Speaker 1: Here we go. Come on, come on, good morning.
Speaker 2: This is Ed McMahon.
Speaker 1: I now, ladies and gentlemen, rod Ryan, Oh we're here today. Good morning everybody, wait you wake your hands off snakey rod Ryan show. Good morning.
Speaker 3: We had to be here today.
Speaker 1: Happy Veterans Day, first and foremost. A lot of people are going to be off today. But those of you that are up with us, let me tell you you will not be disappointed. We got a Hall of Fame game, the Birdman going for win number five, fresh out of bed, head to head challenge. We couldn't keep him hanging. Didn't want him to wait until Tuesday to play. Can you beat the Birdman? Or does he go into the Hall of Fame? Alex wants him in. Alex wants him and want more of you to get into the Hall of Fame. He wants a sixteen person bracket, nice and clean. Hey, did you hear that Papa Roach's going out on tour with Rise Against. We've got tickets for you. I believe that show announced Friday afternoon. We'll get you into the show. We'll talk about the show where and win. But of course we're gonna give you tickets before they go on sale. So that's coming up on the fun fact flashback the Texas Hammer Game. At seven twenty. We'll get just in Jelly Roll tickets. Jelly here in town Sunday. Oh yeah, the Toyota Center. He's playing guitarvests. We're gonna spin the wheel today for the first time. If you didn't know, for two weeks, ten guitars. We're giving away autographed guitars that we personally got autographed and we're gonna give them away to you. It's the Guitarvest, the Fall Guitarvest contests. You'll spend the wheel. One of you will spend the wheel at A eight twenty today. Jerry Clark Junior Tickets. Alternative Income continues at nine to ten today. Okay, dens Fog advisory, wicked fog out there. It's thick, ten percent chance rain, sunny, high of eighty three. Good morning TESTA one of Houston's headlines.
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning Rod, Good morning Homeroom.
Speaker 1: So we'll start with the bigger stuff.
Speaker 4: President Biden says he'll go over the top issues with President elect Trump during they're meeting at the White House. That'll happen this week. According to the National Security advisor. There's a list that includes both domestic and foreign policy issues. So still a lot of politics taught going on, and we'll cover that also. Unfortunately, there was a mass shooting at Tuskegee University over the weekend. A suspect is behind bars, but an eighteen year old was killed and sixteen others were injured when gunfire erupted on the campus early Sunday morning. A twenty five year old Montgomery man was arrested yesterday on a charge of machine gun possession. The victim who died reportedly did not attend the university.
Speaker 1: If you know a vet, you know someone who's a veteran, you.
Speaker 4: Of course always want to thank them for their service, but especially today because it is Veterans Day.
Speaker 1: Happy Veterans Day to all who served.
Speaker 4: This is something our country has been celebrating for over one hundred years now. It was originally Armistice Day in nineteen nineteen, marking the first anniversary of the end of World War One, but it became a federal holiday in nineteen thirty eight, and they change it to Veterans Day in nineteen fifty four.
Speaker 1: There's a big roundup of all the deals that.
Speaker 4: You can check out. If you are a veteran. A lot of companies do try to say thank you. You know, like Starbucks, you get your free coffee, get your free donut.
Speaker 1: You just go around.
Speaker 4: You just go around the town getting your free stuff. Okay that you can get free meals, Applebee's, Chili's, there are a lot.
Speaker 1: So there is a blog page going up for this.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about the Grammys because Beyonce has officially ascended to the throne as Queen of the Grammys. She snagged her eleventh Grammy nomination over the weekend, making her the all time leader with ninety nine nooms.
Speaker 1: She also has the most wins at thirty two.
Speaker 4: Former President Jimmy Carter became the oldest nominee ever. He's one hundred years old. How did he get nominated Rammy? That's what it says here.
Speaker 1: He must have he must have dictated a book or something something like that.
Speaker 4: So Beyonce's Cowboy Carter album is all over the country categories. It's also a for Album of the Year, so we'll be chatting about that today. And speaking of music, Kid Rock has said, Okay, I'm going to extend in olive branch to the Harris supporters, But people are like, are you doing this to sell tickets?
Speaker 1: We'll see.
Speaker 4: Kid Rock posted an official election reaction video where he is, you know, saying that people that voted for Kamala Harris are good people too. They want the same things in life. It's no time to gloat. So, you know, people are like, is this just a boy?
Speaker 5: I thought it was.
Speaker 3: I thought it was interesting.
Speaker 1: He came out as kid Rock and he did his kid Rock thing, grabbed his crotch, gave the middle finger to the camera. He said, that's what kid Rock. That's his response. Bob Ritchie comes out and says, hey, let's work together hare you know, like he's two different people.
Speaker 4: Right, But also Kid Rock is the one who's going to be headlining ten small towns next spring, so he does probably want to get some more extra tickets sold on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are some.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I went to bed last night.
Speaker 3: I just watched the first half of the game.
Speaker 1: You know what, you probably had the best night of anybody. I was sleeping.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I wish I could have gone to bed at halftime, because then you would have bet, man, there's no way they lost.
Speaker 3: You should try some time.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, they did lose. Texas fell to the Lions last night, twenty six to twenty three. Lions did a game winning field goal as time expired.
Speaker 1: The Texans defense.
Speaker 2: Looked good and then they didn't at times, but they did. They had five picks of Jared Goff. You think you win all those games? They didn't score at all in the second half, did not score it all in that second half, and you can't win a lot of games doing that. They fall to six and four in the season. They looked pretty good for most of the game, though. I still think like with their errors, their team that's kind of working some stuff out, they're gonna be okay. And those jerseys looked awesome. Those red jerseys look they did look crazy.
Speaker 3: I thought the helmet was the star so.
Speaker 1: Too, just all the whole battle right right outfit. Yeah. Ah, yesterday I was like, they're gonna win. They have the vibe. Yeah, I had, like, no way they're losing in these Reds. But that sucked.
Speaker 2: The kicker that did kick the game winning field goal, he was laying bricks in Houston like a year ago, and so that was kind of crazy.
Speaker 1: They gave him that.
Speaker 2: Way on Monday night before we got Matt Stafford. The Rams hosting Tyreek Hill and the Dolphins. Rams are two and a half point favorites in this one. Kickoffs at seven to fifteen. You can watch it on ESPN. In basketball, Rockets got to win yesterday, they'd be the the Pistons one oh one to ninety nine. I'll be back in action tonight when they host the Wizards at the Toyota Center. Tip offs at seven. You can listen to that one on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. That is what's going on in sports, all right, here we go.
Speaker 1: Four hours of pain starts right now. We're here. We're live, Happy Veterans Day. Who wants the first phone call?
Speaker 3: Come get it?
Speaker 1: Anything, anything goes, anything goes for that first phone call. I can tell you what my six picks are in. I saw Wizard was in Dallas six picks in two You sent in six picks because it's my six picks. Everybody likes the crowd in on my day. I got a bunch of Lincoln Park reviews I want to go through from them playing on Friday in Arlington. Wizard was there. I'm assuming he sent in six picks. Milf Monday, all those Veterans Day, deals and more on the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the Buzz dot com. Let's lock in that first phone call today. Who's up, who's working or who's not working? That's still up with us? Who wants the first phone call?
Speaker 3: Seven?
Speaker 1: One three? The most interactive show on the radio starts right now ninety four or five The Buzz Run Hot Chili Peppers, Under the Bridge rod Ryan Show just getting underway on this Veteran's Day. Thank veteran, I will thank a veteran. I am thanking veterans. Thank you very much for our for your service. You got a Denz fog advisory today, ten percent chance of rain sunny later on, so that FOG's gonna burn off. What time I don't know. I don't know what time the sun comes out anymore. I can't tell what this crazy time or on HI today of around eighty three, we will be very very busy.
Speaker 3: This morning I met. We had to be here for the bird Man.
Speaker 1: He's going for win number five, fresh out of bad head to head challenge. We'll get to that game at around six twenty. Somebody get to come in and pull the spoiler. Maybe maybe we'll have to that's why you play the game. Popa Roach, I said announced on Friday after our show was done, Papa Roach and Rise against going out together playing the Toyota Center too. It's a big room for those two bands, but together they'll be fine. We'll have tickets for you before they go on sale. We'll talk about that on the fun Fact Flashback Texas Hammer Game and then Guitarist starts today. This is where we spin the wheel every single day. No, there's no snacks on the wheel, but there's just autographed guitars. Pretend we can't. They don't even want to be talking about snacks. They said, we're gone if we talk snacks. They said, we're gone, bring up snacks, you're out of here. Okay, morning, funny boy. So it's just the guitars. They're autographed. And we went out and got all of these guitars autographed over the years. And we'll talk about the lineup, but we'll spin the wheel. One of you takes home a guitar today for the Fall guitarrist I want to start with this email from Joe. It's a great one. He says, Hey, brother Rod, it's Monday. That means start of a new week and new adventures for all of us. Be happy, be thankful for being able to make people laugh and talk to people. He's talking to us specifically. Also, remember without a Monday, there would be no Friday. And in all caps, remember to thank a veteran for Veterans Day. The worst thing that can happen to a veteran is to be forgotten. Great job, Joe, it's a great email. Thank you. TG. I am TG.
Speaker 3: I M think God it's Monday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, I'm okay with that. Every phone line is ringing. It's now time for the first phone column today. Everybody wants to talk Veterans Day. That's cool.
Speaker 3: John, Good morning, Good.
Speaker 5: Morning, Roden Show.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hello, how are you today?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Doing just great, doing outstanding star yourself.
Speaker 1: Great, thank you for asking. How would you like to get it started?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 5: I want to first off say happy belated birthday to my Marine Corps family.
Speaker 6: Rah.
Speaker 5: I know you hear that one every year, and happy birthday to them, and you know veterans say as well. To everyone out there, thank you.
Speaker 3: What is your Are you a vet?
Speaker 7: John?
Speaker 5: I am a vet. I've spent twenty one years with the Marine Corps and Air force both.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you very much for your service. How do you feel I've gotten mixed reactions. We have a link up today. I feel like it's the right thing to do. How do you feel about these places of business offering deals for veterans? Is it pandering or do you take it as hey, they're trying to do the right thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm fifty to fifty on it. I mean, I do believe that there's good in everything. It's being done in everything, and you can feel the special ones and all. So I don't think it's so much as pandering, which is it isn't offering and Olliver.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, if somebody wants to give you a free donut today because you served, I know that's in no way. You know, it doesn't make it equal. But I don't think there's anything wrong along with somebody trying to, you know, say hey, we appreciate what you do.
Speaker 3: Here's what we do.
Speaker 1: Take take what we have here and enjoy it.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 1: Again, I've gotten mixed reviews on that. We have a linkup of places that are offering up some free stuff. John, I know it's not it's not it doesn't compare to the sacrifice that you and your family made.
Speaker 3: But thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, guys, thank you so much. I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Thank you, John all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know those Marines, they were mad that we were off yesterday this Sunday. It was a Sunday. To be fair, I me not saying happy birthday to us because we're not there, because we're not there, But happy belated birthday to the Marines.
Speaker 3: Happy Veterans Day. I'm a flip got a rec check for you.
Speaker 1: We'll find out what's training and then we'll get set up for the game's.
Speaker 9: Alternative and tell them at the rod Ryan Morning shown the Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five Buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show. Happy Veterans Day, everybody. All your Veterans Day deals are on links and guests. This morning. We have a dense bog advisory ten percent chance of rain, sunny high of eighty three today.
Speaker 3: What's trending.
Speaker 4: Number one search is Veterans Day. We are mentioning that of course in headlines. We want to thank a veteran today. And I believe they're bringing back the big parade in New York. There's gonna be like a Veterans Day Parade held in New York. It's taking place in Manhattan today, so it's one hundred fifth annual.
Speaker 1: I mean that. I know that's not.
Speaker 4: Here, but for whatever reason, it had gone away for a couple of years. So Happy Veterans Day eleven eleven formerly Arms to Stay.
Speaker 1: We'll be talking about that. The second trend on Google is football.
Speaker 4: So Lions versus Texans Lions Sunday night football. Ouch yeah, big, big ouch.
Speaker 1: For US Manxans. The Texans looked so good in the first half. It looked amazing.
Speaker 3: I thought this was the redemption.
Speaker 1: Game, because I think we all thought that because of the embarrassment against the Jets. It was a nationally televised game. It's like, that's not what this team is. They just came out looking so good. The first half looked amazing. I'm like, okay, redemption national audience, here we go. I'm going to bed.
Speaker 3: We got this locked up. I woke up.
Speaker 1: What we did not in fact have it locked up.
Speaker 4: Remember on Friday when I told you that ray Gun was going to retire from break dancing.
Speaker 10: Is she back?
Speaker 1: Well she's not.
Speaker 4: Back, But did you see cam Binam doing the ray Gun dance after he scored a touchdown. It was hilarious. After his interception, he does the whole like sneaking the composing on the ground. I'll retweet it, but yeah, that's what's trending on eighty four. Five to the bus.
Speaker 1: All right, where's our guy here?
Speaker 3: It's Monday.
Speaker 10: Good morning, everybody. It's got. You're fresh out of bed. Head to head four day champion. I'm only one went away from getting back in that hall. I might have to waste the weekend before my next game, and that's not going to change anything for me doing me on Monday, and when I make it, win number five and make out his job just a little bit easier come tournament time.
Speaker 1: Scott.
Speaker 3: You know all right, he's trying to help you out, bro.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that. Only reason why he's playing it ten not for all these fantastic prizes and the glory. He's doing it for Alex and Chile. So they got easy brackets, all right. If you just want to lay down, if you want to call in and just lay down and let the guy go in the hall, Alex would love that. If you want to play them and beat them, well that's the same line that's open h seven.
Speaker 7: Right right, Show celebrating twenty years ninety four, fuzz all right ninety four or five, The Buzz Breaking Benjamin Red and Cold River.
Speaker 1: Rob Ryan Show, Veterans Dead Dense, bog Advisory, Sunny Today, ten percent chancellrain high of eighty three. Come on, let's see if this guy can get into the hall. Get back into the hall. And now it's time for the fresh out of bed head to head challenge. Listeners to your corners, Well, we'll see if Scotty knows hurt Man. Good morning, good morning, you all rested up and ready to do this? Yep, I'm ready.
Speaker 10: Hey, but before do that, Happy Veterans Day. Thereby their special shout out to both my parents Air Force veteran.
Speaker 1: Oh night, both parents, both parents, so cool. Did you go into the family business or no, I do not.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of times when people we talk about them going into the service, it's like, oh, yeah, well my whole family did so. All right, bird Man, best of luck to you. This guy says, I have the juice. I have the juice. Hi, Adam, all right, good morning, Rode, good morning. You got the juice to get this done. Yeah, I'm gonna kick it and take names.
Speaker 10: Well, but I would also like to say Happy Veterans Day to my dad and both of his brothers.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Did that's good stuff?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Well, Adam, you've never played before?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: Nope, tried played in the car every day.
Speaker 10: I've been listening in twenty years.
Speaker 1: Twenty years, Fish, thank you for all those years, Adam. I I can't imagine how you can get through and all that time. But okay, man, you make it.
Speaker 2: You make it.
Speaker 3: Bron you're here, Dude, you're here.
Speaker 1: I'm shock the world. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. You need two correct answers. Here's surprise today. Better than Ezra at the House of Blues. We got a pair of tickets to that. Ah, my old friend's better than Ezra from the New Orleans days. Well, guys, nothing's changed, Scotty. He knows how to do this. He's a two time Hall of Famer. He's two questions away from going back into the Hall. We got Adam here, he says, he's going to shock the world. Shout out your name when you think you know the answer. It's Monday. Strap yourselves in here. We go what pop trio sings humm bop? I got autumn, Scott Scott the birdman Hanson Hanson is the correct answer. Boy. You guys both really fought that one through. There was a lot of There's a lot of time, Adam. You were really thinking that one through. Huh yeah, a little bit of time. Okay, all right, Adam's clearly awake. But both of you very Monday, very slow. Scott got through first. Scott's one question away from going back into the Hall of Fame. Adam needs this. What bird is consumed Thanksgiving dinner? Adam Scott? Scott Scott Turkey. Adam was louder. I heard about a marrow of her. I can go back and listen to an hour. Here's an apologies. Let's enjoy the song for a second, all right, Adam, Yeah, I'm not mad. I'm not mad. I just want to explain something. You were louder, for sure. Scott got through first. I've heard rumors of a delay for about twenty years. Here. Yeah, it's probably on the phone.
Speaker 10: It was probably about a half second behind me on my phone, but I heard you. What good game, Madam?
Speaker 6: All right?
Speaker 1: Scott, Well, good job getting into the Hall. Thanks all right, Adam, we got to say goodbye to you. Bird Man. Third time is the charm. You're in the Tournament of Champions, got it? Hall of Famer is making a run for it. Yeah, there's been a run Hall of Famers like I wouldn't even it seems somebody like tipping him the questions or something. I don't know if I but trust the show. It seems like a lot of Hall of Famers all of a sudden. All right, you want one more about I mean, Scott, did we help you in any way outside of the show? We didn't talk, right, I.
Speaker 3: Feel like a magician.
Speaker 1: Have we ever met before? Bring them up on stage? It's like we know each other. I don't know you raight? All right, dude, Hey, great job getting back into the Hall of Fame. He's a three time Hall of Famer. Now, bird Man, you're in the tournament. All right?
Speaker 10: All right, sons, great, great job.
Speaker 9: The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four five, The Buss.
Speaker 1: Okay ninety four five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. All American rejects Dirty Little Secret six thirty five. I call it six thirty six. It's another Hall of Famer. Here's a fresh out of bed head to Head challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 10: Good morning, everybody. It's got you're fresh out of bed head to head Hall of Famer number fifteen. That makes it three times in the Hall for me and my second gearing row getting in last year, I made it to the final four. So I'm thinking championship game this tummer around. Yeah, showing me at the end of the year for the tournament a champion when it's Hall of Famer number fifteen, but number one when it's all been done.
Speaker 1: Because the guy's own little tagline and everything, all right, I think he's dangerous. I think he's I'm just gonna say it. I know that there's fourteen other Hall of Famers. I think this guy's super dangerous in there. Two years in a row, Papa Roach and Rise Against announced the tour. We're gonna talk about that on the Fun Fact flashback getting into that show. But first, let's go fuck that to the Day We make you look smart. Here, Buddy's FU to the Day. Okay, Oil and Gas Greg sends this one in It's gotta be done today.
Speaker 3: Fun Fact. Can the Dolphins save the state of Florida?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Can they I hope they don't. Oh Dolphins, listen, I never root for the Dolphins. Everybody squished the fish. The entire state of Florida went oh to eleven this weekend.
Speaker 3: Check it out.
Speaker 1: This is never ever happened. Ever, Florida's FBS, FCS, and NFL teams are combined zero to eleven same weekend. Only the Dolphins tonight can save the state. So what that means is in the FBS, FAU Florida, Miami, FSU, UFC, ucf USF, and UCF, they all lost. In the FCS, FEMU, Bethune, beth June, Stetson, I don't know these small colleges, they all lost. The Jags lost, the Bucks lost everything. Florida stunk up the joint football wise wild. The Dolphins are the only hope. Even though the weekend's over, they did go on eleven for the weekend. I want the Dolphins to lose.
Speaker 3: So bad tonight.
Speaker 1: I love this fun fact. Florida just saw it off. Let it float away. Thank you Oil and guest, Greg. That's a great one. That's what I think is a repeat. But Jonathan sent it in.
Speaker 8: He likes it.
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 1: Vanna White in all her years spinning those letters on wheel of fortune, she has never ever, ever repeated an outfit even once. That is fun. It's a lot of outfits. Man's a lot of closet space.
Speaker 3: That's insane. That's insane.
Speaker 1: Finally, your final fun fact today Indiana is that the Hoosiers, Yes, Hoosier State and Hoosiers. Yeah, the Hoosier State and uh they have ten of the twelve largest high school basketball gyms in the Country's Indiana loves their basketball. Yeah, the other two one is in Illinois and the other is here in Texas. It's the fuck that's in the day.
Speaker 3: We make you look smart your bodies.
Speaker 1: It's the fuck that to the day. Okay, let's talk about these tickets we have to give away.
Speaker 4: So Papa Roach and Rise Agains announced the Rise of the Roach Tour, going down March twentieth at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 1: That's where it stops here. Tickets go on.
Speaker 4: Sale Thursday at ten am at Toyota Center dot com. But we've got a one of them before you can buy them. Situation going on? Do it.
Speaker 1: All right? My question today, flashing back to Monday, what is an antipode? We learned what an antipode was yesterday or I'm sorry on Friday. I think Alex even backed it up. I think you went even a little further and you use that as your AOL. Yeah, Anti, You guys should all know what an antipode is. Seven one, three, two five. If now time for rockout with your stock out with Captain Cash.
Speaker 3: Okay, Big Baldi's on the phone. Hey, hel brother, good morning.
Speaker 1: There you are.
Speaker 3: Hey, let's talk about markets. How'd you do on Friday?
Speaker 6: On Friday was a good day. The Dow is up two hundred and fifty nine points. Kick off this morning at thirty nine forty to nineteen thousand, two eighties three point three percent of oils. It's sixty nine dollars twenty four cent. The barrel to the most active is the big salesforce, Proctor and Gamble and Travelers, the big dads Caterpillar, Amazon, and Navidia on the eCOM of the calendar this morning. Well, it's all clear for vectorings data right now. Futures looking really good on the upside. Hang on to this be a positive opening right here on Wall Street. That's it. I'm out of here. This is howl and named director with Raymon James reported for the Rock Round Show from Raymon James on SIA Fleet and they got stid dover forget Thys rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 9: Famian's expressed are those of Howland and not necessarily those of Raymon James and associates. Income Ever, NYC, as IBC, I ART Radio or at sponsors. Information is based on sources believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmission. We'll continue. This is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This programs are educational and informational services on the studs duds are based on movement, as reported.
Speaker 1: By Young Finance ninety four five. The Buzz Welcome Back, Rod Ryan Show, It's all Right, The Zach Attack, Good morning, Hey, what's up?
Speaker 3: How are you today?
Speaker 7: Sir?
Speaker 10: I'm doing well.
Speaker 5: How about yourself?
Speaker 1: Awesome? We learned what an antipode was several times. We talked about it on Friday Show. What's an antipode?
Speaker 5: Uh be the opposite side of the planet from where you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly a correct answer.
Speaker 6: Zach.
Speaker 3: You're so smart. You're so smart, So for us here in the US.
Speaker 1: It's somewhere in the Indian Ocean between Southern Africa and Australia. Alex actually his Aolia on Friday told you exactly where your antipode was.
Speaker 3: I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 1: Zach, you win?
Speaker 3: What are you giving him?
Speaker 1: Zach?
Speaker 4: You get a pair of tickets to see Pop Roach and Rise against Dude Days. Tickets aren't even on sale yet, but you know the backfast, so you got them.
Speaker 5: Awesome, Awesome.
Speaker 1: Thanks for being a part of Home Rug and being up with us. So I know a lot of people are off today. Zach's up and ready to rock.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: Screen Day ninety four or five The Buzz Screen Days, Welcome to Paradise, rob Ryans Show Texas Hammer Game next hour, and then we're gonna try something brand new. We've got the Fall Guitarvest. Yes, very bountiful. We have ten guitars that we're gonna give away over the next couple of weeks. We're gonna spin the wheel each and every day. At around eight twenty one of you gets this, we'll spend that wheel for you. He'll take home more of the wheel lands and uh giving away guitars before Thanksgiving. First time we've ever done anything like that before. I'm excited. Dens Fog Advisory today sunny, ten percent chance of rain. I've seen nothing. Eighty three looks like it's gonna be the high today. Tessa has Houston's Headlines.
Speaker 4: A spokesperson for President elect Trump's transition team says he'll sign tens of executive orders on his first day. So Caroline leave It said Trump would work with congressional leavers to pass tax Congression leadership passed tax cut legislation as quickly as possible.
Speaker 1: She added that the President elect.
Speaker 4: Would also immediately address issues of illegal immigration and inflation and energy policy. So that's really what everyone's talking about right like how this transition is going to go down. There's also, since we are talking a little politics, ers of Veterans Day ceremony today. That'll mark the first public appearance for President Biden and Vice President Harris together.
Speaker 1: Since the election.
Speaker 4: So they're going to participate in a rethlaying ceremony at the tomb of the Unknown Soldier. Biden will also deliver our marks at the cemetery Amphitheaters.
Speaker 1: That's what's going on there.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, it could be a double header for SpaceX this afternoon on Florida's space Coast. So SpaceX planning to launch a South Korean communication satellite from Kennedy Space Center today around noon. There's also a launch term Cape Canaveral Space for station that was scrubbed last night, so that one's been rescheduled for about four o'clock PM. Four o'clock PM their time, so that's around three pm our our time. If you want to take a look at what SpaceX has on the docket.
Speaker 1: Ooh, Mattel everywhere toymaker matel.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well they made a mistake the website on these doll boxes for Glinda. You know, the new Wicked movie with Ariana Grande and Cynthia Ervo is coming out, and they have new Mattel barbies to like match with those with those Wicked characters.
Speaker 3: Of course.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Glinda and Alphaba, well on the box they are.
Speaker 4: The website Wicked dot com is on the box. Wicked dot com is corn site, that's right, So the correct website would be wickedmovie dot com. If you go to Wicked dot com, there's like a black warning page. It says it's an adult website that you need to be eighteen to enter. But there's definitely graphic nudity on the next clip, next page if you click that inter button. So the URL is in small print in back of the boxes, but still it is on a bunch of these brand new toys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Wicked Pictures.
Speaker 1: I think that's pretty. It's probably one of the biggest movie making porn sites. They make, you know, their own movies.
Speaker 4: Okay, you don't want to get these two hypologies.
Speaker 3: A cross makes sense budget movies.
Speaker 1: Yikes, like that Pirates movie.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I came across the Oh wait, let's.
Speaker 4: Talk about this guy, this musician named Phil Henley because he is a British singer. He says he is analyzed audio from several shows on the Arastour and he is convinced that Taylor Swift does not sing live.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: Phil had an appearance on Britain's X Factor several years ago. Either way, he's on YouTube and he does these series of YouTube videos. He says he's used audio software to prove that Taylor's performances are exactly the same down to the millisecond at every show.
Speaker 1: He says, if we get vocal lines that match each.
Speaker 4: Other, it can't happen even with a clear vocal of a singer doing one performance and even just singing a few notes and then like a few notes again when it's live. These vocal lines shouldn't overlap, but he says that they do.
Speaker 1: So it's big. It's a big accusation. I have to go watch it. Actually, I'm not saying him. If you go and you watch it, he's got a pretty impelling argument. There's no doubt she uses some sort of a sequencer. Everything is timed and aligned. Right is tied down to the right. So there's something even bare minimum like a click track for everybody to make sure that they stay on time. Is there assistance to make her vocals perfect at every show? I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: She's clearly singing.
Speaker 1: Nobody's denying that, but he's saying that she's getting assistants because she's never even fluctuating at all on any notes while she's singing, she's getting help. I don't know. Something was going on with the Eagles. I will talk about the Eagles in the sphere. I mean, those dudes are SI the their late seventies, and those vocals were so spot on. You can hear it in my videos that they're just the vocals are great. Yeah, there had to be some help. I don't know what's available to singers now. It's not that they're not singing it's just that there's some sort of a match that's happening to their vocals that's kind of pitching them up and keeping them, keeping them kind of perfect.
Speaker 4: I was talk about Jolly Roll. He announced he won't headline a tour next year. Why. He was on the Pat McAfee show the other day and announced he's not going to do a big tour in twenty twenty five to make room for some kind of TV show. He wouldn't reveal anything about it, so it could mean to acting or hosting. All he says is that it's real and he's got a couple of things cooking. It's the first time Jelly won't be headbinding a tour since twenty twenty so this guy's been you know, on tour for five years now, almost five years now. He'll still be doing festivals in stagecoach, so he's not totally stepping back. And the Broken tour wraps up in Nashville this month. At the end of this month, I've ember twenty six. Those are Eus headlights, all right, you.
Speaker 1: Gotta do it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Texans fell on the Lions last night, twenty six to twenty three. Had an awesome lead in the first half and then just didn't score at all in the second half. The Lions did hit a game winning field goal as time expired. Texans just yeah, they couldn't stop the Lions from coming back in that one. If you score anything in the second half, it's it's the Texans win. I think field goal, Yeah, field goal. It would have been a tie. You would have gone to overtime in that case.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Still I think of favorites the Texans.
Speaker 2: Monday Night football, we got Matt Stafford in the Rams hosting Tyreek Hill and the Dolphins. Rams to two and a half point favorites in this one. No Florida team has won this week, so we're gonna see if that will continue. To kick off is at seven fifteen. You can watch it on ESPN on the sports blog page.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 2: Boy nin Ers receiver Deebo Samuel swung at his kicker and long snapper yesterday after they missed their third field goal. Then the kicker hit a game winning field goal. So if you think about it. It kind of motivated him, and I would say maybe it was.
Speaker 3: A good thing.
Speaker 2: I put a stand on the guy's throat, but he kicked a game winning field goal missing, so really he was like, hey, don't do that.
Speaker 1: Deebo's gonna try and choke me. Not good motivation.
Speaker 2: In basketball, Rockets gotta win. Yesterday they beat the Pistons one on one to ninety nine. They're gonna be back in action tonight when they host the Wizards at Toyota Center, tip offs at seven. You can listen to it on our sister station, Sports Talk seven to ninety that What's going on in sport, The Rod Ryan Morning Show, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: I don't want to stop. Good ninety four or five to buzz. Welcome to the seventh Spot. If you're carrying over from homeroom, thank you. If you're just joining us, wakey, wakey, Hands off those cupcakes. Happy Veterans Day. Uh, you know, I don't know. Everybody's got mixed feelings on it. If you're looking for a free cup of coffee today, if you're a vet looking for a donut, I don't know. I asked the first phone caller. He was a vet He's like, eh, I'm fifty to fifty on it. You know, are they pandering? They're offering you a free donut, Go get a donut. If they don't do anything, it's like, why isn't that place doing anything for Veterans Day? That's it's that part. It's that right too. So you're kind of caught in the middle there. I'd put the link up if you want to go in, go and clean up. If you're a vet you deserve it, you know what I mean. That's the least some of these places can do. Go and clean up and get free everything today. Dens Bog Advisory. If you're out cruising around this morning, what percentage of our audience is working today? Whole question this morning? This is for our friends that have a job. Oh, I gotta get rid of that. Hang on, unpin that yes, pin that yes? Okay? For those who work, have a job. Are you working today? Eighty six percent of our audience is working today?
Speaker 3: So okay, we got people out there. That's good. I see the phone's been ringing all morning long.
Speaker 1: Sunny sky's today ten percent chance of rain hies up around eighty three. Why is it when I have six picks. Why is it that everybody throws in their pictures? Is it different? Do you know how much we love six picks? You always know you guys hate it. No, we love it. We always say, Rod, can I do six picks this week?
Speaker 3: That's not true?
Speaker 2: And you're always like no, and then sometimes you know you just gotta do six picks.
Speaker 1: It's not true. It is absolutely you're talking about not true. Yeah, all right, Radio Wizards send in six picks. I saw that on Links and Guests. All right, we'll talk about what he did this weekend. Dallas Daniel sent in six picks. Ashley send in her six picks. Ashley, it's not.
Speaker 3: Good enough that she's in my six picks.
Speaker 1: She's definitely in. She's in my six picks.
Speaker 3: She also sent in her six picks.
Speaker 1: All right. I went to Vegas this weekend, my second trip to the sphere. I went to go see the Eagles. They're really old.
Speaker 3: Okay, they're super old.
Speaker 1: Don Henley is seventy seven, Joe Walsh seventy six.
Speaker 3: They were awesome.
Speaker 1: They're just mellow, you know, like the Eagles are super super mellow. So the audience was mellow. The visuals are great, the sphere is the greatest concert venue on the planet. Did you hear me?
Speaker 3: Don Henley even said that he goes this is it. This is the greatest.
Speaker 1: This is the greatest venue to play in the world right now. And that's Red Rocks and all these other amazing stadiums and old places. It's just the technology is so incredible. But like you were talking about with that Taylor Swift show, and again, I don't know how much time to spend on this because the Eagles keep adding shows. It's a million dollars to go see the Eagles.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's a million dollars per seat. They keep adding shows.
Speaker 1: The question with Taylor Swift this morning on Links and Guests, is she getting some vocal assistance?
Speaker 4: Get?
Speaker 2: Is she?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: She's not lip syncing. I'll take that off the table. She's not.
Speaker 1: She's singing. The Eagles were not lip syncing, But is there some technology that is assisting these old farts with their vocals? The sound in there is so great. I'm gonna play you a clip of this. They opened with Hotel California, which is my favorite Eagle song. It was the best graphics of the night. So if you want to see some of the graphics, and you want to see what the spear thing is all about. It's in my six picks. Let's see how this sounds on the radio laptop. Let's see what this if this works, sounds amazing. Yeah, it sounds amazing.
Speaker 3: That's from my phone, just when.
Speaker 1: The heads were singing. Yes, spearmart yep, that's from my phone.
Speaker 5: Really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds good. You can tell Henley's singing, okay, yeah, and he's old, but he's singing.
Speaker 3: He is singing.
Speaker 1: Nobody cares about this whole backing track thing or backup vocals or whether the original people are in the band. Glenn Fry's not there, Glen Fry's son is in the band, and then handling a lot of the grit Glenn Fry stuff.
Speaker 3: I don't know if everybody knows.
Speaker 6: This or not.
Speaker 1: I felt like it was a shock for some of you. Vince Gill has been in the Eagles for twenty years. Yeah, I know that Vince Gill is an Eagle. Now he's just in the band. It's not like he's just some you know, higher gun. He's in the band. You know, they're not putting out new music or anything like that I just don't think people care.
Speaker 3: No, and honest literally they don't.
Speaker 1: If you were gonna do it, could tract anything.
Speaker 2: The sphere is probably the spot to do it because like, no one's paying attention to what you're doing on stage.
Speaker 1: You're just looking at everything else going on around.
Speaker 2: And it's like you could just theoretically, like I would go watch a concert at the Spere if you were just like, we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna play yeah, this this album, this live album, and you can just watch it. We put cool stuff up there. It is the best concert venue on the planet. I know some of you are saying, Okay, it's too much. I understand that some of you are maybe waiting for the right band. The graphics You two was the first band that opened it. The graphics for You two were better, Yeah, just were better. Yeah, so you had a better time you too? Or did you think higher energy? It's just a different band. And again the Eagles, even in their prime, they were still more mellow. You know, it's a mellow The harmonies are amazing. Joe Walsh, great, it's fun, it was great, Awesome, it was awesome.
Speaker 3: I just what's the next band?
Speaker 1: I don't know. They can't stop selling Eagles tickets. They keep adding shows, so again nobody cares if there's backing tracks. They're they're just printing money. At this point, you already have the visuals done. Let's just keep making money. They've already you know, covered the cost of the production ten times over, and now they're just putting money in their pockets with these new shows.
Speaker 2: There's it's like not a matter of if it's a matter of when the Metallica like inevitably gets a Sphere date, maybe years from now, but like they are going to just clean up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the sphere. Everyone would go see Metallica at the Sphere. Just figure, all right, let's go see this. Just fire and skeletons just float around.
Speaker 3: My guess.
Speaker 1: My guess is they gotta be court in Garth Brooks. Oh, you know, like some kind of a legendary country artist. I mean, you already have Shania Twains still doing a residency.
Speaker 3: Adele.
Speaker 1: There are people on our plane with the adelty. Everybody's coming home with their concert shirts on right and their little tote, their adel toe only they were selling those. Everybody was wearing their gear on the way home, so you could tell where everybody what show everybody went to. I gotta think that they got to try to get some country. I don't know, does Dolly Parton want to do something like that big enough to get people to go regularly? I mean I think people go.
Speaker 3: I think so.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think she is. They're not sound. She's not sound.
Speaker 3: Eagles Numbers, No, no, she's not. But either is Dead and Company.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess Dead and Company would be kind of They did it. They took a following cult and Fish played as well. So those are your four bands that have played It started with you two Fish, Dead and Company, now the Eagles. I think they gotta go pop. I think they gotta go pop, then country, and then maybe look at Aerosmith would have been the perfect band. Aerosmith would have been the perfect band. But just Tyler's not there. Six went some money too. Yeah, we'll talk about six picks later, but yeah, go see the video though the videos are great. I played this machine. It was the Chili Machine, and I'm thinking I got an inside route here. I cashed out with thirty cents.
Speaker 3: Hey, I cashed out.
Speaker 2: You came out on top right there, buddy, No, no, no, no, So you weren't in the negative, but I put money in anytime, you don't lose all of your money.
Speaker 1: I got thirty win a little bit of you. I got thirty cents of my twenty dollars back. That's what I get playing a.
Speaker 3: Fun time the Chili Machine, call May how to win.
Speaker 1: The best game in Houston? Who wants it?
Speaker 8: All?
Speaker 1: Right? If you want to get into the Texas Hammer game, it's for Jelly Roll tickets. Jelly's in town on Sunday playing the Toyota Center. If you want tickets, you're gonna have to get through the Texas ammer and his lyrics. You know how to play this game called Chile. Now, just don't play his slot machine seven one three, two, one, two, five, nine four five.
Speaker 7: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and The Rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Twety four to five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rob Ryan's Show, Teppy Veterans Day, dens Fog Advisory with a ten percent chance of rain, Sunny Sky's high of eighty three, well good percentage of our audience working today.
Speaker 3: The roads were noticeably.
Speaker 1: I mean the roads are never packed when I'm driving in in the morning, but they weren't quite as packed for sure. Eighty seven percent of our audiences those that have a job. Eighty seven percent of our audience is working today. Well, you can't get a letter out. The male's not working today. Kids are out of school.
Speaker 3: What's trending?
Speaker 4: Well, I think the fact that the Chiefs were about to lose a game as.
Speaker 1: With them, and then and then a field goal was blocked. I mean it was just blocked, Like how often does that happen? So, yeah, they were about they were about to win, They're about to lose.
Speaker 4: Everyone was like, okay, so this team actually you know, has one l one l on the season, but nope, they're so undefeated, so unbelievable. People were looking at that. And then did you see that Stevie Nicks and Jason Kelsey are going to perform a cover of a Christmas They're gonna it's like a cover of maybe this Christmas.
Speaker 1: For the Philly Specials. So Jason Kelsey can sing and he's and he's like in a in a trio with two other eagles. Gone with the what else? What else?
Speaker 4: Let's see Yellowstone return. People were really excited Yellowstone. No spoilers here, but the second half of season five we finally got to learn like the fate of Kevin Costner aka John Dutton. So Yellowstone by Paramount. Still not confirming or denying a possible season six, but we're getting to see what happens at the end of Since in five, a lot of people are chatting about back, so that's that's what's trending.
Speaker 1: I'm mighty. How do you know the reference who Shot Jr? Is it some Dallas find that show?
Speaker 3: Okay a long time ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I never't watched it right just now?
Speaker 3: That was okay, Yeah, it's super old. I mean it's a funny reference.
Speaker 1: I get it, but that seemed like a Yellowstone reference too. This is Damn Andler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer game. Well, I remember who Shot j R? With Ron Ryan on ninety four? Bun, what's you giving away?
Speaker 4: I have a pair of tickets to see jelly Roll. We were just talking about him in headlines. So his beautifully Broken tour is rolling through Toyota Center November seventeenth.
Speaker 1: Okay, he said he's not gonna tour much in twenty twenty five. He's got some kind of a TV show he's working on. The jelly Roll review of some kind of variety show. Let me guess Bunny's gonna be there every episode. Billy, good morning, Welcome to the Texas Hammer Game. Do you know how we do this? We play a lyric, a lyric that is a song that we play here on the radio station, delivered brilliantly by mister Adler. And you're gonna tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. Okay, okay, okay, bro let's sew this up. Let's just lock this up all right.
Speaker 8: If they could spend today or two walking in someone else's shoes, I think they'd stumble and they'd fall.
Speaker 1: They would fall fall, It's like half a song. Yeah, well, Billy, the name of the band, name of the song?
Speaker 3: I got no clue?
Speaker 1: Yeah me, neither.
Speaker 3: We played this song, Alex, we do.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's the only rules we have to play this song a song play on the bus. Jessica, good morning, Hello, good morning, good morning, Jessica. Let's take a listen to these lyrics.
Speaker 8: If they could spend today or two walking in someone else's shoes.
Speaker 3: I think they'd stumble and they'd fall.
Speaker 1: They would fall fall.
Speaker 3: Three falls? Oh you got a google quicker than that?
Speaker 1: Seven?
Speaker 9: One?
Speaker 1: Three, two, one, two, five, ninety four, five.
Speaker 7: Forty years of Meham in the morning with the run Ryan Show only.
Speaker 1: On ninety four or five The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz Good Morning, Ryan's Show. Lincoln Park playing over the weekend. Huh, they were in Arlington. We gave away a ton of tickets. A bunch of people sent me some reviews. I do want to go through them later on today. I got one here from John, he says Friday, Brother Rod, My wife and I went to go see Lincoln Park in Dallas.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 1: It was amazing. The new singer is amazing. The crowd saying every word to every song. This new version of Lincoln Park looks very promising. A bunch of other great reviews, great reviews. Ready a wizard. I haven't gone through his six picks. I knew he was going to send in six picks because it was my week. But I you know, we're all forced to follow him on Instagram by the wife. But I don't get Christmas off. Yeah, so I got a preview. I saw that he went backstage, so he's got a picture. I know he's got him and Sarah and Mike Shinoda. So I got a little preview of what the Wizard has up his sleeve there for his six picks. But I don't know about him with the Bucky mascot and stuff like that, and maybe he stopped off at Bucky's.
Speaker 2: On the way.
Speaker 1: I don't know about that. Yes, I saw the thumbnail that Chili used on links and guests, so I look forward to going through the Wizard's picks because he always puts reviews in there and stuff. But yeah, all great reviews. Everything that I've read about that show in Arlington this weekend. People very happy. Everyone takes the not that one. Most people take the time to say, no, one will replace Chester, but.
Speaker 3: I'm glad that he continued.
Speaker 1: That's something that a lot of people are taking the time to say to me and articulate, which I think is fine.
Speaker 3: How are you going to replace Chester? You're never going to replace him?
Speaker 1: But when you see the smile on Mike shaneaud Do's face him specifically, and you see him, how are you going to deny him playing yeah, those songs that he is such a part of. How are you going to tell him you can't do this without Chester? Look at him and look at some of that footage of that goes for everybody in the band. You see them on stage and you see them just lit up. Oh my god, we can go and do this again. I don't think you can get it. Some of you just cannot get past Chester. You can't deny the rest.
Speaker 3: Of the band.
Speaker 1: You cannot Tame's fog advisory today sunny sky ten chance of rain, high of eighty three.
Speaker 3: We don't have a winner yet. This is damn Handler and.
Speaker 1: It's time to play the Texas Hammer game with Ron Ryan on ninety do we will get Christmas off if we don't follow Radio Wizard on Instagram Thanksgiving. That's another story. You have to follow him, yeah, otherwise he starts forgetting that. You're you get these company days off. Redchard, good morning, Richard, Hey, good morning Richard. Hey Wait a minute, Richard, thanks for playing today. I'm gonna get to you in one second. Did you dump that last gale? Somebody said, what happened to the radio? She said, Uh, she trapped a S.
Speaker 3: She dropped an S. Mom, I didn't hear it.
Speaker 1: I thought I did.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I was erroneous in that, but I had to make sure I did. What if she did that then it didn't go out for the FCC.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that you dumped somebody until somebody sent an email like, hey, did you have to dump her? God handed? Okay, she said it, And then we would go into the song. I was like, all right, here we go here, Richard, be sorry, Richard live radio, no net, no nothing, Okay, don't swear, Richard, How are you? It scares me?
Speaker 3: How are you today?
Speaker 1: Okay, We're gonna play you a lyric from the Great Texas Hammer.
Speaker 3: Here you go to the name of the band.
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 3: Oh, hang on, I'm Richard. I can't hear you.
Speaker 1: Hang on. Take a listen to this clip, Richard, and then I just need you to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song. I want you to get this.
Speaker 8: If they could spend a day or two walking in someone else's shoes.
Speaker 3: I think they'd stumble and they'd fall.
Speaker 1: They would fall fall. Okay, Richard, are you there? N Can you tell me the name of the band and the name of the song.
Speaker 2: Good, Charlotte, carey, good Charlotte.
Speaker 5: What lifestyles of the ridden?
Speaker 1: Yes, lifestyles of the Richard fantasy saying okay, yeah, I don't know what's going on with that phone line, and I got it. I never get mad at them because it's probably our crappy equipment. Richard, you were just won.
Speaker 5: Awesome guys, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Richard. I appreciate you being on today and of being a big winner. This is a great ticket. We're gonna have these tickets all week.
Speaker 4: What do you got, Yeah, the Jelly rolld tickets for the Beautifully Broken tour which is coming in to Yota Center November seventeenth.
Speaker 1: They're yours, dude. Congrats, All right, good job, bro, hang on, Thank.
Speaker 3: You, Bryan Show.
Speaker 4: So let's go on.
Speaker 1: Remember the show is free ninety four to five, four or five the buzz There. You have it, good Charlotte Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous. Thank you to the great mister Jim Adler. In the Texas Hammer Game, we're not playing a game. I mean, that's our second game today because we played the fresh out of bed head to head spoiler alert. Birdman gets it done, Birdman makes it win. Number five becomes Hall of Famer number fifteen, right because you want sixteen, Yes, Alex want Alex wants sixteen people in the Hall of Fame. To make the brackets nice and easy for him. The second game was that the Texas Hammer Game. Guitarist is something all on its own. Okay, Guitarist is more of a just a chance for you to win something amazing. It's the Fall Guitarvest. We're giving away autographed guitars that we have gotten autographed over the years. Be with us early in the eight o'clock hour and I will talk about all the different guitars that are up. There's four teen of them on the wheel. When one goes off, another one will go on the Fall Guitarvest. First time we've ever done anything like this. Two weeks, eight twenty. Every day we spin the wheel and somebody wins an autographed guitar. All right, if you want to be a part of the Guitarist and even today's the first winner, you're gonna have to be on with us at eight twenty. Okay. Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The Rod.
Speaker 9: Ross, the Morning Show from six to ten AM, ninety four or five, A Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Switch Foot, and Meant to Live. They spent a good portion of this year out touring with our friends Blue October. I'd have to be a hell of a show to see. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. Happy Veterans Day everybody. On this Monday, welcome back from the weekend. We walk into a dense fog advisory ten percent chance of rain, sunny hies them around eighty three. I mean it, you know, it's just typical when it's my weekend to produce six picks. Everybody feels like they want to throw in six picks. I don't know what Chil's doing, how he's managing this. About fifteen of you have sent me your six picks. I mean really, on my day, I just set my mind. I will just just I will take it off. Why if you guys just want to all pen in six picks, I want to do that. We love it. Well, you guys can plain when it's your week, and then when it's my week. Everybody that doesn't sound like us, Oh, everybody bitches and moans, except when it's my week. Oh is very excited. Let's go.
Speaker 3: What what are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: President elect Donald Trump is preparing for his re entry into the White House. Late Sunday night, he announced that he's tap former Immigration and Customs Enforcement Director Tom Homan to serve as.
Speaker 1: The borders are.
Speaker 4: In a post on his Truth social platform, Trump's at Homan will be in charge of all deportation of illegal aliens.
Speaker 1: Back to their country of origin. Those are his words. I'm quoting from the Trump from the Truth Social post.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, classes are canceled today at Tuskegee University. There was a shooting there that left an eighteen year old dead and sixteen others injured. The mayor of Tuskegee's says there was a strong police presence on campus for this weekend's homecoming activities, but not in the area where the shooting happened. Early yesterday, the Alabama Law Enforcement Agency says a twenty five year old suspect has been arrested as he left the scene and faces a federal charge of possession of a machine gun. That's the serious stuff. Let's talk about Veterans Day. Originally Armistes Day in nineteen nineteen that marked the first anniversary of the end of World War One, and then it became a federal holiday in nineteen thirty eight. It became Veterans Day in nineteen fifty four. So we've been celebrating it. You know, this is a holiday that has had a couple of names, but this is something that we celebrate. If you know someone who's a vet, you want to thank them always for their service, but especially today, we're leaning into that. Right, if you are a veteran, there are a lot of companies that are saying thank you in their own little way. Right, So you get places where you get your free coffee. I know some places give you discount on a haircut. You'll get free wings at Buffalo Wild Wings. There's free meals available. So this is all on a blog page. I think USA Today had actually done a big round up more than eighty Veterans Day deals that you can check out.
Speaker 3: Go clean up, Go clean up today if you're a vet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absolutely, yeah, that's what Travis says, I and his friends do that. Beyonce snagged her eleventh Grammy nomination Friday, making her the all time leader with ninety nine. She also has the most wins at thirty two, so so she.
Speaker 1: Can't bitch, so she can't complain about the Grammys at least, right, Well, it's Beyonce, so she like okay. On Friday, she got eleven nominations. Great. She also has the most wins of all time.
Speaker 4: We mentioned that her Cowboy Carter album, which was apparently snubbed at the CMAS, is all over the Country category for the Academy, so it's up for Album of the Year. This song Texas Hold Them has been nominated for Record of the Year and Song of the Year.
Speaker 1: So okay, so camp bitch, please no more, bitch, We'll find a way.
Speaker 4: Kid Rock posted an official election reaction video on social media as both his Kid Rock personality and as himself Bob Ritchie. So Kid Rock's reaction to Donald Trump's victory is coffee is cocky. He walks out in a maga hat, he drops a mic, he grabs his crotch, he flicks off the camera, you know as kid Rock. And then Bob Ritchie's reaction. He gets a little emotional, he's in normal clothes, says he has a message for his family, friends and supporters, saying it's not time to gloat that you know, remember people that voted for Kamala Harris are good people too.
Speaker 1: They want the same things in life.
Speaker 3: It was a real smart thing that he did.
Speaker 1: You know, you're not going to regain anybody that already hates your stance on you know, on who you like.
Speaker 3: But maybe one person will say, hey, maybe he's not all bad either.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: I thought it was really smart what he did and how he did it well.
Speaker 4: And it also ends with an advertisement for his next headlining tour, so he's going to tour tickets.
Speaker 1: Well, no, I mean, I don't know either way.
Speaker 4: Either way, this is an election where you have to realize, Wow, we're pretty split, you know what I mean. People were very passionate on both sides, and if you want to bring people together, concert might be the place to do that.
Speaker 1: So those are Houston sad lines.
Speaker 8: All right?
Speaker 3: What you got over there?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 2: The Texans full of the Lions last night, twenty six to twenty three, Lions at a game winning field goal as time expired. The Texans looked great in the first half, but just couldn't score any points in the second the Lions to pull off that comeback. Texans fall two six and four on the season. They do still have a two game lead for the Divisionists, so there's something positive there. On Monday Night football, Matt Stafford and the Rams are gonna host Tyreek Hill and the Dolphins. Rams are two and a half point favorites in this one. Kickoffs at seven to fifteen. You can watch it on ESPN and the sports blog page today. The Cowboys are blinded by the sun at their own stadium and it is an absolutely insane design flaw that they will not put up curtains for it. They can put up curtains for concerts and stef some blonde Lamb dropped a pass because he didn't see the ball because the sun, because the sun was in his eyes.
Speaker 1: It seems like when you were building the stadium you knew where the sun is.
Speaker 2: You need to be like, maybe we don't go all glass windows where the sun's going to shine down in our player's eye.
Speaker 1: But I thought that's where they let God in the stadium, right, is always text what the opening was.
Speaker 2: It was all lie too. But God only wants to watch that to you laugh at him. But everybody was laughing at him yesterday because it was it's just absolutely insane to just blind your own players. But Ceedee Lamb kind of went off on it in the postgame interview. You can also see that on the sports plug page today as well. And basketball Rockets got to win yesterday they'd beat the Pistons one o one to ninety nine. They're gonna be back in action tonight when they host the Wizards of Toyota Center Tip Oppos at seven.
Speaker 1: You can listen to it on our.
Speaker 2: Sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety That's what's going on in sports rock and alternative, The Rod.
Speaker 1: Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM. The Buzz People, notty four or five The Buzz, Nirvana's in Bloom rod Ryan Show eight o seven Mills Monday. Sure, that's happening today as well. I see that's the number one link. I'm surprised because everybody in their uncle threw in pictures for six picks this weekend. Great, awesome, thanks guys. It is Veterans Day and that link is on top of everything. So Veterans Day, most important link, most important thing today is just thank you. Veterans. Thank you every day. But I like that there's a day that puts a little extra shine on it to remind ourselves that maybe the people that don't maybe appreciate or think about it, or it's just not a part of your life every day. You know, somebody said something this morning and I thought it was pretty pretty powerful. It's like the worst thing you can do to a vet is forget, and we don't forget.
Speaker 3: We don't.
Speaker 1: I don't Happy Veterans Day every day, but especially today. Go out and get your deals. Get your free cup of coffee, Go get your donut, go get your whatever. Bloomin onion. I don't know what the deals are. There's a lot of them out there. So if you on the list that is on the world famous rod riding show page at the buzz dot com, Alex, you son of a bitch. Six picks Huh, yeah, it's not your week, you know. I love six picks. I know that when it's your week, much like when it's Testa's week and even more so when it's Chili's week.
Speaker 3: You guys loved the bitch.
Speaker 1: About it when you talk about I've done back to back six picks weeks because it's my week. Your picks are good, Ali, thank you. Tessa. All Right, Radio Wizard has six picks today. Up, we'll talk about it, but we're gonna do something here. Yeah, you know, today's National Metal Day? Is it heavy metal? I'll tell you why coming up on the show. It's pretty fun. The way that they got here, but this is kind of like a metaled out version of Linus and Lucy, which is the name of the song. It's not the Charlie Brown theme song. It's called Linus and Lucy. I bring this out because it's time for the fall guitarvest. Well, what is that rod? What is this guitarist you speak of? You've been on the radio for twenty years. You've never done anything called the fall guitarist. We haven't two weeks, eight twenty every day Monday through Friday, we're gonna spin the wheel and else you're gonna have to help me with the wheel going. It's closer to you. Why don't you give me a few of the highlights that are on today's wheel. So what's gonna happen is we're just gonna one of you is gonna call in.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have you on.
Speaker 1: Somebody on the show's gonna spin the wheel for you, and you're gonna get that day's guitar autographed. We personally got all these autographed, all these guitars autographed for you. What do you got?
Speaker 2: Look at that Black Keys, I Prevail Tody's some forty one Godsmack, highly suspect the smashed guitar, the highly suspect smashed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they smashed it on stage and we kept it.
Speaker 1: They signed it.
Speaker 3: Get you're getting the game game used, Yeah, game.
Speaker 1: Used for sure, Hardy Little Country Action if you want that.
Speaker 2: Three Doors Down Bush, Buzzfest fourteen, Buzzfest thirty two, Buzzfest twenty twenty one.
Speaker 1: All of those, Wow would be yours in Midlands on one. Want a lineup, Wanta lineup? Those are the Those are today's guitars. Once one of those comes off, boom, we put another one in. There will always be fourteen guitars for the entire two weeks of the Fall Guitarvest. Okay, so sit tight with us, stay through the break. We'll come back in order. We'll do arect check, we'll find out what's trending, and then we'll start taking your calls. One of you gets to spin the wheel today as we launch into the Fall Guitarrist Good Luck. Houston's Rocking Alternatives, The Rod Royce The Morning Show from six to ten AM. Ninety four or five Buzz Here we Go, ninety four or five The Buzz, Welcome Back, Rod Ryan's Show, Happy Veterans Day, Den's Fog advisory ten percent chance of rain Sonny high of eighty three today. Getting ready for the fall Guitar Vista. But first you gotta find out what's trending.
Speaker 4: Alenodo DiCaprio had a big fiftieth birthday bash over the weekend and all the A listers were there.
Speaker 1: So Lea was fifty. Yeah, he's fifty years old.
Speaker 4: Brad pitt Orlanda Bloom, Paris Hilton, Katy Perry. I believe Tom Moore, who also just had a birthday. I believe she's headlining look at at Girls. To me, Moore sixty two years old, and she looks great. I want to watch that crazy movie that she's in where she like transforms is like trying.
Speaker 3: To Oh that's a weird picture.
Speaker 1: She put up with a weird wrinkly boobs and stuff, like an old lady body double. Yeah, like she had like prosthetics on that. She was like a wrinkled old lady. Yeah, really bizarre. A couple of people saw the movie, they said, it's weird. Good to me, Moore is a vampire.
Speaker 3: She really is. She is a vampire.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she looks amazing. She's headlining I think Looking at Girls. Yeah, she is and then they catch me outside, girl, catch me outside.
Speaker 4: Bad baby, the one that was on Doctor Phil that went viral that ended up being like this only fan like she makes all this money on all heard.
Speaker 3: Some sad news about her.
Speaker 1: She is under doctor's care.
Speaker 4: Apparently she was losing a lot of weight and someone like had commented on how skinny she looks, and she was like, yeah, the cancer medicine I'm taking, like, uh makes me lose weight or something like that.
Speaker 1: So they confirmed it. I believe she does have cancer.
Speaker 4: So yeah, look at a girls bog page doing well and then rod six picks.
Speaker 1: Are doing well. You sure it's mine because it's your one.
Speaker 4: Then it's Alex's, and it's Wizards. I don't see mine on here yet, but that's okay. Alex, your baby dressed up like a turkey.
Speaker 1: Pretty great for w Yeah, that is cut Wizards.
Speaker 4: Your pickt are okay too, That's what's trending.
Speaker 1: Yes, welcome everybody to the Fall Guitarist. We have a corner Kobe a full of guitars to give away two weeks of this every day at A twenty.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have you guys call in.
Speaker 1: I'll take caller number ten seven one three, two one two five nine four five One of us will spin the wheel for you and you could take home one of the great guitars. Will it be black Keys Ghost? Will it be Hardy? Will be one of these buzz best guitars that are signed by multiple artists, Some forty one toties on the list.
Speaker 3: I prevail.
Speaker 2: I don't know the number one on there's got to be the highest aspect smashed one.
Speaker 1: And that's just such a unique git.
Speaker 3: Is it weird telling people that the best guitar on there is broken?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's a cool story because it was used they being the band that they are, which I got great reviews from their show on Friday. We said, we're gonna give this guitar away, will you guys sign it. He's like, yeah, let me use it on stage first, uses it breaks it here, go ahead, give this away. Now. I'm thinking that he's like being We're like, yeah, that's cool. I wish I wish I already broke is so you know this one is game used if you get that highly suspect one seven one three two one two five nine four five. Hi, bring me somebody to spin the wheel?
Speaker 7: The rod Ryan Show Good Mornings on ninety four five the Buzz You gom.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five the buzz You were not dreaming. You were not dreaming. If you were up during Home Room, I'm sure you were probably still getting all the goop out of your eye sockets and everything else.
Speaker 3: You were asking yourself.
Speaker 1: Did Rod say, popa roach is coming to town with rise against Yeah, yeah, you bet your ass I did. They're calling it the Rise of the Roach Tour twenty twenty five. They're gonna be here March twentieth at the Toyota Center. Tickets to go on sale this Thursday at ten am at the Toyota Center box Office. I believe Jeremy got to make that announcement on his Friday show, so we we were hipped to it.
Speaker 3: We were like, we gotta let other.
Speaker 1: People do some concert announcements around here once in a while, so that show wasn't our.
Speaker 3: We'll have tickets for you all week long before they go on sale.
Speaker 1: If they If Chili put them in there at home in Home Room, I imagine he'll put them at seven twenty tomorrow, and then I think we're bringing back to Chili Brown game. You know what, let me just ask him you could you borrow your twins microphone? Hiy Chili Chili Chili's in here? Are we gonna do chili brown Thanksgiving? Yes? I am guess yes, yes, yes, I am I guesses yes yes. So I didn't see your six picks. I saw everyone else's six picks. I didn't see your six picks because I didn't take any because it's not your day, right, because it's my day. I wanted enjoyment a week, Wizard Alex and then fifteen listeners tests threatening me with sending in six picks?
Speaker 3: What the hell's going on around here?
Speaker 1: I'm not putting nine mine? All right, guys, listen. It's for the first time ever here we go. It's the fall guitarist giving away autographed guitars each and every day here on The Rob Ryan Show. Chili said, people have been calling. That's good. Most people are working today. Let's go to the phones. Good morning, Rod Ryan Show. Hello, Hello, who's this alright?
Speaker 10: My name is David.
Speaker 1: Hi, David, how are you? I'm doing great today. The beauty of this is your color ten. You're getting a guitar. You're getting a guitar. We just don't know which one yet, So there's some big ones on there. Alex, you want to be the first spinner, I assured you. I mean all I've ever thought about Alex is gonna spin the guitar. Hang on a second, Okay, give it a good spin. Bro, here we go guitarist Day one.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's a good spin, Shron, Alex.
Speaker 1: Said his weedies this morning.
Speaker 9: What have we got?
Speaker 1: I prevailed, dude, I prevailed. Hey, David, you got an eye prevail autographed guitar. Congratulations, creak it too much? Yeah, David just prevailed. He did, David. Dave prevails day one of the guitarists. So now we're going to replace that. Yeah, we'll have another guitar. There's fourteen guitars that are up on the wheel. Some people have asked about those Buzzfest guitars, like Rod, can you talk about the specific guitars. If you get Buzzfest fourteen, you're gonna get autographs from breaking Benjamin Shine Down, Chevelle popa Roach, see the Velvet Revolver on there. That's one of the greatest Buzzfests of all time. And we have that guitar on there. If you get Buzzfest twenty two, you're gonna get corn three eleven, Shined Down, Papa Roach, Blue October, Theory of a Dead Man, and the Todies. So some of those Buzzfest guitars are absolutely stacked and loaded, but the eye prevail guitar is gone. David, thanks for playing guitarriist with us.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Thank you, brother.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna start telling people Happy Thanksgiving. It's too early for that. Yeah, Happy times, Happy Fall Guitarist, Happy Fall Guitarist, Every buddy every morning at eight twenty, The Rod Ryan Show on ninety four or five, the buzz Green Day Dinmma before that, the Fall Guitarist Day one. There will be ten days of the Fall Guitarist. That means ten autographed guitars blown out each and every day, one a day for ten days. Okay, today was just day number one. I prevail is off. Technically, the I prevail just them signing a guitar they are in on one of those Buzzfest guitars. There's I saw that I prevail guys on another one. So I don't know. I mean, do you want just the guitar that's just signed by the one artist that you really really like? I mean, the Buzzfest artist. When you get corn and blow October on the same guitar, that's awesome to me. Yeah, I mean it's just they're everywhere. They're all over the place, the signatures, it's so cool. I'll have to wait to figure out what we're going to replace I prevail with, but we will always maintain fourteen guitars on the wheel.
Speaker 8: I know.
Speaker 1: Chili put some video up and he also sacrificed his camera. Handsome Devil took himself off the live feed on Facebook and YouTube and switched cameras. Oh no, now he's switching back to him. Yeah, get back on there, Chili. But yeah, he switched over so that you guys could see the wheel in action. So you'll see all the different names on there. And it's gonna be fun over the next couple of days. Dense bog advisory, Is it done? I don't know. I got an inside cabin. Here is the sun out. This is supposed to be over at nine, so it should be burning out. Okay, Sonny's guys today ten percent chance of rain hies them around eighty three. So first and foremost, it is Veterans Day period. It is Veterans Day today. That's the most important thing. But I do have to mention another national day that's being celebrated today. Coh, what one of my favorite Black Sabbath sacks. It's not Black Sabbath Day because that would be like probably Sunday, right, generals gathered Metal Day today. It is National Metal Day. The music, not the materials metal, okay to them, not spoons. It's not the spoon Day. It's Metal Day, okay, not all things metal, metal music? But how did they come to this day? I stay away from any Spinal Tap references with you guys because it's an old movie, But musicians to this day still talk about the movie Spinal Tap.
Speaker 3: Okay, because of this portion of the movie.
Speaker 1: Anybody that's kind of seen the movie will understand it immediately. But I've got the whole clip so you'll you'll get the context of it. How they came up with eleven eleven as being National Metal Day.
Speaker 5: If you can see, yeah, the numbers will go to eleven, look right across the board, eleven or eleven mostly eleven.
Speaker 3: And go up to ten.
Speaker 1: Does that mean it's louder?
Speaker 6: Is it any louder?
Speaker 1: What we do is if we need that extra push over the Cliff. You know we do put it up to a eleven exactly one line. Why don't you just make.
Speaker 10: Ten louder and make ten be the top number and make that a little louder these eleven.
Speaker 1: So eleven eleven. The most important thing, of course, is its Veterans Day. We have a list of all the different links if you want to go get a free don't aut and a free cup of coffee and all of that stuff. That stuff is listed for you. But it's also it was worthy of a mentioned National Metal Day. If you've never seen spinal Tap, I don't know. I don't know if it holds out. It's that whole weird group of people. What do you call that group of people that did Waiting for Guffman Best in Show?
Speaker 3: It's Christopher Guest.
Speaker 1: He's the guy that is the mastermind behind it, and he's got his group of friends that he makes these movies with.
Speaker 3: I don't know if they've made a movie in a while.
Speaker 1: I don't know the name of the group.
Speaker 2: That is not brat Pack or rat Pack or anything like that, but they should have a name.
Speaker 1: It's just this weird group of odd, quirky, funny actors that have just traveled together and came up together, and they make these funny movies. They used to make all these funny movies over and over again, and they were always kind of like in this documentary kind of style. At least some of them were all right, guys, get the Veterans Day stuff. But Happy Metal Day, everyone rocky and all tearing. Soon, Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten am, Ryan Show. We still got another hour together. We still got great things for you man. Alternative Income. That's our national contest. We've had a couple of winners. Now I'm told one thousand dollars. So if you want in on that nine ten, ninety twelve, we'll hit that. Gary Clark Junior, We're talking a lot of guitar on the show today. That's he's a guitar whiz man. Gary Clark Junior. Tickets are on sale now. He's playing the seventy one to three Music Hall. We'll have tickets.
Speaker 3: For you on no the show.
Speaker 1: Six Picks. Yeah you got your six picks set?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I do there, Yeah, I do what good? Everyone else has their six picks up rad Radio Wizard. He's got a full review he sent me. I'll share that with you of the Lincoln Park concert that he was at. He got to go backstage and hang out with the rock stars. He's got pictures with Sarah, and he's got pictures with Mike Shnoda backstage. Wizard's living his best life right now.
Speaker 4: It really is.
Speaker 1: Alex has six picks. I have six picks all on LinkedIn yesterday. Apparently there is some fog that you're dealing with still, So it's still kind of hanging out sunny skies today. Ten percent chance of rain, high of eighty three. Come on, let's get it up after it. What are reason headlines?
Speaker 4: Well, there's a spokesperson for President like Trump's transition team saying that Trump will sign tens of executive orders on his first day. Caroline Levitt said President Trump would President elect Trump would work with congressional leaders to pass tax cut regulation tax cut legislation as quickly as possible, and that he would immediately address issues of illegal immigration, inflation, and energy policy.
Speaker 1: So that's kind of what's going on there.
Speaker 4: Also, there is a Veterans Day ceremony that will mark the first public appearance of President Biden and Vice President Harris together since the election. So they're going to participate in a replaying ceremony at the tomb of the Unknown Soldiers.
Speaker 1: That's what's going on there in space News.
Speaker 4: It could be a double header for SpaceX this afternoon on Florida's space coast. So they're planning to launch a South Korean communication satellite from the Kennedy Space Center today at around noon, and then a launch from Cape Canaveral Space Force Station was scrubbed last night that has been rescheduled for four o'clock today. Mattel just made a very wicked mistake. Mattel printed a URL for a naughty website on the boxes of their dolls from the movie Wicked. So the one for Glinda who Ariana Grande plays Glinda's character, and then Alpha Ba Cynthia Rubo is those are the two dolls the two main characters, right, gotcha? So the website on the dollsboxes is Wicked dot com, which is a porn website, instead of the correct one, wickedmovie dot com.
Speaker 1: That's the one it should have been printed on the box.
Speaker 3: Did they say how many are out there with the wrong URL?
Speaker 4: I don't see it on thousands.
Speaker 1: It's got to be like a lot. It's got to be thousands. I don't know the boxes that. I don't think they'll recall it, they'll just fix it right moving forward. Does it make this one worth more because it's got the porn site on it? The limited edition? Well, there was.
Speaker 3: Always a big thing when I was growing up.
Speaker 1: I mean, Alex, I don't know if you ever have a baseball card or a card that was a mistake and they would put him out there.
Speaker 3: There was an old George Foster card.
Speaker 1: I remember that they listed him as the wrong team or the wrong something, and if you got that one it was worth more. Billikin had the F face one.
Speaker 2: Oh, he kept on his bad as said F face and they just didn't super impose it out yep, or realized that he had that.
Speaker 1: Cal Ripkens brother got away with that. So there was some mistake. So this would be like a mistake.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: It all depends on how many are out there, but yeah, a porn site listened on your kid's wicked doll.
Speaker 3: Thanks, that's a big mistake.
Speaker 1: Thanks. Let's talk about this guy.
Speaker 4: He's a British singer named Phil Henley and apparently he was on Britain's X Factor several years ago. He is not convinced that Taylor Swift sings live during her era's tour show. He has a series of YouTube videos where he used audio software to suppose to supposedly prove that Taylor's performances are exactly the same down to the millisecond at every show. He says, if we can't if we get vocal lines at match each other, it can't happen even with the clear vocal of a singer doing one performance and even just singing a few notes. So I would, and I haven't been able to listen to this YouTube. It is an entire series about just Taylor Swift. He doesn't say anything about because every show she tries to throw in like some deep cuts, so like two different ones, two different songs per show. But there are eras where they are choreographed down to the millisecond. He says, there's no way that they can like automatic, that they can align right using his software that he has.
Speaker 1: And it's not so much the timing, because there's a click track at bare minimum and it's keeping them in perfect time. Show after show after show. He is talking about there is zero variance in her vocals. Yeah, even if you're a perfect singer, and if you have pitch perfect, there's just going to be subtle differences every time you sing, even though it's still within the key.
Speaker 3: And you're hitting the notes.
Speaker 1: He says, there's zero variance in her vocals when you overlap them, they're perfect, and the human voice cannot mimic itself that perfectly time and time again. That's where he's trying to bust her. And then I just wanted to bring up one final thing. Remember Dave Roll kind of made a comment about her not maybe performing. He goes, my band performs live. Yes, he said, that's Taylor Swift down the hall. We're going to play live tonight. I can't remember what he said. Taylor clapped back at that, right, okay, she said, my band, who's going to be playing live for you for three three and a half hours tonight. They deserve this so much, so does every one of my fellow performers. And you just gave that to us so generously we will never forget it. Nowhere in there does she say that she sings live. She just said, my band's going to be performing live tonight. Yeah, so you know she's not busting herself. She just said my band's going to perform live for three and a half hours tonight.
Speaker 4: I'm just happy this guy's getting the clicks on his YouTube series.
Speaker 1: I'm very happy for him. He's taking it to the point where he thinks people can sue, which you know, that's a that's a pretty extreme take.
Speaker 3: I'll end it with this. I don't think people care.
Speaker 1: I think they. I don't think anyone in that student, in that studio and that audience cares if there is some assistance with her vocals.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think one person cares.
Speaker 9: Well.
Speaker 4: I just except, yeah, if people suing, I don't think. I think he's got the wrong crowd for that. Jelly Roll doesn't have a Grammy yet, but could he already be eyeing up and he got He was on the Pat McAfee show the other day and announced he's not doing a big tour in twenty twenty five to make.
Speaker 1: Room for some kind of TV show. He wouldn't really reveal.
Speaker 4: Anything about it, so it could mean acting, it could mean hosting, but he says it's real. He's got a couple things cooking or is he.
Speaker 3: A judge on one of these shows?
Speaker 9: You know?
Speaker 3: Instead, Like I was thinking jelly Roll's getting his own show man. Okay, he did. I remember him being in the skit on SNL.
Speaker 1: He was good. But it seems like I don't know if the X Factor or if the same boys or the Yeah the singer with a mask on, do they have room for a judge.
Speaker 3: Maybe he's doing that.
Speaker 1: Maybe you know what I mean, but we don't know.
Speaker 4: I feel like he does his own like projects.
Speaker 9: Man.
Speaker 4: I'd kill for a reality show with him and Bunny.
Speaker 1: I see, not him. You want Bunny, right, you don't care about him, just like more Bunny. Well, she will get in on that. So it listens.
Speaker 4: He's not going to tour in He's not gonna tour you this supcoming year in twenty three five. He says he's still going to do festivals. He's going to do Stage Coach, So he's not totally going to step back away from music.
Speaker 1: But I mean, the show is obviously going to keep him a little bit busy. Maybe the jelly Rolls are the new Osborne's. Like, you're talking about the reality show and it's them at work, you know every day, her leeching on him sold those are just tidelines.
Speaker 2: What do you got the Texans fell to the Lions last night, twenty six to twenty three, Lions at a game winning field goal as time expired. Texans looked great in the first half, they just couldn't score any points in the second, allowing the Lions to pull off the comeback. They now fall to six and four in the season, but they still do have a two game lead for the division. On Monday Night football, Matt Stafford and the Rams are gonna go Tyreek Hill and the Dolphins. Rams are two and a half point favorites in this one. Kickoffs at seven to fifteen. You can watch it on ESPN. And in basketball, Rockets got to win yesterday. They beat the Pistons one on one.
Speaker 1: To ninety nine.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be back in action tonight when they host the Wizards at the Toyota Center. Tip Off is at seven o'clock. You can listen to that game on our sister station, Sports Talk seven ninety. That is what's going on in sports.
Speaker 1: I went to bed halftime thinking this is great Texans game. Chili wan, He's like, I should stay up for the whole damn game. He was.
Speaker 3: Chili came in hot this morning. He came in hot.
Speaker 1: Because he was up late watching that whole disaster of a second half of US Rock and Alter.
Speaker 9: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan's Show. That's Lincoln Park they just played Friday night. I'm enjoying all of the reviews. Some of you have taken the time to send us pictures. Some of you won tickets from us, some of you won tickets from Teresa, and some of you just went out and bought your tickets because you're such huge Lincoln Park fans and you didn't want to miss out on this opportunity.
Speaker 3: To see them.
Speaker 1: I know, I'm I'm like you. Why didn't we get a show here in Houston? I don't know. I don't know how they came to the decision to get these shows. They wanted to do a bunch of shows before the end of the year. If you think about it, announcing the new singer, announcing the new single, announcing the new album, and then shows immediately, there's a bold move. Bands don't do that. Look how far off we're announcing shows right now? I mean Oasis, I mean you know they're not coming here either. Yeah, It's like, yeah, they're coming next year in September, Like, what what are you doing announcing now? Because they want you to go my tickets for somebody for Christmas? You know, So Lincoln Park really put this all together. Now, who knows how long all of this was in the works. I can tell you a long time, okay, And they took their time for Christ's Saints. You know, Chester's been going a long long time. I don't know how long they've been talking about getting back together. Radio Wizard was there. He sent in six picks. Here's this review of the show. I'm gonna spare you. I know you looked up. Alex looked at like, are you doing the voice? No, really great time. Here's my review of the show now here. It is really great time. The band was super tight, the sound was great. Which where were you? I'm assuming he was on the floor close. True, baseball stadiums traditionally don't have the best sound.
Speaker 3: It's sorry they don't.
Speaker 1: It's a cool thing to be in the baseball field and there you are our concert. You know you're sitting there, and you know you're sitting in center field and you're watching your favorite band play. Doesn't always sound the best Okay, all right, he said, the sound was great. I get it that people love Chester, but the band needs to go on and keep playing their music. I kept thinking that if the band had stopped because we lost Chester, this moment rocking out would be lost too. We need Lincoln Park. Emily's voice was next level hearing it live. Wow. If anyone was on the fence about her being in the band, they have to be believers, now, Okay, he says, you can believe it. You can believe it that they made the right choice. I think that way too. I think they waited, did so long to do it right, to get it right. Come on, So I probably have about six to seven other reviews that all kind of back up the Radio Wizard, and they said, hey, it was just a great show. It was awesome to see these songs again. And everybody except the Wizard went out of their way, to say, to see the faces of the rest of the band and see the joy that they had in performing these songs. That are they're all their songs, Those aren't Chester songs, those are the band songs, okay, And to see them being able to go out and do what they do. How can you deny that you can't and you won't and you're not going to. So they're all performing. I can't wait. I think it's gonna be a huge year for them. They'll get my money if they come here to Houston. What else. Happy Veterans Day, everybody. We've been leading with that all morning long. Happy Veterans Day. Do Do Do Doo do?
Speaker 3: Chris says, thanks for the love and support.
Speaker 1: There are so many vets that are in dire strait since returning from their service with PTSD and other medical issues, as well as having difficulty converting to civilian life. Thanks for thinking of us. That's from Chris, Chris, thank you for your service. You know, he sent me a picture that's a Navy uniform and he just has, you know, above his right shirt pocket.
Speaker 3: He's got all the thingies.
Speaker 1: There, hardware. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, Like I don't know what that means, but you can tell he's been doing this a long time and doing it well. Wow, he's highly decorated. Thank you, Chris, Thank you for your service. We thank you guys every day at men and women we do and the families, but today we put a little extra shine on it. And that's where you can kind of get some of the free deals and stuff like that. I didn't see anybody giving deals for National Metal Day. We talked about why it's Metal Day, metal the music. But I did see a lot of things for veterans today, so you can jam your metal on your way to go get your veterans deals. It was called guitarrists. That was our big gif. Oh hey, hey, Chili, we I Prevail, right, was the guitar today, So we have to replace that. Chili, did you get a replacement guitar for I Prevail? So we want to keep the wheel full. We're doing something called guitarist where one of you gets to have the wheel spun for you and you'll win that autographed guitar each and every day.
Speaker 3: So I Prevail is gone off the wheel.
Speaker 1: Chili's going to replace it tomorrow with Disturbed guitar.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, Disturbed guitar added to the already Tody some forty one Godsmack Hardy, a couple of Buzzfest guitars.
Speaker 3: Three Days Grace with Adam Gauntier.
Speaker 1: That three Days Grace guitar, which now really makes sense because he's back in the band Black Keys. Wow. All right, that's every day at A twenty. We're doing the The Fall guitarst right now.
Speaker 3: I think it's the last week. If you guys are gonna get.
Speaker 1: In on this thousand dollars this alternative income, you're running out a ton of ninety.
Speaker 3: Four or five The Buzz.
Speaker 7: That's your chance now to win one thousand dollars into this nationwide keyword.
Speaker 1: On our website, Bills that's Bills and through it now at the Buzz dot com for your shot at one thousand dollars an alternative income. From ninety four five.
Speaker 7: The Buzz, Houston's Rock Houston's Alternative All.
Speaker 3: Day and The rod Ryan Morning Show.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five The Buzz Buzz, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Dude, I'm gonna give away some Gary Clark Junior tickets on Know the Show. Alex You're up online, Kid's Alix Online ninety four five The Buzz What you got on it?
Speaker 2: This is pretty cool and it's called the Network of Time, and it's kind of like Degrees of Kevin Bacon, where you can find how anybody's interacted with Kevin Bacon at any point in time.
Speaker 1: If you just pick any randompression.
Speaker 2: This you just picked two people at any point in time, and it will find a way that they have been connected through encounters. So I tried to think of two people that have no connections whatsoever. I went David du Coveney from X Files, X Files in Californication, and then I went Princess Diana.
Speaker 1: OK, so there's no chance.
Speaker 3: Oh he's a sex addict.
Speaker 1: Wonder did he ever? Wasn't that just his character in Californication? I think it was him?
Speaker 3: Oh, I think he was playing himself.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I think so did he ever hook up with Lady Donk? No, he did not hook up with her. But so you start off David Dukeveney In January twelfth, twenty sixteen, he's in an interview of Jimmy Kimmel. Jimmy Kimmel also had Billy Crystal on in twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Princess Diana went to the premiere.
Speaker 2: Of When Harry Met Sally Billy Crystal, Princess Diana David Dukell, Oh, so that's how they're lent Jimmy Cammel Vin David Gotchamney.
Speaker 1: So that was four degrees.
Speaker 2: So then it's pretty fun and then you can kind of just screw around with it and try and think of just the most random people and how they could be connected, and then it'll find a way to show you that. So go check it out. The Network of Time got Famous rod Ryan showpages, buz.
Speaker 9: Dot com, The rod Ryan Show on Ninus Radio Service.
Speaker 1: I've the buzz. Good Morning rod Ryan's Show. That's the Imagined Dragons and anime rod Ryan's Show on a MILF Monday. But over, I mean just way over. That is our Veterans Day today, So Happy Veterans Day. Shout out to all the great bets. You know what I'm thinking, you're thinking, I'm thinking that this should be one of those days because people have just kind of done this on their own without me asking, and I personally I love it, especially if you have the capabilities of doing a side by side. Here's me and here's me skinny Skinny Skinny in Iraq twenty five thirty years you know, thirty years ago. I'm getting a lot of veterans sending me photographs and I love to see it, and some of you haven't changed at all, Chilli, this would be one of those days.
Speaker 3: Can we do kind of like a Happy Veterans Day?
Speaker 1: Drop a picture if you served we do something like that, maybe on our Facebook page. Jilie not listening. Oh he's not listening.
Speaker 4: He is listening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said, yeah, oh I did. Okay, I can't. I was send you in my head.
Speaker 1: I was shaking my head. Boy, like when I'm looking over there and I don't have my glasses on, I can't see. Oh well, I just pretend I can see without my glasses. I don't know why I take them off so much. Uh, because Alfredo sent me this picture and he's like.
Speaker 3: Man, thank you from all the Marine Corps for the birthday.
Speaker 1: Shout out. You guys are always great to us. And then he started sending me the pictures. Here's one of me in Iraq. The next one is me in my dress mess uniform for the Marine Corps ball my retirement plaque. And the lastly me and my men we hike to the top of Ewo Jima to hold our flag. That's with that very famous picture is Ebojima where the guys are trying to hold the flag flags of our fathers. The movie all of that Ebo Jima. He climbed that to hold their flag up there. So these are such great just amazing pictures. His retirement plaque is ridiculous. We were just talking about that last guy. How decorated he was one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven medals. It looks like four up, three up, and four down. If you're in the military, you know what that means.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: There's stripes everywhere. There's just stripes all over the place.
Speaker 3: There's medals, there's everything. This guy's retirement plaque is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: It looks he looks like the most decorated man in the military of all time. That's what he looks like right here. She'd be very proud of Fredo, very good man. This is awesome. This is Alfredo Sasha's dad. Is he the one that calls in about his daughter but also enlisted?
Speaker 4: Is she in the Air Force?
Speaker 1: Maybe? I think so.
Speaker 3: He gets in once in a while early on in those first phone calls.
Speaker 1: I mean, what a grouping of pictures and climbing to the top of Ewo Jima. Oh, what I love to see that, What I love to see that. When it comes to Veterans Day, they say here's the current numbers, which is alarming. I don't know which comedian made the joke. It might be Louis c. K. He said, when guys reach a certain age, they start studying World War Two, like there's going to be a test. And for me too, I mean when I watch Band of Brothers, that's what got me in, and then the Pacific and then all of a sudden, you know, you become obsessed with all things World War Two. Jesus, aren't These aren't even updated numbers. As of last year, there was approximately one hundred and nineteen thousand living World War Two veterans. We're losing them at the rate of one hundred and thirty one a day. They can no longer tell the story. Okay, they can't tell the story. All we can do is rely on what's been written down. But we still have people around that can talk about it from a first person point of view. If you've ever met a World War Two veteran, and I have, it's just we put so much into celebrity and you know, awesome musicians and stuff. You meet a World War Two veteran and you're just like, that's a rock star. That's the most famous Hollywood celebrity rock star of all time. That they went there and they saw things that we only read about and saw about in movies and books. Sixteen point four million Americans served in World War Two. There's a little over one hundred thousand remaining. That's an unbelievable. Wow, that's unbelievable. It's the National World War Two World War Two Museum in New Orleans. They estimate that one hundred and thirty one veterans die each day. The exact number of living veterans very difficult to predict because many countries involved in World War Two didn't keep up to date records like we do. The five states with the residency for World War Two veterans California, Florida, Pennsylvania, New York, and of course Texas. So we are home. We are one of the homes to one of the largest populations of not only veterans, but World War Two veterans in this state. So thank you every day. Thank you today specifically, want to go get a free cup of coffee?
Speaker 2: Do it?
Speaker 1: Why not? Why not? We have a link up today of all the different deals and stuff. I haven't watched Saturday Night Live yet. I do watch Saturday Night Live and find it funny.
Speaker 3: It's hit and miss for me.
Speaker 1: On somethings. You and I are like the only two people will ever watching it, according to the.
Speaker 3: NA Well, I get it because they don't even lean to the left.
Speaker 1: They're just on the left. That's it. Well, it was excited about Bill Burr hosting.
Speaker 4: I checked on Peacock to see like the latest, and they had the episode that it dropped down was the John Mulaney one, and I'm like, I want to see the one after the election, Like I want to see Bill.
Speaker 1: Burn what he has to say. And I couldn't. I couldn't find it on peacock. Four years ago, eight years ago, they asked Dave Chappelle to host that important show, the one right after the election. Regardless, you hire the person, regardless of what the outcome is, you get them set in place. So, I mean, he's one of the great observationalists of all time, and he's so smart and so great. I'm talking about Dave Chappelle. I thought it was a bold move to put somebody else in there, and I thought Bill Burr was a perfect choice. And I watched the opening monologue because I couldn't wait to see it. I watched it just on YouTube, and I thought it was really good. I just wanted more. He told some kind of generic jokes, funny. He's always funny. I mean, I'm like Alex, He's one of my favorite comedians. He told some jokes and I thought he got He got into it brilliantly. He said, Okay, here's what you're here for. Let's get into it. Everybody knows you're waiting to hear your comments on what happened with the election, you know, So he told some really funny things and I thought it was great. I'm like, keep going, keep going, keep going, and he just did it for a bit and then he went back to telling some regular jokes, and I wanted just I wanted more. That was the one time that I wanted to hear somebody's thoughts on what happened in politics, because it was the opening monologue with one of the best brilliant stand up comedians of our time right now. I wanted the whole thing to be about it, and he chose not to. I thought it was very safe, funny. All of it was funny. I just thought it was really safe the way that he did it. I didn't watch any of the skits or anything like that.
Speaker 2: I saw some clips of the monologue. But we were watching the Texans game last night, so I didn't get a chance to watch it. But we're playing on it when my wife gets home from work today.
Speaker 1: The jokes that he told, the things that he did, and his observations, they were funny. They were really funny. I just wanted more of them. All right, Well, I don't even bother putting up links to SNL anymore. I don't. Yeah, if people still watch, dude, Look, it has been funny since Bill Murray was on the show.
Speaker 3: Was forty five years ago?
Speaker 7: The Right Ryan Show celebrating twenty years ninety four, five to bus.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five, The Buzz, Good Morning, Rod Ryan Show, Offspring gone away, pump you off to a great start to your day. Let's think most of that fog is kind of burnt off. Sunny's Guy's today. Ten percent chance of rain, high of eighty three for your veteran's day, you said, Leonardo DiCaprio having a birthday today. He's fifty.
Speaker 4: He had a birthday party over the weekend his exact birthday.
Speaker 1: I don't know he's the one. Oh, okay, I thought he was. I think he's fifty today.
Speaker 4: I think yep, it's eleven. Eleven is his day to birth. But he had a party over the weekend, gotcha.
Speaker 1: So you know he's famous for you know, keeping you know, hot chippies around till they're about twenty five twenty six, and then he dumps them and ghost gets a new one. Tessa's like that with her tiny hippos. Okay, Moodang has already aged out. She doesn't even find Moodang. She doesn't even find she doesn't even find Moodang cute anymore. What she's replaced him with the baby pygmy hippo that is only twelve days old named hagis okay, uh no way, So the internet has a new love Moodang old news. Okay, that's so two months ago. Now. The new hippo that everyone is gushing over is on three Things you Must See Today.
Speaker 4: I do like this new hippo, but she does not have the personality of Moodang. I that's a fallacy that I could just replace her like that, But I am happy. I think baby hippos in general are adorable, and we weren't paying enough attention to them before Moodang.
Speaker 1: Yep, So hagis in the Edinburgh Zoo in Scotland just twelve days old. Moodang, move over, move over, move over, moodang. Three things you must see today, make sure you go and you check that out. There's a cool little dating hack where guy's out there asking for help at home depot. See how that works out for him. Father of the bride forgot the bride? Yeah, I forgot the bride? How did that happen? I don't know.
Speaker 3: Three things you must see?
Speaker 1: Okay, what you giving away on?
Speaker 3: Know the show?
Speaker 4: I have a pair of tickets to see Gary Clark Junior Live at two one three Music Hall, March Hirst.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll have a question for are you on the floor, Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative and The Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four or five The Buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan's Show. All right, denz Fog advisory that should be burned off by now, Sunny Skies for the rest of the day. Ten percent chancel frame high of eighty three. He for another show. Gary Clark Junior tickets March first, seven, one to three Music Hall tickets on sale. Now, what's your question?
Speaker 4: Well, where did Rod go over the weekend?
Speaker 1: Is my question? Okay, who did he well? Where did he go? Who did he see? Two parts on a Monday. Yeah, it's tough. She's tough today seven one three, two one two five nine four five.
Speaker 10: If you know the show, Hey, Alexa, play ninety four point five The Buzz on iHeartRadio, getting ninety.
Speaker 1: Four point five the bus station from iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: The Rod Ryan Show every morning six to ten on ninety four five, The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Twenty four or five The Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 6: Ben.
Speaker 1: I hope it was a good morning for you. I appreciate you guys chilling with us, hanging with us.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 1: Put some music in here, all right, We're good, all right, Sonny. Ten percent chance of rain hi eighty three, nine fifty eight. We gotta go peas now, time for know this show on ninety four to five. L La, la, la la, Good morning, Rob Ryan's Show. Who's this?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 1: Hello?
Speaker 3: What's your name?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 6: Hello?
Speaker 3: Yes? Hello, good morning? How are you today?
Speaker 1: Good morning? It's Norma, Hi, Norma, Welcome to another show, Tessa.
Speaker 3: What's your question for Norma?
Speaker 1: Norma? What did rod do this weekend?
Speaker 4: Where do you go?
Speaker 1: What do you see? He went to Vegas?
Speaker 5: He went to the sphere and saw the eagle.
Speaker 1: Oh you know, Mishauma, I have never heard somebody give an answer I know the show that sounded more like a.
Speaker 8: Good for you.
Speaker 1: That's all I got out of your answer. Oh good for Rod. He did this. Oh my god, he did this, Oh my god, he did this. Wonderful. I didn't ask that question.
Speaker 3: She asked that question. All right, you're right, You're right on all fronts.
Speaker 10: Though.
Speaker 1: Congratulations you want even though it sounded a little yay, congratulations, what are you giving her?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Norma gets to go to a show.
Speaker 4: She gets to see Gary Clark Junior at seven one three Music Hall. Congratulations, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, Norma, I love you. Have a great day. Okay, you too, thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: They opened with this.
Speaker 1: Wow, opened like that. A lot of people were checking out my six picks. I think they want to. I think people want to are interested in seeing the video from the sphere, Like, what does it look like from where you where I was sitting. There's four levels. I was in level four, okay, and it still was a million dollars per seed, so very expensive thing. I don't know. I'm just telling everybody the Sphere is by far and away the greatest music venue on the planet right now. I don't think there's anything that can compete with it. I really don't. I mean, I get I like getting in a club sweaty and seeing the band too.
Speaker 3: I get that.
Speaker 1: I love the House of Blues, I love all that stuff. On a grand scale. You can't touch the sound in this place and the visuals. So that's why it was the number two link today. But everyone else did have win six picks too, So imagine what my numbers could have been had I not had so much competition.
Speaker 3: Scott the bird Man, he got it done this morning.
Speaker 1: Huh. We have fifteen people now in the fresh out of bed head to head Hall of Fame. He beat fresh Adam. We're gonna need two brand new players tomorrow and Alex and Chile are hoping that you're on all week with us. Thank you to the Texas Hammer Veterans Day specials. Sure if you're into that sort of thing, But the most important thing is we'll never forget. We don't forget. We honor our veterans every single day. We appreciate you every single day. There's just a little extra shine today, Okay, guitarist, I prevail goes out the door and disturbed is added to the wheel. If you missed it, guitarveist happened today and it will happen each and every day for the next two weeks. At eight twenty, We're gonna blow out and autograph guitar guitarist the It's the guitarist season right here on the Rod Ryan Show. The milf Monday was the number one link today.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I guess I'm supposed to say thank you to everyone that sent in six picks. So Guitarvest tomorrow at eight twenty. Chili Brown at seven twenty. I think he's eating full mix, which means there's just like it's it's candy corn mixed in with some bigger, larger pumpkins. Candy corny pumpkiny things. Yeah, which they take up room, They take up room, but it just it changes the amount that you're predicting that in his mouth because some of the pieces are a little bit bigger. Chilie Brown reading from the Thanksgiving Charlie Brown Book tomorrow at seven twenty NonStop Nooner with Ali.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Alie's in for Jeremy all week, all week long.
Speaker 1: So she will be doing on something. Okay, that's great, rod Ryan's show on All Socials, Tesla's on Houston Life today at one o'clock and that's it.
Speaker 3: Lots of stuff for you on linksin guests today.
Speaker 1: Thank you guys. Happy Veterans Day everyone. We are on a twenty hour break. AMF Well, wasn't that fun. If you missed any of the show today, All the Good Stuff will be podcast.
Speaker 9: Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com.