Speaker 1: Every week at this time, the makers of G. Washington's Coffee bring you a story from the Sherlock Holmes.
Speaker 2: Series of mystery dramas.
Speaker 1: This week's adventure is an adaptation of Saratacon and Doyle story entitled The Final Problem.
Speaker 2: Remember as you listened to it, that G.
Speaker 1: Washington solves your daily coffee problem, just as surely as Holme solves his famous mysteries. The end of the program, we have a brief announcement about doctor Watson and his friend Sherlock Holmes.
Speaker 2: Please listen for it.
Speaker 1: And that opening paragraph has always leads us to doctor Watson's comfortable, hospitable study, where there's.
Speaker 3: A blazing fire and the steaming cup of G. Washington Coffee To welcome you here, it is mister Bell made it as you came up the steps.
Speaker 4: Thank you, doctor Watson.
Speaker 1: You know, a good cup of coffee always seems to me to be the very essence of hospitality.
Speaker 3: You name me a better coffee than G. Washington's, mister Bell, go ahead, name me one.
Speaker 4: Ah, But seriously, G.
Speaker 1: Washington isn't just another brand of coffee. It's really entirely different. It not only has the perfect flavor, but it's the easiest coffee to fix, just a tea spoonful in the cup had hot water. And incidentally, you never make more than you're going to use, so that makes it economical.
Speaker 3: Too, write mister Bell, And I suppose I begin.
Speaker 2: My story, fine, what did it be this time?
Speaker 3: How about another tussle between Homes and Professor Moriarty is.
Speaker 1: Excellent, always gives me plenty of first class shudders to meet that individual.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Tonight's story deals with Holme's efforts to break up one of his most unpleasant schemes, a racket you'd call it today.
Speaker 4: And did he succeed?
Speaker 3: Oh? The bell that's putting the cart before the horse. The affair began with a series of curious disappearances from Saint Antony's Hospital.
Speaker 4: And what disappeared Doctor Watson's people or things?
Speaker 3: They were corpses or perhaps I should say cadevil No before I got a father, Perhaps I should explain when the Saint Antony's is a medical school and hospital combined. I myself took my court in anatomy and dissection inside its venerable walls. Their Lionel Great Lake, the head of the staff, was an old friend of mine. We cursed our internship in the same hospital. But to make a long story short, I received a frantic communication from Sir Lionel begging me to persuade Holmes to come straight to the hospital. I remember that night perfectly. A particularly nasty peace super had settled down over London. Literally feeling our way. We crept along the embankment till we sensed, rather than saw, the gray walls of Saint Antony's looming up ahead. And listen to those boats. I do how the haunts always have to sound so mudeful?
Speaker 2: What's the new? Would insist?
Speaker 3: I'm coming tonight, Stop entrance, You'll be somewhere along here.
Speaker 2: And here it is.
Speaker 3: I stumbled over at the doorstep. Where is that inconal bell?
Speaker 5: Pull?
Speaker 6: And here we are.
Speaker 3: I hope the night watchman hasn't gone off in his round.
Speaker 2: No, no, someone's opening the door.
Speaker 1: Thank you.
Speaker 3: It's me right enough, Leo. I brought Shellock Holmes along with man.
Speaker 2: Who think Kevin's would come in?
Speaker 4: Come in.
Speaker 3: Ah, Oh, this is my old friend Lana grad Ley.
Speaker 2: Ah. The lad is honored and I may say grateful and relieved that this is the sixth theft inside of month. Mister home got the place in an uproar now is having his telics patience insist on going home. I take it you're alluding to the cadavers which had been stolen recent place. Mister Holmes, you know how jealous the hospital is of its reputation. Least little better of scandal.
Speaker 3: Or cheer uple home. Maybe it's just a prank of one of the lads, you know what medical students are.
Speaker 2: That's what I thought when we found the first party missing four weeks ago. But now that five have been stolen, No, that's carrying a joke too far. They tried to get away with another this evening. Really, I just happened to drop into the second room and time to stop it a minute. I opened the door. I knew someone was in there, but he slipped out the sideway before I could like the gap. But come and see for yourself.
Speaker 3: Follow me, the barbaratories are in this way, oh Martilium. Next, you really little Remember when we used to sneak of forbidden smot behind that broom Closset.
Speaker 2: I wish to heaven life for a simple nowadays, juice, it faces like a if you had buzzing with suspicion. The one that we've been able to keep it out of the paper. Uh.
Speaker 5: Here we are.
Speaker 2: It's one second till I unlocked the door. Uh sit, now, just let me turn up the guests. Eh. Well, we're uh uh quite impressive. I see you have all the latest improvements. Well that gentleman in the corner, I take it he was the object of tonight's attempted touction. Yes, mister Homes, that's the cops spend its presiment. Do face a bit the worse for wear? Uh? Otherwise the splended body, Yes, since we're most anxious not to lose him. M. You must be fairly recent. I see there have been no injections of the preserving Floyd. Why read, mister Holmes, he died only this afternoon. M And the others stolen by their is they have been duly preserved, I suppose.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: Uh no, now that you mention it, they they were all stolen before being treated as curi as they wasn't a rash.
Speaker 3: But if you're going to be a body snatchy measure, well take fresh one.
Speaker 2: Uh you'll pardon me if I rummaged around the picture linel, of course, of course, yes, I can carry on my interrogations and my investigations at the same time. Okay, then, my lady, he's pollocking. Now they're a male of female, the stolen bodies with a male of female, oh, male, all of them.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm saying, interesting, Hey Watson, you mean you think the thiefs of women hate him?
Speaker 2: I wouldn't go surpri as that. What age are the missing causes? I don't know, middling, I should say, remarkably good lot of bodies, though no mark defects im in here's the last and careless about hinting of the instrument. Well, that'll be Potter had some girl on his mind. Can't wait to get washed up in the way. I see and and you found this, this specimen out here after the thief was scared off. I take it to Cadalas. Aren't usually left lying about, certainly not. They're kept in that lung steel cabinet over there. Can't be too careful, you know, have to be rats. And the building as old as this I'm here. How many people have keys of that cabinet to Lionel only doctor Lazy you may know himber reputation, mister Holmes, Hugo Lazy. He's head surgeon and has charge of the classes in the signing.
Speaker 3: Yes, gosh, brilliant fellow, I say, leo, how's it coming? Along with his experiments in transplanting tissue.
Speaker 2: I can't say carries on most of his experiments in a little laboratory. He's fixed up in his own lodgings. Can never lit anything out to live perfect. One of the cleverest surgeons in the country, mister Holmes, magnificent touch. I could wish, however, that he was a better professor. No, no good at teaching. Ah, well, isn't that? It's his temper. He can be devilish lasted and let him catch one of the lads of an instrument bent out of place. It's a phobia with him, mister Holmes. A place for everything, and everything in its place, he trust. Young Potter said this thing to write before lazy season. Oh, this is the door through which the steepest gape. I take it, Yes, and I bolted on the inside as you can see. Well, that's that. I think I've seen all the rest to say, found anything? Yes, Yes, there's what you might call and over abundance of clues, too many to permit of any intelligent deductions, well, fourteen sets of fingerprints, for instance. And in the dust under that operating table alone, I've found shreds of five different types of tobacco. We have atfraid missus Tapp is getting careless again. Oh she's the cleaning woman, mister Holmes, and doctor Lacey is always complaining that she is inefficial. Wellster Holmes, if you've finished your investigation, perhaps you can advise us how we should act in this medal. Howe, before I do that, suppose we come to an understanding. Would you be satisfied Mary to stop the thefts? Or do you want to know who is responsible for the missing corpses? We must find out everything is at home, who and what and how and why? A mystery of any kind is most immoralizing for the hospital, and in that case we should do nothing further home. At home, we should do nothing further tonight. But aren't you going to settle watch on this we near? The criminal wouldn't show up. You may take my word for Sir Lionel. The man who has been stealing your cadavers is thoroughly acquainted with the workings of this hospital. Here, mister Holmes, if if we don't set a guard on this room. He may steal this body too necessarily helps out well, no use making things too easy for him. Heastrea can put the body back in the cannon. Fortunately, that won't be possible. We can't open it. The cabinet has a spring lock. The thief slammed it after him. Oh, dear, dear, what will Lacy say when he finds this corps out here in the morning. I don't think there's much danger of that Toilanel May, mister Holmes, I am, I am disappointed. I must say, I hope you would be more helpful. Well, there's one thing we can do for you before we leave it oncen't Well, we can make up for missus clutch deficiencies if you'll get us a couple of old rags and Lionel. I think Watson and I.
Speaker 3: Can go over this room in no time if you've gone out of there.
Speaker 1: Nine.
Speaker 2: Oh, my dad, what's not a doll? It's most important that everything should be neat and tidy. That's a nice brisk Today. Wind seems to have disipated all the.
Speaker 3: Fog of what's the idea? Rising a chap out of his nice warm bed in the streets still deserted, depressing if you ask.
Speaker 2: The important thing when they're watching this in setting a trap is to collect your catch before anyone else does. Oh yes, Sat Anthony, Hello, No, the lionel seems to be having a bit of an argument with someone on the step.
Speaker 7: You see, I'm a going home now, stop late his breakfast, but I'll be back, and when I do, I'm going to clean that miss find what you are to be put in charge?
Speaker 8: Everyone knows routine and what keeps an obstacle running?
Speaker 2: Oh what's mister Holm hasn't to you? Who could come in?
Speaker 8: What's forth? And he's coming to you? I'd like to know how to me?
Speaker 3: Why you what here?
Speaker 8: I beg your pardon to be put off his schedule.
Speaker 3: That missus l I gat a bit of a termagant a Neil red hair.
Speaker 2: Blazing. They would come in, come in, Sorry to will give you such a stormy welcome. But I just caught missus Klutt's about to clean up the laboratory. I suppose you want to take another look at the place.
Speaker 4: If it's convenience, miss of course, of course follow me.
Speaker 2: I wonder why the sudden burst of energy on Missus cut part. But Dr Lacy may have been putting the screws on if they get along like cat and dog, those two. But didn't I just hear us sailor who was going home to fix him his breakfast. Yes, you see, doctor Lacey is Missus cluts targer. But surely if they get on each other's nerves as they seem to, he said, it's a bit difficult to understand, I admit, But oh, I suppose Lacey hesitates to move. He's he's really very comfortable, and he's built in a lot of improvements, cupboards and things of that sort. And I've told you how he is at place for everything and everything in its place. Moreover, Missus Clutter is the first class cook, and Lacy he's a good feed up for Lasia.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't push the old girl too far and be afraid of finding poison in McAfee some bright morning.
Speaker 2: Well, here's your laboratory of stones after you, gentlemen, looks throughout the same as it did last night. And I should be able to judge better after I've gone over the place with my microscope.
Speaker 4: You said yourself there were too many fingerprints and things.
Speaker 2: Oh, why do you suppose I insisted on those rags last night.
Speaker 3: Oh Coursey, I see now we were rubbing out those Prince Marvel's, My dear Watson marbles.
Speaker 2: The old brain is actually functioning in this early in the morning. Well, now let's see what we bragged. Hmm my way. Here here, here's a sweeping stroke of a map. The very market has been standing in this corner. Yeah, yeah, yes, yes, here the imprints but heavy in hands on the edge of the table, not the unusual walls on the left hand little finger like a question marks. Those must be missus Tutch's fingerprints. And she was just about to stop dusting the table when I caught her. Yeah, the prince on the mouth and on the table are identical. Well well now that seems to be all the evidence against missus quatch. I got her out as quick as I could. Homes, I say, Homes, the cop corpse, it's gone, I wondered, how soon you know the sign the corpse has been stolen? But uh, what died you expect?
Speaker 1: Sorry to contradict him as the homes but the corpse has been put back in the cabinet.
Speaker 2: And then yes, a letter of fact had slipped my mind. You should have missed it sooner, seems doctor Lacy doctor in late last night and insisted on putting the cadaver back in the cabinet. Nothing the knight Watch room could say but persuade him. I told you about his mania for order last night. Of the room needs are doubtles his finger prints then here on the lock and around this panel of the cabinet. Yes, typical surgeon's hands, long sensitive fingers but strong tips. Slightly speculate.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's lazy, right enough, But Holmes, aren't you going to look inside the cabinet?
Speaker 2: And I thought you might as well if Sir Lionel could provide us with a key. Certain there is certainly leasy lift his with the night watch. From this here we are, by jove, but corpse he's missing, as I gathered it might be well. Now let's see if we can find anything further in the room itself. Ah, here we are here we are Prince to the third set of fingers. Yes, yes, yes, he came in here earlier, the lady and not the finger prints of the Dorna burst. This individual then lazy and finally missus Platt, all nicely superimposed one over the other. See whom this is eating almost as exciting as a scantific experiment. Yeh, yes, this third individual had not any two steadys. Ah Here here he stumbled and had to put his hand out to break itself. He has a nice print here in the wall. He moves over to this jar of alcohol. He removes the cover, then he puts it back again. And here here he staggered out.
Speaker 3: You mean he was intoxicated. Yes, but I don't understand why under did you come poking around around here in the middle of the morning.
Speaker 2: You recollection of your own green salad days? Did you ever sneak a bit of laboratory's alcohol to help out a celebration that had suddenly gone right? And one of the students to any idea which one is the home? I think I can make a guess, but I don't intend to. The boy isn't mixed up in this body snatching the corps was here when he left. His prints are under laces on the dawknarm. I what is it for her? Or? I just thought i'd chip in them the post for my instruments before the big upon them, but before the calisi gets to look at them. I come back later we'll not talk command in coming in. We're just leaving, he said Holmes. We haven't discovered anything, will we have? What's we have? We know for sure that either Lacy or missus Clutter is involved in this business, possibly both. Yes, Yes, I'm I suggest we go to pay the clutch manage a visit. I'll be glad to take you over myself. Oh what do you work, Tony? I'm all right, So it's liverish, that's all. Well, don't let it get you down. It's going along with O well, Miss Farner, Yes, sir, Uh they tell me tomorrow. Juice is an excellent antidote for raw alcohol.
Speaker 6: That's uh, missus Clutch his place over there these the house.
Speaker 2: With a white shutter.
Speaker 3: Look at that crowd of people standing gawking out in front. I say, looks like something's happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yes, there's my favorite watchdog of the law, inspect of the swallows cutting the yard, standing in the doorway looking important. Oh hello, hello as roan, And what's up?
Speaker 5: And plenty woman but the name of Klutz has just murdered her lodge, doctor Lacey.
Speaker 3: And I told you she'd do it some day.
Speaker 2: Any unusual detail open and shutcase.
Speaker 5: First she stabs him with a kitchen knife. Then she throws the body, closing all into a vat of magic. Guys that this blog is keeping in his dressing room.
Speaker 2: Indeed, any objections if I come in and take a look around.
Speaker 5: All right, but I tell you this case is open and shot. But come in, come in. Bota's in first room, head of the stairs. It's not nice.
Speaker 2: But if you want to look overhead, I gotta stay here.
Speaker 3: What's a biloo chemical smell plus something else?
Speaker 2: So that'll be the acid? Lookout got stares the dark.
Speaker 3: Oh you hear that noise like something bubbling and crying.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's the acid that working on the body.
Speaker 4: Course, that smell it acid and past dissolving.
Speaker 2: This might be the room. Oh morning, Jackings and Jacks the money, the Strode said, your here to guard the body, Yes, sir, oh jacket Jacks. I think you might open another window get a draft through here, Yes, sir, and now Watson, uh, if you will bring me that jug labeled olive oil, you may as well stop the action of this acid. You ride as I've part right into the tub. Hmm, missus Strode said, The remains of not exactly attractive, and wonders to Lionel if you could uh bring yourself to uh to identify doctor Lacay. Certainly, mister Holmes, I'm a medical man. I'm quite used to work. Yes, she's she's rather a horrible tastes almost entirely eating away with the dark hair. Was the left of it, and the clothes and that ring he never could get it off his little finger. Yes, yes, I think we may safely say that it's lacy for Jenkins. How was he killed?
Speaker 5: Kitchen knife on the table there, which is Klut's finger, Prince Planer's day.
Speaker 2: So Lestrade has been persuaded the value of finger, princess, and there the world does progress. Yes, yes, yes, these are missus clutch Prince. All right, why did you.
Speaker 8: I didn't kid him? He was dead when I call him?
Speaker 5: He was.
Speaker 2: And get gone, Lestrada. Just a moment, I'd like to ask this this lady a few questions he.
Speaker 8: Did when I him? Is it you had to call in the police if I did not?
Speaker 2: Oh you calling the police? That she did, leaning out the window screaming bloody murder? Any idea who could have killed the doctor lady, missus Prince no, sir, I gaves.
Speaker 8: You know all night on account of his sisters having a baby. I rest.
Speaker 2: You had any chance to check up another frind.
Speaker 5: Oh that's straight enough. But she'd been home at least twenty minutes before she called the police. Time to murder half a dozen doctors.
Speaker 2: I didn't you know, Austrada. It's just possible that missus Cluts may be right, m you see, it would take several hours for as it dissolve the corpse. As far as this, what of it? Her fingerprints are on the knife. That's enough for me. There's no one else, And what.
Speaker 8: Shouldn't fingerprints be on that night? Gives me your kitchen life? Had it?
Speaker 2: Well? Then, if I suppose you look at it again, what in blazer good? I noticed the order of the finger prints, for instance, SOMEB and forefinger near the blade end of the handle. Now I suppose I suppose you take this pucket knife of mine and uh and pretend to stab me with it. Obviously just a lot of it, all right, man, I see not as the way you hold it some against the outer end, little finger next to the blade. In other words, the grip for using a knife for kitchen work and for stabbing are exactly reversed. Doctor Lacy was not stared with this knife at all. It was put here by someone to incriminate Missus Clutch. Yes, but if she didn't do it, who did someone who wanted to get rid of her? You any idea who that could have been?
Speaker 3: Missus Clutch, sir, that I haven't.
Speaker 8: The only person mean enough to do a thing like this is that son of.
Speaker 7: A gun leg Day And he did, now, Lord Resty, so oh, deary me. It's not bad enough having a murder in me own house and then losing my best lodger.
Speaker 8: But the police have to go accuse he'm top of it. All that is not I'll never get another tenant of these rooms.
Speaker 2: Oh that is so much prof my dear missus, compared to the real danger you're in. What's the murderer? He's still at large and he isn't exactly fond of you. I think I'll just drop in from time to time to make sure you haven't been murdered in your bed.
Speaker 3: And you really think Missus Clutch is in danger?
Speaker 2: I misly wasn't obviously come followed, whether didn't she answered the bell? Anything's happening oh no, here's she comes?
Speaker 8: Oh good after leave the steps inside. I had come to the door sooner, but I was upstairs screening our doctor lady. Sweet would you believe it?
Speaker 2: Or does he know it's history?
Speaker 8: Yes, so that he does, But he says he's not superstitious.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately. What's he like?
Speaker 7: Well, he's a German professor or something. Come here to carry on some experimenting with doctor lady. Doctor Lacy told me he was expecting him only last week, and so when he come, ousked him for lady this morning, and I told.
Speaker 8: Him what it happened. Right away.
Speaker 7: He asked if doctor Lady's notes and instrument was still here, and when I said yes, he said he'd move.
Speaker 8: Right in and carry on ret all. Would you mind coming upstairs? Will I finished?
Speaker 3: No work?
Speaker 2: Well either way, missus.
Speaker 8: He's a nice looking man, too, blonde with a beard. He limps a little. It'll be a relief, I'll tell you.
Speaker 7: After that, lady, he was getting queerer and queer and going out at all hours.
Speaker 1: Of the night.
Speaker 8: I declar I was on the verge of telling the police to keep an eye on him more than once.
Speaker 6: Well, still, we are.
Speaker 8: Just to set on the sofa. Now what him the name of?
Speaker 2: Well, the one I can see out of the window.
Speaker 6: I can say that your new larger has arrived.
Speaker 8: Thanks, preservers. Excuse me, gentlemen when I let.
Speaker 6: Going in a moment, at the moment, plenty of time, professor, you know, goodnight.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I had come all this way and find your friend dead.
Speaker 2: He's no friend. He's what you call the alcolleague. And he suspects the portmante on the bed.
Speaker 3: Well, I know, missus, touch to make it comfortable. Trust you had better luck than doctor.
Speaker 2: H Come onn't come come, you must be going, you see, Professor Gluffader, we were the the detectives on this case, and you have found nothing. I'm afraid nothing. Now these are my notes in the case. I'm really rather ashamed of them. Would you mind if I if I burn them here in your fireplace? Well, not at all, thank you, thank you, Oh dear dear, I don't seem to have a batch one from it.
Speaker 4: I'll get you some feat here in the gar at these table.
Speaker 2: Ah, here you are a nice leaving box.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Doctor. I thought you would know where to find them. A place for everything and everything in his place? Yes, I was sure you would be drawn back to these rooms. You think I am doctor Lacy, he is dead murder. No, that wasn't doctor Lacy in that tube of acid. It was one of the bodies he had stolen from St. Anthony's. Had a rather curious confirmation of the bones of the right foot. I had seen it the night before, so of course I recognized it. Your misfortune, doctor Lacey's foot. Save rubbish, and you see it gained my attention. Long ago, the Professor Moriarty was getting in touch with quite a number of heavily insured businessmen. One after another, these men died, but by and by the insurance companies became suspicious. I was told to investigate. I discovered it. On several occasions. Professor Moriarty had called on doctor Laty, doctor Lacy, who was experimenting with facial surgery, Doctor Lacey, who had access to any number of corpses from Saint Antony's, And in time I began to suspect that doctor Lacey was working on these dead bodies and transforming them so they would look like the gentlemen who wished to collect their insurance. H Professor Moriarity made a handsome profit. I believe. Unfortunately, though I couldn't prove my theory. It is crazy, No I would believe it. So I found just this. When you're in prison, the whole scheme will follow the ground I have not, Doctor Alice, you have no proof there. You are wrong to This little matchbox which you just handed me, contains all the proof that I need on it is a set of fingerprints which is identical with some on the cabinet door in the laboratory of Saint Anthony's. And those fingerprints are known to be doctor Laceys.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's magnificent elemental element. That's the end of the star in mister Bob.
Speaker 4: But doctor Watton didn't the man ever confess.
Speaker 3: He did better than that. He offered a shot Mariarty, but when they came to take down his testimony, he was found dead on his prison cut. Obviously more of Mariarty's work.
Speaker 1: There's one thing I don't understand. Why didn't he take the same way out as the businessman. Surely he could have docked come corps up to it looked like himself.
Speaker 3: He could have, mister Belle. But that's where human nature comes in. He hated missus Klutt, so he wanted to implicate her it was his big mistake.
Speaker 1: Well, that certainly is a fascinating story, doctor Watson. Now how to get back to something where there are never any mistake?
Speaker 3: I know what you're hinting at now, another cup of g Washington coffee?
Speaker 1: Yes, indeed, I do what And have you ever stopped to consider how much the word economy has come to mean to Americans during the last couple of years.
Speaker 3: Don't mean more than me too. I have to save and a lot of things I never thought about before.
Speaker 2: How do you do it, doctor Watson?
Speaker 4: Had they mean giving up all the good things in life and using cheaper quality.
Speaker 3: That's all, mister Bell. I still keep to the good things, but them a little more careful how I use them. More satisfaction in being a little careful with good things, you know, than in putting up with poor quality.
Speaker 4: Oh, by the way, what is the doctor watch? You're chuckling over something now, it's only fair to tell what it is.
Speaker 3: Well, a lot of people have been taking a lesson from shell A Holmes, mister Bell. They've they've been drawing the Dutch about What about my book of Sherlock Holmes stories, Mister Burl they've been observant enough to notice the little number one on the back of the volume, and they want to know that they're going to be other books, there's more stories in them later on.
Speaker 1: I'm afraid I'm not very observant, Doug Watson. I never noticed that little one. And are there going to be more stories?
Speaker 3: I can't tell for sure, mister Burll. I've been talking it over, mister Washington. But just in case that are, I want everybody to get volume one right away so they won't be left when the first edition runs out and be unable to make up their complete set.
Speaker 4: That's right too.
Speaker 1: We'll have to want them about that, especially with that economy. We were talking about it worthwhile getting a really good book for nothing?
Speaker 4: What about g Washington? Is that economy?
Speaker 2: Of course it is.
Speaker 3: You know a Sherlock Holmes story about the ritual mustard manufacturer Rancher.
Speaker 4: I know, Doc Watson against it that I do.
Speaker 3: A good story applies to saving money on coffee too. It seems a smart young man who thought he was smart anyway, asked the mustard king if he really made all his money out of the little bit of mustard people use on their foods.
Speaker 2: And what did he say.
Speaker 3: He said, no, he said he made most of it out of the mustard people leave on their plates, not just the way it is the coffee, or didn't rey coff anyway?
Speaker 4: You mean, the real expense is not what you drink, but what you wait exactly.
Speaker 3: And that's where G. Washington saves. There's no wayte you only make what you want in it. You can have all you want.
Speaker 1: Well, that sounds like economy, all right, ladies and gentlemen, Doctor Watson and I want you to test G. Washington economy. Get a four ounce can right away. Don't be afraid of the size.
Speaker 4: Of the can or the price. G.
Speaker 1: Washington is economical because it ends weight. And as a special inducement, why doctor Watson will give you one of his books of seven Sherlock Holmes stories. Just sprint your name and address on the back of a label from your four.
Speaker 4: Ounce can and send it to Morristown.
Speaker 2: New Jersey.
Speaker 1: You will receive without cost, a Hansome Deluke's book with a gold profile of homes on the cover and a picture of doctor Watson at the front of the teat.
Speaker 4: And that way you'll have the satisfaction of proving to yourself that.
Speaker 1: G Washington's won't wreck your family budget, and of getting a handsome book of Sherlock.
Speaker 2: Holmes stories for nothing.
Speaker 1: Please note down the address Morristown's, New Jersey. And then then that four uns can label right away so you won't be left without Volume one. It's the good doctor. Persuade mister Washington tuition volume two. Now, doctor, what about next week's story?
Speaker 3: Next week, I'm going to tell you the story of a man twenty years older than his bride and how death came to Rose Hills.
Speaker 1: And now and after the numerous requests, we want to announce it's the Sherlock Holmes Program.
Speaker 4: It's been on the air for three years.
Speaker 1: The part of Sherlock Holmes is played by Richard Gordon, that of Doctor Watson by Lee Lovell. Either mister Gordon or mister Lovell play the part of a detective and his doctor friend in any other programs
Speaker 2: And b