Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Batflips and Nerds at Baseball podcast with a British twist. I am your host today, Rob Rivera, and we're here today to fulfill a very special annual rite of passage where the backup guys of a niche podcast predict a bunch of numbers over an unnecessarily long duration. Yes, it is time to gaze into our crystal balls and prognosticate for the twenty twenty five Batflips and Nerds B Team Predictions podcast. Could probably some echo in there, if yeah, someone even crank the echo up, joining me as always are right pair of tetas. Firstly resident clairvoyant master of the website. We got Gavlong. So Gav, how are you?
Speaker 2: I'm doing well?
Speaker 1: How are you not bad? What form of mysticism are you using to put a prediction your your numbers today?
Speaker 2: It's I think it's the sort of system that BP would like to have, So you know, it's I can't get divulge how I've come to these figures, but.
Speaker 1: Okay, lovely and secondly possessed by the spirits of x wOBA, it's Russell Esum. How you doing. I'm doing good? Rob I'm doing good, and have you had a particular I mean usually, of course Russell's been like the numbers are raining down the back of his eyes like the matrix. But there's been a special way of you predicting these this year or have you just gone with feels like I clearly have.
Speaker 3: There's some effort and then there's feels on who I think are basically going to do bad and then sell all of their players. That's that's my feel's aspects of I've got to work out who I think is gonna sell off halfway through the season when they're season has been met so far.
Speaker 1: Wow, there's a lot deeper than I've been thinking. Excellent, Okay, right, so we all know this is a prediction podcast. These things tend to run extremely long, So well done. Strap in. You're in for a long ride with us. What we're going to do then is we're going to go this year. We're going to go division by division, and Russell has kindly produced some graphics for us, which through the magic of the internet, if you are watching on YouTube, you should if you look above our heads. It is above our heads, right Russ.
Speaker 3: Well, that will decide when I actually put the video together.
Speaker 1: Next to or below our heads is a graphic now which will not only display the predictions we've all made and then how we we've agreed, but also many of you who are looking and may have seen this for the first time, is our brand new logo, which is our rotating bat for backflips and nerds. I was just keen to point this out quickly here on the B Team podcast before the A Team got a chance to do it, so look and reveler. Our new wonderful logo is all a bit of a partnership with the wider MLB community in the UK, so look out for a bit more of that coming soon. But yeah, so you should. If if this is work, you'll probably be able to see it. If not, feel free to listen along. We're not gonna do anything on the screen that you can't normally have from the standard podcast format. So as well as having our normal predictions, given that Gav is a bit of an Internet edge lord, I'm a man child and Russe always has to be right, we are building in some tiebreakers this year. So what we're going to do is we're going to use a random stat or something about a player and then pick a random player from the team that we are disagreeing on. That is going to be how we decide whose prediction we go with. Gav shaking his head already because he knows this is all going to go horribly, horribly wrong. So Russell is going to be the master of the graphics today. So Russell, given that we are kind of led by that, which division are we going to start with today?
Speaker 3: Let's start with a level of mediocrity. So let's go for the NL Central.
Speaker 1: Okay, So let's start with Gav. Gav, can you take us down? You're running order for the NL Central and what you put in there? And why?
Speaker 2: Yeah, certainly you just want the number of winds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just give us the winds and then you know if there's anything you want to say about it, and then we can come back at you.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I have the it's pretty horrible division, but that's not news to anyone. I say, having seen the Cubs over the last couple of days, I have knocked them down a couple of winds now, because well, they didn't win them. So I've got the Milwaukee Brewers with eighty four Chicago Cubs were eighty three. Cardinals with eighty Reds with seventy nine and the Pirates with seventy three. So the way I came about that is the Cubs, yep. I love the signing of Tucker, and it's pretty steady lineup, but I'm not sure what happens with their rotation if any of the top three get injured. And as we've seen with so many teams, the top three are getting injured or three pitchers are getting injured. But it's such a winnable division. The Brewers, I think I always underestimate how good they're going to be, and yet again I am underestimating how good they're going to be. I think they had ninety three wins last time, and I've put them down for eighty four, and really all they've lost is Adamas and Burns. I say, only you know pretty two great players. They will get back Woodruff sometime. I don't know Mitchell and Hoskins. They could be the difference between them being an eighty four win team or being whatever the other projection systems had them for, which I think was higher. Who else we got Pirates? I don't know if I can bother talk about them. I don't understand how one team can be so so good at pitching and then just so dreadful at hitting in that they have such a good rotation, and they've got Harrington and Chandler in the wings waiting to come through. But I don't know, is Andrew Cutching their third best sitter? Maybe he is some Lewis Cardinals. They could be a playoff team, or they could be absolutely dreadful.
Speaker 1: I just don't know what Russ, Russ, Russ, you're countering already on the on the Cardinals.
Speaker 3: I literally do not understand how anybody can think this team is going to win anything.
Speaker 1: Like, what did they add?
Speaker 2: They had such a good team, No, they don't.
Speaker 3: They were crap last year and they added Bill mat On what what what are you expecting to actually do this year?
Speaker 1: They were awful? Awful again.
Speaker 2: No, there is so much potential there going to be magic.
Speaker 1: Quite frankly, you've.
Speaker 2: Got Walker and Gorman and Herrera, Mason, win.
Speaker 3: Woman basically failed to show their talent already. So why would together even younger than you? Russell, Yeah, that's not particularly hard. I would tell you that probably, like the major leaguers are younger than me.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not saying they will be because I'm giving them a losing record, and what I'm saying is that they have so much potential that they could be a playoff team. I don't understand about the Aeronado fiasco, and I figure that because they're changing changing ownership, they won't spend any money or even if they're they're or thereabouts, so I won't go for it.
Speaker 1: Have I?
Speaker 2: Oh, No, that the Cincinnati Reds, So that the other team you.
Speaker 1: Haven't spoken about?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so what I like about them is Elie Delacruz and Terry Francona and that's it. No, Matt McLain loves they wayfully underperformed last year. Yeah, Matt McCain could be great. Spencer Seer might not be as injured as he is, but Hunter Green maybe he is a MVP caliber. Maybe Nicolodolo it's going to stay healthy. Singer and Martinez, they're both pretty steady guys. But it does seem like one stud and eight average players.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, they've they've certainly got also around written all over the team, haven't they. We're with with the Reds. I think we're playing around with the middle third of predictions rather than the absolute bargain bottom or the or the top end like that. They're not going to win a hundred games, then they're not going to lose a hundred games, but they're certainly probably not going to come anywhere near near fifty to fifty either, So they're going to be that sort of really dirgy bottom third without being without being dreadful. I kind of I kind of agree with you on the Reds there. I still think you've got them a bit high, if I'm honest, really, Russ, what have you got?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we start on the like, I think the team they have right now could probably win eighty games, but I think they'll be in a position come pretty like the end of like mideedon trading and the trade and deadline, and they'll turn some people over. So that's why I've knocked them down a few things. Same with the Cardinals. I don't think they'll be in contention, so I think they'll get rid of some more people who will get them some prospects and come through. I just don't see any kind of like high things from that Pirates. I don't think they'll do that. Haven't done that in ages. They don't think it's really the their of their mo Like you say, great pitching can't produce a bat. Frankly, for me, Gav, that's just basically Cleveland all over again. And that's how I know exactly how it works. You have different people in quite frankly different people who and different coaches are there to basically coach pitching and they're to coach hitting, and well, for most teams they've got one and knock or the other. So and the Brewers and the Cubs at the top. Like, if I'm honest, I got no idea. Like we all underestimated the Brewers last year. We're all thought that like losing counsel would probably have some impact on there, but they kind of showed that they kind of know how to get things done. But obviously the Cubs have made the signings in this division, they've made the trades in this division, which make you think that they are better. But like once again, it's still a bit mare. It's still kind of a who's coming down to it. The fact that hey, John Bertie is in their starting nine is not as not a good sign as far as I'm concerned, even if he went like three for four today whatever and had two stolen bases like. I don't think that's a good sign that you've got a well fleshed out team.
Speaker 1: I think that's that's all very very fair kind of channeling, very very similar most of the way through the division there. I would say I'm probably a little bit higher on the Pirates than you, you guy us guide getting all fruity early. A little bit higher on the Pirates. I feel like they've got that up and coming, and every year there's a team that is a little bit of ahead of where we think they're going to be. And I think we can all kind of generally agree that finally the Pirates are about start digging their way out this rut. They got the pitching coming along now, and it's starting to look like they're not going to be absolutely dreadful, And I think this could be that year where they sort of catch and they start going a little bit before maybe next year they'll be a bit of a fall to sort of reset them a little bit, which is why I've got them. I've got them a little bit higher, I mean, not dramatically higher. Russ. I think you're very very similar to me on the Pirates. From seventy nine to eighty two, Ish Gav considerably less Cubs. I think the fact we've seen two games of the season so far in Japan and we've seen the Cubs lose them both, it really does hurt it. I mean, I think consciously or subconsciously, I think there has been a little bit of a prediction dip already knowing that they're essentially starting the season zero and two is what it will feel to most of us, so perhaps have been a little bit stingy on them there. So running down my order then, so I had the Cardinals topping the division on eighty six because there's always that team. There's always that team goes on a on a tear, and you know what Gav is right, there is a lot of players on that team who've got some real potential or some recent success. You know what could Aaronado be if he has that bounce back season. You know that that could really be a bit of change. And I think there's room for the in these predictions for a couple of teams to just come out of nowhere and and really really surprise us, and the Cardinals really could be that team. So I've got the Cardinals winning the division in eighty six I've got the Brewers coming second on eighty five. Irates are third on eighty two, with the Cubs languishing way down where expected in fourth place with eighty and then the Reds being a bit of a dirt at the bottom on sixty eight. So let's I mean, let's start start with a couple that we all seem to agree on. Looking at the Cubs, we're all there or there about your Russ eighty four, Gave eighty three and I've got eighty. I'm happy to sort of meet at the lower end there with Gave on eighty three. Right with me, I'm with three. We go. Our first prediction is that the the Chicago Cubs are going to win eighty three games this year, and they're going to go on a zero to ten run and ruin that immediately for us, no doubt. Second up, we've got the Brewers again, we're all very very close. We've got eighty four and eighty four for Russy Gave, I've got eighty five. So happy to go to the consensus and take eighty four on that. I think we should leave the Cardinals for now. Pirates, me and Russ are close. Gave is a long way off. What do we think?
Speaker 2: What have you should got?
Speaker 1: So, yeah, Gav, you're on seventy three, Russ has got seventy nine and I'm on eighty two. So I'm happy to come down to Russell, but not not an awful lot lower than that.
Speaker 2: I just don't see where the bats are.
Speaker 3: But you only you can win games one nil, Gav. If you have some of the Beds pitching the how's.
Speaker 1: The seventy eight to split it?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah, go seventy eight on the Pirates. Yep, lovely seventy eight and the Pirates the Reds. I've been I've been stingy on the Reds. I'm not gonna lie I have been stingy. I think Gavin has been, so I've gone with sixty eight on the Reds. Russell's got seventy four and Gav's got seventy nine. I think I've been stingy. I think Gav has been a bit of a homer, so I personally would rather trust Russell on the Reds.
Speaker 2: I don't think I trust Russell with anything, so I think I'm definitely right on the Reds. If anything, I'm too low on the Reds.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm happy to go up to like a seventy six or something like that, but I'm not going anywhere here seventy ninety.
Speaker 2: I figured that you'd both have them as a five hundred team, and I thought I was going to be the low guy.
Speaker 3: I think they I also think that would they'll sell mid season because this is like maybe not this year and when the project.
Speaker 2: So what happens when I'm get you to disagree are.
Speaker 1: We can have a tiebreaker. We have our tiebreak game. Okay, let's see if this works. Right. So, Gav, you're the one who is disagreeing with us. So I need you to pick a stat or fact or something. We can search about a random REDS player and then I will try and generate a random red player.
Speaker 2: So you just want the stat.
Speaker 1: Pick us a stat? Yeah, because I don't want to pick a bunch of pictures. If if it's a hitting.
Speaker 2: Stat, so stolen bases last year?
Speaker 1: Stolen bases? Right, Okay, So that means we need hitters. I can randomly generate a hitter and then we will all guess and then whoever is closest their prediction is the one that will work. So this is fantastic audio with me frantically typing. Right, let's have a look at this, so.
Speaker 2: Russell, you better not be cheating.
Speaker 1: Nope with this scary mind. Yeah, okay, so you should be able to see my spinometer of Reds players for those of you who are listening to it, take my word, there is a spinometer of Reds players. I'm gonna spin it and we're gonna land on someone around it goes. We have Christian Encamassian Strand. Right, so, uh, let's how we're gonna do this without relieving it to Gab. You're the expert, then, right, you go first? How many how many steels? Steels were going with you.
Speaker 2: But stolen basis last year? Zero?
Speaker 1: Zero? Oh well, I'm gonna go with one. The answer is zero. He didn't play, did he? No? He played like twenty other play appearances. But there's no way he stole anything. I reckon he's got one following a double steal? There? Who can who can search this one quickest? Have your optimism role Christian and Canassian Strand has zero stolen basis. Okay, right, what's happened here is we've now not broken our our tie with our tie breaker. So I'm going to re spin and it's just now between the two of you, right, so go spin again and the we have Heimer Candelario.
Speaker 2: Okay, Gav me first again.
Speaker 1: Okay, now fine, Russ, you go first, Sick, I'll go five. Then the answer is Russ, the answer is or So Gav wins, Gav we went, and we're going with Gav's prediction. Then for the Reds, Wow, good grief. Let's hope we don't have to do any of those tie breakers because that was painful. No, it was good fun. It was good fun. Right, so then let's have a look at the Cardinals, because we are all wildly different on this one. I think we're probably heading to another tiebreak. I think there's Cardinals magic with eighty six. Russell thinks they're subw're in the middle with sorry, Gab thinks that somewhere in the middle with eighty and Russell reckons they're only going to win seventy three games. Am I fair and saying we need to do another another tie break here? I think so I'm going to wants to change his mind. Absolutely not.
Speaker 3: This is one of the one things I feel more certain on where we could be proven in six months time. But I think the devil magic has gone.
Speaker 1: Okay, then I'm going to go for let's do career earnings like quickly I can. I've got sports track up ready to go. Career earning. We're just going for a guess and then I'm going to throw this into our wheel. Then you don't want to see the wheel because that just messes everything up. So let's spin the wheel. Career earnings of Lars Newtbar. So I'm going to say Lars Newtbar has career earning is going to be fairly low. I'm going to say Las Newtbar's career earnings are going to be one point eight million.
Speaker 2: I'll say seven.
Speaker 1: Just seven dollars or seven million dollars.
Speaker 2: He's got two years of arbitration in the Yeah, I think, Russ.
Speaker 3: I think I'm going to say about three million. Okay, Well, I've got the answer in front of me, and unfortunately he's one again.
Speaker 1: Gav is right. The career earnings of last Newbar is nine point nine million, force two, five hundred and sixty six dollars. So yeah, we're going to go with the gal answer yet again.
Speaker 2: But as it was in the middle, that probably helps us, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: It does it, it's yeah, abolutely are you including this year's earnings? I don't know. I've just gone through a website and it's told me that, yes, yes, we are, Yes, he's not earned that money yet. Mate. Oh well, here's what it is. I think Gave still would have won even if even if we didn't include this year.
Speaker 3: All right, well it gets to be eighty, so we've now congested league, probably fairly similar to almost exactly what Fangraft said. So yeah, So running it down, we've got Brewers on eighty four, Cubs on eighty three, Cardinals on eighty, Pirates on seventy eight. Sorry sorry, Red's on seventy nine, and then Pirates on seventy eight.
Speaker 1: That's where should we go next? Um, well, let's jump to the A L West Al West, So revealing our Al West. Russ, do you want to talk us through? Then your approach first, and let's see what you got. Yep, So the Ale West.
Speaker 3: I kind of thought that there are some reasonable teams here, but I think that's more based on the fact that there's one very bad team and there's also another very bad team in the ALE that they're going to play again.
Speaker 1: So I have the.
Speaker 3: Astros and the Rangers getting ninety wins. I like what the Rangers system looks like right now with their additions and with the potential of actually having the grand pitch. While that potential is always there, I will still be the of the optimist that they'll get more than twenty innings out of him. So I have the Angels, so you have the Rangers and the Astros both with ninety wins. The Astros, I just think are generally a machine and do better than you think they will do, even if you don't trust what's going on there. I think they've got good starting pitching and a very good bullpen that will keep them involved in a lot of the games. I think got the Mariners on eighty five wins. I kind of think they're a pretty average team, but because I've got everybody in this division beating up on the Angels, that kind of takes them a little bit higher. I also think that they're probably actually roughly in line with most of the teams in the Al Central as well, So see them coming out kind of like fairly even across a lot of amount of games. Sacramento Athletics I have eighty one wins.
Speaker 1: I think this is weird.
Speaker 3: Is a reasonable team. I'm not certain if they will sell anybody off in the mid season, which is why I still had them getting to eighty one wins, even though they might be out of the division. Think that their approach to kind of trying to stay ahead of the luxury tax, or not the luxury tax, to saying ahead of the amount of money they're supposed to spend otherwise there will be soon. Means I don't think they'll get rid of any players. I have to have to deal with, like maybe getting some money in to get to a line. And then the Angels are bad, and I think the Angels will be bad, and I think that they will probably then get rid of players. So they have sixty eight wins. So yeah, two reasonable teams at the top and then one very bad LA team I think, I mean, you can't really differ far far from that. I mean, I think there's as there is every year. There is far too much made about the demise of the Astros. The Astros are still a stonkingly good team in a division that's that has.
Speaker 1: Pulled its socks up over the last couple of years. It is, it is a lot better than it was a few years ago. So I've still got the Astros sat the top with with ninety one wins, and I don't think there's really anybody that's going to be that close behind him. I think the rest of the team are going to be the rest of the division are going to be in squabbling so much that that they sort of take a lot of points off of each other. I do have the Angels at the bottom on seventy wins. They're not going anywhere. There's nothing about the Angels. They don't They don't really have much much behind them in sort of future coming either. Like their farm ranking isn't all that great, you know, it's it's it's it's chipped up a little, but it's it still hasn't felt brilliant for a good while. The Mariners just don't seem to be able to get out of their own way. They've got all the pitching in the world, but none of the hitting, and that's going to land them squarely on an eighty for me. And then the Rangers have just been lucky for years. Last year we saw them fall down from their false throne, and I think they're going to see a bit more of that again. Perhaps there was some hangover last year, so maybe they're not quite as bad. But I've got the Rangers on seventy nine at the moment, and then rounding out, I've got the Athletics. Athletics have spent you know, they have definitely improved their team. I don't think anyone can argue that. And so this Athletics team is I think I may have been slightly stingy at hitting them on eighty one, but I've got them, got them at five hundred, where I think they have really pulled their socks up. And this is a team that was a disaster and absolute disaster a couple of years ago, and they have chipped away, they've improved, they've spent money. Despite the whole rest of their saga with their stadium, I think they're on the way back. So I've given the Athletics eighty one this time. Gab, what do you got? Well?
Speaker 2: So I think we're we're fine on the Angels, aren't we? With all the same on that roughly, And I think we're roughly the same on the Mariners. Yeah, the Astros have got winning the division. Maybe if I'd saved a couple of wins elsewhere I would have had them at ninety. I don't think the Texas Rangers are much further behind. I think if everything goes right for the Rangers, then they could win the division. I am still a bit scarred from the abuse we got last year when we predicted that the Rangers, the World Series champions, would not make the playoffs and they didn't. But yeah, I don't think there was a need for all of that abuse on social media. But the big one, the big one is thee Athletics. Come on, guys, They're not They're not going to five hundred team. They are dreadful. They're a dreadful team who have luckily, you know, they've just flung loads of mud at the wall and some of it's stuck. And they've got a few good players with Bla Day and Butler and Brent Rooker who have turned from players that other teams didn't really want into usable, decent players. But yeah, they've just got a couple of innings eaters in the rotation. I can't see them winning eighty games.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think the method has worked. Like the Athletics have done. What Chicago White Dogs haven't done right now is that basically they just let a load of young players or let a load of players that we don't know play and kept the ones that have done well. This is the first season where they've then actually added some talent. We've all got no idea what's actually going to happen at Sacramento. I think it's probably going to be a bit of a hitters park, and I think they've got good hitters, which and I think the fact of playing in a triple A stadium, their pictures will get used to it, whereas I think the the teams will do it less often and not get used to what that stadium is like and what kind of For me, that means that, like, I've given them a few extra wins that I think is probably like the consensus is probably in that mid seventies range. But I could come down like two or three off them. If you're willing.
Speaker 1: To come back to me, I could drop two to towards GAV. I could do that. Youre willing to come up to seventy eight nine, seventy nine, Well, I guess that response means that we'll start this as we have is calling another tie break.
Speaker 3: Well, I think let's put sixty nine in for the for the Angels first, Yeah, agree, eighty two on the Mariners. If you guys are happy or eighty one? Happy with that, we do eighty two.
Speaker 1: On the Man. They were also fairly fairly close on the Astros. Have you around that kind of war?
Speaker 2: I just go up on the Astros.
Speaker 1: Yeah, eighty eight, eighty nine, eighty nine I think sounds yeah in the middle of the Astrods, and then I think the couple more tie breaks to happen. Okay, Athletic Athletics.
Speaker 2: I don't like about the Athletics is that their fans are just such wine as an't they?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Gab, you're trying to get us seriously, it's run on the internet, jesus.
Speaker 2: I don't want to go to Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of the Disneyland holiday, when you know the kids didn't want to go away for a weekend excursion that we're trying to book. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like Gav's religating some past traumas. Now ye sorry, sorry because of stout Gav or something.
Speaker 2: Which team we do?
Speaker 1: Athletics the sprint speed, sprint speed, Good Lord, Russ start looking up Sprince Beat. I'm going to spin the wheel right and hope that none of these players have been traded since I put the spreadsheet together. Right, we are looking for the sprint speed of Seth Brown. I will go first. I reckon Seth Brown is a person who is going to be relatively fast. I'm going to say, are we doing this in per second?
Speaker 3: I'll tell you do it in foot per second? And I'll tell you that the league average is twenty seven. I'll give you that as a context. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 1: I'm going to go twenty eight point five feet per second, gav russ Or you want me to go next? Yeah? Good, Next, I'm just going to go league average twenty seven. Go.
Speaker 2: I think he's very slow, so I'm going to go twenty four four.
Speaker 1: What's their answer, than Russky. Isn't that pooh hoole speed?
Speaker 2: I can't kill per second?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty five?
Speaker 3: For goodness sake, Okay, Seth Brown in at twenty seven point four foot per second?
Speaker 1: So you then, russ that's me. So we get to have an eighty one win. Athletics wasn't real, effact. That was also my prediction. So gabas always done the back for that one. Yeah, well, we get to have two versus one because two of we thought it was going to be right, So then we move on to the other one. They're probably the most divisive in the league for us. We've got the Rangers. I am currently sat on seventy nine, Gavin is on eighty four, and Russell has predicted ninety wins for the Rangers. I think we're desperately far apart here. I can see nothing other than the tiebreak situation here again, are we all in agreement on that?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Yep? Okay, right? So what am I got? Then? I'm going to say how far away they live from Swindon? Sorry, how far away they were born from Swindon. Let's do that because that's easier to work out where they were born rather than where they live.
Speaker 2: It's Swindon Wiltshire or Swindon, Nebraska.
Speaker 1: Swindon Wiltshire because this is a British podcast. So right, So the player we are we're we're we're guessing about here is Sean Armstrong. Does Sean arms Strong play for the for the Rangers? Yeah? Still place where the technis Rangers? Okay, right, I can say that we're see his place of birth. Let's look that up for so he was born in Newbern, North Carolina.
Speaker 2: Okay, so that's an easy one. So that is gonna be Newburn, right, Okay, so that's that's gonna be three thousand, nine hundred and fifty miles.
Speaker 1: Okay, I will go with six hundred square, four thousand, six hundred. What did you say?
Speaker 2: Three nine five? O?
Speaker 1: Okay? Three in four nine. Then have the on the first one.
Speaker 2: Yeah I did, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: It's three and a half thousand from London to New York. So new but new Bern, North Carolina. Right, And the answer is three thousand, seven hundred and seventy four miles. We get a nineteen range. I'm never gonna win any of these, am I? Okay? What? So there we have it. Then we have we have the Texas Rangers, apparently winning against my better judgment, ninety games for the for the AL West twenty twenty five seasons. So they're complete our AL West. Bringing up the bottom, we all agree, we've got the Angels on sixty nine. Next up, we are saying the Athletics are going to win eighty one games. The Mariners are barely going to break five hundred and eighty two games. The Astros are going to take eighty nine games from the year, and then the Rangers are going to win the division. Despite us all saying that they were not as good as we all thought they were, They're going to win the division with ninety games. So that there, there you have it. That's the AL West. Okay, I am going to take the NL East. Lest Let's do the NL East next. I'll start us off then, so NL East. I reckon big bounce back guys. They've always had the talent and they should be at the top. I reckon the Braves, the Land of Braves are going to come out and they're going to thump ninety seven games here. They're going to be back to what what they should have been if they hadn't had the disastrous injuries of last year. You know, could you know set seven wins, you know, seven eight wins of injuries. I think they easily could have had those last year. So yeah, I reckon ninety seven wins for the Braves. Phillies. I reckon the Phillies are gonna gonna keep on a hammering out where they are there. They are a very very good team. There's plenty to them. They've got great pitching, They've got some absolute thump with their bats. Maybe some questions over the bullpedder been answered over the last few years, but but that variance there, I think there's still still something to worry about there. So I've got the Phillies still doing very very well on ninety two wins. Next up, right, slap bang in the middle. I've got the Mets because despite despite the fact they spilt all that money, they're still the Mets. I still think they're gonna Mets Mets the division, and they're barely going to break break halfway and they're gonna they're only gonna win eighty two games. Getting down to the bottom end, I don't think there's much variance here between us, as there shouldn't be. The Nationals are going to be poor on seventy four seventy four games. There's there's nothing really there. They haven't come on far there there. They're great package they got back from the Padres has been fine. I don't think they've been spectacular like they sort of needed to be for the exchange of so Too and then dropping it to the bottom is going to be the Marlins. I've got them on seventy two which could be a little bit generous. I have how's your How's your ner East, So I've.
Speaker 2: Got the bravest and the Phillies both at the top, and yeah, thinking about it now, the Braves have got stryder coming back in a kuna coming back, and yeah, you made a good point about the Phillies bullpen and really they don't. It was a bit at dodgy last year and it's I think it's it's far worse now. So maybe even though I like Philadelphia the best to win the World Series out of the everyone in that division, I think maybe the Braves will finish top. I think a very very very very generous with the Marlins.
Speaker 1: Got the Marlins on them.
Speaker 2: I've got sixty two, and I think that's generous. The Nationals, I think we're about saying, and the Mets are they're quite a high variance team. They've they've really suffered with the couple of pitching injuries, having got rid of Severino and who else did they get rid of last year? Anyway, they got rid of two two of their main starters from last year, so they've lost a lot of innings and now they've lost Montes and Manaiah so they're already struggling a bit. Yes, Soto makes such a big difference to that team and could mean that Alonso hitting behind Soto, Alonzo could have an MVP caliber season. I don't think he will. I think probably he'll be as poor as he was last year. But so they're quite high variants. I've got them just on eighty eight. I think that's everyone, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Russ Russ, Yeah, I kind of chickened out on making a decision here.
Speaker 1: I put them all on ninety.
Speaker 3: Like, I think there are three quite high variant teams here, but I think they're all good. I think they will be good. The Braves last season showed kind of how paul that underbelly is if they kind of don't have everything go their way. Yes, they still just about made the playoffs, But like them going back to being a ninety five ninety seven when team relies on everybody, going back to the level that we saw two seasons ago, which I got no idea what a Kenyon is going to be able to do, given in fact that he's had injuries to both his legs now or whatever, and we haven't really seen what we can get back from Strider, so I'll be a little pessimistic on them before I kind of see something that from a lineup perspective, I'll love it.
Speaker 1: I think it's really good. I think they're a good, good, strong line up again, but of depth is not the thing Mets.
Speaker 3: We can talk about their pitching not being in the position they would want it to be, but it wasn't in that position last season either, Like they had no Singer for most of last season. They've got him starting, Clay Holmes, who knows what he can actually have many innings he's going to pitch. But it's look pretty phenomenal doing that sort of thing.
Speaker 1: And just Soda is just an unbelievable ad.
Speaker 3: We can talk about it for so many days or whatever, but I genuinely do believe that Lindor in front of Soda will see more pitches, and I think all on so after lind Or will see more pitches because of Sodo being there, and they both should be the position to take advantage of it. Nationals are solid, meth They've got a good couple of players, They're not going to be in goodtention. I don't think they've really got many people to flip either. So that's why I'm just put them as solid thirty two. Anna Marlins might adult flip anybody who plays well, so they're getting sixty five wins because they're probably actually a seventy win team right now. But whoever plays well on that team and isn't young is getting traded. So because this isn't their year, and probably even next year is in their year, they're thinking much further down the line, So anybody is good going to get traded. So yeah, that's the only reason why I'm probably in the in the sixties for the Marlins are not actually at like seventy odd.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, So what I'm hearing is Russell could be talked up to me on the Marlins. But we'll come back to that because there's there's some some divisive this there. There's a couple of places we clearly agree here. So the Phillies we are all hovering around ninety one, so I think it's fair. So Russell's got ninety, gav Is ninety one. I'm saying ninety two, So I'm happy to meet the middle there and say ninety one. I think that's fair for the Phillies equally, the Nationals that are just just bad. They're not spectacular bad. They're not gonna make it to five hundred, and RUSS are on seventy two. I've got seventy four, happy to meet the middle on seventy three. If we all agree on that one, yeah, good, lovely, Right, then we come to a few divisiveness spits's, and I seem to be the outlier here. Let's start with the Marlins at the bottom. Then I've got seventy two saying sixty two. Russell is saying sixty five. But he's saying that that is based on them trading people away if they're any good. I would say to counter that is that do the Marlins have any players that are any good? Is there anybody to trade away? Or is it an entirely meh team that really isn't gonna have all that much to trade at the deadline, So they actually may well stay fairly fairly put. And that's that's why I think RUSS should come up closer to me around the sort of seventy mark.
Speaker 2: Sandy Alcantara is the only one that they've really got to trade.
Speaker 1: Old floppy elbow, right, yeah, next, But.
Speaker 2: Even if they do, they're going to get a bag of balls for it, aren't they They they don't seem to be able to capitalize on trading the way the stars.
Speaker 3: So cal Countrill, you've got Anthony Bender, either of those like has a half decent season.
Speaker 1: They're not They're not on the mark. They're not on this Marlins teams that makes the future like probably even like Ryan whny wins, are they gonna cost you if they get traded though? I mean really.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But I'm saying like all it takes is one of these pictures to be like a two win picture and they're gone. And so like I think, Rob, you should be really coming down to us in like the in the high sixties.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'll capitulate. Okay, let's can I can I tease you with us sixty six? Yeah, that's fly by me, Gav.
Speaker 2: I could come from sixty two. I could go up to sixty four.
Speaker 1: All right, meet in the middle sixty five. So Russ all along, yes, right, all along? Thank you? He calculated that. Yeah, so we're gonna we're going to meet there on sixty five. So maybe I've been a little bit bullish on the Braves. But again, the other one that I this time, I'm going to pick on Gav. I said ninety seven for the Braves. Gav said ninety one, and Russell has said ninety. But Gavin was saying, yeah, there's you know, there's some agreement here in that maybe the Phillies bullpens a bit if he which is why they're not going to be quite up with them, and perhaps the Braves were particularly injured last year, which they were so, so could you perhaps be talked up on the Braves coming closer to my ninety seven.
Speaker 2: I would have been able to if you hadn't taken all of those wins and given them to Miami. There's not enough wins to go round.
Speaker 1: So Russell, any budge, I'm not going up to ninety seven.
Speaker 3: I could do like ninety two maybe, but but I'm not going up to ninety seven.
Speaker 1: I'm ninety two is too low for me. I think we're going to have to all right, let's let's let's do the Braves. I'm calling a tie break on the Braves. I think we initially decided there's gonna be a number of tie breaks we could have, but that's gone straight out the window. So right, what what what should we do for the braves. Let's have more potential tiebreakers. What's that? Can I choose one or up? Okay, fine, you could do the tie break. Fine, all right, I was calling it, but no problems. It's all yours. What do you want to do? Braves pitched innings pitched right season, career innings pitched last season. Do you want me to include position players? Let's say no? Okay, right, okay, So I'm getting up our list of braves. We spin the wheel. Where's it gonna land? Dylan Lee. Dylan Lee is a human. I have definitely heard of Dylan. Give you some contection. He is a relief pitcher. If that helped that much. I was aware of Dylan Lee, and he's been around for many few some years. Should have about.
Speaker 2: I'll get the ball rolling. I will say twenty one innings.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm pretty cerain. He pitched the entire season, so I'm going to say sixty three.
Speaker 1: I reckon he was a workhorse that I've never heard of, and he's pitched seventy innings.
Speaker 3: Russell what we got, But Dylan Lee has fifty nine point two innings.
Speaker 1: Pitch Russell again, Russell is good at this isn't he yes, well, just so he could have just been completely lying.
Speaker 3: Yes, you could go with that. So the Braves are a ninety win team, there, you Gough. I think that you're doing them a massive disservice. Okay, and then the Mets.
Speaker 1: Was the last team in this division, so well we got we got Gavin leading. Sorry, no, Russell is leading the way with ninety wins for the Mets. Gavin is second with eighty eight wins for the Mets. I admit I have been stingy on eighty two wins for the Mets, so I am willing to come up to eighty seven.
Speaker 2: You don't think they'll be closer to their braves than the Phillies.
Speaker 1: I don't, I really don't. I think the Braves are head and shoulders above the rest of this division. I think the Phillies are fine, but they're going to throw away a lot of games right at the back end. I think the Mets have a couple of good hitters and the rest of it's just going to met.
Speaker 2: You can't risk a tie break just for the sake of coming up to eighty eight or eighty nine.
Speaker 1: Surely, all the way up to eighty seven, I have moved a long way there, gave you're on eighty seven.
Speaker 2: Now I have, so that's always to myself. Seven, I'm eighty eight. So you might as well say eighty nine.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, eighty seven. We've got two eighty sevens gab, we're rounding on you in a corner. Now eighty seven.
Speaker 2: Eighty eight doesn't bother me.
Speaker 1: Eighty seven is there? We go? Right? So how you do that, master negotiator? He nearly had me right, So Thel, sorry, NL East. We've got the Phillies winning with ninety one wins, We've got the Braves coming second with ninety wins. The Mets are going to get eighty seven wins, a long way ahead of the Nationals on seventy three wins, and then the Marlins are going to be dwelling right at the bottom with sixty five wins. Russell pick us another division. Let's we might as well finish off the NL Roger Dodger Dodgers. Indeed, okay, Russ, do you want to John run us down? Then start us off with the NL West. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I think we basically have potential the greatest lineup of all time and the greatest pitching depths of all time that Major League Baseball has ever seen. I don't think I could quite predict that they were actually going to beat them Marlin's record, but.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty close.
Speaker 3: I don't think much of the Rockies. That's a fairly easy decision to make. And I'm not really certain that the Giants and the Padres and the d Backs are that great teams either. So I just think this Dodgers team is going to rock a lot of people and they're gonna easily win this division. One hundred and seven is a bit of a is a bit of a punt to that. I'm really saying that they're going to be one of the best teams in baseball history.
Speaker 1: But otherwise I've got three mediocre teams in the middle that.
Speaker 3: I think the Giants probably all worst, but I'm not certain of that, and I kind of just think that the Padres and the d Backs will be fighting for wild card places. So yeah, that's my view of the NL.
Speaker 1: West numbers are giving us. Then, so Dodgers are going to say one hundred and seven.
Speaker 3: One hundred and seven winners for the Dodgers, eighty four wins for the d Backs, and the Padres, Giants with eighty one and the Rockies with sixty.
Speaker 1: Wow. Okay, Garvin, then what's what's your NL West look like?
Speaker 2: I changed the Dodgers from ninety nine to one hundred because I had an extra win to give to someone and it was either give it to the Dodgers or take it off the White Sox. I do think that there is and it hasn't been helped by the two games we've just seen, but I do think there's a bit of this the Emperor's New clothes with the Dodgers. I don't think they are historically great scene. The rotation is great. The three top of the lineup when they're healthy are absolutely fabulous. But let's get realistic. Tourney's had a few injuries. Freddy really struggled. He was fantastic in the playoffs. This is Freddy Freeman. He was fantastic in the playoffs, but we didn't know if he could could run then, and he and Betts have already missed this series. Betts is trying to move is what thirty two thirty three, and he's trying to move to short stop. So there are injuries to be had there, and then you take one or two of those out of the lineup and yeah, they can mix a match. Yeah, it's like Andrew Friedman is doing what he did at Tampa Bay, but he's doing it with money. Because no one really thinks that Kiki and Andez or Edmund or p Haz or Tioska are really that or Tiosca maybe, but they're not great players, but they do get the best out of them. So I would be surprised they didn't win a hundred last year. I'd be surprised if they won one hundred this year. But I've put them down for a hundred. I think the Arizona Diamondbacks are going to give them a run for the money. I don't think they'll win the division, but I think they could take them in the playoffs or go further in the playoffs. The fact that you've got Corbyn Burns coming to you saying I want to pitch for you because I I'm from Arizona, that's it's just such a fabulous bonus for them. I can't really pick between the Potres and the Giants. Patres seem to have more, more talent, more quality. And yeah, the Rockies are just gonna rookie, aren't they.
Speaker 1: M Yeah, the Rockies are going to Rocky. But I don't think the Rockies are going to Rocky that hard, you know, I reckon there's there's I've been generous for the sixty nine wins. They're probably a couple less than that. But I think I'm in the similar, sort of similar sort of region to gab there who you said sixty three for the Rockies, I can see here Giants, I'm an agreement already yet. Absolutely we're We're about about five hundred for that, so we can pretty much lock that one in straight away that the Giants are fine. You know, there's nothing wrong with that team, but there's nothing particularly brilliant about it either. I really really like the addition of Willia Dahmon. I think he's gonna he's gonna be a big, big plus for them. But beyond that, there's nothing really really exciting me about about anything new with the Giants to think they can be anything better than last year. I reckon the Padres are gonna be better. I reckon the Padres are a great team. I reckon they are right bang in the middle of turbulence at the moment. I think this is a team that a couple of years ago, we were all predicting to beat the Dodgers, win one hundred and two games, you know, and do the business. I think, yeah, there's been a couple of subtractions, which is why I'm not saying they're gonna win one hundred games. But I think that same Padres team right now is sat amongst a club in turmoil, and that can do one of two things. They can they can go down the pan and they can be terrible, or they can kind of get that sort of struggle against adversity nobody believed in us cliche, and I really think they got that because they've got the players there, they've got they've got the staff to really make a go of it. So I've got the Padres in ninety two because we are not far detached from them being predicted to be a great team and then their owner died. So yeah, I'm in on the Padres probably a bit higher than you two the d Backs again, yeah, solidly eighty five. I'm with you on that, and then I am team GAB when it comes to the Dodgers prediction. I've got one hundred as well, and for the exact same reasons. There's far too much James Autman playing on that team to call them, you know, one of the best teams of all time. You know, like after that first three or four guys, that lineup is going to be okay. Now, yeah, but they may well hit it. And I'm still predicting one hundred wins. You know, these this is still going to be a brilliant team. I just don't think they're gonna be you know, dropped to your knees and worship brilliant. Yeah, I can see that.
Speaker 3: I just think that people underestimate how actually having okay from like five to nine actually makes a difference. And I'm not being bad like that, like some of those teams, like we'd look at the Braves six and on the Braves is shocking like that, like that is what's going to like hurt them in all of the games. I just we saw basically the Dodgers win two games against the Cubs without probably the second and third best hitter. So I just think that depth is like I'm fine to be brought down to kind of like if people, if you were.
Speaker 1: Give me one hundred and two, would you go see I can do one hundred and two. I would prefer one hundred and one, but I could do one hundred and two. Yav how do you feel about the Dodgers? I mean that that is one hell of a hell of a rotation, isn't.
Speaker 2: It what they win last year?
Speaker 1: Eight? Or no?
Speaker 2: They weren't a hundred win team last year. If they were last year, we'll say one hundred and two. If not, we're saying one hundred.
Speaker 1: I like it. And the answer is they won ninety eight games, giving.
Speaker 2: Them two extra alan more.
Speaker 1: So come on, we meeting them one hundred and one. Let's let's go one hundred and one. They are damn good team. My statement has been noted, but I'll give you one hundred and one hundred one for the Dodgers, right, okay, So where do we definitely agree? So? Okay, the Giants, I think. Yeah, you guys have both got eighty one for the Giants. I had at eighty. So yeah, I'm happy to come to eighty one with you guys. There's there's no arguing there. That's that's absolutely fine. D Backs, we're all pretty close on We've got Russell on eighty four, gave on eighty nine a bit higher, and then I am on eighty five. I think we're all similar there, gave. Are you willing to come down a little bit on them? Or are you that that keen that the are that good?
Speaker 2: I think out of all of the teams, all thirty teams, so the ones, they're the one that I'm most confident about.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so you're gonna call break.
Speaker 2: I'm quite happy for you. Tuans come up to eighty eight?
Speaker 1: Eighty eight? I can I can talk about eighty seven? No, no, no, fine? All right? Shall we should we tie break the d backs? Sure? Okay, it's it's your tie break. Have so pick us something we're gonna we're gonna use to pull them apart.
Speaker 2: Plate appearances last season, late appearances excellent?
Speaker 1: Right, And whilst Russell cheats and looks up how many plate appearances they all had.
Speaker 2: I don't think cheated in anything in his life.
Speaker 1: I know he just cheats by having the biggest brain. The wheel is spinning, it is spinning, and we have Lords Gurriel Junior, Lord Guriel Junior. Plate appearances last year. I will stick my neck out. Then I'm gonna say plate appearances of it wasn't there the whole year? Was he?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Say? Was he the whole year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was traded the year before.
Speaker 1: I thought he was injured for a for a substantial on the al, he might have been injured, but on the sorry, not the al. Okay, I'm gonna say. I'm not gonna drop it as much. I'm gonna say three hundred and twenty five plate appearances.
Speaker 3: Lord Is Curiel Junior? Yeah, he definitely had some time injured. So what were looking at?
Speaker 1: I s think four sixty or sixty?
Speaker 2: Galv I reckon higher?
Speaker 1: Four eighty eight. Okay, what we've got, gav er Rous, Sorry, I'm in the middle of my draft. Four fifty That's what I'm looking at.
Speaker 3: Who know is Courriel Junior? Five hundred and fifty three?
Speaker 1: Oh de Lordie? Pretty much?
Speaker 3: Wow, he missed like he played one hundred and thirty three games, but he must have played pretty much all of those all of the abs in those one hundred and thirty three games.
Speaker 1: So to gav w Yeah, yeah, I can't argue that is eighty nine wins for the d Backs. Okay, right, Padres, you guys are very very close. Eighty four and eighty three. I am much higher. Have I have I convinced either of you that there is something in maybe a win or two, and okay, I'm conceiving I'm too high, But am I maybe a win or two? Have I managed to convince you that the Padres are better than you guys have put basically a five hundred team with all that talent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I reckon. Maybe I was a little bit unfair on eighty three, and I could give them an extra couple of wins. I don't think the fact that we thought that they were going to contend with the Dodgers a couple of years ago and then their owners died, I don't think that really has that much beering on it. They've still given away a lot of talent and after seasoned King and Pervetta, Yeah, you can see it's a decent, decent lineup. Yeah, I could go to eighty five, eighty six.
Speaker 1: I could take eighty six. I admit I've been I've been a little bit hasty here. Eighty six it is how you're feeling about the Padres. Eighty six great, lovely. And then last of all, we've got the Rockies. You two have been absolutely hitting down on the Rockies, saying sixty wins and sixty three wins. I've got sixty nine wins. I think you've been stingy again. I've maybe been a little bit over the top. But I'm not going to shove much further down on the Rockies. I I you know, I still think there's there's something a bit weird about the Rockies. You just can't predict it. There's going to be something coming out of there, you know. So I could come down to sixty seven, but no lower tiebreaker.
Speaker 2: Find such a such a tricky team because I like so many of their players, and so many of their players seem really good, and then when you look at the like w RC plus or something, they're not really that good at all. So yeah, I could go sixty seven.
Speaker 1: I'm not going that high. Russell Nope, not in a job. Fine, right, and then Russell pick as a tiebreaker.
Speaker 3: I want wild pitchers, ill pitches, wild pictures.
Speaker 1: That means we need pictures, wild pitchures. I'm going to tell you already I know about three of these guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right at the point, like none of us know, Like I don't know how anybody, I mean well pitches anybody through last season.
Speaker 1: So okay, we're looking for who is that? Okay, so wild pitchers are Ryan Feltner. Ryan Feltner, Okay, that was six. Okay, I'm gonna say, uh, he barely pitched in three, six and three. I'll take I should I'll take seven then, so I've got the over. That's how this works.
Speaker 4: Who right fell there through four wild pitchers. So Rob, you know, yes, there we go, Thank you very much. I finally feel vindicated for this game.
Speaker 1: Absolutely wonderful, brilliant. Okay, Gab, big pick us where we're going for our second to last division? Sorry, recap there, Sorry, my apologies. Quickly recap there. So the NL West is going to be won by the Dodgers and one hundred and one wins. The d Backs is gonna come second with eighty nine wins. San Diego is gonna have eighty six wins, hitting five hundred is going to be the Giants on eighty one wins, and the Rockies are gonna do much better than everyone thought they were gonna do and they're gonna hit sixty nine wins to finish up the season. That's a right old West. So Gab where we're going to go.
Speaker 2: We'll go to the ale least we haven't done that, have we?
Speaker 1: American League East we still have to do the American League East. Okay, So Gab, do you want to do? You want to take us through the American League East? Then? And where you think we're going with these? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So this you could you could just throw it up in the air and they could come down in any order and I'd still be happy with it. I have no idea what's going to happen here. So I've got Boston and Baltimore with eighty eight. I've got the Yankees one ahead with eighty nine. I've got the Blue Jays with eighty four, and the Tampa Bay Rays with eighty two. The way I'm looking at it is that the Orioles, they just frustrate me so much that they have an incredible team. I think all of them are projected to be above one hundred WRC plus yet and this is an incredible window they've got where they're not paying that much for so many of these players. Yet they let Ord. They didn't let Corbyn Burns go. Corbyn Burns went and then they replaced him with Charlie Morton. I think there were probably better options if they'd decided to spend a bit of money. So, yeah, they have the potential, but I don't think they have the pitching. I think the Red Sox are much better than they were last year. I think it's amazing what forty million dollar player does to the lineup. But Bregman does make a big difference in there, I think, and it's sort of lifted the spirits of the whole franchise, it seems so. Then Duran Duran having another great season, and Devas getting little stop. I think that's a really good lineup. They've managed to look okay despite having lost a couple of I think they've lost three starters now already, but yeah, getting the new guys in there, that looks pretty good. The Yankees as well, they've lost a couple of starters, and that's why they're Both of those teams are in the eighties rather than the nineties. But I think the Yankees have done quite well. They've lost Sodo, and how do you've replaced Sodo? You can't really, But having Goldschmidt, which is an upgrade at first base, and then having Bellinger, who's just an upgrade I think, not ava Soto, but he's just an upgrade to the team because he pushes Judge over to right field, and then Bellinger can play either center or he can play first. And yeah, I don't know what to expect from from Jazz and Wells and Volpi. They could be all three of them could be fantastic players. By ah, I don't know. They've got great rotation, six man rotation and most of them coming back from Tommy John. But you know that, I don't think that Junior Camenero is going to be the rookie of the year. I think he might struggle to be an average player. I don't think they've got I think that's it. You could see Josh Lowe, Brandon Law and Yandy Diaz they could be have really really good seasons. Yeah, one hundred and forty WRC plus or something, or they could be one hundred WRC plus.
Speaker 1: So it's quite a.
Speaker 2: High variance thing. And I don't know how this moved to Steinbrenner's really going to affect them. And then the Blue Jays' is another tough one to see. They've got Vladdie and they've strengthened with Santander coming in. It's a pretty good lineup as soon as is it Varshow, as soon as Varshow comes back, But and it's a nice rotation as well. Although it's amazing the difference just having shoes are out of the rotation because I think he's got an injury at the moment. It's amazing the difference that it looks now when you have to have Yeri or Rodriguez go in there. But I think they're going to be above five hundred just and Tampa Bay just below five hundred. But if you told me that you had predicted Tampa Bay to win the division, I don't think I could argue really.
Speaker 1: Okay, I mean I was speak a little about the AA least I probably could argue with that. Taking the Rays, I would say, I do think there's been a little bit of an underestimation of that rotation. It is, it is deep, and it is it is strong. You've got guys who came on really well at the end of last year. You got you got an eighth going straight back into the top of that rotation in Seae McClanahan and a ballpen that there are sneaky guys in this bullpen. You know. One of the regular breakout picks and a lot of people have picked is Mason Montgomery this year. Having seen what he's done yet. He is. He is almost nailed on to be fantastic this year. And the rest of the bullpen is is good too. It is really really good bullpen. I think the pitching for the raising and they always if they can stay healthy. I'm not even that worried, like they could genuinely afford to lose a couple of guys at the moment, and that's still going to be an utterly dominant pitching.
Speaker 2: Stuff.
Speaker 1: Bottom half of the lineup is, as gav has pointed out, a bit of a disaster. Like we are. We are really hoping on some guys turning careers around there in order to just get back to sort of average. So Danny Jansen was a nice pick up to take what was historically been a problem spot for the offense in the catcher position. And that is going to make a difference. It is gonna make a difference. It's going to pull that floor up. But is it gonna make much difference than where we were last year? Probably not. I've got I've got the raise of eighty two, sorry about eighty one coming second bottom in that division. The only team I've got below them is going to be the Blue Jays and it's it's again. I'm going on vibes here rather than than on cold hard facts. But it feels like a team that has missed an opportunity to be great and is sliding out of contention. You know, there's a very very good chance of Laddie Walk's halfway through this season, I can I can just see it all going a bit south for them. So Blue Jays I got on seventy eight, only just under five hund I've got on seventy eight the better end of the division though. Orioles. I can see the Oriols doing fine. They're the kind of the opposite of the Rays. They got that fantastic lineup I'm not convinced on. They're pitching in the slightest really really not convinced there. If they were to get that together, put a couple of bits in, just a couple of guys over over the next few weeks, they could really catapult them to being the top top team in this division. But as it stands, I've got the Oriols at eighty eight. Red Sox the big climbers. I think everybody knew they're going to be climbers. I've got them all the way up on ninety. I think I think they've got a real chance to do something here. There's a real good feel coming back to that team again, Gavi, you hit on that. So I'm really really happy on the Red Sox being I'm not happy about it, but really expected the Red Sox to be much better on ninety and the Yankees still even despite you know, both of Jancolis Stanton's elbows, I still have them just pipping the division with ninety one. Once they missed out and so too. They did make some improvements they did. They went out and they got some guys. So yeah, ninety one. But Gad makes a fantastic point if you just turn this division upside down. Other than really the Rays being at the bottom with the Blue Jays, I mean the rest of it. Yeah, they are on the jumble. They could be anywhere. So that's where I got ninety one for the Yankees, ninety for the Red Sox, oils in eighty eight, raised eighty one, and Blue Jays on seventy eight. Ruh.
Speaker 2: Now, Russell's gonna tell us how we're wrong.
Speaker 3: So I don't necessarily disagree that I think that like the Blue Jays and the Rays are like a like the seventy four and the seventy seven wins that I have is because I think they're going to be bad and they're gonna trade and they're gonna get worse. So I think they're going to be significantly behind the other three teams and potentially even behind the wild card race that they make the decision to flip. And the Rays I think are and have shown that this is a possibility if they have somebody like half On Kim do Well or something like that. Obviously he's got the one in a year deal or whatever, could trade him on, could get something nice. The Blue Jays. I just think how everything is run that. I just think it's a should show.
Speaker 1: I genuinely do.
Speaker 3: I just don't think whatever has gone how you just do not like get a deal sorted with Laddie. Maybe the money that they were talking got a bit ridiculous, but you got to make that deal happen, Like you cannot lose generational talent like that, especially after the season that is Shoe last year, and so I just see it all crumbling down this year. Otherwise, red Soux and probably a bit optimistic on I do like what they did during the off season, but I thought I was a bit optimistic, and you guys have got even further than I did, which was a bit surprising. And Yankees losing Cole makes makes a bit.
Speaker 1: Of a difference.
Speaker 3: And if I'm perfectly honest, if you want to talk about a lineup that's not deep, this is basically like potentially one of the worst lineups on a good team that you've ever seen. It's basically played the guessing game of who's going to be the second best.
Speaker 1: Hitter on that team? Do you know who it's going to be convincing?
Speaker 3: Do you think they're going to be have a WRC plus better than like one twenty?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: And so it's like it's judge and and whoever decides to turn up. Will they get a full season out of somebody like Wells or Rice? Will Jazz show what he can actually do? Will Bellager look like something that we know he can do but hasn't looked like in a while. There's lots of if butts, but like as if a butts a candy, candy, coconuts or whatever whatever their phrase goes, I I just don't see it there, so to me and I have the Orioles top. I think they have enough for the pieces in the right place. So obviously the loss of Burns is not good. I'm frustrated because I still think the Orioles are a good team, but they could be better if they'd made those moves, and they would have really shown that they were the best team in the AL and that really would have put them in a much kind of like more competitive position. But yeah, I could move up on the Red Sox and the Yankees, and probably in the Blue Jays in the Rays. But that's just my reasoning for them being so low is that I think they're going to do bad and they're going to trade.
Speaker 1: Okay, so what numbers are you you given us for the division? Then?
Speaker 3: So I have ninety wins for the Orioles, I have eighty six wins for the Yankees and the Red Sox. I have seventy seven wins for the Rays and seventy four wins for the Blue Jays.
Speaker 1: Okay, I look looking at these numbers, then I we're not that far off from each other. We potentially could avoid a tie break on this one if we're if we're you know, congenial to each other and you know, we reach out hands across across the the internet, and so let's start where we're very very close, then, so Orioles. First of all, Russell, you've got ninety gave and I are on eighty eight. I think eighty eight is fair, there isn't it.
Speaker 3: They can at least come up to eighty nine. Come on, rock, Well, there's two of us on eighty eight.
Speaker 1: And one of those ninety suspended. There's a suspended game somewhere. Let's let's go eight eight and a half.
Speaker 2: Go on, do eighty nine and then Russell osis.
Speaker 1: One eighty nine. Fine, I agree with that. Yeah, okay, all right? Where else are we close? We are? The Red Sox are an interesting one. The Red Sox are an interesting one. I have ninety, Gav has eighty eight, and Russell has eighty six. Very happy to meet in the middle. On on Gavin, yep, del yep, lovely eighty eight. It is for the Red Sox. Where else are we close? So the rest of all close ish, but not that close. So let's start with the Yankees. There I've taken I've gone high on the Yankees with ninety one. I'm admitting I'm a little bit high on the Yankees. There, Russell's really taught talk me around on the lineup side on that, so I am willing to drop. So so I was on ninety one, Gave had eighty nine and Russell had eighty six. I am. I am happy to go to the other side of Gavin and and me to eighty eight. Yep, yeah, lovely. So now we go to the non exciting end of the division. We go to the bottom a couple differ so the Blue Jays. So we've got Russell on seventy four, I am on seventy eight, and Gavin is on eighty four. I think what we're really looking at here Gave is is a drop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: What the tie break? Okay, we're gonna have to tie break? Tie break it is tie break, it is, now give us a category, no, go on.
Speaker 2: I think that they've got a really good lineup. Yeah, Okay, they might trade Flattie and if they if they dumped some players and they think that that's the end of the window, then yeah, obviously I could be wrong, but I think it's a solid rotation, it's good bullpen, and it's it's a good lineup, it's definitely more than a five hundred team. In my humble opinion, I will choose a category of year they debuted in MLB.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that one, right, and I've got this all lined up. So let's spin the wheel. Let's spin the wheel. It is spinning, it is spinning. Where's it gonna land? It's landed on Jeff Hoffman. Excellent, Jeff Hoffman. So Russell, do you want to take a stab at Jeff Hoffman to start with? Yeah, twenty sixteen. Okay, that was really confident.
Speaker 2: He's horrible, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Key, I am going to say twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: So then I've got to say twenty fifteen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've got to yeah, absolutely no.
Speaker 2: Well I'm not going to I'm going to say, oh, what did you say twenty Russell got twenty sixteen?
Speaker 1: I said twenty seventy.
Speaker 2: I'll say twenty eighteen. I'll go the other way.
Speaker 1: Okay. The answers a misery Grussel. He looked at this like two days ago, so that doesn't seem fair.
Speaker 3: Okay, looking up people that debuted for Colorado that turned out to be semi okay, but not for Colorado and he's right in there debuting back in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 1: That isn't in the weed search players who were sort of okay for Colorado brilliant. Okay, well there we go. Then we have we have Jeff Hoffman. We have seventy four wins for the Blue Jays. Gavin is furious, and that leaves us with the Tampa Bay Rays. So Russell had seventy seven, I had eighty one, and Gavin has eighty two. Oh, come I can, I can come down. That's eighty. I'll come up to eighteen. We can do eighty. Yeah, I'm not eight.
Speaker 2: Tiebreak again. Don't like this game.
Speaker 1: Because Russell always wins. I knew it was a bad idea, paying this with Russell, like, no, I'm not gonna win that I want. I want something I'm gonna win. So the Alias is going to finish with the Orioles winning it with eighty nine wins, and then we're going to have that's gonna be an interesting runoff between the Yankees and the Red Sox. With eighty eight wins, the Blue Jays are gonna be sorry. The Rays are going to be next with eighty wins, and the Blue Jays are going to be basement dwellers with seventy four wins, which, now I say it out loud, does sound a little bit harsh, but too late. It is inked in right, so leaving us with the most exciting and best till last. We have left ourselves with the AL Central for our grand finish. So if we can reveal our predictions for the al Central, Russell our predictions for the AL Central, Wow, my eyes, my eyes. Okay, we are wildly differing on these, so I'll run down mine first. Then, So I've got the Twins winning the division. The reason I've got the Twins winning the division is I think they would have. I've got the winning with ninety and I think this is kind of where they should have been if something, goodness knows what the wheels hadn't come off towards the end of last season. They were on course, they were doing fine, and then it all went to hell. Now something's clearly happened, and what to my mind, something's clearly happened in that clubhouse and they weren't able to pull out the skid. So I'm going to say that the skid doesn't necessarily happen, and they do end up more sort of where their natural talent says they should do. And that's why I've got the Twins winning ninety games. Following them in the division, I've got the Tigers. I think they continue the good work they were doing. I think they're exciting, they're young, they're you know, there may be time to move on from havy buyers, but otherwise they're good. There's a lot of good stuff going on here. They've moved talks into the outfield, I believe now, is that right? They're they're trying some stuff they got to. They've got a manager I think who is is genuinely considered to know what he's talking about. So I've got the Tigers playing eighty eight wins, dropping them to the Guardians. Guardians, goodness knows what they're doing to keep going the way they have, Like the pitching works. I don't understand why, why, how they've managed to keep going with the with that lineup, but you know, it's it's fine. They'll be all right. Eighty four wins. They're not gonna set anything on fire here, but they're going to be fine. Uh. And then then I've got the Royals. I think the Royals last year I think they're going to fall back a bit. I think a lot went right for the Royals this last year. I think the Royals we were sort of playing that ninety percent tile of everything. They've got some some absolutely great guys in there, you know that a lot of the supporting cast, the Patscatinos looking great. They'll be obviously Bobby Witt is going to be leading leading that that team again. But the pitching side, I think there's there's some regression to come. And that's why I only have the Royals winning seventy five games, maybe little sting seventy five games there, and then at the bottom the White Sox they were dreadful. Then they're going to be dreadful again. They've not really done anything to sort out that team. I can't see. You know, definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. They did it all last year by not changing that team up and trying out a bunch of young guys, and I think they're probably not doing the same thing again, So I don't see them them. You know, there's gonna be a little bit aggression to the mean, But that's why I've only got fifty wins for the White Sox. That's you know, that's it as there's not much, not much going on there. Come at me, Come at me. We're already different on this one. Russell, what you got?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we might as well started the White Sox. I have about fifty six. I thought I was going to be the high on this. I am the high, but not as much high. God was definitely suggesting at some point on the weekend that he was going to throw out a thirty number here. So he's come back to some sentence on what sort of been this team is bad, they'll be better than last year maybe because if they're not better than last year, they have something institutionally wrong at that club that is beyond just like having a terrible owner and like that. There is something wronger even like at the player development level, so bad that it's unbelievable. I have the Twins at seventy seven being the fourth best team.
Speaker 1: I don't think they're good.
Speaker 3: I think that like they showed what they were capable of last season. You can suggest maybe they've had like some additional players come through or picking up like Ty France and Harrison Bader. Is is that really what you think is going to make them improve as a team.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: I think they're full of injury prone players. They're going to rely on platooning between like Walner and like Austin Martin, Harrison Bada and Trevor Larnak and Austin Martin or whatever. I just do not think they're a good team. And I think they'll have to flip during the middle of the season when they're being bad. So that's that Guardians. I generally do not know. But I've put eighty one wins here. This is the ultimate passing of the buck here from the person who is the Guardians fan. There is a piece coming gave. I do promise that. I did say I would do it on the season preview for Cleveland.
Speaker 1: It's half written.
Speaker 3: I've done my pessimism, but I said I would do some optimisms as well, and I need to kind.
Speaker 1: Of come up with the optimism. But yeah, I just don't know.
Speaker 3: This team is like can you can't expect your four relievers to pitch below two A or A again, It's just you cannot expect that. So who's actually going to like throw the innings and do good enough. I just don't know, and then from a hitting perspective, it's like, well there's Jose, and then who else actually turns up? Like Kuan and Thomas could be both very good corner outfielders and that could put a Cleveland into a good position, but they could also both be pretty gash again and like this team could not be not be good. So they're solidly as they had an eighty one win team, and then the Tigers and the Royals are like the use that both teams are kind of coming through. I think that they've both got top of the rotation talent that will be just get them that kind of fifteen sixteen wins potentially twenty wins in a season that kind of ties you over and gets you into a position that you can be challenging for a divisional title or challenging kind of like for player contention and that sort of thing. So yeah, I've got them both at eighty six wins and tied winning the division.
Speaker 1: GAV could GAV come back?
Speaker 2: I do you really like the structure of MLB with the six divisions, because it does make it it makes it really competitive for so many of them, and the AE or Central Chicago White Socks are obviously the worst team in the sport, but the others. I've got it going from eighty two for the Guardians and the Tigers, eighty three for the Royals at eighty seven for the Twins. Thinking about it, maybe I want the Guardians on the eighty seven and the Twins on a eighty two. I think it could be changed any way. Injury has a lot to do with it. I think the Guardians are better than you're giving them credit for. They do have your breakout pick of Brian Rocchio, and they have is Gavin Williams. Willow to be a breakout pick.
Speaker 1: Probably like maybe not have enough time.
Speaker 3: If you think he's actually going to have like a four win season, then definitely.
Speaker 2: And then whether that's you know, say four win season that gets me onto the White Sox because they had two four win pictures last year and they haven't got them this year, so they are significantly worse. I was going to yeah, I was going to put them down for thirty nine wins, but I can't actually remember the whole conversation because we had had a few beers. But on Friday, Russell was telling me that you could roll out a bunch of guys any old bods and they would still get sixty wins something like that. I can't remember the exact not sixty.
Speaker 1: Quard A players. Basically that's a whole the definition of what replaced A today, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So basically when you were sort of saying, you guys around the table, that's what I thought it was, since.
Speaker 1: We were all quard A players.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The Tigers are another interesting one because they were so good in the second half of last year, yet they didn't really outperform their metrics. They should have been that good, so they haven't really changed that much. Riley Green he could be he could be MVP. I like Riley Green a lot. Yeah, So I've got them for eighty two, but maybe that's too low. And the Royals Jonathan India. That's a nice acquisition, isn't it. He's going to score at least one hundred runs? But maybe they overperformed last year with Seth Lugo and Cole Reagan's I don't know really, So what we've got start with the White Sox because that was quite easy one, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: Uh. Yeah, So looking back over what we've got the yeah, and you're saying you could have gone thirty nine here. You know, I think you've been a bit generous. To my mind, I think we're looking at the Bottoman of the fifties. What have they done to make this team better than the drivel they were last year?
Speaker 2: Well, Mike Talkman, yes, okay, yeah, Brandon Drury, Travis Jenkowski.
Speaker 1: Just I am Amazedenkowski is still playing. Okay, I mean I.
Speaker 2: Haven't traded away Lewis Robert yet yet.
Speaker 1: I can maybe come up a win or two, but I can't see it's going much higher than fifty one fifty two wins. I think, honestly, this team is absolutely the pits. Come on, Russell, can you can you come up at all? Come down?
Speaker 3: Sorry, I can come down, like yeah, anywhere like in the fifties is like is fasible to me. I just chose fifty six somewhere in the middle, so like, if you want fifty three, I'll come down to fifty three on fifty two.
Speaker 1: If I'm honest.
Speaker 2: What did the other projection system say?
Speaker 3: Well, they project sixty because effectively, it's really hard to project to be like that bad like even like they said, like the Dodgers, if you actually predict one hundred lost team, you are a very bad team. Like the only reason why the Rockies are predicted much worse than the White Sox are is because the Dodgers, the d Backs, the Padres are all better than the Tigers that wins, the Royals, and the Guardians, So they're just gonna lose more games against those teams. Not necessarily the fact that the Rockies are out that much of a worse team than the White Sox. I think it is an indictment that those other teams aren't in the central, aren't that good, which is why the White Sox will get something in the fifties.
Speaker 2: Do you know that they they swept the Angels last year.
Speaker 3: I Eveland lost more games to the White Sox, I think than any other team.
Speaker 1: So I saw the Race played the White Sox last year, and it was the the White Sox were sixteen and two, and I managed to see one of those two, sorry two and sixteen? Might I saw one of those two? So yeah, I was impressed by that. Okay, so we're hovering lower fifty surely right, surely can we say fifty two? Yep, fifty two, Yeah, fifty two, fifty two, lovely one.
Speaker 2: I'm regretting not being more bold and going for thirty nine.
Speaker 1: Right, So let's have a look at the Guardians. Then we're all closes on the Guardians. Russell is on eighty one, being being sad on his own team, and we've all actually predicted our own teams as being pretty much on five hundred. So Russell predicted eighty one for the Guardians, Gavin has predicted eighty two, and I had eighty four. I am happy to come and meet meet around the Gavin mark at eighty two, not go only two. That's fine, great, it's to eighty two. Then we start diverging a little bit. Let's start with the Tigers with a least of versions of the remaining ones. So and we've got I'm fairly high on the Tigers at eighty eight. Russell isn't far behind me on eighty six. Gavin, however's got the Tiger's on eighty two, which my stingy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm happy to go up a couple.
Speaker 1: Can you get you up to eighty five? Five?
Speaker 2: Eighty five? I could do eighty five.
Speaker 1: Go. We're getting through this fantastic. This is where we start to get unstuck though, Royals, I think we're we're tricky here. So I've got the Royals on seventy five. I do not see that they can redo what they did last year. I really do not see that their their pitching is going to stand up to that. And look, seventy five isn't that far under under five hundred.
Speaker 2: It's quite a long way.
Speaker 1: Gavin has eighty three, so still eighty three, and Russell is on eighty six. I cannot see how we avoid a tie break over over the Royals. Did you make a break? Did I? Whether I make a I didn't make a bloody type over? How rude? How rude?
Speaker 2: It just seems Yeah, it seems ludicrous that you'd think that they were solo.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to be bold here as well. Come on, man, come roy double tie breaker to finish it off, rob, let's let's start having Kansas City roles tiebreaker. I will pick a Kansas City tiebreaker. Then I'm going to say the number they currently wear on their back. So let's pick ourselves a Royal. It's going into the wheel. The wheel is spinning. Where's it going to land? Who knows? Who knows? Who half these people are? It's spinning. It's spinning. We have two blanks. For some reason, it's landing on a blank, so we're spinning again. Bobby Witt Junior. Bobby Witt Junior. I I must say that I have no idea who numbers for like, I know a couple of rays, but that is about it. Bobby Witt Junior. I'm going to guess at fourteen two, I thought it was thirteen. You're thirteen. Yeah, okay, all right, I have get him up. I think I can find this one. Bobby Witt Junior. Seven. According to Baseball number seven, seven, gav was closest. I think was closest. We get the gave result here, which was the outlier? No, God was the middle one over the middle man. It's fine, okay, no problems. Fine right, let's finally then, who thought we were going to finish this with the the highs of the Minnesota Twins. But we're clearly, very clearly, very divergent on this. I'm on ninety, Gavi is on eighty seven, and Russell is on seventy seven. So as ludicrous as you think my prediction for the Royals was, this is possibly even further away from the mean.
Speaker 2: Can you easily see what it should be to make everything tally up.
Speaker 1: Russ um easily.
Speaker 3: No, but I can do Chris do some maths if you're all willing to vamp like thirty seconds, yes, what was.
Speaker 1: Whilst Russell is Whilst Russell is doing the math for us, let's do some of our outro first, Gab, Can we talk a little bit about the website at the moment, So we've we've been going through the season previews. Where are we up to with the season previews on the on the website at the moment.
Speaker 2: We're about halfway through and we're just going to go to two being released a day. Lots of people are a bit like russ who have said to me, oh, yes, I will send you my submission, but they haven't yet. So I figured that this weekend I am going to be editing lots and lots of previews. But it this is one of the real great things about backflips and Nerds, and it's nothing to do with me. It's the guys who were doing it beforehand. Is that anyone can submit an article and now we've got thirty different British writers, British fans who just turn their hand at writing and they're submitting a preview about so it really is becoming a great community to be part of.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, and I've got it. The first thing I'm going to do when I read it. I know. I noticed today we've got the Tampa Bay Raised season preview by Mark Stranger has gone up. Haven't had the chance to read it yet, but that is that is where I'm going too, straight after we finish here, so half the team's there, the other half coming. And it's not just it's not just season previews, as there's there's so much else. What can you pick out a couple of other highlights, something something to go back and have a look at.
Speaker 2: Gav Well one of the recent ones that we're still waiting for Russ.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have a number.
Speaker 2: One of the recent ones that I did was trying to be a bit controversial, was that now that Donald Trump has decided that he will pardon Pete Rose, who will be the next person to be red cocketed back into MLB. So then I was thinking it, wonder Franco, maybe Trevor Bauer. There are a few others on there excellent.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that's you know, we have some edge as well. There are some country obviously on the website too. It's not just fluff pieces, so that that is excellent, So do get over to the website because, as I said, it is our community. This is this is this is a lot of where we started. This podcast well, started by four guys talking about baseball, but it's very very quickly followed up by a whole bunch of very very passionate people here putting stuff down on paper. That's how you know, Russe and I got involved with the podcast initially as well, was was by putting pen on paper and just giving it a go. So if you haven't yet you've got an idea, you may only need one idea if you only come with one piece and that's that, that's no problem at all. But if you've got that that piece in you, please get down on a piece of paper because we want to read it and this is a great place for us to get started on and get involved in the community. Anyway, moving us back over then, so Russell, you did some maths. What have you discovered?
Speaker 3: If you want this to add up to twenty four hundred and thirty, which is the number of games that we've played, the Twins need to win sixty two games, So I think that's stingy. We've never adjusted to two hundred two and four under thirty in this podcast, unlike the eighteam which continue to do that. So I don't think we need to bother with that because I don't want to incrementally basically take two wins off every team to kind of get it or a win off every team to get it to where it should be. So I think we just go with a tiebreaker rob to finish this off.
Speaker 1: Well, that's essentially that means that you know, whatever Russell's picked is going to end up being the thing again. Fight gav do us the honors, then pick us one one final category for.
Speaker 2: The Minnesota Twins. Let's have.
Speaker 1: Strikeouts strikeouts, right, and we don't want pictures for strikeouts.
Speaker 2: Pictures or it could be hit us, couldn't it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to leave the pictures in then, and this could get very very si we may have to have a second round, but okay, I'm gonna spin it for strikeouts. Fine, we got that is not the Minnesota Twins doing that again. Griffin Jacks.
Speaker 2: Griffin Jacks, so he is a picture.
Speaker 1: S Griffin. He is a picture absolutely.
Speaker 2: And I am going to say that he had eighty eight strikeouts last year.
Speaker 1: I think Gryffin Jacks is a good picture, and I think Griffin Jacks, I think he did slightly better. And I'm going to give him one hundred strikeouts. That's too many, far too many. Don't be ridiculous. I'm gonna get I'm gonna give him seventy seven strikeouts. Okay, what did you think out eight eight? Alright, eighty nine? Pretty certain, Rob Your first one was much closer than your second one. Oh, survey says ninety five strikeouts. Man, I would have I would have won it. I would have won it. So instead we have got Russell yet again, bringing our pessimistic result right down and putting us in seventy seven wins for the Twins, which I mean that that makes the division an absolute disaster again. So running from the top of that division, we are now predicting that the Tigers are going to win it with eighty five wins, The Royals are going to come second with eighty three wins, the Guardians are going to have eighty two wins. The Twins are going to be languishing down in fourth with seventy seven wins, and the White Socks are going to pull their bootstraps up and going to get a full fifty two wins this year, And that, as you have it is the B team's predictions for the year. The Twins are going nowhere near the playoffs, the Dodgers are an absolute dead sert, and we're really not sure who's going to win the NL East. So basically exactly the same as last year. I think that's it. That's it. So the A team are going to be doing their predictions very very very shortly, hopefully pull some stats together then and we can see how they come they did last year compared to the actual results and us and we'll see who is the champions. I believe we would be going three for three if we do all four for four? Is it? If we? If we? I think we basically wipe the wipe the floor with them every year so far, So hopefully we're going to continue that that trend. So do look out for that. As mentioned website, you've got all those team previews coming up. Keep reading them that, keep submitting that. If if you haven't done anything so far, please please please, we do want to hear from you. You can find all that at bat flipsnerds dot com and of course you can find us in all the usual places bat Flips, unscored nerds on Twitter and backflips and Nerds on Blue Sky on Instagram and and all those other good things too. So any final words, Russell on the twenty twenty five season, It's.
Speaker 3: Going to be interesting, Like look at a lot of the divisions that we have multiple people kind of in and around the top. I don't think there are any clear favorites, like outside the Dodgers. So I think this is going to be a pretty amazing season and I'm looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: Cool gav I would give everyone a word of advice, if you want to save a couple of hours of your life, don't bother you into the A teams projected projections. Just have a look at the finishing position last year because they're undoubtedly just going to choose exactly the same those for those four. Don't think out of the box.
Speaker 1: Excell have done on that bombshell. Thank you very much. That is That is time for us to end and we will see you all next time. Thank you very much,