Speaker 1: You're listening to KPI AM six forty the Bill Handles show on demand on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: I know, is he back? And do you come back tomorrow? Today's a Disneyland Day.
Speaker 1: By the way, I just want to point out how important this show is to Neil Disneyland.
Speaker 3: It's the last day he could take his son to Disneyland before school starts again.
Speaker 4: Eh.
Speaker 3: I think it's a sweet dad thing to do.
Speaker 2: This is why my kids hate me. I just want to point that out. And now handle on the news. Ladies and gentlemen, here's Bill Handle.
Speaker 1: And good morning Friday. You bet it's a Friday.
Speaker 2: Foody Friday. Everybody likes Friday. And so we started the show. First of all, welcome back Neil, who took the day off yesterday for a Disneyland day. Neil, good morning, And how was Disneyland, Hey, Willie Wolf. It was great.
Speaker 4: It was great. We spent two days there and we stayed. I stayed off campus for the first time.
Speaker 5: We normally stay at a Disneyland hotel, but we stayed at Hojo at Howard Johnson's right there, right by the park, and it was wonderful.
Speaker 4: They do a great job there.
Speaker 5: Really wonderful people, great hospitality, wonderful rooms, a little play area.
Speaker 2: And a fifth price of one of the Disney hotels.
Speaker 5: Well, listen, the Disneyland Hotels are the Disneyland Hotels. It's a whole different experience. But we did a lot of the stuff there, went to Goofy's Kitchen, which is great. It's a buffet. You're gonna love that, and it was great fun. The Rise of the Resistance is still one of the best rides I've ever been on in my entire life.
Speaker 4: It's just phenomenal, fantastic.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Okay, that's the Star Wars part of the park.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, but it's just the tech technology is insane and you've got to D twenty three going on right now, so there was a lot of excitement and different things going on.
Speaker 4: It just it's just fun. Even though I have them been in New.
Speaker 1: Zeyland in years and years, and I should go, so I can at least go ahead, Amy.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're doing a Villain Night pretty soon.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well that's perfect, that's perfe And by the way, how about those motels across the street on Harbor Boulevard, which is one of the reasons that when disney World was put together.
Speaker 1: Walt Disney made damn sure that he bought all of Orlando, every bit of swamp lay and twenty seven thousand or thirty thousand acres. There were going to be no motels across the street on Harbor Boulevard at Disney World.
Speaker 2: You know what, though, that really kissed them off too, that all these cheesy motels open right up across the street.
Speaker 3: But they they're not cheesy anymore though they've really had them. They're really nice, not at all.
Speaker 5: I'm with Amy. They everything is kept up.
Speaker 4: As a matter of fact.
Speaker 5: The the I hop that, you know, all the restaurants around there are are open, they're clean, they've got you know, nice people working there with everything, and they're open late.
Speaker 4: It was the first time we kind of veered.
Speaker 5: Out a little bit, uh from being on on the the resort just because things are busy right now.
Speaker 2: And it was okay, all right, you've talked me into it.
Speaker 1: I'm now going to try to make some arrangements to get into Disneyland and somehow not pay one hundred and fifty dollars per head.
Speaker 2: I'll figure that out somehow.
Speaker 4: Amy, and I should take you.
Speaker 5: Yes, if we can infuse you with the Disney joy, you.
Speaker 2: Infuse me with joy.
Speaker 1: By the way, do you know the fact that I hop is no longer the International Hound House of Pancakes?
Speaker 2: You know what what happened?
Speaker 1: You know, Kentucky Fried Chicken is no longer Kentucky Fried Chicken. It's now KFC except in Hunan, China, where it's Kentucky Fried Bats. And there's a whole issue there about you know how COVID started.
Speaker 2: But you know Federal Express.
Speaker 1: Oh, you know, we should do it. We should do a topic on that. But anyway, all right, welcome back, Neil. Did I already digress? By the way, I'm getting Instagram posts because I've been asking for them based on the podcast, especially if you hate my show. I'm getting a lot of that, a lot of bill you don't know. Not only I don't know what I'm talking about, that's sort of a given.
Speaker 2: But how I.
Speaker 1: Stutter, How I'm groping for words, How my vocabulary has gone down in the toilet?
Speaker 2: How I digress from topic to topic? Where was I?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, okay, Neil, Hello and hello, good morning Amy.
Speaker 2: We've been talking cono. Good morning, good morning. Okay, Now, Cono. Have you been to Disneyland.
Speaker 3: I have been to Disneyland, Bill, Yes.
Speaker 2: And how long has it been since you've been to Disneyland.
Speaker 4: Well, my wife is kind of like a Neil and an Amy, so I've been way more times than I want to go.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't want to go anymore.
Speaker 1: Okay, do you know when disney opened? Do you know when Disney opened the park in nineteen fifty five? How much it was to get in? Do you have any idea for an adult?
Speaker 4: Three bucks?
Speaker 2: One dollar, one dollar?
Speaker 4: Wow? My parents went on a date there in fifty six.
Speaker 2: Oh, just had opened a year after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, although it was very different park in those days. She compared the prices. I mean, the rides were pretty minimal. My favorite ride was the Flying Saucer ride.
Speaker 2: They were like.
Speaker 1: Hovercrafts, individual ones. It was like bumper cars, except it was on compressed there and you would sit in and breaking down every three minutes.
Speaker 2: A great ride.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, let's do it. The A team is back, and you know, for someone does go to Disneyland.
Speaker 2: I know a lot about Disneyland, you know that I've read.
Speaker 4: I got one for you.
Speaker 5: Okay, what is what is Minnie mouse's actual name, because Minnie is a uh it's a nickname.
Speaker 2: Right, Murgatroyd.
Speaker 4: No, anybody.
Speaker 3: Where's nicked him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's okay. So what was Mickey's with that?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Lillian Disney, Walt's wife came up with that was uh Mortgatroid.
Speaker 4: Oh god, Morton.
Speaker 2: Mortimer, that's the mouse, Notimer. All right, guys, let's do it.
Speaker 1: We have lots because we can play all kinds of And thank you for knowing that, by the way, Amy, Uh, it was pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: Thank you, You're welcome. All right, let's do it, guys.
Speaker 1: A lot going on today on a Friday, to say the least, time for handle on the news, Amy King, Neil and moa lead story. Okay, bates between Donald Trump and Kamala Harris. They're going They're set to the first one. If there are going to be more, it looks like there are going to be three. Donald Trump has come back and said, yeah, i'll debate you. I want three of them, and I don't know if Kamala Harris has in fact committed to three.
Speaker 2: The original one was supposed to be on ABC.
Speaker 1: Trump bailed out after Kamala Harris got the nomination and said I'll do it, but I'll only do it on Fox in front of an audience, and Kamala Harris said, no, thank you to that one. I agree with her that presidential debate should have no audience at all. They should not have the whooping and the cheering because the moderators have no control over the audience, they won't throw people out. If I were a moderator, I would turn to the audience and say, I want no applause, I want no hooting, and if the first one does is tossed out of here, and a few people being tossed would do it. But it looks like there are well there's gonna be some debates. And Donald Trump said we need debates, we should have debates, and he's absolutely right about that.
Speaker 5: I love how he goes. I will debate you at one of my events with my audience.
Speaker 1: No, he dropped that one. No, he dropped that one pretty quickly. He dropped that pretty quick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it seemed like okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, a Fox audience where you have to be a registered Democrat and you have to be wearing a Maga hat in order to get in. Yeah, No, that's no, it's going to be a debate. ABC is going to have one, I think NBC is going to have one. Fox is probably going to have one. And I think the issue is and I have no problem with even even Fox with their moderators. I think they would be pretty even handed. It's the audience, man, It is the audience that you know, just screws it up completely.
Speaker 3: And it'd be interesting to see if they turn off microphones again.
Speaker 1: I love that turning off the microphones business. I mean mid sentence would I would do that and just have someone babble babble babble, although it's uh, you know, both sides and I'm and I'm going to argue this and even people that are pro Trump have to agree with me. Trump, let's say, stretches the facts more than Kamala Harris would stretch the facts in terms of accusations and in terms of just statements of fact, She or any other candidate wouldn't be able to turn around, go that's wrong, you're wrong, can't do it, can't do it, Just boom, here's your piece.
Speaker 2: There's that piece.
Speaker 1: And it's up to the audience to determine. The studio, not the studio, the television audience. So anyway they should use you.
Speaker 4: They should do like red.
Speaker 5: Paintballs, and they'll have the fact checkers up in the Yeah, you know, I don't red paint balls if it's not correct, and then at the end we'll see who's got more red spots.
Speaker 2: That would be funny.
Speaker 1: Actually, I love the idea of fact checkers who are working there, and then at the bottom the crawl that goes across, you know, like the headlines that you see on CNN where you have one of two things right, wrong, exaggeration right, just one word wrong and then maybe a fact exaggeration spin because it's impossible just to be upfront and say exactly what a fact is.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do some some more plenty more of handle on the news.
Speaker 3: On this Friday morning, a third person's been arrested in that failed terror plot at a Taylor Swift show in Vienna, Austria. Belise have now questioned the three teenagers. One of them arrested Wednesday morning, said he planned to kill himself and a large number of people he's seen in pictures with these nasty, big huge nessette machetes with serrated edges, and you know, said he wanted to stab as many people to death as he could.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't you find it kind of interesting?
Speaker 1: I mean these are three run of the mill potential terrorist teenagers can become radical eyed and plan on this stuff.
Speaker 2: And I mean, it wasn't gonna.
Speaker 1: Go any place, and if it was, there'd be some people hurt, a few. But that's more important because it's a Taylor Swift concert. That's more important the fact that World War three is about to break out in the Middle East.
Speaker 5: Just saying, wait, is Taylor Swift gonna be singing at World War three when it breaks out?
Speaker 1: She is, and she's going to do both the national anthem of both the United States and Iran, which I don't.
Speaker 5: Get kids interested in international affairs. Hey, you guys should just shake it up.
Speaker 2: Shake it up?
Speaker 4: No, no, yeah.
Speaker 3: Got bad blood.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So, the average rate on a thirty year mortgage fell this week to its lowest level in more than a year. And of course this is making people go, hey, you know, maybe we can refinance.
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, because if you're still thinking three percent money.
Speaker 2: If you're still thinking three percent.
Speaker 4: Money, little bit helps.
Speaker 5: And if you had one of those higher rate loans, there's nothing like you know, that's what we did.
Speaker 4: We just kept refinancing as.
Speaker 2: A way I understand.
Speaker 1: But the difference between six point seven for example, and six point four to seven, I mean, yeah, it's twenty bucks, thirty bucks, forty dollars a month on a normal mortgage.
Speaker 2: Not very much.
Speaker 1: The point I'm making until it gets into probably the fives, which I don't know if it's ever going to do again. It's this is going to be a huge issue for the presidential because one thing that Trump is going to say is, hey, when I was president, it was three percent money. Democrats going to have a hard time arguing that that's absolutely true. And so now on the other hand, Kamala Harri is going to say the same thing. It was three percent money for us, but it became seven percent money on her administration's call, or not a call, her administration's tenure. So I look at everything to the presidential That's what I'm That's where my head is at.
Speaker 2: What does this have to.
Speaker 1: Do with the presidential And we're going to do a story later on about hagendas too. I just want to point out that that has huge influence on the presidential election.
Speaker 2: I just made that up. Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 3: The US is doing some saber rattling of its own, apparently warning Iran that if they carry out that retaliatory attack that they're threatening on Israel for the killings of a senior Hamas leader in Tehran, it would pose a serious risk to around Aroan's economy and its government, and would likely escalate the conflict between Israel and Amas into a regional war.
Speaker 2: Now, let's look at what the United States did not say.
Speaker 1: Any military attack, did not talk about military aid to Israel, which of course.
Speaker 2: Is going to happen. I mean, that's given talked about.
Speaker 1: Financial aspects of this, uh talking about Iran's economy, which is already in the toilet. Basically, I don't know how much further they could go in terms of sanctions. Maybe, but most of the world does not deal with Iran because of the US influence on most of the world saying you cannot deal with Iran.
Speaker 2: So we'll see what happens there.
Speaker 1: And Iran has promised a direct military attack on Israel the country, not through its proxies, but I mean Iran attacking Israel, and they're holding back and waiting for that to happen. Also, the proxies has Belah the houtis. I mean, this is pretty close. It's pretty close at this point. So it's in Iran's right now, it's in Iran's you know, Iran's holding the cars as to which way this is going to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's up to the.
Speaker 4: They're making everybody wait. That's part of the punishment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well part of the punishment and just part of what they're going to do.
Speaker 1: They may have already decided, we don't. The Iatola has said a lot of things and none of.
Speaker 2: It has come to fruition. There's a lot of saber rattling over there.
Speaker 5: Speaking of which security cabinet convenes as Israel, Warrens has the law of destruction if it attacks. The coolest thing about this, though, is the meeting took place in a in something they called the pit. We need one of those. It's an underground command room and that's what they call it, but not.
Speaker 2: Us has one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just think it's cool to have, Like, I think the show should have one. I think whenever we should have got it, I want us to be able to do that. When Anne pulls a meeting together of the show I think it should be done in a place called the pit that's underground. But and this wasn't because they felt like there was going to be some immediate security concern, but as part of the drill potential emergency situations where they start doing the meetings in.
Speaker 1: This Now I had mentioned I had mentioned saber rattling a couple of minutes ago. When Israel says, UH that we are going to uh give you utter destruction. This is to southern Lebanon, Hezbollah, that's not saber rattling.
Speaker 2: That's a fact.
Speaker 1: Hesbelah attacks and Israel now decimates southern Lebanon. They did before, and they'll do it again and it'll become a parking lot.
Speaker 5: I would be hesbel So what would be would be the reason to to do that? You can try and save faith for Yeah, it's.
Speaker 1: Like because you've got you've got political forces, governmental forces uh in the Middle East who soul function is to destroy Israel far more than governing for example, Hamas. The destruction of Israel is far more important than governing of Gaza.
Speaker 2: That's it that simple. It's part and partial.
Speaker 1: It's their constitution where we believe in right to vote and all of the things that are absolutely premiere in terms of our way of life, what we believe in. They believe to the same level. The destruction of Israel must occur. The problem is, you know, Israel doesn't take it lying down. I mean, Israel says, okay, you know, we'll go back, and they will. Do you think anybody in Gaza do you think that they talk to each other. We're never going to hear about it, but you got Let's say you have a family that's in Gaza and they're living in a tent and they've had to move five times because their property, their home has been completely destroyed, and there's no hospital to go to, and the kids can't.
Speaker 2: Go to school because there are no schools.
Speaker 1: Do you think they ever turned to each other and say, hey, maybe this one didn't work out as well as we thought.
Speaker 2: I don't know the answer to that, but my guess it's this problem happening.
Speaker 1: Maybe that attack on Israel October seventh was maybe that wasn't such.
Speaker 2: A great idea. You'll never hear that, by the way, coming out of Gaza.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, they could actually be getting closer to a deal this time. Of course, we've heard this before. But the leaders of the US Guitar in Egypt say they may present what they called a final bridging proposal next week that will hopefully lead to a ceasefire and return of hostages between Israel and Hamas.
Speaker 2: By the guests, no, hopefully, yes.
Speaker 4: All right, So Debbie didn't do Dallas.
Speaker 5: And Debbie is now weakened to a post tropical cyclone today this morning, but is still threatening to whip up.
Speaker 4: Flooding rains, damaging winds.
Speaker 5: Of course, tornadoes quickly moves north through the mid Atlantic and northeast.
Speaker 1: Well, it is getting moving a little quicker. But one of the horrific things about Debbie is that it was so slow moving. And when they are slow moving, they just these storms just park over an area and the rain doesn't stop. It just goes and goes and goes. This is why we got twenty four inches of rain in parts of the Carolinas.
Speaker 2: Oh, great lawsuit.
Speaker 3: Now ice cream, you scream. This guy screamed when he jumped into a giant pool of sprinkles. So the guy goes to the Museum of ice Cream in New York City. Who knew there was one, right, and he jumped into basically it's like the ball pits and broke his ankle. And he said that the museum was negligent for not warning visitors that it is unsafe to jump into a sprinkle pool.
Speaker 1: It could be depending on how deep those balls are and if I'm assuming that he hit the ground underneath it, and as well as reasonable. But these lawsuits are terrific, severe and permanent personal injuries. Now, personal injury lawsuits are always fine. You know why because insert name of injury here.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: You've been rear ended, Okay, you have soft tissue injury. Right, your neck is sore and it's gonna take you tile and all and all that. The lawsuit reads permanent injuries, hysterical loss of sleep for the rest of your life. Every time, for example, he sees sprinkles in the supermarket, that little container of sprinkles in the baking department, he goes into hysterics, hits the ground, frothing, goes into a Grandmall seizure. And those are the those are the arguments that are used all the time. I love these lawsuits. And of course they're gonna settle. They're gonna settle for two hundred dollars what.
Speaker 5: Isn't that an expectation that if you've jump into anything there can be an issue.
Speaker 1: No, No, if you're drunk, No, if you're diving into one of those ball pits.
Speaker 2: You know this kid centers. No, I don't think so. I think you can expect not to hit the bottom.
Speaker 4: Really.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know he broke his leg. Okay, got it? You know now what, boy, that's where four and a half million dollars, isn't it.
Speaker 2: That's all my point, that's.
Speaker 4: My big baby. Yeah, all right, erythritol.
Speaker 5: So consuming a drink with this this is part of the artificial sweetener you know, stevia. This is used to add bulk to stevia and among fruit and other sweeteners in low carb keto products. But it more than doubled the wrist. And this new pilot study of blood clotting in ten healthy people, and you know, blood clots they break off, they cause problems, They travel to the heart, can trigger a heart attack, or go to the brain trigger a stroke. So this is a study that is of interest to people that are eating keto and having these sweeteners.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Now with stivia or stevia, it's all natural. There's nothing that's fake about it. I even think that the arethatrol or the re third trawl tall is a natural product, because that's.
Speaker 2: What Stevie and those other people, you know, that's what the companies use. Case in point.
Speaker 1: Now I'm making my point. This is why I use splenda.
Speaker 2: That health stuff will kill you every single time.
Speaker 1: You stay away from that healthy crap and you go to the splendors, the petroleum byproducts, you go to the nitrates in deli meats, unless you buy boar's head and you get to die of.
Speaker 2: Listeria there is.
Speaker 1: It's just proves my point always always health kills.
Speaker 4: You heard it here?
Speaker 3: Got a beamer?
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 3: Might have to bring it back so you won't because you have a newer one. Right, There are apparently issues with the starter motor on fourteen different model of Beamers between twenty nineteen and twenty twenty year twenty twenty one model years. It's about one hundred thousand of them. And the starter motor problem can prevent the car from starting, which causes an electrical overload, and that can lead to overheating which may catch other engine components on fire.
Speaker 2: All right, so you have a car that burns out all right, because it could be worse.
Speaker 3: Little chain reaction going, so one hundred thousand beamers are getting called back.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 5: If you are in tran in Colorado, Kansas, and New Mexico, Translas are going to be trying to hump right now. Even though Transuli sees humping season in Texas is finished now, Transla humping season starts in Colorado, Kansas, New Mexico. Let them do it. They're too big to get into your house and leave them alone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're actually people have thems pets because they're pretty cool. They're pretty benign. I mean, they just they're pretty scary. I mean, you can they're as big as your hand. I mean they can be really big. They can be as big as a small dinner plate. Uh.
Speaker 5: And they have these little like hairs that they release when they get scared that are kind of like fiberglass.
Speaker 4: They go into your hands and into the air and stuff.
Speaker 1: So but unless you make unless you make that movement, you know, people haven't crawl over their arms and their heads and they I've had.
Speaker 4: Them crawl on me before.
Speaker 1: I mean, i mean it's a little it's you know, it's a little spooky. But yeah, tarantulas are great. It's those little tiny uh, the black widow ones that are just tiny.
Speaker 2: They bite you and you're dead in ten minutes. Those you have to worry about.
Speaker 4: A broad reck loose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Uh, Team USA, they actually had uh to like some severe competition. They've been winning at the Olympics in the on the basketball court, led by Lebron James and other superstars. They've been winning, you know, by like twenty thirty points. They had to fight back from a seventeen point deaf sit yesterday, but they did it, and they beat Serbia and they advanced to the gold medal game at the Olympics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're gonna I don't know who they're going to play. What is it coming up Sunday?
Speaker 1: But a quick point, how can a country like Serbia compete and do a good job competing against America with the Lebron James and the curries on their.
Speaker 3: Side because they have NBA That is.
Speaker 1: Absolutely correct, because they have their own NBA players who then play for their countries.
Speaker 2: That's how it works.
Speaker 3: I didn't know you knew the answer, Bill, I thought you were asking the club.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that was rhetorical. Gotcha and and I did know the answer. Yes, because people tend to go to their country's birth or nationality, or their great great grandparents came from there, so they go ahead and go to those countries and play.
Speaker 2: This makes kind of fun. All right, guys, we're done.
Speaker 1: KFI AM six forty live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. You've been listening to the Bill Handle Show, Catch My Show Monday through Friday six am to nine am, and an on demand on the iHeartRadio app.