Speaker 1: Welcome to Destiny. Now here's your host, Cliff Dunning. Hey, come on in and have a seat. What do we have in the way of manifestation tools for getting what we want in life, getting the relationships we want, getting the jobs we want, having enough money to be comfortable to do the things we want to do, to be as creative as possible within a certain confine, to have freedom to know what we want and to get what we want. Some of the tools we've talked about, and those can be using crystals, using journaling, working with dreams. Today we're going to talk about the vision board. And we've had a number of authors Excuse me, we've had one or two authors over the years talking about developing a vision board for short term goals, for long term goals, usually at the beginning of a year January, to set the resonance for the coming year. But our guest today has written a book on vision board creation that is for specific items. And I'd like that because if you are looking for a new job or something is fairly significant, you need to hold the energy around that the residence of the object that you want in a certain manner so that it does eventually manifest and that you can begin getting hints about it, how it is coming into focus, how it will be part of your reality, and so forth and so on. So this is a different kind of a vision board creation that we're going to talk about today. And why it's so important to use vision boards and to have tools for getting what you want in this physical reality is that you don't have to suffer and be in a situation where you're like, I don't have any choice in the situation I'm in. I have no power, i have no ability to get what I want, or I'm not in a place to get what i want. I'm struggling right now. I'm depressed, I am stuck in a rut. I hate my job, I don't like the people I'm around, so forth, and so on. You kind of get the picture when you're kind of in the muck and you can't get out of it. So vision board creation, it's something I've been doing off and on for a number of years. And I have to say this that after our interview today, I was looking at the book called Make a Vision Board, a manifesting collage book, and thinking I got to get back into it because I kind of fell off the trailer. When I was had vision boards and I had them all over my room and I haven't done one for this year. And this is kind of a nice refresher. Now we're going to speak on how it works. How does the vision board work? Well, it's the unconscious mind working with the conscious mind and there's other elements that are involved that all together pull towards manifesting what you want. And what we do in the vision board is we take photographs, We take images of things, we take words, we take affirmations, and we place them on this cardboard and we pace them and so we put them up so we can see them every day. And one of the things that I haven't done enough of is when you've created have created a vision board, journaling how the the visions are, how the vision board items are coming into fruition, Is it working, Are you getting a sense that you're on the right path? And adjusting And this is something we haven't talked enough about, is adjusting the vision board goals as a period of time elapses, So you you kind of critique at the one month, the two month, the three months, six month period, how are you coming along with this? Are you getting the job? Is the relationship in focus. And you know, I've I'm working on relationships right now. I've been in too, I've had I've been married. I was actually I should say I was married twice, but the second marriage we weren't officially married married and I had a son. In that second relationship, I got married too young. I was just too young. In the first time I got married, I got it run out of college and I was like, just not ready. The second relationship was more mutual attraction mutual respect, but we kind of grew apart after about a decade, and and since that time, I've had a couple of long term relationships, but it's time for something to be more harmonious on a lot of different levels. And I'm an eclectic person. I'm not I think I think I'm pretty to get along, but like anybody else, I need my space. I'm an artist, so I process. I have to have some quiet time, so I process. And I mean, I don't think that my girlfriends have not understood that. But for some reason, I haven't had a long term relationship in a few years, a number of years actually, And when you do creative work, you're not always able to In my case, get out and mingle. And so I did these dating sites and they're just very frustrating. So I'm back to the vision board looking to manifest another relationship. And you know, the older you get, it's not like you can, you know, one night stand. I've never been a one night standing person anyhow, But you know something significant, something where you can grow together as friends and then get more intimate as their time elapses. And you know what I'm talking about, A serious relationship, a long term relationship. I'm not looking to get married. I think my idea of marriage has changed and so, but I am looking for long term relationships. So I'll tell you that dating sites are extremely frustrated because you meet somebody and they go you go, oh they're cute, and then oh, I like what they have to say. But you're impressing upon them your idea of who this person is. And even if you talk to them, even if you do some video chats, it's not the same as meeting somebody. And this is where I think these internet dating sites fall off, because as humans, we are more adapt at meeting people face to face, because then you know if there's something is possible, and I think there's a lot of wasted energy, a lot of wasted time, and a lot of wasted perhaps short term meetings on dating sites. Now I have a cousin who found his wife on a dating site. So you know, it's not necessarily a problem for everybody. But I think a lot of people agree with me is if they had a chance to meet somebody at an event, at a sit down, at a like minded program. This is why whoever invented the program meetup where you meet together with like minded people on a certain subject, that's brilliant. So here I am giving my own solution. I should go to some more meetups. I mean I do do meetups. So but getting back to the vision board, when you are focused on a number of elements that you can place on the vision board, and I'm about to build a new one. It's funny because, like I was mentioning after the interview with my guest today, I was like, Okay, I got to get a vision board together. It's important to have key words. You know, what you're looking for, Who is this person that you want to meet with, and how you've wanted to develop, what is the personality type, what is the interests? So forth, and so on? You know, you kind of get a sense of what I'm going on this So so vision boards are great for a lot of things, and we'll see what happens with my vision board again. Today's program is for those of you who want more access to reality creation, not just kind of waking up, going to work, coming home and then doing the same thing. You know, if you have desires for things that are just not working out, a vision board is a way to manifest what you want. And it's metaphysical and if you're a religious person, that's not witchcraft. It's just another way to get to what you want in your reality. So today's program is make a vision board a manifesting collage book. And my guest is Candice Johnson. We're featuring an incredible opportunity to visit one of the real enigmas of the ancient world, and that is Easter Island in the Pacific Ocean. This is a new tour that we're doing. It looks like this will probably be the only chance we get to go because it's very challenging to get over there. But we're lucky because doctor Edwin Barnhardt, our host and our tour leader, has been surveying this island for over a number of years and has some really amazing insights on just how detailed and how complicated and how mysterious this island is going to be. March fifteenth to twenty third, I wanted to ask just a brief question or two because I obviously have never been there, and I'm really excited to be a part of this. It was a highlight talk about the moai. There's a number of them, aren't there.
Speaker 2: There are so many moai there it's outrageous. You see from coffee table books that there's lines of them, but in point of fact, there's over one thousand moi and they're spread all over the island. They're where ancient villages used to be. So we're going to go visit a bunch of those. There's also the quarry. There's one quarry where almost all of them were made, and a lot of them are still half made lying in the quarry. That thing is just a site to see how grew up.
Speaker 1: Briefly, and I didn't realize they have an observatory there. Is it a planetarium or is it more of a setup for evening sites.
Speaker 2: It's a planetarium. It's a passion project by a man named EDMUNDO. Edwards who's been studying the archaeo astronomy of the island for his entire life, I think almost fifty years now. He knows more than anyone, and he put together this planetarium to share this lifetime of knowledge with the visitors that come to the place.
Speaker 1: Fantastic. So March fifteenth to the twenty third, that is a week, and it sounds like we've really packed a lot in during those seven days, right.
Speaker 2: I tell you, For an island that's only twelve miles across, there is an endless amount of things to see there.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to it. Fantastic all right. For more information to go to earth Ancients dot com forward slash tours, look for the photo of ed standing next to one of the big Mai sculptures and registered as soon as you can. I want to let you know that we are now looking at being fairly full. The maximum we're going to take us thirty people, so we might be getting really close to that. So again, go to earthacients dot com, forward slash tours. Thanks Ed, Thank you, Cliff. We need every tool we can get our hands on when it comes to living the best life. We can. We talk about meditating, we talk about body work, yoga, taichi. We have had past authors speaking on vision board, but today my guest has a great new idea for making vision boards, and we're gonna learn not only how to manifest the best life possible, but actually how to make a vision board and some of the intricacies involved in creation of a vision board, what it means, how it can help, and we're gonna try to squeeze some success stories from our author today. Guest is Candice Johnson. She is a entrepreneur, she's a writer, facilitator, and she is also a healer. And we're gonna learn all we can today to get a sense of just where she's coming from. So Candice, Welcome to Destiny.
Speaker 3: Hi him, thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: What's the background on this? Because this is not an easy project. When we publish anything, as you know, it's a lot of work, it's a lot of time and energy. What was the what's the background on this?
Speaker 3: Well, initially I was inspired by your podcast and I really wanted to create something that I thought, Number one, it works with astrology because when you're really thinking about vision boarding, it's an incredibly overwhelming process. To kind of decide how you want to lay out your life. And then I thought, well, you know the houses in astrology, they are your guide, right, That's how you cover who you want to be, family, career, money, relationships, it's all there for you. So when I was reached out by the publishing company, I was like, well, let's do something where they have a really good lay of the land and they can really chart their course by utilizing the house as an astrology to aid them in remembering even just what they want to talk what they want to cover in their life. And you know all of the houses in astrology do that naturally. So we thought, well, let's how do we make this real thing. And you know when people think of vision boarding, it usually is thought of it in such a superficial way, where you know, there's a ton of money on the board or a lot of cars on the board. But we really wanted to delve into the emotional aspects so that you can get behind the feeling of what you're trying to get to, because that's the key to true manifesting.
Speaker 4: It's all about your emotions and your actions.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to the beginning. What is a vision board? And of course the most important aspect is how does it work? Well.
Speaker 3: A vision board is a physical tool, I would say, to lay out what your desires are for this life. Okay, and how it works is Manifesting is a complex process, I will say, but one of the key aspects is number one, knowing what you want. It's not going to show up unless you know, being able to determine the emotion behind the object or the feeling.
Speaker 4: So it's freedom.
Speaker 3: Usually you know it's wanting love, it's wanting abundance, and then being able to take that and do an action. The action is the most important part in manifesting because then you have created this level of ritual where you've put more energy behind something, and then it just gives you an easy place to land and look and to remember what your goals are on a day to day basis so that you can stay on course.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's talk about projection. Are you suggesting in your book to develop a long term vision board or is it more for short term goals and visions?
Speaker 3: Well, we're not psychics. Even psychics aren't that psychic, right? Because life is changing constantly and ideas are changing constantly. Yeah, and so I consider a vision board to be maybe a year, or every six months or every quarter.
Speaker 1: Oh cool.
Speaker 3: And while you might have this larger vision in mind, it's really important that you go in and see what that is because it's going to change. Think life happens every single day. I do not think it should be something where you just create this giant idea and then never go back to it. You kind of have to walk the path and say, you know what I thought I wanted that it really wasn't that. Let me edit this, let me hone this, let me really determine what I want, and then it gives you these short term goals that you can kind of look back and say, I can see that I'm almost reaching that. Let me adjust it a little bit to see if I can get it a little bit better.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the classic vision board that I've worked with and I've had different people, and you know, this is evolving phenomenon. This is why I like your book as you're kind of taking it to with a different look and you're a different generation. Each generation has their own aspect, which is fantastic. But when you are starting your vision board, you are you have a goal in mind. Let's just say I'm looking for a new job. So let's work with what would be the image we we would begin collecting or thinking about that we would place on our vision board. So what would you.
Speaker 3: Say, Well, let's start even further before that, before you even put something on the board. You're looking for a new job, and I wouldn't even say go into the details of what that job is. You got to leave that out because again, life happens. You don't know what that job could be, right, You got to think about the feeling you want to have at that job.
Speaker 4: How do you want to feel when you go to work every single day?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, what are your values when it comes to where you want to work. How would you like your employer to treat you? You know what missions? How are you trying to give? And then from there it's going to give you a little bit of something different when it comes to actually looking at the images.
Speaker 4: Right, So instead of it being.
Speaker 3: You know, I want to work as a I don't even know why I'm saying this, but a car salesman. Okay, what you probably want to do is interact with people and make them happy by allowing them to have this process with you.
Speaker 4: Where you get them their dream car.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 3: So I would then look at images that had a lot to do with freedom, feeling free, feeling joyous, feeling that you're blessing other people, and then come from that aspect instead of trying to hone down something specific. If you focus instead on how you will feel when you are in that job, you are more likely to get a job that feels like that. And then as you're going through the interview process, you'll say, this job isn't right because it doesn't really match up with what I'm actually looking to do here, right, So I would look for images that are a lot more attributed to freedom and joy and bringing other people joy, and something with community, for instance, with something with a lot of people, something where the image is, you know, with someone else in the image showing that you're sharing your gift.
Speaker 1: I like that. Let's go back to the very beginning before we start, and you hint it on this. Before we start our vision board, you're recommending visualization, maybe getting some of the cobwebs out of your mind and tracking exactly what you want to manifest. Talk about visualization, what do we do well?
Speaker 3: First of all, I think you got to get yourself into a place where you are thinking from a positive mindset, right, So that might be meditation, that might be danced, that might be a wall. And then I want you to really hone in on the life that you want, and I think you take it chunk by chunk by chunk.
Speaker 4: So it might be focusing.
Speaker 3: And this is why it's in the order that it's in going house by house by house, because who I am is very.
Speaker 4: Close to where I want to work.
Speaker 3: And you know, what my values are are attributed to who I am and where I want to work, and all of these things flow in tandem. So first I think you should You can sit down, you can walk around, and you got to let the ideas come to you.
Speaker 4: Your brain is a radio signal.
Speaker 3: All of it's there for you. You don't really have to stretch or fire the neurons. You've got to let the receiving happen. And what we're trying to do is get you into a place of ritual, which is a place of reception, so that you can kind of get behind what you know you kind of really want to be. And sometimes the contrast of your life is the best example because then you can say, well, I know I don't want these things. I know I don't want this feeling. What's the opposite of that? What's the other thing? And one key thing that I like to tell people is to try to come up with one major buzzword, so one word that you can kind of go back to over and over again. For my relationship, I say, you know, I want my relationship to be holy. For my career, I wanted freedom. Freedom means something different to me than it does to other people. That means, you know, I want less bills, not more so. It's it's really coming up with when you're going through that visualization process. Number one is a lot of trust, knowing that you deserve to have the feeling that you're having. It's okay to want these things. It's okay to desire abundance, it's okay to desire freedom. We're not meant to be slaves and work like this. Right, you have to trust that these feelings that are coming to you, that are your deepest desires, are yours and you're allowed to have them.
Speaker 1: Well, you suggest before, and you do mention this in your book, doing some journaling before.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, if it's your thing, right, if you can if you're a journaler, then just start writing down what comes to mind.
Speaker 4: And that's where I started.
Speaker 3: I start with these major buzzwords that I got from just really considering the feeling. And then I also think that you flip through the book, read the sections. We've got something for every section to give you some ideas, especially for the houses. We talk about the I am the eye, value the eye, communicate the I grow, you know, and really try to in your best way. It's going to work specifically for you, because we're all beautiful, unique individuals. But journaling works for me. I use journaling. It might be talking to someone you know. It might be a friend that's going to bring up some ideas. It might be watching something that inspires you. Use what you got to get what you want excellent.
Speaker 1: I should let our listeners know that this Make a Vision Board is a collage book, and what you have done is taken one thousand plus images, place them in the book under a different second and titles, and basically say let her rip start out what you want.
Speaker 3: Shut it out, do not go through this book and then say, oh, the prettiest the image is soup pretty, I can't take it out.
Speaker 4: Rip the book up.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: Now, Originally we wanted to do the book in like a journal format so that you could keep everything together. But I love the idea of like, just like number one, I've created my vision board. If you can even see it back here a little bit.
Speaker 4: All of the images.
Speaker 3: Here I did not use, not one extra image at all from anything else. Everything came from the book, and I still have pages in the book that have not been used. But there's a couple of ways you could do it. You could play around with the idea of just flipping and using the universe to decide what page to start with. Or you can go section by section by section and say, you know what, I'm going to start here and then work around. Now, the other great thing about the book is that each section has the major ruler of the house, so Aris has a great Tarot image, and it has all of these amazing words, and that's a really good place to start because the words really help you determine before you go on to the rest of the images, kind of where you want to land. And you should be playing. Creativity is the language of God. It's all about creating, right, So don't take it so seriously. Have fun with it. Let it bring out the child like essence in you and be an artist even if you don't feel like an artist all the time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I like how you've made it very simple and basic and taken a lot of the craziness out of it. It's like, here's the photographs too, you know. And the other thing I find it as amazing is you got the publisher that publish this whole book and color. Oh yeah, how and the heck did you pull that off?
Speaker 3: I have no idea this was and this was an amazing process to build this book, to teach the publisher about manifesting. And you know, I can only cover so much in manifesting in a vision board book. The book would be this big if I was talking about manifesting from my perspective, But even just something as simple as the way that the images look when you're done with your board. Because of the color scheme, it's going to look so cohesive no matter what image you choose, which was my favorite part about it. I thought, oh wow, every single thing is absolutely cohesive. And you know, art likes to be looked at and it gives you a place for your eye to land.
Speaker 4: But it was really about coming up.
Speaker 3: With extensive lists of buzzwords and ideas, and we could have probably added thirty extra pages.
Speaker 1: It's totally amazing. Now, one of the things I admire is you didn't just post a bunch of photographs of different themes and objects and places. You provide the background of the board, which is fantastic, and also those of you listening, the weight of the paper is such that you don't need to find anything else. You can just it's at the back. Howk about that idea, because that's all it's your book, very.
Speaker 3: Unique, So here was the real emphasis of that. So what we wanted it is that you could feel like you could cut it out. So every first page is going to have smaller images that you can cut out, and the really cool part is like they've got this great outlines around them, so you could be a slocky cutter like me and it still looks good. And then on the back is a large image so that you might not be able to take that whole image because you have to cut the front, but you can get the essence of that back page still within it. So we made sure that you didn't have to choose too hard about what you could cut by ensuring that the back page was one large image and image in the front page was smaller images.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go through a scenario, and I want you to walk us through how we do this. So I'm looking for a new relationship and I've had hitten missages for the last year or two, and I am looking for miss right or somebody who's more cohesive in my lifestyle. So how do we So I do a little bit of note taking, perhaps for me, I'm going to process through some journaling and questions.
Speaker 3: You're going to ask yourself questions I'm going to ask you, and you're going to ask the right questions. You're not going to ask and you're not going to try to determine who this person is because again, those are variables you cannot okay, you can't figure that out. You're going to ask yourself, who do I want to be with this person?
Speaker 1: Okay, So how about some intention? Do we want to sprinkle some intention into the mix before we start our board or how do we work with that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: I would start off by trying to create it as a ritual. So you're going to take some time for yourself. You're gonna get a candle, you're gonna have some tea, You're gonna light your Palottle Santo or whatever you do to cleanse your space. You're gonna take a bath, You're going to really try to get yourself in a comfortable space. And you want to work from the manifestation zone, which is when your energy is accelerated. It's like the what Abraham Hicks would call it, be getting in the vortex. Okay, because all of the ideas are already there, it's not your job to come up with that part. It's your job to receive. And so what you're looking for is to start asking yourself questions like, when I'm around this person, how do I want to feel?
Speaker 1: Oh good? Who? You know?
Speaker 4: Who?
Speaker 3: Who is?
Speaker 4: Who is going to?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 3: What do I want to do with another human being? And these are start going to They're going to flow into your life. Questions are really important when it comes to your life and when you're manifesting, because it unlocks something new. So the first thing I always ask someone is, well, tell me who you want to be with another human being. And then if it's already going to start forging and developing this person that has to exist for you to be happy with them, right, You're not going to think about your past failures. You're going to think of them as lessons and you're going to call you turn your grievances into miracles. You're not going to think about what they look like, because you can't really determine what they look like. What you're going to think about are the parts that you can control. Who you are with that person, how you feel with that person, and from there, then you're going to go in and say, I want someone that you know I can go travel with. I'm looking for a great traveler. You're going to look through the travel section and you're gonna find pictures of two people holding hands, maybe looking at.
Speaker 4: The Eiffel Tower.
Speaker 3: You know the best part about collage is that you can take this image and this image and make your own scene, your own idea, maybe your perfect date, and then allow that to blow you to where you need to be.
Speaker 1: With so many images, Candice, in your book, is there a right or wrong image to select? I mean, is something that's over the top that you just should not go near?
Speaker 3: I would say it wouldn't be the image I would say not go near. I would tell you to stay away from notts and don't. So it's funny. I looked at a couple of my vision boards from before. I actually have a video of this on YouTube, and with my husband, I had on there like, you know, we're constantly seeking balance, and that was the worst thing to ever put on a vision board because we were constantly seeking balance and things kept being thrown at us for us to have to rebalance. Right. So it's like think about language like a spell. You really don't want to focus on things you don't want, the things you don't I put on there the people are stressed on my last one because I was trying to like really implement I have a skincare line, Luludi's Skincare, and I was trying to say, you know, I'm looking to heal the women's skin inside and out. And I said, you know, the women are stressed and I want to heal them. I came across a ton of stressed women. I don't want to say that again, you know. So it's all about looking at saying it from a direction of where you want to go, not where you don't want to go. I would say, because you what you ask, where you get the universe doesn't know no from Yes, it only knows energy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Talk about using keywords, because you do have keywords, and which words should you choose for this relationship we're wanting to manifest.
Speaker 3: I would use the word love, unconditional love. I would use even the word abundance when it comes to love is constantly being able to get get from it. I focused a lot on wanting my relationship again to be holy. A holy relationship means that I allow him to have his journey and I have my journey, and we appreciate each other for who we are. So it was really about trying to come up with I think love, I think comfort, I think safety. When you feel safe with someone, you're able to explore more and grow better together.
Speaker 4: And I love the.
Speaker 3: Word gross, which really determines, you know, being able to find each other again as you go, each on your own journey.
Speaker 1: Cool. Okay, So we have our vision board, we have the images, we have a few words here and there. We feel that it's done as we begin using our vision board. What are the techniques for manifestation that.
Speaker 4: You should well.
Speaker 3: Once you have determined what you want, it's your job to let it go and to allow the universe to flow right, So you have to let go of any expectations of what you want it to look like. You don't want to try to define anything from here. I keep my vision board out in the morning. I like to glance at it. That's why you make it beautiful, so it's something you actually want to look at. And then every day I get into the zone and I know that once I've looked at this and I know what my goals are, everything is going to come to me to achieve those goals. And now my job is to take in the synchronicities. Now, my job is to allow the universe to speak to me and to work in the direction as if it already happens to me. Means that I create from a sense of celebration. The creation. Once that idea comes into your mind, your pineal gland takes it, you get the image, your throat chopra takes it, you speak about it, right, It goes into the heart, does it align with you? It goes to the power center you know, and the power center I'm sorry, and you power up and you get behind it as in your personality as it behind it, and that unique quality that makes you you gets to merge with the idea. Then it goes into the emotional section and you got to deal with those false beliefs that may be blocking it from you. And then you take it down to the root center where you act in accordance with From there, your job is to act. It's saying, these things are going to come to me. And the great thing about it is there are only so many variables that you can control. Right, you work with the things that are in front of you in your projection, they're going to come to me. And it's my job now to fulfill the task of creating. So you're telling me.
Speaker 4: You want that job now, when jobs come.
Speaker 3: To you, right, your signal is going to be off, and it's your job to then go through with the action of actually fulfilling the task. And you keep coming back to it so that you can stay in alignment or be honest with you're saying, say that wasn't it. You can change it.
Speaker 1: Let's get into some metaphysics, because obviously vision boarding is not something that you sit on your computer and you do every day. I guess you could create a computer vision board, but you can use yeah, yeah, that's true. You could use pest. But what metaphysical techniques do you suggest we incorporate We talked a little bit about uh intention Uh, we didn't really talk about meditation. But what are you suggesting for those who are not metaphysically minded? What ritual we bring in?
Speaker 3: The magic about the ritual is the magic and really what it is is that you got to get all of your energy behind it, and the more time you take, the more energy you have put into it. Okay, So setting yourself up for success is utilizing the tools, and they are just tools are really considered just whatever you use is just your easy way to be able to believe. Okay. So if you think that going outside and clicking two sticks together is going to help your dreams come true, then you go outside and you click two sticks together.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: If you think that utilizing crystals is going to help your dreams come true, then you utilize the crystals. It's all about whatever you can get your belief system to actually partner with so that you can make it happen.
Speaker 4: But developing rituals is just a great way to.
Speaker 3: Spend time on something so that you can feel proud about what you've done. And you said, you know what I've covered X, Y, and Z. What else could go wrong if you're not meditation minded, And a lot of us really have a hard time with that in today's world. To sit down and center ourselves. There are so many ways breathing, exercises, dancing, walking, you know, playing with your pets, hanging out with your kids. Even just the act of cutting and is enough to make it happen. So when it comes to even just leaving space for more and allowing the miracle of the world or the universe to kind of show to you, I think that I like the universe to have to prove it to me. I can't prove it to the universe, and I can't believe something I've never seen, right, So now I've got to leave myself open for the magic to happen.
Speaker 4: And I want to be wowed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you want to be wowed me on the head so that I know this is what I'm supposed to do.
Speaker 4: Don't send me little whispers.
Speaker 3: I was real.
Speaker 1: Let's hear from some examples of you or some of your clients.
Speaker 4: Oh, baby, I have talked about.
Speaker 3: I've been whacked in the head so many times it's not even funny. So even how I ended up in Detroit. I was oh, oh, sorry, okay, there we go. Even when I ended up in Detroit. So I was living in New York, I was working in fashion. I was really lost. I hated my job. I hated going every day. I thought it was terrible. I didn't feel like I was utilizing my mind in the way that I wanted to. And I didn't know what to do. So I quit my job. I started working on a book called Sleeping with Manhattan, where I wrote about dating in New York all right. And I did this for a year and a half with zero money, okay zero, my friend move in.
Speaker 4: We were both just broke in trying and I.
Speaker 3: Really this is probably when I started trying to manifest, without knowing what the words were or that I was even doing that, but I knew that I wanted something more. Cut to me getting kicked out of my apartment, having to leave New York in a russ oh all of my belongings. It was so traumatic. Landed in Detroit at my mom's house, terrible time. Landed in Detroit to the stomach flew so bad. I couldn't even take my stuff from the movers. I had to move the movers coming. And then one day a good friend of mine sent me a book called The Alchemist, and that was probably I don't know what the book did. I just I just found it to be a great book. It's an excellent book if you haven't read it. And it was about a guy going on a journey and coming back home. So from there I sent an application to It was just a small little shop. I worked in retail for years when it before I worked in corporate fashion, so I could always go back and be a shop girl. So I went and got a job. I was going to just get a job at this cute little apothecary. And she saw my resume and said, what the hell are you doing? You're not a shop girl. You know how to do too much stuff. You know, I would have never known that she would have even looked into who I was. And she hired me to work on her website and to help develop everything online. So I started taking photos of the skincare and putting it online and all of this stuff. Another friend calls me and says, hey, I have a friend you should meet. Go meet her for coffee. You guys are both in Detroit. Your lover she's one of my best friends. I sit down with her and she's just complaining about, you know, I don't have anybody to work on my website. I don't have anybody to do this. I'm like, I can do that. I know how to do that stuff. I did that stuff with Sleeping with Manhattan. I built my website, had a podcast, I wrote a book. You know, all of a sudden, I had a consulting business. So two months later, I had a consulting business. I had a job, and I met my now husband. So it was with me struggling, and I didn't like, you know, when people say, you know, you got to do this manifestation right, No, you can stumble and scrape your way there. When you get to a place where you're ready to surrender, it'll all start flowing into existence. Even something as simple as my grandmother had passed maybe two years before I had left New York, and a check came in the mail for ten thousand dollars so I could buy a car. All of a sudden, I didn't expect any money from her. I didn't even think she had any money. So it was all of this stuff just kind of like unfolded in my life, and it really set me up for where I am today. I consulted women in business for seven years. Then I started a stinkcare company. I didn't know that that was going to happen. I never really wanted to do that. I didn't see that as my path. But it all happened for me and to me, and all I had to do was say, yes.
Speaker 1: Can you say that there were little bits and pieces of a vision board when this horrible New York trauma happened? And you're like, I guess I got to come home to my mom, God help.
Speaker 3: Me, God help me. Yes, I mean I would. I knew I wanted more. I knew there was more for me. I've always been a crazy magazine collector, so I would always always yeah, and I would always tear out images of things.
Speaker 1: You already had piles of magazines.
Speaker 3: Piles of magazines. I still have piles of images of things. It was a big U haul and it was you know what. The craziest part is, I don't even think I have half of that stuff anymore. It's so silly that I shouldn't have even brought it back with me, let it all go. If I'd known then what I knew now, right. But I've always been a ripper out of things. And it's even funny. Some of my biggest magazine piles are ideas that I use now are things that I didn't know.
Speaker 4: That's why I was doing it.
Speaker 3: I was just working out of I was just doing it because Oh I like that, Oh I want to live like that.
Speaker 4: You know my house.
Speaker 3: When I built my house with my husband, we built this house with our hands. Wow, you came to Detroit five years ago, you could buy a house for five thousand dollars. That's what we did. And the first thing that I did was make mood boards. Every room in this house looks like those mood boards, every room, and the things just start of falling into place. So it really does set you up to be able to determine.
Speaker 4: What it is that you want.
Speaker 3: What I often realize, especially with clients, is that they're afraid to ask for it. They're afraid to actually go get it. They're waiting for something else to tell them what they want, or something else to happen, which is how I ended up in you know, crappy jobs for years.
Speaker 4: It's like I.
Speaker 3: Accepted whatever would come to me out of desperation. But when I realized, you know what, I'm never going back to corporate America again. I never went back to corporate America again when I realized, you know what, I'm never dating another shlub. The next man I meet, if he's not my husband, I'm not even going to go there.
Speaker 4: That's how I met my husband. It's when you really.
Speaker 3: Start putting your foot down and say I deserve more than this. I should have more than this, and I deserve And when it comes to the projection, it's all you. All of this is us. It's all our own little bubbles. Okay, we all live in our own bubbles. This is my whole world.
Speaker 1: So this cont So when you were in New York, were you building a vision boards? Was it more that you would take images from your magazines and lay them around the different parts.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have called it a vision board because I wouldn't have known to call it that. I just had this great corkboard that I would I had a corkboard and I would just pin images up and it would always sit behind my computer. Just just things that excited me.
Speaker 4: And three natural vision border.
Speaker 1: Yeah, totally, I mean, and it's.
Speaker 3: What you're do in fashion. You know, when you're thinking about the next collection or you're working on that, you always pull tear sheets and images of what you want to do, and so it's it's been something that I've been naturally doing for years without realizing.
Speaker 1: I have to say, it's so funny you mentioned that you were in the fashion industry. This cover make a vision board, a manifest a manifesting collage book is very fashion forward looking. Yeah, I can see it influence everywhere, but.
Speaker 3: It just it again this. Do you think I was trying to make a vision board? Absolutely not. I had no idea that I was going to make a vision board. Somebody called me and said, you want to make a vision board? And I said, sure, I'll make a vision board. That sounds awesome. And it just unfolded so magically and with no stress, no stress, no worries, no self doubt. I didn't have time to have soaked out. Someone was contacting me and asking me a question. I answered it. And you know, it's often something I have to go back to. It's like looking at my wins to determine the next phase of my life. Is that you know, some of this stuff is just out of our control, and that's what is the magic is in that.
Speaker 1: We're going to take a short commercial break to allow our sponsors to identify themselves and we will return shortly with my guest today, Candice Johnson, speaking on her newest book, Make a Vision Board. We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Exported over sicking things that should.
Speaker 1: You come on the cross cool.
Speaker 3: Guys want to see.
Speaker 1: And all my friends what I will say, Kelly say. My guest today is Kennice Johnson. She is the author of Make a Vision Board, a manifesting college book, and one of the unique aspects of this book is filled with over one thousand images that you can simply trim and make your own board right away. You don't have to wait and look on your internet or your computer or go looking through magazines for images that you want. It's ready to go, which makes this quite a fun and rewarding task to create your own vision board. Does the energy of the vision board carry into other parts of your life? Say, we were just talking about relationships. Having a good relationship is amazing because it can really boost your confidence and a lot of other things. But does it bleed into other parts of your life?
Speaker 3: It bleeds into every part of my life. I focus on every single part of my life. Well, again, when you come up with these goals, then you have a place to go with it. Right, So if I'm in a place with my husband where I'm not in a great place with my husband, I can go back to these goals and say, well, my job here is to make it holy. It's not a criticizing about the dishes, you know, or I have to do it in a way that fits into X, Y and Z because I have a larger goal here. And when you have a larger goal of an idea of what you want, then you can filter your reality every single day to ensure.
Speaker 4: That it's fitting into that goal.
Speaker 3: You know, when it comes to my stepdaughter, it's all about trying to inspire her to and motivate her to be an honest and to have integrity. And so I can't really focus on those picky things that don't really have anything to do with that. It's always like, well, is this going to help with her honesty? Is this going to help with her integrity? Is this going to help her be the person that you know we want her to be growing up?
Speaker 4: No, then I got to drop it.
Speaker 3: And so it really if you use it for all aspects of your life, and you come up with this really key indicator of the emotion that you want behind something. It will keep you honest and it'll give you a place to lose uncertainty.
Speaker 1: Mm. So I was just thinking, I think a lot of relationships have to do with the self worth self.
Speaker 4: All of it.
Speaker 3: It's all self worth, it's all self sad examples.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And so if I was building a vision board, I might have a picture of my self smile or heart.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, you would have a picture of the heart. You would have a picture that indicates unconditional love. You might actually want to add the hard chakra exactly, you want to really focus on that area of even I would say this. I used to think that you know, if you don't love yourself completely, you'll never find the one. You'll find someone who will help you love yourself completely. You can find someone to partner with you to help you grow. But if you look at your partnerships as a crutch instead of as I would even say, an up leveling, it's an up leveling and it's another place where now you have a mirror of who you are, reminding you who you are constantly right and so most people think about getting the partner. Most people don't think about heaping the partner. Right, So once you if you really consider, you know, how do I.
Speaker 4: Want to live with someone every day? What does it look like when we're in our house team?
Speaker 3: That's a big one, yeah, exactly, because all you're really doing is eating and watching TV. Let's be real here, Okay, that's about eighty percent of your life and like in cleaning. So you really want to think, well, you know, is it a partner? Are we on equal levels? Do I need someone who's homewre than me? You know, what do you want to live with someone?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: What kind of comforts are you trying to bring in? It could be a picture of you sitting in front of a fireplace and two feet close together, and that says everything. That says I have safety, I have comfort, I have warmth. I feel good with this person. You know, I feel cozy with this person, and that is that.
Speaker 4: Is a holy relationship.
Speaker 3: So if you think about it from that perspective instead of what most people do is try to come up with a grocery list of ideas of what they think are physical, tangible results that they can reach. You've got to start thinking about where you want that person to fit in your life and how you want that person to merge with your heart.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about some of the I won't say bad, but less positive vision boards. Somebody who's desperate, whose mindset is in.
Speaker 3: They're going to have a pile of money and a Ferrari, and you know it's going to be a lot about the ego, yeah, and what they want other people to want from them, or what they think other people will be impressed with.
Speaker 1: Unattenable goals is what I would.
Speaker 3: Say, unattainable goals based on trying to fit into the desires.
Speaker 4: Of other people.
Speaker 3: And if you go from there, you'll never get it, or you'll get it and you'll be miserable.
Speaker 4: It's not going to make you happy. It's not your salvation.
Speaker 3: That's not where it is. So, you know, it's one thing to want beautiful things, because I think that the universe, everything in our actual the real tangible stuff that is real in this universe. Flowers they're gorgeous, right, Gardens they're gorgeous. The sun rising and setting every day absolutely gorgeous. So you do want to have things that make you feel good and feel inspiring in your life. And you know, driving a fancy car can feel real good and real.
Speaker 1: And so those are just objects. And we were talking about objects. It's like, how does that help the relationship?
Speaker 4: Doesn't It doesn't.
Speaker 3: It's all about coming up with you have to get beyond the ego.
Speaker 4: You have to put it aside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's one real thing about when you get into that accelerated state of energy or that vortex.
Speaker 4: Those things aren't there.
Speaker 3: It's you won't be able to put those that energy there, that frequency doesn't allow for the ego.
Speaker 1: Let me just stop you real quickly, and let's talk about how to modify can juste how to modify it? Because this is something that you brought up I thought was very good. You create a vision board, but it's not necessarily manifesting what you want or you're getting the wrong kinds of people or whatever. How do you begin modifying a current vision board?
Speaker 3: Or do you start to go in and you say, you don't start from scratch. I wouldn't start from scratchest. The next year, like why do all the work all over again? You go in and you say, you know what, it's not working for me, and you pull it off and you add something else there, or you can edit it. You can truly edit it. So if you SOI, for instance, I'm going to go back to when I had on there.
Speaker 4: You know the women are stressed.
Speaker 3: I definitely experienced that reality truly, And then I said, oh, that's why. If that's why, if you check up on it, it'll start, it'll click to you and you'll say, oh, okay, you pull it off, you get rid of it. You say, you know, this isn't what I wanted you adoardrip that image off the board.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, rip it off board.
Speaker 3: Release it. Contrast is a great lesson, So you thank it. Ah, that's why I don't want that. What do I instead want?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: So I don't want them to be stressed. I want them to be blessed. Right, And then you go in and you add and what you really want. Now at the end of the year, it doesn't make sense. Use it as a learning you're going to start a new board. Always date your boards too, because if you end up like me, you'll have a collection of them and you want to remember. But this is why it's so important. Give yourself some space if you need it, especially if you just created it. But always just go in and look at it, see how it's lining up with you on a day to day basis, and if it's act truly performing and doing what you want it to do.
Speaker 4: And if it's not, you have everything in life is supposed to be changed.
Speaker 1: Let me stop you real quickly, Cannie, because you you brought up somethly very important. If you look at your vision board every single day and you have images for different aspects, emotions, wins and whatever, how are you managing that in terms of are you looking for the feelings?
Speaker 4: Yeah, let me show you.
Speaker 3: I'll give you an example. So I'm looking for the feeling. So when I go to even my so this is my tent.
Speaker 4: House, which is all about career.
Speaker 3: And really what I have here is like wanting to have a ton of ideas. I have comfort, I have thriving, I have expertise, I have legacy. So it's really about the feeling. To get you jazzed up. It's to get you into the zone so that you can go out and say, Okay, this is what I want. This is what I'm trying to do here. It's not going to.
Speaker 4: It's it's all we to get you into.
Speaker 3: The sensation, to power you up for the day so that you can work in the direction based on the feeling that you know you're trying to get. So for me, I want to have a sense of authority. I want to feel like I'm thriving. Thriving may not always feel like money in the bank. Thriving might feel like an abundance of ideas flowing to me constantly that I can use right. Thriving might feel like just the way that I work, you know, I make skin care, being able to successfully make it and sit down and get it all done. That could be thriving.
Speaker 1: We should mention to our listeners that you are to have developed a skin care skincare product line looks like the vision board for that skin skin care.
Speaker 4: It's for everything. So this is my life's vision board.
Speaker 3: And what I'll probably do, because I have these vision board parties coming up, is I'll.
Speaker 4: Do very specific.
Speaker 3: Now you can do I have a life one that focuses on all twelve houses. It's really cool to then go in and hone in on one thing special. So then do a very specific tangible board for one thing. Okay, for Luluti Skincare, which is my skincare line, where we focus on trying to find the root cause. And because you know emotional balances and physical reactions they go hand in hand, we really try to look at the inside to heal your chronic skincare issues from the inside out, looking at yourself ward, looking at you know.
Speaker 4: How stressed you are.
Speaker 3: All of these things, and we use herbology and a natural skincare line to create a beautiful collection, if I must say so myself, of products that can help you throughout your life. But I even want to prior to one of these parties is go in and create a very specific LOUTI board. And when I create a l loute board, I'm going to focus a lot on how I feel when I'm making, how I feel, when I'm sharing how I feel, what I'm about, what I'm giving.
Speaker 4: I'm not going to focus on what I'm going to get from it.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's talk about timelines. We create a vision board, we've put it all together, we're looking at it every day and we're hoping, and we're pray.
Speaker 4: You hope and pray you gotta pray.
Speaker 1: When do we begin to modify? How long should we wait before we're beginning to modify the board.
Speaker 3: Well, I would wait about six months. You kind of want to see what's coming in, right, So what Yeah, I would see what's coming in because then you'll know.
Speaker 4: I would give it some time.
Speaker 3: I would not just go in and start ripping things up, because how do you know, it's just not you having a bad day. You kind of want to give it a little bit of space to say. You know, you know some days they're like, f all of this. I don't care about any of this, None of this is working. You got to give it some time. Then you know, you'll say you know what, and you know, when you're working on the board, I will say this, cut the images out. Do not lay anything down until you're done.
Speaker 4: Lay it all out.
Speaker 3: I mean, do not glue it all down. Lay it all out.
Speaker 4: Don't glue it.
Speaker 3: Down yet, give it some time before you actually glue things on the board.
Speaker 1: Is interesting. I have my board, I have my theme, which is what I want to manifest, and I find my images, my words, my keywords, power, animals, whatever, and I wait, I put them on the board, but I don't glue them down.
Speaker 3: And don't go it down. Just walk past it every day, you know, just look at it and say, I'm gonna move that. Give yourself some space to editor, Give yourself some space to edit.
Speaker 4: Look back at the book. Is there something else you want to add? You'd never know?
Speaker 3: Don't don't. Don't concretize anything immediately the ideas. Yeah, I did, I especially did. And what I did is, you know, I painted my board. I don't like a white board. I wanted it to be yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And then I went in and I laid everything down and I took maybe six hours to do the full like cutting out of things. But I went through this book and then I posted noted what I thought I wanted before I did it. Then I everything out and I just let it lay on the ground and I kept coming back to it and just, you know, casually, do I like this here? Do I like this there? You know, think of it like an art project, don't make it, don't rush it.
Speaker 1: So that's why I want to kind of locks it in.
Speaker 3: I guess, right, yes exactly, And then I said, this is my layout.
Speaker 4: This is how I wanted to look now out lay it down.
Speaker 1: It's kind of funny. I'm thinking fashion editor, fashion editor, yeah, magazine editor, exactly.
Speaker 3: I'm very into and art. I you know, I paint, I do pottery, I do all kinds of art. And this is just to me like a mixed media situation.
Speaker 1: For those of you listening, Kennice is an artist. I'm an artist. You don't need to be an artist. This book basically allows you to cut out the photos you want. And let me just tell you, this is what makes this book so amazing is that you've got a thousand photos to choose from, and if you don't like it, you can go on the internet get more the ones you don't have and put them on your board. But I'll tell you I looked through this book. It's pretty well stocked.
Speaker 4: It's really well stopped.
Speaker 3: And that's why we broke it down section by section, because then you can't there isn't something you didn't cover. The only thing I would say that I wish we could have added was maybe a page of like deities, right, so we would have had Green Tara, we would have had Buddha, we would have had Jesus, we would have had these different deities and you could utilize spiritual leaders. But add it to the board. You could even add feathers, you can add crystals. You might find something on a walk when you were thinking about your board, that inspires you add it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for those of you who are just lazy, and I have certain things that I'm just lazy, I don't want to deal with. This makes your life so easy. And I'm just going to say it one more time. It's all in the book. Now, all there, let's go one step further. And for the people who are listening going, I don't have time to do that, I just I don't work like that. What do you what do you expect me to do? What do you say to those people?
Speaker 3: Do you want to change your life? It's very that simple. I mean, you know, I'm not saying that the vision board is going to be the thing for you, but you're going to have to make some steps. You're going to have to do something and time. If you're not willing to give yourself time to change your life, you'll never change your life.
Speaker 1: Okay, I want you to give us your definition and how it works, explanation for this. How does this vision board work? Now? I I can say easily that it can. When you know what you want and you look at it enough and you have passion for it, you can manifest it. That's my version of it, but give us your version of it. Why you decided to develop this book and the and the When I say metaphysical, it's like working with the higher self. Have skull. You can go one step further and say there are divine beings that we incarnate with, and I mean give us your rendition.
Speaker 3: I think that it is about defining the terms for what you want your reality to be.
Speaker 4: This is your projection. It all belongs to you.
Speaker 3: You have to decide what you want if you want to get it. The only way to do that is to lay it out and define it. And once you have decided, everything in the universe will move with you with you. But you have to be willing to take the To take the you have to be brave enough to say, you know what, this is where I want to live, this is what I want to do, this is who I want to be. And you've got to be brave enough to say, you know, this is how I want people to see me, this is how I want to spend time with other people, and I want to live. But the reason most people aren't is because then they have to move things in their life because it didn't work out. You know, they're going to have to change some things in their life based on what they say they want. But I think that the vision ward works because it allows you to utilize the pineal gland from an outside perspective. Right, It gives you a place to put that visualization. Everybody's not good with their imagination.
Speaker 4: And it gives me.
Speaker 1: Candice because it's like, that's the master psychic.
Speaker 4: Tool, that's your master, that's your radio signal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's what's sending the energy to me.
Speaker 3: That is what is literally it's just flowing through you. You got to catch it and you got to say that's what I want. Then you take it. You make it so yours that no one else could do it like you. And that's where this is and it really is about it. And I put in the book you got to expect it collected projected. That's a very simple way to determine, like how to manifest. But if you don't think if it came in here, it belongs to you, you get to have it, so put it out there.
Speaker 1: Talk about timelines because I think where a lot of people tend to have problems as they expect too soon.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, I mean even I get pissed if I don't get it too soon.
Speaker 4: Right, But time is not.
Speaker 1: Real talk about because this is your book.
Speaker 3: And yes, time is not real. You can't use time. Time and space have to line up together for things to work out.
Speaker 1: But if somebody walk down the.
Speaker 3: Street and the guy comes down the street and he gives you the idea, and then the idea flows, you have to leave space for more. My favorite way to consider this is to think about when you're pregnant and you're ingestation are you not doing something or is your body building nerves and bones and tissue and the brain of the baby. Right, So even when you're not moving there, everything is moving around you. You have to leave space for more to come in good idea, good thing that you know. I have courses on my website about like chakras. I have a course out there about how to just all about energy and you know how to everything about energy and how to utilize the energy, and you know how to use it to preserve and protect your energy. I will say I worked on that for three or four years. When I first started working on it, I was so freaking frustrated because I was trying to finish it, like in five seconds. Right, I'm that kind of person. You know, I'm a fire sign. I want to get it done. Do you know what I've learned in the three years that when I went back to it, I had so much more knowledge acquired that I wasn't even intentionally trying to get for it, but it just came to me. I had been reading, I've been studying, and i'd been doing my work that if I had put it out before, it would have been missing a lot of key components that needed time to get to me. So you've got to leave space for more to happen, because you're not the only one involved, right. You got to leave space for the job that you want to show up. You got to leave space for you to go to the dinner party. You know, that's how I met my husband. Someone invited me to a random dinner party. He was sitting across from me. You got to leave space for other parts to start filling in so that you know when to actually fire or you know when actually move.
Speaker 4: To the next level.
Speaker 3: But if you don't give yourself that space, all you're really doing is selling yourself short.
Speaker 1: So you have you're talking about having patience.
Speaker 3: Patients, patients patients, patients patience and patience is you can think of it as patients. But when you're thinking about it from the perspective of gestation, you know that things take time. It takes nine months, ten months technically the big baby, right, But you know that that entire process is not in vain, that something else is happening in the background to actually make it so that you can give birth. So if you instead of thinking as you need to have patience, you should be getting yourself ready for the dream? How are you preparing yourself for these things to actually manifest?
Speaker 1: I want to take it one step further, Candice. I want to use another analogy, and I want you to fill in the blanks. I call it know the signs. What are the signs that this is manifesting in the manner that you want? So talk about that, because when you are a new bie to this phenomenon, you don't know your.
Speaker 4: Power ideas, ideas ideas.
Speaker 1: So to talk about the signs of your vision board manifesting in the way you want.
Speaker 3: You have to be open to the ideas that flow to you constantly. Okay, how many times are you thinking? So to give you an example of even just every single day I wake up. My favorite way to work is to do a breathing exercise that gives me in a really good space to do meditation. So I do Breathe with Sandy on YouTube. I do a breathing exercise for about fifteen twenty minutes. Then I sit down and I meditate, and then I ask. You know, I'm a course of miracle students, so I ask God, what am I supposed to do today?
Speaker 4: Out bum off and you know, have.
Speaker 3: Breakfast or tea or coffee or whatever, and something will come to me, you know, what will be a good idea. It literally starts like that. If I had a micro Needlenk course on my website, it flows as an idea first because it comes through the crowd shocker, and it goes to the pineal Gwen, you'll get an idea. Another way it will happen is a book will come to you. You'll hear something online and you'll perk up. Don't ignore the perk, right, You'll say, oh, that's so funny. That was something I was thinking about earlier. Kell, Yeah, that was something you were thinking about earlier. It came to you, so you have got to leave space for it. To come to you.
Speaker 4: You will miss it.
Speaker 3: If you don't, you will disregard it. If you don't, you will self doubt if you don't. You have to just know that it's all flowing to you. Everything comes from within. So when you to me, the universe usually speaks to me in an idea. So it'll just it'll pop in my head as to the silliest thing that I never even thought to do before, and now I want to do it right, and then I get excited.
Speaker 4: And that's how I know.
Speaker 3: I'll start getting excited about it, and I can come up with many different ways to do it. So if you can leave space for the idea, you can leave space for more to happen. You're and it's going to be like you're driving down the street. You'll see a billboard. I don't know why that keeps happening. Okay, you're driving down the street. You'll see a billboard. All of a sudden, you'll think, Huh, isn't that funny? I was thinking about that. Know that that's a sign. Know that it's all literally morphing and changing and forging as you move through it, your reality trying to get you to do it.
Speaker 4: Everybody wants you to do it.
Speaker 3: No, everyone and your reality will wait for you, okay, because time is not real.
Speaker 4: It's all sitting there waiting for you to receive it.
Speaker 1: Interesting. I really like that. As we conclude, this has been fun. By the way, thank you, I'd like you to select a handful of one or two, if not more. A client are people that you've helped build a vision board and how it resulted in what they were looking for.
Speaker 3: Well, the first is probably my first client who wanted to create a spa in Detroit, a spa and she wanted She was a massage therapist and she just had a little space that she was using and she wanted to create this really major spa. So I worked with her and even I look, let me tell you the truth. Another really good way to do a vision board is do a business plan because you had to think of everything.
Speaker 1: That's kind of a That's funny. That is a vision vision board, isn't it.
Speaker 3: That's a vision board.
Speaker 1: You guys, every company.
Speaker 3: Freaking think how much money you need, how much of this you need, what things that you need? She has the best spa in Detroit. She sold out every single week. But we sat down and we developed that together, and it was really pulling these ideas from her.
Speaker 4: About what she wanted.
Speaker 3: I have actually had another client that actually started a skincare line before I even started my skincare line.
Speaker 4: She started her skincare line, and it.
Speaker 3: Was sitting down and really going through the false beliefs because the false beliefs are the thiefs right and say you can do this. Everything will show you that you can do this. Just start the process. So and so even just yea telling her, like you want to you want to write a book, start writing the day yond book. Who cares if no one? Just write, sit down at your computer and start. She has a great silk and honey, it's a great selection of she makes it where it's like a DIY skincare line. Every client that I have. It's funny that I think about it now, but I was even when I was consulting, I was manifesting right. Ekubox is another client that I had who was designing these gift boxes where she wanted to do, uh, just great gift boxes for people to use and for her. Again, it was this idea that uh, you know, stress is a killer, and stress will have you thinking that you have to wake up at six am and go to bid at ten eight pm and contribute to hustle culture and really what we are culture culture. You know, it's like I got to kill myself to get this dream out, and I said, you know, it's actually what's blocking you.
Speaker 4: Because now you're force force force, force force.
Speaker 3: When have you taken time to just sit still and allow something to come to you. If you think of it like you're moving through time so quickly you haven't given space to anything to actually flow through you. You're trying so hard to forge your destiny when your destiny is actually there already and all it's asking you to do is receive and collect. So we have to really work on reducing the stress, reducing the false belief. And this idea, especially for small business owners, which is one of my favorite people to work with because you know, it's just my thing and I think small business is like the future of the world that's going to help save the world. But this idea that you think that you have to work super hard and do it every single day and kill yourself and strive so hard and keep going for it and keep for and fortant, when really you have to leave space for something to actually come for you, and you have to stop believing in the height. If I'm not on Instagram doing this, then I'll never get it. If I don't have ads on Google and spending ten thousand dollars, then I'll never get it. If I'm not doing this that all of your destiny podcast name your destiny. It doesn't require any of that. It requires you to show up. You know. It's so funny because even when I started my skincare line, I was in that boat where I have to do this, I have to do this, I have to do this.
Speaker 4: I had a consulting business.
Speaker 3: For seven years. I had never done one piece of advertising. It had thirty five clients all across the United States and even out of the United States.
Speaker 4: All I have to do is know that I could do this and know that I was giving giving.
Speaker 3: That's the secret here. What are you doing to share something? What are you doing for other people? How are you giving? Once you start putting that part in it, it all is going to flow to you like river.
Speaker 1: And You're just funny because when we are of service, when you are, you can almost manifest anything.
Speaker 4: Just everything.
Speaker 1: I am of servile.
Speaker 3: I am of service when you stop thinking about yourself and about the clothes you want and the car you want and the house you want, and you start thinking about the blessings you can give to other people. When you start saying, you know what, I need a company so that I can employ people, so they can get paid well, so they can have good insurance, so they can take care of their families, then the universe says, that's exactly what we need, because this is what we need in the world right now. And I do not think we live in a world anymore that is allowing selfishness to get everything. I think it is requiring service to others, Okay, to actually receive.
Speaker 1: I wanted to pick your brain a little bit about this friend, this client that wanted to open a spa. Did you help her? What were on her Uh? What were some of the specific images and words on her vision board? Do you remember?
Speaker 3: I mean we had images of really great saunas that were sawn us. Yeah, she had saunas there had We drawn it out a couple of times, actually, and I think drawing is another really great way to manifest, by the way, So we were.
Speaker 4: Drawing it all out and laying it all out on.
Speaker 3: Paper, of like what it would look like, what it would feel like, live plants were in there, and she really was. At first it was this small, tiny idea and then it just expanded into this place that I think in employs like fifteen people in this book twenty four to seven. But it all started on paper of just like pulling the saunas that we wanted, pulling all the information for the saunus that we wanted. How much did those saunas cost? Put the price on there, because you need to know the price. You got to have the money to do this, Okay, so how much do you want to charge?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: So what else do you want in this space? You can visualize in that direction, just like with the house. If you actually go in and you start laying it out on paper, exactly what you need.
Speaker 4: Tell me, the universe won't bring it to you.
Speaker 3: You'll be amazed, You'll be like and then it might even come to you in a way that you weren't expecting. You end up getting thirty percent off that saun and you thought was going to cost you ten thousand, It costs you seven, it costs you five. You know, somebody gives you something you didn't know that you needed it, and now you've got all of these tools that it used to start collecting. You start collecting and let that be the way that the universe shows you. Let the universe make the next move. You decided, you plan it out, you leave it alone. Then you say, okay, now I need you to move your chest piece because I'm not moving anything else until you show me this is really what it is.
Speaker 1: And so with the timeline that was created, what was when did she manifest this? Did she do it? Oh?
Speaker 4: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: I think it took maybe two and a half years. And we ended up winning a grant for fifty thousand dollars for the building.
Speaker 1: You've had a building.
Speaker 3: We had a building, and in Detroit we have a thing called MotorCity Match. So she ended up getting fifty thousand dollars for her build out. Wow, so free money. We did that together too.
Speaker 1: So when you say build out, they take she has to get a construction or engineered plan and building it out well mm hmm, she's got an architect.
Speaker 4: Yep, we had an architect that was in the business plan.
Speaker 3: She we knew a guy, you know, but like then she called a guy that she had a boyfriend.
Speaker 4: At the time who was actually able to build things.
Speaker 3: They're not even together anymore, but he was there for that process, you know, so come and help me. And I remember it was when we were going through the process of MotorCity Match. I don't know how many people entered, maybe fifty sixty. We didn't think she we didn't know she was gonna win. But she had laid every it was. It was ready for her. She was ready for it. I will say that too. She's a great boss. She has the best massage therapist she has. You know, you go in there, you feel at home. And she was really ready for this dream to unfold. And I don't think it was three years before the building was open. And it's here now and it's where all of us go. It's the place to be.
Speaker 1: I was going to say a Spaser considered upper echelon types of comfort zone. You know, people who have a lot of extra cash they can spend, you know, so here in San Francisco they come and go. There's some of that are been around a lot longer than a few years. But that's kind of a challenging.
Speaker 4: You can't get an appointment in this place.
Speaker 1: So she really did it right.
Speaker 3: You can't get an appointment in this place, and she's the only one that I will let me do my massage.
Speaker 1: She doesn't even worry, So what touches my body? Oh?
Speaker 3: She her. She's the messius too, so she was already doing the massages. But she doesn't even do massages anymore. She told me the last time I saw her, I think I'll come back to work every other Tuesday, so, you know, just to give you an idea, I have to book with her maybe on a Tuesday, for the three hours that she decides to work, because this place is running for her.
Speaker 4: She does not have to be there where.
Speaker 3: Actually, she's actually considering opening a second location and I'm thinking of working with her and some things with Luludi for that.
Speaker 4: But this is what I mean when I.
Speaker 3: Say that she was ready. She knew how to massage, she was ready, She was ready to ask.
Speaker 4: For the money.
Speaker 3: She was ready to do anything to make this dream of reality. And a lot of it was dealing with this idea that how can I do this? How am I going to make this work? And it all just started flowing to her.
Speaker 1: So how many employees does she have?
Speaker 3: She's about fifteen, because she's got to Yeah, she's got messus, she's got the people at the front, she's got the saunas that you can go into no matter who you are, Like if you don't get a massage, you can still go get a sauna. And it's not a giant place, but it is a staple in Detroit. It's not something that's going anywhere. So it's like it's a great community. It's got an excellent reputation. It's just where everybody goes.
Speaker 1: I love to hear those kind of stories. The book's called Make a Vision Board, a manifesting collage book. My guest today's been Canis Johnson. Tell us how they people can get a hold of you. What's your website?
Speaker 3: You can find me on luludiskincare dot com. It's lo oul o u d I skincare dot com. And I just started a podcast it's called of Course. It's Miracles. Of Course in Miracles podcasts you can find that wherever love those are. Thank you. We have energy healing updates every single month and then I do a deep dive on major topics from a course in miracles, like what is a projection?
Speaker 4: What is the ego?
Speaker 3: When it's really fun I read that Nakamadi and all of the different ancient texts to really give people a great background. But you can always find me Atluludiskincare on TikTok and on Facebook, and I'm always there talking about skin healing and acne and rosation and all the things.
Speaker 1: Perfect And are you on YouTube to.
Speaker 3: Give some I am on YouTube at ludiskincare dot com and everything kind of funnels through that YouTube, so you can find every single thing there.
Speaker 1: I's going to say, giving people lessons on building a vision.
Speaker 3: Board on YouTube, yes, and we have on there how to not only build your vision board, but I actually have more videos coming on how to use it to manifest with the moon. Because my vision board is in the shape of my natal chart. It has my natal chart in it, so I teach people how to use it from their astrology. Now you can keep up with it with the planet.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, that'd be great to do a YouTube video on using your needle chart, using your various key houses.
Speaker 4: Told absolutely, and aligning it with who you really are.
Speaker 3: And then when we do our vision board parties, my main focus there is to teach you about it from the astrological perspective. So that you can really hone in on what the vision is before you lay anything down.
Speaker 1: What's what's a vision board party?
Speaker 3: I heard that it's going to be about a three hour party where we sit down, we talk about the astrology, we talk about what each house means. I give you a space to journal there, we go over any questions that you have.
Speaker 4: The book is there.
Speaker 3: Everything you need to make the vision board is there, and you have a good time and you really build your dream out. And that's what my gift to the world is.
Speaker 1: That's so cool. So as a freebee, it's like you're kind of giving back to your clients.
Speaker 4: And your Yes.
Speaker 3: Now I'm to be charging for this because I have to buy you know, cutters and glue and sticker. We have all of the stuff, but I'm bringing everything to you. You only have to bring yourself. The book will be yours. The glue, everything that you need will be in that room with you. And I actually have two events planned in New York, a few in Detroit, and then I'm actually coming to San Francisco because some friends there want to throw me a vision board party.
Speaker 1: Oh excellent, Hey, this is great. Well, hey much success. This book just came out. You can see it on it's everywhere on Amazon, and yeah, it's actually very big, but it's filled with it's packed with good stuff. It's a party, Kennice, was a pleasure. Much success to you, and let's have you back and in a year or so just to see how manifest Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's talk about what I got going on next, because I got a lot of big things I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Do real fun.
Speaker 4: All right, cheers, Thank you so much, Cliff, have a great day.
Speaker 1: Just to highlight this new book, Make a Vision Board a manifesting collage book. It is self contained. I've never seen anything like this before. And when I say self contained, you literally can take a pair of scissors and a glu stick and use the book itself. Go through the book the various sections and cut out photographs, paste them down, add the words, add the sentences, use a pen and write in an affirmation you're done. The biggest problem is when you create a vision board is actually finding the photographs. And she's brilliantly eliminated that problem. So this book just came out. You can get it on an Amazon. It's a big book and it's packed with photos, packed with data and all the techniques are in the beginning, and she's gotten real smart. Nothing is long and drawn out. There's brief descriptions of how to visualize, how to create the vision board, making a vision board, manifesting techniques, and then specifics on partnerships, pleasure. She's got a whole list of things her career and so forth. So Kansas has done a good job and she's kind of taken it to the next level. Most vision board books do not provide the photographs. You have to find your own photographs. This has made it so you can do a vision board in a matter of well, you probably need and you had to set aside at least an hour. I give it an hour to get a good board started. So make a vision board. I love it. So we had to have her back to see some of the manifestations that her clients have unfolded using her techniques. Hey, if you're thinking about getting away for a week, why don't you consider coming with us to Mexico for these Sacred Temples of Mexico Tour. It's gonna be November eighth through the seventeenth. We all meet in Merida, the capital of Yugatan, and then we're gonna go and we're gonna visit some of the most iconic temples, pyramids, and civic areas that the Maya have ever created. The Yucatan is noted for some of the most outstanding architectural design cities. But what's even more important is many of these are extremely old and they can be linked to some of the temples and pyramids that have been found off the Bimini coast by William Donado about ten years ago, as well as Greg Little. Greg and his wife Laurie found very similar underwater pyramid is off the Biminy coast using sit scan sonar. So when we go to these places, not only are the ancient ancient ancient ancient, uh there's still power, there's uh trolleric energy. They're sitting on lay lines and this is a wonderful place to do manifestation, to do healing, and just to fill the juice. So for the full itinerary all the details go to Earthancients dot com forward slash tours, look for the Mexico Pyramid. It's gonna get, it's gonna be It's remember it's November eighth through the seventeenth, and so short one week tour, but we pack a ton of visits in there, and we're with our friend Mimo Gonzalez, who was a second generation tour expert. He knows all the ins and outs, and that means we're also going to see some sites that you typically don't get to see as a general public person. Well, love it so, Sacred Temples of Mexico November eighth through the seventeenth, come out and join us for all the detail else Earthagents dot Com Forward Slash Tours. All right, that's it for this program. I want I think my guest today, Candice Johnson, just releasing her new book, Make a Vision Board, a manifesting collage book with over a thousand images. I can't. I mean, I'm still kind of amazed at that. It's a great idea. There's always the team of Gail Tour, Mark Foster and everyone who makes this thing happen. You guys rock all right, take care of me well, and we will talk to you next time.