Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. Beautiful day to do that, right, Glad you're here. Another pretty spring Friday afternoon. Three or three someone three eight two five five texts DA and five seven seven three nine. Jump in on anything you want any time. Obviously, we're going to be following up today. It's now become a national story, as it should be.
Speaker 2: One of the most.
Speaker 1: Grave miscarriages of justice I think any of us have ever seen in Colorado. We were on it yesterday. We'll continue to follow up, try to get additional facts. I assume at this point Ryan Noluck from the DA's office out in Arapo County the eighteenth the DA there now Amy Padden, and we would love to have her on the show to have the conversation.
Speaker 3: I did leave a message, Dan, I did, He says, afternoon.
Speaker 2: I have not heard back yet. Okay, thank you, Kelly.
Speaker 1: I expect it will be a very long wait because you can't defend the indefensible right now, there's always a possibility there are some facts out there that somehow we haven't heard of yet, so we always keep our mind open to that. But I can't even imagine what those would be here, you know, where You've got this fifteen year old vehicular homicide ninety in a forty five and a residential fifteen, no license obviously here illegally, no insurance, and he kills this beautiful young Caitlin Weaver. And in a district Attorney Padden's definition of justice, not a single day of juvenile detention, not a single day, just probation.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: And we talked about that in depth. Do you think of the extraordinarily dangerous message that sends? And obviously the Left in Colorado going out of its way to try to recruit people to come here illegally, regardless of the background, regardless of whether they commit crimes. You know, they've gone to such extremes even recently, of changing law so that if you come here illegally, you get a driver's license first day, first day, you don't even have to express an intent to stay, and you can use a really old ID. Yeah, so the Left is actively recruiting people to come here illegally, regardless of their background in terms of it, they've been a good citizen at their country of origin or a bad, say, now they just want them here. They see them all as potential votes. And you know, the citizens the innocent be damned, and I think we have a very vivid example of that going on here.
Speaker 2: Love to be wrong.
Speaker 1: I don't know how I could be on this, but if the district Attorney has some other explanations, some other facts, we would love to hear them. So we'll be following up on that today. And that ties into something bigger and broader that I've been talking with you about for a long time, which is most people don't realize it until they're victims. But Colorado has such weak and lame laws as they exist right now when it comes to deaths on the roadway, reckless drivers.
Speaker 2: Et cetera.
Speaker 1: And you know, it's just this effort by Republicans and a dever two joined in the legislature to toughen those laws up, try to save more lives, et cetera. And the Democrats shot that down because they are so overt in their choice now in favor of the criminal over the innocent. And that is just where they have staked their claim, and we can talk about why. I think the answer is pretty clear that it's the far far, far left that has the most money right now, and Democrats believe as long as they win their primary in Colorado, they're going to win the general. So they are going so extreme, radically left, and part of that is to be pro.
Speaker 2: Criminal and anti victim.
Speaker 1: Three out three is someone three eight two five five text d an five seven seven three nine. There are still some Democrat das who are honorable and noble and view that office as the sacred trust that they should, and an awful lot of Republicans who do.
Speaker 2: But we're seeing more and more of.
Speaker 1: These politically motivated activist leftists Democrat das, and it's just an extension politics for them, and I think that's just obscene. So we'll continue to follow this story. I want to bring you the Fox News version of it now. Ryan, I could have missed it, right I'm in trial prep and I could have missed it.
Speaker 2: But I have looked around.
Speaker 1: I have not seen this story, which is nobody can argue anything other than extremely important. Have not seen this story anywhere but CBS four correct I haven't seen it in the Denver Post.
Speaker 2: Again, maybe I missed something.
Speaker 1: But but you can be sure that if it was some fifteen year old and a maga hat Trump supporter who committed this AIN'TUS crime, that you'd be seeing this story everywhere. All righty, A lot more to talk about here today as well, A really fascinating sound of Michael Bennett once again kind of exposed on national stage. And if you're somebody Republican or not, I don't care. If you're just somebody who wants to see this state get better that then you should be encouraged by this sound we're going to play for you, because he is the present MP of Nominee and we have seen already that he really struggles when he gets outside of the bubble, and he's going to have to be outside of the bubble.
Speaker 2: A lot during a campaign. So here is.
Speaker 1: Michael Bennett now Mark Helper and he doesn't come from the right. Mark Mark Helprin is more I think aligned with the left. He has a show now, good show called two Way that streams and here he's interviewing Michael Bennett on what should be a juicy target of opportunity for the GOP nominee for governor, and that is bet At Wait a second, you knew that Biden was incompetent and you help cover it up. Right now, those aren't Helpern's words, but they should be.
Speaker 4: Should he not have run because of mental decline or for some other reason?
Speaker 5: I think he shouldn't have run because he was he was.
Speaker 2: I think that he had gotten to the point, I wouldn't say.
Speaker 5: A mental decline, but of of of decline that put him in a position of not being able to wag vigorous campaign against Donald Trump. And there's no way you can beat Donald Trump unless you can wage the vigorous campaign.
Speaker 2: And he couldn't do it.
Speaker 1: So once again, Bennett denying that Biden was in cognitive declined, denying the Herd report, denying all these other reports. Biden, pardon me, Bennett's still claiming that Biden was just mentally fit and strong.
Speaker 4: Why wouldn't you say mental decline? Did you not see that publicly? I didn't see. Well, look when the first thing.
Speaker 3: That I really saw, other than one visit to the White House on an immigration matter, there was about I think six weeks before this was when I saw his debate with Donald Trump. And I think I was the first Democrat to publicly say on network television that we were going to lose in a landslide if he stayed at the top of the ticket.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, what about that visit he had to the White House six weeks before? And Bennett, he's trying to house. He's a US senator and he's not hearing from other people the truth about Joe Biden at that point. That's simply unbelievable. No nobody can believe that. I mean, no matter what job you're in or whatever, you know, the way humans are and the way people talk. And Bennett a Democrat US senator, the president from his party, and he's not hearing from people who are around Biden. And how was Biden at that visit bennettead with him six weeks before, helping continues here.
Speaker 4: But let me ask you about that, because that's a common answer. He once addressed a dead congresswoman at an event meant to honor her as if she were there. He was sequestered from the media, talked to the media far less often, even in twenty twenty, including twenty twenty four. I don't think he needed to see anything secret or private, or that debate to see mental decline?
Speaker 2: Do you not agree with them?
Speaker 6: Well, I think that again, I have not made.
Speaker 3: A personal assessment, you know, at that time, certainly of Joe Biden's mental decline.
Speaker 7: I think he was not in a position to w age of vigorous campaign against Trump, whether it was mental or physical, and we paid a heavy price for his decision to Again.
Speaker 1: Bennett had not made a personal assessment of Biden's mental decline.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is the thing, Ben Bennett.
Speaker 1: Is is so old school politics, right. I just think the world's changing. I think Colorado is changing for the better, and people can spot these these old school politics liars from a mile away. And I think anybody in listening to that interview just comes away thinking, no, he's just he's just an old fashioned political liar, right. I mean, I think this is one of the worst candidates that Democrats.
Speaker 2: Could put up.
Speaker 1: So thank goodness they have three or three someone three eight, two, five, five of the number. Hey, that doesn't mean the Republican.
Speaker 2: O beat him. Don't get me wrong on that.
Speaker 1: Colorado has made it pretty clear it's reflexibly voting Blue Jersey over red Jersey these days. So it will take an awful lot of things coming together well to beat them. But Bennett gives you a chance. Texter or Dan, I have never met anybody that's pro criminal as you say, so just don't exaggerate, please, my friend. I am glad you have not met one of these people.
Speaker 2: But guess what.
Speaker 1: They control the Colorado Democratic Party, and there can be no doubt about it.
Speaker 2: They are actively pro criminal.
Speaker 1: And I don't fault our Texter for not understanding based I assume on his or her life that there are these people now, and they're certainly not a majority of Democrats or a majority of the population, but they just happen to own and operate the Democratic Party and they are actively pro criminal. They believe that criminals have been victimized by society. The criminals haven't had the types of opportunities and the types of benefits that others in society have had. Belief that criminals are in fact criminals because they're a.
Speaker 2: Victim of racism.
Speaker 1: Obviously we have a lot of white criminals as well, but you just have a Democratic Party now controlled by people who are actively pro criminal, And how can you even question that when you look at what they're doing. What's your other explanation for their behavior.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Capla Show.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 8: His intent, I will tell you that there is a guy in Georgia who is issuing threats on my life about a month ago, and he's in jail today.
Speaker 2: He has been.
Speaker 8: Indicted with a crime, as he should have been, and he is in jail as we speak. So whatever James Comy intent, he and people like him need to be held to account according to the law, which is something that he claims to have given his life fore and stands by the rule of law.
Speaker 2: Fantastic.
Speaker 8: The rule of law says people like him who issued direct threats against the President of the United States, essentially issuing a call to assassinate him, must be held accountable under the law.
Speaker 1: Telsea Gabbert, Director of National Intelligence, want to get your take on this. What do you think should be done to James Comy? Do you think he should be arrested right now? I think he should be prosecuted. Think he should be convicted. Do you think he should be jailed? What do you think his defense is going to be?
Speaker 2: Three or three?
Speaker 1: Someone three eight, two, five, five, the number techs DN five seven seven, three nine. We have a lot more sound on that as well as we tee up text and calls on this. I'll give you my take obviously. I'm thinking about this from a lot of different aspects, starting with, of course, the law, because anything has to be tethered to the law. We are better than the Democrats are. We are not going to do what they did. We're not going to misuse the legal system, weaponize the legal system against political opponents. Acution has to be absolutely justified, and a prosecution that would occur against a political ally as well. Now, right out of the gate, let's put the easy one to bed. Right, If this said penned Donald Trump, who would have issued that eight six four six aimed at Joe Biden? You know, the hanging probably would have taken about a week. He would have been promptly arrested and fully prosecuted and likely convicted in whatever venue, meaning they would have chosen a friendly venue, but he might have been convicted in any venue. So we'll get that out of the way. There's no question about that, right, So what should happen here? Three or three someone three eight two five five the number some other commentary on this. Here's a Jonathan Lemire, Politico on MSNBC.
Speaker 9: We heard from FBI diressor Cash Hotel that they're going to be investigating it. You already read a few number of Trump officials who said they would as well, and it's hard to know whether or not they'll be there there. I mean Tolme took a post down imediately. He apologized.
Speaker 1: Is that Ryan, I got to get a new law book because mine doesn't have that in there. Mine doesn't say, Okay, you can call for the assassination of the president, but.
Speaker 2: As long as you apologize, get.
Speaker 1: Out of jail free. I need a new law book. Yeah, okay.
Speaker 9: He feel surprising to me that he is so disliked on the right, considering the role he he'll play in Donald Trump's original election in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: He can't be that dumb. He can't.
Speaker 1: And I know he's not dumb. Lamiir's not dumb. He's just a lefty. But here's the point.
Speaker 2: Lefties really do think we're stupid.
Speaker 1: Even when we beat him, Even when we beat him consistently, they still think we're stupid.
Speaker 2: It's just part of their worldview.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I can't imagine why the right doesn't like call me because he helped Trump beat Clinton in sixteen when he investigated Clinton.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, maybe it's because the coup attempt. Yeah, maybe it's because James Comy was part of the coup attempt. And I called it that at the time, and it was one hundred percent correct. Remember that the Russia hoax, which is really way too gentle a word for it, that was that was a coup attempt, an attempted to ruin and jail and drive from the presidency an innocent man with a false allegation. And James Comy was right in the middle of it. And and I think my interpretation of his comments kind of bragged about that later and will.
Speaker 2: Place some of those comments.
Speaker 1: So no, yeah, that's why not the right, but anybody thinking right has a big problem with James Comy. Even before, in my few he clearly called for the assassination of the President of the United States, knowing that in his position as former FBI director, he would have it is more likely that his call for the killing of Trump would be acted upon than somebody else's because he's former f director. Wow, And boy, I hope the things I want to see happen happen soon.
Speaker 2: Let's start with Rusty and Englewood. You're on the Dan Kaplis, she'll welcome.
Speaker 10: Hey Dan. I'm just a couple of things about this. First of all, I totally agree with you. I think it's reprehensible, but I do want to play a little bit of the devil's advocate as well. Yes yesterday I was watching Jesse Waters when this story first broke, and enough as part of another story, they showed a bunch of protesters and several of them were holding signs that said eighty six forty seven in one version or another. And then you know, I thought, well, I'm going to look up what eighty six means, and it can mean a lot of things. It basically get rid of. Get rid of is probably the main thing, but everyone on our side is taking it as get rid of him permanently, assassinate him, kill him. So I just think there's a little bit of of we go room there for someone's that's trying to get out of using those numbers to oh, you're.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent correct, you're a hundred percent correct, rusting And that's what I said yesterday when this story broke is this was, in my view, premeditated, deliberate by Comy, and that Comy has gone through and probably with lawyers, the same analysis you just went through, and that Comy believes that he can accomplish two purposes here.
Speaker 2: One is to.
Speaker 1: Protect himself from any successful criminal prosecution, and if he is arrested, he probably intends to raise tens of millions off it. And then the second, and my personal belief, just just my personal belief, can't prove it. I don't have subpoena power. I can't go in and get his ZSI all that other stuff. My personal belief is that in issuing that he hoped it was acted upon. And it depends in part upon who makes a threat and under what circumstances. He's the former FBI director, he has already tried to destroy Trump's life. He knew the second he published that it made an assassination of Donald Trump more likely. So judge him by his actions, judge his intent by his actions. And how could any logical, analytical, honest thinker conclude anything other than he wanted to increase the chance of an assassination.
Speaker 2: I one hundred percent disagree.
Speaker 10: I just kind of wanted to. Yeah, I mean, I guess that's something that's been out there for a while. The eighty six forty seven he didn't. It's not original something that he came up with originally, but it has been out.
Speaker 2: There for a while. I don't think so has killed Trump.
Speaker 10: Well, I know, and if he gets, you know, prosecuted, then there are probably some other people that should be prosecuted as well, all these purple haired old ladies that are at these protests.
Speaker 1: For one, Rusty, this is such a great call because I want to dig into that right now.
Speaker 2: Thank you. What a brilliant call.
Speaker 1: In any criminal prosecution, right listen, I do catastrophic injury work. I don't do criminal low but I've covered a lot of big criminal cases for the networks back in the day. In any kind of criminal prosecution, you're looking at these specific facts and circumstances the individual, the individual's actual intent, and so no, you don't compare Komy to some you know, pink haired seventy eight year old with an eight six four to six sign out somewhere.
Speaker 2: You know, you have to look at these individual facts.
Speaker 1: I'll continue this after the break, but Rusty's core point is a brilliant one, and it's the one I made yesterday.
Speaker 2: Komy knew what he was doing when he did this.
Speaker 1: He's very confident he cannot be successfully prosecuted. He probably wants to be prosecuted and prosecuted unsuccessfully and get back in the limelight and raise tens of million dollars in the process.
Speaker 10: You know.
Speaker 1: And Danielle Jerinsky after the break on this horrific miscarriage of judge justice in a Repo.
Speaker 6: County, you're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 11: Well, Phil, it's hard to believe you can kill someone and not do a single day in prison. But that's exactly the deal a teenage illegal alien got in Colorado after he crashed into an innocent woman while going twice to speed limit. Twenty four year old Caitlin Weaver was driving home from work in Aurora, Colorado, last summer. That's when a fifteen year old unlicensed illegal alien driving ninety miles per hour in a forty five zone crashed into her car. She was taken off life support two days later. Now, shockingly, the Arapaho County DA's office has now given the unidentified alien driver a plea deal, which we'll see him serve no prison time and instead get only probation and community service.
Speaker 2: That on Fox News.
Speaker 1: I'm glad it's gone in national Danielle Jorinsky, the superstar city councilwoman from Aurora.
Speaker 2: Kind enough to join us on this.
Speaker 1: Danielle ed, what does this do to make the streets of Arepo County safer? I mean it to me, this is such a dangerous precedent, such a dangerous message the DA is sending at any point in time, but particularly given the carnage we see on our roadways these days. And my lord, Danielle, what are you saying to the parents of this beautiful young woman? You know what, what are you saying about the value of their daughter who was killed? So love your take on this.
Speaker 12: Yeah, well thanks for having me, Dan. This absolutely sickens me. I have posted about this, I think the last three days in a row. I know. Fox News ran this story this morning and mentioned my name in it.
Speaker 13: I am absolutely sickened.
Speaker 12: And the message this sends.
Speaker 13: Is that we value the illegals more than we do our own citizens.
Speaker 1: Right this criminal illegals, you have committed crimes?
Speaker 12: Well absolutely, and what not? What's not mentioned?
Speaker 13: Also is that this fifteen year old driving had children in the car.
Speaker 1: With him, so no regard for human lives.
Speaker 13: And then mom, Mom turns around and says, oh, he took the vehicle without my knowledge. He took the vehicle and your other young children.
Speaker 12: Without your knowledge.
Speaker 2: So is a car.
Speaker 13: Then they say, that's what moms saying.
Speaker 1: Mom saying, another reason not to punish him in the eyes of the DA I.
Speaker 13: Guess well, it's why mom couldn't be punished.
Speaker 12: That's why mom couldn't.
Speaker 13: Be punished, because apparently in Colorado, all you have to say is.
Speaker 12: My child took my vehicle without my knowledge. So so not only do we have not that's autofest.
Speaker 13: Then at that point that the fifteen year old who's here illegally driving with obviously no license, no insurance.
Speaker 12: And and committed period.
Speaker 13: And what do you say to the family of Caitlin Weaver.
Speaker 12: I I I'm speechless.
Speaker 1: Well, what they're saying is is, in my constitutionally protected opinion, that their politics matters more than their daughter's life, politics meaning the politics of the prosecutor the elected.
Speaker 13: And if you go back and you watch the swearing in ceremony for Amy Patten, which I have it. If you go back and watch her swearing in ceremony and.
Speaker 12: The speech that she gave, she said that this was coming. She said that she.
Speaker 13: Was going to protect our our undocumented neighbors, or however she worded it.
Speaker 12: She said that this is what she was going to do. So she's just she's just now proving it.
Speaker 2: Where can we find that sound? I'd love to find that sound.
Speaker 12: Oh, I can send it to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, appreciate it. I'd love to hear it, and I'd love to get her on air and and air it all out. Have they have the whole big conversation.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I doubt that she'll come on because she's a coward, but uh, you can definitely it's her own words. It's it's her swearing in ceremony, and she goes on and on about you know, the the the inequities and sentencing for the black and brown community and what she's going to do to protect our undocumented neighbors. I have it.
Speaker 12: I have it, and I'm happy to send it to you.
Speaker 13: And I am absolutely disgusted.
Speaker 12: Disgusted by this.
Speaker 13: And I hope that our partners at ICE are watching this and and you know, probation, probation, this is this is sit that is the value that she has put on Caitlin Weaver's life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I think anybody who's not sickened by it probably needs to see a cardiologist and neurologist. Danielle Cherinski our guest, Danielle, I want to go back to a good point you made earlier about the mother. And I don't know the details of this, by the way, I haven't seen that the files. I doubt they're making the public. But you say that your understanding is the DA's office said they couldn't charge the mother because the mother said that the vehicle had been stolen. Now, I can tell you we see it all the time in civil law, where people claim a vehicle had been stolen, and then of course there are ways to investigate that and test that claim. And I'd love to know what, if anything, the District Attorney's office did along those lines.
Speaker 13: Sure I would too, but we're not going to get any answers.
Speaker 12: Dan, She's not going to say anything. And now this has gotten.
Speaker 13: So much attention, and it's interesting. Her PIO sent me an email two days ago after I made my first post, and he said, you know something that you.
Speaker 12: Said on your social media.
Speaker 13: I would really like.
Speaker 12: To investigate, but I can only investigate it with your help. You can only investigate it with my help.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 1: What did they say they needed your help to investigate? Because they're the DA's office, right, and they've got really really good investigators over there.
Speaker 2: I know some of them.
Speaker 1: So what is it they need Danielle's help to investigate?
Speaker 13: Oh the fact that she has already started dismissing cases that should have been criminally charged. Should have been criminally charged. So he wanted to know what I was talking about in that regard, but I started talking.
Speaker 12: About Amy Patton.
Speaker 13: You know, this is also very personal for me because Robin Ncetta, the woman who attempted to take my child from me, who.
Speaker 12: Was originally on the original.
Speaker 13: Charges sentenced to four years.
Speaker 12: In prison on.
Speaker 13: One misdemeanor and one felony, then put guilty on seven felony charges and three misdemeanors for all of the fake medical records that Remember, I couldn't get anybody to listen to you. I was called crazy for denying medicine and denying these medical records.
Speaker 12: Soon, Amy Codden takes office. Soon as Amy Codden takes office, she walks with three years probation on that.
Speaker 13: Really, Codden is failing all of us in a Rapahoe County.
Speaker 2: Why do you think she's doing these things?
Speaker 12: She said it in her speech the day she's worn. She said it in her speech. She is a George Soros backed DA. She she uh, you.
Speaker 13: Know, she she's going to work to make crime legal.
Speaker 12: That is what she is going to do.
Speaker 1: Danielle, when you say George sorospec DA, is that kind of a broad figure of speech, or in fact, is there.
Speaker 2: Evidence she can't find me?
Speaker 13: I'll send it to you as well. Many members of the George Soros family, uh donated, Max donated to her campaign.
Speaker 1: Yeah, please do send that because I do think that's important for the public to know, because you know, because I know it's naive, but I've said this for decades on air. DA's office is a sacred trust and there are plenty of Democrat das who see it that way and they wouldn't let political ideology enter in.
Speaker 2: But when you start to.
Speaker 1: Get political activist das who make these decisions based on political ideology, at that point the system is and confidence in the systems fundamentally undermined.
Speaker 13: Absolutely and not as now what the people of a Rapahoe County have, whether they realize it or not.
Speaker 12: But this is what is happening is these activists who are not.
Speaker 13: Actual Democrats are running, but because they have a d NEX to their.
Speaker 12: Name, they seem to win. So common sense has gone out the window.
Speaker 13: But make no mistake of it, there are people like myself in a Rapahoe County, specifically in Aurora, that will continue to call this stuff out, that will continue to charge after these people and will not stand for this. I talked to George Brockoler earlier today. I want to find out how I start a recall effort.
Speaker 2: I get, yeah, that's no serious I have. I have no idea, and I'm going to find out. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, And I have got to believe that if people knew right, But at this point, it looks like CBS four and Fox News.
Speaker 2: Are the only two media outlet's on it.
Speaker 1: I think if every voter in a Rapo County knew the truth about this case, I think this would be an eighty twenty issue that would cross party lines. The problem is, how did how did he educate people on this when the media seems to have kind of zipped it up.
Speaker 2: Or most of the media.
Speaker 12: We take we take it to social media.
Speaker 13: We make it a grassroots effort.
Speaker 12: All on doors if I have to, because he when we were life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh man.
Speaker 13: Not going to end with fiftyfteen year old getting three years probation. I will go out and knock doors.
Speaker 12: If I have to.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, Danielle, really appreciate you being with us today. Please do send us that stuff you have. We'd love to air it and publish it, and then let's let's follow up soon.
Speaker 12: Also, that's Ryan schuling right now. You'll have it in thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it. Thank you.
Speaker 1: That'll give us time to filter it during the break. Thank you, Danielle Jerinski, doing a great job city council woman in Aura.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 6: And now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Making me an offer.
Speaker 1: I cannot refuse to go do a sports show, and I'm just afraid the temptation might be overwhelming, and I respectfully just don't have the time right now.
Speaker 2: But it is a little eerie, isn't it. Ryan? It is I told you that before the show it's just eerie.
Speaker 14: And I think Jamal Murray was listening to the show and that's what fueled his performance last ye I've wondered.
Speaker 2: Sometimes if he does yeah maybe, but yeah so.
Speaker 1: And I won't bore you by repeating the prediction, which was simply that, Okay, because he was ill, he was going to have a great game, right, because it frees you up, there are no expectations. And when he's freed up, he's one of the best players on the planet.
Speaker 2: So yep, can afford to that game. Seven.
Speaker 1: But I have I took a solemn oath as I walked in here that I am not going to talk about what the outcome will be because I don't want to be a spoiler. I know a lot of people are looking forward to it. You know, it just takes the thrill out of it when you know how it's going to end. Three all three someone three, eight, two, five, five, text d an five seven, seven through nine. Thank you to Danielle Zarinsky, who joined us in the last segment a city councilwoman Aurora to talk about what has now become a national story, and it's the kind of story that every single voter in a Rapo County and all of Colorado should know, but they're not right now, because I mean, where's the other media in Colorado. Sean Boyd does this great job on CBS four and we've got crickets as far as I can tell from the others. On what nobody can deny is major news. It's important news. It meets that every definition of news in that it's important. It involves the killing of an innocent, beautiful young woman. And I say killing because my story of the reporting is that it was charged as vehicular homicide and in the end that the new DA, the elected Democrat DA in a Repo County that office, not a single day of detention. It's a juvenile fifteen driving without a license, CBS four says here on documentary legally and doing ninety and a forty five. If you would think that you would hope that would meet the definition of vehicular homicide. Yeah, kills this young woman, not a single day of detention.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So that shocks the conscience, right, A lot of people reacting to that.
Speaker 14: But are you telling me that this did not lead nine next with Comrade Kyle Clark hosting.
Speaker 1: Well and just for applying it to the media in general, right, Ryan, And having been in a lot of morning meetings, production meetings, meetings where the news stories of the day are going to be chosen, that sort of thing. Because I had a great long run with CBS four. I did some pretty significant national stuff for a while, and every single journalist on the planet, regardless of their political political orientation, would look at this and say, this is important news. This is big news. This is a story that will get us viewers, This is a story that will get us listeners, this is a story that will get us clicks.
Speaker 2: Right, So everybody in the.
Speaker 1: News business would look at this and say, this is a story that we should do. So the only reason it's not being done is because it hurts a Democrat. Is there any flaw in that logic. There's no flaw in that logic. No, But think about it. That's that's what we've come to in Colorado. People are being deprived of what is undeniably big, important public safety news because reporting the truth would hurt a Democrat. Yeah, that's that's where we're at. So how do we change it? How do we change it? And I just keep coming back to as the father of an amazing daughter. I just keep coming back to. I cannot even begin to fathom the parent's pain. First because the ultimate loss right that none of us can even wrap our minds around, is a parent losing a child.
Speaker 2: But then to lose a child to.
Speaker 1: A criminal act and have the DA say your daughter's life isn't worth a single day in detention for the perpetrator? How about the blood must that do a blanket statement?
Speaker 6: Though?
Speaker 14: I mean, it is really stunning in its idiocy by saying, well, there's nothing we could do that would bring her back.
Speaker 6: You could apply that to literally any murder case.
Speaker 1: Oh my lord, it is so insulting, so insulting. But what it shows you, in my opinion, is just this lack of regard for human life. And again this permeates the left right, is that so many of the things they do they could not do if they had any respect for human life. And this grieving father and mother to say to them the killing of their daughter, which the DA's office has to acknowledge is a crime, the killing criminal killing of their daughter isn't worth a single day of detention. And now, I guess Ryan, you're telling me I didn't see that in the statement that the DA's rationale is, well, detention can't bring.
Speaker 2: The victim back. So if that's what they said, and I have not seen that statement.
Speaker 14: It's in the text of the statement, which Sean Boyd reported on and read on her report.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying is we talked earlier in the show about what a stunningly, horrifically dangerous message the DA's office is now. Amy Patten's office has now sent to illegal immigrants around the world, including those with the criminal background, come to Colorado, kill and we will protect you. Is what I believe the message is. And whether it's intended that way or not, as a practical matter, that's what the message is. But Ryan, if you're telling me that statement says detention accomplish anything because we can't bring her back. If that's what the statement says, then then what is the message out there to killers of all stripes? Hey in a Repo county, that's the attitude. So I want to see that statement. I'm not questioning you.
Speaker 15: I I want to see that statement because, and it's not doubting you, it's just very hard for me to even imagine that any DA's office could ever make a statement like that because if they were.
Speaker 1: To, then it's just sending a message to all killers that that no, if you can't bring the victim back, then incarceration isn't justified. Yeah, so I want to see that statement and we'll talk about that more. On the other side, we have a lot of ground to cover on the show. There's so much going on in the world, including what should happen to James Comy, And it's led to some great calls and texts because in my mind, clearly he was calling for the assassination of Donald Trump? But can he be successfully prosecuted? I don't think he can be. So what should happen and why can he not be successfully prosecuted? If I'm right about that, I'll lay that out for you as well.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dencapitla Show.