Speaker 1: This is Eye on the Ball on Fox Sports fourteen finding. I want to take part in the show called up Steve now went five two oh four, one, six, seventy four forty.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to Eye on the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Rivera. You're Dave Schilder. Now with breaking news. We got Kobe, no music, no sound, no nothing.
Speaker 3: I guess not again, Yeah, no, bring news sound. But earlier today, number nine Colorado defeated number eight Arizona sixty one to fifty eight in the second round of the Beach twelve Tournament, after leading fifty to forty early in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 4: It was fifty to forty. Thanks. Yeah, I thought it was like eight. So that's man. It's a rough way to finish the season. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, if it's over, for sure, there could be some NCAA possibilities.
Speaker 4: I suppose.
Speaker 5: I don't know how many teams would would go out of the Big twelve.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but that's tough.
Speaker 3: Arizona Men's star Coldon Smith advances in the Indian Walls Open.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about tennis. Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 5: You mentioned that one of my friends was there and he said he saw tennis, and I'm thinking, really, he said, you Vegas, So there it is.
Speaker 4: I had no idea there was an Arizona player pro.
Speaker 2: He's like a pro like like he's playing with the he's a pro. I don't know how they do it, but he's a pros like ranked two hundred and forty or whatever, which was amazing.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't. I didn't have no clue. Yeah, me too, until I saw.
Speaker 3: That undranked old miss takes down number four Tennessee at home.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's These games are crazy. We talked about Florida earlier, right, they beat Obama on the road. Ye, yeah, Mississippi beat Tennessee and then Auburn Alburn lost too. Yeah earlier in the week to who do they lose to test a m Yeah right right, yeah, so yeah, that.
Speaker 4: SEC is pretty brutal.
Speaker 5: There's there's like five or six really good tea so we'll see how that works out.
Speaker 3: The LA Chargers have released five time Pro Bowl selection Joey Bosa. This saves the Chargers twenty five point three six million against their cap.
Speaker 4: That's cool, and they'll still be mediocre next year. Yeah, they'll still go you know, nine and seven or whatever.
Speaker 3: Alex Ovechian is now just ten goals away from breaking Wayne Gretzky's all time scoring record.
Speaker 5: It's pretty impressive. I didn't think that was gonna be broken. I mean, I don't follow hockey. Yeah, this is goals. Yeah, so I mean, Gretzky's gonna still have the overall points records going. But I mean, I didn't think anybody would get to whatever that number is. It's a pretty large number. He had a pretty big lead over everybody when he left. When he retired, what is that number? I'm not sure that's fine.
Speaker 3: The Cincinnati Bengals are letting star pass rusher Trey Hendrickson Sika trade.
Speaker 4: Who runs the league now?
Speaker 5: The players back to Gretzky. He's nine behind Gretzky eight eighty five.
Speaker 4: So she wus to got one yesterday? I think maybe. Yeah. Gretzky, Yeah, eight ninety the.
Speaker 5: Unapproachable, seemingly unapproachable mark of eight ninety four when he retired, old Alex.
Speaker 4: He's old now, was like thirty two, early thirties.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, so so Kobe Howld's old.
Speaker 4: What do you think old?
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 4: If he's thirty, he's thirty nine.
Speaker 3: I mean but he looks old because he's got like gray hair, Like, hey, that's older than you look.
Speaker 4: Than he is, Kobe, I'm asking you a question. How old is old? Do you for sports players?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 2: No, just in real life, don't No. No, I asked the kids out all the time, like I would say, like eighties, Oh you would be nice. Now everyone says like forty five okay, hold your dad.
Speaker 3: He's gotta be like fifty ish.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: So Avenkin has got like I said, eight hundred and ninety four was the number. So he said eighty five, got thirty two goals this year. He's thirty nine years old.
Speaker 4: How many more season? Sore?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think pretty soon, yeah, usually April layast start.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Jacksonville Jaguars are trading wide receiver Christian Kirk to the Texans for twenty twenty six seventh round pick.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: Also, Max Crosby agrees to a three year, one hundred and sixty five million dollar extension.
Speaker 2: With the Raiders going to stay now, Yeah, because they did something yesterday. They they cut him or something. Now he's back or something. I can't We usually said that yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was yesterday's news.
Speaker 3: Matt MAVs assistant Alex Jensen to coach almer Materer.
Speaker 2: Utah Arizona fans should know him from bad game, Good game for nineteen eighty eight.
Speaker 4: Good game for Utah, good game for him and uh Miller. Oh yeah, Andre Miller, Andre Miller.
Speaker 2: There was another Jordan's Jorgsen or something like that. There's three guys that kind of killed Arizona in their triangle in.
Speaker 4: Two Yep, the infamous Anaheim game. Infamous, the worst beatdown loot that's taken in the postseason. Yeah, the year after championship.
Speaker 5: So he was on that team and now he's obviously coaching around it around the country.
Speaker 2: It was a Dallas assistant. Like you said, I guess Andre Miller's a D League coach too. There's they had a few of those guys trying to get that head coach in job.
Speaker 3: That is it for today's breaking news.
Speaker 2: Okay, I've got a lot of time left to call us if you want to call us in call us.
Speaker 4: In being a coaches.
Speaker 5: You see the deal that the Oregon football coach signed, Dan Lanning got a big monster contract.
Speaker 2: What are you e like eleven million a year or something? So crazy? Wow, uh, then we had Stephen A.
Speaker 4: Smith.
Speaker 2: God, I'm in the wrong beat, Steve. I'm changing my name here. It is welcome to iing the ball. You're on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Stephen A. Roubera. Here's Dave Silver and c Silver twenty million dollars a year for the next five years.
Speaker 5: And really it can go start talking about politics on other channels and things like that.
Speaker 4: Oh man, It's.
Speaker 5: It's a weird time in uh, in life, in life, but like even like in sports media, how it's kind of creeping over into political No questionnes his name McAfee's, you know, complaining about the national anthem the other day.
Speaker 2: Honestly, honestly, I told you before this. If people are paying attention to me, thank you. But what the hell for, you know, because.
Speaker 5: You're a pretty big platform onny ESP Yeah, but what are they saying? It means anything, I don't know. They get people to listen somehow.
Speaker 2: Well that's fine, because you can be silly and all that stuff, but really, what are you going to say, not solving the world's problems?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, I'm not not trying to either. So Steven A smiss getting twenty million years for five years for one hundred million.
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: What the world is this? And then ESPN's firing people because they need to pay.
Speaker 4: People, right? What just the way the world is working these days?
Speaker 2: I guess remind me again. I have to tell you something after we go. Oh no, okay, forget uh, nothing else, Kobe right, not yeah, nothing else save us guys. Anybody want to call please do five two zero four one, six seventy four forty.
Speaker 4: So you got your fix of baseball? Already got my fix? One more game tonight, six o'clock. You're going out there to watch, going out there to watch and see how long it's five.
Speaker 2: Dollars beers college night. Kobe's going Yeah, other kids, I got Kobe wan and.
Speaker 4: You have to escort anybody around and get them home.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know, but I'm gonna hit the uber. I don't even have an uber wrap.
Speaker 4: So yeah, the ubers should just line up outside the stadium with right, right, my boys?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 4: Who is going there? Henry and Jan and you? Okay? Can I see you? Right? D Son? Yeah? Uh, you're going to Cago too.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: What a life of a coustud, you know, life of Riley.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna hit some spring training games though in the Maricopa County area in the next couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: Looking for We're gonna be with me next week for a while, aren't you, because we have a couple of maybe authors coming in.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, we can really, we can do a whole week of authors.
Speaker 2: Authors, sports, sports, sports authors sports.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, uh so that'll be good for next week.
Speaker 5: Tous Festival Books next Saturday and Sunday. You have a free join one hundred thousand other people to come to campus.
Speaker 4: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: It's a nice it's a nice it's a nice day of walking around, seeing people sitting on your seminars. Are you going to know Jason Jason moderator. Yeah, he's a moderator for one of the sports people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean there's all kind of if you are a you don't even have to be a reader. I mean, it's it's a it's a great place to just walk, like you said, walk around see the campus.
Speaker 4: A lot of free bee stuff, a lot of free.
Speaker 5: Stuff, handouts, a lot of good food. The weather forecast looks really good. So I'm excited. It's my first year of being involved. I'm really happy it's gonna work out that way.
Speaker 8: Good.
Speaker 4: I want to have my I want to have my book in my car selling them like a we're gonna get your book publicized this week. I hope. I'll tell you. I'll tell you this is good news.
Speaker 6: Good.
Speaker 4: That's that'd be nice. Thank you. Okay, hope, Well have all the power all I has. I have his hope today. That's all. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But you know what a couple of things. Thanks to a couple of the listeners because they've listened to my advertise advertising on the show when they Hey, I want the book.
Speaker 4: So thanks. The book is on the way. Actually I just got to sign it and send it. So if you're interested, had you read my book? Yeah, we had. Yeah, I heard your Tolbery interview though I was driving around. You like that story? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did you ever heard that story? Wait about the about the tark Oh no.
Speaker 8: I've.
Speaker 4: About how he went to go watch his brother play Little leaguers up he was at the house. I never heard that story.
Speaker 2: That was a funny story the way it's in the book. And he says, some old dude was here looking for you. He was a short guy. Yeah, that was it.
Speaker 4: That's so funny.
Speaker 2: It was dark, and had he been there, he said he would not have he would have been hard.
Speaker 5: He would have he would have gone to you, and hard to turn him down because he came to his house. Right, Yeah, what we missed all? I mean, those are all the fun times that doesn't happen anymore.
Speaker 2: And you don't get those stories much anymore because you know, after him, it was off the you know, kind of the midnight loot thing and coming in and swooping and getting played.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean nowadays it's more like, you know, how can we get this guy to transfer to our school?
Speaker 4: Let go to their talk to mom and dad, go to their house.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about like Nebraska and some of the other schools not having spring training or spring football because they don't want them to see people already know who you have?
Speaker 5: And then did you watch any of the Bill Belichick highlights in North Carolina? They're not wearing any numbers, I don't think on their really jerseys or whatever.
Speaker 4: How do you know who's who?
Speaker 2: They're not doing the what do you call it, the h HBO, you're not doing that. I think they decided after all that's what I read.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was you know Actually, if you saw last year's version of that show, they did the New York Giants and that's kind of when the sick one Barkley trade was made. It was really pretty fun to watch in hindsight, because I mean they're sitting there fretting over what do we do this. They're talking to the owner, talking to the GM the coach, everybody weighed in on it.
Speaker 4: Okay, we gotta let them go, and then look what happens. Sometimes you're just are the Giants? You're a Jets fan? Right?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Just why aren't you a Giants fan?
Speaker 3: If that's any anything is better than being a Jets fan because my dad was a Jets.
Speaker 4: Oh that's right. So how are they?
Speaker 2: They're still respected in the in the big city, the Giants are, even though they haven't been good in a long time.
Speaker 3: I would say the Giants are a little bigger than the Jets are in the city.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's kind of like the little brother at times.
Speaker 4: The Jets. Yeah, they they haven't been a big brother in forever.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know, that's about it. A couple of years sprinkled in there.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, so you look familiar. What's your name? Joe Namath? I've never heard of you. You've never heard of you. You gotta call thank you.
Speaker 2: You're on the air, and eyeball, who's this this?
Speaker 4: Paul? You're ahead of time, but you have the.
Speaker 8: Call in like few minutes before, So I can, I can?
Speaker 4: I can a few minutes? No, no, no, this do this. We're gonna keep We're gonna keep.
Speaker 2: You on and we'll go to about four to twenty and then take a break. Is that cool. I'm with Dave Silver, I'm Steve Rivera. As we know, I want to thank you because you do a lot for this show and obviously the community. Dave here was telling me, you guys used to have the Nova Home Loans Player of the Week at the channel night.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 8: I used to. That was my that was my TV debut.
Speaker 4: He was great times. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna joke, what are you doing now with the compusertors? At what level are you out with there at the golf course?
Speaker 8: So I've been, uh, I've been at Conquisador now this will be my ninth year obviously. Then then then we degree for quite a while working my way up from a rookie, you know, all kinds of jobs just for the tournament, and and now I'm the president this year, so I'm in the twilight of my conquisitor, Dave, and you know, this would be my last hurrah, so I'm excited to get sided a bittersweet as well.
Speaker 4: How's my guy Aaron been doing for this tournament?
Speaker 6: Good?
Speaker 8: Good, good, He's he's doing good. Obviously, he spent a year putting this thing together, so you know, this is a culmination of all of those hours and days out here at the course and and meetings and whatnot. So we're excited for a successful tournament. Hopefully the weather cooperates a little bit tomorrow, and I think Saturday and Sunday are gonna be pretty awesome.
Speaker 5: Tell us about the move to La Poloma and why did that happen, and what's your thoughts on how it went, you know, really in the first time around last year.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, yeah, this is our second year at O Pahoma. You know, been at OMNI for a number of years, and and obviously there's a there's a long standing relationship decades at at Omni. But you know, things, you know, some good things come to an end, and I think there was kind of a change that we needed. I think both entities kind of saw that and and UH down a new home at La Pahoma, which has been amazing and challenging getting a new venue and kind of figuring out the way out and and how things work. So you know, last year was our our test run. But you know, they they love having us out here. They've got the resort, you know, on site. So the players love that because that was a big thing at Omni with the resort there, and you know, they can they can hang out here at the at the at the clubhouse, they can go to the restaurants around there or at La Palloma and uh, you know, go to bed, wake up or all out of bed and hit the uh hit the driving range in the morning. So got some really good feedback. A little more challenging course, obviously because at the Desert Desert course and a lot of those guys were used to Omni. It's a little more forgiving and and UH a lot more open. But you know, we last year was I think the first UH tournament where the golfers were able to use golf carts, and so obviously that's needed out there. And and so I think they had a little little challenge to kind of get used to that, but I think I think they embraced it, especially you know, having to walk around and while ploma that's a that's a hike, So they definitely like that cart to have them right around.
Speaker 2: So what's the what's the uh, the contract with them for how long?
Speaker 4: I once you longer.
Speaker 8: I've been a couple few more years here and I think, uh, I think, you know, we may look at an extension hopefully and if if not, you know, our our goal of course for the case scores is always keep professional golf in two songs. So it's uh, it's been a great relationship. They love having us here. The facilities are awesome. You know, the people here that work here are great, and it's a really good relationship that we have with with the course here.
Speaker 5: How about the golf fan Are they okay with the with the hilly course and you know it's just you know walking that yeah.
Speaker 8: Again, kind of figuring that out last year, we we we had to kind of change some of the ingress egress options here and and and also you've got the pros on carts and maneuvering the pathways with the crowd. We kind of figure out some weak points last year and got this identified this year. But it's it's it's nice here because you've got you know, you've got all eighteen seventeen sixteen right right near the clubhouse. Fifteen's right right next to it as well, So you've got four really gratefuls that the public can easily walk to. You've got those ones that want to get their steps in and they can they can hike back, you know, to the back holes. They'll definitely be be walking and going uphills. But you know, some people like that challenge. And and but again a majority of it is all centered around here as well as with the hospitality and and venues and and you know, the beverages and mood and whatnot. It's all kind of a one stop shop there. For sure.
Speaker 2: I know I'm going Saturday and Sunday. I got my tickets at least for Saturday donated. It's almost a free trip. You can just go there, pay five bucks, you know, donate to your journey, and anybody who wants to go should go. It's a heck of a price to go and and enjoy it, right, and then Sunday is the final yep.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and then we've got We've also got the concert, you know, this concert on Friday and Saturday. So we've got Vanilla Ice, Rob Bass Tone Loke on Friday, and this is at the Rito Downs. I know there's still tickets available. I think they started forty five dollars ticket and and there's the IP options. And then on Saturday nights, we've got Cole Wetzel, Dylan Marlowe who's a rising star, Sophie rankin the sound, and a local artist that that's a good to your friend of mine. His name is Drew Cooper. So it's gonna be a it's gonna be it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's really a who's who of golfers too.
Speaker 5: I mean really this whole that whole generation of guys who were playing here, you know, back in the day when they would play it at Omni or the Gallery. You have some of those courses, but they're you've got a great field, I mean.
Speaker 8: Everybody, Jerry, Jerry, Kelly, Ernie l Dave Duvall, Padrick, Patrick Arrington, you know, past Joe champions. Joe Durant is going to be here, and you know, it's it's cool to just see these guys up close, and and they're all very approachable and and and extremely grateful to be playing still and and and it's awesome to see these guys out there.
Speaker 2: Is Sheorick complaining because I know I think he was a guest, isn't it? Oh no, Jim, I don't think he made now if not heard his name, Jim, Tim.
Speaker 8: They were going to have Ted perty Is out here. We're excited to have him. Steve Stricker was going to be here, but he had to withdraw. So that was is what it is. But that's just that's just life. But you know, got to see uh ainho Cemenez uh walking around, strutting around like a Spanish rooster.
Speaker 4: Store.
Speaker 8: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: You need one of those guys because you don't have John Daily.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, John Daily. I know is. I think he's he's got some some injuries. I think he's nursing. So but uh, you know, we had him, we had you know, Daily out at OMNI for for years and obviously he was a huge, huge, huge crowd pleaser for sure.
Speaker 2: Right, so that starts tomorrow, it goes to Sunday. Yesterday you had a program correct.
Speaker 8: Yesterday, and today we had our pro am so we were fortunate that the weather cooperated with us and so it was and we got you know, the afternoon shifts still out there out on the course. I got to play yesterday. We see Parrel with my group and he was awesome. And again it's like surreal to see these guys and play with them because they're super nice. They're giving you tips, winding up your putts, giving you, you know, some some golf lessons occasionally. But uh, we were fortunate. Our team took a took second place in the program yesterday, so that was pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Nice And one more question we had was was parking of people do if they just want to drive up and go to the turn, where should they go?
Speaker 4: How are they going to get in?
Speaker 8: Yeah? Yeah, the main parking for general is down at the u of a farm there right there off of First just south of the Retho River right there, so they're running shuttles. There are some preferred parking that's up closer to the club. Can't park at the resort, but you know, if you go to call of Guard call guard classic dot com, you can get some more information there for parking as well as additional tickets and at the same time, for the concert. You can go to r o c q fest dot com. So r O c qfest dot com and you can get those tickets there as well.
Speaker 2: And Saturday, if you guys want to go, it's kind of like nonperishable day, but it's five bucks a ticket. Just got to go on the website. You know, I did it easy, five bucks a ticket. I have about a few uh and uh they send you an email you with the confirmation and all that stuff with you sign it up or you print it out, take it in and so five buck day nice.
Speaker 8: Yeah, absolutely, So it's going to be fun that. You know, it's awesome that we're able to keep this tournament here. We've been been around since nineteen sixty two, and you know, we've raised almost forty million dollars for the city's youth and amateur athletics and sports, and so we're fortunate to continue that tradition and also pity of years to come.
Speaker 2: Right right, I think they were telling me that there maybe more than half a million this year to be raised, right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we raised seven hundred last year, so we're trying to obviously, we're trying to raise the bar every year and so and again with with color Guarden exact sciences. I mean, they're they're there are are are our biggest champion here. And in addition to you know them, you know, they encourage people to you know, learn more about correctal cancer by getting screened early to support early detection or colon cancer. They do bring out like three hundred and fifty colon cancer survivors as a tournament and that's awesome. A few got to play in the program yesterday and today. And you know they create a welcoming community that enables those individuals to come together as a community and help spread the word, you know about defeeding that terrible disease.
Speaker 4: Well, Paul, appreciate your time.
Speaker 2: Always Noble Home Loans another president of the Keistadors have a good time place to you this weekend.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we'll see out there. I'll get you a beverage.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna find you. Can I come to Yeah you can.
Speaker 9: I'll go.
Speaker 8: I'll get you guys, maybe maybe maybe maybe a second one.
Speaker 2: Thanks, Paul, appreciate you all right, guys. Hey, yeah, well hope we got to take a break here, come back, uh and take some falls.
Speaker 10: Are you ready ready to discover your soul? Your wild side, your passion, your joy and excitement. From the latest slots and table games, to award winning dining, to world class entertainment to a luxurious resort.
Speaker 4: Discover all this and more.
Speaker 10: Discover with a casino del soul, the soul of Tucson.
Speaker 4: Are you ready enterprise of Fasco Yuki?
Speaker 8: Try?
Speaker 11: The Window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Frowsy aisles of instock cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space. Today, visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for money to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect wood, type, color and style and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the window deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 2: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorato Rock Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work. I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. Give them a call at five two zero four zero zero four two three three.
Speaker 4: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 3: Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 12: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals, your health and fitness to serve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the.
Speaker 4: Leading edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 13: On twenty second just west of will Not Let's start twenty twenty five off with a bang by honoring those who did a bang up job for you in twenty twenty four. Recognize your employees, salespeople, managers and agents with a Creative Award from Creative Awards. It's time to restock your promotional products and convention giveaway items, and Creative Awards has over five hundred thousand products to choose from. Don't forget your corporate apparel for a great sharp look int twenty twenty five, visit the Creative Awards Idea Center at two twenty eight West Drackman. Visit them online at Creative Awards az dot com.
Speaker 14: At Nova home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit Voltpe team dot com. That's Volpe team dot com or called five two oh six eight five six two six Today n MLS three oh eight seven, arizon A BKO Ninez two nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity, how to commitment to Lindrixson credit rates and available loan programs or subject to change without notice?
Speaker 15: Did you know collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around.
Speaker 4: Whether you're looking at chart or expand your collection. Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination.
Speaker 15: As one of the leading card shops in the country, We've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best in sports cards and trading card games. From rare fines to the latest releases. Showtime Cards has it all. Check the on it Showtimecards dot Com or visit them on East Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere trush Showtime Cards for their passion.
Speaker 13: Richard bacall Law Office, defending Arizonans for over thirty years and a wildcat fan for over sixty. If you need an experienced criminal defense attorney, call Richard McCall five two oh seven to four to Roh twelve thirteen, broud sponsor of Eye on the Ball.
Speaker 16: Go cats got bugs, termites, bees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your complete desert pest management specialist. Tests can't run or hide from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termites, bees, or Rodents serving Tucson and southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azpest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 11: If you're feeling overwhelmed by the thought of a home remodel, don't stress.
Speaker 4: The Window Depot is here to help.
Speaker 11: At the Wind Depot, we're your one stop warehouse for everything you need for your next remodel. Windows, check doors, got it, cabinets, countertops, and everything in between.
Speaker 4: You'll find it all.
Speaker 11: Here at the lowest prices. Whether it's a kitchen, bathroom, or whole home makeover. Our experienced designers are ready to bring your dream home to life, all at unbeatable prices. Find a location near you our shop online at the Window Deepot dot com. The Window Depot more than a windows store.
Speaker 4: Why is mining so important. It's the foundation of everything that defines a society.
Speaker 17: Everything you see is a product of mine, no matter when, no matter how, no matter why. Every society on this planet has developed, grown and modernized based solely on the interals of a process.
Speaker 4: That's why mining is so important.
Speaker 2: dBm dot com Streamy Live on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: Why His Eye on the Ball with Steve Rivera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 2: Heay, welcome back to Eye on the Ball here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 4: I'm Steve Rivera. You I'm Steven A. Rivert.
Speaker 2: Is you get in a contract? Maybe the cat catch on. I do need some sponsors. Anybody interested? Find me? Find me Dave. How are you doing doing well? Okay, you got to get a quick note for us.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: The next generation of Oilcat basketball continues to at least maybe I don't know if they're going to get him. But Andrea Goodala, the second apparently making a campus visit. So the next kids, he's the legacy kids. So Gilbert's kid showed up. It apparently doesn't doesn't want to play here or is not good enough to play here. Andrea Godala's son very tall and skinny and young, so a lot a lot of a lot of places where you can grow. But he's playing in the Midwest in Missouri, and uh, you know he could maybe battle Lebron Lebron's kids coming.
Speaker 4: Is coming the different spot park because he's sixty three.
Speaker 2: Yet the smaller smaller, Yeah, he's six seven.
Speaker 4: You you you.
Speaker 2: Covered both guys, Gilbert and Andre Yeah, who had a better career here.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm gonna Gilbert. I don't know, you're on the spot. I got a look at their stats.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's funny. Gilbert got to the final four.
Speaker 2: There was a pain and Andre was too a little And you know Andre's left because he's the one that said I made Luke cuss one time and he kind of did you know that story? Yes, and Andrea was pretty good, Luke said. Luke said. Luke Walton said, if he were to stay four years, he'd be the best player to ever play here. I don't disagree with that. I don't disagree with that. He was so good triple doublesorically.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean he was.
Speaker 5: He never really I mean he did eventually develop that outside shot once he got into the NBA, but here he didn't have much of an outside game at all. It's all drive and athletic stuff, very athletic. Him and has Adams. That was a pretty good tandem of athletes.
Speaker 4: And that's that's yearly.
Speaker 2: Remember if you lost, they lost to Kansas as the number one in two thousand and three.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's right.
Speaker 2: Uh, and Jason missed the three pointer in the corner, that's right. Yeah, I remember stuff that I shouldn't remember because I can't remember your name.
Speaker 4: I don't. I don't think I was. I might have been at that game An could beat Notre Dame and then he lost lost to Kansas.
Speaker 5: That was in the Elite eight Elite Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean I remember when he came in because he was from the Chicago area or Illinois, you know, so there was a little bit of this I feel like I'm going to be the next Michael Jordan to him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he and well he had gone to Arkansas, right, you remember, and then Nolan Richard him got fired, so we decided to come here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think he tried to model his game after Jordan, and I mean Jordan didn't have a great outside game until maybe four or five years into his career. But you know, Andre got better, got better, and was obviously a great defensive player.
Speaker 2: And uh you know, in addition, do you remember what he's kind of interested more infamous for here too as well?
Speaker 4: Andre Yeah, No, uh, Pack twelve tournament, Pack ten tournament.
Speaker 2: At the time, I think, uh, they were playing it and he was on his phone as they were.
Speaker 4: On his phone as they were ready to be introduced coming out of the tunnel. I forgot about that one. That's a good one.
Speaker 5: It's reminiscent of that guy that's on the on what the Philadelphia Eagles. It's reading a book on the sidelines, you know, during the game. So now Andre did that twenty five years ago. Twenty years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two thousand and fourish, they lost the seat in the Hall his senior year. They were they had that lead and then he blew it against Seaton Hall two thousand and four. I think it was before the that was before the big blow in the Illinois game. The Illinois game.
Speaker 4: You were there, Yeah, sadly, yes, I was.
Speaker 2: Anthony Jimino and I were already calling our trouble agent how to get to the final four?
Speaker 4: Midway through the five minutes left? Oh yeah, I was. I was with you.
Speaker 5: I was probably on a hold as well. Yeah, where are we gonna go?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, easy trip isy tip?
Speaker 2: Wait, wait to take it hold on three minutes left, they got any pointly two minus left?
Speaker 4: What happened? That was the game?
Speaker 5: We will well, Oh gosh, is this gonna be the twenty twenty Yeah? Yeah, oh man, I'm expecting a good little story from you.
Speaker 4: They're not celebrating that put that baby together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, you brought something up that I can't still can't remember the Kansas City trip in two thousand and one.
Speaker 4: I really don't remember that trip.
Speaker 5: Come on, there must be some Arizona fans who went there, and I just remember it was snowing, it was cold, it was really cold.
Speaker 4: I don't even remember that. I didn't miss any of those and I can't remember what that was like. No, man, it.
Speaker 5: Will be chanious to see what kind of type of Arizona crowd to show up next week. Yeah, I mean there's a there's gotta be a there's I know there's a lot of alums like in Saint Louis and Kansas City.
Speaker 4: You know they'll be they'll get some people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well you talked about this today. Did we already talked about this in the year? The few people that we're in Kansas City now at the Women's that's to be expanded. It's two o'clock in the afternoon, seed versus nine seed. You know, yeah, you want to get out of out of work now till tomorrow when they play in the in the semi finals.
Speaker 4: We should know. The answer is the arena downtown, I think. So. Okay, so it's supposed to be a fun time.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's just that it's cool, right, And I think next week they canceled something on Wednesday because it is going to be very cold, and people from here, see, if you had it in Vegas, you don't have to worry about stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Well, is is Jay going to be on here tomorrow? Yeah?
Speaker 5: He asked Jay to tell some stories about because I was with him in Kansas City in eighty eight.
Speaker 4: Eighty eight, right, so I think we had some price love talking about that. We had some pretty good time there. There's a lot going on. It's a fun city, it really is.
Speaker 5: I mean as far as food and barbecue and just culture and music. I think I was there, you know what, now that I think about it, I was there in that year.
Speaker 4: We're talking about two thousand and one.
Speaker 5: It was Saint Patrick's Day, weekend or week so there was a lot of that going on besides the basketball. I remember like we went to the games and you know, we had to some you know, establishments, and there were all kinds of music.
Speaker 4: So it was pretty pretty crazy. Okay. I must have slept in Corky and I were just kind of what were you doing.
Speaker 2: I don't remember. I really this is surprised to me because I don't remember. I remember everything else, you know, because they went to San Antonio the week after be Illinois to get to the final four, Mississippi and then Illinois, I.
Speaker 4: Think, yeah, and then put in the champ haven't been back. Since I haven't been back.
Speaker 2: You would have, I bet you if I would have said, I'll give you odds on them getting back to the Final four, at some point you would said, oh, easy, of course.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: In the next twenty five years. Hey, by the way, we got to take off. We take a break now, you know, take a break because we went late with the Paul and then started our last segment here when we come. If you're an Arizona Man's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Take a look back at the Ludolsen era. In my new book, Lessons from Loot. It was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches, and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, that inspired them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's loved coach listens from Newton is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one email media Steve dot rivera ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 18: Hey Wilk at Nation, Jake Fisher here, I gotta tell you about my winning team over at Arizona Health Insiders. I was able to get a custom private health insurance plan with no deductibles, no co pays, nationwide coverage, and I get to pick my own doctor for less than two hundred dollars a month. If you want to avoid getting gouged on the Exchange and you want real health insurance called Arizona Health Insiders four A doh three five five one four four four four A doho three five five one.
Speaker 13: Four four four what's your goal? A new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial aid available, it's time to earn the degree or certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at PEMA dot edu slash Someday, Hey.
Speaker 2: Tucson, Steve rivera heir, and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmond Marcus All State Agency. These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to say call them today and score big on your insurance. With the Edmund Marcus All State Agency, You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven nineteen North Campbell or call them at five two zero three two three nine three three three.
Speaker 4: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 2: Arizona Health Arizona Health Arizona Health.
Speaker 12: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals. Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the leading.
Speaker 4: Edge in exercise equipment.
Speaker 12: On twenty second, just Western Wilmot.
Speaker 1: At Pyramid Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 7: We believe less is more. Let's peas mean more money in your pocket, Let's hassle means more time for what matters, and less stress means more confidence in your financial future. Pyramids Less is More philosophy is coming to your neighborhood with a new branch opening at the two sund Spectrum Peyermid Federal Credit Union, where less is More federally insured by NCUA, an equal opportunity lender.
Speaker 1: This is I on the Ball with Steve Ravera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty.
Speaker 4: Subscribe now to.
Speaker 1: The podcast on the iHeartRadio app just search I on the Ball.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to my about here on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. I'm Steve Ruher. You are or Deep Silver yep. Got Kobe here handling the machine and the calls if they do come in.
Speaker 4: It's funny. Ray Forrest from al Charle just sent me something.
Speaker 2: I guess they have foods from all over the Big twelve, and I guess the El Chao group is going to be providing the Wildcat, Mini chicken, Chimmy changdas.
Speaker 4: This is for the fans, for the fans. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Big twelve Conference announces entertainment and fan experience enhancements for twenty twenty five for the Men's and Women's Championship.
Speaker 4: And he sent me the foods. Give me give us some other examples.
Speaker 2: It was on the state smoked Bonus Wings, BAYL Brisket sliders, b y U Cosmos, churros, UCF citter that drink cheese, Coney's Chili, burritos, Shasta's brisket, tacos, green chili, pork walking tacos.
Speaker 4: I alway states bringing that?
Speaker 8: Good luck?
Speaker 4: What are they bringing?
Speaker 2: Green chili pork walking tacos? That's not from hatch. I ain't touching that New York City, the rinking chili New York City.
Speaker 4: But they probably have a lot of good pigs there in Iowa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but this is chili you're talking about, don't you don't screw up chili green chili, Well, don't try it. There's only one place to go for green chili. Your state, my state, not too far from here. Orange power pizza from where's that from? O?
Speaker 3: S U?
Speaker 2: Oklahoma State Oklahoma State, TCU, Cowtown, Loaded Tots, Texas Tech maxed Max. I can't see this too small print. A masked writer Burger Utah majyis special STRAMI in West Virginia. Mountaineer Pepperoni.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you a funny story about the Big twelve golf tournament that used to be held here in Tucson. I don't know if they still come, but weirdly they would come to Tucson and played it the postseason tournament. No, their postseason golf tournament, Big twelve tournament years ago. So some kid from we went out there and we shot highlights because the Big no wait, I'm sorry, it wasn't the Big Twelve. It was the Mountain West, but t was in the Mountain West in those years. Because you just mentioned TCU, so they they want it, and we would go out there and shoot highlights. And somebody from TCU wanted highlights because their kid won, So I sent them on some highlights on like a VHS tape or something like that. So we'll send you like a thank you for that. They sent me like this giant piece of brisket, literally like packaged in this like refrigerated cart and shows up at this TV station.
Speaker 4: Nobody knew what it was.
Speaker 5: People were terrified to like even open it. But they sent me like a big piece of beef and that was their thank you gift and we chopped it up and I mean, yeah, so if you go to the Kansas City and you look for.
Speaker 4: The TCU, it was really good. It was good gifts. It was like, what I don't i've you know, I've gotten other you know, thank you for the stories we had done. Yeah, like a coffee mug. Thanks, here's a picture or whatever. Here's a slab of beef. It was awesome. Came through. I'll never forget open. It was like, what's the dry ice? That's what it was. It was in this styrofoam thing with dry ice, and like, what is that? Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: If you're want to call, please do five to two, O four, one, six, seventy four or forty. You want to talk about the women's basketball team and will they make the tournament? Will they not make the tournament? You usually watch them and you had high hopes from them this year.
Speaker 4: What are your thoughts? Uh?
Speaker 2: Saturday's game obviously tomorrow Jay comes into the office here, we'll talk more about the game tomorrow anything else, Golf will start playing the goal first round of the golf tournament.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's gonna be on the golf channel. I know different times. Uh, this kind of bounces around. I think I'm not sure exactly the time. Just check your listing, local listings. But it's good coverage for Tucson, especially if the sun shining and La Paloma looks great and you're right up against the Catialenas, it's good cover.
Speaker 2: I think I think you're right with the sun shining. They'll show the mountains right there. Even when it snows. That's when it gets really snowing too, So i'd look at these great looking This is that.
Speaker 4: In the forecast for tomorrow? So snow.
Speaker 5: I don't know if that is right there. Yeah, but I know I think maybe like oracles. So there'll probably be some snow in the cat and they'll get some photos of that. It could be pretty. It'll be pretty.
Speaker 4: What's that? And then guess what everybody on Facebook will have it? Look what's this?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: Oh, you don't remember those were you?
Speaker 5: Did you ever go to those those tournaments when they did have the snow, like out at the gallery or the road.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you were like freezing out. Yeah it was. They'd have snowball fights and stuff.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there was some great there were some good, good TV moments I remember, and just I remember going out there like on Saturday and Sunday. It was so cold. You know, you're up a little bit and it's you know, you're maybe thirty five hundred feet and the snow.
Speaker 2: But I think it wouldn't stick that long when they cleared out pretty much.
Speaker 4: But the photos were pretty Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean it just doesn't make sense to see snow with cactus and never got used to it, but even snow on a golf course in Arizona doesn't make sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, Okay again, anybody want to call five two four one forty my guy Kobe? Is this sting and we do have a call. Actually, Hello, you're on the air, Andine on the ball. Who's yes, Dave and Steve? Your forming better than good. No, you're not gonna get any beat brisket from us just for saying that.
Speaker 6: I know I just called a few a minute ago and you didn't answer.
Speaker 2: Okay because Kobe was asleep. I'm not gonna I'm not paying him today for that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's it's gonna be a Pickham.
Speaker 4: Game, Howard.
Speaker 2: But I'm glad that you call and you sound like you're upbeat. But your son sucked.
Speaker 6: Oh no, no, they did. Okay, the other night they were way behind.
Speaker 8: We'll just see what happens, you know, see if they.
Speaker 6: Beat the best player in the world Denver tomorrow night.
Speaker 8: Le's see what happened.
Speaker 4: Where was that game, Matt. It's in Denver. Okay.
Speaker 6: They're gonna play a few on the road and the golf tournament. Uh, we're gonna see what the forecast is. It's gonna rain in nine. I'm gonna go next year. I'm going to that concert they're gonna have tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're going to see your wife. Don't don't break a hip, man, don't break a hip.
Speaker 6: I just wonder when the acts are gonna come on. They'll probably have local acts ahead, because I don't think they're going to start the the you know, Vanilla and Tone lope till later because they don't tell you. They just say bands from four to ten. Because my wife can't stay up past eight thirty.
Speaker 2: You better hope those guys to loan who's the other one.
Speaker 6: We're just gonna go later.
Speaker 2: We're not going to go in the doors open Vanilla. There's another one, you know, it's called rob Base. The song is but I've never heard of the guy bob Baits.
Speaker 8: But it's gonna be fun and cool. Anyway, next week I want to talk.
Speaker 2: About ni Lah okay, but we'll be here, we'll be and how do you spell that?
Speaker 6: Yeah, you gotta study up because it's gonna affect both of them and they're gonna have to pay people. And anyway, I don't see you guys later.
Speaker 4: Thank you, thank you. What do you think about the sun there? David? Did we talk about this d no crazy comeback and the Clippers?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah I did. That was a pretty good game and that's when that's when Katie and the coach couldn't get a little scuffle on the sideline. That's what they needed. Maybe not, I don't know, Yeah, I mean, I just don't understand. We've mentioned.
Speaker 5: I know I've talked about it when I've come come over here with the three superstars basically and they're just pretty mediocre as a team.
Speaker 4: What's that headline you have there? How about Raytheon? Yeah? Giving two million dollars in the U of a for a student center engineering.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, that's what you were chasing stuff like that, right.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah if I was, if I got that, I'd still be there. They'd never let me go. Yeah, David, what's your magic? Yeah, what's your secret?
Speaker 4: Sauce?
Speaker 2: I just asked them, just ask them, yeap to come to dinner one day. Give my brisket, big slab of me, Give me my brisket from nineteen ninety two?
Speaker 4: Are we losing topics to talk about it?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: We are, Yes we Sometimes that's the best topics, non sports topics.
Speaker 4: Yeah. What do you think's wrong with the Suns? You follow that stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean they sold a lot for Kad and Beal. Last year was they didn't have a point guard. This year they say it's defense. I don't know, I such thing. They got to rebuild again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're just not a winning franchise, I mean, big time winning franchise.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So we'll see you got a call. Hello, you're on the air nine the ball. Who's this?
Speaker 2: Thanks for calling and saving us, Steve vict Oh, here we go.
Speaker 4: I'm ready for you.
Speaker 8: I got a serious question.
Speaker 9: This is not funny, Dave. You can help me out.
Speaker 10: On this.
Speaker 9: In baseball when I was coaching playing, if a guy turned on an inside pastball twice in a row, you had a coach come to you and say, hey, we got to go off speed with this guy something against Arizona State. That guy averages twelve points a game. I forget his name, and he's drilling them for thirty and nobody's counting. Tommy, Hey, we got a hedge on this guy. We got to close out. Nothing like that happens today. In basketball. Idea, this girl is driving down the lane because everybody's helping out too much, and nobody went to her or her herself that has to know basketball, you know, by the boatloads, and said, hey, this girl's killing me because she's just driving down the lane and there's nobody in the middle of the stopper. That doesn't happen in basketball. You guys have been around closer than I and I don't know the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're saying that they're not being coached correctly.
Speaker 9: I'm saying, isn't there a coach that I tell you that? As you guys that was just drilling threes all night long. Nobody went to Tommy and said, hey, he need to we can't play off of this guy anymore. We gotta need somebody to stay on him, change things around, or I just don't get it.
Speaker 4: No, it's gonna say it's it is frustrating to watch. I mean again, we're all kind of watching his fans and maybe don't understand the x's and o's, but we just just wondering why why are guys open all the time, and why are they not making some adjustments.
Speaker 9: But Dave, especially that guy, he's a troup point a game scorer. Yeah, and it just seems like every time you were trying about newspapers and stuff, every time you open the paper on Arizona for the last twenty five years, it's like this guy sets a new record.
Speaker 4: It happens all the time, Vick.
Speaker 2: You know that when I covered it, it was like some dude, some dude, some tall dudes from Washington State. You never even knew he was on the roster, scores twenty five points and then.
Speaker 4: He doesn't do it again.
Speaker 2: True, Vic, if you coached, and I know you did, and you follow these things, it happens every now and again. I'm sure he said, you know, we got to get this guy, and Ida said, let's got to stop this girl, and it just doesn't happen because the basketball gods just find a way to find the person.
Speaker 4: What do you think is gonna happen in basketball? Did you go to a lot of basketball women?
Speaker 9: I go to all the women's games, So tell me what's going to happen. I would hate to see her leave. She's pretty good for the city, for the school, but something's internal is kind of off there. People must I don't know, people don't like her or something or I mean, how can how can Maddy Connor go away? And she's leading three point shooter and here and in the country and here in Arizona she doesn't play. Caitlyn Gilbert had so much trouble and she goes to l s U and is on the top five team in the nation and is and is just thriving. That shouldn't happen. I don't me anyway. I mean, is it?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 9: Is it the teacher or the student?
Speaker 4: Well? Good question, good question.
Speaker 5: I'm sure there's going to be a room, you know. I'm sure that you know, they always have those meetings at the end of the season, the athletic director and the staff.
Speaker 8: And try to figure out and then it carries.
Speaker 9: Me with a new Yeah, with a new athletic director. Is she gonna say?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 9: But I'm telling you, watching that offense is like watching grass grow. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: Well to your questions, Victor, the only the shadow knows, only the shadows.
Speaker 8: All right, you guys, have a great day.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Thank you a Victor.
Speaker 2: You call it Jay's on tomorrow, So I don't know if you're gonna call her out, But they're gonna win on Saturday.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we're gonna win. We're gonna win. But I'm scared we might have to face him twice in a row.
Speaker 4: That could very well happen. Yeah, yeah, which I know. And beating a team twice is.
Speaker 9: Tough, Yes it is.
Speaker 8: And okay, guys, thanks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Victor literally in their in their backyard.
Speaker 2: So you so you know that the Tommy's telling these guys and that's all they really had is that dude, I forget his name now. He was at the podium, uh and he scored crazy because no one else was doing it right right, It's like Arizona, how's this guy doing it well?
Speaker 4: They can't stop him, go to him all the time.
Speaker 5: It was frustrating to watch them. You were there and I just watching at home. It was just tough to watch that. You know, they hung in there that what six players then you know they basically had like.
Speaker 2: The within three I think eighty ninety eighty six, right, yeah, and you're thinking, oh, if they lose this game, it's not going to be pretty. No, and they pulled away, but still wasn't enough. Like I wrote yesterday, I guess fans here needs style points. Hope they should have been in my thirty and maybe they should have. Yeah, but they didn't. They got to win ten points with thirteen points.
Speaker 5: I think everybody was kind of expecting, you know, the Bobby Hurley farewell game and just pound them away. And you know, the way the last game went sports is funny. You just you know, I was sure, what's going to happen? Looking with the upsets we've been talking about, you know in the.
Speaker 4: SEC right just this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't pay attention to other fan bases, you know, specifically, but I'm sure that they're no different than Arizona. You don't win by enough one, Oh you should have beaten this team two by more, and what's going on? YadA YadA.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm sure people not are not happy in Kansas with their season is going number one.
Speaker 4: They're worse than Arizona, number one.
Speaker 2: Team in the country coming in yeah, number one, number one team and now maybe a seven seeds sixty.
Speaker 5: I mean, the standards are so high for some of these colleges in some of these areas where you know, they're the only game in towns, just like the Wildcats are here, so you know it's a big deal. There as a lot of people care and a lot of the huge alumni, a huge history of players who played there, and you know they got a legacy to live up to.
Speaker 4: Okay, are we done. We're almost done. Yeah, about thirty seconds. Thanks Dave.
Speaker 2: Next week I might see you a lot because of the book signed books. I'm going to be here the kids are gone there go on to spring break games, to be on the air. I'm going to be on the board.
Speaker 4: Hey, I'm more confident on the board.
Speaker 2: Okay, hey, snatch the pebble from my hand, and grasshopper, I've reached it enough I can.
Speaker 4: I'm saying that now because next week, say.
Speaker 2: All right, guys, thank you Kobe, thank you Dave, and we'll talk to you guys tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Jay will be in the studio,