Speaker 1: Jen and nine first morning with a forecast it's going to be cloudy morning and a sunny well sunny skuys later today. At some point they don't say when forty four will be the high, predicting the overnight low of thirty one tomorrow, wintery mix in the morning, rain in the afternoon, both possible fifty one for the high, end of thirty five overnight with clouds and a party thirty Saturday by a forty eight, and of course the clocks change over Saturday night spring forward thirty four degrees. Right now, it's time for a traffic update.
Speaker 2: From the UCF Traffic Center. When it comes to multiple sclerosis. Trust the experts at the u SEE Gardner Neuroscience Institute for Innovative and Comprehensive Care. Learn more at u SEE health dot com. Southbound seventy five continues slow through Lachlan Better out of downtown through the cut the earlier accident gone left lanes open. Northbound fourth seventy one facts past Grand Northbound two seventy five slows a bit with what's left of the wreck before twenty eight in Milford, they're on the right shoulder Chuck Ingram on fifty five here see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Hey thirty if at five KRCD talk station. It being Thursday, it's that time of week. I always look forward to it. Get to talk with iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay Rattlift Jay, Welcome back to the Morning show, my dear friend. It's always a pleasure to have you on the program.
Speaker 3: Seems like it's been for other brother it is.
Speaker 1: Well. You know, I did take a day off last week, went to lunch with my mom. I was supposed to get my eyeball surgery for glaucoma don but I had to put it off because the other eye, which had been done the prior week, still hadn't healed up enough that I could use it to read that I didn't want to. I can't do my show if I can't read, so anywhow there'd be another delay at some point or another day off. But removing away from that, I just before we get to the subject matage, you know, I start you a curveball. See if you're still on your toes. What in the hell is it with Boeing not being able to deliver on the Air Force one. It's taken them years and years. How long does it take to build a damn airplane. Jay, Well, it takes a while.
Speaker 3: I remember they years ago, they had issues with parts, they issue with production, They had COVID that slowed him down. But look, remember President Trump negotiated a deal with Boeing for not one, but two new seven forty sevens, and he locked it in at a price. And I forget the exact price. I won't quote it because I don't like getting emails like that, but the price that he had him nail them in, they went by that years ago. I mean, they are so far over a budget and it's not costing the US sax payer a dollar past what President Trump and then negotiated during his first administration. So anything with Boeing tends to be delayed, you know, it just they've just got this reputation right now that you know, everything has been slowed down. And of course I'm really hoping that the Trump administration remains as vigilant as as we had with the Biden administration trying to keep Boeing accountable. Boweing lied to US five six years ago coming out of the Boeing Max crashes, saying that they learned their lessons they were going to return to the boweing and all of these shortcuts were going to be a thing of the past. Well we found out that wasn't the case. They lied to us. In fact, if anything, that got worse at it, and which tells me anything they say now, I could care less. It's a lot like the politicians in DC on both sides of the aisle. They're talking. I'm not listening because I don't believe anything they're saying. So I believe the results. After we've seen bowing over the next few years and not having a serious recall or twenty six more whistleblowers coming forward saying you're not gonna believe what we're doing now because those things have just continued to happen at an alarming pace.
Speaker 1: Well, any prudent business person would know the longer you delay, the more likely it's going to go up in price. We always have inflation every year, even if it's kept to like two or three percent. But they had this project, they knew what they were going to get for it, and I mean this is a reflection of the poor performance generally speaking. They're now going to lose a lot of money delivering on something that was ordered such a long time ago, everything's gone up in price. That that's a risk they ran when they entered into the agreement.
Speaker 3: I think at this point in time it's almost double what we all like.
Speaker 1: God, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: So when you look at that, it's but again it's it's reflective. I think of what the Boeing the leadership has been over the years. I'm holding off on any conclusions of the new CEO.
Speaker 1: I like him a lot.
Speaker 3: I like his past management style, but a lot of times, when you get involved in something that's this deep, sometimes it can impact you. It was the same concern that we had to a much greater extent when Donald Trump was elected the first time. Going into Washington, d C. We liked the businessman and we thought, oh my gosh when he was elected last time, is Washington going to change him? Or is he going to change Washington? And he went in and stuck to his guns and did exactly what he said he was going to do. And that's really what I'd like to see the new CEO for Boeing do come in there and say, look, we've had issues in the past, we're changing those, We're changing the mindset. I know that Sean Duffy and others are going in and conducting some intensive inspections, the FA inspections, the unannounced ones, which were always a pain in the butt anytime they showed up unannounced at any airport that I was in charge of. Slows things down considerably. But they said they're going to continue to, you know, increase the number of unannounced inspections and look for violations. And I just really hope they're going to hold Boeing accountable in a way that is punitive, because at this point, every single thing they've done has been met with I think kid gloves from fines and different Nobody went to jail when Boeing intentionally put forward a product that resulted in the deaths of hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of people, knowingly putting forth a product, yeah, they knew had serious issues, and they get a fine. I mean, somebody tell me what the incentive is to change your future behavior when that's it. In this latest round, when they agreed to the latest thing, they accepted the responsibility, but there was no criminal charges. They wouldn't let it go to trial because they knew what was going to happen, not only with the outcome, but with all of the things that were going to come out in the trial with regards to the shortcuts that Boeing was taken. Bowey's a great company. They have been, they are not now. They need to get back to the Boeing of old and I really pray they get there soon.
Speaker 1: It's like, get your blood pressure up a little bit. Jay rattleft those curve balls.
Speaker 3: You mentioned that B word. It happens every time.
Speaker 1: Brother. I know it. I know it, and I know you're like.
Speaker 3: Joe and you say watch this, yeah, and then yeah, that's when you throw it out.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it'll have fun at my expense.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'll enjoy the banter. Jay Ratt left getting help, help you get it out of your system and remind people of the problem that exists in Boeing. Stick around. We got more to talk about with Jay raytlift to come out. Shot. I love that one. Don't away, folks, We'll be right back. Fifty five KRC do you have more than ten thousand dollars in credit? Hey? Thirty nine fifty five KRC talk station during our ABA segment with I heard media aviation. Next word, Jay Ratt love every Thursday and every Thursday try to throw a bit of a curve ball real quick. I got to ask you ever had S S S S on your boarding pass? Jay rattleft Really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I can't get into the specifics of how that's triggered, but I can tell you when you see it, you hope you're early because you're going to get some real good attention at the TSA. They're going to make sure you don't have anything you're not supposed to have.
Speaker 1: No kidding is that it's a random thing that you can just sort of sort of arbitrarily just stamp it on your boarding pass because you travel a fair amount, I would argue I do.
Speaker 3: But a lot of times if you buy your ticket the last minute, one way with cash, yeah, we're going to get attention without saying too much, and I probably just did.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: Little flags are gonna go up, and you're gonna get a lot of extra attention.
Speaker 1: Okay, So it'll pay for your ticket and cash, well.
Speaker 3: You know, and that's that's one of the things that look at because you know, it's like when you mail a package and use a credit card. Uh, it can be a certain weight if you pay with cash, Uh, it can't be over a certain weight because they have no way of tracking who sent it. Oh wow, you run into that a lot of times with the stamps that you'll get out of the machines and things. But you know it's with an airline ticket. You buy something last way, one way, it's it's going to raise some flags. You raise in the form of payment can dictate the level of screening that you're going to get. And it's it's a good thing because if somebody makes the last second reservation, it could be for a very good reason, but it could also be for other reasons where you're starting to you know, not be detected on things. And believe me, you're you're not going to get away with it with our friends at the TSA SO.
Speaker 1: S S S S on your boarding past, be prepared for the body cavity search.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't blame Trump thinking it's some hitler thing. It is not. It's been there for a.
Speaker 1: Wh No fan of the global warming religion, am I we go to misterday where apparently they have a solar panel problem.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. The Skippel Airport in Amsterdam has been one that for a number of years has been climate change central in Europe. In fact, it was a couple of years ago, Brian they indicated that to reduce the global footprint of commercial airlines, they were going to reduce the flight activity by like ten percent. Now, this is a very popular airport in Europe. In fact, it's one of the I don't want to call it a low cost airport, but it is. It's certainly a low cost alternative for a lot of people to fly into London and many times you'll have people going into Amsterdam and then going to other countries by rail because it's a cheap airport to get in and out of. The more that they reduce the flight activity in and out of skippele they're in Amsterdam, the more that the average airfare is going.
Speaker 1: To go up and up and up.
Speaker 3: Well, they decided a number of years ago to install as many solar panels as they could in order to be you know, climate climate friendly. The problem is some of these solar panels are located with in an area at the airport grounds in nearby, and so many of them that as certain airplanes come in on a specific runway at a specific time of day, it blinds the pilots they can't see Oh jeez, So what they have to do is to close that airport runway that's specific runway at certain times during the day. Because of this, and of course it begs the question, but it's easy to answer, would not have someone maybe.
Speaker 1: Thought about that?
Speaker 3: But the problem is that it's designed by non pilots. Anytime that you know, each trade who's my broker of choice tries to upgrade the trading platform, it always seems to be done by people who've never traded a stock in their life, because instead of making things easier, they make it harder. And in this situation, I think it's the same thing. Yet a bunch of engineers who said, hey, our goal is to do this, let's do it without any regard whatsoever of what might you know the impact might be on commercial aviation coming in and out, and I mean it just blinds the pilot. But given the fact that the Skippel Airport has seen a reduced number of flights, it's probably less of an issue now than it could have been. But I mean in Europe, I think it was France a couple of years ago that made it a law that you could not have air service between two cities within France if you could get from one spot to the other by rail two hours or less, because again, airlines are bad, even though it's single digit numbers, and the aviation world is trying to get carbon free neutral by twenty fifty, which is never going to happen. But it's really a nice little you know, it sounds really good. But look, commercial aviation engines keep getting better, they keep getting cleaner. The aviation fuel that we're trying to develop, sustainable aviation fuel SAS is something that is based on oils, vegetables, those kinds of things, and those are things that as they're produced, is just going to make aviation even even nicer. I wish other industries were as dedicated as the airline industry was to trying to make things clearer.
Speaker 1: Well as a global industry, I suppose, and many of them do you know, go overseas. They have to do global compliance, which means you want to fly in the airpe Union, you're gonna have to cut down your carbon output.
Speaker 3: So oh yeah, you have certain engines that are of a certain age and they're maintained in a certain way, and I have no problem at all with that. It's some of these things are just a little bit over the top, like you know, but you know, what, what is it that people the countries turn to the minute that there's some sort of a natural disaster. They look for the airline industry to come in with, you know, a number of flights, bringing in supplies and the specific experience personnel to address the issues that are ongoing. It's the airlines that come to the rescue. And yet so many times are made out to be the bad guys. And yeah, I take incredible exception with that.
Speaker 1: Well, it's a convenient target since you know, a lot of the people can't afford necessary to fly on airplanes, and so it seems to be sort of the elitist form of transportation in the mind of so many people. So it's an easy target to go after anyhow. Well, and in terms of talk about.
Speaker 3: It's cheaper now, the fly brine is than it has been in the history of aviation. So I don't think we're the bad guys. I think the private jet people are the bad guys. But thank you, Yes, so you talk about enough about that, I don't have to comment.
Speaker 1: There you go, and I just observe, you know, they should have done a little advanced planning, like you said, with the solar panels blinding pilots, as if you couldn't see that a mile away. Hey, they built a Fukushima nuclear plant in its tsunami zone, so there's that as well.
Speaker 2: What could go wrong?
Speaker 1: No, nothing here, No consult a lot of experts before finally putting the project to final completion. We're gonna bring j back for one more UH and a hub delay update. We've got problems with Canada as a result of terriffs. Here about that in a second, hang on, we'll be right back. Fifty five KRC get rid one more. Time for the nine first morning with the forecast fouts in the morning, sunny skies later today at some point fourty four for the high overnight low of thirty one tomorrow is going to be a media wintry mixed segue into some rain tomorrow. Fifty one for the high down to thirty five overnight with clouds at a partly cloudy Saturday high of forty eight closing out at thirty four degrees. Time for that final traffic update. Chuck Ingram, but you.
Speaker 2: See up tramp takes center when it comes to multiple sclerosis. Trusts the experts at the UC Gardner Neuroscience Institute for Innovatives and Comprehensive Care. Learn more at UCHealth dot com. Southbound seventy five break lights continue in and out of Lachlan just under a ten minute delay. Northbound seventy five getting better under a five minute delay now from before, buttermilk into the cut northbound fourth seventy one, also improving between Brand and downtown. Chuck Ingram on fifty five kre see the talk station.
Speaker 1: Eight forty eight colored eighty forty nine fifty five KRECD talk station Bright Towns with iHeart Media aviation expert Jay Ratliffe, Well Teriff have consequences and sometimes companies do well childish things. This is segue over to it's a line called Flair.
Speaker 3: Yes, Flair, it's a Canadian company. When look, I think they've got twenty whole jets, so of course we haven't heard of them twenty.
Speaker 1: So what's the deal with Flair?
Speaker 3: They're having fun and I don't have a problem with this, But they have a fair sale that's going on. It's they're calling it a tariff sale. In other words, we will give you a discount. Besides, well, I think it's like twenty five percent off their low fares and they've been flying around in Canada for like twenty years and they have thirty four to thirty five destinations and they said, we will give you a discounts tariff discount to fly to any destination other than the United State. It's kind of they're pushed back on the tariffs. And they also say, Brian for added good measure. Nobody's gonna trump their deals because it's a good deal. So their Spirit Airlines has many times taken the headlines of the day and created I mean they once had a wiener sale because of some politician that was in the northeast. It was having fun. So I mean, I never have a problem with the marketing department having a little fun with you know, with the headlines. And that's what they're doing. And you know, if they want to have you know, have this alone, that's great. And like I said, it's not going to impact a whole lot of people. Yeah, I know that the political ping pong has been going back and forth on the tariffs and a lot of the publicity has caused a decrease in the demand for travel for people flying from Canada into the United States. And I know that there have been some Canadian airlines that have reduced their flight schedule as a result. It's been minor, but it's been measurable. So yeah, Flair is, you know, having some fun here. And you know they're based out of Toronto, so you can fly up there Air Canada, connect to Flair and go from there. But yeah, that it was fun to talk about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's free publicity for Flair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for all their twenty airplanes that were like some of these major carriers we have in the United States have like over nine hundred. If you need to add a little perspective to this conversation.
Speaker 1: And you know, I did an article. I didn't realize they had a name. Just sort of moving away from that subject matter, dude, another one that I had on my shortlist to talk with you about before we get the hub delays, Jay, I didn't realize there was a name for them. But those people, those pesky people who don't board when they're assigned boarding is announced, They're called gay Life, A life.
Speaker 3: That now we may not use the overhead airport PA two to announce them, but these are people that are in maybe boarding zone nine and they try to board boarding zone five, right kind of pressure their way past the gate agent, and American Airlines has spent a ton of money developing a system that, Yeah, if somebody in Zone nine tries to board with Zone five, some loud alarm goes off to not only embarrass them, but notify all. Excuse me, we have somebody here who feels like they're more important everybody else, trying to cut in front of everybody. They're trying to embarrass these individuals. But look, the problem is those people can delay a flight yep, and if you have enough of them, you can cause the flight to be dispatched in. American Airlines is saying, look, late flights cost us a.
Speaker 1: Lot of money.
Speaker 3: We want to be a more reliable airline. We need people to board when they're supposed to. And if you've got a ticket that's so cheap that you board last, guess what you're going to board last. Don't put your butt up there sooner to try to board earlier than you're supposed to, because we're going to embarrass you. Now, I love the attempt, but knowing these kinds of people, because of the decades I worked at the airport, Brian, you know it's not going to mean a thing to them at all. I don't know what we could ever do to embarrass them, but I promise you some alarm with people looking at them, people they'll never see again. They don't care what people think of them. They're going to try to do it anyways.
Speaker 1: That's so fu gate Lice. I just got the biggest kick out of that. Again, didn't know that term existed, all right, looks like.
Speaker 3: It's an official airlines JERM these days, believe it or not.
Speaker 1: That's great. Well, I can anticipate that your hub delay will include flight disruptions in Minneapolis, Saint Paul having.
Speaker 3: Some issues there, also Boston's Salt Lake in LA when related weather related having all kinds of fun out there pretty much from one end of the country to the next. But you know, other than those kind of bookends, Boston, LA got Salt Lake in there, as well as Minneapolish. The rest of the country is in pretty good shape, especially if you're going to be headed south. The problem is if your airplane from Cincinnati to say, Florida, which would be a great place to go today, is being routed through Minneapolis, you might see a delay. That's why if you go to flight aware dot com. You actually put in your flight number to see you know when it's being tracked. You can actually track the inbound flight using that free app and see where your inbound airplane is located and see if your outbound flight's going to be on time. Flight aware dot com.
Speaker 1: Flight aware dot com always helpful information and funny information occasionally from Jay Ratliff. Jay, we'll talk again next Thursday. Good look and congratulations on the exceptional trading week you've had. He always said to you, not weeke.
Speaker 3: I'm up one hundred and forty three percent for six months.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Daytrade fun dot read. Thanks for reading. I appreciate that. I love read. I'm so happy. I'm proud of you and what you're able to accomplish on your own, just for a few hours of work. Every day, you meet more than most people make during a week. Jay Ratlins brother, that's my passion. Daytrade fund dot com right free plug. Check it out, Jay Rathve, we'll talk next Thursday. Best I have a great week and better le best luck to your better half, or good luck and love to your better half. I should say it's a fifty four folks, fifty five krs detalk station Meryl, Canada. Corey Bowman got a campaign kickoff event taking place on March six. Talk to him. Get the podcast at fifty five cars dot com. Marketing on your calendar bad Tom Smith Brewing on fifty nine hundred Madison Road next Thursday, March sixth five point thirty to seven thirty. So an event worth attending is that tomorrow? That's actually today, isn't it, Joe? If I lost track of time, I have it's tonight. Where did the month of February go? I'm I don't know what planning I'm on anyway, Podcast and information at you five krs dot com. Domin O'Neil Donovan Neil Americans for Prosperity. All you gotta do is one small step, take one little effort to advance the agenda here in the state of Ohio for all of our benefits. The information again blog page fifty five krs dot com. It doesn't take much. Just in volume, we can truly make a difference. Mary Greybor with her book Debunking FDR. You can easily get a copy of that right there fifty five krs dot com and encourage you get your iHeartMedia app while you're there as well. Tune in tomorrow. Ts Streker's gonna be out. That's okay, Joe, I wish you well on that, and Tech Friday with Dave Hatter will be on regardless. Joe, thanks for all that you do producing the program, my friend. I'll miss having you on in the booth tomorrow. Folks, have a wonderful day, and don't go WAKELN becks coming right up. News happens fast, stay up to date. At the top of the hour.
Speaker 3: You're moving very quickly at fifty.
Speaker 1: Five KRC, the talk station.
Speaker 2: This report is sponsored by the Music Saved Me podcast