Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray WBZ Constance News Radio.
Speaker 2: Over the weekend, actually Friday night, there was a horrific murder homicide in Plymouth, Massachusetts, and we're going to talk with the Plymouth County District Attorney, Tim Cruz in just one minute. But Tim, with your permission, we have to give away two tickets to Celtic Thunder at the Premier Theater and Foxwoods on November seventh. Folks, don't call in and take these tickets unless you're gonna use them. This is set Off a music that's set off on a musical journey with the Irish Musics Sensations. Celtic Thunder Live. Complete show info and tickets available at Foxwoods dot com. But if you are caller number ten right now, here's the number six one seven nine three one ten thirty. That is, do not call any other number six one seven nine three one ten thirty. If you're calling number ten, you're going to win two tickets to Celtic Thunder at the Premier Theater at Foxwoods in Connecticut on November seventh. Again, this is set Off on a musical journey with the Irish Music Sensations Celtic Thunder Live. Complete show info and tickets available at Foxwoods dot com. You gotta be caller number ten. Just keep dialing. If Dan tells you call a one or call her three, you can call back. There's no penalty for calling back multiple times. In the meantime, we're going to talk with the Plymouth County District Attorney, Tim Cruz. Tim, you have just been elected to a National District Attorney's Association. First of all, tell us we'll go to the good news before we go to the bad news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been elected. I've been lucky enough. I'm a member of the National Districttorneys Association for a number of years now. I've been one of the vice presidents for a number of years, and last summer I was voted in this president elect. So in twenty twenty five, I'll be taking over the reigns of the National DA's Association, which consists really of twenty you know, more than twenty five hundred local and state procutors office across America with more than six thousand members and really bringing things together. The mission of the DAS or try to seek justice in our cases, trying to make sure we can put best practices together and try to make sure we can keep people safe. And it's really an honor and a privilege to do and I'm looking forward to do it. And as a matter of fact, today I was with some of the some of my other electors from across America at a meeting down down Washington, d C. Down the Pom the Justice and seeing where we're going next steps. So I'm very excited about it, and I'm looking forward to working hard to make sure we can continue to do good work that's been happen around here.
Speaker 2: Is this the same group, By the way, I'm told that we have a winner for those Celtic tickets, so you can stop calling the number. The pholds are going crazy here and and you you obviously weren't able to call. So is this the same organization that our good mutual friend, John Blodgett at one point was the president of.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is this. When I become president next summer, it'll be the seventy fifth year of the National DA's Association, which is really the largest prosecutors association in America. And John was the president probably I think it was back four or five years back. And John did a trumendous job and was able to, you know, really get get me involved in the whole program and dealing with a lot of the issues. And I'm thankful to him for that. And you know, as we go forward, we see the many challenges that we face. There's so many things going on a daily basis, and our job is so busy, and you're juggling a lot of balls in the air making sure that you know, you can keep your offices running the way they should be, make sure it's funded, make sure you get best practices, make sure that people understand you what the prosecutor does. That we continue to work on the front end of many different things, helping kids who are dragging dangered kids, would challenge advers, challenge experiences, all sorts of things, and you know, on the back end in the middle, we have specialty courts and we're trying to help people. That's our goal. But sometimes obviously and obviously the best way you can help our community and help victims and make sure that victims have put where they belong in the forefront rather than the back burner. We need to make sure that people understand that. All too often, you know, we live in a world where defendants, the treated victims, and the real victims are invisible. We need to make sure that our victims are heard. And that's what really is the challenge I think many times nowadays.
Speaker 2: I think it was also a d a DAP in Syracuse Bill Fitzpatrick, who I've interviewed as well, who was also one of your predecessors. So you're in some good company and they have a great successor. Let's talk about what happened in Plymouth on Friday night. This is as bizarre a shooting that I can imagine. This is five thirty at night on Friday night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and a Friday night, and a beautiful night don and Plymouth, if you recall, the weather was really nice. And you know where this event took place. It was right off of Main Street, which is really the middle of the road. It's the road that the Plymouth parades go down every year. And there's a side street, a middle street, which has a town talking area and many people pocket vehicles there and that's why you know, thirty five forty five Friday night on this terrible event occurred, which has changed people's lives and also it really affects the community.
Speaker 2: Yeah again, I know that you've commented on it, but there is a twenty three year old who's facing a charge of murder, one count of murder, discharging a firearm within five hundred feet of a building, reckless endangerment of a child, improper storage for a firearm, negligent operation of a motor vehicle, improper storage of AMMO, and possession of large capacity FEITI device. And this guy had his eighteen month old son in the backseat of his car when there was some sort of a fender bender. This is this was over a fender bender.
Speaker 3: It appears the it was a minor traffic incident and it certainly escalated out of control and it well, you know, I mean, the only thing that common in all these events day and that you see is that really everybody loses. Everybody loses. You know, the defendant now has significant issues he's going to have to deal in the court system. The victims. Stanley is always going to be changed, it's always going to be different. A man's lost his life, and it affects a very quiet town like America's hometown of Plymouth, and you know they're down there and the plot players think did a great job that night they showed up and really quieted the area down there. But you know that's the sort of news that you know, no town wants to have that. No town wants to have something happening in a beautiful the area where people are going. It's very crowded, you know, in the Fall area. So it's really it's too bad that. You know, those are the issues that we're going to have to deal with. You know, we're going to continue to do like we always do. You know, we'll do a job, slow, methodical. The defendant was arranged today in those charges. He was held with out bail as usually as the norm with you know, homicide allegations. Yeah, he usually as a presenttion, you're gonna held without bail. He's held without bail in case was put over to December thirteenth, and the investigation might remains ongoing and we'll go from ford from there.
Speaker 2: Well, there's the judge that set bail or denied bail. Scott Peterson is a really solid judge. Obviously, the defense attorney, I think it's Jack Edward. I will probably take that up and appeal it to a superior cord. But I mean, one guy did forty one years old he has a couple of kids, as I understand it, and this guy had an eighteen month old baby boy in the backseat of his own car. And this is all over a fender bender. That's what lives. One life lost, the other life has been impacted forever. The eighteen month old child, he's going to be without a dad for probably some period of time unless somehow, some way the circumstances that we are unaware of, and both of them apparently had license to carry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean, it was an absolute tragedy. The victim in this case didn't have any weapons on him, but you know, the the whatever whatever preceded the event, which, like I said, which is still remains on going matter right now, as we go forward with it, whatever happened between them, will get to the bottom of that, like we always do, and then we will eventually make a determination as the direction.
Speaker 2: Is going to go.
Speaker 3: It will go to the next step in the court system, and eventually it will end up in superior court where all homicide cases go. And you know, but you're right, I mean, it just it just it just affects so many people. It is a pebble on the pond that ripple effect that now affects the entire area, if affects families, and like I said, the only thing that everybody has in common, and I've seen it over the years, you know, my twenty three years is da you walk in these court rooms and everybody loses, you know, and that's why, you know, we have to make sure that you know, there's such a I'm not even talking about this case, but such a lack of civility in the world nowadays. People have such short uses over nothing, and I think that, Yeah, it's so frustrating when you see things like that, and people need to understand that. And hopefully maybe somebody will see this and say, you know what, keep you cool. Nothing, nothing out there is worth it. You know, your family, your family's fine, nobody get hurt. Well, let's have a conversation, let's exchange papers and go from there. Because any damage and motor vehicles, you know. But unfortunately this thing, this thing didn't go that way. And now we we're with all the people, were all these individuals and all these circumstances going on down the Plymouth, and I said, we'll deal with it as we will.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my understanding is there was some representations in courte today and they know that you were in Washington, so you don't have to comment to this. But my understanding is that after the individual was shot and was on the ground, that the shooter apparently got out of his car might have fired again, and then once he realized the guy was you know, pert that badly tried to deliver to administer CPR. Now, jess what what an insane scene in the middle of Plymouth on a Friday night and it helps hurts everyone and and helps no one. Mister District Attorney, Tim Cruise, thank you for giving us a little bit of background on again. Congratulations on your election. I'm gonna invite callers after after we bid you a do tonight to join the conversation because I think there's a lot of wistome in what you have to say for us tonight. Thank you, Tim Cruise, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: When we come back, and we do have a winner of those tickets when we come back, i'd like to hear from you. I'm gonna go over this in a little more detail, some of the reports to out of the newspapers and television stations that I have read here will walk through this incident, but I'd love to know what is I mean. I think the lesson is exactly what Tim Cruz said. But my question is how can you find yourself in that situation where somehow someway over This was a minor This was a minor fender bender. I'm gonna break it down and I'd love to have you participate, particularly if you're from the South Shore, because this was an absolute unnecessary tragedy for both families. You know the number six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty and six one, seven, nine three one tenth thirty. We'll be back on Nightside right after this.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan ray Line from the Window World Light Side Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: I do want to congratulate Bob Chapman of Jamaica Plane. Bob has won the two tickets this hour or the evening to the Celtic Thunder at the Premier Theater at Foxwoods on November seventh. You can set off on a musical journey with the Irish music sensations Celtic Thunder Live. Complete show info and tickets available at Foxwoods dot com. Congratulations Bob Chapman, thanks for listening to Night's Side. We will have a pair of these tickets every night this week Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. Let's take you back to Plymouth. Okay, it's Friday night. If you remember Friday night, it was a really lovely evening. So you have two people involved in this. There's a twenty three year old guy. His name is David Jerome, really not that important. He's driving a Toyota rav four. He has its eighteen month old son in a car seat. Just before six o'clock on Friday night, apparently he gets into some sort of a fender bender with a gentleman named Brent Berkeley. He's forty one years old. He's driving his jeep. Berkeley was shot several times, taken to a local hospital, and died to an article in The Patriot Ledger written by David Smith and Jessica Truffont Jerome. David Jerome, twenty three years old, father of an eighteen month old, arraigned in Plymouth District Court on Monday today, charged with one of one count each of murder, discharging a firearm within five hundred feet of a building, reckless endangerment of a child, improper storage of a firearm, negligence operation of a motor vehicle, improper storage of ammunition, and possession of a large capacity feeding device. Witnesses claimed that this guy had had a beard at a local bar. He bought a couple to go home. He's heading home and in the parking lot. This is not a classic road rage incident out on Root four ninety five or Root three where people pull off the side of the road. I remember the story this is several years ago, where a couple of guys were going at it in the car, you know, jumping up in front of each other, blasting the horn. And I guess they pulled off into one of the parking areas and they both got out of the car. One guy went to the trunk. He had a crossbow. He fired the crossbow, hit the other guy right below his sternam and hit pierced his heart dead. I think the guy with the crossbow probably still in jail. That was as bizarre. So this murder was more of This homicide was more of a run of the mill homicide. So, according to what was presented in open court, Jerome was the guy who is the shooter allegedly was texting and driving in the parking lot when he allegedly rearins Berkeley in a town owned parking lot on Middle Street. The witness reported seeing Berkeley get out of the car to confront Jerome, who remained in his car. Allegation is that Berkeley punched Jerome in the face, and then Jerome fired several shots to his open car window, shooting Berkeley in the chest abdomen. This according to the Assistant DA Witnesses, according to the Patriot Ledgers, said Jerome then got out of his car, approached Berkeley, who was on the ground, and shot him several times while saying something along the lines of don't move. Witnesses said Jerome then said something like don't give up to Berkeley before he started to perform CPR. Oh my god. Police on the scene moments later, Jerome was taken into custody. Berkeley, taking a Beth Israel deacon his hospital in Plymouth, pronounced dead from his wounds less than an hour later, at six twenty eight pm. According to the district attorney, the assistant district attorney who appeared in court today, Jeremy Kusman, said, no matter how you look at it, this is a case of overkill. The defense asked for one hundred thousand dollars cash bail or one hundred thousand dollars bail, which would be probably ten thousand dollars bond, suggesting it was a case of self defense. The defense attorney Jack got Edwards said Jerome had no criminal record, lives with his girlfriend, and their child doesn't live there anymore, at least for now. That would suggest it could be a case of self defense, arguing that Berkeley had four bullet holes in his hand and therefore could have been reaching for the gun. We'll see how that works out. They are witnesses. So the question I have is, are you haven't any second thoughts when you're out driving as to who's in the road with you? I know I am. Are you having any second thoughts as to how you might respond if somebody crawls up behind you on or four ninety five and is flashing their lights and wants you to get out of the way because they're obviously more important than you are. You know, I certainly at this point figure if that person's in that much of a rush, I'm pulling into the middle lane and let him go bother someone else. You haven't any second thoughts about somebody who maybe you're driving on a city street or something, and I don't know worries are exchanged. I mean, this now is becoming too commonplace, in my opinion, and this cost one guy his life. Had to get out of the car to exchange papers. But I don't know what was said. I wasn't there. I don't know what threats were made. There is a report that one of the articles I read was that Jerome had been in a the defendant of this case had been in some sort of an argument with another driver shortly before that. I don't know. I don't know. The authorities will figure it out, we probably, I don't know. If this is this, this won't be covered like the Karen Reid case, you know, day after day after day in court. Sad to say, but as bizarre as this case is, it's almost a run of the mill homicide. The fact that it occurred at five thirty on a Friday afternoon, You got the weekend in front of your people. Come on, what are you thinking? What are you thinking? Do you think you're gonna be able to shoot somebody a couple of times and they just drive away. It's not the it's not the old wild West. You're not Wyatt Up or Billy the kid. I don't get it. I don't get it. I'm a Second Amendment guy. People should have the right to carry if they want. But but boy, I'll tell you what a life changing moment in time for two families. We'll open up the phone lines. I'd love to get your reaction. Six one, seven, two, five, four, ten thirty six one seven, nine three one ten thirty. Have you ever found yourself in a situation like this or do you do you avoid a situation like this? I think it this point with the number of people who have engaged in this sort of just absurd behavior, absurd behavior, Yet you don't want you do not want to be involved in this on either side of the weapon, back on Night's side after the news at the bottom of the hour. According to an NIH study, by age sixty five, many Americans have lost at least six permanent teeth that can lead to chewing, digestion, and self esteem problems. Dental implants have become the gold standard of treating missing and compromised teeth. I am thrilled to endorse new arch by doctor Sall Dental Implant Center. Doctor sal is a distinguished Boston University Dental School graduate, skillfully combining all the stages of dental implant treatment for your convenience and to achieve long lasting results. To learn if you're a candidate for dental implants, visit doctor sal it his Ashland office centrally located in the Metro West area right by Framingham near Route nine near four ninety five one twenty eight. Easy to find, easy to find. Doctor sal will listen to you and craft the best possible way to treat you. I've never had a dental implant, but I know if I needed one, I'd be seeing doctor Shall. I've actually sat in the chair in his office and walked through the procedure as he will walk through the process with you up on a screen. You'll have a clear picture of every step and feel confident about the procedure before you start to schedule your consultation. All you have to do is call five zero eight eight eight one twelve ninety. That's five zero eight eight eight one twelve ninety. Remember New arch is New England's choice to chew and smile with confidence, and also when you're there, look at the before and after pictures of the patients. He's already treated. He is a miracle worker. I don't care how bad your teeth are. You're going to see people there who have worse, who walked in with teeth in greater need of assistance than you, and they walk out with Hollywood smiles. I'm telling you, he is a miracle worker, a great guy. His staff is wonderful. I couldn't recommend them more highly. And if the day ever comes when I need a dental implant, I'm heading to see doctor Sell. Doctor Sell. He is a great guy. Five zero eight eight eight one, twelve ninety. Remember newarch is New England's choice to chew and smile with confidence.
Speaker 1: Night Side with Dan Ray, I'm Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: All right, let's get to the phone. It's gonna go to Mike Is in Rosendale. Mike, we're talking about a really senseless situation. Don in Plymouth. They can kill that music if you want, Dan, that'd be great. I think we've got enough music there. Okay, there goes to music. Now I can talk to Mike from Rosendale.
Speaker 4: Hi, Mike, how are you all right? So here's one possibility that happened. Yeah, first of all, before you went to break and gave the did all your advertisements and so forth. A moment or two ago you mentioned that there was a possibility or maybe I missed up, maybe I'm misunderstolled you. I don't know about the rest of the audience out there and in the Boston area, but did you mention that this was this could have been the possibility of just the run of the mill road rage or you just weren't sure?
Speaker 2: Well, it was. It was an accident in a parking lot. So it was originally reported as road rage. When I think of road rage, I think of, you know, two guys or whatever out on one twenty eight or four ninety five, who were you know, passing each other and all of that sort of stuff. Uh, this was a fender bender in a parking lot, so, and it quickly escalated into an outrageous situation. But it wasn't as if they were out on four eight. That's what I if I confused you, I apologize.
Speaker 4: No, that's okay. What I'm thinking this could have been could have been. Okay. These two foxes, excuse me, might have had history. Might and they had an old school to celebrate between the two of them, with one of them having their child in the fact seat that was not smart. That kid, that kid could be pushing up browses right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a question about that. Yeah, this, you know, I only I was not in court today, so I will tell you that I I read as many reports of the court proceed proceedings as I could, and there's no suggestion that there was a prior even though it was in the middle of Plymouth. I don't know that there was any prior interaction between these two, these two individuals the shooter lived in.
Speaker 4: There was also this one other thing they I don't know. I mentioned the whole thing about maybe the possibility of a score to settle this. This could have been a thing where, you know, just just a simple road rage that can out that get out of hand. Unfortunately, both of their lives are early one on one that one guy's dead and the other guys looking at uh you know, at the bare minimum, uh first degree or second agree, mad flaughter, if not first agree or whatever, I don't know, but the.
Speaker 2: Screws, Yeah, yeah, well, let me just say this, their lives have changed forever. I mean, this is not a couple of guys who when you think about it, let's assume that they got out of the car. Uh, and they threw a couple of punches at each other and the cops and the police arrested them for us each with for assault and battery. You know that's going to probably end up in nothing, okay, But when you have the loss of life. Uh this First of all, the guy who's dead is dead. There's nothing that kid's going to be done for him to help him or to hurt him. He's dead, and his family has lost it. I saw, Yeah, I saw pictures of his parents in the courtroom today. And you know, he's forty one years old, so his parents look to be like they were somewhere in their you know, mid to late sixties. I don't know how many children they have or you know, but obviously it destroys their family. That's number one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the family is ruined.
Speaker 2: Yeah. He apparently had a couple of kids with with his either partner girlfriend wife, I'm not sure which the other guy. He's got an eighteen year old kid in the back seat of the eighteen month old child in the back seat of the car. As you said, if the other guy had had a gun, and apparently the other guy had a license to carry but didn't have a gun with him. I just I think to myself, there, but for the great of God, could go any one of us. You know, you're in a parking lot or whatever. Sorry, Okay, thank you very much. Nice to talk with you. Okay, Okay, that's strange. Let me go next to Rodney and Boston. Hey, Rodney, how are you tonight? How are you I'm doing Okay, Rodney, what's on your mind?
Speaker 5: Well, I've spoken to you before about when Boston said they have the best streets and also about the snowstorm. So I'm a lift driver and I drive around Boston or Eastern mass almost every day, and it is getting worse out there. The road rage. People get mad at anything and they'll get on your tail. I've been flipped off because I let a cargo in front of me. I stop, and I stop sign and people want me to go right away and it and when you want to try and switch lanes, they want.
Speaker 2: To block you.
Speaker 5: So it's very aggressive out there, and it's not rage. It's just that the anger that they carry with them and what they do to you. They don't even know you, they don't you don't talk to you, but they're taking it out on you. And so there's something wrong with us that people are so pent up that they just one little thing will set them off, Like what happened was terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me ask you, and you're you're you're driving a lot. Have you ever had anybody truly threaten you, meaning, uh, you know, point to a weapon towards you, or actually you know, like you know, put a finger at you, like they're holding a gun or anything like that, if I got to know.
Speaker 5: But one night I was at a red light and someone went around me and turned right, and I beeped at him, and he started to back up towards me, and I go, oh crap, what did I do? And I didn't know he had a gun, So I backed up. I went in the parking lot. He came. We went around a couple of times, and I was able to get to the street and book down the street and not even having indication whether he was playing with me or whatever. But the fact that he backed up and kind of followed me was will of disheartening.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, particularly if you're out driving late at night. This was five thirty or just before. It's five thirty six o'clock, so it's you know, sun's going down last Friday night. This is not twelve thirty in the morning, when people might be you know, half of the rapper and do things that they would later regret. I just don't.
Speaker 6: I actually I drive over night.
Speaker 5: I drive overnight. I tend to find people overnight are doing pretty well. It's the morning. At six o'clock people start coming in driving bath being aggressive. So at nighttime is great to drive.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe maybe people are more relaxed.
Speaker 7: I don't know, or just.
Speaker 2: It's frightening when you realize that not only are you out of the road, but other family members can be out in the road. I have two children who are doubt children, and they're out driving. My wife drives. You know, I have a brother or sister in law, other family, friends and members, and you never know who was gonna run in to the crazy person.
Speaker 5: And well, the crazy person could be a lady or a man or whomever. So's it's interesting to see how people react when nothing's going on, but they react to it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I don't know if you you don't sound to me like you're old enough to remember this story, but it was about probably about twenty years ago. There were these two guys who were, you know, passing one another somewhere. I think it was on ninety five or one of the major roadways, and so they both pulled off into sort of one of the rest areas and they both jumped out of the car. An older guy went into the trunk of his car and he pulled out a crossbow, you like something of a Robin Hood movie. And he fired the crossbow and got the guy right in the heart. I'll be dead before he hit the ground. This was in Massachusetts. Someone will remember that case, what year it was. And I assume that the guy that did it is still walked up. Maybe he's done his time. I don't know. I'll look it up during the break here and try to give you more exact but you know, no one probably when that when the two of those peeled off the road. I'm sure that the victim, the guy who eventually died, didn't think to himself, you know, if I pull off here with this nut job, he's gonna kill me with a crossbow. Never thought about it. He probably thought, oh, I'll beat the guy up, or you know, I'm a tough guy. Even if he has a gun, he won't shoot it at a crossbow.
Speaker 5: You know, I'm thinking that every time I see someone that that threatens me. I'm thinking I got to shut up and just keep going and not react. And I find myself wanting to react because it angers you. When someone is just so attacking of you. They don't know you, they're never going to see you again. They make you the target of their anger.
Speaker 2: Rodney, I agree with you. So how old are you? You don't remember that story?
Speaker 5: I said, well, you're at eight, actually, and I do remember something about that.
Speaker 2: Oh you said you're fifty eight. Okay, great, Okay, no problem, so you yes, you sound younger. Thanks Rodney. Keep in touch and keep listening and keep calling. Okay, appreciate you, dame.
Speaker 6: We appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Take care my pleasure.
Speaker 2: Have it great. Now we'll take a quick break here on night Side, and I may be able to find that crossbowl story. But I got Phil and David coming up. Got room for you. We're changing topics, by the way, at ten o'clock, So if you want to get in, now's the time of dial six one, seven, two, five four to ten thirty or six one seven, nine three one ten thirty Back on Nightside.
Speaker 1: Now back to Dan Ray live from the Window World Nightside Studios on WBZ News Radio.
Speaker 2: The so called Crossbowl murder occurred here in Massachusetts in the mid nineteen nineties. Donald Graham was convicted of killing an Attleborough man or Interstate ninety five with a razor tipped crossbowl bolt on February twentieth, nineteen ninety four, in a case that received national intention concerning the issue of road rage. Graham, a church deacon from Wunsaka, Rhode Island, is serving life prison life prison turn without the possibility of parole at mc I Shirley for first screen murder. He filed an appeal and that's the latest I could find out, so as as of August of twenty thirteen, he was still in prison. We'll try to figure just unbelievable. Apparently there was a book written about this as well. Anyway, Let's look, it can happen. Where are we going to go next? Let me go to Phil in Boston. Phil, you are next on Nightside. I appreciate you calling in. Get my my mouse working here and I'll bring you right up. Phil. Welcome next on Nightside.
Speaker 7: Right, you're hitting the right subject that I thought that was a little twenty four.
Speaker 8: It was a guy in whatever I got.
Speaker 2: Yeah, turn your radio down. Will you feel I'm hearing in the background? Its distracting to me, it's probably distracting. I'm sure that the DAN told you to turn that radio down. You're a veteran.
Speaker 8: It's just it's just there's no more civility.
Speaker 7: There's nothing. There's not no one cares anymore.
Speaker 8: I mean, there's a lady to get but there's gotta be some education.
Speaker 7: And you get people riding around on bike lanes with motor schools and everything is falling apart. They when something happens, then then they come in and they, oh, yeah, we're gonna do this for them. Well you ever think that maybe you've been doing this before, Like maybe let these kids are driving around the motor schools with no helmets. So I'm driving going right through red lights, people on bikes and pedal bikes going through red lakes. People on bike lanes that go on on pedal bikes on the sidewalk behind you going the wrong way, steps away from enough by the bike lane. They're spending more money in bike lanes, and now you've got people on the on the sidewalk. I thought trying to get rid.
Speaker 2: Of that, right, Phil, Phil, I don't want you to have a heart attack on me here. Yeah. I don't mean too upset you man, Just I hear you. I think you raise good points. It's crazy out there, it's just and don't get involved in the craziness, you know, just let it go by you, Okay.
Speaker 8: I would I just one quick Slavill my years ago, oil was in his auto post place in a social community and it was selling these box cutters at the at the register and I said, excuse this in all sense, all this is about twenty years ago, lawless roadways going on, and they just have a worth.
Speaker 7: I said, do you think it's could have it?
Speaker 4: Or let me buy some oil for a mission?
Speaker 8: Flwood, Oh, give me a box cut of while you're at it. And then I the guy, well, I don't know. I went to the I went to the police station.
Speaker 2: Phil, this really doesn't relate to what we're talking about today. And I got out of the calls I got to go to. So I appreciate your call, and I appreciate the story. We'll talk so thank you much. Let me go to David and Worcester. David, next time nights, I want to get you in one more in please go.
Speaker 6: Right ahead, David, believing in them. You know, this is yeah, this is a sad it's it's a very sad and tragic situation. When I am yes, you know, the gentleman just spoke. You know, it's on the right point in terms of you know, people's you know, egos and you know, and what what happened to people. But I say this when I have been honored with the privilege of advising people, I tell them, especially if I say, when you drive, one of the things you must not forget to do is drive with your ego humility, a humble ego and rather I'm sorry, humility and not your ego. And and you know, the important thing is that the human, the complex human brain that we have, was not equipped with cameras so that we can know exactly what exchange before this happens. But I say that to say, not to blame any good, but to say, you know, I advise people that if there's an accident, you know, if you're the first to come out to a port, the other person, come with your papers of follow me your papers. And but first of all, just his first sentiment should be you know, is everybody okay, you know, a concern for the other people, and often do your papers and then you can ask them for their papers because if you come on.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: The thing that was interesting about this one, David, was it was literally a fender bender in a parking lot. If this was a serious accident that it caused injury to somebody, you can see where people would be upset. But this was a fender bender in a parking lot at five thirty quarter six on a beautiful Friday afternoon and one person ends up dead.
Speaker 6: Well egos, Yeah, for egos, egos. You know, you know anything could be could be too big, and you know, so you know exactly. It's very it's very sad.
Speaker 2: Absolutely well, said David. I want to get one more in as well as always great to hear your voice. Next time, I'll give you more time if you caught a little earlier. But like that, thanks, Thanks David.
Speaker 3: Be Well.
Speaker 2: Harriet in Tewkesbury, Harriet your next one nice, I can run.
Speaker 3: Ahead, Hi, stan Well.
Speaker 9: We do deliveries and pickups for grub Hub and my husband and eye and we've had people beeping at us because you have to you don't know where the houses. I have to slow down, looks the streets, the numbers, the fingers, the middle things. But the worst one was about a month or so ago. We were picking up the Windy's and bill Rica and we were delivering to Wilmington. This guy in a white truck kept following us and following us all the way to almost where we were going to drop off. Then he cut us off completely across the road so we couldn't go anywhere. Opened his door flew open and came over to my husband's side, the driver's side instead of pomding and pomding on the window with his fists. I was so scared the window was going to break. It was horrible. So I called the police and they said, well, you have to come down and make a report and everything. So after we dropped off the delivery, we went to the Wilmington. I thought we were in bill Rica, but we were actually in Wilmington. Anyway, After the police in Wilmington made a report and every thing, and they said that they would contact us and see whatever. A couple of days went by, we kept calling. Finally they said they did find him and he and now we're an elderly couple and Senia's and the police said, well, he said, you cut him off, which we didn't, but you cut him off. He thought you were wise teenagers. Now he came to my husband's side.
Speaker 2: He could must be the youngest looking senior couple. We're all, that's ridiculous. You take that as a compliment, okay, but I.
Speaker 7: Mean it was.
Speaker 9: It's the one that the glass didn't break. And anyway, he said, oh, don't worry. The policeman said, don't worry about it. He doesn't you know, he doesn't know where you living. You don't know he lives. And he apologized, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's fine, but they should have run a little see if this guy's been involved in other that's poor police work. They should have said to you, look, this guy's got a clean driving record. Have no idea what happened, but if he had, if he had had a serious other incidents, it would have been they should have done something on it. Hey, Harry, I gotta get trying to get one more in in thirty seconds, okay.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you, yeah, any time, Thank you much.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get Steve in from Rhode Island. Steve. I only got about thirty seconds before the news go right ahead.
Speaker 6: Hi, dam thank you.
Speaker 10: I just wanted to tell you your listeners. I just recently watched the movie about road rage, the most terrifying movie I've ever starring Russell Crowe. It's from twenty twenty and it's called Unhinged. Yeah, all right, Paul thinks just started by someone just beeping the horn in a light a little bit too line and the rest. I'm not gonna tell you because it's beyond your belief what happens.
Speaker 2: Okay, thanks Steve, I know exactly who this is, my friend. You got to call more off and I miss talking to you. Okay, thank you so much, good talking to you.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: The movie is Unhinged with Russell Crowe. Thanks. There's a movie selection. Thank you, Thanks Steve. All Right, we're done. We're going to talk next hour about Paula and why are there a lot of big political institutions not endorsing this year. Feel free. We'll open it up right after the ten