Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome to Quiz Quiz, Bang Bang, the pup quiz practice show that hits you. Pare right in the quizzer. I'm Annie Flora, I'm David Flora, and we're here to teach you more about trivia than there were lines I couldn't understand Nicholas Cage say and Spider Man Noir. I mean I understood most of the things he said, but he committed to his voice. I'm also just very old.
Speaker 2: Any We got a coffee from Rebecca. Thank you, Rebecca, Thank you. Rebecca, who had some very kind words for us, was truly appreciated, and she was recently on Jeopardy.
Speaker 1: Hello, Hey, congratulations, that's an amazing accomplishment.
Speaker 2: Sure is. Rebecca is also a fellow Colorado and theater fan. Yeah, thank you, Rebecca. That's very kind of you, and congratulations on making it on the show.
Speaker 1: Amazing.
Speaker 2: We also had a clarification on a question from last week, the question about the gymnastics move, the medieval weapon and the fish, where the answer was pike. Well, the question said the common name for the genus of fish that includes walleye, but it is not in the same genus the pike walleye are called walleye pike or yellow pike or pike perch, but they're at a different genus there in the Sander genus, as opposed to the Northern pike, which is actually a pike. It's a pike pike, which the genus of that is Esochs. So sorry about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, who would have thought a pike's not a pike.
Speaker 2: A walleyed pike is not actually a pike. It's that southern pike.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it wasn't correct, so we are happy to correct it, and thank you to John for pointing it out to us. We appreciate it.
Speaker 2: And don't forget. We have online Zoom Trivia the second Saturday of June.
Speaker 1: That's the thirteenth, at noon mountain time.
Speaker 2: And I believe that's the business. Let's get to the pleasure. Here's other show works. Whiz Quiz, Bang Bang's format is four rounds of four questions each followed by the answers. After round two, we'll ask a quick fire bang Bang question where you'll have a time limit to give multiple answers. After the fourth round, the show culminates with the Big Bang, a final round with three questions whose answers are all clues to one final question. Round one. Question one, the category is anatomy. What is the name of the body part that separates the left and right airways of the nasal cavity? Question two category television. Robert Crawley, the patriarch of the Crawley family, played by Hugh Bonneville in Downton Abbey, is the earl of which English town. Question three category animals, Which kind of fully matured amphibian has a tail? Question four category geography. This one comes from listener Jos. Thank you Jose, Thank you Jos. Which of the following countries does not border Poland, Slovakia, Ukraine, Hungary, Lithuania? And now the answers to round one Question one, what's the name of the body part that separates the left and right airways of the nasal cavity the septum? Question two. Robert Crawley, played by Hugh Bonneville and Downton Abbey is the earl of which English town Grantham Question three, which kind of fully matured amphibian has a tail? We'd accept two answers here salamanders and Kycilians. Kycilians are a group of limbless worm or snake shaped amphibians don't make up. I don't think a very big portion of the amphibian population. Tadpoles and such do have tails, but those are absorbed by the time they're fully mature. And then there's a species called the tailed frog where males don't they look like they have little tales, but they're not actually tails. They're extensions of a kloaca.
Speaker 1: Oh, that classic rude.
Speaker 2: Question four. Which of the following countries does not border Poland, Slovakia, Ukraine, Hungary or Lithuania Hungary?
Speaker 1: Round to Question five? The category is literature. Homer's iliad is set toward the end of which war? Question six. The category is technology. A computer hacker intending to improve security is often called what good guy fashion accessory? Question seven, the category is animals. This question comes from listeners Sarah, thank you, Sarah, thank you, Sarah. Yeah, the three banded armadillo is the only species of armadillo that can do what. Question eight. The category is history. Which English monarch was the last emperor of India? And now? The answer is around two. Question five, Homer's iliad is set toward the end of which war? The Trojan War. I hope the Odyssey is good. It looks like it has potential.
Speaker 2: Someone said, why do we need a remake when we had Wishbone in the nineties.
Speaker 1: Question six. A computer hacker intending to improve security is often called what good guy fashion accessory?
Speaker 2: White hat, the opposite of, of course, being some one who hecks nefariously being a black hat.
Speaker 1: Shouldn't they be like a black shoe or something? Eh?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Question seven. The three banded armadillo is the only species of armadillo that can do what roll into a complete ball to defend itself, because armadillos are pretty well known for being able to roll into a ball.
Speaker 2: That's what the rdel Dorado taught me.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, that's what cartoons are for. But only one can do it because the other armadillos their armor is too inflexible in sections and prevents it so they can kind of curl up, but they don't make like the perfect ball. Question eight. Which English monarch was the last Emperor of India? George the sixth Man. Georgia's just didn't have a good time hanging on to colonies.
Speaker 2: Ha, you'll be back.
Speaker 1: I do love that now. Whenever I think of King George. I just think of Jonathan Groffs singing.
Speaker 2: That's it for the first half. That means it's time for the Bang Bang Round. The category for this week's Bang Bang Round is Sports. You'll have thirty seconds to give as many answers as you can to the following The NBA Finals have started. There are five players who have won three or more NBA Finals MVPs and one who has won two since twenty seventeen. The five players that have won five or more are for all the history of the NBA Finals, but only one who has two since twenty seventeen. So we want you to name those six players. Your time starts now, and that's time.
Speaker 1: The six players who have won three or more NBA Finals MVPs are Kevin Durant he has two, Magic Johnson, Shaquille O'Neal, and Tim Duncan all have three. Lebron James has four, and Michael Jordan with six. So Lebron James has to just keep playing. He needs two more.
Speaker 2: I probably was a little unfair to it. I think it's Kawhi Leonard. I believe he won in twenty sixteen and twenty twenty. Boy don't quote me on that. I'm just trying to go off memory. But I could have added a seventh player in there and said since twenty sixteen. Oops, sorry, Kawhi.
Speaker 1: We're sorry. I'm sure you're doing just fine without it.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he listens religiously. Round three. Question nine. The category is geography. The Maghreb or the western part of the Arab world, is usually defined as encompassing much of what region Question ten category film. This one comes from listener Bobby.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Bobby, Thank you, Bobby.
Speaker 2: What's the first superhero movie to win an Academy Award? Question eleven category botany. The shrubland habitat, found mainly on free draining in fertile, acidic soils characterized by open, low growing woody vegetation is known by what term related to a more Question twelve category literature which Shakespeare play was based on a legendary king of the Britons who reigned around the time of the founding of Rome, and now the answers around three Question nine. The Maghreb or the western part of the Arab world is usually defined as encompassing much of what region Northwest Africa. Etymologically, it means both the western place and the place where the sun sets. Question ten, what's the first superhero movie to win an Academy Award? Superman in nineteen seventy eight, it won Special Achievement in Visual Effects.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and several have one sense. I mean famously Black Panther for getting nominated for Best Picture, first to do that. The next one was Tim Burton for Art Direction, and then The Incredibles, I think one for Best Animated Feature.
Speaker 2: I think Black Panther won for music and costumes, didn't it at the very least.
Speaker 1: I definitely know they won for costumes. I'm not sure about music, okay.
Speaker 2: Question eleven. The shrubland habitat found mainly on free draining and fertile acidic soils characterized by open, low growing woody vegetation is known by what term related to a more that's a heath. Moors are usually on upland and weather. From my understanding, Question twelve, which Shakespeare play was based on a legendary king of the Britons who reigned around the time of the founding of Rome, Dingam King Lear.
Speaker 1: Oh. I just read a book called Fool and it tells a story of Lear from the perspective of his fool.
Speaker 2: The fool's one of the best parts in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, oh Man. Round four. Question thirteen. The category is a sports geography. This question comes from Major Data.
Speaker 2: Thank you Major, Thank you Major.
Speaker 1: The first golf course built in the US, Oakhurst Links is in what state? Question fourteen. The category is games and Hobbies. Who is the only American US born to have been World chess champion? Question fifteen? The category is space. In astronomy, stars visible to the naked eye that appear not to move relative to each other against the dark background of the night sky are called what stars? Question sixteen. The category is language. Education that prepares individuals for a skilled craft or occupation is known as what kind of education? And now the answers to round four Question thirteen. The first golf course built in in the US, Oakhurst Links is in what state? West Virginia. It is a nine hole course and it was built in eighteen eighty four. Question fourteen. Who is the only American or US born to have been a World chess champion? Bobby Fisher strange tale Yeah. Question fifteen. In astronomy, stars visible to the naked eye that appear not to move relative to each other against the dark background of the night sky are called what stars. Fixed stars is actually a misnomer, as they're just too far away to observe movement without modern instruments. Question sixteen. Education that prepares individuals for a skilled craft or occupation is known as what kind of education vocational?
Speaker 2: That's it for the regular rounds. That means it's time for the Big Bang Round. The category for this week's Big Bang Round is Technology. We're going to ask you three questions, the answers of which are all clues to the final question. Keep in mind three clue questions may not be from the same category as the final Question one. Hoping to write Star in and direct the adaptation, Gene Hackman bought the rights to Which Thomas Harris book before deciding to sell them off.
Speaker 1: Question two. In the Tale of Aladdin, a sorcerer gives Aladdin a ring that sums a genie who is less powerful then the genie found in which object?
Speaker 2: Question three, which colorful family of lepidoptera make up only ten percent of the entire lepidoptera order?
Speaker 1: And your Big Bang question? What insect shorted out an early supercomputer and inspired the term computer bug.
Speaker 2: And now the answers to the Big Bang. Question one. Hoping to write star in and direct the adaptation, Gene Hackman bought the rights to which Thomas Harris book The Silence of the Lambs.
Speaker 1: Question two. In the Tale of Aladdin, a sorcerer gives Aladdin a ring that summons a genie who is less powerful than the genie found in which object lamp.
Speaker 2: The original story is a little different from the Disney version.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no ringing the Disney version.
Speaker 2: Oh, the evil sorcerer in the original version absconds to the Maghreb.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 2: By the way, hey, Aladdin has to track him down there and get the lamp back.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Question three, Which colorful family of lepidopter i make up only ten percent of the entire lepidoptera order? That would be butterflies?
Speaker 1: And your Big Bang question? What insects? Shorted out an early supercomputer and inspired the term computer bug. The lamp loving bug that appears on the silence of the lamp poster and makes up ninety percent of a lepidoptera. It was a moth.
Speaker 2: I was surprised that ninety percent of lepidoptera were moths and only ten percent were butterflies. That's that's pretty crazy.
Speaker 1: I feel like I see more butterflies than moths. But maybe that's just because of where we live.
Speaker 2: Moths are crepuscular and so am I. They like coming out at twilight, so maybe that's why you don't see as many. You're you're just out more and see more butterflies during the day.
Speaker 1: That makes sense.
Speaker 2: Was this when the supercomputer was the size of a bathroom?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was in nineteen forty seven, and it was at Harvard Universal.
Speaker 2: Size of an airplane hangar.
Speaker 1: Then, yeah, and they found a real moth trapped in an electro mechanical relay of the Harvard marg I computer, and the term bug was subsequently coined to describe technical hardware faults in software errors.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: I guess it wasn't the very first time, necessarily that the word bug was used in regards to technology, because Thomas Edison's early telegraph operators had used bug to describe equipment faults since the eighteen seventies. But the Harvard Mark two moth made the term famous in the computing lexicon. So just like that, a moth changed the world.
Speaker 2: Be the moth you want to see in the world.
Speaker 1: That's right. One other little fun fact is that the original log book and the moth itself are still preserved today at the Smithsonian National Museum of American History in Washington, DC. Wow, so you can go and visit this moth and be like, you're a trivia question.
Speaker 2: So don't forget Saturday the thirteenth noon. Mountain Time zoom link is available if you ask one pet peeve that popped up. I didn't know I had. Everyone's repeating that summer has started. That's incorrect. It doesn't start until the summer solstice. So if someone's like, it's summer, you can be like, just actually.
Speaker 1: It's funny. I think that bothers you a lot more than me, because I think, what's judehits. I'm like, it's summer, just like in my head, and I know not to say it to people because then people correct me and they're like, it's still spring, and I'm like, but I'm in summer mode in I think, just like with summer break for school, you know, there's so many like yeah, I think June is thought of as summer, even though it.
Speaker 2: Because schools get out summer break for kids and teachers and yeah in the weather and everything. I get it.
Speaker 1: You get my people say the wrong thing.
Speaker 2: I get it while you're technically incorrect.
Speaker 1: I get why you say the wrong thing at the wrong time.
Speaker 2: Do you get why I'm pedantic because I don't? Please help, Please stop me now? Anyway, Hope see you at the Zoom Trivia and hope your fake summer is off to a good start. For this episode of Quiz, Quiz bank Bang, I've been.
Speaker 1: David Flora, I've been Annie Flora. He is looking at you.
Speaker 2: Quiz the NBA finals have started.
Speaker 1: Time starts that.
Speaker 2: He ended up not being involved at all because he felt the material was too dark and violent.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean I think he was excited about the dark, violent material, but his daughter was like, you're going to get known for this, as he had just finished a film that was dark, and She's like, you don't want to be the dark material guy. So he was like, okay, daughter, you're right.
Speaker 2: Sold it off. They also asked Sean Connery to do the role before Anthony Hopkins.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Sean Connery himself was like this is disgusting and had no interest.
Speaker 2: I heard his brain's from father Beans and a nash Ki anti
Speaker 1: Amazing,