Speaker 1: A lot of people wonder what does your spouse think about you doing all of these crazy things with business. So we're gonna find out firsthand. Stay tuned. Welcome to the Transformation Station Podcast. I'm Christina, owner, operator, and founder of the Transformation Station, and this is where we talk about getting stronger while navigating real life. If you're trying to stay consistent through the ups and the downs and everywhere else in between, this is for you, all right. So we got Chris on the show with me today. Welcome back listeners. Hello Chris. Hello, all right, So we are flying off the handle of this because we have no script. Are you scared?
Speaker 2: Of course, I'm always afraid of what you're gonna say.
Speaker 1: I'm always afraid of what you're gonna say, and I'm like, we should do this right now, and I was like a little nervous. All right. So you've been around the Transformation Station since the location still in Cedar Point, but in Unit one and two instead of where we are now. What would you say is your biggest takeaway then versus today? As into what as in like what's different? What's different the.
Speaker 3: Gym, the community, the people that are in.
Speaker 1: It, the ViBe's what's changed about the vibe. I mean, I know.
Speaker 3: It's more than just a place to go and work out. It's there's connections. There's like friendships that are being made, like lifelong friendships. Now we have members that are their grandkids are intertwined, and the families are going out. So it's like it's truly like a home base for many of the people that come to work out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's actually a really good point. It's interesting because when you're so far in it, like how much I am, Like I'm right in the middle of it, sometimes I forget to step back and really appreciate what essentially what I've built without twooting my own horn. But it's easy to be in and be like, oh, I'm going to change this and this is going to be great, and let's do this. But you're right like taking a step back and being like, oh, look at the friendships that have been built, look at out all the life changes that have happened. Like it, not just like with us or with myself, but amongst everybody else. It's pretty cool. Definitely is a ripple effect, that's for sure. M hm. So what's it like, Let's say, what's it like? Living with an entrepreneur right now in this day crazy.
Speaker 3: It's it's kind of has its peaks and super fast peaks, kind of like being on a train.
Speaker 2: I think a train, you never know what's going to happen.
Speaker 3: Like when you looked at the new location, So the location that you're currently in, I think you just went to go look at it at like my lunch break, and then next thing, you know, before I even talk to you sign the papers and we have a moveing date. So I'm more of a slow down methodical let's draw pictures and count numbers, and I think about things from every angle. And you definitely work at a speed that is beyond superhuman.
Speaker 1: It's interesting. So when you say, like, okay, you work at a superhuman speed, did you really understand what you were signing up for when we entered our relationship.
Speaker 3: No, No, I think the crazy got crazier.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well I think too is the gym grew right, like my vision grew and I was able to in a healthy headspace, being happy, being able to adjust the transformation station to what I actually wanted it to be. So I think, like how I changed, the whole business changed at the same time. So it's pretty interesting in that way. What did you imagine it was? Like, I mean, like, what did you imagine like you knew that I ran a business? Did you truly know what it takes?
Speaker 2: No? No, I don't think you really know what it takes unless you're.
Speaker 3: In in it basically or like living it because you think that it's I don't know, just like a Monday to Friday, nine to five job. But it never ends, so it's constant.
Speaker 2: So even though people might see you only on the.
Speaker 3: Gym floor for a couple of hours coaching, but that's right twelve fifteen hours, or things behind the back that you'll see in computers and different aspects.
Speaker 1: So saying in like how much it actually takes in all the all the the attention, in all the hours, What is something that happens like behind the scenes that you wish other people knew about me as a business owner? That's kind of a loaded question.
Speaker 3: I just don't think people realize what it takes and how much time and effort it takes and brain power. Like even if we're going on a road trip, your typically answering emails and sages, or we're kind of brainstorming and doing different things discussing different visions and things like that, or different plans or implementing them. Also kind of some of the ideas that you have, like in between classes wanting to switch or take down TVs or switch TVs where I kind of have to say it takes a little bit more than fifteen minutes to install a giant TV on a wall. Or maybe if you're going to take a sledgehammer to a wall, maybe take it on an internal wall, not an external wall in.
Speaker 2: The middle of class.
Speaker 3: So those are kind of things that I don't think really people see and know that like business owners do. Like if you look at most people that there's a lot of behind the scenes of things that it's more hands on, like you're involved in every aspect of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Literally, that's why. So those two things actually are the truth because that happened. I'm like, I'm going to hang this TV right now. I'm like, let's go to the gym. It's like fifteen minutes of our day. It's fine. And Chris is like, well, you have to make the TV has to be hung properly and needs to stay on the wall. She's like, you're looking at at least three four hours I'm like, yeah, right, okay, maybe twenty minutes, Max, let's just do it. Turns out we needed to go to the store to get the right parts to make sure it hangs on the wall. It ended up taking five hours. I was shocked. Do you remember, Yeah, five whole hours to hang a TV? Are you kidding me? But hanging a TV in a business is a little bit different, I think than hanging a TV in your home.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like our building walls, like the shells are commercial. It's not residential. We don't have wood studs, we have metal studs, and we don't want this thing that's like seventy inches or however big it is. I can't even tell you. They're all the same. Anyway, we don't want it to crash and burn in the middle of an operation. On top of that, so I mean, like, in the same sense, I'm like, who cares, it's a commercial space, it's not our home. Just get it frigging hung up. I don't give a shit if it falls. It falls, But let's not take five hours. But Chris's queen of like, let's do it the right way so it only has to be done once and you won't have to buy a TV at the end of the day. Because one time in the old location, I've shared this story quite often. I went in to teach a six am class and in our equipment room because the equipment was in one room, not on the gym floor, because the gym floor was a lot smaller than what we have now. I walked in there was a TV face down, just shattered. It was my advertising TV. It was just shattered everywhere, and I was like, Oh, my gosh, someone came in here and vandalized the gym. What else is all messed up? And I'm looking around. I'm like, they didn't touch anything else. I'm like, they literally vandalized my space. So I'm like looking around and then someone's like, uh, Cristita. I was like, yeah, they found something, and they were like, it looks like the TV fell because the entire TV hangar or whatever it's called is still attached to it and it looks like it got ripped out of the wall. I was like, oh, I'm like, yeah, nothing else here has been touched. Just the TV's completely shattered all over the floor and they were like, who hung it? It was like me, So that's a true story. And then the sledgehammer thing definitely happened. I'm like, I'm gonna take down this whole wall. And I started sledgehammering and Chris walked in. She's like, oh my gosh, it was this was between classes.
Speaker 2: It was it was it was like the morning in between classes.
Speaker 1: It was probably after the sixth Dame class. Maybe maybe up the seven I'm not too sure, but I was just like, this is in the old location. Hammer hammer hammer with a big metal sledge. The sledgehammers that we're using circuit on that tire. Yeah, And Chris was like, well, just instead of going all the way through, because I was already starting to swing, She's like, just do this one side of the wall and see if you like it. I got done halfway through the room. I was like, I hate it. I'm done. I put it back. Chris is like, oh my god, we've got to clean up this mess. Now we clean up the mess. And then I stopped. And then when I was moving, I had to do the final walk through with the landlord to make sure everything was good and the property or off Atlanta were the property management team, and she's like, what happened this wall? Like, ah shit, I'm like, well, I was gonna take the wall down and I wanted to open up the room, and then I changed my mind. She was like, oh, okay, so they've gotten to know me now over the years and nothing really surprises them. But okay, so what's your favorite what's your favorite part about watching me build something from the ground up.
Speaker 3: It's just amazing to see the change, like if you're looking at from even like your very first location, your second location now, like just the evolution, and like when I look around sometimes it'll be like, oh, this is amazing, and then you'll come up with some crazy idea you'll implement it. I'm like, wow, I didn't think you can make something better, but you did. There is sometimes some resistance along the way, but it's always better. So it's definitely your vision. Like the way that you make things to come to life is definitely.
Speaker 1: It's interesting because there's some times when I want to do something and Chris is like nope, and I'm like, what do you mean no, Like it's such a good idea, and then she's like, ah no, I'm like wait, like one hundred percent no, or like eighty percent You're unsure and'll be like no, like one hundred and twenty percent no, I'm like, uh, okay, that's a hard no. But there's sometimes when I'm like, I know without a shadow of a doubt, and you're like, no, take your time or I don't know, and I'm like, Nope, absolutely yes, this is one hundred and twenty percent yes on my end and I'm going full steam and then in ten minutes I've implemented it or I've changed it and it's actually worked out to be really well. That's true. And I actually studied this recently because I'm like, why is it that I operate like this? Like is this something that a lot of entrepreneurial people do? And the answer is yes. So they say a lot of people who are highly successful are people that implement things because they trust themselves and it's not their first rodeo. If I was someone who's brand new in business and I didn't know my mouth for my asshole, then maybe it's just going to crash and burn and you don't know. But when you actually know what it is you're building, and you have your your your you know your audience, you know exactly where it is that you want to go, you're on that right path. Without a shadow of a doubt. I know what is going to be great, And there's sometimes I put feelers out to be like is anybody gonna bite? Does anybody want this in their life? Is this actually going to be?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Uh, what's the word? Is this gonna be useful to you? That's not the right word that I was. Are you gonna are you gonna benefit from this? Like that's like me talking to members right like is this why do you like this? And like people would tell me and okay, cool. So I don't often ask for a lot of ideas because I have so many ideas that I know are for the greater picture of the whole community because I pretty much know every person that walks through the gym doors, whereas one person might only know the people that are in their time slot if they always go to the same time space. Right, So it's like, oh, is this a good idea? But I want to know are you interested in this? And I'm always in the gym morning, noon to night. Are you interested? Or are the coaches interested? Let's see what's up? So that to me, is it's really interesting that fast, fast moving pace. You've got used to that? Yeah, yeah, it's almost at first. It's almost like a whiplash, right, like you don't know, like, oh my gosh, you're doing this today, Oh my gosh, you're doing that tomorrow. But it's not like it's I'm changing. I'm very consistent in my drive forward. That's true.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: Not moving backwards. Ain't nobody got time for that.
Speaker 2: Getting used to the crazy?
Speaker 1: So what is something? What is something that you think benefits us as a couple with building the business. That's a really long pause, that is so let me rephrase that. What do you think entrepreneurial ship? Entrepreneurship? There's no l in that entrepreneurial ship. I'll say it like that. Anyway, What do you think that has brought into our life that we wouldn't have experienced otherwise? Why are you looking at me like that?
Speaker 2: Because you're like lifting for your eyeball.
Speaker 1: Oh, stretching my eye. It feels nice.
Speaker 3: She's like opening up her eyeballs with her fingers and staring at me, helping me think.
Speaker 2: Entrepreneurship. How does it benefit us or how do we benefit from it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's interesting.
Speaker 3: It keeps us exciting, keeps us always something to do, like let it be we're driving across Ontario picking up punching bags or kickboxing bags, or building whatever contraption or doing different things. It also like it's just it's it's something that we kind of do together as well.
Speaker 2: So either like lugging crap or picking up stuff.
Speaker 1: Or lugging crap. Do you think my stuff is crap?
Speaker 2: That last minute, like you need whatever, and.
Speaker 3: We're driving across the country to pick it up, making trips down to Toronto or wherever that we need to go. So it's those adventures as well. So normally, like if it's a long trip, we load up the dogs and it's a whole family affair. So it's definitely interesting, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: What do you think that we have learned as a couple from building a life around a business? Communication adaptation understanding? We've communication? What I mean, we learned that we're always good at communication?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What I mean? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, yes, one percent. Yeah, you've always been good at communication. It's true, it's true.
Speaker 3: But like our scheduling, like knowing like what's going on, So typically like every day it'll be like, Okay, what do you got on to go tomorrow? Because it's like my schedule as well. I do shift work. I have other jobs I do, like I work for charities. I do a bunch of stuff. So typically we do the run around as to, Okay, so what's what do you have going on this week? And then unfortunately my memory is very very short, so I typically revisit that every night and possibly in the morning.
Speaker 2: Again we have one to go.
Speaker 3: So that's kind of like always like we're we kind of strive through it together and let it be like if we have appointments and things like that, we kind of really do tackle them together in that aspect.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really not me being in sense would have been our communication. We have great communication. Today we're driving or rubber She's like, what was that you said to me? Like, oh, no, you can drive? Oh, because she asked, we're going to my uncle's birthday, uh in the like the first or second weekend of September. And I'm like, oh no, she says, are we are we taking the car or the vehicle down to Vaughan And I'm like, for what zo Enzo's birthday? And You're like yeah. I'm like, well, doesn't matter, Like we can take the car, but I'm more comfortable in the passenger side in the past say and she's like, what you said I was driving. I'm like, what do you mean you're not driving? Like what, I'm passenger princess like this is like what? And then she's like, well, what if you're driving? I'm like, are you mad at me? I'm like, you're mad at me? Tell me you're mad at me? You want me to drive down to Vaughan. I don't. So I drive every single day like my oh whatever.
Speaker 2: Then we live like a kilometer from the gym. I don't consider that driving.
Speaker 1: I drive tune from the single day. You watch your mouth. It's so three minutes, three minutes back. Sometimes in the evening it's been like five minutes with traffic. People stop at the light and I need to instead of turning that they're turning. Signalana, this will stop at the light. I'm like, kidding me, just turn You're making me out my five minute commute. So our communication is fantastic. It's funny because yesterday I was texting Chris and I actually I've been looking at another location. I'm not leaving Barry, don't worry. Very is awesome and I'm still here. But there's i'd like to open a second location south and I know I him and Haw about opening another location, not opening it. I got the brand for it, I have the resources. I may as well and bring a different type of fitness to other people. So I was on the phone with this possible thing. I'm gonna say a person. I was on the whole the person, not a robot, not a couch on, like a live person. And I was also going back and forth with my mom, and I was going back and forth with Chris. And I like to bounce ideas, not just with Chris but also with my mom because she's owned businesses as well my entire life. So I'm like, let's just see, because she's gonna tell me how we all know. My mom's going to tell me exactly how it is, if it's a stupid idea, if it's great, and my mom is like three feet in like already. And I was also talking with Chris about it, and then I forgot to mention while she was at work that I was looking at this other space to create another version of the Transformation Station. And she's showing me the text and she circled it and read with an exclamation mark, because all I wrote was okay, see see Jim tomorrow. It's it's I'm not buying a gym, but it's already a it's a gym and they're closing. So I texted her. I said see Jim tomorrow ten thirty am or Saturday, and then I said Saturday. Next message, I said, Saturday at noon, I gotta go. And Chris was like what and she circled it and read and put an exclamation mark and sent it back to me. I'm like, do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth? But then I realized that I gave her exactly zero context.
Speaker 2: Our communication is fabulous.
Speaker 1: Oh shoot, we recorded this one the same. Some people are gonna know. But I thought that I already told you. I was like, but you were at work. But that's just how my brain operates, right, Like I just go fast, fast, fast, fast fast, And like this space like it's it's four times the size of where I'm now, right, but it's it's good. And like I said, it's easy. I'm already incorporated. Things are already there. I am literally it's so easy for me to franchise, not franchise, but open a second location and seamlessly open. It's super easy, So like, why would I not look for another location to bring joy to people in the same area and have there actually be another space that if we do a field trip instead of going to other people's gyms in Burlington or in Newmarket or Mississauga, we can field trip to another version of the transformation station less than an hour away, in a space that's four times as big, that has a little bit of different equipment but same equipment to have like an in house competition like we had Agnite, or maybe I might sign up to host a decad for the people at the gym, so like we have more exciting stuff to branch the community between two different lotions and then say, hey, Okay, it's Saturday, we're gonna do TTS Barry. So people from Markham come and work out with the people in Barry. And hey, people in Barrie, we're gonna do TTS and Markham, let's all carpool. We're gonna have food over there. Let's grab a workout together. You guys can all meet each other. Like it makes the networking and the support so much bigger. So when I say, hey, I'm going to book a movie theater for us we can all go to one space and meet other people. And when people connect with other people, they get stronger and stronger, right, so why would I not do that? But that, to me, I'm not scared. Someone's like, whooh, that's like four times the amount of overhead that you already have. Are you afraid? I'm like, no, man, you could buy a house in two months with the amount of overhead that you have. Yeah, I know. I'm excited. And people are like no, no, no. So in saying that, are you scared of the risk?
Speaker 2: No, I.
Speaker 1: Would you have been.
Speaker 3: If it was me taking it one hundred percent? Like for me to buy the chairs that we just put together, like I researched those for I think a week before for kitchen chair, two kitchen chairs. So that's me as a human being. But with you and your judgment and the way that you execute your plans, I have faith in you.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you. So I used to be afraid at one time, right, But I think I think like there's different like quotes right, like faithful with little, you'll be faithful with much like I Actually I think that's a Bible scripture, to be honest with you. I was talking to another business owner in the gym this morning. She came in. I met her, and, uh, we're talking about that, like people that hide their their things, hide their gifts, or hide their their finances, stuff like that. I know not everyone likes to talk about money or finances. I'm not throwing numbers at you, but I think that's a big part of being a business owner as getting used to normalizing moving large, large sums of money, right, And I think we all deal with money and bill payments and stuff like that, and people tend to shy away from talking about those things. Like it's crazy because they were like, oh, you don't want to tell people that you spent twenty dollars on this parasox or whatever. But it's funny because people will always say when they got a deal, they'll be like, oh my gosh, thanks, I got my dress for five bucks and it has pockets. So people are so used to that, but they're not saying like, hey, this is actually how you become a responsible adult. Why didn't we learn about finances in school?
Speaker 3: And I don't remember. I think I was taught how to write a check at school. We also might have used a typewriter.
Speaker 1: I don't hate yourself before your time. Fair? Noiside?
Speaker 2: Okay, no typewriter.
Speaker 1: I love my typewriter. If my grandmother was like a green color, it matched the same color as my mom's bathtub at the time. Who were that green color that were in the bathrooms? Yeah, it was either like a dusty green color or some of the houses that were the same builder had like a dusty pink you know what I'm talking. Yeah, exactly, that was a color more typewriter. But yeah, I think like as you get used to moving larger sums of money, it becomes normal. So like for one person to pay let's say, two thousand dollars for a mortgage a month, they get nervous, right, Yeah, would you say that's normal, Well.
Speaker 3: It depends, like everybody's mortgages are all over the place. But yeah, I think like paying anything, any bills or anything, people tend to be nervous.
Speaker 1: About to be nervous. Yeah. So someone let's say, has eight thousand dollars a month in bills, does that sound scary.
Speaker 2: To you if I had to pay it?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, if you had to pay eight thousand dollars a month in bills, you're nervous about that.
Speaker 2: Oh, for sure.
Speaker 1: So what if you had eighty thousand dollars a month in bills? Does that scary because I'm glad I'm not paying them. Yeah. So for me, when I see eighty thousand dollars a month in bills, I'm like freaking Simba from the Lion King. I'm like I left in the face of danger. I just got a really really big eye roll. Just so you know. But that's the kind of brain that it takes to run successful business, right Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, No, you're definitely jumping into the risks.
Speaker 3: You understand kind of the outcome, and you're comfortable making those decisions totally.
Speaker 1: And you know, something that keeps me going and making different challenges for myself is I know and I love to see other people be successful. Doesn't matter if it's in their fitness, it doesn't matter if it's in their profession or their careers or in their family life. So when I know that I have thirteen employees and I got to pay them, and half of them are depending to pay their mortgage, not all half of them, but some of them. Some of them are part time jobs, it's cool. They love being part of the community and they love people and that's why they do it, not because they are depending on it to pay their mortgage. But some people in the gym work enough hours that they're paying their home bills and they're sustaining a family. So I know that for me, that makes me so happy to make sure that they're paid properly, they're paid on time. And I'm like, someone's dinner is depending on me. Someone's roof over their head is depending on me. Not just my roof over my head. I made a face, but like someone else's roof over their head is depending on me making sure that I'm making enough money in the business to pay them. So not only do I need to make eighty thousand dollars a month or forty thousand depending on how many locations you want to talk about it, we're talking about one. It's a lot. I'm not even gonna tell you, but we're okay, I'll tell you. Oh. Chris is like, no, don't tell you. Okay, So it's a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: So two locations is going to put me at over eighty k for overhead. Chris is like, why why don't we talk about that? Why don't we talk about that? People are like, oh, I'm going to open a business. I want to start a business. Oh, you make it look easy. This is easy, like Christino, Oh, who cares? All you do is coach. I got to come up with forty K a month currently every month. Yes, okay. Some people are gonna listen to this and be like, oh, why would you say that. You're talking about money. Okay. Some people are going to listen to that and be like, holy crap. I have more respect for you as a business owner. You're right, you can't be coaching every class day and night because you got a hustle. Right, let's be transparent about that. Well, people are like, oh, I got to work overtime because I got to pay my bills. I hear that in the gym all the time. I hear people talk about that, or kid's soccer or kids soccer. I gotta pay for kids dance. Let's talk about moms paying for mom's families. Whoever, I hear moms because I see moms in the gym all the time. They're talking about dropping twenty k a year on kids dance.
Speaker 3: We'd probably pay that invent bills and dog food.
Speaker 2: That's easy. We go beyond that, so we can't judge.
Speaker 1: No, what I'm saying is that people talk about it like I can't quit my job because I have to pay for my kids dance. I can't do this, or like, oh, I need to go to work because I need to make extra money, or oh, Christina, I need to change my membership because I need to work more because I'm moving and my mortgage is a lot because my brown kids are moving back home. I've heard that, So how can people can talk about that and tell me that? But I can't talk about the realities of mine because it's going to make people feel bad or it's gonna make people feel uncomfortable. Let's talk about that.
Speaker 2: And the listeners. This has gotten to a domestic.
Speaker 1: Well you're very private, right, I'm private, but sometimes I like people to know what it takes. Yeah, and there's some business owners out there that they're overhead is one hundred thousand dollars a month. And you know the only reason why they've gotting more successful in changing people's lives. Hopefully for that amount of money they're changing people's lives. Well, it gets more and more.
Speaker 3: You look at like some of the franchises, like if you own a Tim Hortons franchising fees alone are insane. Yes, you think like, yeah, you might own a Tim Horton, so we're own like a Boston Pizza one of these big franchises that those fees alone, not including your rent. And it's like, okay, this is not your two thousand dollars or three thousand dollars house rent. You're now talking twenty forty.
Speaker 1: For franchise fees, But can thirty.
Speaker 3: Thousand dollars and just rent on top of your franchise fees on top of everything else.
Speaker 1: But do you want me to say something? Ship? When you're franchise, you already have all your SOP, standards of procedures whatever written for you. You have the branding. You you're piggybacking off of an internationally known brand. So your fees are going to be high because you didn't have to build it. So look at someone who opens in the same spot, let's say two let's say the exact same location. Someone puts a Tim Horton's. They're already going to be successful because Tim Hortons has created a name for themselves. You have someone in that same spot open up Christina's Coffee shop. They have to advertise, create their own brand, to make sure that they have success. Most businesses fail with the first year. If you celebrate year I think they say year four or year five. Oh, now you're spending at my statistics. Now I'm speaking by systems. Oh you think I haven't studied this When I got over four forty thousand dollars a month in overhead, you think I don't know my stats. And I'm laughing because I'm like, this is how I also run the Transformation Station is by stats. A lot of people see me in class like doing dance moves and being funny. I can be myself there. I don't have to worry about stats there. But when I'm at home on my computer, I am so in it. I know my stats. Businesses after the first year, if they succeed, they're all right. If they pass year four and year five, you're gonna celebrate. I'm going into year eight with the Transformation Station on itself. I'm in year twenty two of business ownership and I've built something from scratch. So Christina's coffee shop. They need to hustle. You don't get no break in the in the business world. Man. You got overhead as soon as you open your doors, you got overhead. So that person chris A's coffee shop, let's say it's not me. Let's say it's my cousin. She needs to make enough. Let's say her rent and her bills and everything is forty K a month. And now she's opening and she knows nobody, and she knows nothing. All. She has a social media account and maybe two or three of people she's met on the street or customers, because you know, when you open a business, all your friends run the other way. They're across the street holding a Starbucks saying, hey, Christina's Coffee Shop, I've known you your whole life. You're my best friend. How's it going? As they're holding a Starbucks coffee in their hand, so we know that her friends are not there. Truthful, true, true. When a tim Horns opens, they naturally have people in there. They naturally the name drives itself, just like any I'm gonna say, fitness franchise. The name if they're known, that person pays for not having to do all the footwork themselves. There's still footwork they need to do. They need to show up to work. They need to make sure employees are paid they need to do all their But when you're a franchise, everything, your entire book is written for you, so you best believe you got to pay royalties for that. Building a brand and being an entrepreneur is different. Someone who owns a Starbucks is not an entrepreneurial person. No, I agree, No, no, it's not. No, literally, like that's a textbook. That's a business owner. That's a business owner. You need a special brain to be an entrepreneurial because you need to be able to build something from scratch, especially if you're branding yourself, your story, your own location. A brick and mortar business is crazy. So like, can you Tom in business mode?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I apologize listeners.
Speaker 3: I know that franchises are in franchise ownership versus business ownership for franchises is a very heated spot for Christina, So I do apologize for starting out a little bit of fire.
Speaker 2: I am tired. I just got off of nights.
Speaker 1: So you're like, okay, something good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you said six minutes, I'm like, I think we're beyond Zick.
Speaker 1: I know, like we're both so tired. I'm like I need to record a podcast. You're it. It's like really like right now, six minutes. But it's true though, right like, there is such a difference and a lot of people and I'm just saying this because a lot of people don't realize the difference between Barry Berger and McDonald's. We know the difference Barry Burger. They like the dazeke and the Greek salad and the chicken seers. I don't even know if I've ben there. Oh it's a delicious I think they had two locations, but I think there are two different owners. I don't know if I would classify that as a franch I don't know if they're legally a franchise or not. But I'm just saying that that's the only Burger place I know that. It says Barry Berger. And we live in Barry, so don't quote me on that. But it's, oh, like the Greekery. There's a coffee shop the Greekery.
Speaker 2: It's this is like.
Speaker 1: Thinking about, well, they might be listening to this on the way to work. So but like I'm just saying, like the Greek Rey. I follow them on Instagram. They're fantastic. Check them out. They have some sugar free stuff too. If that's your jam. They're gonna be different than than Starbucks, oh yeah, or Second Cup right, Like, power to them. Man, they're building their own brand. That's hard. So anyway, okay, we'll wrap this up. I hope this didn't freak anybody else out about talking about money. I do believe that that is normal. I know people like taboo taboo and I'm like smacking my hand as I'm saying taboo taboo. It makes the world go round. I am very well versed in business, not just tambourine banging on my hand. Actually, there was someone today I was talking to, and Chris was there too, someone that we know and love and trust. Actually, Sarah So who was on the podcast last week. She's been a member for over five years now. She just hit five years and so she's seen some of the ups and downs and the moves and everything else. And she looked at me and she's like, I know sometimes when you go get talking because I'm like we're talking about like, oh Christ, you must be like overwhelmed. And then Sarah's like, even just listening to you for three minutes talk about business, She's like, I don't know how you do it. Like even I'm overwhelmed. I'm like, I know, it's a lot. So yeah, So that is the consensus of living with an entrepreneurial person. Do you ever tired of it? I don't mean like right now.
Speaker 3: Like mentally, it's sometimes it is draining, like I can't operate at the level and speed that you do because it's like I'm more of a slow methodical, like a different pace.
Speaker 1: Like hmm, that's why you've worked at the same job for sixteen years.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 1: And you're fantastic and you have great benefits, which means we have great.
Speaker 2: That dogs have great benfits.
Speaker 1: Dogs have great but hey, they have great benefits because we pay their insurance for them. That's fully all right, So let's wrap this up. Then. I guess I can talk to you about this for a long time. I still want to talk about it.
Speaker 3: Though, You'll be talking to me about it for hours after this podcast.
Speaker 1: So it's just gonna be recorded.
Speaker 2: It's just not re corded and people aren't listening.
Speaker 1: No one to hears yell in the kitchen as we're going to prepare dinner.
Speaker 2: I don't have to tell you to tone it down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the other day, Okay, last story before we go the other day Christmas in the house and uh, my mom was on the phone. Actually, I don't know if I don't know if I said this on the podcast yesterday or the day before, but I pulled into the driveway and I had my mom on Bluetooth, like it goes like connected through my car, and all of a sudden, Chris is text messaging me and she's like, who are you? Who am I on the phone with? Let me they're talking to her or my mom sometimes her mom. But she's very, very very quiet, So it doesn't we don't. We're not loud. You can't even hear us having a You can hear me having the conversation, you can't hear her. So Chris wants me in text message, who are you yelling at and talking to you on the phone in your car? The neighbors are going to call the police, thinking that there's a domestic I'm like, I'm just talking. I'm having a normal conversation with my mom. What are you talking about? Because when we get going, we get louder and louder and louder. It's a gift.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, all.
Speaker 1: Right, let's wrap it up. Thank you so much for agreeing to be on this podcast.
Speaker 2: Thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Oh you're welcome.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: If this resonated with you, hit me up, let's talk about it. If you didn't love it and this made you uncomfortable and everybody hates this, I'm never going to talk about money ever, ever again. But if this resonated with you, high five. Feel free to send me any questions, comments, concerns. If you know someone who is a little bit south and they're looking for a job, send over my resume. Christina with a ch at the Transformation Station dot CA. Send this to another entrepreneurial person, maybe not a franchise owner. Didn't mean to shit on it, Just want to say they pay fees for a reason, and I'm sure they know, and if they wanted to get out they could. All right, until next time,