Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz Bang Bang the pub quiz practice show that right in the quizzer. I'm David Flora.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm Annie Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than there are. People who are excited that the World Cup is over and we'll stop asking you questions about it. Hey, David, huh did you know that Spain only had one goal done against them the entire World Cup? Do you know which country did that goal?
Speaker 1: I saw it? Yes?
Speaker 2: Oh yes? Is it the greatest country in the world?
Speaker 1: Say it? Yes, Belgium scored the Yeah, go Belgium. They were the only had you put it? The only country goal done against them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the right way to talk about sports. You're welcome.
Speaker 1: We had some goals done against us.
Speaker 2: Oh yay.
Speaker 1: Thank you for the coffee from Richard. Thank you, Richard, give you and a couple of new patrons. We have a different Richard, Lawrence.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Richard and Lawrence.
Speaker 1: Thanks everybody. We will concede those goals done against us.
Speaker 2: Yes, they make us stronger. I think that we're not doing the sports anology correctly.
Speaker 1: As we do goals against those who do goals against us.
Speaker 2: No, that sounds like a religion.
Speaker 1: And lead us not into correction, which we also will thrawut there real quick. We had spelled ziologists wrong, spelled it with a Z instead of an X.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was all me. It was we wrote it with an X, and my brain just broke. So we apologize. But if you listened to the episode later, we did correct the episode.
Speaker 1: We corrected, put the correct spelling in, So that should all be good to go now. And other than that, I think it's time to get too trivia. Here's how the show works. Whiz Quiz, Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the big bang, a final round with three questions, whose answers are all clues to one final question. Round one. Question one, the category is science. Which form of electromagnetic radiation has wavelets of one hundred to four hundred nanometers? Question two category Language. This one comes from listener Bobby. Thank you, Bobby, Thank you, Bobby, following Brazil, what is the second largest Portuguese speaking country in the world. Question three, Category animals? What name is given to male rhinoceroses? Question four category fashion? Founded by a French fashion designer? Which company is world renowned for its number five perfume fragrance? And now the answer is to round one? Question one? Which form of electromagnetic radiation has wavelengths of one hundred to four hundred nanometers ultraviolet? Ultraviolet light? Question two? Following Brazil, what is the second largest Portuguese speaking country in the world Angola, which is then followed by Portugal and then Mozambique. Question three? What name is given to male rhinoceroses? Bulls? Females are called cows and young are called calves.
Speaker 2: Did they just not saw the rhinoceros and go let's just call them like cowles? The person who didn't name that this was just really in.
Speaker 1: The tanky cows?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Question four Founded by French fashion designer? Which company is world renowned for its number five perfume fragrance chanel?
Speaker 2: Round two? Question five The category is music. Which song written by Jimmy Webb is considered one of the greatest songs ever Written by Bob Dylan and Billy Joel in the first existential country song. Question six, the category is sports. This question comes from listener Jose Thank you, Joe, thank you. In golf an albatross is how many strokes under or over par? Question seven? The category is space. Sir Fred Hoyle is known for coining what two word phrase for a theory whose premise he rejected? Question eight, the category is theater. Which Tony winning musical includes the songs All Am Can Profit, I Believe? And Orlando and Now. The answer is to round two? Question five? Which song written by Jimmy Webb is considered one of the greatest songs ever written by Bob Dylan and Billy Joel and the first existential country song, Wichita Lineman. The lyrics are all about unresolved things, and the chords never resolved, so it's like, whoa watch out unresolved music. That's why Bob Dyllan Billy Joel just can't get enough of it. Question six in golf at albatross is how many strokes under over par. It's three under on a single hole. It's also known as a double eagull cock cock. Question seven. Sir Fred Hoyle is known for coining what two word phrase for a theory whose premise he rejected Big Bang. He did also formulate the theory of stellar nucleosynthesis. So can't just be like, oh, who was that dumb dumb? He was very smart dumb dumb. Question eight. Which Tony winning musical includes the songs All American Prophet, I Believe and Orlando Book of Mormon.
Speaker 1: That's it for the first half. That means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is Entertainment. You'll have forty five seconds to give as many answers as you can to the following. There were eleven people or groups that were featured performers in the first fee the halftime show at the World Cup Final. Name them your time starts now.
Speaker 2: That's time. The eleven people are groups that performed in the first FIFA halftime show were Justin Bieber, Madonna, Shakira, BTS, Burna Boy, Los Angeles Philharmonic director Gustavo Dudomel, New York City's PS twenty two Chorus featuring cold Plays, Chris Martin, The Muppets, Ted Lasso or Jason Sudeikis and Coach Beard or Brendan Hunt.
Speaker 1: And then they didn't perform. But the two dudes that were with Madonna were Ronaldo and Ronaldinho.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they looked real happy. Were Yeah. I could have used more muppets. It'll be interesting to see if they keep.
Speaker 1: It very Question nine. The category is geography. Al Kahira is the Arabic name for which capital city? Question ten, Category Games and hobbies. This one comes from listener Nolan. Thank you, Nolan, Thank you Nolan. Within plus minus twenty, how many official species of Pokemon are there as of January first, twenty twenty six. Question eleven. Category literature In one thousand and one nights, who is the protagonist who has to tell stories each night? Question twelve? Category World Leaders. This week Andy Burnham became Prime Minister of what and now the answers to round three? Question nine. Al Kahira is the Arabic name for which capital city, Cairo in Egypt? Question ten? Within twenty how many official species of Pokemon are there as of January first, twenty twenty six, one thousand and twenty eight.
Speaker 2: Wow, and you have to collect them all. That's the only rule.
Speaker 1: That's the only rule, too, darn MANI.
Speaker 2: I'm glad we're not into that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sigh of relief. Question eleven. In one thousand and one nights, who is the protagonist who has to tell stories each night? Shahrazad I was smart of her Question twelve This week and de Burnham became Prime Minister of what the United Kingdom the seventh prime minister in ten years? I believe they said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the US and the UK are keeping things very interesting in different ways. Round four. Question thirteen. The category is architecture. The Empire State Building is an example of what style of architecture? Question fourteen. The category is history. What modern day country was formed after the marriage of Queen Isabella of Castile and King Ferdinand of Aragon in the merging of their kingdoms. Question fifteen. The category is mythology. This question comes from listener Major Dada. Thank you, Major Daeda. The builder of a mythical ship shares their name with what faithful dog of Odysseus who waited twenty years for his master to come home? Question sixteen. The category is food and drink. First introduced in reaction to backlash from New Coke in nineteen eighty five, What word was removed for good from Coca Cola's North American packaging in two thousand and nine, and now the answer is to round four. Question thirteen. The Empire State Building is an example of what style of architecture Art Deco? Question fourteen? What modern day country was formed after the marriage of Queen Isabella of Castile and King Ferdinand of Aragon and their merging of their kingdoms Spain. So Ferdinand is considered the de facto first King of Spain and was described as such during his reign, even though legally Castile and Aragon remained two separate kingdoms until they were formerly united by the Nueva Plantat decrees issued between seventeen oh seven and seventeen sixteen.
Speaker 1: And after Elrond gave his blessing el Ron Hubbard Elrond, the father of Isabella Arwin.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: Yes, they had to make sure that the journey was over and everybody reunited. That la menace.
Speaker 2: Terris Question fifteen. The building.
Speaker 1: I know it's a gorn. I know there's another r in there. You just gotta take it where you can get it.
Speaker 2: If you can sniff out a Lord of the Rings reference, they're gonna take it.
Speaker 1: Even if it's from exactly I have to pigeonhole it in there.
Speaker 2: Question fifteen, the builder of a mythical ship shares their name with what faithful dog of Odysseus who waited twenty years for his master to come home our ghosts? Question sixteen first introduced in reaction to backlash from New Coke in nineteen eighty five. What word was removed for good from Coca Cola's North American packaging in two thousand and nine Classic Did you ever try New Coke?
Speaker 1: I think I was too young.
Speaker 2: I think so too, because I'm just curious, like how awful it was that everyone was so angry.
Speaker 1: That's it for the regular rounds. That means it's time for the Big Bang. The category for this week's Big Bang round is US President Folklore. We'll ask you three questions. The answers of what were all clues to the final questions answer. Keep in mind the three clue questions may not be from the same category as the.
Speaker 2: Final question one, which American University is the only school to have won the national championship in both basketball and football in the same year two thousand and seven.
Speaker 1: Question two. Antarctica contains about seventy percent of the world's reserves of what?
Speaker 2: Question three, what is the term for an assembly of persons met for worship and religious instruction?
Speaker 1: And your Big Bang question again the categories US President folklore. According to a likely made up legend, the Marquis d' lafayette gave President John Quincy Adams what as a gift?
Speaker 2: And now the answers to the Big Bang round. Question one, Which American university is the only school to have won the national championship in both basketball and football in the same year two thousand and seven, University of Florida.
Speaker 1: Question two, Antarctica contains about seventy percent of the world's reserves of what fresh water?
Speaker 2: Question three, what is the term for an assembly of persons met for worship and religious instruction? Congregation?
Speaker 1: And finally, according to a likely made up legend, the Marquis de Lafayette gave President and John Quincy Adams what as a gift? The mascot of the University of Florida that lives in congregations mostly in fresh water, an alligator.
Speaker 2: Alligators are great.
Speaker 1: I was said that he was given this alligator and kept it in the bathtub to scare guests. But nobody can really find a credible source that says this. Adams didn't write about it at all in any of his correspondences. Neither did any I think news or publications around the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if that was real, you think there'd be at least a mention. I don't think you'd be like, dear Diary, nothing happened.
Speaker 1: Today today when I took a bath. Apparently John Quincy Adams is kind of a lightning rod for legends, because there was one I think we've talked about on the show before where he was swimming naked in the river and a newspaper journalist came and sat on his clothes and wouldn't give them back to him until he did an interview with her. Yeah, apparently that was just a rumor spread to kind of discredit her as a journalist, which I don't know. I think that's pretty funny. Yeah, a good way to get your questions asked.
Speaker 2: Ka, are you discredit her or making her an icon? It's just not done. You just do not sit upon the president's clum.
Speaker 1: And alligators, for the most part, live in fresh water because I think from what I understand, they don't have a certain organ that helps filter salt. Oh yeah, like crocodiles do if I remember correctly. And yet there are some alligators that live in mangrove shallow and some coastal waters which are brackish, if not just salt water. I think it's just tougher to live there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe not as pleasant. Yeah, Like we could live somewhere that was hot and humid, we just wouldn't enjoy it.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't thrive. And going back to the Cairo question, Oh, Caira, I bet you could do that with just about every capital.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: So what is the local name for this that?
Speaker 2: Yes, I think you could. There might be some that are like Paris.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah that are the.
Speaker 2: Same, but there's probably quite a lot that are different. But other than that, Thanks for goalie us.
Speaker 1: Thanks for doing a goal Yeah. Should have the Zoom Trivia on the second Saturday of August. Oh yeah, coming up. And if you like what we do, consider becoming a patron on Patreon dot com, slash quiz bang or bias a coffee at kodah Fi dot com slash Quizbang Pod. We appreciate you listening and for this episode of Quizquizbang Bang, I have been David Flora.
Speaker 2: I've been Anni Flora. Here's looking at you. Quiz So the shipbuilder Argos was guided by the goddess Athena. He built the iconic fifty ord galley used by Jason and the Argonauts when they went in search of the Golden Fleece. Now, John Leguizamo, who spent a lot of time with the Argos dog in the movie The Odyssey, said that the dog that's used in the movie is actually a very rare dog. There's only seventy five dogs in the whole world, and it's called called a Portuguese podengo. So that's interesting.
Speaker 1: What was he doing on a Greek island.
Speaker 2: We'll write Christopher Nolan a letter. He'll be like, add it to the list.