, let me just go to this real quick because I do have a minute here, am I. I'm not over for thirty am I? Shannon? Shannon? Okay, Randy, Randy, No, No, it was Patrick failure to launch. I want to hear from Patrick. Patrick.
Speaker 7: You got married during the way.
Speaker 6: It wasn't that part of your journey?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 5: It was.
Speaker 7: Are you still married?
Speaker 6: Patrick?
Speaker 14: Now we are going through what I would classify as a messy divorce.
Speaker 7: Do you have a child?
Speaker 14: Two of them?
Speaker 6: See Patrick? When you came to us, you were a mess, Then you got out of being a mess, Then you went back to being a mess. Then you get out of being a mess. Have you noticed, seriously, now I'm serious, have you noticed the cycle in your life where you get serious and everything gets better and then you fall off the wagon and everything gets worse. Have you noticed it? I have?
Speaker 14: Yes?
Speaker 6: Well, let me ask you something. What is it when everything's going well? That then makes you go back down hill? What is it? If you could put a finger, I mean, if you what's the first thing that came to your mind when he asked you that?
Speaker 14: I wish I could give you an answer.
Speaker 6: Well, Patrick, you have two little ones you brought into this mess now, and those two little ones are everything.
Speaker 7: How old are they?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 14: My oldest is two and my youngest is one?
Speaker 6: Oh my god. And so you guys are going through a divorce? Can I ask what happened?
Speaker 14: We had some things happen just about a year ago next month and we separated.
Speaker 6: What are some things? What does that mean? What does that mean? You had some things happened Patrick?
Speaker 13: Verbal?
Speaker 8: Argument, verbal?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 6: And you never laid a hand on her.
Speaker 7: Did you?
Speaker 6: No? Okay? Did she ever accuse you of doing that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 14: She has and there was nothing, no proof of it. It's actually her brother's actually end of playing.
Speaker 6: Hands on me.
Speaker 7: Oh my god?
Speaker 6: So where where does this stand today? You're in a divorce? Did someone actually file for divorce?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 14: I did?
Speaker 6: And when did you file?
Speaker 14: I filed end of May of last year.
Speaker 6: And where why aren't you divorced yet?
Speaker 14: We are currently waiting for the CPS case out here in Ohio to be wrapped up. That is against my mind.
Speaker 6: What, Kate, Well, tell me what that what is that case in Ohio?
Speaker 14: Because that's that's currently where we live, is out here in Ohio. There is because she had driven my vehicle into a field with both the kids in the car. It told me it was because she was frustrated that they wouldn't go down for a nap and was driving to if that wasn't paying attention, that's what's started the whole CPS case.
Speaker 6: And then well, wait, was she in an accident? Was she in the accident with two little babies in the car? Yes? Were they hurt?
Speaker 14: No one was hurt, thankfully.
Speaker 6: And they charged with the tendency and neglect. Right now, well, what is she going to court for? What is the case?
Speaker 7: Is the case against her or you her?
Speaker 14: And there's been over the past month, there's been four more reports to CPS in the county in which I live, possible abuse against my kids.
Speaker 6: Now, who's taking care of the kids? Your your your ex is there with the children? Are her parents helping out? Or who lives near you? Do you have friends? What is her situation?
Speaker 14: She's been flipped back and forth between her mom and her boyfriend. I only get to see them as of right now every other weekend from Friday night to Sunday evening.
Speaker 6: And you filed for divorce in twenty twenty four? Is that correct?
Speaker 14: That is correct?
Speaker 6: In May?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 6: Okay, listen, hold on a second. I want to hear more about these babies and what's going on. And Patrick, I'm going to give you some straightforward advice. And is the divorce going to be here? Is the divorce here or in here in Colorado or in Ohio where you live? All right, never mind, I'll come back to him. I'm Tom Martine. Listen, we hear about everything in this in this show. I'm serious. It's life CMG Financial. Speaking of life, they're doing mortgages. Yeah, they're doing a great job. Rates are down a little, and then they do reverse loans. They also do the all in one loan, which is a thirty year line of credit three oh three eight eight two, six, six, seven nine. Ask for John partner in lending dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So we're talking to someone that we have been in touch with over the years.
Speaker 7: With his life, we call him our failure.
Speaker 6: To Launch project. He's had his ups and downs, and I think Patrick, all of your downs have come as a result of impulsive decision making. You know that, right, yes, yes, and I know you know it. And what frustrates me is you're smarter than your life indicates. I don't know why. I don't know why. It seems like you have the brains, you really do. You have everything it takes to be a success, but you don't have the programming and you keep going back to this loser mode. I want to know where you learn that? Where did you learn to make stupid decisions and then forge headway into it, fail, get way better, improve yourself, and then fail again.
Speaker 7: When do you first remember the cycle?
Speaker 14: Probably right after high school, just not being able to fall through with the movements that I had need to myself, and then bouncing around and just couldn't follow through with them.
Speaker 6: But when you did, you're successful. I mean, you have had times even these past few years, where you started doing some pretty good stuff, but then it stops. Do you get bored? Patrick?
Speaker 7: Do you get bored when things are just going well?
Speaker 14: Be honest, I do have a problem with that, But I've actually taken some stuff, actually practify things. I actually am more focused on doing what my kid needs right now.
Speaker 6: All right, hold on and we're going to talk about that coming up and more. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying to my your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three O three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer When you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, d news needed, that's who you don't have.
Speaker 11: Come running as fast as we can.
Speaker 2: Shooter's gonna help. Come, man, this is.
Speaker 6: The Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 17: Now, Tom Martine, Hey, Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. I am here solving problems with the help of course all of our people. We solve problems, answer questions, take complaints, make your life a little easier.
Speaker 6: We got major market major off on a remote location as well as I am. We are doing our shows from our respective studios. And then we have Deputy d here in the house with me, and we have a deputy doc back at the ranch, at the main ranch with Kachina and her mimosas. And that sounds like a singing group Katschina and the Mimosas.
Speaker 7: My god, we could.
Speaker 6: Make a hit starring Kachina, Glory and her mimosas.
Speaker 7: Okay, no one can copy that. We're gonna do it. Kachina and I are going to do it, and we're going to bank. Now.
Speaker 6: Then we have Shannon, of course, he's you know, people think Shannon leaves the place.
Speaker 7: He doesn't.
Speaker 6: They just unplug him and put him in the corner. Then when we need him again, we plug him in.
Speaker 7: So let's go to the phones.
Speaker 6: And this issue, by the way, is frustrating with the stolen vehicle, no doubt. And Jimmy, we're getting our insurance. Is Brian available yet, Katchina, I want to get an answer for jim Brian.
Speaker 9: Hey, Tom, I'm on with Compass right now for a personal reason. But Brian's out of the country.
Speaker 6: Man, dang it. Okay, we'll get Matt. I don't think Matt comes in an error anymore. Yes he can, I mean he'll He'll do it, Matt. So asked Matt to come on, or let's call someone else. I really do want to get a feel for the timeline lately with these claims. If we can, so let's try that. Three h three thanks and uh three O three seven one three eight two five five. Now meanwhile, we're talking to Patrick. And Patrick is who we call our failure to launch project, and basically since he graduated high school, we've been following him.
Speaker 7: Oh wait, we do have Brian Burns.
Speaker 6: So Patrick came out rather than I'm gonna go to Brian right now because he's out of the country, I guess, and we got to catch it when we can. Brian. Hey, Tom, Hey, Brian, I'm sorry to bother you on your I think you're vacationing or something.
Speaker 18: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, we have a guy.
Speaker 6: We have a guy that had a car accident February eighteenth. He has the general. He's upset that in a excuse me, he didn't have an accident, the car was stolen. I'm sorry, Okay, the eighteenth. He hasn't heard anything for three weeks. Then he hears something and they say it's going to be a few more weeks. Then he calls the guy was transferred to, and that guy says, I'm busy. I'll get to it when I get to it. Basically, he wants to know if it's unreasonable that he really has not gotten an offer since February eighteenth, the date of the theft.
Speaker 14: That's that's I don't think here. I'll say it two different ways. It seems on recent hole from just normal terms, I don't think that he would have a case as far as it being unreasonable in the policy definition, because there's not a time frame that's listed the General, as you know, we in my opinion, is about as bad as you get, and so I think you almost are assured to have to wait when you're dealing with them.
Speaker 6: Now, is there any law that if you're going to write insurance you have to respond with it this many days or that does it put any kind of onus on the insurance company?
Speaker 14: The term in the policy, if you used to read it, will probably say reasonable, So as you can imagine, that's not that's hard to define. I think if you want to take it to you know, the insurance commissioner, I think it would need to be longer than three weeks or a month. I think I think reasonable. It's probably not defined by that period of time.
Speaker 6: What is involved in a stolen car claim?
Speaker 7: For what will come next?
Speaker 6: The car was stolen, it was reported, there's a place report. Jimmy contacts and puts an acclaim with the general. The General says, we'll get to it. When we get to it. What happens next? When they say they'll get to it, what will happen?
Speaker 14: Well, so they're probably hoping to see if it gets found or you know, if the police find it, so that they don't pay out on it already and then the cars found after the fact. So I'm guessing they're trying to kind of let it work itself out. I'm guessing he doesn't have rental coverage.
Speaker 6: Is that right?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 7: He has no rental coverage?
Speaker 14: Okay, because that would prompt them to want to move a little bit faster, I would think, because they're having to pay out rental in this case.
Speaker 6: Right, Not, that's the problem. He has nothing. He has nothing, so they don't care.
Speaker 18: I think.
Speaker 13: I've been disabled.
Speaker 6: I'm being disabled, being dec he wants to know about being disabled? Being disabled doesn't give you any special privileges ever, they really, except for parking. I'm serious, Jimmy, it's not part of it. I understand that you're having a terrible time because of your disability, but it doesn't put any kind of special requirement on the insurance company to provide you transportation. Yeah, okay, Brian.
Speaker 14: Really, if he wants to report this to the insurance commissioner, it's not a difficult process. You can do it online.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 6: No, And I think I think the fact that they said, well, right, the fact that they said we'll get to it when we get to it they're kind of just they don't care. I mean, what really is to let me ask youselm, Brian, what's to say they can't take six months?
Speaker 14: I mean, seriously, yeah, because I think that would go beyond the reasonable word. And I know that sounds silly because it's not a defined period of time, but I think a month is probably reasonable when you're talking about a total loss. Okay, but I think that if he reports it to the insurance commission, they will absolutely contact the General, So it very well might speed up the process. It's kind of like the you know, the squeaky wheel kind of a thing.
Speaker 6: So so, Brian, do they really, Brian, they really do listen to complaints. And you believe they really would contact the general.
Speaker 14: Oh yeah, the insurance commissioner will. It might not be in the timeframe you want, but they will respond. They will reach out to the general.
Speaker 6: All right, Jimmy, please do that and then do me a favor.
Speaker 7: Call us back in two weeks.
Speaker 6: I would love to hear in two weeks and we will turn up the heat a little, but let's first give him two more weeks. And I know that sounds that's the life to you, because I mean, that's that's a lot for you because every day you're without a car. Now, with your disabilities, almost everything can be delivered, honest to God, Jimmy, almost anything, and the delivery charges are not that much. In fact, I'll bet you with that GMC you have that the delivery charge will be about what you would pay in gas. So try to avail yourself of that kind of stuff. Back to the failure to launch. Gentlemen that we've been on and off in touch with since he graduated high school. Now he's going through a nasty divorce. Let me ask you something, Patrick, why are you getting divorced? Well, I mean what happened? You guys were.
Speaker 7: So much in love.
Speaker 14: So I found out she had cheated on me and then just oh and then she had She's a very mentally abusive person.
Speaker 7: What attracted you to this woman?
Speaker 14: She hid the floor very well?
Speaker 19: Uh?
Speaker 6: And did you hide yours?
Speaker 20: Oh?
Speaker 14: I was open about mine. She actually would use them against me once we started look together.
Speaker 7: What did you say your flaws were?
Speaker 6: Patrick?
Speaker 14: That I had problems with instability and making sure that I was making the right decisions financially and personally.
Speaker 6: You're impulsive and then you're impulsive. Impulsive, Yes, but Patrick, you have nothing, You need nothing to become a success right now. Everything is in your tool chest already. It's not like you have to go out and even do it. What are you doing for work right now? So?
Speaker 14: I work for a company where I actually audit car dealers on what's called a field risk specialist. I do four plan auditing.
Speaker 6: Oh good, that's a good job.
Speaker 16: It is.
Speaker 14: I've been with them for just under under six months. I stepped away from truck driving to this job so I can see my kids more frequently.
Speaker 6: But that's a good But it's a good job. And you're in Ohio and you have to make sure you get a parenting plan? Are you trying to Is she trying to take custody away? All custody?
Speaker 14: She's trying for that. We had a family investigator that put a recommended to a suggested parenting plan of splitting the weeks between me and her.
Speaker 6: And right now I think you're doing. So what did you call about today? Did you call today to get advice on something or did you just want to give us an update?
Speaker 16: Just giving you guys an update.
Speaker 6: Okay, here's what I want to suggest. Now, do you have an attorney.
Speaker 14: First of all, I have a really good attorney worth the price I'm paying for good.
Speaker 6: You're surprised. What did you say he's expensive.
Speaker 14: Or I'm paying for him.
Speaker 7: Worth the price? Good?
Speaker 6: Okay, But here's what I want to tell you. Lose no matter what. Okay, the courts do not care how miserable your ex is at all unless it's a direct danger to the children.
Speaker 7: But listen to this.
Speaker 6: What you believe is a direct danger to the children is not always a direct danger to the children. Try to separate anger from the facts. Please try, Patrick, and just get through the damn thing and then get you know, and you know, she'll have to work. She's not gonna be able to sit on her butt. But she has two babies, so part of that's going to be taken into consideration.
Speaker 7: You're most likely how long.
Speaker 14: Were you married, not even two years.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're gonna have to pay child support for sure, But I don't know about maintenance. I doubt you'll have any maintenance at all to pay. They'll tell her to try to get a job. You'll have to pay for child support and taking care of the kids while she's working. But it's a mess. Patrick, and the same kinds of message you keep getting into. Now you have a good job. So here's what I tell you to do. Get through this divorce. Get through it. Don't give away the farm, but don't fight over stupid things either, and lose the anger. The courts don't care what you think of each other. They don't care. So many divorces waste time on trying to establish how bad a parent or how bad a husband or wife someone has been, and the courts don't care. And I know you might think, well, of course, Tom, but people, I mean that most of the time that is where time is wasted trying to prove someone as a bad person. And most of the time it doesn't matter. It has to be extreme to lose parental rights or all that. And the idea of abuse. Everyone uses the word abuse. That's not to say abuse doesn't happen, but true abuse is rare. I'm Tom Martineau. We have more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. So Randy, let's talk about this clinic. What is going on with you?
Speaker 7: Randy? And I'm sorry for the wait. What's going on?
Speaker 19: No, You're fine. Uh So in August of nineteen I retired from the military.
Speaker 6: And oh what what branch of what branch of military? What branch?
Speaker 19: I was in the army.
Speaker 6: And how long were you in the army?
Speaker 18: Twenty years?
Speaker 6: Wow? Thank you very much for that. Seriously did you did you like it? What did you do in the army? What did you do?
Speaker 19: I was an MP stryman, rifleman. I deployed eight times. It definitely allowed me to become something in life like I was. I was on the road to uh a bad a bad road when I was growing up. So I've got a lot of lineage I can track military service back to the uh Civil War. So just if it fit perfectly for me, like, I wow, that it does.
Speaker 6: It sounds like a perfect fit. So what's going on since you've been out? How are things going? You know?
Speaker 19: I have my ups and downs. It can always be worse, you know, it can always be better. And what what what makes when I retired? Yeah, I uh, I needed some psych help. I was getting psych help in the military, and then obviously when you transition from active you're retired, like you lose a lot of that stuff. So I had to go out in the cion markets.
Speaker 6: Yeah, some psychics.
Speaker 19: So I went to a clinic and I'd say I didn't see them more than like six months, like they were flusy and this I don't know it was. It was a disaster.
Speaker 6: I actually now, hold on, hold on, Randy, Why Randy? Why was it a disaster? I mean, what do you mean, like the counseling was a disaster? The doctor, the clinic, what are you talking about?
Speaker 19: The clinic and the psychiatrist. So I have PTSD and CBI. You know, I've I've got in continence, I've got a laundry list. I'm not interested in disabled with VA. And you know, so I've got a lot of baggage that I carryed along around with me. I may average two hours of sleep a night. You know. The psychiatrist just up and left the clinic. They had some sort of professional disagreement.
Speaker 11: And she bounced.
Speaker 19: Didn't let anyone know. Then I went six weeks without medication, which is a huge no no for me. Next thing I know, I'm suicidal and I'm on the phone with the Veterans Crisis Line with a gun in my head. Like it was really really dark, mister tom Right, So I find another why go into like a residential and treatment facility and yeah, I get out of that. I find another clinic, and I have nothing but huge success with the other clinic. So now we're in like the COVID era. You know, it's around summer of twenty one or somewhere in that timeframe, right, And I'm with this other clinic and I get an email and phone call from the original clinic saying, hey, you owe is two hundred dollars. I was like, for what, And they're like, we didn't bill you in that.
Speaker 6: Let me Here's where I'm confused. Randy Hall for one second, Is this all being taken care of by Veterans Affairs or you know whatever VA?
Speaker 17: Right?
Speaker 19: My current clinic, Yes, it's through the VA. The clinic that I'm calling you about was through tricare.
Speaker 6: Through Okay, but why did you go? Why did you go outside the network? Why did you go outside the network?
Speaker 19: So with Tricare, a lot of it has to do with where I live. I live in Eliicott, and there's a thirty thirty mile radius rule and all kinds of stuff like that.
Speaker 6: Okay, I gotcha, I gotcha outside, right, So I don't need to know all this now now that we were here, hold on, tell me this under normal circumstances. Now, I know you didn't like the quality of care and you tried to make your case. They weren't you know, they were terrible. And I'll get you and I'll believe you. But Randy, what I want to know is this under normal circumstances, would you really owe that money? Well?
Speaker 19: No, I don't believe them. For I itemized list of one like how are these charges possible? I also asked them why you know? Basically a detailed explanation in writing of why two years after I was done seeing them. They came back and was like, oh, you owed two hundred dollars and some change.
Speaker 6: They never by the way, did you pay it, Randy? Did you pay it yet?
Speaker 11: No?
Speaker 19: I haven't paid it. No, I haven't paid it.
Speaker 6: When did the bill? When did the bill show up? When did the bill show up?
Speaker 19: Like like in summer of twenty one?
Speaker 6: And then I didn't? And then what have you been doing? Say? Okay, so why are you calling today? Did something happen where they're trying to come out?
Speaker 19: Yes, go ahead, Well so obviously they still want their money. And mister Thom, it's not about the money, right, It's not about the money. It's about I don't understand this. I have a TBI not to use that excuse, but I just don't understand this. Please explain it to me like I'm doing, and they refuse to do that. Right, And but what really I'm behind and why I'm calling you today is, yes, my wife is part of my care plan, if you will, right in the sense that I'm married. She's my wife and we discuss things, and no way she or formed is my wife part of my care plan. When it comes to my doctors, I haven't signed a release I haven't done any of that. And if there's anyone that I know that's a straight shooter, it's going to be you. And you're gonna tell me to stop being cry baby, go pay my bill, and have a good day. And I'm okay with that, mister Tom. What I'm not okay is my wife goes to the clinic that I was previously going to the original clinic. While she's in a session, the doctor or the psychiatrist that she sees is also the billing boss, if you will. And in the middle of my wife's session, she turns around and she's like, oh, hey, miss Brandy. By the way, here's your husband's bill. Do you think you can do something about it? And that was pretty much where that is totally.
Speaker 6: That is totally hold on And she was never signed as part of you never she's not on the hook for that bill. No, that was totally unprofessional information.
Speaker 19: So the way that I see it, Randy, you know, she shared my information with another patient, even though it's right, that's right, I get it right.
Speaker 6: But she didn't share medical information, Randy. Randy, listen, let me give you my impression right now. I think you are absolutely correct in feeling. This clinic sucks. They're unethical. They should have never ever talked about a bill of yours to your wife or anyone. My god. Hey, by the way, while you're here with your problems, your husband still hasn't paid his bill. Can you do something about it?
Speaker 8: Really?
Speaker 6: Okay, I agree with you, But here's what I really want to get to. Many times, we as people lump things together that shouldn't be lumped together. We lump them together to give us the feeling and the answer we want. So what you're thinking is this, I am so sick and tired of this clinic that one doctor left me for two weeks without meds. Now they're trying to collect two years later money, and then they go and talk to my wife about my bill. So you add all those together and your answer is screw them. I'm not paying them a dime. Wrong answer. I understand the I understand the thought process, and I agree with you, but it's the wrong answer. I'm going to tell you, Randy, that most likely you do all the money. Most likely you do because the clinic's not gonna make or break themselves. Now you can verify it, and they should verify it, and they should give you a breakdown. So I want Deputy Doc to help you get a detailed bill. And Doc is a doctor, So when they try to call that, I'll pull the hip a thing. All he's going to say is we're not asking about his information. We're not asking about anything except him a detailed bill and he'll pay it immediately. And that's where I think we stand. But Randy, honest, here's what I do think. Randy, you have gone through a lot of trauma in your life. I can't even identify with it, even if I pretend I can, I can't. But I can identify with one thing, the technique you're using that that you're you're stuck with. And I was too, because I had a different kind of trauma. And let me explain this to you, Randy. You are in a mode right now, and I'm saying this as a friend. You're in a mode of injustice collection. And because you feel that you've served your country, and you did and you deserve kudos and you do. And because you've done this mostly unnoticed and now you're out just trying to make your way, what you're looking for now is the people standing in your way or putting up injustice, and what it does is you want to collect all of this because you want to feel justified. If you feel like screw everybody, you're trying to collect information and evidence that will justify a feeling of defiance. I get it, and everyone who goes through trauma gets it.
Speaker 7: But here's what I tell you.
Speaker 6: There is no concerted effort to put the screws to you. And even though it feels that way, sometimes we group things together, we shouldn't group together.
Speaker 7: So here's what I'm telling you, Randy.
Speaker 6: Just chillbro I'm telling you just live life for your enjoyment and don't start collecting injustice. I'm telling you you're in that mode because you were pushed into that mode. And trust me, you had a thousand times more trauma than I could ever imagine. But I'm just giving you an observation. I think you're waiting for someone to screw you. I mean, if you're honest with yourself, don't you kind of go through life wondering who's going to be the next person to try to screw me? I mean, That's what I'm getting from you, And you know, I just have a quick question to that.
Speaker 7: What is it that you want.
Speaker 6: I just want a detailed.
Speaker 19: I want justification that I owe the money. Really like, Okay, I was on an impression talking to try here that no, you pay your twenty dollars co pay, and then it's it's yeah, right off, like I called try here and there that was their words, right. So then I turned around and talk to the clinic and she's like, oh no, that's not right at all.
Speaker 7: See, okay, Randy, we get you off.
Speaker 15: Doctor.
Speaker 6: You see what he's talking about. What he wants is some respect. That's what he wants. Okay, that's what he wants. Okay, and it's right now in the form of a detailed medical.
Speaker 7: Thing showing he is the money.
Speaker 6: You get worse respect. Yeah, and deputy doc, thanks for taking this. We got more coming up. Go with a sure thing Denvers Best Roofer, Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three O three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hello Tom Martino here, welcome to the show. Let's keep going here three O three seven one three Talk to Delbert. What's going on? Delbert? Hello, Hi Delbert. What's happening?
Speaker 16: Well, a little bit of problem with Craigslist. I guess what happened. I listed a vehicle four sale and posted it. It's been a long time since I've did it, so I had to go in and say, you know, forgot my password, and I thought I set a password up because now I want to go back in and delete the post. And when I get into it, it says you have a passwordless account. Okay, get into this thing. And I've tried and tried to call.
Speaker 6: Well when it said when it said passwordless, it said password less, like you don't have a.
Speaker 16: Password one word?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 6: Well, did you try just getting in without a password then just using your username and a blank password?
Speaker 16: Yes? No, not a blank passage.
Speaker 7: And what happened?
Speaker 6: Well, what did you put hold on? What did you put in the password when you tried to get in?
Speaker 16: I put my original password.
Speaker 6: In there, No, No, go ahead and put your user name in and leave the password blank and hit enter and see if it lets you in.
Speaker 7: Can you do that during a break or have we put you on hold?
Speaker 16: I got it? Let's say set password.
Speaker 21: No, Tom, you don't want it, would you mind putting me on hold?
Speaker 6: Okay, we'll do that, all right. I think that we can talk to you through this one.
Speaker 7: I think.
Speaker 6: Three three seven one, three eight two five five Greg? What's going on with you? Greg? Oh?
Speaker 14: Hey, Tom, can you hear me?
Speaker 6: Okay, yes, I can, sir.
Speaker 7: What's happening?
Speaker 14: I have a house that I own with my ex spouse and we're okay friends, and she had a problem.
Speaker 6: It's the plumbing.
Speaker 14: And I was out of the country because I know a lot of trades people and I could have helped her. And so she is a member of a plumbing company and the water heater went out and they had no water, and so they installed a new water heater and charged her well over ten thousand dollars for the water heater and to install it. And I don't know, I don't think I've ever heard of something like that. That's well, way too much.
Speaker 6: Okay, Hold on a second, Hold on, Greg, Welcome to the new world. Now, this particular company you're talking about is Apple is Apple? Would Is that right?
Speaker 16: It is?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, I didn't know. Let me explain something. Well, I don't care. I mean, it's it is what it is.
Speaker 14: Okay, all right.
Speaker 6: I here's something that I find.
Speaker 7: All the time. Sticker shock.
Speaker 6: Okay, Now, I think that, in my opinion, it sounds outrageous. You know, a little over ten grand for a water It sounds outrageous because here's what we all do. We all say, well, we can buy the heater for this much, and then we can buy the fittings for this much. So you mean to tell me they're getting paid eight or nine grand just for being here for a half hour, you know, or whatever. I mean, I'm exaggerating about.
Speaker 14: One thousand dollars an hour to install it, you know or whatever.
Speaker 6: No, no, but but but you're right, Greg. Now, if I wanted to be unfair, I can say a Apple what sucks. I won't leave them a doon't ever go there. I will tell you the number one complaint we get about apple Wood is their price. The number one complaint the did you call them and complain about it?
Speaker 14: I did and they immediately.
Speaker 6: Did they make an adjust Usually they make an Usually they make an adjustment. Did they make an adjustment for.
Speaker 14: Two thousand dollars for twenty okay?
Speaker 6: So then it was eight now eight grand?
Speaker 7: Is that right?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 14: And again, I own my own company, and I have a network. It's like a chamber of commerce, and I have tons of trades people. They could have installed this for three thousand at the low end, five thousand, Greg, very tough time, Greg, I.
Speaker 6: Know, Okay, Greg, I'm gonna tell you I was out of the country. That's a bunch of bs. That's a bunch of bs, Greg. Okay, because hindsight is always cheaper. Hindsight is always cheaper. And I'm going to tell you something, Greg, there are very few people today that will install any kind of a water heater for three grand. What size water heater was it?
Speaker 14: I don't have fifty gallons or something we research so that you could buy.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm gonna tell you this. Hold on, Hold on, man, let's let's talk. I love being out in the open, and I don't have any allegiance to any company anywhere at any time. If I represent them, I want them to do what they say and say what they do. I don't represent apple Wood, but I'm gonna treat them the same. This is what I want you to do. I want you to get me a legit and I mean it better be serious and not a lie written proposal for a fifty gallon water tank for three grand or under. I want you to do that because I'm going to hold you to your word. I don't think one of those people that told you we could have done that for three grand. I'll guarantee you that we can't get them to do it for three grand, because if you find them, I'm going to feed them customers and I want to see them do it for three grand. They won't. They won't, Okay, So Greg, first of all, you're comparing it with fantasy, because unless they do it, you can't say what they would do it. I'll never forget when a stowstorm was coming and there were two grocers in the town, and the one grocer was selling the eggs for five bucks a dozen, which at that time was outrageous, and the other grocer said, well, you know what, I'd sell them for way cheaper than that. Okay, where are they? Well, I don't have any seeing The point is this is unless you do it, you can't talk about it. And when you said, you called and about a half a dozen of your people could do it for three grand or under. I want to see one, just one of them, that will literally do a fifty gallon water tank for for three thousand dollars. The going rate for water takes right now is about five grand. And that's a good price. Now do I like it?
Speaker 22: No?
Speaker 6: I don't like it, But these people are paying for insurances. They're paying for everything in the world, all the business licenses and all the fees and advertising. And I don't like it, but that's life. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martinez. Let's talk to Julie. Julie, you're calling for a friend about a car accident.
Speaker 10: Yeah, she got back ended and they're blaming her for it.
Speaker 6: Wait a minute, how the hell are you blamed somebody like? Hold on a second. She was rear ended and they're saying it was her fault. We'll come back and talk about this and more coming up. Also, I hit a nerve with pricing. People say, come on, Tom, there's got to be limits.
Speaker 7: Let's talk about that and.
Speaker 6: More coming up on the Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Three time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two ripped off.
Speaker 2: News you needed, That's who you don't have come run anxious as fast as you can. Shooter's gonna help come man.
Speaker 5: Six is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino.
Speaker 6: Hello, I'm Tom Martino. Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five.
Speaker 7: What's going on in your life?
Speaker 6: Let's see what we can do to help you, as we do each end every day. And thanks for being here, by the way, So I want to go to the phones and uh start with Julie. She's calling for a friend who had a car accident. So, Julie, tell your story. What's going on.
Speaker 12: It happened a couple of weeks ago and.
Speaker 6: She was rear ended. Where did it happen?
Speaker 15: Thanks?
Speaker 12: Why did it happen?
Speaker 15: Very much?
Speaker 7: Where did it happen?
Speaker 6: Like? What what? How did it happen? Tell me about this? Okay, let's talk to her. Then.
Speaker 7: What's her name.
Speaker 12: I'm going to put Martha on.
Speaker 7: Marca Marca.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's happened on the tenth of March.
Speaker 6: What is your name?
Speaker 1: Martha?
Speaker 6: And I I got it? Thank you Martha. So here's what I need to know. Martha. Explain the day of the accident.
Speaker 7: What happened.
Speaker 23: So I was driving there was one vehicle in front of me going slowly, so I tried to slow down, and then the one behind me came and hit me, and then the plip.
Speaker 6: Okay they did it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and now I give it to.
Speaker 6: The hold on Martha. Did they give you both tickets Martha? Yes?
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 6: So did you slam on your brakes?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 6: And you slammed on your brakes because the guy in front of you slammed on his brakes?
Speaker 3: No she yeah, she came full steed and hit me. There was one in front of me, so accent okay.
Speaker 6: H me Martha. Why did you Martha? Why did you.
Speaker 7: Put the brakes on?
Speaker 3: Put the brakes on?
Speaker 6: Why did you put the brakes on? Why did you use your brakes? Did the guy in front of you or the woman or the car in front of you come to a quick stop?
Speaker 18: Yeah, she can.
Speaker 15: Okay, quick stop so I have to stop at his back.
Speaker 6: So I get it. I get it. Yeah. Now who is saying it's your fault?
Speaker 3: And the insurance people I've called them, I've called them my insurance. I called them and then they called them.
Speaker 14: That insurance and they are saying it's my fault.
Speaker 6: And he has now does your does your does your insurance company agree that it's your fault?
Speaker 3: I can't insurance having told me any thing. By my insurance. I call them today and they're telling me the other side. Insurance said it's my fault, and I said, no, it's.
Speaker 15: Not a fault.
Speaker 7: Okay, Martha, Martha.
Speaker 6: This is not unusual. This is not unusual that they try to blame you for this. It's not unusual. What I really want to know, did your insurance company agree with them or not?
Speaker 3: Uh? That's what my insurance is telling me because I have a li and then the guy have to do my came for me. One who hits me and I've called them, I've called them, they sent.
Speaker 6: Me a But does your insurance company, Martha. I'm going to try this one more time. Is your insurance company on your side or is your insurance company saying it is your fault? What is your insurance company saying there?
Speaker 12: I say, yeah, peoples say that's what they told me.
Speaker 6: Okay, but did they give did your insurance company give their own opinion? No they have any Okay, Okay, gotcha. Now here's what you need to do, Martha. Did you at the day of this accident did you take any pictures? Yes?
Speaker 15: Please? I did.
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 6: Does the picture show clearly that someone hit you from behind?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 6: What did the cop give you a ticket for? Was it for following too closely?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what they said.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, did the person in front of you get a ticket?
Speaker 12: Yes, it gets all of this.
Speaker 7: Were there three of you all together?
Speaker 13: That's what.
Speaker 3: So I asked that plice why the ticket and said, you guys have following me too close.
Speaker 14: That's what she told me.
Speaker 6: Okay, I got it. I got it, Martha. So right now, your insurance is not going to pay for your car. Do you have collision coverage? No, so you will have to get the insurance behind you to cover you. And they're saying, no, it was your fault. So I'm going to tell you what to do, and you gotta listen carefully. Okay, okay, Number one, Number one, go and get three estimates to your car.
Speaker 23: Three whats please come back.
Speaker 6: Again, Three estimates, three guesses on what it's going to cost. Okay, go to three shops. Now listen carefully. You want to throw out the highest, and you want to throw out the lowest, and you want to go with the middle price. And then when you get that middle price, let's say it's going to be two thousand, then you sue that other driver in small claims court directly. Do not deal with the other person's insurance company. The person behind you that hit you. Was it a man or a woman?
Speaker 14: She was a young guy of mine.
Speaker 6: Okay, then you're going to sue this young man directly in small Thames court.
Speaker 7: Did you get his name and address?
Speaker 6: Yeah? I have address and good good Martha, Martha, put your friend. Put your friend back on the phone real quick. Okay, put Julie back, Cuie.
Speaker 7: Listen carefully.
Speaker 6: I think this woman has a good case against the other driver. It doesn't matter what his insurance says. His insurance is going to try to say anything to get out of it. So what she should do is get three estimates for her car, throw out the highest and the lowest, take the middle estimate, and sue that person that driver. Help her sue that person in small claims court. Here's what's going to happen. That person is going to get really pissed off and yell at his insurance company to take care of it. You do not have to deal with the other person's insurance company ever. Here's the fact she was rear ended. There's no reason for it, and she wants to sue for damages. I'm Tom Martine three zero three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Frank durandreal estate Man dot com will do free market valuations for your home for the asking. You want to know what it will sell for you ask Frank. There's no obligation whatsoever. Three oh three nine to zero sixteen twenty two. Frank Dreen the real Estateman dot com. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Artino here at three o three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. All right, who should I take next?
Speaker 19: Here.
Speaker 6: Oh, oh, Peggy, Hey Peggy, what's happening?
Speaker 4: Okay, this is what happened. I did end up kind of getting my way, but I.
Speaker 6: Want to tell you, Oh, is this where you had hold on? I wanted to find out Is this the terrible sewage smell in your apartment?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 6: Uh huh, and Bo went out and verified it, and he contacted authorities. The Colorado Department of Health went out to investigate, and we are awaiting their findings. So go ahead and tell us what's going on.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 15: I did get to meet that gentleman.
Speaker 4: I've also had Kolby out here. Hoby works, has his own HVAC company, and he works where I work, and the smell was getting in my system. I'm on thirty year cancer patient.
Speaker 12: And I'm still doing chemotherapy and.
Speaker 6: It was getting Wait a minute, what whoa, whoa, whoa whoa. Oh Peggy, what do you mean it's getting into your system? It's making you sick? Yes, now, Peggy, I want to know something about this. I want to know something about the smell. Okay, did they find out where it's coming from?
Speaker 4: They have not given me that information as yet. I haven't heard from any here.
Speaker 6: Has anything been rectified. Has any bit thing been fixed at all? No.
Speaker 12: As a matter of.
Speaker 4: Fact, what they tried to do was move me into the apartment below me, which has mold.
Speaker 6: Okay, Peggy, do you want to do you want to just leave the entire complex?
Speaker 14: I'm leaving it.
Speaker 6: So what do you need us to do for you?
Speaker 7: What do you what do you need us to do for you if you're leaving?
Speaker 4: Okay? The truth of the matter is Bo asked me to call in. I just wanted to call in and say what happened and how it came out. But I wanted to applaud, but.
Speaker 6: It didn't come out. They basically did nothing.
Speaker 4: Well, no, they haven't done anything to the building that I know of. They definitely have been in my apartment since it's been real you know checked.
Speaker 6: Okay, But the Colorado Department of Health did go out and investigate.
Speaker 4: Yes, they did, mister Nathaniel Rosenberg public and did he say what they're gonna do?
Speaker 6: Okay? Did you hear back from them? That's it.
Speaker 4: All he told me when he left here was that he was going to continue the investigation.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you, Peggy, Thank you. So Peggy wanted us to know the state guy did show up, Thank you, Peggy, and we need to check with both with the state. Nate has a question go ahead about Vestera Turnkey.
Speaker 7: I believe he's talking about go ahead Nate.
Speaker 20: Yeah, Hi Tom.
Speaker 6: Two questions Hi, Nate, Yes, yeah Hi.
Speaker 20: First question is do you know if it's not do you know if any of the I guess the purchases have ever had the loans called on them? And the reason I managed okay I was thinking about uh. The second question is what if had you thought about purchasing uh something full up with cash rather.
Speaker 6: Than okay, okay, Nate. The first question has any has a loan ever been called? And I've had extensive discussions with Barry about the loans performance shortfalls all that no loans have ever been accelerated or called. Now, Nate, I want to I want to mention something to you. When you go into Vestra Turnkey, they set up one investor with one property. The investor puts up cash for the down payment and takes out the loan. Barry and his team the management company, manages it like and Barry doesn't own that that's a pass through a fee. What Barry does is then researches the market to what to charge rents and what to sell the house for and when to sell it. So that's all that's and then he takes your daily phone calls if you have any. So now we're sitting on a house. And then you have an additional question. So you have a house, you have a loan, you're you're it's being managed. So what would your next concern be after that?
Speaker 20: So the the next question was have you thought about on your side with not so much thesteria, but the LLCs that you're putting together, purchasing any of those with all rather than having.
Speaker 6: Okay cash okay, there is a principle. There is a principle in investing called the leverage okay, and you make higher returns always when it's not your money or when you're borrowing the money. Now I understand I'm not telling people to go out and get in debt and invest money. That's stupid because there's no short thing. You could lose it all. But the principle is solid. If you take one hundred thousand dollars and want to invest it, and you knew for sure, For example, if you invest a one on day ten, it would be worth more. Then if you absolutely knew that, then on day one you would want to make as much as that one hundred thousand dollars borrowed as possible, so long as the cost of borrowing does not exceed the rate of return. So with vester Era, you want to use leverage. You don't want to tie up your cash, and I'll tell you why. In my opinion, there's no reason to. However, you could absolutely positively do the same exact investment with cold hard cash. You absolutely can, But Nate, I choose not to do it that way because one, I have the borrowing power. Two, I have the principle set aside for an emergency, so I can pay it off if I need it to. So Three, I want to take advantage of borrowed money making money because the returns far exceed the six percent I'm paying to borrow the money, So in my case, I'd rather borrow the money. I don't advise that people borrow money to invest if the money cannot be secured. So a house secures the money. So when I borrow money against a house, that house is secured. Ninety seven percent of the time. If a loan is called or a loan is defaulted on. There is no consequence to the borrower except the borrower gets a ding on their credit. But the banks hardly ever have to go after borrowers because there's enough equity in the house to sell it and pay off the loan in a foreclosure sale. You see, we got all out of We got all out of shape one time during the big recession when people were buying beyond appraised values and when banks were lending on stupid numbers. So in almost every case there were deficiency judgments against individuals. That's not happening anymore. So, Nate, if you bought a house one hundred percent cash with this st era, you would still make tremendous returns. But you will make those same returns if you have a mortgage on the house. So if the mortgage is one backed up by the house, my question would be, why would you tie up cash? So I'm going to ask you why would you tie up cash to do it?
Speaker 20: Well? Originally, my my philosophy was that one hundred percent of of the foreclosures are own houses with mortgages. But if it's never happened, if that's never right, well.
Speaker 6: Hold on, Nate, Nate, Nate, First of all, a house would be for let's just go right to that. Let's say that you're going to go into vest Era and you know the house is going to be foreclosed on. Okay, for some reason, it was a bad deal and the house, you know whatever. What I'm saying to you is that what you what you said was kind of weird. You said, there's never been Most foreclosures happen with loans on them. That's the only way there can be a foreclosure is a bad loan or a mechanics lean, or something that's unpaid.
Speaker 7: But Nate, you have to understand something.
Speaker 6: The house that I bought, for example, through Vesteria, this most recent one that will be transferred to the LLC. That house which came out of the gate appraising Yeah yeah, I know. It came out of the gate appraising for seven or eight thousand more than I bought it for. And number two, they're already selling for more. Number three, the loan is only seventy percent. What are the chances that that house won't cover a bad loan? I mean, what I'm saying to you is if you buy right, if you buy correctly, and you do conventional financing. You will almost never ever have to worry about it. The house will always cover the loan. Otherwise banks would never make a loan. Banks are in the business of winning, and so the idea, the idea that a foreclosure ends up with any personal liability is so ludicrous. We got skewed on that we started believing that all foreclosures meant financial judgments against borrowers, when really almost never does that happen. We just got stewed for a weird few years in the mid eighties where they were loan not mid eighties, in the mid two thousand. From the mid from two thousand and twenty ten, they were borrowing sometimes one hundred and twenty five percent of what something was worth.
Speaker 7: Think about that alone.
Speaker 6: If you had one hundred thousand dollars home, the mortgage you could get would be more than you could What would be like is if you had a house worth one hundred and twenty five thousand, It was ridiculous. So what I'm saying is this, you only buy, You only use loans when they're guaranteed. That's it, And then it would be foolish not to use the loan. There would be no reason, for example, in this case, it would make not a dime more if we used the loan or.
Speaker 7: If we used cash.
Speaker 6: But you see, I do loans in a different way than most people. I do loans when I have, first the collateralized asset will cover the loan, and second I have the loan balance personally squirreled away. So I have a double redundancy double not double redundancy. But I have redundancy and I can pay it off no matter what.
Speaker 7: I'm Tom Martinez. We have more coming up.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hello, I'm Tom Marks. You know you're a troubleshooter. Three O three seven one three talks seven one three eight, twenty five to five. Barbara has a issue with a crawl space in her home. Hey, Barbara, what's going on with the crawl space?
Speaker 12: Okay, the call space has been taken care of. I had a routine maintenance done, and now that they did the work, what I want to do is have it inspected to make sure everything was taking care of that was supposed to be taking care of.
Speaker 6: Okay, now Barber's calling about Yeah, and you're calling about a crawl space and there was some kind of.
Speaker 12: Issues insects.
Speaker 6: Yeah, exactly, exactly, And I believe that Deputy Bow was spearheading this and I what do you want and what can we do to allay your concern? What do you want right now? Oh?
Speaker 12: Okay, So now they say it's all right, everything's done what I wanted to do. So they come in and do an inspection to make sure that it was done correctly.
Speaker 6: Like an official inspection you mean, or something? Or why don't you believe Why don't you believe them?
Speaker 12: Well, I've had issues with them before.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but do you but do you spell anything? I mean, what does it look like to you? What does it look like to you on the surface?
Speaker 12: Another thing is I can't go down there. I could probably stick my head down there, but I can't go down Oh. I see, so that's that's okay problem I have. Yeah, I have health issues, so I can't. I can't go down there anymore.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'll have Deputy Bow contact you. Maybe he'll go out and look, Oh, what part of town are you in?
Speaker 12: Aurora, South Alora.
Speaker 6: Okay, I'm gonna have Deputy Bow go out and take a look at that, because he's been working with you. He's pretty damn good at all that. He's been in business a long time, he's been in the HVAC business. But he can he can take a look at that Kashina. Could we ask him to check with her because I think he's been handling this case anyway from the start. Sure, somebody, Okay, there's Patrick wants to give some props to Joe Lazara.
Speaker 7: What the heck's going on?
Speaker 18: Man?
Speaker 1: Hey, I actually called you a couple of weeks ago and you were like, yeah, you sound a little crazy, man. But everyone gets their chance to be heard. So here's my lawyer, and I just want to say thank you man, Like I I can't Patrick, can.
Speaker 6: You tell me?
Speaker 7: Patrick?
Speaker 6: Can you tell me what the original problem was.
Speaker 1: It's I was arrested for fake warrant.
Speaker 6: Omber remember this called D.
Speaker 8: Yeah, that original call. So Patrick was arrested. But his biggest problem than that was that while cleaning up a neighborhood lake, Patrick ended up with a couple of crack pipes and some baggies of alleged methamphetamines. That's right, and so that's a much bigger problem than the warrant was. So that's why he ended up getting refer to joelas Eara. What did Joe have to say?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What what went on?
Speaker 1: I just left his office. He sat down with me and he showed him all my information and she kind of looks at me, and he goes, well, you've already been tried for this case, so you are correct and you're not crazy. And then he gave me some other legal tips on how to maneuver the system. But all in all, he assured me that the paperwork I have I'm looking at correctly, and I am dissecting in the right run, and I just need to present.
Speaker 6: And man, and he's put your mind at ease, right, oh, one hundred, one hundred, Well, thank you for calling thank you for calling Lazarai Legal la z z ar a Lazari Legal. I tell you he's a good guy, down to earth. He'll talk to you three oh three four nine sixty two hundred and he'll do free initial consultations in flat rate pricing.
Speaker 8: Can we get him on the show sometimes?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, we try to get he's so damn busy it's hard to get him on. Now, let me bring up Barry Miller. So the guy called in asked about, Hey, why don't you buy these houses cash and do it cash instead of, you know, taking out a loan. And I say, because it's better leveraged if you use a loan. And you know, there's nothing wrong with loans on real estate when they're done properly. I mean, the only time we've ever had problems with loans and deficiencies were during the Great Recession when they were loaning on fictitious values. So, Barry, what did you want to add to that? Barry Miller is the founder of Vestera Turnkey. Go ahead, Barry, Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 22: Tom, thanks, Yeah, I was listening to Nate and yeah, his thoughts were all interesting and good to bring out. The however, is two things at Stara. We have a preventative research department that is always looking for the strong areas and the loans then can be in such a strong position so the owner can gain so much money. We don't just stop. You know, you buy the home and then you're on your own. But but the other point is this, mathematically, anyone's much better off putting twenty five percent down and buying four very safe and secure homes because you pointed out, well, the value is going to go up, whether it's cash or with a loan. Why not spread the money out like you said, leverage it. But the mathematical facts are by four homes be just as safe, have positive cash flow, and make four times the kind of wealth that our customers at vest Era are making.
Speaker 6: You know, it's that simple. See here's the deal what Barry is doing. And you have to know this. His biggest value is in the buying of that home. Now, obviously he helps you sell it too, and they negotiate great deals. But his superpower is finding the best deals. This house that I bought, they're already selling for more already, and the appraisal in that just the time I've been under contract has gone up like eight.
Speaker 7: Grand, I mean, think about that.
Speaker 22: Yep.
Speaker 6: So I don't know how you do it, Barry, I'm serious. You find great buys in great markets with great rents, and you know when to sell them. I just want to know this, This is what I think selfishly. How long can this go on? Are there always going to be pockets in the country worth buying? And I mean, really, does it ever get to a point where there's really no good buys, no good markets?
Speaker 22: For upside, there are points in our country's time when there are no markets that are worth buying with the same viewpoint, but those times statistically happen once every sixty years. That's been the history of our country.
Speaker 6: And we've been stung here. We've been stung here in Colorado in the mid eighties and then the beginning of two thousand to twenty ten.
Speaker 22: Yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 7: It was terrible.
Speaker 22: It was terrible. And yet what's good about us, Sarah. We have the preventative research that points those things out six to eighteen months before they become a real balloon or a real problem for lots of people, and we have our people sell beforehand.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so let's plug while you're on Let's plug your seminar.
Speaker 22: Oh sure, sure, Well, Tom and I a seminar. It's a Vestera seminar Saturday, April fifth, at ten am in the morning. It's free forty five minutes an hour and a half, sorry, an hour and a half of great information with Tom and Berry. We'll be covering how Vestera works for you. Look, we have the proven program. Consumers have the personal power of doing whatever they want to, including nothing with their money. But this program points out how you could have forty forty five fifty fifty five percent returns and do it very safely. So an hour and a half starting at ten am. You have to have reservations, but it's easy. It's free. Just go to My Biggest Return dot com www dot My Biggest Return dot com and register. It's filling up. We're approaching being full.
Speaker 7: Thank you sir. We have more coming right up.
Speaker 6: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance. Pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one. Help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot Com to list your home with Remax Alliance. Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk three oh three seven one three A two. Okay our calls. We have open lines right now, So give us a call at three h three seven one three talks seven one three two five to five, and he gives me a chance to address it. And then the show's been going crazy since hour one, and there are some things I want to talk about, and one has to do. I did not mean if I was disrespectful that guy. I didn't mean it. By the way, the guy told all about his water heater. Okay, he wants to get the word out. He owns a home with his ex wife. His ex wife called the plumber. Applewood came out and replaced the water heater for more than ten grand.
Speaker 7: He is outraged.
Speaker 6: They they he called them, and they reduced it by two thousand. He still thinks it's overpriced. And he made a comment, I'm in a professional trade group and I know he said eighty percent of them I don't know something I don't know, or at least three of them could have done this for three thousand dollars. Now, I don't doubt we can always find someone to do something for less money or more money. But something that I really want to address right now, pricing seems to be outrageous for me too. I'm not telling you that I like paying five grand or six or eight or ten for a water heater. I think is ridiculous, but those are the going prices. Companies have really really been bombarded with what they have to do to stay in business, and then they pass it on to the consumer. And are they making more and more profit? Yeah, they are, many of them are. Look, I can't address that. What I care about is honesty and integrity. But I do think there's a point of pricing, of price gouging. There is, And I think what happens is because we're tossing up our hands saying that's just the way it is. That all of these people kind of like the airlines, when all the rates go up, all the rates go up. When they go down, they go down. All I'm saying is is I do believe you have to shop. The problem is many of them do not tell you prices on the phone. But if they come to your home and you don't like the price, you don't have to go with it. You can call someone else. Now, my people don't like that. They don't like wasting their time and money, but you have to still do that. Everyone gives you a price up front before the work is done. If you're uncomfortable, don't do it. And what you should do is research it before you need it, like before you have to say yes or no before you call someone. Then you'll know the price that they present you is outrageous or not more coming up, go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excelroofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out Now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two Yeah, ripped tod.
Speaker 2: You need advis so you don't have come run insious.
Speaker 9: As fast as we can, Shooter's gonna help come, man.
Speaker 6: This is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hello, Tom Martino here fighting for you. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three A two five five. We love helping where we can. We help people with all kinds of problems, questions, and complain. So all you have to do is give us a call and we'd be happy to help you. Today, very many interesting calls. The main theme, well, there hasn't been one main theme, but there are a few things that have come up that I want to talk about. One had the principle of being in an accident and not agreeing with insurance companies.
Speaker 7: You have to understand something.
Speaker 6: When you are injured in an accident, whether they say it's your fault or not.
Speaker 7: Hire a personal injury attorney.
Speaker 6: Okay, if you're truly injured, don't ever try to do that alone. Start by calling John Fuller three all three five nine seven forty five hundred, okay.
Speaker 7: Then talk to them. The next thing you do.
Speaker 6: Is you then try to figure out what your next step is. Okay, but if you're not injured and you have proper pretty damage, you're not going to hire an attorney for that.
Speaker 7: There's no car in the world you're going to hire an attorney.
Speaker 6: So if somebody rear ends you or hit you in the side and they say you came up too fast and I did that, so they're trying to blame you for them hitting you. But you believe it's it's their fault no matter what the police say, no matter what anyone says. If you have evidence to the contrary, either footage or some pictures you took, you can clearly see it was a rear end collision and you you know, and it's just your word against their word. You never have to go by what their insurance says. So you say, no, it's your fault. Now, if Joe Schmoe says it's not my fault and you say it is, just sue Joe Schmoe in small claims court. Don't worry about his insurance. His insurance is going to call you and threaten you say, oh, well, we're going to counter see it. We're gonna do this, or we're gonna do that. It doesn't matter. You sue that person. In small claims court. You hope you can get a fixed for the seventy five hundred dollars limit.
Speaker 7: You still see him even.
Speaker 6: If you can't, because well, that will prompt Joe Schmo to do and what he must do by law is contact his insurance company, and then his insurance company must by law represent him. So they're going to talk to you about settlement. They're not going to ignore you, but if it's less than you want, you go right back to small claims court. So you never have to deal with the other person's insurance company. Too many times we feel we must talk to the other person's insurance company if there is no law or regulation or anything that says we must talk to them. Ever, if they call us and say we want to question you about the accident, you tell them put your questions in writing and I will respond in writing. There you're not refusing, You're simply telling them you're not going to be interviewed, because they will purposely try to trip you up in a recording, purposely so when it gets time to really fight this, they will use that recording against you. Always never talk.
Speaker 7: To an insurance company.
Speaker 6: In fact, I say never even talk to your own insurance company. What I tell my own insurance company is submit here questions in writing. So that's a big deal. We talk a lot about what to do when we're in an accident. And as he said, she said, and that's all the more reason you should have a dash can. That dash can would show if Martha pressed on her break too fast or something like that. Now, the next thing, what about being charged ten grand for a water heater or fifteen grand for a water heater, or being charged urged whatever for whatever. You can't complain after what you can, But it's not going to do you good to complain after the work is done. You simply have to know that there are going to be certain prices charged for certain things. So do some research, even artificial intelligence, ask them what is the reasonable cost or what's the average price? I'm going to ask that. What I'm going to ask that right now? What is the average price? Okay, for a water heater, a fifty gallon water here, let's say that for a fifty gallon water heater. This guy was charged over ten grand or his wife was. I don't mind him. I don't blame him for being upset. We get upset because it's expensive. But unfortunately, these companies are charging these outrageous numbers.
Speaker 7: Apple Wood Plumbing, Heating, cooling, and Electric.
Speaker 6: They're the most expensive company in town by far, the number one most expensive company that I have found. So am I saying they're bad? No? Am I saying you should avoid them?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 6: But you know this, you're going to pay out the nose. You know who else is expensive? Brothers is expensive? Yeah?
Speaker 7: Are they bad?
Speaker 6: No? Plumbline is not cheap. Fix it twenty four to seven. They're more reasonable, but they're all going to be high priced. These are companies. I like, Okay, what are you gonna do about it? I mean, you're gonna find this all the time. So what is the average price for a fifty gallons water heater installed in Denver? Okay? So there, I'm going to ask that question right now to see what AI says the average price? Okay, Now, this is the most outrageous thing I've ever heard of my life. I mean, I can't even believe this, and I will be disingenuous if I don't read it to you. I absolutely there's not one company, not one that does this. They say the average price for a fifty dollars. Water heater including installation typically ranges from twelve hundred to twenty five hundred dollars twelve to twenty five hundred dollars in the Denver area. Now, I swear to God, listen to this. Listen to what they say, real examples in Denver as of twenty twenty five. You're not gonna believe what this says. I swear to God, I'm not making this up. The exit. The first example they give the get Applewood Plumbing. Here's what they say. A fifty gallon AO Smith or Bradford White at Applewood Plumbing is eighteen hundred to twenty two hundred dollars and it includes upgraded parts and longer warranties. Am I am? I dreaming this person called complaining about Applewood plumbing and apple Wood Plumbing charged ten thousand dollars. And right on, artificial intelligence, it's telling me that Applewood is a real life example. Show me, I want to know it says apple Wood. Show me proof, Show me proof that apple Wood of Applewood pricing. Because I don't understand how they can say that. This is the guy's calling about apple Wood. And when I ask artificial intelligence, who does it cheaper? They say apple Wood. It says apple Wood Plumbing and Heating does not publicly list pricing for water heater installations. However, various customary reports provide insight. It said three thousand dollars for a fourteen year old water heater to have that replaced with three thousand, thirteen thousand dollars. In June of twenty twenty four, they were charged thirteen thousand for a forty gallon water heater. Well, then, why did you say that apple Wood does it for twelve hundred to twenty two hundred. Then it says fifty six ninety was an invoice for a forty gallon heater in November of twenty twenty four. Okay, So artificial intelligence is absolutely absolutely mistaken when it says that a typical price for a water heater is between twelve.
Speaker 7: And twenty five hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: I don't think there's anywhere in the city you can get a water heater installed fifty gallon for twenty five hundred. I don't think there is. So I'm going to explore this. Harry, you have a question about eviction. What is your question?
Speaker 21: Yes, I have a deaf son and the deaf people don't work in the same boarding that we do.
Speaker 6: He was.
Speaker 21: He refused to do a renewal elise because it was too expensive, and he was given ninety days to get out. I just found out about this about a month.
Speaker 13: And a half ago.
Speaker 21: I don't hold on.
Speaker 6: When when was this? Hold on? When did hold on Harry? When did he refuse to sign the relief? When did he say I don't want to renew.
Speaker 21: It must have been from January, because he had he got a letter on January ninth. I think that said he had not a days to get out, and they gave him a date of the thirtieth of April. And okay, all right, So I don't think I can get him out by then, And so what recourse does the landlord have if he's not out by that date?
Speaker 6: Right now? Okay, all right, I'll tell you exactly what that is. Hang on, I'm gonna go through it with detail. Right after this, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content, wait time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey, I'm Tom Martine, your troubleshooter three all three seven on three talks seven on three eight two five five me to our callers.
Speaker 7: And continue this.
Speaker 6: And by the way, don't forget K and H Home Solutions for windows, siding, doors and more. K and H has what you're looking for. K Windows dot com. Hey, So, Harry said his son did not want to renew the lease, so they gave him until April thirtieth to move out. Now, Harry, your son you said, Did you say your son is death?
Speaker 21: Yes? He is?
Speaker 6: And tell me? May you tell may I ask you? And I mean this sincerely? Why did you tell me that part of the story. Does he get any kind of special housing or anything.
Speaker 22: Not?
Speaker 21: At this time? His wife is suppose beginning SSDI, but there's six months behind and they don't know why. But that's that's not the story. I just I Basically, I think I told you that they because the deaf people live in a different world than us hearing people. You and I are yeah, and we hear things that people are talking about. They don't get that kind of information. So I think they are.
Speaker 6: You know what, You're right, You're right. I never think about that. I never think about that. It is a life of isolation, much of it because we get stuff, just like you say, from our peripherals that they don't.
Speaker 21: Right now, carry he had, yes, No.
Speaker 6: No, okay, so real quick, I want to I want to ask it. Tell you what they do. First and foremost, if you can't make April thirtieth, it would be best to tell them.
Speaker 7: Now here's why. Okay.
Speaker 6: Now, if they say, well, it doesn't matter, you still have to be out.
Speaker 7: And if you truly can't.
Speaker 6: Harry, If you truly can't be out and they say you must be out, there's nothing they can do to get you out by then nothing. So if they go through the eviction process, here's what would happen.
Speaker 7: You would be given an conviction.
Speaker 6: You can go to court, you can delay it, and it will be a few weeks. It would be past April thirtieth, by the time they get an eviction, go to court, get an order, and then execute the order. Then they would move your stuff out to the sidewalk. That would be sooner. They would never be able to do that before April thirtieth or on April thirtieth. Okay, So what you do is do the best you can as quick as you can. But when you say you can't do it, I'm curious, when can you have him out of there?
Speaker 21: I really don't know, Tom, because he has a lot of stuff. They have gotten rid of a lot of stuff.
Speaker 23: And okay, but.
Speaker 6: You, Harry, Harry carry, you have to give me an answer. You have to give me an answer. When can you have him out of there?
Speaker 21: I'm trying. I can't give you a direct answer because I don't know. I'm trying my damn this to get him out. And Harry, right now.
Speaker 6: Let me ask you this. I don't know what's listen. I don't know when I say big, I don't know what you think when I say small, I don't know what you think. So here's what I'm trying to gather. What chunk of time are we talking about? Are you saying, Tom, it's gonna take me the rest of this year to get him out of there. Or are you saying, Tom, I just need another thirty days. What are you saying?
Speaker 21: I think I could probably get him out with another thirty days or so, I know, Like, Okay, if he doesn't have a place he has he has a brother in law that said they could stay with them for a while, I would have to, Okay, furniture into a storage area until he finds a place to live.
Speaker 6: Okay, I got it. But your son and otherwise he works. Your son works.
Speaker 21: At this time. Now, that's another story along. But he was fired from the job because he was deaf. But the actual individual that fired and worked the paperwork around, so there's no documentation about the reason he was fired, and so there's no EEO complaint that can be made. He is working now, he's got an interview for another job and he's waiting for them to do a background check right now.
Speaker 7: Okay, what kind of job?
Speaker 21: He's a truck driver?
Speaker 7: Oh? Okay?
Speaker 6: And does he so so he can he can carry U a commercial Driver's license a CDL.
Speaker 16: Yes, yes he does.
Speaker 24: He hasn't I thought, and I thought you had to have hearing for that. No, No, there are there are thousands of deaf cdl over the road, truck drivers, there's.
Speaker 6: A whole well, I didn't know that. I did not know that.
Speaker 13: Wow road for the past eight years.
Speaker 6: So he does usually stay employed, yes, until he just well, what what did you mean? What did you mean when you said you thought it was because he was deaf? He was fired from pref What happened to the previous job.
Speaker 21: He came back from the job, they got a new supervisor. The supervisor told him he didn't think it was safe for a deaf person to drive over the road, and he talked him in it. Just trying to retire, So he was getting old, he should retire, and he listened to the guy. And so instead of actually making him fire him because a reason, he voluntarily quit and the guy said that. And so there's no documentation as the actual reason that he was fired that any documentation that he never got anything about it would have said that he retired.
Speaker 6: So, yeah, how old is your son about that? How old is your son?
Speaker 21: Oh, jeez, I say, he's bomb You hit me man, and my wife would tell you, but I can't. He is probably he was born in the eighties, so he's probably about the fifties. He's in his middle fifties, late fifties.
Speaker 6: Maybe okay, all right, bro listen, call if you need anything. But right now, I think he'll have plenty of time.
Speaker 21: Well, see, I've been familiar with it, and that's what I like you told me is what I had to go through to a vict somebody. So when I told today the landlord, I said, well, I said he they may not be out. She says, well, that's okay, Yeah, don't worry. He should be gone to be out. And she didn't tell me, okay, And I know that they have to post, they have to go to court, get a court date.
Speaker 6: Yes, right, you know you have plenty of time. You just I wouldn't go. I would not go beyond thirty days. And then you know you're going to have to pay for that month as well. I got to take a break. I'm Tom Martine three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight.
Speaker 7: Two five fives.
Speaker 6: I want to make a few things really clear. We were talking about apple Woods pricing. We were talking about Brothers, we were talking about fixed It. I talked about Plumbline, I talked about other companies. These companies are superior and I I just need to say this Apple would We have never gotten a complaint about quality or honesty, or integrity or actual products or services. Ever, the pricing issue is sensitive to all of us as we are with the price of eggs that goes for other great companies. They're charging lots of money for certain things, not so much for others. But I need to stress that to you that when I talk about pricing, I'm not talking about honesty. Honesty is a given with these companies, but they charge what they charge. It's up to you to do the shopping. And we're proud of our referral list and all of the members. And in full disclosure, every company I mentioned is on a referral list at referral list dot com. Okay, Compass Insurance Group is on there too. They do free insurance checkups, meaning they tell you if you have good deals or not. Three h three nine one thousand go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content time for an insurance checkup free no obligation. Comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martinez here three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. CMG Financial, by the way, is doing reverse loans right now. So if you need reverse loans CMG Financial talk to John for reverse loans or the all in one, which is a thirty year line of credit, and for every day you have money in the bank, they give you credit on your interest three zho three eight a two sixty six seven nine eight a two sixty six seventy nine partner in lending dot com. Deputy Bow has a follow up on Peggy's house, and I'm going to tell you what happened. Peggy called in today, but she had a terrible seward smell in her apartment. No one could figure it out. Bo went over there and he verified it and contacted authorities. The Colorado Department of Health went out to investigate. We were awaiting their findings, Pegy says By the way she's moving anyway, but she can't find out what their findings were. And I said, look, we're gonna have Bo check it out because she wanted to know if they're doing anything and what are they doing. So she was just puzzled. So what did you find out? Bo?
Speaker 15: So, yeah, she didn't finish this story. She might have got a little nervous, but because of the involvement of the Troubleshooter show and hitting these inspectors out, the management of the Tamra and Hall apartments went to her because of these people climbing around their building checking things out. They offered to let her break her lease and they're going to pay her moving expenses to go into a brand new building they manage on twenty second in Valencia.
Speaker 6: Well, that's great.
Speaker 15: They're gonna let her out of the lease and they're gonna pay her moving expenses and the public information.
Speaker 18: Wow, I think.
Speaker 15: It's really I think it's success. Even though we don't know where the smell is coming from, She's able to get out of there and the management company's paying for it because of our involvement.
Speaker 6: Well, I can't believe she left that part of the story out.
Speaker 15: I think she got a little nervous, you know, Tom, she's very ill from this smell. She's sick. You know. It's just a bad situation. And the public information officer is going to call me as soon as they find out where this odor is coming from, and I think it's in other apartments, but she's the only one they had the fortitude to call us about it.
Speaker 6: So they're going to let her out of release and pay her moving expenses to go to another building that they manage.
Speaker 15: And it's apparently a brand new building, a brand new build.
Speaker 6: I think that's wonderful. Go ahead, d.
Speaker 8: BO, how both first of all, congratulations and what a great job you did for this lady. How quickly can they get her out of there and away from the smell? Oh? So like next week?
Speaker 6: Yeah, like they're they're they're they're ready to move her now.
Speaker 8: Fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 15: Yeah, she's got to get rid of some stuff. But yeah, it's within a couple of weeks, she's get the hell out of there.
Speaker 6: Okay, good, that's and that even deserves.
Speaker 7: Yes Bo listen.
Speaker 6: Also, just while I have you on, did we give you something this morning? No? I gave that to D on the okay, yeah, hold on to that.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 6: So thank you very much, appreciate that. Bow, really splendid job. I did give you another one. I wanted you to go out and check. Oh that was it. No, that was it. That was the one. I said, Well, we'll have Bow check it out.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 6: So she's going to be into a brand new building. They're paying her moving expenses, they're letting her out of the current lease. Great news. Now, earlier today, when I'm talking about Deputy d here, we had a woman who is very upset. She took her twenty eighteen gmc arcadia to Accurate Auto and Northland Accurate installed a Jasper engine. Now the rear main seal is leaking, and Accurate says according to her, it's not part of the original warranty. They're not doing anything about it. By the way, I did find out that all Jasper rebills include brand new rear seals. That's what somebody who deals with Jasper told me. Now, what's new on this case, Deputy.
Speaker 8: D well Tom to cut to the chase. The case is closed, and here's.
Speaker 6: Here's how I closed in a good way, I hope.
Speaker 8: No, well, not so good for the call verse oh, what happened, Alice. Alice immediately referred me to her son, Armando, who's the gentleman. That's his car. He's the one that's been dealing with Accurate Automotive. He gave me his side of the story, and he also told me what he found out from Jasper about their warranty and what parts are covered.
Speaker 6: Well, tell me tell me about how so why is this? Are they acknowledging they should do the seal?
Speaker 8: No? So, first of all, Accurate Automotive is totally in the clear on this.
Speaker 6: Very long okay, but why if they did? If they did the Jasper engine, just tell me if I'm wrong. Does a Jasper engine come with a new seal?
Speaker 8: No, you're right about that. The problem is that Alice and Armando are mistaken. It's not a Jasper engine. After all, it came from some other rebuilder, and this particular rebuilder doesn't warranty the rear. Well, not only does it. Let me let me backtrack a little bit. It came from another rebuilder. But I had an extensive conversation with Alex who's the owner of Accurate Automotive, and he said that in this particular car, this particular Arcadia. The rear main seal is not in the engine. It's it's part of some module that goes between the engine and the transmission sould. But I didn't know about that.
Speaker 6: But I didn't know what the hell I was talking about, right, because most of them are in the transit most.
Speaker 8: Of them are, but in this particular engine, it's in some module outside of the engine. So what Alex told me is that this car has a lot more problems than the rear main seal, which is only one of them. It also has a front crank seal that keeps blowing out that is covered by Accurate Automotive's own warranty, and they're willing to make that repair again. They made that repair once it failed because the rear main is still defective, and they're willing to make this warranty repair again, provided the Romando has the rear main seal repaired at his expense. And also there are other problems. For example, there's a leaking fuel pump.
Speaker 6: Okay, so let me get a shot.
Speaker 7: I want I want to I'm gonna recap this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so peeps, he's saying in this twenty eighteen GMC Arcadia, by the way, get Kevin Calkin on. I want to get him on before the end of the show at Sheridan and all.
Speaker 8: Just a twelve. It's a twenty twelve GMS.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry, a twenty twelve. And what they're saying is that the rear main seal is not part of the engine, but a separate unit that marries the transmission to the engine. And that's going to US five grand to fix the total.
Speaker 8: So no, not that alone. There's a list of other mandatory repairs that really need to happen to this engine in order to maintain its warranty.
Speaker 6: But it wasn't part of the that the engine.
Speaker 8: Forty seven hundred or parsionally five thousand dollars repair includes the rearmain seal, plus these other repairs that must be done.
Speaker 6: But why didn't they tell them that when they had their engine done? Tell him what that they need all this other work?
Speaker 8: So they did so this car.
Speaker 6: So you mean to tell me that all totaled these people needed when they drove in more than ten thousand dollars in repairs.
Speaker 8: Now I think you and I must have parted waste.
Speaker 6: Okay, story, the original engine was five grand approximately. Okay, the new work they have is ten grand. That's five and five is ten new work is not is not ten grand, it's five grands. That's five plus five equals ten.
Speaker 7: Correct, So that's what I said.
Speaker 6: Yes, that she needs ten thousands, so driving into that shop, originally that car needed ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 8: I hate to disagree with you, but no at the beginning, so this was two and a half years ago.
Speaker 6: This oh my god, Oh it was two and a half years.
Speaker 8: That was absent from the original callers story.
Speaker 6: Two and a half years. Okay, so I gotta take a break. We'll come back for more of this. I'm Tom Martino. Go with a sure thing, Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup, free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two all right, I'm Tom Martino. I finally got a handle on this problem, and it makes complete sense. Her son Armando took a twenty twelve Arcadia to accurate two and a half years ago. They did the engine, a rebuilt engine two and a half years ago. Since then, it developed a rearmain seal. It's still under warranty. But that rearmain seal in that engine is not part of the engine, and I brought up I want to verify that with Kevin Colkin. Kevin, they're saying, this is not like the engines where the rearmain seal is tucked into the back of it. This is a separate unit between the transmission and the engine. Is that true?
Speaker 18: Well, yes and no. I mean depending on the reman A lot of the remands we have come installed with the remained seal, so it would be part of the warranty.
Speaker 6: But would it be on a twenty twelve GMC Arcadia.
Speaker 18: Yeah, more than likely the remain seal comes. Okay, you're pretty installed. It's not something we installed before we put it in.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 6: They said it wasn't part of the original installation. Okay, and whether I don't know if that's true. Or not or what they're talking about. But what they're saying is is that they did an engine two and a half years ago. Now they come back with a rearmain seal. Would you expect that to be covered under a used engine if excuse me, under a remanned engine, if it was done two and a half years ago.
Speaker 18: Well, yeah, the ones we install have a three year unlimited mile so it would definitely be covered.
Speaker 6: Yes. But would the rearmain seal be carvered as part of it.
Speaker 18: Yes, it would.
Speaker 8: But I think that Kevin, I think the part that you that I think we haven't told you yet is, according to the shop, in this particular car, this particular engine, the rearmain seal sits in some sort of a module.
Speaker 6: I told them that.
Speaker 8: That's in between the engine and the transmission. But Kevin said, and when the rebuilt engine showed up, it doesn't come with that module. They had to reuse the old modules.
Speaker 18: But if it did come with it, then yes, see.
Speaker 6: Okay, See, well they are saying that the engine that they charged them for did not include that intermediary peace.
Speaker 8: They reuse the existing intermediary structure between the engines.
Speaker 6: Because they didn't want to increase the cost, so they said. Then after that they said, this happens two and a half years later. So is it drivable right now?
Speaker 8: Well, it's drivable, but you're they're doing a lot of damage to it while driving it.
Speaker 6: Like, I'd like Kevin to see if it is a separate unit. That's all I want to, says.
Speaker 8: A good idea, just to see if and ask you to make an appointment with Kevin.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'd like Kevin to just eyeball it and say, yeah, that is a separate unit or not.
Speaker 8: I'll right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, thank you, Kevin. Mike, what's going on with you? Mike? What are you calling about?
Speaker 11: I'm calling about the Great Horror Payback and I'm wondering if you have any age?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, well no, but what do you need specific? Tell me what's going on.
Speaker 11: Situations this. I looked at the Great Caller at a payback. My dad's name is on there. He said, three dollars from a company he passed in nineteen ninety six. So the estate is absolutely closed. Called Great Colorado Payback and they wanted a claim form and a copy of the desert certificate. I uploaded that to them.
Speaker 6: They came back, did you tell me, wait a minute, wait, wait, wait, I need to verify this mic. Did you say it's for three three dollars one two three dollars.
Speaker 11: Three dollars and tell me didn't.
Speaker 6: You spend more than three dollars? How important is this three dollars to you? Bro?
Speaker 11: It's not it's not, And I'm more than willing to take up server space on the State of Colorado's server to prove a point. So they came back and said.
Speaker 6: All right, I want to get you back on listen now that I know, Now that I know you're not a nut and you're just crusading, I want to get you back on the show tomorrow. But we're out of time right now, so please do that. Three O three seven one three talks I remember, But call three oh three Martino for the next show and we'll get you on. That's three O three six two seven eight four sixty six