Speaker 1: Is Michael garfil Michael Garfield.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield's joining.
Speaker 3: In the high Tech Texan.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texans.
Speaker 2: To make life easier technology and Michael.
Speaker 3: Garfield has something you might like.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texans. Three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio add now you're high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield.
Speaker 2: Another year older, maybe not another year wiser, Still have the voice, still have the energy. I do. Thank you, my dear listeners, for all the wonderful emails and okay, maybe not a lot of gifts for my birthday earlier this week. But we continue the second weekend of February. Happy, whatever you're celebrating. There is a big football game later this weekend, but I am going to ride you right up until kickoff. Depending when you are listening to this. Michael Garfield is the name. This is the high Tech Texan Show. Believe me, if this is the first time you've listened number one, where the hell you've been number two? I'm not going to tell you how to fix your computer. There is so much more to technology. It's what does Michael want to talk about who can we interview? How much fun can we have? So strap your seatbelts on, folks, wherever you are listening to her terrestrially Houston, Texas KPRC nine fifty am, what's up, San Antonio? We love Yeah, right there in Central Texas News Radio twelve hundred WOAI in my hometown, parents may be listening, probably not the Mighty Mighty Talk Radio eleven ninety. Wherever you are the iHeartRadio app. You can get a hold of me. All you need to do, well, heck, let's go. Michael Garfield at iHeartMedia dot com. Email me, my friends. You can also call me.
Speaker 4: It's how it works.
Speaker 2: For some reason, we don't pick up the phone. You can leave a voicemail, and you do give us the right to play your voice on the show if you have questions or comments three four six twenty nine texts and you see how simple that is. Just look at the put your glasses on, look at the little numbers on your phone three four six two nine T E X A N, and you will be set to go. Also find me on x or as they call it Twitter or whatever you want to call it, because I actually do have a lot of fun things to yap about here on and a lot of post high tech texts at h I G h T E C h T E x A N and I need me to start with this. I will tell you number one this show. There is no tariff nor a tag to listen to this show. Nope, it is absolutely free. The reason is free is because we do appreciate you patronizing all of our partners and all of our sponsors. I'm gonna make a mention or two of where to shop, give you some suggestions. I feel free to take care of them because they are good and they are gracious. I have had some partners with me for close to twenty years that I have been doing this radio program. They are the ones who keep it fr ee and really, folks, that should be your favorite four letter word. I know it's mine, and so I do thank you for patronizing them. And also I send a little condolences. I send a little condolences this week because I too, am sitting shiva for the city of Dallas. What happened a week ago with our great basketball player Luka Doncik. I know Dallas, and I hear it. My best friends are in Big d I talk to my parents. It's just this way. You talk about the NBA stealing thunder from the NFL, Well, that's what the NFL gets. The NFL stole Christmas Day with their football games this past December from the NBA because the NBA used to own Christmas Day five games. The ratings were horrible for the NBA games because everybody watched the two football games on the football David Silver, the commissioner of the NBA, he said, you know what screw up. We're gonna take all the headlines from Super Bowl Week, starting with Luca and the trade, and then you know, this past week just it was almost all NBA stuff. My son right now, all this past week he has been in New Orleans because he covers the the sports, you know scene, specifically the NFL and college football. But there's just hasn't been a lot of buzz about the game that's happening this week in New Orleans. It's been about the NBA. Dallas, I feel you. I'm not happy about it. Luca generational player, a lifetime MAVs fan. I don't know what I'm gonna do, even though I in Houston. Now, hey, Michael. I mean, listen, I like the Rockets. I mean, the Rockets are a very I'm kind of a fan of the Rockets. I'm not a Texans football fan. I'm a Cowboys guy. They're dead. The Rockets good. You know. I was here. I moved here the first when they won their two back to back NBA titles, which Michael Jordan wasn't playing those two years. I happened to be here and the city went crazy and it was kind of fun. I became semi a fan, and I go to two games a year or something, but my heart's in Dallas. I went to the very first Dallas Mavericks game in nineteen eighty. My kids get me a my kids, listen. I told you it was my birthday. My kids. God loved my three boys. My gift this year was a Luca don Chik number seventy seven MAVs jersey, and my birthday was this past weekend. They bought probably the last Luca Dallas Maverick shirt ever. I should auction this off somewhere on eBay because they're not going to make it anymore because the dude is now a Los Angeles Lakers. I digress, but I just don't show you. This is what we talk about on the show. You're not gonna get solid technology. I'm gonna answer your questions. Oh I've got some stuff. People don't worry when it comes to new phones, cars and then other news. But I'm all over the place. It's just like it's an all for one. It's an entertainment show. Because if you don't do a little entertainment, if you don't talk about, you know, a plethora of things, which I've been doing for two plus decades, You're not going anywhere. And that's why I've been hanging around three four six twenty nine Texan Callum read good to see in my man. He is here potentially picking up your phone calls, telling me in my ear, hey, Michael, you should check out your ex or some of the fun comments that you're getting. Maybe do some giveaways. And I will start with this. I got about a minute and a half for two minutes. There's a big game this weekend. And I got the annual email for my bosses at iHeart. Everybody did also, and I want to kind of read it to you. And I don't know whether to break the rules. If I really do like my job right now. But I got this email from iHeart Radio, which is the world's largest you know, radio conglomerate here eight hundred plus stations all over the country, and it says this here is I'm gonna read it and cal let me know if the bosses are calling. But the email subject was super Bowl trademark reminder important reminder. Important to be clear on the use of trademarks, especially around the game this weekend. Please see below When it is okay, stations who are promoting the super Bowl fifty nine YouTube tailgate concert can reference the word super Bowl when promoting the concert as we iHeart are the partner for the pregame concert and it is included in the event title. That is the only time you are allowed to reference it by name unless you have written authorization. Stations cannot use the trademark super Bowl outside of referencing the concert event unless they have additional written authorization. The term super Bowl is a trademark of the unfill may not be used without explicit written permission. Now, it is permissible to use the term Big Game to refer to the super Bowl. So I could use the Big Game in an advertisement for a store that is selling items for someone might needing a party for that day or whatever. It is very important to know the difference, as still you're to comply can result in costly penalties. Please review the trademark guidelines before you talk about it, Folks, I do not know if I'm going to make it past this commercial break. If the phone is ringing, I will try to refrain from using the term Super Bowl. I will go with Big Game because I'm going to tell you about last minute televisions to buy. If you want a party tray of some wings to watch the screw Big Game? How much commercials are going for in the big gate where you can see Big Game commercials before they even air. How long the over under? How long will Michael Garfield last on this show? Maybe two and a half commercial breaks? We shall see people don't go anywhere. It is the Hi Tech Taxing show on Big Game weekend, Hi Tech Texan show, by the way, which is trademarked by me, and anybody can utilize it, not to steal it, not to endorse it, but if you want to refer to me by the name, feel free to use high Tech Texan. I, unlike the NFL, love people saying high tech Texan instead of that other two words that start with an S and a B. That Big Game this weekend, which we I guess now if you just tuned in, we technically cannot use it because I do not want to get in trouble. Phone number here eight it's three four six twenty nine text and if you do want to get into the game, three four six twenty nine textan and we're going to talk about a number of things, including the Big Game this weekend. Who you got? Who you got? I got some last minute help buying and setting up if you're buying and setting up a TV with depending when you're listening to us, certainly about twenty four hour, twenty eight hours at the most. If you're in San Antonio, you got less than twenty four hours. If you're Dallas, you've got less than that. Wherever you're listening, If you're setting up a television for your party tomorrow, let me help you out. You better know what you're doing, because the last thing you want to do is you want to run to Costco. You want to run the best buy It got Sam's wherever you're to get a TV, and you better have someone pick up that fifty five inch seventy five inch. You gotta have one hundred inch TV. You better plug in your cable. Does it work in the channels come in? Well? Is it set up? Is it set for ten ADP? I mean you're not gonna get four I mean there is a way to watch it four k over the year. If you have cable, you're probably not gonna be able to watch it in four k. Makes the last thing you want to do is you want to have people over. Man, they're ready for your wings, They're ready for all the food, and all of a sudden boom, you're not watching. I told you last week. Set up your TV at least a week before to get it done. If you need some last minute help, feel free to try to get in. I can maybe help you talk you off the ledge three four six twenty nine Texan. One of the ways I have long said, if you really want the best picture, using over the air antenna versus cable or versus god forbid, you're using satellite. If you are in a big sit well, if you're in any city, but certainly a large city like I am broadcasting in Houston and Dallas and San Antonio. Right now, it is on the Fox TV and your Fox affiliate depending whatever it is by the FCC. They it is a law. They are broadcasting a digital signal over the air right now. And if you got a digital antenna, which doesn't cost much. Man, these things could be ten bucks, thirty bucks, no more really than that. And you hook it into your television, and you point and aim your antenna, hopefully near a window or outside wherever that broadcast tower is. You're gonna pull in a much better TV picture, much better quality than you're getting than you're getting on cable, quite simply because that signal it's not compressed like cable does. It is over the and it's gonna be without delay my cable. The way I watch it at number one, I play an exhorbited amount of money. Thank you very much, Exfinity. I'm not happy with you. But it is sometimes ten to thirty seconds behind real time, certainly behind some of my buddies who are texting me. So when my buddies text me, did you see that play, they're spoiling it for me. When you're watching over the air, it is almost real time and the quality is so much better. Take it from me, You may want to try that There is a way to stream it this year for fr ee, Like when it's on CBS CBS is they charge you for streaming because they want you to get the parentmont network and everything. For some reason you want to stream it because you don't have cable well number or you don't even have in the over the antenna. You could watch it on two B t ub I. TB is owned by Fox. Oh my, how about that? You download the two B app and you can watch it. And I believe you can actually watch that stream in four K and that's pretty big issue. You really can't watch it in four K because a lot of cable companies do not allow to not broadcast, do not broadcast or do not carry that signal all the way through in four K. That big game it does start at five thirty Central time. You can watch it live. But to be is is pretty cool. There's a lot of There are a number of different free streamers out there. There, the free trials of direct TV, which is a stream, Fubo which is another one. You could sign up I think for YouTube tv for a week or two before it gets here for eighty nine dollars or so. But twob is hosting the free live stream of Fox's game, the game day coverage of the twenty twenty five Big Game, and so questions about that, I am here for you. We have got to Oh, by the way, for the first time, people don't care about audio a lot. I'm not an audio file is what they call them? The Super Bowl Oop, sorry about that. The Big Game is being broadcast for the very first time with Dolby ATMOS ATMs audio. But only if you have Exfinity X one, which is their even higher service, and if you have the right year. As I told you, I have Exfinity for the three hundred whatever dollars I'm paying a month. Not only should I get this dang game in Dolby atmost, I should get it in freaking a k you know what, I should actually be given a ticket to the actual game in New Orleans. That's how much I'm paying for this service. So Comcast, which owns Exfinity, they said earlier this week that it will not only offer Dobie Vision as it did a few years ago for the Big Game. This year, it's also adding Dolby ATMAS Dobie at MISS and you're gonna need to be an Exfinity xcellent subscriber. And you're gonna need a checklist of required hardware. You're gonna need a four K TV, You're gonna need a four K hd R set top box. You're gonna need a four K capable HDMI cord. You're gonna need external speakers or a soundbar that need to support Dolby ATMOS for the virtual sound experience. People not worth it. I do not hear. You don't need to hear Tom Brady's color commentary. That's that clear to go out and buy all that stuff. But you know, it's nice to know the technology is there three four six twenty nine texts in is how you're going to get to me if you want to see some of the ads. I have seen most all of the ads, and I'm a marketing guy. And for eight million dollars for the high end price that Fox is charging, those advertisers want to maximize their ad buy and so just blowing it all in a thirty second one time. They've released a lot of their ads free game, and you can find them on YouTube, and you can find them on different to very you know, you go to the websites. I GARF have made it easy for you. I have found one site that it's legal too, that already has posted almost every single of the major advertiser thirty seconds or even one minute super Bowl ads. Go to my ex account right now and you can watch it. It's high tech text, high tec h E X A N. Go to It's x dot com or Twitter, whatever you want to call it. And there's a link. And I posted it on Friday. It here's a link, and I've watched them all. Some of them are off, okay, I haven't laughed out loud for some. There's a lot of superstars. I saw everybody. Yes, I know the stupid mayonnaise commercial has that when Harry met Sally with Billy Crystal, Meg Ryan kind of Cube. I've seen David Beckham, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, It's Sabrina Carpenter who goes on and on. Some of them tug your heart. Some of them don't make sense. There's one with Shaboozy. I just listen. I love Shaboozy. His song, you know, Let's get Drunk on Fifth Street. Whatever it is, he's in a he's in a candy commercial that you don't if you unless you know what Shaboozy looks like you don't know who this guy is walking down the street. That's that's wasted six to seven eight million dollars. I didn't like that one. So you can go to x dot com, Twitter, go to high Tech Texan and if you hurry up, let me know one of your favorite commercials. Now, we'll tell you this. This is what these these companies do. They will tease these commercials beforehand, but then during the actual game, maybe at the end, they're gonna surprise you. Maybe there's gonna be a cameo that you didn't know. That is how you maximize. Oh that's funny. And I say this is because if you're watching the big game with friends, and generally you're gonna be with friends, and generally you're gonna be a big party and everybody's gonna be talking, and when the commercials kind of gone on, it's gonna be shut up. I want to hear this. Just go ahead and watch the commercials beforehand. I like advertisers. I love sponsors. By the way, this portion of my show we're brought to you by US Coins and Jewelry. It is the place if you have coins, you want to buy coins, you wanna sell Coins. They are based in Houston. They're on Katie Freeway just outside Loop six ' ten open six days awake. They're not open on Sundays, Nope. They've taken Chick fil A model. This is where Kenny and Matt Duncan and their entire family. They have been operating for two generations. I was there earlier this week for my bird Day. I bought and sold a Rolex Watch. Valentine's Day is coming up. It is great if you're not in Houston and you still have a great coin collection. They are absolutely trustworthy to work with Via the web, go to US Coins and Jewelry dot com. See, folks, it took thirty seconds for me to talk about and this show remains free. Tax time's coming up. That's not free. Got some tax tips coming up. This is what we do. We're all over the board. Stand by. We're going to talk to believe it or not, a cell phone wireless company to give you some tax tips on how to maximize your week fund and your money. Coming up there on the high Tech Thatshire we are back at it.
Speaker 4: Indeed, Michael Garfield.
Speaker 2: It is the long running high tech text show heard all across the state of Texas, Trustrilly and around the world on the iHeartRadio app. We do thank you for downloading that app. And you know I talk about apps, but you know I'm gonna go about old school. At my desk, I actually have a calendar. I have literally a calendar that I ripped the pages out.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I listen, I use my Microsoft calendar and I'm looking at these at the calendar and it's the beginning of February and i know what that means for me. It means I'm starting to get all my ten ninety nine tax forms in the mail right now, and I'm not happy about that whenever I go out to my mailbox. But a last people reminder, tax season is upontus. Depending if your pay quarterly taxes or the April fifteenth tax it is coming up. And believe it or not, taxes have a lot to do with with so many things, the way we spend, what we don't spend. And there's some you know, some tips and you know ways to get around some things. And that's one of the things that I wanted to talk about when it comes particularly to cell phone in data plans. And I was talking to to my buds over at Total Wireless, and they said, this is a very seasonal. It's a perfect time with some of their prepaid plans to really think about some of these things when it's tax season. So I wanted to get some more information about this, and so I said, let's set up a little chat, which I'm going to do right now with AJ Paul. He is the new vice president of sales with Total Wireless, many stores across the country and a ton of stores, AJ that you have here in our great state of Texas of Houston, San Antonio, in Dallas. I do appreciate. Have you done your taxes? Let me start with that question.
Speaker 3: I have not done yet, but it is on my to do list.
Speaker 2: Michael, I do beg you for you better get on a brother. I thank you for your time. This is incorrect me if I'm wrong. Tax season it's a time when many people reassess their budgets and knowing that how can your company, how can Total Wireless help customers make the most of their refunds? And I do like that word refunds when upgrading their plans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, Michael. You know a single word that defines for us that Total Wireless is flexibility. So we have options for our customers for family plans for multi months. So think about this way. You have a refund, how do you want a best deploy it you can get a new device at a great value, or we have some plans where you can pay three months in advance for a great value bundle price. Then you don't have to worry about your wireless plan for three months. Right, get ahead in your budgeting. So this is a great time for flexibility in our Total Wireless stores for our customers.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm very familiar with your plans. I use your service, and I know there's a lot of pluses. I talk about a lot. I mean you don't have to have long term commitments, and you just talked about paying upfront. I guess the words flexibility aj flexibility very important when choosing a wireless provider. Let me, I'll have you go over some of the options that Total Wireless offers when it comes to paying upfront or avoiding those long term commitments. What do you have?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Absolutely, So think about it this way. When somebody brings their number over to us Total Wireless, right, we basically deeply discount a device. Right now, we're running a great iPhone thirteen promotion right where we a customer can get a free iPhone thirteen with poured in and where, and we have bundled three months of service with it. So customer comes in, they get a new plan, they get three months of service already paid, and it's so much less than if they were trying to get it anywhere else. And oh, by the way, there's no monthly payments on the phone. It's all paid off. They own it free and clear. So it's really just an amazing time for our customers. Now, if you want to do like a family plan, we've got a better plan for them.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: You can get multiple iPhone thirteens or an Android. If you're an Android person, you know at point of sale where your total out the door price is affordable, but the quality of service and plans and phones they're getting are just unbelievable.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about androids. I'm an Android guy. You know me, you love me and all my listeners, and we don't do iPhones, baby, but I know we can talk about to bring your own device. That's one of the great things. Man. You don't even need to purchase the phone from you guys bring your own device and you can get the service. But we'll continue what that is. We are talking to AJ Paul. He is with Total Wireless managing monthly expenses. It's got to be number one right now for a lot of people. It's just what's going on in the economy and the tax time of year. Talk about the prepaid plans, I mean, how can it help customers stay in control of their wireless costs?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Michael, the way to think about prepaid now is completely different than what people thought about. Right When we offer solutions at a Total Wireless store, we're not only just trying to save them money on their wireless spill. Hey, we offer home internet. We offer some plans with Disney Plus. Right, so if you're an ESPN person, if you're a Hulu person, so we can help you save money not only on your subscriptions and home internet altogether. The bundled in. So when you talk about living on a budget, predictability is the most important thing. You pay up front, you know exactly what you're getting. There's no surprise fees, no surprise bills, no overages, and that keeps somebody on a budget long term.
Speaker 2: It makes sense. Listen a lot people. They ask me. One of the biggest questions I've received twenty plus years i've been doing this AJ it's like, should I is it easy to switch providers? Can I keep my own number? And you know, I mean when I started the show, there wasn't portability. Now there is portability, you can switch and keep your numbers. For the people out there thinking about switching providers, what do they in your give me the top one, two, three things? What should they consider when looking for a plan that fits their lifestyle? In there? Maybe their needs.
Speaker 3: Absolutely so really important. Right, Look, everybody offers kind of similar things, but there's some value propositions that we bring to the table.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: We don't data cap our customs, So if you use unlimited data, well it's truly unlimited. So if you are a streamer on your Android device because the big screen, well guess what you can do that?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: If you want to make sure that there's some friends and families abroad you want to call, some of our plans include international calling. So really be sure of what's important to you, your lifestyle and also kind of your calling habits, right, because what we'll tell you is on the surface, all the plans look the same, but when you look at the fine print, Total Wireless really offers the best value proposition of all the add ons, the value added features that we offer.
Speaker 2: I like it to AJ Paul with me here for another few minutes. He is with Total Wireless one hundred and thirty Total Wireless locations. Is that over unders? That pretty close?
Speaker 3: Pretty close?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, so many stores out there, and certainly in our listening area of Texas. Here. Give me now that we're going, I'm gonna go back to tax season. What are some of the common questions you're getting from customers this time of year, tax season about how do I find the right plan? How can I save money? YadA YadA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the biggest question is Michael, Hey, how easily can I switch my family over?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: I've got four or five lines, they're all with different carriers. Well, I can tell you our poured in process super simple. You know, we can set you up, you know, right in the spot numbers work within fifteen to twenty minutes typically, and now with our setup and go process at Total Wireless, we'll get you walk out working right. Your data is transferred, your apps on the phones, you know, your email's working We can get you set up on auto pay right from the store, so you don't have to go back and have homework to go set up your phone like many of us used to do, spend hours at home trying to transfer data. We can do all the all of that in our stores. And that's the number one question, right, How easy can you How frictionalists can you make this for me?
Speaker 2: We like frictionless with out of debt. All right, I'll get you out of here on this one because obviously the VP of sales and so I know you know the inside info any special promotions taxis infromotions going on now, total wireless that we should know about.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I'm gonna start with Android because you've got an Android lover here. Yeah, there you go, right right. We have multiple Samsungs that are absolutely free when you pour it in your number, right like, so I have a fifty four, a sixteen, We have options, big screen. You know it's These are not entry level phones by the way, Michael, these are really good quality Samsung devices right BYOD. You mentioned BYOD We have an amazing rate plan offer where when set up with auto pay, we take fifty percent off somebody's monthly bill talk about a budget right there. You've got a hero device you love, bring over to us. We'll make sure we get it switched over for you. And then last but not least, I know half the country loves iOS. We have an iPhone thirteen for free right now, you know, with with that three month bundle we were talking about. So if you're an iPhone lover, it's a great time to get there as well. You know, we love families here at Total so we have a red hot ticket promotion going on right now. When you bring in a family member, you know, do a family plan, do an Android a family plan. We pay your first month for you, right so it's it's really a good time to consider us. And you know we have stores all over the country, especially Texas, so find us, you.
Speaker 2: Know it make it makes sense. Also, listen, whether you're an iPhone fan, which I'm not, or an Android, I just do like those favorite four letters, you can get him free some way, one to be another at Total Wireless. Hey, listen, I do thank you for your time. AJ Paul. He's the VP of sales at Total Wireless, one hundred and thirty stores all across pretty much the country, but also concentrated. Go check out San Antonio listeners, Dallas listeners, and Ahetown Houston listeners. Go check it out because I use it. Services services very fast too, and so uh it's you know, keep on keeping on taxi now I gotta go to my taxes now. Ajay, that's the bad news.
Speaker 3: All right. Well, Michael, thanks for having me and appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I appreciate all right, folks questions. I'll tell you what. This is a good time to talk. I have open phone lines seven one three, two one two five, nine to five. Oh you got quote? Why don't you use your old data plan? Use that number and we could talk about switching it over to total wireless that I can answer any questions about phones, data plans or whatever. It's Michael Garfield. It is the High Tech Texting Show. Don't go anywhere. We'll be right back, I know, segment of this first hour of the High Tech Ta Sinsha. Thank you very much for hanging in here. If you've got if you've got square pools for the big game tomorrow, I hope you draw some good numbers. I am in a square pool. I think I'm at about three or four different square pools, and the big one I am in, and I am not kidding you. I am in a four hundred dollars square pool. And believe me, I'm not bragging about this because I'm not happy about it. I was kind of goaded into it. I'm at a four hundred dollars per square square pool, which means, if you can extrapolate real quick, the payout is ten thousand dollars per quarter. It is the most I've ever bought into a squarepool. I only bought one square and I think my numbers are seven and nine, and I don't know for which team. But if for some reason you're watching the game, think of me. If the last digits are seven and nine, and it depends, I actually may not show up for work next week if I win one of these square pools. I won two years ago, I won a square pool. It was the one in Los Angeles. It was when the Rams won it. Who they played. They played the Bengals. I believe the second quarter, in the fourth quarter the digits were the exact same, and I won those two quarters, So I won. And I think it was a ten dollars square pool. So still I won a few hundred bucks whatever it was. You imagine winning one quarter and I get ten gerer. You imagine winning two or more quarters, and it's just cash. Our irs don't have to know about that. I digress here at the Michael Garfield Show, the High Tech Taxis Show. Hey, speaking of money, if if you're spending an entire paycheck on a dozen eggs, you might as well prepare them to perfection. And I saw this. Now scientists now say they have discovered the recipe to cook the best possible boiled egg, and it just takes thirty two minutes. I call bs on that. I'm sorry, man, thirty two minutes to boil an egg. It is a study I saw. It's published in Communications Engineering, which is exactly the magazine I would be reading. To boil an egg. Scientists recommend. We got scientists in the mix now telling us how to boil eggs. Scientists recommend putting eggs in a steamer basket, which actually I do, transferring them between two bowls of water every two minutes so they can cool off and cool up, one boiling and the other set to eighty six degrees until thirty two minutes are up. It's called periodic cooking and it yields a velvety yolk in a meaty but soft white egg. You kidding me? I used to boil eggs for about thirty minutes and the yolk turns out gray and chalky. And I did I thought that my mom did it that way. I did it that way. I mean, passover comes around and I'm boiling eggs and then they're all gray and chalking. Until a buddy of mine told me about soft boiled eggs. He boils his eggs for eight minutes, puts him in water. Dude, that is the way to go. Do a softboat egg. Because the yolk it's bright yellow. Sometimes you're gonna get it. It's a you could taste the yolk. It's not chalky. Man, let's debate it right now, phone number three four six twenty nine text and that's how you're gonna get into the high tech tax and show. By the way, here's in breaking news. Someone stole one hundred thousand dollars worth of eggs off a truck in Pennsylvania. I think it was this week, AE hundred thousand dots. Who carries that many eggs in a truck? Then again, I guess with the price of eggs today, it could have been about four dozen eggs. By the way, police are scrambling to find the culprit. They're hoping to crack the case soon. I'm gonna let you know if I hear anything more about it. Okay, we're done with the puns here on the High Tech Textion Show. You know how to get a hold of me. You know how to get a hold of me. Next hour, I'm gonna talk about the Samsung Galaxy S twenty five, the S twenty five plus the S twenty five Ultra. Officially, it took two plus weeks that I've had the phone. They are now officially on sale on the market. If you pre ordered and you have a Samsung Galaxy S twenty five, one of the three phones they released, you've had it now for less than twenty four to forty eight hours. Why don't you use it in call? Mean you tell me your thoughts because you've heard me talk about it in review at NonStop for two weeks now three four six, two nine, te x A N. I will talk a little bit more to give you some ideas. Is it worth the money? Is the Ultra worth thirteen hundred? Next hour? If you don't get the second hour, I think San Antoni, I think you only get this first hour. If not, you can go to iHeartRadio dot com listen to the podcast. Just search for for high Tech Texts and you'll be able to uh to listen to that second hour of the the high Tech Texts and show for you Austin folks, A lot of people go to Austin, San Antonio so close to Austin. You know what you're getting in Austin. You are you were you were gonna get way mo w A y m O. You may have seen these vehicles on the street and this is kind of scary. This is the partnership they have with Uber. It is a self driving robotaxi. Has anybody seen these It's only in a few cities. Austin got them and they've been testing them. You may have been driving nearby a car with this weird looking alien round antenna thing on top and no, no one has been in there. Well, you are now one step closer to hailing as self driving vehicle in Austin through the Uber app. Company announced earlier this week that they opened up what's called an interest list so that curious writers can declare their interest in potentially being matched with a Waimo robo taxi because the partnership with Uber is launching very quote unquote soon. I can't tell exactly when it was a few months ago. In September, Uber and Weimo they announced the expansion of their partnership in Austin and Atlanta, because they teamed up already in Phoenix last year before I was in Austin, I think for it was a football game was watching. I went up there for a ut football game and I saw a few waymos rolling around. They had a launch party, which I was not invited to. Thank you, Weeimo, and they're getting ready. They're launching an early sometime the next few months. Early of twenty twenty five. They're one step closer to join the interest list Uber writers. I guess in Austin, you go to your account, your settings, you look for autonomous vehicles under the ride preferences, and you hit join the interest list. Self driving vehicles are new, but they've grown relatively stable in the easing years, and Ram no doubt it's the biggest player. Amazon has something called Zooks. They're trying to get a piece of that. Luca depot. There's startups like Nay Mobility, are Avaie they've expanded and GM they used that one cup cruise they killed that that's not gonna happen to Before we get out of here, think about this. Feel free. You all to chime in on my ex acount I tech X and are called next Hour. Are you safe? Are you comfortable? Are you comfortable getting behind the getting in a car with no driver behind the wheel? Phone number here, three, four, six, two nine tv X An hour number one is over, Michael Garthur. We have so much more Next Hour. I know we have a few minutes of commercial break. It keeps the show free. Thank you for keeping us right here on a big weekend of the big game. It's the high Tech is Michael Garfi.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield.
Speaker 5: Michael Garfield's joining.
Speaker 3: In the high Tech Texan.
Speaker 2: Michael Garfield is here with a high Tech Texans. It as to make life easier. Story technology and Michael Garfield has something you might like.
Speaker 1: Michael Garfield is your high Tech Texans three decades helping you make magic with your gadgets. Heard worldwide on the iHeartRadio ad. Now You're high Tech Texan. Michael Garfield.
Speaker 2: Halfway through the High Tech Texans Show. Hour one is Zova. We've got less than an hour ago, which means we are a halfway through the show. Sale with me, people, we are a halfway to halpy hour. Call. How come we don't have a sponsor for halfway to happy hour? We need a good liquor company. We used to have Goodie Goodie Liquors Texas based based in Dallas. They used to sponsor this. We need to do that. I got a lot of My birthday was this past week, and thank you very much for all the accolades. So I guess I'm an easy target of people know what I want because I am one of the hardest persons that you would ever know to buy something for. And if you think about it, it's very simple. I have covered the consumer lifestyle slash technology industry for twenty plus years. If I want almost anything in the technologic world, the gadget world, I'm very honored that I could contact a company and they're going to send it to me. Now, when they send it to me, odds are they're gonna give me just They're gonna let me use it, review it for about thirty days or so. I'm totally cool with that before I have to return it. But it gives me the opportunity to find out do I want it? Did it change my life? That gives me the content to tell you this is a great product. This product is crap. You don't want to use it. So there's no use anybody getting me anything when it comes to tech or a kitchen gadget or even a car, Like anybody's gonna buy me the car. But if you want to buy me a car, feel free to buy me a car. I test drive cars every single week. I don't work with dealerships. I get them directly from the manufacturer. I have done this for fifteen years. I'm a member of the Texas Auto Writers Association, and I'm very honored to be able to get a car. It is not a paid deal. It is total content, which means when I roll around in a car, a vehicle, and it could be an SUV, a CUV, a sports car, an EV, a Mini van, I get them all. I can tell you they're great, they're bad. This needs to improve, and I really do, from the bottom of my heart, I do appreciate you listening to me and taking my advice and going out test driving and purchasing so many vehicles that I've recommended for fifteen years. All right, so you don't need to get me a car. And by the way, later this hour, I'm going to talk about the one. What's Michael driving? This week? I was in a brand new twenty twenty five Nissan Kicks Get you All Kicks en Route sixty six. It's a relatively small vehicle, doesn't cost too too too much. But I'll give you my thoughts on that sonyway. It's tough to get me things. And where I'm going with this is I have a few passions. And if you know who I am, you know what I do. I am a bourbon guy. I love Meason brown Water. Very few bourbons. Bourbon whiskey gets released, certainly the state of Texas without a bottle coming through this radio studio where I test it. I interviewed distillers. I will give you the tasting notes. I had a little caramel on the front end. There's a vanilla, very oaky woo. This is powerful.
Speaker 3: Ah, this is not.
Speaker 2: I have a bourbon collection. I literally have built a bourbon bar, very personalized bourbon bar, and in my home out of that thing, too, and so when people want to give me a gift, and I had a little I had several kind of little parties. But people through and they thought, hey, let's be cute. Let's get Michael a bottle of bourbon, which they probably should know. I probably have more bourbon than half the state of Kentucky combined. But I got some really nice bottles of bourbons. I probably got another. I got about twelve to fifteen new bottles of bourbon, some of which are my favorites, some of which I've had before. Some are knew that I haven't heard, which is nice. You'd think one of these bourbons can't callum. Let's let's where's our sales folks? Okay, for iHeart, where's Robert Reese, my guy? Let's let's put him on halfway to Happy hourre brought to you by somebody Old Elk. You ever heard of Old Elk. It's out of Fort Collins, Colorado. Not bad man. They got four or five different varietels. Very impressed with that. Got a bottle of Colonel E. H. Taylor That ain't cheap.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 2: I got some good friends. One dude gave me a bottle Scotch. That's gonna be regifted. Phone number here three four six twenty nine. Text in three four six two nine t e x A, n oh. You know what it's time for. You know what it's time for. It is time for this week in what other job is AI taking over? That's right, folks, brought to you by nobody. What other job this week is AI taking over? Well, here we go. Adobe Acrobat. We like Adobe, you know, pdf reader and does some things. Adobe a Acrobat apparently just launched an AI assistant. Pretty cool. Everybody. Everybody has to have an AI assistant, right, ADOBEAI has an AI assistant that can now assess contracts for you. That's right, contracts. It gives the ability to understand contracts and compares them for you. Somebody says it's going to help you make sense of complex terms and spot some differences between agreements between the old ones between the new ones, so you can understand what you're signing. It's going to be able to recognize that a document is a contract, even if it's a scan page. It can identify and list key terms. From there, it can summarize the document's contents, and it can recommend questions that you can ask based on what's in it. It could compare up to ten contracts with one another, and when it's done checking, you could sign the document duh directly or request the signatures from your colleagues or clients. Of course, you have to trust the AI assistant to actually be able the spot important information. You've got to catch the both small and the significant changes. I'm reading this and I'm thinking, if it works properly, this could be one of of Acrobat AI's most useful features, seeing as users open billions of contracts every single month on the Acrobat app. Oh, by the way, this isn't free the Acrobat Ai Assistant. It's an add on. It's going to cost you five bucks a month, whether or not you're already paying for adobees other services and products. So I'm gonna say in here this is the way I assess products or services. Is this for you or not? If you do read contracts, and if you do retain a lawyer that charges you anywhere from two three four five hundred bucks an hour to some of my buddies who are literally charged fifteen hundred, two thousand dollars an hour, I'm not getting you. I have some high prier I have some really smart friends five bucks a month. I'd I'd love to actually have a lawyer challenge. I may do this. I am one of the few lawyers who are one of my friends who was not a lawyer. Most every single one of my really really good friends for the past forty years, they went to law school. They were for major firms Chicago, New York, Dallas, there's a few here in Houston. I should probable, I really should do it live on the radio. Hey lawyer, here's a contract. Within five minutes, thirty minutes, I want you to assess this contract A versus contract B. What are your thoughts? And then I'm gonna put the I'm gonna spend five bucks on the Adobe Acrobat AI assistant to see what they do. Wouldn't that be awesome. Let's embarrass some lawyers out there. And there you have it, folks, it's the weekly. What other job is AI taking over the world with? If you've got something from a pop me a note Michael Garfield at iHeartMedia dot com when we come up. AI has overtaken the smartphone world. AI is prevalent everywhere that you were looking and playing with the new Samsung Galaxy S twenty five phones. I have played with it for well over two weeks. It finally hit the marketplace just this past Friday. Did you spend thirteen hundred dollars on the Samsung S twenty five Ultra? Is it worth it for you? I'll do one final deep dive after the.
Speaker 4: Break ad at Michael Garfield.
Speaker 2: We didn't thank you for tuning in to the high tech texts and show this portion of the show brought to you by the great Cabo Bob's people. Oh, I cannot thank Cabo Bob's enough. What a love this restaurant. They were kind enough. Well, we got a little partner dell over there. They provided the food at one of my little birthday get togethers this past weekend. Man, make your own taco bar. It is so simple man, what they did. It's kind of a They brought it, laid everything out beforehand, and they brought their unbelievable chicken and beef which, by the way, they freshly smoke on Kamata Joe's. They just don't fry it or grill it. No, it is Commata Joe's. Five different types of fresh tortillas, the best double thick chips, Caso rice and beans, everything you need. If you're thinking about having a party, catered office party, I mean if and when I ever get married, Cabo Bob's is gonna They're going to cater the wedding. That's how good they are. Four locations in Houston. They got one in San Antonio, Dallas, you're screwed. They don't have any yet. Austin. They're all over the place. They're based in Austin. But Cobo Bob's they were just great, So Lori and Arnold Rios, they kind of run the Houston region, just just salt of the earth. And every time I go in the place, it's kind of fast casual. You walk into a Cabo Bob's, you go up and down the line, tell them you want what you want in either a massive burrito, three tacos. They can make caesadias. They're just so good. Cobo Bob take my word for it's nice. When people say, garth Man, you were right. That is just good food. And why are they closed on Sundays? I don't know. That's that's two of that's two of my partners here that are closed on Sunday. Cabo Bob's are closed. US coins and jewelry are closed on Sundays. It's a day rs people. But now that football season is getting ready to be ova this weekend on a Sunday, why don't you just open on a Sunday because there's nothing else to do? Just just my two cents? What else say you're gonna do? Oh real quickly, I'm gonna end on the AI thing. Lastest segment if you heard, I did a segment called what other job is AI taking Over? And I talked about Adobe's Acrobat AI can now assess contracts for you. You don't even need to have a lawyer for that. Did anybody watch the Grammys last weekend? I caught the Grammys and there were some really neat performances. But did you see who won a Grammy? There's a It was a band that you made a lot of my listeners based on their age and demographics. You may not have heard of. It's a little It's a band out of little town in England. They're called the Beatles. They're no longer around and they won a Grammy fifty five years after they broke up. Why With the help of modern machine learning technology and AI, the Beatles released a song in late twenty twenty three. It's called Now and Then, and that won this Grammy. And the song contains vocals that were recorded over fifty years ago and a guitar track from nineteen ninety five. The technological limitations at that time prevented it from really seeing the light of day because of the audio issues. Nope, the demo was first recorded John Lennon's singing and piano were on the same audio track. John Lennon murdered Rest of Soul nineteen eighty, separating those two tracks of the singing a piano. It was impossible back then. AI can do that now without much bleed, without much loss, and the surviving Beatles Paul mcartney Ringo starred. They were able to complete the song by recording a new based new drum parts, and they released in almost thirty years later, and it won a Grammy this past year. That's I guess it got by with a little help from AI. And that's the week in AI. And I'm almost done talking about AI, but I'm not because I'm getting ready to talk about a phone that was just released that has AI. Folks, if you've listened to this show for the past two or three weeks. I was in San Jose, California, in January. I was out there on my half of Samsung. It was their launch, their big press release, their news release of the sam Sung flagship up, the Galaxy S twenty five, three different versions. It's the S twenty five, the S twenty five plus the S twenty five Ultra. I was able to get an S twenty five Ultra. I have had it for two, if not three weeks. I have played with it. I have showed off to a number of people who are big Android folks. I am a longtime Samsung fan. I am not. I am not on their payroll. Samsung has directly, never not even indirect, They have never paid me anything. I have sold more Samsung gear than probably any other technologically technologial the media person. I should be on their payroll. Nope, that's okay, don't worry about it. But I will tell you about it. It's a good phone. The Ultra is a big one, and it finally hit the market this past Friday. Anybody have one talk to me, call me on your new Samsung three fourths nine Texan t e xam. This is a big one. The big one is what I've had the Ultra thirteen hundred dollars. They did not up it from last year. The S twenty four Ultra also thirteen hundred dollars. It's designed a bit different this year's Ultra. It feels a little bit. It's a softer, more curvy appearance. It is not ninety degree angles. You've got the four corners that are a little bit more curved. I would recommend putting a case on it, which at that point you really can't tell. It's curved, rounded corners. It has a new front and back glass. It's made of corning a Gorilla armor two that's a new version of the company's anti reflective coating. Looks great. Allegedly, it's going to be tougher if you drop it. Don't drop it people. If you combine it with the bezels on the end, they're fifteen percent smaller than before, which means you're going to get a larger phone. Front size. It's about a six point nine inch display, up from six point eight inches, but the actual physical size outside to outside from last year remains the same. Very first versatile phone. The chips inside a bit more powerful and the AI features that is what they're touting Yes, it's a faster chip. They've got a new ultra wide camera, phone sensors for the camera, got a few cosmetic tweaks. Overall, looks feels pretty similar to last year's model. Excellent screen, good performance. I like the battery life. I can dig the ultra wide sensor went from what was it twelve megapixels maybe twenty five minutes, it's fifty megapixels this year. Four camera lenses one, two, three, four. Those are the good things about it. I like it. If you use last year and know what an spen is, it's a pins that electronic pen change it this year this no longer support. Doesn't have bluetooth, so you can't use it as there's a magical wand it doesn't have those air actions where you can wave it and do some things. Doesn't do that, which is fine. I never knew. I never used it that way. It ain't cheap, it's not fully comtible, compatible with all the magnetic CHI two accessories. But make my mistake, this is AI. They are touting the artificial intelligence features in the software. There's a number of new and improved features. The general goal. In my opinion, it seems like it's making all of its tools more power, more intuitive. They've got something called the Samsung News Brief adds a very personalized feed weather, local traffic, upcoming calendar appointments right on that home lock screen. You don't even need to unlock it. I get one little morning says good morning, and there's one at night. This is what you need to know. Pretty handy. They've got an edge panel you swipe in on the tab the right side of the screen. There's some more AI features. It could listen to what it could hit an AI can listen to a song that's being played. You can hum in a song that's being played. Yes, I know there are apps that could do this too, Sound Hound, Shazam, but it's right here at the AI feature. There's AI features with the camera. You could generate of edit. You can remove people and it works well. I did an Instagram to go to high tech texting on my Instagram a few days ago. I showed you how the let's remove somebody or something. You can make a sketch of yourself. You can make a three D version that you can make a car two version of yourself. Overall, it's neat. Should you buy this at the end of the day as we get to the bottom of the hour. If you have a Samsung Galaxy S twenty four from last year, I don't think there's a need to and S twenty three if it's still in great working order, there's no cracks and your battery works well. Still nothing. I usually recommend every two or three versions you get it. I don't think I see enough upgrades, enough change in this thing for you to go out and get it. If you don't have an S twenty three at S twenty four, if you've got an S twenty one, maybe you've got an old Samsung Galaxy Note twenty which is about four years ago. Yeah, I think it's worth you getting. Do you want to spend thirteen hundred dollars? There are less expensive versions, Yes, there are. You can get the S twenty five plus does still it's got a good chip, doesn't have the nice high high end cameras, but it's smaller. It is cheaper for about one thousand dollars, and there's one for about eight hundred dollars. The S twenty five. It's worth looking at. Walk into some of your stores, hold it, feel it. But if you have a version if you're an Android fan and you're about two or three, certainly four years or more of a version. You're waiting for it. They're out right now, go get it. Nothing is very very bad about this camera or the phone. I think Samsung has done a good job. We're going to take a break. Coming back up. How has AI affected other areas of technology, including search engine OUP toimization. We'll talk to an excellent expert in that area on the High Tech Textan show, Don't go anywhere. We're back at it. It is Michael Garfield, d High Tech Texan. Happy early February. Phone lines are open, but stand by. I'm not going to take your phone calls yet because this segment it's a conversation piece. That's actually what we call an interview here in the radio program. If anybody has seen my website, which by the way, high Tech text and h I G H T E C H T E X A N, feel free to give me all the kudos that you want. I didn't really do much about it. There was a company based in Houston cled Downs with a Z. They are the ones who helped me put it together. The leader of the pack who runs that company, I've known him for quite a while. His name is Steve Winter. Not only do they do website development, but really big indeed search engine optimization, making sure your business, small business meetium business can be found on the Internet, which helps your business in the long run. They do so much and I check in with Steve every few months to see what is up in the world. And I am going to bring him in right now, Steve before I say, Hi, is this you or is this an AI bot I'm talking to?
Speaker 5: Well, we'll just have to see how we answer those questions. If you can tell the difference or not.
Speaker 2: Should I phrase that in the form of a question like jeopardy? Oooh, man, I tell you it is. I'm not going to use the word scary.
Speaker 5: Steve.
Speaker 2: Listen, you and I have been talking a few times the past month. I just got back from the Consumer Electronics Show. Every company out there had the letters AI involved with everything, the products, the phones and whatever. I was thinking. You know, you guys are the kings of Search engine optimization. You helped so many companies. Has AI infiltrated your world your business yet to see if it has affected for the better for the worst for you guys?
Speaker 5: Oh one hundred percent. I mean, AI is everywhere, right. You know, we were at the sphere in Vegas and you got the AI robots and you know, the whatever they're called there. It's crazy what it's doing. But you know, when when we asked the question, what's happening in twenty twenty five and all that, and then is SEO changed? You know, in many ways, SEO is still in the fundamentals of you've got to do it right technically. You've really got to set the website up right and and and all, and then you've got to also have all the internal linking and backlinks and things like that. So there's still a lot of work that we're doing. But AI has fundamentally shifted a lot of things. You know, there there were companies that would develop content for us and all that and help write content for webs sites because you know, it took a long time to write content. I don't think there are too many content writer jobs out there as much anymore.
Speaker 2: You know, Yeah, you got a point. I'm going to go back to Wooden. You and I and your team sat down to and we're going to redo my entire website. I went through a top to bottom. You guys just do a phenomenal assessment of what are my business goals? What do I want to do? And then when it comes down, you do need copy written on your website. You need to say about us and who's the leadership and what's the goal. You know, I can write pretty well, I don't like to. I got other stuff to do. And I know you had some copywriters. But it is amazing what that AI can do to really not only help it, but speed things up too. And so there must be certain aspects of your job that of your company. The AI is helping, well, it is, but but you what we cannot do, and it's and it is.
Speaker 5: It is amazing as we've all gotten used to it. You know, if you see AI written content, you know it's AI written content. We have to everyone uses it. It helps us get what we need fundamentally started. But we have to de AI it right because Google knows and it's amazing what their bots can do and all that. They don't like AI content. They want good original content and our clients want good content. And the one thing that we've learned about AI, if you ask it a question, it's going to give you an answer. It may not be right at all, but it's going to come back with an answer. And so for those reasons, you know, we really do have to pay attention to what's going on out there and where you do and don't use AI and all. But you know, now it used to be that content was king and the fact that if the competitor had four thousand words, you'd write five thousand words or whatever. Now everyone can write content until the cows come home. So now it's actually reverting back a little bit. It's really well written succinct content, well written succinct titles, well written succinct h ones.
Speaker 1: And also we're.
Speaker 5: Writing, you know what, the good news is, we're writing less and better content for a lot of what we're doing today from an AI perspective, and you know, Google's doing its best, right. They want to keep you if in Google still the gorilla, they want to keep you on their home page and their results page, and so they'll bring back AI answers. But a lot of the AI answer and stuff is more informational, right, it's not transactional, and it's not commercial. So if you're looking to buy a good or a service, you know, AI is not necessarily bringing back that result and it's like, you know, there are a lot of times when I go and look for stuff, I look on YouTube because there's great instructional videos and things like that out there. If I'm trying to sell a product or a service. You know, it was fun. I just had a friend of mine call me today. One of the guys in my breast club owns a commercial HVAC business. I said, man, how are things going? He goes, he Lord, he goes too good, He goes, Really, my concern is is how I afford payroll right now because we are so busy. He goes, I just I can't thank you guys enough. You all have absolutely killed us, you know, killed it for us, and we get so much business now. My ideal is just being able to fund payroll. And I said, well, that's good. Sales cears, all ills, you know, but I love getting those having those phone calls.
Speaker 2: Steve Winter joining me here for a few minutes. He is with astounds as t O U N d Z dot com. If you need a website done, redesign, search engine optimize, absolutely contact them. They're more than happy to give you an assessment to see how they could do it. And they really do work quick. You're right about the AI stuff, because you know, you know, Steve, I've done this. I have a certain style of speaking. I try to use wit, a little humor, and I try to convert that when I write. I don't love writing, but when I'm writing, I don't want to sound like I've never wanted to sound like a bot or a computer, and so I try to write the way I speak. AI is not there yet. It's trying to learn what I'm doing. And when Michael Garfield wipes in, uh, you know, three or four times I've tried to have it write some thing. It'll say, is this okay? I will say, punch it up, make a little bit more humors or whatever it is. But at the end of the day, whatever it spits out, I have to edit it. I have to go in and edit it. And we are at that stage for I think a while, because listen, it's only been around for a heartbeat, and you know, humans have been around for a long, long long time. It's just learning. It has to continue to learn. So until then, you know, it's just better.
Speaker 5: It is machine learning. But it is fascinating. I mean how quickly it can do things. I was working with a friend's resume of my son and and ask him some questions and give me answers and I can put it in a chat DVD. I said, please add these answers, all these questions to this resume, and I mean literally in two seconds it came back. But I then spent thirty minutes making it great. But it would have taken me three hours to do what I did in thirty minutes. You know, but AI is, you know, it is changing the world. There is no doubt about it. You know from chatbots and how it learns and and you know, you know the call centers of the world and all that. I mean, all of this stuff right is getting automated, and AI is getting smart. Websites will continue to get smarter and bring back different results based on the audience and all. It's going to continue to evolve considerably in what's going on. But that's what we're here to do. We're here, you know, I'm not I've never been bleeding edge and tried to be the inventor. That's why I'm not worth billions of dollars. But we try to stay right in the stream and learn and figure out where the technology is going. And all that and then bringing our clients along with us.
Speaker 2: I've seen your house and your golf club and your cars. I may have to test about the billion Actually I'm gonnask Ai, a Steve Winter billionaire.
Speaker 5: Yeah no, yeah, it'll say no, not this Steam winner anyway.
Speaker 2: Yes, exactly, this Steve Winner. Right. Listen, I appreciate time listening for anybody out there. I know we're now in some different cities across the state of Texas. The neat thing about the Internet and what you do, you don't need to physically be in the same city as you. You work with companies all over the country. If anybody does want to contact you about web sites or search engine optimization, how do they get a hold of you.
Speaker 5: Astounds dot com A S t o U N d Z is in Zebra dz dot com. And you know we we do work, We truly do all over the country internationally bilingual you know whatever you need multi lingual sites and there's hardly an industry we haven't touched. But you know, we don't even have to really know your industry. We just need to know what people are searching for in your industry and we help you. You know where we are your salesperson that never sleeps. We're there three sixty five twenty four seven helping you, helping you sell your service to your business, and we don't talk back.
Speaker 2: You don't because websites can't talk about AI one day like Rosie the robot that she's going to talk back but not you. Yeah, that's right down, Hey pal, thank you so much for your time. I appreciate it and anything I can do for you in the meantime. But if I have any extra callers and I can't answer any questions about SEO, I'm going to throw your way, but always appreciate your time.
Speaker 5: Absolutely. Congratulations on your growth, keep it up and hopefully we'll grow with you.
Speaker 2: Let's go both of us growing all right, my friends, Steve Winter Atis down's a s t O U n d Z dot com for all your deeds on the website and search engine optimization. My name Michael Garfield. Not a robot at least not yet. On The High Tech Texting Show, don't go to where we are going to be right back, I know segments of this weekend show, The High Tech Textan Show. Thanks for hanging in there. I bet you're ready for the big game. If you make something special. What are you guys eating? You doing a little wings, a little seven layered dip where you you go send me a photo, pop me a photo. Just add it to my high tech texts and you can go to Twitter x account high tech texts and hi g h T E c h T E x A N. That's the link where I already I blew the lead. Really, I put a link to for all most all of the commercials that you'll see in the Big Game, and we could talk about those next week. Hey, listen, for seven or eight million dollars, you better pay attention of what they're trying to pimp. You're gonna buy some of those. I don't know a lot of car commercials right there. Oh, by the way, speaking of car reviews, better bury the lead over here. What's Michael driving this week? You know, every single week I get to drive in a in a pretty pretty cool vehicle. Be it's not paid, it's it's directly from the manufacturer. I don't deal with dealerships. This past week, I was rolling around in the all new twenty twenty five Nissan Kicks had a smaller vehicle in the compact crossover segment and I've always been a Nissan fan. I remember I was driving one of the Kicks. I think I was down in Miami and they gave us a Kicks to drive from Miami all the way down to the Keys and that was kind of fun. But it seems to me that it's gotten a little larger. It's a four door vehicle, really nice technology inside, kind of a street smart designed, very versatile, and there's some neat options over there. Nissan OI does a great job with its intelligent all wheel drive. That's some tech right there. It gives you some gives you confidence and control of a lot of different weather conditions, some road services. If you're going through snow, which we actually got some in Houston a few weeks ago, it gives you some added you know, I guess, peace of mind. Good ground clearance. Got just about eight point four inches of ground clearance drives up. I like the impression. The design is cool, maybe for the younger set, very bold, kind of got a why stance, good fenders. It's a little boxy maybe with the lower half, but overall it's clean and it's modern. I like it sit inside dashboard, dual screen setup. You've got one, there's your instrument cluster, which is what you look at right through this deering wheel, and there's the infotainment system. Infotainment system is pretty good. It's got about about the standard measure. It's about seve to seven inches the Kicks SR that's an upgraded that's about a twelve point three inch two display models. So there's different versions you can get into. They've got two roses seats. I like the seats. Nissign's got what they call their zero gravity seats, you know, being in Houston, NASA seats or whatever. Very comfortable seats distributes the weights in your pressure. So if you have long rides, like I drive from Houston to Dallas to see my folks Houston Austin. You know, I go up there a lot totally. It's no fatigue. I like it a lot. Really nice panoramic moonroof gives you, you know, always I don't drive with the moon roof for the sun roof open a lot. I did in this one. To me, if you're in a relatively smaller car, if you're not in a massive big suv, sometimes it opens it up when you bring it in some additional light. I do like this moon roof over here too good comfort. I like the cargo space. I actually drove it because I was dry for one of my little birthday swarrays. I had to actually had to schlep some a number of different things, some cases of liquor which don't drink and drive folks. Cargo space is good. I put that second row down, really got a good amount of space in the back. They've got a Kicks S at, a Kicks SV along with that Kicks SR, so they've got different versions of that two point zero Leader inline four engine. It comes in about one hundred and forty one horse power. On the surface, you'll look at that number, not the biggest number with horsepower, but it's a relatively small and light car. So if you combine it with the two point zero Leader in line four, it does have some good get up and go an extronic transmission, all right, So it' Scott again. Three levels, the S the SVDSR two available premium packages. So you can configure this most any way you want, right and now who wants the price? Tell you what? Listen to this. I happen to be in the Nissan Kicks SR. Who is the front wheel drive the MSRP right it twenty set. What is get some glasses twenty eight thousand dollars or so totally? I drove it totally with all the options premium package right at thirty thousand people. I'll tell you what. It's relatively tough to find a decent vehicle for thirty thousand dollars or less. Definitely it. Listen, who is this for? If you have teenagers who are relatively tall, you schlep into soccer, you have a lot of gear, and you have to do a lot of car pools. I don't know, this may be a little small if you've got smaller kids. I would say it's pretty easy to get a car seat in the back. Just starting out. You want to watch the amount of money that you pay it still, you know, gives you kind of the sexiness of the hip hop happiness of your youth. Yeah, take a look the twenty twenty five Nissan Kicks. Big time Nissan Kicks fan. Thank you to Steve Parrott Alba with Prestige Otto for letting me drive that and go check it out every week. That's exactly what I do. I rate and I review of vehicles and so very happy with that one. Not going to give out the phone number because we are almost out of here. Let's see if we can go. People want my predictions for the Big Game. Told you I am in a square pool. I really don't care who win.
Speaker 4: Well, I.
Speaker 2: Don't want Philadelphia to win. As a longtime lifetime Dallas Cowboy fan, I do not want to see Philadelphia winning it. I don't mind Kansas City too much. I mean, yeah, I'm getting a little sick of him, but I like Patrick Mahomes. He's a great kid. He's a Texas boy, went to Texas Tech. Might as well just have they went. I'm rooting for my square pool to win. I'm in a four hundred dollars per square square pool. Each quarter the winner gets ten thousand dollars. So I think my numbers are seven and nine, and I don't know which is which. Believe me, let me let me help you out. If I win, that will be my first words on my show next week. And yes, I will even if I win ten thousand. If I win all four quarters of forty thousand dollars, my dedication to you. After twenty plus years, I'm still gonna be here. Nope, you can't retire on forty thousand dollars, even if the government don't know about it. Get so wherever you're watching the game, and all the advice I've given, and I did get some emails going, hey, Michael, tell me again, what's the best way to watch it? What was the name of the free streaming app? It's called two B by the way to UBI, which is on by Fox. It is on Fox. If you have a chance to actually check it out. If you're using an over the air antenna versus cable, you're going to thank me and appreciate the better the better video quality. Because you're local Fox affiliate, they are by they are governed. There is a law that all local television stations they do have to be broadcasting a digital signal. And digital signals most always are better than the compressed cable signals. And so I hope you do have a good time watching that. I do want to thank some my guests. Thank you again. Aj. He is with Total Wireless, Go visit a Total Wireless five G. Not only do they have great phone plans fifty percent off, I think, as Aj said, in some cases they have five G home wireless Internet. Thank you to Cabo. Bob's tell you remember that out on Sunday. If you if you want some food for your big game party, you better go today. If four locations in Houston, one in San Antonio, a ton of Austin, none for you in Dallas yet, go to Cabo Bob's. Put it in the fridge and heat it up tomorrow. They've got great stuff. Thank it to Campbell's Compounding Pharmacy. And you're looking for a compounding pharmacy, Campbell'scompounding dot com US coins and jewelry. And also thanks to my good friend Steve Winter. Steve is with the stounds aspo indz dot com. But you're looking to build a website, optimize your website, search engine optimization and everything beyond. Thank you to Callum Leading everybody who's put this on. My name is Michael Garfield, a year older, not a year wiser, still having more energy than anybody does. We'll talk to you next week. Thank you so much for tuning me. Goodnight, good weekend, Texas and beyond. Because my show is over.