Speaker 1: This is Gary and Shannon and you're listening to KFI AM six forty the Gary and Shannon Show on demand on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: App Big Huge twelve o'clock hour going.
Speaker 1: Few children get scholarships for athletes, yes, athletics.
Speaker 3: I pursue, and none of them get scholarships for feelings of what you watch on Wednesday is coming up at the bottom of the hour, So leave us a message and let us know what it is that you are watching. Justin was just in here and we were talking about vacations and allowing kids to help plan some of the vacations, and hey.
Speaker 4: Gary and Chan, just a quick comment to Gary. My parents took my sister and I to Vegas multiple times, but they did it in such a way in which it was really fun for us, so we would always.
Speaker 2: Say a circus.
Speaker 5: Circus did take us.
Speaker 4: With all the carnival games, Carl Rise Rise and everything. So I think there is a way to take your kids to Vegas. Have to be fun for everybody, because my parents definitely did, and I still thought to Vegas to the day.
Speaker 3: So I, like you, went to Tahoe many times with my parents and that was a nightmare at times. When they would go to see Bill Cosby do his stand up. I don't know why they were such supporters of his, now that we know everything about him.
Speaker 2: Your parents were awful, I guess they.
Speaker 3: And they would stay and Mom would play the penny slots for hours at a time.
Speaker 2: God bless her. I love penny slots. Late over the weekend, he did, Oh yeah, penny slots. Oh yeah, there are still places with penny slots. Here's the thing. What's that?
Speaker 1: You don't use coins anymore? And number two, you never bet just one penny. You're betting three dollars a pull. Well that's three hundred pennies. Yes, that's a lot of pennies.
Speaker 2: It sure is. Gary. What else is going on? I think we've worked through that. What's happening?
Speaker 1: Well there, we have been telling you about this all morning long, since it broke right after the show began. A man from Washington's now facing terrorism charges in connection with that attack on the fertility clinic in Palm Springs. Daniel park is his name, thirty two years old, has been charged with providing and attempting to provide material support to that terrorist. Allegedly helped this guy named guy secure two hundred and.
Speaker 2: Seventy pounds of ammonium nitrate.
Speaker 3: President Trump says he spoke with Russian President Vladimir Putin today and that Putin told him, quote very strongly, that he will respond to the weekend drone attack on Russian airfields. This conversation played out as we continue to have this war on ceasefire, basically as weird as that sounds. Trump said in a social media post that his lengthy call with Putin was a good conversation, but not a conversation that will lead to immediate peace. It is the first time that the our president has weighed in on that drone attack by Ukraine on those Russian airplanes.
Speaker 1: Rugs are in the news, one good, one bad. We'll take the good. First. Two guests from a hotel in Ventura have been awarded two million.
Speaker 2: Dollars because of bedbugs. That's the good story.
Speaker 1: I mean, bed bugs aren't great, but if you can get two million, would a chance a case of the bed bugs? The shores in has been ordered to pay Alvero Gutierrez and Romero Sanchez two million. They say it may be one of the largest bedbug related jury awards on record. They say they bedbugs latched onto these guys while they slept, suck their blood until they were gorged, and resisted eradication.
Speaker 2: That is some creative writing right there. Uh.
Speaker 3: The other one is a woman in Texas who's died after contracting a rare infection from a brain eating a me bug.
Speaker 2: Those are always terrifying, aren't they.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's when you're the kids are swimming in the random standing water in the lakes. She was drinking tap water.
Speaker 2: Well, she wasn't drinking it. She was using it to clean.
Speaker 3: Out her sign Nettie pot while at an RV campground.
Speaker 2: Oh that's it that, you know what?
Speaker 1: Listen if you find yourself actually, it's there's worse things.
Speaker 2: Can't you just worse?
Speaker 3: Clean out your nasal passages in a Texas r V campground?
Speaker 2: Isn't that this? Yes? Have you ever one finger on one side of your nose and you blow out? Have you ever used those Nettie pots where.
Speaker 6: You pour this?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 2: Do I look like somebody who would use a Nettie pot? Yes? Why what about me? It says Nettie pot. I don't know homemade remedy? What I off?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 1: I don't see you taking pills for anything. It's my point, Like, you're not like a, Oh, I've got a sinus problem, let me take a handful of pills to cure it.
Speaker 2: You're more of a oh, this might do the trick naturally cool. Try that. No, I'm not pouring anything in my nose. So you're into pills now.
Speaker 1: I take a couple of days off and now you're hooked on oxy.
Speaker 2: I am hooked on what I'm hooked on. Yeah, you can't. Fine, I'm not judging you. Get me through the day right clearly? All right? When we come back, what are we doing? I lost the thing. We'll find something. We'll talk about your addiction problem. Yeah, fine, we'll talk about it. We'll see what it does on the show. Are you ready to do it?
Speaker 8: Sorry?
Speaker 2: That was an inside joke. Is this still may.
Speaker 5: They tuk? Okay, you're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 3: We are going to be doing what you watch on Wednesday, where we talk about all of the shows that are going on right now that maybe you have been missing out on or that you've been enjoying. Let us know where you fall on each of these shows by sending us a talkback message. If you're listening on the app, little microphone button, a little image right there, Hit that button and tell us what it is that you're watching and where you're getting it, what kind of streaming service you're watching it on, or whatever broadcast television channel you remember what those are that you're seeing it on. There's a bunch of stories that we are following today. The sports world is going to kick off pretty significantly in these next couple of weeks. Stanley Cup Finals start tonight with the Florida Panthers at the Edmonton Oilers. The NBA Finals start tomorrow night Indiana Pacers at Oklahoma City. Thunder Angels are in action right now, winning in Boston against the Red Sox. Dodgers will meet the Mets seven to ten first pitch later tonight.
Speaker 2: We've talked before also about food.
Speaker 3: And this push against chemicals, chemical additives, and food. A Texas bill that could become law very soon would require labels on packaged foods things like Skittles and mountain dew, that warn't about ingredients that are not recommended for human consumption by other countries.
Speaker 2: I noticed this a year ago.
Speaker 3: Wife and I were in Cantcoon and a bag of M and MS came with a warning label.
Speaker 2: I love Eminem's.
Speaker 3: Texas Senate Bill twenty five is now awaiting the signature of government.
Speaker 2: A very strong problem currently with Eminem's.
Speaker 3: Foods containing certain ingredients would require warning labels beginning in twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 2: I eat them every day.
Speaker 3: Forty ingredients would be on the list in this bill, including synthetic food dyes and bleached flour. I have them in my purse, and many but not all.
Speaker 2: That's a huge little bag.
Speaker 3: Many but not all of the additives are banned or require warnings in other countries.
Speaker 2: Are they going to take them away from me?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: No, that's the thing is. It's like cigarettes. They're not going to take them away from you. They're just going to tell you this is probably not a great idea for you.
Speaker 2: Now. I don't know.
Speaker 3: We've kind of hypnotized, hypnotized ourselves into thinking one of these a day, or a couple pops a day, or a.
Speaker 1: Family sized bag of Eminem's a day is not going to kill me. It's just a suggestion. It's not really the city is going to kill me before the red dye number four.
Speaker 3: It depends on what depends on what red well right, No, not necessarily, because the red dye number four is going to give you the cancer that will then cause you to be skinny because your appetite will be suppressed.
Speaker 1: So it's going to fight the obesity. Look at them working together.
Speaker 2: Our real ding dong.
Speaker 3: The Trump administration has decided that there is no viable path forward to complete our high speed rail project. This is the result of about a four month investigation when it was asked whether or not we should we the federal government, should we give four billion dollars in funding to high speed rail. This is a new three hundred and fifteen page compliance review that was released today from the Department of Transportation, and it said there are budget shortfalls we've all seen, missed deadlines, we all know about them, and misleading projected ridership to connect San Francisco to La via fast rail. Obviously, when we voted for it, although I didn't, you voted for it, you thought it was going to go from La to San Francisco because everybody believes in unicorns at certain times in their life. Now we know it's not going to come anywhere close to San Francisco, and it's not even going to sniff LA. This review targets the federal grants for construction specifically within the Central Valley, and those funds could be pulled within about a month after the High Speed Rail authority responds to all of this. The Federal Railroad Administration's acting administrator said high Speed Rail relied on the false hope of an unending spigot a federal taxpayer dollar. In essence, the High Speed Rail has conned the taxpayer out of its four billion dollar investment with no viable plan to deliver even that partial segment on time. Sean Duffy, Secretary Transportation, was actually asked about this in an interview this morning. What the report says and what it means going forward.
Speaker 6: So we have a three hundred page report that came out that basically says the timelines and the budget for the California High Speed Rail is they can't meet them right. And so we have four billion dollars that has been authorized to go to California to build this project, and we don't want to invest in boondoggles, and so we basically found that they're not going to be able to complete the project, which I think all of Californians and all of Americans knew. But we're going to give them thirty days to respond to us. If they think we're wrong, we'll hear them out. But after that, if they don't make a good case, we're going to take that money back. I want to see high speed rail in America, Danny. You go to your they have high speed rail everywhere and it works. Why it can't be built in America and why it can't be built within you? You know timeframes that work for the people that invest in these projects. Ears It makes no sense to me. And again, we'll look for good projects to invest in. This does not appear to be one of them. Not one high speed track has been laid and we're sixteen billion dollars in seventeen years into the project. And again this has all the marketings of boondoggle.
Speaker 1: It just makes no sense. Why we don't have high speed rail from La to Vegas. Plenty of empty space, plenty of land, all of it makes no sense. I mean, I get it that you get the politicians involved, but it gets to a point where, all right, there's corrupt politicians in every country. Why are ours hamstringing us so much? To the tune of not having high speed rail in this country. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: We are so behind, and it's frustrating because there's no real good way to fix this problem. You can't put the toothpaste back in the fourteen billion dollar tube something like that. Right now, we've we've, we've we The state of California has spent about eleven billion dollars on the project. The other three or four billion that have come in has has been federal monies. And what Sean Duffy in the Transportation Administration and the Trump administration in general are trying to do is prevent another loss of four billion dollars to go down this giant, giant dung hole that is the tight spl a.
Speaker 2: Dung hole dung hole.
Speaker 1: I have some some relationship news to tell you.
Speaker 2: These are both not great updates, not great.
Speaker 1: Dakota Johnson and Chris Martin calling it quits again.
Speaker 2: I had my money on those guys.
Speaker 1: They are splitting it up again. It feels final this time, according to sources. Do you want to know who else is splitting up?
Speaker 2: Be careful. I'm on very very tenuous emotional ground.
Speaker 1: Vulnerability is all I see when I look at you right now, Ryan Lochty and his wife playboy pin.
Speaker 2: Up Ryan Lochtey Swimmer or Ian Locktey Yes, yes, from the twenty sixteen Games.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Oh wait a minute, Ryan, was he the one that got in trouble? Uh got caught on like a surveillance camera at a convenience store there in Brazil.
Speaker 2: We all hammered out of his mission. We all have our stories.
Speaker 1: Ryan lochte was not a MENSA member from what I remember, right and ended up marrying a playboy playmate, having a couple of kids, and now she has filed for divorce, saying that the move on from Ryan is one of the most painful, revealing, and challenging seasons of my life.
Speaker 3: I hope my wife would say something about that, something like that, you think so. I would hope she would say, this has been the hardest decision I've ever had to make, or I can't believe I'm leaving behind the husband of my children, or something like that, other than it's about time.
Speaker 2: How long do you think she's been thinking about this decision?
Speaker 3: For She's probably got a paragraph or two written up just in case, Right, just in case.
Speaker 2: Who's asking for which publication? Is calling her. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because if she leaves you, we're gonna have to do a whole show on it, like we're gonna milk it.
Speaker 2: Just so you know, I.
Speaker 1: Will take your heartbreak. I'll take your heartbreak and we'll use it for ratings. I mean, we'll call in doctor Wendy, We'll call in justin to see what the impact on your grown children will be. We'll call in, you know, sex therapists quit, and all sorts of people will get in.
Speaker 2: A dating app person. It'll be a whole thing.
Speaker 9: It'll be like a sweet like a sweeps a week, and we'll do a whole week of stuff on getting you back out there. Especially if she leaves you, then you have all that goodwill that you didn't even earn, unearned goodwill because people feel sorry for you and she left you, So have all of that. Probably clean up, probably get a lot of tail with that story, that sob story.
Speaker 2: I could. Yeah. Oh maybe if you left.
Speaker 1: Her, which you would never do because you are smarter than Ryan Lochtey, which is not saying much, you'd get no, we would do nothing. You would get no, you would get no goodwill. You'd be that a hole that left the wife after the kids were grown. Yeah, I wouldn't even do the show with you.
Speaker 2: Probably you would make it. You would stand on your morals at.
Speaker 1: That point, stand on somebody's morals, somebody's morals.
Speaker 7: Can we get a ton more drunk Carrie freaking great?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just to clarify, it wasn't drunk, it was high.
Speaker 6: It was Gary.
Speaker 1: You high and or drunk is really a fun character.
Speaker 2: We should do that more. Okay, we'll do We'll do entire shows. What would he watch? What do you think he would watch here? Here? He would watch poop cruise? Poop what poop cruise? Poop cruise?
Speaker 3: Raised so, oh my god, poop cruise. Gary Shannon will continue.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM. Six forty.
Speaker 1: Stories we're following for you today. Hear about the stampede in India. At least eleven people dead, thirty injured. They were trying to get into a cricket stadium. You're always a proponent for bringing cricket to the masses.
Speaker 2: Here in this country. I will watch it.
Speaker 1: I know you will. And this is what you want. You want to bring with it a stampede that will kill people.
Speaker 2: I want the sport. I don't want the crazy people to watch it. That's different. They're very excited to see cricket the fervor it brings with it.
Speaker 3: Federal authorities say that they have arrested a Washington stateman who may have provided the chemicals to make explosives that were used in the bomb outside that fertility clinic and Palm Springs. They arrested a thirty two year old guy last night in New York after he was extradited from Poland.
Speaker 2: The US attorney here, Bill A.
Speaker 3: Sale, says that Daniel Park, thirty two year old Daniel Park, shipped one hundred and eighty pounds of ammonium nitrate. It's a guy, Edward Barkass, the responsible for the bombing of the clinic. The chemical compound is an explosive precursor, they say that can be used to make homemade bombs. He also traveled to California late in January to experiment with explosives with Barkas for about two weeks.
Speaker 2: You remember Barcas was killed in the explosion.
Speaker 1: So for decades, Hollywood is taken from Stephen King to create movies and Stephen King has famously said, well, not said much about these movies in his his own reasoning, if I don't have anything nice to say, I kind of shut up about it. In other words, he doesn't like what Hollywood does with his books, or his novellas or what have you. But hey, listen, oh cash that check is essentially what he's saying and what author really is truly happy with a film adaptation of their work. I would say that that would probably be pretty rare, just because it's so hard to take all of a book and put it into something like a movie, all the things that go along with the senses that it evokes a book evokes. But Stephen King is happy with Life of Chuck. Now I have not. I did not know about this. This is one of his novellas, Stephen King's. He loves it. Apparently. I just pulled up I haven't looked at the trailer yet, but I just pulled up the synopsis. Tom Hiddleston is in it, and it is a movie. It's life affirming, genre bending's story about three chapters in the life of an ordinary man named Charles Krantz, and it has hit the movies. It's apparently about what matters in life when everything else is lost. They say there is dancing, Walt Whitman, and joy.
Speaker 3: Stephen King's non creepy stories and novella's I think are some of my favorite pieces of writing. I didn't know until probably five or six years after it came out that stand By Me was based on a Stephen King novella. I didn't know that, and that one of my all time favorite movies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so this comes out, I believe tomorrow or the next day, Thursday or Friday, The Life of Chuck, So I'll have to check that out.
Speaker 3: We have a trio of trailers up, including the Downton Abbey movie that's coming up.
Speaker 2: The next Dexter.
Speaker 3: This is Dexter Resurrection, where Dexter is a continuing Dexter REGI Resurrection Sorry, is a continuation of the first sequel series, Dexter. New Blood picks up immediately where that series left off in twenty twenty one, with Dexter surviving Sorry stand by spoiler alert, Dexter survives being shot by his son. It's first revealed and the flash forward back in Dexter Original Sin, which was renewed for a second season, also headed up by this guy. And then the third trailer up there is for a new Netflix show. Yeah, Netflix, definitely Netflix. Poop Cruise.
Speaker 2: This is I thought you made that up. I thought that was a joke. It's a series.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a series called train Wreck and it highlights people who have lived through headline making events or disasters and tragedies.
Speaker 2: Train Wreck and.
Speaker 3: This one poop Cruise is that four day round trip from Galveston to cause mel four thousand plus plus passengers and crew on board, and talks about the engine fire that destroyed electrical cables that supplied the entire ship. The boat is left drifting, no power, no propulsion, no refrigeration, no lighting, no air conditioning, and not one flushing toilet on the entire trip.
Speaker 2: Imagine what that smells like.
Speaker 3: That's the four day uh blue cruise ship blues. That's where that song came from. Was that story?
Speaker 2: Why would you want to watch something about that?
Speaker 3: The reason we for the same reason we watched disaster documentaries.
Speaker 2: It didn't happen to you. I don't want to you know, you didn't you watch the fire festival documentaries.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you're not sitting in people's feces for an hour and a half.
Speaker 3: Well, I would say it's it's even worse. Well, that would be that would be worse. Sitting in your own feces is bad enough, right, you want to you don't want to sit in other people's either.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming, okay.
Speaker 1: I have stumbled upon not stumbled upon it. It has been written up numerous times. A great new show on Hulu. Talk about it when we come back.
Speaker 5: You're listening to Gary and Shannon on demand from KFI AM six forty.
Speaker 1: The Stephen King movie that's coming out in select theaters on Friday everywhere the following week.
Speaker 2: The trailer made me cheer up a little bit. It looks they're.
Speaker 1: Calling it like a modern day. It's a wonderful life. It looks life affirming, all of the things, all of the fields. Looks really good. Stephen King loves it, they say. The critics say it's the best Stephen King movie ever. Adaptation. Wow ah, I'll go see that.
Speaker 3: We were asking you what have you been watching on this what you're watching Wednesday?
Speaker 8: Gary and Shannon. This is Lynn from McKenny, Texas for what you watch on Wednesday. I know it's early, but I wanted to get in there. You got to watch Department Q Netflix.
Speaker 2: I saw that.
Speaker 8: I binge watched it the whole weekend, great detective series.
Speaker 2: I loved it. Oh thank you, I'm a great dank you too.
Speaker 3: I noticed that a lot of these shows that show up on Netflix, you know, because we watched certain things, almost every single.
Speaker 2: One of them. Last night was a foreign made Yes movie.
Speaker 1: Yes, the first two or top rated movies, and then the show I believe this one's a Scottish crime thriller TV series. Carl, a former top rated detective, is racked with guilt following an attack that left his partner paralyzed and another placeman dead. On his return to work, Carl is assigned to a cold case that will consume his life.
Speaker 3: Based on a series of or a trilogy I guess of Danish films too, So everything is made elsewhere. Hey, guys, for what you're watching Wednesday, you guys have to check out The Foxhole Murders.
Speaker 2: It's either on Hulu or Netflix. Pretty sure Hulu. Have a good day, everybody.
Speaker 1: The fox Hollow Murder fox Hollow Murder playground of a serial killer that sounds uplifting a notorious serial killer case and Suburban Indiana.
Speaker 2: On Hulu from ABC News.
Speaker 7: This is zero X here and what we watched this week was I literally just told you on Amazon. It's a British game show hosted by comedian Jimmy Carr, who's always from the They just started with the contestants something puts them on random details to test their memories. We only got through a couple of episodes because it's British, but if it was localized it would be a fantastic watching exercise.
Speaker 2: I literally just told you.
Speaker 3: Jimmy Carr is the comedian who hosted a show that I told you about a few weeks ago, which was Last One Laughing, where they put a bunch of comedians into sort of a Big Brother style house and they cannot laugh at each other. Oh yeah, he's the host that's called Last One Laughing.
Speaker 2: I love watching comedians try not to laugh.
Speaker 3: It's really it was really, really fun. The British version of it was really funny. The Canadian version of it I started watching was not anywhere near as funny.
Speaker 2: Hey, Gary and Shannon, what do you guys take on the ending of your friends and neighbors? Your Friends and Neighbors? From Apple TV Our Buddy, John Ham, Olivia Munn. The ending.
Speaker 1: What I took from it is there's going to be a second season. That's what I took from the ending.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, well the very end, the reveal, I mean, the reveal of solving the solving.
Speaker 2: The murder is that's not shocking. No, it wasn't who I chose?
Speaker 3: Why did you choose? I thought it was going to be his bipolar sister, John Ham's bipolar.
Speaker 2: So good. I like that twist. That's it would have been fun too, because she didn't need to. I mean, why what would her motivate? That's the part I fell in. That's where my case fell apart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your honor, I have no further question.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I kind of thought it was going to be about the money, and there were certain little comments planted in there, like you're pretending to care about your debt, you know, like all those things where she kind of was putting on the whole We've seen how many times in real life have we seen the ex wife or the beneficiary of whatever money there is put on the show knowing that, knowing that the relationship was over or had soured, but yet they put on the show.
Speaker 5: The show by hearing shown is of course I king currently watching prom Queen on Netflix. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, pretty good slash movie said in the late eighties, where the killer decides to start killing all the prom Queen candidates off one by one.
Speaker 2: So it's a good viewing. Give it a Lookski.
Speaker 1: It's an rl Stein, which was an author that I read when I was ten years old. Did all those creepy books if you're of the age range, you know what I'm talking about, goosebumps, all that stuff. Yeah, and I've read this book and I used to love to read these horror books as a kid.
Speaker 2: And I started watching this and I was like, I don't know, it's too much for me. I don't remember the plot line at all.
Speaker 1: I thought it would be fun Nostaligia because it takes place in nineteen eighty eight or whatever, and that's when all the cool kids went to high school.
Speaker 2: If you grew up when I did, because that much much much younger.
Speaker 3: Tell us about your show that you were talking about these adults.
Speaker 2: I love this show. The episodes are like thirty minutes. It's on Hulu.
Speaker 1: It's about friends in their twenties who live in Queens and they're.
Speaker 2: Figuring out how to be adults.
Speaker 1: And I thought that it would be annoying because it's a different generation.
Speaker 2: It is delightful. I haven't laughed out loud.
Speaker 1: This much at a show in a very long I can't tell you the last time. It's great, and the characters are lovable, it's fun, it's quick, it's easy.
Speaker 3: Okay, But twenty somethings trying to make their way in the world of it's great queen, it's not friends, no.
Speaker 1: See, And they say that they go like like girls with sex in the city. No, no, no, stop trying to make girls happen. Girls was not sex in the city. Sex in the City was like so much bigger than girls ever was. And then I read a review that this is supposed to be adults are supposed to be the next generation of that kind of show. They're all very different adults. I wouldn't put it into a box. It's I wouldn't put it into a friend's box or anything like that.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I mean, I mean I was looking over your shoulder. I didn't recognize any of them. Of the actors, No.
Speaker 1: I mean I kind of recognize them as like in other stuff, in bit parts, but not any big names that I recognize, but it's a fun.
Speaker 3: Watch adults adults on who All right, Well, tomorrow is Thursday, which means we're going to do another show.
Speaker 1: But you know, what I'm really addicted to is the book I'm reading, which is the book, and the book is The Fourth Wing by Rebecca Yarros. I know I'm late to the already. It came out a couple of years ago. This is a trilogy. It's a Dragon College. It's fantasy. It's usually not my thing. It's not my thing. I can't put it down. I cannot put it down.
Speaker 2: Huh so bad. Dragon College. I'm just listen. It's a whole thing. Dragon College. Don't knock it. We learn new things every day, don't we. John Cobal chows up next. We'll see you tomorrow. Stay drive, everybody, bless things. You've been listening to The Gary and Shannon Show.
Speaker 3: You can always hear us live on KFI AM six forty nine am to one pm every Monday through Friday, and anytime on demand on the iHeartRadio app.