Speaker 1: Who who Look who the cat dragged back in today getting and screaming. I'm sure none other than the dragon. Redbeard, Boy, Dragon, you were really really missed by the listeners. Glad to have you back. Hope that sight seeing and the rain was good, and uh, we really appreciate you.
Speaker 2: I am slightly concerned how the numbers were around here without me the ratings, because there were two or three Michael Brown listeners on that trip.
Speaker 3: No one of the things seems so quiet. Yes last week, let's go first to Fox News Jennifer Griffin and more.
Speaker 4: According to the President. The other thing I can point out, Brett, is that this is an operation. In the last eighteen years since I've been at the Pentagon, I've never seen.
Speaker 5: Such operational security.
Speaker 4: There was nobody speaking about this any of the preparations. There was a complete lockdown, almost a blackout of information for the last few days. I'm sitting here in the Pentagon right now, I can tell you the hallways are empty and all of the information is coming right now out of the White House. That is a significant achievement because there were no leaks about the timing. Now, sometimes I think those who a lot of the flight trackers, the open source intelligence flight trackers. That flight radar did indicate some of the when the B twos took off from white men, but again, nobody really expected that it would take place this evening. If you looked at the moon schedule, you might have had a clue because it was a waning crescent and almost a new moon on the twenty fifth, so it would have been very very dark over Iran tonight, and you need that in order to.
Speaker 5: Bomb.
Speaker 4: That's the ideal condition for something like a B two that is, yes, itself stealth, but it still has to be escorted in in case any Iran were to put up any planes or there were any opportunities to fire on those B twos, which are such valuable and very very special planes. Only the US military has this kind of weaponry and this capability. No other country in the world could have carried off what occurred tonight at those three uranium enrichment sites in Iran.
Speaker 6: Jen You're exactly right on the operational security here and the fact that there were obviously some red herrings.
Speaker 5: And in a world where decisions.
Speaker 6: Are made and the world digests the decision even before it's made because of social media, and everyone's watching everywhere. This was a pretty amazing operation when you start thinking that the President said within two weeks, we are two days from within two weeks, and this happened with a post on truth social and no other word. Really getting out ahead of that is pretty stunning.
Speaker 3: It's very it's extraordinarily stunning. Traditionally, operations like this you inform the Speaker of the House, the Senate Majority Leader, and then the chairman's of the Intel Committee, the Armed Services Committee, and perhaps a couple of the oversight committees. My understanding is they only informed the Speaker of the House and the Senate Majority Leader, John Thune, and I think that's completely reasonable. Can you imagine now you're going to hear in just a minute, raging Cajun Dan Kine, the chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff, describe exactly how this operation took place, Operation Midnight Hammer, in which we now, according to Trump, but you know he's prone to hyperbole, we obliterated the three nuke sites. Of course, Drudge is running this morning with the headline that says, satellite imagery underwrites Trump's claim attack obliterated nuke sites. Well, nobody knows yet. Because nobody's been down into the tunnels, nobody's been underground to see what's happened. So look, everybody just chill out for a moment. But back to the op sect, the operational security. I find it utterly fascinating because if indeed, just I'll pose the question, I'm not going to answer before we all pose the question to you, if the President, or the Deaf sect, or the Secretary of State or anybody else the VP Potus himself had informed other than the Speaker and the Senate Majority leader. And I'm not even sure when that may have been done only after the operation started, or maybe after only after the bombs had been dropped, I don't know. But had it been done before, as is traditionally done Republican or Democrat alike, I don't care. I mean, we controlled both houses, so the chairman would have been obviously Republicans. Would you have trusted them to keep their mouths shut? Would you? I would not have trusted them in the least, not in the least would have I trusted them. So I think the fact that they were able to pull this off the way they did is truly fascinating. Now I want to get now to General Dan Raisin Kane, who gives a detailed breakdown of Operation Midnight Hammer. More than one hundred and twenty five US military aircraft are involved. Large B two strike package left the continentally the United States on midnight Friday. This is just in terms of execution, in terms of logistics, in terms of hey, let's just go kick the Dorian and let's you know, kind of like you know, one of our taxpayer release shots. Let's just blow them back out of the house, and then let's turn around and go home. That's precisely what occurred.
Speaker 5: This orders.
Speaker 7: US Central Command, under the command of General Eric Carilla, executed Operation Midnight Hammer, a deliberate and precise strike against three Iranian nuclear facilities.
Speaker 3: Listen closely to the language now he's reading prepared remarks, but they have taken great pains. Every single word has been carefully chosen not just for political domestic political consumption, but for international consumption. Also.
Speaker 7: Last night, on the President's orders, US Central Command, under the command of General Eric Gorilla, executed Operation Midnight Hammer, a deliberate and precise strike against three Iranian nuclear facilities. This was a complex and high risk mission carried out with exceptional skill and disciplined by our joint force. I want to thank every service member, planner, operator.
Speaker 5: That made this mission possible.
Speaker 7: Their actions reflect the highest standards of the United States Armed Forces. This operation was designed to severely degrade Rand's nuclear weapons infrastructure. It was planned and executed across multiple domains and theaters with coordination that reflects our ability to project power globally with speed and precision. At the time and place of our nation's choosing, this was a highly classified mission, with very few people in Washington knowing the timing or nature of this plan. I'll refer you to the graphic on the side as I walk you through some of the operational details. At midnight Friday into Saturday morning, a large B two strike package comprised of bombers launched from the continental United States as part of the plan to maintain tactical surprise. Part of the package proceeded to the West and into the Pacific as a decoy, a deception effort known only to an extremely small number of planners and key leaders here in Washington and in Tampa. The main strike package comprised of seven B two Spirit bombers, each with two crew members proceeded quietly to the east with minimal communications. Throughout the eighteen hour flight into the target area, the aircraft completed multiple inflight refuelings. Once over land, the B twos linked up with escort and support aircraft in a complex, tightly timed maneuver requiring exact synchronization across multiple platforms in a narrow piece of airspace, all done with minimal communications. This type of integration is exactly what our joint force does better than anyone else.
Speaker 5: In the world.
Speaker 7: At approximately five pm Eastern Standard Time last night, and just prior to the strike package entering Iran, a US submarine in the Central Command Area of responsibility launched more than two dozen Tomahawk land attack cruise missiles against key surface infrastructure targets at Esfahan. As the Operation Midnight Hammer strike package entered Iranian airspace, the US employed several deception tactics, including decoys as the fourth and fifth generation aircraft pushed out in front of the strike package at high altitude and high speed, sweeping in front of the package for enemy fighters and surface to air missile threats. The strike package was support by US Strategic Command, US Transportation Command, US Cyber Command, US Space Command, US Space Force, and US European Command. As the strike package approached for dou and Natance, the US protection package employed high speed suppression weapons to ensure safe passage of the strike package, with fighter assets employing preemptive suppressing fires against any potential Iranian surface to air threats. We are currently unaware of any shots fired at the US strike package on the way in. At approximately six forty pm Eastern Standard time two ten am a Ran time, the lead B two dropped two GVU fifty seven massive ordnance penetrator weapons on the first of several aim points at four doh As the President stated last night, The remaining bombers then hit their targets as well, with a total of fourteen mops dropped against two nuclear target areas. All three Iranian nuclear infrastructure targets were struck between six forty pm.
Speaker 5: And seven h five pm Eastern time.
Speaker 7: Again, that's about two ten in the morning local time in Iran, with the Tomahawk missiles being the last to strike at Esfahan. To ensure we retain the element of surprise throughout the operation. Following weapons release, the midnight Hammer strike package exited Iranian airspace and the package began its return home. We are unaware of any shots fired at the package on the way out. Iran's fighters did not fly, and it appears that Iran's surface to air missile systems did not see us. Throughout the mission. We retained the element of surprise. In total, US forces employed approximately seventy five precision.
Speaker 5: Guide of weapons during this operation.
Speaker 7: This included, as the President stated last night, fourteen thirty thousand pounds GBU fifty seven massive ordnance penetrators, marking the first ever operational use of this weapon. I know that battle damage is of great interest. Final battle damage will take some time, but initial battle damage assessments indicate that all three sites sustained extremely severe damage and destruction. More than one hundred and twenty five US aircraft participated in this mission, including B two stealth bombers, multiple flights of fourth and fifth generation fighters, dozens and dozens of air refueling tankers, a guided missile submarine, and a full array of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance aircraft, as well as hundreds of maintenance and operational professionals.
Speaker 5: As this secretary said.
Speaker 7: This was those largest B two operational strike in US history and the second longest B two mission ever flown, exceeded only.
Speaker 5: By those in the days following nine to eleven.
Speaker 7: Well prior to the strike, General Carilla elevated force protection measures across the region, especially in a Rock, Syria and the Gulf. Our forces remain on high alert and are fully postured to respond to any Iranian retaliation or proxy attacks, which would be an incredibly poor choice.
Speaker 5: We will defend ourselves.
Speaker 7: The safety of our service members and civilians remains our highest priority. This mission demonst rates the unmatched reach, coordination, and capability of the United States Military. In just a matter of weeks, this went from strategic planning to global execution. This operation underscores the unmatched capabilities and global reach of the United States Military. As the President clearly said last night, no other in the no other military in the world, could have done this. I joined the President and the Secretary and being incredibly proud of the air crews, Naval forces, cyber operators, planners and support teams and commanders who made this mission possible. It is their skill, discipline, and teammate teamwork that makes this operation possible. I am particularly proud of our discipline related to operational security, something that was of great concern to the President, the Secretary General, Carilla and me, and we will continue to focus on this. As we stand here this morning, many assets are still airborne and we have hundreds deployed. I asked that we keep our warfighters on their way home and our deployed service member in our thoughts. Our joint Force remains ready to defend the United States, our troops, and our interests in the region.
Speaker 5: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Logistics, capabilities, operational security. It shows that when we want to do something and we want to do it in and out quickly, effectively, and try to minimize any opportunity for retaliation which can still occur, but for any sort of immediate retaliation to protect those that were in the skies, and on the basis that we can do this despite all of the other peripheral issues we'll talk of out today. You know, Oh, my gosh, does the President have the authority to do this? Oh, this is a violation of the constitution. Oh my gosh, this is a violation of the War Powers Act. Everybody take a deep breath, because if you think that this is a violation of the War Powers act then you maybe have slept through the past. I don't know, twenty five years or so. I don't think that it is, and I'll walk through and explain why. But I think what you know, Trump's headed over to the g twenty or not he headed to NATO. He's headed to NATO. I think tomorrow and despite what Macron or Starmer or anybody else may be saying publicly, privately, they will be saying thank you, thank you now for domestic political reasons, For their own personal political reasons, they may say the exact opposite public Publicly, everybody is saying thank you. This is the role that the most powerful nation on earth must play, whether we like it or not. This is what we need to do now. I don't think it's over with. I don't know what. I've got speculation, just as every other armchair expert has right now speculation about what they think may be coming next. You know, we watched after the we toppled Saddam Hussein. We watched people you know, rejoicing in the street, only only to what only to see one military junta replaced by another military junta. So I would just caution and we don't get too excited. But I would encourage us to just recognize, irrespective of all of the other issues that surround this one operation, at least revel in the operation, at least revel in the ability of the United States, as he said, to strike anywhere in the world at any time of our choosing. And that's precisely what we did. And you compare that to the past four years of appeasement. Holy cow, at least with regard to the US military. It's back, baby, It's back now. When we get back. Lots of issue war powers. What's going to happen on the ground in Iran next, what's going to happen domestically in terms of the mid terms. Lots of things stuck about.
Speaker 8: I suppose the only issue with the bombing of the nuclear facilities in Iran is our own Second Amendment right to bear arms and the right to self defense, which Iran may now be able to claim. On the other hand, I get that the reason we don't want them to have the nuke is because they have a high likelihood of using it, sort of like a criminal with guns.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm only laugh chuckling, because that's the point that everybody misses. I saw some posts on x over the weekend about well, you know, if we're going to do this to the Iranians, then the Israelis need to you know, come forward and be honest about what kind of nukes they have, and they ought to agree to dismantle theirs too. Okay, well, then so should the Russians, so should the North Koreans, so should Beijing, so should Pakistan and India. Let's just let's all seeing kumba, y'all now, and just you know, everybody just will have you know, a complete you know, instead of a non proliferation policy, you know where we don't want anybody else to get them, we will just do a complete We're gonna de nuke the entire world, because well that's in a fairy tale, that's how things would work. The difference, as you so succinctly point out, is that the Iranians the number one sponsor of state terror in the region, someone that has since nineteen seventy nine been killing, you know, capturing and killing American civilians and military personnel, and then all others, who wants to destroy this country, who wants to destroy Israel, who quite frankly wants to have control over all of the Middle East. They were willing to use them. That's why they were building them, and that's when we took it out. So now their nuke program wants, you know, once buried beneath the mountains, spinning behind all those centrifuges. Everybody talks about, Uh, we don't know what the damn and final damage assessments, the battle damage assessments, are still ongoing, but at least the initial intelligence confirms that the strikes were And what I've read and what a couple of people in DC have told me, is that they were devastatingly effective. Not a single weapon was missed, not a I mean not a single weapon missed, and not a single plane was harmed. Not a single warning reached Tehran in time, and even if it had, the Israelis already had control of the airspace.
Speaker 2: You heard.
Speaker 3: The Chairman of the Joint Chiefs point out that they do not believe that one shot was fired or that one plane took off. No drones, no missiles, nothing. Now geopolitically this that that event is going to be parsed for decades. But I wonder, my very first thought is what message does Operation Midnight Hammer? Does it sin to Pyongyang, to Beijing, to Moscow, and I think the answer is unambiguous. Now I'll tell you what the answer is. We can talk for days about what it means. The answer is unambiguous, and that is that American deterrence is no longer just theoretical. Our deterrence is operational now. The strike also underscores the restoration. I think of competent, calculated, and a credible US military doctrine, a well defined mission, limited in scope. I mean it may be huge, but limited in scope and get in, get out. You know, in this era of you think about how many red lines did Obama? I mean, let's go back to Wells, go back to Clinton. Have you ever stopped and thought about why Pyongyang, why Kim Jong in that dynasty, why they have nukes? Because Bill Clinton, it was incapable of doing what Donald Trump did. You can talk all you want, and you can continue to talk, and you can even do like Trump's done here. You can blow the S word out of them and say do you want to come to the table now, because we'll still talk to you. Bill Clinton had that opportunity, and we would not have a North Korea with nukes. So you can talk about red lines going all the way back to Bill Clinton, Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Barack Obama. Now Trump didn't do anything because nothing was going on. Everybody was laying a little lame quiet. He actually reached out to Kim Jong un and tried to do something. Didn't accomplish anything, but he tried. And you notice when he tried, he didn't draw any red lines because he knew if he drew a red line, he would have to follow up with it. But drawing a red line and then following through on it underscores the restoration of competent, calculated, incredible US military doctrine. And as I said, in the era of televised red lines and diplomatic vapors, it just disappears. In its place stands a doctrine of decisive engagement, strategic clarity, and overwhelming power projection. It's if the details of that operation, the operational security, the logistics, everything don't give you goosebumps about how just damn good we are, then you're not really paying attention. You know, It's kind of worth remembering. This is not the first time that the Trump doctrine has punctuated American policy with actual action. Because we had the killing of all the money in twenty twenty, which was likewise dismissed by the critics. Yet what did it do. It scared the of Jesus throughout the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, the IRGC, and it recalibrated perceptions of our weakness. Operation Midnight Hammers cut from exactly the same cloth, but it was exponentially larger in scale, larger and sophistication, and I think almost as importantly it was larger in symbolism. And the other thing that strikes me simply because having been involved in things like you know, Bush making a secret trip to tay not to Tehran, to Baghdad in the middle of the Iraq War, and having been involved in some of that planning, the deception was elegant, absolutely elegant. You know, when Trump hinted that he would sign in two weeks, in hindsight reads less like a delay and more like just a simple misdirection. It lulled Tehran, it quieted Washington. It gave time for the planners to position the assets, finalize the routes, conduct the rehearsals. It wasn't procrastination, it was preparation. And it worked and I you know, I think I don't have this in my note if I'm want to say one other things, because I've now seen pictures of the National Security team sitting in a situation room going through the plans, and you know, Trump being given all the options if I take this option, while the ramifications, if I take this option one of the ramifications, and there's one picture that stuck out in my mind, and that picture is the usual the usual gang is there, but sitting to the I think it was appeared to be to the President's left, probably about two or three seats down, with Susie Wiles, chief staff. I don't think we give her enough credit for keeping Trump. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that Trump needs as much as he needed before, because I think the assassination attempt changed everything about the way he thinks about stuff, including the appointment of someone like Susie Wiles to beat the chief of staff to maintain order within that entire West Wing organization. Now, as I said, an operation of this magnitude does not occur in a vacuum. Diplomatic repercussions, Well, that's going to occur, and our allies in the Gulf will weigh their next moves very carefully, but that caution is preferable to their passivity. What matters now is not that some are uncomfortable, but that Iran no longer possesses a functioning nuclear weapons program. And so the B two's hung quietly across the pas it bound for Guam as the Tomahawks return to their tubes as the Pentagon completes its assessment. One truth remains absolutely inescapable. I think Operation Midnight Hammer has changed the world now from that statement, and I do believe it's changed the world. The discussions that NATO will be entirely different than they would have been a week or two ago. I think all discussions with world leaders, enemies and allies alike will now be different. They'll see him Trump striding into a meeting and they won't say it, but they'll think to themselves, a guy's got balls, Yeah, yep, and uh yeah. Now what does it mean in terms of changing the world, Well, I think that, But in terms of what happens next day two, so to speak, I don't know. I do know that this strike will be studied in the war colleges for generations, and not just because it was successful. But I think also because it reveals a lot about twenty first century warfare. What's probably the most powerful tool in the arsenal, the b twos, the mops, the bunker buster bombs, as they're colloquially known. No, I think secrecy. Secrecy is power, and precision is persuasion and deterrence when credible, When deterrence is backed up by action, deterrence becomes peace. Trump promised us peace through strength. And this weekend the world saw exactly what he means by that, what he means by that. Now day two, Yes, day two, and the I pulled up one of the headlines on Drudge. Some lawmakers in both parties question the legality of Trump's around strikes. Multiple Democrats raised constitutional concerns about the strikes, even some Republicans do. Well, we'll start diving into that in a minute.
Speaker 9: It's hard to listen to these Democrats talk about this bombing of the bunker. They are ridiculously partisan. If Trump creed cancer, they would talk about how economically bad it is that people will be out of a job because there's less cancer, and some hospitals will have to close down. These people have gone so far out of their minds.
Speaker 3: It's a sobering moment that makes you pause and just realize, oh wow, the work the rest of the world really is much more backcrap crazy than when we thought it was, and they truly are.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 3: Danny Denon, who is the Israeli ambassador to the United Nations, gave a great speech at the United Nations that you know, the Security Council has been meeting all weekend. Oh my gosh, what are we gonna do? What are we gonna do? You know, one thing the United Nations could do that would make them useful for the first first time in probably their history would be, why don't you, uh as as the world, demand free and fair, open elections in Iran? And why don't you put together an election oversight, some protocols and go see and organize free and fair elections in Iran Once you do that. But no, the Israeli ambassador has to lecture them, and it's scathing. Oh it's very polite when just somebody's saying he's just quartering and drawing them. Now's the time to guarantee that it never returned.